An Understated Dominance Chapter 1301 to Chapter 2422 - English Version Translated by NAZMUL

English Version Translated by NAZMUL

An Understated Dominance is a Urban novel for men, telling a story of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys had been married for three years. "An Understated Dominance" delves into themes of ambition, power and the price of success. The novel explores the complexities of relationships and so on.

Chapter 2375: The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra

"Boom!!"

Under the watchful eyes of the crowd, Josiah's Great Compassion Palm, with the power to destroy everything, fiercely struck Zion on the head. Accompanied by a loud noise, a terrifying energy wave swept outwards like a tidal wave. The momentum was immense and the pressure was terrifying.

The audience below the stage only felt a gust of wind blowing in their faces, making their hair stand on end and their eyes unable to open.

After a few breaths, when everything calmed down, the scene on the stage was beyond everyone's expectations.

In their view, if Zion did not dodge or avoid Josiah's powerful strike, he would have no chance of survival. However, contrary to their expectations, Zion, who took the strike head-on, not only didn't die but was standing perfectly fine. His entire body was unscathed, and even his clothes were clean and spotless.

This scene stunned everyone. They had no idea what had happened at the last moment, nor could they understand why Zion didn't have a single scratch. Could it be that Josiah had held back at the last moment? It shouldn't be! The shockwave from the collision was real, and they had felt the intense pressure even from below the stage.

"What’s going on? That pretty boy is still alive?"

"This is strange. With the Arhat Skill and the Great Compassion Palm, that pretty boy shouldn't have been able to withstand it."

"Damn! Could it be that we’ve seen a ghost?"

Seeing Zion unharmed, the audience looked at each other in confusion. They were very dissatisfied with this outcome.

"Did I see it wrong? That handsome guy from No. 19 actually blocked Josiah's attack?" Violet widened her eyes in surprise. When Josiah activated the Arhat Skill and used the Great Compassion Palm, she thought Zion was doomed. She never expected him to come out unscathed, which was beyond her expectations.

"I saw a white light flash on No. 19 just now. Could it be because of that white light?" Lily showed a puzzled expression.

"It's the protective technique of Harmonious Sect, the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra," Margaret explained in a timely manner.

"The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra? Is it powerful?" Violet was curious.

"Of course, it's powerful," Margaret explained with a smile. "The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra is as famous as the Golden Light Mantra of Infernal Mountain. Both are top-tier protective techniques. Once mastered, one can be invulnerable to swords and spears, as well as immune to fire and water."

"As famous as the Golden Light Mantra? No wonder it could block Josiah's Great Compassion Palm," Violet was secretly astonished. Although she didn't know much about the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, she had heard a lot about the Golden Light Mantra of Infernal Mountain. The fact that a technique could be on par with the Golden Light Mantra was enough to prove its extraordinary nature.

Chapter 2376: Our lives are left to fate

"If Number 19 has the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra for protection, then today's battle is bound to be a good fight," Lily said excitedly.

Josiah's attacks were powerful, but Zion's defense was equally formidable. One side wielded a spear, the other a shield. Would the spear pierce the shield, or would the shield withstand the spear? It was worth anticipating.

"Master Josiah, what do you think? Do I now qualify to see your true skills?"

On the stage, Zion gently fanned himself, his smile unchanged, remaining as graceful and charming as ever, causing the young girls in the audience to swoon.

"Was what you used just now the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra?" Josiah asked, frowning.

Unlike his previous disdain, his expression had become very serious.

"Master, you have a keen eye. It was indeed the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra," Zion admitted openly.

"I didn't expect you to be from Harmonious Sect."

Josiah looked Zion up and down, then praised, "To have mastered the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra at such a young age, you truly are a genius. It seems today I won't be able to take you down without showing some real skill."

The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was renowned for its defensive prowess. Once activated, it was as if a Wisdom King descended, unshakable and immovable. To break its defense required full effort.

"Master Josiah, please," Zion said with a smile, extending his hand.

"Clang~!"

With a soft sound, Josiah finally drew the ceremonial knife from his waist. The knife was not long, just over two feet, entirely ice blue, with wave-like patterns on the blade. Under the sunlight, the knife emitted a faint icy blue glow, looking very beautiful.

"This knife is called Evil Slayer. It is two feet three inches long, two inches wide, forged from extraterrestrial meteorite, indestructible, and can cut through iron like mud. It has been my companion for thirteen years, slaying countless evils!"

Josiah held the knife horizontally before him, his fingers stroking the blade as he introduced it.

"A good knife!" Zion couldn't help but praise after examining it closely.

"It's a good knife, but I don't use it lightly, because once it's drawn, it must taste blood."

Josiah said indifferently, "Since you want me to get serious, be prepared to die under this knife. We have no personal enmity, so I don't wish to kill. I will give you one last chance: if you admit defeat now, you can save your life. But if you insist on continuing, you bear the consequences!"

"I appreciate your kindness, Master, but since I have stepped onto this stage, I have no intention of backing down. Please, Master, do your best. Our lives are left to fate," Zion said, unfazed.

"A good resolve, leaving life and death to fate! Since you won't heed my advice, don't blame me for being ruthless!"

Josiah's eyes turned cold, and without further ado, he suddenly shot forward. The Evil Slayer knife in his hand slashed toward Zion's head with lightning speed.

Chapter 2377: Experts can discern skill with just a glance

Josiah's blade moved with such speed that it was almost a mere blue flash. Unlike the Arhat Skill and the Great Compassion Palm, this was pure physical strength—extreme speed and explosive power. As the blade sliced through the air, it split the very atmosphere without making a sound.

"What a fast blade!" Willa's pupils contracted as she watched from the audience, her face showing shock. The saying goes that experts can discern skill with just a glance, and Josiah's simple slash displayed terrifying speed and power. At that moment, she understood the true horror of an ascetic monk—not only was his cultivation profound, but even his physical body had been honed to the extreme. Such individuals could easily surpass their level and challenge martial arts grandmasters!

"Clang!"

Before the audience could react, Josiah's fast blade had already struck Zion solidly. However, at the moment the Evil Slayer blade landed, a white light flashed from Zion's body. The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was activated again! Josiah's blade only caused ripples on the surface of Zion's body, failing to harm him.

Without hesitation, Josiah followed with another slash, aimed horizontally at Zion's chest. This strike was equally fast and fierce, with incredible power, making it nearly impossible to defend against.

"Buzz~!"

White light emerged from Zion's body once more, blocking Josiah's second strike. Josiah seemed to have anticipated this, showing no expression as he continued his assault. He began to swing the Evil Slayer blade frantically, sending blue flashes flying through the air, intermixed with flickers of white light.

The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was renowned for its defense—once activated, it made the user invulnerable to weapons and impervious to fire and water. Josiah knew its power well. It was evident that breaking the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra with the Evil Slayer blade alone was unlikely unless Zion's true energy was exhausted and he could no longer sustain the mantra.

Thus, Josiah's strategy was simple: relentless, fierce attacks to continuously drain Zion's energy. Once Zion's true energy waned, his opportunity would come.

As an ascetic monk, Josiah's physical strength was honed to perfection. Without relying on true energy, his speed and power alone could unleash terrifying destructive force. He specialized in prolonged battles. Most martial artists, once their true energy was depleted, would lose most of their strength. But Josiah would only grow stronger as the fight progressed.

No matter how formidable the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was, Josiah believed that with relentless and fierce attacks, he would eventually break through it. With this mindset, Josiah launched a fierce and intense onslaught.

Chapter 2378: Just warming up

Josiah slashed at Zion relentlessly, one strike after another. In contrast, Zion remained on the defensive, allowing Josiah to continue his assault. Initially, the audience couldn't discern any significant details and thought Josiah's efforts were futile. However, as time went on, many began to notice something amiss.

The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was indeed formidable, providing nearly absolute defense. However, even the most powerful techniques had weaknesses. The greatest flaw of the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra was its enormous consumption of true energy. Without profound cultivation to support it, it couldn't be sustained for long. Though Zion was impressive, he was still too young. Continuously using the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra like this would likely exhaust his energy in less than the time it took to burn an incense stick. At that point, he would become a lamb waiting for slaughter.

"Sis, why isn't Mr. Zion fighting back? Isn't he at a disadvantage this way?" Lana asked, staring intently at the stage in confusion.

"Josiah's blade is too fast, and his attacks are relentless without any pause. Mr. Zion is using the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, and if he attempts to counterattack, it's easy for Josiah to exploit a flaw," Willa replied with a serious expression.

"That bald monk is a freak, as if he has endless energy. Who can withstand that?" Cassius said with a frown. "If this continues, once Mr. Zion's true energy is depleted and he can't use the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, it's over for him!"

"That's the terrifying aspect of an ascetic monk," Willa sighed. Ascetic monks were adept at both internal and external cultivation, possessing not only profound skill but also incredible physical strength. In a prolonged battle, even multiple opponents couldn't match them.

"It looks like that handsome guy from Number 19 is struggling," Violet remarked after observing for a while. "Although the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra is powerful, that ascetic monk is relentless. His blade strikes are like waves, each one stronger than the last. And it seems he hasn't even used his full strength yet—what a monster!"

"The number of ascetic monks is extremely rare, and none of them are ordinary. Fortunately, Josiah hasn't reached the grandmaster level yet, or it would be even more terrifying," Margaret said. Josiah was currently at the threshold of becoming a grandmaster, but his strength was already comparable to that of a grandmaster. In fact, some ordinary martial grandmasters might not even be able to defeat him.

"So, does that mean the handsome guy from Number 19 is doomed to lose?" Lily asked, worried.

"Not necessarily," Dustin replied calmly. "Josiah is indeed formidable, but Zion is no less impressive. They are just warming up. The outcome is still uncertain."

Chapter 2379: You needn't have any burden

"Oh? Dr. Dustin, are you so confident? Does this Harmonious Sect fellow have more tricks up his sleeve?" Violet raised an eyebrow, looking curious.

"The Harmonious Sect has more than just the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra as its unique skill. Since Zion dared to enter the competition, he surely has some hidden cards. I believe his strength will not be limited to this," Dustin said calmly.

With his sharp eyesight, Dustin could see that Zion had not yet exerted his full strength. Though Zion appeared carefree and frivolous on the surface, he was actually deeply concealed. Reaching Group A would be no problem at all.

"Since Dr. Dustin has such high expectations, let's wait and see what surprises this Harmonious Sect fellow has in store," Violet smiled slightly, no longer questioning Dustin's judgment. She was merely curious about what abilities Zion possessed that made Dustin hold him in such high regard.

At this moment, on the stage, Josiah continued his relentless assault, slashing one strike after another without the slightest pause. In his hand, the Evil Slayer blade danced wildly, drawing one beautiful yet deadly blue arc after another.

"Kid! Surrender! The Immovable Wisdom King Mantra won't protect you for long. Once your true energy is exhausted, you'll be doomed!" Seeing that he couldn't make progress, Josiah started using psychological tactics. Although he was confident of his victory, he didn't want to waste too much stamina and true energy on Zion because he had more matches to fight afterward. Excessive consumption would definitely reduce his subsequent combat effectiveness.

"Master, draining my true energy won't be so easy. You'll need to bring out stronger moves. These attacks alone are far from enough," Zion said with a smile, leisurely shaking his folding fan, looking completely unhurried. His demeanor was like that of an uninvolved spectator.

"Kid! I'm giving you a chance; don't be ungrateful!" Josiah's voice grew colder. "We have no deep-seated enmity. I don't wish to commit more killings, so I've been holding back. If you persist, don't blame me for being ruthless!"

"In a battle on the stage, life and death are in the hands of fate. Master, feel free to unleash your skills. If I lose, it will be because my skills are inferior. You needn't have any burden," Zion replied with a smile.

"Fine, fine, fine! Since you're so ungrateful, don't blame me for being impolite!" Zion's attitude successfully infuriated Josiah. He had intended to reserve some of his lethal moves for stronger opponents later on, but it seemed he would have to use them early. If he continued to be worn down by the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, it would only result in greater losses.

Chapter 2380: Snow Meets Summer

"Hiss~!"

Suddenly, Josiah's onslaught came to a halt as he took a long, deep breath. In an instant, the Evil Slayer blade in his hand glowed intensely blue, becoming extraordinarily piercing. A terrifying aura erupted from within Josiah.

"Boom!"

It seemed as though thunder resounded in the sky. The next moment, strong winds whipped up all around, and a chilling cold enveloped the entire arena. The spectators shivered involuntarily and instinctively tightened their clothing, as if they had suddenly been transported from a sunny day to a frigid icy landscape.

"What’s going on? Why did it suddenly get so cold?"

"There's something strange about that blade; the cold emanating from it is terrifying!"

"It looks like Master Josiah is about to unleash his ultimate move!"

The sudden turn of events sparked a flurry of discussions among the audience. Unlike the ferocious rapid attacks from before, Josiah now resembled a crouching tiger, ready to deliver a fatal strike at any moment.

"Snow Meets Summer!"

After a brief moment of gathering energy, Josiah suddenly shouted, and with a powerful downward swing, aimed the Evil Slayer blade at Zion’s head. At the same time, a bizarre scene unfolded. As the blade descended, the initially cold blue light abruptly turned into a scorching red glow. The temperature around them skyrocketed.

The crowd felt as if they had gone from a freezing winter to a blistering summer in an instant. The rapid shift from extreme cold to extreme heat caused many to experience accelerated heartbeats, nausea, and a general sense of discomfort.

"Buzz~!"

The Evil Slayer blade emitted a faint hum as the violent energy twisted the air and made the ground tremble.

"What a technique, Snow Meets Summer!"

Zion's eyes lit up at Josiah's sudden change in blade technique, showing a newfound interest. At that moment, he did something that shocked everyone. He dispelled the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, abandoning his defense. Instead, he used his folding fan as a sword and swiftly thrust it towards Josiah's Evil Slayer blade.

"Hmph! Courting death!"

Josiah snorted coldly, increasing the force of his blade, bringing it down with even more terrifying power. In his view, Zion's action was nothing short of suicidal. If Zion had fully utilized the Immovable Wisdom King Mantra, this strike might not have broken his defense. But to Josiah's surprise, Zion had chosen to abandon his defense and switch to offense. This was akin to a moth flying into the flame, courting its own destruction!

Chapter 2381: Impressive

Under the intense scrutiny of the audience, Josiah's Evil Slayer blade collided fiercely with Zion's folding fan.

To be precise, Zion's folding fan stabbed directly onto the edge of Josiah's blade.

"Bang!"

A loud explosion resounded. At the moment their weapons made contact, a powerful energy ripple emanated from the point of impact, sweeping outward in all directions. The energy wave scattered dust and debris, creating a cloud of smoke. Those spectators closest to the stage were blown back by the wind and sand, unable to keep their eyes open.

On the stage, the two fighters were locked in a stalemate following the collision. Zion's folding fan, used like a sword, pressed against the edge of Josiah's blade. One was slashing downward, the other thrusting upward, and they were evenly matched in their confrontation.

This scene left the audience stunned.

"Holy crap! He actually blocked it? What's going on?"

"Master Josiah's strike had the power of a Grandmaster, an attack capable of devastating everything. I can't believe that pretty boy managed to use finesse to counteract force and block this fatal blow. Impressive!"

"Damn it! How did he not die from that?"

The crowd erupted into a cacophony of voices—some were shocked, others annoyed, and some disappointed. Most of the audience was displeased with this outcome. There was a mysterious hostility towards Zion and a strong favoritism towards Josiah, not to mention substantial bets placed on Josiah. They had believed that the previous strike would decide the match. Unexpectedly, the pretty boy they had underestimated possessed extraordinary skill. He had accurately found a flaw in the terrifying blade's assault and countered it.

Even those like Violet couldn't help but reassess Zion. Previously curious about why Dustin had so much confidence in Zion, they now saw that Dustin's words were not unfounded. Zion indeed harbored many surprises.

"Hmm?"

On the stage, Josiah frowned as he looked at the unscathed Zion, who was just within arm's reach. Like the audience, Josiah had believed that his strike would easily kill Zion. He hadn't anticipated that Zion would block his full-strength attack with just a folding fan.

Who exactly is this kid?

"Buzz~!"

Josiah didn't relent. He gripped the hilt of his blade with both hands and began to press down with all his might. The Evil Slayer blade trembled slightly, its blue glow intensifying. His blade was now positioned right over Zion's shoulder and neck. With enough force, he could overpower Zion's weapon and inflict serious injury. After all, Josiah was a practicing ascetic monk, and in terms of physical strength, he far surpassed ordinary martial artists, especially in raw power.

Chapter 2382: A life-for-a-life confrontation

However, despite the good idea, Josiah quickly sensed that something was wrong.

No matter how hard he exerted himself, his own blade could not make any progress.

It was as if what stood before him was not just a folding fan, but an immovable mountain.

Clearly, the opponent's strength surpassed his own!

"How is this possible?!"

Josiah's pupils contracted, feeling secretly alarmed.

He was always confident in his strength, so why couldn't he gain any advantage over Zion?

Could it be that this young man before him possessed innate divine power?

"I refuse to believe you have no flaws!"

Gritting his teeth, Josiah did not give up. Suddenly, his Evil Slayer Blade in hand shifted from a chop to a slash, aiming horizontally at Zion's neck.

This strike didn't carry great force, but it emphasized speed, catching Zion off guard.

Zion didn't dodge or defend. Facing Josiah's swift blade slashing towards his neck, the folding fan in his hand acted like a sword, thrusting fiercely towards Josiah's chest.

This stance was clearly a life-for-a-life confrontation.

Normally, anyone would instinctively choose to evade or defend.

However, Josiah remained unfazed. He was confident that he could decapitate Zion before the latter could pierce his chest.

"Clang!"

"Bang!"

Two distinct sounds almost simultaneously rang out.

The first, slightly faster, was Josiah's blade, accurately striking Zion's neck.

Yet, upon touching the skin, it was blocked by Zion's unmoving Vajra Seal.

The blade hit the seal, producing a clang of metal, and causing a ripple to spread.

The second sound, slightly slower, was the folding fan in Zion's hand, making contact with Josiah's chest.

Although this blow did not inflict serious injury on Josiah, it forced him back several steps.

This clash determined the superior fighter between the two.

Simultaneously, it stunned the audience present.

Most had placed their bets on Josiah, some even betting heavily.

They believed Josiah would easily defeat Zion.

However, the current situation defied everyone's expectations.

Not only did Josiah fail to win, but he was also at a disadvantage in the confrontation.

Though only pushed back a few steps and not substantively injured, this unexpected turn made those who had bet heavily inexplicably nervous.

Deep within their hearts, an unsettling premonition emerged.

Could it be happening? Could Josiah actually lose?

This thought quickly spread uncontrollably.

Many became increasingly afraid and anxious.

The situation had completely slipped out of their control.

No matter how hard he exerted himself, his own blade could not make any progress.

It was as if what stood before him was not just a folding fan, but an immovable mountain.

"How is this possible?!"

He was always confident in his strength, so why couldn't he gain any advantage over Zion?

Gritting his teeth, Josiah did not give up. Suddenly, his Evil Slayer Blade in hand shifted from a chop to a slash, aiming horizontally at Zion's neck.

This strike didn't carry great force, but it emphasized speed, catching Zion off guard.

Zion didn't dodge or defend. Facing Josiah's swift blade slashing towards his neck, the folding fan in his hand acted like a sword, thrusting fiercely towards Josiah's chest.

However, Josiah remained unfazed. He was confident that he could decapitate Zion before the latter could pierce his chest.

"Clang!"

"Bang!"

The first, slightly faster, was Josiah's blade, accurately striking Zion's neck.

The blade hit the seal, producing a clang of metal, and causing a ripple to spread.

The second sound, slightly slower, was the folding fan in Zion's hand, making contact with Josiah's chest.

Although this blow did not inflict serious injury on Josiah, it forced him back several steps.

Not only did Josiah fail to win, but he was also at a disadvantage in the confrontation.

Though only pushed back a few steps and not substantively injured, this unexpected turn made those who had bet heavily inexplicably nervous.

Abigail's gonna be rich cause of Zion .

"How is this possible?!"

"Clang!"

"Bang!"

Thanks Grandmaster Nazmul 😊

Thanks a lot IGM Nazmul bro

could Zion also be in Heavenly rankings and Zion might not be his real name? like Dustin
It's a possibility as well, or maybe Zion could be Dustin's distant cousin/relative as well...

Last edited:
Distant cousin? Why would you think that
His identity is somewhat mysterious, and Dustin never saw him fighting yet he predicted that Zion might win against the formidable opponent like this Monk.

Somehow I have a hunch that Dustin and Zion might be related. It's just purely my thoughts.

He is formidable, I doubt he is in top ten ranking. He's just a strong pretty boy
Acctualy in next couple of chapters he will show really great strenght. He is more powerful than ordinary grandmaster...
He is for sure on list of geniuses...