An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:

Gily

KF Founder & Dragon IGM
KF Founder
KF Moderator
Reaction score
As I had anticipated that Cedric must be the mole here, indeed he is. Or else, there must be no good reason that hate Dustin. If it was John then you can be sure that somehow he will try to covet your women but with Dustin there is no problem as such.
You anticipated this? Before or after reading yesterday post
I didn't see this coming. Now after reading cedrick betrayal. I still can't believe it's happening. The author is toying with us, we know Cedrick parents. He looks innocent, why would they falsely accuse him.

Nba986

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score
I didn't see this coming. Now after reading cedrick betrayal. I still can't believe it's happening. The author is toying with us, we know Cedrick parents. He looks innocent, why would they falsely accuse him.
😂😂😂

Achublue

Ultimate Grandmaster
Reaction score
We know Cedrick's parents? Who are they?

Nba986

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to read “Love at the wrong table”

Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')

Immortal Great Grandmaster - Dragon Monk
KF Moderator
Reaction score
CHAPTER 2391 RANKED FIFTH

The night passed quickly.

The next morning.

Dustin stepped out of the room and into the villa's garden, admiring the various flowers and plants.

Upon Lara's request, he and Gabrielle had stayed in the villa last night.

On one hand, Gabrielle wanted to catch up with Lara, and on the other hand, it was for safety reasons to prevent another assassin attack.

Fortunately, the latter half of the night was calm, and nothing happened.

Lara's condition gradually stabilized, showing no signs of complications so far.

Of course, this was largely due to her good physical condition.

As Dustin strolled in the garden, the villa's gate suddenly opened slowly.

Following that, a line of luxury cars orderly drove in.

When the vehicles came to a halt, a group of uniformed members of the World Society, known as the enforcement team, got off the cars in a disciplined manner.

They were different from ordinary disciples of the World Society, being more elite and well-trained enforcement officers.

The enforcement team of the World Society were handpicked experts from various departments.

They not only had absolute loyalty to the World Society but also had the ability to take on a hundred foes.

Most importantly, the enforcement team seldom mobilized, only the Sect Leader and the Elder Council could deploy them.

Generally speaking, if there were no major incidents, the enforcement team would not be dispatched.

However, once the enforcement team appeared, it meant that the situation was serious.

Watching the enforcement team members exuding a strong aura, Dustin silently stepped aside.

It was likely that the attack on the Moore sisters last night had alerted Darkbane, prompting the dispatch of the enforcement team for protection.

He wondered who was leading the team?

Just as he was pondering, the front car's door opened.

A young man in a sharp suit and with an imposing demeanor slowly stepped out of the car.

As the man got out of the car, all the members of the enforcement team bent down in respect.

"Hmm? It's actually him?"

Seeing the man's appearance, Dustin couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, quite surprised.

The visitor was none other than Vincent Chambers, the outstanding figure among the younger generation of the World Society, ranked fifth on the Whiz List!

Vincent's status in the World Society was second only to the Sect Leader and the major elders.

Though still in the position of a disciple, he was widely acknowledged as the successor to the Sect Leader.

As a top genius who had reached the half-step Grandmaster level before even turning thirty, Vincent completely outshone his peers among the younger generation in the World Society.

Whatever he did, his commands were followed without question within the World Society.

CHAPTER 2392 AN IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL

Vincent is highly respected not only for his exceptional talent but also for his unwavering loyalty to the World Society, where he and Darkbane share a father-son relationship.

Having crossed paths with Vincent before, Dustin couldn't help but acknowledge his formidable skills, particularly his mastery of the Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique, which left Dustin impressed.

"Vincent, brother!"

Upon hearing the commotion, Lara and Liana, wearing expressions of joy, rushed out of the room.

As soon as they saw Vincent, they affectionately threw themselves at him, each sister linking arms with him on either side.

They behaved playfully, like younger sisters meeting their older brother.

Their attitude towards Vincent was a world away from how they treated Cedrick the day before.

"Vincent, why are you here? Weren't you in seclusion?" Lara asked curiously.

"I have finished my seclusion. I came to Dragon Tiger Mountain this time to participate in the martial arts competition and because of you two," Vincent said with a smile.

"Us?"

Lara and Liana exchanged a knowing glance.

Clearly, their father was concerned about their safety and had not only sent out an enforcement team but had also arranged for Vincent to come in advance.

"I am aware of what happened last night. I will not allow any threats around you. I will deal with all risks and let those with ill intentions know the consequences of crossing the World Society," Vincent said calmly yet with a strong undertone.

His tone may have been composed, but his words carried a strong sense of determination.

To attempt the assassination and kidnapping of the daughter of the World Society's leader was a blatant insult to the Sect's dignity.

If this matter was not thoroughly investigated, what authority would the World Society have in the future?

"Don't just stand there, Vincent. Come, let's go inside and talk," Lara said as she and her sister led Vincent into the villa's living room.

However, as they approached Dustin, the two sisters suddenly stopped. Lara warmly introduced, "Vincent, let me introduce you to an impressive individual. This is Dr. Rhys, who saved me yesterday and is a martial arts and medical genius. He is now an honorary member of our World Society."

After introducing Dustin, Liana quickly added, "Dr. Rhys this is the most outstanding disciple of our World Society, our senior brother, Vincent Chambers. I believe you must have heard of him."

As the future successor of the World Society, Vincent had already gained widespread fame, and anyone with a bit of knowledge would have heard of him.

"Pleased to meet you," Dustin nodded slightly, maintaining a composed demeanor.

"Dr. Rhys?"

Observing Dustin, Vincent raised an eyebrow and asked tentatively, "Do we know each other from somewhere?"

CHAPTER 2393 SOMETHING AMISS

"Do we know each other from somewhere?"

Upon hearing this, the Lara sisters' gaze shifted between Vincent and Dustin, their expressions filled with curiosity and suspicion.

Could it be that they were acquainted in some way?

"Master Chambers' reputation is renowned far and wide. As an unknown figure like me, how could I have the chance to meet him? If Master Chambers feels familiar, perhaps it's just my ordinary face." Dustin maintained a calm expression, though his inner thoughts were stirred.

The current face he wore was a result of disguise, vastly different from his previous appearance.

Moreover, upon seeing Vincent, he deliberately restrained his aura, revealing no flaws.

Unexpectedly, the other party perceived so keenly; with just a glance, they sensed something amiss.

"It seems I have mistaken you for someone else."

After closely observing Dustin for two seconds, Vincent smiled faintly, "However, Dr. Rhys is not an unknown figure. To be highly praised by Lara and Little Liana, few can match up in the world. I believe with Dr. Rhys' talent, he will make a name for himself sooner or later."

Although the person in front of him appeared ordinary, he exuded a mysterious and unpredictable aura.

He had a feeling that this Dr. Rhys was no ordinary individual.

"Thank you for the compliment, Master Chambers. I hope that day will come." Dustin responded politely.

As the two conversed, Cedrick suddenly emerged from the villa.

Seeing the situation before him, he first looked surprised and then frowned slightly, especially upon seeing Vincent.

A tinge of resentment flashed in his eyes.

However, as Vincent's gaze swept over, Cedrick immediately put on a smile, warmly welcoming him.

"Vincent, when did you arrive? Why didn't you inform me earlier? I would have sent someone to welcome you." Cedrick walked up with a familiar demeanor.

"I came under the orders of our master, to deal with some insignificant troublemakers attempting to harm the World Society," Vincent responded straightforwardly.

"Regarding the incident with the assassins last night, I've already arranged for an investigation. I believe we'll have results soon, so you need not worry," Cedrick said with a smile.

"Big Brother, it's not that I worry, but rather the master's concern." Vincent replied indifferently, "Also, Big Brother's handling seems somewhat inappropriate. Under your protection, Lara was poisoned and then attacked; if not for a benefactor's rescue, she might have been killed. Our master is displeased with these events, hence why I've been sent to protect Lara and Little Liana's safety."

This statement carried a hint of reproach.

Cedrick's failure in protecting them would be considered a dereliction of duty and would certainly result in punishment according to the rules of their clan.

CHAPTER 2394 TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT

Recently, I admit my mistake, but I assure you, there won't be a next time." Cedrick forced a smile.

As the eldest senior brother, being lectured in public by Vincent inevitably stung his pride.

Due to the other party's status, he could only swallow his pride for now.

"Elder Brother, your task is done. Go back with the enforcement team to report to our master at the sect," Vincent's expressionless voice commanded.

"Hmm?" Cedrick frowned, "Vincent, it's not appropriate for me to leave now, is it? There are still many things unfinished on my end, plus I need to represent the sect in the martial arts competition."

"Whatever it is, put it on hold for now. As for the competition, I'll take care of it. Elder Brother, you don't need to worry," Vincent stepped aside, gesturing for Cedrick to get into the car.

Seeing the enforcement team ahead watching closely, Cedrick squinted slightly, feeling a sense of unease.

If he were to leave by car now, all his previous plans and designs would go to waste.

At this stage, he was not ready to give up.

"Vincent, are you trying to take credit?" Cedrick's tone was a bit displeased, "We have always had a good relationship. Now I've just made a minor mistake, is it right for you to disregard our bond and cast me aside like this?"

"Vincent, regarding last night, Elder Brother did his best. Don't blame him. Blame the enemy's cunning and deceit. It's unfair to hold him accountable," sensing the tension, Lara quickly intervened.

As fellow sect members, they would see each other often in the future, so there was no need to sour the relationship.

"Yes Vincent, Elder Brother has been diligent these days, never slacking off. Can't we just let it go?" Liana pleaded.

Negligence is no small offence. If Cedrick were to return to the sect with the enforcement team, punishment would be inevitable.

Of course, if Vincent were lenient, the situation would be completely different.

"Lara, Little Liana, this is our master's order. I have no other choice," Vincent shook his head.

"I'll talk to father, I promise not to put you in a difficult position," Lara quickly offered.

"Lara, it's not as simple as you think. Rules are rules. Mistakes must be punished, no exceptions," Vincent shook his head again.

"Vincent, I..." Lara was about to say something, but Vincent raised his hand to silence her, then looked at Cedrick, coldly saying, "Elder Brother, I have limited patience. I'll ask you one last time. Will you get in the car yourself? Or shall I assist you?" The final sentence carried a strong undertone of threat.

CHAPTER 2395 A STRICT ORDER

Vincent's words made Cedrick's face darken.

He didn't expect the person in front of him to be so ruthless, completely disregarding him, his senior brother.

"Vincent, you're going too far!"

Cedrick's face turned grim as he said, "I am the senior brother of World Society, watch your attitude when you speak!"

"Senior Brother, I've already been polite enough to you, you better not make it hard for me." Vincent coldly stated.

"Make it hard? Hmph! I can see you're clearly settling personal scores!" Cedrick's tone was unfriendly.

"Senior Brother, stop delaying, it's pointless. You must make a choice today." Vincent remained unmoved.

"What will you do if I don't go with the enforcement team?" Cedrick asked with narrowed eyes.

"Then don't blame me for taking action against you!" Vincent said icily.

"Outrageous!" Cedrick was instantly furious. "Vincent, just because you have some strength doesn't mean you can act so arrogantly. If it comes to a fight, I might not necessarily lose to you!"

"You can try." Vincent remained expressionless.

"You're pushing it too far!" Cedrick gritted his teeth.

"Alright, enough from both of you!"

Seeing the situation escalating, Lara immediately stepped in between the two, saying, "We are all from the same sect, why must it come to violence? Brother Vincent, give me some face, let's call it off today. I will call Father later and ask him to revoke the order."

"Lara, it's not that I'm not being compassionate, but the crime Cedrick committed is unforgivable. Master has given strict orders to detain him for trial. If Cedrick refuses, he can be executed on the spot, to uphold the sect's rules!" Vincent's words were resolute.

"What?!"

With these words, Lara and Liana's expressions changed instantly.

Execution on the spot, to uphold the sect's rules.

Those eight words completely changed the meaning.

Normally, only disciples who commit heinous crimes would receive such a severe punishment.

The issue is, Cedrick only showed weak protection, even if there was a violation, given his status, it should have been a verbal warning or a few beatings at most.

Why would Father issue such a strict order as if dealing with a serious criminal?

At this moment, not only the sisters Lara were shocked, but Cedrick, as the person involved, was also in turmoil.

If he hadn't done anything wrong, he wouldn't be panicking.

But with his guilty conscience, he already lacked confidence, now hearing Vincent's words, his first reaction was, could it be that Darkbane has already caught on to something?

Has his betrayal of the sect by colluding with the Pantheon been fully exposed?

But upon careful consideration, it seemed unlikely.

He has always been cautious, only meeting with Han Tian once, most of the time, they communicated through encrypted calls.

Logically, he shouldn't have been exposed.

What's really going on?

"Brother Vincent, you're not joking, are you? How could Father issue such a strict order?" Lara frowned, finding it hard to believe.

CHAPTER 2396 UGLY FACE

"Indeed, Brother Vincent, even if Senior Brother made some mistakes, it's just a minor punishment, why all this?" Liana was also very puzzled.

Initially, they thought the enforcement team was brought by Vincent to ensure their safety.

Now they understand that the enforcement team is specifically here to arrest Cedrick.

However, they don't understand why Cedrick is receiving such a severe punishment when he hasn't done anything wrong.

"Master's orders must have their reasons, as for why, you can ask Cedrick yourself what good deeds he has done." Vincent stared at Cedrick coldly, full of chilling eyes.

"Senior Brother..."

Lara and Liana looked at Cedrick at the same time, their faces filled with confusion and disbelief.

"I haven't... done anything!" Cedrick shook his head repeatedly, then pointed fiercely at Vincent, saying sharply, "It must be you, instigating and slandering in front of Master, you despicable and shameless pseudo-gentleman!"

"Cedrick, at this point, do you still want to argue?" Vincent said coldly, "If you confess now, reform your ways, for the sake of being fellow disciples, I can plead for leniency in front of Master, but if you remain stubborn, don't blame me for being ruthless!"

"Nonsense! What crime could I have committed? I live openly and honestly; you stop your baseless accusations!" Cedrick glared and retorted.

However, at this moment, his confidence was clearly wavering.

"Cedrick, I intended to preserve some face for you in front of Lara and Little Liana, but since you're so stubborn, today, I will personally reveal your ugly face!"

With that said, Vincent suddenly took out his phone and played an audio recording.

Soon, Cedrick's voice resounded from the device.

"Hey! What’s going on with you guys? I provided you with the address, dispatched various masters, and even pretended to be crazy to give you the opportunity, but what's the result? You can't even kidnap one person. Your Pantheon is really disappointing!" Cedrick's tone was very displeased.

"Young Master Cedrick, today's incident was purely an accident. It was our mistake in handling personnel that led to the failure of the plan. We are indeed to blame, but please rest assured, we will try our best to make amends and will not make mistakes again."

"Make amends? How do you intend to make amends?" Cedrick frowned and said, "After experiencing this incident, the Moore sisters will only be more cautious, and they have already requested assistance from the sect. Tomorrow, more powerful experts will come to guard them. It will be as difficult as climbing to the heavens to kidnap them again!"

"Young Master Cedrick, please be patient. We have a plan in place. Just focus on participating in the competition as usual. On the day of the final, we will create a major event that will plunge the entire Dragon Tiger Mountain into chaos. At that time, it will not be too late for us to execute the kidnapping plan." The person on the other end said.

"A major event?" Cedrick raised an eyebrow. "What kind of major event?"

"Sorry, this is classified information, I cannot tell you for now, please understand." the person said.

"Never mind, I'm not interested in your secrets, but don't forget our cooperation." Cedrick reminded.

"Young Master Cedrick, rest assured, once this plan is successful, we will fully support you to ascend to the position of the head of the World Society!"

RDX

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score
Wow... Flight is gonna be amazing 🤩 We will get to know what Cedrick got now😂

rakak2000

Top Level Martial Arts Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow Cedrick is done and dusted. I think Dustin will saves Vincent from Cederick. Story has a interesting twist.

davidtobrise

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score
CHAPTER 2389 JUST A FIGUREHEAD

"Uh... Senior Brother, you were just poisoned by someone, luckily Dr. Rhys saved you, or you might have been in danger."

Seeing the atmosphere was not right, Lara immediately changed the subject.

"What? He saved me?"

Cedrick looked at Dustin, with some astonishment: "Are you mistaken? How come I don't remember this?"

"Because you lost your senses due to poisoning, almost causing a disaster. If Dr. Rhys hadn't acted in time, the consequences would have been unimaginable," Lara said earnestly.

"Yes, Senior Brother, this time you really need to thank Dr. Rhys." Liana nodded along.

"Hmph! Who asked him to save me? It's really meddling!" Cedrick glanced at Dustin with a cold tone, still not speaking kindly.

"I'm tired, I'll go back to rest in my room, excuse me!"

After a cold remark, Cedrick left directly.

He had always looked down on Dustin, but now being saved by him, his proud heart couldn't accept this result.

He couldn't lower his face to thank Dustin.

"Dr. Rhys, sorry, my Senior Brother is stubborn and not good with words, don't take it to heart," Lara smiled apologetically.

"No problem." Dustin didn't take it seriously.

He didn't expect Cedrick to be overly grateful, as long as he didn't cause any troubles behind the scenes, he was fine.

"Dr. Rhys, about my proposal at the dining table earlier, how do you feel about it?"

Lara suddenly changed the topic: "As long as you become the guest elder of our World Society, not only can you enjoy a lot of benefits, but you will also have no restrictions. In plain terms, you are just a figurehead here and don't have to do anything bold."

"Oh? Is there such a good thing?" Dustin raised an eyebrow, quite surprised.

"Others naturally don't have it, Dr. Rhys, you are unique." Lara smiled.

Typical guest elders can enjoy many benefits of the World Society, but at the same time, they have to do a few things for the club every year.

However, she could see that Dustin didn't need to be bound and didn't want to be ordered around.

Therefore, she offered this very friendly condition.

On one hand, because Dustin deserved it, and on the other hand, she valued talent and wanted to make friends with someone like Dustin.

After all, a young prodigy with exceptional skills in both medicine and martial arts is highly sought after wherever they go.

If they could pull him into the World Society's camp, even just as a figurehead, it would be very beneficial.

"Since Miss Moore has warmly invited me, I won't be polite." Dustin glanced at Gabrielle, saw her nod, and immediately agreed.

He was hesitant to join any forces, mainly because he didn't want trouble and disliked being constrained.

However, Lara's condition was just right, with benefits and no obligations, isn't it great?

CHAPTER 2390 TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL

"Welcome, Dr. Rhys, to become a guest elder of our World Society!" Lara smiled and reached out her hand.

"Please take care of me in the future, Miss Moore." Dustin raised his hand and shook hands with Lara's delicate hand.

"Lara, congratulations on the addition of another powerful general to the World Society." Gabrielle smiled.

"It's all thanks to you, Sheryl. If you hadn't invited Dr. Rhys, I wouldn't have discovered such a treasure." Lara said with a smile.

"Alright, alright, we are friends, let's not talk about these formalities, come, let's go back and have a meal."

Liana shouted, and the few of them returned to the living room to start their meal.

At this moment, in a room of the garden villa.

Cedrick gently closed the door, then lifted a corner of the curtain to look outside. After confirming that no one was around, he immediately closed the curtain, took out his phone, and dialed a certain number.

"Hey! What’s going on with you guys? I provided you with the address, dispatched various masters, and even pretended to be crazy to give you the opportunity, but what's the result? You can't even kidnap one person. Your Pantheon is really disappointing!" Cedrick's tone was very displeased.

Soon, a deep voice came from the other end of the phone: "Young Master Cedrick, today's incident was purely an accident. It was our mistake in handling personnel that led to the failure of the plan. We are indeed to blame, but please rest assured, we will try our best to make amends and will not make mistakes again."

"Make amends? How do you intend to make amends?" Cedrick frowned and said, "After experiencing this incident, the Moore sisters will only be more cautious, and they have already requested assistance from the sect. Tomorrow, more powerful experts will come to guard them. It will be as difficult as climbing to the heavens to kidnap them again!"

"Young Master Cedrick, please be patient. We have a plan in place. Just focus on participating in the competition as usual. On the day of the final, we will create a major event that will plunge the entire Dragon Tiger Mountain into chaos. At that time, it will not be too late for us to execute the kidnapping plan." The person on the other end said.

"Sorry, this is classified information, I cannot tell you for now, please understand." the person said.

"Never mind, I'm not interested in your secrets, but don't forget our cooperation." Cedrick reminded.

"Young Master Cedrick, rest assured, once this plan is successful, we will fully support you to ascend to the position of the head of the World Society!" The person assured.

"That's good." Cedrick smiled satisfactorily.

The position of the head of the World Society was something he had long coveted, but Vincent Chambers was always above him.

His hope of succeeding seemed bleak.

Therefore, he had to find another way to achieve his goal.

Even if it meant betraying the sect, even if it meant betraying the country, he was willing to do whatever it takes!
I had my suspicions

Alonzo03

Golden Dragon True Form
Reaction score
CHAPTER 2391 RANKED FIFTH

The night passed quickly.

The next morning.

Dustin stepped out of the room and into the villa's garden, admiring the various flowers and plants.

Upon Lara's request, he and Gabrielle had stayed in the villa last night.

On one hand, Gabrielle wanted to catch up with Lara, and on the other hand, it was for safety reasons to prevent another assassin attack.

Fortunately, the latter half of the night was calm, and nothing happened.

Lara's condition gradually stabilized, showing no signs of complications so far.

Of course, this was largely due to her good physical condition.

As Dustin strolled in the garden, the villa's gate suddenly opened slowly.

Following that, a line of luxury cars orderly drove in.

When the vehicles came to a halt, a group of uniformed members of the World Society, known as the enforcement team, got off the cars in a disciplined manner.

They were different from ordinary disciples of the World Society, being more elite and well-trained enforcement officers.

The enforcement team of the World Society were handpicked experts from various departments.

They not only had absolute loyalty to the World Society but also had the ability to take on a hundred foes.

Most importantly, the enforcement team seldom mobilized, only the Sect Leader and the Elder Council could deploy them.

Generally speaking, if there were no major incidents, the enforcement team would not be dispatched.

However, once the enforcement team appeared, it meant that the situation was serious.

Watching the enforcement team members exuding a strong aura, Dustin silently stepped aside.

It was likely that the attack on the Moore sisters last night had alerted Darkbane, prompting the dispatch of the enforcement team for protection.

He wondered who was leading the team?

Just as he was pondering, the front car's door opened.

A young man in a sharp suit and with an imposing demeanor slowly stepped out of the car.

As the man got out of the car, all the members of the enforcement team bent down in respect.

"Hmm? It's actually him?"

Seeing the man's appearance, Dustin couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, quite surprised.

The visitor was none other than Vincent Chambers, the outstanding figure among the younger generation of the World Society, ranked fifth on the Whiz List!

Vincent's status in the World Society was second only to the Sect Leader and the major elders.

Though still in the position of a disciple, he was widely acknowledged as the successor to the Sect Leader.

As a top genius who had reached the half-step Grandmaster level before even turning thirty, Vincent completely outshone his peers among the younger generation in the World Society.

Whatever he did, his commands were followed without question within the World Society.

CHAPTER 2392 AN IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL

Vincent is highly respected not only for his exceptional talent but also for his unwavering loyalty to the World Society, where he and Darkbane share a father-son relationship.

Having crossed paths with Vincent before, Dustin couldn't help but acknowledge his formidable skills, particularly his mastery of the Heavenly God's Four Symbols Technique, which left Dustin impressed.

"Vincent, brother!"

Upon hearing the commotion, Lara and Liana, wearing expressions of joy, rushed out of the room.

As soon as they saw Vincent, they affectionately threw themselves at him, each sister linking arms with him on either side.

They behaved playfully, like younger sisters meeting their older brother.

Their attitude towards Vincent was a world away from how they treated Cedrick the day before.

"Vincent, why are you here? Weren't you in seclusion?" Lara asked curiously.

"I have finished my seclusion. I came to Dragon Tiger Mountain this time to participate in the martial arts competition and because of you two," Vincent said with a smile.

"Us?"

Lara and Liana exchanged a knowing glance.

Clearly, their father was concerned about their safety and had not only sent out an enforcement team but had also arranged for Vincent to come in advance.

"I am aware of what happened last night. I will not allow any threats around you. I will deal with all risks and let those with ill intentions know the consequences of crossing the World Society," Vincent said calmly yet with a strong undertone.

His tone may have been composed, but his words carried a strong sense of determination.

To attempt the assassination and kidnapping of the daughter of the World Society's leader was a blatant insult to the Sect's dignity.

If this matter was not thoroughly investigated, what authority would the World Society have in the future?

"Don't just stand there, Vincent. Come, let's go inside and talk," Lara said as she and her sister led Vincent into the villa's living room.

However, as they approached Dustin, the two sisters suddenly stopped. Lara warmly introduced, "Vincent, let me introduce you to an impressive individual. This is Dr. Rhys, who saved me yesterday and is a martial arts and medical genius. He is now an honorary member of our World Society."

After introducing Dustin, Liana quickly added, "Dr. Rhys this is the most outstanding disciple of our World Society, our senior brother, Vincent Chambers. I believe you must have heard of him."

As the future successor of the World Society, Vincent had already gained widespread fame, and anyone with a bit of knowledge would have heard of him.

"Pleased to meet you," Dustin nodded slightly, maintaining a composed demeanor.

"Dr. Rhys?"

Observing Dustin, Vincent raised an eyebrow and asked tentatively, "Do we know each other from somewhere?"

CHAPTER 2393 SOMETHING AMISS

"Do we know each other from somewhere?"

Upon hearing this, the Lara sisters' gaze shifted between Vincent and Dustin, their expressions filled with curiosity and suspicion.

Could it be that they were acquainted in some way?

"Master Chambers' reputation is renowned far and wide. As an unknown figure like me, how could I have the chance to meet him? If Master Chambers feels familiar, perhaps it's just my ordinary face." Dustin maintained a calm expression, though his inner thoughts were stirred.

The current face he wore was a result of disguise, vastly different from his previous appearance.

Moreover, upon seeing Vincent, he deliberately restrained his aura, revealing no flaws.

Unexpectedly, the other party perceived so keenly; with just a glance, they sensed something amiss.

"It seems I have mistaken you for someone else."

After closely observing Dustin for two seconds, Vincent smiled faintly, "However, Dr. Rhys is not an unknown figure. To be highly praised by Lara and Little Liana, few can match up in the world. I believe with Dr. Rhys' talent, he will make a name for himself sooner or later."

Although the person in front of him appeared ordinary, he exuded a mysterious and unpredictable aura.

He had a feeling that this Dr. Rhys was no ordinary individual.

"Thank you for the compliment, Master Chambers. I hope that day will come." Dustin responded politely.

As the two conversed, Cedrick suddenly emerged from the villa.

Seeing the situation before him, he first looked surprised and then frowned slightly, especially upon seeing Vincent.

A tinge of resentment flashed in his eyes.

However, as Vincent's gaze swept over, Cedrick immediately put on a smile, warmly welcoming him.

"Vincent, when did you arrive? Why didn't you inform me earlier? I would have sent someone to welcome you." Cedrick walked up with a familiar demeanor.

"I came under the orders of our master, to deal with some insignificant troublemakers attempting to harm the World Society," Vincent responded straightforwardly.

"Regarding the incident with the assassins last night, I've already arranged for an investigation. I believe we'll have results soon, so you need not worry," Cedrick said with a smile.

"Big Brother, it's not that I worry, but rather the master's concern." Vincent replied indifferently, "Also, Big Brother's handling seems somewhat inappropriate. Under your protection, Lara was poisoned and then attacked; if not for a benefactor's rescue, she might have been killed. Our master is displeased with these events, hence why I've been sent to protect Lara and Little Liana's safety."

This statement carried a hint of reproach.

Cedrick's failure in protecting them would be considered a dereliction of duty and would certainly result in punishment according to the rules of their clan.

CHAPTER 2394 TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT

Recently, I admit my mistake, but I assure you, there won't be a next time." Cedrick forced a smile.

As the eldest senior brother, being lectured in public by Vincent inevitably stung his pride.

Due to the other party's status, he could only swallow his pride for now.

"Elder Brother, your task is done. Go back with the enforcement team to report to our master at the sect," Vincent's expressionless voice commanded.

"Hmm?" Cedrick frowned, "Vincent, it's not appropriate for me to leave now, is it? There are still many things unfinished on my end, plus I need to represent the sect in the martial arts competition."

"Whatever it is, put it on hold for now. As for the competition, I'll take care of it. Elder Brother, you don't need to worry," Vincent stepped aside, gesturing for Cedrick to get into the car.

Seeing the enforcement team ahead watching closely, Cedrick squinted slightly, feeling a sense of unease.

If he were to leave by car now, all his previous plans and designs would go to waste.

At this stage, he was not ready to give up.

"Vincent, are you trying to take credit?" Cedrick's tone was a bit displeased, "We have always had a good relationship. Now I've just made a minor mistake, is it right for you to disregard our bond and cast me aside like this?"

"Vincent, regarding last night, Elder Brother did his best. Don't blame him. Blame the enemy's cunning and deceit. It's unfair to hold him accountable," sensing the tension, Lara quickly intervened.

As fellow sect members, they would see each other often in the future, so there was no need to sour the relationship.

"Yes Vincent, Elder Brother has been diligent these days, never slacking off. Can't we just let it go?" Liana pleaded.

Negligence is no small offence. If Cedrick were to return to the sect with the enforcement team, punishment would be inevitable.

Of course, if Vincent were lenient, the situation would be completely different.

"Lara, Little Liana, this is our master's order. I have no other choice," Vincent shook his head.

"I'll talk to father, I promise not to put you in a difficult position," Lara quickly offered.

"Lara, it's not as simple as you think. Rules are rules. Mistakes must be punished, no exceptions," Vincent shook his head again.

"Vincent, I..." Lara was about to say something, but Vincent raised his hand to silence her, then looked at Cedrick, coldly saying, "Elder Brother, I have limited patience. I'll ask you one last time. Will you get in the car yourself? Or shall I assist you?" The final sentence carried a strong undertone of threat.

CHAPTER 2395 A STRICT ORDER

Vincent's words made Cedrick's face darken.

He didn't expect the person in front of him to be so ruthless, completely disregarding him, his senior brother.

"Vincent, you're going too far!"

Cedrick's face turned grim as he said, "I am the senior brother of World Society, watch your attitude when you speak!"

"Senior Brother, I've already been polite enough to you, you better not make it hard for me." Vincent coldly stated.

"Make it hard? Hmph! I can see you're clearly settling personal scores!" Cedrick's tone was unfriendly.

"Senior Brother, stop delaying, it's pointless. You must make a choice today." Vincent remained unmoved.

"What will you do if I don't go with the enforcement team?" Cedrick asked with narrowed eyes.

"Then don't blame me for taking action against you!" Vincent said icily.

"Outrageous!" Cedrick was instantly furious. "Vincent, just because you have some strength doesn't mean you can act so arrogantly. If it comes to a fight, I might not necessarily lose to you!"

"You can try." Vincent remained expressionless.

"You're pushing it too far!" Cedrick gritted his teeth.

"Alright, enough from both of you!"

Seeing the situation escalating, Lara immediately stepped in between the two, saying, "We are all from the same sect, why must it come to violence? Brother Vincent, give me some face, let's call it off today. I will call Father later and ask him to revoke the order."

"Lara, it's not that I'm not being compassionate, but the crime Cedrick committed is unforgivable. Master has given strict orders to detain him for trial. If Cedrick refuses, he can be executed on the spot, to uphold the sect's rules!" Vincent's words were resolute.

"What?!"

With these words, Lara and Liana's expressions changed instantly.

Execution on the spot, to uphold the sect's rules.

Those eight words completely changed the meaning.

Normally, only disciples who commit heinous crimes would receive such a severe punishment.

The issue is, Cedrick only showed weak protection, even if there was a violation, given his status, it should have been a verbal warning or a few beatings at most.

Why would Father issue such a strict order as if dealing with a serious criminal?

At this moment, not only the sisters Lara were shocked, but Cedrick, as the person involved, was also in turmoil.

If he hadn't done anything wrong, he wouldn't be panicking.

But with his guilty conscience, he already lacked confidence, now hearing Vincent's words, his first reaction was, could it be that Darkbane has already caught on to something?

Has his betrayal of the sect by colluding with the Pantheon been fully exposed?

But upon careful consideration, it seemed unlikely.

He has always been cautious, only meeting with Han Tian once, most of the time, they communicated through encrypted calls.

Logically, he shouldn't have been exposed.

What's really going on?

"Brother Vincent, you're not joking, are you? How could Father issue such a strict order?" Lara frowned, finding it hard to believe.

CHAPTER 2396 UGLY FACE

"Indeed, Brother Vincent, even if Senior Brother made some mistakes, it's just a minor punishment, why all this?" Liana was also very puzzled.

Initially, they thought the enforcement team was brought by Vincent to ensure their safety.

Now they understand that the enforcement team is specifically here to arrest Cedrick.

However, they don't understand why Cedrick is receiving such a severe punishment when he hasn't done anything wrong.

"Master's orders must have their reasons, as for why, you can ask Cedrick yourself what good deeds he has done." Vincent stared at Cedrick coldly, full of chilling eyes.

"Senior Brother..."

Lara and Liana looked at Cedrick at the same time, their faces filled with confusion and disbelief.

"I haven't... done anything!" Cedrick shook his head repeatedly, then pointed fiercely at Vincent, saying sharply, "It must be you, instigating and slandering in front of Master, you despicable and shameless pseudo-gentleman!"

"Cedrick, at this point, do you still want to argue?" Vincent said coldly, "If you confess now, reform your ways, for the sake of being fellow disciples, I can plead for leniency in front of Master, but if you remain stubborn, don't blame me for being ruthless!"

"Nonsense! What crime could I have committed? I live openly and honestly; you stop your baseless accusations!" Cedrick glared and retorted.

However, at this moment, his confidence was clearly wavering.

"Cedrick, I intended to preserve some face for you in front of Lara and Little Liana, but since you're so stubborn, today, I will personally reveal your ugly face!"

With that said, Vincent suddenly took out his phone and played an audio recording.

Soon, Cedrick's voice resounded from the device.

"Young Master Cedrick, today's incident was purely an accident. It was our mistake in handling personnel that led to the failure of the plan. We are indeed to blame, but please rest assured, we will try our best to make amends and will not make mistakes again."

"Young Master Cedrick, rest assured, once this plan is successful, we will fully support you to ascend to the position of the head of the World Society!"
This chapters felt good, it's been a while I have a little drama on Dustin's story

Alonzo03

Golden Dragon True Form
Reaction score
The world society actually live up to its name as one of the strongest sect in dragon country, I thought poisoning and assassination of the sect leader's daughter is as easy as that. But this chapters shows that the sect as a very strong security measures.

KF Moderator
Reaction score
CHAPTER 2397 KNOW SOMEONE’S FACE BUT NOT THEIR HEART

Vincent's recording was crystal clear.

Every word of the conversation between Cedrick and the Lord of the Pantheon, Fatin Saab, was fully revealed.

After listening, the two sisters, Lara, were dumbfounded, staring wide-eyed in disbelief.

On the other hand, Cedrick was struck as if by lightning, standing there dumbfounded.

He never dreamed that his conversation with Fatin last night would be recorded.

Could it be that Fatin betrayed him?

But how is that possible?

Currently, their interests are intertwined, and Fatin has no reason to betray him.

At this moment, Cedrick's expression was unsettled, his heart in turmoil.

Besides confusion, he was overwhelmed with panic.

Now with solid evidence, his act of betraying the sect has been exposed. What should he do?

"Cedrick, do you have anything to say now?" Vincent's voice was cold.

In fact, the sect had long noticed Cedrick's unusual behavior and had secretly planted a bug on him, just in case.

The results proved the sect's suspicion was not unfounded; Cedrick did indeed conspire with the Pantheon, betraying the sect.

"Elder Brother, I never expected that you would be the one to set me up?"

Lara looked at Cedrick in shock, "We grew up together, like siblings. I don't understand, why would you do this?"

"I..." Cedrick was speechless.

"Elder Brother! The sect has treated you well, nurtured you, but you colluded with external enemies, betraying the sect. This is ingratitude at its peak. I misjudged you!" Liana was furious.

Although she had suspected there might be a spy around her, she had never doubted Cedrick.

Because they had a bond of over a decade, it was like family.

But the recent recording shattered her illusion completely.

Cedrick's actions fitting the old saying, "To know someone’s face but not their heart!"

"Cedrick, come back to the sect with me to confess to the master. As long as you admit your mistake honestly, considering the years of friendship, the master might spare your life," Vincent spoke again.

"Go back?"

Cedrick's eyes twitched, a flash of ruthlessness in his eyes, "It's already come to this, how can I go back? Betraying the sect, even if the death penalty can be avoided, the guilt will endure. Lightly, I'll lose my cultivation, heavily, I'll be imprisoned for life! If I go back with you, my life will be ruined!"

"You have no choice now, don't force me to act." Vincent's expressionless face.

As he spoke, under his palm, the Grandmaster's Qi began to gather slowly.

If Cedrick dared to resist or escape, he would immediately suppress him.

"You want to capture me? It's not that simple!"

Cedrick gritted his teeth and suddenly raised his hand.

CHAPTER 2398 THE HIGHLY ACCLAIMED PRIDE OF THE HEAVENS

A dark poisonous mist surged from his sleeve, enveloping Vincent in an instant.

"Be careful, Vincent!" Lara's expression changed.

"Hmph! Stubborn fool!"

Vincent coldly snorted, didn't dodge, and struck out with a fierce palm.

The terrifying master's aura directly evaporated all the poisonous mist, and with relentless force, it headed towards Cedrick.

However, at that moment, Cedrick suddenly flashed behind Lara, one hand gripping her throat, threatening, "Vincent! If you dare to act recklessly, I will kill her immediately!"

"Hmm?"

Seeing this scene, Vincent's expression changed, quickly withdrew his hand, and sternly shouted, "Cedrick! Release Lara now, you are compounding your crimes!"

"Release her? Do I still have a life?" With a hint of ferocity on his face, Cedrick held Lara hostage and started to retreat slowly, saying, "Step aside! Everyone, move aside! Anyone who dares to come close, I will end her life with mine!"

The law enforcement team that had just sprung into action was immediately frightened into halting.

They might not care about others' lives and deaths, but they had to consider Lara's safety.

"Cedrick! Have you lost your mind? Holding my sister hostage?" Xiao Qiang couldn't contain her anger.

"Yes! I've lost it! But you all are the ones who drove me to this madness!"

Cedrick gritted his teeth and shouted, "I've risked my life for the sect for many years, what have I got in return? Nothing! It's this Vincent who, though he joined the sect years after me, is favoured and promoted by the master, even you all keep revolving around him!

Why?!

I am the senior brother of the sect! I am the successor to the sect! I am the highly acclaimed pride of the heavens!

Why does Vincent Chambers appear and steal all my glory and honour?

I refuse to accept it! I am not resigned to being stepped on for the rest of my life!

Since you won't give me what I want, I will fight for it myself! Joining forces with the Pantheon (Hall of Gods), betraying the sect, so what? Might makes right!

I will do whatever it takes to achieve my goals!

Anyone who dares to obstruct me will die!!"

As he finished speaking, Cedrick's words were completely roared out.

The madness on his face became even more intense.

Due to his overly agitated emotions, his fingers gripping Lara's throat began to exert more force.

Lara's face turned red from being choked, struggling to breathe, unable to speak.

"Cedrick! Calm down! Don't hurt Lara, let's talk about the conditions slowly!"

Realizing the situation was turning grim, Vincent quickly tried to calm Cedrick down, afraid that he might lose control and snap Lara's neck directly.

LOGAN "LU CHEN" RHYS

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score

Every word of the conversation between Cedrick and the Lord of the Pantheon, Fatin Saab, was fully revealed.

After listening, the two sisters, Lara, were dumbfounded, staring wide-eyed in disbelief.

On the other hand, Cedrick was struck as if by lightning, standing there dumbfounded.

Currently, their interests are intertwined, and Fatin has no reason to betray him.

Now with solid evidence, his act of betraying the sect has been exposed. What should he do?

In fact, the sect had long noticed Cedrick's unusual behavior and had secretly planted a bug on him, just in case.

The results proved the sect's suspicion was not unfounded; Cedrick did indeed conspire with the Pantheon, betraying the sect.

Lara looked at Cedrick in shock, "We grew up together, like siblings. I don't understand, why would you do this?"

"Elder Brother! The sect has treated you well, nurtured you, but you colluded with external enemies, betraying the sect. This is ingratitude at its peak. I misjudged you!" Liana was furious.

Although she had suspected there might be a spy around her, she had never doubted Cedrick.

Cedrick's actions fitting the old saying, "To know someone’s face but not their heart!"

"Cedrick, come back to the sect with me to confess to the master. As long as you admit your mistake honestly, considering the years of friendship, the master might spare your life," Vincent spoke again.

"Go back?"

Cedrick's eyes twitched, a flash of ruthlessness in his eyes, "It's already come to this, how can I go back? Betraying the sect, even if the death penalty can be avoided, the guilt will endure. Lightly, I'll lose my cultivation, heavily, I'll be imprisoned for life! If I go back with you, my life will be ruined!"

"Hmph! Stubborn fool!"

The terrifying master's aura directly evaporated all the poisonous mist, and with relentless force, it headed towards Cedrick.

However, at that moment, Cedrick suddenly flashed behind Lara, one hand gripping her throat, threatening, "Vincent! If you dare to act recklessly, I will kill her immediately!"

"Hmm?"

Seeing this scene, Vincent's expression changed, quickly withdrew his hand, and sternly shouted, "Cedrick! Release Lara now, you are compounding your crimes!"

"Release her? Do I still have a life?" With a hint of ferocity on his face, Cedrick held Lara hostage and started to retreat slowly, saying, "Step aside! Everyone, move aside! Anyone who dares to come close, I will end her life with mine!"

The law enforcement team that had just sprung into action was immediately frightened into halting.

They might not care about others' lives and deaths, but they had to consider Lara's safety.

"Cedrick! Have you lost your mind? Holding my sister hostage?" Xiao Qiang couldn't contain her anger.

Cedrick gritted his teeth and shouted, "I've risked my life for the sect for many years, what have I got in return? Nothing! It's this Vincent who, though he joined the sect years after me, is favoured and promoted by the master, even you all keep revolving around him!

Why?!

I am the senior brother of the sect! I am the successor to the sect! I am the highly acclaimed pride of the heavens!

I refuse to accept it! I am not resigned to being stepped on for the rest of my life!

Since you won't give me what I want, I will fight for it myself! Joining forces with the Pantheon (Hall of Gods), betraying the sect, so what? Might makes right!

Due to his overly agitated emotions, his fingers gripping Lara's throat began to exert more force.

Lara's face turned red from being choked, struggling to breathe, unable to speak.

Realizing the situation was turning grim, Vincent quickly tried to calm Cedrick down, afraid that he might lose control and snap Lara's neck directly.
Na my boy dey always clean their mess. just be watching it is Dustin or Margaret that will save her

Bladeheart Ronin

Shogun - Samurai
Reaction score

"Go back?"

"Hmph! Stubborn fool!"

"Hmm?"

Why?!

Thanks IGGMD Junlee for the updates.
Your titles are getting longer every time I come back from seclusion.
😁😁

pedot guapo buyag

Martial Arts Master
Reaction score
This is where Dustins needles come into play!
yeah dude that is one of my expectations too but then we have to wait the other chapter of what gonna really happen,is up to author🤬🤬 🤬 i dont know what kind is it thinking, it keep on inserting many fillers ,it keeps on prolonging the story. why do direct to point of the story, it keep us all readers to wonder what gonna happen next,.. that is why this novel have many bashers and spoilers. it keep us making readers to overthink.. hmmpf 🤬🤬🤬

KF Moderator
Reaction score
Hello to the beautiful people of Kijiji Kingdom! Today, the author has no updates for us, so it's a perfect time to spend with friends, family, and the things you love most! Be safe, and don't forget to spread the word about our little realm here. It's our small way to support this site.