An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:

lvsuno

Reaction score
Jungal2000 I still appreciate your work. I'm reading just your translation. Keep on going. Even if people think that you're slow, you're not doing it to be paid but for simple charity. If someone don't want it, he (or she) is free to read it anywhere. Don't put pressure on Jungal2000 nobody is paying him.

BeefStocks=Gravy

Reaction score
Chapter 1391 Reduced to Ruins

"Hmm?"

Seeing the check being burned, Isabela's expression turned a bit ugly. She didn't expect Dustin to be so disrespectful, not only refusing but also burning the check. Wasn't this a blatant slap in the face?

"Hey! You, Dustin Rhys! What's your intention?" Dominic immediately became displeased and shouted, "Isabela is giving you money as a favor, and you don't know how to appreciate it!"

"Give me money, and I should accept it? Do you take me for a beggar?" Dustin sneered.

His impression of the Torby family had already become extremely negative. Whether it was Isabela's manipulation yesterday or the Torby family's attempt to repay kindness with enmity today, it had made him keenly aware of the saying "know people by their appearance but not their hearts."

"Hmph! Look at your character; what's the difference between you and a beggar?" Dominic scornfully said.

"If you dare to be disrespectful again, don't blame me for hitting you," Dustin's eyes turned cold.

"You—!"

Dominic was about to erupt, but he was restrained by Isabela, who raised her hand to stop him. She looked at Dustin quietly, her eyes gradually becoming cold.

As the eldest daughter of the Torby family, a wealthy young lady, she had never suffered any grievances wherever she went. She was willing to lower her attitude and give Dustin a chance to repent and apologize, which was already quite benevolent.

However, Dustin's ungrateful attitude was unbearable. He rejected her and behaved indifferently.

"Fine, if you don't consider me a friend, then we don't need to have any further contact," Isabela said, her eyes growing colder.

"Kid! Without Isabela's protection, do you really think you can continue to thrive in Stonia? You really don't know your place!" Dominic sneered.

Before this, he had tolerated Dustin because he was concerned about Isabela. Now that the two had fallen out, he didn't need to hold back anymore.

"Elijah, we express our sympathy for the fire at Healwell Clinic," Isabela looked at Elijah and said with feigned sincerity. "Seeing as you previously helped my grandfather, we, the Torby family, want to assist you this time."

"What do you mean by this, Miss Isabela?" Elijah frowned.

"Well, now that Healwell Clinic has turned into ruins, its past glory is gone forever," Isabela said with a serious tone. "Instead of lingering around this wasteland, I think it's better to sell it."

Elijah's expression became increasingly unpleasant as he listened.

"Considering the previous favor you showed my grandfather, I'm willing to purchase Healwell Clinic from you at market price to help you through this difficult time."

"After all, you're just hanging onto Healwell Clinic because of the fire!" Dominic chimed in.

"Sir Grantwood, please think about it carefully. The Torby family is willing to pay a fair price for Healwell Clinic. It's a token of our appreciation for your past kindness," Isabela added.

Elijah's face turned even worse.

He had initially suspected, but now he was certain that the fire at Healwell Clinic was related to these two.

"Sir Grantwood, you need to understand that I'm trying to help you," Isabela said with a solemn expression. "Healwell Clinic has been reduced to ruins, and it's no longer worth anything. I'm willing to purchase it at market price out of respect for you. I hope you can enjoy your retirement."

"Sir Grantwood, you're over 80 years old. You should rest and enjoy your life. With a large sum of money, you can live comfortably, eat well, and have fun every day. Why not?" Dominic persuaded.

"You... You people!"

Elijah's fingers trembled, and his face turned red with anger. These people first set fire to Healwell Clinic and then came to buy it at a low price, all while claiming that they were helping him. These people were truly despicable and shameless!

Chapter 1392 Best Choice

"Elijah, selling Healwell Clinic is your best choice, and apart from us, no one will buy it," Isabela advised softly.

The entire Willowbrook District was under the control of the Stratford and Torby families. Without their approval, who would dare to take over Healwell Clinic?

"I won't sell! I'd rather die than sell! You can't take away my Healwell Clinic!" Elijah shouted in frustration.

He had dedicated most of his life and poured countless efforts into building Healwell Clinic. How could he bear to sell it at a low price, especially to such unscrupulous people? Moreover, he could already foresee that once Healwell Clinic fell into their hands, it would become a money-making machine, completely tarnishing its reputation.

"Not selling?" Dominic sneered. "Elijah, you better think carefully before answering. Refusing us is not a wise choice."

"I've lived long enough, and I'm not afraid to die!" Elijah shouted with red eyes.

"Elijah, you're upright and fearless, and I admire that. But shouldn't you consider your family and descendants?" Dominic grinned.

This remark struck Elijah like a thunderbolt, leaving him sitting there dumbfounded.

Indeed, he was fearless and unyielding, but what about his family? What if something happened to them? These people dared to do anything, even murder and arson.

"Elijah, I remember you have a beautiful granddaughter, right? She's so young and should have a bright future. What if something unfortunate were to happen to her?" Dominic's tone was sinister.

"Thud!"

Elijah's legs went weak, and he slumped to the ground, his face ashen.

He was in despair.

He knew he couldn't compete with Dominic. Even if he resisted with all his might, it would be futile in the face of these powerful and influential figures. Furthermore, resisting might even lead to his own death.

This was the cruel reality.

No matter how he struggled, it was all in vain, and he could only compromise in the end.

He couldn't protect Healwell Clinic any longer.

"Oh dear, Elijah! Why did you fall? Quickly... quickly... get up!" Dominic ran over with feigned concern, helping Elijah up and patting the dust off his clothes. He smiled and said, "I was just joking with you. Why are you so nervous? Look at you, sweating all over. Is that necessary?"

Elijah's fists tightened, and his eyes flashed with anger, but in the end, he sighed deeply, his resignation evident in his loosening grip.

"Sir Grantwood, how have you considered our proposal? Will you sell or not?" Isabela showed a sincere expression. "You need to understand that I'm trying to help you."

"You don't understand how the world works. Selling Healwell Clinic is your best choice," Dominic added.

"I... I'll sell!" Elijah said humiliatedly.

"Hehe, that's more like it," Dominic smiled, looking like he was magnanimously giving Elijah a way out.

"Very well, this is the transfer contract. Sign your name and put your thumbprint on it, and you'll receive a sum of twenty million dollars. It will be enough for you and your family to live without worries," Isabela said.

Seeming to have expected this, Isabela took out a contract from her bag and handed it to Elijah.

Elijah accepted the contract with trembling hands. His hand shook slightly as he reached for the pen, and two tears slid down his face.

In the end, he couldn't resist the power of the elite.

He thought, "Enough... enough..."

Elijah heaved a long sigh and was about to sign the contract when a hand suddenly blocked the pen.

A calm voice sounded beside him, "Elijah, I'll take Healwell Clinic. I'll offer ten million more, making it thirty million!"

Chapter 1393 Challenge to the Aristocratic Families

"Thirty million?" As these words were spoken, everyone present was stunned. When they looked up, they realized that the person who had spoken was none other than Dustin.

"Kid, what did you just say?" Dominic tilted his head and began to doubt whether he had misheard.

Isabela frowned slightly, her expression clearly displeased.

"Elijah, I'm willing to offer thirty million to purchase Healwell Clinic," Dustin said seriously. "Furthermore, I can guarantee that Healwell Clinic will be rebuilt exactly as it was, and you will continue to be the chief resident physician in charge of all matters in the clinic."

Hearing this, Elijah was immediately struck dumb. He understood the implications of Dustin's words.

Rebuilding the clinic on the same site, maintaining his position, and continuing to do good deeds—all of this meant that whatever profits Healwell Clinic made in the future would no longer be associated with him. Compared to preserving the reputation of Healwell Clinic and safeguarding his own moral support, the money was insignificant.

"Young man, are you... serious?" Elijah asked with uncertainty.

"Of course," Dustin nodded. "Healwell Clinic has a long history of helping the needy and benefiting the common people. As a physician, I cannot stand by and watch this clinic become a tool for capitalists to make money. That's why I intend to preserve it. The question is, are you willing to sell?"

"I'm willing to sell, but..." Elijah hesitated, his gaze shifting towards Dominic and the others.

He didn't care about the money and could even give it to Dustin for free because he regarded Dustin as his successor. However, the problem was that Healwell Clinic had already attracted the attention of the Stratford and Torby families. If Elijah sold it to Dustin, it would be like betraying him and antagonizing both families.

"Young man! Are you two just putting on an act here?" Dominic sneered. "Look at your shabby clothes. What's the difference between you and a beggar? With your appearance, even if you sold everything you had, you couldn't come up with Thirty million. Who do you think you are to try to purchase Healwell Clinic?"

In Dominic's eyes, it was clear that Elijah and Dustin were deliberately acting to create a conflict. They were either trying to keep Healwell Clinic for themselves or manipulate prices.

"Never mind whether I'm worthy or not. What if I can produce thirty million? How about that?" Dustin provocatively asked.

"Hehe... if you can come up with the money, I'll willingly hand over Healwell Clinic to you, no strings attached. But the problem is, do you really have that much money?" Dominic chuckled disdainfully. "You're just a penniless nobody. Even if you sold both of your kidneys, would that be enough? I'll give you a million for each kidney. How about it?"

With that statement, Dominic and his companions burst into laughter, all directed at Dustin.

"Dustin, don't try to gain attention. Healwell Clinic is already destroyed. Handing it over to us for the aftermath is the wisest choice. You have no money, no capabilities—don't make a fool of yourself by opposing us," Isabela said coldly, her eyes filled with disdain.

In her eyes, Dustin was just a doctor. Where could he possibly get thirty million dollars? What right did he have to challenge the aristocratic families?

"Gaining attention?"

Chapter 1394 Fake Card?

Dustin shook his head and sneered without explaining further. Instead, he pulled out a red bank card from his pocket.

The front of the red card bore a golden dragon, exuding an imposing aura. The back of the card had two golden characters: Imperial Platinum Card.

"This is the Imperial Platinum Card from Dragoncrest Royal Bank. Only those with assets of over ten billion are eligible to possess it," Dustin explained.

"Furthermore, with just this card, you can withdraw fifty million cash from any bank in Dragonmarsh."

"Do you still think I can't afford to buy Healwell Clinic? Can I not produce Thirty million?" Dustin displayed the red card in his hand clearly, a hint of mockery on his face.

"What? Dragoncrest Royal Bank's Imperial Platinum Card?!" Upon seeing this, everyone present couldn't help but widen their eyes, appearing incredulous.

Dragoncrest Royal Bank was the largest bank in Dragonmarsh, backed by the national treasury. It had various levels of membership clients, ranging from regular customers, gold cardholders, platinum cardholders, black gold cardholders, diamond cardholders, to the highest level, Imperial Platinum Cardholders.

To become an Imperial Platinum Cardholder, one had to meet two minimum criteria: personal assets starting from ten billion and being an influential figure with significant social impact. This could include family heads of major aristocratic families, renowned philanthropists, or prominent national figures.

In other words, anyone who became a Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Cardholder stood at the top of the wealth pyramid, making money as easy as drinking water. However, the number of people in the entire country who could possess this Imperial Platinum Card was less than fifty, and they were all in the hands of major tycoons. They wouldn't be used unless absolutely necessary.

"How... how do you have a Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Card?" Dominic, even as a young master of a wealthy family, had only been able to obtain a black gold card. Compared to Dustin's Imperial Platinum Card, his card was several tiers lower.

He didn't understand why someone as seemingly penniless as Dustin would have such a prestigious item.

"Don't worry about how I got it. I just want you to know if I can produce Thirty million," Dustin said calmly without addressing the question of how he obtained the card.

Dominic's mouth twitched, and he was momentarily speechless. For a Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Cardholder, obtaining Thirty million was a trivial matter.

"No... that's impossible!" Suddenly, Isabela exclaimed, "With your status, how could you possibly have a Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Card? I believe this card must be fake!"

Upon hearing this, everyone else realized the possibility. How could an unknown person like Dustin possess such a prestigious card?

"Good grief! You nearly fooled me with your act!" Dominic scoffed. "I knew it, you're just a penniless guy. How could you possibly have an Imperial Platinum Card? It turns out you forged a fake card just to show off! You're shameless!"

"Please, open your eyes and take a closer look at the card's patterns, the embossment, and the anti-counterfeiting features. Everything is clearly authentic. How could it be fake?" Dustin retorted.

"Humph! With today's technology, forging a card is nothing. Your Imperial Platinum Card might look real, but I can easily spot the flaws. It's definitely a fake card!" Isabela stated with conviction. "Dustin, I can't believe you're like this. You have no abilities, and now you're resorting to deceitful methods to trick people. Do you know that forging a Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Card is a grave crime? Deceiving people like this is even worse. Once the relevant authorities find out, you'll spend a lifetime in prison!"

Chapter 1395 Healwell Clinic Sold

"What? A lifetime in prison?!" Hearing this, Elijah's expression changed drastically, and cold sweat broke out. He also had doubts about the authenticity of Dustin's Imperial Platinum Card, so after hearing Isabela's threat, he immediately panicked. He didn't want to jeopardize Dustin because of himself.

"Dustin, quickly put the card away, or it will be troublesome!" Elijah tugged at Dustin's sleeve and whispered.

As long as the fake Imperial Platinum Card was destroyed in time, they should be able to avoid trouble.

"Enough, Dustin!" Dominic said sternly. "You're daring enough! You dare to forge an Imperial Platinum Card. I think you're tired of living!"

"Dustin, I'm giving you a chance to change your ways. Just admit your mistake, burn this card, and leave here. I'll pretend that nothing happened," Isabela said with a hint of arrogance.

"Why should I admit my mistake? It's your own fault for not believing. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to go with me to Dragoncrest Royal Bank," Dustin replied calmly.

Dragoncrest Royal Bank Imperial Platinum Card was given to him by Thorian before he left, so it was definitely not fake.

"Dustin! You've gone too far!" Isabela's face darkened, and she exclaimed, "I've given you a chance to turn back. If you insist on being stubborn, don't blame me for turning hostile!"

"For my own good? Haha... that sounds really grating," Dustin sneered. "Isabela, don't you find yourself hypocritical? You're clearly causing harm, yet you act so self-righteous and put on the facade of a righteous crusader. It's nauseating."

"How dare you!" Isabela's face turned furious when she heard this. "Dustin, I've been patient and given you face, but you'd better not take advantage of it!"

"Young man! I order you to apologize to Miss Isabela right now, or don't blame me for being impolite!" Dominic shouted harshly.

"What? Are you going to use force? You're welcome to try." Dustin showed no fear.

"You little punk! You're asking for it!" Dominic was furious. Just as he was about to act, Isabela raised her hand to stop him and said in a low voice, "Wait a minute. There are too many people here, and openly using force would tarnish the reputation of our families."

"Do you mean to let him off the hook like this?" Dominic frowned, feeling unwilling.

"Stay calm; we must exercise patience to achieve great things," Isabela said calmly. "This is our territory in the Willowbrook District, and we have the final say here. Dealing with an unknown person should be easy. Alright, for your sake, I'll let this kid continue to act arrogant for now."

"If there's a need, we'll deal with him later."

"If both of you don't dare to act, then please leave," Dustin said indifferently. "By the way, I've already purchased Healwell Clinic. If you have any business in the future, feel free to come to me."

"Young man! You are really looking for trouble, I will give it to you?" Dominic retorted.

"Then be it!" Dustin raised an eyebrow. "That's quite exciting to hear." Dustin sneered.

"You've gone too far, Dustin!" Isabela's face darkened as she said angrily, "I've been patient and given you face, but you'd better not take advantage of it!"

"Young man! I order you to apologize to Miss Isabela right now, or don't blame me for all the troubles coming your way!" Dominic shouted harshly.

Chapter 1396 Celebrate Too Soon

"Isabela, don't think too highly of yourself. I don't care about your chances," responded Dustin, his tone icy.

Ever since the moment Isabela started using him and when Winston and Sophia sought revenge, the two sides had been at odds.

"Fine! Since you're so stubborn, don't blame me for not holding back!" Isabela's expression darkened.

"I'll give you the same advice. If your Stratford and Torby families harbor ill intentions, you'll face the consequences," Dustin retorted.

"Don't overestimate yourself!"

Isabela coldly huffed and turned to leave.

Just as she was about to get into the car, she seemed to remember something. She stopped abruptly, turned around, and sneered, "Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you something.

Starting today, our Torby family and the Stratford family will be collaborating to research and produce Jade Dew Ointment.

I believe it won't be long before Jade Dew Ointment becomes famous in Stonia and throughout the world, bringing us a continuous stream of wealth.

Of course, all of this is thanks to you. If you hadn't provided us with the formula for Jade Dew Ointment, we wouldn't have had this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

How about that? Surprised? Impressed?

Both our Torby and Stratford families will promote Jade Dew Ointment for you. Shouldn't you be grateful to us?"

By the end of her speech, Isabela's face was filled with triumph and a big smile.

Compared to the value of Jade Dew Ointment, Healwell Clinic was hardly worth mentioning.

Being able to deceive Dustin and obtain the formula was undoubtedly the wisest decision for the Torby family.

"Despicable!"

Elijah gritted his teeth, seething with anger.

He had witnessed the miraculous effects of Jade Dew Ointment with his own eyes and knew its immense value.

Originally, Dustin could have become immensely wealthy thanks to Jade Dew Ointment, but the Torby family had crossed the line and seized the formula.

Such behavior was truly shameless.

"Isabela, do you really think you've won?" Dustin suddenly interjected.

"Isn't that the case?" Isabela asked with a smile.

"Don't celebrate too soon. Even though you have the formula for Jade Dew Ointment, mine is the authentic one," Dustin said casually.

"So what? Even if you have the formula, what can you do? Do you think your medicine can sell? Don't be naive!" Isabela replied with a hint of disdain. "Willowbrook is our territory, and challenging us is the most foolish decision. If you know what's good for you, you'd better apologize and bow down while there's still a chance."

In this world, the act of plagiarizing and killing original creations was all too common.

What could a mere doctor do against two powerful families?

"Well, if you're so confident, let's wait and see," Dustin said, unperturbed.

"Hmph! I'll make sure you regret this!" Isabela glared menacingly and then got into her car and drove away.

How dare a penniless nobody defy her? He really didn't know his place!

"If you're unscrupulous, don't blame me for being unjust."

Dustin narrowed his eyes, his expression gradually turning cold.

In fact, when he was negotiating the formula with the Torby family, he had kept a trick up his sleeve, just in case.

Originally, he had planned to wait for the Torby family to acquire the other two medicinal herbs and then provide the complete formula.

However, he hadn't expected the Torby family to go back on their word and repay kindness with enmity.

Such treacherous behavior would surely come with a heavy price!

Chapter 1397 The Admirable Integrity

"Dustin, you shouldn't have been so impulsive just now. Offending the Stratford and Torby families in Willowbrook might make it difficult for you to establish yourself," sighed Elijah, looking somewhat worried.

"Dr Elijah, don't worry. I have someone backing me up. It won't be so easy for the Stratford and Torby families to touch me," Dustin replied with a faint smile.

"Backing? What kind of backing?" Elijah instantly perked up.

No wonder Dustin dared to be so bold, directly challenging these powerful families. It turned out he had support behind him.

But thinking about it, if he didn't have some background, how could he be so audacious?

"Some things are better kept secret. You'll know when the time comes," Dustin teased, keeping the mystery alive.

He didn't want to stir up too much trouble or reveal his identity to certain forces right now, whether it was the Stratford or Torby family.

So, staying low-profile was the best approach for now.

After some effort, the fire at Healwell Clinic was finally extinguished. However, the once majestic and solemn building had now turned into ruins.

Looking around, there were broken walls and debris everywhere, remnants of the devastating fire.

The damage was severe, and the place needed to be demolished and rebuilt. It would require a considerable amount of money, time, and effort.

"Dominic... What a beast!" Elijah couldn't help but shed tears as he gazed at the ruins of Healwell Clinic.

"Given the circumstances, please try to be understanding, Dr Elijah. I will do my best to help you rebuild Healwell Clinic as soon as possible," Dustin comforted him.

"Rebuild?" Elijah shook his head, looking as if he had aged several years. "Healwell Clinic has already caught the attention of the Stratford and Torby families. Even if I rebuild it, they can simply set it on fire again. I am powerless to resist."

"If Dr Elijah trusts me, then please sell Healwell Clinic to me. I promise to restore Healwell Clinic to its former glory," Dustin said with a serious expression.

A medical clinic like Healwell Clinic, which aimed to help the masses, was a national treasure and couldn't be allowed to fade away.

Traditional medicine was already on the decline, with fewer and fewer practitioners. Every medical clinic needed to be preserved.

"Dustin, I don't need money. What I want is to see Healwell Clinic thrive. I am getting old, and my time is limited. If you can carry on my legacy, it will fulfill one of my wishes. Compared to the legacy of our ancestors, money is as worthless as dirt," Elijah said earnestly.

To outsiders, it was priceless; to Dustin, it was not worth a cent.

Only by following this principle could traditional Chinese medicine continue to be passed down.

"Dr Elijah, your integrity is admirable!" Dustin respectfully bowed and said, "Since Dr Elijah holds me in such high regard, I will do my best to bring Healwell Clinic back to its former glory."

"Good... good!" Elijah smiled with relief, tears streaming down his face once again.

But this time, they were tears of joy.

Finally, there was someone to carry on Healwell Clinic!

Dustin didn't stay at the scene for long. After escorting Elijah to a car, he returned to his own villa.

Healwell Clinic was destroyed, and both Lorenzo and Elijah were left without a place to stay.

Fortunately, Dustin had arranged for them to stay in a newly acquired villa, which made it easier to take care of them and ensured their safety.

After settling everything, Dustin took out his phone and dialed a number.

As soon as the call connected, a sweet and flirtatious voice came from the other end, "Hey, handsome, are you missing me already? Are you trying to ask me out? Let me tell you, my alcohol tolerance isn't great, I get drunk after just one drink."

Chapter 1398 A Business Proposal

"Miss Remington, I have a business proposition to discuss with you, one that guarantees you'll make a significant profit," Dustin got straight to the point.

"Oh? What kind of business?" Belinda showed some interest.

"It's not something I can explain over the phone. Let's meet at Imperial Palace Cuisine in an hour for a face-to-face discussion," Dustin replied.

"Sure, I'll be there."

After hanging up the phone, Dustin left his home again.

With Maximus looking after things at home, he didn't need to worry about any tricks from the Stratford and Torby families.

At noon, at Imperial Palace Cuisine.

Dustin entered the establishment and, guided by a waiter, ascended to the second floor and finally entered a private room.

Inside the room, Belinda, dressed in a red cheongsam (a straight, close-fitting silk dress with a high neck and slit skirt), was leisurely sipping tea.

Today, she had light makeup on, held a fragrant fan, and her jet-black hair was elegantly coiled at the back of her head. Her voluptuous figure, accentuated by the tight-fitting cheongsam, was extremely alluring. Especially her two fair and shapely long legs, overlapping each other, were enough to make anyone's imagination run wild.

Her attire followed a retro and elegant style, but her temperament was enchanting and captivating, bright and alluring.

The fusion of these two different styles created a unique form of allure.

"Oh, young man, you're here? Please, take a seat," Belinda stood up to greet Dustin, her every expression and smile oozing charm.

"Miss Remington, I apologize for keeping you waiting," Dustin calmly took his seat.

"It's no problem; I've only just arrived myself," Belinda smiled and poured a cup of tea for Dustin. "Here, I brewed this myself. Give it a taste."

Dustin lifted the teacup and took a sip, nodding. "It's good tea, though the taste is a bit unique."

"Of course, I like things that are unique," Belinda said with a meaningful smile.

At some point, she had already taken off her high heels, and her jade-like feet under the table started to crawl up Dustin's legs, slowly and intentionally.

"Miss Remington, let's get down to business," Dustin subtly retracted his leg, maintaining a calm expression. "I invited you here to discuss a business opportunity, a way for us to make money together."

"Make money?" Belinda raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm not tired of hearing about that. What's the money-making scheme?"

"Do you know about Jade Dew Ointment?" Dustin asked in return.

"Never heard of it," Belinda shook her head.

"Jade Dew Ointment is a type of external wound medicine, similar to Healwell Clinic's Golden Wound Medicine, but its effectiveness is significantly stronger," Dustin explained.

"Stronger? How much stronger?" Belinda seemed somewhat skeptical.

"At least ten times stronger!" Dustin's statement was quite startling.

"Ten times?"

At these words, Belinda's eyelids twitched, and her expression turned more serious. "You... aren't joking, are you?"

"If Miss Remington doesn't believe me, I can prove it to you," Dustin said, then suddenly pulled out a knife and made a deep cut on his arm.

Instantly, his flesh was cut open, and blood flowed.

Even a Grandmaster couldn't withstand a blade with no protective energy.

"Yikes! Are you insane? Why would you cut yourself for no reason?!" Belinda was shocked and quickly took out her handkerchief to help bandage Dustin's wound.

Her face was filled with concern.

"Miss Remington, let's stick to business," Dustin said calmly. "I invited you out to discuss a partnership in which we can both profit."

"Profit?" Belinda's demeanor shifted as she inquired, "Tell me more."

Chapter 1399 Offending The Major Powers

Watching Belinda's concerned and slightly reproachful expression, Dustin felt a sudden sense of trance. From her, he seemed to catch a glimpse of Natasha's shadow.

Is she doing well?

We haven't been in touch for so long; I hope she doesn't blame me.

When he snapped back to reality, Dustin immediately withdrew his hand and declined Belinda's offer to bandage the wound. He explained, "Miss Remington, it's nothing serious, just a minor injury. As long as I apply Jade Dew Ointment, it will heal quickly."

Saying that, he took out a jar of Jade Dew Ointment that he had prepared in advance and applied it to the wound.

Unlike the previous black ointment, the Jade Dew Ointment he used this time was a dark green color, as translucent as jade.

This was the improved genuine product, not only free of side effects but also exceptionally effective.

"Little handsome, even if you wanted to test the medicine, you didn't have to harm yourself like that. It looks so painful," Belinda exclaimed with a hint of resentment.

"This is the most direct and convincing way," Dustin replied with a faint smile.

"You could have just told me, I would have believed you. Why subject yourself to such pain? If it leaves a scar, your arm won't look good," Belinda shook her head, clearly not understanding.

"This is also one of the points I want to prove. Jade Dew Ointment not only treats external wounds but also removes scars," Dustin said as he picked up the teapot and poured two cups of tea. He smiled and continued, "If everything goes as expected, my wound will completely heal by the time we finish this pot of tea."

"Oh?" Belinda raised an eyebrow.

With the other party's confidence, she became even more interested.

As they sipped tea and conversed, after a while, Dustin smiled slightly. "Miss Remington, it's about time. Please take a look."

With that, he picked up a tissue from the table and gently wiped away the green ointment on his arm.

The green ointment vanished, and along with it, the wound that had been slashed open earlier also mysteriously disappeared.

Not a trace of a scar was left, only a faint red mark remained, which was new flesh.

"Hmm?"

Belinda was slightly stunned and asked subconsciously, "What happened to the injury you had just now? How did it disappear?"

"It didn't disappear; it has completely healed," Dustin corrected her.

"Are you serious?" Belinda looked surprised. "It hasn't even been the time it takes to finish a pot of tea, and such a long wound has completely healed?"

"How about it? Are you satisfied with the effectiveness of Jade Dew Ointment, Miss Remington?" Dustin asked with a smile.

"It's incredible! Truly incredible!" Belinda grabbed Dustin's hand, examining it left and right, her eyes sparkling. "Young man, is the business opportunity you mentioned related to this Jade Dew Ointment?"

"That's correct," Dustin nodded. "Miss Remington, are you interested?"

"Of course, I'm interested! I've never seen such a miraculous external wound medicine. If we can mass-produce it, it's bound to become a bestseller!" Belinda's eyes shone brightly.

Coming from a prestigious family, she had been exposed to business from a young age. Naturally, she understood the immense value of this medicine. With just a bit of promotion, it could easily outperform all the other external wound treatments on the market.

This was a real treasure she had stumbled upon!

"Miss Remington, don't get too excited just yet. While Jade Dew Ointment is excellent, it also comes with significant risks," Dustin cautioned.

"Oh? What risks?" Belinda asked with a smile.

"To be honest, before meeting you, I had already sold the formula of Jade Dew Ointment to the Torby family. However, they reneged on our agreement, so I intend to reclaim what is rightfully mine and teach the Torby family a lesson."

Dustin didn't hide anything and briefly explained the situation.

In a partnership, honesty was crucial, and the choice was ultimately up to Belinda.

"So, you mean we would be competing with the Torby family?" Belinda asked after hearing the story.

"Not just the Torby family, but also the Stratford family; they are collaborating. I wanted to be straightforward with you, Miss Remington, so you can make an informed decision," Dustin replied.

"Ah?"

Belinda was momentarily taken aback and then smiled wryly. "Young man, you sure know how to present me with a challenge. You've already offended both of the major powers in Willowbrook. If I agree to collaborate, won't I be going into the lion's den?"

With the resources of the Remington family, dealing with just the Torby family was already quite challenging, not to mention adding the Stratford family into the mix. It would be like a lone wolf trying to take on two fierce tigers.

Chapter 1400 A Suppressed Family

"Miss Remington, since we're going to cooperate, I won't let you fight this battle alone. I can shoulder most of the pressure. Your role will be in manufacturing and promotion, utilizing the Remington family's connections to establish the reputation of Jade Dew Ointment," earnestly stated Dustin.

Upon hearing this, Belinda fell into silence.

Jade Dew Ointment was undoubtedly excellent, but was it worth offending the two major giants, the Torbys and the Stratfords, for this medicine?

"Of course, if Miss Remington has any reservations, I won't force you. Consider this bottle of Jade Dew Ointment as a gift from me," Dustin said with a faint smile, placing the medicine bottle on the table and pushing it toward her.

The Remington family was influential, but in the Willowbrook, they ranked third.

The first and second were the Torbys and the Stratfords.

To challenge both of these powerful families simultaneously placed immense pressure on the Remington family. It now depended on whether Belinda was willing to take the gamble.

"Young man, why did you choose to cooperate with me?" Belinda didn't directly answer but asked in return.

"First, you're a good person; second, we share a connection; and third, the Remington family is the most suitable," Dustin responded.

Although they had only met recently, Belinda had helped him out of several predicaments.

In terms of character, there was no doubt about her.

He was also willing to help the Remington family rise to prominence, replacing the positions held by the Torbys and the Stratfords.

Jade Dew Ointment was the key to their ascent.

"Great! Since you have such faith in me, I'll take the gamble with you!" Belinda finally nodded after a few moments of contemplation.

Seeking fortune amidst danger, the Remington family had been suppressed for too long; it was time to make a move.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Miss Remington." Dustin nodded with a smile.

It was evident that Belinda had ambition and the courage to take risks, something not commonly found in ordinary heiresses.

"Come, here's to a successful partnership!" Belinda raised her tea cup, offering a charming smile.

"A successful partnership," Dustin replied, clinking his cup against hers and taking a sip.

"Now, let's discuss the details of Jade Dew Ointment..."

After a detailed conversation, they parted ways.

Belinda returned home with Jade Dew Ointment and found her father.

Using the same self-inflicted method as Dustin, she demonstrated the miraculous effects of Jade Dew Ointment.

Her father, Prudence Remington, was initially shocked, then pleasantly surprised. However, upon hearing about the competition with the Torbys and the Stratfords, his brow furrowed in deep concern.

In just a few minutes, Prudence's emotions roller-coastered, making it difficult for him to calm down.

"Dad, this is the best opportunity for our Remington family. We mustn't miss it. We've been suppressed for so many years; it's time for us to rise!" Belinda earnestly persuaded.

"It's not that simple. The Torbys and the Stratfords have dominated for many years, and their position is unshakable. Moreover, they already possess the formula for Jade Dew Ointment. What right do we have to compete with them?" Prudence, an experienced strategist, saw through the situation clearly.

If there were enormous profits to be had, he might consider taking the risk. However, they had no advantage at the moment. They didn't even have an exclusive formula. How could they possibly compete?

"Dad, Dustin told me that the formula held by Torbys are inferior. The ingredients are expensive, the efficacy is low, and there are even some side effects."

"Our Jade Dew Ointment, on the other hand, is the complete opposite: low cost, high efficacy, a quality product at an affordable price. With our full-scale promotion, we will undoubtedly crush the Torbys and the Stratfords, leaving them with nothing!" Belinda exuded confidence.

"Is that the truth?" Prudence's eyes lit up.

"Absolutely, I can swear to it!" Belinda extended three fingers.

"No need, I trust your judgment."

Taking a deep breath, Prudence finally made a decision. "They say fortune favors the bold. This time, I'll join you in taking this gamble!"
pri maganda translation mo kaysa iba dyan. mali mali minsan grammar nila. kahit yung mga pronoun nla sablay . ewan ko kung anong software or browser gamit nila. pero nakakalito talaga.

teja23

Reaction score
Hi Jungal2000

Is stonia and rhyns family territory are different country or in same country with two kings

Gily

KF Founder & Dragon IGM
KF Founder
KF Moderator
Reaction score
I don't speak Filipino but please all play nice and make sure you follow forum rules. No insult or attacking others. If you are reported I will take extreme actions

Gily

KF Founder & Dragon IGM
KF Founder
KF Moderator
Reaction score
Hindi ako nagsasalita ng Filipino ngunit mangyaring lahat ay maglaro ng mabuti at siguraduhing sundin mo ang mga patakaran ng forum. Walang insulto o umaatake sa iba. Kung ikaw ay naiulat, gagawa ako ng matinding aksyon.

Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')

Immortal Great Grandmaster - Dragon Monk
KF Moderator
Reaction score
Chapter 1401 Speechless

Back at the Serenity Villa, Dustin hesitated as he held his phone in hand. Not too long ago, during his discussion with Belinda about collaboration, thoughts of Natasha suddenly surged in like a tidal wave, overwhelming him completely.

His mind was filled with her image, and he couldn't shake it off.

According to Maximus, Natasha had already followed her own grandfather to settle in Stonia.

A quick call, and they could meet up soon.

However, he had some concerns.

Stonia was nothing like Millsburg; it was a place filled with hidden dangers and crises. Moreover, the task he had at hand was extremely perilous, and he didn't want to involve Natasha in it.

"Maybe just a meeting? A simple greeting?" Dustin muttered to himself.

After a brief moment of pacing on the balcony, he took a deep breath and couldn't resist dialing a certain number.

The phone rang for about five seconds before it was finally answered, and a familiar voice quickly came through.

"Hmph! You playboy, you finally decided to call me? Honestly, where have you been these days? Do you have another little sweetheart now? I've been thinking about you all this time, and you just disappeared without a word, leaving me all alone. Doesn't your conscience hurt?"

"..."

Natasha fired off a barrage of questions as soon as she started speaking, leaving Dustin utterly baffled.

His carefully planned opening statement was instantly shut down.

He was left momentarily speechless.

"Hey! Why aren't you saying anything? Feeling guilty, perhaps?" Natasha finally paused.

"You didn't really give me a chance to speak just now," Dustin replied with a wry smile.

"Oh! You think I'm annoying, don't you? You find me chatty, right? Well, you heartbreaker, it's only been a few days since we last met, and you're already tired of me," Natasha's tone was teasing.

"Alright, alright, it's all my fault. I sincerely apologize to you. I hope you, the gracious one, can forgive me this time," Dustin quickly surrendered.

"Hmph! Since you're sincerely apologizing, I'll forgive you this time, but don't let it become a habit," Natasha chuckled from the other end of the phone.

In reality, she had wanted to call Dustin many times during these days to check on him, but she was afraid of bothering him, so she refrained. Now that he had reached out to her, her worried heart finally relaxed.

"Natasha, I heard you've settled in Stonia. How's your new company doing?" Dustin inquired.

"Smooth sailing, of course," Natasha replied with a smile. "Our 'Princess Royal Group' is starting to take shape, and it's growing day by day. I believe that within half a year, we'll have established a new stronghold in Stonia!"

With her grandfather's support, she felt invincible.

"That's great," Dustin said, smiling. "By the way, Natasha, do you have time tonight? I'd like to invite you for dinner."

"Coincidentally, we have a celebration dinner at the company tonight. Just come over, and afterward, I'll show you around," Natasha suggested.

"Sounds good. See you tonight."

At dusk, Dustin drove his car, following the GPS directions, and entered the central city.

Stonia was divided into five major regions: East, West, South, North, and Central.

Each of these regions was quite extensive, equivalent to a medium-sized city, and they were referred to as "cities."

So, the East region was known as Dragonhaven, the West region as Thunderspire, the South region as Willowbrook, and the North region as Frostholm. The most central area, well-guarded by the four major districts, was known as the Central City or Emberhold.

Chapter 1402 The Inner City

Within Emberhold (Inner City) stood the illustrious Bayhaven (the Forbidden City), a place that represented supreme power. It was the dream destination for countless ambitious souls and also the place where Dustin sought the truth and justice.

However, it wasn't at this moment.

Emberhold was congested, and it happened to be rush hour as well.

Although Dustin had left an hour early, by the time he reached his destination, it was already dark outside.

The venue for Natasha's celebration banquet was called "Ethereal Heights Hotel," a super five-star hotel. It had a perfect location with a wide range of entertainment facilities.

With its high class, excellent service, and reputation, it was the top choice for hosting such gatherings.

At this moment, on the top floor of Ethereal Heights Hotel, in the Number One Banquet Hall, a group of well-dressed young men and women were gathered, raising their glasses and engaging in conversation. On the stage, a captivating performance of song and dance continued, entertaining the audience.

The entire banquet hall was lively and bustling.

"Elder brother, do you think Miss Natasha will really show up today?" In a corner, a young man and woman held their wine glasses, constantly scanning the area as if searching for something.

These two were none other than Roselyn and Carlos.

"Of course, she'll be here!" Carlos said confidently. "I've already inquired. Today is the celebration banquet for the Princess Royal Group, and as the chairwoman, Miss Natasha won't miss it. She'll probably arrive soon."

"I'm a bit worried. Can Miss Natasha really help us?" Roselyn looked concerned.

Yesterday, Healwell Clinic was set on fire, and she had already developed a psychological shadow. If she hadn't been absent all night, she might have perished in the flames. What's worse, the fire had been orchestrated by the Stratford family, but she didn't dare to report it.

To protect herself, she had to turn to Carlos and seek assistance from more powerful figures.

So, Carlos had brought her here.

"Roselyn, believe me, you don't know Miss Natasha's true background," Carlos said earnestly. "Do you know that above the Eight Great Aristocratic Families of Stonia, there are also the Four Royal Families?"

"I've heard of them." Roselyn nodded.

The aristocratic families were already the upper limit of what she had encountered. As for the royal families of Stonia, she didn't even dare to think about them. They were the most powerful force below the imperial authority and stood at the pinnacle of the Dragonmarsh.

They were an existence that ordinary people would need to look up to for their entire lives.

"Since you know about the Four Royal Families, it'll be easier to understand," Carlos nodded and said seriously, "I won't keep it from you. Miss Natasha is from the Roberts clan, and her grandfather is Duke Duncan Roberts, who holds unparalleled power within the Forbidden City!"

"What? Duke Duncan Roberts?!" Roselyn was startled, her voice unintentionally rising in pitch.

"Lower your voice!" Carlos's expression changed, and he immediately covered Roselyn's mouth. After making sure no one had heard, he slowly removed his hand and warned, "This is a secret. You mustn't reveal it, or your life will be in danger!"

"Mmm... mmm..." Roselyn covered her mouth with both hands, nodding like a frightened chicken.

In a split second, she had broken out in a cold sweat from the shock.

She had never dreamed that the Miss Natasha she was going to meet today was actually the granddaughter of Duke Duncan.

That was the current Guogong!

An individual who could have a direct conversation with the Emperor!

An absolute giant in Stonia!

In the presence of such a formidable figure, the Torby and Stratford families were nothing but small fries, not worth mentioning!

Thinking about this, she suddenly became excited.

If she could please Miss Natasha and attach herself to Duke Duncan's family tree, wouldn't she be able to stride through Stonia in the future?

Chapter 1403 Beauty Index

"Roselyn, do you understand now?" Carlos had a slightly triumphant expression. "As long as Miss Natasha is willing to step in, what's the Stratford family to worry about?"

"Yes, yes..." Roselyn nodded vigorously, overcome with joy.

She had made up her mind that no matter the cost, she would ingratiate herself with Miss Natasha. In doing so, not only could she ensure her safety, but she could also rise to prominence and thoroughly enter Stonia's upper echelon.

"By the way, Elder Carlos, how do you know all this?" Roselyn suddenly became curious.

"To be honest, my uncle holds a position in the court as a staff officer under one of Duke Duncan's generals. He has extensive connections, which makes it easy for me to gather such secrets," Carlos said, his chest swelling with pride.

In fact, Natasha's identity was already public knowledge among the elites, not really a secret, but rather something beyond the reach of ordinary people.

"Even though I've never seen Miss Natasha, I've heard about her reputation."

Carlos took a sip of his wine, speaking with composure. "Do you know about the Beauty Index? I believe you've heard of it."

"Yes, I've heard of it," Roselyn nodded. "The Beauty Index, also known as the List of Beauties, consists of a hundred women selected from all over the country. It primarily evaluates them based on their appearance, followed by their family background and personal talents."

"All women in the country take pride in making it onto the Beauty Index."

"However, the selection for the Beauty Index is incredibly strict. Only the most extraordinary beauties qualify."

As she spoke, a trace of melancholy flashed in Roselyn's eyes. She considered herself beautiful and talented, yet she couldn't even meet the minimum qualifications for the Beauty Index.

There were simply too many beautiful women in the Dragonmarsh.

"You're right. Those who make it onto the Beauty Index are indeed stunningly beautiful women. And Miss Natasha happens to be one of them!" Carlos asserted confidently.

"But you've never seen Miss Natasha. How can you be so sure about her beauty?" Roselyn found it puzzling.

"Although I haven't seen her in person, I've heard about her reputation."

Carlos explained with a hint of excitement, "Miss Natasha is not just on the Beauty Index, but she ranks among the top three!"

"The... top three?"

Roselyn widened her eyes, and her voice began to quiver.

Being on the Beauty Index was already a tremendous honor, but to be among the top three was a matter of immense pride and prestige.

She couldn't believe that Miss Natasha, whom she was going to meet today, was not only incredibly wealthy but also ranked among the top three on the Beauty Index.

"In fact, Miss Natasha isn't just on the list; she's at the top, currently holding the third position!" Carlos revealed, shocking Roselyn even more.

"The... the third?" Roselyn stammered, her voice trembling.

To be on the Beauty Index was already a remarkable achievement, and to be in the top three was beyond extraordinary.

The pressure of meeting such a woman was immense.

"Ranked third on the Beauty Index is Miss Natasha; second is the Dragon Nation's female warrior, Scarlet Spanner; and the top spot belongs to the enigmatic and elusive Gabrielle Whitlock," Carlos listed the names of the top three on the Beauty Index like a treasure.

If he could marry a woman from the top ten on the Beauty Index, his life would be more than fulfilling.

"Elder Carlos, you're handsome and talented. How about trying to pursue Miss Natasha?" Roselyn suddenly blurted out.

She had a certain fondness for Carlos, mingled with admiration.

However, to please Miss Natasha, she was willing to give up the person she liked.

Chapter 1404 Eavesdropping

"Are you kidding me? Miss Natasha has many admirers, all of whom are prominent figures in the industry. What am I compared to them?" Carlos shook his head.

While he was tempted, he also had some self-awareness. The gap in status between him and Miss Natasha was simply too great.

"Elder Carlos, in this world, nothing is impossible for those with determination. Regardless, you should at least try. What if Miss Natasha happens to like your type?" Roselyn began to encourage him.

"Is that true?" Carlos was somewhat uncertain.

"Can I encourage you?" Roselyn continued to persuade him. "Look at yourself—handsome, tall, dignified, and charismatic. Most importantly, you're skilled in medicine, considerate, and have excellent character. Such a perfect man is a rare find!"

"Really?" Carlos ran his hand through his hair, adjusted his tie, and suddenly felt brimming with confidence.

His entire being was somewhat elated.

Indeed, he was exceptionally talented and perfect in many ways. He believed that he was more than suitable for Miss Natasha.

"Elder Carlos, believe in yourself. You are the most outstanding. As long as you show your charm, you will definitely capture Miss Natasha's heart!" Roselyn continued to cheer him on.

"Roselyn, you understand me well!" Compliments went to Carlos's head, and he couldn't help but swell with confidence. "With my great physique, outstanding looks, and considerable talents, I'm perfect. So, I've decided to give her a chance to win me over!"

"That's the spirit," Roselyn smiled.

As long as Carlos could win over Miss Natasha, she could also benefit from the situation.

"Hey... you two, are you daydreaming?" A casual voice suddenly sounded from behind.

Both of them were startled and turned to see a familiar face.

"Dustin, what are you doing here?" Carlos was taken aback.

"Why can't I be here?" Dustin retorted.

"Hmph! This is an upper class gathering, a place for important figures. Who are you? What qualifications do you have to enter here?" Roselyn said coldly.

She still harbored resentment from the scene where Dustin had threatened to disfigure her.

"Your status isn't much different from mine. If you can come in, then naturally, so can I," Dustin shrugged.

"You—!" Roselyn was about to explode, but Carlos raised his hand to stop her. "Be mindful of the occasion; don't make a fool of yourself."

Taking a deep breath, Roselyn finally suppressed her anger. She decided to focus on her primary objective today, and after ingratiating herself with Miss Natasha, she could deal with this guy.

"Dustin, when did you arrive?" Carlos tried to put on a friendly face.

"Since you started talking about your uncle's position in the court," Dustin replied calmly.

"What? So you heard everything?" Carlos's tone suddenly rose.

Realizing that he had attracted attention, he quickly cleared his throat to alleviate the awkwardness.

"I only heard part of it," Dustin admitted openly.

"You... How could you?" Carlos was getting anxious. "You eavesdropped from behind and didn't say anything, which is creepy!"

"I was just passing by. Who would have thought that the more you talked, the more absurd it became, and you even harbored unwarranted desires? I just couldn't stand it anymore," Dustin shook his head.

"Hmph! What we say is none of your business!" Roselyn said angrily.

"Dustin, aren't you being too meddlesome?" Carlos frowned.

"You're right." Dustin nodded in agreement. "You're indeed an extraordinary man, handsome, talented, and with great potential. Pursuing anyone else is fine, but pursuing Miss Natasha is not allowed."

"Why?" Carlos furrowed his brow.

"Because she is my woman," Dustin calmly uttered those words with an overbearing presence.

Chapter 1405 The Ant in the Abyss

"What? She's your woman?"

Upon hearing this, both Carlos and Roselyn were stunned. They exchanged glances, somewhat doubting if they had misheard.

Who was Miss Natasha?

She was the third-ranked beauty on the Beauty Index, the granddaughter of the Duke Duncan, and the dream goddess of countless young talents.

A penniless loser dared to arrogantly claim that Miss Natasha was his woman.

This guy, could it be that he was suffering from delusions?

"Dustin, are you... serious?" Carlos cautiously asked.

"Of course," Dustin replied confidently.

"Haha!"

Hearing that, Carlos couldn't hold back his laughter. It seemed like he had heard a huge joke. "Dustin, are you still half-asleep? You're saying that Miss Natasha is your woman? Hahaha..."

As he spoke, he burst into laughter, his expression exaggerated.

"Hmph! Shameless!"

Roselyn crossed her arms and sneered. "Look at your own conduct. Don't think that changing your clothes can change your identity. You're still a loser. With your kind of person, you're not even qualified to carry Miss Natasha's shoes!"

Miss Natasha had a noble background, beauty, figure, and capability.

Such an outstanding woman had countless admirers.

A pauper like him wanting to pursue Miss Natasha?

It was like a toad wanting to eat swan meat!

"Dustin, you should be aware of your own limitations. Having dreams is a good thing, but you also need to consider whether you have the ability," Carlos said, suppressing his laughter. "The gap between you and Miss Natasha is as vast as the heavens. She is the dazzling phoenix in the sky, while you are just an ant in the abyss. Even if you strive to climb, you will never reach such heights. Wake up, don't keep dreaming!"

Even someone like him, born into a prominent family, didn't dare to say he could win over Miss Natasha. What about Dustin?

"Don't belittle others. There are some things that you will never understand," Dustin calmly said. "I'll say this again: Natasha is my woman. You two better not entertain any improper thoughts."

"Keep dreaming! I want to see how long you can keep this up!" Roselyn sneered, looking disdainful.

"Dustin, speaking nonsense like this will have consequences. Your words are tantamount to a great offense. If Miss Natasha hears about it, you might face disastrous consequences. So, I advise you to be cautious," Carlos taunted.

"I've said what I needed to. Whether you believe it or not is up to you," Dustin said indifferently. He had no interest in explaining to these narrow-minded people.

"Ha..."

At this moment, there was a commotion at the entrance.

All eyes turned to see a woman clad in a black evening gown and black high heels, walking gracefully into the room like a black swan.

She wore no makeup, yet her looks were breathtaking. Her figure was graceful and alluring, and her presence was commanding.

Especially her aura, dignified and elegant, made her stand out like a queen in the crowd.

As soon as she appeared, she became the center of attention, and everyone's gazes were fixed on her.

"So beautiful!" Carlos was completely captivated, his eyes wide with amazement.

He stared, stunned, and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Natasha was undoubtedly the epitome of beauty.

"Could this be the true definition of a national treasure?"

Roselyn was also awestruck. She looked at the woman's face and figure, then glanced at herself, feeling somewhat inferior.

She knew she was beautiful, but in the presence of such an exquisite beauty, she felt like she paled in comparison.

Many young socialites and heiresses had attended the event, all dressed in elaborate and elegant attire, showcasing their extraordinary charm.

However, when Natasha, the black rose, made her entrance, she effortlessly overshadowed all the other women in the room.

Chapter 1406 A Heroic Knight Ready

"Hello, Director Natasha!"

"Miss Natasha, greetings!"

After a brief silence, the entire banquet hall erupted into a lively atmosphere. Men and women alike approached Natasha, greeting and flattering her.

People who could attend this event were either high-ranking officials or top corporate executives, and they were well aware of Natasha's identity. Some had even come specifically to curry favor with her.

"Don't be so restrained, please make yourselves comfortable," Natasha responded calmly to the flattery and greetings from the crowd.

Her beautiful eyes swept around, as if searching for someone.

"Elder Carlos, could that be Miss Natasha?" Roselyn discreetly pointed in Natasha's direction.

"It should be her. Besides Miss Natasha, I can't think of anyone else with such unparalleled beauty!" Carlos's eyes gleamed with excitement, and his face flushed. His heart was beating faster than ever before.

Although he had seen many beautiful women, he had never encountered such an exquisite beauty before.

At this moment, he finally understood what it meant to be in love at first sight. If he could marry such a perfect woman, he would gladly give up ten years of his life!

"Indeed, she truly deserves her status as the third-ranked beauty on the Beauty Index. Her reputation is well-deserved," Roselyn couldn't take her eyes off Natasha.

As fellow women, she no longer felt jealousy but only amazement and admiration.

"Elder Carlos! Look, look! Miss Natasha is walking towards us! Could it be that she's coming for you?" Seeing Natasha approaching, Roselyn was both excited and nervous.

"Coming for me? Are you sure?" Carlos was taken aback and felt a bit at a loss. He had been confident before, but now that he was facing Natasha in person, he couldn't help feeling a bit timid.

This woman was simply too perfect, like a celestial being, and she seemed untouchable.

"Of course! There are only a few of us here. If Miss Natasha isn't coming for you, then who else could she be coming for?" Roselyn began to imagine. "In my opinion, Miss Natasha must have taken a liking to you and specially came over to get to know you!"

"Is that so?" Carlos looked around, realizing that there were indeed no other prominent figures nearby. For a moment, he felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Could it be that he was going to be lucky in love tonight?

"Elder Carlos, have confidence!" Roselyn whispered, encouraging him. "You're handsome, talented, and charming. It's not surprising that you've caught Miss Natasha's eye. Seize this opportunity, win her heart, and you'll surely have a bright future!"

Encouraged by her words, Carlos's face lit up. He had regained his lost confidence.

"All right! If Miss Natasha has taken an interest, then I can't let her down. Let's see how I can win her heart tonight!" Carlos adjusted his tie, ran his fingers through his hair, and followed her with a confident and proud stride.

He felt like a heroic knight ready to court a princess.

"Miss Natasha, hello, I am..." Carlos reached out his hand to introduce himself with a smile.

However, he soon realized that Natasha completely ignored him and walked past him without a word. She then rushed into Dustin' arms with a joyful expression. "Darling! I've missed you so much!"

Chapter 1407 Toad Trying to Eat Swan Meat

"Honey! I've missed you so much!"

In the midst of the stunned gazes of the crowd, Natasha quickly rushed into Dustin's arms, holding him tightly.

It was as if long-lost lovers had reunited, showing warmth and intimacy.

However, this bold move left everyone present in shock.

Their eyes widened in disbelief.

Especially Carlos and Roselyn, who were left stunned on the spot.

What was happening?

The Chairman of the Princess Royal Group, the third-ranked beauty on the Beauty Index, the granddaughter of a duke, was voluntarily embracing a poor nobody?

How could this be possible?!!

Carlos's hand was still extended, and his head unconsciously turned towards Dustin and Natasha.

The smile on his face had frozen, and his inner turmoil was beyond words.

Could it be that everything Dustin had said earlier was true?

Could it be that Natasha, the heavenly beauty, was truly Dustin's woman?

But how was that possible?

Dustin was just an unknown person, at best a practitioner of martial arts and a bit of medical knowledge.

Such people were numerous in Stonia, and they were plain and ordinary.

Why? Why could a person like him receive the favor of Natasha?

While Carlos was young, talented, and charming, he didn't even have the qualifications to catch Natasha's eye.

Why?!!

"No... It's impossible! How could this guy know Miss Natasha? What kind of virtue or ability does he have to climb up to such a heavenly woman?!" Roselyn's eyes widened, her face filled with disbelief.

In her eyes, Dustin was just a country bumpkin struggling in Stonia.

Without any background, ability, or connections, he would remain at the bottom for the rest of his life.

In her view, not only was he unworthy of Natasha, but he couldn't even compare to someone like her.

The combination of these two was like a toad trying to eat swan meat, utterly unbelievable.

"Honey, how do I look today? I dressed up carefully just to see you."

Natasha held Dustin's waist with both hands and looked up at his handsome and resolute face with joy in her eyes.

Even though they had only been apart for a few days, it felt like a century.

"Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!" Dustin smiled and reached out to tuck a strand of hair that had escaped its confines behind Natasha's ear.

All his previous worries and troubles disappeared when he saw the woman in front of him.

He was a different person altogether.

"I look beautiful, right? So, how about a kiss?"

Natasha extended her slender jade finger and playfully pointed at her own moist red lips, wearing a seductive and charming smile.

"Ah?" Dustin's smile stiffened. He looked around, and over a hundred pairs of eyes were fixed on them.

Was it really appropriate to show affection in public like this?

"Hehehe... I was just teasing you."

Natasha chuckled. "It wouldn't be appropriate to do that in front of so many people. We can save it for when we get home."

Dustin couldn't help but smile wryly.

She was indeed a captivating little devil, and she hadn't changed a bit.

"Come, let me introduce you to everyone..."

Natasha walked arm in arm with Dustin, facing the guests in the banquet hall, and said with a smile, "This is my fiancé, Dustin Rhys. Please take good care of him in the future."

"Dustin Rhys?"

Chapter 1408 An Unknown Nobody

When this statement was made, everyone exchanged puzzled looks and whispered among themselves.

"Who's this Dustin? Why haven't I heard of him before? Do we really have such a young talent here in Stonia?"

"That's strange. I consider myself well-informed, but I've never heard of this person."

"Does that mean he's just an unknown nobody? Why would Miss Natasha take an interest in someone like him?"

"He does have a good appearance, though. Maybe he's just a charming face who can make people happy?"

A group of high-society elites chatted quietly, wearing expressions of confusion.

Being part of the upper circle, they were usually well-informed. The fact that they had never heard of Dustin indicated that he wasn't from a prominent family. However, what they couldn't understand was why Natasha, who had always held herself in high regard, would be interested in such a minor figure.

Was it true love, or just a passing fancy?

"So, you're Mr Rhys. I've heard your name for a long time!" At this moment, a plump middle-aged man approached, wearing a warm smile. "I'm Arthur Langley, the owner of the Ethereal Heights Hotel. I've always admired your charisma, and it's a great honor to meet you today!"

"Hello, Mr Arthur," Dustin replied with a smile. Although it was just pleasantries, it sounded pleasant enough.

To establish and thrive in Ethereal Heights Hotel and earn respect, this Arthur Langley was clearly not an ordinary person.

"Mr Rhys, I'm Edward Wycliffe, the chairman of AutoNav Group. Please take care of me in the future."

"Mr Rhys, I'm Joseph Blackwood, the deputy commander of the City Guards. If you ever encounter any trouble, feel free to inform me, and I guarantee you'll have peace of mind."

"Mr Rhys..."

With Arthur Langley leading the way, more and more prominent figures approached, offering flattery and compliments of all sorts.

They didn't care who Dustin was or what his background was. As long as Natasha valued him, they would greet him with smiles and great respect.

That's how the world worked.

Thanks to Natasha's influence, Dustin, who had previously gone unnoticed, became the center of attention at the event.

He was highly sought after.

Dustin remained modest and welcoming, handling the attention perfectly.

"Why? Why him? Why not me?" Watching the highly acclaimed Dustin, Carlos clenched his fists in frustration, seething with jealousy.

He felt both envious and resentful, but most of all, he felt unjust.

Dustin was just an ordinary guy, far inferior to him in many ways.

Why would Miss Natasha be interested in someone like him?

"Don't be disheartened, Elder Carlos. He's just a pretty face, not much substance. Perhaps Miss Natasha will get bored of him in a few days," Roselyn said, her face clouded with negativity as she continued to brainwash Carlos.

As fellow women, she couldn't believe that someone as exceptional as Natasha would marry an unknown person.

Not to mention passing Duke Robert's scrutiny.

Therefore, she was convinced that the two of them would not last long, just a temporary fling.

"Plaything? How can someone like Dutin be worthy of Miss Natasha?" Carlos remained unconvinced.

The third-ranked beauty on the Beauty Index, Natasha, had inexplicably favored Dustin, a nobody.

It was like a beautiful flower growing in a pile of manure.

Why wasn't he the one being favored? Why?

"What are you all doing?!"

Suddenly, a booming voice resounded at the door, startling everyone into turning to look.

A young man in military attire, tall and imposing, strode in with an aura of authority.

His sharp gaze and powerful presence were accentuated by the golden epaulettes (ornamental shoulder decorations that showed military rank) on his shoulders, unmistakably marking him as a young general!

"Hmm?" Seeing the newcomer, Natasha's smile faded, her delicate brows furrowing in disgust.

Meanwhile, the elites who had surrounded Dustin moments ago quickly dispersed, fearing trouble.

Chapter 1409 A Formidable Rival

As soon as the man in military attire appeared, the entire banquet hall fell silent.

Everyone made way for him, as if avoiding a venomous snake.

You see, this man had a fiery temper and was famously unpredictable. Moreover, he had powerful connections, making him someone no one dared to provoke.

Encountering him on a regular day meant keeping a safe distance to avoid getting burned.

"Elder Carlos, who's this guy coming in? He looks quite imposing," Roselyn expressed her surprise and curiosity.

One person dominating the entire scene clearly meant he had considerable clout.

"If I'm not mistaken, he should be Francis from the Hamilton family!" Carlos squinted his eyes.

"Francis? Is he one of those so-called Four Demon Kings?" Roselyn widened her eyes in disbelief.

"That's right, it's him," Carlos nodded.

He didn't dare to look directly, so he stole glances from the corner of his eye.

The Hamilton family, like the Roberts family, was one of the royal families within Emberhold, possessing immense power and influence.

As for Francis, among the many talented youths of the Hamilton family, he was one of the top performers. Not only did he have strong backing, but he also had outstanding abilities. At a young age, he had already attained the rank of fourth-grade General, indicating a promising future.

The only problem was Francis's fiery temperament, which often led to trouble.

This had earned him a notorious reputation and the title of one of the Four Demon Kings.

"It's strange. Why would a bully like him show up? Judging by his fierce demeanor, could he be causing trouble?" Roselyn shrank back, feeling apprehensive.

In Stonia, the Four Demon Kings were notorious figures, and their mere mention struck fear into people's hearts.

Francis was one of them.

"Causing trouble is unlikely. I heard that Francis fell head over heels for Miss Natasha and probably came here to show his support," Carlos pondered.

"Wait a minute!" Roselyn seemed to have realized something suddenly. She exclaimed, "If Francis likes Miss Natasha, doesn't that make him and Dustin rivals?"

"Hmm... it does seem that way!" Carlos quickly caught on, his spirits lifting. "Given Francis's temperament, he won't tolerate anyone competing for his woman. In that case, Dustin might be in trouble today!"

"Hmph! Serves him right!" Roselyn crossed her arms, a smug expression on her face. "Who asked him to be a toad lusting after a swan? He's utterly talentless and still wanted to climb up to Miss Natasha. Now he's reaping what he sowed! Let's see how he handles this!"

"I told you, a loser like him could never win over a beauty like Miss Natasha. Now that a formidable rival has appeared, let's see how he handles it!" Carlos had a smirk on his face, looking like he was simply enjoying the show.

The women he couldn't have, Dustin wouldn't have either!

"Princess! Who's this guy?" Francis strode in, his gaze locked onto Dustin, his face displaying clear displeasure.

He had witnessed all of Dustin's intimate interactions with Princess Natasha just moments ago, and he naturally felt extremely irritated about this unexpected rival.

"Who he is, is none of your business," Princess Natasha replied coldly, her expression far from welcoming.

"From what I've heard, he's just your little boy toy, isn't he?" Francis questioned.

"I'll say it again, it's none of your business!" Princess Natasha's eyes revealed her disgust.

She had had her fair share of suitors, but men like Francis were the ones she detested the most. Arrogant and domineering, they always thought that women should revolve around them and acted as if they were the center of the universe.

She found them insufferable.

"What do you mean it's none of my business? You're the woman I've set my sights on, and you should only be with me. No other man can match up to you!" Francis asserted with a commanding tone.

"Do you really think you're worthy?" Princess Natasha snorted. "You have a big body but a tiny brain. Who would like someone like you?"

"You—!"

Chapter 1410 Just a Bully

Francis raised his hand, intending to strike, but he stopped himself halfway.

No woman had ever dared to speak to him like this.

If it weren't for certain considerations, he would have made his move already.

"Kid! Who are you? How dare you try to steal my woman? You want to die?" Francis's gaze shifted, and he glared menacingly at Dustin.

He couldn't touch Princess Natasha, but dealing with a pretty boy like Dustin would be a walk in the park.

As long as it wasn't a member of the royal family or one of the Four Royal Families, he could easily handle them.

"Before asking others for their names, it's basic etiquette to introduce yourself first," Dustin responded casually.

"Hmph! You want to know my name, huh? Fine! I'll satisfy your curiosity!" Francis sneered, his voice dripping with arrogance. "Listen up now! I am Francis of the Hamilton family, a fourth-grade General in the military, and I'm known as the 'Black Cyclone.'"

"Oh, is that so?" Dustin remained expressionless.

"What do you mean, 'Is that so?'" Francis was slightly taken aback, not expecting such a response.

Typically, when people heard his name, they would be trembling in fear.

But this kid in front of him showed no reaction at all.

He couldn't help but wonder if he hadn't made himself clear.

"Kid! Don't you know about the Hamilton family?" Francis narrowed his eyes.

"I do," Dustin nodded.

"Don't you understand the power of a fourth-grade General?" Francis continued.

"I understand," Dustin nodded again.

"Since you know my identity and understand my prowess, why aren't you afraid?" Francis demanded with a stern voice.

"Why should I be afraid?" Dustin replied calmly. "You're just a bully who relies on his family's influence and lacks any real talent. What's there to be afraid of?"

This statement sent shockwaves through the entire room.

"Wow! Has this guy gone crazy? He dared to provoke Francis in public? Isn't he afraid for his life?"

"Such a young and ignorant fellow, daring to challenge the Black Cyclone. He's asking for trouble!"

"When Francis gets angry, blood will be spilled within five steps. This kid is done for!"

The sudden turn of events left everyone in shock.

No one had expected Dustin to be so audacious, making such bold statements in front of Francis and completely disregarding his presence.

Who was Francis?

He was one of the notorious Four Demon Kings, and his name alone struck terror into people's hearts.

Anyone who had ever offended Francis met a gruesome fate, and none had a good ending.

Normally, people wouldn't even dare to approach him, let alone challenge him openly.

But this guy had willingly walked into the lion's den.

Wasn't he asking for trouble?

"Hmph! You're just a clueless fool! Daring to challenge Francis publicly, you're sealing your own fate!" Carlos and Roselyn sneered, looking like they were reveling in the situation.

Once Francis lost his temper, even Princess Natasha might not be able to stop him.

"Kid! What did you just say? I didn't catch it clearly. Say it again if you dare!" Francis's face darkened, his teeth clenched, and his eyes almost seemed to shoot flames.

"I said you're an inept and arrogant playboy who relies on your family's name to bully others. Is that clear enough for you?" Dustin spoke again.

With this statement, everyone present had the same thought: "He's done for!"

Last edited:

dUnique

Top Level Martial Arts Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who can read 100 chapters in one day?
I can if I'm really intrigued by the novel. What! are you surprised? Haha 😂

By the way, the new name character that you choosed from the Chinese translation to English I'm not finding it fantasy like others because I've read overhead and finding it somewhat not soothing. Overall you're a very good translator.

KF Moderator
Reaction score
Chapter 1411 A Real Man's Duel

"Hehehe..."

Francis suddenly burst into laughter, his laughter starting low and growing increasingly unrestrained.

Everyone felt their scalps tingling and instinctively distanced themselves.

Everyone knew that Francis had a reputation for being eccentric, with unpredictable moods, especially his signature icy smile. Every time it appeared, it meant bloodshed was imminent.

"Kid! You've got some guts!"

After a bout of laughter, Francis's face darkened suddenly. "It's been how many years, and no one has ever dared to talk to me like this, acting all ignorant and useless? Well... very well! Just because of those two sentences, today, you're undoubtedly dead!"

As he spoke, his hand casually reached for the gun at his waist.

"Francis! I warn you not to act recklessly!"

Natasha stood in front, coldly saying, "Dustin is my man, and if you dare to harm him, I won't spare you!"

"Hmm?"

Francis furrowed his brow, looking somewhat displeased. "Natasha, do you even know what you're saying? Are you going against me for the sake of this pretty boy?!"

"Going against you, so what? Do you really think you can do whatever you want?" Natasha showed no fear.

Francis's notorious reputation might intimidate the scions of small clans and houses, but it fell far short of intimidating him.

"Humph! You're a woman, and I won't stoop to your level."

Francis clenched his teeth, his fierce gaze shifting toward Dustin. "Kid, you're so arrogant, hiding behind a woman. Do you have the guts to face me one-on-one, a real man's duel?"

"You're not even worthy of fighting me," Dustin replied nonchalantly.

"Damn! You've got quite the mouth!" Francis's face darkened. "I'm a Fourth-Rank General of the Army, proficient in both martial and literary arts. Who do you think you are to look down on me?!"

"Being a Fourth-Rank General means nothing. You're only in this position today because the Hamilton family paved the way for you. Otherwise, do you really think you'd be so illustrious?" Dustin sneered.

He had encountered plenty of spoiled rich kids like Francis, who relied on their family's influence to secure half-baked positions while thinking they were exceptional.

"You scoundrel! I'm asking you, do you dare to fight me?"

Francis roared impatiently, "If you don't, kneel down and apologize in front of everyone, admit you're a coward, and maybe I'll spare your worthless life!"

"Since you're so eager for a beating, I'll grant your wish and teach you a lesson. Plus, I'll show you that arrogance won't get you far in life," Dustin replied calmly.

"Good! Today, I'll see what you're made of!"

Francis snorted and tossed his coat to his subordinate before striding onto the stage.

The stage performers scattered in fear.

"Husband, are you really going to fight him?" Natasha asked.

"You have to use force to intimidate brutes like him. Words won't work, and only by defeating him can we have a civilized conversation," Dustin explained.

"Fair enough," Natasha nodded slightly. "But please, be careful."

"Why, are you afraid I'll lose?" Dustin chuckled.

"Of course not." Natasha rolled her eyes. "I just want you to go easy on him. Don't beat him to a pulp; it could get messy."

She was well aware of Dustin's strength. Dealing with someone like Francis would be a walk in the park.

However, the problem was that Francis had the influential Hamilton family behind him. If Dustin went too far, it could lead to trouble.

"Don't worry; I'll just give him a lesson. If he admits defeat, there won't be any problems," Dustin replied with a faint smile.

Of course, if Francis proved to be exceptionally stubborn, Dustin wouldn't hesitate to be ruthless.

"Hey! Kid! What are you dawdling for down there? Hurry up and get on the stage!"

Onstage, Francis stood tall and imposing, exuding a domineering presence.

"Why the rush? Are you in a hurry to meet your maker?"

Dustin cast a disdainful glance and then slowly ascended the stage.

Chapter 1412 A Raging Tiger

This action drew hushed whispers from many onlookers.

"This guy's got some serious guts, huh? He actually dares to step up and challenge for real? You know, Francis is a certified military general. Dueling with someone like him, isn't that like a moth to a flame?"

"Venturing into dangerous waters out of love might seem courageous, but ultimately, it's self-inflicted misery."

"People should have some self-awareness. Wouldn't it be better to just be a pretty boy and stay out of trouble? Now, if he gets seriously beaten, he won't have any regrets."

The guests in the audience sighed and shook their heads.

In their eyes, Dustin's behavior was undeniably self-destructive.

With Miss Natasha protecting him, all he had to do was show a bit of timidity, and everything would have been fine.

But no, he had to insist on saving face and confront Francis head-on.

Now, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and he might even lose his life.

"Hmph! Utterly foolish! Isn't it nice to hide behind Miss Natasha? Why pretend and show off? Let's see how this ends for you now!" Carlos sneered.

"An arrogant fool! Does he really think he can match a Fourth-Rank General head-on just because he knows a little martial arts? He's digging his own grave!" Roselyn chimed in.

The two of them stood side by side, watching Dustin take the stage as though they were witnessing a man's last moments.

When they learned that Miss Natasha was fond of Dustin, they had been envious and jealous. But now, they didn't have to worry about it anymore because he was on his deathbed.

"Kid! I'll give you one last chance. Kneel before me, beg for mercy, and leave Natasha. I'll spare your life!" Francis stood on the stage, hands behind his back, his expression cold, and his gaze sharp.

It was as if he already had victory in the bag.

"I'll give you the same offer. Stop harassing my woman, or I'll beat you so badly that even your mother won't recognize you," Dustin replied calmly.

"You scoundrel! I see you won't cry until you see your coffin! Die!"

Francis had finally had enough and erupted in anger. He lunged forward like an arrow leaving a bowstring, and with a swift motion, he threw a powerful punch at Dustin's face.

The force behind this punch was immense, capable of splitting stones and cracking pillars.

He had always been undefeated in military martial competitions, and now, facing a pretty boy, he felt confident of an easy win.

As the roaring attack approached, Dustin didn't dodge or evade. He simply lifted his hand and caught Francis's iron fist.

"Thunk!"

The clash of fists created a muffled sound.

Dustin remained completely unmoved, showing no reaction at all.

In contrast, Francis wore a stunned expression, finding it hard to believe.

He realized that his punch, upon touching Dustin's palm, seemed to have disappeared into thin air, leaving no impact whatsoever.

His pride in his strength had suddenly become ineffective.

How could this be?

"If this is the extent of your strength, you might as well surrender now," Dustin said calmly.

"You're asking for it!"

Frustrated and humiliated, Francis unleashed all of his internal energy, then threw another punch directly at Dustin's chin.

His punch was formidable, with doubled force, like a raging tiger.

"Stubborn fool."

Dustin shook his head and gracefully sidestepped Francis's punch. At the same time, he grabbed Francis's wrist and gently pulled him forward.

Due to the inertia, Francis lost his balance and stumbled forward.

Dustin extended his foot and tripped him.

And then, with a "thud," Francis fell flat on his face, completely ungraceful and without dignity.

Chapter 1413 Inappropriate Laughter

"Huh?"

Seeing Francis, who had fallen flat on his face, the audience below couldn't help but freeze, their faces filled with astonishment.

No one had expected that the once confident and arrogant Francis would suddenly take a tumble in such a humiliating manner.

Although Francis had a notorious reputation, no one doubted his strength. To become a Fourth-Rank General and be called a formidable martial genius, he was clearly no pushover.

With Francis's skills, taking on ten or even a hundred opponents at once wouldn't be a problem.

However, this formidable general, this notorious figure, had actually fallen flat on his face like a fool.

It was quite embarrassing.

The imposing image he had built up was completely shattered.

"What's going on? How did Francis fall so suddenly?" Carlos widened his eyes, puzzled.

The actions had been too quick, and he hadn't seen clearly.

"It's an accident... it must be an accident!" Roselyn took a deep breath and started consoling herself.

A person like Dustin could never be Francis's match, she thought. It had to be a coincidence.

On the stage, Francis, who had taken a tumble, seemed a bit dazed. After several seconds, he quickly got up.

At this moment, he looked disheveled, his nose flattened, and two streaks of blood running down, staining his white shirt.

He looked somewhat ridiculous.

"Ha!"

In the audience, Natasha couldn't help but burst into laughter.

Her laughter triggered a chain reaction, and inappropriate laughter broke out in various parts of the crowd, despite their efforts to suppress it.

Although they tried their best, the laughter couldn't be contained, causing quite a commotion.

"Shut up! No one's allowed to laugh! Everyone shut up for me!"

Francis was immediately provoked, and he shouted angrily, "If anyone dares to laugh again, I'll kill their entire family!"

With these words, the laughter abruptly stopped.

The entire audience fell silent, and those who had laughed earlier lowered their heads, looking frightened.

They almost forgot that Francis was relentless, ruthless, and wouldn't hesitate to seek revenge on those who offended him.

"Damn it!"

Francis wiped away the blood from his nose, and his fierce gaze once again turned toward Dustin. He yelled, "You bastard! How dare you mock me? I'll make sure you have no resting place for your soul!"

With those words, he lunged forward like a mad beast.

His eyes, bloodshot and fierce, seemed like they wanted to devour Dustin.

"Die!"

Francis roared and no longer held back. He unleashed his ultimate move.

His fists rained down like a storm, transforming into a sea of punches that fiercely struck at Dustin.

His attack was brutal, like a hurricane and torrential rain, covering the entire stage and unstoppable.

Wherever it passed, the whistling wind and punches sounded like ghosts wailing and wolves howling, making people's scalps tingle.

"What a terrifying pressure! Could this be Hamilton family's 'Firey whirls and Flaming fist’?"

"That's right! The Firey whirls and Flaming fist is one of the Hamilton family's inherited secret techniques. When mastered, it can break through metal and stone, and its power is exceptionally fierce and unstoppable!"

"It seems that Francis is really furious. He's using the family's inherited secret technique. Dustin is in danger!"

Seeing Francis transform into a war god, many people in the audience showed shock on their faces.

To become one of the Hamilton family's elites and reach the rank of a Fourth-Rank General, he was undoubtedly no ordinary person.

"You should be finished now, shouldn't you?" Carlos and Roselyn stared intently, their faces filled with anticipation.

Having forced Francis to use the family's inherited secret technique, if Dustin still didn't die, that would be beyond belief.

"Again?"

Dustin raised an eyebrow slightly, showing impatience.

Chapter 1414 A Complete and Overwhelming Victory

Dustin had already been quite polite, refraining from hurting anyone and aiming to make Francis realize that he was outmatched. However, it seemed that Francis had no intention of backing down and was determined to continue the fight.

Seeing that Francis was not showing any restraint and attacking relentlessly, Dustin decided to put an end to it with a single punch.

It was a straightforward and brutal move.

"Boom!"

A loud explosion rang out.

The overwhelming and fierce storm of punches that had covered the sky like a landslide was shattered by Dustin's single punch. The shockwave sent Francis flying several meters away, and he landed heavily on the ground, unable to get up.

"Puff!"

As soon as he hit the ground, Francis spewed out a mouthful of blood, and his face instantly turned pale. His bones felt as if they had been shattered, and he was in excruciating pain. He couldn't muster any strength and even struggled to turn over.

"What?!"

Seeing this scene, the entire audience erupted in astonishment.

One by one, they widened their eyes, their faces filled with disbelief.

When Francis had unleashed his ultimate move, they had all thought that Dustin was doomed.

However, no one had expected that Dustin would be so powerful that he could easily shatter the Hamilton family's secret technique with just one punch and send Francis flying with a single strike.

It was a complete and overwhelming victory.

His strength was truly terrifying!

"Am I seeing things? Did Francis really lose? And he lost so miserably?"

"A Fourth-Rank General, defeated by a little pretty boy? It's unbelievable."

"My goodness! Are all the pretty boys nowadays this strong? This is mind-blowing!"

Looking at the disheveled and defeated Francis, the crowd exchanged bewildered glances, finding it hard to believe.

Initially, they had thought that Dustin was just a freeloading BTS wanna-be with no real abilities. However, it turned out that his combat prowess was incredibly strong, defeating Francis, who was a military general, with ease.

It was truly astonishing to everyone.

"How... how is this possible? Why should this guy be able to defeat Francis?" Carlos and Roselyn wore stunned expressions, their faces filled with shock.

The sudden turn of events hit them like a heavy hammer, making them feel a sense of disbelief. They had only wanted to see Dustin defeated, humiliated, and even killed, but things had turned out completely contrary to their wishes.

This feeling was even worse than eating feces.

"The match is over. Remember, stay away from my woman from now on," Dustin said indifferently as he walked off the stage without looking back.

At this moment, the way people looked at Dustin changed. It seemed that this pretty boy was not as simple as they had initially thought.

"You damn bastard! Just die!"

Seeing Dustin's departing figure, Francis gritted his teeth, his face twisted with ferocity.

Ignoring everything, he drew the pistol from his waist and forcefully pulled the trigger.

"Be careful behind you!"

Natasha's face changed suddenly, and she quickly shouted a warning.

However, as she spoke, the gunshot had already sounded.

"Bang, bang, bang..."

Several gunshots rang out, and a few unlucky guests were hit by stray bullets, lying on the ground groaning in pain.

On the other hand, the intended target, Dustin, had disappeared once again.

When he reappeared, he was already standing in front of Francis.

The two locked eyes, with a distance of less than half a meter between them.

At this moment, Dustin's face was cold, his eyes filled with fierce determination, and a murderous aura surrounded him.

"You... are looking for death!"

Chapter 1415 The Wisest Choice

"Ah?"

Francis, who had fired several shots in vain, felt a sudden blur before his eyes.

Dustin, ten meters away, had suddenly appeared in front of him, moving at an unbelievable speed.

"You... are asking for death!"

A cold voice rang in Francis's ears.

Francis's face changed, and he raised his gun to shoot again. Before he could pull the trigger, Dustin grabbed his wrist and squeezed hard.

"Snap!"

A crisp sound, and Francis's wrist broke on the spot, causing his fingers holding the gun to go limp.

"Ah!"

After a brief moment of shock, Francis let out a piercing scream.

But before he could finish, Dustin punched him in the abdomen.

"Splat!"

Blood sprayed out, and Francis flew like a cannonball, soaring more than ten meters before crashing heavily into the wall, creating several cracks.

His body paused on the wall for a second, then slowly slid down like mud.

His head hung, blood flowing from his mouth and nose, and countless bones in his body felt broken.

With just one punch, Francis was turned into a cripple.

Witnessing this scene, the onlookers were left speechless in astonishment.

From Francis drawing his gun to launch a surprise attack, to Dustin's counterattack, and finally to Francis being incapacitated.

The entire process happened very quickly, within just two or three seconds, leaving the guests at the scene somewhat stunned.

"No sense of honor? Launching a sneak attack? Is this all you've got?"

Dustin approached, his face cold, and placed a foot on Francis's chest.

"You... (cough)!"

Francis was about to say something but coughed up more blood, feeling as if his chest were about to burst open.

His heart was under tremendous pressure, as if it would explode with the slightest added force from Dustin.

"Stop!"

At this moment, Carlos suddenly jumped out and shouted, "Hey! Dustin! You've got some nerve! Release Francis now!"

"What? You want to meddle too?"

Dustin turned slowly, his eyes sharp, making Carlos shrink back, feeling inexplicably anxious.

However, thinking about his own wealth and the opportunity to align himself with the Hamilton family, he gritted his teeth, summoned his courage, and took a few steps forward again.

"Dustin! You're too audacious!"

"Francis has a noble status, and if you harm him, the consequences will be severe!"

"If you're smart, release Francis immediately and apologize voluntarily. That way, you might still have a way out!"

Carlos held his head high, trying to assert himself.

If he managed to protect Francis today, it would undoubtedly be a great accomplishment. Perhaps even the entire Grantwood family would benefit from it.

"That's right! I command you to release him immediately, or you'll face dire consequences!" Roselyn followed suit.

Although Francis was in a sorry state now, it didn't change the fact that his status was noble. If she could catch Francis's eye, even if she became his girl plaything, it would be a great honor.

"What if I don't release him?" Dustin sneered.

"You dare!" Roselyn glared.

"Dustin! A wise man knows when to stop. I advise you not to self-destruct!" Carlos shouted sternly.

Although most of the others remained silent, they shared similar thoughts.

While Dustin had some strength, he lacked a powerful background. Even with support from Natasha, he couldn't challenge the Hamilton family.

Knowing when to back down was the wisest choice.

"Is that so?"

Dustin slowly increased the pressure with his foot, causing Francis's eyes to roll back, his face turning red, and his chest feeling as though a mountain was crushing him.

He could no longer breathe, and his heart felt like it might explode at any moment.

Chapter 1416 The Two Idiots

A wave of deathly fear surged through him, filling his entire body.

"Don't... don't kill me... what happened today, it's all a misunderstanding," Francis hoarsely squeezed out a few words.

In this moment, he was genuinely terrified.

When death approaches, all notions of identity, status, and dignity become utterly insignificant.

As long as he could stay alive, he was willing to abandon all of these.

He still had a beautiful life ahead of him and endless wealth and glory to enjoy. There was no need for him to risk his life in a fight.

"Lord Francis! You don't need to be afraid; this guy won't dare to harm you, he's just trying to scare you!" Roselyn reassured him.

"Scare me?"

Francis's mouth twitched, almost bursting out in a curse.

With his chest about to be crushed, was this still called scaring?

"Lord Francis! Hang in there. I've called for help. Once reinforcements arrive, this Dustin guy won't be able to escape!" Roselyn continued to encourage.

Damn it! Can you just shut up?

Francis raged inwardly. His life was in Dustin's hands, and now was not the time to provoke him. If he hadn't been rendered powerless, he would have loved to punch Roselyn in the face.

You're supposed to be comforting someone, not making threats. Do you want me to die faster?

"Buddy, we don't have to fight. If you release me now, I'll pretend today never happened. How about that?" Francis weakly proposed.

"If I let you go, You’ll probably try to kill me when you get the chance, right?" Dustin responded coldly.

"No... that won't happen..." Francis shook his head repeatedly. "I can swear that I won't hold you responsible."

"You won't hold me responsible, but I will hold you accountable," Dustin insisted. "You dared to provoke the woman I care about and acted arrogantly. And now you dare ask me to spare your life? It's not going to be that easy."

"What do you want, then?" Francis asked nervously.

"First, make a public apology; second, never harass my woman again; third, compensate me for emotional distress. If you do these things, I'll let you go," Dustin laid out his conditions.

"I..."

Before Francis could respond, Roselyn interrupted, "You're dreaming! Who do you think you are? You actually dare to demand an apology from Lord Francis? You're delusional!"

"Dustin! I warn you not to push your luck! Release Lord Francis, surrender, and there might still be a way out. If you persist, death is your only fate!" Carlos shouted.

The two of them were in perfect harmony, chanting their lines as if they had rehearsed them.

"You... you..." Francis, in frustration, coughed up another mouthful of blood.

These two jerks were pushing him further into the fire!

"Lord Francis, don't get agitated. Reinforcements will arrive soon. Hang on!" Carlos tried to reassure him.

"Dustin! You'd better release Lord Francis right now, or I'll fight you!" Roselyn threatened loudly.

She even sneaked a glance at Francis, thinking her dedication to the cause might earn her his favor.

"..."

Francis clenched his teeth, his eyes filled with rage, which now, strangely enough, surpassed his anger towards Dustin.

These two idiots, if I make it out of here alive, I swear I'll break their legs!

"Francis, do you agree to my conditions, or do you want to continue this senseless struggle? It's your choice," Dustin said coldly.

"I agree... I agree to your conditions," Francis finally compromised.

Damn it, if this goes on, I'll die from bleeding out.

"Very well, I hope you'll keep your word."

Dustin nodded and finally released his foot.

Francis felt his whole body lighten, and the impending sense of death gradually faded. He felt as if he had received a pardon, desperately gasping for the air around him.

The pressure that Dustin had just exerted on him was just too overwhelming.

He could be sure that if he showed even the slightest stubbornness or any inclination for revenge, he might have been killed on the spot!

This guy is an absolute maniac!

Chapter 1417 Arrogant and Ignorant

"Heavy breathing... heavy breathing..."

Francis gasped for air, his body covered in cold sweat, feeling like he had just survived a life-or-death ordeal.

He never dreamed that the young man by Natasha's side, the so-called "little white face," would turn out to be this strong, acting boldly and without any regard for the Hamilton family.

Was he simply arrogant and ignorant?

Or did he have a reason to be fearless?

"Lord Francis, are you okay?"

At this moment, Carlos and Roselyn boldly approached, expressing their loyalty and concern.

Their earlier shouting and threats towards Dustin were all aimed at winning Lord Francis's favor, after all.

If they could use this opportunity to become his confidants and enter the upper echelons of society, they could rise to great heights.

"Lord Francis, you didn't need to be afraid of him at all just now. You could have confronted him directly. I doubt he would have dared to do anything to you!" Roselyn proudly pointed at Dustin.

In her view, Dustin was just putting on airs.

After all, as long as one had a bit of common sense, they wouldn't dare to challenge the Hamilton family's authority.

"Lord Francis, if you don't agree, let’s do this again," Dustin said emotionlessly.

"Try and you'll die!" Roselyn glared. "Lord Francis! Reinforcements will arrive soon. As long as you say the word, I promise to make him pay a heavy price!"

"For heaven's sake, just shut up!" Francis gritted his teeth and was about to continue when he stumbled and almost fell to the ground.

"Lord Francis, this is my friend, Roselyn. I don't know what she did to offend you, but please calm down" Carlos tried to speak up, but before he could finish, Francis backhandedly slapped him in the face, cursing, "Shut up! Get the hell out of here!"

"What?!"

Carlos was sent stumbling and almost fell.

Holding his throbbing face, he looked bewildered.

Damn it, is this guy really so confused that he can't even tell friend from foe?

Ignoring Dustin, he's venting his anger on us for no reason?

"Both of you scumbags, say one more word, and I'll tear your mouths apart!" Francis was seething with anger, looking ferocious.

Carlos and Roselyn were scared into silence, not daring to make a sound.

This guy is really unpredictable!

"Francis, it's time to fulfill your promise," Dustin reminded.

Francis took a deep breath, forcibly calming his emotions. With a somewhat unpleasant expression, he turned his head and said, "I'm sorry; I was too impulsive just now. I did something wrong, and I apologize to you. Furthermore, I promise not to harass Natasha anymore. Is that enough?"

Although he felt humiliated and lost face, he had to swallow his pride. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

"What? Did Lord Francis actually apologize?"

The crowd was in an uproar upon hearing Francis's words.

The title of "Demon King" is not a joke. Even if he had beaten someone up, it was the person who got beaten who had to apologize. But they had never seen Francis apologize to anyone before.

Chapter 1418 King’s Ransom

This was truly an unprecedented turn of events.

"..." Carlos and Roselyn exchanged glances, wearing expressions of disbelief.

They never expected that their efforts to curry favor with Francis would lead to this. He had caved in so easily, publicly apologizing after being threatened by a mere pretty boy.

What a disgrace!

That so-called "Demon King" wasn't as tough as they had thought.

Natasha watched quietly, a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

Indeed, her man was domineering and never indulged these pampered playboys.

"What compensation do you intend to offer for my emotional distress?" Dustin spoke up again.

"You name your price," Francis replied.

"I see your Hamilton family isn't short of money, so let's say three to five billion?" Dustin casually suggested.

"What? Three to five billion? Are you out of your mind?" Roselyn couldn't help but exclaim.

"Dustin! You've gone too far!" Carlos said with a stern face.

Was this guy crazy?

Not only did he beat up Francis, but now he wanted him to pay up, and he started with three to five billion, even though he hadn't harmed a hair on him.

He was practically demanding a king's ransom (a huge amount of money; a fortune)!

"What? You think it's too little? Then let's add a few more billion," Dustin raised the stakes without hesitation.

"You—!" Roselyn was about to unleash a tirade but was silenced by a fierce glare from Francis. She immediately turned pale, covering her mouth and nose, too frightened to speak.

"Give me some time to gather the money. By this time tomorrow, I'll pay you every penny," Francis said firmly.

"Deal," Dustin said with a faint smile. "It's settled then."

Francis didn't say anything, just nodded.

Damn, this was so humiliating. He had never been treated like this before. But given the current situation, he had no choice.

"Quick! Surround this place for me!" a shout rang out suddenly.

A group of heavily armed soldiers stormed in, blocking all entrances and exits to the banquet hall.

The man leading them was a middle-aged man in his forties or fifties, dressed in military uniform, with a commanding presence.

Judging by the shoulder insignia, his rank was even higher than Francis's.

"It's Rupert from the Hamilton family!" there was a collective gasp in the room upon seeing the middle-aged man.

The Hamilton family was vast and had ten children in total. Among them, Rupert, was one of the outstanding ones. In his forties, he held the rank of a second-grade Military General.

With substantial military power and tremendous influence!

Most importantly, Rupert was known for fiercely protecting his own. Anyone who dared to harm a member of the Hamilton family would face his relentless suppression.

Little did they expect that Rupert, known for his explosive temper, would be called upon due to Francis's beating.

It seemed like things had escalated.

Anybody who dared to stick their neck out today would be digging their own grave.

"He's here, he's finally here! Reinforcements from the Hamilton family have arrived!" Roselyn couldn't contain her joy upon seeing this.

After waiting so eagerly, she had finally seen the Hamilton family's reinforcements arrive, making her hard work pay off.

"Dustin, oh, Dustin, your days are numbered!" Carlos sneered coldly.

Francis had been severely beaten by Dustin, undoubtedly offending Rupert, known for his fierce protectiveness. Once Rupert lost his temper, not even Miss Natasha could stop him.

Dustin was in big trouble!

"Uncle Rupert! You're finally here!" Francis's eyes lit up as if he had seen a savior, hobbling toward Rupert.

"You useless piece of trash!" Rupert said with a stern face, without saying another word, he slapped Francis across the face.

Chapter 1419 The Martial Clan

*Smack!*

Out of nowhere, a resounding slap left Francis dumbfounded, taking him by surprise.

The others were equally baffled, struggling to make sense of the situation.

Wasn't Uncle Rupert from the Hamilton family here to support Francis? Then why, upon their first meeting, did he just slap his own nephew?

"Uncle Rupert, why did you hit me?" Francis, his face burning, appeared somewhat aggrieved.

Outside, he might be the infamous Demon King, but in front of Rupert, he was undoubtedly a mouse encountering a cat. His current status was largely thanks to his uncle's support.

"Hmph! Why do you think I hit you? Don't you have any self-awareness?" Rupert snapped back. "I've told you countless times. You can fight, cause trouble, and be reckless all you want outside. No matter what you do, the Hamilton family will cover for you. But there's one thing we absolutely won't tolerate—you can't lose in a fight!"

"Our Hamilton family doesn't raise cowards or weaklings. You're a fourth-grade Military General, and you can't even beat a pretty boy. You're making the Hamilton family lose face!"

"So, tell me—should you be punished or not?"

By the end of his rant, Rupert was practically shouting.

"I..." Francis was at a loss for words, bowing his head in shame.

The Hamilton family was a martial clan, known for producing generations of great generals. Martial prowess was highly esteemed within the family.

From a young age, there was an unspoken rule among the Hamilton family's descendants—falling behind in any aspect was acceptable, except in fighting. If you lost a fight outside, you'd face a beating when you returned home.

"You're useless! After this, take eighty lashes by yourself, then kneel at the family shrine for three days and three nights!" Rupert ordered.

"Yes," Francis replied meekly, not daring to argue.

Watching Rupert's furious outburst, the people in the banquet hall exchanged bewildered glances. Their eyes revealed a mix of curiosity and astonishment.

It had to be said that the Hamilton family's approach to education was quite unique. Most families would typically restrict their younger members from causing trouble or making a scene.

However, the Hamilton family did the opposite—not only did they not restrain their young members, but they also encouraged mischief. The only requirement was that they couldn't lose fights outside, as it would tarnish the Hamilton family's reputation.

It was no wonder Francis earned the title of the Demon King. With such an educational philosophy, who could endure it?

"Who bullied my nephew just now? Step forward and let me have a look!" After reprimanding Francis, Rupert strode to the center of the room, his sharp gaze scanning the surroundings.

"Uncle Rupert! It's him, Dustin Rhys! He's the one who beat up Lord Francis!" Roselyn reacted swiftly, immediately pointing at Dustin, attempting to put on a show.

"Oh?" Rupert squinted his eyes and turned to look.

However, when his gaze landed on Dustin's face, he couldn't help but be slightly taken aback.

This young man...why did he look somewhat familiar?

"Rupert, if there are any issues, it's because of me. If you have any grievances, take them out on me," Lady Natasha stepped forward, blocking Dustin.

Rupert was a battle-hardened general, holding the rank of a second-grade official and possessing remarkable combat abilities. He was vastly superior to pampered youths like Francis.

"Men's matters should not involve women," Rupert stated.

He sized up Dustin, feeling increasingly uneasy. This young man looked familiar, and the surname "Rhys" carried significant weight. In the capital, there might not be a prominent "Rhys" family, but that didn't diminish the importance of the "Rhys" surname. On the contrary, the "Rhys" surname was on par with the imperial “Vanderbilt” family, thanks to the legendary Theswe King Rufus of the West Lucozia, who shared the same surname.

If it had been any other time, it wouldn't have been a big deal. However, the fact that this young man seemed so familiar and bore the “Rhys” surname left Rupert's mind racing.

"Young man, have we met before?" Rupert scratched his chin.

Chapter 1420 A Place of Rules

"Have we?" Dustin replied casually.

"I'm asking you, do you know who I am?" Rupert asked again.

"You just told, Rupert of Hamilton family, a second-grade Military General," Dustin replied.

"Since you know my name and title, why aren't you afraid at all?" Rupert found it a bit strange.

Ordinary people would tremble in his presence, but this young man appeared calm and composed, as if he didn't care about him at all.

Was he fearless or simply ignorant?

"Why should I be afraid?" Dustin replied calmly. "Stonia is a place of rules. Your nephew, Francis, challenged me to a fight voluntarily and accepted his defeat. Everyone present can attest to that. Your Hamilton family, as part of the royal family of Stonia, wouldn't take advantage of your position, right?"

"Heh heh... smart lad," Rupert squinted his eyes and said, "You're right. Francis lost because of his own lack of skill. We won't bully the weak based on our strength. However, you've beaten a member of my Hamilton family, so we can't just let it slide."

"Tell me, Rupert, what do you plan to do?" Dustin asked in return.

"Where you fall, you must climb back up from there," Rupert said calmly. "Three days from now, you and the young members of our Hamilton family will have another fight, and it will be a fight to the death. Are you willing?"

When the younger generation lost face, they naturally had to regain it themselves.

The Hamilton family took fighting very seriously.

"Since you're so interested, I'll play along to the end. However, we need to up the stakes a bit," Dustin spoke again.

"Oh? What kind of stakes? Tell me," Rupert rubbed his chin.

"It's simple. If I win, your Hamilton family has to do something for me," Dustin said.

"Win? Heh heh heh..." Rupert laughed. "Kid, do you even know what you're talking about? Do you think everyone from my Hamilton family are losers?"

Among the young members of the Hamilton family, Francis's combat prowess ranked tenth at best. The truly talented geniuses were carefully nurtured by the family and rarely appeared in public.

For an unknown young man, how could he compete with the carefully cultivated talents of the Hamilton family?

"Rupert, I'm asking you again, do we have a bet?" Dustin remained calm.

"You want to bet, right? Fine! I'll play along!" Rupert agreed readily, then shifted his tone. "But what if you lose?"

"If I lose, you can do whatever you want with me," Dustin replied.

"Good! Bold! We'll see each other in three days!" Rupert smiled coldly.

With so many martial talents in the Hamilton family, if they couldn't even beat an unknown newcomer, they might as well hang themselves.

"It's a deal," Dustin said with a hint of a smile.

"Dismissed!"

Rupert didn't say much more. With a wave of his hand, he left with his entourage.

"Wait..."

Seeing this, Roselyn suddenly panicked and rushed forward, trying to dissuade Rupert. "Uncle Rupert, please don't be fooled! This guy is trying to deceive you. If you let him go today, he'll escape tomorrow!"

"Are you teaching me how to handle things?" Rupert's face darkened.

"You hold a high position and may not understand the treacherous hearts of men. I know Dustin very well. He's cunning, devious, and shameless. You must not trust him!" Roselyn earnestly advised.

"My Hamilton family will find the person we're looking for no matter where he goes," Rupert replied coldly.

"But..."

Roselyn was about to say more when Rupert suddenly slapped her across the face with a resounding *smack*, scolding her, "Are you done yet? Daring to dictate in front of me? Have you had enough? Get lost!"

The slap was forceful, causing Roselyn to stumble and fall to the ground. Her face swelled visibly, her mouth twisted, and blood started to flow.

"Uncle Rupert! Calm down!" Carlos immediately rushed forward with a forced smile. "I'm a member of the Grantwood family. This is Roselyn, a family member. Please show some mercy, Uncle Rupert, and don't trouble her."

"Mercy?" Rupert stared with anger. He then slapped Carlos across the face, saying, "Who do you think you are? Do you think you're worthy of asking for mercy from me?"

"No more... no more..." Carlos covered his face, looking terrified.

"It's too late!"

Rupert waved his hand and ordered, "Get these two troublemakers and give them eighty lashes each, until they're incapacitated!"

RyanBang™

Grandmaster & Disciple of Sex Sect
Reaction score
meron pa po ba gusto ko pa mag basa hahaha

KF Moderator
Reaction score
Chapter 1421 The Two Mad Dogs & Eighty Slahes

Amidst cries of agony, Carlos and Roselyn were taken away.

No matter how they explained or pleaded, it was all in vain.

Originally, Rupert was already somewhat annoyed, and now these two fools who didn't know any better had to show up, so he naturally had to let off some steam.

Blame it on Carlos and Roselyn for just happening to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Clearly, there was nothing going on, but they had to meddle and stir up trouble, acting as if they were the ones in the right.

In the end, they were seeking their own demise.

The eighty lashes in the military were not to be taken lightly.

Even for physically strong martial artists, after a good beating, they would need to rest for ten days to half a month.

For ordinary people who hadn't trained, let alone been used to it, getting beaten to death or crippled was not uncommon.

"Husband, those two who were just taken away seem to resent you a lot. Have you offended them before?" Natasha couldn't help but ask curiously as she watched them being forcibly dragged away.

"They're just two mad dogs, no need to pay them any attention," Dustin shook his head.

Carlos and Roselyn were typical bullies who flattered and fawned over those more powerful while looking down on others. On one hand, they were obsequious and lowly, ingratiating themselves with the powerful; on the other hand, they were arrogant and looked down on others.

Perhaps in their eyes, he was just a poor country bumpkin who deserved to be trampled underfoot and would never rise in his life.

But whenever he achieved something, they would feel uneasy and start to create trouble, using all sorts of underhanded methods and sarcastic comments.

In short, they couldn't stand him having any success.

These people's hearts were too dark, their contradictions too deep, and their malice too vile.

Their current fate was purely a result of their own actions.

"Husband, the Hamilton family is a martial aristocratic and royal family. Their family members have trained in martial arts since childhood, and they have many experts. Are you sure about competing with them in martial arts? It's quite risky here in Stonia," Natasha expressed her concerns.

She knew that Dustin was very powerful, but Stonia was different from Millsburg. There were hidden dragons and crouching tigers here, and strong individuals were plentiful. A single careless move could lead to a disadvantage.

"Don't worry, I'll only accept the challenge if I'm confident. The Hamilton family won't be able to harm me," Dustin said confidently with a smile.

"A fair and open duel is one thing, but I'm afraid the Hamilton family might use tricks," Natasha said. "How about this? On the day of the battle, I'll invite my grandfather to oversee the situation. With him there, the Hamilton family won't dare to act recklessly."

"No need for that, right? It's just a small matter, why involve the Grand Duke?" Dustin politely declined.

"It's a matter of your safety; how can you call it a small matter?" Natasha raised her eyebrows and said solemnly. "Listen to me, I insist. If my grandfather doesn't agree, I'll drag him over myself!"

Dustin couldn't help but laugh so hard.

With Natasha's personality, she would definitely follow through with what she said.

However, this approach seemed a bit too rough.

"Oh, by the way, there's something I'm not sure if I should tell you," Natasha changed the topic.

"What is it? Feel free to tell me," Dustin smiled.

"A few days ago, I saw Dahlia in Stonia," Natasha suddenly said.

"Dahlia?" Dustin's smile faded. "What is she doing in Stonia?"

"I'm not sure," Natasha shook her head. "But I saw her mingling well. She's surrounded by a group of high-ranking officials and nobles, and her status and position have changed significantly."

"Maybe she had some business matters here. Anyway, it has nothing to do with me," Dustin shrugged.

"What, don't you want to see her?" Natasha asked with a smile that wasn't quite a smile.

"Why would I want to see her? It would just be a waste of time. Now, she's on her own path, and I'm on mine. Pretending to be strangers is the best outcome for both of us," Dustin replied calmly.

"That's true. After all, she has lost her memory, so she probably won't bother you anymore," Natasha said.

Chapter 1422 The Choice: To Suffer or Die Instantly?

Natasha smiled and casually hooked her arm through Dustin's: "Let's go, I'll show you around, and we can check out our Princess Royal Group along the way."

In a spacious and well-lit room in the Stratford family's Willowbrook residence:

Dominic sat face-to-face with Isabela, chatting and nibbling on snacks.

"Dominic, why hasn't Master Heinrich arrived yet? He wouldn't dare to stand us up, would he?" Isabela glanced at the time, clearly growing impatient.

She had been waiting for nearly an hour, and there was still no sign of him.

"Isabela, be patient. Master Heinrich is a busy man. Let's give him a bit more time; I believe he'll arrive soon." Dominic smiled, trying to ease her frustration.

As he finished speaking, the room's door suddenly swung open with a loud click.

Following that, a senior-looking man in a dark robe, his demeanor icy, strode in.

The old man in black robes had his hands folded behind his back, his expression cold and arrogant. He exuded an air of profound mystery and power from head to toe.

"Master Heinrich, you've finally arrived."

Dominic's eyes lit up, and he promptly stood up to greet him.

"The item I requested, have you prepared it?" The man in black robes took a seat calmly, speaking in a low and mysterious tone.

"It's all ready." Dominic nodded and placed a piece of clothing on the table. "This is the clothing Dustin wore. I had it stolen."

"Excellent, with this, that kid won't be able to escape even if he had wings." The man in black robes nodded in satisfaction.

Dustin's actions at the Torby family had left him humiliated. This time, Dominic's offer was an opportunity to settle a personal score, so why wouldn't he seize it?

"Master Heinrich, it's just a piece of clothing. How can it be of any use?" Isabela expressed her doubt.

"What? Are you questioning my abilities?" The man in black robes responded with irritation.

"Don't misunderstand, Master Heinrich. Isabela is just curious. We've never encountered something like this before," Dominic quickly intervened, trying to smooth things over with a smile.

"Frankly, clothing can retain a person's scent, and though we may not detect it, some things can. Even from afar, it can accurately track down the person." The man in black robes explained.

"Oh? What is this incredible thing?" Isabela suddenly became intrigued.

"It involves secret techniques of our sect, and I can't disclose it." The man in black robes replied casually.

Isabela frowned, slightly displeased, but eventually, she let it go.

"Master Heinrich, shall we proceed?" Dominic changed the subject.

"Yes."

The man in black robes nodded and pulled out two sealed bamboo tubes from his bag.

The bamboo tube on the left had a green cloth covering, while the one on the right had a red cloth.

"The green bamboo tube contains poison; if someone is bitten by it, they will endure excruciating pain, as if a thousand ants are gnawing at their bones, wishing for life but unable to die."

"The red bamboo tube contains a deadly toxin; if someone is bitten by it, they will bleed from all seven orifices and die within three minutes."

"Now, it's up to you to choose: Do you want him to suffer or die instantly?"

The man in black robes introduced the options and handed the choice over to the two people in front of him.

"Isabela, what do you think we should choose?" Dominic asked with a sideways glance.

"Killing him outright means we don’t make him suffer." Isabela's face turned cold, her eyes gleaming with malice. "For daring to oppose me, I want him to suffer, to regret his choices, to kneel before me, beg for forgiveness, and admit his mistakes!"

Upon hearing this, Dominic couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

Damn, she really lives up to the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"!

Chapter 1423 Teach Him a Lesson

The fierce expression on Isabela's face sent shivers down Dominic's spine. He had expected her to hesitate a bit, but she was now demanding that Dustin suffer greatly, right from the start.

After all, Dustin had helped her before. Wasn't this a bit too harsh?

Thinking back to his own actions earlier, he couldn't help but feel a bit shaky.

Fortunately, he had the Stratford family backing him. Otherwise, in the hands of this crazed woman, he couldn't imagine the grim fate that awaited him.

"Dominic, is there a problem?" Isabela flashed another smile, portraying herself as harmless.

Compared to her earlier sinister and ruthless demeanor, it was like night and day.

"No, no problem!" Dominic chuckled. "That kid deserves it for offending our precious one. He should pay the price!"

"Indeed, Dominic, you always look out for me."

Isabela sweetly smiled and pointed to the green bamboo tube. "Master Heinrich, let's use the poison from this one to teach that ignorant fellow a lesson!"

The man in black robes nodded without saying much.

He then cut a piece of cloth from the garment and dripped some blood onto it before tossing it into the green bamboo tube.

After doing all this, the man in black robes chanted some mysterious words, putting on a show.

With a sudden flourish, he lifted the green cloth and gave a light command, "Go!"

"Buzz!"

At the instant the green cloth was opened, a black venomous creature shot out at incredible speed and disappeared through the door.

"It's done; we'll have results within an hour."

The man in black robes straightened his robes, sat back down, and began sipping tea and enjoying snacks.

"Thank you for your efforts, Master Heinrich."

Dominic smiled and raised his hand. "Bring in the wine!"

Following his command, a lavish spread of food and wine was quickly brought in, accompanied by an exquisite wooden box.

Upon opening it, the box was filled with gold bars.

"Master Heinrich, please accept this as a token of our appreciation."

Dominic pushed the wooden box filled with gold bars forward.

"No need to be so formal. It's my honor to help Stratford’s Young Lord."

The man in black robes, in a rare moment, revealed a slight smile as he naturally accepted the gold bars.

Compared to paper money, he had always preferred these sparkling golden treasures.

"Master Heinrich, let me propose a toast to you, in anticipation of our fruitful cooperation in the future."

Dominic poured three glasses of wine, one for each of them.

They clinked glasses and drank their respective glasses in one go.

Soon, the three of them were engaged in lively conversation, their spirits gradually rising.

Dominic was quite interested in the mystic arts and asked for some knowledge in that area.

In return for the gold bars, the man in black robes was more than willing to share his knowledge, telling them everything they wanted to know.

After some discussion, Dominic learned that Master Heinrich originally came from the Mystic Arts Order.

So-called ‘mystic arts’ were, in fact, ‘witchcraft’, just dressed up in more pleasing words.

Dominic and the man in black robes had an interesting discussion, but Isabela, sitting on the side, was sulking.

She had no interest in the topics they were discussing and felt left out.

After three rounds of drinks and a sumptuous meal, Isabela couldn't hold back any longer and asked, "Master Heinrich, you said we would see results within an hour, but time has passed, and we haven't heard anything. Could it be that the thing you released failed?"

"Hmm?"

Hearing her words, the man in black robes' smile faded. "Why, Miss Torby, do you doubt my abilities?"

"I'm just curious and find it strange. I'm afraid there might be some unexpected issues along the way," Isabela replied with a slight frown.

"What could possibly go wrong? My poison creatures are carefully bred and have undergone numerous tests. They have never failed. Once they set their sights on their prey, even if the target flees to the ends of the earth, it's futile!" The man in black robes spoke with unwavering confidence.

"If that's the case, why haven't we heard anything yet? How can you be sure it succeeded?" Isabela inquired once more.

Chapter 1424 Getting Closer to Success

"The things I raise, normally require blood essence to recognize their master. Over time, a certain kind of connection will develop, and once successful, I can immediately sense it," the elderly man in black explained.

"Wow, that's amazing!" Isabela raised an eyebrow.

"This is an arcane art (secret or mysterious art); young ladies like you naturally wouldn't understand its mysteries," the man in black pretended to be profound.

"But what if it doesn't succeed?" Isabela added.

"Hmm?"

At these words, the man in black couldn't help but furrow his brow.

Is this woman deliberately looking for trouble?

"How is that possible?"

Seeing the tense atmosphere, Dominic quickly tried to ease it. "Isabela, don't overthink it. Master Heinrich's arcane arts are infallible, he's never made a mistake before, so failure is impossible."

"What if... I mean, what if?" Isabela immediately clarified.

"Hmph! There won't be any 'what ifs'!"

The man in black's face darkened, and he said coldly, "As long as that kid isn't invulnerable and spiritually enlightened, he's destined to meet his doom!"

"I don't understand all of this. I just want to know if there's a reaction when it fails," Isabela persisted.

"You..."

The man in black was getting a bit irritated.

Is she made of wood? Can't she understand plain language?

I've already said it won't fail, but she insists on digging deeper.

"Master Heinrich, don't be angry, Isabela is just curious," Dominic also felt somewhat embarrassed.

Indeed, she's a pampered young lady, completely lacking in insight.

"Hmph!"

The man in black lifted his wine glass, downed it in one go, then slammed the glass onto the table, saying coldly, "If it truly fails, I can only blame my own lack of skill. Even if it backfires on me, it's my own fault!"

"Backfire? What do you mean by backfire?" Isabela continued her probing.

"Light symptoms include dizziness and weakness; severe cases can leave one debilitated for three days," the man in black replied in a deep voice.

"I see," Isabela nodded in understanding.

So, there is a reaction when it fails.

"Miss Torby, are you satisfied now?" The man in black's expression turned somewhat unpleasant.

"Don't misunderstand, Master Heinrich. I was just asking casually," Isabela smiled.

"Wait..."

Just as the man in black was about to say something, his expression suddenly froze. "I can feel it, the poison is stirring, it should be getting close to the target."

"Really?"

Hearing this, Isabela and Dominic immediately perked up, their eyes fixed on him, waiting for more information.

"It's getting closer... close to success!"

The man in black closed his eyes, carefully sensing it, his emotions becoming somewhat excited.

"Keep going... just a little more."

The man in black muttered to himself.

Both Isabela and Dominic were on edge.

"Haha... it's... "

Suddenly, the man in black opened his eyes, but in the next moment, his body trembled violently, as if struck by lightning!

The next second, the man in black "puffed" and spewed out a mouthful of blood.

His whole body rolled his eyes and collapsed to the ground.

Unconscious.

"Ah?"

Seeing this scene, Isabela and Dominic were completely baffled.

Wide-eyed, they looked at each other, bewildered.

What's going on? Didn't he say it was about to succeed?

Why did he start bleeding?

Chapter 1425 Incredibly Powerful Entity

"Master Heinrich!"

After realizing what had happened, Dominic quickly helped the man up.

He shouted and pinched the man's acupressure point, but instead of waking up, the man in black started convulsing violently.

Blood started flowing from his nose, making it all the more frightening.

"What's wrong with Master Heinrich? Could he have encountered some evil spirit?" Isabela widened her eyes.

Just moments ago, he was perfectly fine, and now he suddenly collapsed, convulsing like a madman; it was utterly bewildering.

"Quick! We need to get him to the hospital!" Dominic was becoming frantic and promptly ordered the servants to carry the man in black out of the room and rush him to the hospital.

Master Heinrich was no ordinary person; he belonged to the Mystic Arts Order. If he were to die in the Stratford residence, it would undoubtedly lead to enormous trouble.

As the night deepened, inside a certain ward at Willowbrook Hospital.

After some emergency treatment, the man in black finally stabilized.

Dominic paced back and forth in the room, his expression somewhat anxious.

On the other hand, Isabela leisurely nibbled on a banana, acting as though she had nothing to do with the situation.

She simply didn't care whether Master Heinrich lived or died; she was only concerned about whether he had achieved his goal.

"Dominic, don't be so nervous. Master Heinrich is a master; he definitely won't have any problems," Isabela said nonchalantly.

"True, that's what I hope for. But what happened just now was really scary. If something were to happen to Master Heinrich, it could spell big trouble for us," Dominic said with a furrowed brow.

"What kind of trouble could there be? He's just a master of the arcane arts. With the power of our two major families, we have nothing to fear," Isabela said dismissively.

In this region of Willowbrook, the Torby and Stratford families held sway. While arcane art masters were rare, both families had the resources to easily hire several of them at a high cost.

"Isabela, things aren't as simple as you think..."

Just as Dominic was about to explain further, the man in black lying on the hospital bed suddenly coughed twice and slowly opened his eyes.

"Master Heinrich, you're finally awake!"

Dominic's eyes lit up, and he quickly approached, asking, "How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

"Where am I? How did I get here?"

The man in black rubbed his temples, his mind still a bit foggy.

"Master Heinrich, you spat up blood and fainted earlier. Don't you remember?" Dominic was puzzled.

"Spit up blood? Fainted?"

The man in black furrowed his brow and began to carefully recall what had happened.

Then, it seemed like he remembered something, and his face suddenly changed dramatically. Fear welled up in his eyes.

"Oh my!"

The man in black exclaimed in shock, threw off the blanket, and rushed out of the bed, stumbling and staggering as he ran.

His panicked appearance was as if he had seen a ghost.

"Ah?"

Watching the man in black's bizarre behavior, Isabela and Dominic were left stunned.

They stared at each other, bewildered.

What's going on? Wasn't he perfectly fine just now?

Why is he suddenly running away?

"Hey, Master Heinrich, what's going on? Why are you running away like this?" Dominic asked, rushing after him and blocking his path.

"Are you planning to wait here and die?" The man in black turned to him and shouted, "Dominic, oh, Dominic, this time you've really gotten me into a mess! Do you know who we're dealing with? That's an incredibly powerful entity I can't afford to provoke! They could crush us with a flick of their finger!"

"What?"

As these words left his mouth, Dominic stood there in shock, utterly dumbfounded.

"Master Heinrich, are you kidding me?"

"Do I look like I'm joking to you?" The man in black said anxiously.

He remembered it now.

When he was directing the poison insects to attack their target, he suddenly experienced an incredibly intense backlash.

So much so that he vomited blood and passed out, nearly losing his life.

This was a situation he had never encountered before.

Chapter 1426 Just a Small-town Character

Normally, a typical backlash would only result in dizziness and weakness, and at most, a few days of physical weakness. However, the impact of the backlash he had just experienced had almost cost him his life. This was enough to prove that the person he was dealing with was an extremely formidable entity!

If this master came seeking revenge, there would be no escape!

"Master Heinrich, did you hit your head or something? How else could you be talking nonsense like this?" Isabela suddenly spoke up. "Dustin is just a doctor; what abilities could he possibly have? You're scaring yourself for no reason, and your face is turning pale. Is that necessary?"

"Yeah, Master Heinrich, could you have made a mistake?" Dominic also found it strange. He had investigated Dustin's background and found him to be a small-town character. Even though he knew some martial arts, medical skills, and some mystical tricks, he shouldn't be feared to this extent.

"Both of you are so ignorant!" The man in black said angrily. "The person who made me suffer such a backlash is by no means an ordinary person! The strength of that master far exceeds your imagination! If I were you, I would immediately stop and apologize to that master. Otherwise, once the master becomes furious, you will regret it!"

He came from the Mystic Arts Order and naturally understood what such a strong backlash meant. To put it bluntly, the opponent was at least a master of arcane arts. Perhaps even more formidable!

"Master Heinrich, don't make baseless claims here."

"Dustin is just a nobody; I know him very well, and he's not as powerful as you say."

"Even an unknown person can make you so frightened. I have to doubt whether you have any real abilities."

With her arms crossed, Isabela's eyes were cold, and she didn't believe him at all. She had harbored suspicions about him since his first failure at the Torby residence when her grandfather had bitten off his ear. Now, after his second failure, she had lost all trust and patience.

In her view, he was nothing more than a charlatan who played tricks.

"Are you... you're actually doubting me?" The man in black was furious. He had tried to warn them at the risk of his life, but all he got in return was skepticism. This woman really didn't know any better!

"Master Heinrich, calm down. Perhaps there's some misunderstanding," Dominic quickly tried to defuse the situation. "I believe Dustin doesn't have such abilities. Could there have been a mistake on your part that led to your injury?"

"Impossible!" The man in black flatly denied. "My methods are foolproof, and I've never made a mistake before. This time, I really encountered a master!"

"Hmph! You claim to have never made a mistake? That's laughable," Isabela sneered. "In just a few days, you've already made two mistakes. What face do you have to say such things? From my perspective, you're simply incapable!"

"You... how dare you doubt me!" The man in black was about to get angry, but his emotions got the better of him, and he suddenly coughed up blood again, almost collapsing.

"Master Heinrich!"

Dominic quickly reached out to help, but the man in black pushed him away and said coldly, "I've said all I can. If you don't believe me, you'll have to bear the consequences!"

With that, he staggered out of the hospital room without looking back.

He had tried to warn them with good intentions, but they chose not to believe him. This woman was truly insufferable!

"Hmph! What a ridiculous 'master.' He's nothing more than a fraud!" Isabela rolled her eyes and looked disdainful.

"Isabela, I feel like there's something strange about this. Maybe we should investigate?" Dominic suggested.

"What's there to investigate? He's just a nobody from the countryside. What waves could he possibly make?" Isabela replied indifferently. "If you're not willing to take action, I'll find someone myself. I won't trouble you."

"Look at the way you're saying it; it's my honor to help with your plans. I promise you, I'll spend a hefty sum tomorrow to hire another expert, and we'll make sure that Dustin pays the price!" Dominic said with a grin.

"That's more like it." Isabela smiled.

Any man who rejected her would not have a good ending.

Chapter 1427 A Wise Choice

At midnight, Dustin bid farewell to Lady Natasha and returned to his villa in Willowbrook.

Though they were reluctant to part, they couldn't be too open about their relationship right now. What Dustin was about to do was too dangerous, and he didn't want Lady Natasha to get involved.

So, from now on, they would either meet in secret or see each other as little as possible.

As the granddaughter of Duke Duncan Roberts, Lady Natasha was exceptionally conspicuous. Spending too much time by her side could easily expose Dustin's identity.

The night quickly passed.

The next day, in the early morning.

Dustin got up early and headed to the Imperial Palace Cuisine to meet with Belinda.

Same time, same place, same private room – they sat face to face, sipping tea and chatting.

"Hey there, young man. I've got the family's support for our collaboration. From now on, the Remington family will put all our efforts into researching and promoting Jade Dew Ointment," Belinda said, skillfully brewing tea and filling their cups, the aroma filling the air.

"A wise choice," Dustin replied with a slight smile, not surprised at all. Any ambitious family wouldn't easily give up such a fantastic opportunity.

"Furthermore, I've already made arrangements for the pharmaceutical factory, medicinal herbs, and pharmacists. We can officially start production today. However, we have two challenges to address," Belinda changed the topic.

"Oh? What challenges?" Dustin asked casually.

"First, the prescription you provided is too difficult for ordinary pharmacists. The yield is low, and quality is hard to guarantee," Belinda brought up the issue.

"That's easy. You select a group of pharmacists with good aptitude and trustworthiness, and I'll personally teach them. In just three days, I can make them self-sufficient," Dustin replied confidently.

"That sounds perfect," Belinda nodded and continued, "Now, let's talk about the second challenge. The medical business in the Willowbrook District is dominated by the Stratford family. Whether it's reputation, connections, influence, or resources, we are far weaker than the Stratford family. Especially after their partnership with the Torby family, the Stratford family's dominance is even more unshakable. With the Remington family's influence, trying to grab a share of the market under the Stratford family's nose is nearly impossible. Even if our Jade Dew Ointment is better and cheaper, it won't matter. With the Stratford and Torby families' connections, as long as they speak a word, those distributors won't buy our products."

In the business world, relationships often held more weight than profits. The Stratford family had deep roots in the medical market, and their partnership with the Torby family made them unstoppable.

They needed a different approach.

"So, do you have any good suggestions?" Dustin didn't directly answer but asked in return.

"My suggestion is to start from the other three major districts (North, East, & West Cities) and collaborate with other prestigious families. This way, we not only have multiple allies to share the pressure but also ensure smoother future growth," Belinda suggested.

She knew very well that Jade Dew Ointment, a top-grade trauma remedy, was a massive opportunity. Considering the Remington family's appetite, trying to handle it all themselves wouldn't work. Sharing the burden was the wisest choice.

"Good point. I've been considering the same. Starting in other districts, finding a strong ally, and after establishing a market, then we can compete with the Stratford and Torby families later on," Dustin nodded in agreement.

"Hehe... it seems like we're on the same page!" Belinda winked playfully.

"Do you have any suitable candidates?" Dustin pretended not to notice.

"Among the Eight Great Families, the only one that can surpass the Stratford family in medicine and is relatively reliable is the Fairchild family in the Dragonhaven (Eastern District)," Belinda provided the answer.

"The Fairchild family? One of the top four?" Dustin raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly."

Chapter 1428 Like a Precious Gem

Belinda chuckled, "Among the Eight Great Families, the Langford, Fairchild, Killians, and Fitzroy families are the top contenders, while the Torby, Stratford, Harrington, and Sterling families trail slightly behind. As long as we can form an alliance with the Fairchild family, dealing with the Torby and Stratford families will become much easier."

"Very good, let's go with the Fairchild family," Dustin nodded, quite impressed. "Judging by your demeanor, it seems you've done your homework. Have you already contacted someone from the Fairchild family?"

"You're quite clever," Belinda said with a flirtatious smile. "You guessed it right. I've already identified a target in the Fairchild family, and as long as I can persuade him, the cooperation won't be a problem."

"Oh? Who is this person?" Dustin was curious.

"He's none other than the youngest son of the Fairchild family's patriarch, Lucius Fairchild!" Belinda revealed.

"Lucius?" Dustin raised an eyebrow. "That's quite an unusual name."

"Young man, don't underestimate this gentleman. Lucius is the apple of the Fairchild family's eye. From the day he was born, he has been showered with affection by everyone in the Fairchild family, from his grandparents, parents, uncles, and aunts to his dozen or so sisters. He's treated like a precious gem, handled with care and never out of sight. Think about it for a moment, how much weight does such a person carry within the Fairchild family?" Belinda smirked.

Dustin couldn't help but show a wry smile. With a dozen or so sisters and just one son, this was indeed a rare occurrence in prestigious families. Lucius truly hit the jackpot with his birth.

No need for competition, no need for intrigue; from the moment he was born, he became the heir of a prestigious family and the object of everyone's affection. He had everything he could ever want without any hassle.

Such a status was even more comfortable than being born into the royal family, free from the burdens of power and politics.

"So, are you satisfied with my choice?" Belinda asked with a smile.

"There couldn't be a more suitable candidate," Dustin gave her a thumbs-up.

As long as Lucius could be convinced, the Fairchild family wouldn't be a problem.

"Young man, don't celebrate too soon. Lucius has been pampered since childhood, and his personality is a bit peculiar. He's difficult to read, so I'm not entirely sure," Belinda cautioned, shaking her head.

"Regardless, we have to give it a try. Cater to his interests, and we might just succeed," Dustin said.

"That depends on your skills," Belinda said with a meaningful smile. "I've already inquired, and it turns out Lucius will be having breakfast at the Imperial Palace Cuisine today. It should be almost time now. Show your best side."

"Me?" Dustin was taken aback.

"Of course," Belinda grinned mischievously. "Lucius has a unique personality and some peculiar preferences. I've heard he doesn't like women but has a strong preference for men. With your handsome looks and great physique, a little sacrifice should do the trick."

Dustin's eye twitched, and he almost couldn't help but swear out loud. Was she doing this on purpose?

"Well... he's here now. Good luck!" Belinda said as she pointed towards the approaching figure.

Chapter 1429 The Star Among the Constellations

"Alright... the person is here, I wish you good luck," Belinda suddenly gave a wicked smile and pointed discreetly in a certain direction with her delicate chin.

Following her gaze, Dustin saw a young man dressed in traditional attire, a handsome and elegant figure, making his way up to the second floor like the star among the constellations.

The man had long hair and carried a folding fan. He walked gracefully with a sense of ancient charm, exuding the aura of a historical drama's male lead. Around him, a group of bodyguards and servants stayed close, guarding him at all times. Anyone attempting to approach him would be stopped in their tracks. If anyone displayed any suspicious behavior, they might even be dealt with on the spot.

"What do you think? He looks pretty good, right? If you go down to bed together, you won't be at a disadvantage," Belinda giggled, her excitement shining through her eyes.

A two men bed action, quite thrilling.

She had to find an opportunity to discreetly video this moment and enjoy it later.

"Miss Remington, can you please be more serious?" Dustin said, slightly annoyed.

What’s going on in this woman's mind?

"I am serious. When it comes to business, you have to make sure the other party's 'little dangling monkey' is satisfied," Belinda playfully winked.

"I want to make it clear, I'm not selling my body for this," Dustin said earnestly.

"That depends on your abilities. If you can persuade Lucius without sacrificing your body, then there's no need," Belinda replied with a laugh.

"Why do I feel like you're deliberately setting traps for me to fall into?" Dustin looked puzzled.

"Don't make stuff up. I'm a serious woman and I don't enjoy these kinds of 'colorful' things at all," Belinda said seriously, though her eyes curved into crescent moons as she laughed.

"Fine, let me go and test the waters," Dustin said, taking a deep breath. He picked up his tea cup and emptied it in one gulp before standing up and heading towards the opposite private room.

Inside Lucius's private room.

A group of bodyguards surrounded the room, forming multiple layers of defense, ensuring that no strangers could approach. Even the waitstaff who brought tea and dishes could only stop at the doorway. Fairchild family servants inspected the items for poison before personally serving them inside.

The whole process was extremely meticulous and smooth, eliminating any potential risks.

"Halt! Who are you?!"

Dustin had barely approached when he was blocked by several bodyguards at the entrance. Their burly figures resembled doors, obstructing his view of the room's interior.

"May I inquire if the young master of the Fairchild family is inside?" Dustin politely asked.

"What if he is? My young master doesn't see outsiders. Please leave immediately!" The bodyguards were stern and on high alert.

As they spoke, their hands moved to their waists, showing their vigilance. If Dustin made any sudden moves, they would draw their weapons immediately to eliminate the threat.

"Please don't be alarmed, I have no ill intentions," Dustin raised his hand slowly, indicating that he was not a threat. At the same time, he said, "I came here today because I heard about Lucius, and I believe he might be very interested in a business proposition."

"Business?" The bodyguards exchanged glances and then began to size up Dustin.

He looked decent, the type that their young master preferred.

However, his background was unclear, and no matter how good-looking he was, it wouldn't matter if they couldn't verify his identity.

"To see our young master, you must first submit a formal request and clarify your identity. After we verify it and it's in order, then our young master will decide whether to meet with you," one of the bodyguards replied.

"Is it really that troublesome?" Dustin furrowed his brow.

"Troublesome? Many people seek to meet our young master every day. If you find it troublesome, then you can forget about it!" The bodyguard snorted.

Who is this kid to demand this?

The Fairchild family was a top-tier prestigious family, and their young master was the sole heir. It wasn't something you could just casually request.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. I need to see Mr. Fairchild for a matter of great importance. Please convey my message," Dustin said politely.

Chapter 1430 Another Investment Scam?

"No matter what, we have to follow the rules!" one of the bodyguards firmly refused.

"Very well, I'll speak directly with Mr. Fairchild then."

"Excuse me, gentlemen," Dustin apologized and then raised a single hand.

"Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh..."

A row of silver needles shot out, accurately hitting the necks of several bodyguards. The guards suddenly froze, unable to move or make a sound, only able to roll their eyes in shock.

Their eyes were filled with astonishment.

"I apologize for this necessity," Dustin said, clasping his hands together in apology, then pushed past the immobilized guards and entered the room.

As soon as he stepped into the room, a sharp gaze locked onto him, accompanied by a chilling murderous intent.

"Swoosh!"

In the next moment, a black steel knife, carrying a sharp blade aura, slashed viciously towards Dustin's neck.

Dustin raised an eyebrow and instinctively took a step back.

The blade's edge grazed his throat, sending a bone-chilling shiver down his spine.

"Boom!"

The door to the room was sliced apart by the blade, and even the wall behind it bore a deep and long mark.

This swift and fierce strike, almost no one below the level of a Grandmaster could defend against it!

"Hmm?" The wielder of the blade issued a surprised sound, seemingly not expecting that Dustin could dodge the fatal blow.

Just as she was about to make another swing, Dustin quickly spoke up, "Wait! I have business to discuss with Mr. Fairchild."

"Swoosh!"

Without a word, the person with the blade made a second swing.

This time, it was even faster, more ruthless, and it already possessed the strength of a Martial Master!

"Wait..."

A lazy voice sounded.

The black steel knife stopped abruptly in mid-air, its sharp blade suspended less than ten centimeters from Dustin's neck.

Dustin breathed a sigh of relief.

Continuing like this would only lead to harm.

"Clang!"

The long knife returned to its scabbard.

Dustin finally saw the person who wielded the blade, a young woman in her twenties.

She wore martial attire, had a stern countenance, and her eyes were sharp.

Her entire being exuded a chilling aura.

Most importantly, despite her young age, she possessed the strength of a Martial Master.

For someone of her age to have such talent and strength was already among the top-tier in Stonia City.

Using a martial master with exceptional talent as a personal bodyguard clearly indicated how highly the Fairchild family valued Lucius.

"Being able to evade Matilda's strike is enough to prove that you are not an ordinary person," Lucius said calmly as he sat in his chair, gently swaying the folding fan. He looked Dustin up and down, showing a bit more interest. "Risking your life to see me, speak up, what exactly is the reason?"

"Today, I came here on a daring venture because I wanted to discuss a business matter with Mr. Fairchild," Dustin smiled slightly.

"Discuss business?" Lucius said indifferently. "It's not another investment scam, is it? I may have a lot of money, but I'm not stupid."

"Mr. Fairchild, you've misunderstood," Dustin explained, "The business I want to discuss doesn't require you to invest a single penny. I only need to borrow the connections of the Fairchild family to enter the market."

"Oh? Why do you think I would help you?" Lucius raised an eyebrow, his interest piqued. "Or perhaps, do you have something special that I cannot refuse?"

Last edited: