An Understated Dominance Chapter 1301 to Chapter 2422 - English Version Translated by NAZMUL

English Version Translated by NAZMUL

An Understated Dominance is a Urban novel for men, telling a story of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys had been married for three years. "An Understated Dominance" delves into themes of ambition, power and the price of success. The novel explores the complexities of relationships and so on.

Chapter 2160: Wait a moment

"Indeed! If we don't root out that assassin, all of us are in danger!" Lana said sternly.

She was deeply troubled by Bruce's murder.

Moreover, she didn't consider herself stronger than Bruce. If the assassin could kill Bruce, then it would be effortless for them to kill her too.

"We've already discussed the plan to lure the snake out of its hole. Combined with Lord Dustin's impressive performance during the test, I believe we can quickly attract the assassin's attention. Perhaps, the assassin will act tonight!" Zion said in a lowered voice.

"The sun has already set. We need to prepare early," Lana said, looking up at the sky.

On the western horizon, there was only a trace of lingering twilight.

In less than half an hour, night would shroud the earth.

"Brother Dustin, we appreciate your efforts," Zion said solemnly. "But rest assured, I have contacted Raul from the World Martial Arts Society, and he will fully support our plan. Once the assassin appears, we will all rise up against him, and you won't have to bear the risk alone."

"No worries. Since I've agreed to be the bait, I'm prepared accordingly. You just need to make arrangements without worrying about my safety," Dustin said with a faint smile.

"Alright, let's proceed according to the plan!" Zion nodded, then led the others to leave first.

After the incident of lifting the tripod just now, Dustin's heroic deeds would soon spread.

According to the assassin's habits, young and talented martial artists like Dustin should be their primary targets, and they wouldn't let them off easily.

As long as the assassin targeted Dustin, they would have a chance to catch him.

Of course, to lure out the assassin sooner, they needed to create a suitable environment for assassination proactively.

Although it was risky, it was worth a try.
Night quickly fell.

In the restaurant.

Dustin sat by the window, drinking alone, his face flushed, looking drunk.

The night grew deeper.

The deserted streets had few pedestrians, making it quite desolate.

The cold wind blew, causing the branches to sway and the fallen leaves to flutter.

"Brother Dustin, any discoveries?" Zion's voice came through Dustin's earpiece.

To avoid alerting the assassin, Zion and his team had hidden themselves well and were communicating quietly through their earpieces.

"I haven't found any suspicious individuals yet," Dustin replied softly.

"How could this be? It's already late at night. Why hasn't the assassin shown up yet? Could it be that they already know about our plan?" Lana's voice came through the earpiece.

"That's impossible! Only a few of us know about the plan. It couldn't have leaked out!" Zion denied firmly.

Apart from a few key members, no one knew what they were up to.

"Could it be that the assassin doesn't consider Brother Dustin a target?" Willa's voice rang out.

"It's hard to say. The enemy is in the dark, and we are in the light. Right now, all we can do is wait and see if the assassin takes the bait," Zion said somewhat helplessly.

Although it was a plan to lure the snake out of its hole, whether they could catch the assassin or not was beyond their control. They still had to rely on luck and whether the assassin would give them an opportunity.

"Wait a moment! I've spotted a suspicious target approaching the restaurant!" At this moment, Cassius's voice suddenly sounded, instantly capturing everyone's attention.
Thank you Grandmaster Nazmul😊😊

I haven't read that one yet. Any good?
Try to read that and also try and read *No Ordinary Man Jared Chance* very interesting now on chapter 3457. Looking for new updates tho.

Reactions: Rav
well im
Try to read that and also try and read *No Ordinary Man Jared Chance* very interesting now on chapter 3457. Looking for new updates tho.
currently at 3681, pretty cool yeah

Chapter 2161: Heading back

"Where is the target? How far is it from the restaurant?"

In the earpiece, Zion's voice suddenly raised by two degrees, sounding quite excited.

In addition to the skilled ambushers, there were also many hidden scouts around the restaurant, and Cassius was one of them.

Whenever there was any movement, they could know it instantly.

"At the intersection of East Street, about two hundred meters from the restaurant."

Cassius's voice rang out again, accurately reporting the location.

"What is the person's appearance?" Zion asked again.

"It seems to be dressed in black and masked. It's hard to see clearly from a distance," Cassius replied.

As the sky was getting dark, visibility was low, and he could only make out a rough outline.

"That should be him!" Zion lowered his voice, "Everyone, listen to my command. Once the assassin enters the ambush zone, immediately encircle and attack!"

After eagerly anticipating, they finally spotted the assassin.

Listening to the voices in the earpiece, Dustin glanced out of the window.

Sure enough, a blurry figure appeared at the intersection of East Street.

The figure was hidden in the darkness, moving slowly and occasionally looking around, appearing very vigilant.

As the figure walked, it seemed to notice something, suddenly stopped, and remained motionless.

After standing still for three seconds, the figure, without hesitation, turned around and walked back, picking up the pace.

"Bad! He's heading back!" Cassius suddenly exclaimed.

"What? Heading back? Did we expose ourselves?" Lana's voice sounded.

"This guy is too alert; he must have noticed something," Cassius explained.

"Lord Zion, what should we do now? Should we pursue?" Willa asked.

"We can't afford to miss this opportunity. Everyone, take action!" Zion did not hesitate, giving the order to attack.

"Go!"

Following Zion's command, the skilled individuals ambushed around the area leaped out, rushing towards the figure.

The figure, without any hesitation, sprinted at a remarkable speed upon confirming the ambush, and the martial artists chased while taking shortcuts to surround.

For a moment, the streets became particularly noisy.

Footsteps, shouts, and curses echoed one after another.

Dustin sat in the restaurant, looked through the window at the gradually receding crowd, deep in thought.

He did not join the pursuit but continued to drink.

He had a premonition that the person just now was not the real assassin.

If Tucker's information was correct, the true assassin should have congenital deficiencies.

Even if powerful, their movements would be somewhat uncoordinated due to physical limitations.

The figure that had just escaped moved smoothly and showed no signs of impairment.

So, with high probability, it was not the real assassin.

Of course, it couldn't be ruled out that the person was an accomplice of the assassin.

Then the question arose: If the assassin wasn't here, where would they appear?

"Tak, tak, tak..."

At this moment, a slow and rhythmic footstep suddenly sounded behind him.

The restaurant was now empty, with only Dustin sitting alone, making the footsteps particularly conspicuous.

Even though they were faint, they seemed abrupt.

Chapter 2162: Kill him!

"Hmm?" Dustin turned to look.

He saw a man in black, with both hands holding a sword, and a masked face, slowly ascending the stairs.

"Are you Dustin?" the man in black asked in a low voice.

"Yes, I am," Dustin nodded.

"Your plan is not bad—lure the snake out of its hole and then catch them all. Unfortunately, we've already seen through it," the man in black sneered. "Now, you're alone with no assistance, and all that awaits you is death!"

"Mutual feelings. In a one-on-one fight, you might not have the upper hand," Dustin said calmly.

"Who said I want to fight you one-on-one?"

The man in black laughed and then lightly clapped his hands twice.

"Clap! Clap!"

As the applause faded, two shadows suddenly shot in through the windows on both sides—two more masked assassins in black.

The three stood side by side, not only dressed alike but also similar in height and build, making it difficult to distinguish between them.

"Three against one, we have the advantage now," the man in black at the center chuckled.

"What is your identity? Why are you assassinating elite disciples from various sects?" Dustin asked with a calm expression.

Initially, he thought there was only one assassin, but it turned out to be an organized and planned group.

The situation seemed to be more serious than he had anticipated.

"Who we are, you're not qualified to know. Moreover, you're a dying man, why bother asking so much?" the man in black sneered.

"It doesn't matter if you don't say now. You'll confess soon enough," Dustin slowly stood up, his gaze gradually turning cold.

"Kill him!"

The man in black didn't waste words, directly issuing the order to kill.

"Clang!"

The two black-clad assassins on either side drew their swords simultaneously.

Then, with a step, they turned into two residual images, rushing towards Dustin.

The speed at which the two wielded their swords was so fast that an ordinary innate martial artist couldn't see the moves clearly.

Facing the attack, Dustin kicked over a table, simultaneously retreating, floating down from the window, and landing on the street outside the restaurant.

The table he kicked spun in the air and smashed toward the two assassins.

"Whoosh!"

A sound of shattering echoed.

The wooden table was torn into pieces by the sword energy of the two assassins.

"Chase!"

Seeing Dustin escaping outside, the three assassins leaped up, quickly pursuing.

However, as soon as they landed, the three suddenly stopped.

Because they noticed that Dustin didn't take advantage of the situation to escape but stood quietly about ten meters ahead, seemingly waiting for something.

"What's this? Realizing you can't escape, so you give up struggling?" The man in black in the middle mocked.

"Escape?" Dustin shook his head and smiled. "Who said I want to escape? I'm just afraid of breaking things in the restaurant. I'll have to compensate later."

"Facing imminent death, you're still concerned about such trivial matters?" The man in black looked at him as if he were a fool.

"Can't help it, I'm a responsible person." Dustin shrugged.

"An ignorant fool! I'll send you on your way now!"

Seeing Dustin's lazy appearance, an unnamed anger rose in the man in black's heart.

Without further ado, he directly drew his sword and thrust it forward.

The other two assassins followed suit, launching their attacks.

For a moment, sword shadows wreaked havoc, and the wind howled around them.

Chapter 2163: Break for me

Facing the attack of three assassins, Dustin stood still, not dodging or avoiding, just lifting his foot and lightly stamping the ground.

"Boom!"

A dull sound echoed as the ground was directly stamped with a deep footprint.

At the same time, a powerful energy erupted from Dustin's body, quickly forming a translucent shield in front of him.

The swords of the three assassins happened to stab against the shield.

"Hum~!"

Accompanied by a loud roar.

The three swords, after piercing the shield, extended more than three inches forward but did not pierce through it.

Dustin's shield was as tough as a steel wire mesh.

Even though it was deformed by the swords, it remained undamaged.

"What?!"

Seeing their attacks ineffective, the man in black couldn't help but change his expression.

Since taking a secret medicine some time ago, he had already broken through to the level of Grandmaster. Coupled with the two semi-Grandmaster-level experts beside him and the mysterious iron sword in his hand, it was impossible for anyone to block their swords unless Dustin had extremely strong defensive gear.

But now, Dustin had no defensive equipment at all. He easily resolved their attacks with just his own True Qi protection, which was truly astonishing.

How powerful was this guy exactly?

"Break for me!"

The man in black did not stop. He roared and immediately mobilized all his True Qi, increasing the force of his attack, trying to break Dustin's defense.

The other two assassins assisted in the attack from the side.

"Hum~!"

The three swords began to vibrate frantically, and countless sharp sword energies continuously bombarded the shield.

The sword tips pressed against the translucent shield, extending another inch forward.

They were only a foot away from Dustin's chest.

The three assassins gritted their teeth, gripping the sword handles tightly, and pushing their legs against the ground, trying to increase the impact force.

But even though the ground was torn apart and they were sweating profusely, panting heavily, there was still no sign of damage to the shield.

Dustin stood quietly in place, without moving a muscle, his expression calm.

After about a minute of stalemate, Dustin finally moved.

He slowly raised his hand and flicked it gently toward the shield in front of him.

"Bang!"

A loud explosion.

The shield burst on the spot, and a powerful shockwave erupted instantly.

The three swords were directly shattered into pieces, and the three assassins were thrown more than ten meters away, then heavily fell to the ground, coughing up blood.

For a moment, they couldn't even get up.

"With your strength, you shouldn't be able to kill Gary. It seems that there are even more powerful killers behind you."

Dustin stood with his hands behind his back, looking down at the three assassins.

Although Gary was somewhat arrogant, his knife skills were exquisite, and his cultivation was profound. He had reached the level of Grandmaster at a young age.

But the three people in front of him, only the man in black barely reached the level of Grandmaster, while the other two assassins had yet to break through the restraints.

Chapter 2164: A distress signal

Even if the three of them joined forces, it would still be impossible to slay someone as deeply talented as Gary.

"You... You're so powerful? Who are you?!" The man in black covered his chest, his face showing astonishment.

With just one strike, the three of them were heavily injured and coughing up blood. The strength of the person in front of them far exceeded his estimation.

"What? Before you acted, didn't you investigate me?" Dustin countered.

"Your feat of lifting one hundred thousand kilograms bronze tripod, of course, we know about it. Otherwise, the organization wouldn't have sent the three of us at the same time. It's just that we didn't expect..." The man in black hesitated.

"You didn't expect me to be like a steel plate, and the three of you couldn't budge me?" Dustin smiled ambiguously.

The man in black didn't answer, his expression changing constantly.

He had to admit that it was a misjudgment by the organization that led them to underestimate their opponent.

If they had known that the person in front of them was so difficult to deal with, they should have sent that monster.

"Alright, I won't waste time with you. Now you have only two choices, either confess voluntarily, or I'll use severe methods to force you to speak. Choose." Dustin's tone was cold.

"Hmph! Do you think you've won? Let me tell you the truth, anyone we target will not survive in this world!" The man in black sneered.

Then he suddenly pulled out a signal flare from his pocket and shot it into the sky.

"Swish~Boom!"

The red signal flare shot straight into the sky, then exploded with a loud bang.

A gorgeous firework bloomed in the night sky, dazzling and beautiful, lingering for a long time.

In an instant, everyone within a radius of ten miles was attracted by this firework.

At the same time, more than a dozen shadows lurking near Infernal Mountain began to gather from various directions towards the explosion point of the firework.

These were all assassins hidden in the dark.

"Sending a distress signal?" Dustin raised his head, looking at the fireworks in the sky, a cold smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

He was just thinking about how to capture this killer organization in one fell swoop.

And now, with the signal flare, he didn't need to actively seek them out; the assassins would come to him.

"Kid! This is our organization's signal flare. As soon as it's sent out, all members will converge immediately. If I were you, I would run for my life now. Otherwise, once our reinforcements arrive, you'll have only one way to go – death!" The man in black said sternly.

He said this not to warn Dustin out of kindness but purely to save his own life.

They couldn't win in a fight, so they could only rely on intimidating the other side.

"To be honest, I didn't know where to find you at first. But now, I don't need to bother because you've already fallen into my trap." Dustin smiled faintly.

"Kid! Don't be too arrogant! I know you have some skills, but there are countless experts in our organization. Compared to them, you're just a small fry. Do you really think you can destroy our organization with just a few small characters like you? You're just seeking your own death!" The man in black sneered.

They dared to cause trouble near Infernal Mountain, naturally, they had strong power and confidence.

If they couldn't even deal with this kid in front of them, how could they confront the entire martial world?

How could they achieve their grand ambitions?

Chapter 2164: A distress signal

Even if the three of them joined forces, it would still be impossible to slay someone as deeply talented as Gary.

"You... You're so powerful? Who are you?!" The man in black covered his chest, his face showing astonishment.

With just one strike, the three of them were heavily injured and coughing up blood. The strength of the person in front of them far exceeded his estimation.

"What? Before you acted, didn't you investigate me?" Dustin countered.

"Your feat of lifting one hundred thousand kilograms bronze tripod, of course, we know about it. Otherwise, the organization wouldn't have sent the three of us at the same time. It's just that we didn't expect..." The man in black hesitated.

"You didn't expect me to be like a steel plate, and the three of you couldn't budge me?" Dustin smiled ambiguously.

The man in black didn't answer, his expression changing constantly.

He had to admit that it was a misjudgment by the organization that led them to underestimate their opponent.

If they had known that the person in front of them was so difficult to deal with, they should have sent that monster.

"Alright, I won't waste time with you. Now you have only two choices, either confess voluntarily, or I'll use severe methods to force you to speak. Choose." Dustin's tone was cold.

"Hmph! Do you think you've won? Let me tell you the truth, anyone we target will not survive in this world!" The man in black sneered.

Then he suddenly pulled out a signal flare from his pocket and shot it into the sky.

"Swish~Boom!"

The red signal flare shot straight into the sky, then exploded with a loud bang.

A gorgeous firework bloomed in the night sky, dazzling and beautiful, lingering for a long time.

In an instant, everyone within a radius of ten miles was attracted by this firework.

At the same time, more than a dozen shadows lurking near Infernal Mountain began to gather from various directions towards the explosion point of the firework.

These were all assassins hidden in the dark.

"Sending a distress signal?" Dustin raised his head, looking at the fireworks in the sky, a cold smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

He was just thinking about how to capture this killer organization in one fell swoop.

And now, with the signal flare, he didn't need to actively seek them out; the assassins would come to him.

"Kid! This is our organization's signal flare. As soon as it's sent out, all members will converge immediately. If I were you, I would run for my life now. Otherwise, once our reinforcements arrive, you'll have only one way to go – death!" The man in black said sternly.

He said this not to warn Dustin out of kindness but purely to save his own life.

They couldn't win in a fight, so they could only rely on intimidating the other side.

"To be honest, I didn't know where to find you at first. But now, I don't need to bother because you've already fallen into my trap." Dustin smiled faintly.

"Kid! Don't be too arrogant! I know you have some skills, but there are countless experts in our organization. Compared to them, you're just a small fry. Do you really think you can destroy our organization with just a few small characters like you? You're just seeking your own death!" The man in black sneered.

They dared to cause trouble near Infernal Mountain, naturally, they had strong power and confidence.

If they couldn't even deal with this kid in front of them, how could they confront the entire martial world?

How could they achieve their grand ambitions?
🙄🙄🙄

I remember when some of us were complaining of him posting two chapters daily when it wasn't his fault at all but from the author, now he has decided to be waiting for some while so he can be posting at least 5 chapters at a time. Yet we are still complaining. Humans are the most difficult specie to satisfy. 😒😒😒

I remember when some of us were complaining of him posting two chapters daily when it wasn't his fault at all but from the author, now he has decided to be waiting for some while so he can be posting at least 5 chapters at a time. Yet we are still complaining. Humans are the most difficult specie to satisfy. 😒😒😒
Just wait and keep refreshing this forum.. Thats what i do.. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks GM Nazmul for this neat work. Really appreciate it.

This story really is going nowhere
the author keep trying to expand the story all the while forgetting the main story

isn't this supposed to be dustin and dahlia's marriage problem?
Honestly the author is going south already and now the story's start to get boring already.

Chapter 2165: I'm truly sorry

"Is that so? Then let's wait and see, see who will have the last laugh in the end?"

Dustin smiled faintly, but his eyes were unusually cold.

Although he didn't know the identity of these killers, he could be sure that they were on the opposite side of the Dragon Kingdom.

"Humph! Kid! I hope you won't regret this!"

The man in black sneered, looking at Dustin with a gaze that seemed to predict his death.

In his eyes, Dustin was a typical ignorant and arrogant person, relying on a bit of skill to be arrogant and disdainful of everyone, almost asking for trouble!

You should know, there is always someone stronger.

A young man in his twenties, no matter how skilled, could not compare to those long-established old monsters.

"Whether you will regret it or not, you will know soon. But before that, I have to deal with the three of you." Dustin approached slowly.

"What... what do you want?"

The man in black's face changed: "I warn you not to act recklessly, or when our reinforcements arrive, I'll make you beg for life and death!"

"Why so nervous? I won't kill you. At least, you can't die until your comrades arrive," Dustin said, waving his hand.

"Swish! Swish! Swish!"

Three silver needles shot out from his sleeve, accurately hitting the necks of the three assassins.

The three froze, sitting motionless in place, unable to move.

"Quick! Act fast!"

"All suspicious individuals, none should be spared!"

At this moment, accompanied by shouts, the group of righteous experts who had been chasing the assassins returned.

They had chased for a long time but failed to catch the assassin who jumped into the river, achieving nothing.

"Look! There are three black-clad individuals over there!"

Soon, some warriors noticed the situation on Dustin's side and rushed over in a swarm.

When they saw Dustin safe and sound, and the three assassins subdued, they couldn't help but exclaim in surprise, even more admiring.

Dozens of them, unable to catch a single assassin, but Dustin single-handedly captured three.

The gap between the two sides was evident.

"Brother Dustin, how are you? Are you okay?"

After receiving the news, Zion and his group rushed back immediately.

Until now, they understood that they had fallen for the assassins' trap.

Using one assassin to lead them away and then attempt to assassinate Dustin.

This tactic was indeed clever.

Fortunately, Dustin's strength was strong enough to subdue the three assassins successfully; otherwise, the consequences would have been unimaginable.

"I'm fine, these three little thieves can't harm me." Dustin shook his head.

Upon hearing the term 'little thieves,' the man in black gritted his teeth, looking extremely displeased.

He was, after all, a martial arts grandmaster, a core member within the organization. Being treated with such disdain was truly frustrating.

"It's good that you're okay."

Zion breathed a sigh of relief and apologized, "It was my plan that had a problem; it almost harmed you. I'm truly sorry."

The original plan was for Dustin to act as bait, lure out the assassins, and then collectively besiege them.

Chapter 2166: A failure within a failure

As a result, they fell for the assassin's trap, not only failing to capture anyone but also putting Dustin in a precarious situation – a failure within a failure.

"It's not a problem with the plan but with people," Dustin shook his head slightly.

"You mean... there's a traitor among us?" Zion raised an eyebrow, quickly catching on.

He was puzzled before; the plan for tonight seemed flawless, so why did the assassin run away before entering the ambush circle?

Now, upon reflection, it was likely that there had been a leak from within.

Not many people knew the detailed plan, but there were quite a few warriors participating in the ambush. If they were to investigate, each one would be a suspect.

"Brother Dustin, thanks to you tonight, or else our efforts would have been in vain," Raul said, walking out from the crowd with several elite members of the Martial Arts World Alliance.

Most of the martial arts experts participating in the ambush tonight were gathered by Raul.

As the protector of the Martial Arts World Alliance, Raul had a high status, strong strength, and a wide network. Any action he took would be responded to enthusiastically.

Moreover, the death of the Little Gun Immortal Bruce had enraged the Martial Arts World Alliance. Raul was given special authority to investigate the murderer; there could be no easy closure.

"Mr. Raul is too kind. I just got lucky and caught three old mice," Dustin nodded modestly.

"Brother Dustin, no need to be humble. Your strength is evident to all. These assassins are no ordinary people. Even I might not be able to catch them. You subduing three is already impressive," Raul said, raising his hand suddenly, "Capture these three, interrogate them severely, and make sure to force out the mastermind!"

"Yes!"

Several elite members of the Martial Arts World Alliance behind him responded and moved forward to take the captives.

"Wait a minute."

Dustin suddenly raised his hand to stop them, saying, "Mr. Raul, tonight's matter is not over yet. These three old mice still have a big use for me."

"Oh? Do you have some other plan?" Raul raised an eyebrow, quite curious.

"Mr. Raul, did you see the distress signal flare? You should have seen it," Dustin asked.

"Of course, I saw the distress signal, and that's why I rushed over with people immediately. Why? Don't tell me the signal wasn't yours?" Raul found it somewhat strange.

"I don't have such a thing on me. The signal flare was set off by him."

Dustin pointed to the man in black and continued, "This person fears death and, after being injured by me, launched a distress signal for help. I estimate that all the assassins within ten miles should be on their way."

"Are you suggesting..." Raul stroked his chin, somewhat unsure of Dustin's intentions.

"My suggestion is, instead of playing hide and seek with them, we confront them head-on."

Dustin's voice suddenly became stern, "What I mean is, use these three old mice as bait to capture all the incoming assassins in one fell swoop!"

With these words, Raul couldn't help but change his expression.

This guy was too bold, wasn't he?

With just their dozens of people, he wanted to uproot the entire assassin organization. It was too risky.

A single mistake, and it would mean total destruction!

Chapter 2167: No need to burden yourselves

"Brother Dustin, we still don't know how many members are in this assassin organization. Isn't it too risky to do this?" Raul seemed somewhat hesitant.

Before setting up the ambush, he thought there was only one assassin. But now he knew it was a group.

Facing a single assassin, they could rely on numbers to besiege. However, dealing with a group of assassins was a completely different situation.

These assassins were remarkably powerful, far surpassing ordinary warriors. Their organized group had a significant quality gap.

If they engaged in a direct confrontation, they might not come out on top, and even if they did, the losses would likely be severe.

So, he wasn't sure if it was worth fighting these desperate individuals to the death.

"Mar. Raul, tonight is the best opportunity to uproot this assassin organization. If we miss it, it will be difficult to catch them next time," Dustin said seriously.

The characteristic of assassins was to lurk in the shadows and ambush. In a straightforward confrontation, they would struggle to capitalize on their advantages. On the contrary, playing hide and seek with assassins might result in being systematically picked off.

"I understand the logic, but with our strength, it might not be possible," Raul furrowed his brow.

"If Mr. Raul is uncertain, then please go and request reinforcements, preferably bringing in experts from Infernal Mountain," Dustin suggested.

"Going now might be too late," Raul sighed.

The town near Infernal Mountain, where they were, was at least half an hour's round trip from there. By the time they brought in experts from Infernal Mountain, the situation might have changed.

"Mr. Raul, go and ask for help. I'll try to delay them as much as possible," Dustin said.

"What about them?" Raul's gaze swept across, "I'll call them over. We must be responsible for their safety."

"Mr. Raul is right. Here's the deal: I won't force anyone. Those willing to stay can raise their hands; the rest can go with you to Infernal Mountain," Dustin said without pressure.

Most of them were people Raul had called, so they should follow him. However, fleeing without a fight would have its consequences.

"No need to burden yourselves. Go or stay, it's entirely up to your conscience," Dustin said calmly.

Seeing no response, the man in black, whose acupoints were sealed, couldn't help but sneer softly, "Hehehe... kid, you all are like scattered sand, how can you compete with us?"

Dustin remained silent, waiting patiently.

Fighting against an assassin organization wasn't an individual's matter; it required collective effort. After all, these assassins specifically targeted elite warriors of the Dragon Kingdom, posing a threat to the lives of most people present.

If everyone thought about staying out of it, the ultimate result would be getting picked off one by one.

Chapter 2168: It seems the decision has been made

The understanding of this principle was something everyone believed in, but how many were willing to take the risk was uncertain. After all, many people carried a sense of luck, thinking that if the sky fell, there would be someone strong enough to hold it up.

Little did they know, mutual support was crucial.

"These assassins have committed evil acts, indiscriminately killing innocents. As disciples of reputable sects, it is our duty to uphold justice. I am willing to stay and fight alongside Brother Dustin!" Zion declared, raising his folding fan.

"Exactly! Punishing evil and upholding justice is the responsibility of all of us. I am also willing to face death with Brother Dustin!" Cassius raised his hand high.

"Count me in." Willa raised her hand slowly, succinct in her words.

"And me! And me!" Lana raised her hand eagerly, displaying a keen interest in the upcoming battle.

Finally having a chance to fight, to showcase their skills, they naturally couldn't pass it up.

"We are also willing to stay." The two female warriors, Alana and Lila, raised their hands simultaneously.

With these people leading the way, the atmosphere at the scene gradually became more spirited.

"Darn it! It's just risking our lives, who's afraid of whom? If those assassins dare to appear, I'll slaughter them!"

"Brothers, we all carry weapons. Surely none of us lacks courage, right?"

"Enough talking! I'll stay here tonight and see who dares to come!"

Some passionate young warriors spoke up, their voices overlapping in excitement.

They were newcomers to the martial world, carrying both courage and a hero's complex.

On the other hand, some seasoned individuals hesitated, weighing the pros and cons.

"It seems the decision has been made."

Dustin swept his gaze around and continued, "Mr. Raul, time is pressing. Please go quickly and return quickly."

"Be careful, everyone. If you find yourselves at a disadvantage, retreat first, try to mediate, and wait for reinforcements," Raul reminded with deep concern.

"Understood." Dustin nodded.

"Let's go! Get reinforcements from Infernal Mountain!"

Raul didn't waste any more time. After a shout, he led a group of warriors towards Infernal Mountain.

There were about fifty people who participated in the ambush before. Raul took twenty, leaving Dustin with around thirty people. Although they were a temporary assembly, it was still a considerable force.

"All you heroes, righteous figures, I admire you all!"

Dustin turned around and arched his hand towards those who chose to stay, saying, "Please set up ambushes around and wait for the right moment."

"Yes!"

The warriors responded and quickly dispersed.

Only Zion and a few others remained by Dustin's side for coordination.

"Brother Dustin, it seems we are going to have a big battle tonight," Zion said calmly with hands behind his back.

"I'm starting to regret a bit. What if we can't win?" Dustin unexpectedly threw out this sentence.

"Brother Dustin, at such a critical moment, you must not speak pessimistically. We are all relying on you!" Cassius exclaimed nervously.

"Don't be nervous. I was just making a joke to lighten the mood." Dustin smiled.

"Stop fooling around. That's not the way to lighten the mood. It's more like scaring people." Zion looked strange.

The others exchanged glances, a bit puzzled and amused.

"They're coming!"

At this moment, Willa's gaze sharpened, and she suddenly drew her precious sword.

Chapter 2169: Don't play word games

"They're here!"

As Willa's voice fell, black figures suddenly appeared around the restaurant.

These black figures were scattered in pairs, positioned in various directions. Some stood on the rooftops, some at street corners, some on lampposts, and others hid among the trees.

Their movements were nimble, soundless, like elusive spirits.

Moreover, their positions were carefully chosen, completely sealing off all entrances and exits.

If observed from above, it would be apparent that these shadows had unknowingly formed a large circle, enclosing Dustin and his group.

These were the assassins who rushed upon hearing the news.

From the appearance of the assassins to the formation of the encirclement, it took just two minutes, showing the well-disciplined training of these killers.

"Darn it! So many assassins actually came. Looks like we're in for a tough battle tonight!"

Cassius slowly unsheathed his sword, his gaze vigilantly scanning the black shadows surrounding them.

The assassins who had revealed themselves numbered more than a dozen, and who knew how many more lurked in the shadows.

Most importantly, these assassins were elite among the elite, each possessing extraordinary skills far surpassing the martial artists on Dustin's side. If it came to a rough fight, victory was not guaranteed.

"It's been a long time since I had a good, exhilarating fight. This young lady wants to see what skills these assassins really have!"

Suddenly drawing her sword, Lana displayed an eager appearance, ready for the challenge.

Being new to the martial world, she had not experienced much danger yet, carrying a sense of invincibility.

Encountering a life-and-death battle, she felt no fear but rather excitement.

"I'm someone who really hates fighting, but it seems unavoidable today."

Zion swung his folding fan, and with a "swish," a sharp blade extended from the front end.

"Humph! A bunch of ignorant fools! Do you really think you can oppose us just because there are more of you? Dream on!"

The black-clad man sneered, saying, "Let me tell you the truth. We are all elite individuals chosen from thousands, having undergone various hellish training. Dealing with the likes of you is as easy as cutting vegetables!"

"Enough nonsense."

Zion wrinkled his brow and, without bothering to listen, poked the dumb acupoint of the black-clad man.

"Release my people, and I can spare your lives."

At this moment, a black-clad assassin standing on the rooftop suddenly spoke.

This man, tall and holding a giant sword, had an embroidered lion on his chest, giving him a more majestic appearance.

He was the leader of the Lion Group, an advanced master.

Code name: Lion!

"Have all your organization's members gathered?" Dustin asked in return.

"Humph! Dealing with small fries like you doesn't require the entire organization to mobilize." Lion said coldly.

"So, you still have other plans?" Dustin raised an eyebrow slightly.

"Kid! Don't play word games with me. I'll give you another chance. Release the person now, or die!"

Lion slowly raised the giant sword, pointing its tip directly at Dustin, a hint of killing intent in his eyes.

"The person is right here. If you're capable, come and save him yourself."

Dustin kicked the black-clad man, sending him sprawling, and then stepped on his chest.

"You're seeking death!"

Chapter 2170: Your opponent is me

"Lion's eyes turned cold, shouting angrily, 'Kill them!'"

"Kill!"

Upon receiving the order, over a dozen assassins charged forward without any hesitation, swords at the ready.

These assassins were fast, and their movements exceptionally agile, dodging and weaving, making it challenging to predict their paths.

This unpredictable footwork, specially designed to counter long-range attacks, had become second nature to the assassins after their devilish training.

"Brothers! Attack!"

As the assassins initiated their assault, the hidden martial artists surrounding them also drew their weapons and joined the fray.

"Let's fight them!"

Zion shouted as he charged forward, wielding a bladed folding fan.

Willa and the others followed suit, forming a simple attacking formation.

The sudden ambush caused a brief moment of chaos among the assassins, but they quickly regained control.

They swiftly divided into two groups, one advancing and the other attacking from behind.

The battle erupted instantly.

Only two people remained motionless, silently observing the unfolding events.

One was Dustin, the other Lion, standing on the rooftop.

The two exchanged a gaze across the distance, radiating intense killing intent.

An invisible pressure emanated from both of them, freezing the air within a radius of ten meters.

"Kill, kill, kill! Let these guys taste our strength!"

A young martial artist waved a long knife, roaring incessantly, releasing his pent-up power.

However, in the next moment, a flash of swordlight, and a black-clad assassin passed directly through his side.

Following closely, the young martial artist's body stiffened, eyes wide open, and the knife in his hand dropped to the ground with a clang.

Simultaneously, the young martial artist's head fell, severed from his body.

The battle between the two sides was brutal.

Though the assassins were fewer in number, their strength was superior. Trained to withstand pain and unafraid of death, they unleashed deadly moves with each strike.

On the other hand, the martial artists from Dragon Kingdom were mostly young, lacking in strength and combat experience. They fought with nothing but hot-blooded enthusiasm.

After a short exchange, they quickly found themselves at a disadvantage. The situation was becoming grim.

"Hmm?"

Seeing this situation, Dustin couldn't help but furrow his brows slightly.

Assassins were typically adept at sneak attacks, but he hadn't expected them to be so proficient in direct combat.

If this continued, the martial artists would soon face heavy casualties.

Without hesitation, Dustin reached out with one hand, magically lifting a nearby longsword, and transformed into a blur, rushing towards the battlefield.

"Kid! Your opponent is me!"

As Dustin moved, Lion also acted.

Suddenly, Lion's figure ascended like a cannonball.

He raised both hands, brandishing a sword, slashing at Dustin from a distance.

"Swoosh!"

A fiery-red sword aura burst forth, leaving a long trail in the air.

In an instant, the entire street lit up.

The sword aura, over ten meters long, resembled a colossal blade reaching towards the sky. With incredible speed, it carried an irresistible momentum, crashing heavily towards Dustin.

"Be careful, Brother Dustin!"

Seeing this, Zion and the others changed their expressions.

They hadn't expected Lion to possess such terrifying strength.

This sword strike seemed capable of destroying the heavens and earth!

"Kill!"

Upon receiving the order, over a dozen assassins charged forward without any hesitation, swords at the ready.

These assassins were fast, and their movements exceptionally agile, dodging and weaving, making it challenging to predict their paths.

This unpredictable footwork, specially designed to counter long-range attacks, had become second nature to the assassins after their devilish training.

"Brothers! Attack!"

As the assassins initiated their assault, the hidden martial artists surrounding them also drew their weapons and joined the fray.

"Let's fight them!"

The sudden ambush caused a brief moment of chaos among the assassins, but they quickly regained control.

They swiftly divided into two groups, one advancing and the other attacking from behind.

An invisible pressure emanated from both of them, freezing the air within a radius of ten meters.

A young martial artist waved a long knife, roaring incessantly, releasing his pent-up power.

However, in the next moment, a flash of swordlight, and a black-clad assassin passed directly through his side.

Following closely, the young martial artist's body stiffened, eyes wide open, and the knife in his hand dropped to the ground with a clang.

Though the assassins were fewer in number, their strength was superior. Trained to withstand pain and unafraid of death, they unleashed deadly moves with each strike.

On the other hand, the martial artists from Dragon Kingdom were mostly young, lacking in strength and combat experience. They fought with nothing but hot-blooded enthusiasm.

After a short exchange, they quickly found themselves at a disadvantage. The situation was becoming grim.

"Hmm?"

Assassins were typically adept at sneak attacks, but he hadn't expected them to be so proficient in direct combat.

Without hesitation, Dustin reached out with one hand, magically lifting a nearby longsword, and transformed into a blur, rushing towards the battlefield.

"Swoosh!"

The sword aura, over ten meters long, resembled a colossal blade reaching towards the sky. With incredible speed, it carried an irresistible momentum, crashing heavily towards Dustin.

I can say the waiting was worth it. Praises for your hard work master Nazmul. we are patiently waiting for more. 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:

"Kill!"

"Brothers! Attack!"

"Let's fight them!"

"Hmm?"

"Swoosh!"

Thank you grand master. The villages are much appreciative