Religions. The Similarities and Differences between the the World's most popular Religions. Why do we Have Religions?

Bladeheart Ronin

Shogun - Samurai
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I come from a Christian country, thus a Christian background but an open mind. After studying Christianity from various angles I have found it to be quite misleading especially the history.
If Christianity derived from Judaism wouldn't that make Judaism the true religion?

After reading materials published by Richard Leigh and Michael Baigent you find out some of the deepest darkest secrets of Christianity or the Cult of Jesus Christ.

I now am interested in Budism, Hinduism and Taoism which I am currently studying...

Although different Religions we may come from, they all have something in common. You have to believe in something. You gotta have faith.

Then there's the question of Noetic Science, a new branch of science that defines belief and sees faith as a force.

Is Religion a pathway to Ascension long lost to man or is it a way to control your willpower doing extraordinary deeds that can only be explained as miracles or both?

Feel free to post anything on Religions, any Religion

Solution
What about Hinduism and Buddhism.
What's the difference between the two?
Which country/ region does it belong to?
Can the Supreme Grandmaster Lu Dustin care to comment?
I didn’t know about this thread. I found it just now !

I was born with my parents having 2 different beliefs. My father is a Hindu and Mum is a Buddhist. So, I have good exposure to both religions.

It was only in 2010, I started reading scriptures. I wanted to understand all religions at that time. So, I read Bible (KJV-66 books, 39 OT and 27 NT books) because these 66 books will be common to all Denominations of Christianity. Later on I read additional 7 books of OT that makes 73 books of Catholics. Then I read remaining 8 books of OT with total 81 books of...
Why would we believe those who said Jusaism started first? Who could coke with a proof?

Christianity and Judaism true they share same similarities. Perhaps these people share similar forefathers. But I can not claim which started first. The history is made up of so many lies. .

Christianity is religion based on Love. I don't know about other religion so I can say nothing about them. But I could say more on Christianity.

Love thy neighbours, Love your God and Love oneself.

IGM Junlee what are your opinions?

Hi everyone, I come from a Christian country, thus a Christian background but an open mind. After studying Christianity from various angles I have found it to be quite misleading especially the history.
If Christianity derived from Judaism wouldn't that make Judaism the true religion?

After reading materials published by Richard Leigh and Michael Baigent you find out some of the deepest darkest secrets of Christianity or the Cult of Jesus Christ.

I now am interested in Budism, Hinduism and Taoism which I am currently studying...

Although different Religions we may come from, they all have something in common. You have to believe in something. You gotta have faith.

Then there's the question of Noetic Science, a new branch of science that defines belief and sees faith as a force.

Is Religion a pathway to Ascension long lost to man or is it a way to control your willpower doing extraordinary deeds that can only be explained as miracles or both?

I try to really be careful with topics like this as i dont want to hurt beliefs and faiths. And also i am not after arguments,i like to respect differing beliefs. But Christianity is centred on Christ, which is the fulfilment of Judaism's prophecies. The only difference is that Judaism stopped in the old testament while Christianity embraced both the old and new testaments. Judaism won't accept Jesus as the promised Messiah because they are expecting their saviour to be coming like a king.. Jesus was born far from that kingly birth they were expecting, He was born on a manger.

I understand your predicament that because of the "Christian" groups in the recent history has made a real bad name to the real Christian belief. Jesus knew its gonna happen and he gave warning about it that we should not be misled by this people using Christ name on one hand and sword on another. But in all beliefs and religions out there, i don't know if there is anyone who has risen from dead as Jesus did.

Disclaimer: i dont believe in religion. I don't have one... But i don't say having one is wrong. I only believe in relationship. I have faith and relationship with my God, but not religion.

I try to really be careful with topics like this as i dont want to hurt beliefs and faiths. And also i am not after arguments,i like to respect differing beliefs. But Christianity is centred on Christ, which is the fulfilment of Judaism's prophecies. The only difference is that Judaism stopped in the old testament while Christianity embraced both the old and new testaments. Judaism won't accept Jesus as the promised Messiah because they are expecting their saviour to be coming like a king.. Jesus was born far from that kingly birth they were expecting, He was born on a manger.

I understand your predicament that because of the "Christian" groups in the recent history has made a real bad name to the real Christian belief. Jesus knew its gonna happen and he gave warning about it that we should not be misled by this people using Christ name on one hand and sword on another. But in all beliefs and religions out there, i don't know if there is anyone who has risen from dead as Jesus did.

Disclaimer: i dont believe in religion. I don't have one... But i don't say having one is wrong. I only believe in relationship. I have faith and relationship, but not religion.
In Kijiji there is freedom of speech. We can say anything we feel is right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Every voice in Kijiji matters. .

Disclaimer: i dont believe in religion. I don't have one... But i don't say having one is wrong. I only believe in relationship. I have faith and relationship, but not religion.
Strongly Agreed...

Why would we believe those who said Jusaism started first? Who could coke with a proof?

Christianity and Judaism true they share same similarities. Perhaps these people share similar forefathers. But I can not claim which started first. The history is made up of so many lies. .
Judaism is as old as the bible itself, especially the old testament.
Christianity started during the Roman Occupation of Judea and is basically a Roman Religion basing it's belief on the teachings of Jesus the Christ.

Christianity is religion based on Love. I don't know about other religion so I can say nothing about them. But I could say more on Christianity.

Love thy neighbours, Love your God and Love oneself.

IGM Junlee what are your opinions?
Jesus is a prophet of Judaism fulfilling prophecies of Judaism.
It was only after his death that Christianity came into existence.
Christianity was Introduced in Rome by Emperor Constantine in an attempt to unify Rome under one religion and one God, as there were many Gods in Rome at that time, and later spread to Judea. So obviously Judaism was there first along and parallel with Islam.

Facts > Faith

I didn’t know about this thread. I found it just now !

I was born with my parents having 2 different beliefs. My father is a Hindu and Mum is a Buddhist. So, I have good exposure to both religions.

It was only in 2010, I started reading scriptures. I wanted to understand all religions at that time. So, I read Bible (KJV-66 books, 39 OT and 27 NT books) because these 66 books will be common to all Denominations of Christianity. Later on I read additional 7 books of OT that makes 73 books of Catholics. Then I read remaining 8 books of OT with total 81 books of Orthodox Bible. I read about non -canonical gospel like Gospel of Barnabas too.

Since 2012 - I started reading Qur’an, Tafseers, Hadith (Sahih grade and some Hassan and Hussein grades), , Seerat of Prophet Mohamed, Islamic History. So, I came to know about Islam through those scriptures.

Since Childhood, I have read scriptures of Hinduism and Buddhism. I have read a little bit about Zoroastrianism, Bahaism, Sikhism, Jainism, Taoism, Confucianism and Shintoism. So, basically I can be considered a reader of comparative religions.

Among these religion, Buddhism has no God at all and this is 4th largest religion in the world with 535 million adherents. Buddhism is all about 4 noble truths, 8 noble paths, dukha (suffering), impermanence, shunyata (emptiness, voidness, nothingness), selflessness. The final goal in Buddhism is attaining Nirvana (Ultimate liberation) from Dukha (suffering). Buddhists are spread all over the world and famous Zen meditation, Bipasana Meditations came from Buddhism. Even Shaolin Martial Arts are derivative of Buddhism. Buddhists are found mainly in Thailand, Combodia, Myanmar, Srilanka, China, India, Nepal, Korea, Japan etc.

Buddhism believe that wherever you exist- Earth, Hell or Heaven… you will have suffering. The source of suffering arises from “attachment /Clinging”. Suffering has to be understood in broad sense in Buddhism.

1. Birth is duḥkha, maturation is duhkha, aging is duḥkha, illness is duḥkha, death is duḥkha;
  2. Sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief, and despair are duḥkha;
  3. Association with the unbeloved is duḥkha; separation from the loved is duḥkha;
  4. Not getting what is wanted is duḥkha
So, in Buddhism the last goal is Nirvana (ultimate liberation). That means non existence. You cease to exist in Heaven /Hell/Earth or any other places in this Universe /Multiverse. Because In Buddhism, Heaven/hell etc are all temporary. Wherever you are, after a certain period of time you are born (reincarnated) again and the “Dukha” continues.

Hinduism - I don’t consider this as a single religion. I would consider it as a conglomerate of various beliefs, religions and practices prevalent in Indian subcontinent prior to arrival of Buddhism (563 BCE). So in Hinduism you will find Monotheism, Pantheism, Polytheism, Hedonism, Atheism, Agnosticism and the list goes on.
However, the central books like Vedas, Upanishads and Bhagvat Geeta testify to Monotheism.

There is this supreme almighty called Parabrahman/Paramatman who is both nirguna (without physical attributes) and who can be saguna (withphysical attributes). That means saguna form can come as incarnations of this single Almighty God to the Earth from time to time for the welfare and salvation of Humanity.

You will be surprised there is story of Deluge (massive flooding of Earth) and King Manu saved the human kind and entire creation by carrying them in Ark. Similar to story of Noah from (Judaism, Christianity and Islam). But gues what, these were written way before Bible was written. Sometime, I think these stories might have travelled from one country to other or it might have been a true event because these stories are found in all of the major religions.

Any Hindu will desire to go heaven because that concept exists in this religion too but the ultimate goal in Hinduism is Moksha (True liberation) which means being unified with the ultimate soul, I.e. The Almighty also known as Paramatman. I m sure 90% of Hindus don’t read scriptures and they will worship whatever they want from Sun, Moon, Fire, River, Statues etc. Because most of these people believe that God exists in every atoms, subatomic particles, energy forms and he permeates the entire Universe and beyond.

Currently Hindus have around 1.2 billion adherents and they are in majority in 3 countries. India, Nepal and Mauritius. They are scattered all over the Earth. You can see Hindu Temples in the USA, UK, South Africa, Tanzania, Europe and even in Gulf countries like Oman, UAE. Recently Indian PM went to inaugurate a grand temple in UAE.

The best gift of Hinduism to the world is Yoga. It’s a science and art of healthy way of living. The best gift of both Hinduism and Buddhism is meditation methods. That is profoundly helpful for relaxation, spiritual healing and awakening. I like to call it mind engineering. Those meditation are quite helpful to cure various mental ailments related to stress related, neurotic and somatoform disorders. Yoga and meditation have now surpassed boundaries of religion. It’s taught and practiced by people of all faiths and even atheists around the world.

There is concept of Universal Brotherhood in Hinduism. No matter you are an atheist, Christian , Buddhist or Muslim .. if you are a human being, you are in brotherhood of Hindus. They say “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” That means - Whole world is a family.

I have tried to answer your question here in shortest possible way.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks Brother. I think I'll go down this road.
It might be interesting for you because Islam views Jesus in a different way.

1. Muslims believe that Jesus never died.

Qur’an 4:157

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it.

2. Muslims believe that Jesus was messenger of Allah who came with book called Injeel (Evangel). Injeel means sayings of Jesus (not the entire bible). Because Bible have more than 40 different authors.

Qur’an 4:171

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him.

3. Muslim believe in pure Monotheism like Judaism. That means Jesus can’t be God because God is indivisible.

Qur’an 112:1

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “He is Allah—One ˹and Indivisible˺

4. The word Trinity does not exist in Bible but it exists in Qur’an. Quran says “Don’t utter the word trinity”.

Qur’an 5:73

Those who say, “Allah is one in a Trinity,” have certainly fallen into disbelief. There is only One God. If they do not stop saying this, those who disbelieve among them will be afflicted with a painful punishment

Last edited:
I said Hinduism is aggregate of various beliefs, faith and practices in Indian subcontinent. Some were worshipping Nature (Sun, Earth, Fire, Moon, River, Mountains. Shine were worshipping Rama, Krishna, Ganesha, Shiva, Vishnu, Shakti, Durga etc.

So, there came an umbrella scripture which said that God is one and there are various incarnations of God in the form of Vishnu avatars, Rudra avatars, Durga avatars etc. One of the God’s manifestation is called Brahma (the creator). Through him various beings came in existence like human, ghosts, demons, danav, daitya, rakshasa, Asur, naga, pisach, devas, gandharba etc.

Eventually, they even incorporated Buddha in Hinduism saying Buddha is a God incarnate. There is separate religion called Buddhism based on the teachings of Buddha but Hindus don’t care about Buddhism. They just worship him as one of the God incarnate.

I think If Moses, Jesus and Mohammed were born in India, probably they would also be considered God incarnates similar to Buddha and they would be worshipped same like other Hindu deities.

Personally, I don’t identify myself with any religion but I like to benifit myself from Yoga and meditation for healthy mind and body. Deep down ! I see a need for an eternal creator (who is uncreated) to create the Universe/Multiverse but since all the books have several errors in their verses and chapters when it’s compared to modern science, I don’t adhere to any religion. My version of God is all knowing, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. So if he sends his word in the form of book as a guide to humanity, that book can’t contain any scientific errors.

Last edited:
I said Hinduism is aggregate of various beliefs, faith and practices in Indian subcontinent. Some were worshipping Nature (Sun, Earth, Fire, Moon, River, Mountains. Shine were worshipping Rama, Krishna, Ganesha, Shiva, Vishnu, Shakti, Durga etc.

So, there came an umbrella scripture which said that God is one and there are various incarnations of God in the form of Vishnu avatars, Rudra avatars, Durga avatars etc. One of the God’s manifestation is called Brahma (the creator). Through him various beings came in existence like human, ghosts, demons, danav, daitya, rakshasa, Asur, naga, pisach, devas, gandharba etc.

Eventually, they even incorporated Buddha in Hinduism saying Buddha is a God incarnate. There is separate religion called Buddhism based on the teachings of Buddha but Hindus don’t care about Buddhism. They just worship him as one of the God incarnate.

I think If Moses, Jesus and Mohammed were born in India, probably they would also be considered God incarnates similar to Buddha and they would be worshipped same like other Hindu deities.

Personally, I don’t identify myself with any religion but I like to benifit myself from Yoga and meditation for healthy mind and body. Deep down ! I see a need for an eternal creator (who is uncreated) to create the Universe/Multiverse but since all the books have several errors in their verses and chapters when it’s compared to modern science, I don’t adhere to any religion. My version of God is all knowing, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. So if he sends his word in the form of book as a guide to humanity, that book can’t contain any scientific errors.
Various religion in the world seems to either have copied from each other or share same origin. The concept of trinity goes beyong Catholic. Even in some ancient Syria text found speaking about trinity.

Christianity and Islam have copies most from Judaism. Judaism seems to be older than these two, however I have no knowledge on Hinduism or Buddhism.

One thing I can say with certenity. Islam is only religion enemies with every religion

Islam enemy with Hindus evident in India...

Islam enemy with Judaism, evident in Israel...

Islam enemy with Budhism, evident in Myanmar...

Islam enemy with Christianity, evident in Nigeria...

You can go in other countries and find Islam with priorities and freedom to religion. However same would not be spoken in Muslim countries. Other religions has suffered and followers attacked or violated in so mamy ways.

Christianity teaches mostly about Love ❤️. I am not saying Christianity is the perfect religion in the world. We have seen many people starting congregation with fake preaching. Yet they all preach about love of one another. No need to kill others or forcefully attack others. .

Just my opinion, I have no hate over any religion.

Various religion in the world seems to either have copied from each other or share same origin. The concept of trinity goes beyong Catholic. Even in some ancient Syria text found speaking about trinity.

Christianity and Islam have copies most from Judaism. Judaism seems to be older than these two, however I have no knowledge on Hinduism or Buddhism.
Obviously, Judaism is Older than Christianity. Judaism started with Moses and his teachings who was born around 1500 yrs prior to Jesus.

Bible OT’s first 5 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) is exactly the same chapters of book called Torah. Torah is the book of Judaism. These 5 chapters are called Pentateuch of Hebrew Bible. Hebrew Bible means Old Testament of Christian Bible.

Christianity started with teachings of Jesus. You won’t find the word Christianity inside Bible. Concept of Trinity started after the death of Jesus, that’s why this word does not exist inside Bible.

The first recorded use of “Trinity”, Greek word in Christian theology was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170 AD.

He did not speak about the Trinity of God. He wrote: "In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [Τριάδος], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom.

About a century later, in 325 AD, the First Council of Nicaea established the doctrine of the Trinity as orthodoxy and adopted the Nicene Creed that described Christ as "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance (homoousios) with the Father."

That means the word Trinity (meaning triune God) started 325 years after the death of Jesus.

Much of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) were assembled in the 5th century BCE. The New Testament books were composed largely in the second half of the 1st century CE.

Last edited:
I was born in a Christian family and became a Christian, until now I have learned many things and I have witnessed many things happening in my life through Christ Jesus, so I cannot look for another faith other than this one where I find, love, peace, hope, and life.

This is going to be a long post- You can read when you are not satisfied with 2 chapters of Dustin’s story.

You can read if you are interested to know my perspective on Muslims and Israel- Palestine situation.

All the things I’ve written here can be backed up with references and relevant literatures. So, all I m writing down here are the inferences drawn from various authentic references.

When Muslims gather in a certain number in any country, they want separate laws for themselves allowing them to marry 4 wives, allowing them to marry a minor (15-16 yrs girls) and right to wear Hijab etc. These Islamic laws are called Shari’a laws.
Now Muslims have started asking for Shari’a laws in France, Germany and various European countries.

Muslims of Gulf countries in modern days are very peaceful. In the past, Muslims from Middle East had co-existed with Jews everywhere. Damascus, Baghdad, Mecca, Jerusalem etc.

Prior to Jew’s immigration to Europe, Jews were spread all over the middle eastern major cities. They were successful businessmen and entrepreneurs in Muslim ruled cities.

Radicalization of Islam happened more recently. Not all Muslims are radical but groups like Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Hamas, Hezboullah, Al Qaida, Laskar -e- Taiba, Talibans etc are radical Muslims for sure. Certain Radical Muslim group exist in Pakistan too.

In the past, people of different faith had to pay protection money (Tax) which was called Jizya in Islamic Caliphates, Empires and Sultanates. So many, poor people of different faith converted to Islam just to avoid these tax.

However there are history of aggression and hostilities from Israelites as well as crusaders in the past ! Crusader Christian’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves massacred so many Jews and Muslims in an attempt to capture Jerusalem and establish Christian Kingdom. There was a Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem for almost 200 years. It lasted for almost two hundred years, from the accession of Godfrey of Bouillon in 1099 until the fall of Acre in 1291. Its history is divided into two periods with a brief interruption in its existence, beginning with its collapse after the siege of Jerusalem in 1187 and its restoration after the Third Crusade in 1192.

During that time, they banished Jews and Muslims out of that land. Later on, they were defeated by Muslim General named Salahuddin in decisive “Battle of Hattin”. Salahuddin allowed Christian crusaders to withdraw without bloody violence. Then he established Muslim sultanate in that region which continued till the end of Ottoman Empire. After the Ottoman Caliphate collapsed, The present day (Israel +Palestine ) which was called Mandatory Palestine went under the control of British in 1920.

Mandatory Palestine lasted for 27 years till Zionists wanted to create a Jewish state in the holy land. (Jerusalem). After the defeat of Nazi Hitler and aftermath of Holocaust, British allowed Zionists to establish a state inside Mandatory Palestine and divided the region into two parts. Israel and Palestine. But state of Israel has expanded its borders since 1947 and occupied lands as far as Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, Golan Heights of Syria and some regions of Lebanon. Now the area of Palestine has almost vanished.

Till 1946, very few Jews were living there along with Muslims. Jews were all spread over Damascus, Baghdad, Medina, Mecca and Europe. After Holocaust, when Jewish state was established in Mandatory Palestine, Jews started to flock in there. In the process of establishing a Jewish state, , the previous occupants Arab Philistines had to be displaced from the region. In this process around 20 million Arabs have become refugees and went to neighboring countries like Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.

Arab Philistines refused to recognize the Jewish state and backed by neighboring countries like Egypt, Syria, Lebanon … they attacked Israel. Israel then determined to defend its newly established State retaliated back with the support of Europe and the USA. They successfully defeated Arab nations and they infiltrated inside Palestine and reached as far as Sinai (Egypt), Goalan Heights (Syria).

Now the problem is Israel will never go back to the borders of 1947. It will not even go back to the borders of 1967 when Green line of Armistice was established. It will continue to occupy Palestinian lands more and more till the entire Jerusalem is captured.

Oslo Peace accord (1993) was signed between Israel and Palestinian leader Yaser Arafat which was supposed to establish Palestine as a country, withdrawal of Israel troops from West Bank and Gaza strips. Palestine state establishment has never happened officially. Palestine is still not a sovereign country in the UN because a group named Hamas was not happy with the borders of 1993. They wanted entire Manadatory Palestine as a single country. They do not recognize Israel.

Since Palestine has almost disappeared from the Map, Hamas appeared among the desperate people of Palestine and they started “Intifada” against Israel. They became offensive against Israel. They attack with rockets into Israel from time to time. But this gives pretext to Israel to capture more and more lands of Palestine , Cut off their food, water, medicines and supplies in the name of self defense. So, problem between Israel and Palestine is a religio-political and religio-ethnic in nature. See the disappearing Palestine in the attached Map below.

Jerusalem is holy land for Jews because şoför Jews their first temple was established by Solomon here. Most of the prophets of Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) are Jewish prophets. They were born here or they were active here.

Jerusalem is mostly important to Christianity because Jesus was brought here occasionally as a child, preached to the poor in his adult life, crucified at the end of his life and resurrected by the God.

This place is equally important to Muslims because they consider all the prophets of Old Testament including Jesus Christ as Muslim Prophets. Since all of these prophets passed important portion of their life here, this place becomes very important to them. On top of that, during the night of (Miraj), Mohammed was transported to Jerusalem ( Mosque Al Aqsa) from Ka’aba of Mecca. From Al Aqsa, Mohamed was transported to the sky (heaven). That’s why After Mecca and Medina, Jerusalem becomes the 3rd holiest city for Muslim. So, Philtistine Arabs won’t give up Jerusalem that easily.

One thing I have observed is - When Hindus, Buddhists, Christians immigrate to other countries, they abide by the laws of that country. None of them demand a provision for separate laws of based on their scriptures. However, the difference with Muslims is when they immigrate to a new country and as they gather in significant number they want provision of separate laws called Shari’a law. This law is based on their holy book Qur’an, rulings of their Prophet and 1st two generations of Islamic authorities after the death of Mohamed. This is the major reason that caused discord of Muslims with other communities. Now they have started demanding Shari’ah in European nations. Soon they will demand this in Canada, USA and Australia too !

Attachments

• IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

What are your thoughts on noetic science?
Can it (noetic science) explain the concept of belief and faith?

Sorry for questions, I just can't help it.

Living among people who don't share your views makes it quite challenging to actually share your views. Thanks to Kijiji Forums we can now share our views and also discuss certain sensitive matters that can't be discussed normally without being labeled "False Prophet."

Obviously, Judaism is Older than Christianity. Judaism started with Moses and his teachings who was born around 1500 yrs prior to Jesus.

Bible OT’s first 5 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) is exactly the same chapters of book called Torah. Torah is the book of Judaism. These 5 chapters are called Pentateuch of Hebrew Bible. Hebrew Bible means Old Testament of Christian Bible.

Christianity started with teachings of Jesus. You won’t find the word Christianity inside Bible. Concept of Trinity started after the death of Jesus, that’s why this word does not exist inside Bible.

The first recorded use of “Trinity”, Greek word in Christian theology was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170 AD.

He did not speak about the Trinity of God. He wrote: "In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [Τριάδος], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom.

About a century later, in 325 AD, the First Council of Nicaea established the doctrine of the Trinity as orthodoxy and adopted the Nicene Creed that described Christ as "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance (homoousios) with the Father."

That means the word Trinity (meaning triune God) started 325 years after the death of Jesus.

Much of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) were assembled in the 5th century BCE. The New Testament books were composed largely in the second half of the 1st century CE.
The thing about the Christian Bible is it only has 4 gospels when there should be 12, one for each disciple of Jesus.
What about the other 8?
Although there are unofficial accounts of other gospels out there, why were they not included in the Bible?
Take St Peter for an example. He was the right hand man of Jesus following him everywhere. He was captured and taken to Vatican Rome where he died.
Now his gospel is in the hands of the Romans and at their disposal. Why wouldn't they include it in the Bible?
Is there something in his gospel that contradicts the Bible and Christianity itself?
Then there's Judas, the betrayer. His gospel should be interesting. Unfortunately it's no included but it's out there.
Thomas, the one who sees to believe. His gospel would be full of facts and is also out there but not included.
Even Johns gospel was not written by himself. It was Lazarus, the one whom Jesus brought back from the dead, who wrote that gospel.

Don't mind the questions. They are just leads in this investigation.

Generally speaking, there are many flaws and cover ups in the religion that make it hard to follow.
I am not discouraging others who follow the religion. This is my thoughts and view on the subject. Everything said here is based on facts and recent discoveries which can be researched, ascertained and confirmed.

The thing about the Christian Bible is it only has 4 gospels when there should be 12, one for each disciple of Jesus.
What about the other 8?
Although there are unofficial accounts of other gospels out there, why were they not included in the Bible?
Take St Peter for an example. He was the right hand man of Jesus following him everywhere. He was captured and taken to Vatican Rome where he died.
Now his gospel is in the hands of the Romans and at their disposal. Why wouldn't they include it in the Bible?
Is there something in his gospel that contradicts the Bible and Christianity itself?
Then there's Judas, the betrayer. His gospel should be interesting. Unfortunately it's no included but it's out there.
Thomas, the one who sees to believe. His gospel would be full of facts and is also out there but not included.
Even Johns gospel was not written by himself. It was Lazarus, the one whom Jesus brought back from the dead, who wrote that gospel.

Don't mind the questions. They are just leads in this investigation.

Generally speaking, there are many flaws and cover ups in the religion that make it hard to follow.
I am not discouraging others who follow the religion. This is my thoughts and view on the subject. Everything said here is based on facts and recent discoveries which can be researched, ascertained and confirmed.
You are right ! The only reason I don’t follow any religion is because - there are so many errors in the scriptures when we comapre them with modern established science.
If those scriptures were the word of God or if they were guided by Holy Spirit, there shouldn’t be any errors. Since there are errors, that can’t be word of God. So, there is no reason for me to follow that religion !!
All religious scriptures have errors !

This is going to be a long post- You can read when you are not satisfied with 2 chapters of Dustin’s story.

You can read if you are interested to know my perspective on Muslims and Israel- Palestine situation.

All the things I’ve written here can be backed up with references and relevant literatures. So, all I m writing down here are the inferences drawn from various authentic references.

When Muslims gather in a certain number in any country, they want separate laws for themselves allowing them to marry 4 wives, allowing them to marry a minor (15-16 yrs girls) and right to wear Hijab etc. These Islamic laws are called Shari’a laws.
Now Muslims have started asking for Shari’a laws in France, Germany and various European countries.

Muslims of Gulf countries in modern days are very peaceful. In the past, Muslims from Middle East had co-existed with Jews everywhere. Damascus, Baghdad, Mecca, Jerusalem etc.

Prior to Jew’s immigration to Europe, Jews were spread all over the middle eastern major cities. They were successful businessmen and entrepreneurs in Muslim ruled cities.

Radicalization of Islam happened more recently. Not all Muslims are radical but groups like Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Hamas, Hezboullah, Al Qaida, Laskar -e- Taiba, Talibans etc are radical Muslims for sure. Certain Radical Muslim group exist in Pakistan too.

In the past, people of different faith had to pay protection money (Tax) which was called Jizya in Islamic Caliphates, Empires and Sultanates. So many, poor people of different faith converted to Islam just to avoid these tax.

However there are history of aggression and hostilities from Israelites as well as crusaders in the past ! Crusader Christian’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves massacred so many Jews and Muslims in an attempt to capture Jerusalem and establish Christian Kingdom. There was a Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem for almost 200 years. It lasted for almost two hundred years, from the accession of Godfrey of Bouillon in 1099 until the fall of Acre in 1291. Its history is divided into two periods with a brief interruption in its existence, beginning with its collapse after the siege of Jerusalem in 1187 and its restoration after the Third Crusade in 1192.

During that time, they banished Jews and Muslims out of that land. Later on, they were defeated by Muslim General named Salahuddin in decisive “Battle of Hattin”. Salahuddin allowed Christian crusaders to withdraw without bloody violence. Then he established Muslim sultanate in that region which continued till the end of Ottoman Empire. After the Ottoman Caliphate collapsed, The present day (Israel +Palestine ) which was called Mandatory Palestine went under the control of British in 1920.

Mandatory Palestine lasted for 27 years till Zionists wanted to create a Jewish state in the holy land. (Jerusalem). After the defeat of Nazi Hitler and aftermath of Holocaust, British allowed Zionists to establish a state inside Mandatory Palestine and divided the region into two parts. Israel and Palestine. But state of Israel has expanded its borders since 1947 and occupied lands as far as Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, Golan Heights of Syria and some regions of Lebanon. Now the area of Palestine has almost vanished.

Till 1946, very few Jews were living there along with Muslims. Jews were all spread over Damascus, Baghdad, Medina, Mecca and Europe. After Holocaust, when Jewish state was established in Mandatory Palestine, Jews started to flock in there. In the process of establishing a Jewish state, , the previous occupants Arab Philistines had to be displaced from the region. In this process around 20 million Arabs have become refugees and went to neighboring countries like Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.

Arab Philistines refused to recognize the Jewish state and backed by neighboring countries like Egypt, Syria, Lebanon … they attacked Israel. Israel then determined to defend its newly established State retaliated back with the support of Europe and the USA. They successfully defeated Arab nations and they infiltrated inside Palestine and reached as far as Sinai (Egypt), Goalan Heights (Syria).

Now the problem is Israel will never go back to the borders of 1947. It will not even go back to the borders of 1967 when Green line of Armistice was established. It will continue to occupy Palestinian lands more and more till the entire Jerusalem is captured.

Oslo Peace accord (1993) was signed between Israel and Palestinian leader Yaser Arafat which was supposed to establish Palestine as a country, withdrawal of Israel troops from West Bank and Gaza strips. Palestine state establishment has never happened officially. Palestine is still not a sovereign country in the UN because a group named Hamas was not happy with the borders of 1993. They wanted entire Manadatory Palestine as a single country. They do not recognize Israel.

Since Palestine has almost disappeared from the Map, Hamas appeared among the desperate people of Palestine and they started “Intifada” against Israel. They became offensive against Israel. They attack with rockets into Israel from time to time. But this gives pretext to Israel to capture more and more lands of Palestine , Cut off their food, water, medicines and supplies in the name of self defense. So, problem between Israel and Palestine is a religio-political and religio-ethnic in nature. See the disappearing Palestine in the attached Map below.

Jerusalem is holy land for Jews because şoför Jews their first temple was established by Solomon here. Most of the prophets of Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) are Jewish prophets. They were born here or they were active here.

Jerusalem is mostly important to Christianity because Jesus was brought here occasionally as a child, preached to the poor in his adult life, crucified at the end of his life and resurrected by the God.

This place is equally important to Muslims because they consider all the prophets of Old Testament including Jesus Christ as Muslim Prophets. Since all of these prophets passed important portion of their life here, this place becomes very important to them. On top of that, during the night of (Miraj), Mohammed was transported to Jerusalem ( Mosque Al Aqsa) from Ka’aba of Mecca. From Al Aqsa, Mohamed was transported to the sky (heaven). That’s why After Mecca and Medina, Jerusalem becomes the 3rd holiest city for Muslim. So, Philtistine Arabs won’t give up Jerusalem that easily.

One thing I have observed is - When Hindus, Buddhists, Christians immigrate to other countries, they abide by the laws of that country. None of them demand a provision for separate laws of based on their scriptures. However, the difference with Muslims is when they immigrate to a new country and as they gather in significant number they want provision of separate laws called Shari’a law. This law is based on their holy book Qur’an, rulings of their Prophet and 1st two generations of Islamic authorities after the death of Mohamed. This is the major reason that caused discord of Muslims with other communities. Now they have started demanding Shari’ah in European nations. Soon they will demand this in Canada, USA and Australia too !
In another account, Godfrey of Boullion/ Godfroi de Boullion was a descendent of King Dogoberth ll of France, last of the Merovingian Kings, a dynasty of Gothic Kings believed to have descended from Jesus the Christ himself. These Godlike Kings ruled from the southern region of France known as the Languedoc.
This fulfills the prophecy Jesus and his descendents will rule in Jerusalem. Hence Godfroi de Boullion did rule as King of Jerusalem.

One thing I have observed is - When Hindus, Buddhists, Christians immigrate to other countries, they abide by the laws of that country. None of them demand a provision for separate laws of based on their scriptures. However, the difference with Muslims is when they immigrate to a new country and as they gather in significant number they want provision of separate laws called Shari’a law.

Actually Quran gives very few restriction on people! So called sharia laws came from later days writings that are called Hadiths! However the first author of so called sahih or pure hadiths was born 180 years after the death of Prophet Muhammad, hence there is no solid evidence that all Hadith are words from him!

Here is two verses from Sura 24 . You even don't have to cover women , because men are required to lower their gaze! It also just want to prevent full nudity and nothing else you see in many Muslim families who forcibly enforce sharia to their women family members!

Surah 24, verse 30-31

˹O Prophet!˺ Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and guard their chastity. That is purer for them. Surely Allah is All-Aware of what they do.
https://quran.com/en/an-nur/30-31
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their chastity, and not to reveal their adornments1 except what normally appears.2 Let them draw their veils over their chests, and not reveal their ˹hidden˺ adornments3 except to their husbands, their fathers, their fathers-in-law, their sons, their stepsons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons or sisters’ sons, their fellow women, those ˹bondwomen˺ in their possession, male attendants with no desire, or children who are still unaware of women’s nakedness. Let them not stomp their feet, drawing attention to their hidden adornments. Turn to Allah in repentance all together, O believers, so that you may be successful.

Quran actually prohibits nakedness , and nothing else! All restrictions came much later ! If you read the whole Quran , yo will find striking similarities with Bible, but in most cases without heavy restriction of old Testament!

Unfortunately most Muslims do not read their primary scripture and listen to their religious leaders! Like a famous book name fatwa e Alamgiri was actually written during the rule of Emperor Aurangzeb! Hence we can call it as the laws of the bigot emperor! Other than him , all other Mughal emperors were very liberal you know!

Also Quran says that all people have a place in heaven. Look at Sura 2, verse 62

Indeed, the believers, Jews, Christians, and Sabians1—whoever ˹truly˺ believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good will have their reward with their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor will they grieve.

It might be interesting for you because Islam views Jesus in a different way.

1. Muslims believe that Jesus never died.

Qur’an 4:157

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it.

2. Muslims believe that Jesus was messenger of Allah who came with book called Injeel (Evangel). Injeel means sayings of Jesus (not the entire bible). Because Bible have more than 40 different authors.

Qur’an 4:171

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him.

3. Muslim believe in pure Monotheism like Judaism. That means Jesus can’t be God because God is indivisible.

Qur’an 112:1

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “He is Allah—One ˹and Indivisible˺

4. The word Trinity does not exist in Bible but it exists in Qur’an. Quran says “Don’t utter the word trinity”.

Qur’an 5:73

Those who say, “Allah is one in a Trinity,” have certainly fallen into disbelief. There is only One God. If they do not stop saying this, those who disbelieve among them will be afflicted with a painful punishment
I believe the Quran 4:157 is correct.
That would give some credibility to the Merovingians claiming descent from Christ.

i guess the major issue with most religions isn't so much the contents of the scriptures , its the leaders who twist it to their own whims using the devotion of the followers as a sword for their own mallintent

Donations

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$300.00
Back