An Understated Dominance: Chapter 1045 onwards

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

1045 - 1050

chapter 1045​

A red carpet stretched for hundreds of meters, extending from the entrance of the mansion to the reception hall.

Today, Trent Harmon officially assumed the position of the Harmon family's patriarch, a position that had previously been acknowledged internally but was now publicly announced.

As a result, the Harmon family invited many guests to hold a celebration banquet.

Anyone who had a good relationship with the Harmon family or wanted to curry favor with them came to congratulate them.

With Trent Harmon as the leader, the core members of the Harmon family had all gathered in the conference hall.

However, compared to before, there were far fewer people.

After these days of transformation, nearly half of the core members had been suppressed and pushed out. Those who could sit here were Trent Harmon's trusted subordinates and dependents.

"Big Brother, after today, you will be the well-known patriarch of the Harmon family. Congratulations."

Jacob Harmon raised his fists and was the first to offer his congratulations.

"The patriarch is wise, valiant, and possesses great foresight. You are the outstanding leader of our Harmon family!"

"That's right! I believe that under the leadership of the patriarch in the future, our Harmon family will surely prosper even more!"

"Patriarch, you're mighty!"

The people of the Harmon family exchanged words of praise, and Trent Harmon was delighted, feeling as if he were on top of the world.

He had never realized before that being the patriarch would be so majestic and awe-inspiring. The feeling of standing above tens of thousands of people was truly wonderful.

"After today, I will be the patriarch of the Harmon family, and all of you have contributed greatly. After this is over, I will reward everyone accordingly, and I promise not to treat anyone unfairly!" Trent Harmon said confidently.

"Thank you, Patriarch!"

The people were overjoyed and got up to pay their respects.

"Eldest Uncle, today you ascend to the position of patriarch, and in a few days, Kate will marry into the Grant family. It's truly a double blessing!" Dylan Harmon said with a smile.

"That's right."

Jacob Harmon nodded with a smile. "The Grant family is one of the Three Supreme Families, and Trent Grant is a natural talent. With such an outstanding son-in-law, Big Brother, you'll soon be able to dominate the provincial capital with a single hand!"

"Yes, with the marriage alliance between our two families, it's undoubtedly a mutually beneficial partnership. We can work together to dominate the provincial capital, and it's just around the corner!"

Many people echoed these sentiments.

Looking at it positively, the two families allying could complement each other and could create a brilliant future together, becoming the overlords of their region.

"Speaking of which, I don't understand why Uncle Hector is so foolish as to refuse the marriage alliance with the Grant family. Is it just because Natasha doesn't like it?" Dylan said with a somewhat mocking smile. "If that's the case, he's truly foolish!"

"So, Big Brother becoming the patriarch is the most suitable choice. Third Brother is too indecisive."

Jacob Harmon also added flattery.

"When it comes to Third Uncle, I suddenly remembered something."

Trent Harmon knocked on the table and looked at Dylan Harmon. "Dylan, I entrusted you with a task. How is it going?"

"Third Uncle is stubborn, and it's very difficult to deal with him starting from his bones."

Speaking of this, Dylan Harmon suddenly changed the subject and smiled, "However, I have found his weakness. I believe that in less than two days, he will offer his precious treasure willingly."

"This item is extremely important. Before the wedding, we must get our hands on it!" Trent Harmon reminded seriously.

The treasure map was the dowry for his daughter, and it wouldn't be easy to explain things to the Grant family if they didn't have it.

"Rest assured, Big Brother, you can be at ease. I guarantee that nothing will go wrong!" Dylan Harmon said confidently.

"Very well."

Trent Harmon nodded.

"Well, Big Brother, it's almost time. Let's go to the reception hall to meet the guests. There's a big figure coming today, and I believe it will be a pleasant surprise for you." Jacob Harmon said with a meaningful smile.

"Oh? Really? Then I'll look forward to it."

Trent Harmon grinned and then led a group of people, walking out of the conference hall.

However, just as they walked out of the door, a Harmon family steward suddenly approached them, holding a gift box in his hand.

"Patriarch, there's a guest outside who asked me to personally deliver this gift to you." The steward handed over the gift box with both hands.

"Oh? Is he so eager to be courteous?"

Trent Harmon smiled and opened the gift box to take a look. He was so shocked that he shivered and immediately threw the contents out.

"Thud!"

The gift box fell to the ground, and a bloody human head slowly rolled out from inside.

Chapter 1046​

"What the hell is this?!"

When the severed head rolled out, everyone was shocked, instinctively scattering in all directions.

Once they saw the situation clearly, their astonishment only grew.

Today was supposed to be a good day for Trent Harmon as he ascended to power, but someone had sent such a gruesome gift. Wasn't this a deliberate attempt to disrupt the event?

No!

This wasn't just a disruption; it was a blatant provocation!

"Who? Who dares to be so bold to actually send a severed head!" Trent Harmon couldn't contain his anger.

His good mood had been instantly shattered.

"You damn fool! How can you be so careless?!"

Trent Harmon was furious, slapping the steward's face hard.

As a steward of the Harmon family, he didn't even bother to inspect the gift and just casually brought it over. What if there had been a bomb inside?

"I... I thought it was just an ordinary guest. I didn't expect it to be like this."

The steward knelt on the ground, trembling in fear.

He had seen the man smiling and had thought he was a guest who had come to curry favor with the patriarch. Who would have thought that there would be a severed head inside?

"Are you still standing there?! Go and investigate immediately!"

Trent Harmon kicked the steward to the ground, and the steward repeatedly acknowledged before fleeing.

"Dad, I know the person who died. He was one of my trusted subordinates."

At this moment, Dylan spoke with a dark expression.

Initially, he had been shocked when he saw the severed head, but then he recognized it. After a closer look, he realized that it was his vice-captain!

"Your trusted subordinate? What's going on?" Trent Harmon furrowed his brows.

"He helped me with something yesterday, and it seems that he was found out by someone and became the target of retaliation." Dylan squinted his eyes slightly.

The car accident had been arranged by this vice-captain. Unexpectedly, after just one night, he had died.

Most likely, it was the work of Natasha Harmon. So, was this incident directed at you?" Trent Harmon quickly realized.

"Probably, but there's no need to pay it any mind."

Dylan shrugged indifferently. "I'll handle this matter cleanly. If anyone dares to cause trouble, they're just asking for death!"

"As long as you're aware of it."

Trent Harmon nodded.

"Well, big brother, it's almost time. Let's go to the reception hall to meet the guests. There's a big figure coming today, and I believe it will be a pleasant surprise for you." Dylan said with a meaningful smile.

"Oh? Really? Then I'll look forward to it."

Trent Harmon grinned and then led a group of people, walking out of the conference hall.

However, just as they walked out of the door, a Harmon family steward suddenly approached them, holding a gift box in his hand.

"Patriarch, there's a guest outside who asked me to personally deliver this gift to you." The steward handed over the gift box with both hands.

"Oh? Is he so eager to be courteous?"

Trent Harmon smiled and opened the gift box to take a look.

At this moment,

Inside the gift box, there was a human head.

Chapter 1047​

Luo Chen responded briefly.

"Thank you."

The woman in blue said politely, smiled, and then beckoned her two companions to sit down.

There wasn't much choice in seating here, and Luo Chen's plain attire made him appear more approachable. It shouldn't be too difficult to get along with him.

"Hey handsome, I'm called Zilan. This is Yelei, and this is Chenquan. May I know how to address you?"

The woman in blue introduced herself and her companions, then asked in an outgoing manner, showing a lively personality.

"Meeting by chance, no need for formalities." Luo Chen replied coldly.

He had come here to kill, not to make friends.

"Uh..."

Zilan's smile froze for a moment, and she looked somewhat embarrassed.

"Hey, why are you acting all high and mighty?" Yelei, who was standing next to her, couldn't stand it and said, "I was just asking for your name. What's so special about that? Look at your dress, you don't look like someone wealthy. Where do you get the confidence to act so arrogantly?"

"Yeah! Acting like a pauper, and you're fortunate to sit at the same table as us! That's your honor!" Chenquan also showed a disdainful expression.

"Let it go, let it go, let's not say more."

Seeing that the situation was turning awkward, Zilan quickly tried to smooth things over.

"Blue Blue, why are you wasting your time with such a person?"

Yelei crossed her arms and said arrogantly, "Do you know why no one is sitting next to him? It's because people are disgusted and don't want to associate with him!"

"Hmph! He smells so bad, it's disgusting!"

Covering her nose, Yelei made a very disdainful expression.

Dustin acted as if he hadn't heard any of this and continued to sip his tea.

His inaction only made Yelei even more unhappy.

In another context, she would have verbally berated him until he was speechless.

"Look! The guest of honor is here!"

At this moment, someone shouted.

Everyone turned their heads to see Trent Harmon and several core members of the Harmon family walking in with their heads held high.

Instantly, everyone stood up to greet them, congratulating Trent Harmon on becoming the new patriarch.

The atmosphere in the room soared to its peak.

Yelei and Chenquan were eager to get closer, but because of their low status, they couldn't squeeze in, so they could only watch from a distance.

"Is that Dylan Harmon, the second young master of the Harmon family? He is a fine gentleman, with extraordinary grace!"

Yelei watched his tall figure, her eyes shining with excitement.

Dylan Harmon came from a prominent family and was exceptionally talented. Among the many young talents in the provincial capital, he was one of the top ten.

He was the dream lover of many young girls, including her.

"I heard that Dylan Harmon is now a high-ranking officer in the Tiger and Leopard Cavalry, and he is also a subordinate of the Red Tassel War God. His future is truly limitless!" Zilan also looked admiringly.

Such a big shot was beyond her reach.

"If I had half of Dylan Harmon's excellence and prospects, I'd be over the moon." Chenquan sighed softly, his face full of envy.

Although his family had some money, compared to Dylan Harmon, he was still a far cry.

"Even if Dylan Harmon is outstanding and has great prospects, it's useless."

Luo Chen stood up slowly, his eyes full of killing intent. "Because right now, he's a dead man!"

Chapter 1048​

"Hmm?"

Dustin's sudden exclamation rang out like a thunderclap, instantly seizing the attention of those around him. Three pairs of eyes turned toward him, curiosity mingled with a hint of bewilderment.

The onlookers wore expressions ranging from peculiar to flabbergasted as if they had just witnessed a magician pull off an unexpected trick.

"Hey! What on earth are you blabbering about? Who's this 'dying man' you're talking about?" Ye Lei inquired, casting an appraising glance up and down Dustin. Her face contorted into a more pronounced expression of disdain.

She couldn't help but think, "Is this guy acting like a complete buffoon?"

"Youngster! Are you implying that Dylan Harmon is on his deathbed? Are your unkind words a result of jealousy, acknowledging his superiority?" Chen Quan raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Humph! If you're incapable, that's one thing, but having the gall to begrudge others for their talents? Truly repulsive!" Ye Lei crossed her arms, her expression dripping with contempt.

She harbored a strong aversion to individuals with petty, envious mindsets.

"Kid, if you've got any courage, why not say it louder? Spewing negativity behind someone's back won't earn you any hero points," Chen Quan sneered.

"That's right! If you've got guts, why not challenge Dylan Harmon head-on instead of skulking in the shadows? There's no difference between that and being a coward!" Ye Lei scoffed.

Though Zilan remained silent, she couldn't help but shake her head discreetly. She was growing increasingly weary of Dustin.

Unperturbed by their comments, Dustin reached for a wine bottle on the table and held it up, weighing it thoughtfully.

"Dylan Harmon!"

Suddenly, Dustin boomed with a commanding presence that sent ripples of astonishment through the entire gathering.

"Who dares utter my name with such audacity?!" Dylan Harmon's head snapped in the direction of the voice, his gaze was as sharp as a blade, sweeping the area with fierce determination.

And just as all eyes turned to focus on this tense standoff, a wine bottle hurtled through the air with uncanny precision, colliding squarely with Dylan Harmon's head.

"Bang!"

The deafening sound of the impact reverberated through the room as the wine bottle shattered, showering Dylan Harmon in crimson liquid. Stunned and unsteady, he reached up to touch his throbbing head, only to find his fingers coated in blood.

"A-ah?"

This unexpected turn of events left everyone in shock.

No one had anticipated that, amid this highly anticipated event, someone would dare to disrupt the peace within the Harmon family.

"Eh..."

At this moment, Ye Lei, Chen Quan, and Zilan stood frozen in disbelief.

Their eyes widened as if they couldn't believe what they had just witnessed: Dustin had picked up a wine bottle and smashed it onto Dylan Harmon's head.

The perplexing question loomed large: How could he dare?

Who was Dylan Harmon?

He was an heir of the affluent elite, a high-ranking military officer in the prestigious Tiger Leopard Cavalry, and the future rising star as a young general. He was unquestionably the cream of the crop in the entire Jiangnan region!

Daring to provoke such an influential figure—wasn't that tantamount to courting disaster?

Did this reckless guy have a death wish?

"You... Do you dare to strike Dylan Harmon? Have you lost your mind?" Ye Lei's voice wavered between shock and anger.

She had provoked Dustin earlier, convinced that he wouldn't dare to speak up.

But what had just happened?

Not only had he spoken up, but he had also acted even more audaciously by smashing a wine bottle onto Dylan Harmon's head.

"Kid! You've got some serious guts! You're in deep trouble now!" Chen Quan swallowed hard, his gaze fixed on Dustin as if he were a madman.

To avoid getting embroiled in the situation, he promptly distanced himself, ensuring the Harmon family wouldn't mistakenly associate him with the incident.

"I should've known better than to sit at this table."

Zilan, observing the growing crowd of curious onlookers, couldn't help but retreat slightly.

Her disdain for Dustin had intensified.

This guy was an unbridled troublemaker, and anyone who associated with him seemed destined for misfortune.

"Dustin! So, it's you, young man!"

Dylan Harmon's eyes remained locked onto Dustin, his countenance darkening by the second.

Similarly, Trent Harmon, Jacob Harmon, and their entourage wore expressions of seething anger.

On this day, Dustin had crashed the party uninvited and had caused a scene in the midst of the Harmon family's grand event. It was as if he were delivering a resounding slap to the face of the entire Harmon family!

"Dylan Harmon! Today, I've come to claim your life!" Dustin proclaimed boldly, his words echoing with unwavering determination.

Chapter 1049​

"Outrageous!"

"Daring!"

"Daring to cause trouble in the Harmon family? I think you've had enough of living!"

After a brief moment of astonishment, the guests in attendance erupted in anger, their voices resounding with righteous indignation. They clenched their fists, ready to make a statement.

Hearing the commotion, Harmon family guards swiftly moved in to surround the area.

"Are you worthy of my life?" Dylan Harmon's face darkened. "If your bodyguard were here, you might have a slight chance. But with you, a waste like you, daring to be so arrogant in front of me? You're simply seeking death!"

Even though he had been reprimanded by Old Zhang earlier, Dylan Harmon was brimming with confidence when facing Dustin.

Among his peers, besides the monstrous talent that was Tyler Grant, who could compare to him?

"Youngster! Today is the day I ascend to the position of clan leader. I don't want bloodshed. If you're sensible, surrender now!" Trent Harmon bellowed.

He knew Dustin had some skills and had formed some kind of faction. However, in comparison to the Harmon family, it was nothing.

Moreover, he had the support of the Grant family now.

"Dylan Harmon is destined to die today, and anyone who dares to obstruct me will receive no mercy!" Dustin declared coldly.

"Hmph! You're truly shameless!" Trent Harmon seethed. "Someone, apprehend him!"

"Wait!" Dylan Harmon raised his hand to stop them, a cold smile curling on his lips. "Uncle, dealing with this kid doesn't require involving everyone. I alone am sufficient!"

"Big Brother, let them resolve their grievances themselves," Jacob Harmon calmly advised.

Publicly ganging up on Dustin might result in accusations of bullying the weak.

A one-on-one duel, even if it ended in someone's death, wouldn't invite the same level of criticism.

"Very well, I'll leave this kid to you," Trent Harmon patted Dylan Harmon on the shoulder.

"Uncle, rest assured. Watch how I torment him," Dylan Harmon exuded self-assuredness, then turned his provocative gaze toward Dustin. "Dustin, I dare you to engage in a life-and-death battle with me. Whether you win or lose, it's a matter of life and death!"

"What's there to fear? After all, you're the one who's going to die," Dustin's eyes were icy.

"Listen, everyone! He has agreed to a life-and-death duel. If he gets beaten to death later, don't blame me!" Dylan Harmon smirked, then gestured to clear the area.

"Who dares to challenge Dylan Harmon? He doesn't know his place!"

"Dylan Harmon is a true innate master and a high-ranking officer in the Panther regiment. He's trained in the art of killing. This kid won't last three moves."

"Daring to cause trouble in the Harmon family? He deserves whatever comes to him!"

The crowd buzzed with comments, pointing fingers and nodding heads in agreement.

Their gazes, directed at Dustin, were akin to those fixed on a dead man walking.

"Hmph! A poor loser actually dares to challenge Dylan Harmon, a true prodigy? He's like a mantis trying to stop a chariot!" Ye Lei sneered.

"To seek the limelight, this kid is willing to throw his life away. Utter foolishness!" Chen Quan sneered with disdain.

"Ignorant fool!" Zilan sighed softly.

In their eyes, Dustin's actions were undeniably suicidal.

"Dustin, come on then, let me see what you're made of!" Dylan Harmon beckoned arrogantly, dismissing Dustin entirely.

"Very well!" Dustin wasted no time, taking swift strides forward before suddenly lunging with a punch.

There was no overwhelming aura or terrifying pressure—just an ordinary, unassuming strike.

"Is that all?"

Watching the seemingly light punch, Dylan Harmon shook his head with a mocking smile. He extended a single finger in a pompous manner and lightly pressed against it.

He intended to win gracefully, basking in the applause of the onlookers.

"Crack!"

"Crack!"

"Boom!"

In the instant their contact met, three distinct sounds resounded.

First, Dylan Harmon's finger snapped.

Second, Dylan Harmon's arm was fractured.

Third, Dylan Harmon was launched like a cannonball, crashing heavily into the wall, blood spewing from his mouth and nose as he lost consciousness on the spot.

For a moment, the entire room fell eerily silent.

Chapter 1050​

"What?!"

Looking at Dylan Harmon, who lay on the ground like a dead dog, everyone was stunned.

A high-ranking officer of the Tiger Leopard Cavalry, an outstanding genius, had just been defeated like this?

What was going on?

People exchanged bewildered glances; their shock evident.

They had thought this battle was a foregone conclusion, with Dylan Harmon dominating the entire time.

But unexpectedly, with just one exchange, Dylan Harmon had fallen.

The difference was quite significant.

"Did I... Did I see that right? Dylan Harmon actually lost?" Chen Quan widened his eyes, finding it hard to believe.

He had thought Dustin was seeking death, but he hadn't anticipated that he was hiding his true strength.

"How is this possible? He... he... How could he be so powerful?!" Ye Lei's face was filled with astonishment, and her lips trembled.

She couldn't accept that an ordinary, impoverished person like Dustin could defeat a prodigy like Dylan Harmon.

"My goodness! Is he that strong?" Zilan covered her mouth in surprise, her eyes filled with disbelief.

She had initially thought Dustin was putting on airs, even being somewhat reckless. Now, she understood that he truly had the skills to back it up.

"I didn't expect this kid to be so skilled!"

Trent Harmon had a stern face, his brow furrowed.

While he had witnessed Dustin's medical expertise, he didn't know much about his martial abilities.

"My son, defeated with just one punch?"

Jacob Harmon stared in disbelief, struggling to accept what he had just witnessed.

It was one thing to lose to Tyler Grant, but to be unable to defeat Dustin?

Was this humiliation for real?

Ignoring the astonishment of the onlookers, Dustin stepped forward, grabbed Dylan Harmon's leg, and began dragging him out.

His demeanor resembled someone dragging a dog.

Dylan Harmon used his face to create a long trail of blood on the ground as he was forcibly pulled.

"Beast! Release my son!"

Jacob Harmon finally reacted, angrily shouting.

But Dustin seemed oblivious to it all, continuing to drag Dylan Harmon.

The reason he hadn't killed Dylan Harmon was that he wanted him to kneel before Lin Juan and apologize.

"Someone! Kill this brat for me!"

Jacob Harmon roared in anger, immediately ordering the guards to encircle Dustin.

Soon, a large number of Harmon family guards swarmed in.

The surrounding guests scattered in fear, trying to avoid getting caught in the crossfire.

"Attack!"

Once they identified the target, the Harmon family guards rushed forward.

Dustin remained expressionless, raised his hand, and flicked it, sending numerous silver needles flying.

"Swish, swish, swish..."

With a series of piercing sounds, the approaching Harmon family guards fell one after another, none of them escaping unharmed.

"Ah?!"

Seeing this scene, the guests were once again shocked.

Everything had happened so quickly that they hadn't had a chance to fully comprehend what was going on.

They had only seen Dustin wave his hand, and the Harmon family guards had all fallen.

It was truly bizarre.

After dealing with the first group of guards, Dustin didn't stop. He continued to violently drag Dylan Harmon and walked directly out of the reception hall.

"Someone! Get more hidden guards out here!"

Trent's face was dark as he ordered, "Today, no matter what it takes, we must capture this brat. Otherwise, the Harmon family's reputation will be utterly destroyed!"

Publicly causing trouble in front of so many people, kidnapping Dylan Harmon—Dustin's actions were undoubtedly a trampling of the Harmon family's dignity.

If they didn't make an example of him, what face would the Harmon family have left to show the world?

Last edited: