An Understated Dominance Chapter 1301 to Chapter 2422 - English Version Translated by NAZMUL

English Version Translated by NAZMUL

An Understated Dominance is a Urban novel for men, telling a story of Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys had been married for three years. "An Understated Dominance" delves into themes of ambition, power and the price of success. The novel explores the complexities of relationships and so on.

Finally I have someone with the same perception as mine. The adventure is not the problem at least this isn't their first time exploring things like this. The problem is the chapter, I remember we read this similar chapter at a go no need of dilly-dally about anything and that make us to be more enthusiastic about the story.
Our Grandmaster Nazmul should be sending episodes weekly to ease us with everyday's suspense

There are 3 chapters per day, right? I mean raw(chinese) chapters...

Please, be patient. Grandmaster Nazmul is trying his best

Chapter 1973: You're really confused

"Ah?"

Watching the figures in the distance fleeing for their lives at an incredible speed, Adriel couldn't help but be stunned.

He really didn't expect that Aria and the others would run so decisively.

Even from beginning to end, they didn't even say hello.

Even in a retreat, shouldn't they at least give a heads-up?

What is this now? Betraying teammates?

"Brother Adriel risked his life to rescue, but disciples of the Duck Sect turned and fled. They are truly a group of ungrateful people!"

Not far away, Jackson, hiding in the shadows, couldn't help but shake his head with disdain on his face.

"Heartless indeed. It seems that Brother Adriel's fiancée is not of good character."

"Poor Brother Adriel, because of a few ungrateful people, he ended up getting involved."
The crowd was buzzing with discussions.

It's said that the Gold Blade Sect and the Duck Sect are close friends, and Adriel and Aria have an engagement.

Normally, in the face of danger, the two should work together to resist the enemy and create a heroic story.

But what happened?

Aria turned around and sold Adriel without hesitation.

This ruthlessness is truly chilling.

"Senior Brother! It seems that Senior Sister Aria and the others have already escaped. What should we do now?"

As they fought, the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect quickly noticed something was wrong, and their faces turned ugly one by one.

They risked their lives for the disciples of the Duck Sect, only to find out that they didn't even say hello and fled first, leaving them behind to fight alone.

For anyone, this kind of betrayal and abandonment is unacceptable.

"At this point, there's no choice. Let's fight with them!"

Adriel gritted his teeth and fought even more fiercely.

"Hey! Are you disciples of the Gold Blade Sect stupid? They've already sold you, and you're still fighting here. Is it worth it?" A middle-aged man couldn't help but curse.

Dealing with such a group of dazed youths was really unlucky.

"Stop talking! If you want to fight, let's fight for real!" Adriel shouted.

"Damn! They are a bunch of lunatics!"

The middle-aged man scolded while instructing the people around him, "You two, lead your teams to chase that woman back. The treasure is still in her hands, don't let her escape!"

"Yes!"

The two men responded, leading a dozen members of the Illusion Sea Alliance, quickly chasing in the direction where the disciples of the Duck Sect had disappeared.

The remaining members of the Illusion Sea Alliance continued to besiege the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect.

Even though more than a dozen people had left, the Illusion Sea Alliance still had an absolute numerical advantage.

Fortunately, Adriel and his group were formidable, fighting fiercely.

For a while, the members of the Illusion Sea Alliance didn't dare to push too hard.

Of course, mainly in their eyes, the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect were already trapped, and there was no need to risk their lives.

Using a tactic of attrition with their overwhelming numbers was the most prudent choice.

"Brother Adriel and the others are struggling. Everyone, go support them!"

Seeing that the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect were in danger, Margaret no longer held back and immediately gave the order to attack.

In an instant, nearly a hundred people rushed out, charging towards the battlefield ahead.

The sudden turn of events threw the members of the Illusion Sea Alliance into disarray.

"What's going on? Where did these people come from?"

"Damn! They seem to be reinforcements from the Gold Blade Sect!"

"Ah, another force is coming. We're really unlucky today!"

Members of the Illusion Sea Alliance cursed and complained, exceptionally discontent.

They only wanted to seize the treasure from the Duck Sect, but unexpectedly, a group of disciples from the Gold Blade Sect appeared first, followed by another group of unknown origin.

Now, not only did they fail to gain any advantage, but they also lost several brothers in the process.

"Elder Leo! What do we do now? These people are well-trained and obviously not easy to deal with!" someone urgently asked.

"What can we do? They have the numbers and the advantage, so the best course of action is to retreat!" the middle-aged man replied impatiently.

As long as the green hills are preserved, there will be firewood to burn. Since there's no profit here, there's no need to risk their lives.

"Retreat! Quickly retreat!"

Upon receiving the command, members of the Illusion Sea Alliance didn't hesitate and fled immediately.

Before leaving, they even tossed a bunch of smoke bombs for cover.

In terms of escaping, they were professionals.

"Don't pursue a fleeing enemy!"

Margaret stopped the guards who were ready to chase.

Her goal was to save people, and there was no need to complicate things further.

"Brother Adriel, are you okay?" Margaret asked as she approached.

"Just a few minor injuries, it's nothing," Adriel said, glancing at the cuts on his arm without much concern.

He had taken the lead, bearing most of the pressure, but fortunately, his strong abilities held up.

"Someone! Bandage Brother Adriel!" Margaret called for medical personnel to treat the wounded.

"Ah~!"

At this moment, a distant scream suddenly reached their ears.

"Not good! Aria is in danger!"

Adriel's expression changed, forgetting about his own wounds. He lifted his sword, ready to rush to support.

"Senior Brother!"

A disciple of the Gold Blade Sect immediately blocked his way, saying, "Those people from the Duck Sect are ungrateful. Do you still want to help them? Don't forget, they just abandoned us and fled on their own. Even if they face danger now, it's their own fault!"

"Words can't be said like that. The disciples of the Duck Sect may have retreated to avoid involving us in their troubles," Adriel tried to argue.

"Senior Brother! Don't be foolish! They obviously don't care about our lives!" a disciple of the Gold Blade Sect retorted.

For anyone with a sense of loyalty and gratitude, such betrayal and abandonment were unforgivable.

Even if they wanted to escape, they should have at least informed them beforehand.

"We'll talk about this later. Right now, Aria is in danger, and I can't stand by and watch!" Adriel felt anxious, pushing away his junior, then wielding his sword, he rushed toward the source of the sound.

"Senior Brother! You're really confused!"

Several disciples of the Gold Blade Sect gritted their teeth, looking frustrated.

Unfortunately, they had no choice but to drag their injured bodies and follow quickly.

Although they hated Aria's betrayal, they couldn't just watch their senior brother face the danger alone.
Is it now one chapter a day? I haven't read for two days but iam coming in to see one chapter. Are we really going to finish this story at all?

Chapter 1974: Another force

Adriel and his group rushed towards the sound, and as soon as they arrived, they saw Aria surrounded by members of the Illusion Sea Alliance.

Several disciples of the Duck Sect had already fallen in a pool of blood, leaving only Aria struggling alone.

She was already injured, and with great exhaustion, the outcome was clear once she was surrounded.

"Brothers! This woman is as beautiful as a flower and as graceful as jade. It would be a shame to kill her. Capture her alive, and we can have some fun today!" shouted the leader of the group, his eyes gleaming as he focused on Aria's graceful figure.

"No problem!"

A group of Illusion Sea Alliance members grinned, their faces full of malice.

The senior sister of the Duck Sect was a well-known beauty in the martial world. If they could taste a bit of her, it would be worth risking their lives to come here.

"You shameless scum! I'll kill you all!" Aria, infuriated and embarrassed, swung her Duck blades fiercely, each move lethal.

But at this moment, she was alone and exhausted, unable to break through. She could only be mocked and played with.

"Hahaha... Keep struggling! The more you struggle, the more excited I get!"

"Come on! Come closer!"

The leader teased with his moves while making provocative remarks. Occasionally, he would make a not-too-small wound on Aria to wear her down.

He had been in the Illusion Sea Alliance for many years and played with many women, but encountering a thorny rose like her was quite rare.

Having this opportunity, he was determined to thoroughly enjoy himself today.

"Beasts! You're asking for death!"

Watching his fiancée being toyed with and mocked, Adriel, who had just arrived, instantly erupted in anger.

"Senior Brother Adriel, save me!"

Seeing Adriel, Aria seemed to have found a savior. Her face lit up, and she quickly shouted for help.

"Damn it! It's you, the troublemaker again!"

The leader of the group spat on the ground, his face dark as he shouted, "Elder Leo didn't kill you, and now it's my turn to deal with you. Brothers, let's slaughter this kid together!"

With a wave of his hand, he immediately led a group of Illusion Sea Alliance members to attack.

"Swish, swish, swish, swish, swish..."

At that moment, a large number of crossbow bolts were shot from a distance. They accurately hit the members of the Illusion Sea Alliance after passing over Adriel and the others.

For a moment, the members of the Illusion Sea Alliance screamed in pain.

Some fell heavily wounded, while others died on the spot.

In just one round of coordinated shooting, nearly half of the Illusion Sea Alliance members were casualties.

"What the hell is going on? Where did these hidden arrows come from?" The leader, filled with shock and anger, shouted.

"Guild Master, could it be reinforcements from the Gold Blade Sect?" someone panicked.

"Reinforcements?" The leader's face changed, and he urgently said, "Not good! Retreat!"

It was only at this moment that he finally realized why Adriel and the others hadn't died and had instead broken through the encirclement to come to their aid.

As it turned out, there was another force secretly assisting them.

"Retreat! Quick retreat!"

Seeing the dead bodies on the ground, the remaining members of the Illusion Sea Alliance didn't dare to hesitate; they turned and fled.

"Swish, swish, swish..."

From a distance, another round of coordinated shooting occurred. Numerous crossbow bolts rained down like a storm, directly covering the retreating Illusion Sea Alliance members.

"Ahh~!"

"Ahh~!"

Chapter 1975: A hint of a smile flashed across her lips

The screams echoed one after another.

Except for the leader, who had outstanding strength and managed to block all the crossbow bolts, the rest of the Illusion Sea Alliance members lay in a pool of blood.

"Damn it! You dare to kill members of our Illusion Sea Alliance? You wait, this matter isn't over today!" The leader, with a sinister expression, spat out these harsh words and hastened his escape.

"Senior Brother Adriel, don't let him get away!" Aria immediately shouted.

"You scoundrel! Where do you think you're going?"

Without hesitation, Adriel chased after him, engaging in a fierce battle with the leader.

As the leader of the Illusion Sea Alliance, the man had considerable strength, but compared to Adriel, a talented martial artist of the Gold Blade Sect, he fell short.

After dozens of exchanges, risking the danger of being cut by the opponent's blade, Adriel finally knocked the leader to the ground.

With a long knife pressed against the man's neck, he immobilized him.

"Hero! Don't... don't kill me. I know I was wrong."

"I have an 80-year-old wife and a newborn child. I beg you to spare my life. I promise to turn over a new leaf in the future!"

The leader panicked, pleading for mercy.

"Hmph! If you had known today, why act like this in the first place?" Adriel said coldly.

"In the martial world, one's choices are not always one's own. I was forced into this situation!" the leader cried, his face full of sorrow. "Hero! As long as you spare my life, I can offer all the treasures I've obtained!"

"You..."

Just as Adriel was about to say something, a flash of a blade appeared, and a long knife suddenly pierced through the man's chest.

The one who struck was Aria!

"Senior Brother Adriel, why waste time talking to such a shameless person? Just finish him off!" Aria said with a cold expression, seemingly not satisfied. She added a few more cuts to the man's body until he completely stopped moving.

Adriel frowned slightly but didn't say anything.

The Illusion Sea Alliance members had brought trouble upon themselves, and their deaths were deserved.

"Senior Brother Adriel, thank you. Thanks to your timely intervention, I was saved from danger," Aria said, retracting her knife and expressing gratitude with a smile towards Adriel.

It had to be admitted that Aria was very beautiful, and her exceptional demeanor. Just a simple smile from her dispersed all the previous unpleasantness Adriel had felt.

"It's nothing, just a small effort," Adriel replied with a smile.

"Humph! Senior Sister Aria, our Senior Brother risked his life to save us, and you, on the other hand, left without saying a word, escaping on your own. Is that appropriate?" a disciple of the Gold Blade Sect said with a cold expression.

Although others didn't speak, their expressions were not favorable either.

Clearly, they were all quite displeased with Aria's behavior of abandoning them.

"Please don't misunderstand, everyone. The reason I withdrew earlier was that I was exhausted and had no strength to help. Staying there would have made me a burden to you all. In order not to distract you, I made the painful decision to leave. There was no other meaning behind it," Aria explained with a righteous appearance.

"So, we should be grateful to you?" the Gold Blade Sect disciple said sarcastically.

"This junior brother is speaking too harshly. The Gold Blade Sect and the Duck Sect have always had a good relationship, assisting each other as a matter of course. If I did anything wrong, please forgive me," Aria said, bowing deeply and showing sincerity.

"You..."

The Gold Blade Sect disciple was about to speak, but Adriel raised his hand to interrupt, saying, "Enough! What's in the past is in the past. As long as Aria is safe, that's what matters."

"Thank you, Senior Brother Adriel, for your understanding!" Aria nodded slightly and expressed gratitude, but a hint of a smile flashed across her lips as she lowered her head.

Chapter 1975: A hint of a smile flashed across her lips

The screams echoed one after another.

Except for the leader, who had outstanding strength and managed to block all the crossbow bolts, the rest of the Illusion Sea Alliance members lay in a pool of blood.

"Damn it! You dare to kill members of our Illusion Sea Alliance? You wait, this matter isn't over today!" The leader, with a sinister expression, spat out these harsh words and hastened his escape.

"Senior Brother Adriel, don't let him get away!" Aria immediately shouted.

"You scoundrel! Where do you think you're going?"

Without hesitation, Adriel chased after him, engaging in a fierce battle with the leader.

As the leader of the Illusion Sea Alliance, the man had considerable strength, but compared to Adriel, a talented martial artist of the Gold Blade Sect, he fell short.

After dozens of exchanges, risking the danger of being cut by the opponent's blade, Adriel finally knocked the leader to the ground.

With a long knife pressed against the man's neck, he immobilized him.

"Hero! Don't... don't kill me. I know I was wrong."

"I have an 80-year-old wife and a newborn child. I beg you to spare my life. I promise to turn over a new leaf in the future!"

The leader panicked, pleading for mercy.

"Hmph! If you had known today, why act like this in the first place?" Adriel said coldly.

"In the martial world, one's choices are not always one's own. I was forced into this situation!" the leader cried, his face full of sorrow. "Hero! As long as you spare my life, I can offer all the treasures I've obtained!"

"You..."

Just as Adriel was about to say something, a flash of a blade appeared, and a long knife suddenly pierced through the man's chest.

The one who struck was Aria!

"Senior Brother Adriel, why waste time talking to such a shameless person? Just finish him off!" Aria said with a cold expression, seemingly not satisfied. She added a few more cuts to the man's body until he completely stopped moving.

Adriel frowned slightly but didn't say anything.

The Illusion Sea Alliance members had brought trouble upon themselves, and their deaths were deserved.

"Senior Brother Adriel, thank you. Thanks to your timely intervention, I was saved from danger," Aria said, retracting her knife and expressing gratitude with a smile towards Adriel.

It had to be admitted that Aria was very beautiful, and her exceptional demeanor. Just a simple smile from her dispersed all the previous unpleasantness Adriel had felt.

"It's nothing, just a small effort," Adriel replied with a smile.

"Humph! Senior Sister Aria, our Senior Brother risked his life to save us, and you, on the other hand, left without saying a word, escaping on your own. Is that appropriate?" a disciple of the Gold Blade Sect said with a cold expression.

Although others didn't speak, their expressions were not favorable either.

Clearly, they were all quite displeased with Aria's behavior of abandoning them.

"Please don't misunderstand, everyone. The reason I withdrew earlier was that I was exhausted and had no strength to help. Staying there would have made me a burden to you all. In order not to distract you, I made the painful decision to leave. There was no other meaning behind it," Aria explained with a righteous appearance.

"So, we should be grateful to you?" the Gold Blade Sect disciple said sarcastically.

"This junior brother is speaking too harshly. The Gold Blade Sect and the Duck Sect have always had a good relationship, assisting each other as a matter of course. If I did anything wrong, please forgive me," Aria said, bowing deeply and showing sincerity.

"You..."

The Gold Blade Sect disciple was about to speak, but Adriel raised his hand to interrupt, saying, "Enough! What's in the past is in the past. As long as Aria is safe, that's what matters."

"Thank you, Senior Brother Adriel, for your understanding!" Aria nodded slightly and expressed gratitude, but a hint of a smile flashed across her lips as she lowered her head.
This Aria is only fooling Adriel. She doesn't love him

Chapter 1976: A treasure trove

Several disciples of the Gold Blade Sect were displeased with Aria's actions, but out of consideration for Adriel's face, they ultimately endured it.

Under Adriel's protection, Aria safely integrated into the group.

"Aria, let me introduce you. This is Miss Margaret, beautiful and kind-hearted. Just now, it was thanks to Miss Margaret's intervention that the Illusion Sea Alliance members were driven away, and we were safe," Adriel said, guiding Aria forward and providing a brief introduction.

"Thank you, Miss Margaret," Aria bowed slightly and expressed gratitude, saying, "I owe you my life. When I return to my sect, I will surely report this to the elders and express my gratitude!"

"Miss Aria, no need to be polite," Margaret said with a faint smile. "You are Senior Brother Adriel's fiancée, so you are our friend. Helping each other is only natural."

"Miss Margaret, regardless, we owe you a favor, both the Gold Blade Sect and the Duck Sect," Adriel clasped his hands together.

The Illusion Sea Alliance was not a group of good people, and Margaret had taken a risk by intervening.

Adriel deeply remembered this favor.

"Aria, this person next to Miss Margaret is Brother Dustin. Young and talented, powerful in martial arts. Even defeated Marcel, the second disciple of the Wanderer Dragon Sect," Adriel introduced Dustin.

"Oh? To defeat Marcel, the second disciple of the Wanderer Dragon Sect, Brother Dustin is indeed formidable!" Aria bowed her head and expressed admiration. "Seeing Brother Dustin's youth, I wonder which sect he hails from?"

The person before her was handsome and imposing, a truly rare handsome man.

"No sect, no faction. A first-stage wanderer," Dustin said lightly.

"That's good. Our Duck Sect needs young talents like Brother Dustin. Brother Dustin, would you be interested in joining us?" Aria asked with a sincere expression.

Being able to defeat Marcel indicated that Dustin's strength was not inferior to Adriel's.

At such a young age, having such cultivation was a great achievement. If they could recruit him into their sect, it would be a significant gain.

Of course, the main reason was that he looked really handsome, the type she liked.

"I'm used to being free and unbound, not interested in joining any sect," Dustin declined.

"Brother Dustin, traveling alone in the martial world makes one vulnerable. If we, the Duck Sect, offer protection, it would be different. With Brother Dustin's talents, once you join the Duck Sect, you will surely be highly regarded!" Aria tried to persuade him.

"Humph! If even I can't convince this kid, what's your Duck Sect?" Miguel, who was standing nearby, unexpectedly spoke up.

He had been resentful about Dustin rejecting the offer to be his disciple.

"Who is this..."

Aria glanced over, slightly frowning, but she didn't erupt.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce him. This is Senior Miguel, also known as Desert Dragon," Adriel quickly reminded.

"What? Desert Dragon Miguel? One of the top five experts in the southwest?" Aria's pupils contracted, showing surprise.

Desert Dragon, Miguel, was indeed a powerful martial arts master.

His strength was a few points higher than their sect leader's.

However, it was rumored that Miguel, the Desert Dragon, was elusive, rarely seen, and it was strange for him to appear here and associate with these people.

"What's the matter? Any problem?" Miguel glanced at her with an indifferent expression.

"Junior Aria pays respects to Senior Miguel!" Aria immediately bowed, showing respect. "My master has spoken highly of Senior Miguel's extraordinary martial arts. Today, being able to witness Senior Miguel's demeanor is truly a great fortune for me."

"Heh... you're quite articulate, little girl." Miguel's expression softened.

Flattery worked, no matter how aware one was of its intention.

"My words are true. My master holds Senior Miguel in great esteem as well. If Senior Miguel has time, perhaps you could visit our Duck Sect as a guest," Aria extended an invitation.

"We'll see when the time comes," Miguel replied casually.

"Miss Aria, when the Illusion Sea Alliance attacked your Duck Sect just now, it seemed to be for some treasure. I wonder what treasure you found here. How about showing it to us?" Jackson suddenly spoke.

Earlier, the Illusion Sea Alliance members fought desperately, all for the treasure in the possession of the Duck Sect.

He was quite curious to know what it was that made the disciples of the Duck Sect risk their lives and refuse to part with it.

"Treasure? What treasure?" Aria pretended not to know.

"Miss Aria, speaking like this is pointless. We all saw the situation just now. If it wasn't for some treasure, why would the Illusion Sea Alliance attack you?" Jackson said meaningfully.

"Indeed, Miss Aria, we just want to broaden our horizons. We won't snatch your treasure. You're not so petty, are you?" The short-haired woman from the Black Scorpion Squad added sarcastically.

"You're making jokes. It's not that I won't show it to you; it's just that the treasure is not with me right now. So, I can't bring it out at the moment," Aria shook her head.

The principle of not revealing wealth was something she understood well. If she disclosed the treasure, it might attract the attention of some unscrupulous individuals.

"Miss Aria, if the treasure that made your sect fight so hard to protect is not with you, what if it gets lost? How would you handle that?" Jackson said with a hidden meaning.

"The treasure is already hidden. No one can find it. I will reveal it when the reinforcements from the Duck Sect arrive. If you want to see it, you can wait a few days," Aria smiled.

"Miss Aria, if the treasure you fought so hard to protect isn't with you, I'm afraid it's not that safe," Jackson insinuated.

"Aria, how about I send you back? This place is dangerous," Adriel suddenly spoke.

The disciples of the Duck Sect had been killed, and Aria was injured. It was dangerous for her to stay here alone.

"Senior Brother Adriel, I appreciate your kindness, but I can't leave for now," Aria shook her head.

"Why?" Adriel was curious.

"Because I've discovered a treasure trove!" Aria dropped a bombshell.

Chapter 1977: These people were quite easy to deceive

"Treasure? What treasure?!"

As soon as this statement was made, everyone became alert.

They had entered the oasis with the intention of finding treasure, but until now, there had been no harvest, and some lives were lost in the process.

Now, hearing the word "treasure," they naturally became excited.

"In fact, I planned to explore this treasure land after our sect's reinforcements arrived," Aria said, hesitating deliberately.

"Lady Aria! Time waits for no one. By the time the elite forces of the Duck Sect arrive, someone might have already seized that treasure land!" Jackson urged anxiously.

Having a chance to find treasure was rare, and they were unwilling to miss it.

"Yeah, Lady Aria, we are all in the same boat now. Why not be straightforward? We can search for treasure together, and when we find something, we can split it evenly. How about that?" A short-haired woman added her support.

"I can tell you, but we need to agree in advance. The treasure land was discovered by our Duck Sect. If we find any treasures, our sect must get half, and the rest can be divided among you. What do you think?" Aria laid out her conditions.

The treasure land was fraught with danger, and even with the strength of the Duck Sect, the losses would be substantial if they attempted to seize it.

So, she deliberately brought up the topic to pique the interest of these people and find a group of expendable individuals to scout the way.

If it succeeded, that would be great. Half of the treasures would be enough to make the Duck Sect prosperous.

If it failed, she wouldn't lose much. It was a risk-free deal.

"What? You want to take half for yourselves?" Jackson frowned, "Lady Aria, isn't that too much? There are so many of us, and you're just one person. How can we divide the treasures if you take half?"

"Exactly! This is a typical case of making outrageous demands without doing anything," the short-haired woman expressed her discontent.

Asking for half the treasures without contributing anything seemed excessively greedy.

"Everyone, you can't see it this way. I am the only one who knows about this treasure land. Normally, I could just wait for one or two days until our sect members arrive and collect all the treasures inside. I'm telling you this because you just saved me. We, the Duck Sect, asking for half is already quite generous," Aria said calmly.

Her intention was clear – she could have taken all the treasures for herself, but she was willing to let half go, considering the assistance they provided.

"This..."

At her words, members of the Black Scorpion Squad looked at each other.

Although somewhat dissatisfied, they didn't know how to refuse her.

After all, they needed Aria to lead the way to ensure a safe passage.

"Miss Margaret, what's your opinion?" Jackson turned to Margaret, throwing the problem to her.

In the end, Margaret was the leader of this team, and both Miguel and Adriel had to give her some face.

"I came here for only one treasure. I'm not interested in the rest. As long as Miss Aria lets me choose first, I can give up the remaining treasures willingly," Margaret said calmly.

"No problem!" Aria readily agreed.

She could see that Margaret had a significant influence in the team, and as long as the other party compromised, her plan could proceed smoothly.

"Senior Miguel, what about you?" Jackson turned his head to look at Miguel.

Although Margaret was the leader of the team, the most powerful person present was Miguel, the Desert Dragon. His decision would influence the entire situation.

"I'm a lone wolf, not interested in many treasures. If there's something I like, I'll just pick two items casually, and the rest can go to you all," Miguel said nonchalantly, but he kept a keen eye on the situation.

No one knew what was inside the treasure land. If he could pick two exceptional treasures first, it would undoubtedly give him an advantage.

"Since Senior Miguel and Miss Margaret have agreed, I see no reason to refuse. Let's go with this plan," Jackson reluctantly nodded.

Although somewhat unwilling, the Black Scorpion Squad was outnumbered, and he had no say in the matter. He could only go along with it.

"Good! You are all straightforward people. It's settled then!" Aria revealed a smile, secretly pleased.

These people were quite easy to deceive. She had managed to settle things with just a few words.

"Miss Aria, time is of the essence. Let's go to the treasure location as soon as possible. We don't want to have more dreams than the night can hold," Jackson urged.

During the day, the oasis was relatively safe. However, at night, various monsters became exceptionally active, posing a real and imminent danger.

"Follow me, everyone."

Without wasting time, Aria took a pill and started leading the way.

The group marched forward, making stops along the way. After about three hours, they finally reached the vicinity of their destination.

It was a lake hidden within a dense forest.

The lake was vast, with seemingly bottomless depths and mist swirling above it, making it hard to see clearly.

The surroundings of the lake were eerily quiet, to the point of being unnerving.

Looking around, there was no sign of any living creatures—no insects, fish, birds, or beasts. Only a deathly silence prevailed.

At first glance, it resembled a frozen scene.

Only when a gentle breeze swept through, concentric ripples would appear on the lake's surface.

"Hmm?"

The moment they approached the lake, the heaven’s eye gem on Dustin's body seemed to sense something. It began to vibrate slightly and emitted a faint glow.

Such a clear reaction from the celestial eye indicated that there might be some extraordinary treasures near the lake.

Perhaps the dragon source energy they were searching for was right here!

Chapter 1978: The treasures are hidden at the bottom of this lake

"What's going on?"

Dustin's abnormality quickly caught the attention of Margaret beside him.

"The Heavenly Eye Gem has sensed something," Dustin replied in a low voice.

"Hmm?" Margaret's eyes lit up, and her entire heart tightened. "Is it the Dragon Source Energy?"

"It's hard to say," Dustin shook his head slightly.

The Heavenly Eye Gem does respond to some treasures, but it can't accurately determine what the treasure is. So he couldn't be sure if what was hidden near the lake was really the Dragon Source Energy.

The only thing he could confirm was that whatever made the Heavenly Eye Gem react so strongly was definitely not ordinary.

"Regardless, I want to personally confirm it. Be prepared for anything and don't overlook any clues," Margaret said seriously.

If there really was Dragon Source Energy nearby, she was determined to get her hands on it no matter what.

"Understood," Dustin nodded and didn't say much, instead starting to carefully examine the surroundings.

The sensing of the Heavenly Eye Gem continued.

Moreover, the closer they got to the lake, the more intense the vibration became.

From this, it could be inferred that the treasure should be hidden in the lake.

However, the lake was large, covered in mist, and the water was unfathomable. Finding the treasure in it was not an easy task.

"Aria, is this the treasure you mentioned? Why does it look so ordinary?" Adriel looked around and seemed a bit puzzled.

Around here, apart from the lake and various plants, there was nothing particularly special.

If anything, the skeletons of some animals by the lake looked a bit eerie.

"Miss Aria, could you have chosen the wrong place? There's just a lake here; where's the treasure?" Jackson squinted slightly, looking a bit displeased.

He had initially thought there might be a mountain of treasures piled up, only to see just a lake, feeling like he had wasted his time.

"Everyone, please be patient. This is indeed a treasure land; it's just not apparent yet," Aria said confidently.

"What do you mean? Is there something more here?" Jackson asked.

"That's right!"

Aria nodded and continued, "During the day, the lake is calm, but at night, things change."

"How do they change? Can treasures pop out on their own?" Jackson said dismissively.

"You guessed it right; the treasures are hidden at the bottom of this lake!"

Aria said with a half-smile, "The terrain here is peculiar. At night, the lake water will reverse, creating a ebbing tide phenomenon. At that time, the true face of the lake bottom will be completely revealed."

"Oh? There's such a thing?"

Jackson raised an eyebrow, instantly becoming interested.

No wonder there were no apparent clues on the surface; the treasures were hidden at the lake bottom.

"Little girl, how do you know this so clearly?" Miguel asked casually.

"In response to Senior Miguel's question, I was fortunate to witness such a spectacle last night, which is why I am so sure," Aria replied truthfully.

Last night, while leading disciples of the Duck Sect in search of treasures, they happened to pass by this lake. Fortunately, she saw the strange sight of the lake water reversing.

Most importantly, there was a massive palace-like structure at the lake bottom, radiating colorful lights and clearly hiding many treasures.

Unfortunately, there were too many monsters around the lake last night, and she didn't dare to take the risk, so she had been waiting for the right opportunity.

Chapter 1979: Let's wait a bit longer

Unexpectedly, as dawn broke, the lake water filled the entire lake again, completely burying the palace.

Unable to ascertain the situation inside the lake, she didn't rashly dive in.

"Little girl, are you sure there are treasures hidden beneath this lake?" Miguel asked again.

"Absolutely certain, I can swear to it!" Aria said with unwavering confidence.

"Good, then we'll wait here. When it's night time, we'll see what secrets the lake bottom holds," Miguel nodded.

"Senior Miguel, why wait until night? Exploring the lake now might be better," Jackson suggested.

Everyone knew that night time was when monsters were most active. Even though everything seemed calm now, once it got dark, various monsters might appear around the lake, making it dangerous.

"The lake is deep, and we can't see the bottom at a glance. Going down now, we won't even be able to distinguish directions, let alone find treasures," Miguel calmly replied.

"Senior Miguel, to be frank, my team members are seasoned warriors, skilled in various abilities. In terms of diving, they have extensive experience. Going down in advance to assess the situation is entirely feasible," Jackson said proudly.

The members of their Black Scorpion Squad, while not outstanding in terms of combat power, were experts in survival. Otherwise, Margaret wouldn't have paid them a hefty sum to lead the way.

"Oh? Is that so?" Miguel raised an eyebrow, smiling. "If your people can really find the treasure location, I can decide to give you a bit more of the loot!"

"Thank you, Senior Miguel!"

Upon hearing this, Jackson couldn't help but show a pleased expression. This was exactly what he wanted.

His Black Scorpion Squad didn't have a clear advantage in front of these elite disciples from various sects.

"If we don't take some risks, how can we get our hands on the treasures?"

"Scorpion Team, based on what I see, let's wait a bit longer," Margaret suddenly spoke, "No one knows what's hidden at the bottom of this lake. Diving recklessly can be very dangerous."

On the shore, if they encountered any monsters, there was still a chance to escape. Under the lake, if they ran into trouble, there would be no way out.

"Miss Margaret, please rest assured. My team members all have more than five years of diving experience and are familiar with the underwater conditions. I believe they can handle any unexpected situations," Jackson said confidently.

He had his own motives for insisting on this approach. In a normal distribution of treasures, his Black Scorpion Squad wouldn't get much. If they explored in advance, they could easily keep some treasures for themselves, making them the ultimate winners.

"Since Team Scorpion is so confident, please go ahead," Aria said with a half-smile.

"Bull! Take two people with you to explore. Report immediately if anything happens," Jackson turned and signaled a burly bald man behind him.

The man nodded, quickly understanding the meaning.

"You two, follow me!"

The burly bald man selected two members of the Black Scorpion Squad and walked straight toward the lake.

Upon reaching the lake, the three of them took off their clothes, put on goggles, held their machetes in their mouths, and with a splash, they plunged into the lake.

Completely disappearing from sight.

Chapter 1958: The black leopard-like creature

At this moment, on the edge of the camp.

Two elite squads are standing ready, their gazes fixed firmly on the darkness ahead.

There, the roars of wild beasts are getting closer, accompanied by the rumbling of their charge.

At this time, most of the people in the camp have already gathered, preparing to face the unknown monsters.

"Protect the lady!"

When Margaret steps forward, the captain of the royal guards immediately assembles his men, protecting her in case of any danger.

"Brothers! Draw your swords!"

Excitement and nervousness fill Adriel as he commands the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect to form a formation at the front.

Although he often sparred with martial artists from the martial world, he had never before battled monsters, and he couldn't help but feel some anticipation and a few nerves about the unknown.

"Stay vigilant! Act when the time is right!"

Jackson and the members of the Black Scorpion Squad stand slightly farther back.

They have well-rounded abilities, but when it comes to raw combat strength, they naturally can't compare to the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect.

"Don't make a big deal out of it."

Miguel holds a warm jug of wine and lazily leans against a tree, appearing somewhat indifferent.

As a Grandmaster of martial arts, he naturally carries a corresponding level of arrogance.

Ordinary monsters are not worthy of him taking action.

However, he is a bit curious about how many strange and unique things are hidden within this mysterious oasis.

"Roar!"

Just as everyone stands ready, a wild beast's roar suddenly rings out.

Following it, a creature that resembles a deer but isn't quite a deer and a horse but isn't quite a horse bursts out of the darkness.

This creature has two horns on its head, scales all over its body, a tail like a steel whip, sharp teeth in its mouth, and looks exceptionally fierce and intimidating.

"Set on fire!"

The captain of the royal guards gives the command, and the outermost area is set ablaze.

As the roaring flames rise, the entire camp area becomes as bright as day.

The original cold is quickly dispelled, and the surroundings become warm.

"Roar!"

The sudden wall of fire startles the creature that resembles a deer and a horse. It lets out a neigh and lifts its front hooves, not daring to advance any further.

The fear of fire is almost instinctual for most wild animals.

"Hah! It scared me for a moment. I thought it was really tough, but it can't even get past the fire wall. Typical appearance not matching its abilities."

"It does look intimidating, but it can't even cross a fire wall. It's all show and no substance."

"This creature is so peculiar. If we capture it alive, we should be able to sell it for a lot of money, right?"

"That's right! Capture it alive and sell it!"

The people start to get excited and discuss how valuable this rare species would be if they could auction it in the underground market.

Its value would surely surpass that of any natural treasures.

"Roar!"

As they are discussing, another monster charges out from the darkness.

This monster resembles a leopard but is exceptionally large, twice the size of the deer-horse creature. It has black fur all over its body, and in the light of the fire, it shimmers as if covered in black armor.

As soon as the black leopard-like creature appears, it opens its bloodthirsty mouth and bites fiercely into the neck of the deer-horse creature.

Its massive body easily pins the deer-horse creature to the ground and starts tearing at its prey with frenzy.

"Neigh~!"

The deer-horse creature lets out a pathetic cry, wildly kicking its four hooves and swinging its dual horns on its head, attempting to break free.

However, no matter how it struggles, it can't escape the black leopard-like creature's savage attacks.

There's a significant size difference between the two, and with a single swipe of its claw, the black leopard-like creature can keep the deer-horse creature's head pinned to the ground, rendering it immobile.

"Neigh~!"

As the cries weaken, the deer-horse creature gradually stops struggling, and blood flows all around it.

The black leopard-like creature pays no attention to the onlookers and starts feasting on its prey in public.

The scent of blood begins to quickly spread.

"What... What is this thing?"

"Damn! It looks really fierce!"

As they watch the ferocious and savage black leopard-like creature, the people widen their eyes, expressing both surprise and fear.

First, it's the creature's enormous size, larger than even a tiger, standing at nearly three meters tall, and it exudes a tremendous sense of dominance just by standing there.

Second, the creature's aggression is astonishing. When it pounced earlier, it was as fast as lightning, making it difficult for people to defend against.

Moreover, its sharp claws and fangs can easily tear through the scales of the deer-horse creature. If it were a person, a single swipe would likely result in being torn to shreds.

Initially, they thought the camp had been invaded by the deer-horse creature. However, they've now realized that it was being pursued, with an even more powerful predator following it.

"Miss, what should we do? Should we capture it alive or hunt it down?" the captain of the royal guards cautiously asks.

This black leopard-like creature, if captured alive and brought back to Stonia, would unquestionably be a marvel.

The only issue is that this creature is extremely fierce and has incredible combat abilities. Killing it would be easy, but capturing it alive might result in some of their comrades getting injured.

"No need to worry. If it leaves on its own after its meal, we'll consider it as if nothing happened," Margaret calmly replies.

She initially thought it was a monster attacking the camp, but she has now realized that it was a predator hunting for food.

This is the natural order of the oasis, and as long as it doesn't threaten the safety of the team, she prefers not to interfere.

"This exotic beast is excellent. I'm going to capture it to use as a mount!"

Suddenly, laughter rings out.

The people turn to see Miguel, who is carrying a jug of wine and is walking forward with enthusiasm.

His eyes are gleaming, showing his clear interest in the black leopard-like creature.

"Senior Miguel, this creature is incredibly fierce. Are you sure about this?" Adriel cautiously asks.

"What? Do you think I can't subdue it?" Miguel raises an eyebrow, showing some displeasure.

"It's not that," Shi Hao quickly shakes his head and clarifies, "Senior Miguel, with your incredible strength, subduing an exotic beast would be a walk in the park. However, the thing is, wildness is hard to tame. I'm afraid that taking this thing with us may cause a lot of trouble."

"Quit the nonsense! I don't care about any trouble. I've decided on this exotic beast, and no one can take it from me!" Miguel's tone is very assertive.

If he could make such a majestic exotic beast his mount, his name as the Desert Dragon would surely become known far and wide!
👍

Chapter 1959: A terrifying display of intelligence

"Since Senior Miguel insists, I won't say more," Adriel says, seeing that his advice is not being heeded.

For such an unheard-of exotic beast, once it's revealed to the world, it will undoubtedly cause a sensation.

As for what will happen in the end, no one knows.

"Little girl, I want to capture this exotic beast alive. Can I borrow your Dragon-Binding Rope?" Miguel suddenly turns to Margaret.

With his level of cultivation, defeating this exotic beast is simple, but subduing and taming it would take some time.

Regular ropes would be ineffective against a creature of this size.

Only the Dragon-Binding Rope, a treasure, could bind such an exotic beast.

"Senior Miguel, since you've asked, I naturally won't refuse," Margaret gestures for the captain of the royal guards to bring the Dragon-Binding Rope, and then hands it to Miguel.

"Thank you, little girl. Today, I, Miguel, will owe you one. If you encounter any trouble in the future, don't hesitate to find me!" Miguel's mood is quite good after receiving the rope.

Just as he is about to approach the exotic beast, a sudden change occurs.

The black leopard-like creature, which had been feeding, seems to sense something and suddenly becomes alert, lifting its head.

Its emerald green eyes look left and right, and its steel-like black fur slightly stands on end, displaying a stance as if it's facing a formidable enemy.

"Boom!"

At this moment, the ground in front suddenly explodes, creating a massive crater.

Following that, a sandy-yellow giant python bursts out of the hole.

This giant python is as thick as a water tank, and it stretches more than ten meters in length. Its entire body is covered in scales, glistening like metal.

From a distance, it looks like a locomotive.

"Oh my god!"

This unexpected turn of events startles everyone.

The black leopard-like creature was already terrifying enough, but now, an even more frightening giant python has emerged.

How many monsters are hidden in this place?

"Hiss~!"

The yellow giant python, bursting from the ground, lets out a piercing hiss and charges toward the black leopard-like creature.

"Roar!"

The black leopard-like creature, not to be outdone, roars and charges head-on at the giant python.

The two exotic beasts quickly engage in a fierce battle.

The advantage of the black leopard-like creature lies in its speed, sharp claws and fangs, and its agility in movement.

On the other hand, the giant python has the advantage of its enormous size, incredible strength, and high defense.

The black leopard-like creature's attacks mainly involve biting and slashing before retreating after each strike, avoiding prolonged combat.

As for the giant python, it mainly uses its body to slam or its tail to strike.

The two exotic beasts engage in a back-and-forth battle.

On the surface, the black leopard-like creature seems to have the upper hand because each of its attacks leaves several wounds on the giant python.

In contrast, the giant python, due to its bulky body, appears somewhat clumsy and can't gain the upper hand against the black leopard-like creature.

"Hahaha... it looks like my mount is still superior!" Seeing this scene, Miguel can't help but burst into laughter, feeling even more delighted.

If he can tame this exotic beast as his mount, he will undoubtedly become incredibly prestigious when he goes out in the future.

"The python hasn't fully exerted its power yet. It's hard to say who will win. The deer may die at the hands of the hunter; it's difficult to predict," Dustin calmly remarks.

The black leopard-like creature may seem ferocious, often lunging forward to strike with its claws.

However, its attacks are largely ineffective against the well-armored giant python with its thick skin and scales.

"Young man, it seems like you need to practice your observation skills. It's so obvious that even I can see it. I guarantee that in less than three minutes, that giant python will be in full retreat!" Miguel confidently declares.

"Is that so? Then let's watch and see," Dustin smiles faintly and doesn't say much.

The battle between the two exotic beasts intensifies.

Wherever they go, destruction follows.

Even the defensive structures in front of the camp have been heavily damaged.

These defenses are sufficient against ordinary beasts, but they are completely inadequate against powerful exotic beasts like these.

To avoid collateral damage, everyone has to keep their distance.

"Roar!"

As the battle rages on, the black leopard-like creature seems to have found an opening and suddenly bites the giant python on the neck.

Then it starts tearing frantically, attempting to deliver a fatal blow.

The giant python appears to have been prepared for this. When it is bitten on the neck, it suddenly turns around and spews a black poison mist from its mouth.

"Whoosh!"

In the blink of an eye, the poison mist completely engulfs the black leopard-like creature.

The black leopard-like creature cries out in agony and dares not continue to tear. Instead, it turns and flees.

However, after being poisoned, its speed noticeably slows down.

Seizing the opportunity, the giant python strikes it with a heavy whip-like tail.

The black leopard-like creature is instantly flung more than ten meters away, crashing into two large trees before coming to a stop.

Just as it shudders and tries to stand up, the giant python swiftly slithers over and coils around the black leopard-like creature's body, then slowly tightens its grip.

It's evident that it intends to use its immense strength to strangle the black leopard-like creature to death.

"Roar!"

Faced with the threat of death, the black leopard-like creature howls and struggles incessantly.

However, its body is already bound, and it can't move.

It can only helplessly watch as the giant python slowly compresses its body, gradually squeezing the air out of it.

Three minutes later.

The black leopard-like creature has completely lost its breath.

In this life-or-death struggle, it has been defeated.

The disparity in size and strength left no room for error.

Once the giant python had an opportunity, it meant becoming food.

"How could this happen? My mount actually lost?" Miguel frowns, his face showing displeasure.

He had thought the black leopard had a sure victory, but it was defeated by the giant python in the blink of an eye.

While the giant python is more formidable, it is not suitable to be a mount.

He can't ride a snake when he goes out, right?

That would look ridiculous!

"This giant python probably already possesses some level of intelligence and understands how to use tactics," Margaret remarks in amazement.

She has just realized that the giant python hadn't been using its full strength initially but had been feigning weakness, waiting for the right moment.

When the black leopard believed it had seized an opportunity, it had unknowingly fallen into the giant python's trap.

The true strength of the giant python wasn't its incredible power but its ability to deploy a hidden poison mist.

It's truly a terrifying display of intelligence!
👍

Chapter 1960: The black giant eagle

"Senior Miguel, it seems that the Dragon Binding Rope in your hands is of no use now," said Dustin, his expression a mix of amusement and sarcasm.

The Dragon Binding Rope might work against the bound Black Panther creature, but it was completely ineffective against the yellow giant python.

Or perhaps, there was simply no way to approach it.

"This beast! How dare it kill my mount? I must kill it!" Miguel couldn't bear the humiliation.

Just as he was about to take action and slay the yellow giant python, a sudden change occurred.

A massive shadow passed overhead, high up in the sky, catching everyone's attention.

The shadow belonged to a huge eagle, its body pitch black, its feathers like steel, with wings stretching over ten meters when fully extended.

At first glance, it looked like a passenger plane.

The eagle was incredibly fast, descending rapidly from the high altitude, covering several hundred meters in the blink of an eye.

Wherever it passed, a fierce wind roared, trees toppled, and sand and stones flew.

"Whoosh!"

The gust of wind stirred up by the giant eagle made everyone sway, struggling to maintain their balance.

"Screech!"

With a long cry, the black giant eagle suddenly pounced towards the yellow giant python, its two enormous claws, resembling steel, grabbed at it.

"Hiss!"

Seeing it couldn't dodge in time, the yellow giant python quickly opened its mouth and sprayed a black poisonous mist.

However, the black giant eagle seemed to have anticipated this, and in the instant the poison mist was released, its enormous wings shook violently.

A powerful hurricane instantly dispersed the poison mist.

Seizing this opportunity, the black giant eagle's claws fiercely gripped the yellow giant python's body.

The sharp claws, half a meter long, easily pierced through the python's scales, delving deep into its flesh.

In intense pain, the yellow giant python thrashed and struggled, but it couldn't break free from the grip.

"Screech!"

The black giant eagle let out another long cry, rapidly flapping its wings, creating surges of fierce hurricanes. Its massive body immediately lifted off the ground, taking the yellow giant python with it, swiftly ascending into the sky.

The yellow giant python attempted to resist, but the black giant eagle used its long beak to peck violently at its head, creating a massive hole in an instant.

After a few convulsions, the yellow giant python fell completely still.

The black giant eagle, holding its prey, elegantly flew away.

The entire process happened so quickly that none of the people present had time to react.

Who would have expected such a turn of events?

They had thought the python was the ultimate victor, the apex predator standing atop the food chain. Little did they know that the once imposing python would become the prey of the black giant eagle in the blink of an eye.

As the saying goes, the mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind.

In this oasis, the roles of hunter and prey were constantly shifting.

One moment you were the hunter, and the next moment, you could become the hunted.

When the black panther hunted the dear-horse creature, it had not anticipated being targeted by the python. Similarly, when the python hunted the black panther, it had not expected that a more powerful giant eagle was lurking above in the sky.

In just a few minutes, everyone witnessed the brutal laws of the jungle.

Here, no creature was safe.
👍

Chapter 1961: His final words

One moment of carelessness could lead to a tragic fate.

The recent series of struggles was the best example.

"Oh my God! The python from just now was killed just like that?"

"The python was formidable, but unfortunately, it encountered its natural enemy."

"It's too terrifying! Even such a powerful python was instantly killed. Aren't we even more in danger?!"

As they looked at the mess on the ground, the people, amidst their shock, felt a deep sense of unease.

This place was incredibly cruel and dangerous.

At any moment, they could become prey for the exotic beasts.

And most likely, they would die without a clear reason.

At this moment, they finally understood why Titus had been driven insane with fear earlier.

Facing such a dangerous and terrifying place, even a normal person couldn't endure it.

Moreover, it was only the first half of the night. No one knew if even more powerful monsters would appear in the second half of the night.

"It seems this place is even more dangerous than we anticipated," sighed Adriel softly, his face filled with seriousness.

"It's said that fortune favors the bold. If it's not dangerous, how could those rare treasures be within our reach?" Miguel remained calm.

With his strength, he could easily handle even the black giant eagle they had just encountered, so he had nothing to worry about.

"What we fear is having a treasure hunt but not being able to enjoy the spoils," Adriel shook his head.

Fortunately, they were a large group, and they had Miguel, a martial arts master, with them.

If it were a lone disciple from the Gold Blade Sect venturing in alone, they might suffer heavy losses if they encountered some terrifying monster.

"Everyone, this place is not suitable for a long stay. Quickly pack your things and leave here. Let's find another hiding place," warned Margaret.

The commotion just now might attract other monsters. Moreover, the scent of blood here is strong. The longer we stay, the more dangerous it becomes.

For safety's sake, they must change their location.

"What are you all standing around for? Didn't you hear Miss Margaret's words? Move immediately!" Adriel shouted.

He directed the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect to start packing their belongings.

"Damn it! If I knew it was this dangerous, I would have left during the daytime!" someone in the group lamented, expressing regret.

"Enough of these pessimistic words. With Big Brother here, with Senior Miguel here, and with so many experts around, we can definitely return safely!" another man in a yellow robe spoke up, trying to console the others.

However, as his words fell, a sharp vine suddenly shot out from the ground with lightning speed, directly piercing through his chest.

The vine entered from his back and came out through his chest, smooth and unhindered, as if cutting through tofu.

"Ugh..."

The man in the yellow robe trembled all over and froze on the spot.

He stared wide-eyed, looking down at the vine that had pierced through him, his face filled with disbelief.

What just happened?

Where did this vine come from?

The man in the yellow robe stiffly turned his head, attempting to get a clear look at the thing that had attacked him.

But the next moment, a series of sounds of flesh being torn apart echoed, and more vines shot out, puncturing him all over.

The man's head tilted, and he died on the spot.

Even in death, he never expected that his words just moments ago would become his final words.
👍

Chapter 1962: Regret came too late

"Br...Brother?"

Another man, looking at the man in the yellow robe pierced by the vines, was completely dumbfounded. He stood there in a daze, unable to react for a moment.

The person who was just laughing and talking, how did he suddenly die?

"Drip... Drip... Drip..."

The body of the man in the yellow robe was lifted high by the vines. Blood continuously sprayed out from his body and was swiftly absorbed by the vines. It was evident that the withered vines, after consuming the fresh blood, became fuller and shinier, with a faint layer of blood color coating their surface.

While the vines absorbed the blood, the body of the man in the yellow robe began to rapidly shrivel up at a visible speed.

In just a few breaths, the man in the yellow robe had completely turned into a dried-up corpse!

"Help... someone, help! There's a monster!"

It wasn't until this moment that the other man woke up as if from a dream, starting to scream and run for his life.

He didn't even care about the fallen knife on the ground.

"Swish!"

Just as the man turned to flee, another vine shot out from the ground with lightning speed, piercing through his head like a javelin.

The vine penetrated from the back of his head, coming out from his mouth, pinning him to the ground.

The man widened his eyes, his face filled with horror, dying with his eyes open.

If he had known it was this dangerous, he wouldn't have come here for treasure hunting.

Unfortunately, regret came too late.

"Enemy attack!"

Seeing two disciples from the Gold Blade Sect killed, the people around immediately reacted. They drew their weapons, ready for a fight.

After draining the blood of the two disciples from the Gold Blade Sect, the vines seemed unsatisfied. They immediately attacked other warriors, resembling octopus tentacles, agile and flexible.

"Dare to kill my brother? I'll damn well kill all of you!"

Seeing his fellow sect members killed, a burly man instantly flew into a rage and immediately drew his sword, attacking without any fear.

"Die!"

The burly man roared, wildly swinging his large sword.

Sharp sword Internal Energy shot out, cutting the nearby vines into pieces.

The burly man's swordsmanship was exquisite, leaving no openings as he swung his sword. While on the offensive, he also managed to maintain his defense.

After he severed the two vines, the remaining vines changed direction and attacked him.

The vines were fast and powerful, but relatively fragile. While they could deal significant damage in a sneak attack, facing a martial arts expert head-on, they were easily cut apart.

"Swish, swish, swish..."

The burly man kept swinging his sword, launching continuous attacks.

A web of white sword internal energy formed in front of him, slicing all the incoming vines into sections.

"Amazing swordsmanship!"

Seeing this scene, many people showed surprise and admiration. The burly man was obviously one of the best among the Gold Blade Sect disciples.

Not only was he incredibly strong, but his swordsmanship was also impeccable, without any flaws.

He steadily and methodically cut down all the vines, remaining unscathed from start to finish.

His strength surpassed most of the people present.

No wonder he dared to take the lead; he had the corresponding confidence.

"Die!"

The burly man roared, and his steel sword swept through, severing the last vine from its roots.

Finally, he sheathed his sword and took a deep breath.

Although he managed to cut down all the vines after attacking aggressively, he had also expended a great deal of energy. His internal energy was struggling to keep up after the intense onslaught.
👍

Chapter 1963: The silver vine

"Hmph! These damn things dare to attack my brother! I'll burn you all to ashes with fire!"

Seeing the severed vines still wriggling around, not completely dead, the burly man's anger flared up. He immediately picked up a nearby torch, ready to burn everything down.

"Sixth Junior Brother! Watch your back!"

At this moment, Adriel, who was some distance away, seemed to have spotted something and immediately shouted a warning.

"Huh?"

The burly man felt a sense of danger and quickly turned around. He saw a silver vine, like a long spear, thrusting towards him.

The previous vines had been dull gray, appearing ordinary.

But this vine was silver, thicker, tougher, and faster.

"Courting death!"

The burly man's wrist turned, and his steel sword fiercely slashed at the silver vine, attempting to split it in half.

"Clang!"

At the moment when the steel sword collided with the vine, sparks flew, accompanied by the sound of metal hitting metal.

The silver vine's attack came to a halt, but the burly man was pushed back two steps from the impact.

"So tough?"

The burly man's eyelids twitched as he glanced at his steel sword. He noticed a nick in the spot where he had just struck. In other words, the silver vine's hardness exceeded that of his sword.

What kind of vine was this? It was clearly a divine weapon!

"Swish!"

Without giving the burly man time to react, the silver vine struck again.

Its speed was as fast as a silver lightning bolt.

The burly man didn't dare to underestimate it and immediately raised his sword to block.

Thus began an intense battle between the man and the vine.

Despite the burly man's fierce swordsmanship and frequent attacks, he couldn't cut through the silver vine at all.

Even with his full strength, the burly man could only shake the silver vine.

After a series of fierce clashes, the silver vine remained undamaged, while the burly man's sword was now full of nicks, almost falling apart.

"Clang!"

After another powerful collision, the burly man's sword finally couldn't bear the strain and broke into pieces.

"Sixth Junior Brother! Retreat quickly!"

Seeing the situation turning dire, Adriel immediately shouted and rushed over, prepared to assist the burly man.

"Hmph! I refuse to believe I can't handle you!"

The burly man's face was full of defiance. He dropped his broken sword and grabbed the silver vine with both hands.

Soon, a tug of war ensued between the man and the vine.

Both sides struggled like they were playing a game of tug of war.

The silver vine desperately tried to retract while the burly man exerted force to pull it outwards.

For a moment, neither side could gain the upper hand.

"Get up!"

Gritting his teeth, the burly man stomped the ground, instantly channeling his qi throughout his entire body. His muscles swelled, veins bulged, his face turned crimson, and his eyes started to bleed.

Under the burly man's immense strength, the silver vine was gradually pulled out bit by bit.

"Sixth Junior Brother! Well done!"

Seeing this, Adriel's face lit up with joy. He drew his own sword, ready to cut the silver vine while it was still restrained.

However, at that moment, a sudden change occurred.

"Swish!"

Just as the burly man struggled to pull, another silver vine shot out from the ground, piercing through the burly man's chest at lightning speed.

After the second silver vine emerged, it was followed by a third, fourth, fifth...

In the blink of an eye, over a dozen silver vines broke through the soil, stabbing the burly man's body from all directions, leaving him covered in wounds.
👍

Chapter 1964: This is no oasis; it's hell

A silver tree vine, already very difficult to deal with.

However, no one expected that in the blink of an eye, more than a dozen equally powerful silver tree vines emerged.

The burly man was pierced into a bloody mess with countless wounds as he simply blinked.

"How could this be..."

The burly man stared in disbelief.

He thought that the silver tree vine he was dealing with was the most formidable skill of the monster, but it turned out to be just a warm-up.

What kind of monster is this, and why is it so powerful?

More than a dozen silver tree vines, like tentacles, lifted the burly man into the air, and then suddenly exerted force.

"Crack!"

The burly man's body was instantly torn to pieces.

Large amounts of blood sprayed out, falling to the ground along with the fragments.

Unlike the previous blood extraction, the behavior of the silver tree vines this time seemed more like a display of dominance.

"No!!"

Adriel was furious, his eyes widened.

Watching his sixth junior brother being torn into pieces alive, he had completely lost his sanity at this moment.

Without caring, he rushed forward with his knife.

"Die for me!"

Adriel roared, swinging his long knife incessantly.

Sharp white knife energy, like a raging storm, swept towards the silver tree vines.

"Clang clang clang..."

Accompanied by a series of golden iron clashes.

Under Adriel's fierce attack, more than a dozen silver tree vines were actually forced to retreat step by step.

In terms of cultivation, knife techniques, and weapons, Adriel was far superior to the burly man who had been dismembered.

Every blow contained powerful true energy.

The originally extremely tough silver tree vines were quickly showing cracks under Adriel's relentless onslaught.

"Senior Brother! We'll help you!"

The other disciples of the Gold Blade Sect didn't hesitate and immediately rushed to assist Adriel in fighting the silver tree vines.

They were all elite members of the Gold Blade Sect, and their training and coordination made them work together seamlessly, relieving some of the pressure on Adriel.

"Beast! I'll uproot you!"

With the help of his junior brothers, Adriel's attack became even more fierce.

Before, he had to consider his own safety while attacking, which had made him somewhat restrained.

Now, he had no worries and just kept attacking fiercely, leaving his back to his junior brothers.

Adriel's knife techniques were very precise. If one strike didn't cut the silver tree vines, he would follow with two, three, four strikes, repeatedly inflicting damage on the same spot.

Although the efficiency was low, it was very effective.

As expected, with Adriel going all out, he soon gained the upper hand.

One by one, the silver tree vines began to be cut off.

After a few minutes, all the silver tree vines were broken.

The broken parts on the ground bounced around without stopping, demonstrating their formidable vitality.

"Pant... Pant..."

Adriel was panting heavily, drenched in sweat.

These silver tree vines were incredibly tough, and every strike required him to exert his full strength to inflict damage.

So, in just a few minutes, he had consumed most of his energy.

Fortunately, all the silver tree vines had been dealt with. If another dozen had emerged, he might not have been able to handle them.

"Senior Brother, are you okay?" one of the Gold Blade Sect disciples asked with concern.

"I'm fine," Adriel shook his head and quickly commanded, "Quickly, burn all these vines to prevent any surprises!"

"Yes!"

Several Gold Blade Sect disciples responded and immediately went to fetch some oil.

However, the next moment, a despair-inducing scene unfolded.

"Thud, thud, thud, thud..."

With a muffled sound, the ground began to shake.

Countless gray tree vines suddenly burst from the soil, reaching into the sky.

Their numbers were countless, in the thousands, and beyond!

As soon as these gray tree vines appeared, they enveloped the entire camp.

It was as if they had wrapped everyone inside like dumplings.

From a distance, it looked like a massive birdcage!

"Thud, thud, thud..."

The ground shook again, and a large number of silver tree vines suddenly shot out from the ground.

At a glance, there were hundreds of them!

"What?!"

Seeing this scene, Adriel was struck dumb, standing there in shock, his face filled with horror.

Cutting more than a dozen tree vines had already drained his strength.

Now, facing hundreds of silver tree vines and tens of thousands of gray tree vines, how could he resist? How could he protect himself?

At this moment, it wasn't just Adriel who was shocked.

Including all the Gold Blade Sect disciples, all the Black Scorpion Squad members, and even Margaret's bodyguards, they were all terrified by the scene before their eyes.

They couldn't have dreamed that there would be so many tree vines.

They had all witnessed the battle of the Gold Blade Sect disciples just now.

Although gray tree vines were relatively fragile, their speed and power made them dangerous, and a single slip could result in being pierced.

As for silver tree vines, there was no need to say anything. Their speed and attack power had increased exponentially, and they were incredibly tough, making them almost invulnerable to blades and swords.

Dealing with gray tree vines required extreme caution, and dealing with silver tree vines was even more perilous.

This was under the assumption that there were only a few tree vines.

However, now, the countless tree vines that covered the entire area were beyond imagination.

Once they launched an attack, the only outcome waiting for them was death!

The only difference was the speed at which they would meet their demise.

"How could this happen? Why are there so many tree vines?"

"We're done for! We're all going to die!"

"This is no oasis; it's hell!"
Watching the thousands of tree vines around them, most of the people had given in to despair.

They wailed and were terrified.

At this moment, they were like fish on a chopping board, awaiting their fate.

"Everyone, don't panic! Organize your forces immediately and prepare to break out!" Margaret quickly spoke out, attempting to calm everyone's emotions.

However, as her words fell, there was a resounding "thud."

A golden tree vine, as thick as a water tank and resembling a gigantic python, suddenly burst from the ground and soared into the sky.

This golden tree vine emitted a terrifying surge of spiritual power, making it more than a hundred times more powerful than the silver tree vines.

After emerging from the ground, the golden tree vine overlooked the crowd from above, like a king looking down on his subjects!
👍

Chapter 1965: The golden tree vine

"What... what is this thing?!"

Staring at the towering golden tree vine in the sky, everyone was in shock beyond words.

The gray and silver tree vines were already awe-inspiring.

But when compared to the thick and long golden tree vine, they were nothing in comparison.

If the gray tree vines were soldiers and the silver tree vines were generals, then the golden tree vine was the king commanding them all.

It didn't need to take any action, just standing there was enough to fill people with dread.

"I have a bad feeling about this. This golden tree vine might be even more powerful than all the silver tree vines combined!"

"What do we do now? How can we deal with this?"

"Are we all going to die here today?"

At this moment, whether it was the disciples of the Gold Blade Sect, members of the Black Scorpion Squad, or Margaret's bodyguards, everyone felt like they were facing a formidable enemy and was filled with fear and anxiety.

The number of tree vines was just too overwhelming for them to handle.

"Don't panic, we still have Senior Miguel here. He can definitely deal with these things!" someone suddenly spoke up.

As this was said, everyone's eyes turned to Miguel.

Each person seemed to grasp onto this statement as if it were a lifeline, their faces filled with hope.

"Yeah! With Senior Miguel here, what are a few tree vines to us?"

"That's right! Senior Miguel is a desert dragon, a powerful martial arts master. Even if these tree vines are formidable, Senior Miguel can easily cut them down."

"This is great! Now we have a chance!"

Miguel's presence brought a sense of calm to everyone.

Almost forgotten in the chaos, they had a martial arts master of tremendous power in their team.

Regardless of the origin of these tree vines, they were no match for a martial arts master.

"Senior Miguel, the situation is critical, and we can only rely on you now," Adriel stepped forward and respectfully greeted Miguel with a fist salute.

Given his abilities, dealing with a dozen or so silver tree vines had already pushed him to the limit. In the current situation, only Miguel had the power to turn the tide.

"There are thousands of tree vines here. Even for me, it would be overwhelming to handle them all," Miguel said calmly.

If he were to handle all the tree vines by himself, he'd end up exhausted. Besides, that golden tree vine was obviously no ordinary plant, and he wasn't sure about its unique characteristics.

"Senior Miguel, it's unlikely that we can cut off all the tree vines, and even if we could, we'd suffer heavy losses. So, our best option is to break out of this situation," Margaret spoke seriously. "To minimize casualties, we need you to deal with the golden tree vine and restrain some of the silver tree vines, buying our team as much time as possible. As long as we break free, you can retreat at any time without risking a deadly battle."

"That's right!" Adriel nodded vigorously. "Senior Miguel, you only need to delay for us as long as it takes to brew a pot of tea!"

"I can agree to your request, but the question is, what's in it for me?" Miguel suddenly asked.

With his level of cultivation, he could easily leave everyone behind and escape on his own. Why should he bother dealing with these peculiar tree vines that offered him no benefit?

"Benefits?" Adriel was taken aback, not quite understanding. "Senior Miguel, aren't we allies? Allies should share both prosperity and adversity, shouldn't they?"

"Allies?"
👍

Chapter 1966: Break through

Miguel raised an eyebrow and said, "First, let's make it clear that we are just traveling companions, each taking what we need. We can't be considered allies. Furthermore, even if we were allies, who stipulated that we must share good fortune and adversity?"

"Uh, well..."

Adriel was left speechless by Miguel's words.

It seemed that the rumors about him in the martial world were not wrong – Miguel was quite temperamental.

"Senior Miguel, if you have any conditions, please feel free to ask. As long as we can do it, we won't refuse," Margaret responded quickly.

It was clear that Miguel intended to demand some benefits in exchange for his help.

"Great!" Miguel smiled slightly at Margaret's response. "I can help you get out of this dangerous situation, but the price is that you have to give me the Dragon-Binding Rope."

"What? You want the Dragon-Binding Rope?"

Upon hearing this, Adriel furrowed his brow.

The Dragon-Binding Rope was a priceless treasure capable of restraining a martial arts master. Miguel's demand at this critical moment was clearly taking advantage of their predicament.

A martial arts master should not stoop to such actions, and it was disappointing to see him do so.

"What? Not willing?" Miguel asked calmly. "Young lady, the Dragon-Binding Rope, no matter how good it is, is just an external object. Would you not use it to save the lives of all your people?"

"You..."

Dustin was about to speak but was interrupted by Margaret, who raised her hand and said, "Very well, I agree. As long as you help us escape, I will gladly hand over the Dragon-Binding Rope."

"Hehehe... Smart young lady, I like doing business with clever people the most. It's a deal!" Miguel instantly wore a smile.

The Dragon-Binding Rope was an extremely valuable treasure with significant utility for Miguel. If he could acquire it, it would serve as a powerful trump card against formidable adversaries in the future.

"Senior Miguel, we are counting on you from here," Margaret said with a fist salute.

"Just a few tree vines, I haven't taken them seriously. Watch how I destroy them!" Miguel, filled with determination, drew his weapons. They were two crescent-shaped sabers with curved handles, unique in design but exceptionally sharp.

"You evil creatures! Retreat immediately!" Miguel shouted and charged straight at the golden tree vine, wielding his dual sabers.

"Why give away the Dragon-Binding Rope to him? It's not something to be casually gifted," Dustin couldn't help but speak.

Although Margaret had vast resources, a treasure like the Dragon-Binding Rope was not so easily acquired.

"The situation is unclear right now, and you can't reveal your strength. Besides, it's just one Dragon-Binding Rope. I can afford to give it away," Margaret replied casually.

They had only just entered the oasis, and various factions would come to vie for it in the future. If Dustin were to expose his strength too early, he would easily become a target of aggression. To ensure the overall situation, sacrificing one Dragon-Binding Rope was a small price to pay.

"Alright, you're the boss, and your decision stands," Dustin didn't insist further.

Margaret had his own plans, and Dustin's role was merely to assist. He didn't need to worry about the other details.

"Everyone! Form up and prepare to break through!" Seeing that Miguel had already engaged the golden tree vine, Margaret made a swift decision, quickly directing the others to form a defensive formation and then leading them to charge forward.
👍

Chapter 1967: Annihilation Slash

Miguel's strength is very strong. Between the swings of the two curved knives, countless blade glows burst forth, shooting towards the golden tree vines, covering the sky and earth.

Each blade glow carries the might of splitting mountains and cracking rocks.

Wherever he goes, a strong wind howls, and colorful lights overflow.

"Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh..."

As Miguel attacks, a large number of silver tree vines turn into long spears, shooting out at an extremely fast speed, accurately hitting all the blade glows.

"Bang, bang, bang..."

With a series of explosions, the sky full of blade glows is completely shattered, and all the silver tree vines are rebounded.

"Humph! Let me see how tough you are!"

Miguel speeds up and rushes forward, crossing his dual blades, suddenly waving forward and shouting,

"Annihilation Slash!"

"Boom!"

The sound of air bursting.

Two crescent-shaped blade glows instantly shoot out, one in front and one behind, slashing towards the golden tree vines.

These two blade glows are extremely sharp, swelling in the wind.

When unleashed, they are only three feet long, but when they approach the golden tree vines, they have already swelled to three expand.

At first glance, they are like two unstoppable blades for cutting mountains.

Seemingly aware of the crisis, all the silver tree vines start to move.

Half of them weave into a net, blocking in front of the golden tree vines as a defense.

The other half of the silver tree vines turn into long spears, rushing towards the two crescent-shaped blade glows with the force of thunder.

"Bang, bang, bang..."

Another series of explosions.

In front of the two crescent-shaped blade glows, the actively attacking silver tree vines are all shaken back and cannot resist.

"Boom!"

The remaining force of the crescent-shaped blade glows solidly hits the woven net of silver tree vines.

The originally impenetrable net, resistant to water and fire, is cut open by Miguel's blade glows, leaving a large gap.

Several dozen silver tree vines among them are directly broken.

With just one blow, dozens of silver tree vines are cut, showcasing the destructive power of a martial arts master!

"What sharp blade glows!"

"Desert Dragon is indeed powerful!"

"With Senior Miguel taking action, it seems that we have hope today!"
Seeing Miguel's unstoppable momentum, the people couldn't help but rejoice.

The silver tree vines that they found difficult to deal with are like cutting melons and vegetables in front of the martial arts master.

This is strength! This is the difference!

"Worthless!"

After cutting open the gap, Miguel doesn't hesitate. Instead, he seizes the opportunity, advances, and heads straight to the root of the golden tree vines.

It's the strategy of capturing the ringleader first.

In his eyes, the golden tree vines are the monster's main body, the only threat to him.

As long as he cuts off the golden tree vines, the rest of the silver and gray tree vines will be unable to make waves.

With a little time, they can all be cleared.

At this moment, whether it's the silver tree vines or the gray tree vines, they all start to attack Miguel frantically.

The dense attacks, like a storm, show no signs of stopping and are impossible to dodge.

"Insects dare to show off their petty skills?!"

Miguel sneered, not dodging or evading. He swiftly swung his dual blades, forming a protective shield of blade glows in front of him, and charged straight ahead.

The tree vines that shot towards him were instantly cut off upon contact with Miguel's blade glow shield. Whether they were silver or gray tree vines, none could harm Miguel in the slightest.

Within a radius of three meters centered around Miguel's body, it became a death zone. Anything that came close would be shredded into pieces.

Wherever Miguel went, everything crumbled before him, and his momentum was unstoppable. His formidable display garnered cheers from the onlookers.

However, at this moment, the previously motionless golden tree vines finally reacted. The front end of the vine lifted high, then, like a long whip, it violently lashed towards Miguel.

"Swoosh~!"

Because of its incredible speed, the golden tree vine directly tore through the air, carrying a sharp whistling sound, fiercely smashing downward.

This strike was earth-shattering, causing the weather to change, and it made people's scalps tingle.

"Hmm?"

Miguel's pupils constricted. Not daring to be careless, he immediately crossed his dual blades high, forming a defensive posture, and faced the striking golden tree vine head-on.

"Boom!!"

The moment the two sides collided, a loud roar echoed. A powerful shockwave swept out from the point of impact, engulfing the surroundings.

Wherever it passed, dust and debris flew, and some nearby gray and silver tree vines were directly blasted into pieces, creating a mess on the ground.

When the dust settled, a huge crater appeared where the golden tree vine had struck. Miguel stood in the midst of the crater, sweating profusely and panting.

His arms were numb, the tiger's mouth was cracked, and thin streams of blood slowly dripped from his fingertips.

At this moment, his face was serious, showing no signs of ease. The downward strike of the golden tree vine just now was too powerful, and even with his full defense, he still suffered some minor injuries.

It could be confirmed that in terms of strength, he was not the opponent of the golden tree vine. In a head-on collision, he might not gain any advantage.

"Didn't expect this thing to be so formidable."

Miguel slightly furrowed his brow, his gaze fixed on the golden tree vine ahead, his expression uncertain.

If someone were to boast throughout the world, probably no one would anticipate that a mere tree vine would possess the attack and defense capabilities of a martial arts master.

"What are you all still standing there for? Hurry and escape!"

Miguel turned around and shouted, "This thing is tricky. I can only buy you a cup of tea's time. After that, fate will be in your hands!"

This statement caused a commotion and a stir among the crowd. They thought with Miguel's imposing manner, victory was assured, but the situation changed rapidly.

The Desert Dragon, a powerful martial arts master, fell into a disadvantageous position after a single blow from the golden tree vine.

How formidable could that golden tree vine be?!

"Run!"

Without hesitation, the crowd immediately accelerated their retreat. If Miguel couldn't hold on, wouldn't they all be finished here?

Led by Margaret, the main force, like a sharp sword, fiercely fought their way through the encirclement of gray tree vines, rushing towards the outside.

However, just at this moment, the golden tree vine launched another attack.
👍

Chapter 1968: Effortlessly severed the golden tree vine as if cutting through vegetables

The first attack was ineffective, and the golden tree vine launched another assault.

The front end of the vine was lifted high, resembling a taut bowstring. After a brief moment of charging, it struck towards the pit where Miguel was once again.

This strike was faster and more powerful than the previous one.

Even before the full force was exerted, the sound of wind and thunder could be heard, tearing the air apart.

"Swoosh~!"

Another sharp whistling sound.

The speed and strength of the golden tree vine far surpassed the silver tree vines. Its attack was earth-shattering.

Seeing the golden tree vine descending from above, Miguel dared not confront it again. He forcefully kicked the ground with both feet, shooting sideways.

Simultaneously, the powerful strike from the golden tree vine accurately hit the spot where Miguel had just stood.

"Boom!"

A tremendous roar, causing the earth to shake.

A powerful shockwave swept out, akin to a violent wind scattering leaves in all directions.

The recent crater sank several meters deeper.

A deep trench formed out of nowhere.

"Thud, thud, thud..."

Miguel was shaken back several steps by the tremendous force. Looking at the spot where he had just stood, his eyelids couldn't help but twitch.

Fortunately, he reacted quickly; if he had been hit head-on, he might not have escaped unscathed.

The destructive power of this thing was too terrifying; it couldn't be confronted head-on.

"Boom, rumble!"

Despite missing the first strike, the golden tree vine was relentless. It directly swept horizontally, transforming into a sharp whip that skimmed the ground, fiercely lashing towards Miguel.

Wherever the vine passed, the ground was directly shaved off in thick layers.

Shattered stones mixed with soil shot out like bullets towards Miguel.

"Hmm?"

Miguel frowned. With a kick, he immediately soared into the air, evading the sweeping attack of the golden tree vine.

At this moment, the surrounding silver tree vines suddenly moved. Like long spears, they crazily stabbed towards Miguel in mid-air.

Miguel swung his dual blades repeatedly, forming a circle of blade glows around him, quickly harvesting the attacking silver tree vines.

However, before he could completely deal with the silver tree vines, the golden tree vine on the ground launched another attack.

The golden tree vine suddenly bounced up, like a towering pillar, fiercely smashing towards Miguel.

At this moment, Miguel was suspended in mid-air, harassed by the silver tree vines, unable to dodge. He could only watch as the golden tree vine descended on him.

"Darn it! Going all out!"

Miguel gritted his teeth, making a decisive move and once again employing his signature skill.

"Annihilation Slash!"

Miguel crossed his dual blades, infused his whole body with spiritual energy, and then swung vigorously towards the airborne golden tree vine.

"Swoosh! Swoosh!"

Two crescent-shaped blade glows instantly shot out, forming an "X" in the air, slashing towards the golden tree vine at an incredibly fast speed.

The blade glows swelled with the wind, turning into giant crescents three expand long in the blink of an eye, doubling their destructive power.

"Swoosh~!"

Without dodging or evading, the golden tree vine faced Miguel's blade glows and fiercely struck back.

"Boom! Boom!"

Two explosions resounded.

Under the heavy blow of the golden tree vine, the two giant crescent-shaped blade glows burst open on the spot, turning into countless specks of light dissipating in the air.

The slashing of the blade only slightly slowed down the golden tree vine, leaving two faint marks on its surface.

Miguel's full-force strike failed to break through the defense of the golden tree vine.

"What?!"

Seeing the relentless golden tree vine, Miguel's expression changed involuntarily.

At this point, he had no way to dodge and could only brace himself with his blades.

"Boom!"

A loud sound.

The golden tree vine struck Miguel's dual blades solidly. Upon contact, Miguel, along with his blades, was thrown like a baseball hit by a tremendous force, flying dozens of meters before crashing heavily onto the ground.

Blood flowed from his mouth and nose, and his entire body was paralyzed, looking disheveled.

"Swoosh~!"

Before Miguel could stand up, the lethal blow from the golden tree vine descended once again.

This strike was faster and more powerful, with even greater momentum.

Miguel, on the other hand, was in turmoil, with his blood surging and limbs weakened, unable to move.

Helplessly, he could only watch as the golden tree vine descended upon him, fear evident on his face.

He had never dreamt that the golden tree vine would be so formidable. Even more unimaginable was that he, a prestigious Martial Arts Master, would suffer defeat here.

If he had known this earlier, he shouldn't have interfered. He could have easily escaped alone, why bother with the life and death of others?

"Ah—!"

Miguel roared in unwillingness, using all his strength to raise his arms, attempting a final struggle.

"Swoosh!"

Just when Miguel thought he would be smashed into a pulp, a black sword energy suddenly shot out from a distance. With incredible speed, it slashed onto the golden tree vine.

"Swish!"

The black light flashed, and the black sword energy penetrated the golden tree vine without any hindrance, continuing its path towards a more distant location, quickly disappearing into the darkness.

"Crack!"

A tearing sound was heard. The section of the golden tree vine pierced by the black sword energy suddenly snapped in two.

A large amount of golden fluid sprayed out, splashing Miguel's face.

"Boom! Boom! Boom!"

The broken part of the golden tree vine crashed heavily to the ground just a meter away from Miguel.

As for the connected main body on the ground, it convulsed wildly, like a giant python thrashing about, continuously spraying golden fluid.

"What?!"

Seeing this scene, Miguel was completely dumbfounded.

His brain crashed, and he couldn't react for a moment.

What's going on?

What just happened?

The golden tree vine was actually cut by a sword?

Miguel stared in disbelief.

He had a deep understanding of the tenacity of the golden tree vine. Even with a full-force strike, he couldn't inflict the slightest damage.

However, the sudden appearance of the black sword energy just now effortlessly severed the golden tree vine as if cutting through vegetables.

The terrifying destructive power was simply jaw-dropping!

Who is it?

Who possesses such formidable strength?
👍

Chapter 1970: We can play it by ear

"Supported by a sword?"

Hearing this, everyone looked at each other, puzzled.

They had just been busy escaping for their lives; how could they have the attention for anything else?

Could it be that something unexpected happened just now?

"Senior Miguel, your martial arts are unparalleled, and your strength is formidable. Why would you need our support?"

"That's right, at your level of combat, we can't even intervene."

"Senior Miguel, did someone affect your performance just now? That's truly infuriating!"

The crowd chattered, completely unaware of what had happened.

In their eyes, only a master like Miguel had the ability to turn the tide.

If Miguel hadn't acted just now, they would have suffered heavy losses.

"Senior Miguel, what happened?" Adriel asked cautiously.

"Nothing... it's nothing. You can forget it," Miguel shook his head and remained silent.

He had just asked casually and didn't really expect anything.

If there really was a Grandmaster-level expert beside him, he would find it somewhat unacceptable.

Now, he only considered it fortunate that a skilled person happened to pass by and saved his life.

If he encountered a skilled person in the future, he would definitely repay the favor.

"Senior Miguel, thank you for your hard work just now. Here is the Dragon Binding Rope you wanted."

Margaret walked forward and handed the prepared Dragon Binding Rope to Miguel.

Miguel's interest was piqued. After hesitating for two seconds, he finally accepted it.

He had admired the Dragon Binding Rope for a long time and naturally wouldn't refuse it. He could always compensate the other party in the future.

"Little girl, thank you. If you encounter any trouble in the future, just find me!" Miguel smiled satisfactorily.

Although he had just experienced a dangerous situation, he was fortunate to obtain a treasure, making it a worthwhile venture.

Watching Miguel's pleased expression, Dustin raised an eyebrow slightly.

This guy was really audacious!

He almost lost his life, yet he still had his eyes on the Dragon Binding Rope.

If it weren't for the sake of the overall situation, he really wouldn't have let Margaret give away this treasure.

"Everyone, it's not suitable to stay here for long. Let's find a safer place to discuss our next steps," Margaret said, not dwelling on these matters. She quickly led everyone away from this perilous area.

Since nightfall, the area had been in constant turmoil, with no moments of respite.

Initially, the group was just spectators, but the appearance of the eerie vines almost dragged them into the abyss.

After a struggle, more than a dozen people had died, including disciples from the Gold Blade Sect, members of the Black Scorpion Squad, and Margaret's guards, all with varying degrees of injuries.

Just on the first night, more than a dozen people were lost, and there would likely be more casualties to come.

At this moment, everyone understood that this treasure-hunting journey was fraught with danger.

After resting in a different location, no one felt sleepy. They endured through the night until the first rays of morning sunlight penetrated through the leaves, and everyone heaved a sigh of relief, as if they had survived a catastrophe.

Night brought forth lurking dangers, making it extremely difficult to endure.

Every moment required caution as they remained vigilant against various potential monsters.

In such an environment, everyone was mentally tense, with their stress levels at maximum.

It wasn't until daylight that their tightly wound nerves finally relaxed.

Most monsters were active at night, and during the day, it became unusually quiet and relatively safer.

"Quickly, prepare food, eat, and then continue on the journey!" Margaret ordered, and her subordinates quickly got busy.

Although this oasis was dangerous, there were still tasks to be done, and treasures to be sought.

At this point, everyone had no other choice but to continue forward, gritting their teeth.

On one hand, it was for wealth; on the other hand, it was for better survival.

Following the main force with martial masters in command increased their chances of survival.

But if they gave up halfway, not only would they gain nothing, but on the way back, they might encounter even more danger.

After having their fill, under Margaret's lead, the group continued deeper into the oasis.

This time, everyone became exceptionally cautious.

Each step was taken with utmost care, fearing to disturb something lurking around them.

In this manner, they advanced for about two hours.

Suddenly, a wave of shouts and killings echoed from a distance.

Margaret immediately raised her hand, signaling everyone to stop, and then sent out scouts to explore ahead.

After about the time it takes to finish a cup of tea, the scouts returned and reported the situation.

"Miss, there are two forces ahead, currently engaged in a fierce battle. It seems like they're fighting for some treasure," the scout informed.

"Fighting for treasure?" Margaret raised an eyebrow. "Could you see what it is?"

"I didn't get too close to avoid being discovered, so I'm not sure about the specific treasure," the scout replied.

"What do you all think?" Margaret turned around, asking for the opinions of the others.

"Since there's treasure, we naturally have to go and take a look," Miguel said decisively.

"I agree with Senior Miguel's view. We all came for treasure, and we shouldn't miss any opportunity," Adriel nodded.

"Going over to take a look won't hurt. We can play it by ear," Jackson expressed his agreement.

"Good, then let's go and see what's happening!"

Margaret made a quick decision, directing the team to swiftly approach.

She wanted to personally confirm whether the treasure the two forces were fighting for might be the Dragon Energy Source.

When they arrived at the battlefield, they found dozens of martial artists attacking several young men and women.

There were already more than ten dead bodies around, and the battle seemed fierce.

Despite the strength of the young men and women, their continuous efforts against dozens of martial artists were taking a toll. Over time, they began to tire and sustain injuries.

If the battle continued for less than the time it takes for incense to burn, they would likely be completely wiped out.
👍