An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
hate to be the one to break it to you, but it has already been revealed that Dustin is Logan. We are talking about a thousand and more chapters ago.

also people need to understand these stories are not going to be straight forward... The story is not Dustin finds and gets dragon vien within a hundred chapters each time. because if the author did that you be complaining "oh the story is all the same..." I for one am enjoying the variety in the story

and you have to remember is Dustin is an adventurer character (no a loner). meaning everywhere he goes he is going to meet new people. and there is at least 4 other areas/countries he needs to travel to find the other 4 pieces of the dragon vien. get ready for more new characters. hey at least Abigail is back for now...

gud joke baby, or was it bcoz u read too fast 1000 chapters? 😁

I'm really enjoying this betting scheme. Though, from previous chapter. Abigail is good at planning, she's very greedy and smart at making treasures. I remember she once ask Dustin what she'll gain if she join him to achieve his goal one time. Things Adam and Scarlett spanner would do without hesitation lol. Abigail might lose some spirit stones but I'm confident she'll win more treasure than what she loss...

BTW, I'm now bothered about Natasha, her drug business which Dustin is a shareholder of and also her safety as she and Dustin had many enemies... Though, they have friends tho, just bothered enemies might want to retaliate. Also, the faith of the doctor who was once taking care of that guy who knew much secret Dustin needed...

Chapter 2285 - "In Whips We Trust: The Curious Case of Contestant 33"

"Senior Brother, do you think it's reliable to follow that person and bet on contestant number 33?"

In the crowd, Ruby couldn't help but ask quietly.

She was originally going to bet with Ulysses, but Ulysses unexpectedly believed the words of the man in grey and chose to bet on number 33.

Not knowing this person, she naturally didn't trust him much, so even with Ulysses's assurance, she only bet half of the spirit stones to prevent any accidents.

"Sister, you can rest assured, I have carefully studied the number 33 contestant, he is indeed very strong, with a high winning rate, betting on him is no problem," Ulysses confidently said.

He was not one to blindly follow, after listening to the man in grey boast, he observed carefully.

Although the number 33 contestant looked ordinary, anyone who could use a mysterious iron whip was no ordinary person.

Weapons like the whip are extremely difficult to master.

It's not easy to get started, and mastering it requires much more effort than usual.

On the other hand, if one becomes proficient, they can unleash a killing power far beyond ordinary weapons.

Because the whip is flexible, it can be used in various ways, making it hard to defend against.

The number 33 contestant being able to use a mysterious iron whip in the arena indicates he is no pushover, coupled with the man in grey's confidence, he seemed to have something to rely on, so Ulysses chose to believe this time.

Of course, like Ruby, he only bet half of the spirit stones.

This way, even if they bet wrong, they wouldn't lose everything.

"Brother Dustin, which contestant did you bet on this time?" Kieran suddenly looked at Dustin and asked.

"Number 33 contestant," Dustin answered truthfully.

"Me too." Kieran smiled, then looked at Emerald, "And Miss Emerald?"

"The same," Emerald replied succinctly.

"Really? You all bet on the number 33 contestant? Is he really that good?" Ruby was somewhat surprised.

Her attention had been on Ulysses, so she didn't expect her companions to all bet on the number 33 contestant.

"With so many people betting, it shouldn't be wrong. Besides, even if we lose, it won't be just me," Kieran shrugged, looking indifferent.

"Huh? Is that your reason for betting on number 33?" Ruby was speechless for a moment, then turned to her sister, "What about you?"

"My intuition tells me that number 33 will win," Emerald said seriously.

Ruby's mouth twitched, momentarily at a loss for words.

"Brother Dustin, why did you bet on number 33?" Ulysses curiously asked.

"That man in grey seems to have a good eye, so I followed his bet," Dustin explained.

"You went all in?" Ulysses asked further.

"Yeah, all in," Dustin nodded.

"You're really brave!" Ulysses gave a thumbs up.

Although he believed number 33 would win, he didn't have full trust, so he only bet half of the spirit stones. He didn't expect Dustin to be so decisive, putting all his assets on the line.

Time passed slowly.

The battles on the eight platforms were particularly intense, with several contestants already determining the winners and losers.

However, most of the people at the betting table had their eyes on the number 33 contestant.

Because they had all bet on number 33, naturally, they hoped he would win.

It must be said, the number 33 contestant was indeed formidable, wielding the mysterious iron whip in his hand with exceptional flexibility.

Chapter 2286 - "Whips, Wagers, and Warnings: Dustin's Last Advice"

The swinging was powerful and unstoppable, delivering precise strikes.

Despite the opponent's strength, they were forced to retreat continuously, unable to get close.

In just a few minutes, they were whipped over a dozen times, covered in bloodstains.

Gritting their teeth and enduring for another two minutes, the opponent was finally whipped off the platform by contestant number 33.

Witnessing this scene, cheers erupted at the gambling table, with many people jumping up in excitement.

"Hahaha... we won! Contestant number 33 won!"

"Great... this is fantastic! Finally, I bet on the right one!"

"Damn it! Should have bet everything, only won this little, not worth it!"

Contestant number 33's victory brought joy and excitement to most of the gamblers present.

Some felt they had bet too little and were quite regretful.

Especially when they received the spirit stones, it was truly painful.

They could have won more, but being too cautious led to half the spirit stones, which was somewhat disappointing.

"Brother! You're amazing! Saying number 33 would win and it actually happened, you're truly our lucky star!"

"Yes, yes! From now on, I'll bet on whoever brother bets on. Anyone who questions brother, I'll smack them in the face!"

Contestant number 33's victory not only brought profits to most gamblers but also elevated the reputation of the man in grey to its peak.

Surrounded by countless people, he was praised and hailed as a lucky charm.

Predicting success twice in a row was clearly not a coincidence.

It takes real skill to achieve that.

"It's indeed number 33 who won!"

Ruby exclaimed excitedly, "That person is so amazing, isn't he? Just one look and he knows who will win, truly godly!"

"This person is truly extraordinary! Let's follow his bets next, it's definitely right!" Ulysses's eyes sparkled with excitement.

Having only bet half the spirit stones before, he felt somewhat regretful, but now he was ready to go all out!

"That makes sense, this person has broad knowledge and incredibly accurate eyesight, much better than us." Ruby nodded in agreement.

"Just make some spirit stones, don't get greedy. Timely withdrawal is the wise choice in gambling," suddenly spoke Dustin.

"Brother Dustin, you're wrong about this. This is our chance to get rich, we must seize it firmly to make the most of it. Once we miss it, we'll regret it for life!" Ulysses enthusiastically expressed.

"That's right! It's not easy to earn spirit stones, only fools would stop now," Ruby chimed in.

Clearly, the two of them were getting carried away.

Winning two rounds in a row had boosted their confidence to the max, combined with the temptation of high profits, they naturally wouldn't give up.

As the saying goes, opportunity knocks but once.

If you miss this chance, you won't get it back.

Facing the stubbornness of the two, Dustin simply shook his head and didn't say much.

He had already given all the reminders needed, and as for the outcome, he had no control over it.

The only thing certain was that if they continued to gamble, they would definitely lose everything.

I think, this tournament is going to be the longest part in Dustin’s story. Tournament story started from Chapter 2046 and after 240 chapters we are still in group C competetion.

It took us 4 months to reach here from Dec-April. In the story it seems like less than a week has passed.

Even the registration process for tournament took more than 3 weeks which was one day event !

Why is Gabrielle not back yet ? She said she would be back before the tournament ???

Attachments

• IMG_8452.jpeg
    IMG_8452.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 18
Chapter 2287 - "Risky Business: All Bets on Number 95"

After the end of the third round of matches, the fourth round quickly arrived.

The crowd around Abigail grew larger and larger, with some martial artists who were previously just watching the excitement now joining in.

On one hand, they were there for the fun, on the other hand, they were envious.

Because too many people had earned spirit stones, the number of martial artists participating in the gambling naturally increased as word spread.

Abigail's first box of spirit stones had already been completely used up, and the second and third boxes of spirit stones were also brought out one after another.

Looking at the full boxes of spirit stones, the surrounding martial artists' eyes were shining with excitement.

Human desires are insatiable. Even though some people had already won a lot of spirit stones, they still wanted more.

Treasures like these that can directly enhance one's strength are undoubtedly a huge temptation for them.

"Brother, how about it, have you seen clearly? Who are you betting on this time?"

As the contestants took to the stage one by one, all the gamblers' eyes were focused on the man in grey clothes.

After the two previous matches, they had great trust in the man in grey clothes and now regarded him as a god of wealth.

As long as the man in grey clothes dared to bet, they would follow suit.

"Let me have a look first..."

The man in grey clothes scanned each platform one by one with his eyes, finally settling on the eighth platform and pointing his finger: "I bet on number 95!"

"Number 95?"

Everyone followed his gaze and saw that the number 95 contestant was a thin and short man.

Standing at just one meter sixty, thin and weak, and also a cripple.

He was holding an iron cane and limping as he walked, not looking like a formidable person at all.

"It's number 95!"

The man in grey clothes didn't hesitate, putting all his spirit stones on the line.

Seeing this scene, everyone couldn't help but be amazed.

Is he too confident? Without a second thought, he bet everything, showing remarkable courage.

"Since the big brother is confident in number 95, I'll bet on number 95 too!"

"Exactly! I'm in too!"

"Following the big brother means there's meat to eat, so why hesitate? Bet on him!"

The people around the man in grey clothes didn't hesitate much and followed suit.

Opportunity knocks but once, if you hesitate, how can you achieve great things?

With the leadership of the man in grey clothes, most people at the scene bet on the number 95 contestant, including Ulysses, Emerald, and Kieran, who all made the same choice.

Of course, there were some more rational and cautious people who chose to wait and see.

Mainly because the number 95 contestant didn't seem very capable, a thin cripple who had trouble walking, how could he compete in the arena?

"Quickly place your bets, make up your mind, time waits for no one."

Abigail shouted, urging some of the gamblers who hadn't made a decision yet.

Three minutes later, the fourth round of the match officially began.

Due to the gambling, most of the audience's attention was focused on the eighth platform.

The eighth platform featured a match between the number 95 contestant and the number 24 contestant.

Compared to the thin and weak number 95 contestant, the number 24 contestant was the opposite, with a robust physique and strong muscles, looking very powerful.

Just his wrist was thicker than the thigh of number 95.

Standing together, they were like a child and an adult.

Chapter 2288 - "Mind over Muscle: Number 95's Secret Weapon"

The stark difference in physique led some to underestimate contestant number 95.

Even those who had bet on the grey-clothed man were feeling uneasy, with no sense of certainty.

"Hey! Kid! I advise you to surrender, or with those puny arms and legs of yours, a light touch from me could break them."

Contestant number 24 crossed his arms, looking up and down at contestant number 95, his face filled with disdain and contempt.

A skinny cripple like a monkey daring to step onto the stage for a challenge, truly overestimating himself.

"Although you're tall and strong, it doesn't necessarily mean you can beat me," contestant number 95 said expressionlessly.

"Can't beat me?" Contestant number 24 chuckled, a smirk on his face. "Kid, do you even know what you're saying? With your small frame, I could crush you with just one hand!"

"Is that so? Feel free to try," contestant number 95 replied calmly, looking up at contestant number 24 without a hint of fear.

Despite his small stature, contestant number 95 exuded a strong presence.

"Alright, it seems if I don't teach you a lesson today, you won't know how formidable I am!" Contestant number 24 sneered, slowly drawing his long sword from his waist.

Unmoved, contestant number 95 leaned on his cane, standing quietly in place.

"What are you waiting for? Show your weapon!" Contestant number 24 pointed his sword aggressively.

"I don't need a weapon to deal with you," contestant number 95 calmly and dominantly replied.

"Oh?" Contestant number 24's face darkened, his eyes turning fierce. "Kid! You're asking for trouble!"

Feeling underestimated, contestant number 24 didn't waste words and immediately lunged forward with his sword.

There were no fancy sword techniques or feints, just a straightforward and brutal strike aimed at contestant number 95's shoulder.

This simple and effective strike left contestant number 95 with only two choices: to counter or to evade.

Given the significant difference in their sizes, countering was clearly not a wise choice.

But if he evaded, contestant number 24 would seize the opportunity to pursue and escalate the attack, taking control of the situation.

To contestant number 24, no matter what choice the opponent made, the outcome would be the same – defeat.

"Hmph!"

Facing the incoming strike from contestant number 24, contestant number 95 neither dodged nor evaded. Instead, he raised his cane and pointed it at contestant number 24.

"Swish! Swish! Swish!"

Three poisoned needles shot out from the cane, directly targeting three vital points on contestant number 24.

"Oh?"

Contestant number 24's pupils constricted as he quickly tried to block the attack.

*Clang!*

The first needle was blocked by the long sword, but its powerful impact still caused contestant number 24 to tremble all over, his arm going numb.

*Clang!*

The second needle followed closely, striking the sword and causing it to fly out of contestant number 24's hand.

Simultaneously, the third needle shot rapidly, catching contestant number 24 off guard and hitting him in the chest when he couldn't defend himself.

"Ah~!"

Contestant number 24 let out a miserable cry, being thrown several meters away, then falling heavily to the ground, paralyzed and unable to move.

Witnessing this scene, everyone was stunned, struggling to comprehend what had just happened.

No one had expected the battle to end so quickly; with just one move, contestant number 95 had defeated the towering contestant number 24.

It was a victory achieved with such ease!

I hope the writer understands that we're not keen on watching battles between low-level/no-name martial artists. We're here to witness the showdown among the top 10 fighters!
Everything takes so long 😫
Even the International League of Anti-Dragonmarsh warriors seems like a distant memory… 😅

I think, this tournament is going to be the longest part in Dustin’s story. Tournament story started from Chapter 2046 and after 240 chapters we are still in group C competetion.

It took us 4 months to reach here from Dec-April. In the story it seems like less than a week has passed.

Even the registration process for tournament took more than 3 weeks which was one day event !

Why is Gabrielle not back yet ? She said she would be back before the tournament ???
Hell, it took about 2 months for Dustin to just register for the tournament…

A

A day in Dustin's life is like a month in real life...
Is the story situated on earth or is Dustin's story taking place on another, much bigger planet?
Perhaps the author is an 👽 too...😁

I hope the writer understands that we're not keen on watching battles between low-level/no-name martial artists. We're here to witness the showdown among the top 10 fighters!
You know how it is. He'll take us on a wild spree and all of a sudden we'll be reading about the end of the tournament in like a days posting and an abrupt finish to the saga.
Dustin wins, of course, and the after math would be him taking on the alliance against Dragonmarsh with the help of his new found friends.
Then along comes Gabriel taking the dragon spiral and pointing him in another direction to find yet another dragon spiral and that would be the end to Season 4 - Dragon Tiger Mountain.
Season 5 would take us into December and well into 2025 where it will end midyear and Season 6 wound carry us into 2026.

By the time the story ends I'll be an old man with a bald head and beard so white people will be calling me Snow White...😂😂😂

Anyway thanks ancient one for the updates...

You are right why is Gabrielle not back, but I will sit back and observe, if by the end of the competition Gabrielle doesn't show up. It will further confirm my synopsis that the author is skipping

To be honest this is very annoying, what's this suspense for, and funny enough by the time we get to the group B and group A, the chapters will be longer because everyone there will be boasting about themselves and the time taken in their fight will be longer because they are formidable there. And let's see if before group A, the five countries alliance might show up and also we still don't know who sent steelclaw.

I have gotten to stage where by I skip chapters because I know nothing significant happened for example this new chapters, I only read the first round and skipped to the fourth round. I only pity master junlee because he had to translate those chapters too, or else I'm sure he would have also skipped those chapters but unfortunately those are the current chapters. Nothing is as frustrating as translating boring and useless chapters

I have other site which provides chapters earlier than our friends junlee, if you don't mind I can post it here.
But the names are not same, like lu Chen for dustin

I have other site which provides chapters earlier than our friends junlee, if you don't mind I can post it here.
But the names are not same, like lu Chen for dustin
Junlee's translation are just better plus i think Master Junlee are up to date with the chapter. He just currently resting during the weekend.

Chapter 2289 - "Spirit Stones and Strategy: The Price of Greed"

"You... You actually used poison?!"

Number 24 gritted his teeth, his face filled with anger and disbelief.

He tried to struggle to sit up but found himself unable to muster any strength, even moving his fingers was difficult.

"In a fair competition, even if using hidden weapons or poison, it still complies with the rules of the match," Number 95 said calmly. "Moreover, I did not intend to kill you just paralyze you. If I had the intention to kill, you would already be dead!"

"You—!"

Number 24 was choked up and couldn't speak.

Though unwilling to admit it, he indeed lost.

Because the rules of the competition did not restrict the use of poison, and the opponent's attack was direct, not considered a sneak attack.

He failed to block it due to his own lack of ability.

"Player 95 wins!"

Seeing that Number 24 was incapacitated, the referee decisively announced the outcome of the match.

Applause filled the air.

"Hahaha... We won again! We won again!"

"One move to end the battle, Player 95 is truly formidable!"

"When it comes to being formidable, it has to be our big brother! Saying who will win just by following him, it's truly amazing!"

At the gambling table, everyone was ecstatic and thrilled.

All the gamblers who bet on Player 95 made a great profit.

Previously, they had some doubts about the man in grey, but now, they unconditionally trusted and admired him.

He was no longer just a brother, but a lord!

Truly the God of Wealth!

"Fantastic! We've made a big profit again!" Ruby's eyes sparkled with joy.

"How about that? Following the senior brother's advice was right, betting on that person was the way to go. With such an opportunity for immense wealth, we must seize it!" Kieran beamed with pride.

"We've made enough profit, it's time to stop," suddenly, Emerald interjected.

Her intuition told her that continuing to bet could lead to losses.

"Sister, don't worry, the gambling has just begun. Besides, with the God of Wealth guiding us, we just need to bet and we'll make sure to profit!" Kieran dismissed her concerns.

"Yes, sister! Opportunities to earn spirit stones like this are rare, we mustn't miss out!" Ruby was full of excitement.

"Don't be too greedy in such gambling situations, or you'll regret it later," Emerald frowned slightly.

The two had already won a considerable amount of spirit stones, enough to break through their current realm if absorbed entirely.

"Sister, you're just too cautious. As the saying goes, fortune favours the bold. With so many spirit stones in front of us, if we turn a blind eye, we'll regret it later," Kieran said.

"Sister, stop overthinking it. Today, we have a benefactor helping us, we're sure to make a big profit."

Ruby grabbed her sister's arm, smiling like a coquettish child, "How about this, I promise you, we'll stop once we earn three hundred spirit stones, no more greed!"

"Alright, alright, since you all insist on betting, I have nothing more to say. Whether it's joy or worry, it's up to you to decide," Emerald shook her head and fell silent.

Chapter 2290 - "Bet on Grey: The Whisperings of Fortune"

She knew deep down that Ruby and Kieran were already deeply involved, so asking them to give up now was unrealistic.

Of course, the main reason was her lingering hope.

What if they really struck it rich? What if they could keep winning?

If she stopped them from betting, wouldn't she be cutting off their path to wealth?

Considering this, she chose not to persuade them further.

Ten minutes later, the fourth round of the competition officially ended.

Most of the bettors won spirit stones.

As a result, more and more spectators gathered around the gambling table, ready to join in the fun and try their luck.

The temptation of spirit stones was irresistible, especially with so many winners, everyone wanted a piece of the action.

Seeing more and more gamblers around her, Abigail couldn't help but smile.

Even though the second box of spirit stones was almost empty, she remained calm.

In fact, she hoped these people would bet even more, because soon, all the spirit stones she gave out would come back to her.

As the fifth round of the competition was about to begin, another wave of excitement swept through the venue.

Especially the gamblers in front of the table were eagerly anticipating the next round.

Almost everyone's attention was focused on the man in grey.

Leading the bettors to win three rounds in a row had elevated the grey-clothed man to an almost god-like status.

Regardless of who the grey-clothed man bet on, even if it was a cripple, they would follow without hesitation.

"Brother, who are you betting on this round?"

The gamblers surrounded the grey-clothed man like stars around the moon, their eyes filled with anticipation.

After carefully studying for a moment, the grey-clothed man suddenly pointed to the first arena.

"I bet on contestant number 13!" the grey-clothed man announced loudly.

The crowd looked over and couldn't help but feel excited.

Number 13 was a man holding a silver gun.

With sharp eyebrows and starry eyes, the man exuded a powerful aura just by standing there.

"Number 13 looks familiar, isn't he a disciple of the World Society?"

"Yes! This person is one of the top ten geniuses of the World Society, Toros Nerses!"

"What? One of the top ten geniuses of the World Society? Shouldn't he be in Group B with the elite? How did he end up in Group C?"

"It seems that Toros deliberately concealed his strength when registering, that's why he was placed in Group C. But with Toros's skills, he can easily dominate in Group C, few can match him."

"What are we waiting for? Let's bet on him quickly!"

Excited by the name of Toros, everyone started eagerly betting on number 13.

On one hand, it was the answer given by the grey-clothed man, on the other hand, it was their belief in Toros's strength.

With both conditions met, they had no hesitation in betting all their spirit stones and treasures without reservation.

Seeing this scene, Abigail couldn't help but smile, but soon her smile disappeared without a trace.

The time had come, it was time to close the net...

Chapter 2291 - "Rush to Riches: The Race for No. 13's Fortune"

"Bet! Bet! Bet! Bet quickly! Listen to me, all bet on No. 13 Toros Nerses!"

"Brothers! It's time to get rich, don't miss out as you pass by!"

"Can anyone lend me some treasures? After winning spiritual stones, I will definitely return the principal and interest!"

The gamblers shouted, pushing forward one after another, betting everything of value without hesitation.

The atmosphere on-site became extremely lively.

To the gamblers, this round was simply picking up money, so the more bets, the better.

"Hey hey hey... Move aside! We were here first, let us bet first!"

As the gamblers gathered more and more, the scene became somewhat chaotic.

Ulysses and Ruby were just momentarily stunned, and the gambling table was already crowded with people. They could only squeeze their way through.

As the saying goes, opportunity knocks but once, with only a few minutes left before the start of the fifth round.

If they didn't place their bets in time and the betting closed early, it would be a huge loss for them.

So at this point, they no longer cared about their image and dignity, pushing forward relentlessly.

"Don't rush, line up properly, one by one, take your time."

"There's still plenty of time, everyone will have a chance, I guarantee you can all place your bets."

"Hey, you in the purple clothes, why are you riding on someone's head? Get down quickly."

Abigail stood in front of the gambling table, constantly calming the crowd and maintaining order.

She didn't expect the situation to become so intense.

Hundreds of people gathered in front of the gambling table, shoulder to shoulder.

The small gambling table was completely surrounded.

Fortunately, these people were still following the rules and not causing chaos, otherwise, she would have to set an example and establish some authority.

Of course, she was unaware of the notorious reputation of the Mystic Arts Order in the martial world, which had already cast a shadow over people.

Anyone who dared to play tricks in front of the Mystic Arts Order was simply asking for trouble.

Everyone knew that among the three major sects in the martial world, the Mystic Arts Order was the most difficult to provoke.

Once someone offended the Mystic Arts Order, they wouldn't even know how they died.

Five minutes later, the fifth round officially began.

Most gamblers had placed their bets, with only a few left.

To accommodate them, Abigail deliberately delayed the closing time by two minutes to harvest more people.

"Brother Dustin, why aren't you betting? This is a great opportunity to earn spiritual stones."

Back at his seat, Ulysses was puzzled to see Dustin not moving.

"A little gambling for fun, excessive gambling harms the body. Gambling is just for entertainment, if taken too seriously, it’s a loss." Dustin smiled faintly.

"Brother Dustin, your temperament is too indifferent, not competing or striving, it's meaningless. One should live passionately, seek excitement from time to time, otherwise, it's too dull." Ulysses said with a smile.

"You're right, not even taking advantage of such an easy money-making opportunity, I really don't know what you're thinking." Ruby shook her head, looking at him as if he were a fool.

To this, Dustin just smiled and remained silent.

Chapter 2292 - "Sis-teriously Suspicious: Emerald's Hunches in the Bets"

"Money-making Hmph... don't get too excited too soon, whether Number 13 can win this match is still unknown," Emerald timely poured a bucket of cold water.

Like Dustin, she also did not place any bets just now.

On one hand, there were too many people, and she couldn't be bothered to squeeze in; on the other hand, she felt something was off.

Because everything was going too smoothly.

Normally, the bookie who opened the odds would choose to cut losses timely in such a losing streak situation, trying to minimize the losses.

But the people from the Mystic Arts Order did nothing and remained very enthusiastic.

They even provided lending services to some gamblers.

No precious spirit stones? No problem, I'll lend them to you.

This abnormal behavior made her suspicious.

After all, the Mystic Arts Order is not a charity, how could they give spirit stones for no reason?

"Sister, Toros's strength is well known to everyone. Even I might not be able to win against Toros, let alone an unknown character. From what I see, within ten moves, Toros can secure victory," Ulysses confidently said.

"Sis! You're just too suspicious. Everyone is betting on Toros, which proves his strength and high winning rate. Don't you think our collective judgment outweighs yours alone?" Ruby said somewhat dismissively.

"I'm not saying Toros isn't formidable, but there's always someone better, and until the battle truly ends, no one can guarantee Toros will win one hundred percent," Emerald replied.

"Don't worry, sis, this time will be fine, look at us, we've been winning several rounds in a row," Ruby reassured.

"I'm just reminding you all to know when to stop while you're ahead," Emerald said somewhat helplessly.

"Sister, after this round, we'll stop after winning one more round," Ulysses said confidently.

"I hope you can continue winning," Emerald shook her head and said no more.

The two people beside her were completely enthralled and no amount of persuasion was effective.

At this moment, on the first arena.

Toros was ready, slowly assuming a stance, his opponent was a man holding a long sword.

The man had an average build, ordinary looks, nothing particularly outstanding, but his eyes occasionally flashed with a cold light.

"Who are you? State your name."

Toros pointed his long spear diagonally, exuding an imposing aura.

"Northern Territory, Ruben Vartan."

The man spoke calmly, his expression unchanged.

"Northern Territory Ruben? I've never heard of you."

Toros said arrogantly, "You are no match for me, just admit defeat now, or you'll end up with broken hands and feet."

"Is that so? We'll see if you have what it takes." Ruben remained unfazed.

"I'm giving you a chance, don't underestimate me, or once I make a move, you'll either die or be crippled!" Toros squinted slightly.

"Hehe... then today I'll learn your tricks." Ruben smiled coldly and slowly drew his sword.

"Hmph! Stubborn fool! Don't blame me for being ruthless!" Toros was a bit annoyed, no longer wasting words, and directly thrust his spear forward.

This thrust was incredibly fast, like a dragon soaring out of the sea, with a breathtaking momentum.

Chapter 2293 - "Spear and Swordplay: The Spectacle of Toros and Ruben"

As the long spear came thrusting towards him, Ruben simply smirked, then swiftly thrust his sword forward to meet it head-on.

The clash of the sword and spear created a precise collision, sending out ripples of energy.

The ripples swept out like waves in all directions, causing the robes of both men to flutter and their hair to stand on end.

They stood motionless, engaging in a stalemate, neither giving way to the other.

Toros held the spear with both hands, his internal energy surging out continuously, attempting to force Ruben back with his formidable strength.

However, no matter how hard he pushed, no matter how much energy he infused, Ruben did not budge an inch.

They stood facing each other, sword against spear.

Due to the compression and collision of energy, the air began to emit a series of explosive noises, causing the sword and spear to gradually bend.

Toros furrowed his brow, a hint of surprise in his eyes.

As one of the top ten geniuses of the World Society, a highly anticipated talent, he should have had the upper hand among Group C participants.

Yet, to his astonishment, this unknown Ruben managed to hold his ground against him, which was indeed peculiar.

"Dragon's Tail Sweep!"

Seeing that the stalemate was not in his favor, Toros shook his long spear, deflecting the sword tip, then swiftly swept it towards Ruben's waist.

The advantage of the long spear lay in its wide attack range, capable of striking the target before the sword could reach.

Toros had made up his mind that if he couldn't win with strength, he would defeat his opponent through exquisite spear techniques and rich combat experience.

Facing the sweeping long spear, Ruben's body suddenly leaned back vertically, narrowly avoiding the strike like a falling door plank.

"Serpent Emerges from the Hole!"

As the first attack missed, Toros thrust the spear again, aiming directly at Ruben's chest at the moment his body was about to touch the ground.

An impeccably timed strike that caught Ruben off guard.

While ordinary warriors wouldn't have reacted in time, Ruben seemed to have anticipated it. As Toros thrust the spear, Ruben slammed his hand on the ground, spinning into the air.

The spear pierced the ground, creating a hole, while Ruben, now standing on the spear shaft, lunged forward.

His sword aimed straight for Toros's throat.

Toros's eyes widened as he quickly took two steps back, using the spear to block Ruben's strike.

Although he blocked it, the recoil caused Toros to retreat several steps from Ruben's sword.

This scene left everyone's faces pale with shock and hearts pounding.

"What the heck! Toros was forced to retreat?"

"No way! Just a nobody, can Toros really be defeated? I've bet big on this!"

"Everyone, stay calm. The match has just begun, Toros hasn't shown his true strength yet. I believe he will win in the end."

"Yeah, brother's predictions have never been wrong. Everyone, don't panic, just watch the match in peace."

"... "

Chapter 2294 - "Thunderstruck: Toros's Ultimate Gambit"

Previously, Toros's performance made the betting spectators somewhat nervous.

Their eyes fixed, hearts pounding.

In their eyes, with Toros's strength, he should easily win.

How did he end up at a disadvantage after just a few moves against Ruben?

What's going on?

"Senior Brother, there shouldn't be any unexpected turns in this match, right?"

In the audience seats, Ruby looked quite anxious.

She had just bet all her spirit stones, winning big if she won but losing everything if she didn't.

"Don't worry, it's just a minor setback, it won't affect the overall situation," Ulysses remained confident.

Who hasn't made a mistake before?

Toros just underestimated his opponent a bit, as long as he takes it seriously, defeating Ruben should be no problem at all.

At this moment, on the first arena.

Toros's expression gradually became serious.

Initially, he indeed didn't pay much attention to Ruben, but after their recent exchange, he realized that the opponent's strength was on par with his.

If he didn't give it his all, he might not necessarily win.

"I have to admit, you're strong, much stronger than I expected."

Toros slowly took on an attacking stance, his gaze becoming sharp: "I underestimated you earlier, almost let you take advantage, but that won't happen again, because next, I will unleash my ultimate skill to end this battle once and for all!"

"Is that so? I'll be looking forward to it," Ruben smirked.

"First move of the Lightning Spear Technique - Spring Thunder Annihilation!!"

Toros shouted loudly, his long spear suddenly pulled back for power, then thrust forward violently.

"Boom!"

At the moment the spear thrust out, it seemed like thunder exploded.

A dazzling white light burst out, like a dragon, carrying a terrifying momentum sweeping towards Ruben.

"Such a domineering spear technique! Truly deserving to be one of the top ten in the world!"

"The Lightning Spear Technique is known for its fierceness, once unleashed, its momentum is unstoppable, today's display truly lives up to its reputation!"

"To be defeated under Toros's Lightning Spear Technique, Ruben can be proud of himself!"

"... "

Watching the powerful momentum unleashed by Toros, the scene was in an uproar.

Especially the betting spectators, their eyes shining, filled with excitement.

Even using the Lightning Spear Technique, it seemed like Toros was set to win today.

"Just the Lightning Spear Technique, nothing more."

Facing the spear thrusting towards him, Ruben remained calm, without any panic, a hint of disdainful smile playing on his lips.

Then, Ruben's toes tapped, and he shot out like flash, his sword also slashing out, at an unbelievable speed.

Everyone couldn't see Ruben's sword move clearly, just a blur before their eyes.

When the scene froze again, Toros and Ruben had already passed each other.

They stood back to back, a few meters apart.

Toros frowned, looking serious, his hand holding the spear slightly trembling.

On the other hand, Ruben's face was calm, his sword dripping blood.

As everyone was puzzled, Toros suddenly spat out blood, then his knees went weak, collapsing on the ground.

Everyone was stunned!

what is going on , iam bored of these nothing burgers

Chapter 2295 - "Genius Gone Awry: Toros's Stunning Upset"

As everyone stared at the suddenly fallen Toros, they were all dumbfounded.

Their mouths hung open in disbelief.

Who would've thought that Toros, one of the top ten geniuses of the World Society, would fall, and to top it off, to some nobody?

Normally, with Toros's strength, he should've been wreaking havoc in Group C. So why, at the beginning of the game, did he suffer such a defeat?

Was Toros not living up to his reputation, or was Ruben just too formidable?

"It's over, completely over!"

"Damn it! What the heck is Toros up to? How can't he even beat a small fry? What a waste!"

"The top ten geniuses of the World Society? I think they're just a bunch of crap!"

"Toros! Damn you! You've screwed me over big time this time!"

"I lost! I freaking lost! My spirit stones!"

After a brief silence, the entire venue erupted into wails and curses.

Toros's defeat had resulted in heavy losses for the bettors.

All the spirit stones they had won earlier, along with the interest, were all lost.

Some even borrowed a lot, thinking they could seize the opportunity to make a fortune, only to end up losing everything.

"How could this happen? How could this happen?!"

Ruby widened her beautiful eyes, finding it hard to accept the situation for a moment.

She had just bet her entire net worth, never expecting this outcome.

"No... it can't be! It was clearly a sure win. How could Toros possibly lose?!"

Ulysses felt like he'd been struck by lightning, his face turning pale, and even his fingers trembling.

In the previous rounds, he had kept a backup plan, not betting too much because he didn't feel confident of winning.

But this round with Toros, he was confident, so he went all in with his spirit stones, only to be sorely disappointed.

For a moment, he found it hard to accept.

"Senior brother, you said we'd definitely win. What do we do now?" Ruby was at a loss.

As they say, the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment.

Toros's defeat sent her mood plummeting from heaven to hell.

"I..." Ulysses was rendered speechless by the question.

What could they do?

They had already lost, so they just had to accept their bad luck. Did they dare to try to snatch the spirit stones back from the Mystic Arts Order?

Who would have the guts to meddle with the Mystic Arts Order and risk their lives?

What if they failed to retrieve the spirit stones and ended up losing their lives instead?

"Contestant No. 54, Ruben Vartan, wins!"

Seeing that Toros had no more strength to continue, the referee announced the result decisively.

In an instant, the whole venue erupted into curses.

As the victim, Toros was cursed through his entire family lineage.

Even the reputation of the Ten Geniuses of the World Society was greatly affected.

After all, Toros, as one of the top ten geniuses of the World Society, had been defeated by a nobody, which was quite embarrassing.

"What a pity. It was so close, you almost won."

Abigail shook her head with a regretful expression, but in reality, she was overjoyed.

This round not only won back all the capital but also cleaned out most of the gamblers.

It could be said that she had made a fortune.

"Big brother! You said we would win, why did it turn out like this?" One person looked at the man in gray clothes.

Chapter 2296 - "The Bigger Picture: Understanding Abigail's Strategy"

"Bro, it's a disaster! I just bet everything I had, and now it's all gone. What am I gonna do?"

"It's all your fault! If it weren't for your lousy guidance, we wouldn't have lost this badly!"

"Yeah, you've gotta compensate us for our losses today!"

The gamblers grew more and more agitated, turning their accusations towards the man in the gray coat.

"Blame me? Did I force you to bet everything?" The man in gray was furious. "When you were winning, you were all smiles. But now that you've lost, you're blaming it on me? Where's the justice in that? Besides, I never guaranteed a win. It's your own greed that made you follow me. Do you think only you lost? Hell, I lost everything too!"

With those words, the voices of doubt around him immediately quieted down.

Though hard to swallow, the man in gray was right.

He hadn't forced them; they had willingly followed him. They couldn't blame anyone else for their losses.

"Damn it! You're a bunch of ingrates! I'm done playing with you!" With a roar, the man in gray stormed off.

The other gamblers looked at each other, sighing in resignation.

But what none of them noticed was the brief exchange of glances between the man in gray and Ruben on the stage.

"So, that's how it is. Clever indeed," muttered Dustin, a smirk playing on his lips.

He hadn't fully understood what tactics Abigail had employed to ensure consistent wins for herself.

But now, after witnessing the recent events, it all became clear to him.

Abigail had planned everything in advance.

First, she had planted some of her own people among the participants in Group C, keeping their true strength hidden and waiting for the right moment to act.

Then, she had created a guiding light, the man in gray, to lead the way.

By winning several consecutive matches, she had built up the man in gray's popularity and credibility, attracting blind followers among the gamblers.

Once the man in gray had gained enough popularity and trust, it was time to reel them in.

Simply put, the so-called gambling match was nothing but a well-designed trap from start to finish.

Whether it was the man in gray or Ruben, the recent victor, they were all under Abigail's control.

Win or lose, it was all within Abigail's grasp.

And because of this, Abigail was confident and unafraid. She didn't worry about the gamblers winning.

As long as she manipulated the outcome of a single match, she could recover her losses and then some.

In the end, all the gamblers present were just her cash cows.

When to act was entirely up to her preference.

"One failure is no big deal. Come on, everyone, keep betting. We'll win it all back sooner or later," Abigail shouted, continuing to attract business for herself.

There were many spectators present today, and after harvesting one batch of cash cows, there would be another.

And many gamblers still had the mentality of not wanting to admit defeat; as long as they lost, they wanted to make a comeback.

Even though they were broke, they could still borrow, so they still had value as cash cows.

"Sis, you should still have some spirit stones, right? Lend me some, and I'll pay you back as soon as I win!" At that moment, Ulysses suddenly turned to the side and looked eagerly at Emerald.

It was obvious he was hooked.