An Understated Dominance Chapter 1301 to Chapter 2422 - English Version Translated by NAZMUL

English Version Translated by NAZMUL

An Understated Dominance is a Urban novel for men, telling a story of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys had been married for three years. "An Understated Dominance" delves into themes of ambition, power and the price of success. The novel explores the complexities of relationships and so on.

Chapter 2192: I have nothing to say in response

"Hmm?"

With Dustin's unexpected words, Karson, who was about to leave, immediately stopped and turned to look at Dustin with some curiosity.

The others also looked at each other in confusion, not understanding why Dustin would compete with the disciples of Infernal Mountain for a killer.

"Sir, this person is extremely dangerous and a huge threat. Keeping him by your side will always be risky. It would be better for everyone if you hand him over to us for disposal. It's for your own good," the round-faced Infernal Mountain disciple on the left smiled politely.

"You're overthinking it. If I can defeat him once, I can defeat him a hundred times. In my hands, he won't cause any trouble," Dustin replied with a smile.

"Sir, we're only looking out for your best interests. Please consider cooperating," the round-faced Infernal Mountain disciple remained polite.

"Thank you for your concern, but this person is useful to me. I can't hand him over to you," Dustin shook his head.

There were too many secrets about Lion, whether it was the assassination attempt or his abilities after transformation. He needed to investigate thoroughly.

"Hey! You're unreasonable! If it weren't for my junior brother's intervention just now, you wouldn't even have been able to capture this guy!" the taller Infernal Mountain disciple couldn't help but speak up.

Although Infernal Mountain didn't usually interfere in worldly matters, they commanded great respect in the martial world.

Wherever they went and whatever they did, people in the martial world would give them some face.

However, this guy in front of them didn't give them any face at all.

He really didn't know what was good for him.

"First of all, I appreciate Infernal Mountain's support, and I don't mean to be unreasonable. It's just that we've worked hard for so long to capture this person. Now that you're taking him away, wouldn't all our efforts have been in vain?" Dustin said calmly.

With Dustin's words, the two Infernal Mountain disciples were momentarily speechless and could only look at Karson.

In fact, they didn't quite understand why their usually detached junior brother would be interested in a killer.

"Your words make sense, and I have nothing to say in response."

Karson nodded in agreement with Dustin's words. But the next moment, he changed the subject, saying, "However, taking this guy back is an order from my old man. I have no choice. Consider it a favor owed to you by Infernal Mountain today. How about that? If you need anything in the future, feel free to ask for our help."

With these words, there was a stir among the crowd.

What did a favor from Infernal Mountain mean?

It was a heaven-sent opportunity that countless people dreamed of!

If used wisely, it could not only be a lifesaver but also a stepping stone to great success.

Even more so, it could make one a dominant figure in the region!

As an entity transcending the martial world and the temple, it was not an exaggeration to say that whoever received Infernal Mountain's favor could change their life!

They never expected that Karson would be so generous, easily making such a promise.

Such a rich opportunity, no one, even a fool, would refuse.
Thanks Grandmaster Nazmul 😊

Thanks for the update bro.

Thanks for the latest chapters its getting more exciting...keep it up..more power
You sure you are following up on this ever dragging story? It is becoming more interesting or more boring?
I really appreciate grandmaster Nazmul for his efforts at bringing this story to our delights but the original author is a jerk. He is unnecessarily diverting the story to no end making it very infantile and vaniluos.

No update? 😔
be thankfull if theres
You sure you are following up on this ever dragging story? It is becoming more interesting or more boring?
I really appreciate grandmaster Nazmul for his efforts at bringing this story to our delights but the original author is a jerk. He is unnecessarily diverting the story to no end making it very infantile and vaniluos.
its simple just stop reading,.

Infantile and vanilla? Or did you mean vanitous, as in vain and inflated?

Chapter 2193: You're wrong

"The human sentiment of Infernal Mountain is indeed very tempting."

Dustin nodded in agreement, then suddenly changed the subject and said, "However, I am more interested in the person in front of me, so I can only apologize to you."

Upon hearing this, everyone was stunned, finding it hard to believe.

No one expected Dustin to actually choose to refuse.

What's this? This is the favor of Infernal Mountain!

An opportunity that can defy fate!

Such a rare opportunity that others couldn't beg for even if they broke their heads over it, yet this guy in front of them didn't care at all.

Isn't this being foolish?

"What's the matter, Brother Dustin? Why would you refuse such a heaven-sent opportunity?" Cassius was puzzled.

If it were him, he would probably be all smiles.

But Dustin went against the grain, which was really hard to understand.

"It seems that Brother Dustin thinks that the value of that killer leader is higher than the favor of Infernal Mountain." Zion pondered.

"What? What value could that killer have? He's just an antagonist." Lana dismissed.

"Lana, you can't just judge things by their appearance. If that person really had no value, would he have attracted the attention of Infernal Mountain?" Willa said with some profound meaning.

Infernal Mountain has always been indifferent to worldly matters, but today, they've acted out of character by insisting on capturing Lion alive, which is enough to prove that things are not simple.

Dustin's persistence probably means he has guessed the reason behind it.

"Brother, you're making it difficult for me."

Karson shrugged helplessly.

He thought a few kind words would do the trick, but unexpectedly, the person in front of him remained unmoved and didn't care about the reputation of Infernal Mountain at all.

Although it was interesting, it was also headache-inducing.

"Infernal Mountain's reputation is well-known. It shouldn't be necessary for you, an unknown person, to compete with me, right?" Dustin smiled and dodged the issue.

"I don't mind, but my old man at home is a bit difficult. If I don't take this person back today, I won't be able to sleep peacefully." Karson scratched his head, seeming to have thought of something, then suddenly said, "Bro, how about this, let's make a bet. Whoever wins takes this person away. This way, we won't hurt each other's feelings, nor will we have to rack our brains. What do you think?"

"What do you want to bet?" Dustin asked with a smile.

"It's simple, bet on whether you can move this person or not."

Karson showed an innocent smile, "He's currently suppressed by my talisman. If you can move him, you win. If you can't, you lose. Of course, I won't bully you. You can ask for help, but you can't have more than three chances. Dare to bet?"

"Since you're so interested, I'll play along." Dustin nodded in agreement.

"Good, it's settled then. Please." Karson gestured with one hand.

The two disciples behind him exchanged glances, both unconsciously showing smiles.

Outsiders might not know, but they were very clear about how powerful the mountain-moving talisman on their junior apprentice brother's back was.

Not even Dustin alone, but even if everyone present combined their efforts, they wouldn't be able to move it.

Including the two of them, it was the same.

"What's that little master up to? Just moving a person? What's the difficulty? By betting this way, isn't he deliberately admitting defeat?" Lana was puzzled.

"Sister, you're wrong."

Chapter 2194: Let me try

Cassius pointed at the immobilized lion and said eagerly, "See the yellow talisman on that person's back? That's the famous mountain-moving talisman of Infernal Mountain!"

"Mountain-moving talisman? Is it really powerful?" Lana asked, puzzled.

As someone new to the Martial World, her knowledge was indeed lacking.

"Of course, it's powerful!" Cassius explained enthusiastically, "Don't be fooled by its thin appearance. It contains the universe within it. Once activated and pressed onto someone, it's as heavy as a mountain, incredibly formidable! As long as the talisman remains intact, that person won't be able to move for their entire life!"

"Ah? Is it really that amazing?" Lana widened her beautiful eyes.

"Of course, I've only heard about it, never seen it myself. After all, there are very few people who can use the mountain-moving talisman." Cassius said.

"Should we go help?" Lana asked.

"If even Master Dustin can't move him, our help won't be of any use. Let's just wait and see." Willa shook her head.

They hadn't reached the level of grandmasters yet, so they weren't qualified to participate in such a contest.

"Mr. Dustin, shall we try first?" At this moment, Alana and Lila stepped forward, volunteering.

They were suspicious, so they wanted to let Dustin test the waters first, just in case.

"Sure."

Dustin nodded, not refusing.

After all, he had three chances, so there was no rush.

Alana and Lila glanced at each other, then went straight to Lion.

At this moment, Lion was completely immobile, its eyes even vacant.

Confirming that Lion posed no threat, Alana grabbed its arms while Lila grabbed its legs.

"One, two, three! Lift!"

They both exerted force simultaneously, trying to lift Lion out of the pit.

But soon, they were surprised to find that their exerted strength had no effect at all.

Not to mention lifting Lion out of the pit, they couldn't even move its limbs.

Although Lion was sturdy, weighing only a little over two hundred catties, with their strength, they should have been able to lift it easily.

But now, Lion remained motionless, indicating that its weight wasn't the only issue.

Soon, they fixed their gaze on the yellow talisman behind Lion.

As expected, the problem lay with the talisman.

"Tear the talisman!"

Alana and Lila exchanged glances, then reached out to tear the talisman without hesitation.

However, as soon as Alana's fingers touched the talisman...

The surface of the talisman flashed, and a powerful force directly sent Alana several steps back, as if struck by lightning.

"Let me try!"

Lila, unwilling to show weakness, also tried.

But the result was the same. As soon as Lila's fingers touched the talisman, she recoiled as if electrocuted, her whole body surging with uncontrollable energy.

"How could this be?"

Alana and Lila furrowed their brows, secretly shocked.

They hadn't expected that they couldn't even tear a talisman.

"It's useless. Unless you're proficient in the secrets of talismans, you won't be able to tear our junior apprentice brother's mountain-moving talisman." The round-faced disciple of Infernal Mountain shook his head, kindly reminding them.

Because forcibly tearing the talisman would result in a backlash.

The greater the force used, the stronger the backlash.

One wrong move, and they might even lose their lives.

Chapter 2195: Origin of Qi

"Again!"

The words of the Infernal Mountain disciple didn't persuade Alana and Lila.

The two sisters exchanged glances, then suddenly drew their swords and slashed directly at the mountain-moving talisman on Lion's back.

Since they couldn't tear it off, they would destroy it!

It was just a piece of talisman paper, after all, it couldn't be harder than profound iron.

"Clang! Clang!"

When Alana and Lila's swords struck the talisman, it suddenly lit up with a yellow light.

Immediately after, a powerful force erupted abruptly.

The two swords that hit the talisman directly broke, and Alana and Lila, along with them, were sent retreating repeatedly, spitting out blood on the spot.

For a moment, they looked shocked, finding it somewhat unbelievable.

They hadn't expected that what seemed like an ordinary piece of talisman paper would be impenetrable.

It was simply outrageous!

"I told you earlier, but you wouldn't listen. You're really asking for trouble." The round-faced disciple of Infernal Mountain sighed, feeling somewhat helpless.

If ordinary swords could destroy the talisman, then what was the point of their decades of cultivation?

"If even swords can't cut it, what material is the talisman made of?" Lana marveled.

"The talismans of Infernal Mountain naturally have their peculiarities. It's not just a matter of material, but also the qi contained within the talisman!" Zion explained earnestly, "As far as I know, when the Golden Light Spell and Thunder Law are perfected by Infernal Mountain disciples, they can cultivate what's known as the Origin of Qi. And the Origin of Qi is the foundation of the talisman."

"What is the Origin of Qi?" Lana asked curiously.

"The Origin of Qi is one of the Eight Wonders of the Martial Arts. Those who cultivate it can unleash unimaginable energy. As for its specific effects, I don't know." Zion shook his head.

"It sounds quite mysterious." Lana nodded thoughtfully.

"Sister, the Origin of Qi is a secret technique of Infernal Mountain. Those qualified to cultivate it are few. Of course, it's mysterious." Cassius smiled.

"So, do you think Dustin can lift the person?" Lana asked curiously.

"It's definitely impossible to lift him forcefully. With the mountain-moving talisman suppressing him, no matter how strong the force is, it's useless. The best way is to break the restriction of the mountain-moving talisman first." Zion said.

"How do you break it?" Lana asked.

"How would I know?" Zion shrugged, speaking earnestly, "If I had the ability to break restrictions, would I be standing here chatting with you?"

"..." Lana rolled her eyes.

Didn't all that just amount to saying nothing?

"Next, it's up to Dustin to show his skills."

Zion squinted slightly, lightly waving his folding fan.

Ordinary people definitely couldn't break the Infernal Mountain talisman, but was Dustin an ordinary person?

"Mr. Dustin, we're sorry for our failure, please punish us."

Alana and Lila, holding their broken swords, walked up to Dustin to apologize.

As Dustin's bodyguards, not only had they been inactive before, but now they couldn't even handle such a small matter, feeling deeply ashamed.

"It's alright. The talismans of Infernal Mountain are indeed formidable. It's not something you two can shake off. Don't worry about it." Dustin smiled slightly, not concerned.

Chapter 2196: A crisp sound

"This gentleman, I suggest you give up. You can't break our junior apprentice brother's talisman. If you forcefully touch it, you'll only harm yourself and others," the round-faced Infernal Mountain disciple spoke again.

"Although Infernal Mountain's talismans are powerful, they are not invincible," Dustin said calmly.

"What? You're still not giving up?" The round-faced Infernal Mountain disciple frowned slightly. "Don't blame me for not warning you. The greater the force you apply to the talisman, the stronger the backlash will be. If you use too much force, you might even be in danger of losing your life."

"Thanks for the reminder. I know my limits," Dustin replied without saying much, stepping closer to Lion.

The crowd watched quietly, starting to whisper among themselves.

"What do you think? Can he do it? He looks quite confident."

"Confidence alone won't do anything. Infernal Mountain's mountain-moving talisman is not something an ordinary person can shake. Even if he's strong, can he really lift a mountain?"

"That's right! Apart from the people of Infernal Mountain, there are few in the world who can break the mountain-moving talisman!"

"If he has any self-awareness, he should surrender immediately, otherwise he might suffer severe injuries from the backlash of the talisman."

The group behind Raul didn't have much faith in Dustin.

Firstly, they hadn't seen Dustin fight Lion before, and secondly, the power of Infernal Mountain was deeply ingrained in their minds.

Especially the practitioners of talismans, they were the top experts of Infernal Mountain.

Every move they made exuded unmatched power.

"Dustin! Come on, don't embarrass us! Don't embarrass yourself!"

Lana nervously clenched her fists, muttering to herself.

No matter what, Dustin was on her side, so naturally, she hoped he would win.

"At the end of the technique lies the Origin of Qi. Coincidentally, I also have some knowledge of this technique," Dustin said with a faint smile, then bent down and reached out, grabbing directly towards the mountain-moving talisman.

At the moment before touching the talisman, a faint white light suddenly appeared on Dustin's fingertips.

The white light was soft, with no attack power, as clear as jade and as gentle as water.

The white light seemed spiritual, swiftly penetrating into the mountain-moving talisman.

Immediately after, the talisman flashed with light and quickly returned to calmness.

The next moment, Dustin's index and middle fingers lightly pinched the talisman, then gave a slight pull.

"Snap!"

A crisp sound.

The mountain-moving talisman, which ordinary people couldn't move, was effortlessly torn off by Dustin.

It was simple and easy, without any hindrance.

But it left everyone stunned and incredulous.

"Ho... how is this possible?!"

The round-faced Infernal Mountain disciple widened his eyes in shock.

The others had the same expression, seeming to doubt their own eyes, even rubbing them.

Are you kidding?

Infernal Mountain's mountain-moving talisman was just torn off like that?!

"Um..."

At that moment, even Karson froze.

His little finger was still in a nose-picking position, his expression one of astonishment.

It looked quite comical.

Chapter 2197: Martial world is indeed full of surprises

"What? How is this possible?"

"Didn't you say the mountain-moving talisman couldn't be torn off? How did he just pull it off so easily?"

"This is really strange! What did that guy just do?"

Looking at the talisman in Dustin's hand, everyone was speechless and amazed.

Infernal Mountain's reputation for its mountain-moving talisman was widely known. It was as heavy as a mountain and was not something that human strength could shake. Once forcibly torn, it would suffer severe backlash. The actions of Alana and Lila earlier were the best examples.

However, they had never expected that Dustin would be able to violate common sense and easily tear off the talisman.

It was simply unbelievable.

"What's going on? He just tore it off like that? It seems that the mountain-moving talisman you mentioned isn't that great after all," Lana said in astonishment, feeling a bit bewildered.

She thought it was so powerful, but it turned out to be like this?

"..."

Zion's mouth twitched, momentarily speechless.

The power of the talisman was unquestionable. Apart from Infernal Mountain disciples, there were only two possibilities for tearing off the talisman: either the person tearing it was much stronger than the one who made it, or they were proficient in spiritual techniques.

Other than that, there was no third possibility.

Dustin was able to tear off the talisman so effortlessly, without causing any ripples. Therefore, it was highly probable that he was proficient in spiritual techniques.

But these techniques were mostly secret arts, never passed on to outsiders.

He couldn't figure out where Dustin had learned them.

"Brother Dustin is truly extraordinary. He can even tear off Infernal Mountain's mountain-moving talisman. Amazing!" Cassius couldn't help but give him a thumbs up.

Not only was he skilled in fighting, but he also mastered mysterious techniques. Was there anything he couldn't do?

"It seems that we underestimated Young Master Dustin. I believe he will definitely shine in this martial arts competition," Willa said with a rare smile.

She couldn't compare to talents like Dustin. Now, she could only look up to and admire him.

"The talisman has been removed. According to the bet, this person should be mine now, right?" Dustin held the talisman in one hand and lifted Lion with the other.

"Interesting. It seems my old man was right. The martial world is indeed full of surprises." After a brief moment of surprise, Karson quickly laughed. "I wasn't interested in participating in this martial arts competition at first, but seeing you has aroused my curiosity. I hope to meet you on the arena."

"Is that so? Then I'll look forward to it," Dustin nodded slightly.

"Let's go, let's go home and sleep."

Stretching lazily, Karson didn't linger, just turned around and left, looking carefree.

The two Infernal Mountain disciples glanced at Dustin before following suit.

Although they didn't understand how Dustin did it, they could be sure that he was not simple.

Their junior apprentice brother was used to being lazy and indifferent, no matter what happened, he always acted like a salted fish. It was the first time they had seen him so interested in a person, even considering a challenge.

"Little brother Dustin, I didn't expect you to have such ability. It's really surprising!" Raul sighed.

Looking at Dustin, there seemed to be something more in their eyes.

Chapter 2198: Too modest

"Just learned some spiritual techniques, nothing impressive, really," Dustin said with a faint smile.

"Brother Dustin is too modest. If these are just trivial tricks to you, then I'm ashamed," Raul shook his head.

"Mr. Raul, about the death of your Elder Cayden, I'm sorry, but as you've seen, it has nothing to do with me," Dustin shrugged.

"Uh..."

Raul's expression froze for a moment, but he eventually nodded. "That's natural. Elder Cayden's death was purely accidental. We in the World Martial Arts Society are reasonable people and will never wrongly accuse a good person."

"Raul, Protector!"

At this, someone behind him was about to say something, but Raul raised his hand to interrupt, coldly questioning, "Everyone here saw it clearly. Elder Cayden was killed by a monster. Do you have any objections?"

"N-no, I dare not." The person immediately lowered his head.

He naturally wouldn't offend Raul for the sake of the deceased Cayden. Moreover, if someone was to blame, it couldn't be placed on Dustin's head. After all, he didn't kill anyone; he simply didn't save them.

"You guys, take Elder Cayden's body away and give him a decent burial!" Raul gestured.

"Yes!" Several World Martial Arts Society disciples immediately stepped forward and carried away Cayden's headless body.

"Brother Dustin, thank you for your help tonight. I have some trivial matters to attend to, so I'll take my leave now," Raul smiled, clasping his fists, and left with his group soon after.

He had seen all of Dustin's potential and knew he was not to be underestimated. Talents like him needed to be befriended.

Pursuing Dustin's responsibility for a dead person would not only bring no benefit but also invite trouble.

Of course, the most crucial point was that he had no relationship with Cayden, and their interactions had even been somewhat unpleasant. Cayden had been too arrogant and domineering, not giving him any respect. Dustin had to endure and suppress his anger at every turn because the other was a level higher. Now that Cayden was dead, not only was Dustin relieved of his anger, but he also had the opportunity to rise. Why wouldn't he take advantage of it?

Watching Raul and his group leave, Dustin took out several silver needles and inserted them into Lion's head, back of the neck, and back.

These needles were specifically used to seal Lion's acupuncture points, preventing it from turning into a beast again.

As long as the needles remained in its body, Lion's strength would be completely locked down.

Even with the cultivation of a martial arts master, it would be no different from an ordinary person.

"Alana, Lila."

After dealing with Lion, Dustin called out.

"Here!"

Alana and Lila immediately stepped forward and bowed.

"Take this person away and deliver him to your Miss tonight. Let her interrogate him thoroughly. If there's any news, report back immediately," Dustin instructed.

"Yes!"

Alana and Lila nodded without hesitation, immediately carrying the lion away.

Dustin watched their retreating figures, pondering.

Lion held many secrets, whether it was the assassin organization behind it or its ability to transform into a beast. All were crucial.

As long as he could grasp a bit of it, he could wield unexpected uses.

"Just learned some spiritual techniques, nothing impressive, really," Dustin said with a faint smile.

"Brother Dustin is too modest. If these are just trivial tricks to you, then I'm ashamed," Raul shook his head.

"Mr. Raul, about the death of your Elder Cayden, I'm sorry, but as you've seen, it has nothing to do with me," Dustin shrugged.

"Uh..."

Raul's expression froze for a moment, but he eventually nodded. "That's natural. Elder Cayden's death was purely accidental. We in the World Martial Arts Society are reasonable people and will never wrongly accuse a good person."

"Raul, Protector!"

At this, someone behind him was about to say something, but Raul raised his hand to interrupt, coldly questioning, "Everyone here saw it clearly. Elder Cayden was killed by a monster. Do you have any objections?"

He naturally wouldn't offend Raul for the sake of the deceased Cayden. Moreover, if someone was to blame, it couldn't be placed on Dustin's head. After all, he didn't kill anyone; he simply didn't save them.

"You guys, take Elder Cayden's body away and give him a decent burial!" Raul gestured.

"Yes!" Several World Martial Arts Society disciples immediately stepped forward and carried away Cayden's headless body.

"Brother Dustin, thank you for your help tonight. I have some trivial matters to attend to, so I'll take my leave now," Raul smiled, clasping his fists, and left with his group soon after.

He had seen all of Dustin's potential and knew he was not to be underestimated. Talents like him needed to be befriended.

Pursuing Dustin's responsibility for a dead person would not only bring no benefit but also invite trouble.

Of course, the most crucial point was that he had no relationship with Cayden, and their interactions had even been somewhat unpleasant. Cayden had been too arrogant and domineering, not giving him any respect. Dustin had to endure and suppress his anger at every turn because the other was a level higher. Now that Cayden was dead, not only was Dustin relieved of his anger, but he also had the opportunity to rise. Why wouldn't he take advantage of it?

Watching Raul and his group leave, Dustin took out several silver needles and inserted them into Lion's head, back of the neck, and back.

These needles were specifically used to seal Lion's acupuncture points, preventing it from turning into a beast again.

As long as the needles remained in its body, Lion's strength would be completely locked down.

Even with the cultivation of a martial arts master, it would be no different from an ordinary person.

"Alana, Lila."

"Here!"

"Take this person away and deliver him to your Miss tonight. Let her interrogate him thoroughly. If there's any news, report back immediately," Dustin instructed.

"Yes!"

Lion held many secrets, whether it was the assassin organization behind it or its ability to transform into a beast. All were crucial.

After a long time there was a mention of Margret ... now just thinking when will there be a mention of Natasha and Dahlia?
thankyou for the chapters Grandmaster Namzul

"Uh..."

"Raul, Protector!"

"Alana, Lila."

"Here!"

"Yes!"

Appreciate your hard work master Nazmul. 🙏

"Uh..."

"Raul, Protector!"

"Alana, Lila."

"Here!"

"Yes!"

Thanks Grandmaster Nazmul 😊 its worth the wait👍👍

Chapter 2199: The competition day

The night's turmoil quickly passed.

The next morning, there was a bustling scene atop Infernal Mountain, with people crowded everywhere.

Because today was the official start of the martial arts competition.

Whether participants or spectators, they all flocked in.

An event like this, unprecedented in Infernal Mountain, had already spread throughout the entire martial world.

Major sects and forces, basically everyone who could come, had arrived.

Even if not participating in the competition, just watching the excitement was hugely attractive.

Because everyone knew that this competition gathered geniuses, a rare sight in a century.

Missing this opportunity meant there might not be another chance.

The martial arts competition on Infernal Mountain lasted for a total of five days.

The first three days were for the contestants from groups C and B to compete. Among many elites, the most formidable ones would be selected after multiple rounds of elimination to join Group A and compete with the talents in Group A.

The fourth day was the battle for the top 32 to advance to the quarter-finals.

The fifth day was the semifinals and finals.

It's worth mentioning that the number of spots for advancement in groups C and B was very limited, determined by the number of people in Group A.

Simply put, the total of BC group qualifiers plus Group A participants had to be thirty-two.

If Group A had over twenty people, then there would be less than ten spots left for the BC groups.

To emerge as one of the final ten from among thousands of contestants was incredibly difficult.

After all, the contestants were all at the innate realm, with hardly any weaklings.

Many martial artists were considered geniuses in their own territories.

However, here, geniuses were everywhere, with little difference.

It's like those hardworking elite students who were top in their schools and the focus of attention.

But when they finally made it to prestigious universities, they realized they were just ordinary people, nothing to be proud of.

Because everyone around them was also elite, selected from various places.

It's a cruel reality, but also a motivation to strive harder.

At this moment, in the spectator stands on Infernal Mountain,

Dustin and Zion and their group had already taken their seats early, securing their spots.

As participants, they could enter the viewing area to rest early with their numbered cards.

Otherwise, once the audience officially entered, they wouldn't even have seats and would have to stand to watch.

After all, there were too many spectators this time, it was completely packed.

To maintain order, not only did all the disciples of Infernal Mountain mobilize, but the authorities also deployed the military to guard.

Such a large-scale event was very rare.

"This martial arts competition, truly extraordinary talents have emerged, with masters gathering!"

Cassius looked around, his spirits high: "Look over there, they're all disciples of the Duck Sect, each one beautiful and talented."

Chapter 2200: Lotus mark

"Look over there, the bald monks, they're all martial monks from the Golden Pavilion Temple, masters of the Shaolin Seventy-Two Arts, proficient in everything. When it comes to fighting, they can take on a hundred opponents single-handedly, it's completely effortless!"

"To the west! Do you see those people over there? They're all disciples of the mysterious sword sect. Although they all have their shortcomings, their cultivation is exceptionally strong, and I've heard they're also adept at the legendary Sword Control Technique!"

Cassius gestured left and right, continuously introducing the major sects.

Especially when it came to the mysterious sword sect, he became even more excited, as if he had seen some extraordinary phenomenon.

As a result, the attention of Dustin and his group was drawn over.

There were three disciples of the mysterious sword sect in total.

Two men and one woman, all wearing black robes that covered them completely, leaving only their eyes visible.

"Senior Brother, they're all masked, how do you know they're from the mysterious sword sect?" Lana asked curiously.

"It's precisely because they're masked that they appear mysterious." Cassius replied.

"What? Just that?" Lana was a little puzzled, feeling incredulous.

Was that even a reason? It seemed too far-fetched!

"Hahaha...just teasing you."

Cassius shook his head with a laugh, then explained, "Although I haven't seen disciples of the mysterious sword sect, I know that the swords they carry all have a special lotus mark on them, and this mark is the symbol of the mysterious sword sect."

"Lotus mark?"

Lana squinted and carefully examined, indeed noticing a white lotus flower engraved on the hilts of the swords of the three individuals.

Above the lotus flower, there was also a suspended sword.

It looked quite peculiar.

"Wow, it's really there!"

Lana's eyes lit up, then she asked, "But Senior Brother, how do you know all this?"

"The Sword Sect's library contains information about all the swords in the world, and the mysterious sword sect is one of the focal points. If you didn't know, it's because you usually waste your time and don't study hard." Suddenly, Willa chimed in.

"Sis, I just joined the sect not long ago, you're being too strict on me." Lana pouted, feeling a bit unhappy.

"As a disciple of the Sword Sect, there's an annual assessment. If you fail the assessment, you'll be expelled from the sect. I hope you understand that cultivation is like sailing against the current. If you don't advance, you'll regress. Even if you have extraordinary talent, if you keep being lazy, you'll eventually be surpassed by others." Willa said sternly.

"Alright, alright, I got it. After this martial arts competition, I'll definitely practice diligently and won't slack off!" Lana held up three fingers, making a solemn vow.

"It's better be so." Willa nodded, no longer saying much.

Her words just now weren't just to persuade Lana but also a warning to herself.

In this world, there were many geniuses, people more talented and diligent than her were countless.

She needed to work even harder to improve herself, otherwise, she wouldn't even be able to catch a glimpse of the shadows of those top geniuses.

Chapter 2201: Nurturing the sword

"Speaking of which, disciples of the mysterious sword sect do deserve special attention."

Cassius rubbed his chin, looking at the three individuals ahead dressed in black robes, and continued, "Their Sword Control Technique is both mysterious and powerful. Decapitating enemies from kilometers away is child's play for them. Challenging opponents above their level is commonplace. If I could learn their Sword Control Technique, I believe I could make a name for myself in the martial world."

"The Sword Control Technique is the unique skill of the mysterious sword sect and has never been passed down. Initially, our sect's elder was willing to exchange it with three major secrets, but unfortunately, it was still refused." Willa shook her head.

Anything related to swords would be highly valued by the Sword Sect.

Be it famous swords, sword manuals, sword techniques, or swordsmanship, the Sword Sect would spare no expense to collect them whenever there was an opportunity.

"In fact, I know a thing or two about the Sword Control Technique."

At this moment, Dustin suddenly spoke up.

"What?"

Cassius's expression froze, staring in surprise, "Brother Dustin, are you kidding? You're proficient in the Sword Control Technique?"

"I wouldn't say proficient, just scratched the surface." Dustin smiled lightly.

The library of the Western Lucozia Royal Palace contained too many ancient books, and he had been fond of reading since childhood, with an eidetic memory.

Anything he had read, he remembered.

Especially since he had been practicing swordsmanship since childhood, he had delved quite deeply into swordsmanship-related knowledge.

He naturally understood a bit about the Sword Control Technique.

"The Sword Control Technique is a legendary skill. Being able to understand some of its essence is already impressive!"

Cassius exclaimed excitedly, "I never expected you to be so knowledgeable. If it's convenient, why not share it with us? If you could impart some knowledge, that would be even better."

"Yeah, yeah! If you could share the insights of the Sword Control Technique with our sect, we would definitely reward you generously!" Lana's face was full of joy.

This was a great opportunity to merit, and if they could get hold of the Sword Control Technique, they would surely receive commendation upon returning.

"No need for rewards. If you're really interested, I'll talk to you about it."

Dustin picked up his teacup and took a sip, smiling as he said, "Actually, there's more than one cultivation method for the Sword Control Technique, but they all revolve around one principle: nurturing the sword!"

"Nurturing the sword? What does that mean?"

Lana was puzzled, not understanding.

Cassius and Willa exchanged a glance, equally puzzled.

It was Zion who suddenly opened his folding fan, revealing a pensive expression.

"The so-called nurturing of the sword first requires owning your own sword root."

"Before the sword root is truly formed, the wielder needs to nourish it with their essence and blood every day, constantly refining it. On one hand, it's to remove impurities from the sword root, and on the other hand, it's to cultivate its spirituality."

"And this process is long and arduous, with no shortcuts. It requires constant practice and accumulation over time."

"Generally speaking, to cultivate the sword root into a spiritual sword capable of flying with Sword Control Technique, it takes at least ten years of effort."

"During these ten years, one must not slack off, be lazy, or make any mistakes, otherwise, all previous efforts will be in vain!"

Chapter 2202: Sword Control Technique

"After obtaining their own spiritual sword, the wielder can truly begin to learn the art of sword control."

"In other words, the ten years of arduous training is only the foundation for learning sword control. There will be even more difficult paths ahead."

After finishing his words, Dustin took another sip of tea.

"What? It takes ten years just to get started? That's too difficult!" Lana sighed, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

The little spark of interest she had just ignited vanished instantly.

She wasn't someone who could endure hardship. Asking her to hammer the sword root day after day, and each hammer taking ten years, she couldn't persist.

And she wasn't alone. Ninety-nine percent of the martial artists in the world couldn't do it either.

"Even though Sword Control is powerful, it's impossible to learn without talent and perseverance," Dustin shrugged.

He used to think Sword Control was cool and even tried it for a while, but later, due to certain reasons, he didn't continue practicing.

Now, although he could achieve the effect of killing with a flying sword through his cultivation and skills, it didn't count as Sword Control.

It wasn't as flexible, and the damage wasn't as great.

"Forget it, forget it, I can't learn this kind of thing. I'll just be an idle fish." Lana stretched lazily, decisively giving up.

"No wonder Sword Control practitioners are so rare in the martial world. It turns out the learning curve is so steep. At our current age, it's clearly impossible to start from scratch." Cassius shook his head, choosing to give up.

As the saying goes, one minute on stage takes ten years of practice offstage.

Although Sword Control was impressive, it was too difficult to practice. One small mistake could make years of hard work go to waste.

"What a pity," Willa sighed inwardly.

She was eager to become stronger now, so when she heard about Sword Control, she was particularly looking forward to it.

However, she didn't expect Sword Control to be so difficult. Even for someone with extraordinary talent, it would take at least ten years of practice.

With so much time, she could completely master the unique skills of the Sword Sect. Why bother seeking something so far-fetched?

"I remember some basics of Sword Control techniques. If you're interested, I'll write them down for you after we return to the hotel tonight," Dustin said.

"I'm not interested anymore. You can ask them if they are." Lana picked up a lollipop, half-laying on the chair, put on her earphones, and started listening to music.

"I appreciate your kindness, but I know I can't do it." Cassius smiled wryly, declining politely.

He knew himself well enough. It was absolutely impossible for him to practice Sword Control.

Why owe Dustin a favor for something he couldn't learn?

"Don't look at me, I don't practice swordsmanship, why would I need the techniques of Sword Control?" Zion shrugged.

"I don't need Sword Control, but the Sword Sect does. If Master Dustin is willing to trade, I can help you negotiate." Willa nodded slightly.

"For now, there's no need for a trade. Let's talk about it another time if the opportunity arises." Dustin smiled.

He could treat Sword Control as a gift to his friends, but he wouldn't trade it for a profit.

At least, he didn't lack anything at the moment.

Chapter 2202: Sword Control Technique

"After obtaining their own spiritual sword, the wielder can truly begin to learn the art of sword control."

"In other words, the ten years of arduous training is only the foundation for learning sword control. There will be even more difficult paths ahead."

After finishing his words, Dustin took another sip of tea.

"What? It takes ten years just to get started? That's too difficult!" Lana sighed, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

The little spark of interest she had just ignited vanished instantly.

She wasn't someone who could endure hardship. Asking her to hammer the sword root day after day, and each hammer taking ten years, she couldn't persist.

And she wasn't alone. Ninety-nine percent of the martial artists in the world couldn't do it either.

"Even though Sword Control is powerful, it's impossible to learn without talent and perseverance," Dustin shrugged.

He used to think Sword Control was cool and even tried it for a while, but later, due to certain reasons, he didn't continue practicing.

Now, although he could achieve the effect of killing with a flying sword through his cultivation and skills, it didn't count as Sword Control.

It wasn't as flexible, and the damage wasn't as great.

"Forget it, forget it, I can't learn this kind of thing. I'll just be an idle fish." Lana stretched lazily, decisively giving up.

"No wonder Sword Control practitioners are so rare in the martial world. It turns out the learning curve is so steep. At our current age, it's clearly impossible to start from scratch." Cassius shook his head, choosing to give up.

As the saying goes, one minute on stage takes ten years of practice offstage.

Although Sword Control was impressive, it was too difficult to practice. One small mistake could make years of hard work go to waste.

"What a pity," Willa sighed inwardly.

She was eager to become stronger now, so when she heard about Sword Control, she was particularly looking forward to it.

However, she didn't expect Sword Control to be so difficult. Even for someone with extraordinary talent, it would take at least ten years of practice.

With so much time, she could completely master the unique skills of the Sword Sect. Why bother seeking something so far-fetched?

"I remember some basics of Sword Control techniques. If you're interested, I'll write them down for you after we return to the hotel tonight," Dustin said.

"I'm not interested anymore. You can ask them if they are." Lana picked up a lollipop, half-laying on the chair, put on her earphones, and started listening to music.

"I appreciate your kindness, but I know I can't do it." Cassius smiled wryly, declining politely.

He knew himself well enough. It was absolutely impossible for him to practice Sword Control.

Why owe Dustin a favor for something he couldn't learn?

"Don't look at me, I don't practice swordsmanship, why would I need the techniques of Sword Control?" Zion shrugged.

"I don't need Sword Control, but the Sword Sect does. If Master Dustin is willing to trade, I can help you negotiate." Willa nodded slightly.

"For now, there's no need for a trade. Let's talk about it another time if the opportunity arises." Dustin smiled.

He could treat Sword Control as a gift to his friends, but he wouldn't trade it for a profit.

At least, he didn't lack anything at the moment.
Thanks Grandmaster Nazmul 👍