Morals and Ethics, how are they different?

Muhindi Wa Kuchoma

Platinum Villager
Reaction score
Hi!
Please enlighten me on this subject matter: Morals and Ethics, how are they different?

This is difficult but I'll give it a try which may be grossly wrong.

Morals is more of a believe or value followed in certain community. Since it is part of a believe, it can be different from culture to culture. For example, something of a high morals in one culture may not be seen significant in another culture, normally separated by countries or continents.

While on another hand, ethics is more universal in that it quite consistent across cultures. This is because ethics is more of an individual behaviour dealing in professional side of life.

So morals is more of a collective spiritual belief while ethics is more into individual way of acting. 😅

This is difficult but I'll give it a try which may be grossly wrong.

Morals is more of a believe or value followed in certain community. Since it is part of a believe, it can be different from culture to culture. For example, something of a high morals in one culture may not be seen significant in another culture, normally separated by countries or continents.

While on another hand, ethics is more universal in that it quite consistent across cultures. This is because ethics is more of an individual behaviour dealing in professional side of life.

So morals is more of a collective spiritual belief while ethics is more into individual way of acting. 😅
Same goes to me.

Hi!
Please enlighten me on this subject matter: Morals and Ethics, how are they different?
Let me also give it a try
Morals I hope is the way how one handles himself in public or community
And ethics is the feeling of how one strongly believes in or something according to their judgement or attachment

This is difficult for me the more I think about it, they fall under the same category. This is no different from the argument of complete and finish. Use these words in different context have different meaning, but some context bring them to the same meaning or conclusion.

Back