An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Chapter 2231 - "Chilling Encounters: Dustin's Run-in with the Ice Cold Divine Needles"

"Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!"

Three frigid divine needles tore through the night sky, carrying a potent chill as they aimed for three vital points on Dustin's upper, middle, and lower body.

"Hmm?"

Dustin's brows furrowed, swiftly bringing his sword up to block.

"Clang! Clang! Clang!"

The three frigid divine needles struck the sword, instantly exploding into billowing mists of ice.

Upon contact with the mist, Dustin's sword was immediately encased in ice.

Simultaneously, a fierce coldness crept along the frozen blade, swiftly spreading towards Dustin's arm.

In the blink of an eye, Dustin's arm wielding the sword was already frozen solid by the chilling aura.

"Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles?"

Dustin's expression darkened as he unleashed his profound True Qi.

The mist surrounding him was instantly dispersed, and cracks appeared on the frozen arm along with it.

With a tremor in his body, the ice blocks on his arm quickly fell away, restoring it to its original state.

Fortunately, he wasn't directly hit; otherwise, once the Ice Cold Divine Needles entered his body, they would swiftly disrupt bodily functions.

Even with his formidable strength, he would eventually suffer severe injuries.

For those lacking in strength, they would likely perish on the spot, turned into ice sculptures.

The assailant was clearly aiming to take lives!

Ignoring the transformed Steelclaw, Dustin shifted his gaze elsewhere.

On a rooftop in the distance, a figure was rapidly approaching.

As it drew closer, the figure leaped into the air with a single step, soaring like a goose for a distance before landing lightly about ten meters away from Dustin.

Upon closer inspection, Dustin noticed it was an elderly man with white hair.

The old man was lean, dressed extravagantly, with sharp, eagle-like eyes exuding a formidable aura.

"Who are you?" Dustin asked coldly.

"I am Declan Layton, an elder of the World Society!" The white-haired old man, Declan, stood with hands behind his back, his demeanor proud.

"Declan Layton?" Dustin squinted slightly.

He had naturally heard of Declan's name.

As one of the eight elders of the World Society, second only to the Sect Master, Darkbane Moore, he was a pillar of the World Society, and Declan was one of them.

Rumor had it that Declan was arrogant and hot-tempered, quick to resort to violence.

Yet, his strength was formidable, and with a deep background, few dared to provoke him in the martial world.

"Elder Declan of the World Society? I didn't expect him to be here too."

"Great! With Elder Layton here, those assassins are as good as sheep to the slaughter!"

"Something seems off... Elder Layton's demeanor doesn't seem like he's here to help."

Declan's appearance sparked discussions among the crowd.

Normally, with Thorn Pyker murdered, the World Society should seek revenge and pursue those assassins.

But now, not only did Declan show no intention of seeking revenge, he even intervened to prevent Dustin from killing the Steelclaw.

From this, it was clear that Declan wasn't aligned with them.

"Young man, today's matters end here. Hand over this monster to me, and you can all leave." Declan's face remained cold, his tone commanding.

Chapter 2232 -"Tigers and Tactics: Dustin's Tangle with Declan's Furry Fury"

"Hand it over to you? On what grounds?" Dustin remained impassive.

"Hmm?" Declan frowned. "What's this? You dare refuse me?"

As an elder of the World Society, he had roamed the rivers and lakes for many years, and few dared to oppose him.

"Give me a reason." Dustin's tone was flat.

"A reason?" Declan snorted. "Because I am an elder of the World Society; because I have power and influence; because I am stronger than you. Are these reasons sufficient?"

"From Elder Layton's implication, are you intending to bully others with your power?" Dustin's lips curled into a smile, but his gaze remained unusually cold.

"And what if I am? If you're smart, hand over this thing to me. Otherwise, don't blame me for being impolite!" Declan was starting to lose patience.

As the saying goes, long nights breed many dreams. If they continued to drag this out, it was inevitable that some unexpected changes would occur.

By then, acquiring this creature would not be so simple.

"In my life, I detest being threatened the most. If you had approached me properly, handing over this creature to you might have been possible. But you came at me with an attitude of superiority, and even attempted a sneak attack with the Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles. No matter what you say today, I will not give this creature to you!" Dustin's voice was cold.

"You little brat! You won't shed tears until you see the coffin!"

Declan's face darkened, no longer wasting words, and directly attacked.

His sleeves flicked, and three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles shot out, aimed directly at vital points on Dustin's body.

"Hmph!"

Dustin didn't flinch, raising his sword in a swift motion.

"Swish!"

A crescent-shaped white sword aura slashed out, accurately intercepting the three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Three explosions rang out as the three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles were directly shattered by the sword aura, turning into scattered ice mist.

As the ice mist settled on the ground, a thick layer of ice instantly formed.

"Hmm?"

Seeing his attack being thwarted again, Declan couldn't help but furrow his brow slightly. "I didn't expect you, kid, to have some strength. No wonder you dare to be so arrogant?"

"The World Society sure is wealthy and generous. Precious Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles, easily wasted by you." Dustin sneered.

"You dare mock me, kid? Die!"

The proud Declan instantly flew into a rage, clenching his fists, then striking out into thin air.

"Roar!"

A thunderous roar resounded.

A huge golden tiger suddenly leapt out from Declan's body, then pounced towards Dustin, teeth and claws bared.

The golden tiger stood seven to eight meters tall, radiating golden light all over, its imposing manner terrifying.

As if it could swallow Dustin in one gulp.

"Tiger's Wrath Fist! This is Declan's ultimate move!" Watching the battle, Emerald's expression changed.

"It's over, it's over. Facing Declan, this old monster, Dustin is truly finished now!" Ulysses stamped his feet anxiously.

"What kind of elder of the World Society is this, bullying the weak with the strong, truly shameless!" Ruby angrily cursed.

None of them had expected that just after dealing with a powerful creature, now there emerged Elder Declan of the World Society.

And this old guy was extremely unreasonable, resorting to violence at the drop of a hat, truly going too far in his bullying.

I want to be like you 😍, I always wish I could master at least five languages. French is the second official language in Nigeria but hardly anyone can speak it even when we are being taught in elementary sch and junior high sch. I used to speak basic cause I had a best friend who could speak it fluently as she was from a french speaking country. But now I can't even remember the ones she taught me 😩
I learnt English, French & Arabic because I was obliged to learn. I have worked in various countries where English, French and Arabic were Official language.

If it was not necessary, I would not have learnt French and Arabic at all. I learned Sanskrit because I wanted to understand Scriptures of Hinduism. I learnt Hindi and Urdu because I have been reading/watching/listening Indian Music, Indian Comics, Movies, Serials and Novels since I was about 5 yrs.

I learned East African languages (Somali, Afar and Ethiopian (Habesha) because I had to deal with them almost on a daily basis for nearly 5 years.

I learned Japanese (beginners level) because I had Japanese colleagues and I worked for Jap NGOs for 2 yrs.

So, it’s clear - We can learn language well only when it becomes obligatory during our career or when we are seriously interested in it.

For the sake of hobby or fun, you can learn 50-100 words and 20-30 sentences of any languages but you can hardly progress beyond that.

I guess we are progressing on who are behind this assassinations.
So Dustin has to deal with an elder from world society, the competition hasn't even started, he hasn't started dealing with the five nation alliance which he likely contend with in the future. Meanwhile the owner of Tiger Mountain (don't know his name here but in Nazmul thread he is known as Devin of Infernal mountain) hasn't interfere to this events be taking place in his domain. And there is no possible way he doesn't know yet

So Dustin has to deal with an elder from world society, the competition hasn't even started, he hasn't started dealing with the five nation alliance which he likely contend with in the future. Meanwhile the owner of Tiger Mountain (don't know his name here but in Nazmul thread he is known as Devin of Infernal mountain) hasn't interfere to this events be taking place in his domain. And there is no possible way he doesn't know yet

He is the immortal gm here in dragon tiger mountain and his name is Phantom

Chapter 2229 - "The Beast, The Blade, and The Bloodbath"

Dustin asked himself whether he had seen much and knew that creatures like werewolves and vampires existed in the Western world.

But he had never encountered a situation where a creature, like Steelclaw, directly transformed into a monster, increasing its strength several times over.

From this, it can be seen that this mysterious killer organization has a very powerful background, otherwise, it would not be possible to cultivate so many experts.

"Roar!"

Steelclaw, pushed back, went into a frenzy, its body expanding once again, comparable to an elephant.

It was surrounded by black smoke, full of ominous energy.

"Boom!"

Steelclaw's limbs suddenly pushed off the ground, instantly shooting out like a cannonball towards Dustin.

The speed was frightening.

"Gale Slash!"

Dustin held a sword with one hand, slashing five times in front of him.

The five sword lights intertwined, forming a large net, pressing towards Steelclaw.

"Boom!"

A loud noise.

Steelclaw did not dodge or avoid, but directly rammed into the sword net.

The five sword lights shattered on the spot, dissipating into energy.

On the other hand, Steelclaw, after transforming, was thrown back several meters, then crashed heavily into the ground, creating a deep pit.

"Roar!"

Steelclaw rolled up, roaring softly, with even fiercer fierceness in its beastly eyes.

After the recent impact, Steelclaw was covered in blood, seriously injured.

One of its thick arms was severed, and three deep sword marks appeared on its chest.

The sword marks were deep enough to see bone, almost a fatal wound for ordinary beasts.

But for the transformed Steelclaw, it was nothing.

Its huge body not only had strong defense but also reached a terrifying level of recovery.

In just a few seconds, the wounds on Steelclaw's chest not only stopped bleeding but also rapidly healed.

The most terrifying thing was that even the severed arm was visibly regrowing at an alarming speed.

This abnormal recovery ability was simply terrifying!

"Damn! What on earth is this thing? It can grow back its arm even after it's severed? It's too scary!"

"Damn it! It's like a cockroach that can't be killed!"

"Faced with such a monster, I wonder if Brother Dustin can hold up?"

Watching Steelclaw's wounds rapidly heal, the martial artists were shocked and speechless.

When Steelclaw was forced back, they were still hopeful, thinking they had a chance.

But now, they had no confidence at all.

The transformed Steelclaw not only had speed, strength, and strong defense but also an unbelievable recovery ability.

Anyone facing such a thing would inevitably feel despair.

They now only hoped that Dustin could withstand the pressure, otherwise, if this monster went berserk, the entire small town would be awash with blood!

"What a troublesome guy."

Dustin frowned slightly, his expression serious.

He really didn't expect the transformed Steelclaw to have such terrifying recovery abilities.

Such serious injuries were almost completely healed in just a few breaths.

If he continued to fight like this, he estimated he would be worn down alive.

"It seems like today, I can't let you live."

Dustin shook his head, a hint of killing intent in his eyes.

He originally planned to leave a live captive, capture Steelclaw alive, and then interrogate for some information.

Chapter 2230 - "Claws, Chaos, and Close Calls: Dustin's Showdown"

As it stands now, capturing alive is no longer possible; it must be eliminated as soon as possible, or else there will be endless trouble.

"Roar!"

At this moment, the severed arm of Steelclaw has completely regrown.

No different from before, still very strong.

After Steelclaw scraped the ground with its newly grown claws, without any hesitation, it once again pounced towards Dustin.

Dustin took a deep breath, slowly raised the sword in front of his chest, and then with a shake of his body, the profound clear true energy instantly surged out.

"Boom!"

A loud explosion echoed in the air.

With Dustin's feet as the center, a powerful wave of energy suddenly burst forth, sweeping over the surroundings like raging waves.

In an instant, Steelclaw's body trembled, feeling only a terrifying pressure, like a mountain crashing down on its back, causing its charging speed to greatly decrease.

"Shattered Sky Strike!"

Dustin, revealing his true strength, underwent a drastic change in his aura.

Only to see his footsteps, instantly merging into one with the sword, turning into a sharp sword aura, directly piercing Steelclaw's chest.

"Swish!"

A flash of light passed by, and Dustin, along with the sword, instantly pierced through Steelclaw's body.

A large hole was left in its chest.

The charging Steelclaw's body trembled, then fell to the ground.

Its huge body inertia caused it to slide on the ground for more than ten meters before slowly coming to a stop.

On the bluestone ground, a long bloodstain was pulled out.

"Is... is it over?"

"Damn! Is it true? Is that monster dead?"

"Such a fast strike! Such a fierce attack! It's really too strong!"

"..."

The Steelclaw's fall caused the entire scene to erupt.

No one had expected that Dustin could actually win against such a terrifying monster, and so effortlessly at that.

With just a simple sword strike, the battle was completely resolved.

Truly powerful.

So, the question arises: who is the real monster here?

"Wait! That monster isn't dead yet, I saw it move!"

"Impossible! Even without a heart, it can still live?"

"It moved! It really moved!"

With waves of exclamations, Steelclaw lying on the ground began to twitch incessantly.

The basin-sized wound on its chest was visibly healing at a speed visible to the naked eye.

The sudden turn of events startled everyone.

They never dreamed that Steelclaw, with its chest pierced and heart destroyed, could still be alive.

And not only alive, but also rapidly recovering.

This is simply unbelievable!

At this moment, not only the martial artists were shocked, even Dustin felt that this was a bit too unbelievable.

Can a creature really live without a heart being destroyed?

Dustin held the sword and slowly walked to the front of Steelclaw, looking down from a high position.

It's true, Steelclaw's heart is indeed gone, but its body's functions are still rapidly recovering.

This has already exceeded the scope of biology.

"I don't believe I can't kill you!"

Dustin raised his sword again and fiercely slashed towards Steelclaw's head.

If it can live without a heart, then what about a destroyed head?

"Show mercy!"

Just as Dustin was about to deliver the fatal blow, a loud shout suddenly resounded out of nowhere.

At the same time, three icy god needles came through the air, directly piercing Dustin's three major acupoints.
Such a sneaky attack
You are doomed today,everyone in the house would wage a war against the organisation,even the a person with a low cultivation would take you all down But since you forced our hand ✋,you should be more than happy to die in our hands

I want to be like you 😍, I always wish I could master at least five languages. French is the second official language in Nigeria but hardly anyone can speak it even when we are being taught in elementary sch and junior high sch. I used to speak basic cause I had a best friend who could speak it fluently as she was from a french speaking country. But now I can't even remember the ones she taught me 😩
Are you from Nigeria

Chapter 2231 - "Chilling Encounters: Dustin's Run-in with the Ice Cold Divine Needles"

Three frigid divine needles tore through the night sky, carrying a potent chill as they aimed for three vital points on Dustin's upper, middle, and lower body.

"Hmm?"

"Clang! Clang! Clang!"

The three frigid divine needles struck the sword, instantly exploding into billowing mists of ice.

Simultaneously, a fierce coldness crept along the frozen blade, swiftly spreading towards Dustin's arm.

In the blink of an eye, Dustin's arm wielding the sword was already frozen solid by the chilling aura.

The mist surrounding him was instantly dispersed, and cracks appeared on the frozen arm along with it.

With a tremor in his body, the ice blocks on his arm quickly fell away, restoring it to its original state.

Fortunately, he wasn't directly hit; otherwise, once the Ice Cold Divine Needles entered his body, they would swiftly disrupt bodily functions.

For those lacking in strength, they would likely perish on the spot, turned into ice sculptures.

As it drew closer, the figure leaped into the air with a single step, soaring like a goose for a distance before landing lightly about ten meters away from Dustin.

The old man was lean, dressed extravagantly, with sharp, eagle-like eyes exuding a formidable aura.

"I am Declan Layton, an elder of the World Society!" The white-haired old man, Declan, stood with hands behind his back, his demeanor proud.

As one of the eight elders of the World Society, second only to the Sect Master, Darkbane Moore, he was a pillar of the World Society, and Declan was one of them.

Rumor had it that Declan was arrogant and hot-tempered, quick to resort to violence.

Yet, his strength was formidable, and with a deep background, few dared to provoke him in the martial world.

"Great! With Elder Layton here, those assassins are as good as sheep to the slaughter!"

"Something seems off... Elder Layton's demeanor doesn't seem like he's here to help."

Normally, with Thorn Pyker murdered, the World Society should seek revenge and pursue those assassins.

But now, not only did Declan show no intention of seeking revenge, he even intervened to prevent Dustin from killing the Steelclaw.

"Young man, today's matters end here. Hand over this monster to me, and you can all leave." Declan's face remained cold, his tone commanding.

As an elder of the World Society, he had roamed the rivers and lakes for many years, and few dared to oppose him.

"A reason?" Declan snorted. "Because I am an elder of the World Society; because I have power and influence; because I am stronger than you. Are these reasons sufficient?"

"From Elder Layton's implication, are you intending to bully others with your power?" Dustin's lips curled into a smile, but his gaze remained unusually cold.

"And what if I am? If you're smart, hand over this thing to me. Otherwise, don't blame me for being impolite!" Declan was starting to lose patience.

As the saying goes, long nights breed many dreams. If they continued to drag this out, it was inevitable that some unexpected changes would occur.

"In my life, I detest being threatened the most. If you had approached me properly, handing over this creature to you might have been possible. But you came at me with an attitude of superiority, and even attempted a sneak attack with the Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles. No matter what you say today, I will not give this creature to you!" Dustin's voice was cold.

His sleeves flicked, and three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles shot out, aimed directly at vital points on Dustin's body.

"Hmph!"

"Swish!"

A crescent-shaped white sword aura slashed out, accurately intercepting the three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Three explosions rang out as the three Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles were directly shattered by the sword aura, turning into scattered ice mist.

"Hmm?"

Seeing his attack being thwarted again, Declan couldn't help but furrow his brow slightly. "I didn't expect you, kid, to have some strength. No wonder you dare to be so arrogant?"

"The World Society sure is wealthy and generous. Precious Frost God's Divine Judgment Needles, easily wasted by you." Dustin sneered.

The proud Declan instantly flew into a rage, clenching his fists, then striking out into thin air.

"Roar!"

A huge golden tiger suddenly leapt out from Declan's body, then pounced towards Dustin, teeth and claws bared.

The golden tiger stood seven to eight meters tall, radiating golden light all over, its imposing manner terrifying.

"Tiger's Wrath Fist! This is Declan's ultimate move!" Watching the battle, Emerald's expression changed.

"It's over, it's over. Facing Declan, this old monster, Dustin is truly finished now!" Ulysses stamped his feet anxiously.

"What kind of elder of the World Society is this, bullying the weak with the strong, truly shameless!" Ruby angrily cursed.

None of them had expected that just after dealing with a powerful creature, now there emerged Elder Declan of the World Society.

And this old guy was extremely unreasonable, resorting to violence at the drop of a hat, truly going too far in his bullying.
This Declan Layton is toast and his core would be obtain and fed to the warriors to cultivate with

"Hmm?"

"Clang! Clang! Clang!"

"Hmph!"

"Swish!"

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

"Hmm?"

"Roar!"

Becoming more interesting again, nice reading. Eager for more chapters

I speak 9 languages fluently and I can do basic communication in another 3 languages. I am just at beginners level for Japanese.

Among them:
1.Nepali - Native, Tamang- Mother tongue, Newari- Father Tongue
2.English, French, Hindi, Sanskrit- Read, Write, Understand (Advanced Level)
3.Urdu, Arabic- Intermediate
4. Somali, Afar, Habesha- Basic
5. Japanese- Beginner

Here’s my experience. None of the language can be learnt within a week, month. It takes 3-6 months to be able to communicate, read and write to reach basic level. You gotta practice daily for at least half an hour. It takes couple of years to be at intermediate level. It takes several years to be at advanced level.

Well, you can quickly be at beginners level. In a couple of weeks or even a single month. You willl be excited that you know 200-300 words and 20-30 sentences in 1 month. But trust me, after that learning will take longer to reach higher levels.

Thanks so much for this insight

I'm a Nigerian too bro. Yoruba boy

Chapter 2233 - "Fist of Fury: Dustin vs. Declan"

"The Tiger's Wrath Fist, huh? Well, I know it too!"

Dustin snorted coldly, not drawing his sword but instead raising his fist, condensing profound pure qi, and throwing a punch towards the golden tiger.

"Roar!"

Accompanied by a deafening roar.

A huge white tiger leaped out from Dustin's body, then fiercely pounced towards the golden tiger.

The two tigers were similar in size, both exuding terrifying momentum.

After a brief charge, they collided heavily.

"Boom!"

With a loud noise, the earth shook, and energy overflowed.

White light and golden light simultaneously burst forth, each claiming half of the sky.

Powerful hurricanes swept out from the point of impact, spreading in all directions.

Wherever they passed, everything was destroyed, as if nothing could stand in their way.

The wreckage of the previous battle was directly swept away, leaving the area within a hundred meters smooth as a mirror.

When all the dust settled, everyone looked closely, unable to hide their astonishment.

After the confrontation, both Dustin and Declan stood tall and firm, neither able to overcome the other.

"Isn't that something? Dustin can actually hold his own against Declan?" Ulysses widened his eyes, somewhat incredulous.

Who is Declan? He's one of the eight elders of the World Society, with a status higher than Devon Page, second only to the sect master, Darkbane Moore.

It is rumored that Declan's cultivation has reached the realm of Grandmaster Apex.

Facing such a powerful opponent, Dustin is still able to hold his own, which is truly unbelievable.

"It seems we have underestimated Dustin's strength." Kieran narrowed his eyes, lost in thought.

"If he can fight Declan Layton to a standstill, does that mean Dustin is on the same level as our master?" Ruby was taken aback.

She knew Dustin was formidable, but she hadn't realized he was this powerful.

Truly, without comparison, one cannot perceive the difference.

"Strange, with Dustin's strength, he should be able to make it onto the Heavenly Whiz List. Why isn't his name on the list?" Emerald muttered to herself.

Is Dustin too low-key, or has the Bureau of Celestial Intelligence overlooked something?

"Kid! How do you know the Tiger's Wrath Fist? Who exactly are you?!" Declan's face darkened, his killing intent surging in his eyes.

For the first time, he felt a threat from a young man.

To have such powerful strength in his twenties, what heights will he reach in the future?

If he hadn't offended the other party, he could naturally lower his posture and make friends with him.

But now that they've fought, their relationship can't be reconciled.

Facing such a potential threat, given his style of doing things, he must nip it in the bud.

"I'm just an unknown nobody, naturally not worthy of Elder Declan's attention." Dustin said calmly.

"Kid! This is the last chance I'll give you. As long as you step aside now, I can pretend that nothing happened, I can overlook your previous offense against me, how about it?" Declan squinted.

"Who exactly offended whom? It seems Elder Declan hasn't figured it out yet; besides, this monster isn't something you can control. Leaving it behind will only harm yourself and others." Dustin said expressionlessly.

Declan is only a Grandmaster Apex, while Steelclaw after transformation already possesses the strength of an early Grandmaster.

Once Steelclaw recovers, Declan won't be able to control it at all. By then, blood will surely flow like a river.

"Kid! Don't push your luck!" Declan's eyes flashed with fierceness.

Chapter 2234 - "The Battle Rages On"

"Senior Declan, enough is enough. Don't dig your own grave," Dustin grew impatient.

"Very well! Since you are so ignorant of your own mortality, I'll grant your wish!"

Declan became furious, skipping further talk, and suddenly clapped his palms together, then slowly withdrew.

Within moments, golden light swirled around his palms, swiftly taking form.

In the blink of an eye, a golden greatsword materialized out of thin air.

His technique was so uncanny that it left the onlookers dumbfounded.

Dustin remained silent, with a single hand, he grabbed the sword embedded in the ground, and it immediately flew into his grasp.

"Kid! I'll make you regret your choices!"

Declan raised the sword with one hand, slowly holding it across his chest, then with a sudden step, he shot forward like a cannonball, swinging fiercely towards Dustin's chest.

"Boom!"

A thunderous sound echoed.

The golden sword in Declan's hand suddenly expanded to ten meters in length, like a colossal blade from the heavens, slashing fiercely towards Dustin.

Dustin didn't flinch, lifting his sword to block.

"Clang!"

The clash of sword and blade sent sparks flying, and a terrifying explosion of energy erupted instantly.

The ground beneath Dustin's feet collapsed, shattering into a pit.

Yet, he stood upright, unharmed.

"Let's see how long you can hold on!"

Declan switched to holding the sword with both hands, pressing the blade against Dustin's sword, exerting relentless force downwards.

He attempted to use his formidable cultivation to crush Dustin directly.

"Elder Declan! Show some mercy!"

At that moment, a shout came from afar.

Declan abruptly turned his head to see Devon leading a group of people, rushing towards them.

Among them were some experts from Dragon Tiger Mountain.

"Excellent! Dragon Tiger Mountain's people have finally arrived!" Ulysses's face lit up.

"With Dragon Tiger Mountain overseeing justice, that old man Declan won't be so arrogant!" Ruby said indignantly.

"Something's not right. Declan shows no signs of backing down," Kieran frowned.

"Could he be planning to strike before the people from Dragon Tiger Mountain intervene, directly attempting to kill?" Emerald quickly realized the severity of the situation.

Given Declan's domineering nature, such an action wouldn't be beyond him.

"Die!"

At that moment, Declan's eyes flashed with malice, as the masterful energy within him surged like tidal waves, continuously infusing into the golden sword.

"Buzz!"

The golden sword began to tremble, its surface radiating brilliance.

A terrifying force relentlessly clashed against Dustin's sword, like an avalanche, unceasingly.

Emerald's guess was correct; Declan had already harbored murderous intent, preparing to deal with Dustin completely before Devon Page and his group arrived.

For this, he spared no effort, completely abandoning defense, launching a full-on assault without holding back.

"Heh..."

Facing the ferocious Declan, Dustin smirked coldly, not meeting force with force, but suddenly sidestepped.

"Boom!"

With no obstruction, Declan's golden sword slammed heavily into the ground.

Even the hard rocky surface split open, leaving a two-meter deep, tens of meters long gash.

"Roar!!"

However, just as Declan's golden sword descended, a massive shadow suddenly pounced, knocking him to the ground.

The terrifying force pinned Declan down, unable to rise.

The assailant, a towering Steelclaw in its beast form!

Chapter 2235 - "Golden Blades and Green Goo: A Sticky Situation"

The sudden onslaught of Steelclaw caught Declan completely off guard.

Before he could react, he found himself pinned to the ground.

The strength of the transformed male Steelclaw was astonishing, its claws like dark iron, and Declan, trapped underneath, struggled to break free.

In this dire moment, he had no choice but to use his own golden blade to fend off the relentless swipes of Steelclaw's claws.

"Roar~!!"

Steelclaw continued to roar incessantly.

From its blood-filled maw, greenish liquid oozed incessantly.

This viscous fluid, foul-smelling and sticky, emitted a sizzling sound as it dripped onto Declan's face.

His once unblemished skin began to rapidly decay upon contact with the green liquid.

"Ah~!"

Gritting his teeth, Declan let out a painful howl.

He had never expected Steelclaw, which had just been pierced through the chest, to recover so quickly.

In just a few minutes, the wound had completely healed, which was truly inconceivable!

To make matters worse, the beast now regarded him as a target for attack.

"Beast! Get off me!"

Declan roared, pushing with all his might against Steelclaw before him, using the back of his blade.

However, no matter how hard he pushed, it was to no avail.

The transformed Steelclaw, now at the level of an early Supreme Grandmaster, possessed exceptionally formidable strength.

In a head-on confrontation, Declan was no match.

"Roar~!!"

Steelclaw roared, its claws pressing down on the golden blade.

Its teeth, inches away from Declan's face, drew closer with each passing moment.

With its barbed tongue, it merely grazed Declan's face, tearing away a large chunk of flesh.

It was a horrifying sight to behold.

"I never expected that creature to actually save Master Dustin, truly unpredictable." Ulysses marveled.

"It seems Declan is struggling to hold his ground." Kieran squinted.

"Hmph! That old man enjoys bullying others, so it's only fitting he's ended up like this!" Ruby gloated.

"What a move to shift the attention onto others; it seems Young Master Dustin had this planned from the start." Emerald observed quietly, her eyes filled with admiration.

While others may not have realized it, she had just witnessed it very clearly.

The initial target of Steelclaw's ambush was Dustin.

However, Dustin had been prepared, evading Steelclaw's attack beforehand.

Thus, Steelclaw ended up pouncing on Declan instead.

Now, with both man and beast locked in a struggle, neither was on guard against Dustin.

As long as Dustin wished, he could easily claim both their lives.

"You scoundrel! You're truly despicable! Using this creature against me? Get it off me now!" Declan's face contorted in fury as he yelled repeatedly.

At this moment, he was pinned down by the transformed Steelclaw, unable to move, no matter how hard he struggled.

If this continued, he would inevitably be bitten to death by the creature.

"Elder Declan, you can't blame me for this. It's your own wicked deeds that have brought upon this retribution. This creature is the punishment sent by the heavens." Dustin stood nearby, watching with amusement.

Chapter 2236 - "Farewell, Foolish Elder: Declan's Legacy Consumed"

"Brat! Stop talking nonsense! Quickly kill this monster, and tonight's events, I'll pretend they never happened!" Declan roared in anger.

"Elder Declan's power is unmatched, why would I need to intervene? It would be best if you handled it yourself," Dustin remained unmoved.

Characters like Declan, who held grudges relentlessly, were better off eliminated.

Of course, if he were to take matters into his own hands, it might be troublesome. So, he chose to use another's hand to do the deed.

"Roar~!!"

At this moment, Steelclaw's blood-stained jaws were pressing lower and lower, leaving less than an inch between Declan's face and its mouth.

However, Declan was nearing exhaustion and couldn't hold on until Devon's support arrived.

Continuing like this meant certain death.

Seeing death approaching, the usually proud Declan finally surrendered.

"Young... young brother! I apologize for my offense earlier. As long as you kill this monster, I will greatly reward you afterward!" Declan urgently pleaded.

Previously he commanded, now he begged for help.

"Is that so?" Dustin raised an eyebrow.

"It is, it is!"

Declan's face lit up, thinking Dustin was about to agree, and hurriedly continued, "Young brother, I am an elder of the World Society, with power and influence. As long as you save my life, no matter what you ask for, I will fulfill it!"

"Words are wind, make an oath first," Dustin said calmly.

"Alright, alright... I swear, I will keep my promise, otherwise may heaven strike me down, is that sufficient?" Declan was sweating profusely, hands trembling visibly, clearly at his limit.

"Fist oath, even if you swear, I still don't trust you," Dustin shrugged, showing no intention to intervene.

"Are you kidding me?!" Declan almost spat out blood in anger.

A momentary lapse caused his qi to become chaotic.

Steelclaw's jaws moved another inch forward, directly biting off Declan's nose.

"Ah~!"

Declan screamed in agony, blood covering his face.

"What? You only realize now? Unfortunately, it's too late," Dustin sneered, coldness emanating from his eyes.

Arrogant bullies like him were truly not worth pitying.

"Ah~!!"

Declan roared in defiance, appearing like a madman, "Brat! I will make sure to tear you into a thousand pieces!!"

As he spoke, his arm finally gave out, collapsing.

At the same time, Steelclaw opened its bloodied jaws and forcefully bit down.

With a "crunch," Declan's entire head was swallowed by Steelclaw in one gulp.

Blood gushed from his severed neck.

Silence.

The entire scene suddenly fell silent.

Even Devon and his group, who had just arrived, couldn't help but stop in their tracks.

Each of them stared in disbelief.

None of them had expected that Declan, the formidable elder of the World Society, would die here.

And to die so gruesomely.

His entire head was devoured by the monster, not even leaving behind a complete corpse.

Chapter 2237 - "Fearsome Fur to Human Form: Steelclaw's Shapeshift"

"Dead... dead? How is that possible?!"

"Who would have thought that the esteemed Elder Declan, a prominent figure dominating the martial world, would actually meet his end at the hands of a monster? Truly unthinkable!"

"It's all because Declan was too arrogant and overbearing. Ending up in this situation is just karma."

Declan's death triggered a commotion throughout the assembly.

No one anticipated that the imposing figure, a person of great influence in the martial world, would meet such a sudden demise.

Tackled by a ferocious Steelclaw, he lost his head in an instant.

There was no chance for resistance, a truly bizarre turn of events.

"Declan... Elder Declan?"

Devon Page, who had just arrived, stared at the headless corpse in shock.

Regardless of strength or social standing, Declan surpassed him. Within the entire World Society, he was an invaluable member and a pillar of support.

All the disciples participating in the martial arts competition on Dragon Tiger Mountain were under Declan's jurisdiction.

His authority was immense, overshadowing countless others.

However, the once illustrious figure now lay as nothing more than a headless corpse, a sight that evoked lamentation.

"Roar!"

After devouring Declan's head, Steelclaw raised its head, letting out a thunderous roar that shook the heavens and the earth. Many warriors covered their ears, showing signs of pain.

At the Supreme Grandmaster level, even a simple sound wave attack was beyond the resistance of ordinary martial artists.

"Thud!"

Following the roar, Steelclaw's massive body collapsed as if exhausted, fainting on the spot.

Soon after, Steelclaw's size rapidly decreased, and its tough black fur retracted into its body.

Its claws, fangs, facial features, and muscles—all the beastly characteristics disappeared bit by bit.

In just a few breaths, the previously fearsome black-furred creature transformed completely back into a human appearance.

Witnessing this, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Steelclaw's transformation was truly terrifying.

Incredible speed, formidable strength, astonishing defense, and even a recovery ability that bordered on the inconceivable.

Regenerating a severed limb and healing a shattered heart—truly an invincible monster.

Even top-notch experts like Declan couldn't withstand its attack, let alone others.

Fortunately, the creature had exhausted its strength; otherwise, the casualties might have been much higher.

"Dustin, are you all right?"

After a brief daze, Devon finally led a group forward.

"I'm fine, but your World Society's Elder Declan seems to have encountered an unexpected event," replied Dustin calmly.

Upon hearing this, Devon's mouth twitched, momentarily at a loss for words.

This wasn't just an unexpected event; it was practically a decapitation!

"Hey! You were clearly standing next to Elder Declan when the monster attacked. Why didn't you help?!"

Chapter 2238 - "Moral Coercion and Martial Ethics"

At this moment, a young female disciple of the World Society suddenly questioned.

The female disciple was dressed in white, with a fair amount of grace, but her gaze carried a hint of sharpness.

"Why should I help?"

Dustin shrugged, boldly stating, "Elder Declan was attacked, what does that have to do with me? Why should I risk my life to save him?"

"You..."

The white-clad female disciple was taken aback, forcefully retorting, "You clearly turned a blind eye! As someone of the martial world, you have no sense of chivalry. Aren't you afraid of being ridiculed?"

"You are righteous, you possess chivalry, then why didn't you help just now?" Dustin retorted.

He detested those who engaged in moral coercion.

Clearly doing nothing, only adept at verbal arguments, yet quick to stand on a moral high ground to criticize others.

Truly nauseating.

"I was too far away just now. If I could have arrived in time, I definitely wouldn't have stood idly by like you!" The white-clad female disciple argued firmly.

"Oh? Is that so?" Dustin sneered, "Elder Declan's head is still in that guy's belly. You are so brave, so righteous, why not help Elder Declan retrieve his head and make a complete corpse? How about that?"

"What did you say?" The white-clad female disciple's expression changed.

"What? Didn't hear me clearly? Then let me repeat it."

Dustin pointed at Steelclaw lying on the ground, saying, "This guy ate Elder Declan's head. As a disciple of the World Society, helping your own elder retrieve his head to complete a corpse shouldn't be too much, right?"

Isn't this just moral coercion? I can do it too!

"I..."

The white-clad woman froze, both fearful and hesitant, not daring to approach.

One, feeling disgusted, and two, afraid that Steelclaw might suddenly wake up.

After all, she had just witnessed how ferocious it could be.

This thing could even kill Declan. What if it suddenly woke up from a shock and slaughtered her?

"What? Afraid now? As someone of the martial world, as a disciple of the World Society, can't you even handle such a trivial matter?" Dustin sarcastically remarked.

"Who... who said I'm afraid? Isn't it just digging up a head? What's so great about it!"

Provoked by Dustin's sarcasm, the white-clad female disciple immediately rose to the challenge.

"You're so courageous, then please."

Dustin extended a hand, gesturing for her to proceed, then stepped aside to watch the show.

Devon's group exchanged glances, unsure of what to do.

As disciples of the World Society, helping Elder Declan complete his corpse was indeed justifiable.

However, Steelclaw was only unconscious, not dead. Attempting to dissect it to retrieve the head was undoubtedly risky.

If they accidentally woke up this monster, the consequences would be unimaginable.

"Grrr..."

The white-clad female disciple swallowed nervously, then, gripping her sword, cautiously approached Steelclaw.

At this moment, Steelclaw was completely naked, motionless, with only its chest rising and falling, breathing heavily.

"Die!"

The white-clad female disciple gritted her teeth, then suddenly thrust her sword towards Steelclaw's chest.

Before retrieving the head, she had to eliminate this potential threat to ensure everything went smoothly.

It's getting a bit more baffling with this ranking in the story. Declan is a GM perfection/Apex level, and his opponent, the transformed Steelclaw, is just an Early Grandmaster. Why in the world is an early GM toying and winning around with a GM on "perfection level"? The only thing that comes to mind is that, perhaps, the beast race is naturally much stronger than humans, making their levels seem a few notches higher.

It's getting a bit more baffling with this ranking in the story. Declan is a GM perfection/Apex level, and his opponent, the transformed Steelclaw, is just an Early Grandmaster. Why in the world is an early GM toying and winning around with a GM on "perfection level"? The only thing that comes to mind is that, perhaps, the beast race is naturally much stronger than humans, making their levels seem a few notches higher.
i think the levels are whatever the writer feels like saying, means so very little and just a thing used for hype

well the other translation i read mention him being the peak of grand master, and the lion guy to be early great grandmaster, so ig the translations are a bit hard to match for english

well the other translation i read mention him being the peak of grand master, and the lion guy to be early great grandmaster, so ig the translations are a bit hard to match for english
I checked that, thanks. it was mentioned him to be
early great grandmaster once, just to be referred to him again as grandmaster a few paragraphs later. Not consistent and may be there is no direct English translations to it. Maybe Lu Dustin can help us when he gets back from all his cultivation. But the early great grandmaster could make sense. Also,if i remember it right somewhere in the desert fighting with the monsters, it was said that they have higher cultivation than human so a gm of beast is a few notch higher than gm of humans... So this is really annoying to be English readers of a Chinese novel.

Here is the thing, the original story was written not in simplified chinese. It was written in minor Chinese dialect that is not google or AI translateable. Someone was translating it to a simplified Chinese, then we are translating it to English. Somewhere along can cause discrepancies. So the best thing to do is to not be so serious about the rankings just like musicapulenta said.

early great grandmaster once, just to be referred to him again as grandmaster a few paragraphs later. Not consistent and may be there is no direct English translations to it. Maybe Lu Dustin can help us when he gets back from all his cultivation. But the early great grandmaster could make sense. Also,if i remember it right somewhere in the desert fighting with the monsters, it was said that they have higher cultivation than human so a gm of beast is a few notch higher than gm of humans... So this is really annoying to be English readers of a Chinese novel.

Here is the thing, the original story was written not in simplified chinese. It was written in minor Chinese dialect that is not google or AI translateable. Someone was translating it to a simplified Chinese, then we are translating it to English. Somewhere along can cause discrepancies. So the best thing to do is to not be so serious about the rankings just like musicapulenta said.
Earlier it is said that when he transformed into the beast he jumped 3 realms in quick succession.

From late master stage. He went through GM early stage, Great GM, and reached Apex GM (Super GM/GM Perfection). So, yeah both of them are in the same realm but the beast mode has higher physical power.

It’s like light weight black belt against heavy weight Black belt. Definitely heavyweight black belt can easily pin down light weight black belt because of physical supremacy!!

Since Dustin could overcome the beast, he must be in ultimate GM realm or even higher going towards immortal realm.

Chapter 2239 - "Sword and Claw: A Tale of Unexpected Resistance"

The white-robed female disciple displayed remarkable intelligence, and her choice was indeed highly commendable.

Opting to avoid awakening the unconscious Steelclaw by initially beheading it was a tactically sound decision, preventing herself from falling into a perilous situation.

However, she overlooked a crucial factor.

That factor was the glaring disparity in their strengths.

A Grandmaster-level expert, especially one possessing formidable physical prowess, is not easily dispatched, even when in a state of unconsciousness.

"Swoosh!"

A slight, crisp sound echoed.

The precise tip of the white-robed female disciple's sword accurately pierced the Steelclaw's chest.

Yet, as the sword tip penetrated merely half an inch, the Steelclaw's self-defense mechanism kicked in, instantly tensing its muscles.

With robust muscles, it forcibly clamped down on the sword, impeding the white-robed disciple's progress.

"Hmm?"

The white-robed disciple furrowed her brow, applying additional force in an attempt to drive the sword forward.

However, despite her efforts, the sword tip remained incapable of advancing further.

What's even more astonishing is that she couldn't even retract the sword, despite her attempts.

At this moment, the Steelclaw's muscles acted like a pair of large iron clamps, firmly gripping her sword and rendering her immobile.

"How can this be?"

The white-robed disciple's expression turned slightly unpleasant.

With so many witnesses present, if she couldn't handle an unconscious opponent, how could she maintain any face as a disciple of the World Society?

"What's the matter? Losing your nerve? Need me to lend a hand?" mocked Dustin.

"Hmph! Spare me with your sarcastic remarks. Elder Declan's grudge is something we, the disciples of World Society, will settle ourselves!"

The white-robed disciple remained defiant.

As she spoke, she grasped the sword hilt with both hands and exerted all her strength, incessantly pressing downward.

The sharp blade finally, albeit slowly, penetrated the Steelclaw's muscular flesh.

A trickle of fresh blood oozed from the wound.

Meanwhile, the unconscious Steelclaw seemed to sense the danger, and its eyelids twitched.

However, the white-robed disciple remained oblivious, pressing her body against the sword and continuing to thrust inward.

Just when the blade had penetrated more than an inch into the Steelclaw's chest, its brows suddenly furrowed, and it abruptly opened its eyes.

The unexpected turn of events startled the white-robed disciple.

Before she could react, the Steelclaw roared in anger, raising a hand and slapping the sword blade.

"Clang!"

The blade snapped instantly.

Yet, the force from the Steelclaw's palm continued to pound onto the white-robed disciple's chest.

"Thud!"

A muffled sound.

The white-robed disciple screamed, propelled backward in mid-air, spewing a mouthful of blood before crashing heavily onto the ground.

For a moment, she couldn't even stand.

At this moment, her complexion was pallid, her expression terrified, and she continuously coughed up blood, clearly sustaining significant injuries.

After all, even an untransformed Steelclaw possessed strength at the Grandmaster level, far beyond what an innate martial artist could withstand.

If it weren't for the Steelclaw's weakened body and depleted Qi, it had already reached its limit.

Chapter 2240 - "Claws, Chaos, and Unexpected Allies"

Just now, that single palm strike could've easily turned the white-robed female disciple into minced meat.

"Ah~!!"

At that moment, the Steelclaw roared in fury once more.

Then, as if it had gone mad, it charged directly at the white-robed female disciple.

Although the Steelclaw's transformation could break through physical limits and significantly boost its strength, it had a major downside.

It was prone to madness.

Especially when severely wounded, with weakened mental resilience, there was a high likelihood that its beastly instincts would override its human side.

At that point, even if it reverted to human form, its behavior would resemble that of a wild animal.

Clearly, the current Steelclaw had succumbed to its animalistic instincts, instinctively lunging towards the white-robed disciple who had just attacked it.

"Elder Devon! Help me!"

Seeing the situation turning dire, the white-robed female disciple immediately cried out for assistance.

The Steelclaw's earlier palm strike had already injured her internal organs, leaving her unable to move, completely defenseless.

"Don't get cocky!"

After a brief moment of hesitation, Elder Devon sprang into action.

With a swift step, he flashed in front of the white-robed disciple, then delivered a fierce palm strike towards the charging Steelclaw.

The Steelclaw didn't dodge or evade, continuing its charge. While enduring Devon's strike, it also left several bloody scratches on his body with its claws.

"Boom!"

A dull thud.

Devon's strike sent the frenzied Steelclaw flying over ten meters away.

Meanwhile, Devon was forced to retreat two steps, feeling secretly alarmed.

Although he had the upper hand, he had nearly been disemboweled just now.

He hadn't expected the Steelclaw's claw strength to be so formidable, effortlessly breaking through his defense.

It should be noted that the current Steelclaw was extremely weak, far from its state after transformation.

Even so, the Steelclaw could pose a threat to him, demonstrating the opponent's formidable strength.

"Ah~!!"

Driven back, the Steelclaw disregarded everything and continued to roar as it charged forward.

However, this time, its target shifted from the white-robed female disciple to Devon.

Its beastly instinct told it that Devon posed a greater threat.

"How dare you!"

"Bold!"

At this moment, the people from Dragon Tiger Mountain finally acted.

Two disciples clad in green Daoist robes suddenly leaped out from the crowd, then attacked the Steelclaw from both sides.

These two were around thirty years old, with ordinary appearances, but their strength was exceptionally outstanding, both of them being Grandmaster-level experts.

Individually, they were not inferior to Devon. Working together, they were unstoppable.

"Ah~!!"

The Steelclaw roared in anger, its claws like knives, fiercely clawing towards the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples.

The two disciples didn't dodge or evade, instead, their bodies suddenly emitted a layer of golden light, forcefully blocking the Steelclaw's attacks.

Then, they seized the Steelclaw's left and right shoulders in unison, twisting and pulling.

"Crack! Crack!"

Two crisp sounds rang out as the Steelclaw's arms were instantly dislocated, hanging limply at its sides.

Earlier it is said that when he transformed into the beast he jumped 3 realms in quick succession.

From late master stage. He went through GM early stage, Great GM, and reached Apex GM (Super GM/GM Perfection). So, yeah both of them are in the same realm but the beast mode has higher physical power.

It’s like light weight black belt against heavy weight Black belt. Definitely heavyweight black belt can easily pin down light weight black belt because of physical supremacy!!

Since Dustin could overcome the beast, he must be in ultimate GM realm or even higher going towards immortal realm.
Thank you, SG Lu. So, to keep it consistent with the context, let me manually edit the transformed Steelclaw's rank to early Supreme GM. It doesn't matter anyway that he is now back to human form which is 3 steps down.

Thats why I'm glad that you're there IGM .. We appreciate your efforts digging up some stuff being able to make things easiier for us and jusst enjoy the novel...

Chapter 2241 - "The Clash of Claws: Steel vs. Golden Light"

The actions of the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples were swift. In the blink of an eye, they dislocated Steelclaw's arms, rendering it instantly devoid of attack power.

However, Steelclaw didn't relent. Despite its dislocated arms rendering it immobile, it still roared and lunged toward one of the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples with its mouth wide open.

The disciple stood firm, once again enveloped in a layer of golden light.

"Bang!"

Accompanied by a crisp impact.

Steelclaw's head collided with the golden light, sending it staggering back several meters.

Its facial features blurred, teeth knocked loose, its head spinning dizzily.

"What was that layer of golden light just now? It looked quite formidable." Ruby's beautiful eyes widened, showing some astonishment.

She was well aware of Steelclaw's strength. Even without transformation, even when weakened and depleted of Qi, it could still repel formidable opponents like Elder Devon.

However, just now, Steelclaw's two attacks were both blocked by the golden light emanating from the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples. Not only did it fail to cause any harm, but it also ended up injuring itself.

From this, it was evident that the layer of golden light was extraordinary.

"The golden light that flashed on their bodies is one of the Eight Great Divine Curses of the Daoist Sects (Taoism), known as the Golden Light Curse," explained Emerald. "The origin of heaven and earth, the root of all energy; the body radiates golden light, reflecting upon oneself; terrifying demons and spirits lose their courage, evil beings lose their forms; with thunderous power within, the name of the Thunder God concealed."

The Golden Light Curse is an extremely powerful defensive technique. Although it's exceptionally difficult to cultivate, once mastered, it renders the practitioner invulnerable to blades and spears, impervious to water and fire.

Judging from the strength of these two fellow Daoists, they should have already reached the pinnacle of mastery in the Golden Light Curse. Even Grandmaster-level experts would find it impossible to breach their defense."

Upon hearing this, Ruby couldn't help but blink. "So powerful? Does that mean they're invincible in combat?"

"Young Junior Sister, who in their right mind would pick a fight with the disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain if they have nothing better to do?" Ulysses shook his head.

Even the three strongest sects in the world dared not provoke Dragon Tiger Mountain.

To be precise, Dragon Tiger Mountain stood above both the martial world and the scholarly world, transcending all, untouchable.

On one hand, this was due to the abundance of talents in Dragon Tiger Mountain and its profound heritage. On the other hand, it was because of the presence of the Old Heavenly Grandmaster, Phantom Richards.

As the acknowledged foremost figure in the world, Phantom Richards' prestige and influence remained unmatched to this day.

Some seniors in the martial world once speculated that even if the nine greatest experts listed on the World-shaking List were combined, they still wouldn't be a match for Phantom Richards.

That Old Heavenly Grandmaster was a figure who could contend with nations!

"Ah~!"

Steelclaw, having regained its senses, showed no intention of backing down, continuing to roar and charge at the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples.

Its mind had descended into madness.

"Ignorant and stubborn!"

The expressions of the two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples darkened, preparing to strike ruthlessly, when a lazy voice suddenly rang out.

"This fellow still has some use. Don't harm him."

As the voice sounded, a young Taoist with tattered clothes and a handsome face suddenly descended from the sky, landing lightly beside the two disciples.

The young Taoist held a toothpick in his mouth, his eyes slightly squinted, looking as though he hadn't yet fully woken up.

"Greetings, Young Master!"

The two Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples immediately bowed respectfully, showing great reverence.

Chapter 2242 - "Mystical Mastery: The Power of Richards' Lineage"

"Alright, you two, step back. I'll handle this guy," the young Taoist lazily waved his hand.

"Yes, sir!"

The two disciples from Dragon Tiger Mountain promptly complied and retreated to the side.

"Where did this young Taoist come from? Can he really handle this?" Ruby was somewhat skeptical.

After all, even though Steelclaw was currently weakened, it was still a Grandmaster-level powerhouse, far beyond the capabilities of ordinary disciples.

"Don't worry, with him around, that crazed killer won't stir up much trouble," Kieran observed intently, soon flashing a smile.

"Oh? Does Brother Kieran know this young Taoist?" Ulysses was curious.

"If I'm not mistaken, he should be Spencer Richards' son, Troy Richards, the heir to the Heavenly Grandmaster," Kieran stated.

"Troy Richards?"

Ulysses and Ruby exchanged a glance, both looking somewhat puzzled.

Clearly, they had never heard this name before.

"Dragon Tiger Mountain's people have always been low-key. It's not surprising that you two don't know about Troy Richards," Kieran chuckled, then continued, "But I can assure you, this guy is exceptionally talented, his Taoist skills are extraordinary, deeply inheriting the Heavenly Grandmaster's teachings. Although he hasn't made it onto the Whiz List, I believe his true strength surpasses even the eighth-ranked Elvin "The Raging Fist" Carr on the list!"

At this revelation, the expressions of those around him changed.

Surpassing Elvin "The Raging Fist" Carr? That was quite intimidating.

"Brother Kieran, are you joking? This young Taoist looks so young; can he really be that powerful?" Ruby remained skeptical.

Looking at Troy Richards, who appeared to be only seventeen or eighteen years old, even younger than her, how could he possibly rival the experts on the Whiz List?

"Believe it or not, you'll find out soon enough," Kieran replied nonchalantly, without elaborating further.

At this moment, the raging Steelclaw had already charged in front of Troy Richards.

A fierce look as if it were about to devour someone.

However, Troy Richards seemed indifferent, yawning lazily as he casually tossed out a yellow talisman.

"Mountain Breaker."

The yellow talisman suddenly emitted a soft light.

At the same time, a giant "mountain" image flashed in the air.

Following that, as if endowed with spirituality, the talisman plummeted from the sky and accurately adhered to Steelclaw's back.

"Boom!"

A deafening sound.

The charging Steelclaw was directly crushed to the ground by the talisman, creating a human-shaped pit.

The spectacle seemed as if the talisman wasn't just a piece of paper but a massive mountain pressing down on Steelclaw!

"Ah~!!"

In the pit, Steelclaw continued to roar incessantly, its expression unusually fierce.

However, apart from its head, which could still move slightly, its body was completely immobilized by the talisman, unable to even wiggle its fingers.

"Soul Binding."

Troy Richards flicked out another blue talisman, sticking it to Steelclaw's forehead.

The next moment, Steelclaw's roars abruptly ceased.

Its expression froze completely, even its fierce gaze turned hollow, as if its soul had been sucked away.

Throughout the entire process, Troy Richards maintained a tired demeanor, unable to muster the slightest bit of energy.

Witnessing this scene, everyone couldn't help but feel a chill run down their spines.

Was this the method of the Dragon Tiger Mountain disciples? Truly unimaginable!

Last edited:
His name's Phantom Richards.