Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

About the Novel
Title: Unrivaled Warrior by Ashley Grey
Author: -Ashley Grey
Genre: Advventure
Language: English

From a destitute outcast to a man in love, he crossed paths with a woman of power - the group's president. For love's sake, she selflessly forsook everything, fleeing with him. Their choice was met with scorn, leaving her heartbroken. Seven years elapsed, and he emerged utterly transformed - now the indomitable God of War, commanding both boundless wealth and power.

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
“Lucian, you were uncontactable during your seven years in the army. Freya was involved in a car accident and is now paralyzed. She was driven out by the family. She’s alone and living a miserable life.

”Lucian Gray and his mother were gathered before his father’s tombstone on the outskirts of Sioux.

Lucian could not help the full-body shudder that ran through him. There was an unconcealable horror expressed through his eyes. He turned to his mother, Lilian Seymour, and asked, “How is that possible, Mom? I haven’t heard anything when I was in the troops…”

“Much has happened in the seven years you’ve been gone. She kept writing to you a year after you left but every letter seemed to have disappeared into nothing. There was no news.”

Paralyzed…She’s confined to a wheelchair, lonely, and unable to return home. What has Freya experienced while I’ve been gone? Seven years…

“It doesn’t matter even if you’re kicked out of the family, Lucian. I, Freya, am not afraid of anything. I’ll give up everything I have as long as you love me. It doesn’t matter what difficulties lie ahead, I won’t be afraid as long as I have you by my side.”

“Promise me that you would never leave me no matter what.”

His eyes reddened as tears of guilt began to build up at the mere thought of Freya’s words.

Lucian had been the eldest son of the Gray family of Sioux seven years ago. His father was a well-known big shot not just within the city. He could stand toe-to-toe with those of Hohenwald. What awaited him, however, was a spectacular setup where he died horribly in the streets. His cause of death was a mystery. Both he and his mother were expelled from the family following the incident with nothing to their names. They were reduced to the bottom rung of society.

Freya, who was in love with Lucian, was not just a pretty face at school. She was the eldest daughter of the Harrison family. She continued to shine following her graduation and became vice president of the Harrison Group following the success of a large-scale project that was worth millions. Both Freya and he, who had been relegated to being part of the lower class, were people who belonged to different worlds.

She, regardless of her family’s opposition, chose to give everything up to marry him in secret with papers to show for it.When the Harrisons learned of the matter, the head of the family was furious and forcibly separated the two by taking her away.

Lucian decided to join the army after wallowing in his misery for a while in hopes that he would be able to make a name for himself by defending the country at the front lines. He wanted their union to be blessed.

His rare talents were quickly unearthed after he joined the military. He had become part of the special forces within the year. He cut off all contact with the outside world and was secretly deployed to the northern borders.

He fought bravely, won his battles, slain foreign invaders, quashed the traitors in their ranks, and safeguarded Vandergrift in the seven years.King Vandergrift himself had personally canonized him as the Infernal War God!

“There’s also something else I have to tell you, Lucian. You and Fay have a seven…”

His phone began to ring before Lilian could finish. It was an unfamiliar number.

“Hello? Is this Lucian Gray? I heard you were leaving the army and returning home. Divorce my Mom. I don’t want a father as heartless as you. I feel ashamed just thinking about it…”

“I can take care of Mom just fine. I don’t need a father like you.”

There was a childish voice tinged with determination and hatred on the phone. They did not hesitate to hang up without waiting for him to respond. He tried to call them back only to find that the phone had been switched off.His breaths quickened as he processed the words. He felt nervous.

Father??I don’t need a father like you.He turned his attention back to his mother. “Mom I… I have a daughter?”

“That’s right.”Lilian sighed and nodded.

“Freya secretly gave birth a year after you left. This angered Old Mr. Harrison and led to her being driven out of her home. She came here with her three-month-old daughter to look for you. She tried to establish contact for two years but nothing came of it. She left discouraged. She got into a car accident not two years later and has been paralyzed since…”

“Both Freya and Minnie were thrown out of the family after the accident. Minnie had to be the one to set up a stall in the market to earn money just so they could live. I’ve been doing my best to offer them a modest contribution as well to make up for all we’ve done to her.”

“There are also local hoodlums who often pick on Minnie and demand protection money. They often beat her up too.

”Lucian’s head went blank at the revelation.Freya birthed him a daughter and was now an invalid. The mother-daughter duo was thrown out of their home and relied on a seven-year-old to earn their keep.Tears rolled down his cheeks in a flood of guilt. Freya had given everything up for love and had to birth the product of their love in secret.

He forgot their promise and disappeared from her life in her most difficult moment.How much despair could she have been in?His hands curled into fists.

“How dare they treat them that way? I’ll kill them…”

His veins rippled with monstrous anger.

Driven out of their home…A fatherless bastard child who’s abused in the streets.

“Ah!!!”His eyes were bloodshot as he roared into the sky. She was only a seven-year-old child who not only had to earn money to support both herself and her mother and had to suffer the abuse thrown her way. He was going to kill the animals who hurt his wife and daughter. He was going to make sure that he wasn’t even going to leave a body behind for a proper burial.

“What are you doing, Lucian?”Lilian immediately asked as Lucian sped away.

“I’m going to Freya and Minnie. I owe them far too much… Far too much!” He left the cemetery and rushed back to the city in a blaze of glory.…Meanwhile, at a lively marketplace.

“My jewelry is pretty. I went to the next city over with my Mom to get it.”

“Take a look, Miss. It’ll look nice on you.”

Minnie was in a patchwork of a dress and calling to the people in the streets in her child-like voice. Every time she’d pass a woman by, she would actively sell her products to them. Her eyes demonstrated a maturity that did not match her age.

She was well-known in the marketplace as the seven-year-old girl with a paralyzed mother trying to earn a living.

Many girls passing through would buy a few jewelry pieces to support her. Minnie was the stubborn sort that refused money given for free.Freya was in her wheelchair, gaze dull as she watched her daughter. She couldn’t help the tears rolling down her cheeks.

She’s seven…She’s unable to provide Minnie with a good life as a mother and instead had to rely on her just to survive. She felt it better if she were dead rather than alive. If it weren’t for Minnie, she would’ve committed suicide.

“Look who it is. The bastard child and her cripple mother are out here again? How much did you earn today? Got enough to feed yourselves hopefully.”

A man with his hair swept back dressed in a suit came up to the girl with a wicked smile.

“What are you doing here, Calvin?”Anger surfaced in Freya’s eyes.

Calvin Harrison, her uncle’s son, was the spendthrift of the family. He was the one who planned the accident that ruined her. Freya had shone far too brightly in the business world and threatened his position. It contributed to the reason why he would so thoroughly destroy her.

“Why can’t I be here? It’s not like this marketplace is yours.”He crushed a jewelry piece underfoot and laughed.

“Hahaha, I’m so sorry. I accidentally broke one. But that’s okay. I have lots of money. Here.” He took out a wad of cash from his wallet and threw the stack on Minnie’s head while cursing, “Better kneel, you little beast. Do it and this is all yours. This should be more than enough to last you for a few months, right?”

“I don’t want it.”Minnie bit back.“Being mouthy now, brat?”Slap!He smirked and backhanded the girl, sending her sprawling to the ground.

Logan Yeri

Reaction score
“Lucian, you were uncontactable during your seven years in the army. Freya was involved in a car accident and is now paralyzed. She was driven out by the family. She’s alone and living a miserable life.

”Lucian Gray and his mother were gathered before his father’s tombstone on the outskirts of Sioux.

Lucian could not help the full-body shudder that ran through him. There was an unconcealable horror expressed through his eyes. He turned to his mother, Lilian Seymour, and asked, “How is that possible, Mom? I haven’t heard anything when I was in the troops…”

“Much has happened in the seven years you’ve been gone. She kept writing to you a year after you left but every letter seemed to have disappeared into nothing. There was no news.”

Paralyzed…She’s confined to a wheelchair, lonely, and unable to return home. What has Freya experienced while I’ve been gone? Seven years…

“It doesn’t matter even if you’re kicked out of the family, Lucian. I, Freya, am not afraid of anything. I’ll give up everything I have as long as you love me. It doesn’t matter what difficulties lie ahead, I won’t be afraid as long as I have you by my side.”

“Promise me that you would never leave me no matter what.”

His eyes reddened as tears of guilt began to build up at the mere thought of Freya’s words.

Lucian had been the eldest son of the Gray family of Sioux seven years ago. His father was a well-known big shot not just within the city. He could stand toe-to-toe with those of Hohenwald. What awaited him, however, was a spectacular setup where he died horribly in the streets. His cause of death was a mystery. Both he and his mother were expelled from the family following the incident with nothing to their names. They were reduced to the bottom rung of society.

Freya, who was in love with Lucian, was not just a pretty face at school. She was the eldest daughter of the Harrison family. She continued to shine following her graduation and became vice president of the Harrison Group following the success of a large-scale project that was worth millions. Both Freya and he, who had been relegated to being part of the lower class, were people who belonged to different worlds.

She, regardless of her family’s opposition, chose to give everything up to marry him in secret with papers to show for it.When the Harrisons learned of the matter, the head of the family was furious and forcibly separated the two by taking her away.

Lucian decided to join the army after wallowing in his misery for a while in hopes that he would be able to make a name for himself by defending the country at the front lines. He wanted their union to be blessed.

His rare talents were quickly unearthed after he joined the military. He had become part of the special forces within the year. He cut off all contact with the outside world and was secretly deployed to the northern borders.

He fought bravely, won his battles, slain foreign invaders, quashed the traitors in their ranks, and safeguarded Vandergrift in the seven years.King Vandergrift himself had personally canonized him as the Infernal War God!

“There’s also something else I have to tell you, Lucian. You and Fay have a seven…”

His phone began to ring before Lilian could finish. It was an unfamiliar number.

“Hello? Is this Lucian Gray? I heard you were leaving the army and returning home. Divorce my Mom. I don’t want a father as heartless as you. I feel ashamed just thinking about it…”

“I can take care of Mom just fine. I don’t need a father like you.”

There was a childish voice tinged with determination and hatred on the phone. They did not hesitate to hang up without waiting for him to respond. He tried to call them back only to find that the phone had been switched off.His breaths quickened as he processed the words. He felt nervous.

Father??I don’t need a father like you.He turned his attention back to his mother. “Mom I… I have a daughter?”

“That’s right.”Lilian sighed and nodded.

“Freya secretly gave birth a year after you left. This angered Old Mr. Harrison and led to her being driven out of her home. She came here with her three-month-old daughter to look for you. She tried to establish contact for two years but nothing came of it. She left discouraged. She got into a car accident not two years later and has been paralyzed since…”

“Both Freya and Minnie were thrown out of the family after the accident. Minnie had to be the one to set up a stall in the market to earn money just so they could live. I’ve been doing my best to offer them a modest contribution as well to make up for all we’ve done to her.”

“There are also local hoodlums who often pick on Minnie and demand protection money. They often beat her up too.

”Lucian’s head went blank at the revelation.Freya birthed him a daughter and was now an invalid. The mother-daughter duo was thrown out of their home and relied on a seven-year-old to earn their keep.Tears rolled down his cheeks in a flood of guilt. Freya had given everything up for love and had to birth the product of their love in secret.

He forgot their promise and disappeared from her life in her most difficult moment.How much despair could she have been in?His hands curled into fists.

“How dare they treat them that way? I’ll kill them…”

His veins rippled with monstrous anger.

Driven out of their home…A fatherless bastard child who’s abused in the streets.

“Ah!!!”His eyes were bloodshot as he roared into the sky. She was only a seven-year-old child who not only had to earn money to support both herself and her mother and had to suffer the abuse thrown her way. He was going to kill the animals who hurt his wife and daughter. He was going to make sure that he wasn’t even going to leave a body behind for a proper burial.

“What are you doing, Lucian?”Lilian immediately asked as Lucian sped away.

“I’m going to Freya and Minnie. I owe them far too much… Far too much!” He left the cemetery and rushed back to the city in a blaze of glory.…Meanwhile, at a lively marketplace.

“My jewelry is pretty. I went to the next city over with my Mom to get it.”

“Take a look, Miss. It’ll look nice on you.”

Minnie was in a patchwork of a dress and calling to the people in the streets in her child-like voice. Every time she’d pass a woman by, she would actively sell her products to them. Her eyes demonstrated a maturity that did not match her age.

She was well-known in the marketplace as the seven-year-old girl with a paralyzed mother trying to earn a living.

Many girls passing through would buy a few jewelry pieces to support her. Minnie was the stubborn sort that refused money given for free.Freya was in her wheelchair, gaze dull as she watched her daughter. She couldn’t help the tears rolling down her cheeks.

She’s seven…She’s unable to provide Minnie with a good life as a mother and instead had to rely on her just to survive. She felt it better if she were dead rather than alive. If it weren’t for Minnie, she would’ve committed suicide.

“Look who it is. The bastard child and her cripple mother are out here again? How much did you earn today? Got enough to feed yourselves hopefully.”

A man with his hair swept back dressed in a suit came up to the girl with a wicked smile.

“What are you doing here, Calvin?”Anger surfaced in Freya’s eyes.

Calvin Harrison, her uncle’s son, was the spendthrift of the family. He was the one who planned the accident that ruined her. Freya had shone far too brightly in the business world and threatened his position. It contributed to the reason why he would so thoroughly destroy her.

“Why can’t I be here? It’s not like this marketplace is yours.”He crushed a jewelry piece underfoot and laughed.

“Hahaha, I’m so sorry. I accidentally broke one. But that’s okay. I have lots of money. Here.” He took out a wad of cash from his wallet and threw the stack on Minnie’s head while cursing, “Better kneel, you little beast. Do it and this is all yours. This should be more than enough to last you for a few months, right?”

“I don’t want it.”Minnie bit back.“Being mouthy now, brat?”Slap!He smirked and backhanded the girl, sending her sprawling to the ground.
Are there more chapters?

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 2

“Minnie!”
The wheelchair-bound Freya could only cry out in anguish. She was unable to lift even a single finger. “I’m warning you, Calvin! Touch Minnie again and I’ll call the cops, you son of a b*tch!”

“You’re threatening me?”
Calvin cursed and kicked her wheelchair over, sending her toppling over into a pool of mud.

“F*ck you!”
He began to repeatedly kick the woman. “How dare a cripple like you threaten me? Do you think you’re still the high and lofty Ms. Harrison? You’re just a waste of space now. If I were you, I would’ve killed myself a long time ago, b*tch! Let’s see you fight back now!”

“You stop it!”

“Mom!”
Minnie threw herself in front of Freya and weathered a few blows. She gritted her teeth and refused to make a sound. She instead jabbered on, “You can hit me. Don’t hit my Mommy. Stop hitting her… She’s ill. Just hit me instead…”

“Minnie!”
Freya felt so useless as she lay on the floor. She was a wreck who couldn’t even stand up and do anything but watch her daughter be beaten.
She was a useless person who couldn’t even protect her own daughter.

“Help! Please save my daughter!”
She begged for help from the crowd of onlookers.

“Let’s just see them try. I’m the son of the Harrison family. Everyone who crosses me will wish they were dead!” He roared with fury.

This scared everyone in the crowd. No one stepped forward to help the mother-daughter duo. The man was from a powerful family after all. The rest of them were just ordinary citizens who couldn’t afford to poke the hornet’s nest.

“Ahhh!”
She cried herself hoarse as she watched Minnie be assaulted and her face pressed into the mud. Every scream out of the little girl only added to her hatred. She cried out in despair, “I hate you, Lucian Gray! I hate you!”
I hate you!
Freya’s eyes were filled with overwhelming anger. She looked like a feral beast ready to go on a rampage. She screamed in anguish at the group of indifferent onlookers.

I hate…
I hate that heartless man who ruined my life.

She had been a school belle. Her talents in running a business shone after her graduation. She successfully served as the president of the Harrison Group and was worth millions. Her future was one of endless possibilities.

Yet, she gave up everything she had for love and eloped to the countryside with Lucian and got married.

She gave everything she had to him but all she received in return was him being gone from her life.

She found out about her pregnancy only after the Harrisons had forcefully removed her from his side. The fetus was a product of the love between her and Lucian, which was why she concealed the truth that she had given birth to Minnie and incurred the wrath of the Harrison family. It made her the joke of Sioux. She lost her former glory overnight.

She didn’t care. She brought the then three-month-old Minnie in search of him as a surprise only to hear that he had enlisted into the army.

She wrote letter after letter but it was as if they had all been swallowed up in the void. No news ever came back.
It had been seven years since then!
“Stop it, Calvin. Everyone here knows Freya and Minnie are well-known people who are suffering hardship. Stop picking on them.”

A woman carrying a basket couldn’t stand it anymore

“You want to die so badly, b*tch?”
He jabbed a finger in her face. “Trying to offend the Harrisons now, huh?”

“I…”
The woman trembled in fright and retreated into the crowd. She was just an ordinary person who couldn’t afford to go against a family like the Harrisons. She had no choice but to back down.

“I’m going to break this bastard brat’s legs today. Let’s see who can say anything about it.”

“I am the law here.” He snarled arrogantly.

“You’ve got guts.”
Suddenly, there came an enraged yell from nearby.

Everyone turned to look to see a military vehicle drive up at a breakneck speed before stopping.
Lucian, who was in military boots and a dark green coat, jumped out of the car. His firm facial features exuded the air of a king. The indifference in his eyes made him look like a mighty beast in slumber. It was as if the air around them had stilled by his mere presence.

“L…Lucian.”
Freya, still lying in the dirt, was shocked to see him. She had waited for seven long years. He was finally back.

Why did you even come back for…?
She burst into tears as the light in her eyes went out. She lay motionless on the ground as if she were dead.
Minnie, who was lying protectively on top of Freya, noticed that something was wrong and looked up to see Lucian. She trembled when she noticed the familiarity. Icy anger surfaced in her eyes.

She understood in an instant that the man before her was her father that had gone off the grid for seven long years.

No. I don’t have a father.
I’m a kid who doesn’t have a father. Everyone knows that.

“Who the f*ck are you?”
Calvin stared at Lucian and came to a realization. His words were mocking.

“Oh… And here I was wondering who you were. If it isn’t the exiled Mr. Lucian himself. I heard you joined the army. Done with military services?”
He was looking at the mother-daughter duo lying in a heap on the floor.

Lucian didn’t pay Calvin any attention. He could see Minnie’s eyes clear with hatred for him. Guilt overcame him to see those eyes on a little girl.

He had wanted to avenge his family but Minnie’s hatred and Freya’s indifference stopped him in his tracks.
He was no longer a war god. He had become an irresponsible husband and father.

“Bullying my daughter?”
He glared at Calvin and spat through gritted teeth.

“Hehehehe.” Calvin, with his hands folded across his chest, glanced condescendingly down at Minnie and guffawed. “She’s such a little bitch. Those were just a few kicks. Let’s see her upset me again. Next time, I’ll break her legs, kill her and feed her to the dogs!”

“F*ck you!”
Lucian, who’d been largely silent, let out a heart-wrenching scream as tears rolled down his cheeks.
He rushed up to Calvin at the speed of sound.

Bam!
His fist connected with Calvin’s chest.

Logan Yeri

Reaction score
Chapter 2

“Minnie!”
The wheelchair-bound Freya could only cry out in anguish. She was unable to lift even a single finger. “I’m warning you, Calvin! Touch Minnie again and I’ll call the cops, you son of a b*tch!”

“You’re threatening me?”
Calvin cursed and kicked her wheelchair over, sending her toppling over into a pool of mud.

“F*ck you!”
He began to repeatedly kick the woman. “How dare a cripple like you threaten me? Do you think you’re still the high and lofty Ms. Harrison? You’re just a waste of space now. If I were you, I would’ve killed myself a long time ago, b*tch! Let’s see you fight back now!”

“You stop it!”

“Mom!”
Minnie threw herself in front of Freya and weathered a few blows. She gritted her teeth and refused to make a sound. She instead jabbered on, “You can hit me. Don’t hit my Mommy. Stop hitting her… She’s ill. Just hit me instead…”

“Minnie!”
Freya felt so useless as she lay on the floor. She was a wreck who couldn’t even stand up and do anything but watch her daughter be beaten.
She was a useless person who couldn’t even protect her own daughter.

“Help! Please save my daughter!”
She begged for help from the crowd of onlookers.

“Let’s just see them try. I’m the son of the Harrison family. Everyone who crosses me will wish they were dead!” He roared with fury.

This scared everyone in the crowd. No one stepped forward to help the mother-daughter duo. The man was from a powerful family after all. The rest of them were just ordinary citizens who couldn’t afford to poke the hornet’s nest.

“Ahhh!”
She cried herself hoarse as she watched Minnie be assaulted and her face pressed into the mud. Every scream out of the little girl only added to her hatred. She cried out in despair, “I hate you, Lucian Gray! I hate you!”
I hate you!
Freya’s eyes were filled with overwhelming anger. She looked like a feral beast ready to go on a rampage. She screamed in anguish at the group of indifferent onlookers.

I hate…
I hate that heartless man who ruined my life.

She had been a school belle. Her talents in running a business shone after her graduation. She successfully served as the president of the Harrison Group and was worth millions. Her future was one of endless possibilities.

Yet, she gave up everything she had for love and eloped to the countryside with Lucian and got married.

She gave everything she had to him but all she received in return was him being gone from her life.

She found out about her pregnancy only after the Harrisons had forcefully removed her from his side. The fetus was a product of the love between her and Lucian, which was why she concealed the truth that she had given birth to Minnie and incurred the wrath of the Harrison family. It made her the joke of Sioux. She lost her former glory overnight.

She didn’t care. She brought the then three-month-old Minnie in search of him as a surprise only to hear that he had enlisted into the army.

She wrote letter after letter but it was as if they had all been swallowed up in the void. No news ever came back.
It had been seven years since then!
“Stop it, Calvin. Everyone here knows Freya and Minnie are well-known people who are suffering hardship. Stop picking on them.”

A woman carrying a basket couldn’t stand it anymore

“You want to die so badly, b*tch?”
He jabbed a finger in her face. “Trying to offend the Harrisons now, huh?”

“I…”
The woman trembled in fright and retreated into the crowd. She was just an ordinary person who couldn’t afford to go against a family like the Harrisons. She had no choice but to back down.

“I’m going to break this bastard brat’s legs today. Let’s see who can say anything about it.”

“I am the law here.” He snarled arrogantly.

“You’ve got guts.”
Suddenly, there came an enraged yell from nearby.

Everyone turned to look to see a military vehicle drive up at a breakneck speed before stopping.
Lucian, who was in military boots and a dark green coat, jumped out of the car. His firm facial features exuded the air of a king. The indifference in his eyes made him look like a mighty beast in slumber. It was as if the air around them had stilled by his mere presence.

“L…Lucian.”
Freya, still lying in the dirt, was shocked to see him. She had waited for seven long years. He was finally back.

Why did you even come back for…?
She burst into tears as the light in her eyes went out. She lay motionless on the ground as if she were dead.
Minnie, who was lying protectively on top of Freya, noticed that something was wrong and looked up to see Lucian. She trembled when she noticed the familiarity. Icy anger surfaced in her eyes.

She understood in an instant that the man before her was her father that had gone off the grid for seven long years.

No. I don’t have a father.
I’m a kid who doesn’t have a father. Everyone knows that.

“Who the f*ck are you?”
Calvin stared at Lucian and came to a realization. His words were mocking.

“Oh… And here I was wondering who you were. If it isn’t the exiled Mr. Lucian himself. I heard you joined the army. Done with military services?”
He was looking at the mother-daughter duo lying in a heap on the floor.

Lucian didn’t pay Calvin any attention. He could see Minnie’s eyes clear with hatred for him. Guilt overcame him to see those eyes on a little girl.

He had wanted to avenge his family but Minnie’s hatred and Freya’s indifference stopped him in his tracks.
He was no longer a war god. He had become an irresponsible husband and father.

“Bullying my daughter?”
He glared at Calvin and spat through gritted teeth.

“Hehehehe.” Calvin, with his hands folded across his chest, glanced condescendingly down at Minnie and guffawed. “She’s such a little bitch. Those were just a few kicks. Let’s see her upset me again. Next time, I’ll break her legs, kill her and feed her to the dogs!”

“F*ck you!”
Lucian, who’d been largely silent, let out a heart-wrenching scream as tears rolled down his cheeks.
He rushed up to Calvin at the speed of sound.

Bam!
His fist connected with Calvin’s chest.
Do you have chapters 134 and above?
Would you please share the source link?

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Do you have chapters 134 and above?
Would you please share the source link?
Why didn't you post here as you were reading. I am posting four novels as I am writing. If you posted here other could chip in posting too

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 3

Calvin landed on the ground in a heap and coughed up blood. Lucian didn’t let up. His fists continued to rain down on the beaten man.

One…

Two…

Three…

The beaten Calvin was frantically crying for mercy but Lucian was a beast gone rogue. He didn’t stop no matter how he begged. It took knocking Calvin unconscious for him to stop.

“Freya… Minnie…”
His fists were covered in blood as he glanced over at the mother-daughter duo, panting.
He shuddered at the sight of the hatred in the girl’s eyes. He felt remorseful but didn’t know what to do.

“Let’s go, Minnie.”
Freya said to her daughter. She didn’t want to take another look at Lucian.

“Okay.” Minnie nodded and used all her strength to help her back up into her wheelchair.
He didn’t hesitate to rush up to Freya to help. The indifferent face covered in mud made his heart ache. The tears would not stop.
“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

“I’m so sorry, Fay. You and Minnie had suffered all these years…”
He took out a packet of tissues from his pocket.

“Here. Let me help you.”
He gently wiped down her face. He never could’ve imagined that the one proud president of the Harrison Group would end up this way, paralyzed and wheelchair-bound and barely looking alive.

Freya remained impassive as she allowed him to wipe her face. There was not a single shred of emotion on her face.

It was a look only a woman who had given up would have.

“Hands off my Mom.”
Minnie pushed him away.

Lucian fell back into the same pool of mud. His eyes were rimmed red as he watched his daughter. He picked up a gift that he had bought for her and said with a shaky voice, “Come here, sweetheart. Daddy will clean you up too. You have dirt on your face…”

“You are not my father.”
Her eyes were calm despite the resentment burning in them. She began to speak as if she were an adult.

“If you are my father, where were you when my mother had a car accident, suffered a brain hemorrhage, and was on the operating table for three days and three nights?”

“If you are my father, where were you when my mother was abandoned by her family and left to fend for herself in the streets with nothing to our names?”

“If you are my father, where were you when Mom was bullied and berated for being a cripple?”

“If you are my father, where were you when Mom suffered a high fever with no money for treatment and I was left begging on my knees at the hospital with no one to turn to?”

“I can take care of Mom just fine. You’re just getting in the way!”
Minnie’s every word were knives that ruthlessly stabbed themselves into his heart. The pain suffocated him. He had so much he wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her how he’d been gone defending the country all these years and had no idea that they would fall to such hardship.
He knew any explanation would be futile. The hatred in her eyes told her everything he had to know. To Minnie, he was an irresponsible father and a dispensable person. She saw him as her enemy.

This was his first time meeting his daughter but it turned out to be a meeting between foes. It was a painful thing to experience as a father. He’d rather face a thousand mercenaries coming for his throat.
He had no idea what to do with a daughter that hated him to his core.
Guilt flooded his senses as tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Stop it, Minnie!”

The silently sobbing Freya gently shook her head at her daughter. “I was the one who picked him. No one else is to blame.”

“Let’s go, Mom. I’ll be the one to protect you. We don’t need anyone else.”

Minnie skillfully packed up the jewelry and shoved them into the cloth bag behind the wheelchair and left with Freya. She was merely seven but the way she wheeled the chair indicated that she had strength far greater than those her age.

Lucian screwed his eyes shut as the two departed. Tears continued to fall. He had never cried no matter how tired he was and how much suffering he went through back in the military and yet, he was crying in the face of his wife and daughter who hated him.
I’m so sorry, Freya… Minnie…

“I’m back now. Neither you nor your Mom will suffer again, Minnie.”
Lucian immediately thought of something. He took out a card from his coat pocket, and said, “This is the money I earned as a soldier. It can buy you a lot of clothes, snacks, and even a house. I’ll take care of both of you. Please allow me to do that.”
There was a quiver in his voice.
He had no idea how to make up for the hurt he had caused them besides handing them his bank card.
Minnie only grew angrier. She slapped it away. “Keep it to your own! We don’t need your stinking money. Better a poor mom than a rich dad like you. I’ll never forgive you no matter how rich you are. I’ll buy Mom a house and more clothes. We don’t need you…”

“Let’s go, Mom.”
The girl wheeled the chair forward and took large strides away.
The tears did not stop as he knelt in the mud to stare at the card that Minnie had so vehemently rejected. Would she ever forgive her heartless father?

“Argh!”

He broke down under everyone’s watchful eyes.

Yes, he was now the renowned Infernal War God in charge of millions of soldiers and wielded considerable power on all levels of society but what did it matter if he was unable to gain the forgiveness of both the woman he loved and his daughter?
What did it matter even if I have all this?

“I’m back, Faye, Minnie. No one will ever lay a finger on you again. I swear I’ll do everything in my power to make up for what I’ve done. I’ll give you everything you want no matter what. The world will be your oyster,” he declared with eyes full of guilt.

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 4

Back at a suburban cemetery in Sioux.

Lucian returned to his father’s tombstone in despair and fell to his knees. “I’m a horrible person, Dad. I’ve hurt Fay and Minnie. They hate me. Your granddaughter Minnie sees me as an enemy.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll do everything in my power to make it up to them. No one will ever torment them again.”

“As I promised before I joined the army, I’ll see to it that your killers pay a heavy price for what they’ve done. Expect some company on the other side. I know how much you like Sioux Peak. I’ll give you a proper funeral next month. I bought off Sioux Peak to move your grave to the summit.”

“I’ve dug a hundred pits at the foot of the mountain too. I’ll make sure every single person who participated in your demise will be buried six feet under.”

“I’ll make sure you have all the slaves you need in the afterlife.”

“Hey Mr. War God, I’ve prepared the bride price you wanted. Everything is now in Sioux. When will we be picking up your wife from the Harrison family? Hahaha.”

Liam Martinez, Lucian’s proud assistant, asked in excitement.
“Not for a while.”

Lucian got up and shook his head.
The smile on Liam’s face stiffened. He shot Lucian a confused look. “Why not, Mr. War God? We’ve been preparing for this for such a long time. We aren’t just going to put it all to waste, right?”

“I said, we are not doing this for a while. Do you understand me?”
Lucian glared at his assistant.
Liam feared Lucian. With how angry his superior was, he could only nod.

“I…I got it. I just don’t understand why we aren’t going. Did something happen?”

Lucian sighed and told him everything that had happened with Freya and Minnie.

Liam looked surprised by what was revealed to him. It was unexpected to see Lucian’s life had undergone such a big change. He even had a seven-year-old daughter.

“So… what do you plan to do now, Mr. War God?” Liam asked weakly.

“I can’t propose for now. With how they act around me, Freya would still say no even if I asked for her hand. I’ll spend the rest of my life making up for my mistakes. I’ll also see to it that Freya’s condition is treated,” he said.
Liam nodded. There wasn’t much he could say. He had never been in love before but knew that a relationship was doomed the moment a woman who gave her all to love gave up. A marriage proposal now would only fall through.

Marriage would only harm Freya further.

“By the way, don’t reveal my identity. Not a word about me being a war god. I promised the old chief before I retired that I am not to divulge the news that the Infernal War God has left the northern border. That would spell trouble for Vandergrift as a whole.”

“Enemy nations haven’t made a move because they still think you’re holding the northern border. I’ll make sure this doesn’t get leaked.”

“There’s one more thing, My Lord. After you retired, the old chief passed down the largest state-owned enterprise in Sioux, the Infernal Group to you. You are the shadow chairman of the Infernal Group. The group currently has several large-scale projects being tendered. Many families including the Grays and the Harrisons are involved. Would you like to screen them yourself?”

“You think I care about participating in a bidding war?”

Lucian shot a glare at Liam and said, displeased, “They can handle themselves. I’m heading home to have dinner with my mother. Don’t come to me if nothing important happens. Also, stop calling me Mr. War God. Lucian is fine.”

Lucian left home at two that afternoon after lunch with his mother. He wanted to keep his identity as the War God a secret and referred to himself as a retired foot soldier which resulted in Lilian insisting he find himself a job.

He made his way to Freya and Minnie’s home which was located in a convoluted urban village instead.

“What are you doing here?
Minnie was washing clothes out in the yard beneath a faucet when Lucian showed up with bags of nutritional products in hand. Her expression turned grim.

“Washing clothes, Minnie?”

He got down to her eye level and asked with a smile.
“Oh, I’m not… Are you blind?”

She didn’t pay him any more attention and went back to doing the laundry. Her every movement was skilled and comparable to that of an adult. Lucian felt a lump form in his throat at the sight. A seven-year-old should’ve been dotted on her parents and yet she carried the weight of the world on her fragile shoulders.
She had to take care of her paralyzed mother and work to earn money. It was heartbreaking to think about.

“Look, I brought you and Mom some stuff…”

Minnie shot him a look of extreme disgust before he could finish. “Stop being nice to me and Mom. We don’t need it. All I want to know is when you and Mom are getting a divorce.”

“I’m sorry, Minnie. Can you forgive me just this once? I swear I’ll take care of you and your mother.”

He was pleading. He didn’t know what to say to his daughter who hated him down to his core.

“No.” She was firm in her determination. She stood up and pushed him away. “Leave. Get out. I’ll never forgive a heartless man like you. Mom gave everything up for you and you repaid her by playing the disappearing act for years. I can take care of Mom just fine. What else do I need you for? Leave! Do you hear me?!”

The knife embedded in his heart was driven further in by his daughter’s resolution. He wanted to explain but all words died on his tongue the moment her angry eyes turned to him. Explanations were futile.

“Let him in, Minnie. I have something to say to him.”

Freya’s voice could be heard from within the home.

Minnie looked conflicted. It was only after a moment of silence that she answered, “Okay, Mom.”

She then turned to Lucian with a look of disgust. “Mom has something to say to you. Don’t try to torment her or you’ll have something coming. Leave before I’m done with the laundry.”
He sighed as the girl went back to her washing. He went inside with his gifts in hand.

He was stunned to see their living conditions. It was a room barely ten square feet. Only a bed and a desk could be placed. The wallpaper was peeling. The space was also incredibly humid.

“Fay, I…I don’t know what to say.”
He felt even worse when faced with the wheelchair-bound Freya. Her cold, indifferent eyes made him realize just how much harm he’d caused her.

“Sit.”

Freya acted so calmly but Lucian was more than aware that it was the look of someone who had given up.

“Why are you here? Do you see me for a fool? Did you want to see what has become of the foolish woman who gave you everything? Are you happy now? Want to lord it over me so badly?”

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 5

“Please don’t say that, Fay.”
Lucian began his bitter explanation,
“I’ve been in the army all these years thinking that I’d be able to make a name for myself and come back to officially ask for your hand in marriage. I was suffering too.”

“Things have already come to this. What else is there to say?”

The entire situation was laughable. Her words were indifferent and there was not a trace of life in her eyes. He felt despair crash over him.
The tension was palpable in the room.

Lucian had never been good with his words. The onslaught of guilt only further put him at a loss. He didn’t know what to say to appease Freya and was aware that whatever he said would only fall on deaf ears.

“If you loved me, stay and take care of Minnie.”

Freya made a request that shocked him.

“I’ll do it.” He couldn’t wish for a better opportunity. “You have nothing to worry about, Fay. I’ll take care of both you and Minnie. No one will ever torment you again. I promise.”

“Hah.” Her smile was apathetic when she heard his promise. “I don’t need you to take care of me. All I want is for you to take care of Minnie. I’m not ashamed of any of my decisions. My only regret is having made Minnie suffer. My only hope is for you to raise her into adulthood and you’ll be free to do as you please. She’ll be able to take good care of herself once she’s an adult.”

She was acting as if she were passing on a will to a world that thoroughly disgusted her.

It also sounded to him as if she was ready to leave the world behind her.
Despair ate him. He understood that no amount of reassurance would have any effect on her. Perhaps being by her side would help her out of the darkness.

“I’ll take care of her,” he said after a moment of silence.

“Minnie does not need you…”
Frank Harrison and Annie Watson rushed into the room in a furious flurry. Anger was palpable the moment they laid eyes on Lucian. Their family fell into such a state all because of him.

They had such a brilliant daughter but a single moment of weakness ruined her.

They hated him as much as Freya and Minnie did.

“Ma’am, I…”
He had no idea how to respond and could only stand in silence.

“What?”
Annie yanked him by his collar and snarled, “My daughter loved you so much she gave everything up for you and how do you repay her? You went off the grid for seven years. Do you have any idea what my daughter had to go through?”

“Enough, Mom, Dad. I don’t want to talk about it anymore. I’ve decided to keep him around. Stop trying to convince me otherwise!” Freya no longer wanted to discuss the past.
Neither Frank nor Annie could convince her otherwise. They had no choice but to reluctantly back off. It was true that Freya and Minnie needed to be taken care of. The recently retired trash, Lucian, could stay as the caretaker. It was a weight off their shoulders when they went to work too.

Annie glared at Lucian and then sat down next to Freya. “Oh, Fay. You shouldn’t have been so foolish. You know what Calvin is like. Just put up with it when he comes by. Why did you get Lucian to put him in the hospital?”

“I…”
Freya didn’t know what to say. It was true that Calvin was seriously injured because Lucian had beat him up for them.

“Your grandparents and uncle were furious to hear about it. They want us to have you return to the Harrison residence to apologize or they’ll kick your father and me out of the family too. You know your father’s income isn’t very high at the Harrison Group. We’re barely scraping by to support the family. What are we going to do if we’re expelled from the family?” Annie said helplessly to her daughter.

These words made Freya feel extremely guilty. Her father had been demoted from his position as a high-rank executive after she had given birth to Minnie. What kind of horrible person would she be if they were expelled from the family too? They were in debt because they had to treat her. Even the house had been sold. They continued to help her regardless. She wouldn’t be here otherwise. She had to bow her head for her parents’ sake.

“I’ll go.” Freya nodded.

“I’ll come too,” Lucian said.

“I was the one who beat Calvin up. This is all happening because of me. I should be the one to apologize.”

“No.”
Frank scoffed. “You have nothing to do with Fay. We don’t need you playing pretend here. This is a family matter that is none of your business. Leave.”

“Let him go, Dad.”
Freya had allowed him to stay by her side not because she forgave him. She simply wanted to give Minnie a better life. She was going to leave him once her daughter was old enough. They’ll never speak again.

She was never going to forgive him. All the warmth in her heart had bled out a long time ago. There was no way to recover what was already lost.
Lucian was the one to wheel her out of the village and into the city alongside Frank and Annie. The furious Minnie was left behind. She hated Lucian with a passion but had no power to veto her mother’s decision.

Dax Harrison, the head of the Harrison family, was seated in the Harrison residence’s parlor. Fury was clear on his face. The walnuts in his hand clicked against one another as he rolled them in his palm. The rest of the family was no less indignant. No one expected the nerve of the crippled Freya to call up the outcast of the Gray family to put Calvin in the hospital.

She’s got guts!
Dax had three sons. The eldest was named Aaron, the second in line was Hugo and the third was Frank.
Aaron Harrison was Calvin’s father. He was the one present who was the most furious. He turned to Dax and Eleanor Reeves. “That little b*tch put your dearest grandson in the hospital. I want justice.”

“That where is going too far. How could she have done this? This is clearly an act of rebellion,” Elsa Miller cried for her son.

“Nothing to worry about. I’ve contacted Frank and Annie. They’ll bring Freya here.”

Dax waved his hand to signal for the group to calm down. “Ah, yes. How is the project with the Infernal Group progressing? We have to be the ones to nab that project. It’ll propel the family to even greater heights. This is very important.”

“We almost have the project bagged, Dad. My daughter is in a relationship with a manager at the Infernal Group. You can rest assured that we’ll have it,” Hugo Harrison declared with full confidence.

“Hahahaha.” Dax threw his head back and laughed. “Good job, Nadine. You’ll be the project director as long as we get it. The Infernal Group’s project will be under your family.”

Nadine Harrison was excited. She had been eyeing the position for a long time and thanked her grandfather profusely.

“You’re welcome.” Dax waved her off.

“I did say whoever gets us the project will be the one in charge of it. I’m a man of my word.”

“Grandpa, Freya and her family are here…”

Nadine suddenly pointed to the four people at the door.

The group tacitly agreed to stop discussing the topic. To them, Freya had long ceased to be a part of the Harrison family. She was not qualified to listen in on such an important matter.

“You brought that piece of trash with you?”
Dax’s wife, Eleanor, was enraged.

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 6

Everyone’s gazes were affixed on Lucian. It barely took any effort for them to recognize him. No one expected the family to be so bold as to lead the black sheep of the Gray family right onto their doorstep.

“What is the meaning of this? You let this scum beat up my son and then bring him here? What kind of sh*t are you pulling?”

Aaron went off the rails at the mere thought of his son lying in the hospital.

“This isn’t what it looks like, Aaron.”
Frank’s standing within the family was poor. “Lucian was the one who assaulted Calvin. We brought him here to apologize. We wouldn’t bring an outsider in here to make a mess of the family.”

“Hah, us? Family? Don’t you feel ashamed?” Elsa shot a look at Frank and Annie with her arms crossed.
Awkwardness fell over Frank and Annie but they had no choice but to bow their heads. The group was their only source of income.

“Oh, you’re here to apologize?”
Elsa’s smile was cold. “My son is severely injured because of you.

What I want is simple. Let’s have that bastard child Minnie and the wh*re Freya kneel at our gates for three days as a way to repent for their mistakes.”

“My daughter is a child. I’ll take full responsibility as her mother. Don’t give her a hard time,” Freya said firmly.

“Bullshit!” Dax slammed his fists against the table and screamed in anger, “You were the one who birthed the bastard child that disgraced our family name. And yet here you are colluding with Lucian and injuring my grandson. Kneel or I’ll see to it that your parents end up just like you.”
Dax was disgusted by Minnie’s very existence. He hated her so much that he’d rather her dead.

Eleanor also got to her feet. “No, it won’t just be you and that little bastard. Frank and Annie will do the same. All four of you are to kneel outside the gates for three days and we’ll let it go. Or, you can kiss your position in this family goodbye.”

“We’ll do it but please let Fay and Minnie go. My daughter is paralyzed. She can’t kneel.”

Annie had always been more bark than bite. She was disgusted by Lucian but still held a clear conscience for her daughter.

“The cripple was the one who colluded with an outsider to assault a member of the Harrison family. She’d be quite the rebel if she weren’t a cripple. Can’t kneel? Crawl then.” The look in Eleanor’s eyes was sinister.

“Fine. I’ll do it!”
Freya agreed for her parents and daughter’s sake. She turned to look at Lucian. “Wheel me to the gates.”
Lucian refused to move. His expression was dark as he looked at Dax. “Am I right to assume that you were discussing the Infernal Group’s big project before we came in?”

“Ah, so you’ve heard.”
Pride surfaced on his face. “There’s no point in hiding it any further. That’s right, Nadine has the Infernal Group’s project in the bag. She’s an outstanding woman. It’s perfectly normal for her to be able to negotiate for a deal like this.”

They managed to get the project?!
Frank and Annie shared a bewildered look. They heard about how difficult the project was as employees of the group. They hadn’t expected Nadine to be able to close off the deal. With how poor their relationship was with Nadine’s family, their status was in jeopardy.

“We’ll have several million if we see this project to the end. Becoming one of the elite would no longer be a problem. Everyone will know the Harrison name.”

Nadine smirked. “My advice is to hurry out and take your punishment. Maybe Grandpa will take pity on you. You’ll be fed once the Harrison family becomes the best of the best. Hehe.”

“Try making them do anything. A single phone call from me is more than enough for you to lose this project within three minutes.”
A brooding voice resounded throughout the parlor.

The group stared at Lucian as if he were a fool. It was inconceivable for them to lose the project because of a piece of trash that had been exiled from the Gray family. He was just an unknown soldier with nothing to his name.

“Hahahaha.”
Everyone roared with laughter. Contempt surfaced on their faces.
Freya, Frank, and Annie were at a loss for words. Lucian hadn’t said a word since the moment they walked in and yet here he was spouting the most ridiculous words.

“Do you still think you’re an heir to the Gray family, Lucian?”

Dax smiled coldly. “Yes. The Gray family is indeed powerful in Vandergrift. The Gray family of Sioux is the best of the best because they had a man like your father but he’s long dead. You’re nothing without him. And you dare threaten me?”

“Oh, you don’t believe me?”
Lucian didn’t hesitate to make the call.

“Enough, Lucian. You’ve made enough of a mess.”
Freya glared at him in displeasure.
She assumed that he’d be much more subdued after being in military service for seven years but it became clear in an instant that he hadn’t changed since graduation. He was just as impulsive as before.
He was rash but he was never someone who would spout nonsense like this.

What happened to the man she had fallen for seven years ago?
Lucian paid her no mind. He had called Liam. “Look up the bidding documents and planning proposals submitted by the Harrison Group. I want results within three minutes!”
With that, he hung up.

“Hahahaha.”
Nadine was the one who laughed the loudest. “Oh, Lucian. Who do you think you are? Let me tell you right now. My husband is a manager at the Infernal Group. Who do you think he’ll give the project to? You’re nothing.”

“Ah, I see. Let’s have him fired too.”
Lucian made another call. “Look up the manager that Nadine Harrison is involved with. Fire him.”

“Hahahahaha.”
The parlor once again resounded with mocking laughter. Everyone believed he had gone insane during his time serving in the army. He saw himself as a big shot. What a crazy bastard.

“Enough, Lucian. Stop embarrassing us.”

Annie and Frank grew anxious. Their place within the group was already at rock bottom. Lucian’s actions might very well get them kicked out of the family.

“Ring ring.”
That was when Nadine’s phone began to ring. It was her husband. Her expression softened until angry roars came through the receiver.
“What the flying f*ck, Nadine? Who the hell did the Harrison family mess with? The Infernal Group just issued a notice stating that they would never cooperate with the Harrison family. I got fired too…”

Logan Yeri

Reaction score
Great work
Chapter 6

Everyone’s gazes were affixed on Lucian. It barely took any effort for them to recognize him. No one expected the family to be so bold as to lead the black sheep of the Gray family right onto their doorstep.

“What is the meaning of this? You let this scum beat up my son and then bring him here? What kind of sh*t are you pulling?”

Aaron went off the rails at the mere thought of his son lying in the hospital.

“This isn’t what it looks like, Aaron.”
Frank’s standing within the family was poor. “Lucian was the one who assaulted Calvin. We brought him here to apologize. We wouldn’t bring an outsider in here to make a mess of the family.”

“Hah, us? Family? Don’t you feel ashamed?” Elsa shot a look at Frank and Annie with her arms crossed.
Awkwardness fell over Frank and Annie but they had no choice but to bow their heads. The group was their only source of income.

“Oh, you’re here to apologize?”
Elsa’s smile was cold. “My son is severely injured because of you.

What I want is simple. Let’s have that bastard child Minnie and the wh*re Freya kneel at our gates for three days as a way to repent for their mistakes.”

“My daughter is a child. I’ll take full responsibility as her mother. Don’t give her a hard time,” Freya said firmly.

“Bullshit!” Dax slammed his fists against the table and screamed in anger, “You were the one who birthed the bastard child that disgraced our family name. And yet here you are colluding with Lucian and injuring my grandson. Kneel or I’ll see to it that your parents end up just like you.”
Dax was disgusted by Minnie’s very existence. He hated her so much that he’d rather her dead.

Eleanor also got to her feet. “No, it won’t just be you and that little bastard. Frank and Annie will do the same. All four of you are to kneel outside the gates for three days and we’ll let it go. Or, you can kiss your position in this family goodbye.”

“We’ll do it but please let Fay and Minnie go. My daughter is paralyzed. She can’t kneel.”

Annie had always been more bark than bite. She was disgusted by Lucian but still held a clear conscience for her daughter.

“The cripple was the one who colluded with an outsider to assault a member of the Harrison family. She’d be quite the rebel if she weren’t a cripple. Can’t kneel? Crawl then.” The look in Eleanor’s eyes was sinister.

“Fine. I’ll do it!”
Freya agreed for her parents and daughter’s sake. She turned to look at Lucian. “Wheel me to the gates.”
Lucian refused to move. His expression was dark as he looked at Dax. “Am I right to assume that you were discussing the Infernal Group’s big project before we came in?”

“Ah, so you’ve heard.”
Pride surfaced on his face. “There’s no point in hiding it any further. That’s right, Nadine has the Infernal Group’s project in the bag. She’s an outstanding woman. It’s perfectly normal for her to be able to negotiate for a deal like this.”

They managed to get the project?!
Frank and Annie shared a bewildered look. They heard about how difficult the project was as employees of the group. They hadn’t expected Nadine to be able to close off the deal. With how poor their relationship was with Nadine’s family, their status was in jeopardy.

“We’ll have several million if we see this project to the end. Becoming one of the elite would no longer be a problem. Everyone will know the Harrison name.”

Nadine smirked. “My advice is to hurry out and take your punishment. Maybe Grandpa will take pity on you. You’ll be fed once the Harrison family becomes the best of the best. Hehe.”

“Try making them do anything. A single phone call from me is more than enough for you to lose this project within three minutes.”
A brooding voice resounded throughout the parlor.

The group stared at Lucian as if he were a fool. It was inconceivable for them to lose the project because of a piece of trash that had been exiled from the Gray family. He was just an unknown soldier with nothing to his name.

“Hahahaha.”
Everyone roared with laughter. Contempt surfaced on their faces.
Freya, Frank, and Annie were at a loss for words. Lucian hadn’t said a word since the moment they walked in and yet here he was spouting the most ridiculous words.

“Do you still think you’re an heir to the Gray family, Lucian?”

Dax smiled coldly. “Yes. The Gray family is indeed powerful in Vandergrift. The Gray family of Sioux is the best of the best because they had a man like your father but he’s long dead. You’re nothing without him. And you dare threaten me?”

“Oh, you don’t believe me?”
Lucian didn’t hesitate to make the call.

“Enough, Lucian. You’ve made enough of a mess.”
Freya glared at him in displeasure.
She assumed that he’d be much more subdued after being in military service for seven years but it became clear in an instant that he hadn’t changed since graduation. He was just as impulsive as before.
He was rash but he was never someone who would spout nonsense like this.

What happened to the man she had fallen for seven years ago?
Lucian paid her no mind. He had called Liam. “Look up the bidding documents and planning proposals submitted by the Harrison Group. I want results within three minutes!”
With that, he hung up.

“Hahahaha.”
Nadine was the one who laughed the loudest. “Oh, Lucian. Who do you think you are? Let me tell you right now. My husband is a manager at the Infernal Group. Who do you think he’ll give the project to? You’re nothing.”

“Ah, I see. Let’s have him fired too.”
Lucian made another call. “Look up the manager that Nadine Harrison is involved with. Fire him.”

“Hahahahaha.”
The parlor once again resounded with mocking laughter. Everyone believed he had gone insane during his time serving in the army. He saw himself as a big shot. What a crazy bastard.

“Enough, Lucian. Stop embarrassing us.”

Annie and Frank grew anxious. Their place within the group was already at rock bottom. Lucian’s actions might very well get them kicked out of the family.

“Ring ring.”
That was when Nadine’s phone began to ring. It was her husband. Her expression softened until angry roars came through the receiver.
“What the flying f*ck, Nadine? Who the hell did the Harrison family mess with? The Infernal Group just issued a notice stating that they would never cooperate with the Harrison family. I got fired too…”

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 7

The words that came through the receiver shocked everyone present. Everyone turned to stare at Lucian in disbelief. His claims had come true. A single phone call made them lose the project and caused the Infernal Group to shy away from cooperating with the Harrison family.

It was a massive blow to the family.
Dax took the news the hardest. It was as if he had aged in that split second. The Harrisons were a family that hinged on that project to give themselves a boost but that all came crashing down with one phone call.

“What happened, babe?”
Nadine knew what the project meant to the family.

“Don’t ask me.” The anger was palpable throughout the call. “I can barely even defend myself here. I hear the Infernal Group is looking into me. I’ll be put in prison if they find proof of embezzlement.”

Nadine’s husband then hung up. It was likely he was thinking of a way to get out of it.

The silence was palpable in the parlor. Everyone’s attention was now on Lucian. Dax’s hands curled into fists. He began to vent his anger on Frank. “What do you think you’re trying to do here, Frank? What kind of demonstration is this?”

Everyone knew that Frank’s branch of the family ranked low on the food chain ever since Freya had become a cripple. They were often the target of Aaron and Hugo’s branches of the family. What Lucian had done was antagonize the entirety of the Harrison family.

“No, Dad.”
Frank turned to Lucian for an explanation. He was rendered speechless by what Lucian had done. He had claimed to come here to apologize and yet the first thing he did was make a call that cost the Harrison family a precious project.

“What’s going on here?” Dax smacked the table and asked in fury.
All three branches of the family shuddered at the sudden show of wrath. All felt inexplicable fear for him after having been suppressed for years on end. Everyone was too afraid to say a word.

Eleanor got to her feet and jabbed a finger at Frank. “We’ll forget about everything that happened before. You better get Lucian to get us that project or you’ll suffer the consequences.”

Frank and Annie turned to look at Lucian. Even Freya shot him a look. “Get that project back, Lucian. It’s important to the Harrison family.”
Frank and his family were afraid of the Harrisons.

Lucian, however, was not. His smile was cold as he scanned the group.

“Sure, I can give it back if you play nice. Fay and I will be waiting back home. Show us your sincerity. You can forget about getting that project back if we’re not satisfied!”
He wheeled Freya and left the Harrison residence.

It didn’t matter how Freya struggled. She was powerless when she couldn’t move.

Frank and Annie shared a look and trailed after Lucian under the murderous glares from the Harrisons. Staying behind was the same inviting their ire. They’d be eaten alive.

“What are we supposed to do, Grandpa? The project…”

Nadine gritted her teeth. “He says he wants us to play nice. It’s obvious they want us to apologize to them. They’re rebelling.”

Dax was panting for breath.
Frank’s branch had always been nothing but ants to them and yet Lucian’s mere return had put a dent in their plans.

He had beat up Dax’s favorite grandson and caused him to lose his most valued project.

“This is anarchy!”
Dax smacked the table before turning to Aaron. “Investigate how Lucian pulled this off. Fix this! We need this project.”

“Are we not going to apologize to them?”
Aaron seemed hesitant.

“Apologize?”
The look in his eyes was menacing.

“What qualifications do they have for me to bow to them? I finally see their ambitions clear as day. They really think they have power over me. I’ll deal with them once I get that project back.”

Everyone immediately understood.
Dax had no intention of lowering himself to apologize. He intended to get that project back by his own means.

Freya felt fear when they returned to the rented space back in the urban village. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done, Lucian? The Harrisons won’t let us off. Your one phone call made them lose an important project. What if some other company gets ahead of us and gets it instead?

They’ll kill us!”
Frank and Annie sprang into action at her words.

“Are you out of your mind, Lucian?”
Annie looked beyond livid and ready to pummel him into the ground.

“They’ll put the blame on us if they don’t get that project. Dax will kill us all.”

“Why are you so afraid of them, Aunt Annie?”

Lucian sighed. It was clear from a glance that Freya and her parents feared the Harrisons. It wasn’t difficult to understand why after everything that had happened but he was back now. Things were going to change.
He was doing this to make the Harrisons fix their tempers. He was going to show them the consequences of messing with Freya and her family.

“Why wouldn’t we be afraid?”
Frank bellowed. “Annie and I signed a lifelong contract with the Harrison Group. We are to work there for the rest of our lives to afford Fay’s care. They are going to come for us for breach of contract. We’ll die then! Do you understand that?”

“Enough, Mom, Dad.”
Freya stopped Annie from continuing her tirade. “Was what you said back at the Harrison residence true, Lucian? You can give and take away the project as you please?”

“It’s true. This project is firmly in my grasp. It’s yours as long as you come with me to the Infernal Group.”
Lucian nodded and patted his chest with full confidence.

He had come to fully understand that their fears stemmed from the lifelong contract. His goal now was to find a way to rid them of the contract. Otherwise, the family would never be free.

“Sounds like bullsh*t.” Annie was unconvinced.

A demolition project that large required a start-up capital of several million. Countless companies were scrambling for it. How could he, the outcast of the Gray family, possibly be able to take it for himself?

“Alright. I trust you. I’ll go to the Infernal Group with you tomorrow.”
Freya nodded with great indifference.

“But you have to come up with a plan tonight. A casual one will do,” Lucian added after thinking about it.

“I can do that.”
Freya agreed. She wanted to see what connections he had to be able to snag the project so easily.

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 8

Lucian arrived in the rented home early the next morning to pick Freya up and ran into Minnie who was on her way out to school. She shot him a look before leaving with no intention of stopping to speak to him.
It was a normal routine for Minnie to go to school on her own but Lucian, being a worrywart, trailed after her.

He began to speak just as she was about to set foot into school, “I’m taking Mom to get some work done. Wish us luck.”

Disgust surfaced in her icy gaze. “My mother is amazing at running businesses. She doesn’t need you. Even if she succeeds, her success has nothing to do with you.”

Minnie then walked into school.
The teacher by the gate asked, “Is he your father, Minnie?”

“No, I don’t have a father. I don’t need a father,” she answered and disappeared inside.

Lucian happened to catch her words. Guilt washed over him. He knew that what he had done had left a mark on her childhood. Getting her to forgive him was going to take time.
Freya was ready to leave when he returned to the rented home.

“Let’s go.”
Her eyes were much less cold compared to Minnie but the nihilistic look in them was undeniable. She looked like someone who would end her life at any time.

It struck fear into him. What if Freya chose to end it all one day?
He nodded and brought her to the Infernal Group.

She was once just like everyone else, dressed smartly in a suit and working in a towering office building but now she only had a wheelchair as her lifelong companion. The value she brought to her work meant nothing when she couldn’t even stand on her own feet.

The duo had just entered the building when they ran into two familiar faces.
It was Nadine and Felix Harrison.
They were both Freya’s cousins. The Harrison family had exhausted all avenues yesterday to get in contact with the project director of the Infernal Group. They had to fork out thirty percent of the total profit of the project to get the director’s support.
In other words, it meant the project director would receive thirty percent of the overall profit should the Harrison family get it.

The project director could not resist the temptation and was more than ready to hand it off to them. He was just a second-tier family after all. Where else was he going to get such high returns?

“Oh, what are you doing here?” Lucian asked them with a smile.

“To sign the contract obviously. We already have the urban village demolition project.”

Nadine was all smug smiles. “Here I thought you were all-powerful. If you hadn’t reported my husband, I wouldn’t have been able to contact the project director. He’s going to give the project to us. Let’s see you try the same trick again, son of a b*tch.”
Felix shot Freya a hateful look. “Stop talking to them, sis. Grandpa prepared a feast to celebrate back home. Let’s go once the papers are signed. Don’t keep him waiting.”

“Alright, let’s go.”
Nadine nodded and left with her brother.

Freya was gasping for breath in her wheelchair. She asked Lucian. “This is what you mean by having the project in your grasp? My family is done for if they get it back. They are bound by a contract.”

“There’s nothing to worry about, Fay.”
Lucian fell deep into thought. “Let me make a call.”

He carefully wheeled her to a corner and left to make a call. It took him two minutes to return to her side. “Are you okay? Everything’s fixed now. Let’s go to the project director’s office.”
That fast?

She was in disbelief but before she could even ask, they were already at the door. With things as they were now, she had no choice but to bite the bullet and enter the office. Her spirits lowered the moment she caught sight of Nadine about to sign the contract.

They were going to lose everything the moment Nadine’s name was on the papers.

“Hold it…”
Lucian called out. “Mason Bishop, you are not to let them sign that contract.”

Mason Bishop was the director in charge of the demolition project. He frowned when he looked up to see Lucian. “Why not?”
Lucian wheeled Freya into the office.

“I was in contact with the chairman. He’s agreed to hand the project off to Freya. Are you actually going to risk the chairman’s ire if you let her sign that thing? You won’t be able to shoulder the consequences.”

“He’s bragging, Mr. Bishop,” Nadine retorted.

“His name is Lucian Gray. He was disowned by the Gray family. His father was the one who died in the streets. Can a guy like that claim to know the chairman of the Infernal Group? Don’t believe his bullshIt.”

“Ah, I see. The abandoned son.”
A trace of contempt surfaced on his countenance. He signed his name on the contract without saying another word. It was clear from his actions that he wasn’t taking Lucian seriously at all.

Nadine excitedly put the contract away and bowed to thank Mason.

“Thank you for trusting the Harrison family with the project, Mr. Bishop. We’ll make sure to live up to your expectations. My grandfather will drop by to thank you in person soon.”

“Alright. Manage it well. Don’t disappoint me.” Mason waved her off.
Nadine and Felix were elated to finally have the project in hand. Their words were sarcastic as they passed Freya.

“The project is ours now, b*tch. Just wait, Freya. Grandpa hates you for nearly costing us the project. Be good now. We’re coming for you. Hahahaha.”

Freya turned white as a sheet.
Her worst fears had come true.
Causing them to lose the project was far from scary but watching them get it back after losing it was terrifying.
My family is done for!

Losing the project to the Harrisons meant that her family was now in hot water.

“Is there anything else I can help the two of you with?”
Mason looked disgusted. “I still have work to do. Please leave.”

“I said the chairman was going to give the project to Freya and I. Why did you sign that contract with Nadine?” Lucian was dissatisfied.

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 9

“Are you crazy?”
Mason slammed his hand against the table and shot to his feet. “Are you sound in the head? If you have nothing more to say, take this cripple away and get lost. Don’t mess around in my office.”

Lucian was just about to retort when Freya spoke up in disappointment, “Are you done, Lucian? We’re leaving. Just because you aren’t embarrassed doesn’t mean I’m the same.”

Freya was greatly distraught after the incident.

She had held false optimism for him when he returned but two days was all it took for her to realize what a joke this all was. Lucian’s actions had pushed her entire family to the edge.
“Please listen to me, Fay. I was in contact with the chairman. He told me…” Lucian tried to explain to her but fell silent when he noticed the dead look in her eyes.

“You’re dead!”
Lucian glared at Mason and got ready to take his leave.

“You keep saying you contacted the chairman, kid. So, why didn’t the chairman contact me?”

Mason began to curse at Lucian for daring to threaten him. “You’re just the abandoned son of the Gray family. You have no right to speak to me with such disrespect. One minute. Apologize or I’ll see to it that you don’t leave the Infernal Group alive.”

“You’ve got guts, Mason Bishop!”
The door was kicked open. The president Jack Asher rushed into the office with a group of executives in tow. He was horrified to hear Lucian being threatened as he knew he was the true chairman of the Infernal Group.

A mere project manager challenging the chairman of the board? He clearly no longer wanted his job.
“Mr. Asher? What are you doing here?”

Mason shrank back and asked in a panic.

“Are you threatening Mr. Gray?”
Jack was livid as he backhanded Mason so harshly, the man collapsed to the floor. He looked discontent but couldn’t say a word in protest under the murderous gaze.

“My apologies, Mr. Gray. I was late.”
Jack had been notified that he was not to, under any circumstance, reveal Lucian’s true identity as the chairman of the board. He turned Lucian. “The chairman has let us know that this project will be handed to you. Shall we sign the contract?”
Lucian grunted in anger. “And what are we signing? That idiot over there gave it to the Harrison family.”

“What?”
Jack’s expression turned stony as he turned his attention back to Mason. “Did I not say you have to report to me before anything is finalized? Where is the report?”

“I…I’m very sorry, Mr. Asher!”
Mason stuttered nervously and got on his knees.

“You even gave it away to the Harrison family. Do you want to die?”
Veins rippled through his forehead as he slapped Mason harshly till he bled from his nostrils and mouth. Mason begged weakly, “I’m sorry, Mr. Asher. I was the one in the wrong. Please stop hitting me.”

Jack shoved Mason aside and returned to Lucian. “You have nothing to worry about, Mr. Gray. I’ll visit the Harrisons to get the project back. I assure you that it’ll be handed over to you and Ms. Freya.”

Freya’s jaw dropped at the sight. Her tongue was tied. Lucian had been telling the truth all this time.
The chairman was going to give him the project…

“Do it then. Freya and I will be waiting at the Harrison home.”

Lucian nodded and wheeled the dumbfounded Freya out of the Infernal Group.

Mason struggled to his feet and asked fearfully, “When did the chairman agree to give Lucian the project, Mr. Asher? Why didn’t I hear about it.”

Slap! Slap! Slap! Slap!
Jack, in a fit of anger, delivered another four slaps to Mason’s face.

“Let me tell you this right now. Lucian Gray’s might is not something you nor I can challenge. I don’t care who you offend but you do not offend Lucian. He’s capable of bringing Sioux to its knees at any moment.”
Bring Sioux to its knees.

Mason sucked in a breath. He finally felt fear rush over him. Just who was the abandoned son of the Gray family?

“Don’t go blabbing about Lucian if you still want to live,” Jack continued.

“Come with me to the Harrison residence. We need that contract back before they can sign it.”
“Yes, sir.” Mason shuddered.

The Harrison residence was bursting with life as guests from third-tier families milled about for the celebration banquet.

Everyone within the circle of their-tier families received news that the Harrisons won the demolition project and came to congratulate them. It was a given that the Harrison family were going to climb the ranks and join the likes of the second-tier families. It would benefit everyone to establish a good relationship with them.

Dax’s cheeks were rosy with excitement as he greeted the guests.
He now had the bragging rights. The contract was currently placed in the hall. The moment he placed his signature on it, the demolition project worth millions would belong to the Harrison family. These groups of third-tier families would all have to look up to them.

Aaron, Hugo, and their wives stood at the door greeting their distinguished guests. The plentiful gifts had them grinning from ear to ear. The Harrison family’s destinies were going to change.

“What are you doing here?”
That was when Aaron took notice of Lucian wheeling Freya over.

Countless pairs of eyes fixed their gazes on the new arrivals. Everyone was aware that Freya was not on good terms with the rest of her family. Her parents were treated no different from their subordinates and were left to serve and clean the dishes during the celebration. They were miserable.
Frank and Annie were busying themselves in the kitchen when they exploded with anger when they noticed Lucian and Freya.

“Why did that brat bring Freya here?”
Annie squeezed the plate and said with a huff, “It’s all because of him that we’re here right now. All that talk about having the project within grasp. The Harrison family still got it anyway.”

“Not so loud, honey. The Harrisons can hear you.” Frank shushed her.
Annie clenched her fists and ultimately shut her mouth. They were already in dire straits. They’d be even worse off if anyone heard her.
Nadine, as if receiving a sudden epiphany, spoke up, “He must have brought Freya here to apologize, Grandpa. He nearly cost us the project yesterday. Why else would he be here if not to apologize?”

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 10

“Ah… I see.”
Dax nodded. Nadine’s words made sense.

Lucian’s call had lost them the project yesterday. He’d even threaten them to get them to apologize and yet, the Harrisons prevailed through their own means.

Why would Lucian and Freya be here if not to apologize?

They’d be in unfavorable positions otherwise.”

“An apology requires sincerity. Where’s your gift?”
Dax towered over Lucian and turned to ask Freya in a condescending manner, “How about this? Both you and that boy kneel at the gates until the celebration is over. Maybe then I’ll consider forgiving you for your stupidity.”

“Hahahahaha…”
The guests burst into laughter. Wasn’t making a crippled person kneel a little too much?

“Old Mr. Harrison, your granddaughter is completely paralyzed. She can’t kneel.”

“Bend over until the celebration is over.”

Dax snorted coldly. “This is the price for offending me.”
Frank and Annie rushed out of the kitchen with the latter close to tears.

“Please don’t. Frank is your son. Fay is your granddaughter. Please don’t make her do this. I’ll kneel in her place. I’ll stay there for three days if you want.”

Annie got on her knees before the crowd and frantically apologized.

“Mom, stop it…”
Freya’s eyes reddened. Her mother had given up far too much for her sake. She had sold her car, her home and signed her life away just so she could see a doctor. Here she was as a spectacle for the crowd.

Why?
Why do the Harrisons treat us like this?

Tears rolled down her cheeks. Her eyes were cold as she stared at Dax.

“I’m not here to apologize to you, Dax Harrison. I’m here to tell you to watch yourself. That demolition project belongs to me and Lucian, not the Harrison family.”

“Ahahahahaha.”
Thunderous laughter erupted throughout the courtyard. Dax and his family were close to tears from laughing. The contract that was sitting in the main room was as good as signed.

Freya’s words were laughable.
What qualifications did a cripple like her have to be in charge of such a large-scale project?

Nadine laughed coldly. “You’re still daydreaming, Freya? You may have been a business genius in the past but now you’re just a piece of trash who can’t even stand up. Why would the Infernal Group ever give it to you?”

“What did you say?”
Lucian narrowed his eyes. He looked murderous.

“I said, she’s just a piece of trash who can’t even stand up. Am I wrong?”
Slap!

Lucian took a large stride forward and delivered a vicious slap to Nadine. “It seems your parents didn’t teach you any manners. I’ll do it in their stead then.”

The slap knocked Nadine to the floor to which she began to wail. “He hit me! Help me!”

The residence was in an uproar.
Everyone’s jaw dropped as they stared at Lucian. He was bold to hit Nadine out in the open.

“Your arrogance knows no bounds!”
Aaron ran into the kitchen to retrieve a knife with bloodshot eyes. “How dare you?! She’s my precious daughter. Get over here!”

Roxanne Cavoy was also overtaken by anger. “My daughter! I’ll kill you!”
Lucian didn’t care. He kicked them both away as they rushed up to him and growled in anger, “I don’t even berate my wife. What right do you have to do the same?”

The eldest son and his wife were beaten up.

Dax and Eleanor could no longer sit still. The former of which was breathing heavily. “You lawless bastards. All this trouble at the celebration. All of you deserve to die. I declare that Frank, Annie, and Freya are hereby expelled from the family. We will have nothing to do with one another from here on out…”
Both Frank and Annie collapsed to the ground in devastation.

They were finally thrown out of the family.

They would be stuck paying off the debt for having breached their lifelong contract.

Annie collapsed to the floor and began to cry. Her daughter was paralyzed. She and her husband were thrown out of the family. How were they going to survive now?
Damn you, Lucian!

“Oh, how lively.”
A cheerful voice could be heard out the door. Everyone turned to see Jack walking into the residence with a group of executives in tow. Each held a gift in hand. It seemed they were here to congratulate the family.

Jack Asher…
Expressions of envy, jealousy, and hatred appeared on the guests’ faces.

The president of the Infernal Group had come in person bearing gifts. It became apparent that the Harrison family was about to take off.

Dax immediately led Eleanor to welcome him. His anger quickly subsided. How far were the Harrisons going to go with the president of the Infernal Group personally coming to congratulate them?

“Mr. Asher. What brings you here?”
Dax glanced at the gifts in his hands and laughed to himself.
Jack looked at the sobbing Annie and asked with a smile, “Isn’t this a celebration? Why is someone crying here?”

Dax shot a disgusted look at Annie. “Stop crying at my party, you piece of sh*t! Did you not hear me? You’re all expelled from the Harrison family. We have no ties to one another. Get lost!”

“Huh? You’ve expelled Freya from the family?” Jack asked calmly.

Dax nodded. “That’s right. They are not fit to be a part of the Harrison family. It’s just as well that today is our big day. It’s better to cut off all ties with them with everyone present.”

“What goes on in your family has nothing to do with me.”

Jack smirked. “But I came here to tell you that the Infernal Group intends to work with Ms. Freya. Since she’s been driven out of the family, please hand over the contract. I’d like for Ms. Freya to sign it!”

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 11

The astonishing revelation left everyone dumbfounded. The Harrison family’s old residence fell into an absolute hush, where even the slightest pin drop could be heard. All eyes were locked on Jack, their voices trapped in disbelief. Dax, in particular, stood frozen, unable to utter a single word for the longest of time.

Startled by those words, Annie, who had been crying on the ground, quickly sat up. Her eyes were filled with confusion as she questioned herself, “What did he just say?”

As she mulled over the situation, her mind raced with thoughts. “Jack wants to sign a contract with Freya? So, his visit to our house, bringing gifts, wasn’t about the Harrison family after all, but for my daughter?”

“Mr. Asher, you must be joking, right?”
Dax’s panic escalated, and he blurted out, “You clearly agreed to award the project to us, the Harrison family. Why are you reneging on your words now? Moreover, with so many witnesses present, it wouldn’t be appropriate to backtrack, would it?”

“I never said I would award the project to the Harrison family. I specifically mentioned that it would go to Ms. Freya.”

Jack maintained his posture, hands clasped behind his back, as he pressed on, “Considering the public expulsion of Ms. Freya from your family, there is no longer any reason for me to proceed with a contract. You have one minute to return it to me immediately. Otherwise, do not hold me responsible for showing you disrespect.”

They were left utterly stupefied, and their faces contorted into grotesque masks of disbelief. The previously exuberant Harrison family now wore an unsightly veneer, with Dax at the forefront. He had meticulously organized a lavish banquet to showcase his triumph in securing the project for the third-tier families. He had also cast out Freya from the family in front of everyone during the event.

The irony of their humiliation dawned on them—they had brought this upon themselves by securing the project. By banishing Freya from the family, they effectively discarded the project altogether.

Why? How did it end up like this?
Dax’s anger boiled over as he shouted, “Mr. Asher, have you made a mistake? How can someone like Freya, with her disability, be capable of handling this project? You must have made a mistake. I urge you to reconsider carefully. Is this project truly meant for the Harrison family?”

“The chairman himself has given this directive. Are you prepared to go against the chairman of the Infernal Group?”

Jack’s voice dripped with sarcasm as he retorted, “Isn’t it thanks to Ms. Freya’s years of hard work that your esteemed Harrison family even managed to become one of The Three Great Families? But now that she’s disabled, you’ve conveniently expelled her from the family. I’m afraid the Infernal Group has no interest in collaborating with such a family. The chairman holds a high regard for Ms. Freya’s abilities, regardless of her physical condition. As long as the chairman believes in her, that’s all that matters.”

“Mr. Asher…”
“Enough with this nonsense. Bring me the contract right now, or your Harrison family will soon regret it when the Infernal Group takes action against you.”

These words caused Dax to tremble, knowing that the Infernal Group, a powerful state-owned enterprise with the backing of King Vandergrift, considered the Harrison family as insignificant ants, easily crushed.
With a pained look on his face, he motioned for Freya and hurriedly fetched the contract from the living room, handing it over to Jack. The unexpected turn of events had caught him off guard.

“Ms. Freya, would you like to sign the contract now?” Jack stood before Freya, holding the contract, and asked with a smile.

Originally, Freya had intended to turn this project over to the Harrison family, but their recent attitude had left her disheartened. With a heavy nod, she replied, “Mr. Asher, I will sign the contract right now.”

“Okay,” Jack responded promptly, extending the contract to Freya.
However, faced with Freya’s physical limitations, Lucian stepped forward to assist her in this challenging situation. He firmly held her hand, lending her strength, and proceeded to sign Freya’s name on the contract.

“It’s done.”
After reviewing the contract, Jack applauded lightly and addressed Freya, “Ms. Freya, the chairman holds great confidence in your abilities, and he hopes you will successfully oversee this demolition project. The Infernal Group will not be involved in the subsequent phases. The responsibility now rests solely on your shoulders.”

Subsequently, the Infernal Group sent lavish congratulatory gifts of significant value, which stirred up envy among the Harrison family members.

After obtaining the contract, Freya turned to her parents and said, “Mom, Dad, it’s best to not interrupt the Harrison family’s celebratory banquet. We need to go back and discuss the early stages of the demolition project.”

“Ah, okay. Let’s go.”
Frank and Annie acknowledged with a firm nod, quickly gathering the presents and leaving alongside Lucian and Freya.

In that instant, it seemed like a dream to them. They had just been ousted from the Harrison family, and now they had miraculously landed such a massive project. They both pinched their arms, inhaling sharply as they felt the pain. This was no mere reverie. The Infernal Group had indeed bestowed upon them a substantial opportunity.

“Grandpa, should we continue with the banquet?” Nadine asked crestfallenly, her hand still pressed to her cheek.

“What is there left to continue?” Dax’s voice thundered like a raging wild lion. “They’re all worthless trash! That project was stolen right under our noses by that little bitch, Freya. There’s no point in carrying on. Disband this gathering right away. Hurry up, I don’t want to lay eyes on…”

“Gush…” The intensity of Dax’s rage became too much for his body to handle, resulting in him coughing up a mouthful of blood. With his eyes rolling back, he promptly lost consciousness.

“Grandpa has fainted! Someone call 911 immediately!”

Instantly, chaos erupted throughout the entire Harrison family’s old residence.

Witnessing the disarray, the guests swiftly made their exit one by one. Not forgetting the congratulatory gifts they had brought, they had no intention of leaving them behind; given the Harrison family’s current situation, they were not foolish enough to give away their gifts without reason.

In the midst of Sioux, there lay a village, and within a rental house, Freya was seated in a wheelchair, gazing at the contract in a state of bewilderment. It was difficult for her to fathom the reality before her. She had once resolved to embrace death, but now, with a monumental project unexpectedly bestowed upon her, a glimmer of hope for survival ignited within her.

A business prodigy at heart, she harbored an ardent desire to showcase her prowess in the corporate world. However, following her paralysis, she found herself abandoned by the business community. Now, an opportunity had presented itself, offering her a path to reclaim what was lost. Eager to reignite her entrepreneurial spirit, she resolved to give it a shot.

“Hey Fay, why the long face? This is great news,” Frank and Annie approached Freya, expressing their confusion about her sadness.
“Dad, Mom, do you believe I have what it takes to accomplish this and succeed?” Freya’s eyes revealed a hint of uncertainty as she voiced her question.

“Of course! My daughter is capable of great things,” Annie praised with conviction, holding Freya close. She comforted, “Fay, don’t worry. Your dad, Minnie, and I will always be here, standing as your biggest champions.”

“And me! Let’s not forget about me!” Lucian enthusiastically raised his arms and chimed in with a smile. “I can be there for Fay at all times too.”

“Tsk. There isn’t much you can contribute, aside from pushing the wheelchair. It’s still my daughter who will handle the project,” Annie remarked, casting a disapproving glance at Lucian, showing no regard for his opinion.

“I know, I understand. I’m content with simply pushing the wheelchair. I’ll take good care of Freya. You can trust me, Uncle Frank and Aunt Annie,” Lucian affirmed as he held a cucumber in his hand, took a determined bite, and nodded.

A sudden realization struck Frank, prompting him to grab the contract and direct his inquiry to Freya. “Fey, this contract was initially in the hands of the Harrison family. How did it end up back with you? What happened?”
Upon hearing the question, Freya swiftly turned her gaze towards Lucian, who was engrossed in eating his cucumber. “It was Lucian…”

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Chapter 12

It was Lucian.
Frank and Annie looked back at Lucian at the same time with a hint of shock on their faces. It was beyond their imagination that it was Lucian’s influence that led Jack to personally endorse the contract with Freya.

They found it utterly implausible.
The fact that Lucian had recently returned from military service and held an outcast status within the Gray family made his achievement all the more implausible. Without substantial wealth or influential connections, the question lingered as to how he could secure the president of the Infernal Group’s personal presence to sign the contract.
Sensing that something was awry, Annie couldn’t help but inquire,

“Lucian, how on earth did you manage this?”

With the spotlight now on Lucian, both Freya and Frank directed their unwavering attention toward him.

They both wanted to know why, especially Freya. She realized she was only able to get this project because Lucian had been pulling strings for her.

Although her competence was evident to all, there were numerous individuals who surpassed her in capability. This raised the pressing question: Why did the chairman of the Infernal Group choose her out of all people?

After a brief moment of hesitation, Lucian finally said, “In truth, I am the Infernal War God in Nordfren. Naturally, this information is highly classified and must not be divulged. Any leakage could lead to a significant crisis in Vandergrift, so utmost secrecy is imperative.”

Upon hearing the revelation of Lucian being the Infernal War God, the trio was overwhelmed with a sense of helplessness. They had never anticipated such a statement from Lucian.

The Infernal War God held immense authority in both realms of politics and beyond, overseeing millions of soldiers and commanding tens of thousands of men under his banner.
Annie’s impatience was evident as her face darkened, and she exclaimed, “Stop kidding us! Now, tell us quickly, how did this happen?”

Freya and Frank clearly shared the same skepticism. If Lucian indeed was the Infernal War God, how could he possibly find time to indulge in domestic life with them? They adamantly dismissed Lucian’s claims as utter nonsense; they could not believe it.

Observing their disbelief, Lucian flashed an awkward smile and remarked, “I was only pulling your leg. Consider this: despite being expelled from the Gray family, my surname remains Gray. Moreover, my father held considerable power in the past, so he must have had influential connections. I simply utilized those connections to reach out to the chairman of the Infernal Group, sharing Fey’s past accomplishments. Little did I anticipate the chairman’s admiration for Fey’s abilities.”

“So, that’s the case,” said Annie as she acknowledged Lucian’s words with a slight nod, choosing to believe him. She remarked, “So, to simplify, Fay earned this contract through her own competence, and the chairman recognized her abilities. Your involvement played no part in it. Understood?”

Lucian nodded slightly and responded, “I understand, Auntie Annie.”

“Mom, you can’t frame it like that. Without Lucian’s help, the chairman would have never recognized me,” Freya stated, casting a glance at Lucian.

Frank, who had been observing from the sidelines, remarked, “Certainly if the Gray family can tap into their network to garner favor from the chairman of the Infernal Group, it would be advantageous. Considering the Gray family’s upcoming listing on the stock market, their success would elevate them to one of Sioux’s three great families. Undoubtedly, they possess considerable prestige.”
The Gray family is preparing for a stock market listing?

Lucian was genuinely unaware of this development. Being by Freya’s side since his return, he hadn’t had the opportunity to visit the Gray family. Given the current state of affairs, he knew he needed to take action soon.
They actually wanted to secure a listing on the stock market? It is an impossible feat beyond their reach!
The glimmer in Lucian’s eyes turned ominous, with a surge of menacing intent coursing through him. He believed that the time had come to engage in a calculated dance with the Gray family.

Over the following days, Lucian and Freya immersed themselves in their work, as the project entailed the demolition of a village within the city. They needed to have preliminary discussions with the villagers about the impending demolition. Interestingly enough, the village slated for destruction happened to be the very one where Freya and her family resided.

Having resided in this village for five years, Freya and her family had established close relationships with their neighbors, making it effortless to engage in discussions with them about the impending demolition. Moreover, the compensation offered by the Infernal Group for the demolition was remarkably fair, creating a sense of anticipation among the villagers for this development.

Nevertheless, based on Freya’s assessment, the demolition of this sizable village would demand an initial cost exceeding ten million dollars, a sum that Freya herself had to provide upfront. Only when the project advanced to the subsequent stage would the Infernal Group contribute a portion of the funds.
This situation troubled Freya deeply, as her family’s savings amounted to no more than twenty thousand dollars. Producing over ten million dollars seemed an insurmountable task. It became clear to Freya that she couldn’t manage this project alone. Consequently, she resolved to establish her own company and seek investors to aid in accomplishing the project.

Lucian asked, “Fay, are you seriously thinking about starting a company and looking for investors?”
With a resolute nod, Freya’s gaze turned remarkably steadfast as she firmly stated, “That’s right. I must establish a company and rally investors; otherwise, with my current status, I wouldn’t be able to complete this project.”

“Very well, I wholeheartedly support you!” Lucian nodded emphatically. At that moment, he discerned a newfound determination in Freya’s eyes, replacing the despair that had plagued her in recent days. It brought him a sense of relief. However, he also recognized the importance of finding a way to heal Freya.

Complete paralysis was an unwarranted affliction for Freya, as she still had a promising future. Condemning her to a wheelchair for the rest of her days would be an excessively harsh fate.

With immediate and unwavering determination, Freya embarked on registering her new company, accompanied by Lucian. Within a mere two days, the company was successfully established under the name “Skyline Realty.” Situated in a modest office building spanning just over 200 square feet, it may not have been grand in size, but it brought immense joy to Freya. This marked her first significant stride in seven years, filling her with a profound sense of accomplishment.

The family of three convened, feeling overwhelmed by their financial predicament. Failure to commence the demolition as scheduled would result in a contract breach, leading to the project being revoked and a required reimbursement for violating the terms of the agreement.

“Leave it to me. I’ll take care of finding investors.” Freya paused for a moment, her gaze turning toward Lucian, before speaking up again.

“Over the next few days, I need you to accompany me. We have to resolve this investment matter within a week. Otherwise, if the project fails to commence by then, the chairman will begin to question my competence.”

Should Freya fail to complete the demolition within the allotted fortnight, it would serve as a testament to her lackluster abilities. Infernal Group would undoubtedly question her competence and may even rescind the project. Such a setback would certainly tarnish her standing within the industry and pose a significant obstacle to future collaborations with major corporations.

The project was a huge chance for Freya to prove her worth, so she had to finish it successfully under any circumstances.

“You can count on me. I’ll be there with you every step of the way,” Lucian nodded earnestly, his expression serious.

That evening, with Lucian’s help, Freya meticulously drafted a comprehensive business plan. Early the following morning, they set out to seek investors in Sioux, with Lucian solely focused on pushing Freya’s wheelchair while she took charge of securing the investors.

For now, it’s good for Freya to handle her first obstacles by herself. I can always lend a hand later if she has trouble getting an investor.
During their efforts to attract investors, Freya and Lucian faced challenges due to the relatively small scale of Skyline Realty and its limited registered capital. Despite the immense scope of the demolition project, many companies were hesitant to invest, suspicious of the intentions of Skyline Realty—whose office space measured a meager 200 square feet—and uneasy about the fact that its founder, Freya, was a person with disabilities.

With an unwavering determination, Freya persevered, tirelessly canvassing one company after another. In a city as vast as Sioux, she refused to concede defeat, steadfast in her belief that a company would eventually recognize her potential and invest in her. For Freya, the key to overcoming any obstacle lay in the power of one’s own will and determination, coupled with diligent effort.

Meanwhile, at the Harrison family’s old residence, a dispirited assembly of family members occupied the living room, their countenances marked by somberness and an oppressive ambiance of despair.
After Dax’s release from the hospital, he received the news that Freya had indeed taken on the project and was managing it independently. Not only had she established Skyline Realty, but she had also partnered with Lucian in a determined quest to secure investors. This information incensed Dax, fueling a deep-seated rage that felt as if his lungs were on the brink of bursting.

“I am truly shocked. I never anticipated this turn of events.”
A fierce expression contorted Dax’s face as he remarked, “That despicable woman is undeniably ambitious. Despite her physical limitations, she still aspires to establish a business. If she manages to secure an investor and the project comes to fruition, it would mean that the Harrison family’s plan has completely collapsed.”

With a serious expression, Aaron Harrison, the eldest son, addressed his father, “Dad, based on my investigation over the past few days, I have uncovered something of utmost significance.”

Donations

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$300.00
Back
Top Bottom