The Protector (The Return of God Of War)

CHAPTER 1
In Erudia, a private jet landed at North Hampton Airport, where all international flights experienced an eight-hour delay because of it.
At the private passageway were five men in suits and leather shoes, standing as straight as a javelin.

Every now and then, they would raise their wrist to look at the time, for a big shot was coming to town.
The upper-class society of North Hampton had learned about his arrival, but no one had the capability to get an inch closer to the private passageway.
Even the richest man in North Hampton who came to pay homage was chased away.
Finally, there were movements coming from the passageway.

“God of War!!!” the mass cried out, their eyes filled with awe and veneration at the sight of the undefeatable legend of Erudia.
He, who was dubbed the God of War, was the one and only five-star war God in the history of Erudia.
Once, he’d inflicted a crushing defeat on the strongest battalions in eighteen countries. He was an overbearing and formidable man.
He who overwhelmed the world with his unparalleled power had even created the Five Great Wars Regiment, Cavalry Regiment, and many more.

Setting foot on his homeland, Levi Garrison was overcome with emotions.
Once upon a time, he used to be an orphan who was abandoned on the streets of North Hampton and then adopted by the Garrison family.
However, the Garrison family had never been fond of him.
His adoptive parents, who had a tendency to beat and scold him, treated him like an outsider.
As for the outsiders, they treated him as a nobody.
But he didn’t care a stiver. He had always been proud of his surname since he was a child, and he strived to bring glory to this family when he grew older.
At last, Levi had established Levi Group, the largest dark horse in North Hampton’s business community.
With billions of assets, it ranked among the forefront of North Hampton, pushing the declining Garrison family to the top.
However, not only did the Garrison family showed no signs of appreciation, they even harbored dissatisfaction towards him. Jealous of his success, they regarded him as a thorn in their flesh and coveted Levi Group.
No matter his wealth and power, unless they were in control, he was just an outsider in the Garrison family’s eyes.
Eventually, on Levi’s wedding night, the Garrison family plotted a frame-up against him by getting him drunk before tossing him onto his sister-in-law’s bed. They wanted to create the illusion that he was doing something untoward to her and was caught in bed by his brother and adoptive parents.
That night, the Garrison family had brutally broken his limbs and left him on the road like a wild dog.
Not only was he handicapped, but he also had to take the flak for something he didn’t commit.
From an upstart in the business world, he had become the target of disdain overnight.
And the next day, he had been punished for several crimes and sentenced to six years in prison.
He could never forget the ruthless and sinister faces of everyone in the Garrison family and the ridicule of his friends, classmates, and business partners.
More so, he could never forget the disappointment on his newly wedded wife, Zoey’s face.
He had regarded the Garrison family as his home and devoted himself to the family.
Yet, they treated him like trash.
It felt as if a knife was being twisted in his heart every time he thought about this.
How he hated the Garrison family!
But who would have thought that Levi had been secretly transferred away from prison to join the military?
In a few years, he dominated the military world and became the one and only five-star God of War.
Now that he came back, the Garrison family ought to stay on their toes.
“How’s it going, Azure Dragon?” Levi asked.
Azure Dragon, the commander of the Five Great Wars Regiment, took a step forward and said respectfully, “Sir, I’m afraid your wife, Ms. Zoey Lopez will remarry at ten o’clock tonight!”
Ever since Zoey’s husband was sent to prison on their wedding night, she had been living like a widow.
Only God knew how much pressure she was put under.
And right now, the person Levi couldn’t wait to see the most was Zoey.
After a moment of hesitation, Azure Dragon continued, “To add on, Sir, the Garrison family is holding a successful listing celebration banquet at the Crystal Palace Hotel tonight! Many people had invited the God of War just now, including the Garrison family, but I didn’t accept nor refuse directly.”
“What time?” Levi asked tersely.
“Eight o’clock, Sir.”
“Okay. Tell the Garrison family I will attend the banquet!”
Since the time for the two events didn’t clash, Levi gladly accepted the invitation.
The celebration banquet for the public listing of Garrison Group was held at North Hampton’s Crystal Palace Hotel.
With the help of Levi Group, they had become a rich and powerful family in one fell swoop.
The hall was bustling with noise and excitement, and sounds of glasses clinking could be heard ringing in the air every now and then.
“God bless the Garrison family,” said Joseph, the head of the Garrison family. “The younger generations are the stars among men. Garrison Group is now listed and has become an upstart in North Hampton!”
Joseph’s three sons and daughter welcomed their guests with bright smiles on their faces.
The younger generation of the Garrison family was all the smugger and prouder because, after today, the Garrison family would become a powerful family, and they would become one of the top rich kids.
Most of the guests who attended today’s banquet were from the top circle in North Hampton.
“Garrison, do you know what happened today?! Your celebration party is nothing compared to that.” They were gossiping about the major event that had happened today.
“Yeah! I heard that a big shot has arrived in North Hampton!”
“The richest man in North Hampton wanted to meet him but was shooed away. Apparently, he’s not qualified enough!”
“So? Jesse Nielsen had been waiting for five hours in advance at the airport!”
Joseph nodded. “Yes, I know about that too. I even sent someone to invite this big shot to the celebration party!”
“No way! Why would this big shot attend such a party?”
No one believed it.
In fact, as an upstart, Joseph was just trying his luck.
“Dad!” shouted Jaycob, the second eldest son of the Garrison family could be seen running over. “The big shot has accepted our invitation to attend our celebration banquet! He’s on the way!”
“Jesus! God has indeed blessed the Garrison family!”
Everyone in the Garrison family could barely conceal their delight as this was their chance to reach the sky in a single bound.
The grandchildren of the Garrison family gathered together, sunshine flooding their souls.
Levi’s brother, Bryan, and sister-in-law, Victoria, smiled. “Well, it all starts with Levi’s imprisonment that the Garrison family is at where we are today…”
“Right, speaking about Levi, do you guys know today’s the day that kid gets out of prison?!” somebody asked abruptly.
“Really? Isn’t that bad luck? Why did he have to be released on such a big day?!”
“Please, please, please don’t come back! He’s the Garrison family’s biggest disgrace!”
Victoria’s lips tugged into a sneer. “Speaking of which, Levi is the crowning glory of the Garrison family’s status today.”
“That’s what he’s supposed to do!” Bryan said. “He should contribute to the Garrison family for raising him, an orphan! His multi-billion Levi Group means nothing. To put it bluntly, he’s just a dog raised by the Garrison family!”
Someone gave a chortle. “As a matter of fact, I’ve been interested in Levi’s wife for a long time now. She’s still widowed, and I’m so going to marry her!”
The man’s remark caused gales of laughter.
“Everyone, stop what you’re doing. I have an important announcement to make,” Joseph said and went on to announce that the big shot was coming.
A thunderous applause was heard.
But when the applause had died down, there was still someone clapping.
The sound was loud and clear, approaching from afar.
On the red carpet, a man came clapping, looking bold and energetic.
His stride gave off a majestic and imposing aura, which made the mass hold their breaths.
“It’s Levi!” Bryan and Victoria exclaimed.
Suddenly, all eyes were riveted on him.
“I forgot this little brat got out of jail today!” Levi’s adoptive parents spoke in unison.
Ignoring the astonished gazes darted at his way, Levi walked step by step towards Joseph.
“A little bird told me that the company is now listed. How are you feeling, Joseph? Are you happy?”
Levi flashed him a meaningful smile.
“How dare you show up here, you insolent brat! And what did you just call me?” Joseph’s fury sprang to life.
“Who let him in? Didn’t you know he just got out of prison? How inauspicious!”
Bryan rose to his feet. “What the hell are you doing here, Levi?”
Levi sized him up. “Why can’t I be here?”
“Well, for starters, you’re an orphan! The Garrison family has raised you, but you were ambitious and ungrateful. You had inordinate ambitions for your sister-in-law, and you wanted to take possession of the Garrison family! You’d even tried to kill your parents when things go south! Have you no conscience? Do you have any sense of morality left in your heart?”
“You’ve lost your reputation in North Hampton, and everyone knows that. Have you no shame to have the brass neck to come round here?”

Last edited:
Chapter 1046
“Mom, what did just you say? You’re not attending the wedding?”

Levi and Zoey stared at Emma in disbelief.

Emma mumbled, “Mm. I’m not feeling well, so I won’t be attending.”

“Mom, are you alright?”

Both of them started to worry.

“I’m fine. It’s just that my body doesn’t feel too good. You both should hurry up and get ready.”

Emma shook her head.

“You two should go now. There are many things to be done over there. Since she said she’s not attending, just let her be!” Meredith said coldly.

Hence, Levi and Zoey did not dwell too much on it either.

After they left, a smile appeared on Meredith’s face. “You did well. It’s better for everyone if you didn’t attend the wedding!”

“I know, right? You’d be embarrassing the hell out of all of us if you attended.”

“Yeah! Both the Lopez and Black families want to keep our dignities intact at a wedding of this magnitude.”

Emma could only silently endure the verbal bashings from both the Lopez and Black families.

She hid in a corner and watched the wedding in silence.

It was her own son’s wedding, but she had to witness it from the shadows.

Just before the wedding began, all the guests were ushered into the venue.

There were even numerous media reporters among them.

They weren’t arranged by Levi, but were here for Zoey instead.

After all, Zoey was a well-known entrepreneur and her wedding would no doubt rule the headlines.

Meredith, who was gathered together with her family, observed the guests and exclaimed, “That little brat reap the benefits of our hard work!”

“It’s useless dwelling on that now! We can only hope that Levi has indeed prepared a little surprise for us!”

Aaron only shook his head in response. “Mom, Dad, don’t have any high hopes! According to my understanding of Levi, he wouldn’t have anything prepared for us.”

They sighed. “Well, let’s just wait and see! We don’t have any other choice!”

It was Zoey’s big day today, but her relatives did not seem to be happy for her at all as they complained behind her back.

Today, Levi was clad in a white wedding suit, his muscular body filling it perfectly.

“Sir, your other attire is ready as well,” Azure Dragon announced beside him.

Of course, the other attire he was referring to was none other than Levi’s Five-Star God of War military uniform!

In Erudia, this was the only military uniform with a five-star insignia!

He planned to appear before Zoey in the most perfect way possible later.

He wanted to tell her that this was her husband!

Even all five members of the Five Great Wars Regiment would be in their military uniform.

This was the definition of a grand entrance.

“Alright. Let me know when we’re halfway through the ceremony and I’ll change!”

Meanwhile, Zoey was wearing a white bridal dress which had Erudian culture woven into it. The dress accentuated every curve on her body, resembling a waterfall cascading downwards as it pooled on the floor.

Her beauty was absolutely breathtaking and could shake the entire world.

Just as Levi said, Erudians stayed true to their culture.

The moment Zoey appeared, the crowd cheered.

They sighed inwardly, thinking what a waste it was for a stunning beauty like Zoey to be wedded to Levi, who was such a sorry excuse of a man.

“What did we ever do to deserve such misfortune? Zoey was never supposed to marry him!”

Aaron sighed and kept hitting the table with his fist.

“That’s right! Look at the friends and relatives behind Levi. None of them are impressive!” Harry bellowed in anger.

Meredith and Robert were shaking with rage as well.

If Levi failed to give them a pleasant surprise today, they would no doubt demand an explanation from him.

Suddenly, hundreds of cars screeched to a stop outside.

All of them were luxury cars.

A magnificent scene like that shocked many people. Harry and the rest were no exception.

He was puzzled. “Whose relatives are they? Why don’t I have any recollection of them?”

Meredith and her family shook their heads with similarly clueless looks on their faces. “I don’t think they’re relatives from our side of the family either.”
More master.. I shall grant your 1000 years spiritual items worth for cultivation

Chapter 1045
Out of their uniforms, the men could not look more ordinary than they were, currently.

They had paid for the economy class tickets out of their own pockets and had boarded the plane just like everyone else.

They wanted nothing extravagant and had no interest in abusing their privileges because they had the intention of attending Levi’s wedding as friends.

“You can determine how successful a person is by looking at the people who have surrounded him. By the looks of it, you seem way out of Zoey’s league,” mocked Logan’s relatives.

“I bet that you didn’t even get a single big shot to attend your wedding.”

Amongst the relatives and friends that Levi had invited to his wedding, Jason was the only one that Meredith had considered important; the Lopezes and the Blacks wanted nothing more than to drive the rest away.

Ezra was displeased when he realized how Levi’s relatives treated the man.

Neither Ezra nor the others thought that the God of War should receive such treatment.

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell them everything tomorrow,” assured Levi with a smile, for he was looking forward to it himself.

When they reached home, Levi excitedly introduced Ezra and others to Zoey.

“Hello, everyone. I’m Ezra Williamson from the West.”

“Todd Greenwood from the North.”

“Wilfrid Harrett from the East.”

“Darton Rogier from the South.”

“Siegfried Adkins from the Central.”

After the Commanders-In-Chief of the Nine Warzones introduced themselves, the Four Guardians did the same.

“Manfred Reyes of the East Gate.”

“Howell Dinwiddie of the West Gate.”

“Geoffrey Meskill of the South Gate.”

“Benjamin Dickinson of the North Gate.”

Other than the Nine Warzones, Erudia also had the Four National Gates, which had consisted of the North Gate, South Gate, East Gate, and West Gate.

Those gates had guarded the borders of Erudia for thousands of years, preventing countless invasions.

The Four Guardians were the ones who would watch over the gates as they guarded the nation against attacks.

Levi’s other friends also introduced themselves one by one.

Nevertheless, only those who were in the military knew what they were talking about.

“What’s a North Warzone, and what’s a West Gate? I have no idea what you guys are talking about!” exclaimed Aaron in confusion.

Aaron was not the only one who was confused. Rather, Zoey was confused as well.

“Your friends are just the same as you, Levi. A bunch of weirdos!” remarked Caitlyn.

“If you ask me, they sound like a bunch of hooligans!”

The Lopezes and the Blacks had nothing but contempt for Levi’s friends.

What kind of friends does Levi surround himself with?

And it’s not just a few of them.

There are dozens of these hooligans!

In the end, only Zoey and Emma welcomed Ezra and the others.

That night, Benny merely congratulated Levi through a video call because he was too occupied at the moment.

“I’ll visit Oakland City soon, Mr. Quinton. See you then.”

After Benny’s video call, Abigail also called to congratulate Levi.

Abigail was supposed to attend the wedding, but she had suddenly changed her mind when she thought of what happened previously.

“Where are you?” asked Levi.

“I’m in Oakland City,” answered Abigail honestly, for she was in South Hampton when she heard that Levi was in North Hampton.

To avoid Levi, Abigail left South Hampton and went to Oakland City.

“I see. Maybe I’ll head over visit you some day.”

Afterward, Levi received one congratulation after the other, and that was how he had spent the remainder of the night before his wedding.

The next day, the wedding finally commenced.
Thanks a lot for your effort.

Chapter 1048

“Didn’t I tell you Levi is a great man? But all of you even tried to stop me back then.”
“See? He’s worthy after all. I completely approve of Levi!”
Aaron scoffed and ridiculed the others.
“Yes. Who wouldn’t like a good young man such as Levi?”

The Lopez and Black families had completely contradicted their previous selves.
This huge change in attitude was brought about by the knowledge of Levi’s status as the grandson of the Joneses.
Zoey felt very uneasy listening to them.
She didn’t want Levi to rely on his family background, but instead shine because of his own efforts.
However, her family only acknowledged him because of his background.
Zoey looked at Levi’s side profile, hoping that the surprise he had for her would be because of his own hard work and not because of others.
Otherwise, she would be extremely disappointed.
Thereafter, Master Grover Cooke of the Southern Union and his Four Kings arrived at the wedding ceremony.
This caused an uproar within the Lopez and Black families because they had always looked up to those big figures.
Later on, several other people showed up as well.
They were the Garrisons from Haven, Jonah Garrison and his family.
Boom!
His attendance shocked everyone present.
Even Xabian Goel and his family could not sit still at the sight of the Garrisons, immediately scurrying over to greet them.
The Garrison family was a force to be reckoned with.
Meredith and the others trembled in their places, unable to move as if their legs were made of lead.
These surprises are getting too overwhelming!
They’re considered an imperial family, which is superior to the royal families.
And they’re here for Levi’s wedding?
Who exactly is he?
Indeed, he saved the best for last!
Aaron wiped the cold sweat off his brow. “Levi, you’re really overwhelming us with your surprises. From now on, whatever you say goes in the family!”
“Yes. From now on, you’re in charge of the Lopez and Black families.”
Both Harry and Robert gave Levi their consent.
Everyone’s snobbish sides were on full display at this moment.
Earlier, they had even prevented Emma from attending the wedding.
At present, only Zoey and Emma felt uncomfortable.
Both women exchanged glances and sighed softly.
They thought that the appearance of the Garrisons from Haven was not a good sign.
However, they did not know about Levi’s relation to the Garrison family and assumed that the latter was sent by the Garrison clan from Oakland City.
Zoey did not see this as a surprise at all.
Levi smiled. “Dad, this isn’t the surprise I’ve prepared for you. In fact, it’s far from it!”
“Boy, how can this not be a surprise? This is one of the imperial families! An imperial family is here for your wedding! What else can top this as a surprise?” Aaron chuckled.
Levi grinned in response.
Jonah Garrison’s presence is really nothing much to be excited about.
Over there are Ezra Williamson and the other Commander-In-Chiefs of the Nine Warzones, as well as the Four Guardians. Which one of them won’t own the room if given the chance?
“Since Levi says there’s another surprise, why are you still doubting him? Just wait and see.”
Meredith shot a glare at Aaron.
Both families were looking forward to Levi’s final surprise.
Zoey was no exception.
She didn’t want Levi’s surprise to be all of this.
She wanted him to give her a surprise which was sculpted by his own two hands.
Very soon, all of the guests had arrived.
The wedding ceremony was about to begin.
Meanwhile, in North Hampton.
Damien had just left his place.
“The wedding is almost starting. We’ll be just in time if we rush over now!” Damien grinned.
“You’re right, Mr. Damien!” said his subordinate.
“Has the gift been prepared?” Damien queried.
“Yes!”
An eerie smile played on the corner of Damien’s lips. “I think you’ll like my gift, Levi Garrison. Hahahaha…”
“Wishing you a happy marriage!”
Damien threw his head back with laughter.

Chapter 1049
Just then, Damien received a call from Tyrone.

“Damien, I heard that it’s his wedding today?” Tyrone asked.

“Yeah. I’m about to head over there,” Damien answered.

There was momentary silence before Tyrone spoke, “Try to resolve things as peacefully as possible and don’t cause any deaths. If he gives in and begs the Garrison family, you can choose to let him off the hook! After all, many people know about his existence. Killing him won’t benefit our family.”

“Rest assured, Father. I’ve prepared a huge gift for that bas*ard. I’ll make him kneel at my feet and beg for mercy. Of course, it won’t be easy getting me to spare him. He has to pay a painful price for his actions.” Damien sneered.

“Mmm. You go ahead and take care of it then! I’m mainly concerned about the undesirable consequences we might face because of this. Other than that, I don’t care much about his wellbeing, so just do as you see fit.”

With that, Tyrone ended the call.

Zoey’s friends and relatives who attended the wedding this time were more or less the same people.

On the other hand, Levi’s guests took up more than half of the venue and livened up the occasion.

His mother, sister and many other close friends were present.

Only his late best friend, Morris, was absent. But his parents had come in person.

To Levi, the wedding this time was perfect and enough to compensate for all the regrets from the past six years.

It was the same for Zoey.

Before long, the wedding officially began.

Zoey held onto Aaron’s arm as they walked towards Levi.

Both of them tightly embraced each other.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

At that exact moment, two troops of men in black suits marched into the venue in a neat and orderly manner.

Besides that, there were people pushing in cannons behind them.

Of course, those were firework cannons.

These people were from the Dragon Legion and led by Alfie Steele.

Once everything was set in place, Alfie commanded, “Fire!”

Ceremonial fireworks shot up into the sky, resulting in booming sounds reverberating through the whole area.

The atmosphere was extremely joyous.

Compared to six years ago, Zoey was much more satisfied now.

In fact, she was on the verge of shedding tears of joy.

“Honey, don’t get emotional just yet. This isn’t even the real surprise.”

Levi helped Zoey to dab away her tears.

“Mm, I’m waiting,” Zoey replied.

The wedding ceremony went on as planned.

Meanwhile, the Lopez and Black families were getting more impatient by the second.

When is Levi’s actual surprise going to be revealed?

They could barely wait a second longer.

The first half of the wedding was over.

“Next up, let’s listen to the groom’s heartfelt confession!”

The host passed the microphone to Levi.

After taking over the microphone, Levi greeted everyone present first.

Finally, he directed his gaze towards Zoey.

“Zoey, thank you for staying with me until this day!”

Levi held Zoey’s hand as he spoke.

“Over the years, you have been wronged and have suffered too much. I know about it all!”

“Even when I was down and out, you never once belittled me. You only wished for me to get back on my feet! Having you beside me for the rest of my life is more than enough for me.”

Tears were already streaming down Zoey’s cheeks by then.

“Zoey, more than anything else, I understand that you don’t want me to rely on anyone else other than myself to give you a huge surprise.”

“Well, the surprise is coming right up! Please wait a moment and I’ll tell you once I’m back. I’ll prove to you that your man can rule the world!”

The wedding came to a brief cessation.

Levi, Azure Dragon and several of them went to the changing room.

All of them changed into their military uniforms.

At that moment, Levi’s commanding and majestic aura was in full force.

He didn’t forget to grab the gift he had prepared beforehand as well.

Chapter 1049
Just then, Damien received a call from Tyrone.

“Damien, I heard that it’s his wedding today?” Tyrone asked.

“Yeah. I’m about to head over there,” Damien answered.

There was momentary silence before Tyrone spoke, “Try to resolve things as peacefully as possible and don’t cause any deaths. If he gives in and begs the Garrison family, you can choose to let him off the hook! After all, many people know about his existence. Killing him won’t benefit our family.”

“Rest assured, Father. I’ve prepared a huge gift for that bas*ard. I’ll make him kneel at my feet and beg for mercy. Of course, it won’t be easy getting me to spare him. He has to pay a painful price for his actions.” Damien sneered.

“Mmm. You go ahead and take care of it then! I’m mainly concerned about the undesirable consequences we might face because of this. Other than that, I don’t care much about his wellbeing, so just do as you see fit.”

With that, Tyrone ended the call.

Zoey’s friends and relatives who attended the wedding this time were more or less the same people.

On the other hand, Levi’s guests took up more than half of the venue and livened up the occasion.

His mother, sister and many other close friends were present.

Only his late best friend, Morris, was absent. But his parents had come in person.

To Levi, the wedding this time was perfect and enough to compensate for all the regrets from the past six years.

It was the same for Zoey.

Before long, the wedding officially began.

Zoey held onto Aaron’s arm as they walked towards Levi.

Both of them tightly embraced each other.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

At that exact moment, two troops of men in black suits marched into the venue in a neat and orderly manner.

Besides that, there were people pushing in cannons behind them.

Of course, those were firework cannons.

These people were from the Dragon Legion and led by Alfie Steele.

Once everything was set in place, Alfie commanded, “Fire!”

Ceremonial fireworks shot up into the sky, resulting in booming sounds reverberating through the whole area.

The atmosphere was extremely joyous.

Compared to six years ago, Zoey was much more satisfied now.

In fact, she was on the verge of shedding tears of joy.

“Honey, don’t get emotional just yet. This isn’t even the real surprise.”

Levi helped Zoey to dab away her tears.

“Mm, I’m waiting,” Zoey replied.

The wedding ceremony went on as planned.

Meanwhile, the Lopez and Black families were getting more impatient by the second.

When is Levi’s actual surprise going to be revealed?

They could barely wait a second longer.

The first half of the wedding was over.

“Next up, let’s listen to the groom’s heartfelt confession!”

The host passed the microphone to Levi.

After taking over the microphone, Levi greeted everyone present first.

Finally, he directed his gaze towards Zoey.

“Zoey, thank you for staying with me until this day!”

Levi held Zoey’s hand as he spoke.

“Over the years, you have been wronged and have suffered too much. I know about it all!”

“Even when I was down and out, you never once belittled me. You only wished for me to get back on my feet! Having you beside me for the rest of my life is more than enough for me.”

Tears were already streaming down Zoey’s cheeks by then.

“Zoey, more than anything else, I understand that you don’t want me to rely on anyone else other than myself to give you a huge surprise.”

“Well, the surprise is coming right up! Please wait a moment and I’ll tell you once I’m back. I’ll prove to you that your man can rule the world!”

The wedding came to a brief cessation.

Levi, Azure Dragon and several of them went to the changing room.

All of them changed into their military uniforms.

At that moment, Levi’s commanding and majestic aura was in full force.

He didn’t forget to grab the gift he had prepared beforehand as well.
So so lovely 😍😍😍

Chapter 1050
Azure Dragon and Kirin adjusted Levi’s uniform.

Then, four of them stepped to the side and saluted him.

Levi returned their salutes.

Upon donning their uniforms, their identities had completely changed.

They were not the only ones who changed out of their clothes.

Even Ezra and the others had done the same.

After all, Levi wanted to give Zoey the best surprise ever!

The man she was waiting for was now officially Erudia’s God of War.

The Lopez and Black families were anxiously waiting to be surprised while Levi and his men had gone off to change.

“What’s going on? What surprise has he prepared?”

Aaron was so nervous that he became slightly out of breath.

The others were not faring any better either.

They racked their brains as they tried to guess what kind of surprise could top the attendance of the Jones family and the Garrisons from Haven.

However, none came close to it.

Each of them felt their throats go dry as they awaited the big reveal.

Zoey was the most tormented one out of them all.

It was only several minutes, but it felt as if centuries had passed for her.

The wait was indeed too torturous.

Russell and Jonah, who somewhat knew that truth, were also at the edge of their seats.

They were certain that Levi would appear as the God of War later.

When that happened, everyone would no doubt be thrown off their seats.

Although Emma was excited, she had a vague premonition of an imminent disaster.

After all, the Garrison family knew about the wedding today.

In the villa.

Levi and the rest were all dressed in their military uniforms.

“Get into formation!” Levi commanded.

With that, everyone formed two rows.

Levi stood in the center.

“On my command. Move out!”

Thud! Thud! Thud!

They marched towards the wedding venue.

Vroom…

Suddenly, a commotion sounded from outside.

One by one, vehicles had come to a halt just beyond the gates.

Many people stepped out of the vehicles.

The one taking the lead was none other than Damien Garrison.

By then, the Royal Villa was surrounded by thousands of people.

After all, Damien’s safety was of top priority.

The ruckus outside grabbed the attention of the guests at the wedding. Everyone stood up to get a peek of the situation.

“What? There’s still someone coming for the wedding at this hour?”

Everyone was confused.

“Or is this the surprise Levi prepared for us?”

Unable to wait anymore, Aaron and several others got to their feet and went to greet the newcomers.

Boom!

However, when Emma and a few others heard the noise, their faces fell.

Her worries had come true.

This was inevitable.

“I’m not late, am I?” A voice abruptly rang out.

Everyone looked over and saw a handsome young man languidly walking in with dozens of people in tow.

Those fighters were all the best of the best.

“Who is this?”

The guests were baffled

Just right then, Jonah Garrison and his family stepped forward. “Greetings, Mr. Damien!”

“Mr. Damien?”

Confusion was still sprawled across everyone’s faces.

After all, someone of his status was far from their reach.

Aaron came forward with a flattering smile. “Sir, you must be here for my son-in-law, Levi.”

“Yes, you’re right. I’m here to attend Levi Garrison’s wedding. I even prepared a huge gift for him!” Damien’s mouth stretched into a broad grin.

“Please, come in! Come in!”

They welcomed Damien and his company into the venue.

Although they did not know Damien’s identity, from his appearance and demeanor, they could tell that he was no ordinary man.

His identity would no doubt come as a shock to the guests.

His grand entrance alone was enough to differentiate him from the rest.

Damien did not take a seat, but went to the stage and grabbed the microphone from the host instead. Then, he asked with a smile, “Where is Levi Garrison?”

Chapter 1051

The troop which had just exited the villa paused in their march upon hearing the man’s voice.

“What’s going on?”

Levi had already sensed the imminent danger.

White Tiger carefully assessed their surroundings.

He gasped softly and reported, “Fighters! The whole place has been surrounded by elite fighters!”

“Mm, you’re right. There are at least a thousand of them and their numbers are still increasing,” Ezra added.

These killing machines from the battlefield had already sensed the presence of Damien’s men.

“Phoenix, what’s the situation at the front?” Levi asked.

“Jonah Garrison addressed him as Mr. Damien. So it’s probably Damien Garrison,” Phoenix answered.

“Alright, understood,” said Levi.

“Should we get into battle right away?” Ezra queried.

“No. Let’s change back into our previous attire. For the time being, I don’t want to expose my identity to Damien. I’ll only reveal my identity after I’ve brought down his family! It’s not appropriate to do it right now.”

Ezra’s eyes widened in surprise. “What? Boss! I know that you don’t want the Garrison family to know your identity, but you’ve already promised to give your wife a surprise. Are you going to keep hiding it from her?”

The others also stared at Levi with doubt.

He sighed in response and said, “I don’t have a choice. I guess I’ll have to tell Zoey some other time.”

“Besides, Damien isn’t here to genuinely congratulate me on my wedding!” Levi sighed.

“Alright. Let’s all change back into our previous attire!”

Soon, everyone was back in their original clothes.

On the stage.

“While waiting for the groom, allow me to introduce myself!”

“My name is Damien Garrison, and I’m from the Garrison clan of Oakland City!”

Hearing this, everyone only noted that Levi and Damien had the same surnames, and did not think much about it.

After all, no one present was privy to the details of the Garrison clan from Oakland City.

Even Xabian Goel did not have a deep understanding of that clan.

Only Emma, Zoey and a handful of people were terrified by this.

Damien’s lips curled upwards upon seeing the clueless looks of the audience.

As expected, they’re a bunch of oblivious commoners.

They are so ignorant.

They don’t even know what the Garrison clan is?

It’s no wonder Levi is completely full of himself to the point of disrespecting the Garrison clan. It’s all because he grew up in an environment like this.

Pathetic.

A bunch of ignorant idiots.

Damien sneered. “Perhaps all of you don’t fully understand the workings of the Garrison clan. Allow me to enlighten you. A servant from my family by the name of Caleb had ruled over the entire South Hampton for almost thirty years.”

Everyone gasped when they heard this and looked towards the families from South Hampton for confirmation.

Xabian Goel and the other relevant families nodded, confirming that what he said was indeed true.

Everyone was dumbfounded.

This particular Garrison family must be immensely powerful!

“The Garrison clan from Oakland City is also known as the most powerful ancient family in the country, the Head of Erudia!” Damien announced.

The crowd gasped once again.

After getting the clearer picture of things, everyone was shell-shocked.

Aaron and his family gradually regained their senses.

Levi shares the same surname as them.

Could he be related to the Garrison clan from Oakland City?

Could this be the final surprise Levi prepared for us?

“Could Levi be a member of the Garrison clan from Oakland City?”

Aaron’s face brightened with excitement.

Everyone glanced expectantly at Damien.

Damien scoffed. “No. He isn’t qualified to be a member of our clan.”

These people are indeed hoi polloi.

They’re thinking of riding on Levi Garrison’s coattails?

In their dreams!

A lowly beggar like him doesn’t hold a candle to me.

“Huh?”

Disappointment was written across the faces of Aaron and the others.

Right at that moment, Levi led his men back to the wedding.

“You’ve got some guts coming to my wedding, Damien. Where did you even pluck the courage from?” Levi growled.

Chapter 1050
Azure Dragon and Kirin adjusted Levi’s uniform.

Then, four of them stepped to the side and saluted him.

Levi returned their salutes.

Upon donning their uniforms, their identities had completely changed.

They were not the only ones who changed out of their clothes.

Even Ezra and the others had done the same.

After all, Levi wanted to give Zoey the best surprise ever!

The man she was waiting for was now officially Erudia’s God of War.

The Lopez and Black families were anxiously waiting to be surprised while Levi and his men had gone off to change.

“What’s going on? What surprise has he prepared?”

Aaron was so nervous that he became slightly out of breath.

The others were not faring any better either.

They racked their brains as they tried to guess what kind of surprise could top the attendance of the Jones family and the Garrisons from Haven.

However, none came close to it.

Each of them felt their throats go dry as they awaited the big reveal.

Zoey was the most tormented one out of them all.

It was only several minutes, but it felt as if centuries had passed for her.

The wait was indeed too torturous.

Russell and Jonah, who somewhat knew that truth, were also at the edge of their seats.

They were certain that Levi would appear as the God of War later.

When that happened, everyone would no doubt be thrown off their seats.

Although Emma was excited, she had a vague premonition of an imminent disaster.

After all, the Garrison family knew about the wedding today.

In the villa.

Levi and the rest were all dressed in their military uniforms.

“Get into formation!” Levi commanded.

With that, everyone formed two rows.

Levi stood in the center.

“On my command. Move out!”

Thud! Thud! Thud!

They marched towards the wedding venue.

Vroom…

Suddenly, a commotion sounded from outside.

One by one, vehicles had come to a halt just beyond the gates.

Many people stepped out of the vehicles.

The one taking the lead was none other than Damien Garrison.

By then, the Royal Villa was surrounded by thousands of people.

After all, Damien’s safety was of top priority.

The ruckus outside grabbed the attention of the guests at the wedding. Everyone stood up to get a peek of the situation.

“What? There’s still someone coming for the wedding at this hour?”

Everyone was confused.

“Or is this the surprise Levi prepared for us?”

Unable to wait anymore, Aaron and several others got to their feet and went to greet the newcomers.

Boom!

However, when Emma and a few others heard the noise, their faces fell.

Her worries had come true.

This was inevitable.

“I’m not late, am I?” A voice abruptly rang out.

Everyone looked over and saw a handsome young man languidly walking in with dozens of people in tow.

Those fighters were all the best of the best.

“Who is this?”

The guests were baffled

Just right then, Jonah Garrison and his family stepped forward. “Greetings, Mr. Damien!”

“Mr. Damien?”

Confusion was still sprawled across everyone’s faces.

After all, someone of his status was far from their reach.

Aaron came forward with a flattering smile. “Sir, you must be here for my son-in-law, Levi.”

“Yes, you’re right. I’m here to attend Levi Garrison’s wedding. I even prepared a huge gift for him!” Damien’s mouth stretched into a broad grin.

“Please, come in! Come in!”

They welcomed Damien and his company into the venue.

Although they did not know Damien’s identity, from his appearance and demeanor, they could tell that he was no ordinary man.

His identity would no doubt come as a shock to the guests.

His grand entrance alone was enough to differentiate him from the rest.

Damien did not take a seat, but went to the stage and grabbed the microphone from the host instead. Then, he asked with a smile, “Where is Levi Garrison?”
This Damien deserves to be hanged

Chapter 1052
Damien looked towards the source of the voice.

As his eyes met with Levi’s, animosity filled the air.

In the small space, their gazes resembled sharp blades ferociously colliding with each other.

The tension in the air grew so thick it could be sliced with a blade.

This was the first time Levi came face-to-face with Damien.

The two half-brothers stared each other down, resembling old enemies.

They were filled with a sense of familiarity and foreignness at the same time.

“Huh? How dare you disrespect Mr. Damien? You’re courting death!”

Damien’s men who were flanking him disapproved of his behavior and wanted to kill him instantly.

In Oakland City, which was also the Garrison’s territory, no one dared to look Damien in the eye, let alone be speak to him in such a manner.

The way Levi was staring daggers at Damien was utterly disrespectful.

And disrespecting Damien meant death.

This was the rule set by the Garrison clan and everyone had to abide by it.

“Hold on!”

Damien waved a casual hand, gesturing for his men to stop.

Damien glanced at Levi and said, “You’re worse than I expected!”

“Especially when I saw the environment and people you’ve surrounded yourself with. It makes me even more disappointed!”

Levi’s smile broadened at that. “You’ve greatly disappointed me as well, because I’ve realized that you’re nothing but a child!”

Although Levi was only two years older than Damien, his experience in the past six years was something most people would never be able to gain even if they were given a lifetime.

Even someone with rich experiences such as Damien had to look up to him.

Hence, Damien really did seem like a child to him.

Absolutely childish!

Yet he wants to mess with me?

Levi wasn’t the least bit interested to play with a child.

Perhaps only Kenny and Tyrone Garrison would catch his attention, albeit barely.

“Is this all there is to the younger generation of the Garrisons?”

Levi spread out his hands.

“Hahahaha…” Out of everyone else’s expectations, Damien burst with laughter.

“I’ve long heard rumors saying that you were an insolent fool, and now I’ve seen it firsthand! You indeed live up to your reputation!”

Damien’s men cackled with laughter as well.

However, they were all mocking Levi.

A bas*ard child dares to look down on Damien?

Has he lost his mind?

Sure enough. People like him can’t differentiate between gold and dirt.

He is just a narrow-minded and ignorant pig.

His achievements in life would no doubt be limited as well.

Therefore, he’s not qualified to be associated with the Garrisons.

Damien scrutinized Levi and asked, “I wonder if you have the power to back your statement?”

“Of course I…”

Levi was about to answer when he was interrupted by Jason Lowe.

“Don’t speak too rashly, Levi! This is Mr. Damien you’re talking to! You obviously don’t know much about the Garrisons. Listen to me and stop provoking him!”

Even his close buddy, Mateo Jackman, advised him, “Levi, just bear with it. He’s not someone we can afford to offend.”

Emma came over to her son and offered him the same advice.

When Damien saw this, he laughed aloud. “It seems like there are some smart people here who know about my family’s influence!”

“They’re right, Levi. I’m not someone you can afford to offend. You really know too little about us. But once you get the gist of our power, you won’t be speaking so arrogantly anymore.”

Damien looked down his nose at Levi, sizing him up.

A murderous glint appeared in Levi’s eyes as one side of his mouth quirked up into a cold smirk.

Emma was holding onto him with a death grip.

“Son, don’t! We can’t offend them, so please bear with it!”

Damien’s gaze abruptly landed on Emma just then.

“So you’re Emma Jones! Tsk, tsk, tsk. To tell you the truth, my father’s taste back then was pretty bad. Or perhaps he was a blind fool. I mean, how could he have fallen for you?”

“Oh, I get it. You must’ve found a way to seduce my father, right?”

The moment these words left his lips, Damien felt the temperature around him drop sharply.

Just forget it, he won't be revealing his identity anymore, long ago I have gotten the scopes of all these authors after all once the expectations of their audience has been fulfilled the story won't worth it worth again

Chapter 1053

In an instant, Damien felt as if he was in the North Pole.

He shivered as a chill penetrated his body and seeped into his veins.

This was not simply a feeling, but something far more substantial.

Everyone present could feel the drastic drop in temperature.

One glance at Levi showed how livid he was.

Damien had spoken about his mother in such a way right in front of him.

Death was the only thing waiting for him!

Seeing Levi’s rage, Damien couldn’t help but smirk. “What? Are you angry? Well, this is a fact. If it weren’t for Emma Jones seducing my father, how could he have fallen for her? How could you have come to exist?”

“A b*tch giving birth to a bastard! What a joke!”

Damien’s men snickered alongside him.

“You’re courting your own death, you know that?” Levi’s voice deepened.

His eyes flashed menacingly.

“Boss, you can’t… This… This is your wedding…”

Ezra and the others who knew Levi well could tell that he was well and truly enraged this time.

Damien had really pushed all of his buttons.

Based on how Levi usually reacted on the battlefield, he would definitely go on a full-blown massacre.

Damien and his men would not be able to walk away alive today.

However, this was a wedding and Levi could not afford to ruin it.

Zoey and Emma were desperately holding Levi back, afraid that he might do something reckless on impulse.

“Calm down. This is your wedding! Don’t ruin it!”

Only then did Levi put a lid on his anger.

He did not wish for his and Zoey’s wedding to become a bloodbath either.

“What? Are you angry? Do you wanna kill me?”

Damien laughed evilly.

As expected of an impulsive person. I was able to provoke him with just a couple of words.

Why don’t you take a good look at who you’re facing, huh?

I’m Damien Garrison!

I’m a descendant of Erudia’s number one ancient family!

It was at this moment that everyone gradually understood.

Levi was indeed a member of the Garrison clan from Oakland City.

However, he was an illegitimate child.

A surprise?

This was indeed an earth-shattering surprise!

Meredith and the others were not angered or fearful in the least. On the contrary, they were brimming with excitement.

So what if he’s an illegitimate child of the Garrison family?

He’s still part of the Garrisons from Oakland City!

Perhaps he’s not welcomed by Oakland City’s Garrisons, but with his status as part of their family, Levi would be able to get whatever he wants.

Putting aside everything else, one word from Levi would be enough to place the Lopez and Black families on the throne overseeing the South.

This was indeed a surprise.

It turned out that Levi did not lie to them.

“Levi, this surprise of yours is too perfect. I can’t believe you’re a member of the Garrison clan from Oakland City!”

Aaron almost gave Levi a thumbs-up.

“A member of the Garrison clan from Oakland City? Hahaha… Who said that?” Damien scoffed.

“Isn’t he your older brother? That means he’s a member of the Garrison clan,” Aaron said matter-of-factly.

Two laser beams seemed to shoot out of Damien’s eyes. “The Garrison clan does not acknowledge him as one of us! Not just any Tom, Dick and Harry can enter our clan! He’s just a bas*ard child! What right does he have?”

“Huh? Mr. Damien, that can’t be right. Of course he has the right to be a part of your clan. At the very least, my son-in-law has the Garrison blood flowing in his veins, does he not?”

Aaron and the rest looked at Damien expectantly.

“Yes, yes, yes. We beseech you, Mr. Damien. Allow my son-in-law to enter your clan! He’s actually quite capable and can definitely contribute to your clan.”

Meredith and a few of them quickly pleaded with him, so that they could ride the coattails of the Garrisons from Oakland City.

They were so eager that they were about to grovel at Damien’s feet.

How could they let this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity slip through their fingers?

Damien touched his nose and smirked. “Allowing Levi to enter the Garrison clan isn’t completely impossible, but he has to fulfil some conditions…”

Last edited:
Chapter 1054
“Huh? What conditions? Please tell us, Mr. Damien!” Meredith blurted out.

Everyone cast curious glances at Damien.

Damien looked at Levi with a smug smile. “I want Levi to kneel at my feet and beg me! If you can kneel for half a day and beg me, perhaps I’ll let you off the hook, and even acknowledge you as part of our clan!”

“It’s either that, or getting each and every member of the Garrison clan to acknowledge you, if you have what it takes, of course. Then only can you be qualified enter the clan.”

Everyone completely dismissed the second condition upon hearing it.

Getting the acknowledgement of every member in the Garrison clan?

How capable would one have to be?

How could Levi possibly be able to do that!

His biggest accomplishment was Levi Group from six years ago.

However, Levi Group was nothing but a speck of dust to the Garrison clan.

Hence, everyone had come to the same conclusion. There was only one way Levi could only enter the Garrison clan; by begging on his knees.

Although this way was slightly humiliating, it was nothing compared to the glory of entering the Garrison clan.

Honestly speaking, many of them wouldn’t mind eating sh*t if it meant being a part of the Garrison clan, let alone getting on their knees to grovel a little.

Almost everyone present shared similar thoughts on this.

Once a person officially became a part of the clan, he or she would have an insurmountable position and receive infinite glory and wealth.

In fact, that description barely scraped the tip of the iceberg.

At that moment, everyone wished that they were Levi.

So that they could kneel before Damien at once.

Meredith stared at Damien and asked, “Mr. Damien, you can’t go back on your words. If Levi gets on his knees to beg you, can you really fulfil your earlier promise?”

“Hahaha. Of course! I’m Damien Garrison. So of course I have a responsibility to stay true to my words!”

He chuckled and continued, “Besides, there are so many people here to bear witness. Would I dare to ruin my family’s image?”

“That’s great!”

Meredith was so excited she could barely stay still.

The opportunity to be associated with the most powerful family in Erudia was right at within their grasps.

Meredith, Harry and the rest of them turned towards Levi. “Well, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and kneel before Mr. Damien!”

“That’s right. Don’t be so slow-witted, boy! Quickly get on your knees! Mr. Damien has already said that he’ll let you enter the Garrison clan if you beg him on your knees!”

Faced with the crowd’s urging, Levi did not move a muscle.

All he did was pin Damien a frosty stare.

“Levi, stop pretending. I know you’re eager to enter the Garrison clan. Why are you still pretending at a time like this? I’m telling you, you get have one chance at this. If you miss it, that’s it!”

“Besides, once you kneel and beg me, I’ll write off all your past mistakes too! You don’t want your mother and wife to get hurt because of you, right?” Damien said.

Zoey cast a nervous glance at Levi.

She was afraid that Levi would kneel in front of Damien.

He was a proud man.

If he got on his knees, Zoey might even have to reconsider marrying him.

Levi would have completely lost her respect if that happened.

At the same time, she believed that Levi would not kneel.

However, the circumstances were different right now.

Faced with a powerful figure such as Damien, Levi might really give in for the sake of his mother and her.

She was very worried.

“Levi, what are you waiting for? Quickly kneel and grovel a little. That’s all you have to do.”

Jason and Mateo advised him as well.

To all of them, Levi only needed to bend his knees and grovel, and he would be able to gain access to infinite power.

And also to all of them, bending the knee was nothing.

Little did they know that this was a matter of dignity to Levi!

It was comparable to the dignity of Erudia which emphasized to never surrender an inch of ground!

As someone who rarely bowed to anything or anyone, how could Levi give in to someone like Damien?

Chapter 1055

Levi remained standing and did not have the intention to kneel whatsoever.

Aaron and his family were so anxious that they almost pushed Levi down to the ground.

Damien eyed Levi and growled, “Are you going to kneel or not?”

“Levi, stop thinking and just kneel!” Meredith urged loudly.

Before Levi could say a word, Emma walked forward and offered, “Mr. Damien, is it alright if I kneel for you instead?”

“Our family won’t ask to be a part of the Garrison clan. It’s too extravagant of a wish. I only ask that your clan let us go and stop making things difficult for us! We promise not to cause your clan any trouble in the future!”

Over a short time of knowing Levi, Emma found that he was a proud man through and through.

Not a single bone in his body was submissive!

There was no way he would get on his knees!

Hence, she was willing to kneel in her son’s stead.

“Hahaha…” Damien laughed out loud upon seeing this turn of events.

“Really? You’re willing to kneel for Levi?” he asked.

“As long as you promise to let us go, I’m willing to kneel at your feet, Mr. Damien!” Emma assured.

As a mother, she could not care less about her dignity when it came to her son.

Her only wish was for Levi and Zoey to live a happy life together.

Thus, she was willing to do anything to make that happen.

That was just how a mother was.

For the sake of her son and daughter-in-law, she would selflessly sacrifice herself without batting an eyelid.

“Sure, you can kneel. It doesn’t matter whether you or Levi kneels. It’s all the same to me.”

“I’ll let all of you off the hook as long as you kneel and grovel in front of me.”

Damien wore a hideous smile on his face.

He enjoyed the feeling of toying with others just because he could.

He knew that to Levi, allowing his mother to kneel in his stead was even worse than him kneeling himself.

After all, no one could bear to watch their own mother being humiliated.

It was especially true for a proud man like Levi.

The humiliation he felt would be tenfold.

Damien smirked at Levi. “Levi, your mother is going to kneel in your place. Are you just going to watch?”

“Nonetheless, the effect would be same. Whether you or your mother kneels, I’ll let all of you go! I’ll even allow you to enter our clan!”

Damien was actually openly goading Levi.

“Levi, since you’re not going to kneel, your mother will have to do it. Quickly get on your knees, Emma!” Meredith continued urging.

Others also chimed in with their advices.

Emma only has to kneel and everything would be settled.

Perhaps Levi needs to maintain his dignity and can’t put down his ego to kneel.

But what dignity does Emma have?

She should just kneel right now.

“Don’t kneel!”

Michael and Mia hastily advised Emma against it.

How could the mother of the revered God of War kneel before another person?

“Does the Jones family really want to side against the Garrison clan?” Damien sneered.

“You must not kneel, Ms. Jones! You must not!”

Xabian Goel and the other leaders of South Hampton’s prominent families raised their objections one after another.

They were adamant on stopping Emma from kneeling.

Damien took note of everything. “Very well. All of the prominent families from South Hampton must have gone mad, huh? I will make sure to settle the scores with each and every one of you!”

Damien’s gaze returned to Emma as he stated, “There’s a limit to my patience. I’ll count to three. If you don’t kneel, that’s it.”

“Mr. Damien, don’t do this. Please heed my advice and leave at once. This is a wedding, after all!” Jonah Garrison stepped forward to warn him.

He was really afraid that Damien would lose his life here.

“Hahahaha… wedding? Well, gatecrashing his wedding is exactly what I want to do!” Damien guffawed.

Chapter 1056
Damien was a tyrant and a bully.
He did not even bother to hide it!
Above all, he was the descendant of the most powerful ancient family in Erudia.
Even the second-most powerful ancient family had to answer to him.
Who in Erudia would dare to offend him?
That was the reason he pranced around on his high horse and did whatever he liked.
Everyone was beneath him.
Especially back in North Hampton, no one could stop him.
Ruining a mere wedding was child’s play to him.
Jonah heaved a sigh and silently retreated to the back.
What could he do if Damien refused to heed his advice?
He was just asking for it at this point.
“Aren’t you going to kneel yet, Emma?” Meredith yelled, along with several others.
The fate of Levi, as well as the Lopez and Black families rested on Emma’s shoulders now. She had the power to help them soar through the ranks.
Hence, they were more frantic than anyone else at the scene.
After all, this involved their own interests.
Emma inhaled deeply and was about to kneel when a large palm held her back.
“My mother will never kneel before anyone! Not even when the sky falls and the earth crumbles!” Levi stated coldly.
“As for me kneeling before you? You can forget about it! But if you kneel before me right now, perhaps I’ll spare your pathetic excuse of a life!”
His words startled everyone.
The moment he spoke those words, the entire venue was filled with gasps.
Everyone stared at him in wide-eyed disbelief.
Isn’t he openly challenging Damien?
He even wants Damien to kneel?
He must be kidding!
Is he insane?
“Hahahaha…” Booming laughter escaped Damien’s lips.
“Great. I see you have a spine! Or to be more precise, you’re an arrogant fool who knows no better. You don’t realize how powerful the Garrison clan is and the dangers you would be facing. An ignorant person knows no fear.”
Damien’s lips curled into a sneer.
Meredith and the others were utterly disappointed.
Just like that, the opportunity to make it big slipped away…
Levi clearly had it right in the palm of his hand, but he threw it away.
“Mr. Damien, please give us one more chance. Why don’t we kneel for you? We will definitely discipline Levi after this,” Meredith and some of them begged.
They were unwilling to let such an opportunity slip away.
Damien looked at Levi and said, “See? They’re more sensible than you.”
“But I told you that you’d only have one chance. I’ve given it, so there are no more chances now.”
The Lopez and Black families were unable to accept how things had turned out.
Disappointment flooded them; utter disappointment!
Is Levi a f*cking idiot?
How could he turn down such a good opportunity?
What’s he acting all high and mighty for?
His damned pride cost us a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Damien smiled. “You’re as stubborn as a mule, Levi, but you will kneel at my feet.”
“Damien, today is my wedding day, so I won’t hold this against you. Now, leave at once!” Levi lowered his voice the best he could as he spoke to Damien.
If today wasn’t his big day, he would have shred Damien into pieces right in front of everyone.
He had messed up his wedding with Zoey once.
He did not want it to happen a second time.
Hence, he would spare Damien’s life this time around and settle the scores after everything was over.
“How dare you chase Mr. Damien away, Levi? Are you mad?”
Of course, Meredith and the rest did not dare to step on Damien’s toes.
Damien feigned a sigh. “I never wanted to attend this wedding. I only came to take a look and present you a huge gift!”
With that, he ordered his men, “Bring the gift over!”
He fixed his gaze on Levi with a grin. “This is a gift I’ve specially prepared for you. I hope you like it!”
A car drove in.
An object was carried down the car and moved into the wedding venue.
Boom!
Upon seeing the gift prepared by Damien, eve
ryone’s expression changed drastically.
Especially Levi…

Chapter 1056
That was the reason he pranced around on his high horse and did whatever he liked.
“Aren’t you going to kneel yet, Emma?” Meredith yelled, along with several others.
The fate of Levi, as well as the Lopez and Black families rested on Emma’s shoulders now. She had the power to help them soar through the ranks.
“My mother will never kneel before anyone! Not even when the sky falls and the earth crumbles!” Levi stated coldly.
“As for me kneeling before you? You can forget about it! But if you kneel before me right now, perhaps I’ll spare your pathetic excuse of a life!”
He must be kidding!
Is he insane?
“Great. I see you have a spine! Or to be more precise, you’re an arrogant fool who knows no better. You don’t realize how powerful the Garrison clan is and the dangers you would be facing. An ignorant person knows no fear.”
“Mr. Damien, please give us one more chance. Why don’t we kneel for you? We will definitely discipline Levi after this,” Meredith and some of them begged.
“But I told you that you’d only have one chance. I’ve given it, so there are no more chances now.”
Is Levi a f*cking idiot?
Damien smiled. “You’re as stubborn as a mule, Levi, but you will kneel at my feet.”
“Damien, today is my wedding day, so I won’t hold this against you. Now, leave at once!” Levi lowered his voice the best he could as he spoke to Damien.
If today wasn’t his big day, he would have shred Damien into pieces right in front of everyone.
Hence, he would spare Damien’s life this time around and settle the scores after everything was over.
Damien feigned a sigh. “I never wanted to attend this wedding. I only came to take a look and present you a huge gift!”
He fixed his gaze on Levi with a grin. “This is a gift I’ve specially prepared for you. I hope you like it!”
A car drove in.
Boom!
Especially Levi…
This Damien is really annoying.

Chapter 1056
He must be kidding!
Is he insane?
Is Levi a f*cking idiot?
A car drove in.
Boom!
Especially Levi…
Damien really an idiot..

Chapter 1056
He must be kidding!
Is he insane?
Is Levi a f*cking idiot?
A car drove in.
Boom!
Especially Levi…
Well done Grandmaster Indra.
I'm really enjoying this. More updates pls

Chapter 1057
It wasn’t because of him, but the present that Damien gave.
He had given the couple a funeral wreath, a coffin, and a gravestone.
Both the gravestone and the wreath had Levi’s name clearly written on them.
It was preposterous for Damien to gift him something like this on his wedding day.
It was quite obvious that he had cruel intentions.
A hush fell over the entire room. Instantly, the temperature in the room fell by a few degrees.
Everyone was shocked by Damien’s gift.
Who in their right mind would send these as wedding gifts?
Zoey was furious, too.
She had her perfect wedding all planned out nicely. Now, she would have to live with this unhappy memory for the rest of her life.
Azure Dragon, Kirin, Ezra, and the others were so livid they were about to burst.
Who dared to stir up trouble at the God of War’s wedding?
They could not tolerate it!
No matter how they tried to hold back their anger, they felt as though they were about to explode.
White Tiger, who had the fiercest temper among all of them, gazed at Damien with his eyes full of murderous hatred.
His thoughts now were very simple. First, he would kill Damien. Then, he would make his way up to Oakland City and kill the entire ancient family to which Damien belonged.
“Well, looks like you’ve developed quite a liking towards my gifts! I won’t bother you anymore—go ahead and get married!”
After delivering his presents and rubbing Levi Garrison the wrong way, Damien turned to leave.
He enjoyed the feeling of slowly torturing someone to death, instead of killing them off instantly.
He wanted to see how stupid Levi would look when he was furious but completely helpless.
Torturing Levi to death sounded like an excellent plan.
In fact, by the time he was through, Levi would not want to live anymore——but he also wouldn’t be able to die.
Damien knew that Levi was close to exploding with rage.
However, he didn’t have the ability to go up against Damien, and could only force himself to not lash out.
White Tiger roared loudly, “Boss, allow me to kill off this insolent fool!”
This time, nobody tried to stop White Tiger.
This was because they shared the same idea as him—to kill Damien.
Since he had committed such an appalling act against Levi, he had to pay the price for it!
“Boss, one word from you is all I need! When I hear it from you, I’ll make sure to raze the home of the Garrison family in Oakland City to the ground!” Ezra and the others cried, pleading with Levi to let them take revenge.
They were so furious that they couldn’t tolerate Damien’s behavior anymore, especially when they saw that Damien was about to get into the car and drive off.
Levi’s thoughts mirrored theirs quite exactly.
Just as he was about to issue a kill order on Damien, he caught Zoey’s eye.
Don’t do it.
Zoey shook her head almost imperceptibly, warning him not to behave recklessly.
Damien’s goal was very simple. He wanted to aggravate Levi so that Levi would feel obliged to kill him.
He would then have a solid reason to finish Levi off, and the Garrison family would get away scot-free.
Damien was a very smart man. Even his actions, which seemed unplanned and reckless, had been carefully calculated in view of his grand plans.
“Let him leave!” Levi snapped, taking a deep breath to steady himself.
The audience let out a sigh of disappointment
“Keep this coffin! Remember not to throw it away or damage it! I’ll be using this on Damien Garrison one day,” Levi said blandly.
“Got it!” A spark of excitement lit up in White Tiger’s eyes again.
Levi was making plans for the future; he would use these items when he had an opportunity to get back at Damien.
He decided to let the fool revel in his happiness for a few more days…
The wedding continued on as though nothing had happened.
Aside from Damien’s intrusion, everything went perfectly as planned.
“Sorry, Zoey. I’m afraid your dream of a perfect wedding was ruined,” Levi apologized.
“No worries! Actually, don’t they say that the most beautiful memories are the ones in which we feel regret? I’ll forget about it soon enough. You’ve given me a wedding that was more than perfect!”
“I support you for holding your ground against the Garrison family! In fact, I’m very pleased with it. Let me join you in the dangerous task of seeking revenge against them!” Zoey said.
“Don’t worry. I’ll never kneel before anyone—not now, not ever! Frankly, I doubt it’s of any concern—the Garrison family won’t do anything to me,” Levi promised her.
“Yes, I know that. Even if you were to start a fight against the Garrison family, they have no reason to respond to you.”
Changing the topic naturally, she continued, “B
y the way, where’s the surprise you promised me?”
Chapter 1058

“Ah, the surprise! Of course.” Levi laughed brightly.

Everyone in the audience turned to look at them.

Under all their gazes, Levi took out a customized necklace along with a ring and helped Zoey put them on.

Seeing the necklace and ring made out of reconstituted ammunition cases, Zoey felt extremely touched.

These were much more valuable than necklaces and rings that cost millions.

Zoey grabbed the necklace tightly in her hands. “This is the best gift I’ve received in my entire life!”

She then glanced at Levi and commented, “But this can’t be the surprise you were planning on giving me, right?”

Levi had put in so much effort to organize the wedding.

There was no way these two pieces of jewelry were his surprise.

Levi had announced to everyone that he had not been to jail at all. Perhaps he would use this time to explain everything to them once and for all.

“Well, go ahead and tell me! I hope you’ll personally let me know what this surprise is. I’ve been waiting for this for so long!”

Zoey looked at him in eager anticipation.

Levi’s expression looked rather conflicted.

If Damien hadn’t intruded on their wedding today, he would’ve told Zoey all of his secrets and revealed his true identity.

After all, he was already wearing his military uniform…

Now that the arrow was already on the bow, he had no reason not to fire.

If he didn’t reveal at least a little something, Zoey was bound to be very confused.

“To tell you the truth… I’m the mysterious boss of the Morris Group!” Levi blurted out.

Because of the matter with the Garrison family, he was temporarily unable to reveal his identity as the God of War.

However, it was now the right time to reveal his identity as the boss of Morris Group, since the Garrison family already knew about it anyway.

Hearing this, murmurs ran through the crowd. The audience was stunned by what he had just said.

The Lopez and Black families were especially flabbergasted.

Slowly, they all turned to look at Levi with disbelief on their faces.

This man, whom we’ve always regarded as a beggarly loser, turns out to be the mysterious boss of Morris Group?

That Morris Group to which Triple Group could barely hold a candle?

Meredith and the others were so stunned that they stood up from their seats…

They were all trembling from head to toe, especially Aaron and Caitlyn.

Thinking back to the incidents that had happened back in North Hampton, both of them felt thunderstruck. They gazed at Levi as though their eyeballs were going to pop out of their sockets.

The Lopez and Black families gazed at each other in fear.

Before this, they had found no explanation for the preposterous acts Levi had been displaying. Now, they finally realized what had been going on all along.

He was the boss of Morris Group; there was no need for him to be afraid of anyone.

He also had no special reason to fear the Lopez and Black families, either.

When Zoey heard this, she burst into a loud wail. Her body trembled as she cried; tears cascaded down her face uncontrollably.

It was as though a dam had burst inside her.

This was why the boss of Morris Group had kept helping her without any demands for compensation.

This was why Levi had been working at Morris Group under his disguise of a nobody.

This was why Iris stammered like an idiot and spoke vaguely and evasively after she came back from meeting the mysterious boss.

This was why Levi Group had changed its name to the Morris Group.

Everything had been pointing to the fact that Levi was the head of Morris Group.

Aside from Levi, nobody else in the world would treat Zoey so well.

Actually, when Levi informed her that he had a surprise for her, she had already had her suspicions about what he was going to tell her.

The signs had been there all along. With hindsight, it was painfully obvious.

In fact, Zoey’s suspicion started when she noted Iris’s strange expression after the latter learned of the identity of that mysterious boss.

When she thought back on it, all the signs led to Levi being that person.

Hence, even before the wedding, she had already guessed that the surprise would have something to do with his identity.

But she still wanted to hear the confession from Levi himself.

Finally, she received the confirmation that she wanted.

Zoey threw her arms around Levi and cried, ”Levi, you’re still the biggest hero to me!”

Last edited:
Chapter 1059
At that moment, an image of Levi from six years ago flashed across her mind. Back then, he was young and idealistic.

Without help from anyone else, he had managed to make a name for himself and establish his company through his own efforts.

This was what she most admired about Levi.

Even after six years, Levi still retained the bravado and tenacity he had in his younger days.

However, he had learned to be less aggressive and to hide his powers when necessary.

Other than that, his achievements and his character remained much the same as before. Zoey felt that he had even improved somewhat.

She was very pleased with how Levi was right now.

She didn’t care about the number of achievements he had. As long as he still possessed the fortitude he had back then, she would be satisfied.

“To me, this is the biggest surprise you could have given me,” she continued to sob, drenching the front of his suit.

Levi wiped the tears from her face and gazed at her with conflicted emotions.

In his heart, he added: Actually, this isn’t the surprise I intended to tell you! The real surprise must be hidden from you for now.

However, it would only take him a while more to clear things up with the Garrison family. By then, Zoey would find out for herself, too.

He believed that the day would come soon!

Although Levi had just announced that he was the mysterious boss of Morris Group, nobody at the wedding aside from Zoey could feel happy for him.

Sure, as the head of Morris Group, Levi Garrison had the most prestigious status out of everyone in South Hampton and its surrounding lands.

However, the Garrison clan was intent on creating trouble for him.

This lent a touch of sorrow to Levi’s small bit of achievement.

In front of a tremendously powerful clan like the Garrisons, the Morris Group was practically nothing.

Worse still, Levi and the Garrison clan went back a long way and they loathed each other bitterly.

Levi was in for a very rough and dangerous time.

While he was the esteemed boss of the Morris Group, he was still nothing but an ordinary person to the Garrisons.

“Oh, Levi! We are all very happy to hear that you’re the boss of Morris Group. However, the little power you have is nothing compared to that of the Garrison family. You must be delusional if you think you can take them down!”

Jason had a very clear understanding of the Garrison family’s power. He knew that if Levi tried to go up against them, he would be destroyed instantly like an egg that had been hurled against a rock.

Even Emma tried to dissuade him. “My son, I’m already very proud of you for your achievements. However, this is the Garrison family you’re up against. Why don’t you let me go to them and plead for your life on your behalf? Why can’t we live peacefully instead of stirring up trouble with them?”

Meredith and the others agreed immediately. “Exactly! Just get down on your knees and prostrate yourself before Mr. Damien! It shouldn’t be that hard.”

“Can you survive on dignity alone? Forgive me for being blunt, but you’re too hung up on dignity!”

“Exactly! As long as you kneel before Mr. Damien and plead for your life, you’ll be recognized as a young master of the Garrison family. You’ll have as much riches and glory as you’ll ever need. Isn’t that a great deal?”

“Besides, are you willing to put Zoey through this sort of danger? What if you put the child inside her belly in danger as well? Have you ever thought about that?”

As for the Lopez and Black families, they much preferred the idea of sucking up to the Garrison family.

Levi’s status as the boss of the Morris Group made him as useful as the “p” in raspberry.

In fact, he was in a great deal of physical danger himself.

They could not count on him to protect them.

“Levi, you might be very strong in other areas but there are two weaknesses of yours we must point out,” Robert said sternly. “Firstly, your worldview is way too limited. Secondly, you are a poor judge of situations and do not know how to turn them to your advantage.”

“It’s just as Damien said——your privileged circumstances and the small bubble of people you interact with have caused you to have a narrow view of the world. You should maintain a heart of humility. There are many out there who are stronger and much more powerful than you are. Are you so reckless and arrogant that you want to go up against them?”

“Besides, the Garrison clan is choosing to ignore your lowly status and is accepting you back into their family as long as you kneel before them. Don’t you see the opportunity that’s been given to you?”

Everyone agreed very much with Robert’s words.

Levi was too crazy for his own good. Trying to talk sense into him would do no good.

It was quite possible that what happened six years ago might happen again.

Chapter 1060

Harry threw a look of contempt at Levi. “Levi, if you act recklessly, you’ll only put yourself and Zoey in danger! What can dignity do for you when you’re dead and six feet underground?”

“Exactly! Before an opportunity like this, dignity is nothing!”

“Levi, you’re a smart man. Why can’t you see what’s the best option for you?”

“As the saying goes, no matter how vicious a tiger is, it will not eat its own child. Until now, the Garrison family has refused to accept you as one of them because of your lowly status. In addition, no matter how many waves you make in your career, it’s nothing to them!”

“The Garrison family is way up there in prestige and power. They value their honor very much and will never stoop to offer you a spot among them. As long as you accept defeat and say something pleasing to your father, you’ll find your place among them again. Is kneeling really so demeaning when it comes to your own family? You shouldn’t feel any shame at all!”

Everyone was pointing fingers at Levi.

To them, kneeling before the Garrison family seemed a low price to pay for the riches and glory that would come after.

After all, was dignity still worth anything in this era?

Under these circumstances, practically nobody would still hold on tightly to their dignity.

So why was Levi Garrison so determined to make things difficult for himself?

How important was something like dignity, something as insubstantial as a wisp of smoke in the air?

Levi shot everyone a look. “Firstly, the Garrison family has never treated me as a member and I’ve never thought of myself as one of them, either. Secondly, I value dignity very much. It’s something that I will never throw away for all the riches in the world!”

“You…you must be thick-skulled!”

Harry and the others were so furious that they almost exploded at him instantly.

“This is the most you’re ever going to achieve in your life! You won’t be able to take another step forward,” Meredith hollered.

Robert banged viciously on the table and roared, “Are you still concerned about your dignity at this moment? What good can dignity do for you?”

However, Zoey stood resolutely by her husband and argued, “I think Levi is right; that little dignity is more important!”

“Why do we have to give up our dignity and beg others for our lives? They’re just going to treat us like a bunch of dogs!”

Jason sighed helplessly and said, “My dear girl, I’ll be honest. Being a lapdog of the Garrison family isn’t such a bad thing. In fact, it’s a dream for many people who are willing to fight to the death for such an opportunity.”

Meredith and the others nodded in agreement.

Jason was right!

A dog of the Garrison clan still enjoyed a position more privileged than most other people in Oakland City.

Besides, Levi was the son of the next patriarch of the Garrison family!

“You’re still too young to understand what we’re talking about. You’re too idealistic about these sorts of things. You should face reality! When you’re at our age, you’ll regret the decision you made today!”

Zoey gazed at everyone in disbelief.

None of them care about their dignity!

They even profess their desire to be a dog of the Garrison family!

Thankfully, Levi already had everything planned out.

Zoey said coldly, “Alright, stop talking now. Everyone has a different point of view. If we continue to discuss this, it might end in an argument.”

With that, the wedding concluded hastily.

Although there were many mishaps throughout the ceremony, Zoey had no regrets about the wedding. This was all she had ever wanted.

“No matter what happens after this, I’ll always be right next to you!” she said to Levi, smiling.

“Don’t worry! With me around, I won’t let you or our child go through any sort of suffering!”

Meanwhile…

“Mr. Damien, I didn’t know Levi Garrison would be such a hard nut to crack!”

Damien laughed cruelly. “Well, the blood of the Garrison family runs in his veins, so it’s only natural that he’s a little rebellious. But I’d like to see how long he can keep up that act of his. I’ll make him face the cruel reality of life. He’ll end up kneeling before me and throwing away his dignity!”

“Mr. Damien, we’re all looking forward to that! Haha…”

Chapter 1061

“Levi Garrison is still too weak. Wouldn’t it be more fun if he posed a little more of a challenge?”

Damien sighed resignedly and replied, “I have so many ways of taking him down right now! Take Zoey Lopez and that child inside her, for example. If I wanted to, I could make sure that the child won’t be born alive!”

“Exactly! Mr. Damien, we await your orders. One word from you and we’ll head off to torment him immediately!”

However, Damien shook his head. “No, no, no… Where’s the fun in that? I want to torment him to death slowly. By the time I’m through with him, he’ll realize how foolish he has been to hold on so tightly to his pride!”

“As for his wedding night, I’ll make sure nothing goes well for him, either! Tell my men to go…”

Levi was having drinks with his friends.

It was rare that his friends of “special status” could meet up.

The fact that his beloved mentor, Angus Belford, was also present made Levi feel overwhelmed with pleasure.

Angus said, “Levi, I understand your situation now. To tell you the truth, the Garrison clan of Oakland City aren’t ordinary folks. They have been around for thousand-odd years and numerous generations. Their fighting prowess is top-notch.”

“Shall I tell you some statistics? You know about Erudia’s Saber Leaderboard, don’t you?”

Levi nodded.

Erudia’s Saber Leaderboard was a ranking of Erudia’s best warriors. Everyone on it was the creme de la creme among experts.

However, warriors like Levi and those in the Iron Brigade were ranked in a separate and confidential list and not on the Saber Leaderboard.

All they knew was that those on the Saber Leaderboard were very strong; they only had a vague understanding of how powerful those warriors truly were.

“On Erudia’s Saber Leaderboard, the disciples of the Garrison clan take up a grand total of twenty-one spots, while the warriors related to the Garrison clan take up forty-six spots in total! This means that about half of the warriors on the Saber Leaderboard have connections to the Garrisons!”

After hearing these statistics, Levi and the others were stunned.

The warriors on the Saber Leaderboard were vicious military warriors.

All of them were devils on the battlefield and had gained quite a reputation even overseas.

Not only were they loaded with military accomplishments, but those warriors were also full of power and talent.

Were there really so many of them with connections with the Garrison clan?

Evidently, the clan was powerful beyond belief.

However, Levi had already had a taste of their power for himself before.

One of the servants of the Garrison clan had the power to make an entire city yield to him.

It was unimaginable what the real power of the Garrison clan could be if they turned it out in full force.

“Not only that. The Garrison family has other warriors with different areas of expertise, too. They are excellent fighters. There’s a reason for the Garrison family’s fearsome reputation in Erudia. They are more frightening than even I could imagine.”

“Besides, Damien’s mother, Olivia Garcia, is a beloved member of the ancient Garcia family, which is second only to the Garrison family. The Garrisons and Garcias are in this together. If we strike against the Garrisons, we’ll have two ancient families after our blood.”

Angus turned to look at Levi. “I hope that you, as the God of War, will exercise some caution while taking down the Garrison clan of Oakland City. You must absolutely tread with caution!”

Levi nodded. “Don’t worry, Master. I’ll do my best to do this properly, and I’ll make sure that the Garrison family pays for everything they have done to me.”

Hearing this, everyone knew that Levi had made up his mind to go against the Garrison family.

He was not even afraid when faced with the Eighteen-Nation Alliance in the past, and he certainly would not back off just because the Garrison family was powerful.

Just as everyone was drowning in high spirits, someone barged into the room.

Everyone recognized the intruder at once. It was one of Damien’s subordinates who had appeared with him during the wedding.

Upon seeing him, White Tiger growled, “What are you doing here?”

Damien’s subordinate, Vincent Garrison, looked at him and smirked. “Levi Garrison, I’ve been sent to tell you something!”

“What?”

Damien’s subordinate laughed. “The person you owe your life to is in danger at this very moment. Do you wish to save this person?”

Levi’s expression changed. “The person I owe my life to?”

“Yes, indeed. He’s on the brink of death right now, I might add.”

Chapter 1062

“Who is it?” Levi asked.
Shaking slightly, Emma asked, “Could it be Dexter?”
If there was someone in the Garrison family whom Levi owed his life to, it had to be Dexter, the Garrisons’ butler.
Back then, Dexter had treated Emma like his own daughter.
He had helped her numerous times, often secretly.
Hence, he had a huge role to play in the fact that she was still alive today.
After Emma gave birth to her child, the child was taken away by Tyrone Garrison.
She had feared for her child’s life and wondered if he could live on.
However, Dexter promised her that he would find a way to ensure that her child lived.
“Right on the first try! Yes, it’s Dexter.”
Vincent laughed coldly. “I’ll tell you guys the truth. Initially, the Garrison family had no plans of letting Levi Garrison live. They took him and abandoned him in the mountains, leaving him to die. However, Dexter, that old hag, secretly left him on the streets of North Hampton instead. If not for him, Levi would have died a long time ago!”
A hush fell over the room. Emma felt as though she had just been struck by lightning.
The Garrison family had been lying to her all along!
Tyrone had tricked her!
They never had any plans to let Levi off the hook.
Back then, Tyrone hadn’t had the heart to kill off his son by himself, so he simply abandoned him in the wild. But how was this any different from committing murder with his own two hands?
The Garrison family had never planned on letting Levi live from the beginning.
Emma had thought that Tyrone would at least feel some sort of affection for his son and let him live. However, things had not gone the way she imagined they would.
How could a clan as prestigious as the Garrisons go back on their word like this?
How could they simply break their promises whenever they wanted to?
What she failed to comprehend was that for a family like the Garrisons, personal benefits came above everything else.
When it came to personal benefits, nothing else mattered.
Besides, Tyrone had gone behind everyone else’s back to do this.
“Tyrone, I’ve finally seen you for the brute you are! So much for tigers not eating their own children! You’re the worst savage I’ve ever had the misfortune to meet!”
Zoey clenched her hands into fists as her body began to shake with rage.
This is saddening, awfully saddening!
She finally experienced what it was like for trust to evaporate in an instant.
Levi felt extremely stunned by the news of his father’s cruelty too.
Had he really tried to kill me when I was a child?
He finally understood everything.
This was why it had always been the Garrison family’s servants who were sent to deal with him in the past.
Apparently, everyone in the Garrison family already thought he was dead!
Tyrone Garrison, how cruel of you!
As a father yourself, how could you have done something so horrible to your own flesh and blood? What a father you are!
Vincent snorted derisively. “You have that stupid Dexter to thank for all this! If not for him, there would be less trouble for all of us. As for you, Levi Garrison, you can decide for yourself whether you want to save Dexter! I’ll give you three hours. If you don’t come by then, I’ll make sure to bleed out every last drop of blood from his body!”
Vincent gave one last cackle before he turned around and left.
Levi turned to Emma and asked if what Vincent said about Dexter was true.
“My son, it seems that it’s really true! Dexter was the one who saved you from dying!” Emma said confidently.
Levi said coldly, “Alright, then. Since he was the one who saved my life and he’s now in trouble because of me, I must save him! I’ll get going now.”
“My son…”
Emma wracked her brains to think of how best to deter her son from going to Dexter’s rescue.
She understood what Damien’s plan was. He meant to lure Levi straight into his trap, where he would have the perfect opportunity to kill him off.
This way, the Garrison family would escape the consequences of his murder.
If Levi were to walk straight into Damien’s trap, he would be putting himself in great danger.
Besides, he had just gotten married today! There was no need for him to put himself into this sort of situation immediately.
As his mother, Emma was very reluctant to let him do it.
On the other hand, however, she wished for Levi to be a man who knew the value of courage and gratitude. Since Dexter was the person who had saved his life, Levi should go ahead and rescue him.
“Don’t worry, Mom! Damien and I are bound to meet each other before long anyway.”
With that, Levi turned and left to search for Damien.
Dexter was somebody he had to save.
Nobody, not
even his mother, could hold him back from doing so.

Chapter 1063
“Levi…”
As Levi left, Emma gazed after him, her mouth agape as she stood rooted to her spot.
I can’t let this happen!
I can’t send Levi straight to his death.
Emma quickly left, too, but no one knew where she was headed.
The villa in North Hampton had originally been the residence of the Gonzales family, but they had moved away a long time ago.
Now, it was Damien’s year-round residence.
He was currently enjoying his wine in the enormous meeting room of the house.
He had a reputation for having a Machiavellian and deceitful personality. However, quite different from his character, he had quite a liking for hard liquor.
He enjoyed the feeling of the liquor burning its way down his throat like a ball of fire.
“Ah! That’s some good stuff.”
He gulped down another mouthful of liquor.
Drip, drip…
In front of him, blood dripped down onto the floor from the ceiling, adding to a pool of redness.
Dexter was hung upside-down from the ceiling and bleeding from head to toe.
Damien had just sliced another wound across his abdomen; blood could be seen gushing out of it.
If he didn’t receive medical attention soon, Dexter would most probably perish from blood loss.
Damien barked with laughter. “Hey, Mr. Butler, I really hope you’ll be able to hold up until Levi Garrison gets here!”
Adding injury to insult, he poured some of the liquor onto Dexter’s wounds.
“Ahh!”
Immediately, Dexter screamed in pain like a pig bound for slaughter.
He managed to squeeze out a single word from between his gritted teeth. “You…”
Damien was twisted beyond words.
Vincent turned to Damien and asked, “Mr. Damien, are you sure Levi is going to turn up?”
Damien nodded. “Yes, of course he will. I’m a good judge of people’s characters. Levi Garrison cares too much for loyalty and gratitude. These things are of no use to someone like my father. In fact, they’re a sign of weakness, and people will exploit your weakness to bring you down. Sometimes, it might even cost you your life!”
Tyrone had always taught his son one thing—to never be a man of emotion. One had to learn to abandon all else and be emotionless during crucial moments or risk losing everything. Only then could one be trusted with important missions.
This was also why Tyrone had been able to abandon Emma and their son without so much as a flinch.
Logic and indifference were the principles he abided by.
He could throw away everything in an instant if it meant achieving what he wanted.
Of course, Emma and Levi, who held almost no value in his heart, were easy targets.
And why not? They were like the stones that threatened to trip him on his way, so he had better get rid of them as soon as he could.
“That’s very true. If Levi Garrison didn’t value loyalty and gratitude so much, he wouldn’t come here at all. He would be able to save himself from certain death.” Vincent laughed.
Damien nodded. “That’s right, that’s right. That’s what I mean! If he doesn’t come, nothing will happen to him.”
From above, Dexter screamed, “Damien, you’re insane for instigating Master Levi to strike you first so you would have an excuse to murder him later on!”
Dexter’s smile widened. “That b*stard will never enter the Garrison family—I’ll see to that. But there are too many eyes on him right now so I can’t do whatever I want to him. Since I can’t kill him as and when I like, the only other option I have is to instigate him to start a fight!”
“You…cough, cough…”
Dexter was so agitated that blood started seeping out of his wounds again.
Every wound on his body pricked at his consciousness, making him groan in pain.
“Hold on a little longer! Levi will be here soon. When he arrives, I’ll send both of you to hell together so you won’t feel pain anymore.”
Damien picked up a steak knife and started slicing away at Dexter’s torso again.
Blood once again oozed out of Dexter’s heavily wounded body; he would die very soon.
Instead of dying from having lost too much blood, it was more probable that he would die from the excruciating pain.
Bang!
“Dexter, I’m coming for you!”
At that moment, there was a loud bang as the gates of the villa swung open. Levi’s voice floated into the hall.
“Haha! Just as you’ve predicted, Mr. Damien! Levi Garrison has arrived to see himself off to hell!” Vincent laughed.
“Oh, dear,” Dexter si
ghed miserably.
This kid should not have come..

Chapter 1064
At that moment, Levi kicked the gates open and strode into the villa.
He was greeted by the sight of up to a thousand of Damien’s men, who stared him down with murderous intent.
“Take him down!”
There was a buzz as the men started running towards him immediately. However, a slow drawl interrupted their progress.
“Slow down! Let him take his time,” Damien said from inside the meeting room.
Upon hearing Damien’s orders, the warriors moved aside and opened up a narrow path for Levi to walk across to the front door. They continued to watch him closely as he stepped into the house.
Levi noticed those men were top-class warriors.
The Garrison family really hires and trains the best of the best.
Very quickly, Levi found his way through the corridors and arrived at the meeting room.
When he spotted Dexter hanging upside down from ceiling, his eyes narrowed into a thin line.
Damien is too cruel.
Levi turned livid when he noted the pool of blood on the floor below Dexter.
Damien burst into laughter. “Levi, this is the man you owe your life to! If it hadn’t been for him, you would have died in the wilderness a few hours after you were born.”
By then, Dexter was already one foot in the grave. When he spotted Levi, he only had the breath to croak, “Master—Master Levi…”
“Dexter…”
Levi took a deep breath.
How could they treat the man he owed his life to in this inhumane way?
Coldly, Levi ordered, “Damien, remove him from the ceiling and set him down on the floor immediately!”
Damien burst into laughter again. “You want me to set him down? Sure! But that’ll depend on whether you have the ability to make me do it.”
Summoning the remaining energy in his body, Dexter whispered, “Master Levi, leave…leave quickly… It’s a trap…”
“Don’t worry. I must save you today! When I was a child, you saved my life once. Today, you risked your life for my sake again! I must save you.”
With that, Levi started walking towards Damien.
Suddenly, a large boom sounded across the entire room.
The meeting room, which had been empty of other people until now, was now a crowded place. Men stood shoulder to shoulder, filling the room from corner to corner. All of them were top-class warriors and there were at least a few hundred of them.
Everyone gazed at Levi, looking prepared to kill him if need be.
Click!
Instantly, the door of the meeting room was locked.
Even if Levi miraculously grew wings that very moment, it would be impossible for him to escape now.
Damien cackled with glee.
Now, Levi will die and his corpse won’t even be intact!
They are almost at their inevitable end. In a few minutes, both Levi and Dexter will be dead.
Damien had already thought everything through.
After he killed both of them, he would announce to the public that Levi had murdered the butler of the Garrison family, Dexter. As far as the public was concerned, Damien had killed Levi in retaliation.
This was a perfectly reasonable excuse.
Although everyone would know it was a set-up, nobody would be able to dispute his narrative.
Meanwhile, Emma had dashed back into her room and dialed a telephone number she had saved at the very back of her mind a long time ago.
“Come on, pick up! Come on! If you don’t pick up now, Levi is going to be in huge trouble,” Emma muttered anxiously to herself.
Finally, the person on the other end picked up the phone. “Who—who is this?”
“It’s me, Emma Jones!”
After Emma revealed her identity, the other party remained silent for a long while. She could sense that they were holding their breath.
Emma jumped straight into the topic and stated her reason for calling. “Mr. Tyrone Garrison, I won’t beat around the bush anymore. I just have one request!”
She was afraid that if they dragged this out, Levi would be dead.
“What is it?”
“I hope you’ll let my son go! Just this time, I promise! As long as you let go of my son this once, both my son and I will never have anything to do with the Garrison family again! You know I’m a person of my word! I’ll keep my promise!” Emma pleaded desperately.
“I don’t call the shots on this matter. Nobody asked him to be so reckless. He deserves this for trying to go up against the Garrison clan!” Tyrone replied icily.
“He’s young and doesn’t know the ways of the world yet. Please just let him go this time! Just this time! I’ve never asked you for anything before, but please let my son off this time! I can even die in his place!”
“Please, I beg of you…I’ll even kneel before you…”
Emma was crying so hard that her face was practically soaked with tears.