An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Chapter 2241 - "The Clash of Claws: Steel vs. Golden Light"

The actions of the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples were swift. In the blink of an eye, they dislocated Steelclaw's arms, rendering it instantly devoid of attack power.

However, Steelclaw didn't relent. Despite its dislocated arms rendering it immobile, it still roared and lunged toward one of the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples with its mouth wide open.

The disciple stood firm, once again enveloped in a layer of golden light.

"Bang!"

Accompanied by a crisp impact.

Steelclaw's head collided with the golden light, sending it staggering back several meters.

Its facial features blurred, teeth knocked loose, its head spinning dizzily.

"What was that layer of golden light just now? It looked quite formidable." Ruby's beautiful eyes widened, showing some astonishment.

She was well aware of Steelclaw's strength. Even without transformation, even when weakened and depleted of Qi, it could still repel formidable opponents like Elder Devon.

However, just now, Steelclaw's two attacks were both blocked by the golden light emanating from the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples. Not only did it fail to cause any harm, but it also ended up injuring itself.

From this, it was evident that the layer of golden light was extraordinary.

"The golden light that flashed on their bodies is one of the Eight Great Divine Curses of the Daoist Sects (Taoism), known as the Golden Light Curse," explained Emerald. "The origin of heaven and earth, the root of all energy; the body radiates golden light, reflecting upon oneself; terrifying demons and spirits lose their courage, evil beings lose their forms; with thunderous power within, the name of the Thunder God concealed."

The Golden Light Curse is an extremely powerful defensive technique. Although it's exceptionally difficult to cultivate, once mastered, it renders the practitioner invulnerable to blades and spears, impervious to water and fire.

Judging from the strength of these two fellow Daoists, they should have already reached the pinnacle of mastery in the Golden Light Curse. Even Grandmaster-level experts would find it impossible to breach their defense."

Upon hearing this, Ruby couldn't help but blink. "So powerful? Does that mean they're invincible in combat?"

"Young Junior Sister, who in their right mind would pick a fight with the disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain if they have nothing better to do?" Ulysses shook his head.

Even the three strongest sects in the world dared not provoke Dragon Tiger Mountain.

To be precise, Dragon Tiger Mountain stood above both the martial world and the scholarly world, transcending all, untouchable.

On one hand, this was due to the abundance of talents in Dragon Tiger Mountain and its profound heritage. On the other hand, it was because of the presence of the Old Heavenly Grandmaster, Phantom Richards.

As the acknowledged foremost figure in the world, Phantom Richards' prestige and influence remained unmatched to this day.

Some seniors in the martial world once speculated that even if the nine greatest experts listed on the World-shaking List were combined, they still wouldn't be a match for Phantom Richards.

That Old Heavenly Grandmaster was a figure who could contend with nations!

"Ah~!"

Steelclaw, having regained its senses, showed no intention of backing down, continuing to roar and charge at the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples.

Its mind had descended into madness.

"Ignorant and stubborn!"

The expressions of the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples darkened, preparing to strike ruthlessly, when a lazy voice suddenly rang out.

"This fellow still has some use. Don't harm him."

As the voice sounded, a young Taoist with tattered clothes and a handsome face suddenly descended from the sky, landing lightly beside the two disciples.

The young Taoist held a toothpick in his mouth, his eyes slightly squinted, looking as though he hadn't yet fully woken up.

"Greetings, Young Master!"

The two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples immediately bowed respectfully, showing great reverence.

Chapter 2242 - "Mystical Mastery: The Power of Richards' Lineage"

"Alright, you two, step back. I'll handle this guy," the young Taoist lazily waved his hand.

"Yes, sir!"

The two disciples from Dragon Tiger Mountain promptly complied and retreated to the side.

"Where did this young Taoist come from? Can he really handle this?" Ruby was somewhat skeptical.

After all, even though Steelclaw was currently weakened, it was still a Grandmaster-level powerhouse, far beyond the capabilities of ordinary disciples.

"Don't worry, with him around, that crazed killer won't stir up much trouble," Kieran observed intently, soon flashing a smile.

"Oh? Does Brother Kieran know this young Taoist?" Ulysses was curious.

"If I'm not mistaken, he should be Spencer Richards' son, Troy Richards, the heir to the Heavenly Grandmaster," Kieran stated.

"Troy Richards?"

Ulysses and Ruby exchanged a glance, both looking somewhat puzzled.

Clearly, they had never heard this name before.

"Dragon Tiger Mountain's people have always been low-key. It's not surprising that you two don't know about Troy Richards," Kieran chuckled, then continued, "But I can assure you, this guy is exceptionally talented, his Taoist skills are extraordinary, deeply inheriting the Heavenly Grandmaster's teachings. Although he hasn't made it onto the Whiz List, I believe his true strength surpasses even the eighth-ranked Elvin "The Raging Fist" Carr on the list!"

At this revelation, the expressions of those around him changed.

Surpassing Elvin "The Raging Fist" Carr? That was quite intimidating.

"Brother Kieran, are you joking? This young Taoist looks so young; can he really be that powerful?" Ruby remained skeptical.

Looking at Troy Richards, who appeared to be only seventeen or eighteen years old, even younger than her, how could he possibly rival the experts on the Whiz List?

"Believe it or not, you'll find out soon enough," Kieran replied nonchalantly, without elaborating further.

At this moment, the raging Steelclaw had already charged in front of Troy Richards.

A fierce look as if it were about to devour someone.

However, Troy Richards seemed indifferent, yawning lazily as he casually tossed out a yellow talisman.

"Mountain Breaker."

The yellow talisman suddenly emitted a soft light.

At the same time, a giant "mountain" image flashed in the air.

Following that, as if endowed with spirituality, the talisman plummeted from the sky and accurately adhered to Steelclaw's back.

"Boom!"

A deafening sound.

The charging Steelclaw was directly crushed to the ground by the talisman, creating a human-shaped pit.

The spectacle seemed as if the talisman wasn't just a piece of paper but a massive mountain pressing down on Steelclaw!

"Ah~!!"

In the pit, Steelclaw continued to roar incessantly, its expression unusually fierce.

However, apart from its head, which could still move slightly, its body was completely immobilized by the talisman, unable to even wiggle its fingers.

"Soul Binding."

Troy Richards flicked out another blue talisman, sticking it to Steelclaw's forehead.

The next moment, Steelclaw's roars abruptly ceased.

Its expression froze completely, even its fierce gaze turned hollow, as if its soul had been sucked away.

Throughout the entire process, Troy Richards maintained a tired demeanor, unable to muster the slightest bit of energy.

Witnessing this scene, everyone couldn't help but feel a chill run down their spines.

Was this the method of the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples? Truly unimaginable!
The author has now introduced another character, this means another full week before Dustin deals with him. When will the competition start, when will it end, when will Dustin and co deal with the outside neighbor, when will the dragon energy be acquired? It surely will be 2.5 years before Dustin meets his women again.

Chapter 2243 - "In the Realm of Martial Arts Prodigies"

Troy's miraculous methods amazed the crowd of martial artists.

They never expected that such simple pieces of paper could wield such great power, easily subduing the fierce Steelclaw.

"No way? Did he just suppress the assassin leader with this?" Ruby widened her beautiful eyes, appearing somewhat astonished.

She hadn't taken Troy seriously before, thinking he was too young and probably not very strong.

However, the results surprised her greatly. Before she could even grasp the situation, the ferocious Steelclaw had already been knocked down.

From beginning to end, Troy stood still without moving, just waving his hand a couple of times.

"So this is the strength of the new generation genius of Dragon Tiger Mountain? Truly remarkable!" Ulysses exclaimed in admiration.

Dragon Tiger Mountain has many mystical techniques, among which the Golden Light Curse, Thunder Magic, and Divine Talismans are the most famous.

However, mastering these three kinds of mystical techniques is extremely difficult.

Most ordinary disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain primarily focus on the Golden Light Curse.

Only when one has mastered the Golden Light Curse can they practice Thunder Magic.

Similarly, after mastering Thunder Magic, one qualifies to study Divine Talismans.

In other words, anyone who can use Divine Talismans is at least a master of the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic.

And such people are few and far between on Dragon Tiger Mountain!

Because typically, without fifty years of arduous practice, it's impossible to master the Golden Light Curse or Thunder Magic.

Moreover, mastering Divine Talismans on top of that is even more challenging.

At such a young age, Troy can effortlessly wield Divine Talismans. His talent and cultivation far surpass those so-called martial arts elites.

"To be able to command Divine Talismans proficiently, one must at least be at the intermediate level. To achieve this at the age of seventeen or eighteen is truly monstrous!" Emerald shook her head, feeling both shocked and a sense of powerlessness.

As an elite disciple of the Thunderstrike Sword Alliance, she had always had her own pride.

However, what she had seen and heard in recent days had dealt her a heavy blow.

Because there were simply too many geniuses; whether it was Dustin, Elvin 'The Raging Fist' Carr, or Troy Richards, they were all much more powerful than her.

Even the deceased Thorn 'Little Spear Immortal' Pyker and Frodo 'Furious Frodo' Carr, she might not have been their match.

Once hailed as a rising star, she now paled in comparison to these true geniuses, appearing more like a lackey.

It was somewhat sigh-worthy.

"The rumors are indeed true. This young Taoist lad is definitely capable of making it into the top ranks of the Whiz List." Kieran squinted his eyes and muttered to himself.

If he had only heard about it initially, now he was certain that Troy would more than qualify for the Whiz List.

"Now that the job's done, you two, take that guy back."

After dealing with the Steelclaw, Troy yawned and then directed two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples to clean up the scene.

The two agreed and were about to carry the Steelclaw away when Dustin suddenly stepped forward.

"Wait."

Dustin walked up, blocking the Steelclaw, and said calmly, "Gentlemen, there's a sequence to everything. This guy is my prey. It wouldn't be appropriate for you to just take him away like this, would it?"

Chapter 2244 - "Troy's Favor: A Deal with Dragon Tiger Mountain"

"Hmm?"

As soon as these words were uttered, Troy, who was just about to leave, immediately stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Dustin, with a hint of curiosity in his gaze.

The others also exchanged puzzled looks, unsure of what was happening.

No one had expected Dustin to actually vie with the people from Dragon Tiger Mountain for a killer.

"Sir, this person is extremely dangerous, a huge threat. Keeping him by your side means constant danger. It's better for everyone if you hand him over to us for disposal. It benefits us all," the round-faced disciple from Dragon Tiger Mountain on the left side smiled and said.

"Master, you're being overly cautious. If I can defeat him once, I can defeat him a hundred times. He won't cause any trouble in my hands," Dustin responded with a smile.

"Sir, we're only looking out for your well-being. Please consider cooperating," the round-faced Dragon Tiger Mountain disciple remained polite.

"Thank you for your concern, Master, but this person is of great use to me. I can't hand him over to you," Dustin shook his head.

There were too many secrets hidden within the Steelclaw's body, whether it was the assassination incident or his abilities after transformation. He needed to investigate thoroughly.

"Hey! You're being unreasonable! If it weren't for my young master's intervention just now, you might not have captured this person!" Another tall Dragon Tiger Mountain disciple couldn't help but speak up.

Although Dragon Tiger Mountain usually stayed out of worldly affairs, they wielded significant influence in the martial world.

Wherever they went and whatever they did, people in the martial world would give them some face.

However, this person before them didn't give them any face at all.

It was truly tactless.

"Firstly, I appreciate Dragon Tiger Mountain's support, and I don't mean to be unreasonable. We've worked so hard for so long just to capture this person. Now, if you take him away, wouldn't all our previous efforts be in vain?" Dustin said calmly.

As soon as these words were spoken, the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples were momentarily speechless, only able to look at Troy.

In fact, they didn't quite understand why their usually detached young master was interested in a killer.

"Your words make sense. I'm speechless," Troy nodded, indicating his agreement with Dustin's words. But in the next moment, he changed tack, saying, "However, bringing this person back is an order from our old man at home, and I have no choice. Consider it a favor owed by Dragon Tiger Mountain to you today. How about that? If you need anything in the future, you can always come to us for help."

As soon as these words were spoken, there was a stir in the crowd.

The looks directed at Dustin were filled with envy and jealousy.

What did Dragon Tiger Mountain's favor signify?

It was a heaven-sent opportunity coveted by countless people!

If used well, it could not only be a lifesaver but also propel one to great heights.

Even more so, it could make one a dominant figure in the region!

As beings who straddled both the martial world and the court, it was not an exaggeration to say that anyone who obtained Dragon Tiger Mountain's favor could change their life!

They hadn't expected Troy to be so generous, effortlessly making such a promise.

Such overwhelming wealth and fortune were something even fools wouldn't refuse.

The author has now introduced another character, this means another full week before Dustin deals with him. When will the competition start, when will it end, when will Dustin and co deal with the outside neighbor, when will the dragon energy be acquired? It surely will be 2.5 years before Dustin meets his women again.
This is the beginning of war that will definitely lead to neighbors. It is also the part of competition as some neighbors want to eliminate participants before the start of competition as they want to win this competition.

Chapter 2243 - "In the Realm of Martial Arts Prodigies"

Troy's miraculous methods amazed the crowd of martial artists.

They never expected that such simple pieces of paper could wield such great power, easily subduing the fierce Steelclaw.

"No way? Did he just suppress the assassin leader with this?" Ruby widened her beautiful eyes, appearing somewhat astonished.

She hadn't taken Troy seriously before, thinking he was too young and probably not very strong.

However, the results surprised her greatly. Before she could even grasp the situation, the ferocious Steelclaw had already been knocked down.

From beginning to end, Troy stood still without moving, just waving his hand a couple of times.

"So this is the strength of the new generation genius of Dragon Tiger Mountain? Truly remarkable!" Ulysses exclaimed in admiration.

Dragon Tiger Mountain has many mystical techniques, among which the Golden Light Curse, Thunder Magic, and Divine Talismans are the most famous.

However, mastering these three kinds of mystical techniques is extremely difficult.

Most ordinary disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain primarily focus on the Golden Light Curse.

Only when one has mastered the Golden Light Curse can they practice Thunder Magic.

Similarly, after mastering Thunder Magic, one qualifies to study Divine Talismans.

In other words, anyone who can use Divine Talismans is at least a master of the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic.

And such people are few and far between on Dragon Tiger Mountain!

Because typically, without fifty years of arduous practice, it's impossible to master the Golden Light Curse or Thunder Magic.

Moreover, mastering Divine Talismans on top of that is even more challenging.

At such a young age, Troy can effortlessly wield Divine Talismans. His talent and cultivation far surpass those so-called martial arts elites.

"To be able to command Divine Talismans proficiently, one must at least be at the intermediate level. To achieve this at the age of seventeen or eighteen is truly monstrous!" Emerald shook her head, feeling both shocked and a sense of powerlessness.

As an elite disciple of the Thunderstrike Sword Alliance, she had always had her own pride.

However, what she had seen and heard in recent days had dealt her a heavy blow.

Because there were simply too many geniuses; whether it was Dustin, Elvin 'The Raging Fist' Carr, or Troy Richards, they were all much more powerful than her.

Even the deceased Thorn 'Little Spear Immortal' Pyker and Frodo 'Furious Frodo' Carr, she might not have been their match.

Once hailed as a rising star, she now paled in comparison to these true geniuses, appearing more like a lackey.

It was somewhat sigh-worthy.

"The rumors are indeed true. This young Taoist lad is definitely capable of making it into the top ranks of the Whiz List." Kieran squinted his eyes and muttered to himself.

If he had only heard about it initially, now he was certain that Troy would more than qualify for the Whiz List.

"Now that the job's done, you two, take that guy back."

After dealing with the Steelclaw, Troy yawned and then directed two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples to clean up the scene.

The two agreed and were about to carry the Steelclaw away when Dustin suddenly stepped forward.

"Wait."

Dustin walked up, blocking the Steelclaw, and said calmly, "Gentlemen, there's a sequence to everything. This guy is my prey. It wouldn't be appropriate for you to just take him away like this, would it?"

Chapter 2244 - "Troy's Favor: A Deal with Dragon Tiger Mountain"

"Hmm?"

As soon as these words were uttered, Troy, who was just about to leave, immediately stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Dustin, with a hint of curiosity in his gaze.

The others also exchanged puzzled looks, unsure of what was happening.

No one had expected Dustin to actually vie with the people from Dragon Tiger Mountain for a killer.

"Sir, this person is extremely dangerous, a huge threat. Keeping him by your side means constant danger. It's better for everyone if you hand him over to us for disposal. It benefits us all," the round-faced disciple from Dragon Tiger Mountain on the left side smiled and said.

"Master, you're being overly cautious. If I can defeat him once, I can defeat him a hundred times. He won't cause any trouble in my hands," Dustin responded with a smile.

"Sir, we're only looking out for your well-being. Please consider cooperating," the round-faced Dragon Tiger Mountain disciple remained polite.

"Thank you for your concern, Master, but this person is of great use to me. I can't hand him over to you," Dustin shook his head.

There were too many secrets hidden within the Steelclaw's body, whether it was the assassination incident or his abilities after transformation. He needed to investigate thoroughly.

"Hey! You're being unreasonable! If it weren't for my young master's intervention just now, you might not have captured this person!" Another tall Dragon Tiger Mountain disciple couldn't help but speak up.

Although Dragon Tiger Mountain usually stayed out of worldly affairs, they wielded significant influence in the martial world.

Wherever they went and whatever they did, people in the martial world would give them some face.

However, this person before them didn't give them any face at all.

It was truly tactless.

"Firstly, I appreciate Dragon Tiger Mountain's support, and I don't mean to be unreasonable. We've worked so hard for so long just to capture this person. Now, if you take him away, wouldn't all our previous efforts be in vain?" Dustin said calmly.

As soon as these words were spoken, the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples were momentarily speechless, only able to look at Troy.

In fact, they didn't quite understand why their usually detached young master was interested in a killer.

"Your words make sense. I'm speechless," Troy nodded, indicating his agreement with Dustin's words. But in the next moment, he changed tack, saying, "However, bringing this person back is an order from our old man at home, and I have no choice. Consider it a favor owed by Dragon Tiger Mountain to you today. How about that? If you need anything in the future, you can always come to us for help."

As soon as these words were spoken, there was a stir in the crowd.

The looks directed at Dustin were filled with envy and jealousy.

What did Dragon Tiger Mountain's favor signify?

It was a heaven-sent opportunity coveted by countless people!

If used well, it could not only be a lifesaver but also propel one to great heights.

Even more so, it could make one a dominant figure in the region!

As beings who straddled both the martial world and the court, it was not an exaggeration to say that anyone who obtained Dragon Tiger Mountain's favor could change their life!

They hadn't expected Troy to be so generous, effortlessly making such a promise.

Such overwhelming wealth and fortune were something even fools wouldn't refuse.
I wish Dustin accepts this favour to calm all these suspense. if not we will have to wait for another fight which will create a lot of chaos among Dragon Tiger Mountain and who knows this may bring out those foreigners to the public and witnessing how strong Dustin is, will create a lot of trouble for him.

“…2.5 years…”
My guess is anywhere between 2 and 5 years 😂😂

Chapter 2245 - The Weight of Favors: Dustin's Decision

"The allure of Dragon Tiger Mountain's favors is indeed quite compelling."

Dustin nodded in agreement, then suddenly changed the topic, saying, "However, I am more interested in the person before me, so I must apologize to you all."

Upon hearing this, everyone was taken aback, finding it somewhat unbelievable.

No one expected Dustin to actually decline.

What's the joke? This is the favor of Dragon Tiger Mountain!

An opportunity that could defy fate!

Such a once-in-a-century stroke of luck is something others would break their heads over trying to attain, yet this guy in front of them seems utterly indifferent.

Isn't this absurd?

"Brother Dustin, what's the matter? Why would you refuse such a heaven-sent opportunity?" Ulysses was puzzled.

If it were him, he'd probably be smiling from ear to ear.

But contrary to expectations, Dustin chose to go against the tide, which was truly hard to understand.

"It seems, Brother Dustin, that you consider the value of that assassin leader higher than Dragon Tiger Mountain's favors," Kieran mused.

"Huh? What value could that assassin possibly have? He's just a villain." Ruby shrugged it off.

"Emerald, things aren't always what they seem. If that person truly had no value, why would Dragon Tiger Mountain take notice?" Emerald remarked cryptically.

Dragon Tiger Mountain has always turned a blind eye to worldly matters, yet today, they're acting out of character by insisting on capturing Steelclaw alive, which is enough to prove that things aren't simple.

Dustin's insistence likely stems from his understanding of the underlying reasons.

"Buddy, you're making it really difficult for me."

Troy spread his hands, seeming somewhat helpless.

He thought a few kind words would do the trick, but the person in front of him was impervious, completely unconcerned about Dragon Tiger Mountain's reputation.

Though intriguing, it's also quite vexing.

"The reputation of Dragon Tiger Mountain precedes it. Surely, it wouldn't compete with an unknown like me, right?" Dustin smiled, donning a metaphorical hat.

"I don't mind, but my old man at home is a bit difficult. If I don't bring this person back today, I won't be able to sleep peacefully."

Troy scratched his head, as if he had thought of something, then suddenly suggested, "Buddy, how about this? Let's make a bet. Whoever wins takes this person away. This way, we won't hurt each other's feelings, nor strain our brains. How about it?"

"What do you want to bet?" Dustin asked, smiling in response.

"It's simple. I bet you can't move this person."

Troy showed a harmless smile, "He's currently under the pressure of my Divine Talisman. If you can move him, you win; if you can't, you lose. Of course, I won't bully you. You can ask for help, but not more than three chances. Dare to bet?"

"Since you're so interested, I naturally accept the challenge," Dustin nodded in agreement.

"Alright, let's settle it this way, please." Troy gestured with a single hand.

The two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples behind him exchanged glances, involuntarily revealing smiles.

Outsiders might not know, but they were well aware of the formidable power of the Divine Talisman pressed against Steelclaw's back by their junior martial brother.

Not even Dustin alone, let alone everyone present, could move him.

Including themselves, they were just as incapable.

"What's that little Taoist up to? Just moving a person? How difficult could it be? Using this method to bet, isn't it just admitting defeat on purpose?" Ruby found it strange.

"Sister, you've got it wrong."

Chapter 2246 - The Power of the Mountain Breaker Talisman

Ulysses leaned toward the immobilized Steelclaw and puckered his lips earnestly. "Look, see the yellow talisman on that person's back? That's the renowned Mountain Breaker Talisman from Dragon Tiger Mountain!"

"The Mountain Breaker Talisman? Is it really formidable?" Ruby looked puzzled.

As a newcomer to the Martial Arts World, her knowledge was indeed lacking.

"Of course, it's formidable!" Ulysses explained excitedly. "Don't be fooled by its thin yellow paper appearance; it contains the universe within. Once activated and pressed upon a person, it's as heavy as a mountain, incredibly oppressive! As long as the talisman remains intact, that person won't be able to move for the rest of their life!"

"Ah? Is it truly that miraculous?" Ruby widened her beautiful eyes.

"Of course, I've only heard about it myself and never seen it. After all, there are very few people who can use the Mountain Breaker Talisman," Ulysses said.

"Should we go over and help?" Ruby asked.

"If even Young Master Dustin can't move it, our assistance would be futile. Let's just watch the situation unfold," Emerald shook her head.

They had not yet reached the level of a grandmaster; they were simply not qualified to participate in such a contest.

"Master Dustin, why don't we give it a try?" At this moment, Twin Power stepped forward, volunteering.

They were wary of any trickery, so they wanted to test the waters with Dustin beforehand, just in case.

"Sure," Dustin nodded, not refusing.

After all, they had three chances; there was no rush.

Twin Power exchanged a glance, then went straight to Steelclaw.

At this moment, Steelclaw could not move at all, its gaze becoming hollow.

Lying there, it resembled a corpse.

After confirming that Steelclaw posed no threat, Alana grabbed its arms, while Denise grabbed its legs.

"One, two, three! Lift!" They exclaimed simultaneously, exerting force to lift Steelclaw out of the pit.

But soon, they were astonished to find that their exerted force had no effect whatsoever.

Not to mention lifting Steelclaw out of the pit, they couldn't even move its limbs.

Although Steelclaw's physique was sturdy, weighing only around two hundred pounds, with their strength, they should have been able to lift it effortlessly.

But now, Steelclaw remained unmoved, clearly not just due to its weight.

Soon, they fixed their gaze on the yellow talisman behind Steelclaw.

Without surprise, it seemed to be the problem.

"Tear the talisman!" Alana and Denise glanced at each other, without hesitation, reaching out to tear the talisman.

However, as soon as Alana's fingers touched the talisman...

The surface of the talisman flashed, and a powerful force directly sent Alana stumbling back several steps, as if struck by lightning.

"Let me try!" Denise, unwilling to show weakness, followed suit.

But the result was the same; as soon as Denise's fingers touched the talisman, she recoiled as if electrocuted, her whole body surging with uncontrollable energy.

"How could this be?" Alana and Denise frowned, inwardly alarmed.

They hadn't expected that they couldn't even tear a talisman.

"It's useless. Unless you're proficient in the secret arts of talismans, you won't be able to tear our Young Master's Mountain Breaker Talisman," the round-faced disciple from Dragon Tiger Mountain shook his head, kindly reminding them.

Because forcibly tearing the talisman would result in a backlash.

The greater the force used, the fiercer the backlash.

One wrong move, and they could even lose their lives.

😂😂😂

I think that stellclaw have the dragon that Margaret is looking for do when He Will Find it He wilhdraw from compitition
Yeah, Dustin for sure had a hint about this when Steelclaw transformed into a beast and increased his cultivation 3 steps higher. This is extraordinary and can only happen with the help of the spirals. So yeah, Dustin is curious to ask Steelclaw where he got this extraordinary boost.

Chapter 2247 - "Twin Trouble: Broken Swords and Baffling Talismans"

"Come again!"

The words of the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples did not sway the Twin Power.

The Twin Power exchanged a glance, then suddenly drew their swords and directly slashed towards the divine talisman on the back of Steelclaw.

Since they couldn't tear it off, they'd destroy it!

Just a piece of talisman paper, no matter how tough it seemed, couldn't be harder than profound iron.

"Clang! Clang!"

When the Twin Power's sword struck the talisman paper, the paper suddenly lit up with a yellow light.

Immediately after, a powerful shock erupted.

The two long swords that hit the talisman paper directly snapped, and the Twin Power, along with them, were pushed back continuously, spitting out blood on the spot.

For a moment, they were shocked and somewhat incredulous.

They hadn't expected that what seemed like an ordinary piece of talisman paper would be impenetrable.

It was unbelievable!

"I told you earlier, but you didn't listen. It's really asking for trouble," sighed the round-faced disciple of Dragon Tiger Mountain, somewhat helpless.

If ordinary swords could destroy divine talismans, then what was the point of their decades of cultivation?

"If even swords can't cut it, what material is the talisman made of?" Ruby marveled.

"The divine talismans of Dragon Tiger Mountain naturally have their special qualities. It's not just about the material, but also the qi contained within the talisman!" Kieran explained seriously. "As far as I know, when the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic of Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples reach mastery, they can cultivate what is known as the Origin of Qi Body. And it's the Origin of Qi Body that forms the essence of the divine talisman."

"What is the Origin of Qi Body?" Ruby asked curiously.

"The Origin of Qi Body is one of the Eight Great Divine Curses of Dragon Tiger Mountain. Practitioners can unleash unimaginable energy. As for its specific effects, I don't know," Kieran shook his head.

"It sounds quite mysterious," Ruby nodded thoughtfully.

"Sister, the Origin of Qi Body is a secret technique of Dragon Tiger Mountain. Only a few are qualified to cultivate it, so it's naturally mysterious," Ulysses smiled.

"So, do you think Dustin can lift this dude?" Ruby asked curiously.

"It's definitely impossible to lift forcibly, with the divine talisman pressing down, no matter how strong you are, it's useless. The best way is to break the prohibition of the divine talisman first," Kieran said.

"How do you break it?" Ruby asked further.

"How would I know?" Kieran shrugged, saying seriously, "If I had the ability to break prohibitions, would I still be standing here chatting with you?"

"..." Ruby rolled her eyes.

Didn't all that explanation just now amount to nothing?

"Next, it's up to Master Dustin's own abilities."

Kieran squinted slightly, gently swaying his folding fan.

Ordinary people couldn't break the divine talismans of Dragon Tiger Mountain, but was Dustin an ordinary person?

"Master Dustin, we're sorry, we failed, please punish us."

the Twin Power walked up to Dustin with broken swords, apologizing.

As Dustin's bodyguards, not only were they usually ineffective, but now they couldn't even handle such a small matter, which was truly shameful.

"It's okay, the divine talismans of Dragon Tiger Mountain are indeed formidable, not something you two can shake. Don't worry about it," Dustin smiled slightly, not concerned.

Chapter 2248 - "Fingertip Feat: The Gentle Art of Talisman Takedown"

"Sir, I think it's better to give up. Our junior brother's divine talisman from Dragon Tiger Mountain is unbreakable. If you forcefully touch it, you'll only harm yourself and others," said the round-faced disciple of Dragon Tiger Mountain once again.

"Although the divine talisman of Dragon Tiger Mountain is strong, it is not unbreakable," replied Dustin indifferently.

"What? You still don't give up?" The round-faced disciple of Dragon Tiger Mountain furrowed his brows slightly. "Don't blame me for not reminding you. The more you exert the power on the divine talisman, the stronger the backlash will be. If you exert too much force, you might even be in danger."

"Thanks for the reminder. I know my limits," said Dustin calmly.

Dustin didn't say much more; he stepped closer to Steelclaw.

Everyone watched silently, whispering among themselves.

"Do you think he can do it? He looks quite confident."

"Confidence alone is useless, isn't it? Dragon Tiger Mountain's divine talisman for Mountain Breaker is not something ordinary people can shake. Even if he's strong, can he really move a mountain?"

"You're right! Apart from the people of Dragon Tiger Mountain, there are few in the world who can break the divine talisman for Mountain Breaker!"

"If he has any self-awareness, he should surrender immediately, otherwise he might suffer backlash from the divine talisman and end up seriously injured."

The group behind Devon didn't have much faith in Dustin.

Firstly, they hadn't seen Dustin fight with Steelclaw before, and secondly, the power of Dragon Tiger Mountain was deeply ingrained in their minds.

Especially those who practiced divine talismans were the top experts of Dragon Tiger Mountain.

Every move they made carried unparalleled power.

"Dustin! Come on, don't embarrass us!" Ruby nervously clenched her fists, muttering to herself.

Regardless of anything else, Dustin was on her side, so naturally she hoped he would win.

"At the end of the technique, the origin of Qi, unfortunately, I also know a thing or two about this technique," Dustin said with a faint smile, then he bent down and reached out, grabbing directly towards the divine talisman for Mountain Breaker.

At the moment before touching the divine talisman, a faint white light suddenly appeared on Dustin's fingertips.

The white light was gentle, without any aggressiveness, clear as jade and gentle as water.

The white light seemed to have spirituality, quickly drilling into the divine talisman for Mountain Breaker.

Immediately after, the divine talisman for Mountain Breaker flashed with light, then quickly returned to calmness.

The next moment, Dustin's index and middle fingers lightly pinched the talisman, and then he gently pulled.

"Snap!"

A crisp sound.

The divine talisman for Mountain Breaker, which ordinary people couldn't budge, was easily torn off by Dustin.

It was simple and effortless, without any hindrance.

But it left everyone stunned, unbelieving.

"How... how is this possible?!" The round-faced disciple of Dragon Tiger Mountain stared wide-eyed, his face full of shock.

Another person had the same expression, as if doubting their own eyes, and even rubbed them.

Are they kidding?

The divine talisman for Mountain Breaker of Dragon Tiger Mountain was just torn off so casually?!

"Uh..."

At this moment, even Troy was stunned.

His little finger was still in the posture of picking his nose, looking quite comical.

Chapter 2249 - "Tiger Tamer: Dustin's Divine Talisman Trickery"

"Ah? Is this really happening?"

"You guys said the Mountain Breaker Talisman couldn't be torn apart, right? How come he just casually tore it off?"

"How bizarre! What on earth did that guy do just now?"

As they looked at the talisman in Dustin's hand, everyone was dumbfounded, utterly astonished.

The reputation of the Mountain Breaker Talisman from Dragon Tiger Mountain was widely known, as heavy as a mountain, something mere mortals couldn't budge.

Once forcibly torn apart, it would incur serious backlash.

The actions of the Twin Power before were the perfect example.

However, they never expected Dustin to defy common sense and effortlessly tear apart the talisman.

It was simply inconceivable.

"What's going on? It got torn off just like that? It seems like the Mountain Breaker Talisman you guys talked about isn't all that impressive." Ruby blinked, somewhat bewildered.

Thought it was supposed to be so powerful, turns out it's just this?

"..."

Kieran twitched his mouth, momentarily at a loss for words.

The power of the talisman was unquestionable. Apart from disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain, there were only two possibilities for tearing it: either the person tearing it was far stronger than the one who made it, or they were proficient in Taoist methods.

Besides these, there was no third possibility.

Dustin being able to tear the talisman so easily, without causing any ripples, most likely meant he was proficient in Taoist methods.

However, these methods were mostly secretive, never passed on.

He couldn't fathom where Dustin had learned them from.

"Brother Dustin's skills are truly vast. He can even tear apart the Mountain Breaker Talisman from Dragon Tiger Mountain, impressive!" After the surprise, Ulysses couldn't help but give a thumbs-up.

Being good at fighting was one thing, but also being proficient in mystical arts, was there anything he couldn't do?

"It seems we should admire Brother Dustin even more. I believe he will surely shine in this martial arts competition." Emerald rarely showed a smile.

Geniuses like Dustin were beyond her reach. Now, it was purely about admiration and appreciation.

"I've already taken off the talisman. So, according to the bet, this person should be mine now, right?" Dustin held the talisman in one hand and lifted Steelclaw with the other.

"Interesting. Looks like what my old man said isn't wrong. The martial world indeed hides dragons and crouching tigers." After a slight surprise, Troy quickly laughed, "I wasn't very interested in this martial arts competition originally, but seeing you, it's made me a bit curious. Hope to meet you on the stage."

"Is that so? Then I'll await your arrival." Dustin nodded slightly.

"Let's go, let's go home and sleep."

Troy stretched lazily, not bothering to linger, and turned to leave, quite carefree.

Two disciples from Dragon Tiger Mountain glanced at Dustin before quickly following suit.

Though they didn't understand how Dustin did it, they could be sure that he wasn't simple.

Their Young Master was always carefree, no matter what happened, he always had a relaxed attitude like a salted fish.

It was the first time they had seen their Young Master take such an interest in someone.

They even had the intention to challenge.

"Brother Dustin, I didn't expect you to have such skills. It's truly astonishing!" Devon sighed.

Looking at Dustin, their gaze seemed to have gained something extra.

Chapter 2250 - "Aftermath and Opportunities"

"It's just some tricks I've picked up, nothing to write home about," Dustin said with a faint smile.

"Dustin, you're being too modest. If what you did was just child's play, then I should feel ashamed," Devon shook his head.

"Elder Devon, I'm sorry about Elder Declan's death, but as you've seen, it had nothing to do with me," Dustin shrugged.

"Erm..."

Devon hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "Of course, Elder Declan's death was purely accidental. We in the World Society are reasonable people and won't wrongly accuse an innocent person."

"Protector Devon!"

As someone behind him was about to speak, Devon raised his hand to stop them and coldly questioned, "Everyone here saw clearly that Elder Declan was killed by a monster. Do you have any objections?"

"N-No, none at all," the person immediately lowered their head.

Naturally, he wouldn't dare to offend Devon over the deceased Declan Layton.

Besides, blaming Dustin for this matter was out of the question.

After all, Dustin didn't kill anyone; he just didn't intervene to save the victim.

"You there, take Elder Declan's body away and give him a proper burial!" Devon gestured.

"Yes!" Several disciples of the World Society immediately stepped forward to carry away Declan's headless corpse.

"Dustin, you've worked hard tonight. I have some other matters to attend to, so I'll take my leave," Devon smiled, clasping his hands together before departing with his group.

He had seen Dustin's potential and knew he was not to be underestimated.

Talents like him were worth befriending.

Pursuing Dustin's responsibility for the dead would not only be fruitless but could also lead to trouble.

Of course, the crucial point was that Dustin had no connection with Declan whatsoever.

In fact, their interactions had been rather unpleasant.

Declan was too arrogant and domineering, never considering Dustin as an equal. Dustin could only endure and suppress his anger since Declan was one level higher in status. Now that Declan was dead, not only was Dustin relieved, but he also saw an opportunity for advancement.

Watching Devon and his group leave, Dustin took out several silver needles and inserted them into Steelclaw's head, neck, and back.

These silver needles were specifically designed to seal Steelclaw's acupoints, preventing it from turning into a beast again.

As long as the needles remained inside its body, Steelclaw's strength would be completely locked down.

Even with the cultivation of a martial arts grandmaster, it would be no different from an ordinary person.

"Alana and Denise."

After dealing with Steelclaw, Dustin called out.

"Here!"

Alana and Denise immediately came forward and bowed.

"Take this man away and deliver him to your lady tonight. Let her interrogate him thoroughly. Report any findings immediately," Dustin ordered.

"Yes!"

Alana and Denise acknowledged without hesitation, lifting Steelclaw and leaving promptly.

Watching their departing figures, Dustin pondered.

Steelclaw harbored many secrets, whether it was the assassin organization behind it or its ability to transform into a beast, all were crucial.

If he could grasp even a bit of it, he could unleash unexpected advantages.

Thanks a lot Immortal for the resources. Honestly I was expecting this drama would go for another week and luckily it is over now. We could also infer that Margaret or Gabrielle has already arrived which means the tournament might begin soon.