An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
By watching all this drama, Dustin remembered his old days..when he was a teenager who likes to teach a lesson to scoundrels in the same way but more brutally.🤣
Please enlighten, it's been more than 10 years ago that Dustin was a teenager & my memory fading too quickly that I don't remember that part of the story 🤕

I seem to recall that Dustin is around 25 which means that he was a teenager merely 6 years before the present day action…
And already divorced 😅

Last edited:
Please enlighten, it's been more than 10 years ago that Dustin was a teenager & my memory fading too quickly that I don't remember that part of the story 🤕
Guys have you forgotten that part of the story when Dustin teaches the lesson to many rich brats before he was separated from his mother. 🐥🐥

Chapter 2267 - "Dawn of Decisive Battles"

"After the fight, we're done for the day, Fifth Uncle, I'll leave this place to you," said Troy as he yawned and swayed away, having driven off the people from the Frostfire Monastery.

With his lazy and tired appearance, one might think he hadn't slept for days.

"Dear fellow martial artists, let me reiterate once more, since you've come to Dragon Tiger Mountain, please abide by the rules of Dragon Tiger Mountain," Jeremy, looking around, declared loudly, "Whatever grudges or grievances you may have, settle them on the arena or privately after the match. If anyone dares to cause trouble openly, we at Dragon Tiger Mountain will not turn a blind eye."

"Master Jeremy is absolutely right. Whoever dares to break the rules, I won't stand for it!" Says one person in the crowd.

"That's right! Disrespecting Dragon Tiger Mountain is disrespecting me. I'll stand here today, let's see who dares to cause trouble!" Says another.

"In my opinion, the people from the Frostfire Monastery deserve a beating. They deserve whatever they get!"

The crowd chimed in with their opinions, expressing their support for Dragon Tiger Mountain.

Anyone who dared to violate the rules of Dragon Tiger Mountain would be their enemy.

Though they were just pretty words, at least the momentum was there.

"Thank you all for your support," Jeremy bowed with clasped hands before continuing, "Now that the time has come, the first day of the competition is about to begin. Let me briefly announce the rules.

The purpose of this martial arts competition is for friendly competition, to push each other to our limits.

If one party falls off the stage or admits defeat, the other party must stop attacking. Any violation will result in immediate disqualification.

Furthermore, there are no restrictions on weapons or martial arts in this competition. You're free to use whatever you want, but malicious killing is prohibited. If the situation goes awry, the referee has the right to terminate the match.

Lastly, I hope everyone can forge friendships through martial arts and progress together."

As soon as these words were spoken, the applause thundered through the venue.

Whether anyone actually paid attention to the rules of the competition was uncertain, but applause was appropriate.

"Today is the competition for Group C contestants. Those who are called out by their numbers, please proceed to the corresponding stage for your match. Absence or lateness will be considered forfeit, and the other contestant will directly advance to the next round."

"All right, that's all I have to say. Now, let the competition begin!"

With few words, Jeremy briefly explained the rules and then announced the start of the competition.

Soon, the whole venue became lively.

Due to the large number of participants, Dragon Tiger Mountain had prepared eight stages in total, with eight matches happening simultaneously.

On each stage, there was a Daoist from Dragon Tiger Mountain acting as a referee.

As the calls rang out, people began to ascend the stages for their decisive battles.

The first three days were reserved for Group C contestants. Though comparatively weaker than Groups B and A, the Group C contestants were still carefully selected elites.

Because anyone who could sign up for the competition had the strength of lifting thousands of pounds.

And to reach this level, besides those with exceptional talent, only those at the innate level of martial arts could achieve it.

In other words, most of the Group C contestants were innate martial artists, with representatives from various stages.

Chapter 2268 - "Betting on Brilliance: High Stakes"

In the realm of major sects, being a primary martial artist is already considered elite. If you're in a smaller sect, you'd be deemed a genius disciple worthy of special attention.

So, even matches involving Group C participants are worth paying close attention to.

Who knows, there might be some extraordinary individuals among them.

Actually, the reason why major sects are so proactive is twofold: on one hand, they use martial arts competitions to promote their reputation, and on the other hand, they scout for talented disciples.

And the martial arts competition held at Dragon Tiger Mountain is undoubtedly the best platform for this.

The world's top martial arts geniuses will all gather here to determine the ultimate victor.

If one is fortunate enough to recruit one or two of them, it would undoubtedly be a great boon for the sect.

"Everyone, isn't just watching the matches a bit boring? How about we place some bets?" Abigail suddenly interjected.

"Bets? What kind of bets?" Ruby quickly became interested.

"It's simple. We'll bet on who wins and who loses. I'll be the banker, and you all can be the players."

Abigail enthusiastically explained, "There are a total of eight arenas here. I'll divide them into eight pots. Before the matches start, you can bet as you please. If you win, I'll pay you double. How about that?"

"Sounds interesting! Shall we join in?" Ruby looked excitedly at the people around her.

"Since we have nothing else to do, why not gamble a bit?" Kieran nodded with a smile.

"Count me in!" Ulysses raised his hand and said with a smile, "I may not be good at anything else, but my judgment is never wrong. Just follow my lead!"

"What are the stakes?" Emerald asked curiously.

"Gold, silver, jewelry, martial arts manuals, divine weapons... anything valuable is acceptable. I won't refuse anything!" Abigail smiled.

"That's great!" Ruby grinned, "Looks like you're going to lose big today, Abigail."

"As long as you dare to bet, I dare to pay. After all, my Mystic Arts Order has plenty of treasures." Abigail didn't care at all.

With these words, everyone's excitement soared.

The Mystic Arts Order was rich and powerful, second only to the World Society. As the Grand Sorceress of the Mystic Arts Order, Abigail must have collected many treasures.

For them, this was an opportunity to win big with little risk.

After everyone agreed, Abigail immediately ordered her subordinates to start preparing.

First, they brought out eight bowls and lined them up in a row. Each bowl was labeled with a number from 1 to 8, representing the eight arenas.

Then, they prepared some pieces of paper for use.

The bettors would write down the number of the participant they favored on the paper and then toss it into the corresponding bowl.

And thus, a gambling pot was officially set up.

"Come on, the matches are about to begin. Get ready to place your bets, and may luck be on your side!"

With everything prepared, Abigail immediately started calling out.

The attention of many martial artists around was drawn to them.

Opening a gambling house on Dragon Tiger Mountain was indeed something quite out of the ordinary.

Chapter 2269 - "Risks and Riches: The Gamble Begins"

Abigail's call attracted the attention of many people.

Some martial artists who enjoyed gambling became particularly excited, itching to join in.

However, due to Abigail's identity as the Grand Sorceress of the Mystic Arts Order, no one dared to approach for the time being.

"Everyone, allow me to set an example!"

Seeing that everything was ready, Ulysses didn't hesitate. He took out a jade pendant and placed it on the table as his bet.

"I'm betting on participant number 28 on Arena Three. I know this person; he's a disciple of the popular sect with considerable strength and a high chance of winning."

Ulysses explained as he picked up a piece of paper, wrote down the number 28, and tossed it into Bowl Three.

To ensure fairness, the participants were randomly paired with opponents, rather than following a predetermined order.

Whoever the referee called would have to step onto the stage. If they were absent or late, they would forfeit their qualification.

"My senior brother is betting on number 28, and I'll join in!"

Ruby took out a bottle of elixir from her pocket and placed it on the table. "This is a Blood-Replenishing Elixir. It has miraculous effects on treating internal and external injuries."

"Great, no problem at all. You can bet anything valuable," Abigail said with a smile.

As the banker, she wasn't afraid of losing money; she was afraid of no one betting.

The more people bet, the more she would earn.

"I'll join in too."

Kieran opened a sandalwood box and revealed a dazzling ruby inside. It looked quite valuable.

"I'm betting on participant number 15 on Arena Five."

Kieran wrote down the number on a piece of paper and tossed it into the corresponding bowl.

For him, winning or losing wasn't important; it was just a gesture to give face to the Grand Sorceress of the Mystic Arts Order and add some fun to the proceedings.

Winning would be great, but losing would only cost him a gemstone.

No big deal.

"I don't have anything valuable, only this."

Emerald took out a short sword from her waist and placed it on the table.

The sword was about a foot long, with exquisite carvings on the hilt and embedded with gemstones.

"Sis, this is a sword made of mysterious iron. Are you sure you want to bet with it?" Ruby was somewhat surprised.

"I don't usually use it anyway, so why not try my luck?" Emerald said calmly.

She only needed one long sword; this extra short sword was made from the leftover materials when she forged the long sword and didn't serve much purpose.

"Sis, who are you betting on to win?" Ruby asked curiously.

"Arena One, participant number 6," Emerald answered simply.

"Participant number 6?" Ruby followed her gaze and saw a female martial artist. She asked in confusion, "Sis, why her?"

"Just a feeling," Emerald replied succinctly.

"Oh... " Ruby was momentarily speechless.

This answer was really hard to refute.

"Uncle, would you like to join us?"

Abigail suddenly looked at Dustin and smiled coquettishly, "Since you're so wealthy, losing a bit wouldn't hurt."

"How do you know I'll lose?" Dustin smiled faintly, "I'm afraid I'll make you nervous with my winnings later."

"Then let's bet! Who's afraid of whom?" Abigail raised her chin, looking unconvinced.

Dustin smiled and took out a bottle of elixir from his pocket, placing it on the table. "This is the Gemiphen (Tiger Soul Pill). It can enhance the physique, elevate cultivation, and aid in breakthroughs in realm. I'll use it as my bet against you."

"Gemiphen? Indeed a precious item!" Abigail's eyes lit up, then she asked, "Uncle, who do you plan to bet on?"

Chapter 2270 - "Blade Ballet: Graceful Warfare"

"Like Miss Emerald, the sixth participant on the first arena." Dustin wrote down the number on the paper and casually threw it into the first bowl.

"Alright, good luck to you all!"

Abigail smiled and then raised her voice to shout, "Come on, place your bets, the gambling match is about to begin!"

The surrounding martial artists were eager to try, but not a single one placed a bet; they were all just watching.

Mainly because they weren't sure if the gambling match was real or fake. If they won, would the Grand Sorceress double the compensation?

So, they waited, waiting for Dustin and the others to finally decide their bets.

If there were no issues, then they would consider following suit.

"Okay, the match has started, the gambling is officially closed, everyone awaits the final result quietly." Abigail waved her hand grandly, announcing the end of betting.

Soon, everyone's attention turned back to the arena.

At this moment, eight arenas had already begun their matches simultaneously, and sixteen participants were displaying their skills, engaging in fierce confrontations.

Dustin's focus, however, was on the first arena.

On the first arena stood a man and a woman.

The man wore black clothes, sturdy and muscular, wielding a black iron long staff, practicing the Yaksha Staff Technique.

His moves were fierce and domineering, each strike bringing forth a strong wind, accompanied by the sound of thunder, exceptionally extraordinary.

As for the woman, she wore red clothes, petite in stature, seemingly fragile.

Despite being only one meter and sixty centimeters tall, the weapon she used was a two to three-meter-long guandao (glaive - a long shaft and a large, curved blade mounted at the top).

The guandao was extremely heavy, but in the hands of the woman in red, it seemed as light as a feather. When wielded, it exuded an imposing manner, formidable and awe-inspiring.

The sight of the woman wielding the large blade was visually impactful.

A man and a woman, a staff and a blade, engaging in fierce clashes on the arena.

Each move and technique exchanged was met with a counter, sparks flying, the battle intense.

For a moment, neither could gain an upper hand over the other.

Both wielded long weapons and followed a vigorous path in their fighting style, remarkably similar.

There were no feints in their exchanges, only solid strikes.

Judging from the situation, although the woman in red was petite, her strength was greater, gaining a slight advantage in each collision.

However, the black-clothed man had more experience in combat. In addition to the fierce confrontation, he also employed some tactics.

Especially his staff technique, which had reached a state of perfection.

Every move and technique he executed was versatile, sometimes offensive and sometimes defensive, showcasing his advantages in a refined manner.

As the fight went on, the black-clothed man gradually gained the upper hand.

"Brother Dustin, it seems like the participant you chose isn't doing too well. At this rate, they'll be defeated sooner or later," Ulysses suddenly remarked, his gaze shifting.

"No need to rush. The situation on the battlefield changes in an instant. Until the last moment, no one can predict the outcome," Dustin replied with a faint smile.

To him, a bottle of Gemiphen was worth only a few coins.

"Brother Dustin, you should have followed my bet. Look at the person I chose, victory is already within their grasp. Within ten moves, they can completely defeat their opponent!" Ulysses said confidently.

"Oh? " Dustin glanced at the third arena, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Mr. Ulysses, you'd better not get too excited. The person you chose may not necessarily win."

"Pushed to the edge of the arena?" Dustin smiled faintly. "How can you be sure that it's not the opponent voluntarily retreating, then luring the enemy in?"

Chapter 2271 - "Surprise Strikes: Tactics of the Arena"

"Luring the Enemy In?"

Upon hearing this, Ulysses's heart skipped a beat. He looked towards the third arena, feeling a bit uneasy. "Brother Dustin, are you serious? I've bet on my treasure."

"You bet on contestant number 28, right?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, what's the matter?" Ulysses nodded.

"Contestant number 28 does have good strength, but they're too aggressive. On the surface, it seems like they have the upper hand, pushing their opponent back step by step. But if you observe closely, you'll see that their opponent's steps are steady, their breaths even, without any signs of panic that usually accompany imminent defeat. It's obvious they were prepared in advance. So, I guess they're leading the enemy in, intentionally showing weaknesses to contestant number 28. When contestant number 28 relaxes, they'll strike unexpectedly," Dustin analyzed.

"Is that for real?"

Ulysses was half skeptical, squinting his eyes to examine closely, his expression changing dramatically.

Because he was surprised to find that the situation was exactly as Dustin had described.

Although contestant number 28 was attacking fiercely, they hadn't achieved any substantial results.

Instead, due to their continuous attacks, they had consumed a large amount of stamina, leading to vulnerabilities.

As the saying goes, "A forceful start leads to exhaustion." If they continued like this, contestant number 28 might indeed be defeated.

"Damn it! How did this guy do it? Doesn't he realize it's a trap? Still mindlessly attacking, it's infuriating!"

After seeing through the truth, Ulysses couldn't help but feel anxious.

His personal jade pendant was quite valuable, and it was precisely because he believed that contestant number 28 had a sure win that he bet so decisively.

If he lost, not only would he lose the jade pendant, but he would also lose face.

After all, before placing the bet, he confidently encouraged others to follow suit.

"Senior brother, contestant number 28 won't lose, will he? I bet a bottle of healing potion," Ruby was also quite nervous.

"Hey! Guy from number 28! Don't get carried away! Watch out for the trap!" Ulysses shouted hoarsely.

However, the atmosphere at the scene was too intense, with the sounds of fighting and shouting echoing one after another. His shouts were like a drop in the ocean, failing to make any waves.

"Give up!"

After driving his opponent to the edge of the arena, contestant number 28 suddenly leaped high into the air, then with both hands holding a knife, fiercely chopped down, attempting to end the battle in a magnificent and domineering manner.

However, at this moment, his opponent grinned, suddenly rolled on the ground, flashed behind contestant number 28, and then delivered a powerful palm strike, with the force of thunder.

Contestant number 28's face changed, unable to evade in mid-air, he could only block with his knife.

"Bang!"

A crisp sound rang out.

The palm strike exploded, and the violent shockwave directly knocked contestant number 28 several meters away in the air.

Since the two were fighting on the edge of the arena, when contestant number 28 was forced back by the palm strike and landed, he was already standing outside the arena.

Although he hadn't suffered any injuries, according to the rules, contestant number 28 had lost.

"Friend, I concede!" The victorious man clasped his fists, with a smile on his lips.

"So, you've been pretending all along, you despicable guy!" Contestant number 28 looked furious.

With his strength, he could have won, but he didn't expect to be taken advantage of by his opponent.

"Friend, all's fair in war. In arena duels, brute force isn't always necessary. Sometimes, you need to use your brain," the winning man pointed to his head.

"You—!" Contestant number 28 was choked up, unable to speak.

In the end, the referee announced the result—contestant number 28 had lost.

Chapter 2272 - "Facades and Fortitude: Layers of Battle"

"Damn it! What's up with Number 28? It's obviously a bait to lure the enemy deeper. Can't believe they can't see through such a simple trap. So disappointing!"

Seeing his bet fail, Ulysses cursed under his breath, looking gloomy.

"Senior Brother! Is this the player you were rooting for? Such a letdown, isn't it?" Ruby pouted, clearly displeased.

She thought Ulysses had a broad vision and sharp eyesight, which is why she followed his bet, but she didn't expect this outcome.

"Junior Sister, it's not my fault. Blame it on Number 28 for being so incompetent, causing us to lose everything," Ulysses said with a wry smile.

"Hmph! I'm never betting with you again!" Ruby rolled her eyes.

A bottle of healing potion could fetch a good amount of money on the market. She had hoped to earn some extra cash, but ended up with nothing.

"Well..."

Ulysses looked embarrassed and changed the subject, "Winning or losing is unpredictable. Look at the sixth contestant chosen by Brother Dustin and Sister. Isn't it the same? They're bound to lose too, right?"

"Hmm?"

Ruby looked suspicious, then turned her gaze to the first arena.

At this moment, on the first arena.

A woman in red holding a guandao was still battling fiercely with a man in black holding a steel staff.

Although the woman in red was strong, she lacked speed and technique, gradually falling into a disadvantage.

Occasionally, she would be hit by the man in black's staff.

If it were an ordinary warrior, being hit once would probably knock them down, but the woman in red was an exception.

After enduring about a dozen blows, she seemed unscathed, still full of vigor.

"Do you see that? The woman in red can't hold on any longer. If this continues, she'll soon be defeated," Ulysses continued to explain.

"Really? She seems quite strong," Ruby said skeptically.

"Junior Sister, you don't understand," Ulysses began to show off again, "Don't be fooled by her current vitality. It's just a façade. She has already suffered heavy injuries from those blows. She's just toughing it out for now. As soon as she runs out of breath, she'll immediately lose."

"Is that so?" Ruby squinted.

"You'll see for yourself. Senior Brother wouldn't lie to you," Ulysses said confidently.

Just as the two were talking, the woman in red on the first arena suddenly stopped.

"Wait!"

The woman in red quickly raised her hand, halting the black-clad man who was about to continue attacking.

"What? Are you giving up?"

The man in black stopped swinging his staff, feeling a little relieved.

Admittedly, the woman in front of him was very strong. After the intense battle, he had already exhausted most of his energy.

Although he had the upper hand, fully winning would require some effort.

Of course, if the opponent could surrender on their own, that would be even better.

It would save him some energy to deal with the next match.

"Who said I'm giving up? I'm just feeling a bit hot, so I'm taking off a couple of layers," the woman in red said casually.

As she spoke, she took off her outer coat, revealing the black iron armor underneath.

Quickly undoing the buckles, she lifted the black iron armor and threw it down onto the arena below.

"Boom!"

A loud sound echoed.

The heavy black iron armor directly smashed a pit into the ground.

Seeing this scene, the man in black was stunned.

anyone else reading charlie wade feel like the storys been halted for a while now?
Which chapter you are in now ? I will tell you one thing. Story does not get lost in Charlie Wade novel. If something looks trivial at chapter 2500, then you feel like that part is forgotten or left by the writer. You will see that trivial incident makes sense in chapter 6100. That means, things, events or characters just don’t disappear in this novel.

Which chapter you are in now ? I will tell you one thing. Story does not get lost in Charlie Wade novel. If something looks trivial at chapter 2500, then you feel like that part is forgotten or left by the writer. You will see that trivial incident makes sense in chapter 6100. That means, things, events or characters just don’t disappear in this novel.
i mean iam caught up i think meiqings wedding and all that, feels really slow, also i dont buy it that she had the guy in her head for nearly 3 decades to the point where she wasnt able to even fall for her own husband but now shes able to move on in a few weeks, maybe months,

i mean iam caught up i think meiqings wedding and all that, feels really slow, also i dont buy it that she had the guy in her head for nearly 3 decades to the point where she wasnt able to even fall for her own husband but now shes able to move on in a few weeks, maybe months,
When girls decide, it’s very decisive. Even after separation or divorce, man keeps thinking about his ex but a woman she can just behave as if you don’t exist at all or you were just a causal contact whenever she meets you in the future.

I think Meiqing might have felt that Jacob was honey trapped in the past by Elaine so she still had feelings for him for 3 decades. She even came back for him but once she saw that he could not take steps decisively towards her and still could not break through the shackles of Elaine … she decided to move on. That was the moment she decided to move on definitively and yeah woman can make decisions just like that.

Yeah when it comes to story of Horiyah, old lady Wilson, Elaine, Jacob and Meiqing …I feel the stories have stagnated too.

Usually, I study the story every once a month. So that I have at least 30 chapters to read. (60 chapters to read in English version). I am more interested about recent enlightenments of Nanako. She will inevitably be the Taoist parter doing dual cultivation with Charlie and she will help Charlie understand the higher mental methods and unlock “Niwan Palace” in his brain 🧠. They will together find the secret of immortality too. Even with current capacity of Charlie, both can live for 200 years easily.

Last edited:
i
When girls decide, it’s very decisive. Even after separation or divorce, man keeps thinking about his ex but a woman she can just behave as if you don’t exist at all or you were just a causal contact whenever she meets you in the future.

I think Meiqing might have felt that Jacob was honey trapped in the past by Elaine so she still had feelings for him for 3 decades. She even came back for him but once she saw that he could not take steps decisively towards her and still could not break through the shackles of Elaine … she decided to move on. That was the moment she decided to move on definitively and yeah woman can make decisions just like that.

Yeah when it comes to story of Horiyah, old lady Wilson, Elaine, Jacob and Meiqing …I feel the stories have stagnated too.

Usually, I study the story every once a month. So that I have at least 30 chapters to read. (60 chapters to read in English version). I am more interested about recent enlightenments of Nanako. She will inevitably be the Taoist parter doing dual cultivation with Charlie and she will help Charlie understand the higher mental methods and unlock “Niwan Palace” in his brain 🧠. They will together find the secret of immortality too. Even with current capacity of Charlie, both can live for 200 years easily.
i know right, they keep cutting out from such revelations to random nonsense like steve or meiqing and jacob, just when it seemed like the story was going to progress to the next level, its actually seems to have the opposite problem of this story, the chapters are frequent enough , its just next to nothing seems to be happening

i

i know right, they keep cutting out from such revelations to random nonsense like steve or meiqing and jacob, just when it seemed like the story was going to progress to the next level, its actually seems to have the opposite problem of this story, the chapters are frequent enough , its just next to nothing seems to be happening
I wonder how the 3 Elders of Victoria are nearly 300 yrs old and still alive? Victoria had taken Evergreen Pill so she still looks in her 30s when she is nearly 400 yrs old. But those Elders have never receive evergreen pill.

How come Victoria can keep them alive this long ? Or how can they keep themselves alive ? Is it possible to stay alive just by mental methods alone for such long periods. These elders are still 10-20 yrs far from opening Niwan Palace. What have they done to stay alive this long?

Chapter 2273 - "Heavy Lessons: The Weight of Discipline"

In a flash, not only the man in black, but also anyone watching the match in the number one ring was stunned.

No one expected the woman in red to be wearing such heavy armor.

Black iron armor, weighing thousands of pounds, is usually worn for weight training.

Ordinary innate martial artists would struggle to wear it for more than ten minutes.

Even the more skilled ones could only wear it for a few hours at most.

But this woman was wearing black iron armor as if it were a dress and even stepped into the ring to fight.

Wasn't she just asking for trouble?

"You... You were wearing this when you fought me?"

The man in black pointed at the black iron armor on the ground, his expression indescribable.

"Yes, is there a problem?"

The woman in red twisted her neck and hips, slowly moving her body, which had become noticeably lighter.

As expected, taking off the armor made her feel much better.

"How long have you been wearing this thing?" The man in black couldn't help but ask again.

"I wear it every day."

The woman in red replied seriously, "My master said that I had to wear it all the time, even when I sleep, unless I was in danger. I've been doing it for several years, but it wasn't as heavy at first."

"Erm..." The man in black's mouth twitched, and he was speechless for a moment.

Wearing this thing every day for several years, was that even humanly possible?

"I didn't want to take it off, but I realized that you were too fast. I couldn't keep up, so I took it off to give it a try."

After warming up, the woman in red raised her two to three-meter-long guandao again, her fighting spirit high. "Come on, let's fight another three hundred rounds!"

The man in black took a deep breath and forcibly suppressed the uneasiness in his heart.

Although his opponent was formidable, he had no choice but to fight. He couldn't back down now.

"Come on! Let's fight another three hundred rounds!"

The man in black raised his black iron staff and assumed an attacking stance again.

"Be careful, I'm going to strike!"

As soon as the woman in red finished speaking, she stomped her foot and shot out like a bullet.

Her speed was twice as fast as before!

"What?!"

The man in black's pupils constricted. He didn't have time to think and instinctively raised his staff to block.

"Clang!"

There was a loud bang.

The woman in red's guandao heavily struck the man in black's black iron staff.

Sparks flew as a powerful force and true energy erupted instantly.

The man in black was forced to retreat several steps, and his hands began to tremble slightly. The black iron staff also hummed from the impact.

"Such speed! Such strength!"

The man in black was astonished, his face filled with surprise.

He had previously thought that the woman in red's movements were slow and clumsy, so it was easy to deal with her.

Now that she had taken off her black iron armor, her speed had greatly increased, and she had become much more agile.

Moreover, she already had an advantage in strength, and now that her speed had also improved, the threat she posed to him had multiplied.

"Whew!"

Just as the man in black's arm was still numb, the woman in red's guandao struck again.

The man in black didn't dare to confront it head-on. He quickly dodged to the side, and the fierce guandao almost grazed his shoulder.

The sharp blade tore a hole in his clothes.

Chapter 2274 - "Honorable Duel: Respecting the Adversary"

Just a moment earlier, his arm would have been severed.

The woman in red continued her fierce assault, her speed and strength increasing with each strike. Every swing of her blade carried the force of a gale, unstoppable.

The man in black, on the other hand, was forced to retreat constantly, dodging attacks and occasionally blocking. But even a successful block left his arm numb and forced him to take several steps back.

He could only defend, not retaliate.

"Senior Brother, didn't you say the woman in red was going to lose? How come it looks like she's getting stronger and stronger, like she's about to win?"

Outside the arena, Ruby watched the two combatants in astonishment.

Earlier, the man in black had the advantage, but after the woman in red removed a piece of clothing, she began to dominate the fight.

Her attacks were relentless.

"This..."

Ulysses's smile froze, and his expression became slightly awkward.

He hadn't expected the woman in red to be wearing a suit of black iron armor.

Now that the armor was removed, her strength had increased significantly.

Truly, man proposes, but fate disposes!

"Brother Dustin, did you know that the woman in red was wearing black iron armor?" Ulysses asked Dustin suddenly.

"Not really," Dustin explained with a smile. "I just thought that the woman in red was small but wielding a guandao, so she must have some extraordinary talent. After all, ordinary women wouldn't be able to use such a weapon."

"Yes! Why didn't I think of that?" Ulysses suddenly realized.

When something unusual happens, there must be a reason. A small woman using a heavy weapon was either a sign of extraordinary talent or great strength.

Such a person would naturally be more powerful than an ordinary warrior.

"Look! The winner of the first arena is about to be decided!"

At this moment, Ruby suddenly raised her voice.

The others around her looked in the direction she indicated.

On the first arena, the woman in red had forced the man in black to the edge.

The man in black was panting heavily, sweat dripping down his face. He was clearly at his limit.

In contrast, the woman in red was still full of energy, her attacks fierce.

"Clang!"

As the woman in red struck her final blow, the black iron staff in the man's hand was sent flying. He staggered backward, one foot hanging over the edge of the arena, barely keeping his balance.

At this point, the man in black was unarmed. If the woman in red attacked again, she would easily win.

However, at this critical moment, the woman in red suddenly stopped. She lowered the guandao that she had raised in the air.

"You spared me once, so I'll return the favor. Let's fight again."

As the woman in red spoke, she kicked the black iron staff on the ground.

The staff shot up and landed precisely in the man's hand.

To give her opponent enough space, the woman in red even stepped back a few meters to show her fairness.

This move earned the admiration of many.

Although it was said that friendship came first and competition second, few people could actually do it.

With victory in sight, who would give their opponent a chance to turn the tables?

The man in black looked at the woman in red, then at the black iron staff in his hand. Finally, he sighed and shook his head. "Forget it. I'm not your match. I forfeit this match."

His opponent had shown him respect, so he wouldn't be unreasonable.

If he couldn't win, he couldn't win. There was no shame in admitting it.

I believe all the characters in Charlie wade are all still present, except from the dead ones. I think the difference between Charlie wade and Dustin is that Charlie has a home. So he always returns home. But Dustin doesn't thereby he is always wandering making important characters seem absent in his life.

Chapter 2273 - "Heavy Lessons: The Weight of Discipline"

In a flash, not only the man in black, but also anyone watching the match in the number one ring was stunned.

No one expected the woman in red to be wearing such heavy armor.

Black iron armor, weighing thousands of pounds, is usually worn for weight training.

Ordinary innate martial artists would struggle to wear it for more than ten minutes.

Even the more skilled ones could only wear it for a few hours at most.

But this woman was wearing black iron armor as if it were a dress and even stepped into the ring to fight.

Wasn't she just asking for trouble?

"You... You were wearing this when you fought me?"

The man in black pointed at the black iron armor on the ground, his expression indescribable.

"Yes, is there a problem?"

The woman in red twisted her neck and hips, slowly moving her body, which had become noticeably lighter.

As expected, taking off the armor made her feel much better.

"How long have you been wearing this thing?" The man in black couldn't help but ask again.

"I wear it every day."

The woman in red replied seriously, "My master said that I had to wear it all the time, even when I sleep, unless I was in danger. I've been doing it for several years, but it wasn't as heavy at first."

"Erm..." The man in black's mouth twitched, and he was speechless for a moment.

Wearing this thing every day for several years, was that even humanly possible?

"I didn't want to take it off, but I realized that you were too fast. I couldn't keep up, so I took it off to give it a try."

After warming up, the woman in red raised her two to three-meter-long guandao again, her fighting spirit high. "Come on, let's fight another three hundred rounds!"

The man in black took a deep breath and forcibly suppressed the uneasiness in his heart.

Although his opponent was formidable, he had no choice but to fight. He couldn't back down now.

"Come on! Let's fight another three hundred rounds!"

The man in black raised his black iron staff and assumed an attacking stance again.

"Be careful, I'm going to strike!"

As soon as the woman in red finished speaking, she stomped her foot and shot out like a bullet.

Her speed was twice as fast as before!

"What?!"

The man in black's pupils constricted. He didn't have time to think and instinctively raised his staff to block.

"Clang!"

There was a loud bang.

The woman in red's guandao heavily struck the man in black's black iron staff.

Sparks flew as a powerful force and true energy erupted instantly.

The man in black was forced to retreat several steps, and his hands began to tremble slightly. The black iron staff also hummed from the impact.

"Such speed! Such strength!"

The man in black was astonished, his face filled with surprise.

He had previously thought that the woman in red's movements were slow and clumsy, so it was easy to deal with her.

Now that she had taken off her black iron armor, her speed had greatly increased, and she had become much more agile.

Moreover, she already had an advantage in strength, and now that her speed had also improved, the threat she posed to him had multiplied.

"Whew!"

Just as the man in black's arm was still numb, the woman in red's guandao struck again.

The man in black didn't dare to confront it head-on. He quickly dodged to the side, and the fierce guandao almost grazed his shoulder.

The sharp blade tore a hole in his clothes.

Chapter 2274 - "Honorable Duel: Respecting the Adversary"

Just a moment earlier, his arm would have been severed.

The woman in red continued her fierce assault, her speed and strength increasing with each strike. Every swing of her blade carried the force of a gale, unstoppable.

The man in black, on the other hand, was forced to retreat constantly, dodging attacks and occasionally blocking. But even a successful block left his arm numb and forced him to take several steps back.

He could only defend, not retaliate.

"Senior Brother, didn't you say the woman in red was going to lose? How come it looks like she's getting stronger and stronger, like she's about to win?"

Outside the arena, Ruby watched the two combatants in astonishment.

Earlier, the man in black had the advantage, but after the woman in red removed a piece of clothing, she began to dominate the fight.

Her attacks were relentless.

"This..."

Ulysses's smile froze, and his expression became slightly awkward.

He hadn't expected the woman in red to be wearing a suit of black iron armor.

Now that the armor was removed, her strength had increased significantly.

Truly, man proposes, but fate disposes!

"Brother Dustin, did you know that the woman in red was wearing black iron armor?" Ulysses asked Dustin suddenly.

"Not really," Dustin explained with a smile. "I just thought that the woman in red was small but wielding a guandao, so she must have some extraordinary talent. After all, ordinary women wouldn't be able to use such a weapon."

"Yes! Why didn't I think of that?" Ulysses suddenly realized.

When something unusual happens, there must be a reason. A small woman using a heavy weapon was either a sign of extraordinary talent or great strength.

Such a person would naturally be more powerful than an ordinary warrior.

"Look! The winner of the first arena is about to be decided!"

At this moment, Ruby suddenly raised her voice.

The others around her looked in the direction she indicated.

On the first arena, the woman in red had forced the man in black to the edge.

The man in black was panting heavily, sweat dripping down his face. He was clearly at his limit.

In contrast, the woman in red was still full of energy, her attacks fierce.

"Clang!"

As the woman in red struck her final blow, the black iron staff in the man's hand was sent flying. He staggered backward, one foot hanging over the edge of the arena, barely keeping his balance.

At this point, the man in black was unarmed. If the woman in red attacked again, she would easily win.

However, at this critical moment, the woman in red suddenly stopped. She lowered the guandao that she had raised in the air.

"You spared me once, so I'll return the favor. Let's fight again."

As the woman in red spoke, she kicked the black iron staff on the ground.

The staff shot up and landed precisely in the man's hand.

To give her opponent enough space, the woman in red even stepped back a few meters to show her fairness.

This move earned the admiration of many.

Although it was said that friendship came first and competition second, few people could actually do it.

With victory in sight, who would give their opponent a chance to turn the tables?

The man in black looked at the woman in red, then at the black iron staff in his hand. Finally, he sighed and shook his head. "Forget it. I'm not your match. I forfeit this match."

His opponent had shown him respect, so he wouldn't be unreasonable.

If he couldn't win, he couldn't win. There was no shame in admitting it.
Maximum respect for the Man in black and Woman in red.
Competition engrained with humanity and knowing when to let go.

Chapter 2275 - Crystals of Hope

In the end, the first ring ended with the woman in red winning.

"Brother Dustin, your foresight is really good. You got it right in the first round. I'm envious."

In the audience, Ulysses couldn't help but sigh.

"Just luck." Dustin smiled faintly.

He had placed a bet purely for fun, and didn't care about winning or losing.

"Luck is also a kind of strength. I just lack a bit of luck. If contestant 28 had been more careful and not underestimated his opponent, he would have probably won by now." Ulysses shook his head and sighed, full of regret.

"Senior brother, it's not that you don't have luck. It's that you have a problem with your judgment."

Ruby rolled her eyes and couldn't help but complain, "You said that number 28 would win, and I bet with you. In the end, number 28 lost. You said that contestant number 6 would lose, and in the end, contestant number 6 won. You could say that you were unlucky once, but if you're wrong twice in a row, then it just means that you can't judge people well."

"This..." Ulysses's face stiffened, and he felt a little embarrassed. "Junior sister, everyone makes mistakes. These two rounds were purely accidents. But don't worry, I will definitely win the next one. If you bet with me, I guarantee that there will be no problem!"

"Really?" Ruby was a little suspicious.

"Of course! I guarantee it with my personality!" Ulysses patted his chest, still confident.

"Alright, then I'll believe you one more time." Ruby nodded.

Seeing this, Dustin just smiled and said nothing.

Soon, the eight rings had all decided the winners. In addition to the number 6 that Dustin and Emerald had bet on, the number 15 contestant that Kieran had chosen had also won.

Out of the five people, three of them had won their bets, which was considered a good start.

"Not bad, not bad. Congratulations to the three of you for winning."

Abigail smiled and clapped her hands, then gestured to a Mystic Arts Order guardian behind her.

The guardian immediately understood, and then moved a square sandalwood box to the table.

Abigail opened the sandalwood box, which was filled with a box of white crystals.

These crystals were only the size of a fingernail, and they were surrounded by clouds and mist. Under the sunlight, they emitted a brilliant light.

"My goodness! Are these all spirit stones?!"

Ulysses's eyes widened when he saw them, his face full of surprise and joy.

"That's right, these are all spirit stones that our Mystic Arts Order has refined. The spiritual energy they contain is very strong, and you can directly absorb them to cultivate, which can quickly increase your cultivation." Abigail explained.

As soon as she said this, the spirits of the others were instantly lifted.

Spirit stones were very rare in the martial world. Usually, only disciples of large sects would receive spirit stones as a reward after making a contribution. Ordinary martial artists would never come into contact with such a treasure.

The greatest use of spirit stones was that the spiritual energy inside them was very pure, and it didn't need to be refined. It could be absorbed directly.

Normally, martial artists cultivated their inner strength by slowly absorbing spiritual energy from heaven and earth, and then using their cultivation techniques to circulate it through their meridians, bit by bit, turning it into something they could use.

This process was very slow, first because the spiritual qi in the world is very thin, and second because the spiritual energy absorbed into the body still needed to be repeatedly refined and polished. Only a very small part of it could actually be integrated into the dantian.

Therefore, for martial artists to improve their realm, it was a process of accumulation over time.

However, with spirit stones, it was completely different.

The spiritual energy in spirit stones was not only strong, but also pure, and it could quickly merge with the dantian.

Chapter 2276 - The Currency of Martial Arts

With enough spirit stones, one can break through the realms overnight!

Of course, this is only applicable to those below the Grandmaster level.

To reach the Grandmaster level, one needs both quantitative and qualitative improvements.

Regardless, spirit stones are highly attractive to martial artists below the Grandmaster level.

Even Grandmasters would covet these stones. After all, even if they don't use them, they can trade them for other treasures.

In the martial arts world, spirit stones are the most sought-after currency, and can be exchanged for all kinds of valuables.

So, when Ulysses and the others saw the chests full of spirit stones, they couldn't help but get excited.

"I don't have weapons or elixirs on me at the moment, but I do have a few chests of spirit stones. I can estimate the value of your bets and then exchange them for spirit stones. What do you think?" Abigail asked.

"Great! That's fantastic!"

Ulysses's face lit up with joy.

Jewelry is easy to come by, but spirit stones are hard to find. If they could win back spirit stones with their jewelry and weapons, it would be like a windfall.

"I have no objections." Emerald nodded, her anticipation growing.

With her current cultivation level, she indeed needed a large number of spirit stones. Besides, she had already won one round, so she naturally wouldn't refuse.

"The Mystic Arts Order is indeed loaded! Using spirit stones as stakes, that's impressive!" Kieran gave a thumbs-up.

If he had initially participated just for fun, now, he had developed a keen interest.

The more spirit stones, the better.

"Miss Abigail, isn't it a bit of a loss for you to use spirit stones as stakes to exchange for our items?" Ruby asked with some confusion.

"It's fine, as long as everyone has a good time."

Abigail smiled faintly. "Besides, only the winners can exchange for spirit stones. If you lose, you get nothing."

"That's true." Ruby nodded in agreement.

Martial arts competitions are unpredictable. No one can be sure of the outcome until the very end.

Although the spirit stones that Abigail offered were tempting, whether or not they could win them was another matter.

"Young Master Kieran, this ruby of yours is of good quality. How about I give you two spirit stones for it?"

Abigail looked at the ruby that Kieran had placed on the table and quickly offered a price.

"No problem." Kieran nodded.

A gem for two spirit stones, he was making a profit.

"Miss Emerald this black iron short sword is a good treasure. How about three spirit stones?" Abigail turned to Emerald.

"Of course." Emerald nodded.

Although black iron is precious, it can be bought with money. Spirit stones, on the other hand, cannot be bought with just money.

She was satisfied with the exchange of three spirit stones.

"Uncle, your Gemiphen Pill is a high-grade elixir. I'll give you five spirit stones for it." Abigail finally looked at Dustin.

"As you wish." Dustin nodded slightly.

After the negotiations, Abigail began to distribute the spirit stones.

Kieran's ruby was worth two spirit stones, so he won four. Emerald won six, and Dustin won the most, a total of ten.

"Alright, the spirit stones have been distributed. Now, let's begin the second round of gambling."

Abigail looked around and spoke loudly. "All those who are interested can participate. I have plenty of spirit stones. It's up to you if you have the ability to win them!"

As soon as she said that, the crowd around her began to stir.

Chapter 2277 - Hidden Dangers, Hidden Treasures

The warriors around were excited when they heard they could win spirit stones.

If they were curious before, they were now thrilled.

After all, there were very few opportunities to obtain spirit stones, and it was a rare chance to be able to exchange items for them, and even double the chance.

They had no reason to miss out.

Most importantly, Dustin and his two companions had already won spirit stones, which dispelled their last doubts.

So, when Abigail shouted, some of the braver warriors came over.

Although the reputation of the Mystic Arts Order was not very good, the temptation of spirit stones was too great to resist.

Besides, this was Dragon Tiger Mountain, so the people of the Mystic Arts Order would not dare to default on their debts or cause trouble.

"Can we also bet?"

The first to approach were two young men in their early twenties who looked alike and were probably brothers.

They were not contestants, just spectators who had come to watch the excitement.

Now that they had come across such an interesting gamble, they couldn't help but want to try it.

"Of course."

Abigail nodded with a smile, "No matter who it is, as long as you're interested, you can bet. I just don't know what items you'll use as stakes. I don't accept ordinary goods."

The two looked at each other, nodded, and each took out an iron ball the size of a fist from their pockets.

The iron balls were completely black and looked unremarkable at first glance, but those with good eyesight would notice that there were many tiny holes on the surface of the balls, looking like pinholes.

These tiny holes were densely packed, covering the entire iron ball.

"What is this?" Abigail asked curiously.

"This is a special hidden weapon from our Tang Discipline Academy, the Hundred Flowers Killer!"

The man on the left explained, "Don't be fooled by how ordinary this iron ball looks. Once you press the switch and throw it out, the eight hundred and eighty-eight poisonous needles hidden inside the ball will explode instantly, with great power!"

"That's not all!"

The man on the right added, "The poisonous needles in the Hundred Flowers Killer can also break through protective qi. Any warrior below the Grandmaster level will quickly lose their ability to move if they are hit by the poisonous needles!"

"Hundred Flowers Killer?" Abigail raised an eyebrow slightly and smiled, "What a good treasure!"

The Tang Discipline Academy was skilled in making hidden weapons and poisons, and the Hundred Flowers Killer was one of the eight great hidden weapons of the Tang Discipline Academy, with great deterrent power in the arena.

"I wonder how many spirit stones our Hundred Flowers Killer can be exchanged for?" The two asked curiously.

"Although the Hundred Flowers Killer is good, it is a consumable item that will be gone after one use. So, let's say one Hundred Flowers Killer is worth three spirit stones. What do you think?" Abigail said.

"No problem!" The two men were overjoyed.

They had plenty of hidden weapons like this in the Tang Discipline Academy, and it only took a little time to make them.

But spirit stones were very rare treasures, and they were in great need of them, so there was no reason to refuse.

Two Hundred Flowers Killers for six spirit stones. If they won another round, six would become twelve, and they would have made a fortune.

Twelve spirit stones would be enough for one of them to break through.

Chapter 2278 - The House Always Wins

The crowd surged forward, eager to place their bets. A disciple from the Divine Cauldron Sect stepped up, his eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"I wish to wager this Divine Power Pill, concocted by our sect. Consuming it grants a temporary but significant boost in strength. How many spirit stones would it fetch?"

Abigail examined the pill. "A Divine Power Pill? Very well. I'll give you four spirit stones."

"Wonderful! Deal!" the disciple exclaimed, his face beaming.

Divine Power Pills fell between mid-grade and high-grade pills in terms of quality. While they were precious to ordinary martial artists, to the Divine Cauldron Sect, they were nothing special. Exchanging it for four spirit stones was an unexpected windfall.

"I want to bet too! This is our Divine Weapon Sect's Crimson Blood Sword. It's sharper and sturdier than Black Iron Sword, a true treasure!"

"And me! This is our Cloud Sky Sect's secret movement technique. When used, one's body becomes as elusive as a ghost, making it extremely difficult to capture. It can greatly enhance one's combat prowess!"

"How could we, from the Netherworld Island, miss out on such an exciting gamble? This is our island's specialty, the Black Gold Fish. Not only is it delicious, but it also replenishes vitality and essence. It's an exquisite delicacy!"

Inspired by the disciples from the Divine Cauldron Sect and the Divine Weapon Sect, numerous martial artists gathered around, eager to participate.

Abigail welcomed them all. Anyone with a treasure could wager it.

Gambling was a game where the house always won. Most people couldn't resist their desires, and once greed took hold, it became insatiable.

One win led to another, and another, and another. Even if luck was on their side and they won several rounds in a row, they would eventually lose.

And when they lost, they would try to recoup their losses, which only led to them digging themselves deeper into debt.

With the exception of a few lucky individuals, this was the fate of most gamblers.

Despite knowing the odds were stacked against them, people continued to gamble, driven by the hope that they were different, that they were the lucky ones.

Theoretically, as long as Abigail had enough capital, she could fleece over 80% of the gamblers present and make a fortune.

"Uncle, don't just stand there. There are too many people betting. Come and help me out."

Abigail was busy dealing with the gamblers while motioning for Dustin's assistance.

Her protectors were already occupied, some evaluating the treasures, others collecting them. They were short-handed.

"Abi, it seems you came prepared," Dustin said with a wry smile.

He had underestimated Abigail's avarice. Even at a martial arts competition, she wouldn't let an opportunity to make money pass her by.

This gambling den was clearly something she had planned in advance. Otherwise, she wouldn't have brought several chests of spirit stones.

At first, he hadn't thought much of it, but now, seeing so many martial artists taking the bait, he realized what she was up to.

Abigail was about to make a killing!