An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Hello to the beautiful people of Kijiji Kingdom! Today, the author has no updates for us, so it's a perfect time to spend with friends, family, and the things you love most! Be safe, and don't forget to spread the word about our little realm here. It's our small way to support this site.

Wow! No updates!!
Just when I was expecting some actions!
I doubt if the author run out of ideas!
This is really heartbreaking..
Maybe she got stuffs to do too!
Anyways we keep waiting on you *Immortal grandmaster junlee!

CHAPTER 2399 HAVE REPAID ALL THE DEBTS OWED

"At this point, there's nothing more to discuss. Back off! All of you, step back!"

Cedrick continued to roar, signalling everyone to retreat.

Returning to the sect to confess was clearly not an option. His only hope for survival now was to take Lara as a hostage and seek refuge in the Pantheon.

"Cedrick, you can't escape. Release Lara, and I promise to spare your life."

Vincent frowned, his expression serious.

In a one-on-one situation, he was confident he could instantly defeat Cedrick.

But now that Cedrick had a hostage, he was cautious and didn't dare to take any risks.

If Lara got hurt, he would be the guilty one.

"Elder Brother, repent in time. Stop making mistakes repeatedly."

Lara's face showed pain, her voice hoarse as she urged, "If you stop now, confess willingly, I can plead with Father for leniency and a lighter punishment for you."

"Mistakes? Where did I go wrong?"

Cedrick's face twisted into a grimace. "If one doesn't look out for oneself, they'll be condemned by the heavens and earth. Everything I've done is for my own future, for achieving success. Where is the wrong in that? If there's any wrong, it's yours! Each of you is biased towards Vincent; no matter how hard I try, you turn a blind eye! Since you are so blind, then I will make you regret it!"

"Elder Brother, is your so-called power really that important? Are they more important than family and friendship?" Lara asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Family and friendship? What a joke! As long as it ensures I ascend to the position of sect leader, I can sacrifice everything, including all your lives!" Cedrick shouted.

"Cedrick! You ungrateful swine!"

Liana couldn't hold back her anger. "If it weren't for Father's pity on you, taking you in, you would've starved on the streets long ago. Father gave you a second chance at life, treated you like his own, taught you skills, nurtured you. And what did you do? For your ambition, you betrayed the sect, betrayed Father, even harmed your own kin. Are you still human?"

Cedrick was an orphan; when her father roamed the seas and found him seriously ill, he brought him home for treatment, took him as his disciple, and cared for him diligently.

But nobody expected this so-called disciple to be a backstabbing ingrate.

"Stop lecturing me!" Cedrick yelled in frustration. "Yes, Darkbane did save me, but I have repaid all the debts owed to him over the years. Now it's him who owes me, not the other way around!"

"Even if you don't owe your master or the sect, what about Lara? She has always regarded you as an elder brother, shown you respect. Why are you hurting her now?" Vincent questioned.

"I have no choice! You all forced me into this!"

CHAPTER 2400 HE CAUGHT EVERY MOVE

Cedrick's face turned fierce as he said, "If I can leave here, Lara will be safe, but if any of you dare to stop me, I will die with her!"

As his emotions escalated, he showed a stance of mutual destruction.

"Don't get agitated, I will let you go!"

Realizing the situation turning sour, Vincent quickly promised, "As long as you don't harm Lara, I can overlook the past. Otherwise, if Lara is in danger, I will pursue you to the ends of the earth!"

At this moment, capturing Cedrick was not as crucial as ensuring Lara's safety.

"Stop the chatter and get out of my way!"

Cedrick yelled as he stepped back, holding Lara hostage.

The law enforcement team around dared not approach, scattering to avoid provocation.

"You! Come here! Drive for me!"

Cedrick pointed at a disciple of the World Society.

The disciple hesitated briefly, then looked towards Vincent, somewhat bewildered.

"Do as he says," Vincent nodded.

"Yes!" The disciple responded and reluctantly stepped forward to act as the driver.

With Vincent backing him up, he didn't need to take responsibility.

"Hahaha... You think you can capture me? Not so easy!"

Seeing everyone far away and about to get into the car to leave, Cedrick couldn't help but laugh triumphantly.

However, just as he was about to release Lara's throat and get into the car, Vincent suddenly acted. He swiftly raised his hand, a dart shot out aiming straight for Cedrick's forehead.

If it hit, it could kill him on the spot.

Taking this risk because he knew that if Cedrick took Lara to seek refuge with the Pantheon, Lara's safety would be at great risk.

"Vincent! How dare you!"

The moment the dart was released, Cedrick instantly noticed.

His attention had been on Vincent all along, and though he had loosened up slightly, he caught every move Vincent made.

Facing the dart, he dared not confront it head-on, swiftly moving to dodge it.

"Phew!"

The powerful dart grazed past Cedrick's ear, then with a "bang," blasted a large hole in the wall behind him.

Seeing this, Cedrick's heart raced, mixed with anger.

"Vincent! You've forced me into this!"

Gritting his teeth and showing a hint of madness, Cedrick suddenly aimed a palm strike at Lara's head, intending to end it all together.

"No!!"

Vincent's face turned pale.

But he was too far away, unable to stop it in time.

"At this point, there's nothing more to discuss. Back off! All of you, step back!"

Returning to the sect to confess was clearly not an option. His only hope for survival now was to take Lara as a hostage and seek refuge in the Pantheon.

But now that Cedrick had a hostage, he was cautious and didn't dare to take any risks.

Lara's face showed pain, her voice hoarse as she urged, "If you stop now, confess willingly, I can plead with Father for leniency and a lighter punishment for you."

Cedrick's face twisted into a grimace. "If one doesn't look out for oneself, they'll be condemned by the heavens and earth. Everything I've done is for my own future, for achieving success. Where is the wrong in that? If there's any wrong, it's yours! Each of you is biased towards Vincent; no matter how hard I try, you turn a blind eye! Since you are so blind, then I will make you regret it!"

"Elder Brother, is your so-called power really that important? Are they more important than family and friendship?" Lara asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Family and friendship? What a joke! As long as it ensures I ascend to the position of sect leader, I can sacrifice everything, including all your lives!" Cedrick shouted.

Liana couldn't hold back her anger. "If it weren't for Father's pity on you, taking you in, you would've starved on the streets long ago. Father gave you a second chance at life, treated you like his own, taught you skills, nurtured you. And what did you do? For your ambition, you betrayed the sect, betrayed Father, even harmed your own kin. Are you still human?"

Cedrick was an orphan; when her father roamed the seas and found him seriously ill, he brought him home for treatment, took him as his disciple, and cared for him diligently.

"Stop lecturing me!" Cedrick yelled in frustration. "Yes, Darkbane did save me, but I have repaid all the debts owed to him over the years. Now it's him who owes me, not the other way around!"

"Even if you don't owe your master or the sect, what about Lara? She has always regarded you as an elder brother, shown you respect. Why are you hurting her now?" Vincent questioned.

Cedrick's face turned fierce as he said, "If I can leave here, Lara will be safe, but if any of you dare to stop me, I will die with her!"

Realizing the situation turning sour, Vincent quickly promised, "As long as you don't harm Lara, I can overlook the past. Otherwise, if Lara is in danger, I will pursue you to the ends of the earth!"

The law enforcement team around dared not approach, scattering to avoid provocation.

The disciple hesitated briefly, then looked towards Vincent, somewhat bewildered.

"Yes!" The disciple responded and reluctantly stepped forward to act as the driver.

Seeing everyone far away and about to get into the car to leave, Cedrick couldn't help but laugh triumphantly.

However, just as he was about to release Lara's throat and get into the car, Vincent suddenly acted. He swiftly raised his hand, a dart shot out aiming straight for Cedrick's forehead.

Taking this risk because he knew that if Cedrick took Lara to seek refuge with the Pantheon, Lara's safety would be at great risk.

"Vincent! How dare you!"

His attention had been on Vincent all along, and though he had loosened up slightly, he caught every move Vincent made.

"Phew!"

The powerful dart grazed past Cedrick's ear, then with a "bang," blasted a large hole in the wall behind him.

Gritting his teeth and showing a hint of madness, Cedrick suddenly aimed a palm strike at Lara's head, intending to end it all together.

"No!!"

Master Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000') thanks for the updates. .
appreciate it

Hello to the beautiful people of Kijiji Kingdom! Today, the author has no updates for us, so it's a perfect time to spend with friends, family, and the things you love most! Be safe, and don't forget to spread the word about our little realm here. It's our small way to support this site.
This author wants to overtake John in Dual cultivation...

"Vincent! How dare you!"

"Phew!"

"No!!"

So it turns out that Vincent is not smart at all. Sneak attack too he can't execute. Does it always have to be Dustin, always cleaning someone else's mess

You anticipated this? Before or after reading yesterday post
I didn't see this coming. Now after reading cedrick betrayal. I still can't believe it's happening. The author is toying with us, we know Cedrick parents. He looks innocent, why would they falsely accuse him.
Cedric parents??🤔 who are they

So it turns out that Vincent is not smart at all. Sneak attack too he can't execute. Does it always have to be Dustin, always cleaning someone else's mess
Took two chapters to write nothing like two days ago. What is this? Nothing but another bunch of old stories. This is not story but a way to keep people reading same thing over and over

Took two chapters to write nothing like two days ago. What is this? Nothing but another bunch of old stories. This is not story but a way to keep people reading same thing over and over
I think this was a bit 2 chapters, atleaste it didn't take too much and use 2 chapters to diving into cedrick whole life!

Cedric parents??🤔 who are they
The parents are my neighbours.

His father was only one with TV in our street. We used to go watch TV dramas at his house

His mother works at the market. She sells groceries. My mom sends me to buy groceries at her stall.

I am surprised that the author said his dad died and he was left on street. I think he is confusing cedrick parent with that kendric parents

Last time during easter play at church Cedrick played Jesus. He made all of us cry. He can't hurt anybody, he can't even kill a cocroache.

Cedrick is so wise, he is the wisest man I know. He told me Jesus wasn't white. He was a black dude. White people lied to us saying Jesus is white.

You know what cedrick said? He said the only white man I should trust is the dead white man😬black-jesus.jpgNV9iLmpwZw.jpg

seriously, if two chapters a day is not enough for you, come back in a week and then you can read multiple chapters in a day.

if you don't like how the story is going then you can always just stop reading this story (many other stories in this forum) and you won't have to waste your time with this one.

To complain in every other post about how the author is wasting time or writing poorly, it's just not beneficial to any one and really will not change anything.

if you think you can do better, I would love to see you try. let us know when you have written over 2,000 chapters and we would gladly read it and give you some feedback.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 2401 GODLY SHADOW

As Lara was on the brink of being struck down, a silver needle suddenly shot out at a critical moment.

Swift and fierce, the silver needle hit Cedrick's wrist with precision before anyone could react.

The tremendous impact made Cedrick stumble back several steps, especially the arm that was hit, sending a piercing pain through his body, causing involuntary tremors.

For a moment, he couldn't muster any strength.

"F***!"

Furious, Cedrick yanked out the silver needle from his wrist, feeling some relief from the intense pain.

"Sister, run!" Liana shouted in alarm.

Freed from the predicament, Lara dashed away without hesitation.

"Where do you think you're going!"

Determined, Cedrick refused to give up and with a sudden burst of speed, he turned into a blur, leaping towards Lara.

Even if it meant risking his life, he had to stand in the way.

"You beast! How dare you!"

Vincent, eyes glaring, leaped forward and sent a palm strike at Cedrick.

With a thunderous boom, a massive god-like shadow appeared behind Vincent, exuding a formidable aura.

The released pressure weighed heavily on everyone's shoulders.

As Vincent struck, the godly shadow behind him mimicked the action instantly.

In an instant, energy surged, and chaos ensued.

A golden palm shadow, almost tangible, pounded towards Cedrick like a cannonball.

In this moment, Vincent was set on killing, showing no mercy.

"The Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique?!"

Seeing the golden palm shadow nearing, Cedrick's face paled in shock.

As a disciple of the World Society, he knew well the terror of the Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique.

It was this unparalleled skill that allowed Darkbane to expand the World Society's influence and dominate the seas.

Unimaginably, Darkbane passed it on to Vincent.

Judging by Vincent's imposing manner, he had mastered it.

Without hesitation, as the golden palm shadow struck, Cedrick immediately activated his qi to form a protective shield around his body, crossing his arms defensively.

Boom!

The palm shadow collided forcefully with Cedrick's protective qi.

In an instant, Cedrick was sent flying like a sandbag, crashing heavily into a garden rockery.

Another deafening crash ensued as the rockery shattered, while Cedrick continued to skid for several meters before finally coming to a stop.

Gasping, Cedrick coughed up blood, lying on the ground, unable to get up.

CHAPTER 2402 VERY WRONG

At this moment, Cedrick's face was pale as paper, his clothes were tattered, his arms bloody, presenting a dishevelled appearance.

He knew Vincent was strong, but he didn't expect him to be this strong.

As a martial arts master, he ranked at least top three among the elite disciples of various sects in the world, so he believed that even if he was not as good as the top-ranking Vincent, the difference should not be too great.

However, now he realized he was wrong, and very wrong at that.

His strength was simply no match for Vincent.

With just one move, his opponent had severely injured him.

The gap in strength between the two was like an insurmountable chasm.

Why?

Why is this happening?

He had pushed himself hard enough, fought with all his might, why was he still not on par with Vincent?

He had devoted years of hard work, yet instead of catching up with Vincent, the gap between their strengths was growing wider. Why?

"Surround him!"

As Cedrick fell to the ground from his injuries, the members of the law enforcement team immediately swarmed around him, forming a circle.

Each of them with their swords drawn, vigilant.

However, they dared not make any reckless moves, as Cedrick was, after all, a martial arts master.

Even though seriously injured, he still posed a significant threat. If he were to make a final desperate move, he might take a few of them down with him.

"Sis, are you alright? Nothing serious, right?"

Seeing Lara escape from danger, Liana couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm fine, thanks to Brother Vincent."

Lara swallowed nervously, clearly still shaken.

She didn't expect Cedrick to be so ruthless, choosing to take her down with him.

Glancing at Lara to make sure she was okay, Vincent walked towards Cedrick with a grim expression.

As Vincent approached, the law enforcement team members made way for him.

"Any last words?"

Vincent stood before Cedrick, looking down at him with a cold gaze.

"Vincent, I was wrong, I know I was wrong. I will return to the sect with you immediately to seek forgiveness. Please spare my life!"

Bleeding and pleading, Cedrick acted extremely humble, devoid of his previous arrogance.

Because he could tell, Vincent was truly intent on killing him.

"Before you took Lara hostage, you did have a chance. Out of our shared past, I will plead with our Master on your behalf. But now, it's too late for everything!"

Vincent's face was icy, his tone chilling, "You have squandered your opportunities with your own hands, closed off any chance of survival. For committing such an unforgivable crime, today, you are undoubtedly doomed!"

With those words, Vincent didn't hesitate, delivering a fierce blow to Cedrick's head.

"Bang!"

A resounding explosion.

Cedrick's head, like a watermelon hit by a mortar shell, burst on the spot.

seriously, if two chapters a day is not enough for you, come back in a week and then you can read multiple chapters in a day.

if you don't like how the story is going then you can always just stop reading this story (many other stories in this forum) and you won't have to waste your time with this one.

To complain in every other post about how the author is wasting time or writing poorly, it's just not beneficial to any one and really will not change anything.

if you think you can do better, I would love to see you try. let us know when you have written over 2,000 chapters and we would gladly read it and give you some feedback.
well hes not entirely wrong, the novel isn't as bad as some others in terms of repeating scenarios, but how many times has the sequence of dustin minding his own business, him getting downplayed, the dialogue "be bold, presumptuous" being said, and then dustin finally acts and the audience is shocked, then the pleading starts, honestly gets really repetitious with only 2 chapters a day with the story sometimes lingering on something entirely meaningless for weeks which end up amounting to nothing

Think it's dumb to kill Cedric. Coulda used him as a bait to trap & eliminate the Pantheon don't ya think?

That serves him right. A betrayal and an ungrateful human with higher intension to possess what does not belong to him.

Think it's dumb to kill Cedric. Coulda used him as a bait to trap & eliminate the Pantheon don't ya think?
I think the pantheon is doing this on purpose, they are trying to divide the strongest sects to put everything in chaos.. A classic divide and conquer strategy.. I guess it will happen to every other big sects that are present in the Dragon Tiger Mountain.

"Vincent! How dare you!"

"Phew!"

"No!!"

Capish you've said all. He can as well do some skipping to avoid repeating

That's why Dustin is ahead of Vincent, Dustin is a league above Vincent

well hes not entirely wrong, the novel isn't as bad as some others in terms of repeating scenarios, but how many times has the sequence of dustin minding his own business, him getting downplayed, the dialogue "be bold, presumptuous" being said, and then dustin finally acts and the audience is shocked, then the pleading starts, honestly gets really repetitious with only 2 chapters a day with the story sometimes lingering on something entirely meaningless for weeks which end up amounting to nothing
if we are going to talk about plots, then this story is just like every other super hero story... some bad guy does something bad, the hero has to act to save the day. and almost always saving the day at the last possible moment. And with any series it's always going to be rinse and repeat.

but there was a change with the latest chapters... Dustin only threw a needle this fight... he didn't have to go super Saiyan in order to save the day.

actually they should have interrogated Cedric to see who he was working with because all the mentions (from what read) of the Pantheon were all in Cedric's thoughts and not spoken out for the rest of the characters hear.

Please correct if me if I'm wrong on that...

CHAPTER 2401 GODLY SHADOW

As Lara was on the brink of being struck down, a silver needle suddenly shot out at a critical moment.

Swift and fierce, the silver needle hit Cedrick's wrist with precision before anyone could react.

The tremendous impact made Cedrick stumble back several steps, especially the arm that was hit, sending a piercing pain through his body, causing involuntary tremors.

For a moment, he couldn't muster any strength.

"F***!"

Furious, Cedrick yanked out the silver needle from his wrist, feeling some relief from the intense pain.

"Sister, run!" Liana shouted in alarm.

Freed from the predicament, Lara dashed away without hesitation.

"Where do you think you're going!"

Determined, Cedrick refused to give up and with a sudden burst of speed, he turned into a blur, leaping towards Lara.

Even if it meant risking his life, he had to stand in the way.

"You beast! How dare you!"

Vincent, eyes glaring, leaped forward and sent a palm strike at Cedrick.

With a thunderous boom, a massive god-like shadow appeared behind Vincent, exuding a formidable aura.

The released pressure weighed heavily on everyone's shoulders.

As Vincent struck, the godly shadow behind him mimicked the action instantly.

In an instant, energy surged, and chaos ensued.

A golden palm shadow, almost tangible, pounded towards Cedrick like a cannonball.

In this moment, Vincent was set on killing, showing no mercy.

"The Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique?!"

Seeing the golden palm shadow nearing, Cedrick's face paled in shock.

As a disciple of the World Society, he knew well the terror of the Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique.

It was this unparalleled skill that allowed Darkbane to expand the World Society's influence and dominate the seas.

Unimaginably, Darkbane passed it on to Vincent.

Judging by Vincent's imposing manner, he had mastered it.

Without hesitation, as the golden palm shadow struck, Cedrick immediately activated his qi to form a protective shield around his body, crossing his arms defensively.

Boom!

The palm shadow collided forcefully with Cedrick's protective qi.

In an instant, Cedrick was sent flying like a sandbag, crashing heavily into a garden rockery.

Another deafening crash ensued as the rockery shattered, while Cedrick continued to skid for several meters before finally coming to a stop.

Gasping, Cedrick coughed up blood, lying on the ground, unable to get up.

CHAPTER 2402 VERY WRONG

At this moment, Cedrick's face was pale as paper, his clothes were tattered, his arms bloody, presenting a dishevelled appearance.

He knew Vincent was strong, but he didn't expect him to be this strong.

As a martial arts master, he ranked at least top three among the elite disciples of various sects in the world, so he believed that even if he was not as good as the top-ranking Vincent, the difference should not be too great.

However, now he realized he was wrong, and very wrong at that.

His strength was simply no match for Vincent.

With just one move, his opponent had severely injured him.

The gap in strength between the two was like an insurmountable chasm.

Why?

Why is this happening?

He had pushed himself hard enough, fought with all his might, why was he still not on par with Vincent?

He had devoted years of hard work, yet instead of catching up with Vincent, the gap between their strengths was growing wider. Why?

"Surround him!"

As Cedrick fell to the ground from his injuries, the members of the law enforcement team immediately swarmed around him, forming a circle.

Each of them with their swords drawn, vigilant.

However, they dared not make any reckless moves, as Cedrick was, after all, a martial arts master.

Even though seriously injured, he still posed a significant threat. If he were to make a final desperate move, he might take a few of them down with him.

"Sis, are you alright? Nothing serious, right?"

Seeing Lara escape from danger, Liana couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm fine, thanks to Brother Vincent."

Lara swallowed nervously, clearly still shaken.

She didn't expect Cedrick to be so ruthless, choosing to take her down with him.

Glancing at Lara to make sure she was okay, Vincent walked towards Cedrick with a grim expression.

As Vincent approached, the law enforcement team members made way for him.

"Any last words?"

Vincent stood before Cedrick, looking down at him with a cold gaze.

"Vincent, I was wrong, I know I was wrong. I will return to the sect with you immediately to seek forgiveness. Please spare my life!"

Bleeding and pleading, Cedrick acted extremely humble, devoid of his previous arrogance.

Because he could tell, Vincent was truly intent on killing him.

"Before you took Lara hostage, you did have a chance. Out of our shared past, I will plead with our Master on your behalf. But now, it's too late for everything!"

Vincent's face was icy, his tone chilling, "You have squandered your opportunities with your own hands, closed off any chance of survival. For committing such an unforgivable crime, today, you are undoubtedly doomed!"

With those words, Vincent didn't hesitate, delivering a fierce blow to Cedrick's head.

"Bang!"

A resounding explosion.

Cedrick's head, like a watermelon hit by a mortar shell, burst on the spot.
I knew it is the needle that is going to do the job