An Understated Dominance: By Marina Vittori​

Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys have been married for three years. After Dahlia achieves rapid success, she decides to end her marriage with Dustin, viewing him as a burden. Little does she know that all her accomplishments were actually thanks to him.

CHAPTER 1
My wife is a CEO, she always hates me for being lazy and wants to divorce me. But she doesn't know that her success is bestowed by me.

“Dustin, here is the divorce agreement prepared by Ms. Nicholson. All you need to do is sign them.”

In the president’s office of the Quine Group, the secretary, Lyra Blaine, placed a piece of A4 paper on the table. A man sat opposite her, dressed in plain clothing.

“Divorce? What do you mean?”

Dustin Rhys was taken aback.

“Do you not understand what I’m saying? Your marriage with Ms. Nicholson is over. You’re not even on the same level anymore. Your existence is nothing but a smear on the president’s reputation!”

Lyra pulled no punches as she spoke.

“A smear on her reputation?” Dustin frowned. “Is that how she thinks of me?”

Back when they first got married, the Nicholson family was in ruinous debt. He was the one who helped them when they were at their lowest point. Now that they were rich, Dahlia Nicholson was ready to just kick him out.

“Something like that.” Lyra poked her chin toward the magazine on the table. A photo of a beautiful woman was printed on the front page. “Look at the headline on this magazine, Dustin. Ms. Nicholson’s net worth has hit one billion in the course of just three years, a feat no short of a miracle. She’s now the most desired woman in Swinton! With all this, she’s destined for greatness. But you, you’re just a regular joe. You don’t deserve her at all. I hope that you’ll see some sense and do the right thing.”

When Dustin remained silent, Lyra frowned.

“I know you’re not happy with this, but this is reality,” she continued. “You might have helped Ms. Nicholson when she was in trouble, but she has repaid you for everything you’ve done for her over the last three years. In fact, you’re the one who owes her now!”

“Is our marriage just a business deal to her, then?” Dustin took a deep breath to suppress the emotions within. “If she wants to divorce me, let her speak to me herself.”

“Ms. Nicholson is very busy. She doesn’t need to trouble herself with such trifling matters.”

“Trifling matters?” Dustin was stunned. Then he laughed bitterly. “Is that so? Is divorce a trifling matter to her? She can’t even find the time to speak to me. Truly, she’s that unattainable now!”

“Dustin, don’t delay this any longer.” Lyra pushed the divorce agreement toward him again. “Just sign here and you’ll get a car and a house as compensation. On top of that, you’ll also get eight million dollars. This is more than what you’ll be able to earn in your lifetime!”

“Eight million dollars is a lot, but…I don’t need it. I will sign the divorce papers if she comes personally. Otherwise, I won’t sign anything,” Duston said coldly.

“Don’t go too far, Dustin!” Lyra slammed her hand on the table. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With all her power and resources, Ms. Nicholson can divorce you easily. It’s only because she appreciates her past relationship with you that she’s allowing you to keep your dignity intact. Don’t provoke her!”

“My dignity?” Dustin was a little amused by that. She didn’t even want to speak to him directly to divorce him. What kind of dignity was that? Moreover, if she really did appreciate their relationship, then why was she threatening him now?

“I don’t think we have anything else to talk about, then.”

Unwilling to argue, Dustin stood up and made to leave.

“Dustin Rhys! You—”

Just as Lyra was about to lose her cool, a curvy woman in a long black dress walked in. Her skin was as white as snow, and her features were delicate. Her lofty aura and curvaceous figure made her look like a goddess right out of a painting.

“You’re finally here.”

Dustin felt complicated emotions when he saw the beautiful woman. They had been married for three years, during which they treated each other with care and respect. But this was how it ended. He still didn’t know what he had done wrong.

“I’m sorry for being late, I was caught up with something else.”

Dahlia Nicholson sat down. Her expression was as impassive as ever.

“You certainly are busy, if you need your secretary to help you deal with your divorce,” Dustin said.

Hearing this, Dahlia frowned slightly. However, she did not explain herself. Instead, she said, “Since you’re here, let’s get straight to the point. Let’s end this on a pleasant note. I’m sorry I have to do this to you, so you can have the car and the house, plus eight million dollars as alimony. How does that sound?”

At that, she placed a card on the table.

“Do you really think our relationship can be measured by money?” Dustin asked.

“Too little? That’s alright. Let me know what you want. I’ll give you anything within my power,” Dahlia said placidly.

“I don’t think you understood me. Let me rephrase my question. Are money and power that important to you?” Dustin was truly bewildered.

Dahlia went over to the windows and looked out over the city. There was determination in her eyes when she said, “To me, yes, they’re very important.”

“You’ve earned enough to feed yourself for the rest of your life. Why do this?”

“Dustin, that’s where you and I diverge in philosophy. You’ll never understand what I really want.” Dahlia shook her head in disappointment.

They weren’t just incompatible in status and power; they were also incompatible in their principles. Most importantly, she did not see any hope for the future in him.

“You’re right. How would I know what you’re thinking?” Dustin laughed bitterly. “All I know is to cook for you when you’re hungry, prepare your coat when it’s cold out, and carry you to the hospital when you’re sick.”

“There’s no point in going into this now.” Dahlia’s expression held complicated emotions, but it was soon covered up by determination.

“You’re right.” Dustin nodded without any emotion. “I heard that you’ve been close with the heir of the Nolan family. Is it because of him?”

Dahlia was about to deny it when she gave it a second thought. In the end, she nodded.

“You can say that.”

“Okay. I hope you’re happy with him.” Dustin smiled and signed the divorce agreement without any more hesitation. All he felt now was disappointment. Ironically, today was also their wedding anniversary. There was cruel humor in divorcing him on the day they had gotten married.

“I don’t want the money, I just want that crystal necklace back. My mother left it to me before she died so that I can give it to my wife.”

“Okay.”

Dahlia nodded and gave him the crystal necklace.

“From today onward, we will have nothing to do with each other!”

Dustin put on the necklace and left. He had no more gentleness in his expression; all that was left was distant aloofness.

“Did I do the right thing, Lyra?” Dahlia asked hesitantly.

Even though she was the one who asked for the divorce, she didn’t feel happy at all when it was finalized.

“Of course you did!” Lyra nodded. “You have the right to pursue happiness. Dustin does not deserve you at all. He’ll only bring you down with him. You’re destined to be the most powerful woman in Swinton!”

Dahlia did not answer her. As she watched Dustin leave, she felt as if she was losing something precious.

Chapter 396

The Nicholsons stared at the three gold–tier assassins before shirting their gazes at the expressionless Dustin with great alarm. No one had anticipated Dustin to be so powerful. If they had not witnessed the scene with their eyes, they would have laughed at the idea of a good–for- nothing person being talented in martial arts.

“Is there something wrong with my eyes? When did the trash become a hero?” James widened his eyes in disbelief. His impression of Dustin was that he was a kept man who only learned a few useless martial arts tricks that were no match for the top assassins. However, Dustin’s performance shattered James‘ preconception. He was shocked to learn that his ex–brother–in–law was a martial arts expert.

“Heavens! Is that really Dustin?” Florence was equally astonished. Even though she was clueless about the gold–tier assassins from the Bounty League, she was aware of the capabilities of Tarragon and Cougar. Logically, Dustin beat Hillcrest in terms of expertise, which would place him levels above Tarragon and Cougar.

“What the f*ck? Was that really their useless live–in son–in–law?” Dakota rubbed her eyes to make sure that she was seeing it right. Were the three gold–tier assassins from the Bounty League taken down? Did that happen due to Dustin’s prowess, or had the assassins been enjoying an undeserved reputation?

“He’s a tough nut to crack. We need to get him out of the way soon.” After the shock, Gloria started plotting against Dustin. It was impossible to beat Dustin through a martial arts battle, and the only method left was to threaten him with her authority. She believed that Dustin wouldn’t dare to go against the Nicholson Family despite his outstanding martial arts skills.

At the same time, Dahlia was staring at the familiar face with surprise. She was not aware of Dustin’s skills during their three–year marriage. His secret was indeed well hidden.

“Edwin Hummer, the assassins you hired didn’t seem up for their jobs. I’m afraid you will walk away disappointed today.” Dustin looked up slowly with an amused twinkle in his eyes.

“Y–you hid your skills from us!” Edwin appeared grim. He had thought that getting revenge was easy with the help of three gold–tier assassins, only to learn that he had vastly underestimated Dustin.

“Hid my skills?” Dustin smiled. “I have never attempted to do so. People like you do not require me to use my full strength yet.”

“I admit that I have underestimated you. But don’t be too glad about it! I’m still in the game,” Edwin warned in a somber tone.

“Oh, why? Do you still believe that you can get out of this?” Dustin questioned him.

“Even if I can’t, I will take everyone here with me!” While speaking, Edwin suddenly tore his shirt apart to reveal the bombs that were strapped underneath.

He cackled and said, “See this? Before I arrived, I made up my mind to die with everyone here. The number of bombs on me is enough to turn the villa into ashes!”

Everyone at the scene looked terrified and listless upon hearing the remark, Edwin Hummer was a crazy one indeed!

“How? Dustin Rhys? Are you afraid now?” Edwin laughed loudly. “It doesn’t matter if you are skilled. You cannot survive a bombing.”

“What do you want?” Dustin went forward and shielded Dahlia.

Chapter 397

“Now! Kneel down immediately!” Edwin bellowed at Dustin.

Dustin narrowed his eyes. “What if I don’t?”

“No? Then I’ll take it out on her!” Edwin grabbed Gloria and pointed the gun at her temple. Knowing that Dustin was powerful, he needed to get himself a human shield.

“Edwin Hummer! You’d better be careful! That’s Madam Gloria from the Nicholson Family!” Dustin’s expression sank.

“Oh, she’s your Madam Gloria? Sounds like you care a lot about her, don’t you?” Edwin chuckled. ” Listen to what I say if you don’t want her to die!”

“Dustin! What are you standing there for? Quick! Kneel!” Dakota urged him frantically.

“You punk! Kneel! Do you want me dead?” Gloria’s face paled.

“Madam Gloria, please be patient. I’ll save you real soon.” Dustin faked an angry expression and challenged Edwin, “Edwin Hummer, just come at me! If you lay a finger on her, I won’t let this slip!”

“Oh, you don’t know what it means to be desperate.” Enraged, Edwin shot Gloria in one of her knees. She yelped in pain, and her face contorted.

“That’s too much! Let her go! If not…” Dustin continued with his threats, but Edwin had already shot Gloria in the other knee. “Kneel!”

“You rascal. Quick … Kneel, or we will make you pay!” Gloria was whimpering and wailing, drenched in sweat from the unbearable pain.

“Edwin Hummer! You need to stop! If you kill her, no one can save you from the consequences!” Dustin looked furious, and that only made Edwin chuckle harder.

“Is that so? If you care about her that much, I’ll give you a taste of losing your family!” Then, he pointed the gun at Gloria’s head and pulled the trigger. The bullet shot through her head.

“You animal-” Gloria was gripped by fear, but it was too late for her to say anything. Eyes open with indignation, her cold body fell onto the floor.

“Edwin Hummer! Your enemy is me!” Dustin acted as though he was aggrieved.

“Great! I love seeing that face!” Edwin cackled and grabbed Dakota, who was frozen in a state of shock. “I have lots of hostages here. We can play this for as long as you want. I’ll ask you once more–are you kneeling or not?”

“Edwin Hummer, you’re being unreasonable!” Dustin chided him. Edwin did not waste time. shooting Dakota in the leg. “Are you going to kneel or not?”

Dakota finally realized the trouble she was in, and she wailed and yelled. Tears and snot covered her face as she cursed, “Dustin Rhys! I want you to kneel right now! I’m the precious daughter of the Nicholson Family. They won’t go easy on you if I’m hurt! Kneel, now!”

“Dakota, you have to embody the spirit of a proud and upright Nicholson. You have to be an outstanding person in this life and the afterlife! We need to fight against threats without ruining the family’s reputation!”

“Oh, you motherfucker! Quit the nonsense. We’re in an emergency. Do you want me dead?” Dakota screamed at Dustin but was immediately shot in the leg again. She rolled on the floor, wailing and screaming in pain.

“I’m warning you now! You’ll make yourself a public enemy if you kill Dakota Nicholson!” Dustin hissed in anger while Dakota’s face contorted in rage. She was about to yell at him when she noticed the muzzle that was aiming at her. A bullet traveled through the middle of her forehead with a bang.

Chapter 398

Dakota grunted as her body trembled and came to a stop, just like her voice that died down. The darkness within the muzzle and Edwin’s cruel face started blurring as she lost consciousness. Finally, she collapsed flatly onto the ground with a thud. Everything happened too fast, and she had not expected herself to die in such a manner.

“I–is she dead?” Florence and the rest of the people were shaking in fear when they stared at Gloria and Dakota’s bodies. It felt so surreal to see the two arrogant ladies killed.

Meanwhile, Dustin glanced at the scene without much emotion. Evil defeats evil. Dakota and Gloria had always been impudent bullies who did not reflect on their actions even after being taught a lesson. Not only that, they came to him to seek revenge. Their deaths meant nothing to him, partly because he was never a merciful person to start with. He saw no issue with getting rid of the trouble by pulling some tricks.

“Hah! How does that feel? Are you feeling the rage and pain? You must be dying to kill me right now!” Edwin laughed evilly. “To be honest with you, this is just the beginning. I have a few more hostages in my hands. I can play this game with you.”

Then, he walked up to James and pointed the muzzle at James‘ head. “Your brother–in–law is the next in the firing line. Kneel or don’t–the choice is yours.”

“Sir Hummer! I’m not involved in this! Please don’t shoot me!” James‘ legs turned to jelly. He fell onto his knees and wailed, “You need to get the right person! If you are looking for your revenge, just kill Dustin! I’m innocent!”

“That’s right, Sir Hummer! We have never done anything to you. If you want to kill Dustin, go ahead and do it. Don’t involve my son!” Florence begged in desperation.

“Dustin Rhys is your son–in–law. The family will be dragged down by his actions. No one should dream of getting out of this unscathed. Well, the fate of your son is now in Dustin’s hands.” Edwin flashed her a mocking smile.

“Dustin Rhys, you bring bad luck! Look how much trouble you got us into! Kneel to Sir Hummer and beg for his forgiveness. If you don’t, I will not let this slide!” a furious and panicked Florence scolded Dustin.

“What are you standing there for? Kneel! I’m going to die if you don’t!” James glowered, his eyes red, as he screamed at Dustin. His body was shaking violently due to fear. He had witnessed the cruelty of Edwin in the killings of Gloria and Dakota. Edwin would shoot without as much asblinking an eye once he was riled up. James didn’t want to suffer a meaningless death like Dakota.

“Edwin Hummer, I shall spare your life if you let them go,” Dustin remarked calmly.

“Spare my life?” Edwin broke into a laugh. “Oh, Dustin, you still have not figured out the situation! I have the upper hand now because I determine who gets to live or die! What else can you do to me if I shoot your brother–in–law in the head?”

As he was speaking, he placed a finger on the trigger and was close to pulling it, but Dustin. flicked his fingers and sent a silver needle pricking into Edwin’s wrist. Edwin let out a dull grunt when his arm was paralyzed

“Get moving! Run!” Dustin reminded the others in the room. “Run! Quick!”

Florence and James finally collected themselves and fled from the scene. While running, James toppled over a few times because his legs had lost their strength. Dustin frowned disapprovingly at the sight, thinking, “What a loser!” The quick–witted Dahlia had to lift her brother from the ground and help him escape from the villa. None of them wanted to die with Edwin, who had bomb’s strapped on his body.

“Edwin Hummer, it’s just you and me now. It’s time to put this to an end.” Dustin inched closer to Edwin with murderous intent in his eyes. Edwin had long been on his hit list. He had made a mistake by letting Edwin live.

“Die!” Edwin roared and picked up the gun from the floor, shooting Dustin in the chest twice.

Chapter 399

Two shots were fired, but the bullets came to a halt one inch before Dustin’s body. A protective energy sphere crystallized in the air, forming a shield against the bullet.

“What?” Edwin’s pupils wavered in shock. He was mentally prepared for Dustin’s prowess but was greatly taken aback at how Dustin stopped the bullets in the air.

“Did you believe that you could hurt me with bullets?” Dustin shook his head.

“If I can’t hurt you with a gun, I’ll die with you!” Suddenly, Edwin pulled out the remote control for the bomb and laughed deliriously. “Dustin Rhys, see you in hell!”

With that, he pressed the button on the control.

Meanwhile, Dahlia was on the run with James. They were some distance away from the villa before hearing the two gunshots. They spun around and realized that Dustin had not followed after them.

“Dustin?” Losing her composure, Dahlia frantically clambered toward the villa.

“Hey! Why are you turning back? Do you want to die?” Florence quickly pulled her daughter back. “Mom! Dustin is still in there! He might be in danger. I need to help him!” Dahlia’s heart was in her mouth.

“And what good will that be? Sir Hummer has a gun and bombs with him. You’re running toward your death!” Florence grabbed Dahlia tightly, refusing to let go.

“What do we do about Dustin?” Dahlia was a mess at that moment.

“He’s the one who started the trouble, so he deserves what’s coming for him! It’s none of our business!” Florence reminded Dahlia sternly.

“Mom! What’s that nonsense? Dustin saved James just now! Can you stop being selfish?” Dahlia furiously shook off Florence’s grip and sprinted toward the villa. At the same time, they heard a huge explosive sound that shook the terrain. An explosion tore the villa into rubble, filling the surroundings with billowing black smoke and blinding fires.

“Dustin?” She stared blankly at the ruins of the villa, clueless about what to do next. Could a human possibly survive the explosion if the entire villa was reduced to rubble?

“How did that happen? How?” Dahlia, ashen–faced, looked like she was struck by lightning. Finally, she collapsed onto the ground, wailing and crying her heart out.

“Hey, why are you howling here?” She heard a familiar voice that sent a chill down her spine. When she looked up in astonishment, she found Dustin standing in front of her. He emerged from the rubble unhurt.

“Are you not dead? How could that be?” Bewildered, she looked at him blankly. The impact and heat from the explosion had melted steel. She could not figure out how a human survived the incident.

“Why are you shocked that I’m alive?” He gave her a funny look.

“You’re alive! That’s great!” Sobbing in joy, she threw herself into his embrace, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist and refusing to let go, as though she feared he might vanish.

Chapter 400

Dustin felt the softness in his arms and the familiar scent tingling his nose. He broke into a smile. He could tell from her uncontrolled crying that she cared greatly about him.

“Okay, now. Stop crying. Your tears are wetting this new shirt I bought two days ago.” After some hugging, Dustin finally opened his mouth.

“What’s the big deal? I’ll just pay for the shirt.” She let go of him and didn’t forget to give him a pinch in the waist, sending him grimacing in pain. “And what was that just now? Why didn’t you escape sooner?” she confronted him.

“He’s a ticking time bomb–no pun intended. Of course, I had to subdue him before I left,” he answered matter–of–factly.

“I know you’re great at fighting, but you have to care about your safety. He had bombs strapped on his body. What if he got you killed in an explosion?” she protested.

He grinned and replied, “But I’m all well.”

“It’s all because of your dumb luck. You’d better not push your luck the next time!” she warned him.

“Okay. I’ll act like a loser and think of my safety first.” He nodded furiously.

“That’s more like it!” She nodded with satisfaction. It was all great being a glorious hero, but that was also how people got themselves killed in a slip–up. She’d rather Dustin stay a loser.

“Dustin Rhys, do you have nine lives? Why weren’t you dead from that huge explosion?” James and Florence cautiously made their way up to the rubble.

“I need to thank my lucky stars for surviving the bombing,” Dustin dropped a casual remark.

“Oh my god! My villa!” Florence suddenly started howling at the sight of the rubble when she realized the extent of the damage done. “Oh, Edwin Hummer, you asshole! I’m fine with him wanting to die. How could he ruin my villa while he was at it? This is unforgivable!”

“Mom, this all happened because of Dustin. I think you can ask him for compensation.” James was thinking fast and came up with an idea.

“That’s right!” Florence nodded and grabbed Dustin by the sleeve. “Dustin Rhys, it’s all your fault! You need to pay up for ruining my villa!”

“Mom, a villa is nothing compared to a life. Dustin has saved us. Do you think it’s fair to ask him. for compensation?” Dahlia frowned at her mother.

“Why is that unfair? He got us into this trouble. Don’t you ever think of leaving if you don’t pay up!” Florence started acting like a Karen.

“Alright, then. How much?” Dustin did not want to quarrel with her.

“Eight million… No! Ten!” Florence was thinking on her feet and inflated the price at the very last minute.

“Mom! We bought this villa for five million. Aren’t you scamming Dustin by asking for ten million? “Dahlia grew increasingly annoyed.

“That was in the past. Don’t you know that housing prices are climbing like crazy? I won’t let this slide if I don’t receive the ten million!” Florence put her hands on her waist.

“You-” Dahlia was about to go off, but Dustin pressed a hand against hers.

“Whatever. Ten million it is. I’ll transfer it to your account tomorrow.”

“Hmph! That’s more like it!” She gleefully let go of him.

“Hey! Are you mad? Where are you going to get the money when you’re running a tiny medical center?” Dahlia glared at him.

“You shouldn’t underestimate me. I provided the Harmon family with my prescription, and I will receive 50% of the sales of the pills they manufactured. Ten million is nothing.” Dustin appeared unbothered. Be it the profits from Hillview Hotel or his 50% ownership of the proceeds from Immortunol, he was guaranteed a huge amount of bonus monthly, which could add up to at least tens of millions per month.

“At the end of the day, you’re still Natasha Harmon’s kept man.” Dahlia was dripping with jealousy.

“Look at the way you put it. I am only her business partner. How could you call me a kept man?” Dustin objected.

Chapter 401

“Hmph!” Dahlia refused to talk to him. Before leaving, she made sure to stomp hard on his foot.

Thus, the brutal and unfortunate episode came to an end. The authorities arrived soon after the explosion. The fire brigade helped to clear the scene and put out the fire. At the end of the day, the authorities publicly announced the cause of the explosion, blaming it on a gas explosion.

Three days went by in the blink of an eye. During this time, Dahlia and her family returned to the Nicholson family home to keep Henry Nicholson company.

The Glenstead Nicholsons, meanwhile, sent a team to investigate Gloria and Dakota’s deaths, but after learning that the murderer, Edwin Hummer, had died in a suicide bombing, they had no choice but to close the case.

Notably, Regulus Nicholson made the decision to confirm Dahlia’s role as the chairman of the Cardinal Group. It was only time before she was officially acting in the chairman’s capacity.

During the three days, Dustin received surprising news as well. He heard that the 900–year green lotus that Jayla Grant won in a bid was purchased by the Stoneray Order at a high price. Rumors had it that the Stoneray Order was the owner of a secret formula to speed up the ripening process of the lotus, turning it into a thousand–year green lotus in a short time. However, the veracity of the rumors remained to be confirmed.

In order not to miss out on the treasured herb, Dustin specifically sent Roderick back to Millsburg to carefully gather information. If the formula were real, Dustin would have to pay Stoneray Order a visit.

He was also worried about Natasha, who had been out of contact for three days since she departed for Millsburg. She did not reply to texts or pick up calls. Even Park Place was empty, with only a few servants standing guard.

At noon on the third day, an increasingly concerned Dustin spotted a silver Bentley parked in front of the medical center. Overjoyed, he rushed out to take a look, only to find Ruth stepping out from the car.

“Ruth, why are you here? Where’s your sister?” He was perplexed.

“Natasha will not be back for a while.” Ruth lost her usual rigor and appeared grim.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Dustin furrowed his brows.

“Something’s happened at home, and she had to take care of it. She sends me to you because she doesn’t want to worry you.”

“What happened exactly?” he questioned. Based on his understanding of Natasha, she wouldn’t have missed his calls if she hadn’t run into grave problems.

“Stop asking for the details and wait for her updates. If she returns to Swinton after a few days, that means the problem has been resolved. If she doesn’t return, you should forget about her.” Ruth was ready to leave.

“Wait a moment!” He grabbed her arm with a stern look on his face. “Tell me, is she in danger? If she is, I’ll immediately rescue her!”

“Natasha is safe and sound. She’s unharmed.” Ruth shook her head woefully.

“But what was all that just now? Did Natasha run into trouble?” he asked in a firm tone.

“Dustin, let this go. You can’t sort out this matter on your own. It’ll only implicate you. Natasha doesn’t want to drag you into the mess.” Ruth let out a heavy sigh.

“How will we know if we don’t give it a try? I believe that we can overcome all the difficulties!” However, Dustin’s expression hardened when Ruth refused to open up. “Ruth Harmon, if you don’t tell me, I’ll travel to Millsburg and get to the bottom of it! Do not blame me for wreaking havoc in the Harmon family!

Chapter 402

“Hey, how can you be so stubborn?” Dustin’s one–track mind made Ruth blow her top. “My sister didn’t tell you for your own sake. Otherwise, you’d always be at risk of a fatal disaster!”

“Hmph, I’ve been through rain and fire for years. Is there anything I haven’t encountered before? I stand by my words–if you don’t say it, I’ll go ask myself!” Dustin said resolutely.

“You” Ruth stamped her feet in fury, but she didn’t know how to rebut. After a moment, she shook her head helplessly. “It seems like my sister was right: you won’t give it a rest. I really don’t know if this is a blessing or a curse. Didn’t you say you want to go to Millsburg to see my sister? Fine. I can take you there, but you have to listen to me. You can’t act rashly! Or else my sister and I will also get dragged down with you. Got it?”

“Alright!” Dustin agreed. Right now, he only wanted to see for himself that Natasha was fine.

“Tidy up. I’ll wait for you in the car,” Ruth said, then went straight to the car,

At that moment, Maximus, who’d heard the commotion, walked over. “Dustin, you’re going out?”

“Yeah, I’m going to Millsburg to get something done. I’ll probably be there for about five days. Please help take care of the home in the meantime.” Dustin patted his shoulder.

“No problem! If there’s anything, just ring me anytime!” Maximus patted his chest.

“Okay.” Dustin nodded. He picked up his bags, turned around, and got into the car.

With Maximus–who’d already achieved divinity–around, things should be fine in Swinton.

The car moved out quickly, making its way to Millsburg. After half a day, the car finally came to a stop in an urban village in the evening. They arrived at a small villa with a garden.

The door opened, and Ruth and Dustin alighted.

“Ms. Ruth, you’ve arrived.” At that moment, a kind–looking middle–aged man walked out of the villa.

“Mr. Robinson, this is Dustin Rhys. Over the next few days, you are in charge of his meals and accommodations,” Ruth said in lieu of an introduction.

“Hello, Mr. Rhys.” Mr. Robinson bowed respectfully.

“Ruth, what kind of place did you bring me to?” Dustin was taken aback.

“This is the temporary lodging I arranged for you. Mr. Robinson used to work for the Harmon family and can be trusted. If you need anything, just let him know,” Ruth explained.

“I’m not talking about that. Where’s your sister?” Dustin pressed.

“My sister can’t meet you yet. Just stay here for a few days, and when the time is right, I’ll arrange for you two to meet,” Ruth replied.

“Then you have to at least tell me what happened.” Dustin frowned.

“Water won’t boil if you watch it. The situation right now is unfavorable. Knowing too much won’t do you an good, either. If you trust my sister, then wait a couple of days.” Ruth looked serious.

“But Dustin started, but Ruth interrupted him.

“Before we came, we already agreed that you would listen to me. Otherwise, please go home!”

“Fine, I’ll wait!” Dustin took a deep breath. In the end, he chose to give in. After all, he was already in Millsburg.

If trouble really arose, he could lend his support anytime.

“Great. Just wait here, and I’ll contact you in case of anything.”

With that, Ruth got in the car and left. She’d snuck out, so she couldn’t stay for long.

“Mr. Rhys, please have some tea.” Mr. Robinson handed him a cup.

“Thank you.”

Chapter 403

Dustin accepted the cup with both hands and said, “Mr. Robinson, I’m afraid I’ll have to trouble you for the next few days.”

“It’s no trouble. It’s what I should do.” Edmund Robinson smiled. “Ms. Harmon saved me before, and my family is hugely grateful for her. Any opportunity to repay Ms. Harmon is my honor.”

“Really? I didn’t know Natasha was so beloved,” Dustin said with a chuckle.

“Why, of course!” Edmund said, his voice tinged with pride. “I watched Ms. Harmon grow up. No one can say anything about her character–no one in Millsburg can measure up to her!”

“I can tell.” Dustin nodded, smiling.

“Mr. Rhys, look at me. I was all focused on chatting that I almost forgot to do my job. Have you eaten? Please wait a moment while I whip something up.” Edmund said, hurrying into the kitchen and getting to work.

He looked like a proper househusband.

Dustin smiled softly. Sipping at the tea in his hand, he surveyed his surroundings.

The villa consisted of two floors, complete with furniture and electrical appliances. Although it wasn’t the most luxurious, it was immaculate. It looked rather homey.

“Hey, who are you? Who let you in here?!” At that moment, a high–pitched scream came from the door.

Dustin turned around to find a young girl wearing a short skirt watching him carefully. She looked to be about eighteen years old. Her features were very delicate, and she wore some light makeup. Her hair was dyed a bright blue, and she was chewing gum in her mouth, giving off a cool girl impression.

“I’m talking to you. Are you mute!” the blue–haired girl shouted.

“Abigail, don’t be rude!” When Edmund heard the commotion, he immediately ran out and smiled. apologetically. “Mr. Rhys, this is my daughter, Abigail Robinson. I spoil her too much, so please don’t hold it against her.”

“It’s nothing. This is a normal reaction to seeing a stranger in your house,” Dustin said with a slight smile.

“Hmph, I don’t know where you picked up this random person from!” Abigail said with a cold expression, disgust evident in her eyes.

“Silly girl, what are you saying? This is Mr. Rhys, a respected guest of the Harmons!” Edmund glared.

“Fine, fine. I’m too lazy to deal with your bullshit. I’m going out with my friends later, so give me some money!” Abigail stretched out her hand demandingly.

“You’re going out again?” Edmund frowned. “Abigail, your exams are right around the corner. How can you go out every night?”

“It’s not like I’ll get into a good college anyway. Does it matter if I have some fun?” Abigail said indifferently.

“It’s not a matter of whether you get into a good college, but it’s a matter of your attitude. Can’t you let me worry less?” Edmund said, exasperated.

mmhh, you’re so annoying. Every time I ask for some money, you give me this nonsense. If you want to give me money, then give it to me. If you don’t, then forget it!” Abigail said impatiently. She slammed the door shut and stormed off.

“That girl Edmund said angrily, but he couldn’t do anything. “Mr. Rhys, I’m sorry you had to see that.” “It’s alright. She’s in her teens–it’s understandable that she’s a bit rebellious,” Dustin said understandingly.

“Oh no, my pan!” Edmund suddenly remembered what he’d forgotten and dashed into the kitchen.

After half an hour, a scrumptious feast was served. Dustin took a bite. The flavor was amazing.

“Mr. Rhys, do you mind if I put some food aside? Abigail will probably be hungry when she gets home tonight,” Edmund said tentatively.

“Of course, it’s no problem.” Dustin smiled, “Mr. Robinson, you don’t have to be so reserved. You’re the host: do whatever you want. Don’t mind me.”

“Thank you, Mr. Rhys!” Edmund said gratefully. Then, he set aside a bit of every dish. He didn’t dare take out too big of a portion. Afterward, he wrapped it in cling wrap carefully.

At that moment, a neighbor suddenly bolted inside in a panic, screaming, “Edmund, it’s bad! Something happened to your daughter!”

Chapter 404

“Something happened? What happened?” Edmund was stunned, unable to react.

“My daughter just called to tell me that Abigail got into a conflict at the karaoke bar, and both sides fight! You should hurry over and check on her!” the neighbor urged.

“What? A fight?!” Edmund was startled. He immediately threw down his cutlery and ran to the door, but then, he turned around suddenly and said, “Mr. Rhys, I truly apologize, but something happened to my daughter, and I need to go handle it.”

“I’ll go with you.” Dustin stood. It wasn’t good to just mooch off someone in their house. If he could lend a hand in any way, he naturally wouldn’t be stingy.

“Well…” Edmund was a bit conflicted.

“Don’t worry. I won’t make things worse.” Dustin smiled.

“Edmund, don’t dawdle any longer. More people means more power. Hurry!” the neighbor prompted again.

“Alright —” Edmund nodded. Without another word, he got in his Mazda and drove off. He couldn’t care about anything else right now. His daughter’s safety was the most important.

Twenty minutes later, he stopped in front of the karaoke bar.

Dustin followed Edmund inside. He found a few burly men standing outside a particular room. Among them, the leader was a young man dressed in a Versace suit. His face was flushed, and he reeked of alcohol. He yelled and kicked the door. Meanwhile, Abigail and a few other female students were hiding in the room, not daring to come out.

“Fuck, it should be an honor that I touched your butt. How dare you hit me? I’m going to teach you a lesson today!”

After a series of hard kicks, the door suddenly fell with a resounding bang.

The girls inside the room instantly screamed in terror, except Abigail, who stood in front, unyielding. With stubborn eyes, she said, “Hold right there! I’m warning you not to do something rash. I’ve already asked for backup. Once my friends come, there’ll be a good show!”

“Backup?” the man in the suit chuckled coldly. “To tell you the truth, this is my territory. It doesn’t matter who you call over. I’m going to fuck you tonight!”

With that, he reached out to grab her.

“Stop!” At that moment, Edmund suddenly ran over and stood in front of his daughter protectively. “Young man, let’s use our words, not our hands.”

“What are you doing here?” Abigail frowned, not the least bit grateful.

“Old geezer, where did you come from?” The man in the suit looked him up and down with an unkind gaze.

“Young man, this is my daughter. She’s young and doesn’t know better. If she’s offended you in some way, I’ll apologize on her behalf,” Edmund said with an apologetic smile, bowing profusely.

“That bitch slapped me and broke my watch. Do you think an apology can fix this?” The man sniffed.

Right then, a girl with short hair beside Abigail suddenly said, “You’re the one who behaved obscenely first! If you didn’t grope her, you wouldn’t have gotten slapped!”

“She should thank her lucky stars that I touched her. Don’t be fucking shameless!” The man glared.

Edmund’s face froze. In the end, he still forced a smile and said, “Young man, I think this is just a misunderstanding. There’s no need to make this bigger than it is. Why don’t we all take a step back, okay?”

“Don’t think it’s over just because you said so!” The man slapped Edmund harshly, cursing. “Who the fuck are you? Are you even worthy of negotiating with me?”

Edmund staggered backward from the blow, almost falling.

Chapter 405

“How dare you hit my father?” Abigail flew into a rage. She picked up a beer bottle, about to swing it, but Edmund stopped her.

“Abigail, don’t be impulsive!”

“What, are you going to hit me again? Why don’t you try? If you as much as harm a hair on my head, not asingle person in this room will walk out of here tonight!” The man in the suit laughed icily.

“Young man, it’s just a misunderstanding. Once you cool down, we can talk nicely.” Edmund said, smiling apologetically.

“Talk? Hmph, what right do you have to talk to me?” The man lifted his broken watch and said disdainfully. “Do you know what watch this is? It’s a limited edition Patek watch that costs eight hundred thousand dollars!

Now, your daughter broke it. Tell me, how will you handle it?”

“Eight hundred thousand dollars? That expensive?” Edmund was thunderstruck. He only earned a few thousand dollars a month. He didn’t know how many years it’d take to save up eight hundred thousand dollars.

“What, didn’t you want to talk? Then pay up. If you can fork out eight hundred thousand dollars tonight, I’ll consider letting your daughter off the hook,” the man responded haughtily.

“Well…” Edmund’s eye twitched. He didn’t know what to do.

“I can tell you can’t afford it. Fine, I won’t make things hard for you. So long as your daughter sleeps with me for a night. I’ll let the eight hundred thousand dollars slide. How does that sound?” The man grinned wickedly.

“In your dreams!” Abigail glowered.

“Young man, give me a few days. I’ll definitely come up with the money,” Edmund said.

“I want it now! If you don’t have the money, then get lost. Don’t get in the way of my fun!” Getting impatient, the man in the suit pushed Edmund to the floor. “Old geezer, consider it a blessing of a lifetime that I have my eyes on your daughter. Even a small–time celebrity doesn’t have the price tag of eight hundred thousand dollars. You should be happy!”

“You’ve crossed the line!” Watching her father get pushed over, Abigail couldn’t hold back anymore. She smashed the beer bottle over the man’s head.

There was a loud sound of glass breaking as the bottle shattered into pieces, drenching the man in beer.

“Huh?” The smash sent the man into a daze, and he was in disbelief. Subconsciously, he reached for his head. and his hand came away full of blood.

“H–how dare you hit me?!” After staring blankly for a brief moment, the man instantly flew off the handle.

Bitch, I’m going to kill you!”

“Let’s see who has the guts to move!”

A group of boys wielding baseball bats stormed in aggressively. The leader was 6’2” with a buff figure and a handsome face. These boys brought a threatening aura with them when they barged in.

“Great. Mike is here!”

When Abigail and the other girls saw the men, they lit up. All of them looked at him with admiration, as if he was their savior.

Mike Horton was a popular figure at school. Not only was he from an established family, but he was also handsome and the captain of the school’s basketball team. He usually responded to people’s cries for help. No matter what the trouble was, he could easily handle it.

“Abigail, are you okay?” Mike asked as soon as he appeared, looking like the classic gentleman.

“I’m fine.” Abigail shook her head, her eyes bright. Naturally, she had some feelings for the school hunk, Mike. They hung out together a lot too.

“Mike, thank goodness you came in time, or we would have been harassed by these people!” the short–haired girl said, terrified.

“Don’t worry. With me here, no one would dare lay a finger on you!” Mike raised the baseball bat, shooting daggers at the man in the suit. “Are you the one bullying my friends? Get on your knees and apologize now, and I may let you go. Otherwise, I’ll break both your fucking legs!”

Chapter 406

Mike assumed an aggressive stance, his eyes sharp. With his tall, buff body, he did look rather threatening. The girls standing behind him stared at him with sparkling eyes; their hearts pounding.

What young woman wasn’t a romantic at heart? They had fantasized about being a damsel in distress saved by prince charming more than once.

“Punk, do you know who the fuck I am? How dare you stick your nose in my business?!” The man in the suit cupped his bleeding head, his eyes dark.

“I don’t care who you are. If you don’t kneel and apologize today, don’t blame me if I shatter your legs!” Mike waved his bat.

“That’s right, apologize!” his group of buddies crowed. Boys at their age naturally had no fear.

“Great! A group of prepubescent boys dares behave so arrogantly in front of me? Just you wait!” the man spat harshly as he attempted to slip away.

“Fuck, who said you could go?” Furious, Mike swung the bat at the man’s legs. The latter stumbled and almost crashed to the floor. “Boys, get him!”

Seeing the leader of their pack get physical, the other boys picked up their bats, ready to start swinging.

“Don’t fight!” Edmund quickly stood in front of them. He said placatingly, “You’re all still in school, so don’t make this a big issue. Just let it go.”

“Who are you?” Mike frowned.

“Mike, that’s Abigail’s father,” the short–haired girl said with a scornful and disdainful laugh.

Abigail lowered her head in shame. It was really embarrassing to have such a weak dad.

“So you’re Uncle Robinson. In that case, for your sake, I’ll let them off,” Mike said, acting magnanimous. Although he looked down on people like that, since he was Abigail’s father, he still had to show him some respect.

“Thank you.” Edmund beamed.

“What are you still standing there for? Get lost!” Mike roared at the man.

“Hmph, if you have what it takes, then don’t run off!” The man in the suit gritted his teeth before leaving with his two lackeys.

“Mike, are you going to let them off just like that? What if they get backup and come back for payback?” the girl with short hair suddenly asked.

“Payback? Do they dare?” Mike laughed with confidence. “Do you know whose territory this is? I’m not afraid to tell you that this place belongs to Lord Horst of the Flame Dragon Gang! Anyone who causes trouble here has a death wish!”

“Lord Horst of the Flame Dragon Gang?!”
Everyone’s expressions changed.

The Flame Dragon Gang were tyrants in this area. No one dared to get on their bad side. As the assistant leader, Lord Horst held a frightening amount of power. He even had connections to several wealthy families. If one angered him, they would die an unpredictable death.

“Don’t be nervous. My father has a close relationship with Lord Horst. In this area, no one has dared to pick a fight with me yet!” Mike boasted.

“As expected of Mike! I never thought he would even know the Lord Horst. It’s impressive.”

“Of course! With Mike’s protection, no one would dare touch us.”

Everyone began to lavish praises on him. The girls especially developed a deeper sense of adoration for him.

Mike was delighted. He enjoyed having everyone’s eyes on him and the feeling of being admired. However, he soon realized something was amiss.

There was one person who’d kept a straight face throughout the entire ordeal, not showing him any respect. “And who are you?”

Chapter 407

Mike turned his attention to Dustin, who was standing next to Mr. Robinson. He couldn’t help feeling threatened by Dustin’s calm demeanor and good looks.

“This is Mr. Rhys, our family’s honored guest. He came over to help out.” Mr. Robinson explained.

“Help out?” Abigail humphed disdainfully. “He hasn’t said a single thing since he arrived. You call that helping out?”

“She’s right! Although he has good looks, it’s embarrassing how much of a scaredy–cat he is.” The short- haired girl shook her head.

While none of the other girls spoke, it was clear that they were all secretly looking down on Dustin. What was the point of being so handsome if he was going to run at the first sign of trouble? He was nothing but an utterly unreliable man.

“A man should act like one, buddy. You shouldn’t try to break up a fight if you’re scared, or you might get hurt.” Mike sniggered and patted Dustin’s shoulder.

Dustin smiled without saying anything, unbothered by those measly words.

“Well, since everything’s over, let’s go back.” Mr. Robinson smoothed things over before turning his attention to his daughter. “Abigail, I’ve told you many times not to run around at night, especially in places like these. It’s dangerous! Hurry up. We’re going home now.” He grabbed her wrist.

“Let me go!” Abigail flung his hand away, annoyed. “You can go back alone! What I do is none of your business!

“What are you doing? I’m just worried about you.” Mr. Robinson frowned.

“Worried about me? What’s the point?” Abigail snorted. “Even if I run into trouble, what can you do? It was their fault, yet you kept apologizing! You might not feel embarrassed, but I do!”

“I’m just locking out for you. Your safety comes first. And there was no need to make things worse,” Mr. Robinson reasoned.

“Does that mean I’m supposed to put up with everything?” Abigail was disappointed. “You always get treated like this. Do you know why I hate you? Because you’re a coward! I’m begging you. Don’t ever show up in front of my friends ever again. Having a father like you is the biggest embarrassment of my life!”

Mr. Robinson froze. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He didn’t know what to say. All he wanted was for his daughter to be safe and sound.

“What are you waiting for? Bri at the door,

“Abigail-” your guest and leave! I don’t want to see you guys anymore!” Abigail pointed

“Go away!” Abigail fumed, ashamed. Why was her father a mere servant who constantly had to be careful around others, while other people’s fathers were successful and famous?

“You guys should head back first, Uncle Robinson. Don’t worry. Abigail will be fine. I’ll protect her,” Mike said with a smile. It was rare to see a father being chewed out by their daughters like this.

“Thank you.” Mr. Robinson forced out a smile and turned to leave.

Just then, they heard some noise coming from the entrance of the karaoke bar, and the man in a suit who had just left came barging in violently with a few dozen men.

“There! Gather them up!” the suited man yelled.

The fierce men drew out their blades and surrounded the room, their vicious gazes frightening those inside. As students, how could they ever win against knives?

“Wait!” Mike stomped forward. “I’m warning you. This place belongs to Lord Horst, who is a friend of my dad. You’re dead meat if you touch us!”

“Are you fucking threatening me right now?” With a mighty slap, the man sent Mike tumbling to the floor. “So what? I’m his fucking brother!!”

His words immediately caused an uproar.

Chapter 408

“Lord Horst’s brother?” Everyone was aghast to hear that, especially Mike, whose face had gone as white as a sheet.

He never expected the man to have that identity. Although his father and Lord Horst knew each other, they were merely acquaintances. However, the man before them was Lord Horst’s brother, so it was clear who mattered more. He was doomed!

“Weren’t you showing off just now? Why don’t you do it one more time?” The man in a suit planted his foot into Mike’s chest, kicking him to the floor. “How dare you meddle with what I do! You must have a death wish!”

With that, he gave Mike another two more blows. Mike gritted his teeth from the pain but couldn’t say anything.

“You bunch of stupid cunts! What makes you think you can boss me around? Get on your fucking knees. All of you! Break the legs of anyone who disobeys!” the man yelled, brandishing his blade.

“On your knees!” His lackeys spat, their blades instantly resting on the students‘ necks. Shaking in terror, the students who had never experienced something like this frantically knelt.

“Hey! Why aren’t you kneeling?” One of the lackeys spotted Dustin.

“You guys are getting this wrong. I don’t know them. I’m just here to watch the show.” Dustin shrugged.

The students immediately glared at him, disgusted. He sure was a scaredy–cat.

The man in the suit glanced at Dustin but decided to ignore him, turning his attention to Mike instead. “Hey. punk! Weren’t you going to break my legs? Well, I’m giving you that chance right now. Go ahead.” The man tossed his baton, which landed beside Mike’s feet.

“That was a misunderstanding.” Mike smiled apologetically. “I was stupid. How about this? I’ll set up a small dinner party tomorrow at Empress Hotel as an apology.”

“Fuck you!” The man slapped Mike across the face. “As if that’s enough to appease me! Who the fuck do you think I am?”

“O–of course, that’s not the only thing. I’ll also visit you with a grand present!” Mike forced a smile, looking rather pitiful.

Everyone couldn’t believe their eyes. The man they looked up to was groveling at someone else’s feet.

The man humphed. “I would have killed you already if you weren’t my brother’s acquaintance!” He kicked Mike aside before turning his gaze to Abigail. “Babe, it’s your turn now. I’ll let this matter go if you sleep with me. tonight.”

“In your dream!” Abigail spat.

“I’ve given you a chance!” The man’s expression darkened, and his palm flew to Abigail’s cheek.

“Don’t hit her.” Edmund hurriedly put himself in front of his daughter. “I’ll pay for your watch. Just give me two days. I’ll definitely bring you 800 thousand dollars!”

“I’ve got no time to wait, old man! I need someone to fuck right now, so no matter what, your daughter will be mine tonight!” The man signaled for two of his lackeys to tie Abigail up.

Edmund tried to stop them but was pinned to the ground by another man.

“Let me go!” Starting to panic, Abigail struggled and flailed around. She quickly looked toward Mike for help expecting him to be her knight in shining armor as usual.

“Let’s talk about this. She is my friend. Can’t you do me a favor and let her go?” Unable to stand it any longer, Mike began to plead.

“Fuck off!” The man gave Mike another slap and swore. “Who the fuck do you think you are? Why the hell should I do someone like you a favor? Fuck off, or I’ll kill you!”

Mike immediately fell silent, swallowing the words he was about to say. Similarly, the rest of the male students kept their heads down without a word, terrified of offending the younger brother of Lord Horst from the Flame Dragon Gang.

“Take her away!” Not wanting to waste any more time, the man grabbed the tied–up Abigail and turned to leave.

“Stop!” Edmund sprang up and grabbed one of the knives. He slid it against the suited man’s neck shakily and threatened. “Nobody move! My blade might accidentally slip!”

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing, old man?” The other man’s face darkened.

“I don’t care about that. Let my daughter go!” Edmund yelled, the blade digging into the other man’s skin.

“Let her go!” Flustered, the suited man was scared he might agitate Edmund.

“Abigail, run!” Edmund urged as soon as his daughter was released.

“But what about you?” Abigail frowned.

“I’ll be fine. You go ahead. I’ll be right behind you.” Edmund forced a smile, not noticing when someone snuck up behind him. That person sent him sprawling to the ground with a blow.

“Dad!” Abigail paled and rushed toward her father but was pulled back.

“How dare you threaten me!” The suited man touched the cut on his neck, infuriated. “Your family should be honored that I want to fuck your daughter. I’ll kill you if you refuse!” He grabbed one of his lackey’s blades and swung it toward Edmund’s arm.

There was a soft hum as the blade cut through the air, but the noise halted when someone reached out to grab the blade in midair. The suited man struggled, but his knife didn’t move an inch.

“That’s enough,” Dustin ordered.

“How dare you stop me!” The other man was flabbergasted.

“I don’t care if you want to kill everyone else, but you aren’t allowed to touch Mr. Robinson,” Dustin warned.

“And if that’s what I want to do?” The other man narrowed his eyes.

“Then don’t blame me for beating you up.” Dustin answered with a straight face.

“Beat me up?” Surprised, the other man burst out laughing. He sneered. “Hey, punk! Do you even know what you’re saying? Look around you. These are all my men. You’ll be cut into pieces if you touch even a strand of my hair.”

“Even a strand of your hair, you say?” Abruptly, Dustin reached out and plucked a strand of the other man’s hair. “Here you go.”

“What?” The corner of the other man’s eye twitched. Feeling humiliated, he roared. “Kill him!“.

Immediately, there was a loud bang as he flew backward, crashing into the wall astonishing everyone in the room.

Chapter 409

“Um….

Everyone was shocked to see the man had been batted away. They never thought Dustin had the balls to hit someone. Besides having control over many men and being Lord Horst’s younger brother, the man in the suit
was well known for being a pompous devil. Even Mike, who came from a distinguished family, had to grovel before that man, yet Dustin dared to talk back against him and even beat him up. Where did he find the confidence to do that?

“How could he hit Lord Horst’s brother? Is he crazy?”

“Offending Lord Horst is the same as offending Flame Dragon Gang. He’s dead meat!”

“What a fool! He probably doesn’t even know who he just crossed.”

Everyone looked at Dustin like he was waiting to die.

“H–how dare you hit me!” The suited man staggered to his feet, one side of his face swollen. As he spoke, two of his teeth fell out.

“Didn’t I tell you? I’ll beat you up if you try to touch Mr. Robinson. Did you think I was joking?” Dustin responded nonchalantly.

“You’re dead meat!” the other man shrieked. “What are you guys waiting for? Get him!”

“Let’s go!” His lackeys charged toward Dustin ferociously.

Instead of retreating, Dustin slowly but steadily made his way through the crowd. Like a whirlwind, he slapped away anyone who got too close. In just a few minutes, all twenty–three men were sprawled over the floor, moaning and wailing in pain from fractured limbs.

“What?”

Everyone couldn’t help gaping speechlessly at Dustin, who won the battle empty–handed. In fact, he hadn’t just won the fight; he’d completely annihilated them!

Was Dustin even human?

“Holy shit! Who knew the skinny kid had moves like that?”

“I judged him wrongly. He isn’t a coward. He’s just an introvert.”

“He’s good–looking and fights well. That’s so cool! Oh, I wish he was my boyfriend.”

After seeing Dustin’s moves, the students‘ attitudes toward him immediately shifted, especially the girls, who now looked at him with adoring gazes,

“W–w–who the fuck are you?” The suited man stumbled backward, terrified. His men were seasoned fighters, but Dustin had taken care of them so effortlessly it was terrifying.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. Right now, you have two choices. Either you let me cripple you, or you apologize to Mr. Robinson,” Dustin replied calmly.

“You better not think too highly of yourself! I’m telling you, my brother is Lord Horst from Flame Dragon Gang! You’re challenging the gang by hurting me!” the other man yelled. Although he was shocked by Dustin’s skills, he quickly regained his confidence when he remembered his brother.

Not wasting more time, Dustin began to slap the suited man again.

“Arrogant, aren’t you?” Dustin slapped him again.

“Flame Dragon Gang, you say?” Another slap rang out.

“And Lord Horst?” And another.

“I’m hitting you right now. What are you going to do about it?”

Dustin struck the man and dished out questions alternately. Soon, the latter’s face completely swelled up. The girls in the room couldn’t control their fluttering hearts at the sight.

Even Abigail’s attitude towards him has changed. At first, she thought he was going to be a coward like her father, so she was taken aback to see him beat up Lord Horst’s brother.

This was what a real man was supposed to be like.

“Answer me. What are you going to do about this?” Dustin grabbed the other man’s collar and lifted him up. his frosty gaze sending shivers down the man’s spine.

“Who the fuck dares to attack my brother?” someone bellowed.

Everyone spun around to see an imposing frame striding toward them commandingly. A few bodyguards donning suits followed closely behind him.

“Lord Horst?”

The students were shocked to see the new arrival. They quickly huddled together at one side, anxious. Lord Horst was the assistant leader of the Flame Dragon Gang and had control over hundreds of men. They would never dare cross this man who hardly cared about the law.

“It’s over, brat! Now that my brother’s here, no one can save you!” The injured man started cackling gleefully.

“Oh, shit! Even Lord Horst’s here?”

“I hope nothing happens to that hot dude.”

The girls began to fear for Dustin’s safety.

Mike silently humphed and silently sneered. “Serves you right for acting so recklessly. Let’s see how you suffer after offending Lord Horst!”

He felt humiliated after seeing how bold Dustin was, and those feelings only became stronger when he realized that all the girls were now attracted to Dustin. Fortunately, Lord Horst had arrived. No matter how powerful Dustin might be, he was still doomed. Mike couldn’t walt to see Dustin groveling for forgiveness.

“You came right on time, Brother! This asshole hit me. You have to help me get even!” the suited man immediately complained.

“Did you tell him my name?” Lord Horst asked.

“Of course I did! But all it did was made him hit me harder. He even insulted you!” The suited man’s words only served to stoke the flame.

Lord Horst’s face darkened instantly. “You’ve got balls, kid. Who do you think you are, causing trouble on my turf? Do you have any idea what the consequences are?”

“Nope.” Dustin shook his head.

“Well, let me tell you right now. I might chop off your arms and legs, or I might just kill you!” Lord Horst spat with narrowed eyes.

“Really? I don’t believe you.” Dustin wore a small smile.

“You sure are naive and foolish!” Lord Horst sneered, his gaze turning menacing. “It seems like you still don’t understand how serious this issue is. I hope you don’t piss your pants when your limbs get chopped off.” He waved to some of his men. “Clear this place out, boys!”

The students became visibly paler after hearing that. Whenever Lord Horst told his men to clear a place out, someone would end up bleeding, sometimes even dying!

After all, with Lord Horst’s power and background, it wasn’t hard for him to make people disappear.

Dustin had landed himself in hot water!

Chapter 410

After Lord Horst issued his command, the entire room was quickly emptied, and all the surveillance cameras were turned off. Mike and some of the students were huddled together in a corner, shaking and not daring to
move. They were well aware that things were getting serious.

“You seem quite calm, kid. Don’t you know you’re in deep shit?” Lord Horst was surprised. Usually, people would be quaking in fear after hearing him order his men to clear out a place, but Dustin was oddly indifferent about this.

He couldn’t tell if Dustin was brave or just foolish.

“Really? I can’t tell.” Dustin shrugged.

“I might consider letting you live if you chop off one of your hands and beg for forgiveness, so you better not whine that I never gave you a chance, kid.” Lord Horst drew out a knife and tossed it. The blade landed next to Dustin with a clang.

“I’m also giving you a chance to scram with your idiot of a brother before I beat you two up,” Dustin replied calmly.

The room fell silent instantly. Some of the students were wide–eyed as they questioned their ears.

Had Dustin just threatened Lord Horst?

What the hell?This was the assistant leader of Flame Dragon Gang they were talking about. The person who decided someone’s fate!

How could Dustin not beg for forgiveness, much less spew insults? Did he have a death wish?

“You do have guts, kiddo. I guess I’ll have to teach you a lesson today.” With a chilling glare, Lord Horst signaled to his men. “You lot! Teach him a lesson!”

“Yes, sir!”

Exchanging glances, several of the bodyguards began inching toward Dustin. They were the elites of Flame Dragon Gang. After enduring all the training, they had all become low–level martial artists, so they assumed that taking Dustin down with their firsts alone should be a simple task.

“He’s got skills, brother. Are you sure your men will be able to handle him?” the suited man asked hesitantly. He could still vividly remember what Dustin had done earlier.

“So what if he’s got skills?” Lord Horst humphed disdainfully. “My guards are elites that I handpicked. Getting rid of that punk will be a piece of cake!”

“I didn’t know they were so strong. That’s great!‘ The other man let out a breath of relief.

Flame Dragon Gang was one of the strongest gangs in South City. They had thousands of men of varying skills and strengths, as well as the Four Guardians, so these men shouldn’t find this task difficult.

“Just watch. They’ll defeat that brat in seconds.” Lord Horst announced confidently.

Just then, groans and screams of pain rang out as someone flew past them and slammed Into the wall.

“Huh?” Exchanging glances, the brothers turned around at the same time. The bodyguard who had been closest to Dustin was now lying on the floor, unable to move.

“What’s going on?” Lord Horst was astonished. Before he could process everything, more miserable wails rang out as the bodyguards all went flying before ending up sprawled over the floor.

Lord Horst and his brother were shocked. They never imagined that Dustin was strong enough to defeat the elites so easily.

“Damn! Those from Flame Dragon Gang couldn’t even withstand his attacks. That man’s a beast!”

The students began whispering, astounded.

Chapter 411

“Your men seem to be quite useless. Isn’t it my turn to attack now?” Dustin yawned lazily.

Lord Horst’s countenance grew somber, his expression turning grave. He knew almost every skilled fighter there was in Millsburg but was coming up blank when it came to Dustin.

Could Dustin be from somewhere else?

“I admire your fighting skills, kid, but I doubt you’re skilled enough to stop a bullet.” Lord Horst recovered from his shock and turned serious. “I’ve met people like you before, thinking they could cause trouble just because they had some skills. But in the end, all of them got shot to death. In this society, skills alone aren’t enough. You still need power and family backgrounds. Would you like to make a bet with me? With just a few words, I
can send you to prison.”

Edmund and the others began worrying for Dustin, who may be a good fighter but was still no match for Lord Horst.

Putting the man’s family connections aside, the men under his control alone should be more than Dustin can handle. After all, how could one man possibly win against thousands?

“Humph! So what if you can fight? You’re still losing to Lord Horst!” Mike spat scornfully, seeming to have forgotten how pitiful he’d looked earlier.

“You’re Lord Horst, right? I suggest you don’t try to provoke me. I’m not worried about the consequences, but you might not even have the time to regret it if I end up killing you.”

“You-” Lord Horst’s face twitched. Although he was adept in situations like these, nothing good would come out of butting heads with someone as foolhardy as Dustin.

“Alright. Enough with the chitchat. Let Mr. Robinson and the rest go for now. We’ll settle our differences then.” Dustin’s expression was indifferent, but inside, he was already plotting their deaths. Should Lord Horst and his men continue to press him, Dustin didn’t mind getting rid of them once and for all. After all, he’d be doing society a huge favor.

“Fine. I’ll let them go this time.” Lord Horst thought about it and agreed.

“What the hell are you guys waiting for? Scram!” the suited man roared.

“O–of course! Right away!” Mike hurriedly led the students out of the place.

“What about you?” Abigail suddenly asked Dustin. She had changed her mind about him after witnessing his unwavering bravery.

“I’ll be fine. Go with your father. I’ll be fine.” Dustin gave her a small smile.

“Mr. Rhys…” Edmund wanted to say something, but Dustin raised his hand to silence the older man.

“You guys will only distract me. Go home.”

Edmund still looked conflicted but eventually left with his daughter. As Dustin said, they wouldn’t be able to help him anyway. Still, Edmund could ask the Harmon family for help. He believed that, with Ruth’s support, Lord Horst wouldn’t trouble Dustin too much.

“Hey, kid. Your friends are all gone. Isn’t it time to settle our score?” Lord Horst finally spoke.

“How do you propose we do that? Dustin wore a mask of a smile on his face.

“You seem to have pretty good moves. Why don’t you work for me? I promise to let this matter go, and you’ll live a wealthy life from now on!” Lord Horst suggested.

“Hmm I thought you were going to see this issue to the end.” Dustin was surprised.

“I’ve got nothing against you. There’s no need for us to take things so far for something so minor. I’ve been through this before. All I’m interested in now is money, not excitement.” Lord Horst lit himself a cigarette.

“Interesting.” Dustin smiled. “To tell you the truth, I was ready to kill all of you, but I’ve changed my mind.”

Lord Horst froze, startled, and the cigarette in his mouth fell to the floor.

Damn it! Dustin was one of those hotheaded fools!

Chapter 412

It was fortunate that Lord Horst hadn’t taken things too far, or the consequences would have been dire.

“So, you agree to join my gang?” Lord Horst asked, lighting another cigarette after calming down.

“I don’t mind joining, but I want to be the gang leader.” Dustin shocked everyone with his words, causing Lord Horst’s second cigarette to fall out of his mouth. Couldn’t Dustin say something normal?

“Are you nuts? Even my brother is only the assistant leader. What gives you the right to be the gang leader?” the suited man argued, displeased.

Lord Horst took a deep breath and stuck another cigarette into his mouth before asking. “Do you have any idea how big Flame Dragon Gang is? People all over Millsburg are dying to get in, so what gives you, someone with no power or strong family background, the right to say something like that?”

“This.” With a flick of Dustin’s finger, a beam of light shot towards the wall. An ear–splitting boom broke out as a meter–wide hole appeared in the wall made of steel and concrete. The force that created the hole had to be stronger than a cannon.

“What?” The Horst brothers gaped incredulously at the hole, and Lord Horst’s cigarette fell out of his mouth once more.

Was Dustin even human? How could he be so powerful?

“Divinity Aura? You’re a Divine–level martial artist?” Lord Horst was flabbergasted and began sweating profusely. If Dustin was truly a Divine–level martial artist, bullets were nothing to him. In other words, whatever Lord Horst had said earlier was utter bullshit.

However, Dustin was only in his twenties. It was extremely rare to find someone so strong at this age, even in Millsburg. It was a good thing Lord Horst hadn’t gone through with his earlier threat, or he’d be dead by now

“With your strength, being the gang leader shouldn’t be a problem. However, people might not be willing to follow you.” Lord Horst unconsciously reached for another cigarette but thought better of it.

“It’s fine. I’ll beat up anyone who defies me.” Dustin replied nonchalantly. “Since I’m new to the city, I needed someone to run errands for me anyway. Your gang is lucky I bumped into you guys.”

Lord Horst forced himself to smile, silently muttering. “Curse my rotten luck!”

“Right, what’s your name?” Dustin suddenly remembered.”

“Nelson Horst.” Lord Horst answered truthfully.

“Lesson Horse?” Dustin raised an eyebrow. “Whatever. Just remember to talk to your gang leader when you get back and tell him to step down. If he doesn’t like the sound of that, feel free to challenge me anytime.”

“Sir Rhys, our gang leader is no ordinary man. He has a powerful family backing him up. It’ll be difficult to force him to step down.” Nelson shook his head.

“Don’t worry. Just do as I say. Let’s meet up within the next two days. I’ll know what to say then.” Dustin instructed.

“Alright. As you command.” Nelson answered obediently, well aware of how strong Dustin was. Dustin was not someone Nelson wanted to cross.

“What should we do now, Nels?” The look on the suited man’s face was odd as he watched Dustin walk away.

“How dare you fucking ask!” Fuming. Nelson slapped his brother. “This is all your fault. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have gotten into trouble with that nuisance! And now, the entire gang is going to suffer!”

The other man held his burning cheek, devastated.

How was he supposed to know he’d get in trouble with a man like Dustin when all he wanted to do was to have some fun with a female student? His luck sure was rotten as hell.

Chapter 413

In a coffee shop across the street, Mike and his group hadn’t left. Instead, they’d made themselves comfortable in the shop to enjoy the show.

“Abigail, was that man your relative? He’s so handsome and brave! He even dared to boss Lord Horst around.”

“She’s right. With his looks and moves, he makes me feel so sale.”

The girls gathered together and gossiped, their voices turning into adoration when talking about Dustin.

“So what if he can fight? In this day and age, the only things that matter are brains, connections, and family backgrounds.” Mike humphed begrudgingly. “Besides, we don’t even know if he can make it out of the place alive after offending Lord Horst, so what’s there to brag about?”

“He’s right! That guy beat up Lord Horst’s men and embarrassed Flame Dragon Gang. It doesn’t matter how strong he is; he’s still dead meat.”

“He’s just a foolish brat who likes to show off.”

The boys grumbled unhappily in return, making the girls worry again.

Dustin may be strong, but the person he upset was the omnipotent Lord Horst of Flame Dragon Gang. Fighting skills alone were useless against the latter.

“Mike, didn’t you say that your dad is friends with Lord Horst? Could you please ask for your dad’s help so that Lord Horst lets Dustin go?” Abigail implored, her eyes glued to the karaoke bar, worried that something might happen.

“Abigail, even if my dad is friends with Lord Horst, you can’t expect me to ask my dad to help a stranger, right? “Mike looked troubled.

“Can’t you do it as a favor for me, Mike? He helped me just now, so I can’t leave him like this.” Abigail begged.

“But-” Mike hesitated before nodding. “Alright. I’ll give it a go for you, but no promises. You know how Lord Horst is. No one can stop him if he’s angry.”

“Thanks.” Abigail forced a smile.

“I’ll do my best.” Mike pulled out his phone and walked to a corner before pretending to make a call. He may have promised Abigail to help, but he didn’t say anything about succeeding. After all his father was still way below Nelson, so there was no way the latter would do his father a favor..

All Mike was doing now was putting on a show to win Abigail’s favor. He couldn’t care less about Dustin’s safety.

“Done. My dad said he’ll put in the request, but the final decision lies with Lord Horst.” Mike made sure to give himself an out.

“Thanks, Mike.” Abigail smiled.

“You’re welcome! Aren’t we friends? Of course I’d help you when you’re in trouble.” Mike boasted.

“You’re spoiling her, Mike. Why don’t you two start dating?” the short–haired girl said.

“That depends on Abigail. I don’t mind.” Mike answered hall–jokingly.

“Stop fooling around, Nina.” Abigail glared at the other girl bashfully, her reaction leading Mike to think that he might have a chance.

“Look. That guy got out!” One of the girls suddenly pointed at the karaoke bar.

Everyone turned their heads and saw Dustin walk out of the building, seemingly unharmed.

“Holy shit! Mike got him out with a phone call. That’s so cool!”

“That was quick! You’re amazing. Mike!”

Everyone was shocked to see Dustin walk out, and the boys immediately began praising Mike.

Chapter 414

“He actually got out?” Mike was stunned. He never expected Dustin to leave that place safely. He only made a casual call to his dad without expecting much.

Since when had his father gotten so authoritative?

“Um, are you all right?” Abigail was the first to walk out of the coffee shop and approach Dustin, the rest of the students following behind her.

“What could’ve happened?” Dustin splayed out his hands. “And why haven’t you gone home yet?”

“Abigail was worried you were going to be chopped up, so she wouldn’t leave.” Nina interjected. “Still, to think you managed to get out of there safely after upsetting Lord Horst. You sure are lucky. I’ll give you that.”

“Is he very powerful? I went easy on him just now and didn’t give him a beating.” Dustin responded indifferently.

“What? You wanted to give him a beating?” Nina rolled her eyes. “Are you crazy? Lord Horst is the assistant leader of Flame Dragon Gang, and he’s got hundreds of men at his beck and call. No one could save you!”

“Dude, word of advice? Don’t think you’re invincible just because you’re a decent fighter. There are countless people out there who are stronger than you. You better lay low.” Mike grumbled.

“He’s right. You’re new to this place, so you don’t have any idea how dangerous Millsburg can be. Do you think you could’ve safely escaped if Mike hadn’t made a call to help you?” One of the boys snorted.

“Mike? Which Mike?” Dustin was puzzled.

“This one, of course!” The boy waved at Mike proudly, being the perfect lackey.

“Him?” Dustin shook his head, smiling. “First of all, I left using my own skills. It had nothing to do with others. Secondly, what makes you think that a person who cowered in fear because of Lord Horst could save me?”

“You’re a stubborn brat!” Nina was displeased. “It’s bad enough that you aren’t thanking Mike for saving you, but aren’t you being rude by insulting him instead?”

“Exactly! We shouldn’t have asked Mike to help you if we knew you would be so arrogant!” the boys agreed.

“Forget it. Since he isn’t grateful for my help, let him stay in his bubble. Sooner or later, someone will teach him a lesson.” Mike waved their words away, feigning generosity.

“See? This is how a kind and generous person should act.” Nina gave Mike a thumbs up.

“You’ve still got a lot to learn before you can reach Mike’s level.” the boys sneered.

Even the girls couldn’t help frowning. Although they were attracted by Dustin’s good looks and brave attitude, his disgusting character put them off.

“Fine. If you think that he helped me, then so be it.” Dustin couldn’t be bothered to argue. After lagging down a taxi, he turned and asked Abigail, “Since we’re traveling in the same direction, would you like to share a ride?”

“Mike, Nina, I’ll be on my way. Let me know if anything comes up,” Abigall said her goodbyes before leaving with Dustin.

As soon as the two left, Nelson and his brother emerged from the karaoke bar, looking displeased.

“Hey, isn’t that Lord Horst? He looks pissed. Do you think he’s going to hunt that guy down?” someone pointed out.

“Hunt him down?” A mischievous twinkle lit up Mike’s eyes. He quickly approached the two men with a sneaky smile. “Lord Horst, are you trying to find the guy who fought you just now? I can bring you to him. I know where he is.”

“What?” Nelson exclaimed, his features contorting in rage.

Not noticing the other man’s shift in expression, Mike continued gushing. “Lord Horst, you should teach that arrogant brat a lesson. Please don’t worry about offending me. You can rough him up as much as you want!”

“Rough him up? I’ll fucking rough you up!” Nelson roared, landing a firm slap on Mike’s face. “You fucking moron! Leave me out of your goddamn suicide mission! Fuck off!”

Chapter 415

Located in an urban village was Enchanting Villa.

As soon as Dustin and Abigail got out of the car, they spotted Edmund anxiously pacing the entrance.

“Are you alright, Mr. Rhys?” Edmund was delighted when he saw them. “I called Ms. Ruth for help, but I’m surprised at how quickly she got you out of there.”

“Thanks. Mr. Robinson, but it wasn’t necessary to bother the Harmon family with something so minor.” Dustin smiled.

“Minor?” Edmund’s eye twitched. If crossing Nelson was a minor issue, then what would Dustin consider a major one?

“How about you, Abigail?” Edmund turned his attention to his daughter.

“It’s none of your business. Don’t ever show up in front of my classmates ever again!” Abigail spat, heading straight into the house. She was clearly still holding a grudge over how cowardly her father was.

Edmund signed. He was completely clueless about how to mend the relationship with his daughter.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Robinson. She’ll understand you one of these days.” Dustin reassured the older man,

Although there was a rift between the father–daughter duo, both parties clearly cared for each other. Abigail might look tough on the outside, but whenever her father was in trouble, she’d be the first to jump out and protect him.

“I hope so.” Edmund forced a smile. “Please follow me, Mr. Rhys. Your room is ready.” He led Dustin to a guest room.

The room was cleaned and fully furnished with branded goods. It was obvious that a lot of effort had gone into preparing this room.

“Thanks, Mr. Robinson. It’s lovely.” Dustin was satisfied.

“Great to hear that you’re happy. Mr. Rhys. I’ll attend to other matters now.” Edmund gave Dustin a nod before turning around and leaving.

After a moment, someone knocked on the door. When Dustin opened it, ne saw Abigail standing there, dressed in pajamas with cartoon designs. She had removed her makeup and now looked much kinder and more sensible.

“What’s up?” Dustin asked.

“Um… could I come in?” Abigail asked awkwardly.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for a man and a woman to be alone in a room.” Dustin wore an odd expression on his face.

“I’m not even being that fussy about it.” Abigail rolled her eyes and walked into his room. “Close the door. ! don’t want my dad to see us.”

“Huh?” Dustin was surprised.

What was she up to?

“What are you waiting for? Come here. Abigail plopped onto Dustin’s bed and patted the spot beside her.

Her pale, exposed, crossed legs seemed exceptionally distracting under the light. It was a fact that Abigail was a beautiful girl with perfect features and a voluptuous and alluring figure.

“You better not mess around. I’m not interested in minors.” Dustin was alarmed.

“What are you talking about?” Abigail sneered. “Excuse me, but I’m not here because I’m interested in you. I just have a favor to ask.”

“I see. Thank God.” Dustin let out a breath of relief. Currently, he was also a mess when it came to sexual relationships.

“Do guys only think about those kinds of things? Abigail was baffled.

Chapter 416

Dustin was rendered speechless. What else was he supposed to think when a girl willingly approached him at night?

Too lazy to argue, Dustin merely asked, “What do you need?”

“Judging from today’s battle, you seem like a good fighter. How did you do that?” Abigail asked.

“Ever heard of Elder–level martial artists? I’m one of them, so I can easily handle over three hundred opponents. " Dustin answered nonchalantly.

“Yeah, right. I doubt it.” Abigail clearly didn’t believe him.

“Whatever. You probably can’t comprehend what I’m telling you anyway. All you need to know is that I’m very powerful.” Dustin summarised. Most ordinary citizens didn’t know about martial artists, so even if they met one, they wouldn’t be able to tell.

“Fine. Can you teach me some moves? I’m not asking for much. I just want to be able to defeat a dozen men.” Abigail looked at Dustin with hopeful eyes.

“You want me to take you in as my disciple?” Dustin raised an eyebrow.

“Ugh, you’re so old–fashioned. Who does that these days? Just teach me a few moves as a friend,” Abigail responded.

“I guess that’s fine. But to learn my moves, you have to have a solid foundation, or it’ll be useless. This means that you’ll have to start by building your internal energy.” Dustin told her.

“What’s internal energy?” Abigail stared at him dumbly.

“You can understand it as mana.”

“Oh, I get it. It’s what allows those people to become human anvils and all.” Abigail realized.

“Um… I guess so.” Dustin’s smile faltered before he continued. “It takes talent for someone to cultivate mana. After all, effort pales in comparison to actual talent. Those who are meant to become martial artists will easily understand this, while those who aren’t won’t see the results no matter how hard they work.”

“I see. Then do I have that talent?” Abigail asked eagerly.

“Give me your hand.”

“Okay.”

“I’ll pass some of my true energy to you. If you can feel it, that means you’ve got the potential to become a martial artist; if you don’t, then you’re just not cut out for it.” Dustin explained, holding her wrist and channeling some of his energy into her.

“Huh? I can feel It! It’s warm and tingly!” Abigail lit up.

“Not bad. You passed the first level.” Dustin nodded. Before he could say anything else, his brows furrowed as he realized the energy he had just channeled into her had miraculously disappeared. It was as if something
had swallowed his energy completely.

“How is this possible?”

Puzzled, Dustin channeled another burst of energy into Abigail, which was quickly absorbed again. However, he had felt it this time. There was a seal inside her body, and the seal was so strong that his true energy
wasn’t enough to affect it.

Fortunately, it was a protective seal that was harmless to Abigail’s body and would only come into effect when she was in danger. Thinking that the energy he channeled earlier was a threat, the seal automatically
absorbed it.

The seal had been done by someone who was either a Grandmaster martial artist or stronger and an expert in seal making. In other words, Abigail was under the protection of someone powerful.

“What’s wrong? Is there a problem?” Abigail asked after seeing Dustin’s reaction.

“It’s nothing.” Dustin smiled. “I’ll pass you the training technique, but your success depends on you.” He wrote down the training techniques for beginners and passed the paper to Abigail. “Study it back in your room. Find me again once you’ve mastered your internal energy.”

“Okay!” Abigail took the paper and ran back to her room excitedly.

“Interesting.” Dustin smirked, staring at Abigail’s retreating figure.

The seal in her body was extremely rare, and only close family members would waste so much time and effort to do something like that.

Dustin instantly became more interested in Abigail’s mother.

Chapter 417

Early the next morning. Dustin received a phone call from Nelson when he woke up.

“Hi, Mr. Rys. Are you up yet?”

“I just woke up. What’s up? Any results?” Dustin asked.

“Our gang leader would like to meet you. We can slowly chat then.” Nelson smiled apologetically.

“Sure. Where?” Dustin responded bluntly.

“At the Flame Dragon Dojo.”

“Alright. I’ll be there soon.” Dustin hung up, did a simple freshening up, and left in a taxi. He had already expected that the gang wouldn’t give in so easily, and since he had some spare time on his hands, he didn’t mind having some fun with them.

After thirty minutes, his taxi pulled up in front of Flame Dragon Dojo.

Dustin got out of the car, and Nelson immediately brought his men over to greet him with a smile. “Welcome. Mr. Rhys. This way, please.”

Dustin hummed and nodded in response, walking straight in.

Hundreds of the gang’s elites had gathered inside the dojo, each of them sturdily built and with ferocious attitudes. As soon as Dustin entered, everyone turned their piercing glares toward him, as if they were staring at a prey.

“Hey, kid. You’re the one who wants to challenge my gang?” A paunchy, fat man emerged from the crowd holding some beads. Following behind him were four large, bald men whose black singlets did nothing to hide their toned, rippling muscles.

“I guess. I’m just interested in the gang leader’s seat.” Dustin nodded.

“How dare you!” The elites of the gang immediately cried out indignantly, dying to flay Dustin alive for saying such nonsense.

“You’ve got balls, kid.” The bald man signaled for his men to quiet down before continuing. “It took me over a decade to get to where I am now, so why should I let you take my position?”

“Nelson asked the same thing yesterday, and I’ve already given him my answer,” Dustin replied,

“I know you’ve got some skills, but that doesn’t mean you can treat our gang however you want.” Harry Hall said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “You’ll have to prove yourself if you want to be the gang leader. I’ll give you a chance right now. If you can defeat our Four Guardians, I’ll step down willingly! Similarly, if you lose to them, you’ll serve our gang for ten years. How about that?”

The Four Guardians were all High–level martial artists who had impeccable skills. When fighting together, they were as strong as a Divine–level martial artist, which meant taking care of a young man would be a piece of cake.

“Sure. I like doing things the simple way too.” Dustin agreed.

“Great. Sign the papers, then.” Harry waved for his men to bring out a liability waiver form, which Dustin signed. without hesitation.

“Things seem to be fun in here.”

Right before the battle began, a young, suave man walked in casually with beautiful ladies hanging off him,

“Mr. Hill?” Harry immediately greeted the other man with a smile. “What brings you here today?”

“I heard that someone challenged Flame Dragon Gang, so I thought I’d enjoy the show.” Patrick Hill replied with a smile.

“We get idiots who challenge us every year. They eventually end up crippled or dead, so this is nothing new.” Harry shook his head.

“I’m curious, Sir Hall. Who would dare to challenge your gang?” Patrick looked around.

“It’s him.” Harry pointed at Dustin. “He’s talking big just because he has some skills, and now he even wants my position. How foolish.”

Patrick was surprised when he saw Dustin. “Sir Hall isn’t an easy opponent, young man. You should just spar for fun. It’ll be unfortunate if you die because of this.”

“Thanks for the advice, but I’m confident I can win, or I wouldn’t have come in the first place.” Dustin smiled softly.

“Being confident is a good thing, but you shouldn’t be too arrogant. There are always people stronger than you. “Patrick advised.

“Maybe.” Dustin responded.

“Whatever. I won’t stop you if you insist.” Patrick shook his head.

“You shouldn’t waste your time on foolish people.”

“She’s right. Some people are just too arrogant. He’ll have time to cry when he’s crippled.”

The girls in his embrace sneered, looking down on Dustin, who they thought was acting all high and mighty.

Dustin had it coming if he ended up dead anyway.

“Have a seat, Mr. Hill, Enjoy the show.” Harry smiled before leading Patrick and his companions to the seats in front. Then, he turned toward Dustin with a cold attitude. “Please step into the battle ring.”

“Sure.” Dustin smiled and walked toward the platform.

“You four can deal with him. Don’t hold back, and be careful of cheap tricks.” Harry instructed the Four Guardians.

“Yes, sir!” the four men answered in unison before heading toward the battle ring as well.

“How many blows do you think that punk can stand?” one of the women asked Patrick.

“The battle will most likely end within after ten rounds,” Patrick answered calmly.

The Four Guardians were quite famous in South City. Alone, they weren’t the strongest, but once they worked together, their strength increased tremendously. Besides, as martial artists with impenetrable skin, their body was incredibly strong, so Dustin was bound to struggle against them.

“You think too highly of them. Look at how skinny he is. I bet he’ll be defeated with five blows.”

“I say three.” The ladies jeered.

Everyone knew how powerful the Four Guardians were, so there was no way a young man in his twenties could withstand their attacks.

Chapter 418

“You must have a death wish for challenging the four of us, kid!”

On the platform, the four bald men stared at Dustin intently with cold smiles. They’ve met countless skilled martial artists in Millsburg, but they had defeated all of those who challenged them. Dustin was not going to be any different.

“Cut the chit–chat. Let’s fight.” Dustin kept his left hand behind his back and stretched out his right.

“Since you’re determined to die, let me help you!” One of the bald men couldn’t wait any longer and dashed toward Dustin, throwing a punch at the man. The force and speed of his attack produced an audible whoosh,

“What a powerful punch! It could kill someone easily!”

“I take back what I said. He won’t even last one punch!”

The ladies were stunned by the bald man’s strength.

While Patrick didn’t say much, he was secretly shaking his head. Each of the Four Guardians was a High–level martial artist, and a strike from any of them was enough to crush stones. Not many could withstand their attacks.

“Foolish boy!” Harry sneered, confident that this was the end of the battle.

Nelson merely stood silently at the side, not saying a word.

Under everyone’s watchful gaze, the bald man’s fist landed heavily on Dustin’s chest with a thud.

Shockingly, Dustin seemed completely unaffected. Instead, the man who had attacked him staggered back, nearly tripping. The bones in his fist had shattered, and he could no longer raise his arm.

“How can this be?” The bald man was astonished. He had used his full power, which could have punched through walls. Yet, punching Dustin had been like punching a mountain. Instead of hurting him, the bald man only hurt himself.

How terrifying!

“What?”

Everyone was shocked to see the bald man stumbled backward. They had all assumed the punch was enough to end Dustin, who turned out unharmed.

“Stop playing around and end this.” The eldest of the four brothers spoke.

The youngest brother gritted his teeth and raised his uninjured left arm, throwing another punch, He couldn’t stand the thought of–No, he couldn’t believe someone could end up unscathed after suffering his punch.

Another thwack sounded as the bald man punched Dustin at full force again, but the results were the same. Dustin was uninjured, while the other man staggered back from the force, the bones in his fists shattered.

“Brother, there’s something weird about him! The bald man’s face had contorted in pain as he sweated profusely. His punches had completely destroyed his arms, and there was nothing else he could do.

“Let’s attack together!” Realizing the severity of the situation, the eldest brother stopped holding back.

Under his order, the four of them launched themselves at Dustin at the same time. Some used their fists, while others used their legs, attacking Dustin from all directions.

Like a statue, Dustin didn’t move an inch.

The Four Guardian’s attacks rained down on him ceaselessly, yet the results were the same. Dustin remained unbothered and unharmed, while the four brothers were forced to stumble backward, infuriated.

Chapter 419

For a moment, the room fell into an eerie silence, stunned by what had transpired.

“You should give up if that’s all you’ve got.” Dustin stretched, bored.

“You’re dead meat!” Pissed, the Four Guardians exchanged glances before launching themselves at Dustin again.

This time, they gave it their all aiming for his vital or vulnerable spots with firm attacks.

“Humph!”

With a mighty stomp, the ground beneath them gave way, forming a large pit. The commotion shook the entire dojo, and at the same time, extreme Divine Aura whirled around before heading straight toward the four brothers.

Like they were being hit by a truck, the four men were thrown into the air, blood gushing out of their mouths and noses, before they landed on the floor heavily, passing out instantly.

“Um

The crowd gaped at the fallen men in disbelief. They couldn’t believe that the Four Guardians of Flame Dragon Gang, who were all High–level martial artists who had never lost any battles, had been utterly crushed by Dustin.

Just how monstrously strong was Dustin?

“H–he won?”

The ladies covered their mouths in shock. They’d thought that Dustin was no match for the Four Guardians and that they could defeat Dustin easily. Instead, Dustin got rid of them with a single stomp. If they hadn’t personally witnessed the entire ordeal, they might have thought that this was a scene from a movie.

“How is that possible?” Harry sprung up, incredulous. The Four Guardians had been the ace up his sleeve and Flame Dragon Gang’s pillar of strength, but Dustin had defeated them effortlessly.

Harry felt extremely vulnerable after seeing the aftermath.

“Was that Divine Aura?” Patrick was shocked as well.

Only Divine–level martial artists could let out internal energy like that. When martial artists achieved divinity. their internal energy would then be called Divine Aura. The latter was over a hundred times stronger than ordinary internal energy.

Since it had been revealed that Dustin was a Divine–level martial artist, they no longer needed to wonder why he acted so fearlessly.

It was extremely rare to find Divine–level martial artists so young.

“I was right. He’s a monster.” Nelson gulped, utterly impressed.

Among the people in the dojo, he was the only one who knew how strong Dustin was, but he’d held out hope since he’d been confident in the Four Guardian’s skills, which had turned out to be useless.

“Who wants to try next?” Dustin surveyed the place calmly.

Flame Dragon Gang’s elites exchanged nervous glances with each other, but no one spoke up. They knew. they’d only embarrass themselves by challenging someone who had defeated the Four Guardians.

“What now, Sir Hall?” Dustin turned his attention to Harry.

“I didn’t know you were so strong. I accept my defeat.” Harry sighed, looking conflicted. “I will step down. From today onward, you shall be the new leader of Flame Dragon Gang.”

“An honorable man indeed.” Dustin smiled. “But don’t worry. I’ll merely be the gang leader in name. I won’t interfere with the gang matters, so you still have your authority.”

“Thank you, sir!”

Chapter 420

Harry’s face lit up, and he hurriedly saluted. “All hail, Sir Rhys, our new leader!”

“All hail, Sir Rhys!” The crowd quickly saluted as well.

In the martial world, strength is paramount, and since Dustin had proven his strength, he now had the right to lead them.

“Congrats, bro. What’s your name?” Patrick stood up and saluted, wanting to befriend this young talented man.

“Dustin Rhys.” Dustin saluted back.

“My name’s Patrick Hill. Today’s show was mind–boggling. Would you be interested in visiting the Hill family residence?” Patrick offered.

“I’ll be sure to visit when I’m free.” Dustin returned the pleasantries, feeling quite fond of the other man.

“Sir, why don’t we take this opportunity to have a drink together? High Point Building next door is quite a nice place.” Harry invited.

“Sure.” Dustin nodded and turned to look at Patrick. “Care to join us?”

“It’d be my pleasure.” Patrick answered with a smile.

Thus, Harry led the group of people to the building next door.

High Point Building was a Victorian–style restaurant with three beautifully decorated floors. Harry, who was a regular, led them straight to the Sky Lounge.

“You’re here again, Harry?” A beautiful woman in her thirties entered the room, carrying two bottles of wine. Her voluptuous figure was extremely alluring and could tempt any man.

“Roxy, meet our new gang leader, Sir Rhys. He’ll be in charge of Flame Dragon Gang from now on.” Harry gestured towards Dustin.

“Nice to meet you, Sir Rhys.” Roxy lowered her body, her breasts nearly popping out of her shirt.

Dustin nodded without saying much.

“Put the bottles down and bring out your signature dishes. We’re going to celebrate.” Harry told her with a smile.

“Sure thing. Please give me a moment.” Roxy smiled invitingly and left the room, swaying her hips provocatively.

Dustin turned his head for another look. He had to admit that Roxy had a wonderful body.

“I’d like to offer you a toast with this fine vodka, Sir Rhys!” Smiling, Harry poured Dustin a glass. Instantly, the pleasant aroma of the liquor filled the room.

“The woman who just came in. Is she yours?” Dustin suddenly asked.

“Yep. She’s been with me for years.” Harry answered truthfully with a nod.

“She’s a locker for sure.” Dustin smiled.

His words caused the ladies beside Patrick to frown. How could he tease someone else’s woman the moment. they meet?

“She was much prettier when she was younger. Harry forced a smile.

“I don’t think so. Her body looks so mature. I’m sure no man can resist her.” Dustin commented with a mask of a smile.

Harry’s smile stiffened, but he couldn’t say anything back.

Dustin pressed. “At her age, I bet she has a lot of needs.”

“Yeah, uh, it’s been getting harder to handle her these days. I take supplements regularly now.” Harry put on a forced grin.

“Since you’re struggling, why don’t I help you?” Dustin smiled. “I’ve got a strong body, after all.”

His words made the whole room go silent. No one could have expected him to make such a vulgar request about fucking someone else’s woman in front of them.

He had taken things too far!

Chapter 421

“Sir Rhys, you’re taking things too far.” Harry’s smile slowly turned cold. No one could stand taunts like that no matter how well–mannered they were.

“Aren’t we friends? Shouldn’t I help you in times of trouble? After all, helping others makes me happy.” Dustin’s smile was still happy as ever.

“I don’t need your help on this, Sir Rhys. I can take care of it myself. Let’s drink. Harry struggled to keep the smile on his face and quickly changed the subject.

Still, Dustin didn’t let go of the topic. “Why don’t you ask her what she thinks? Who knows? She might agree.”

“Hey! That’s enough!” The ladies could no longer hold back.

“Who knew you’re such a disgusting man under that nice–looking face? How could you keep your eye on someone else’s woman?”

“Exactly. Just because you’re powerful doesn’t mean that you can humiliate others like this. You’re crossing.the line!”

"Search for a prostitute elsewhere instead of putting us off.” As women, they felt utterly disgusted by Dustin’s attitude.

Patrick merely narrowed his eyes without saying much. He has only known Dustin for a short time, so he couldn’t firmly identify Dustin’s personality. However, if this was Dustin’s true colors, it’d be best for Patrick to stay away from the other man. He didn’t have any cuckolding fetishes.

“Why are you ladies getting so worked up? He hasn’t even said anything yet,” Dustin responded indifferently.

“You’re shameless!” The ladies were livid. They’ve never met someone as sick as him.

“Ahem, if she’s your type, I’ll definitely get someone to serve you tonight.” Nelson tried to smooth things over.

“He’s right. There are so many women out there. This is your lucky day. Let’s have a good time. I hope you pardon me for anything I’ve said to offend you earlier. To pay my respects, I take the first shot!” Harry lifted his glass and downed the drink.

“Why, your tolerance is impeccable. Very impressive.” Dustin smiled teasingly.

“I see. So you were joking.” Understanding dawned on Nelson.

“You shouldn’t play pranks like this on your friends, Sir Rhys.” Harry let out a breath of relief, sweat unknowingly beading his forehead.

“Who said I was joking?” Dustin’s expression turned ruthless. “You have two choices right now me fuck your woman or die here.”

Everyone’s expression darkened straight away. Was he threatening Harry?

“Don’t you think you’re being unreasonable? Harry frowned unhappily.

“So what? I’ll count to three. If you don’t make up your mind, I’ll do it for you.” Dustin held out three fingers.

"Sir! I never did anything wrong. Why are you doing this to me?” Harry’s fists clenched.

“Three …”

“I know you’re a powerful man, but you shouldn’t be so unreasonable!”

“Two…”

“The martial world has its own rules. Your actions will cause backlash!”

“One”

“Sir, you-”

“Time’s up.”

Dustin grabbed a fork from the table and stabbed it into Harry’s throat in one fluid motion. Blood instantly began trickling down the length of the fork, dying the man’s shirt red.

“Ugh!” Harry froze, his face showing his disbelief, never expecting Dustin to act so mercilessly.

Harry’s sudden death shocked the entire room, and they remained rooted to their seats, unable to process what had just transpired. Dustin decided to kill someone merely because the latter refused to let him sleep with his woman. He must be crazy!

“Y–y–you crazy bastard! How could you kill him?”

After a pause, all hell broke loose.

Chapter 422

The ladies shrank away from the table in terror. Nelson, looking as though he’d seen a ghost, immediately pulled away, worried that Dustin might suddenly kill him as well. The only one left calmly sitting in his seat was Patrick.

“Can I know what you have against Harry?” Patrick asked cooly.

“Nothing.” Dustin shook his head.

“Then, do you have a grudge against him?”

“Nope.”

“Then, why did you kill him?”

“Because he deserved to die.”

“And the reason?” Patrick pressed. He despised people who killed others without reason. No matter how powerful those people might be, they didn’t deserve to be his friends.

“Mr. Hill, doesn’t the vodka smell wonderful?” Instead of answering Patrick’s question, Dustin countered with a question of his own.

“Why does that matter?” Patrick frowned.

“It smells extremely delicious. Too delicious, in fact.” Dustin pulled out a silver needle and stuck it into the glass. When he drew the needle back out, the tip had already turned black!

“It’s poisoned?” Patrick paled. The needle didn’t just prove that there was poison in the vodka but that the poison was extremely potent!

“How could that be?” The crowd exchanged fearful looks. They had nearly drunk the same vodka.

“This is why I killed him,” Dustin responded calmly. “He puts on a facade of flattery but was secretly plotting such a deadly plan. Should I have kept a man like him alive?”

“I see …” Patrick quickly understood. So Dustin had already seen through Harry’s plan. No wonder he killed the latter with such certainty, while Patrick was still kept in the dark.

“Even if the drink was poisoned, you can’t prove that Harry was the one who did it.” One of the ladies humphed stubbornly, unable to accept Dustin’s reckless action.

How could he kill someone without proof?

“Both the vodka and the woman belong to him. Do you really think that he had nothing to do with this?” Dustin reasoned. “I was testing him earlier, but he endured it and kept changing the topic, trying to make me drink.

What else could this mean?”

His words rendered the ladies speechless. Now that they thought about it, things did seem odd. After all, no ordinary man would be able to tolerate someone else humiliating their woman.

“You’re so observant, Dustin. I’m impressed!” Patrick’s smile returned. It was rare to see a young man as strong and observant as Dustin.

“Do you agree with what I said, Nelson?” Dustin turned his attention to the man in the corner of the room.

“Huh?” Startled, Nelson threw himself onto his knees before Dustin, sweating profusely. “It had nothing to do with me, sir! I had no idea! Harry planned this on his own! Please don’t kill me!”

“Why are you so nervous? I never said I was going to kill you.” Dustin helped Nelson to his feet before continuing. “I know an honest man like you would never do something like this.”

“Thank you, sir! Thank you so much!” Nelson thanked repeatedly, tears streaming down his cheeks. He was absolutely terrified. Harry’s corpse lay next to him, his lifeless eyes staring at Nelson, creeping the man out.

"Take care of this. You’re in charge of the gang from now on.” Dustin instructed, patting Nelson’s shoulder.

Nelson’s knees went weak, and he sank to the floor. To think that the mighty Lord Horst of Flame Dragon Gang was shaking in fear.

Chapter 423

Now that Harry was dead, Nelson, the assistant leader, successfully took over and replaced him as the one in charge of the Flame Dragon Gang. With thousands of disciples and hundreds of elite members, the Flame Dargon Gang was a significant force in the entire Millsburg. It would be easier for Dustin to do things in Millsburg with the Flame Dragon Gang backing him up.

“Dustin, although you are now the leader of Flame Dragon Gang, you might still face some troubles ahead,” Patrick reminded him as they walked out of High Point Building.

“Troubles? What do you mean?” Dustin asked curiously.

“Harry didn’t rise to power from nothing. He always had someone backing him up. By killing Harry, you’ll definitely offend that person,” Patrick said.

“Oh? Who is this person?” Dustin asked.

“Terry Doyle, the eldest son of the Doyle family.”

“Terry Doyle? I haven’t heard of him.” Dustin shook his head.

“I can tell that you’re not local. Everyone here knows Terry, but I must tell you, that man is not simple.” Harry’s face carried a hint of seriousness. “The Doyle family is an ancient martial arts family and is one of the Fabulous Five. They hold significant influence in the martial arts world of Balerno. Terry is the heir of the Doyle family and is in his early thirties. He is already one of the Heavenly Immortals! Only a few among the younger generation in Millsburg can match him! If you encounter Terry, you must be extremely careful. This person seeks revenge for the smallest grievances, and anyone who offends him doesn’t have a good ending.”

Upon hearing that, Dustin couldn’t help but smile. “Thank you for the reminder, Patrick. I will be cautious.”

“Of course, nothing in this world is absolute. If you can find a backer in Millsburg, such as the Hills family, I believe Terry wouldn’t dare to act rashly.”

Patrick’s tone changed as he began to coax, “The Hill family still holds considerable influence in Millsburg. With your talent and strength, you can become our consultant. I’m just not sure if you’re interested.”

“Thank you for your kind offer, Patrick, but I haven’t considered it for now. Let’s discuss it if there’s an opportunity,” Dustin politely declined with a smile. He was accustomed to freedom and didn’t want to be bound by others.

“Hey! Do you even know what you’re saying?”

At this moment, a glamorous woman next to them spoke unhappily. “Becoming a consultant of the Hill family is a dream sought after by countless people. Mr. Hill values you and wants to win you over, I didn’t expect your to be so ungrateful!”

“Shut up! Don’t be disrespectful!” Patrick turned around and glared at her before apologizing to Dustin. “Dustin, I apologize. It was my failure to discipline her. Please forgive me.”

“It’s alright.” Dustin waved his hand, not wanting to dwell on it.

“Since you have other aspirations, I won’t force you. But you can come find me anytime if you change your mind.” Patrick smiled.

“Sure.” Dustin nodded slightly.

Just as they were exchanging pleasantries, Patrick’s phone suddenly rang. His face instantly changed upon answering the call.

“What? Grandfather old injury has relapsed, and he fainted? How did this happen? Alright! I’ll go home immediately. You quickly go and fetch the doctor!”

Patrick’s face fell after hanging up the phone. “Dustin, something urgent happened at home. I have to take my leave.”

“Is someone in your family sick?” Dustin asked tentatively.

“Yes, my grandfather exerted himself too much during his cultivation, and his old injury acted up. The situation is not good.” Patrick looked solemn.

“If it’s an internal injury. I have a pill that works exceptionally well.” Dustin took a black pill and said, “It’s called the Gemiphen. It can invigorate blood circulation, dispel stasis, and strengthen the body. It may be helpful for your grandfather’s chronic internal injury.”

“Thank you, Dustin!” Patrick expressed his gratitude and accepted the pill. Although he didn’t believe this pill could heal his grandfather’s injury, it was still a gesture from Dustin, and he didn’t want to refuse it.

After watching Patrick leave hurriedly, Dustin hailed a taxi by the roadside and returned to the villa in the urban village.

Chapter 424

Just as he entered the house, Abigail ran toward him and shouted excitedly, “Uncle! I did it. I did it!”

“What do you mean?” Dustin was shocked. “Are you pregnant?”

How could she get pregnant at such a young age? This girl was too wild.

“Gosh! Of course not! I’m still a virgin!” Abigail retorted, rolling her eyes.

“Why are you so excited if you’re not pregnant?” Dustin was speechless. She shocked him for a second.

“Didn’t you teach me the cultivation technique last night? Well, I’m thrilled to announce that I have successfully cultivated my internal energy!” Abigail said, beaming with joy.

“What? So soon?” Surprised, Dustin frowned.

Usually, it would take an average martial artist at least a year or more to cultivate internal energy. Even for exceptionally talented individuals, it would still take several months to grasp the basics. Yet, Abigail claimed to have achieved it overnight. Did she master it that fast?

Dustin was skeptical and reached out to feel her pulse. Indeed, he felt a faint flow of energy circulating in her core. Although the energy was very subtle, she indeed had internal energy.

In other words, Abigail really succeeded!

In just one night, she had achieved what ordinary martial artists would take a year or more of arduous training to accomplish. Her talent was truly exceptional!

Just imagine, while others struggled for ten years, Abigail could achieve the same level of mastery in just a day of leisurely practice. How could anyone compete with that?

Hard work paled in comparison to natural talent.

“So, what do you think? I succeeded, didn’t I? I told you I’m not lying!” Abigail boasted.

“I have to admit you do have remarkable talent. It takes ordinary individuals a year to reach the same level, but you managed it in just one day. You are truly a rare martial arts prodigy,” Dustin praised with a smile.

“Hahaha… I knew it!” Abigail laughed triumphantly. “Even though I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. I’ve never lost a fight.”

“Hmm. Are you saying you’re stupid?” Dustin asked.

“Pffft! No way! You’re the stupid one!” Abigail retorted. She narrowed her eyes and said, “I mean, I may not be good at studying, but I’m excellent at fighting. There’s a saying, how does it go? Everyone is born to succeed!”

“Girl, honestly, with your martial arts talent, you’ll be in high demand wherever you go. All the major sects will compete to recruit you. So, from now on, you need to think about where you want to develop yourself,” Dustin suddenly said.

“Well, I don’t really know yet.”

Abigail scratched her head and said, “Forget it. Let’s not worry about that for now. Since I’m just starting out you can teach me first. Consider it a favor to you.”

“A favor to me? That sounds odd.” Dustin raised an eyebrow.

“Think about it. I’m a martial arts prodigy. When I become famous and renowned, won’t you benefit too?” Abigail raised her chin.

“I guess I’ll have to wait for that.” Dustin shook his head.

“Hey! Are you underestimating me? You just said it yourself. I’m a prodigy. One day of practice for me is equivalent to one year for others. As long as I casually train, I’ll soon dominate the martial arts world!” Abigail was quite proud.

“It’s not that simple. Even if you have great talent, you still need to hone your skills.” Dustin chuckled.

“Hmph! That’s just how you mortals see it. You don’t understand the world of geniuses.” Abigail shook her head and asked proudly. “By the way, how long did it take you to achieve the basic level of internal energy? One year or two years?”

Dustin didn’t say anything but instead raised three fingers.

“No way? It actually took you three years?” Surprised, Abigail said, “Gosh, you’re really behind. I finished it in only one night, and you spent that much time?”

“Don’t judge others based on your own limited perspective.” Dustin said unkindly. “It took me three minutes to achieve the basic level of internal energy.”

Chapter 425

“What? Three minutes?” Upon hearing that, Abigail was dumbfounded.

Didn’t he say it took ordinary martial artists a year or more to achieve the basic level? Even she, a once–in–a- century genius, took a day to cultivate her internal energy. To achieve it in a day was already worthy of being called a prodigy. Yet Dustin achieved it in three minutes? What should she call him A monster? A freak?

At this moment, she felt deeply shocked. Her earlier bit of pride evaporated into thin air.

“Are you… kidding me?” Abigail couldn’t accept it..

“Why would I lie to you? I gain nothing from it.” Dustin shrugged and said calmly. “Besides, it’s just talent. It doesn’t represent strength. This world is never lacking in geniuses. The path of martial arts is arduous and long. To become a true powerhouse, both talent and effort are indispensable.”

“I understand! I’ll work hard and catch up to you soon! Abigail clenched her fist. Then she decisively ran upstairs and began her intense training.

Dustin laughed. He saw a familiar figure in Abigail.

Abigail was exactly like that girl from the Spanner family ten years ago.

At that moment, knocks rang out from the door. Dustin opened the door and found Ruth standing outside.

“Ruth, how is your sister? Does she want to see me?” Dustin’s eyes lit up.

Ruth remained silent. She lowered her head and glanced behind her with a hesitant expression. Only then did Dustin notice two people standing in the courtyard behind her. It was a man and a woman.

With a tall and imposing figure, the man seemed to be in his forties and fifties. He exuded a compelling aura from head to toe.

Dustin felt somewhat intimidated.

As for the woman, she had taken great care of her appearance. She had fair and tender skin, a well- proportioned figure, delicate features, and a lingering charm.

She was none other than Ruth’s mother, Jessica!

“So, you’re Dustin?” the man spoke first. His tone was calm and emotionless but carried a tinge of domination.

“Yes, that’s me.” Dustin nodded.

“I am Hector, Natasha’s father.” The man got straight to the point.

“Oh, Mr. Harmon. Please come inside.” Dustin smiled faintly and Immediately extended his hand in a welcoming gesture. From the moment he saw Jessica, he had guessed the identity of the visitors.

“There’s no need for that. I came here today to have a few words with you,” Hector said calmly. “Natasha is already engaged to someone, and by the end of this month, she will be married. So I hope you won’t meet my daughter anymore.”

“Married?” Dustin frowned. “Why didn’t she tell me?”

“What difference would it make if she told you? This decision was made by two prominent families, and no one can change that.” Hector continued expressionlessly. “Young man, I don’t know if you truly love my daughter or are attracted to her family background. It doesn’t matter. In any case, the bottom line is to stay away from my daughter.”

As he spoke, he made a gesture. Soon, several bodyguards entered the courtyard, carrying two large boxes. When the boxes were opened, they revealed stacks of gold inside!

“Young man, this gold is a gift from me. Take it and leave the capital. From now on, don’t appear before my daughter,” Hector said.