An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Chapter 1578 Arrival of Evander

"Dustin! You're seeking death!"

Isabela threatened with a fierce expression, "I order you to kneel in front of me and kowtow in apology immediately. Otherwise, I will call Evander, and he will personally take care of you!"

At this, the members of the Remington family panicked.

"Dustin, you've really done it this time! These two are the daughters of wealthy families. If you dare to touch them, it's like poking a hornet's nest!"

"Why are you still standing there? Hurry up and kowtow in apology! Otherwise, once Evander's forces arrive, you will be finished!"

"You brought this disaster upon yourself! Why do you have to drag us down with you? You've ruined our Remington family!"

Seeing the terrified faces, Isabela and Victoria regained their imposing demeanor.

So what if he could fight? Could he fight against the military forces of the Duskshire Royal Palace?

Once Evander arrived, even if Dustin had extraordinary abilities, he would still face inevitable doom.

"How about it? Scared? If you are, then kneel!" Isabela sternly commanded.

"Scared?"

Dustin gave them a disdainful look. "Why don't you try to make a call yourself and see if your phones can get through?"

"Do you think I'm bluffing? Fine! Don't regret it!"

Isabela, not wasting any more words, took out her phone and dialed Evander's number.

After several attempts, the call never went through.

Even with Victoria's phone, the result was the same.

"What? Can't get through? Want to try with my phone?" Dustin sneered.

"Don't get too cocky! Evander is busy right now and doesn't have time to answer the phone. I've already sent him a message, and he will arrive soon. At that time, it will be your death sentence!"

Isabela threatened angrily.

"No need to wait. Evander has already arrived."

"Arrived? Where is he?"

Upon hearing this, Isabela and Victoria looked around, searching for his presence.

"Here."

Dustin casually raised his hand and threw the severed head at their feet.

The head, wrapped in cloth, rolled a few times on the ground, breaking free from its bindings.

A bloody head was vividly displayed in front of everyone.

Coincidentally, Evander's face was directly facing Isabela and Victoria.

The two of them, looking up at the lifeless eyes, stared at each other in shock.

"When did... when did Evander... die?"

Isabela and Victoria were dumbfounded, finding it hard to believe what was happening in front of them.

Just this morning, he was alive and well. How could he suddenly be dead?

Who would dare to kill the adopted son of Lord Eugene?

"Did you... did you kill Evander?" Isabela quickly reacted. "It was you who killed him?"

"Yes, it was me."

Dustin admitted openly. "Evander has committed numerous wrongs and is responsible for the death of Belinda. I wish I could kill him a hundred times over!"

"You... you... You actually dared to kill Evander? He's the adopted son of Lord Eugene!?" Isabela was stunned, full of disbelief.

"That's right, he's the adopted son. Even if he were the biological son, he deserved to die!" Dustin said coldly.

"Lunatic! You're a lunatic! You dare to kill Evander? He's the adopted son of Lord Eugene! Are you crazy?"

"Don't say it's the adopted son; even if he were the biological son of Lord Eugene, he should die!" Dustin's voice was cold.

"You're crazy! You're crazy! You're actually going against the entire Duskshire Royal Palace!"

Isabela shouted in shock. Even with her extensive experience, she was frightened.

Dustin completely disregarded conventional norms, with no scruples whatsoever. He could do anything.

This guy was truly a madman!

Chapter 1579 Second Option

"Hey, Dustin! You're in big trouble now!"

"You killed Lord Eugene's adopted son, basically picking a fight with the Duskshire Royal Palace. Even if the whole Dragonmarsh Empire is vast, there won't be a place for you!"

At this moment, Victoria also joined the yelling.

She always saw the Duskshire Royal Palace as her backup, so she went out of her way to please people like Dahlia and Evander.

She thought that with these people backing her, she could be arrogant and domineering.

But she never dreamed that this guy Dustin would actually kill her own backup.

It's not just bold anymore; it's downright crazy.

"Dead... dead? Evander is really dead?"

"Dustin, Dustin! Do you even know what you've done? This time, you've really messed us up!"

After a brief shock, the members of the Remington family wailed.

With Evander dead, things have escalated, and once the Duskshire Royal Palace investigates, the entire Remington family will face a catastrophe!

"One person does the deed, and I killed Evander with my own hands. Whatever consequences come, I'll take full responsibility," Dustin said calmly.

"Responsibility? Can you handle it?"

Remington’s fourth uncle shouted in frustration, "He's a member of the royal family in Stonia, a towering figure. Why do you think you can compete with such a giant? If you want to seek death, go ahead, but why drag us down with you? You're a disaster!"

"That's right! All we want is to settle things peacefully. Now that you've killed Evander and brought his head to the Remington family, you're pushing us into a pit of fire. What's your motive?!" people angrily accused.

There were already some entanglements between Evander and the Remington family. If Dustin hadn't come knocking today, they might still have room for explanation.

Now, that chance is gone.

"Dustin! You're in big trouble. If you don't want innocent people to be implicated, come back to the Duskshire Royal Palace with us and plead guilty!" Isabela sternly ordered.

Even though Evander's death had nothing to do with her, if she could tie Dustin to the Duskshire Royal Palace, it would be a great accomplishment.

"Dustin! You said one person does the deed and one person takes responsibility. I command you now to surrender immediately!" Victoria shouted as well.

A nobody dared to kill a top noble; it's like asking for trouble.

"It seems you haven't figured out the situation yet," Dustin said indifferently. "I did kill Evander, but it doesn't mean I'll apologize for his death."

"Aren't you afraid of retaliation from the Duskshire Royal Palace?" Isabela questioned.

"What do you think?" Dustin retorted.

One sentence silenced Isabela and her companion.

Yes, if he feared retaliation, he wouldn't have killed Evander.

This guy in front of them is a complete lunatic.

"Besides, there's one more thing," Dustin continued indifferently. "Both of you colluded with Evander, and you're not good people. You share some responsibility for Belinda's death."

"I'll give you two options now: First, kneel in front of Belinda's memorial for three days, repent for your sins, and then donate half of your family's fortune to compensate for the Remington family's losses..."

Before he finished speaking, Isabela immediately refused, "You're dreaming! Whether Belinda lives or dies has nothing to do with us. Don't bother us with your nonsense!"

"That's right! Even if you ask me to donate half of my family's fortune, or just light a stick of incense and kowtow, it's impossible!" Victoria glared and said.

"A second option then..."

Chapter 1580 Secret Message

Dustin said emotionlessly, "I'll use every means and connection to ruin both The Torby and Sterling families completely."

"Ruined? That's a joke!"

Isabela sneered, "Dustin, who do you think you are? Just a barefoot doctor. Where do you get the courage to challenge two big wealthy families?"

"Exactly! You're already in deep trouble yourself, and yet you dare to threaten us? Let me tell you the truth. I've secretly informed the Duskshire Royal Palace, and when their forces arrive, you'll have no way to escape!" Victoria declared.

In their eyes, Dustin was as good as dead, just gasping for breath.

"I've given you a chance, but you didn't appreciate it. Since that's the case, don't blame me for being ruthless."

Dustin finished speaking and immediately took out his phone, sending several text messages.

He used almost all the connections he had in Stonia.

He wanted The Torby and Sterling families to pay a heavy price.

"Just putting on a show!"

Isabela coldly snorted, "Do you think sending a few messages can scare us? It's ridiculous! I've seen big storms; why should I fear your little threats?"

"If you don't believe it, then let's wait and see," Dustin didn't explain further.

A thousand words are not as effective as actual actions.

"Fine! I want to see who's going to be unlucky today!" Isabela was completely unafraid.

"Dustin! If you have the guts, don't run. Once the Duskshire Royal Palace's forces arrive, let's see if you still dare to be so arrogant!" Victoria sternly warned.

As her words fell, a fully armed convoy suddenly stormed into the Remington family estate.

The convoy consisted entirely of military jeeps, loaded with people, all armed to the teeth and emanating a chilling atmosphere.

On the front vehicle hung a large, bold yellow flag with an embroidered character—Duskshire!

"They're here! The Duskshire Royal Palace's forces have finally arrived!" Victoria exclaimed with joy.

Her secret message had worked; the Duskshire Royal Palace's people were indeed fast.

"Dustin, your death is imminent. Now, it's our victory!" Isabela triumphantly laughed.

She admitted that Dustin was formidable, single-handedly defeating a dozen martial arts experts, which was indeed impressive.

However, even if someone was exceptionally skilled, they couldn't withstand an entire army.

Dozens of fully armed elite soldiers, combined with powerful firepower, even if Dustin had extraordinary abilities, if he dared to resist, he would be shot into a hornet's nest immediately!

This is reality, this is power, and this is an existence that ordinary people cannot contend with!

"It's over, it's all over now!"

"Dustin, you disaster, you've really messed us up!"

When the Remington family members saw the Duskshire Royal Palace's forces, panic set in, and cries of despair filled the air.

Evander's head still lay on the ground.

If the Duskshire Royal Palace's people saw it, even if they had a hundred mouths, they wouldn't be able to explain themselves.

"Dustin! Weren't you quite arrogant just now? Let's see how you'll die this time!" Victoria sneered with a malicious expression.

She seemed to have already pictured Dustin being dismembered into a thousand pieces.

Chapter 1581 Venomous Woman

"Wu—!"

The convoy roared through the Remington family estate, not stopping at all until it reached the front of the memorial hall.

Following that, a vice general jumped out of the vehicle, leading a fully armed squad of soldiers, pouring out in a formidable manner.

"Who made the phone call?"

The vice general had a stern face, and his sharp gaze swept around the memorial hall.

"It's me, it's me! I made the report call!"

Victoria immediately raised her hand, hastily saying, "This general, I'm Victoria from the Sterling family. I have a deep friendship with Evander. I just saw someone kill Evander here. You must catch him!"

"Who is the murderer?" the vice general asked in a deep voice.

Evander's death had already spread throughout the entire Duskshire Royal Palace.

Dustin broke into the Emerald Estate, openly harmed Evander, and even took his head.

Upon receiving the news, Lord Eugene was furious and personally ordered a severe punishment for the murderer.

For a moment, all the forces of the Duskshire Royal Palace mobilized, searching everywhere for the traces of the murderer.

So, as soon as the report call was received, he immediately led the troops to catch the culprit and snatch the first merit.

"He is the murderer!"

Victoria turned around and pointed at Dustin, a cold smile on her lips.

"Not only him, but everyone in the Remington family is his accomplice. They must all be arrested!" Isabela suddenly added.

Upon hearing this, the members of the Remington family instantly panicked.

"Miss Isabela! It has nothing to do with us. We don't know anything. You can't casually accuse us!"

"Yes, Miss Isabela! We have no relationship with Dustin. Don't slander us!"

"Miss Isabela, please spare us. We are willing to hand over the formula. Please, spare us!"

Many people knelt on the ground, kowtowing and pleading.

Once they were branded as accomplices, there would be no salvation.

"Hmm?"

Dustin frowned slightly, a hint of coldness flashing in his eyes.

He didn't expect Isabela to be so malicious, willing to drag the entire Remington family down in order to retaliate against him.

What a heartless woman!

"Hmph! It's too late to say these things now. Evander is dead, and you people are all to blame!" Isabela remained cold and unmoved. "Maybe you did this to seek revenge, so you directed Dustin to kill Evander!"

She knew very well that Evander's death couldn't be pacified with just a formula.

"No, no! Absolutely not!"

Remington’s fourth uncle turned pale, waving his hands in fear. "Miss Isabela, even if we have the courage of the heavens, we wouldn't dare to harm Evander. These are all Dustin's actions alone, and they have nothing to do with our Remington family!"

"If it has nothing to do with you, why is Evander's head in the memorial hall of your Remington family? How do you explain that?" Isabela questioned.

"We... we don't know. Dustin brought the head here," Remington’s fourth uncle said with a mournful face.

"Hmph! Stop trying to be clever. If it weren't for the instructions from your Remington family, how could a mere martial artist have the audacity to do this?" Isabela scolded.

"That's right! Your Remington family and Dustin are birds of a feather. None of you can escape the connection!" Victoria added.

"Wronged... we're wronged!" Remington’s fourth uncle, along with the rest of the Remington family, all knelt on the ground, continuously kowtowing and pleading.

If they couldn't wash off this dirty water, the entire Remington family would be finished.

"Vicious woman! You heartless, venomous woman! Our Remington family has no grievances with you. Why are you framing us?!" At this moment, Prudence couldn't hold back his roar.

Chapter 1582 A Standoff

Previously, he promised to hand over the formula just to preserve the family. Now, with Isabela's few words, she sentenced the Remington family to death. It was simply ruthless and malicious!

Facing the curses, Isabela remained unfazed. Instead, she greeted the vice general with a clasped fist and said loudly, "General, Evander must not die in vain. All these suspicious individuals must be arrested and subjected to extreme punishment to set an example and establish authority!"

Upon hearing this, the vice general nodded. With a wave of his hand, he ordered, "Men! Arrest all these murderers and subject them to severe interrogation!"

"Hold on!"

Dustin suddenly took two steps forward, speaking coldly, "Evander was killed by me, and it has nothing to do with the Remington family. I'm willing to bear all the consequences."

"Hmph! As a murderer, you will naturally be severely punished. But these accomplices won't get off easily!" the vice general sternly declared.

"If you dare to act recklessly, I guarantee that you will end up just like Evander." Dustin's eyes were cold.

"What? Are you threatening me? Even at the brink of death, you're still oblivious!" The vice general narrowed his eyes and drew his gun from his waist.

"Dustin! Dozens of guns are aimed at you. I don't believe you can stir up any storms!" Victoria sneered.

"Dustin, surrender now, and maybe you can leave with a complete corpse." Isabela said in a weird tone.

"I'll say it again. Whoever dares to act recklessly today will die!" Dustin's aura was fierce.

"Hmph! I think you won't shed a tear until you see the coffin!" The vice general raised his hand, shouting, "Men! Take them all down! Anyone who dares to resist, kill without mercy!"

As soon as he finished speaking, all the armed soldiers loaded their guns, aiming at Dustin and the others.

Seeing this scene, the members of the Remington family were scared speechless, in a state of panic.

"Boom, boom, boom!"

Just as the atmosphere became tense, over the Remington family estate, suddenly, more than a dozen armed helicopters appeared.

After hovering, ropes were thrown down.

Following that, heavily armed elite soldiers descended from the helicopters.

At first glance, it seemed like heavenly soldiers descending to earth, majestic and awe-inspiring.

In just a few breaths, the ground was already covered with people.

These elite soldiers, as soon as they appeared, firmly surrounded the Duskshire Royal Palace's people, showing no courtesy at all.

The Duskshire Royal Palace's forces also didn't back down, turning their guns in response, and a standoff began.

From the number alone, the airdropped elites were obviously twice as many.

"Who are you people? How dare you point guns at the people of our Duskshire Royal Palace? Are you seeking death?!" The vice general glared, loudly rebuking.

Looking across the entire Stonia, there were few who dared to oppose the Duskshire Royal Palace.

"How about the Duskshire Royal Palace? Leave within three minutes, or die!" A cold, clear female voice suddenly echoed in the sky.

"Who? Who's speaking?!" The vice general looked around.

However, at this moment, a fiery red figure suddenly leaped down from the helicopter.

Without using ropes or any equipment, she just descended from the sky.

"Boom!"

With a loud noise, the red figure heavily landed on the ground, raising a large amount of dust.

The next moment, a woman dressed in red armor, with short white hair, and stunningly beautiful, walked out slowly from the dust.

It was none other than the female war god, Scarlet Spanner!

Chapter 1583 Say It Again!

"Red... Scarlet Warrior War God?!"

Seeing the woman in white hair and red clothes, the vice general couldn't help but shudder, his face showing astonishment.

As a military person, who wouldn't know the name of Scarlet Spanner?

As the only female war god in Dragonmarsh Empire, she was an existence almost revered by all men.

Her military exploits were illustrious, decisive on the battlefield, and her reputation was terrifying.

To reach the position she was in today, she had stepped out from countless mountains of corpses and seas of blood.

"Quick! Put down your guns!"

After a brief daze, the vice general quickly reacted and immediately signaled all his subordinates to put away their weapons.

Given Scarlet Warrior War God's explosive temper, if she was pointed at with guns, it was uncertain whether she would unleash a killing spree.

At that time, they might be given the label of committing a crime and face death.

"Scarlet Spanner? How did she come here?"

Isabela and Victoria looked at each other in amazement.

Scarlet Spanner was a mountain that no woman in Stonia could bypass.

Not only was she noble and powerful, but she also held heavy military power, gaining the favor of the Empire’s royal family.

What was most annoying was that Scarlet Spanner possessed an extraordinary beauty, ranking second on the Beauty Index, causing countless women to envy her.

A woman who was beautiful, powerful, and of high status; in the entire world, there was no second like her.

Compared to Scarlet Spanner's achievements, these so-called daughters of wealthy families were not even worth mentioning.

She was overwhelmingly dominant.

"Do you have any objections?"

Scarlet Spanner approached with an imposing manner, her sharp gaze fixed on the vice general.

"No... no dare."

The vice general was scared into a cold sweat, a humble expression on his face. "I didn't know that the War God had arrived. I've just offended you. Please forgive me, War God."

"Don't waste words. Hurry up and get your people out of here." Scarlet Spanner spoke coldly.

"Ah?"

The vice general was slightly stunned, somewhat embarrassed. "War God, there are wanted criminals from our Duskshire Royal Palace here. I was ordered to come and arrest them."

"Wanted criminals? Where are they?" Scarlet Spanner asked.

"Over there, over there... War God, he is the wanted criminal!"

Without waiting for the vice general to respond, Victoria hastily pointed towards Dustin.

In her view, since the Spanner family and the Duskshire Royal Palace both belonged to the royal family, they should help capture the criminal.

"And these people from the Remington family are all accomplices and must all be arrested and thrown into prison!" Isabela added.

Hearing the words of the two, Scarlet Spanner didn't waste any words. She walked forward and slapped both of them with a "pop pop," making them dizzy and at a loss.

"What... what are you doing, War God?"

Victoria covered her face, looking very wronged.

Isabela was also bewildered.

Has this woman gone crazy?

She starts a fight without any warning. Are we not giving face to anyone?

"What did you just say? Say it again."

Scarlet Spanner spoke coldly, her imposing aura causing both women to struggle to breathe.

"I said... he is the wanted criminal."

Victoria pointed towards Dustin again.

"Pop!"

Scarlet Spanner slapped Victoria again, saying coldly, "Say it again."

"War God... I... I..."

Victoria looked wronged to the point of almost crying.

What's going on?

Chapter 1584 Just a Loser

She hadn't seemed to offend Scarlet Spanner, so why did she start hitting people? Did she take the wrong medicine? Despite feeling wronged and angry, she didn't dare to speak up at this moment.

As for the vice general from the Duskshire Royal Palace, amidst his confusion, he also felt a bit fortunate. Fortunately, he hadn't spoken too much just now, or he might have received a few slaps.

"Listen carefully, I'll only say it once."

Scarlet Spanner's cold gaze swept over the faces of everyone. "Dustin is my friend, and the Remington family is also a partner of our Spanner family. If any of you dare to speak nonsense, don't blame me for killing you!"

"What? Friends?!"

Upon hearing this, everyone widened their eyes in astonishment. No one had expected that Scarlet Spanner had come because of Dustin.

What kind of background did this guy have to invite the mighty Scarlet Warrior War God as support?

"Madam... are you joking? You actually know someone like him?" Isabela couldn't believe it.

Dustin was just a doctor who knew a bit of martial arts. How could he be associated with the Spanner family, a towering tree in the Dragonmarsh Empire?

"Yes, Madam! He's just a loser. How can you be friends with him?" Victoria blurted out.

"Insolence!"

At that, Scarlet Spanner instantly flared up, delivering a swift kick to Victoria's abdomen.

"Bang!"

Victoria was sent flying several meters away, crashing into the wall and spitting out blood, wailing in pain.

Previously, it was just a lesson with slaps, but now Scarlet Spanner was truly angry.

How could she tolerate insults towards her elder brother, Logan?

"What are you doing, Madam?"

Isabela was startled and quickly ran to help Victoria.

"Are you still standing here for what? Get out!" Scarlet Spanner coldly shouted.

The vice general shivered and didn't dare to say much. He immediately led his men away.

Although merit was important, it wasn't worth risking his life for it. In the entire Stonia, there were few who dared to challenge Scarlet Spanner.

"Go, go, go, quickly!"

Isabela didn't dare to stay for long either. She helped the injured Victoria and was ready to make a swift exit.

"Hold on."

However, Dustin suddenly called out to the two.

"What... what do you want?" Isabela looked somewhat anxious.

Although she felt wronged, she couldn't afford to provoke someone like Scarlet Spanner. She could only choose to retreat.

"I want to say this to your parents. The Torby family and the Sterling family will soon face utter destruction. This is all your fault, and you should prepare your coffins early. Now, you can leave."

Dustin spoke coldly, making Isabela and Victoria leave in a hurry.

Even though their plan for today had failed, it didn't mean they had lost. With Scarlet Spanner supporting Dustin, they could only retreat for now.

Chapter 1585 Excellent Judgment

With Isabela and her group gone, the crisis for the Remington family was finally averted.

The group led by Prudence looked at Scarlet Spanner, who had a cold expression, feeling a bit uneasy.

They were grateful that Scarlet Spanner had intervened, but they didn't understand why she did it. Compared to the Spanner family, the Remington family was like ants. Why would such a powerful figure care about the life and death of ants?

"You don't need to overthink. I helped you because of Dustin, my brother," Scarlet Spanner gave a straightforward answer to their unspoken questions.

"Dustin?" Remington family members looked towards Dustin in surprise and suspicion.

They had always thought that Dustin was just a martial artist without any power or background. Now, it seemed that he wasn't as simple as they thought.

Facing the astonished and doubtful gazes, Dustin didn't explain anything. He picked up the head of Evander, placed it below the memorial tablet for Belinda, and lit three sticks of incense. He bowed deeply three times, murmuring, "Belinda, the killer has been avenged, and all those related will pay the price. I will protect your family, and they won't suffer. Rest in peace."

After the ritual, Dustin refocused and looked at Prudence. "Uncle Prudence, you may not believe in my abilities, but I will do my best to make amends. I will eradicate all threats to the Remington family. The death of Evander is just the beginning. Anyone with enmity towards the Remington family or harboring ill intentions will pay the price. Take care, and I'll take my leave."

Dustin bowed deeply again, and together with Scarlet Spanner, he boarded the helicopter and left the Remington family estate.

Watching the departing helicopters, the Remington family members looked at each other, not expecting the situation to end like this. The planned intimidation by Isabela and Victoria had turned into a chaotic confrontation with Dustin's unexpected involvement, followed by the arrival of Scarlet Spanner. In the end, they received the protection of the powerful Spanner family.

They never anticipated this outcome.

"Isabela and Victoria came to threaten and lure us. We were planning to compromise and hand over the formula. Unexpectedly, Dustin intervened, not only reprimanding the two women but also bringing Evander's head to mourn Belinda. Later, the Montgomery family's forces arrived, and just when we thought we were in deep trouble, Dustin brought Scarlet Spanner to the scene. All these events happened so suddenly, making our emotions fluctuate wildly."

In the end, Isabela and her group left, and the Remington family was under the protection of the Spanner family. It seemed like a fortunate turn of events.

But what surprised them even more was Dustin's relationship with Scarlet Spanner. For someone like Scarlet Spanner, who was highly regarded in the Dragonmarsh Empire, to call Dustin her brother, he must have an extraordinary background.

"Daughter, your judgment is excellent. Dustin is indeed a man with courage and abilities. Unfortunately, you can't be together anymore," Prudence said as he looked at Belinda's memorial tablet, shedding tears.

Although the Remington family had passed the crisis, the loss of their daughter was irreparable.

On the helicopter.

Dustin sat quietly, looking at the diminishing buildings below, his gaze becoming somewhat melancholic.

"Brother Logan, what do we do next?" Scarlet Spanner asked tentatively.

A while ago, as soon as she received the news from Dustin, she rushed over without hesitation. There was no reason or explanation needed. As long as Dustin needed help, she would lend a hand.

"Evander's death is troublesome. I shouldn't expose my identity for now. So, dealing with matters related to the Duskshire Royal Palace will still require your help," Dustin finally withdrew his gaze.

"No problem."

Chapter 1586 Wretched Child

Scarlet Spanner nodded and said, "Lord Eugene has many adopted sons and daughters, losing one or two doesn't matter. I'll personally pay a visit. If they resist, we can just go to war."

She had never accepted the title of the strongest war god for Ignatius. If given the chance, she would gladly have a showdown to see who was truly more powerful.

"Also, the Sterling and Torby families, these two big families, have been domineering and tyrannical. They need a profound lesson," Dustin calmly stated.

"That's even easier. Just investigate them, dig out their dark history, and then send them to jail," Scarlet Spanner suggested.

Dealing with the Sterling and Torby families for the Spanner family was a straightforward task. A simple command could make both families suffer.

This was the difference between an aristocratic family and a royal family. Despite the wealth of the aristocratic families, they were insignificant compared to the true power and influence of the royal family.

At night, in a private hospital.

Victoria was lying on a hospital bed, groaning in pain. Occasionally, she would cough up blood.

Scarlet Spanner's kick had caused internal injuries, and after some emergency treatment, she barely survived. However, her recovery seemed unlikely in the short term.

"That damned Scarlet Spanner! She went too far! I curse her to rot all over, festering with pus, turning into a hideous monster!" Victoria, in pain, couldn't help but curse.

"Shh, be careful what you say!" Isabela, sitting beside her, was startled and quickly gestured for her to be quiet. "Victoria, you can't say such things recklessly. If it reaches Scarlet Spanner's ears, we might be in even bigger trouble."

Scarlet Spanner, the war goddess of the Dragonmarsh Empire, and a member of the Spanner family, was not someone they could afford to offend.

Moreover, Scarlet Spanner was known for seeking revenge for any grievances, without any mercy.

"Why be afraid? There's no one else here. Can't I curse her a bit?" Victoria grumbled with resentment.

Despite her words, her voice unconsciously lowered.

"Be careful; walls have ears, and words have consequences," Isabela warned.

"Fine, if I can't curse Scarlet Spanner, then I'll curse Dustin! That's definitely allowed, right?" Victoria gritted her teeth. "That damned Dustin, he actually got me into this state. When I recover, I'll make him pay!"

"Victoria, things are different now. Dustin has the backing of Scarlet Spanner. If we move against him, it's too risky," Isabela shook her head.

Although she wanted to dismantle Dustin, she also had to consider the reality. With Scarlet Spanner protecting him, they couldn't afford to provoke him.

"But this is unacceptable! Are we just going to accept it?" Victoria was unwilling to accept this.

"Of course not!" Isabela suddenly lowered her voice. "Evander is the adopted son of Prince Eugene, and also the adopted brother of Ignatius. We can't let his death go in vain. If we report the situation truthfully, the Duskshire Royal Palace will naturally deal with Dustin."

"But... Dustin has Scarlet Spanner supporting him, won't she protect him?" Victoria was puzzled.

"Scarlet Spanner is at best just a normal friend of Dustin. I don't believe she would openly confront the Duskshire Royal Palace for the sake of a nobody like him," Isabela said confidently.

Everyone had their own value, and Dustin, without power or influence, was not worth the Spanner family going all out for.

"That makes sense."

Hearing this, Victoria's eyes lit up. "I'll call the Duskshire Royal Palace immediately. I'll exaggerate the situation and make Dustin suffer when the time comes!"

Saying that, she took out her phone, preparing to make the call.

However, before she could dial the number, her phone vibrated suddenly. It was a call from her father.

She instinctively answered, and a furious roar came through the phone.

"You wretched child! What have you done? Our Sterling family has been ruined by you!"

Chapter 1587 Sealed Off

The sudden roar through the phone left Victoria bewildered. Holding the phone, she was at a loss. "Dad, what's wrong? Is something happening at home?"

"You still have the nerve to ask? It's all the disaster you've brought upon us!" The roaring voice on the other end continued, "The authorities have dispatched a large number of troops. They not only sealed off all our family's assets but also arrested most of our key members. Now, the entire Sterling family is on the brink of collapse. If this continues, even I might end up in jail!"

"What? How could this happen? Our Sterling family is a large and influential business. Who has the capability to seal off our assets?" Victoria widened her eyes, unable to believe it.

The family's development had been going well, and with a wide network of connections, even in troubled times, it shouldn't have escalated to such a dire situation.

"What have you done yourself? Don't you know what you've gotten into? They specifically named you for arrest. You, this damned thing, who have you offended?" Feng's father yelled.

"I... I haven't offended anyone! What happened?" Victoria looked bewildered.

"Don't act innocent! I don't care who you've provoked, but you must beg for their forgiveness. Otherwise, the entire Sterling family will be finished. By then, I'll be the first one to deal with you!" Victoria's father was extremely furious.

After a round of yelling, he hung up the phone.

Holding her phone, Victoria cried with a mournful face, still not fully grasping the situation.

What on earth happened?

Why did such a calamity suddenly befall the family?

"What's going on?" Isabela, sitting next to her, was also bewildered.

Although she didn't know what had happened, she could hear the yelling on the other end of the phone.

"I... I don't know. My dad just said that the Sterling family has been sealed off by the authorities, and many important members have been arrested. The entire Sterling family is in jeopardy, and it might collapse at any moment." Victoria looked panicked.

"Sealed off? Arrested? Is it this serious?" Isabela frowned, finding it strange.

The Sterling family was one of The Elite Eight (eight major wealthy families), with great strength and extensive connections. To seal off the Sterling family's assets and arrest people would require someone with overwhelming power in Stonia, either a leader from the four major royal families or a member of the imperial family in the Forbidden City.

"Ding, ding, ding..."

At this moment, Isabela's phone suddenly rang.

Looking at the call from her father, she suddenly became a bit uneasy.

After hesitating for a moment, she chose to answer, "Hello, Dad, what's going on?"

"Isabela! Where are you? Hurry up and find a place to hide. There's big trouble at home!" Winston sounded extremely urgent.

"Big trouble? What happened?" Isabela became even more anxious.

"Just now, the authorities sent a large number of troops. They surrounded our Torby family, not only sealing off all our family's assets but also intending to arrest all the core members of the Torby family. The house is in chaos right now. Your mom and I took advantage of the chaos to run out. We don't know what to do yet. You hide well for now, and when things settle down, we'll contact you." Winston spoke in a hushed tone.

"Dad, what exactly is going on?" Isabela was getting worried.

Although the Torby family had experienced many ups and downs, it had never been to the extent of being raided like today. This was enough to prove that the Torby family was facing a tremendous crisis.

"I don't know the details. I only know this situation is severe. Old debts of our Torby family have been dug up, and now, it's arrests and chaos. Your mom and I managed to escape for now. Protect yourself, and I have something else to attend to. I'll hang up now," Winston quickly said before hanging up.

Now, like Victoria, she was left holding her phone, her face filled with alarm.

Chapter 1588 Elite Families in Chaos

She never imagined that the Torby family would fall to such a plight.

Parents fled in distress, the family on the brink of bankruptcy, a mighty mansion crumbled overnight.

She couldn't believe it, couldn't accept this outcome.

Once the family collapsed, her life of luxury would be gone forever.

The days of extravagance, a life of luxury, would become a thing of the past.

"Isabela, could it be that your family is also in trouble?" Victoria cautiously asked.

"Same as you, the authorities raided our home." Isabela's face was dark, and cold sweat kept coming out.

"Our Sterling family is in trouble, and your Torby family is being raided. Is there such a coincidence in the world?" Victoria frowned.

Within one night, two major wealthy families were raided simultaneously. It was evident that someone was meddling behind the scenes.

Who could it be?

Who would have such great power?

"Only the high-level members of the Sovereign Four Royal Bloodlines (four major royal families) can use the authorities to suppress both our families," Isabela pondered.

"You mean... the Torby family was targeted by the Spanner family?" Victoria quickly reacted.

They had been reprimanded by Scarlet Spanner not long ago, and the memory was still fresh.

She just didn't expect Scarlet Spanner to be so ruthless, directly pushing them to the brink of collapse.

"Eighty to ninety percent sure. Apart from the Spanner family, I can't think of anyone else." Isabela said in a low voice.

She believed she hadn't offended anyone. The only recent conflict was with Scarlet Spanner, thanks to the involvement of Dustin.

Moreover, given Scarlet Spanner's status and position, it was too easy for her to bring down both The Torby and Sterling families.

"Oh no... if it's the Spanner family's suppression, won't we be finished?" Victoria instantly panicked.

The Spanner family was the leader among the Sovereign Four Royal Bloodlines, a unique existence.

Dealing with them would be a piece of cake.

"We underestimated Dustin. It seems this guy has a close relationship with Scarlet Spanner; otherwise, the Spanner family wouldn't have intervened so forcefully." Isabela gritted her teeth.

She hadn't taken Dustin's threats seriously before.

Now that the Torby family had been raided, and most of the family members had been arrested, she realized the seriousness of the problem.

If this continued, the Torby family would sooner or later be ruined.

"Isabela, what should we do now?" Victoria said with a mournful face, "Should we apologize to Dustin? As long as we request his forgiveness and compensate him with some money, perhaps we can turn the tide."

"Apologize?" Isabela's face turned cold, "Should we, the daughters of grandeur, apologize to a smelly loser? If this spreads out, what dignity will we have to meet people?"

She remembered clearly the conditions Dustin had set: three days and three nights of repentance in front of Belinda's shrine and contributing half of their family assets.

Such outrageous demands were naturally unacceptable to her.

"No apology. What else can we do?" Victoria said with a bitter face, "Should we just watch our family collapse? I don't want to face that."

"We can't apologize. What else can we do?" Isabela's face was stern, "If we fear him, he will become even more arrogant. He's just playing with us. The more we fear, the more brazen he becomes!"

"But..."

"Nothing but!" Isabela interrupted Victoria harshly, "We haven't reached the point of no return. Even if it's the suppression of the Spanner family, we still have a chance to turn the tables!"

Chapter 1589 Show of Support

"What chance to turn the tables?"

Victoria perked up as soon as she heard this.

With the troubles looming over both the Sterling and Torby families, who else could save them?

"Although the Spanner family is powerful, they don't rule the world. Among the Sovereign Four Royal Bloodlines, isn't there the Montgomery royal family that can stand up to them?"

Isabela said seriously, "You have to understand, even though the Spanner family is strong, Montgomery royal family can still compete with them. Remember, when Dustin killed Evander, even with the support of the Spanner family, the Duskshire Royal Palace won't just sit back. So, we can align ourselves with the Duskshire Royal Palace and turn the tables on Dustin. It's a win-win!"

"That's a great idea!" Victoria's face lit up with joy.

She couldn't believe she hadn't thought of that before. Despite the pressure from the Spanner family, they still had the Duskshire Royal Palace backing them, offering a chance for redemption.

"Victoria, I'll call Miss Dahlia right away and ask her to figure out a way to help us get through this crisis."

Victoria picked up her phone, ready to dial, but Isabela stopped her, "Wait! Calling Miss Dahlia might not be useful. Even though she's the adopted daughter of the Prince of Duskshire, she's still not as influential as Scarlet."

"If not Miss Dahlia, then who else can we turn to?" Victoria was puzzled.

"The best person to seek help from is the Jade-faced War God, Lord Ignatius!"

Isabela analyzed, "Since Lord Ignatius returned to the Duskshire Royal Palace, the whole situation has changed. Those who used to bow to Dahlia now support Ignatius, including Evander. I heard that today, Dustin killed Evander in front of Lord Ignatius. Such audacity is like slapping Lord Ignatius in the face."

"The dignified Jade-faced War God has never been so humiliated before. I believe Lord Ignatius is itching to take down Dustin. If we show our support and help Lord Ignatius catch Dustin, it will be a significant achievement. The pressure from the Spanner family will naturally ease!"

Hearing this, Victoria nodded repeatedly, expressing agreement, "You're right, Victoria. You've thought this through."

Admittingly, since Ignatius's return, Dahlia 's status seemed to have diminished. The main reason was Ignatius's high position and military power, which rivaled Scarlet's achievements.

In fact, it surpassed them.

Only such a prominent figure could help them out of this predicament.

"Don't get too excited yet. We don't have much connection with Lord Ignatius. He won't help us for nothing. We must show our value," Isabela said.

"Value? What value?" Victoria was puzzled and then joked, "Victoria, you're not suggesting we sell our looks, are you?"

"What nonsense is that?"

Isabela scowled, "Someone like the Jade-faced War God won't be swayed by charm."

She thought of offering herself, but the problem was, Lord Ignatius might not be interested. There were countless noble ladies who tried to flatter him daily, including some renowned beauties, but none succeeded.

To reach the position of a war god, one needed extraordinary composure.

"If it's not selling our looks, then what value can we provide?" Victoria wondered.

"Firstly, both our Torby and Sterling families are prestigious. We have abundant resources. As long as Lord Ignatius helps us through this difficulty, we promise to become vassals of the Duskshire Royal Palace. This means losing some benefits, but gaining a significant ally.

Secondly, we know Dustin's weaknesses and details. By utilizing this information, we can help Lord Ignatius eliminate this thorn in his side. That's our value!" Isabela explained.

"Makes sense, makes sense." Victoria nodded repeatedly and added, "No time to waste, let's go find Lord Ignatius now!"

"But your injury..." Isabela hesitated.

Chapter 1590 Background Check Report

"Don't worry; I can't die for now. With such a big thing happening, I can't properly recuperate here. I'll come over in a wheelchair; it'll be more sincere." Victoria said.

"Alright, let's go to Emerald Estate then."

Isabela didn't try to persuade her further and immediately called for someone to bring a wheelchair to lift Victoria onto it. Then, the two of them sat in the car and rushed to Emerald Estate.

Late at night.

In the Emerald Estate.

Ignatius sat in the study, looking at the documents in his hand with a somewhat serious expression.

Since Dustin caused a commotion in the Emerald Estate during the day, he immediately mobilized all resources to secretly investigate the identity of the other party.

In half a day, there were already results.

The information showed that Dustin came from Swinston, and he had a previous marriage with Dahlia.

Initially, Dustin was an ordinary person, just having some knowledge of medicine.

However, after the divorce, Dustin seemed to have changed. He began to rise rapidly.

He dabbled in medicine, martial arts, and business, excelling in each of them.

Especially in martial arts, he had a record of killing the leader of the Balermo Martial Arts Alliance.

However, the strange thing was that this person did not like fame or fortune. He was not arrogant like a young person.

Although he rose rapidly, he remained extremely low-key, never revealing his identity.

If not for the use of special agencies, it would be impossible to find these related materials.

"Strange... it's really strange."

Looking at Dustin's photo, Ignatius squinted his eyes, lost in thought.

"Does the lord have anything in mind?" A confidant standing by asked tentatively.

"Dustin is like appearing out of thin air. Before the divorce, he was silent and unremarkable. After the divorce, he seems to have broken through, becoming a powerful martial arts master. His rapid rise is too strange." Ignatius lightly tapped the desk, seemingly asking for opinions, yet also contemplating.

"Does the lord mean... that there is something missing in this information?"

"Exactly." Ignatius said thoughtfully, "Dustin seems to have come out of nowhere. Before the divorce, he was always silent, but after the divorce, it's as if he opened a gate of a vast internal energy of his body, becoming unstoppable and turning into a formidable martial arts master. Everything before and after is too strange."

"Master, do you mean... that ten years ago, there was something we don't know about? What was Dustin doing?" The confidant asked.

"Ten years ago?" The confidant was taken aback, "Master, now that you mention it, I remember. The information about this person ten years ago is all blank, as if he didn't exist."

"Doesn't exist? How is that possible?"

Ignatius frowned, "Dragonmarsh's official intelligence agency should be able to investigate anyone's background. Unless... this person's identity is too important, and all the information files were destroyed!"

"Impossible?"

The confidant was a little shocked, "Master, even if we look at the entire Dragonmarsh Empire, there are only a few people who can order the destruction of files by the authorities, and each one is a peerless figure. Ten years ago, Dustin was only fifteen years old; how could he have such power?"

"It might not be someone else." Ignatius's eyes suddenly became fiery.

"Who?" The confidant asked.

"Rhys family's Kirin son—Logan Rhys!"

Last edited:
Chapter 1591 Suspicious Connections

"Logan Rhys?"

Upon hearing this, the confidant widened his eyes, "How is that possible? Isn't he already dead?"

"Logan is just missing, not confirmed dead. At least, so far, there hasn't been a complete body found." Ignatius looked serious.

The turmoil ten years ago happened too suddenly and ended too abruptly.

As the highly anticipated Logan disappeared mysteriously after that night, the authorities only found a body that was suspected to be his. However, this body was already burnt, making it impossible to identify. Still, due to the official announcement, many people believed it.

Only the truly smart ones would understand that there were too many suspicious points, and the story didn't hold up to scrutiny.

Now, with the passage of time, there has been no news about Logan's whereabouts, and everyone gradually accepted this result.

The reason he thought of it was that Dustin seemed oddly familiar.

Not only was he talented and powerful, but he also shared the same surname, Rhys, as Logan Rhys.

All these signs, when connected, made him suspicious.

"If Logan Rhys didn't die, he should have returned to the West Lucozia King’s Palace. Why has there been no movement there?" The confidant was a bit puzzled.

The West Lucozia King’s Palace was very conspicuous, and the authorities frequently sent people to monitor it secretly. If there were any abnormalities, it should have quickly spread back to Stonia.

But now, there was no relevant information from all sides.

Although Ignatius was known as the pride of heaven and the strongest war god, there was still an obstacle in his life—the Kirin son, Logan Rhys.

Ten years ago, when Logan Rhys was famous in Stonia, he had challenged him and ended up miserably defeated.

For him, it was an enormous blow and an indelible heart demon.

He had been hoping for a chance to openly fight with him again, to wipe away the shame.

If Dustin was really Logan Rhys, then his chance for revenge had finally arrived.

"Lord, what should we do now?" The confidant asked tentatively.

"Investigate more carefully and confirm his identity first." Ignatius looked serious. "I remember that Logan Rhys had a unicorn tattoo on his body. This is the symbol of being the Kirin son. You find someone to check and see if Dustin has it on him."

"Understood, I'll arrange it immediately."

The confidant nodded and then asked, "Lord, in case this Dustin is really Logan Rhys, what should we do?"

"The West Lucozia King’s Palace is a parasite of the empire. Logan, as the eldest son of the West Lucozia, is undoubtedly a great threat to the country. We have the responsibility to eliminate harm for the country." A cold light flashed in Ignatius's eyes.

Both publicly and privately, he didn't want Logan Rhys to live in this world.

"Lord, the identity of Logan Rhys is too sensitive. If we take action, it will be very troublesome afterward." The confidant reminded.

The West Lucozia King’s Palace was not a soft persimmon. Once they knew that Logan Rhys died in the hands of the Duskshire Royal Palace, they would undoubtedly raise an army for revenge.

Given the current strength of the Duskshire Royal Palace, confronting those barbarians from the West Lucozia King’s Palace would be very difficult.

"This indeed needs careful consideration; we need to find a scapegoat." Ignatius began to ponder carefully.

Now that Logan hasn't publicly revealed his identity, it is a good opportunity to strike. Once the opponent fully exposes himself, the West Lucozia King’s Palace will undoubtedly send experts to protect him.

By then, it would be too late.

"Report!"

At this moment, a guard suddenly entered briskly, saying loudly, "Lord, Isabela and Victoria from The Torby and Sterling families are visiting, claiming to have urgent matters to discuss."

"Isabela? Victoria? What are they here for? Tell them to leave." Ignatius was a bit impatient.

Every day there were always some women trying to flatter him in various ways, and he was already tired of it.

Chapter 1592 The Willing Vassals

"Lord, they say they can help you deal with the murderer who killed Evander and hope you give them a chance to meet you." The guard explained.

"Oh? Is that so?"

Ignatius raised an eyebrow, pondered for a moment, and finally nodded, "Alright, let them in."

"Yes!"

The guard acknowledged and left quickly.

Soon, two people were brought in, Isabela and Victoria.

Isabela seemed fine, just with slightly swollen cheeks.

Victoria looked a bit miserable, with a pale face, a weak spirit, and struggling to move in the wheelchair. She occasionally coughed, looking very frail.

"Greetings to Lord Ignatius War God!"

As they saw Ignatius, Isabela immediately knelt and saluted, showing great respect.

Victoria struggled to get off the wheelchair but was stopped by Ignatius, "Enough, no need for excessive courtesy, please rise."

"Thank you, Lord War God."

Isabela stood up promptly, lowering her head submissively.

On the contrary, Victoria would sneak a glance at Ignatius from time to time, her heart fluttering like a little deer.

Indeed, he was one of the Four Young Masters of Stonia, handsome and elegant.

He was even more good-looking in person than in photos.

Being handsome was one thing, but being in a high position and holding great power made him a perfect man.

If she could marry such a man, she would wake up laughing even if it were a dream.

"Speak, why have you come to see me?" Ignatius spoke in a calm tone.

"Lord, we heard that Dustin caused a big scene in the Emerald Estate today, and even killed Evander openly. We are deeply angry about this, so we intend to help you eliminate this trouble." Isabela got straight to the point.

She was well aware that in front of such a big figure like Ignatius, any pretense would be in vain. It was better to be honest, and perhaps they could persuade him.

"I appreciate your good intentions, but the question is, what ability do you have to help me?" Ignatius asked in return.

"We know Dustin inside out, and we are well aware of his weaknesses. With a little trick from us, we can lure Dustin into a trap. By then, as long as Lord sets up troops and horses, we can easily capture this villain." Isabela said confidently.

"That sounds good, but why do you want to help me?" Ignatius asked calmly.

"To be honest, we have a deep-seated hatred with Dustin. He used the power of the Spanner family to suppress both our Torby family and Sterling family. We've been restless, and we hate him to the bone. Such a scoundrel, we would like to skin him alive and pull out his tendons!" Isabela expressed her resentment.

"So, you plan to use my hands to get revenge and, at the same time, resist the oppression from the Spanner family? Is that right?" Ignatius raised an eyebrow with a hint of a smile.

"You have a common enemy with us. If we cooperate, it will be beneficial for all of us." Isabela tried to explain.

"Cooperate?"

Ignatius raised his eyebrows, "What can you provide me? Why should I cooperate with you?"

"Lord, as long as you help our two families get through this difficult time, from then on, we will be at your service, always respecting and serving you." Isabela kowtowed again with respect.

"Yes, yes! We are willing to be your vassals." Victoria nodded repeatedly.

"Good! Since you are so sincere, I will help you once. You must help me deal with Dustin." Ignatius said.

"No problem! We will definitely help you eliminate this trouble!" Isabela and Victoria were overjoyed.

"Next, let's discuss how to invite him into the trap." Ignatius smiled, but his eyes were cold, as if he were looking at two dead people.

Just a moment ago, he was still worrying about where to find a suitable scapegoat.

Unexpectedly, two people delivered themselves to him. It was indeed wonderful!

Chapter 1593 Setting up the Trap

The night passed quickly.

The next day, in the morning.

Suddenly, Dustin received a call from Isabela.

"Hey, Dustin, we'd like to talk to you. Can you come out and meet us?" Isabela's tone was very gentle.

"There's nothing for us to talk about. Everything is your own doing," Dustin said coldly.

"Dustin, I know I was wrong. I regret my choices back then. Give me a chance to make amends, please?" Isabela pleaded.

"Give you a chance? What about Belinda? She did nothing wrong, but you caused her death. Did you give her a chance?" Dustin said expressionlessly.

"You misunderstood. Belinda's death has nothing to do with us. I swear I didn't know at first," Isabela said seriously.

"Do you think I'll believe that? You and Evander are birds of the same feather," Dustin said, his face cold.

Dustin had already experienced Isabela's deceitful and selfish nature. If not forced into a corner, she wouldn't have softened.

"Dustin, I know you doubt me, but I'm truly innocent. To prove my innocence, I've found the real culprit. In fact, besides Evander, there's someone else directly related to Belinda's death," Isabela said mysteriously.

"Really? Who is it?" Dustin raised an eyebrow.

"If you want to know, come to the Majestic Spirits Haven tonight. Let's talk face to face and clear up the misunderstanding. I'll be waiting for you," Isabela said and quickly hung up.

Dustin held his phone, slightly frowning.

Belinda's death weighed heavily on him. If there was another culprit, he couldn't let it go.

The question now was whether Isabela was lying.

Was she sincerely repentant, or was this a deliberate setup for something sinister?

Without much hesitation, Dustin decided to go to the appointment.

The Torby family and Sterling family were on the verge of bankruptcy. If Isabela sincerely apologized, there might be a slim chance for them. But if she played any tricks, it would be a dead end.

Eight o'clock in the evening, in the Emberhold (Inner City), Majestic Spirits Haven.

The Majestic Spirits Haven was well-known in Stonia, more like an ancient hotel than other restaurant. It had three floors, all designed in ancient style.

The first floor for dining, the second for entertainment, and the third for accommodation.

People in the Majestic Spirits Haven were carefully selected, featuring handsome men and beautiful women of all kinds. As long as you could afford it, seeing celebrities and models here was not uncommon.

Due to its unique characteristics, many high-ranking officials liked to come here for entertainment. The Majestic Spirits Haven didn't comply with legal regulations, but exceptions were made because it belonged to the World Society and was a lucrative business.

At this moment, on the first floor of the Majestic Spirits Haven.

Isabela and Victoria sat in a private room, occasionally glancing at the door as if waiting for someone.

"Isabela, are you sure Dustin will come? We've been waiting for an hour, and there's no sign of him," Victoria said nervously.

They had made a pledge in front of Ignatius. If they couldn't handle Dustin, they would have no way out.

"Don't worry, Dustin will definitely come."

Isabela said confidently, "He values loyalty the most. For the sake of avenging Belinda, he'll do anything. Even if he suspects something, he won't back down. Let's wait a little longer; he should be here soon."

Chapter 1594 Stunned by a Beauty

After spending some time with him, she had come to understand Dustin quite well. Leaving aside everything else, when it came to treating friends, he was almost impeccable.

"Look! He's here!"

At that moment, Victoria seemed to have spotted something, pointing towards the entrance.

Isabela followed her gaze and indeed saw Dustin, dressed in white, calmly walking in.

To their delight, he came alone, without any companions. This would make it easier for them to implement their plan.

"Dustin, you've come? Please, have a seat."

As Dustin approached, Isabela immediately stood up to greet him with a smile, as if they were old friends reuniting.

Dustin, on the other hand, was not courteous. He simply sat down and said, "I'm here. What do you want to say?"

"No need to rush. Let's have some hot tea first and chat slowly."

Isabela wore a pleasing smile and, as she spoke, poured a cup of fragrant tea for Dustin.

Dustin remained seated, unmoved.

"Aren't you worried I might have poisoned it? To prove my innocence, I'll drink first."

Isabela reacted quickly, pouring herself a cup of tea and downing it.

"I'll drink too!"

Victoria, not wanting to be outdone, also drank a cup of tea.

They naturally disdained such crude tricks as poisoning. Moreover, experts like Dustin could easily detect any anomalies in the drinks.

"How is it? Any problems?"

Isabela smiled and said, "Dustin, we've always gotten along well. I hope we can continue to be friends."

"Yeah, being friends is good. The more friends, the more paths open up," Victoria nodded in agreement.

"Just being acquaintance is enough. I can't afford to associate with both of you."

Dustin said coldly.

"Dustin, give us a chance, okay? We truly regret our mistakes. Please, spare us," Isabela pleaded, feigning weakness.

"Before discussing any conditions with me, you need to show sincerity first."

Dustin remained expressionless.

Trying to absolve themselves of guilt in just a few words was too cheap.

"If sincerity is what you want, fine!"

Isabela nodded and then raised her hand, clapping.

The next moment, a red ribbon suddenly descended from the top of the Majestic Spirits Haven.

Following closely, from the third floor, a striking figure in fiery red leaped out.

In mid-air, she grabbed the red ribbon with one hand and gracefully descended.

She was a beautiful woman dressed in red ancient attire, a vermilion mark on her forehead. Her two delicate and flawless jade feet were like precious gems.

The red-clad woman had a calm expression, yet there was a peculiar allure in her eyes, combining the ethereal charm of a fairy with the seductive beauty of a fox spirit.

The moment she appeared, she captured the attention of everyone in the room.

Upstairs and downstairs, a commotion erupted.

Men were left dumbfounded, their eyes shining as if their souls had been captivated.

Even Dustin, with his exceptional composure, couldn't help but be slightly stunned at the sight of the woman in red.

Chapter 1595 The Velvet Enchantress

Gotta admit, the lady in red is really pretty, like top-tier beauty.

It's not just about looks, it's that unique vibe, all mystical and tempting, easily enchanting.

"Is it some kind of charm?"

After a brief pause, Dustin quickly caught on.

As the lady in red descended, there was a faint fragrance around her. Anyone who smelled it couldn't help but get lost in it.

Of course, that's just a side note.

The real deal with the lady in red is her eyes.

As her gaze flows, there's a faint white light, carrying a bewitching magic.

This is a kind of skill from the martial world, a charm.

Clearly, the lady in red is no ordinary person.

"It's The Velvet Enchantress! The Velvet Enchantress is here!"

"No wonder she's in the top ten of the Beauty Index, truly breathtaking!"

"If I could spend a night with The Velvet Enchantress, it'd be worth it even if I died!"

"The Velvet Enchantress is the star of Majestic Spirits Haven, selling talent, not herself. Many rich folks have thrown fortunes, but couldn't get close. Don't even dream about it."

"..."

Watching the lady in red descend from the sky, everyone was amazed.

Regardless of gender, at this moment, all eyes were fixed.

The business of Majestic Spirits Haven is hot, largely because of The Velvet Enchantress.

As the top performer of Majestic Spirits Haven, every appearance of The Velvet Enchantress causes a sensation.

There are rumors that whoever passes The Velvet Enchantress's test can have a very hot and passionate night for free.

However, no one has achieved it so far.

Firstly, to qualify for the test, you must spend a huge sum to stand out among many rich folks.

Then, The Velvet Enchantress sets the challenge, and you have to pass it.

The crucial thing is that this opportunity comes only once a month, very rare.

Plus, each test is different, so over the years, no one has won the favor of The Velvet Enchantress.

Of course, there have been some high-ranking officials who had evil intentions and chose to use force, only to end up dead on the streets the next day.

Later, people found out that Majestic Spirits Haven was backed by the World Society.

And The Velvet Enchantress is the most talented person in the World Society, the sister of Vincent Chambers.

Vincent Chambers, one of Stonia’s Valiant Four Sovereign War Gods, the young master of the World Society.

He is as famous as the War God Adam Spanner, the Jade-faced War God Ignatius Montgomery, and the Nolan Fitzgerald, the master of the Gleanstead (the Sword sect).

Even the royal relatives and nobles have to show respect.

Who dares to provoke such a top-notch genius?

"Dustin, how about it? Have we shown enough sincerity?"

Isabela smiled meaningfully. "The Velvet Enchantress is the top-tier talent of Majestic Spirits Haven, rarely appearing in public. For you, we spent a lot of money to bring her out. As long as you can pass her test, you can take the beauty home."

"Exactly!" Victoria smirked. "The Velvet Enchantress is a goddess that countless men dream of. If you have the luck to get close, it's a huge honor."

In their eyes, every cat steals a little fish.

A man's weakness is always a woman, especially a gentle and charming one like her.

With The Velvet Enchantress's looks and charm, they believed no man could resist.

"What do you take me for? I'm here to talk business, and you pull off this act? Is that interesting?" Dustin said with a cold face.

"How about it? Don't like it?" Isabela was surprised, looking a bit unexpected.

"When I talk about sincerity, I mean the person behind the plot against Belinda, not these romantic entanglements!" Dustin was getting impatient.

Chapter 1596 Charm: Activated

What kind of beauty hasn't he seen? How could he be captivated by such a simple charm?

Do they really think he only thinks with the lower half of his body?

"Sir, why so angry?"

After landing, The Velvet Enchantress approached gracefully, a charming smile on her face. She walked to Dustin's side, extended her delicate hand, poured two glasses of wine, and said, "Guests are welcome. It's an honor for The Velvet Enchantress that you've graced Majestic Spirits Haven. Let me toast to you first."

With that, she lifted the glass on the table and downed it in one go.

"You're too kind."

Dustin remained expressionless, politely taking a sip of the wine.

"Sir, Miss Isabela and I are friends. I heard there might be some misunderstanding between you two. If the sir can overlook the past, this young lady would be truly grateful," The Velvet Enchantress said with a smile.

"Miss Chambers, the grievances among us few have nothing to do with you. Stay out of it; it won't benefit you," Dustin replied indifferently.

"Seeing the sir's talent, he must have extraordinary tolerance. Why bother with trivial matters with two ladies? If the sir can give The Velvet Enchantress a favor today, The Velvet Enchantress will surely repay double in the future," The Velvet Enchantress's smile deepened.

As she spoke, the white light in her eyes suddenly brightened.

The fragrance around her seemed stronger.

Her entire presence became more enticing, more alluring, like a fox spirit guarding herself.

This was the phenomenon when she activated her charm.

Once deployed, no man could resist, and if exposed for a long time, those with weak wills might be mentally confused and obedient to her.

This move of hers was foolproof.

"Miss Chambers, I can't give you that favor."

Dustin remained unfazed, coldly stating, "Also, you better put away your charm. It's useless on me, and it's disrespectful. Show some self-respect!"

The last three words suddenly increased in volume, striking The Velvet Enchantress's heart like a tolling bell.

"Huh?"

The Velvet Enchantress shivered, as if struck by lightning. The white light in her eyes instantly disappeared.

Her entire face carried an expression of disbelief.

She never expected Dustin to be so powerful, not only seeing through her tricks but also breaking her charm with just a sentence.

Who was this person in front of her?

"I didn't expect the sir to be such an expert. I just made a fool of myself. Please forgive me, sir."

The Velvet Enchantress took a deep breath, quickly restoring her smile. The enchanting aura around her gradually disappeared, returning to normal bit by bit.

"Miss Chambers, as good as charm is, it shouldn't be overused, or you might end up burning yourself."

Dustin said calmly, "Thank you for the reminder, sir."

The Velvet Enchantress made a polite gesture and then looked at Isabela and Victoria, saying, "Miss Isabela, Miss Victoria, this sir is a master. I can't help you with your affairs. I'm sorry."

"Oh, this..."

Isabela and Victoria looked at each other, a bit at a loss.

They had planned for The Velvet Enchantress to enchant Dustin first and then use their methods for a higher chance of success.

Unexpectedly, the plan failed right from the start.

"Miss Isabela, you two can stay here. I'll take my leave."

The Velvet Enchantress smiled apologetically and turned to leave.

Since charm was ineffective, there was nothing she could help with here.

"Isabela, if you have any tricks left, use them now. I want to see what else you can do," Dustin said coldly.

"Don't... don't misunderstand. We just hope you can relax a bit here. No ill intentions," Isabela forced a smile.

"Now that I've relaxed, can we get to the point?" Dustin's gaze turned unfriendly.

"Of course, of course."

Isabela glanced at the time on her phone and then handed over a key. "This is room number four on the top floor of Majestic Spirits Haven. The culprit you're looking for is inside. Go in and you'll know who it is."

Chapter 1597 Room No. 4

Dustin glanced at the key on the table and said with a meaningful tone, "Why make it so mysterious? Is there some conspiracy going on?"

"What are you saying? We are just two weak women. What conspiracy could we have?" Isabela forced a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, we sincerely repent and have no ulterior motives. If not, may thunder strike us!" Victoria directly swore, pulling out all the stops to convince Dustin.

Upon hearing this, Isabela's eyes twitched, wishing she could give Victoria a slap.

If you want thunder to strike you, don't damn well drag me into it.

"Since there's no conspiracy or ulterior motive, then accompany me on a little trip." Dustin said indifferently.

"Oh, this..."

Isabela's expression froze, she glanced at Victoria, and quickly explained, "Victoria is in a wheelchair, not convenient to move. I have to stay here to take care of her. Besides, the criminal is extremely dangerous. It's too risky for us weak women to go up there."

"Exactly, too dangerous and inconvenient." Victoria nodded in agreement.

Seeing the two in a fluster, Dustin didn't expose them but took out a bottle of medicine, placing it on the table. He said coldly, "To be honest, I don't trust you. As a precaution, both of you need to drink this poison. If something happens to me upstairs, you two will also be buried with me."

"What?"

As soon as this was said, the two stiffened, cold sweat breaking out.

Already guilty, they now found themselves in a panic.

They didn't expect Dustin to make such a demand.

"Dustin, is this necessary? Can't we just wait downstairs? Drinking poison is terrifying!" Isabela swallowed hard.

"Yeah, I'm in a wheelchair; where can I go?" Victoria forced a smile.

"What? Afraid to drink? Or feeling guilty?" Dustin looked skeptical. "If you don't drink, I can't trust you, and there's no need to discuss other conditions."

Upon hearing this, the two exchanged glances and reluctantly nodded.

"Fine! To show our sincerity, we'll drink it!" Isabela gritted her teeth.

You can't catch the tiger without entering the tiger's den.

If they didn't drink this poison today, it seemed impossible to bluff their way through.

As for what happens next, they'll deal with it later. With so many divine doctors in Stonia, detoxifying shouldn't be a problem.

Isabela took a deep breath and finally picked up the medicine bottle, taking a gulp.

After drinking, she handed the bottle to Victoria.

"Do you really want to drink it?" Victoria made a mournful face.

If she had known this situation, she wouldn't have come along.

"Drink! We're completely justified!" Isabela signaled with her eyes.

"Alright..." Victoria sighed in resignation, taking a sip of the poison.

"Very well, it seems you two are really committed." Dustin smirked coldly.

With that, he picked up the key and walked straight upstairs.

On the third floor, Room No.4, there were only two possibilities.

Either, as Isabela said, it was the hiding place of the culprit, or it was a trap set by the other party.

Of course, whether it was good or bad, he had to go and find out.

He wanted to see what kind of tricks the other party could play.

The third floor of Majestic Spirits Haven was specifically for accommodation.

After enjoying themselves, the wealthy would find a handsome man or a beautiful woman in Majestic Spirits Haven and go to the third floor to conduct their business.

The rooms on the third floor had good soundproofing, and the arrangements were quite discreet.

For some distinguished guests, to avoid being discovered by outsiders, there were even specially designed secret passages.

Dustin walked slowly to the third floor and then flashed the number card on the key in front of the door's bodyguard.

"Sir, please come in."

The bodyguard took a closer look, immediately showing a respectful expression, and personally led Dustin inside.

The third floor of Majestic Spirits Haven had four sections: Heaven, Earth, Black, and Yellow. Among them, the rooms with the Heaven designation were the most prestigious, and ordinary wealthy individuals had no qualification to enter.

Chapter 1598 Heaven?

Only those with real power and influence could stay in a room designated as "Heaven."

"Sir, your room is here. I wish you a pleasant stay."

After the bodyguard led Dustin to Room No.4 with the Heaven designation, he quickly excused himself and left.

Dustin walked to the door and lightly knocked, but there was no response from inside.

Upon careful sensing, it seemed that there was no danger.

At least, he didn't detect any killing intent.

"Click!"

Dustin used the key to open the door and walked in.

The room was scented with fragrance, with warm colors and a slightly romantic atmosphere.

Directly in front of the entrance was a set of sandalwood tables and chairs, with fine wine and snacks placed on top.

On the left partition, there was a layer of red gauze, filled with various adult items.

On the right partition, there was a layer of white gauze, with a bed and a wardrobe inside.

Dustin scanned the room left and right and quickly noticed that on the bed in the right partition, there seemed to be a person lying down.

However, this person was covered with a blanket, and it was impossible to see who it was.

"Who is the distinguished guest? Why not reveal yourself." Dustin spoke indifferently.

The person on the bed remained motionless, showing no reaction, as if they were asleep.

"Click!"

Dustin opened the door with the key and walked in directly.

The person on the bed did not move, and there was no response. It was as if they were sound asleep.

"Since you don't want to reveal yourself, don't blame me for being impolite."

Dustin didn't bother with unnecessary words, walked forward, and suddenly lifted the blanket.

However, the scene in front of him made him show a look of disbelief and shock.

Because he found that the person lying on the bed was none other than The Velvet Enchantress, completely naked!

The Velvet Enchantress had a graceful figure, her skin like snow, lying quietly on the bed like a perfect work of art.

For any man, it was a fatal temptation.

However, Dustin had no other thoughts at the moment.

Because The Velvet Enchantress was already dead!

At this moment, The Velvet Enchantress lay on her side, her body slightly curled up, and a short knife was inserted into her chest, clearly a fatal blow.

This was why The Velvet Enchantress hadn't made a sound before her death.

Most importantly, The Velvet Enchantress had only gone upstairs a few minutes earlier than him, and yet she had suffered such a tragic fate.

Who was the killer? And why did they do this?

Dustin frowned, searching the room with his eyes but found no abnormalities.

This indicated that the killer was quite skilled.

Wait a minute!

Something's not right!

At this moment, Dustin seemed to think of something. He turned around and was about to leave.

However, just as he reached the door, two flamboyantly dressed women suddenly burst in.

"Hey! Who are you? Why are you in The Velvet Enchantress's room?" one of the women questioned.

Before Dustin could explain, the two women's eyes had already swept toward the right partition.

When they saw The Velvet Enchantress's body, they were first stunned, and then they let out high-pitched screams.

"Ah—!"

"Murder! There's been a murder!"

The screams echoed, alarming the entire Majestic Spirits Haven. Numerous bodyguards rushed over, and guests who were eating, drinking, and having fun also gathered one after another.

It wasn't until this moment that Dustin finally confirmed that he had been set up.

Although he had mentally prepared for it, seeing the current result still couldn't suppress the anger in his heart.

Chapter 1599 Heinous Criminal

"Oh my goodness... You, you, you... You're the murderer! You dare to kill The Velvet Enchantress? It's absolutely heinous!"

"Someone, quickly, come and catch him!"

Two women from the Majestic Spirits Haven kept shouting and screaming, directly accusing Dustin of being the killer.

After their cries, a crowd quickly surrounded Dustin.

Eyes filled with anger and indignation.

The Velvet Enchantress was the star of the Majestic Spirits Haven, with countless admirers. Her sudden demise naturally elicited sympathy.

Of course, there was even more hatred towards the murderer.

"You have some nerve! How dare you commit a crime in the Majestic Spirits Haven? You're practically digging your own grave!"

"The Majestic Spirits Haven is an asset of the World Alliance, and The Velvet Enchantress is the sister of Vincent Chambers. You're in deep trouble, kid!"

"Kneel down and surrender immediately, or face ruthless consequences!"

The people surrounding Dustin were clamoring.

Their fierce expressions made it seem like they wanted to tear Dustin apart.

"I didn't kill her. When I entered, she was already dead," Dustin explained with a straight face.

"Nonsense! We only saw you in the room. If it's not you, who else could it be?"

"That's right! You killed The Velvet Enchantress, we saw it clearly!"

The two Majestic Spirits Haven women were full of sorrow and anger, not believing Dustin's words at all.

"Kid, you've been caught at the scene. Don't try to argue. If you're sensible, surrender immediately!"

"No more nonsense! This kid killed The Velvet Enchantress, a heinous crime. Let's get him together and avenge The Velvet Enchantress!"

Some admirers of The Velvet Enchantress, cursing and enraged, couldn't hold back their anger and rushed toward Dustin, trying to tear him apart.

"Boom!"

Dustin stomped his foot.

A powerful aura burst out from his body, sending everyone nearby flying, screaming in pain.

For a moment, the whole place was in shock.

Although the crowd was angry, at this moment, no one dared to approach easily.

Even a fool could see that Dustin was no ordinary person. With just one stomp, he sent a dozen people flying, undoubtedly a martial arts expert.

"Kid! Don't think you're impressive just because you can fight. Let me tell you, once the experts from the World Alliance arrive, they'll surely tear you apart!"

"That's right! Even if you're powerful, you can't contend with the World Alliance. You're doomed today!"

The crowd kept yelling, neither daring to approach nor willing to retreat.

Dustin glanced around and spotted Isabela and Victoria hiding in a corner on the ground floor, observing the situation.

Dustin didn't want to get entangled with the people around him. He jumped directly from the third floor to the first.

"Quick, let's go!"

Seeing the situation turning unfavorable, Isabela pushed Victoria's wheelchair, ready to make a run for it.

But as soon as they turned around, a figure appeared before them.

Dustin, who was just far away, had somehow appeared in front of them.

"Frame me? Is this the trick you guys came up with?"

Dustin spoke coldly, his eyes showing a hint of killing intent.

"No... it has nothing to do with us. We don't know anything," Isabela shook her head repeatedly.

"You gave me the key, and there was a dead person inside. You expect me to believe you didn't know? Do you think I'm that naive?" Dustin approached slowly.

"Dustin, I know it's hard for you to believe, but I really didn't lie. I never thought The Velvet Enchantress would die in there." Isabela looked anxious.

She was just following Ignatius's instructions, doing her best to lead Dustin into Room Number Four.

As for what was inside, she had no idea.

Initially, she only suspected that there might be martial arts experts or powerful traps in the room.

She just waited for Dustin to enter, equivalent to walking into a trap.

Chapter 1600 It's Murder

But she never expected that the so-called ambush was actually the corpse of The Velvet Enchantress!

You see, The Velvet Enchantress is none other than Vincent Chambers's sister.

With even a strand of hair harmed, Vincent Chambers would definitely not let it go. Everyone involved would face consequences.

Not only Dustin was in trouble, but they would also suffer.

Only at this moment did she realize that she had been manipulated by Ignatius.

Her existence was like a pawn that could be discarded at any time.

But at this moment, regret came too late.

She could only hold on and try to clear herself as much as possible.

"From what you're saying, this has nothing to do with you?" Dustin squinted.

"Indeed, it has nothing to do with us. We don't know anything," Isabela immediately shook her head.

"That's right, that's right. We're framed by someone. Please don't misunderstand," Victoria echoed.

"Alright, you say it has nothing to do with you. Then let me ask, who is it related to? Who instructed you to do this?" Dustin countered.

"This..."

Isabela's face froze, subconsciously glancing at Victoria.

The latter avoided eye contact, looking very guilty, unsure of how to respond.

"Not willing to speak? Or can't come up with a lie?"

A hint of fierceness flashed in Dustin's eyes. "I gave you a chance, but you didn't cherish it. Since that's the case, don't blame me for being ruthless."

With that, Dustin suddenly took action, grabbing Isabela by the neck and lifting her over his head.

"Ah!"

Isabela felt her breath stop, her pretty face instantly turning red, veins bulging on her forehead.

A wave of deathly fear spread throughout her body, causing her whole body to tremble uncontrollably.

"Dustin! Don't act recklessly! We..."

Seeing this, Victoria was about to threaten a few words when her neck suddenly tightened.

Dustin's other hand had already clasped her throat, lifting her up from the wheelchair.

"Both of you... deserve to die!"

Dustin held one in each hand, like squeezing baby chicks.

"Stop!!"

At this moment, a furious roar erupted at the door.

Following that, a group of warriors in sturdy attire, exuding powerful auras, rushed in aggressively.

From their attire, it was clear that these were elite members of the World Alliance.

"Kid! How dare you cause trouble in the Majestic Spirits Haven? Are you seeking death?!"

The leader, a man with a crew cut, shouted loudly.

"Who are you?" Dustin loosened his grip, letting both women fall heavily to the ground.

"Im Mr Calwell, a steward of the World Alliance. The Majestic Spirits Haven is under my jurisdiction. Anyone causing trouble here is disrespecting me and disrespecting the World Alliance!" The crew-cut man glared.

"Mr Caldwell, you've come at the right time. Something big has happened in our Majestic Spirits Haven!"

At this moment, a madam with heavy make-up hurriedly ran down from upstairs, looking extremely flustered.

"Madam, no need to panic. I've already stopped this kid from attacking. He's not giving me respect nor the World Alliance!" Mr Calwell dismissed it casually.

"It’s not a case of 'attacking', it's a case of 'murder'!"

The madam pointed at Dustin, her voice trembling. "He… he just committed murder in our Majestic Spirits Haven, killing our leading courtesan, The Velvet Enchantress!"

"What? The Velvet Enchantress is dead?!"

Hearing this, the crew-cut man was struck as if by lightning, standing frozen on the spot.

He thought it was just some trouble, never expecting it would involve loss of life, and the victim was The Velvet Enchantress.

The Velvet Enchantress was an important member of the World Alliance, with a status even higher than his.

Now, suddenly dead, it was likely to shake the entire World Alliance!

Last edited: