An Understated Dominance: By Marina Vittori​

Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys have been married for three years. After Dahlia achieves rapid success, she decides to end her marriage with Dustin, viewing him as a burden. Little does she know that all her accomplishments were actually thanks to him.

CHAPTER 1
My wife is a CEO, she always hates me for being lazy and wants to divorce me. But she doesn't know that her success is bestowed by me.

“Dustin, here is the divorce agreement prepared by Ms. Nicholson. All you need to do is sign them.”

In the president’s office of the Quine Group, the secretary, Lyra Blaine, placed a piece of A4 paper on the table. A man sat opposite her, dressed in plain clothing.

“Divorce? What do you mean?”

Dustin Rhys was taken aback.

“Do you not understand what I’m saying? Your marriage with Ms. Nicholson is over. You’re not even on the same level anymore. Your existence is nothing but a smear on the president’s reputation!”

Lyra pulled no punches as she spoke.

“A smear on her reputation?” Dustin frowned. “Is that how she thinks of me?”

Back when they first got married, the Nicholson family was in ruinous debt. He was the one who helped them when they were at their lowest point. Now that they were rich, Dahlia Nicholson was ready to just kick him out.

“Something like that.” Lyra poked her chin toward the magazine on the table. A photo of a beautiful woman was printed on the front page. “Look at the headline on this magazine, Dustin. Ms. Nicholson’s net worth has hit one billion in the course of just three years, a feat no short of a miracle. She’s now the most desired woman in Swinton! With all this, she’s destined for greatness. But you, you’re just a regular joe. You don’t deserve her at all. I hope that you’ll see some sense and do the right thing.”

When Dustin remained silent, Lyra frowned.

“I know you’re not happy with this, but this is reality,” she continued. “You might have helped Ms. Nicholson when she was in trouble, but she has repaid you for everything you’ve done for her over the last three years. In fact, you’re the one who owes her now!”

“Is our marriage just a business deal to her, then?” Dustin took a deep breath to suppress the emotions within. “If she wants to divorce me, let her speak to me herself.”

“Ms. Nicholson is very busy. She doesn’t need to trouble herself with such trifling matters.”

“Trifling matters?” Dustin was stunned. Then he laughed bitterly. “Is that so? Is divorce a trifling matter to her? She can’t even find the time to speak to me. Truly, she’s that unattainable now!”

“Dustin, don’t delay this any longer.” Lyra pushed the divorce agreement toward him again. “Just sign here and you’ll get a car and a house as compensation. On top of that, you’ll also get eight million dollars. This is more than what you’ll be able to earn in your lifetime!”

“Eight million dollars is a lot, but…I don’t need it. I will sign the divorce papers if she comes personally. Otherwise, I won’t sign anything,” Duston said coldly.

“Don’t go too far, Dustin!” Lyra slammed her hand on the table. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With all her power and resources, Ms. Nicholson can divorce you easily. It’s only because she appreciates her past relationship with you that she’s allowing you to keep your dignity intact. Don’t provoke her!”

“My dignity?” Dustin was a little amused by that. She didn’t even want to speak to him directly to divorce him. What kind of dignity was that? Moreover, if she really did appreciate their relationship, then why was she threatening him now?

“I don’t think we have anything else to talk about, then.”

Unwilling to argue, Dustin stood up and made to leave.

“Dustin Rhys! You—”

Just as Lyra was about to lose her cool, a curvy woman in a long black dress walked in. Her skin was as white as snow, and her features were delicate. Her lofty aura and curvaceous figure made her look like a goddess right out of a painting.

“You’re finally here.”

Dustin felt complicated emotions when he saw the beautiful woman. They had been married for three years, during which they treated each other with care and respect. But this was how it ended. He still didn’t know what he had done wrong.

“I’m sorry for being late, I was caught up with something else.”

Dahlia Nicholson sat down. Her expression was as impassive as ever.

“You certainly are busy, if you need your secretary to help you deal with your divorce,” Dustin said.

Hearing this, Dahlia frowned slightly. However, she did not explain herself. Instead, she said, “Since you’re here, let’s get straight to the point. Let’s end this on a pleasant note. I’m sorry I have to do this to you, so you can have the car and the house, plus eight million dollars as alimony. How does that sound?”

At that, she placed a card on the table.

“Do you really think our relationship can be measured by money?” Dustin asked.

“Too little? That’s alright. Let me know what you want. I’ll give you anything within my power,” Dahlia said placidly.

“I don’t think you understood me. Let me rephrase my question. Are money and power that important to you?” Dustin was truly bewildered.

Dahlia went over to the windows and looked out over the city. There was determination in her eyes when she said, “To me, yes, they’re very important.”

“You’ve earned enough to feed yourself for the rest of your life. Why do this?”

“Dustin, that’s where you and I diverge in philosophy. You’ll never understand what I really want.” Dahlia shook her head in disappointment.

They weren’t just incompatible in status and power; they were also incompatible in their principles. Most importantly, she did not see any hope for the future in him.

“You’re right. How would I know what you’re thinking?” Dustin laughed bitterly. “All I know is to cook for you when you’re hungry, prepare your coat when it’s cold out, and carry you to the hospital when you’re sick.”

“There’s no point in going into this now.” Dahlia’s expression held complicated emotions, but it was soon covered up by determination.

“You’re right.” Dustin nodded without any emotion. “I heard that you’ve been close with the heir of the Nolan family. Is it because of him?”

Dahlia was about to deny it when she gave it a second thought. In the end, she nodded.

“You can say that.”

“Okay. I hope you’re happy with him.” Dustin smiled and signed the divorce agreement without any more hesitation. All he felt now was disappointment. Ironically, today was also their wedding anniversary. There was cruel humor in divorcing him on the day they had gotten married.

“I don’t want the money, I just want that crystal necklace back. My mother left it to me before she died so that I can give it to my wife.”

“Okay.”

Dahlia nodded and gave him the crystal necklace.

“From today onward, we will have nothing to do with each other!”

Dustin put on the necklace and left. He had no more gentleness in his expression; all that was left was distant aloofness.

“Did I do the right thing, Lyra?” Dahlia asked hesitantly.

Even though she was the one who asked for the divorce, she didn’t feel happy at all when it was finalized.

“Of course you did!” Lyra nodded. “You have the right to pursue happiness. Dustin does not deserve you at all. He’ll only bring you down with him. You’re destined to be the most powerful woman in Swinton!”

Dahlia did not answer her. As she watched Dustin leave, she felt as if she was losing something precious.

Chapter 426

“The gold is indeed tempting, but I don’t like it. So I can’t accept the conditions you just mentioned.” Dustin shook his head.

“If you don’t like gold, then name your price.” Hector raised his chin.

“Mr. Harmon, forgive me for speaking frankly, but Natasha should decide her marriage herself. As her parent, you shouldn’t forcefully interfere with such matters,” Dustin said.

“What?” Hector frowned. “Are you teaching me how to do things?”

“I’m just speaking the truth.” Dustin remained composed. “As parents, shouldn’t you want your children’s marriages to be happy?”

“Hmph! What do you even know?”

At this moment, Jessica couldn’t hold back any longer. “Do you know who Natasha’s fiancé is? He is Tyler Grant, a natural–born genius and the future rising star of the Dragonmarsh! Only by marrying him can Natasha have a good future!”

“That should be up to Natasha to decide. If she doesn’t want to marry him, you can’t force her.” Dustin argued reasonably.

“Are you implying a challenge to the authority of the Harmon family?” Hector’s expression turned grim.

“Mr. Harmon, I don’t want to be enemies with the Harmon family, but I’m willing to take this risk for Natasha’s sake. I’ll repeat myself. As long as she doesn’t want to marry, no one can force her!” Dustin’s tone became assertive.

“Hmph! What an arrogant youngster!“Hector’s eyes turned cold. “I’ve tried to speak nicely to you for Natasha’s sake, but if you insist on being stubborn, don’t blame me for turning my back on you!”

“Dustin! Don’t provoke my father. It’ll bring you no good.“Ruth desperately tried to hint at Dustin.

Her father was the head of the Harmon family. He wielded great power and was known for his resolute decisions. Although Dustin had some ability, he was clearly far from being able to contend with the Harmon family.

“Mr. Harmon, you’re the one being stubborn, not me.” Dustin remained undaunted.

“Fine! Very well!” Upon hearing that, Hector smirked. “Young man, you surely are fearless! I’ll give you three days. If you’re willing to leave Millsburg within three days, I won’t hold it against you. But if you persist in going your way, you’ll have to bear the consequences!”

After saying that, he turned and left.

“Wait!“Dustin suddenly called out.

“What? Did you change your mind?” Hector turned back, his eyes filled with disdain.

If Dustin were to resist to the end, Hector would hold some respect for him. At least Dustin was a persistent person. However, he would look down on Dustin even more If he gave In Just like that.

“Mr. Harmon, it seems your health is in a bad condition. You probably won’t last three days.‘ Dustin dropped a bombshell.

“What are you talking about?” Hector furrowed his brow.

“You have a dark complexion, yellowing pupils, and the breath you exhale carries a hint of a foul odor. If I’m not mistaken, you’ve been poisoned with voodoo!” Dustin said.

“Nonsense!” Hector snorted. “Do you think you can scare me just like that? You’re underestimating me!”

“Mr. Harmon, I’m sincerely warning you. The voodoo you’ve been afflicted with is not ordinary. It will inevitably flare up within three days, and by then, you might lose your life!” Dustin sounded solemn.

“Stop bullshitting!” Hector couldn’t bother to argue with him. He directly turned away and left.

He could eat and drink normally and could even run and jump. He didn’t feel any signs of poisoning. Moreover, his meals were strictly monitored by trusted individuals. It was simply impossible for anyone to poison him!

As Hector and the others got into their car, Dustin made no attempt to stop them. Instead, he turned to Ruth and asked, “Is your sister being held captive? Where is she now? Can I meet her?”

“L” Ruth opened her mouth, but Jessica’s voice rang out before she could explain. “Ruth! What are you waiting for? Let’s go home!”

“Coming!” Ruth responded and hurriedly said, “Dustin, my sister is temporarily safe. She will find a way to contact you. Also, be careful!”

After saying that, she quickly left.

Chapter 427

“Natasha is engaged to Tyler Grant?”

As Dustin watched the departing vehicle, he couldn’t help but narrow his eyes. Clearly, this was a strategic alliance between two prominent families, and Natasha was the sacrificial pawn in this alliance. Born into a prestigious family, she enjoyed wealth and luxury but lost her freedom. At certain moments, she even had to make sacrifices for the sake of their family’s interests.

Of course, Dustin would never allow such a thing to happen. With that in mind, he took out his phone and dialed a particular number.

“Hello, Nelson. Help me investigate someone.”

“No problem. May I ask who you want me to investigate, Sir Rhys?” Nelson asked.

“Tyler Grant.”

“Tyler Grant?” Nelson raised his voice upon hearing Dustin’s words. “Sir Rhys, why do you want to investigate him?”

“Of course, to deal with him. Do you think I’m inviting him out for a meal?” Dustin replied impatiently.

“What?” Nelson froze in place, his voice trembling. “Sir Rhys, please don’t scare me like that. I’m easily frightened. I can’t handle this!”

“What’s the matter? Is Tyler that formidable?” Dustin asked in response.

“He’s way more than that. Sir Rhys, this person is like the living King of Hell. We can’t afford to provoke him! He can easily wipe out the Flame Dragon Gang if we offend him!” Nelson sounded like he was tearing up.

What kind of person was he working for? His first task as the new gang leader was to deal with Tyler. Weren’t they seeking their own death?

Known as a once–in–a–century genius, Tyler was the future head of the Grant family. Despite being only in his thirties, he had fought on many battlefields and achieved various victories. He earned the title of General Tiger with a third–ranking official position.

Not only was he tremendously powerful and exceptionally talented, but he also commanded an army of tens of thousands.

Anyone who provoked such a formidable individual would be doomed!

“Why are you panicking? I didn’t ask you to assassinate him. I only want you to gather information about him,” Dustin said calmly.

“Sir Rhys, if you have any ill intentions, it’s best to forget about them. It would be wiser to jump off a building than to provoke Tyler, Nelson said, his voice filled with fear.

“Stop the nonsense! Just do as I say!” Dustin shouted.

“Yes, yes… I’ll do it immediately.“Nelson didn’t dare to say more and quickly complied. However, deep inside he silently prayed that Dustin wouldn’t act recklessly. Or else the Flame Dragon Gang would suffer the consequences.

Meanwhile, in the Hill family’s house, an elderly man with a white beard and eyebrows lay on the bed. His face was pale, and his body was weak. Bloody phlegm filled the copper basin under the bed.

A group of Hill family descendants gathered anxiously around the bed..

Paul Hill, the patriarch of the Hill family, had four sons named Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Besides that, he had dozens of grandchildren. He had a big family.

“Spring! Wasn’t Father doing well yesterday? How did his internal injuries relapse?” Autumn paced back and forth, his expression filled with anxiety. Among the four brothers, he was known for his impatience.

“Autumn, you know about Father’s chronic ailment. None of the doctors could cure it.”

Spring shook his head and sighed. “If he had watched out more usually, it wouldn’t have been a big problem. But he almost went astray to push his cultivation to the limit this time. He was too impulsive!”

“Gosh…” Autumn grumbled, “Why is he pushing himself so hard at his age?”

“Enough talk. Let’s go to Stoneray Valley and bring Dr. Linden here to treat Father,” Summer suddenly said.

“Dr. Linden is currently in seclusion and cannot come, but I have already called Mr. Turner to come. There shouldn’t be any problems with him here.” Spring replied.

“Then quickly call and urge them! Why haven’t they arrived yet?” Autumn was becoming increasingly anxious.

“Oh no! Grandfather is coughing up blood again!”

At that moment, a muscular young man exclaimed in shock.

He was Autumn’s son, Torben Hill. He had tan skin and a robust figure.

“What should we do? He keeps coughing up blood. Is there something wrong with Father?” Autumn was shocked,

Chapter 428

“Stop talking nonsense!” Autumn glared at him.

“Uncle, I have a healing pill here. Shall we let Grandfather try it?” Patrick suddenly stepped forward from the crowd, holding a Gemiphen. He wouldn’t take such a risk if his grandfather’s condition weren’t critical.

“A healing pill?” Torben furrowed his brow. “This thing looks suspicious. Where did you get it from?”

“A friend gave it to me,” Patrick answered truthfully.

“Hah! Your friends? They’re a bunch of useless people.” Torben sneered. “Take that pill away quickly, and stop embarrassing yourself here.”

“Grandfather’s condition is not looking good right now. I want to give it a try. What if it actually works?” Patrick Insisted.

“I said it’s not going to work! Take it away!” Torben slapped the Gemiphen out of Patrick’s hand.

“You-” Patrick frowned.

“What? You got a problem? Should we settle it with a fight?” Torben clenched his fist, displaying his robust muscles. Patrick was known to be a weakling in their family. Torben could easily knock him out with a single punch.

“I can’t be bothered to talk to you!” Patrick took a deep breath and finally held himself back. As he was about to pick up the Gemiphen from the ground, a foot suddenly appeared and crushed the pill.

“What are you doing?” Patrick’s face darkened.

“Hmph! What’s the use of keeping such a worthless pill? What if it upsets grandfather’s stomach?” Torben said arrogantly. While saying that, he stepped on the pill even harder, grinding it into powder.

“Torben! You’ve gone too far!” Patrick clenched his fists.

“Disrespectful brat! How dare you talk to your older cousin like that?” Spring glared at Patrick and immediately began protecting Torben.

“Uncle, he was the one being unreasonable!” Patrick furrowed his brow.

“Nonsense! My son is just concerned about his grandfather’s safety. Who knows if that pill of yours is poisonous?” Autumn spoke arrogantly.

“That’s right! What if you’re trying to harm grandfather?” Torben said haughtily. With his father backing him up they could easily bully Patrick.

“That’s enough! Father is sick, and you’re still bickering here and there. What do you think you’re doing? Spring spoke sternly. Instantly, the guys shut up.

As the eldest brother, he still carried some authority.

“They’re here! Mr. Turner from Stoneray Valley has arrived!”

Suddenly, a voice rang out from the entrance. Soon after, a thin man in a black robe slowly walked in with a medicine box.

“Mr. Turner, you’ve come just in time. Please hurry up and take a look at my father!” Spring quickly led the man to the bedside.

“Everyone, please remain calm. Allow me to examine him first.” Nicholas sat down slowly and began feeling Paul’s pulse. After a while, his eyebrows furrowed. “Everyone, the patriarch’s situation is grim. The internal injuries have accumulated too long and suddenly erupted with great force. His meridians are shattered, and his vital energy is in disorder. With my abilities, I’m afraid I can’t do much to help.”

“What?” Spring panicked. “Mr. Turner, you’re an elder of Stoneray Valley. If even you can’t treat him, who else can?”

“Unless my master comes out of seclusion. Otherwise…” Mr. Turner shook his head.

“My father would have passed away by the time he comes out of seclusion!” Autumn frowned.

“Wait!” Suddenly, Nicholas sniffed and said, “What a fragrant medicinal scent. Do you have any miraculous panacea here?”

“What do you mean by panacea? We would have let Grandfather take them if we had any.” Torben replied rudely.

However, Nicholas ignored him. Like a hunting dog, he kept sniffing and tried to search for the smell Soon, he fixated his gaze on the crushed Gemiphen, and his face fell immediately.

“What… Who did this? Such a waste! Such a terrible waste!”

Chapter 429

Looking at the crushed Gemiphen, Nicholas was heartbroken and furious. He didn’t care about his Image anymore and immediately threw himself to the ground, collecting the powder bit by bit.

It left everyone dumbfounded. Was it necessary to make such a fuss over a broken pill?

“Mr. Turner, what’s going on?” Spring was perplexed. People from Stoneray Valley were usually proud and arrogant. They had never lost their composure like that.

“What’s going on? How dare you ask me such a question?” Nicholas angrily retorted, “How can you destroy a panacea? This is a very rare pill. Such a waste! Who is the idiot who did this?!”

“Mr. Turner, are you mistaken? How could this black broken thing be a panacea? Torben looked skeptical.

“You’re such a fool!” Nicholas stared at him like he was an idiot. “What you call a broken thing is the Golden Crow Pill, a holy medicine for healing! It specializes in treating various internal injuries and chronic ailments. Your grandfather’s life could have been saved!”

“What?”

Everyone’s faces changed upon hearing that. Although they didn’t know what Gemephin was. The fact that it could treat their father’s internal injuries and that Nicholas held it in such high regard indicated that it was no ordinary item.

“You wastrels! You bunch of wastrels! To think that such a miraculous healing tablet was treated like garbage by all of you. How foolish!” Feeling his heart aching. Nicholas pounded his chest and stomped his feet.

As an elder of Stoneray Valley, he held precious tablets in higher regard than anything else. His heart was bleeding to see the Gemiphen get destroyed.

“Torben! Look at the mess you’ve caused! You destroyed a medicine that could save Grandfather. How will you explain yourself to everyone?” Patrick shouted sternly.

“I… I didn’t know this thing could save a life.” Torben stammered, feeling guilty. “Besides, this wouldn’t have happened if you had explained it clearly earlier.”

“You make a mistake, and now you’re trying to blame me?” Patrick’s face turned cold.

“Enough, enough! It’s just a pill. If it’s destroyed, then it’s destroyed. Just get another one. Why make such a fuss?” Autumn continued to defend Torben.

“Uncle, do you think this is a common cabbage? Do you think we can just conjure another one out of thin air? It was a gift from my friend. Who knows if there’s another one?” Patrick frowned. Not only did Torben make a
mistake, but he also remained stubborn. It was truly unreasonable.

“Patrick, let’s not dwell on this for now. Saving Grandfather is the priority. Contact your friend immediately and have them deliver the Gemiphen as soon as possible!” Spring urged.

“Alright, I’ll try to ask. Knowing how urgent the situation was, Patrick didn’t hesitate and immediately dialed

Dustin’s number. He briefly explained the situation to Dustin.

Dustin didn’t refuse him. After asking for the address, he rushed over. Within half an hour, he arrived at the Hill family’s residence.

“Dustin, you’re finally here! Come on in!“Patrick had been waiting for him and immediately led him inside when he saw Dustin exiting the car. Before long, they reached Paul’s room.

“Hey! Is this your friend? Can he be trusted?” As soon as they entered, Torben blocked their way. He sized Dustin up and down, full of doubt.

He looked like a young boy. Could someone like him really treat illnesses?

“Don’t worry. He’s definitely more reliable than you!” Patrick said coldly.

“According to the rules, we need to frisk you before entering. Raise your hands and stand against the wall,” Torben ordered.

“Frisk me?” Dustin frowned and said in a displeased tone. “You invited me here to treat your grandfather, yet you treat me like a criminal. Is that appropriate?”

“These are our rules. Strangers must be thoroughly searched. Who knows if you’re carrying weapons?” Torben said condescendingly.

“Torben! Don’t go too far!”

Chapter 430

Patrick’s face darkened. “Dustin is my friend. I can vouch for him. If there’s any problem, I’ll take full responsibility!”

“Hey! What are you all dawdling for? Come in quickly!” Seeing the group standing at the doorway, Spring urged them from inside the room.

“Hmph! Kid, you better not play any tricks. I’ll be watching you closely!” Torben warned before stepping aside.

“Dustin, don’t bother with him. Please come in.” Patrick said, not wanting to waste any more time. He quickly led Dustin to the bedside.

“Young guy. I heard you have the Gemiphen?” Nicholas spoke first. His eager demeanor was like that of a person who had starved for three days and finally saw a delicious feast.

“I do have it, but not many. They were all passed down through my ancestors,” Dustin replied. He could tell from the emblem on their clothes that they were from the Stoneray Valley. To avoid trouble, he could only give such an answer.

“So it’s an ancestral elixir? Young guy, how many pills do you have left? I’m willing to buy them at a high price! Nicholas urgently asked.

“I had two pills before, but one got destroyed. Now I only have the last one.” Dustin replied.

“What? Only one pill left?” Nicholas frowned, looking regretful. He wanted to buy a few pills from Dustin and study them after returning to Stoneray Valley. What a pity.

“Mr. Turner, let’s cut the small talk. Since this guy still has one Gemiphen, let’s save the patient first.” Spring urged from the side.

“Yes, yes. Please proceed,” Nicholas replied, maintaining a relatively polite attitude.

“Hey! Don’t blame me for not warning you. You better be able to cure my grandfather’s internal injuries. Otherwise, you will be doomed!” Torben suddenly interjected coldly.

About to start the treatment, Dustin suddenly stopped and said indifferently, “I’m a timid person and can’t handle such intimidation. If you’re going to say that, then I won’t treat him. You’d better find someone else.”

With that, he turned around and was about to leave.

“No, no, no… Young man, please don’t listen to his nonsense.” Spring panicked and quickly grabbed him. At the same time, he shouted at Torben, “You brat! Shut up if you don’t have anything nice to say!”

Torben felt somewhat displeased but didn’t say anything more.

“Dustin, this guy has a loose tongue. Please don’t stoop to his level, Patrick quickly reassured.

“Alright, if you want my Gemiphen, it’ll cost you, but you’ll have to pay extra,” Dustin said calmly.

“No problem. How much?” Spring asked eagerly.

Dustin didn’t answer directly. Instead, he held up one linger.

“One million dollars?” Torben furrowed his brow. “Kid! Don’t you think you’re being too greedy? How dare you ask for one million dollars for such a worthless thing?”

“Who said I want one million? I want 100 million!” Dustin said, astonishing everyone with his statement.

“What?

“What? 100 million dollars?”

Torben was dumbfounded. “Are you out of your mind? Why don’t you just go and rob someone? What makes this dark thing worth so much money?!”

“Now, I’ve changed my mind. 200 million dollars.” Dustin extended two fingers casually, as if he was discussing an everyday matter.

“200 million? Are you intentionally messing with us?” Torben was so furious that he was on the verge of hitting someone.

“300 million,” Dustin couldn’t be bothered to argue with them. He extended three fingers. The more Torben. shouted, the higher the price Dustin demanded. That was the cost of being rude.

“You…!”

Before Torben could say anything. Spring’s face turned pale, and he slapped Torben across the face, shouting. “You beast! Shut your damn mouth!”

Chapter 431

“What?”

Torben was stunned. Holding his face, he felt confused. Shouldn’t they be reprimanding Dustin at this moment? Why did his uncle slap him instead?

“You useless fool! Get the hell out if you can’t speak properly!” Spring’s face was stern. He was clearly angry.

It was supposed to be a situation where they didn’t have to spend any money, but this idiot had managed to raise the price of a pill to 300 million. Dustin would probably ask for even more if they let him continue.

Why punish him instead of this damned guy?

“Spring, you’ve gone too far.” Autumn frowned. Of course, he wasn’t happy about his son getting slapped.

“You shut up too!” Spring turned around and glowered. “Father’s life is hanging by a thread, and we urgently need the medicine to save him. Yet you people are still here arguing. If something happens to Father, can you afford the responsibility?”

Hearing that, the father and son exchanged glances and dared not say another word.

The Hill family was known for its martial prowess, and their patriarch, Paul, was a master of Balerno martial arts three years ago. Although he had retired now, he still commanded great respect and status in the martial world. Even the current leader would show deference to him.

The Hill family stood strong and was known as one of the top three families because of Paul’s towering presence. If the patriarch were to pass away, the entire Hill family would suffer a devastating blow.

“Young man, I apologize sincerely. I have failed to teach my people manners. Please don’t take it to heart. As long as you can save my father’s life, 300 million dollars is not a problem.” Spring agreed without hesitation.

“I’m glad you picked the right choice.” Dustin smiled faintly. “The Hill family has great wealth and influence- 300 million is nothing to you.”

Torben narrowed his eyes as a hint of killing intent flashed across them. Yet he controlled himself.

“Young man, please proceed.” Spring forced a smile.

“Alright.” Dustin didn’t say much. He took out a Gemiphen and stuffed it into Paul’s mouth. Then he lifted the old man’s clothes, took out a silver needle, and pierced three key acupoints: The posterior neck Acupoint, lower chest acupoint, and stomach acupoint. Then, he flicked his finger.

“Buzz…”

The three silver needles rapidly spun, and waves of true energy flowed into Paul’s body through the needles.

“What amazing acupuncture skills!” Witnessing this scene, Nicholas was greatly astonished. Although he specialized in alchemy, he also had considerable medical knowledge. With his discerning eyes, he could tell that Dustin’s acupuncture technique was extraordinary. Although his skills might not surpass Dr. Jeremy. Dustin was almost as good as him.

To possess such exquisite acupuncture skills at such a young age… Who exactly was this young man?

After administering the needles, Dustin helped Paul up and delivered a strong palm strike to his back. A surge of true energy erupted in Paul’s body.

Paul tilted his head back and spewed out a mouthful of dark blood. Then his head slumped, and once again he lost consciousness.

“Alright, the patient is out of danger now. However, the internal injuries have accumulated for a long time. So it will take some time for a complete recovery. After I return, I will prepare some medicine for the patient. Drinking two cups every day for about ten days should lead to a full recovery.”

Chapter 432

“Oh, by the way, don’t remove the silver needles from the patient’s body for another three hours. That’s all. Now, you can pay up.”

After a series of instructions, Dustin directly asked for payment. He had come to treat Paul as a favor to Patrick, but he still expected to be compensated for his services. He didn’t want to make the trip for nothing.

“The matter of payment is not an issue, but we need to confirm my father’s condition first.” Spring signaled to Nicholas with his eyes.

Nicholas quickly approached and checked Paul’s pulse. Instantly, his eyes widened,

“How is he? Is there something wrong with my father?” Everyone felt anxious upon seeing this.

“No, no, no Mr. Hill’s pulse is very calm, and most of the stagnant blood in his body has been removed. The broken meridians were also remarkably repaired. It’s truly amazing!” Nicholas exclaimed with delight.

The combined effects of the Gemiphen and the miraculous acupuncture technique produced such astonishing results.

“Damn it! You scared me! Can’t you just finish your sentence?” Torben grumbled angrily. If anything happened to his grandfather, he would have an excuse to execute Dustin on the spot and hold Patrick accountable.

“The experts from Stoneray Valley have confirmed it. Now, can you rest assured?” Dustin replied calmly.

“It’s all thanks to you, young man. We are extremely grateful!” Spring expressed his gratitude.

“You’re welcome. You pay me to treat your father anyway.” Dustin replied in response.

“Please go to the living room and have a cup of tea to get some rest.‘ Spring smiled. Then he turned around and said, “Autumn, go and withdraw the money for this young man here.”

“Yes.”

Autumn gave Dustin a deep look before turning to leave.

Meanwhile, Dustin followed the servant to the living room.

The Hill’s residence covered a vast area, enveloping a whole mountain. Tall walls surrounded the premises, and numerous villas dotted the landscape. A dozen guards patrolled around the clock. Their security was very strict. It would be nearly impossible for ordinary people to enter.

Ten minutes later, Autumn and Torben entered the living room with a check in hand.

“Young man, this is your reward.”

Dustin picked up the check and frowned. “Did you make a mistake? I asked for 300 million, not three million.”

“Of course not.” Torben answered arrogantly, “Even the experts of Stoneray Valley only charged us three million. You’re just an unknown doctor from god knows where. You should be grateful that we’re willing to pay you this much.”

“I don’t care about others, but since we agreed on 300 million, it must be 300 million, not a penny less,” Dustin said coldly.

“You little brat! Don’t push your luck!” Torben glared. “Three million is more than enough for someone like you to live a lavish life for years. If you have any sense, take the check, and get the hell out of here!”

“Are you planning to go against your word?” Dustin narrowed his eyes.

“So what if we are?” Torben sneered. “Open your eyes wide and see where you are!”

Torben thought to himself. “Do you think a nobody like you can take away 300 million dollars just like that?”

“I never expected the prestigious Hill family to be a bunch of untrustworthy people. It’s truly disappointing.”

“Shut the hell up!” Torben grabbed Dustin’s collar and threatened, “Kid, I’ll give you two options now: either take the three million and get lost, or I’ll break your legs and throw you out!”

“Three million… It’s barely enough to buy your coffin.” Picking up the check, Dustin threw it directly at Torben’s face.

Chapter 433

The check lightly landed on Torben’s face with a loud smack. It didn’t hurt him, but he felt utterly humiliated.

“You’re asking for death!” Torben instantly became furious and raised his fist to strike Dustin.

Yet before he could reach Dustin, he got kicked away and fell to the ground. He ended up in a pitiful state and coughed nonstop.

“I will kill you for sure!” Torben’s eyes widened in rage. He forcefully tore off his clothes, revealing his muscular body covered in body hair. Then, like a raging bull, he fiercely charged toward Dustin.

“Get lost!” Dustin raised his hand and slapped Torben, sending him flying.

Torben let out a miserable scream and crashed to the ground, struggling to get up.

“How dare you hit my son?” Autumn’s face turned dark as he witnessed the scene. “Guards! Take this guy down!”

With his command, a group of guards dressed in sturdy clothing quickly swarmed in and surrounded Dustin.

“You brat! How dare you act recklessly in the Hill family? You must be tired of living! I wanted to give you three million, but now, you won’t get a single penny! Not only that but your legs will be broken as a deterrent!” Autumn shouted.

“Attack!” He waved his hand, and the guards raised their weapons, preparing to strike.

“Stop!”

At that moment, Patrick rushed in urgently. “Uncle, what are you doing? Dustin is a benefactor of the Hill family. Aren’t you afraid of Grandfather’s rage if you act like this?”

“Mind your business! Get out of here, or I’ll beat you too!” Autumn remained obstinate.

“If you have any complaints, come at me, but I won’t let you lay a hand on Dustin!” Patrick spoke in a stern voice.

“You insolent brat! Today, I will teach you a lesson on behalf of your father!” Autumn grew furious.

Just as he was about to make a move, a servant rushed in, panic–stricken, and shouted, “Mr. Autumn! Something’s wrong! Mr. Hill has gone mad!”

“What? Gone mad?” Autumn was shocked. Not daring to linger, he hastily led the guards and left.

“You, brat, just you wait!” Leaving behind a harsh threat, Torben rushed out too.

Paul was the pillar of the family, and they could not afford any mishap.

“What happened?”

Patrick frowned. “Dustin, didn’t you say that my grandfather was line?”

“Your grandfather is indeed not in any life–threatening danger, but I didn’t expect him to go mad like this,” Dustin said, deep in thought. He had examined Paul’s pulse earlier, and as long as he didn’t forcefully cultivate
his energy, there shouldn’t have been any issues.

"Dustin, can you come with me to check on my grandfather?” Patrick proposed.

“Let’s go. I also want to see what’s going on.” Without saying much, Dustin followed Patrick out of the living room.

At this moment, the entire Hill residence was in chaos. Several armed guards rushed in various directions, heading towards the garden.

When Dustin and Patrick arrived at the garden and saw the scene, they couldn’t help but be astonished. The once grand garden was now in complete disarray. An elderly with white eyebrows and a white beard was rampaging through the garden in his pajamas.

Like a bulldozer, he destroyed the trees and flowers wherever he went.

The man was none other than Paul.

“Kill! Attack!” Paul’s eyes were bloodshot, his expression ferocious and mad. He would even roar like a beast. Anyone who approached was sent flying by him. They didn’t even have the chance to put up a fight.

Paul was once a master of Balerno martial arts. Although he was old now, he was still formidable. Especially after losing control, he couldn’t recognize anyone and kept wanting to kill others. Anyone who approached him would be in trouble.

“Quick! Stop Mr. Hill!” Spring shouted hoarsely.

The guards approached in groups, holding shields. However, as soon as they got close, they were sent flying by Paul’s strong palm.

Chapter 434

Paul’s rampage left the guards severely injured. They coughed up blood and screamed in agony, yet couldn’t stop him.

“Oh no! Grandfather has gone mad!” Torben exclaimed in shock. His gaze suddenly fell on Dustin, and he shouted, “Uncle! It’s all that kid’s doing! He caused Grandfather to go berserk. Quickly, capture him!”

“That’s right! I’ve long seen through this kid’s malicious intentions. He deliberately poisoned Father and caused Father to end up like this. He must be punished severely!” Autumn echoed.

“Don’t accuse Dustin without evidence! I don’t believe he would do such a thing!” Patrick shouted.

“Hmm…” Frowning. Spring quickly approached Dustin and asked, “Young man, what’s happening? Didn’t you say my father was fine? Why did he lose control?”

“Somebody tampered with my needles.” Dustin carefully observed and quickly noticed something wrong.

“Tampered with your needles? What do you mean?” Spring was puzzled.

“I inserted three silver needles in the posterior neck, lower chest, and stomach acupoints to stabilize internal injuries. However, the needle in the lower chest acupoint is missing.” Dustin explained.

“Hmm… He’s right!” Spring carefully examined and noticed the silver needle on Paul’s chest was really missing.

“Hmph! Stop spouting nonsense!” Torben sneered. “I can see right through you. You’re clearly guilty and making excuses!”

“Spring, this guy must have caused Father to become like this. Stop wasting time and just torture him until he confesses the truth!” Autumn said, brimming with hostility.

“Uncle Spring, Dustin is my friend, and I’m willing to guarantee with my life that he’s innocent!” Patrick argued firmly..

“Both of you are obviously in cahoots!” Torben spat.

“Enough! Shut your mouths!” Spring furrowed his brow and turned to Dustin. “Young man, you have exceptional medical skills. Is there anything you can do to help my father regain control?”

“As long as you can restrain your father, I have a method to bring him to normal” Dustin replied calmly.

“Restrain my grandfather? That’s utter nonsense!” Torben was displeased. “Do you even know who my grandfather is? He was a master of Balerno martial arts, a towering figure in the martial arts world! Nobody can restrain my grandfather in Millsburg.”

“That’s right, young man. You just witnessed it. None of the armed guards could get close to my father. How can we restrain him?” Spring also looked troubled.

“Hmph! I think someone is deliberately looking for trouble!” Autumn’s gaze turned cold.

“This is surely tricky.” Patrick sighed.

Paul was a master of Balerno martial arts. Only Jonas Hill, Spring’s oldest son, could compete with his grandfather in martial arts. However, Jonas was currently far away in Chouxe. He couldn’t come back in time.

“Run! Grandfather is coming this way!” Torben suddenly yelled.

Everyone looked up and saw Paul changing direction and charging toward them furiously. In an instant, everyone panicked and scattered in fear.

“Dustin! What are you waiting for? Run now!” Patrick turned his head and saw Dustin still standing in place.

“If you can’t stop him, then let me handle it.” Dustin replied calmly without evading.

“Dustin! Are you out of your mind? Come here quickly!” Patrick’s face fell upon witnessing the scene.

“Hmph! Ignorant fool!” Torben sneered repeatedly.

“Young people are so ignorant! Do you really think you can withstand my grandfather?” Autumn also looked gleeful wishing Dustin would die in his father’s hand.

“Young man, don’t be impulsive! You can’t stop my father!” Spring shouted.

Unfazed by the warnings, Dustin walked straight ahead.

“Kill! Attack!” Paul’s eyes were bloodshot as he shouted madly. Seeing someone blocking his path, he threw a powerful punch.

In an instant, the world seemed to be in chaos. The surrounding plants and trees collapsed one after another.

The atmosphere itself seemed to distort.

A tremendous boom echoed as Dustin effortlessly caught Paul’s earth–shattering punch.

The whole area fell into complete silence.

Chapter 435

The entire garden fell eerily silent. Everyone was stunned by the scene before them. No one had expected Dustin to be able to block Paul’s punch.

Not only did he block it, he didn’t suffer any harm.

After all, Paul was once a master of the Balerno martial arts, a grandmaster. His punches and kicks carried the power to shatter mountains and split the earth. How many people in the Hill family could contend with such a terrifying existence?

“Did… Did he just block the punch?” Torben was so shocked that his eyes widened in disbelief. In their eyes, Paul represented the pinnacle of power in Millsburg. He could kill a divine–level martial artist with a casual move.

How could a doctor who came out of nowhere block a grandmaster’s punch?

What was going on?

“Oh my god! Someone actually blocked Mr. Hill’s punch! Am I seeing things?”

Cholas’s mouth hung open, his jaw almost dropping to the ground. He had thought Dustin was only a genius in medicine, but he never expected Dustin to be so good at martial arts too.

“Damn it! I didn’t know Dustin was so good!” Patrick almost jumped up. Opening his mouth wide, he completely disregarded his image.

“Who exactly is this guy?” Spring was shocked and suspicious. Sweat rolled down his forehead. He thought

Dustin was seeking death when he approached Paul just now, but he ended up blocking Paul’s attack.

None of the elite guards from the Hill family could accomplish what the person did. His strength was evident.

“No… Impossible!”

Shocked. Autumn shook his head frantically, denying the truth. “This kid is in his twenties. How could he block Father’s punch? It must be because Father’s power has greatly diminished due to his condition. That was why he had the opportunity.”

“That’s right! Grandfather is physically weak and in a state of madness. His strength has greatly declined. Otherwise, how could this kid withstand him?” Torben echoed.

Upon hearing that, everyone nodded in agreement.

Indeed, if it wasn’t for the fact that Paul was physically weak and severely II, he could definitely do better than that. In the end, Dustin got lucky and found a loophole to block the punch.

Thinking of this, the crowd calmed down.

“Mr. Hill, sleep well.” Dustin paid no attention to the expressions of the people around him. Immediately after blocking Paul’s punch, he retrieved a silver needle and pierced it into the lower chest acupoint. Instantly.

Paul’s body went limp, and he fainted on the spot.

“Young man, how is it? Is my father okay?” Spring approached with a group of people.

“He’s out of danger, just a bit weak. He’ll be fine after a nap,” Dustin shook his head.

“That’s good.” Spring sighed in relief.

“Dustin, you’re truly amazing! You actually went head–to–head with my grandfather. I’m impressed!” Patrick gave him a thumbs up.

“Hmph! What’s so impressive about it? If it weren’t for Grandfather’s weakened state, he wouldn’t have been able to withstand it. It’s just dumb luck, Torben said, feeling somewhat dissatisfied.

“Then why didn’t you step up earlier? You ran away like a rabbit,” Patrick taunted.

“You…” Torben was at a loss for words. Paul’s power was unquestionable. Who would dare to confront him?

“Alright, let’s help Mr. Hill back to rest.” Spring gestured, and soon the guards stepped forward and carried Paul into the room.

Chapter 436

“Young man, we will need your help again,” Spring said.

“Treating your father and saving his life is not a problem, but I hope you Hills can uphold your promise and pay me the full amount of money instead of resorting to coercion, intimidation, and taking advantage of your position,” Dustin said calmly.

“Coercion, intimidation, taking advantage of our position? What are you talking about, young man?” Spring was puzzled.

“Perhaps you should ask the two people next to you what they have done,” Dustin hinted.

“Autumn, what’s going on?” Spring frowned.

“Well…” Autumn hesitated to speak. He couldn’t openly bring up such embezzlement of funds.

“Uncle Spring, I know what’s going on. Uncle Autumn and the others took it upon themselves to change. Dustin’s 300 million remunerations into three million without permission and even went so far as to threaten him!” Patrick said seriously.

“Autumn! Have you lost your mind?” Spring’s face darkened. “Dustin saved our father’s life. He is the Hill family’s benefactor. How can you treat him like this? Who gave you the audacity? Do you think our father’s life is only worth a mere three million?!”

“Spring. I just feel that this kid doesn’t deserve so much money.” Autumn muttered.

“Nonsense!” Spring glared at Autumn. “Dustin has the skills. Why doesn’t he deserve the money? You’ve made a mistake yet show no signs of remorse. Immediately go to the shrine and kneel! Reflect on yoursell!”

"Spring…”

“Get out!”

Autumn was about to say something, but Spring angrily interrupted him. Left with no choice, he could only obediently kneel at the shrine.

“And you!” Spring glared at Torben.

The man shrank his neck and dared not defy him. Before leaving, Torben cast a resentful look at Dustin.

“Dustin, I apologize sincerely. I failed to teach them their manners. Please forgive me.” Spring said, looking. ashamed.

“It’s alright, as long as I get the money.” Dustin waved his hand. After all, he didn’t suffer any losses, and it wasn’t a big deal.

“Patrick, go and personally withdraw the money for Dustin. Make sure you don’t make any mistakes, Spring instructed.

“No problem.” Patrick nodded and quickly left.

In no time, a 380 million check was handed over to Dustin.

“Dustin, we owe you a great debt today.” Spring took out a silver waist token and presented it with both hands. “This is the Hill family’s guest token. With this, you will be an esteemed guest of the Hill family. Not only can you freely enter all the places of the Hill family, but if you encounter any trouble, you can also seek help from the Hill family through this token.”

“Dustin, you have to accept it. The token is a precious item. You can solve many problems with it,” Patrick said eagerly.

The guest token of the Hill family was something countless people dreamed of possessing. It meant having the support of the Hill family, almost allowing one to act recklessly within the boundaries of the entire South City.

“Well, since it’s a precious item, I’ll take it.” Dustin smiled and directly put it away.

As one of the Tremendous Three, the Hill family had tremendous influence in the seven provinces of Balerno. Dustin might need the Hill family’s help if he encountered any problems.

“If there’s nothing else, I will take my leave.” Dustin didn’t intend to stay any longer.

“Patrick, help me see Dustin off,” Spring said with a smile.

“Dustin, this way, please.” Patrick gestured with one hand, quickly leading Dustin away.

As Spring watched the two figures depart, his smile gradually faded and was replaced by a cold expression.

“He’s good in both medicine and martial arts. Not bad. He accidentally disrupted my plans. As he spoke, he flipped his palm, revealing a silver needle.

It was the same needle that was extracted from Paul’s body!

Chapter 437

It was evening, and Dustin was sitting in the living room of Enchanting Villa, engrossed in a book, when Abigail suddenly rushed down the stairs.

“Uncle! I need your help with something urgent! Will you accompany me somewhere? Abigail leaned in, acting secretive.

“Where do you want to go?” Dustin’s curiosity was piqued.

“It’s a secret. You’ll find out once we get there.” Abigail playfully dodged the question.

“If you don’t tell me, I won’t go.” Dustin firmly declined.

“Well will you come with me if I tell you?” Abigail frowned.

“It depends on the situation.” Dustin shrugged.

“Alright, I’ll tell you. My friend is celebrating her birthday tonight, and we’ve planned to have some fun together, Abigail revealed with a mischievous smile.

“What does your friend’s birthday have to do with me? I’m not going.” Dustin rolled his eyes.

“Hey! You’re not keeping your word! You just promised me earlier!” Abigail became a bit anxious.

“I said it depends on the situation. I didn’t promise you anything.”

“You, you, you… you’re being unfair!” Abigail stomped her foot in frustration.

“Listen, young lady. I’d rather quietly read my book than join you youngsters.” Dustin waved his hand dismissively.

“I’m giving you an opportunity here! Do you know that my friend is a celebrity? She’s gorgeous.” Abigail tried to tempt him.

“I’ve seen plenty of beautiful girls. I’m not interested.” Dustin shook his head.

“Hey! Are you even a man? You’re not interested in women at all?” Abigail bit her lip and snatched the book. from Dustin’s hand. “Uncle, please, can’t you do it for me? If you don’t go, I won’t be able to go cither!”

“Wait. Why does it matter if I go or not? You can go without me.” Dustin was speechless.

“You don’t believe me, huh? Follow me then.” Without waiting for a response, Abigail grabbed Dustin’s hand and pulled him towards the exit. However, when they reached the front door, Edmund suddenly appeared and blocked their way with a somewhat menacing look.

“You see that now?” Abigail turned her gaze toward Dustin as if saying, “See, this is why I can’t leave.”

Whenever she wanted to go out at night, her father would appear like a ghost, and there was no escaping him.

“Um…” Dustin was momentarily speechless.

“Abigail, you’re going out again at this late hour? Wasn’t the lesson from last time enough?” Edmund sald sternly

“Hey, hold on! Get it straight! It’s not me who wants to go out. It’s this guy here, and I’m just accompanying him,” Abigail lied without batting an eye.

“Mr. Rhys, are you going somewhere?” Edmund was slightly stunned, but soon, his expression softened.

“Sort of.” Dustin forced a smile.

“Did you hear that? Uncle said he’s feeling bored at home and wants me to take him out for a stroll. Are you going to stop him?” Abigail spoke coldly. With that arrogant demeanor, she seemed to be leveraging Dustin’s presence.

“It Mr. Rhys wants to go out, of course, I won’t stop him. But please be careful and avoid crowded places.” Edmund squeezed a smile.

“Understood. You can step aside now, and don’t dampen Uncle’s mood.”
With that, Abigail forcefully dragged Dustin away.

She immediately showed her true colors once they were out of Edmund’s sight. “Uncle, I didn’t expect you to be so useful. It seems I’ll have to make good use of you as my tool in the future.”

“Just listen to what you’re saying.” Dustin responded impatiently. “Either study diligently or practice martial arts seriously. Don’t wander around aimlessly all the time and waste your great talent.”

“Uncle, I’ve been training all day. Don’t you understand the importance of work–life balance? I should at least take a break, right?” Abigail raised her head proudly. “Considering that you helped me once, I’ll treat you to something tonight!”

Dustin shook his head and couldn’t be bothered to argue with her.

Chapter 438

Since he was quite free, he thought he could use some time to relax.

Twenty minutes later, Dustin and Abigail exited the car in front of a music bar. Compared to the lively and noisy atmosphere of a karaoke bar, the music bar was quieter. Friends could sit together, drink, chat, and listen to music. It was relaxing and comfortable.

“Abigail! Over here!” Right after they entered the music bar, a short–haired girl stood up and waved at Abigail. Dustin followed the direction of the sound and recognized several familiar faces.

The short–haired girl was Nina Sharp. Another one was a popular guy in school, Mike Horton. Dustin thought the rest looked quite familiar but couldn’t recall their names.

The only person he couldn’t recognize was a girl in a school uniform. She looked young and pretty. The girl had a delicate oval face with exquisite features. She looked pure and innocent, like a fairy. With just a glance, she could capture a person’s attention.

“Sorry, we’re late. Abigail approached them with a smile and took the opportunity to introduce Dustin, “Uncle, you’ve already met everyone else. So I won’t introduce them again. As for this person, she’s the star of today, our guest of honor, Ruby Xenos.”

Abigail added, “Let me tell you a secret. Ruby is not only a popular live streamer with millions of fans, but she’s also a star at our school.”

“Abigail, don’t be ridiculous. I’m just a trainee, still far from being a star,” Ruby pouted.

“Your singing is so beautiful. It’s only a matter of time before you debut. I believe you’ll become famous in no time!” Abigail said with a smile.

“Whatever you say!” Ruby rolled her eyes.

“Look, I didn’t lie to you. I told you there would be beautiful girls here. So, are you impressed?” Abigail turned back and teased Dustin.

Dustin glanced at her sideways and couldn’t be bothered to respond.

“I mean, Abigail, why did you bring an outsider with us when we’re here to drink and sing?” Mike seemed displeased.

“Yeah, Abigail, it’s Ruby’s birthday today, and it’s not quite appropriate to bring a stranger along.” Nina chimed in.

“It’s alright. The more, the merrier,” Unfazed, Ruby smiled.

“That’s right! This guy here is good at fighting. If anything happens, he can be our bodyguard.” Abigail nodded repeatedly.

“What’s the point of being good at fighting? If something really happens, it’s all about connections and relationships,” Mike sneered. Since Dustin stole the limelight before, he had been holding a grudge. He wanted to use Lord Horst to deal with Dustin and settle the score. Yet the man slapped him right then and there. His face was still a bit swollen.

“Alright, let’s not talk about that anymore. Since everyone is here, let Ruby sing us a song.” Abigail quickly changed the subject.

“It’s been so long since I’ve heard Ruby sing. Today, we’re finally in for a treat!”

“Ruby, come on stage quickly. I can’t wait any longer!” The crowd joined in the cheer.

“Well, I’ll try my best then.” Ruby nodded with a smile, then walked up to the stage and talked with the male singer. The male singer readily agreed and willingly gave up his spot.

“Oh, this young beauty is taking over the stage. Interesting.”

“Hey, pretty! Sing ‘The Love of a Boatman‘ for me!”

As soon as Ruby stepped on stage, she immediately drew the attention of countless people, especially the men who had a few drinks. They became even more excited and kept cheering for Ruby.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know how to sing this song.” Ruby apologized.

“The Love of a Boatman is simple. You can learn it on the spot. As long as you sing this song, I’ll reward you!” A chubby guy walked forward with a smile, holding ten roses that he had purchased. Each rose cost one hundred dollars. He had spent more than enough to request a song.

“I really don’t know how to sing this song.” Ruby seemed awkward.

“I don’t care. I’ve already requested the song, and if you don’t sing, it means you’re disrespecting me.” The chubby man continued with an evil grin. “Of course, if you’re willing to have a few drinks with me, we can let this matter go.”

Upon hearing that, Mike immediately stood up, infuriated.

Chapter 439

“Hey! What the fuck are you talking about?” Mike sprung up and yelled, feeling a burst of righteousness after secing the sleazy man pester Ruby. “My friend already told you she can’t sing the song! Why the hell do you. keep pressing her?”

“Exactly! How can you force people to sing songs they don’t know? Aren’t you being too unreasonable?” Ninal chimed in. The others who had remained silent wore similar indignant expressions.

“A show–off, huh?” The chubby man sneered, “She should follow the rules since she walked onto the stage. I’ve already paid, so she has to sing!”

“So what if you paid? That measly sum is barely enough to buy coffee!” Mike scoffed disdainfully. “You want to talk about rules? Let me humor you. Hey, I’ll give you 100 roses. Sing whatever you like for the first song!” he said and paid ten thousand dollars on the spot.

“Damn! He sure is easygoing with his money. He spent ten thousand without hesitation.”

“He’s probably some rich kid. Let’s see what happens.”

The ama, which was far more interesting than someone’s singing, attracted many onlookers, reaching the desired effect.

“I expected more than just ten thousand dollars,” the chubby man Jeered before pulling out a card and swiping it through the card terminal. He yelled. “Bring this girl ten bottles of red wine!”

Each bottle cost ten thousand dollars, so ten bottles added up to 100 thousand dollars. It took guts to spend that much money without even hesitating.

“Holy shit! Spending 100 thousand dollars for one song? That guy must be loaded!”

“I can’t understand the life of the rich. 100 thousand is my total salary for an entire year.”

“That girl’s getting so much money for no reason, Is this one of the perks of being pretty?”

The crowd began whispering among themselves for different reasons, namely surprise, envy, and even jealousy, while the owner of the music bar beamed from ear to ear. Usually, they only get a few thousand bucks in tips at most; today, however, they were getting over 100 thousand dollars, which meant that the owner would be raking in a large profit even if he split the amount evenly with the singer.

“Why aren’t you saying anything, punk? Don’t tell me you can’t even pay 100 thousand bucks?” Chubster taunted, causing Mike’s expression to darken.

“It’s on! Let’s see how much you’re willing to spend!” Mike immediately swiped his card again and shouted. “I want 20 bottles!”

20 bottles cost 200 thousand dollars, double what Chubster had paid earlier. There was no way Mike was willing to give up now.

“Hey, chubster. Do you know how powerful Mike is? You should give up before you embarrass yoursell!” Nina boasted loudly.

“Hmph! Mike’s family has hundreds of millions in assets. What makes you think you can win against him?”

“Precisely! 200 thousand is nothing to him. I dare you to top that. Let’s see who the final winner is.”

A chorus of taunts and jeers rose from the crowd of youngsters, who were at the age where they cared about nothing else besides their ego. Naturally, it meant returning insults after being on the receiving end.

“Foolish brats!” The chubby man sniggered and swiped his card again. “I want another hundred bottles!”

“100 bottles of red wine?” The man’s order caused an uproar among the crowd, who couldn’t believe someone had not hesitated to spend a million dollars on 100 bottles of red wine.

“He’s a real tycoon!”

“That much money could get him a house, but he gave it away so casually. Just how rich is he?”

Everyone was shocked. No one expected to encounter such a scene when they merely came to enjoy some drinks and music.

“I dare you to top that, brat.” Chubster sniggered.

Mike gritted his teeth, his expression darkening. A million dollars was far from a small amount of money. His monthly allowance was only 100 thousand dollars at most, and his yearly allowance amounted to only around a million dollars. The thought of spending a year’s worth of allowance just for a singer troubled Mike. Worse still, he didn’t have that much money on his card.

“Get him, Mike!“

“Yeah! He’s too arrogant! You should teach him a lesson!”

“It won’t be a big deal since the money is going to Ruby anyway.”

Mike’s friends were ticked off by the chubby man’s attitude and chose to fuel the fire. Mike’s hands clenched into fists, his face becoming stormy with anger.

“Goddamn it! I just wanted to show off and impress Ruby. How was I supposed to know that the average- looking chubster was rich?” he thought.

“Pfft! Don’t tell me you ran out of money,” the chubby man jeered as realization dawned on him. “You’re trying to show off your wealth when you don’t even have a million dollars? How embarrassing!”

“You-” Mike’s jaw clenched, but he couldn’t refute what the other man was saying.

His friends quickly noticed something was wrong after seeing him remain silent, and they soon realized they might lose.

“What made you think an immature brat like you could win against me? How foolish!” The chubby man scoffed. “Go home and play with your toys instead of making a fool of yourself here. Do you fancy yourself a knight in shining armor? Ha, what a joke!”

“You’re going too far!” Mike yelled.

“So what? You could always prove me wrong by paying up.” Chubster taunted, rendering Mike speechless. Shut the hell up if you don’t have that money.” The chubby man glowered at Mike before turning his attention
to Ruby. “I’ve spent a million dollars on you, sweetie, so you better start singing. You’re going to have a few drinks with me after that too.”

“I’ll sing for you, but I’m going to have to turn down the drinks.” Ruby shook her head.

While she was shocked by the chubby man’s considerable wealth, she also knew what he had in mind, so there was no way she’d share some drinks with him.

“I spent over a million dollars on you, so how hard can it be to share a few drinks with me?” Chubster huffed. displeased.

“I’m not good with drinks.” Ruby seemed troubled.

“Shut up! You aren’t leaving here if you don’t drink with me!” the chubby man shouted.

“Is a million a lot?” Dustin suddenly questioned icily. “I’ll pay you ten million dollars to leave this instant instead of disgusting everyone.

Chapter 440

“Ten million?” The crowd exchanged astonished glances when they heard him. Ordinary citizens couldn’t even dream of earning that much money in their lifetime. How could Dustin make such a bold statement?

“Do you even have that kind of money?” Abigail asked, shocked and anxious.

“Come on, don’t show off when you don’t even have that much money. You’ll only end up embarrassing yourself.” Mike said scornfully, giving Dustin a disdainful look. Although he dared not challenge the chubby man again, he still had the audacity to look down on Dustin. There was no way he believed a shabby–looking country bumpkin could win against someone as wealthy as Chubster.

“You’re just spouting nonsense to show off, right? Well, let’s see how this ends!” Nina snorted, not believing that someone like Dustin would have ten million dollars.

“Who the fuck said that?” Surprised, Chubster glanced around the room frostily.

“It was me.” Dustin stood up slowly, his stare icy.

“Are you challenging me?” Chubster sneered. “Are you sure a beggar like you has ten million dollars?”

“And what if I do?” Dustin retorted.

“Then you can have the girl. If you don’t, you’ll have to get on your knees in front of everyone and bark like a dog!” Chubster taunted.

Upon hearing that, the crowd roared enthusiastically. After all, the show had gone from just competing with money to verbal insults.

“Why don’t we just let this go? Fighting against someone like him is pointless.” Abigail advised Dustin. Truth be told, she doubted Dustin as well. After all, he wouldn’t be staying in her home if he had ten million dollars.

“Of course not. He challenged me, so how can I back down now?” Dustin replied nonchalantly.

“But this is ten million dollars we’re talking about, not one million!” Abigail cried, feeling desperate. She dreaded the thought of seeing Dustin bark like a dog for the chubby man.

“Don’t worry. It’s just ten million dollars. No biggie,” Dustin answered with a smile.

“Do you think you’re a billionaire? Just ten million dollars? Yeah, right.” Nina snorted. How could a country bumpkin like him have ten million dollars when even someone as rich as Mike was struggling?

“Let him be. We should just let him keep acting.” Mike smiled cooly.

“Hey! What are you guys mumbling about over there?” Chubster shouted. “Are you going to do it or not? Get lost if you’re not. You’re ruining my mood!”

“Who says I’m not going to?” Dustin smirked. “But we should make it fair. The person who loses has to kneel and bark like a dog. How about that?”

“Are you trying to scare me? Ha, you’re on!” Chubster retorted boldly. “I’ll get down on my knees and start barking if you can produce ten million dollars.”

“We have a deal.” Dustin smiled and pulled out his card, tossing it to the owner. “I’d like to treat that lady to ten million dollars.”

“Are you serious?” The owner gripped the card, bewildered. His entire establishment wasn’t even worth that much money.

“Why would I lie? Swipe it. The PIN is 666666,” Dustin replied calmly.

“Alright, then.” The owner gulped and ran to the counter to process the request.

Chubster started feeling nervous when he saw how confident Dustin was. “Don’t tell me that shabby kidactually has that much money,” he thought.

The rest of the crowd also began exchanging uncertain glances.

Chapter 441

Despite how plainly dressed Dustin was, his confident and collected demeanor made people think twice about their opinions of him. They began to believe that he was either a regular braggart or someone who actually
had ten million dollars.

As everyone waited silently for the results, the restaurant owner walked over and said, “My apologies, sir, but the PIN was wrong, and the transaction failed.”

“Wrong?” Dustin was surprised.
Wasn’t his PIN 666666? Did he remember wrongly?

“What about the ten million you were talking about?” Chubster burst out laughing. “Why bother pretending if you’re poor? Did you think you could get away with it by acting? What a joke!”

“Tsk. Turns out he’s just a braggart. I nearly believed him.”

“I know, right? And it must be embarrassing to get your lie exposed like that.”

Everyone cast their mocking and disdainful gazes at him, believing that the wrong PIN was his excuse to escape from paying. There was no way they’d allow him to get the attention without paying the money.

“That’s such a stupid trick. Only you would use that kind of excuse!” Mike scoffed loudly.

“What kind of friend do you have, Abigail? He’s so shameless! Isn’t it bad enough that he’s poor? How could he pretend to be wealthy?” Nina sneered.

"Exactly. Who knew someone who looks as good as him would do something like that?”

The group Dustin was sitting with began chipping in with scornful comments, feeling ashamed.

“I told you not to act like a hero.” Abigail frowned, her face burning slightly.

Instead of responding to the mockery. Dustin turned to the owner and said, “If the PIN isn’t 666666, then it’s 888888. Try again.”

“Are you sure?” The owner raised an eyebrow, displeased. He was sure he was being toyed with.

“Yes.” Dustin nodded.

“Fine. I hope it’s correct this time.” The owner smirked before heading back to the counter.

“Pilt! Keep acting, then!” Chubster sneered. “Let’s see how long you can keep this up.”

“I guess someone people just don’t know when to give up,” Mike quipped.

“Doesn’t he find it embarrassing to keep up with the act when he’s already been exposed?” Nina humphed in disgust.

Dustin had clearly turned into a clown, and the onslaught of insults and jeers never stopped.

Just then, the owner rushed over anxiously and stammered. “I–it’s wrong, sir!”

“What? It’s still wrong?” Dustin frowned.

Those surrounding him burst out laughing this time.

“This trick again? Can’t you think of something new?”

‘I’ve met people who are shameless, but none who are as shameless as you!”

"Stop joking around. Get to your knees and start barking.”

“How shameful! Well, you had it coming.”

By then, Chubster, Mike, and everyone else was blatantly laughing at him.

“You’re all mistaken! It’s not the PIN that’s wrong; it’s the amount I keyed in!” The owner cried out, panicked. “I was supposed to key in ten million dollars, but I accidentally added another zero, and the amount became 100 million dollars! Worse, the transaction has already gone through, so I can’t fix it! I’m so sorry.”

Instantly, the room went pin–drop silent.

Chapter 442

‘The crowd was stunned to see the owner frantically apologizing to Dustin. They all gaped at Dustin, jaws Iropped in disbelief.

‘Ten million dollars had accidentally turned into 100 million dollars, and the transaction was successful?

How much money was on that card? No one could laugh anymore. Instead, their eyes were full of shock and envy as they stared at Dustin, who had asily paid what ordinary families couldn’t even earn after generations.

He was the true tycoon!

T–that’s impossible!” After getting over his shock, Mike’s reaction turned into disbelief. “Did you make a mistake, sir? There’s no way this guy could have so much money!”

How could such a shabbily dressed man have 100 million dollars?

‘He’s right. It has to be fake. There’s no way anyone would carry 100 million dollars around!” Nina voiced her suspicions as well, Although none of the others spoke, they obviously doubted it as well.

‘Look closely, you ignorant fools!” The owner humphed and slapped the bill onto the table.

Several people who read the slip of paper were shocked.

“l–it’s real?”

Both Mike and Nina were stunned, and even those who had their doubts were astonished. With the proof right before their eyes, they had no choice but to recognize Dustin’s wealth,

“Where did you get so much money?” Abigail asked in awe. Ten million dollars was shocking enough, much less 100 million.

“I earned it, of course. How else?” Dustin responded indifferently.

“What do you do to earn that much?” Abigail became even more curious.

“I’m a doctor. I treat wealthy people, so it shouldn’t be surprising. Dustin answered truthfully.

“I see" For a moment. Abigail pondered if she should start learning medicine instead.

“My apologies, sir. I’ll contact someone to refund you immediately,” the owner kept apologizing. There was no way he could afford to offend someone who had over 100 million dollars. Anyone in their industry knows that if someone has 100 million in their deposits, their total assets could be worth ten times more!

"Just get it done,” Dustin responded with a nod before turning his attention to Chubster. “Hey, Chubster! I don’t have ten million dollars. Will 100 million do?”

The corner of Fatty’s eye twitched, his face darkening rapidly. Just like how arrogant his attitude had been earlier, he felt equally humiliated right now. Who could have thought that a country bumpkin could be this rich?

“I’ll take your silence as a ‘yes, Dustin smirked. “As per our earlier agreement, you should get to your knees and start barking now.”

“You should go easy on others. You never know what might happen in the future, so don’t push your luck!” Chubster growled.

“I doubt you were going to let me go easily either, so why should I go easy on you?” Dustin wore a fake smile.

“Because I’m from the Doyle family!” Chubster answered coldly. “My name is Duncan Doyle, and my eldest brother is Terry Doyle, someone who is well–known in Millsburg!”

“What? Terry Doyle?”

Everyone paled after hearing his name. Most people have heard of that name before. The Doyle family is a martial arts family that runs a security firm. They were known for providing excellent security for wealthy and powerful families.

Terry Doyle was the future head of the family. At a young age, he had already made a name for himself for being a capable but ruthless man who disregarded the law.

Chapter 443

In terms of power, Terry was potentially Tyler Grant’s rival since they both liked doing things however they wanted.

“So what if you’re rich? You still have to submit to the Doyle family.” Mike goaded secretly.

As a martial arts family, the Doyle family has always acted however they liked, so they would never take this matter lightly.

“The Doyle family is incredibly powerful. I guess it’s over for this guy.” Nina shook her head, pleased with the show.

Being rich was different from being powerful. Some rich families were nothing but ants to powerful families.

“You scared now?” Duncan smirked. “Since you know who I am now, you should know what to do next, right?”

He may not be able to withdraw 100 million dollars, but he had a powerful brother. As long as he used his brother’s name, most people would let him have his way.

“So what? Don’t be a sore loser. You’ve lost the bet, so you should keep your side of the bargain,” Dustin responded bluntly.

“Huh?” Duncan frowned. “Do you have any idea what you’re saying? Are you challenging the Doyle family right now?”

“My answer remains the same. Since you lost, you’ll have to kneel! Dustin answered.

“You have no shame!” Duncan slammed his palm onto the table and yelled. “Men, teach him a lesson!”

Immediately, two burly bodyguards popped out of the corner of the room.

“Those who disrespect the Doyle family will have to pay the price. Therefore, we will break one of your arms today!”

The two guards glowered at Dustin as they advanced furiously, making people dodge aside out of fear,

“Go away!” As soon as the two men came near him, Dustin smacked them across the face forcefully, sending them flying. Furniture broke, and wine splattered in all directions.

“Holy shit!” Duncan was shocked. He didn’t expect Dustin to be so powerful, defeating his two elite bodyguards effortlessly.

“Kneel!” Dustin walked toward the other man slowly, his eyes turning menacing.

“Y–you better not mess around! My brother won’t let you go if you harm me!” Duncan shrieked.

“Is that so? Let’s see if your brother is capable enough.” Dustin sneered before jamming his foot into Duncan’s abdomen.

“Ouch!” Duncan wailed. He soared through the air before his knees smashed into the ground, turning into a bloody mess.

“H–h–how dare you hit me!” Duncan stammered, outraged,

“So what?” Dustin replied calmly. “You shouldn’t blame me for teaching you a lesson when you broke your promise first. It should be fair to trade the three barks with three slaps.”

With that, he delivered two slaps across Duncan’s face. It caused the man to feel lightheaded, his teeth popping out and his nose bleeding. Duncan’s already plump face swelled up even further.

“Remember to keep a low profile the next time you try to have some fun.” Dustin raised his hand slowly and delivered the last blow.

With a loud smack, Duncan’s body, which weighed over 200 pounds, flew into the air before landing on one of the tables heavily, and the man passed out on the spot.

The sight had rendered everyone speechless as they gaped at Dustin,

How could he hit someone from the Doyle family? Did he have a death wish?

Chapter 444

“Are you out of your mind? How could you attack someone from the Doyle family?” Nina and the others went pale as a sheet when they saw Duncan lying on the floor, unconscious. They never expected Dustin to be so bold.

“So what?” Dustin replied, unconcerned.

“Hmmph! What an ignorant fool!” Nina glanced at him disdainfully. “The Doyle family is one of the Fabulous Five. You might end up as a corpse floating in the Ziby River by tomorrow!”

“Really? I don’t think so.” Dustin shrugged.

“Don’t think you can do whatever you want just because you’re rich. The Doyle family is far stronger than you can imagine.” Mike informed scornfully. Terry Doyle is also a protective man. If he hears that his family was attacked, he’ll take this seriously! If I were you, I’d start apologizing to them and atoning for my sins. That way. you might still have a chance of survival.”

Dustin gave the other man a small smile in response. “Well, you aren’t me.”

“I’ve said what I needed to say. Since you’re being so foolish, good luck. Let’s go!” Mike sneered and got up to leave. He didn’t want to get caught up in this mess with the Doyle family.

“Hmmph! It’s no use talking to people like you. When the time comes, you’ll learn just how powerful they are.” Nina shot Dustin a glare before following Mike.

“Dude, word of advice? Leave Millsburg right now. Run as far as you can before it’s too late,” the group cautioned before leaving hurriedly, worried they might get roped in as well.

“What should we do now? You seem to have gotten yourself in trouble now. I shouldn’t have encouraged you earlier.” Abigail muttered worriedly. She has heard of the Doyle family before as well. They were people whom ordinary citizens like her could never cross.

“Calm down. It’s no big deal.” Dustin smiled.

“Yeah, right. Quit bragging.” Abigail huffed.

“You’ll find out soon.” Dustin chuckled but didn’t explain further.

“Thanks for that just now.” Just then, Ruby walked over and nodded her head at Dustin.

“You’re welcome. That chubster just happened to annoy me.” Dustin waved her off before suddenly thinking of something. ‘Oh, right. Remember to return my ten million dollars.”

“What?” Ruby was stunned. She didn’t expect him to bring up money at that moment.

“Hey, how can you ask someone to pay back the money you’ve already gifted out? That’s such a spineless move.” Abigail gave him an odd look.

“I was only doing that to defend you guys. You don’t expect me to still give my money away, do you?” Dustin splayed out his hands.

“You’re an interesting guy. Sure. I’ll return your money to you. Let me get your contact first.”

Ruby smiled and exchanged numbers with Dustin before continuing. “You can call me if the Doyle family tries anything funny.”

“Huh?” Dustin was surprised. From the way Ruby spoke, he could tell that there was more than what met the eye.

“It’s late, Abigail. I’ll be going home now. Talk to you soon,” Ruby waved her hand and turned to leave..

“Hey, kid. Who’s that friend of yours? She doesn’t seem like an ordinary person.” Dustin casually asked.

“I heard that she comes from a rich family, but I don’t know what business they’re in.” Abigail shook her head. “Forget it. Let’s go. Your dad’s going to get worried.” Pushing the matter aside. Dustin and Abigail quickly left.

Chapter 445

The next morning. Dustin was reading medical literature when a silver Bentley pulled up at the entrance of the courtyard.

“Bad news, Dustin! Something happened to my dad!” Ruth rushed into the building and yelled anxiously.

“Calm down. Your dad won’t die yet.” Dustin slowly lowered his book, looking unbothered.

“Huh? How did you know?” Ruth was surprised.

“Didn’t I tell you yesterday? Your father was poisoned, and he won’t live past three days. This is only the second day, so he still has one day left.” Dustin answered.

“Then, what should we do? Can you treat him?” Ruth pressed.

“I can, but on one condition.”

“What is it?”

“I hope your family can agree to your sister’s request and break off the engagement with the Grant family.

“Break off the engagement?” Ruth frowned. “Dustin, this isn’t a matter to be taken lightly. My father won’t agree to it.”

The marriage was one that both families were expecting. Should the engagement be broken off, the relationship between the two families would worsen, which could negatively impact the Harmon family.

“Don’t tell me it’s more important than your father’s life?” Dustin retorted.

“You don’t know my dad. He’s always prioritized the bigger picture. For the greater good of the family, he’d rather sacrifice himself!” Ruth told him gravely.

“He’s that stubborn?” Dustin was surprised.

“Why else would my sister be forced to do something against her will? I would love for you to be my brother–in- law, but my dad will never allow her to break off the engagement.” Ruth sighed.

“What a stubborn old man!” Dustin frowned. At first, he thought he’d be able to use this incident to change the other man’s mind, but it seemed like that plan was bound to fail.

Suddenly, Ruth said, “If you want to stop them from getting married, I have an idea.”

“What is it?” Dustin asked.

“It’ll be hard to get through my dad, but you can always try someone else. For example, the Grant family.” Ruth lowered her voice. “The Harmons‘ annual family gathering is happening tomorrow. I’m sure Tyler will send some gifts tomorrow. You should use that opportunity to kick up a fuss. You might be able to mess the engagement up that way.”

“Are you sure it’ll work?” Dustin thought about it.

“That doesn’t matter. You still have to try. I’m sure you’ll be fine.” Ruth puffed out her chest.

Dustin stared at her tiredly without replying. She must spend too much time watching soap operas.

“I don’t mind saving your father, Roth, but I need to meet your sister first.” Dustin decided to compromise. He was more worried that he might take things too far, so he wanted to ask for Natasha’s opinion beforehand.

“No problem. I’ll get it down right now!” Ruth took out her phone and made a call. After a moment, she answered. “My mom agreed. As long as you can treat my father, she’ll let you meet my sister.”

“Deal!” Dustin sprung up and got into the Bentley to accompany Ruth back to the Harmon estate. He has been feeling anxious for the past few days. Now, they could finally meet again.

Chapter 446

At noon, Dustin sat in Ruth’s car, and the two of them arrived at the Harmon estate with ease.

As one of the Fabulous Five, the Harmon family’s headquarters were luxurious. It had a man–made lake, a garden with artificial hills, farms, wineries, and numerous magnificent villas.

Hundreds of guards patrolled the perimeters, and dozens of staff worked there, fully demonstrating the power of an aristocratic family.

Staring at the garden, Dustin pondered about the annual family gathering happening tomorrow.

“We’re here.” The silver Bentley slowly pulled into the entrance of the main villa. As soon as they got out of the car, they

spotted Jessica and two servants waiting for them at the entrance.

“You’re here.” Jessica gave Dustin a lock over and asked cooly, “Yesterday, you said that my husband was poisoned by mystic poison. Is that true?”

“You wouldn’t have looked for me if it weren’t,” Dustin answered, making Jessica narrow her eyes.

She would never have sought him out if her husband, Hector, hadn’t succumbed to the odd illness. Even the doctors in their family couldn’t find the cause of the problem.

“Let me ask you again. Are you sure you can cure him?” Jessica asked again.

“I’m not sure. That depends on the severity of his sickness. If it hasn’t progressed too far, it’ll be easy to treat but it’ll be hard if it has.” Dustin didn’t promise her anything.

“Follow me.” Jessica frowned and spun around to lead the way.

Dustin and Ruth quickly followed her, and they soon arrived at a ward full of medical equipment. Many specialists were gathered there as they tried to come up with a treatment plan while Hector lay unconscious on the bed. His once charming face had turned blue, and his lips had turned a shade of purple from the powerful poison.

Dustin approached the bed and took Hector’s pulse before checking his eyes and mouth. He was now sure that Hector had been poisoned by incredibly potent poison.

“Dustin, how’s my dad? Can you treat him?” Ruth asked tentatively.

“It’s a little tricky, but I can try.” Dustin answered after thinking about it.

“Try?” Jessica frowned. “This is his life we’re talking about, and you’re telling me you’ll try? Are you joking?”

“Mrs. Harmon, this isn’t any regular poison. We’ll have to take a risk if we want to save him.” Dustin explained. With how serious Hector’s condition was, it’d be a miracle if they could even save his life.

“That’s not what I want to hear! I want my husband to recover completely!” Jessica hissed.

“She’s right. If you can’t do it, let us treat him.”

Suddenly, a group of people entered the room. They were led by a chubby, middle–aged man, followed by Quentin and a voluptuous woman wearing a dress.

“What are you guys doing here. Trent?” Jessica was surprised.

The Harmon family had three brothers. The eldest was Trent Harmon, the middle was Jacob Harmon, and the youngest was Hector Harmon.

As the most capable brother, Hector ended up being the head of the family.

“I heard Hector had fallen ill, so I sought out a famous international doctor. Trent gestured to someone behind him, and a blond man in a coat walked forward, proudly carrying a case.

“This is Dr. Peter Shillingford.” Trent introduced with a smile. “Dr. Peter is one of the best doctors in the world, and he’s currently a professor at Harvard Medical School. He’s known for treating all sorts of illnesses. I’m sure Hector will be safe now that he’s here.”

“A professor at Harvard?” Jessica’s face lit up when she heard that. It was easy to imagine how excellent Peter’s skills must be to be a professor at the world’s best medical school. There was no way the doctors in
their country could be better than him.

“What are you waiting for, Rhys? Step aside! There’s no way your measly skills can compete with Dr. Peter.” Trent sneered.

“I’m not underestimating him, but he won’t be able to treat this,” Dustin replied calmly. The poison inside Hector was made up of a combination of witchcraft and parasitic poison. No matter how advanced Western medicine might be, there was no way the doctor would be able to treat this.

“Humph! What a fool!” Quentin snapped. Just because you’re a loser doesn’t mean Dr. Peter is. Go away. Don’t delay Hector’s treatment!”

“Jessica, what on earth were you thinking? How could you trust a quack doctor? What would you do if Hector ended up suffering side effects? Who would take the responsibility for that? Trent demanded, displeased.

“You’re right.” Jessica smiled sheepishly. She turned around and told Dustin, “Dustin, get out of Dr. Peter’s way.”

“Mrs. Harmon, I promise I can save Mr. Harmon’s life, but I can’t say the same for someone else.” Dustin warned.

“Don’t tell me you think you’re better than Dr. Peter. What a joke!” Quentin sniggered. “Dr. Peter is one of the best international professors of medicine. How about you? You don’t even have a medical license. What gives you the courage to challenge Dr. Peter?”

“Things from overseas aren’t necessarily better. Besides, traditional medicine isn’t inferior to modern medicine." Dustin retorted.

“I’ve heard of traditional medicine before. It’s the thing people use to trick patients, isn’t it?” Peter’s smug voice rang cut. His intonation wasn’t the best, but his words could still be heard clearly.

“You’re right! I knew you’d be able to tell!” Quentin gave Peter a thumbs–up and smiled. “Modern medicine is the best. Traditional medicine is old news by now. People only use it to trick others nowadays.”

“I don’t mind you looking down at me, but you shouldn’t look down on traditional medicine. Ignorant people like you don’t even know how powerful traditional medicine can be.” Dustin narrowed his eyes.

“Why don’t we have a small competition since you seem unconvinced?" Peter smirked.

“How?” Dustin.

‘See this patient right here? We’ll come up with our own treatment plans. Whoever treats him the quickest wins. The person who loses has to admit that their nothing but a fraud and quit practicing medicine.” Peter taunted.

“Are you sure you want to put the stakes so high?” Dustin raised an eyebrow.

“Why? Are you afraid?” Peter leered. “I’ll let this matter go if you admit that traditional medicine is merely a fraud.”

“Afraid?” Dustin shook his head. “Well, I am slightly afraid that you might burst out crying.”

Chapter 447

“You agree, then?” Peter regarded Dustin disdainfully with his arms folded.

“Of course.” Dustin nodded. “Since you look so confident. I’m curious to see how good you are. However, I
hope you don’t regret your promise later.”

“Good. I’ll show you how lacking your traditional medicine is compared to modern medicine!” Peter smirked smugly. He pulled a vial of green liquid from his case and explained. “See this? This is the newest antidote my
team developed. Within thirty minutes, the patient will wake up again.”

“Good luck.” Dustin’s response was simple.

“Look closely. This is the power of science!” Peter exclaimed before slowly injecting the green drug into Hector’s body.

After ten minutes, the unconscious man began to react. Sweat beaded Hector’s forehead, his limbs began warming up, and the blue discoloration in his skin began to recede as his condition began to improve.

“It’s working! It’s working!”
lJessica and Ruth were over the moon to see the changes.

As expected of a leading medical professor from abroad, the effects of such a small action were amazing.

“Do you see this, Rhys? This is Dr. Peter’s skills. One vial was enough to deal with a complicated issue your couldn’t deal with!” Quentin grinned.

“That’s just a temporary fix. It won’t fix the root cause.” Dustin replied indifferently.

“You sure are as stubborn as a mule!” Quentin humphed.

“Western medicine is all about science while traditional medicine is nothing but tricks. How could you ever win?” Peter grinned smugly.

“You’re incredible, Dr. Peter!” Jessica praised.

“What do you think, Jessica? The person I asked for help is good, isn’t he?” Trent smiled softly.

“Thank you so much, Trent. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” Jessica lowered her head.

“Don’t mention it. We’re a family, after all.” Trent waved her off. “The annual family gathering is tomorrow. As the head of the family, Hector will have to host the event, so make sure he takes care of himself.”

“I will.” Jessica nodded her head.

“Hey, Rhys! It’s time to keep up your end of the bargain!” Quentin yelled. “From today onwards, you’re a liar who can’t ever practice medicine again. Got it?”

We don’t know who the winner is yet. Aren’t you speaking too soon?” Dustin retorted.

“Just look at the evidence. Are you trying to go back on your word?” Quentin sniggered.

“Open your goddamn eyes and see how your uncle is doing.” Dustin gestured with his chin.

“Huh?”

Quentin turned around to see that Hector’s condition had worsened. His skin, which had seen some improvement earlier, had turned blue once more.

“Why is this happening? Hasn’t he been cured?” Quentin paled.

“Dr. Peter, what’s happening?” Jessica frowned, her earlier happiness quickly turning back to worry.

“That’s odd. He was fine just now.” Peter noted, puzzled. “Maybe the dosage was too low. Let me inject another vial.” He pulled out another vial from his case and administered the drug once more.

The results were the same. After a temporary improvement, Hector’s skin and lips would turn blue and purple. and his limbs would turn stiff again. Instead of improving, his condition seemed to worsen further. “Dr. Peter, didn’t you say that everything was fine? Why is this happening?”

Chapter 448

Jessica’s eyes had turned hostile.

“That’s odd. We’ve tested our antidote multiple times. There’s no way it would fail.” Peter began feeling slightly nervous as well.

“What now?” Jessica demanded with a frown.

“This place is too poorly equipped. There’s nothing better I can do. Peter answered seriously.

“So you turned out to be useless after all?” Jessica’s face darkened further. The person she thought was her husband’s savior turned out to be a quack doctor!

“Why don’t you think of another solution, Dr. Peter?” Quentin insisted.

“It’s futile. The technology your country uses is too dated. I can only cure him back in my country.” Peter shook his head, feeling proud of his country.

“Just admit that you can’t do it and stop blaming our facilities or technology.” Dustin retorted cooly.

“As if you’d be able to treat something I can’t!” Peter humphed haughtily.

“This is the difference between traditional medicine and modern medicine. You need all sorts of equipment, but we only need our hands and some silver needles,” Dustin replied calmly.

“Nonsense! Do you think you’re God or something?” Peter looked at him dubiously. As one of the best doctors in the world, he despised frauds like Dustin.

“I have no idea if God can do it, but I’m sure I can.” Dustin answered.

“Fine! Go ahead! Let’s see how quack doctors like you treat patients. Peter flushed with anger.

“Exactly! What’s the point of saying all that? You need to treat Uncle Hector first!” Quentin echoed along.

“Alright. I’ll show you!”
Dustin unbuttoned Hector’s shirt and drew out his silver needles. After studying Hector’s body carefully, he pricked several of the man’s vital pressure points, most of which were gathered around his midsection. When all the needles were in place, he flicked one finger, and the dozens of needles began vibrating at a high frequency.

Soon, dark blood tricked out of where the needles were placed and slowly gave way to a steady stream of vibrant red. Then, Dustin took out a pill and stuck it into Hector’s mouth.

When the man’s stomach began grumbling, Dustin slapped his palm on his midsection. Instantly, Hector sprung up and spat out a mouthful of darkened blood, which fell to the floor with a sizzle.

Everyone in the room was shocked when they saw a cluster of wiggling, red maggots swimming in the pool of blood.
It was a frightening sight.

“What’s going on?”

The crowd exchanged puzzled glances. No one could have expected Hector to have so many maggots in his stomach.

“This is the mystic poison I was talking about. Do you believe me now?” Dustin slowly let out his breath and turned to Jessica.

Jessica frowned but said nothing.

“H–how did you do that?” Peter gaped at Dustin in awe.

After throwing up the mouthful of dark blood, Hector’s complexion had returned to normal, and his breathing finally evened out, seeming to be fine now.

“This is traditional medicine. You’ll never understand it.” Dustin stated indifferently.

Peter blushed in embarrassment, not expecting the ordinary doctor he mocked to be so skilled.

Was this the power of traditional medicine?

Chapter 449

Not long after he spat out the dark blood, Hector came around. Although his body was weak, it was a miracle that he’d made it.

As for Peter, when he saw Hector regain consciousness, he admitted defeat and apologized to Dustin sincerely. He said that he’d been foolish to underestimate the power of traditional medicine and that he’d resign from his position after returning to his country to start learning traditional medicine instead.

Dustin decided to let the man be. After all, Peter may be a proud man, but he sincerely respected those who were stronger than him.

The rest of the Harmon family also resumed their activities after making sure that Hector was fine. Quentin, however, made sure to glare at Dustin on his way out.

“How are you feeling. Dad? Are you in pain anywhere?” Ruth walked over to the bed, holding a glass of warm water.

“I’m fine. I just feel slightly bloated.” Hector took two sips.

“Duh. Look at the blood you threw up. It’s full of maggots!” Ruth told him, shaken.

“Huh?” Hector looked down and frowned. “What’s this?”

“Dustin said you were poisoned by mystic poison. If it weren’t for him, you’d still be unconscious right now.” Ruth explained.

“Dustin?” Hector glanced around before noticing Dustin standing beside him, his expression turning troubled.”

I didn’t expect you to save me.”

“It’s still too early to celebrate. Although I’ve gotten rid of the venomous curse, you aren’t in the clear yet.”

Dustin told them bluntly.

“What do you mean?” Hector frowned.

“Mystic poison is a combination of witchcraft and parasitic poison. The parasitic poison has been cleared, but the witchcraft issue remains.” Dustin explained.

“Then what should we do?” Hector asked.

“Simple. I just need to treat you once per day for the next five days, and you’ll recover,” Dustin said.

“I see.” Hector nodded and asked, “How much will each treatment cost?”

“I don’t want money. I just need you to promise me something.” Dustin bargained.

“What is it?”

“I hope you can annul the engagement between the Harmon family and the Grant family.” Dustin’s reply was astonishing.

“Annul the engagement?” Hector frowned. “Never!”

“To tell you the truth, Mr. Harmon, I’m the only one who can save your life. I think trading that marriage for your life is a good deal,” Dustin said with a small smile.

“Are you threatening me?” Hector narrowed his eyes.

“I wouldn’t dare. I’m merely making a request.”

“My answer won’t change. Never!” Hector’s attitude was firm. “I can tell you that it doesn’t matter if you treat me. The marriage will still commence.”

“Aren’t you scared of dying?” Dustin frowned.

“What’s there to fear? Everyone has to die eventually. The only thing different is the timing.” Hector answered calmly.

“I guess you are different. No one would think about death so calmly.” Dustin sighed. He had his doubts when he heard what Ruth said earlier, but after speaking with Hector, he was now sure that the older man was not afraid of death at all

Stubborn men like Hector were always the hardest to deal with.

“It’s pointless to butter up to me now. Tell me how much money you want for saving me today, and forget about everything else.” Hector stated icily.

“You don’t have to pay me. I did what I needed to. I just want to see Natasha.” Dustin gave in.

“Why do you want to see her? You should know that there’s no future for you two!” Hector warned.

“Even if there isn’t, there’s nothing wrong with meeting a friend, right? Besides, Mrs. Harmon already agreed to this earlier.” Dustin replied.

Chapter 450

“Huh?”

Hector turned around and looked at Jessica, who reluctantly said, “You were in critical condition, so I became desperate and told him that as long as he’s able to treat you. I’ll let the two of them meet.”

“That’s fine. Your intentions were good.” Hector didn’t get angry but responded calmly instead. “I agree to let you two meet, but you’d better not mess around. I’ll have someone watching you. Got it?”

“Yes!” Dustin agreed immediately.

“Ruth, lead him to your sister,” Hector instructed.

“Okay!” Ruth chirped.

Natasha has been waiting for this chance for ages, and today, the two would finally get to meet.

“Oh, that reminds me. Before leaving the room, Dustin halted and turned his head around. “Mr. Harmon, mystic poison isn’t a simple issue. The person who poisoned you probably has more in store. Be careful of those around you.”

“Got it.” Hector nodded. He has always lived in seclusion, so it wasn’t easy to poison him. It was also worth noting that tomorrow was the annual family gathering. As the head of the family, things would be thrown into
chaos should others find out that he had fallen ill

Therefore, it was hard not to have suspicions when the timing at which things were happening was so precarious.

“Jesicca, who do you think poisoned me?” Hector asked all of a sudden.

“Besides the Dark Lord, I can’t think of anyone else who is skilled at the mystic arts and holds a grudge against our family.” Jessica responded in a serious tone.

The mysterious and powerful Dark Lord has always been a thorn in their side. The Harmon family has invested in countless men to get rid of him over the years, but their efforts proved to be futile. Every year, core members of the Harmon family would mysteriously end up dead, and each time, clues would point to the Dark Lord as the culprit.

It was safe to say that one man alone had made the entire Harmon family restless, and mentally.

“Yes He’s the only one.” Hector sighed tiredly. “Unfortunately, we can’t do much since he continues to hide in the dark. That’s why I have no choice but to force Natasha to marry into the Grant family.”

“I understand.” Jessica sighed as well. “We can only use the Grant family’s power to deal with the Dark Lord if Natasha marries Tyler. Or else, our entire family will be doomed.”

“I feel so sorry for Natasha. She has to sacrifice herself for our family.” Hector looked remorseful. As a father. there was nothing he wished more than his children’s happiness. Alas, some things were beyond his control.

“Natasha is a good girl. She’ll understand why you’re doing this,” Jessica consoled him.

“I hope so.” Hector sighed again. Suddenly, he thought of something and asked, “What do you think of Dustin?”

“He’s a genius who’s skilled in both medicine and martial arts. He might be the best among his peers in Millsburg. Unfortunately, he still has a long way to go before competing with Tyler Grant.” Jessica gave her honest opinion. After knowing Dustin longer, she finally changed her opinions about him. However, because of his family background, there was still a gap between them.

“I wouldn’t mind making him our son–in–law if Natasha wasn’t promised to another. Unfortunately, they were just not meant to be,” Hector muttered, troubled. “Try your best to help him from now on. We owe him that
much.”

“I understand,” Jessica nodded.

The marriage between the two families had been set in stone, so it was a pity that the fated pair could never get together.

Chapter 451

Meanwhile, in the backyard, a gorgeous woman sat gracefully on the arched bridge over the pond, her gaze fixed on the fish swimming in the water.

Her feet dangled in the air, and her toes would occasionally break the water’s surface.

Bathed in warm sunlight, she resembled a fairy, taking one’s breath away effortlessly. Even the colorful blossoms in the garden paled in comparison to her.

There was a splash as the woman flung a handful of fish feed into the pond.

Instantly, thousands of fish swarmed near her and thrashed around, splashing water everywhere. The colorful fish painted a gorgeous painting as they fought for good.

“I envy you fish. You can live without worrying about anything, unlike me, who can’t even decide what I like.” The woman sighed, her expression turning sad.

“Who said you can’t?” A familiar voice rang out behind her.

The woman froze before laughing at herself. “I’m even beginning to hallucinate in broad daylight now.”

“Hallucinate? It’s not that serious, is it?” The voice rang out again.

This time, the woman froze and slowly turned around to see a man step into the rays of sunlight and approach her.

The person was none other than Dustin.

“W–what are you doing here?” Natasha was so elated to see the person she had been missing dearly that she even doubted her eyes. She had been confined in her room for some time now, the isolation nearly throwing
her into depression.

“Didn’t I say I’d come to look for you in Millsburg if you don’t return to Swinton? I’m keeping my promise right now.” Dustin smiled softly.

“You’re the best, Dear!” Smiling sweetly, Natasha forgot about the fish feed and threw herself into his arms looking as happy as the fish in the pond.

Dustin finally felt his nervousness dissipate as he inhaled her familiar scent. He’d been worried ever since Natasha left Swinton, his worry only growing when he learned that she was going to marry Tyler. Now that he finally got to see her, he felt much calmer.

“Ahem. Mind your manners,” an unhappy voice lectured from behind them.

The two turned around to see a middle–aged woman standing behind Ruth.

“Mrs. Davys, I wish to talk to my friend. You may leave us.” Natasha waved her away.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Natasha. Mr. Harmon told me to keep an eye on the two of you.” Mrs. Davys shook her head.

“Hmmph! Why is that stubborn old man being so cautious? Does he think we’re going to elope?” Natasha huffed.

Mrs. Davys lowered her head without replying.

Chapter 452

Knowing Natasha’s temper, eloping did sound like something she might do. With the family gathering right around the corner, Mrs. Davys couldn’t let something like that happen.

“Fine. You can stay.” Natasha wasn’t in the mood to argue, so she dragged Dustin over to the gazebo over the pond.

Mrs. Davys was just about to follow them when Ruth stopped her. “My dad only said to keep an eye on them not stalk them! Why would you impede on a couple’s private conversation?”

Mrs. Davys thought about it for a moment and decided to wait where she was. After all, the two of them were still within her sights, and she could see every move they made.

“How did you get in here, Dear? My father isn’t the type of person who would give in easily.” Natasha asked, pouring two cups of tea.

“I saved his life, so I asked to meet you in return.”

Dustin gave her a run–down of everything that had happened.

After hearing the story, Natasha grumbled. “What a reckless old man!”

“That’s why I came to talk to you. What should we do?” Dustin asked helplessly.

“I’ve been thinking about this too. There are only two ways to stop this wedding. We either change my father’s mind, or we force the Grant family to propose the annulment first.” Natasha pondered for a second before pointing out. “My father’s too stubborn. He’s even willing to die for the family, so it’ll be too difficult to persuade him unless we can get rid of his worries.”

“What worries?” Dustin asked, curious.

Natasha sighed. “Years ago, our family offended someone called the Dark Lord. He’s a ruthless and evil person who uses despicably cruel methods. He’s been tormenting our family for years, killing someone every now and then. In recent years, he has been acting more ferociously, going to more extreme lengths. Even Fletcher Lawson was one of his men. It’s safe to say that the Dark Lord is not only a thorn in my father’s side but also a constant pain in my family’s ass. The reason my parents decided to marry me off to the Grant family was to ensure my safety, as well as borrow their power to deal with the Dark Lord.”

Understanding immediately dawned on Dustin. “So, as long as we get rid of the Dark Lord, your dad might give in?”

“Yep.” Nasha nodded. “Without the Dark Lord, our family has nothing to fear anymore.”

“Where’s the Dark Lord? I’ll get rid of him.” Dustin’s eyes turned murderous.

“Things wouldn’t have turned out this way if anyone knew where he is.” Natasha shook her head, smiling bitterly. “He’s so well hidden; I don’t even know what he looks like.”

“That’s going to be tricky.” Dustin frowned. It was going to take some time to find someone whose identity and looks were both a well–kept secret. “Since dealing with the Dark Lord Is Impossible, we can only think of a plan to make the Grant family annul the agreement first.”

Natasha’s tone turned sharp. “Knowing Tyler Grant, he can’t bear it If anything is tainted. Tomorrow, when they send the gifts over, I’ll tell him that I’m already yours. With his pride, there’s no way he’ll accept that. He might even annul our engagement on the spot!”

“Are you sure it’ll work?” Dustin asked, unsure.

“It’s worth a shot. Natasha grinned mischievously. “No matter what, I’ll be kicking up a fuss tomorrow. Worse come to worst, I’ll just use my trump card. That way, the Grant family would never accept a daughter–in- law like me!”

“What trump card?” Dustin’s eyes twinkled.

“That’s a secret for now. You’ll find out tomorrow.” Natasha teased. After all, it’s a trump card. She wouldn’t reveal it so easily unless absolutely necessary.

Chapter 453

Dustin did not leave right after meeting Natasha. Instead, he stayed in the Harmon estate under the pretense of treating Hector’s illness.

Naturally, to prevent the two of them from eloping, Mrs. Davys kept a close eye on them the entire time, separating them every time their actions became intimate.

During the night, the two were forbidden from seeing each other, which Dustin obeyed begrudgingly.

With that, the night passed uneventfully.

The next morning, the Harmons‘ annual family gathering had officially begun.

Countless people began pouring into the estate, luxury cars casually clustering the plaza.

As one of the Fabulous Five, the Harmon family was incredibly prosperous, consisting of hundreds of family members.

Besides those from the Harmon family, loyal company staff and other important family guests had all been invited as well making the place much livelier.

Hector, the head of the family, looked much better after receiving another round of treatment from Dustin.

Although the older man still looked weak, he was able to move around without much difficulty.

“Is the gathering this packed every year?” Dustin was shocked by the volume of guests heading to the banquet hall

“Of course!” Ruth lifted her head proudly. “Our family is large and well–connected, so a lot of people come for our annual gathering.”

“They’re merely opportunists, trying to butter up to us after hearing of our union with the Grant family.” Natasha scoffed. None of the past gatherings had ever been this lively. Most of the people were obviously here because of the Grant family.

“What are you still doing here, Rhys?” An annoying voice asked from behind them.

Dustin turned around to see Quentin and the woman from yesterday walking over. She wore a dress that showed off her voluptuous curves, and her enchanting looks only making her more bewitching. In comparison, Quentin looked much paler and weaker.

“Dustin is my dad’s savior. Why can’t he be here?” Ruth demanded.

“Hmph! It was just a coincidence. What’s there to be proud of?” Quentin scoffed.

“Mind your manners, Quentin,” the woman admonished Quentin before flashing Dustin a smile. “I’ve been feeling sick lately, Doctor. When can you come over to my room and help me take a look? You seem quite
skilled.‘

“Huh?” Dustin raised an eyebrow. What she said had sounded quite odd.

‘Dustin has been quite busy recently, Aunt Celeste. I’ll ask him to treat you when he has the time.” Natasha plastered on a smile.

“Alright, then. I’ll be waiting, then.” The woman, Celeste Marrow, smiled teasingly, brushing against Dustin as she walked past, releasing a unique and calming aroma.

“Hey, our annual family gathering is not something you can join. You should piss off,” Quentin growled a warning before following the woman, emitting the same scent.

“What are you looking at?” Natasha regarded Dustin coldly when she realized he was still staring at the woman. “Don’t tell me you have a thing for other people’s wives too?”

“O–o–of course not!” Dustin choked, awkward. “I was just thinking of the unique scent she carries.”

“Are you saying I don’t smell as good as her?” Natasha snapped, jealous. “She’s my eldest aunt. You better not get any ideas.”

“Your aunt?” Dustin was surprised. ‘She’s so young. She doesn’t look much older than Quentin.”

“Obviously.” Natasha rolled her eyes. “My uncle’s first wife passed away a long time ago, so he found this woman. She looks pretty, but her reputation is horrible.”

“It’s inevitable that people would criticize a couple with such a large age gap.” Dustin wasn’t surprised.

“It’s not just that.” Natasha shook her head and lowered her voice. “I’ve heard that she plays around with Quentin as well.”

“What?” Dustin gaped at her. “Are you serious?”

A stepson having an affair with their stepmother? How scandalous!

“Why would I joke about something like that?” Natasha answered seriously. “I’m warning you. Stay away from that witch, or you won’t even know how you were caught.”

“Um-Dustin pressed his lips together, at a loss for words. No wonder the woman had been looking at him that way. She turned out to be a cheater.

Poor Trent. Dustin wondered what expression the other man would wear if he found out about his son sleeping with his wife.

As time passed, more guests filled the banquet hall, and things became even livelier. People crowded together to share wine and chat together. Beverages were self–served, so people were free to eat and drink however they pleased.

While everyone was having a good time, a wall cried out from the crowd.

A man who had been drinking suddenly began throwing up blood violently before crashing to the floor, convulsing. His face had turned blue, and blood seeped out from his nostrils, painting a terrifying picture.

“What’s going on?”

Shocked, the crowd stepped away from the fallen man. No one could have expected the man, who had been happily drinking and chatting a second ago, to abruptly fall to the floor, coughing up blood.

“How can this be?” Natasha’s brows furrowed, and she quickly approached the scene with Dustin.

Dustin studied the sick man before testing his pulse. “He was poisoned by a powerful poison!”

“Poisoned?” Natasha paled. “The food and drinks here were carefully inspected. How could it be poisoned?”

As soon as those words escaped her lips, more pained wails came from the crowd as a woman in a gown suddenly fell to the floor, convulsing, bleeding out of her nose.

“T–there’s poison in the wine!” she yelled, terrified.

Immediately, pandemonium ensued as everyone in the room panicked.

Those who hadn’t drunk the wine quickly tossed their glasses aside, while those who had quickly became frightened and broke out in a cold sweat.

Unfortunately, that was not the end.

After the first women, people began toppling over like dominoes, and more tortured wails rang out.

One after another, guests fell to the floor, blue–faced, convulsing, and bleeding out of their noses.

Within moments, more than half of the guests cried out in pain on the floor.

The few unharmed people remained rooted in their positions as they looked around, terrified. Within minutes, the once happy atmosphere had turned into complete hell!

Chapter 454

“What’s going on? Who did this?”

Natasha’s brow furrowed tightly as she studied the people on the floor, her face turning cold. Things would still be fine if only a few people were poisoned. Now, however, hundreds of people had been poisoned simultaneously. The consequences would be detrimental

The person who did this clearly only had one aim–to get rid of the Harmon family, once and for all!

“Dad! Mom! Uncles!”
Ruth panicked after seeing her family fall to the floor consecutively and darted toward them, but before she could reach them, she also spat out blood before crashing to the floor.

“Ruth!” Natasha paled. She was about to rush forward, but Dustin pulled her back. “Don’t go there. It’s the air that’s poisonous, not the wine!”

“Then, what should we do? We have to save them!” Natasha cried worriedly, struggling to keep calm when faced with her poisoned family members.

“Take this pill first.”
Dustin drew out a white pill and put it into Natasha’s mouth. It was a Curax, which was an antidote for poisons.

“To cure them, we have to first find the source of the poison. Give me some time.”

After ensuring Natasha’s safety, Dustin began scanning the room. For the poison to escape his notice, it must either be colorless and odorless or successfully fused into the environment.

“The Dark Lord! It must have been him!” Trent yelled as he lay on the floor, his agitation prompting him to throw up more blood.

“I get it now. The Dark Lord must be trying to use this opportunity to get rid of our entire family!” Jacob seethed through gritted teeth. As a powerful martial artist, his body was better than most, and his symptoms were less severe than others. Still, he would die from the poison sooner or later.

“Him again! It’s been years! Why can’t he let us go?” Hector coughed violently, his face turning as white as a sheet as his condition began to deteriorate. There was no way he’d be fine after suffering another bout of
poisoning before he even fully recovered from the previous round.

Currently, the only ones in the hall left standing were Dustin and Natasha. Everyone else was lying on the floor, howling in pain.

“Found it!” Dustin quickly noticed the anomaly.

Four incense burners had been placed in each corner of the hall, white smoking billowing out from them continuously. Upon closer inspection, Dustin realized that all of the incense had been tampered with.

Poisoned gas mixed with the scent of Incense was normally difficult for anyone to notice.

After getting rid of the source, Dustin pulled out several Curax tablets and fed them to Hector and several ɓothers.

“Natasha, get me two buckets of water.” Dustin turned around and ordered.

“Okay.”

Natasha rushed out without hesitation, reappearing moments later, carrying two buckets of water.

Dustin pulled out his bottle of Hexanavir and poured half a bottle into each bucket. There were over hundreds of poisoned victims, and he didn’t have enough Curax, so the only temporary fix left was Hexanavir.

It may not be as effective as Curax, but it could at least stop them from dying.

“Feed all the victims half a bowl of water,” Dustin instructed and got to work.

Those who were able to move crawled over to the bucket themselves, so Dustin and Natasha only had to feed those who could no longer move.