An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Also, you can chose not to close the tab you used and come back another day then refresh and it will load the latest update for you
I do the same on my phone and PC.. so if I am at work as long as my PC is on I will always stay online even if I am not around my desk 😅.. and in most days I stay at work for more than 15 hours a day 😫

Hi guys, I'm new here, and a little 'forum illiterate'.. each time I have to use the search bar to get to the chapters, is there a shortcut I can just read where I left off. One more thing, reading through the chats I noticed I missed a chapter. Searching thru 1 - 120 or next pages doesn't help. Thanks.
If you can do something like this, you'll be able to load many story and read laterScreenshot_20240524-051654.png

CHAPTER 2379 WHO COULD STOP HIM

Fast enough?

Indeed, quite fast, just the method was somewhat unexpected.

Lara urged Cedrick to calm down quickly to prevent him from collapsing due to losing his senses, leaving no one to stand against the black-robed old man.

However, she didn't expect Dustin to knock Cedrick out directly.

Though this resolved the issue of Cedrick going mad, the question remained, who would resolve this crisis?

"Senior Brother!"

After a brief moment of daze, the members of the World Society immediately rushed forward to carry the unconscious Cedrick back.

Various shakes, various shouts.

Yet Cedrick slept soundly, not waking no matter how much he was shaken.

"Dr. Rhys, you knocked out my Senior Brother, who will deal with those assassins?" Liana frowned, feeling somewhat bothered.

"You only asked me to calm him down quickly, not necessarily to keep him awake," Dustin shrugged, appearing detached.

"Uh... can you quickly wake Senior Brother up then?" Lara asked again.

"Of course," Dustin nodded.

"Alright, please trouble Dr. Rhys to do it once more and wake Senior Brother up," Lara sighed in relief.

As long as he woke up, there was still a chance to save the situation.

"Okay!" Dustin didn't waste time, taking out a silver needle to get ready.

"Wait!" Liana suddenly spoke up, cautiously inquiring, "Dr. Rhys, nothing unexpected will happen this time, right?"

"No, relax, I have experience with this kind of thing," Dustin assured seriously.

"That's good then, that's good," Liana smiled.

"Let's begin."

Dustin held the silver needle between two fingers and swiftly pierced Cedrick's pressure point.

"Hiss~!"

Cedrick instantly opened his eyes, springing up from the ground and screaming frantically, "Kill, kill, kill! I'll kill you all!"

With that, he grabbed his broadsword and prepared to strike, oblivious to friend or foe, appearing ready to go berserk.

Seeing this scene, Liana's face paled with fright, swiftly resorting to Dustin's earlier method, delivering a powerful chop to the back of Cedrick's neck.

Cedrick grunted and collapsed back to the ground unconscious once more.

"That was close, it almost turned into a disaster."

Watching Cedrick calm down again, Liana couldn't help but release a sigh of relief.

With Cedrick's strength, once he went mad, there really was no one around who could stop him.

"Little Liana, this..."

Lara's expression froze.

Just regained consciousness and immediately knocked out again, isn't this just playing around?

"Sister, there's no other way, just look at Senior Brother's state earlier, you can tell he hasn't fully awakened yet," Liana sounded a bit helpless.

If Cedrick really started fighting, who knows how many people might accidentally get hurt.

CHAPTER 2380 THE STAGE IS YOURS

Master Cedrick's sudden loss of composure baffled Lara. Despite his usual impulsiveness, he had never been this irritable. She pondered, frowning slightly.

"The problem lies with that black-robed old man."

Suddenly, Gabrielle spoke up, "That man must have drugged Cedrick, causing him to become irritable and easily provoked, manipulating him at will."

"So, that's why Senior Brother looks so off," Lara nodded thoughtfully.

"What a despicable man, using such methods to harm others," Liana's pretty face turned cold.

Cedrick was the strongest among them. If he lost his reason and started attacking indiscriminately, it would undoubtedly lead to a tragedy.

"Sheryl, what should we do now? That old man seems quite formidable," Lara couldn't help but furrow her brows as she watched the black-robed old man materialize out of thin air.

"Don't worry, with Doctor Rhys here, that man won't cause much trouble," Gabrielle smiled nonchalantly, showing no concern.

"Doctor Rhys?"

As soon as this was mentioned, the eyes of Lara and her companions turned to Dustin simultaneously, with a mix of curiosity and doubt.

Although Dustin was a master healer, he was ultimately just a doctor, while the other man was a powerful martial arts grandmaster. They were not in the same league at all.

"Why is it always me?" Dustin's expression was somewhat strange.

Since meeting the sisters Lara, he had never had a moment's peace. From making pills to treating illnesses, and now having to clean up Cedrick's mess, and now even being called upon to fight.

"One who is capable must bear more burdens. You can't expect us, weak girls, to engage in fights," Gabrielle playfully winked.

"Sheryl, Doctor Rhys appears thin and weak, can he handle that old man?" Lara scrutinized Dustin from top to bottom.

Fair-skinned, well-mannered, he looked nothing like a warrior but more like a delicate man.

"Indeed, Sheryl, that old man is a martial arts grandmaster, even our Senior Brother is not a match. Can Doctor Rhys really do it?" Liana also wore a skeptical expression.

"Rest assured, as long as Doctor Rhys is willing to act, dealing with that old man will be a breeze," Gabrielle reassured.

"Really? Does Doctor Rhys have some special tricks up his sleeve?" Lara was quite surprised.

Sheryl wouldn't make baseless claims. If she was so confident, then she must have some assurance.

Thus, she was very curious about what hidden techniques Dustin possessed that allowed him to face a martial arts grandmaster.

"Whether there are tricks or not, you'll find out soon enough," Gabrielle smiled slightly, then turned to Dustin, raising an eyebrow, "Doctor Rhys, please, the stage is yours, we'll see your performance next."

Fast enough?

Lara urged Cedrick to calm down quickly to prevent him from collapsing due to losing his senses, leaving no one to stand against the black-robed old man.

Though this resolved the issue of Cedrick going mad, the question remained, who would resolve this crisis?

"Senior Brother!"

After a brief moment of daze, the members of the World Society immediately rushed forward to carry the unconscious Cedrick back.

"Dr. Rhys, you knocked out my Senior Brother, who will deal with those assassins?" Liana frowned, feeling somewhat bothered.

"You only asked me to calm him down quickly, not necessarily to keep him awake," Dustin shrugged, appearing detached.

"Alright, please trouble Dr. Rhys to do it once more and wake Senior Brother up," Lara sighed in relief.

"Wait!" Liana suddenly spoke up, cautiously inquiring, "Dr. Rhys, nothing unexpected will happen this time, right?"

"No, relax, I have experience with this kind of thing," Dustin assured seriously.

"Let's begin."

Dustin held the silver needle between two fingers and swiftly pierced Cedrick's pressure point.

"Hiss~!"

Cedrick instantly opened his eyes, springing up from the ground and screaming frantically, "Kill, kill, kill! I'll kill you all!"

With that, he grabbed his broadsword and prepared to strike, oblivious to friend or foe, appearing ready to go berserk.

Seeing this scene, Liana's face paled with fright, swiftly resorting to Dustin's earlier method, delivering a powerful chop to the back of Cedrick's neck.

Watching Cedrick calm down again, Liana couldn't help but release a sigh of relief.

With Cedrick's strength, once he went mad, there really was no one around who could stop him.

"Little Liana, this..."

Lara's expression froze.

Just regained consciousness and immediately knocked out again, isn't this just playing around?

"Sister, there's no other way, just look at Senior Brother's state earlier, you can tell he hasn't fully awakened yet," Liana sounded a bit helpless.

If Cedrick really started fighting, who knows how many people might accidentally get hurt.

Master Cedrick's sudden loss of composure baffled Lara. Despite his usual impulsiveness, he had never been this irritable. She pondered, frowning slightly.

Suddenly, Gabrielle spoke up, "That man must have drugged Cedrick, causing him to become irritable and easily provoked, manipulating him at will."

"What a despicable man, using such methods to harm others," Liana's pretty face turned cold.

Cedrick was the strongest among them. If he lost his reason and started attacking indiscriminately, it would undoubtedly lead to a tragedy.

"Sheryl, what should we do now? That old man seems quite formidable," Lara couldn't help but furrow her brows as she watched the black-robed old man materialize out of thin air.

"Don't worry, with Doctor Rhys here, that man won't cause much trouble," Gabrielle smiled nonchalantly, showing no concern.

"Doctor Rhys?"

As soon as this was mentioned, the eyes of Lara and her companions turned to Dustin simultaneously, with a mix of curiosity and doubt.

Although Dustin was a master healer, he was ultimately just a doctor, while the other man was a powerful martial arts grandmaster. They were not in the same league at all.

Since meeting the sisters Lara, he had never had a moment's peace. From making pills to treating illnesses, and now having to clean up Cedrick's mess, and now even being called upon to fight.

"One who is capable must bear more burdens. You can't expect us, weak girls, to engage in fights," Gabrielle playfully winked.

"Sheryl, Doctor Rhys appears thin and weak, can he handle that old man?" Lara scrutinized Dustin from top to bottom.

Fair-skinned, well-mannered, he looked nothing like a warrior but more like a delicate man.

"Indeed, Sheryl, that old man is a martial arts grandmaster, even our Senior Brother is not a match. Can Doctor Rhys really do it?" Liana also wore a skeptical expression.

"Rest assured, as long as Doctor Rhys is willing to act, dealing with that old man will be a breeze," Gabrielle reassured.

"Really? Does Doctor Rhys have some special tricks up his sleeve?" Lara was quite surprised.

Sheryl wouldn't make baseless claims. If she was so confident, then she must have some assurance.

Thus, she was very curious about what hidden techniques Dustin possessed that allowed him to face a martial arts grandmaster.

"Whether there are tricks or not, you'll find out soon enough," Gabrielle smiled slightly, then turned to Dustin, raising an eyebrow, "Doctor Rhys, please, the stage is yours, we'll see your performance next."
Any more chapters

Fast enough?

"Senior Brother!"

"Let's begin."

"Hiss~!"

"Little Liana, this..."

Lara's expression froze.

"Doctor Rhys?"

Ever since Gabrielle came back on the scene, the story has taken a rather comic turn. 😅 😅 😅 😅

Gabrielle was gone so long that she was at risk of becoming a fuzzy memory (much like Daliah and Natasha.
But alas, she’s back and we may soon have a new love triangle…

Across all the novels I have read I can only pick two ladies for them except John, that guy is a slut 😂. Dustin - Natasha and Gabrielle, Charlie - Claire and Nanako, Levi is still under my review. That's only if these novels end with polygamous characters

Across all the novels I have read I can only pick two ladies for them except John, that guy is a slut 😂. Dustin - Natasha and Gabrielle, Charlie - Claire and Nanako, Levi is still under my review. That's only if these novels end with polygamous characters
There is no polygamous behaviour with Dustin. He has declared that Natasha is his one and only... If Dustin was a different man, he would have a harem already... but he doesn't. I'm sure Gabrielle has made several flirtatious advances at Dustin (to tease him) but our boy hasn't taken bait 🪤. Hence the reason why Gabrielle trust Dustin and is ok with sleeping in the same tent as him.

Cry baby how you doing?

i know the dustin and charlie, especially john(jared chance in the one i read, dude hes sleeping with a thousand year olds at this point), but whos levi? also claire just seems to be the epitome of bland, i mean i know shes his wife but i prefer almost anyone else to her in the story

i know the dustin and charlie, especially john(jared chance in the one i read, dude hes sleeping with a thousand year olds at this point), but whos levi? also claire just seems to be the epitome of bland, i mean i know shes his wife but i prefer almost anyone else to her in the story
You haven't read Levi Garrison God of War (the protector). The web Novel is also Thrilling just like Charlie but he is more powerful than John infact he is the strongest among all characters across the web novels in this forum

CHAPTER 2381 A SORE SPOT

"Oh yeah, great! Thank you"

Dustin replied unsympathetically.

Originally just responsible for saving people, now forced to fight like a labourer.

After a whole day of hard work, there was no benefit at all, such a loss.

"Don't be so resentful, a little display of your heroic charm in front of these two beauties might just win you some affection," Gabrielle joked in a low voice.

"Forget it, these two are nothing but trouble, I have no interest," Dustin rolled his eyes.

"Hey! What are you whispering about?"

At this point, the black-robed old man in front finally couldn’t help but speak, "I'm giving you two options now, either surrender immediately or meet a tragic fate!"

"A tragic fate? You're quite the talker!"

Dustin stepped forward, gazing directly at the black-robed old man, and said coldly, "You're just skilled in body techniques, your true strength is nothing, the one lying down there, if clever enough, could easily handle you!"

"Arrogant brat! What nonsense are you spouting?!" the black-robed old man scolded.

"Stop pretending, amateurs may not see it, but I can tell right away what your trick is."

Dustin said expressionlessly, "If I'm not mistaken, you’ve only focused on footwork for decades, excelling in this area even surpassing many masters. Unfortunately, your true power is lacking, easy against ordinary innate experts, but when facing master-level opponents, you can only rely on deceit and intimidation to win."

After careful observation just now, the black-robed old man's cultivation was likely at the half-step master level, not a true breakthrough.

In terms of absolute strength, he was weaker than Cedrick.

But his greatest advantage was his impeccable footwork, making it impossible for his opponents to touch him.

In this way, the black-robed old man could play the role of a mysterious expert, making opponents fearful and retreat.

This was also why the black-robed old man drugged Cedrick, because he couldn't win in a direct confrontation, thus using deceitful tactics to make Cedrick lose his rationality and exhaust himself.

"You... you talk too recklessly!"

Seemingly hitting a sore spot, the black-robed old man instantly became furious, "You brat! How dare you question my strength, you're asking for it! Come forward and I can smack you down with just one strike!"

"Is that so? Let's see how capable you are."

Dustin chuckled, seemingly unafraid of the threat, and walked straight towards him.

CHAPTER 2382 A TOOTHLESS TIGER

The calmness of his actions left the black-robed old man slightly stunned.

Given the imposing aura he had just displayed, which was in no way inferior to that of a martial arts grandmaster, normal people would have felt intimidated and hesitant upon encountering him.

Yet, he could seize this opportunity to once again establish his powerful image.

However, he did not expect Dustin to act so unexpectedly, without any hesitation, coming straight at him.

Is this kid fearless because he is young and ignorant, or does he have some sort of reliance?

Furrowing his brow, the black-robed old man was momentarily unsure.

"Hey, aren't you going to slap me to death? Come on then, I'll just stand here and let you do it without dodging!"

Standing confidently with his hands behind his back, Dustin's tone was calm yet subtly arrogant.

"You ignorant fool! Since you seek death, then let me grant your wish!"

Unable to contain his anger, the black-robed old man disregarded further contemplation and swiftly moved forward, delivering a fierce palm strike aimed at Dustin's head.

*Buzz~!*

A thunderous sound reverberated as a semi-transparent giant palm shadow materialised out of thin air, descending on Dustin as if Mount Tai was crashing down on him.

Being a high-level expert at the quasi-grandmaster level, the black-robed old man still harboured some fear facing a martial arts grandmaster.

Against an ordinary expert at the innate level, he would have easily overwhelmed them.

Moreover, with his agility, even if he couldn't win, he could always flee, so he attacked without any hesitation.

"Meet your end!"

Seeing Dustin stand unwavering, the black-robed old man's killing intent surged as he increased the force behind his strike.

However, just as the black-robed old man's palm was about to make contact with Dustin's head, a protective barrier suddenly appeared.

The full force of the black-robed old man's strike landed solidly on the barrier.

*Bang!*

A loud explosion ensued.

The concentrated profound and clear true energy palm shadow created by the black-robed old man burst on impact, dissolving into a gust of wind.

The tremendous impact sent him staggering back over ten steps.

For a moment, his arms tingled, and his blood and Qi surged chaotically within him.

In contrast, Dustin remained standing with hands behind his back, completely unaffected from head to toe, as if he had not been hit at all.

"How is this possible?!"

Witnessing this scene, the black-robed old man's face turned pale with shock.

He had used his full strength with that palm strike just now, which had struck Dustin squarely.

Why was there no reaction from the other party?

What exactly was happening?

"So, this is your strength? Truly frighteningly weak."

Shaking his head, Dustin wore an expression as if looking at a clown.

As expected, the black-robed old man before him was nothing more than a toothless tiger.

CHAPTER 2383 ONCE-IN-A-MILLENNIUM EXTRAORDINARY TALENT

"What's going on? Did Dr. Rhys actually block that strike just now?"

"Oh my goodness! That was an attack from a Grandmaster of martial arts, yet Dr. Rhys actually took it head-on with his own body unscathed. It's truly unbelievable!"

"I never thought Dr. Rhys, at such a young age, would possess such incredible strength. He really keeps his abilities well hidden!"

Witnessing Dr. Rhys take a blow as if nothing happened left the disciples from all over the world in awe and disbelief.

After all, that figure in black robes was a formidable opponent even their senior brother couldn't handle.

So initially, when they saw Dr. Rhys step forward to challenge him, they were not optimistic, even thinking that Dr. Rhys was walking into a death trap.

However, no one anticipated that the seemingly ordinary Dr. Rhys actually had such profound skills.

"Sheryl, could it be that Dr. Rhys has already reached the level of a Grandmaster?"

Lara widened her beautiful eyes, looking somewhat astonished.

Even though Gabrielle had mentioned it beforehand, she still held some doubts within her.

Having exceptional medical skills alone was already extremely rare.

Many doctors spend their whole lives without reaching half the level of Dr. Rhys.

But the key point was, Dr. Rhys was not only outstanding in medicine, but also excelled in martial arts, surpassing many.

Such a top talent practising both medicine and martial arts was unseen by her before.

"A Grandmaster?"

Gabrielle smiled faintly, not denying it: "You could say that."

The person in front of them was not just a Grandmaster in martial arts. He was a once-in-a-millennium extraordinary talent, ranked first in the world, standing at the pinnacle of existence.

His level of skill had already reached the realm of a Grandmaster long ago.

Dealing with these minor characters required no effort at all.

"Being both a divine doctor and a Grandmaster, who is this Dr. Rhys exactly?" Liana expressed her surprise, but more so, her confusion.

She had heard of almost all the notable youths in the martial world, yet Dr. Rhys's name remained unheard of.

Normally, a talent as exceptional as Dr. Rhys, excelling in both medicine and martial arts, should have been well-known by now.

However, this person seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, remaining unknown, which was quite peculiar.

Either he was a recluse who disregarded fame and fortune, or he intentionally concealed his identity.

"Kid! Who are you exactly? State your name!"

The black-robed old man now had a serious expression, as if facing a formidable enemy.

Previously underestimating Dr. Rhys, he now realized, after witnessing his strength, that this unremarkable young man before him was even more powerful than the chief disciple, Cedrick, of the World Society.

"It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is, who is behind your actions?" Dr. Rhys asked calmly.

"Hmph! Trying to trick me into talking? You must be dreaming!"

The black-robed old man scowled, saying, "Kid! It doesn't matter who you are or what your background is. If you know what's good for you, you better leave now, or else don't blame me for being ruthless!"

"What's this, still pretending at this point? Are you going to keep up the act?" Dr. Rhys sneered.

"Kid! Don't be too arrogant! I only used less than ten percent of my power before, that's why you got a little advantage. Once I go all out, you'll be dead for sure!" the black-robed old man threatened fiercely.

CHAPTER 2384 A UNIQUE TECHNIQUE

With his words, his whole person's momentum surged, and a fierce wind howled around him.

A powerful pressure instantly burst out, directly enveloping everyone's minds.

Everyone felt a sinking sensation in their bodies, as if an invisible force was pressing down on their shoulders.

"Kid! Can you feel it? This is the aura of a martial arts grandmaster! As long as I get serious, I can easily crush you like swatting a fly!" The black-robed old man's hair and robes fluttered in the wind, creating a fearsome sight.

He looked particularly intimidating.

"I didn't expect that old guy to still be hiding his strength. Looks like Doctor Rhys is in trouble now!" Seeing the sudden change in the black-robed old man's aura, Lara couldn't help but furrow her brow, showing some concern.

Although Dustin is a martial arts grandmaster, he is still too young and lacks sufficient strength.

When facing some powerful grandmasters, he appears to be capable but powerless.

The aura of the black-robed old man in front of them is so terrifying, clearly not an ordinary grandmaster.

"I'll immediately inform the top experts of the World Society to come and support us. We can't let Doctor Rhys take risks for us." Liana took out his phone, ready to make a call for help.

"No need."

Gabrielle smiled faintly. "That old guy looks formidable on the surface, but in reality, he's not that strong. Once they start fighting, Doctor Rhys can easily handle it."

"Really?" Liana furrowed his brows slightly, looking at the black-robed old man. "His aura is mysterious, comparable to our World Society elders. How can you say he's not that strong?"

"Aura can be altered."

Gabrielle explained with a smile. "There is a secret method in this world. By practising it, not only can you conceal your aura, but you can also change it at any time. Despite not enhancing one's actual power, it can create a frightening effect."

"Are you saying... that old guy is just bluffing?" Liana quickly realized.

"Exactly." Gabrielle nodded. "If that old guy were truly a top expert, why would he talk so much nonsense? He's an assassin, and if he's confident in easily dealing with his target, why would he drag things out?"

"Good point!" Liana agreed with a nod.

Assassins are ruthless and unprincipled. They will go to any lengths to eliminate their target.

Yet, the black-robed old man behaves unusually, engaging in verbal sparring from the moment he appeared, without ever truly attacking.

After finally striking a blow, he was pushed back more than ten steps by Dustin.

It all seems quite strange.

"Wait a minute! If that old guy isn't strong, how do you explain his mysterious and unpredictable footwork earlier?" Lara suddenly asked.

"Doctor Rhys has already explained. Although that old guy's cultivation is average, he has dedicated decades to perfecting his footwork, mastering a unique technique. His proficiency in footwork surpasses many martial arts grandmasters, which is the key to his deception."

Gabrielle explained with a smile. "Of course, having excellent footwork gives him a significant advantage in combat, allowing him to deal with some innate masters effortlessly. However, when facing a grandmaster, with his current strength, that old guy won't be able to break their defenses!"

Thanks a lot immortal Junlee. Actually I had thought that the platform was well set for all the onlookers to go at Dustin undermining his abilities, comparing with Cedric that even if their senior brother can't handle it, how he would be able to and so forth and we might have to wait for a while week for Dustin to move his finger yet. But luckily Dustin got into action and there is less onlookers loose talk. However still Dustin is yet to move his finger.

Cry baby? 😂 I don't wish to be a dragon among men again. A lot of people hold that title now in this forum. I wish to be a simple person living a simple life yet terrifying if provoked. I just want to enjoy a simple and peaceful life
Aha.. it seems to me that Levi has consumed your mind and now you want to be like him 😅

CHAPTER 2381 A SORE SPOT

Originally just responsible for saving people, now forced to fight like a labourer.

"Don't be so resentful, a little display of your heroic charm in front of these two beauties might just win you some affection," Gabrielle joked in a low voice.

"Forget it, these two are nothing but trouble, I have no interest," Dustin rolled his eyes.

At this point, the black-robed old man in front finally couldn’t help but speak, "I'm giving you two options now, either surrender immediately or meet a tragic fate!"

Dustin stepped forward, gazing directly at the black-robed old man, and said coldly, "You're just skilled in body techniques, your true strength is nothing, the one lying down there, if clever enough, could easily handle you!"

"Arrogant brat! What nonsense are you spouting?!" the black-robed old man scolded.

"Stop pretending, amateurs may not see it, but I can tell right away what your trick is."

Dustin said expressionlessly, "If I'm not mistaken, you’ve only focused on footwork for decades, excelling in this area even surpassing many masters. Unfortunately, your true power is lacking, easy against ordinary innate experts, but when facing master-level opponents, you can only rely on deceit and intimidation to win."

After careful observation just now, the black-robed old man's cultivation was likely at the half-step master level, not a true breakthrough.

But his greatest advantage was his impeccable footwork, making it impossible for his opponents to touch him.

In this way, the black-robed old man could play the role of a mysterious expert, making opponents fearful and retreat.

This was also why the black-robed old man drugged Cedrick, because he couldn't win in a direct confrontation, thus using deceitful tactics to make Cedrick lose his rationality and exhaust himself.

Seemingly hitting a sore spot, the black-robed old man instantly became furious, "You brat! How dare you question my strength, you're asking for it! Come forward and I can smack you down with just one strike!"

Dustin chuckled, seemingly unafraid of the threat, and walked straight towards him.

Given the imposing aura he had just displayed, which was in no way inferior to that of a martial arts grandmaster, normal people would have felt intimidated and hesitant upon encountering him.

Yet, he could seize this opportunity to once again establish his powerful image.

However, he did not expect Dustin to act so unexpectedly, without any hesitation, coming straight at him.

Is this kid fearless because he is young and ignorant, or does he have some sort of reliance?

"Hey, aren't you going to slap me to death? Come on then, I'll just stand here and let you do it without dodging!"

Standing confidently with his hands behind his back, Dustin's tone was calm yet subtly arrogant.

Unable to contain his anger, the black-robed old man disregarded further contemplation and swiftly moved forward, delivering a fierce palm strike aimed at Dustin's head.

*Buzz~!*

A thunderous sound reverberated as a semi-transparent giant palm shadow materialised out of thin air, descending on Dustin as if Mount Tai was crashing down on him.

Being a high-level expert at the quasi-grandmaster level, the black-robed old man still harboured some fear facing a martial arts grandmaster.

Against an ordinary expert at the innate level, he would have easily overwhelmed them.

Moreover, with his agility, even if he couldn't win, he could always flee, so he attacked without any hesitation.

"Meet your end!"

Seeing Dustin stand unwavering, the black-robed old man's killing intent surged as he increased the force behind his strike.

However, just as the black-robed old man's palm was about to make contact with Dustin's head, a protective barrier suddenly appeared.

The full force of the black-robed old man's strike landed solidly on the barrier.

*Bang!*

A loud explosion ensued.

The concentrated profound and clear true energy palm shadow created by the black-robed old man burst on impact, dissolving into a gust of wind.

For a moment, his arms tingled, and his blood and Qi surged chaotically within him.

In contrast, Dustin remained standing with hands behind his back, completely unaffected from head to toe, as if he had not been hit at all.

"How is this possible?!"

He had used his full strength with that palm strike just now, which had struck Dustin squarely.

As expected, the black-robed old man before him was nothing more than a toothless tiger.

"Oh my goodness! That was an attack from a Grandmaster of martial arts, yet Dr. Rhys actually took it head-on with his own body unscathed. It's truly unbelievable!"

"I never thought Dr. Rhys, at such a young age, would possess such incredible strength. He really keeps his abilities well hidden!"

Witnessing Dr. Rhys take a blow as if nothing happened left the disciples from all over the world in awe and disbelief.

After all, that figure in black robes was a formidable opponent even their senior brother couldn't handle.

So initially, when they saw Dr. Rhys step forward to challenge him, they were not optimistic, even thinking that Dr. Rhys was walking into a death trap.

However, no one anticipated that the seemingly ordinary Dr. Rhys actually had such profound skills.

"Sheryl, could it be that Dr. Rhys has already reached the level of a Grandmaster?"

Even though Gabrielle had mentioned it beforehand, she still held some doubts within her.

Many doctors spend their whole lives without reaching half the level of Dr. Rhys.

But the key point was, Dr. Rhys was not only outstanding in medicine, but also excelled in martial arts, surpassing many.

Such a top talent practising both medicine and martial arts was unseen by her before.

"A Grandmaster?"

The person in front of them was not just a Grandmaster in martial arts. He was a once-in-a-millennium extraordinary talent, ranked first in the world, standing at the pinnacle of existence.

"Being both a divine doctor and a Grandmaster, who is this Dr. Rhys exactly?" Liana expressed her surprise, but more so, her confusion.

She had heard of almost all the notable youths in the martial world, yet Dr. Rhys's name remained unheard of.

Normally, a talent as exceptional as Dr. Rhys, excelling in both medicine and martial arts, should have been well-known by now.

However, this person seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, remaining unknown, which was quite peculiar.

Either he was a recluse who disregarded fame and fortune, or he intentionally concealed his identity.

The black-robed old man now had a serious expression, as if facing a formidable enemy.

Previously underestimating Dr. Rhys, he now realized, after witnessing his strength, that this unremarkable young man before him was even more powerful than the chief disciple, Cedrick, of the World Society.

"It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is, who is behind your actions?" Dr. Rhys asked calmly.

The black-robed old man scowled, saying, "Kid! It doesn't matter who you are or what your background is. If you know what's good for you, you better leave now, or else don't blame me for being ruthless!"

"What's this, still pretending at this point? Are you going to keep up the act?" Dr. Rhys sneered.

"Kid! Don't be too arrogant! I only used less than ten percent of my power before, that's why you got a little advantage. Once I go all out, you'll be dead for sure!" the black-robed old man threatened fiercely.

With his words, his whole person's momentum surged, and a fierce wind howled around him.

Everyone felt a sinking sensation in their bodies, as if an invisible force was pressing down on their shoulders.

"Kid! Can you feel it? This is the aura of a martial arts grandmaster! As long as I get serious, I can easily crush you like swatting a fly!" The black-robed old man's hair and robes fluttered in the wind, creating a fearsome sight.

"I didn't expect that old guy to still be hiding his strength. Looks like Doctor Rhys is in trouble now!" Seeing the sudden change in the black-robed old man's aura, Lara couldn't help but furrow her brow, showing some concern.

Although Dustin is a martial arts grandmaster, he is still too young and lacks sufficient strength.

The aura of the black-robed old man in front of them is so terrifying, clearly not an ordinary grandmaster.

"I'll immediately inform the top experts of the World Society to come and support us. We can't let Doctor Rhys take risks for us." Liana took out his phone, ready to make a call for help.

"No need."

Gabrielle smiled faintly. "That old guy looks formidable on the surface, but in reality, he's not that strong. Once they start fighting, Doctor Rhys can easily handle it."

"Really?" Liana furrowed his brows slightly, looking at the black-robed old man. "His aura is mysterious, comparable to our World Society elders. How can you say he's not that strong?"

"Aura can be altered."

Gabrielle explained with a smile. "There is a secret method in this world. By practising it, not only can you conceal your aura, but you can also change it at any time. Despite not enhancing one's actual power, it can create a frightening effect."

"Exactly." Gabrielle nodded. "If that old guy were truly a top expert, why would he talk so much nonsense? He's an assassin, and if he's confident in easily dealing with his target, why would he drag things out?"

Assassins are ruthless and unprincipled. They will go to any lengths to eliminate their target.

Yet, the black-robed old man behaves unusually, engaging in verbal sparring from the moment he appeared, without ever truly attacking.

After finally striking a blow, he was pushed back more than ten steps by Dustin.

"Wait a minute! If that old guy isn't strong, how do you explain his mysterious and unpredictable footwork earlier?" Lara suddenly asked.

"Doctor Rhys has already explained. Although that old guy's cultivation is average, he has dedicated decades to perfecting his footwork, mastering a unique technique. His proficiency in footwork surpasses many martial arts grandmasters, which is the key to his deception."

Gabrielle explained with a smile. "Of course, having excellent footwork gives him a significant advantage in combat, allowing him to deal with some innate masters effortlessly. However, when facing a grandmaster, with his current strength, that old guy won't be able to break their defenses!"
Thanks IGGM Junlee.
Quite a good read too.
Maybe a new author has taken over the story...

Cry baby? 😂 I don't wish to be a dragon among men again. A lot of people hold that title now in this forum. I wish to be a simple person living a simple life yet terrifying if provoked. I just want to enjoy a simple and peaceful life
Ahaha. There are many grandmaster don't be jealous. Only one cry baby 🐉 dragon

CHAPTER 2381 A SORE SPOT

*Buzz~!*

"Meet your end!"

*Bang!*

A loud explosion ensued.

"How is this possible?!"

"A Grandmaster?"

"No need."

"Aura can be altered."

I wish the author could go straight to the point. This thing of explaining who is who, what level one is, is too repetitive. One simple sentence could make a whole meaning. We could have like four to five chapters a day instead of this whole explanations.