An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
CHAPTER 2556: THE GOLDEN LIGHT CURSE

As the concealed weapons shot towards him, Troy seemed unfazed, as if he had anticipated this moment all along. With his index and middle fingers raised, he muttered something under his breath.

In the blink of an eye, a dazzling golden light appeared, enveloping him completely.

Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang!

The hidden weapons struck the golden barrier, producing crisp, metallic sounds before bouncing off harmlessly, failing to penetrate or cause any damage.

"Has he mastered the Golden Light Curse?" Lander's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

The Golden Light Curse from the Dragon Tiger Mountain sect was their signature technique, known for its formidable defensive capabilities. However, mastering it required decades of rigorous training.

Yet, here stood Troy, barely twenty years old, having achieved such a feat. His talent was undeniably extraordinary.

Of course, mere mastery of this spell wasn't enough to pose a serious threat to Lander.

The strength of the Golden Light Curse was directly proportional to the caster's cultivation level. Given Troy's youth, his foundation likely wasn't deep enough.

Lander believed that with enough force and precision, he could still break through Troy's defenses by overwhelming him with a barrage of concealed weapons.

With that thought, Lander decided to stop holding back. He waved his sleeves in rapid succession, releasing a torrent of concealed weapons that hurtled towards Troy like a fierce storm.

These weapons, though appearing ordinary, each carried a force capable of piercing through the hardest of metals.

"Again?" Troy's eyes flickered with determination. He knew better than to try and withstand the assault head-on. With a light tap of his toes, he sprang into the air.

While the Golden Light Curse offered unparalleled defense, maintaining it for long periods was exhausting, and there was no need to endure unnecessary risks.

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!

The concealed weapons zipped past beneath him, missing their target by mere inches.

Just as Troy began to feel relief, Lander's fingers twitched. He made a circular motion in the air before pointing sharply at Troy.

What happened next was nothing short of astonishing.

The previously missed weapons abruptly changed direction mid-air, curving back towards Troy with renewed speed and intensity.

Countless weapons now filled the sky, creating a dense, inescapable barrage.

"What the—!?"

"Is this even possible?"

"Is this the true power of the Martin Clan's concealed weapon technique? Truly extraordinary!"

"The Martin Clan's hidden weapons are unrivaled. Without such remarkable skills, how could they have gained such fame in the martial world?"

The sudden turn of events left the onlookers below in utter shock.

In their understanding, hidden weapons traveled in straight lines, differing only in power and lethality.

Even the most skilled practitioners could, at best, slightly alter their trajectory mid-flight.

But to control the weapons to the extent of making them turn around and strike again—this was something entirely beyond their comprehension.

In a way, it was more akin to sorcery than a mere martial technique.

"How troublesome."

Hovering in mid-air, Troy found himself with no escape route. As the swarm of weapons bore down on him, he had no choice but to once again summon the Golden Light Curse.

CHAPTER 2557: THE FROST NEEDLES

As the golden light surged, the incoming concealed weapons clattered against it, producing a barrage of sharp, metallic sounds. Though these weapons couldn't penetrate Troy's defenses, they were steadily draining his energy.

Whoosh!

Just as Troy was using the Golden Light Curse to fend off the barrage, Lander struck again. With a flick of his sleeve, three Frost Needles shot out, silently aiming for Troy’s back.

The Frost Needles were especially deadly against martial grandmasters, designed to pierce through their protective energy fields. Once struck, not only would the needles breach the target's defenses, but they would also freeze the victim solid—a lethal tool of assassination.

Countless martial grandmasters had met their end from these treacherous weapons.

"Hmm?"

Sensing the imminent danger, Troy abruptly turned. His fingers, glowing with a bright light, pointed towards the approaching needles.

In that instant, a streak of blue lightning shot from his fingertips, striking the three Frost Needles with perfect precision.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Three explosive sounds echoed as the Frost Needles shattered, dispersing icy shards in all directions.

Simultaneously, Troy gracefully descended to the ground. While he had been airborne, his mobility was greatly reduced, and even a momentary hit from the Frost Needles could have frozen him just long enough for Lander to finish him off.

A close call indeed—proving that the ninth-ranked prodigy on the Whiz List was not to be underestimated. Each of Lander's moves was a potential killing blow.

"Thunder Magic?"

Lander did not immediately pursue, instead observing Troy with a newfound respect.

Mastery of the Golden Light Curse, coupled with a significant proficiency in Thunder Magic, made this young Daoist anything but ordinary.

It seemed Lander would need to take this fight seriously.

With that realization, Lander made a decisive move, placing the Martin Clan's sacred artifact, the Thousand Mechanisms Box, before him. He gently tapped a specific section of the box.

Click... Clack, clack...

As the gears within the Thousand Mechanisms Box began to turn, a small opening appeared at the top. Out shot three streaks of black light, hovering ominously in front of Lander.

Upon closer inspection, the black lights revealed themselves to be three pitch-black short swords, each emitting a chilling aura. These swords floated effortlessly in the air without any visible support—clearly powerful artifacts imbued with mystical energy.

"Sword magic... This is going to be intense!"

"Lander's pulling out all the stops—he's even using the Thousand Mechanisms Box! That young Daoist's in serious trouble now!"

The crowd below erupted in anxious whispers.

"Go!"

Lander wasted no time. With a simple gesture, the three black swords transformed into three swift, black serpents, hurtling toward Troy at lightning speed, aiming directly for his face.

So here is the news guys. I came, I saw and I conquered. I'm officially an Aerospace Engineering graduate. I thank God firstly, and I also thank everyone I'm well acquainted with here with Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')
That's an absolute great news mate!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

So here is the news guys. I came, I saw and I conquered. I'm officially an Aerospace Engineering graduate. I thank God firstly, and I also thank everyone I'm well acquainted with here with Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')
Congratulations buddy! We the fellows of cultivators are proud of each and everyone's success. Best wishes for the innings ahead!

CHAPTER 2558: THE DANCE OF DEADLY BLADES

Troy's eyes widened as he saw three gleaming swords speeding toward him. Knowing he couldn't take them head-on, he darted aside, leaving behind afterimages as he narrowly avoided the lethal blades.

But just as he thought he had evaded danger, Lander twisted his fingers. The three swords, missing their mark, suddenly halted mid-air, then reversed direction with even greater speed, aiming directly at Troy's back.

In a flash, Troy raised two fingers, and his body was enveloped in a shimmering golden light.

*Clang! Clang! Clang!*

The three swords struck the golden barrier but were held at bay. However, instead of falling to the ground, they began to spin wildly, their razor-sharp tips drilling into the light, sparks flying as they ground against the mystical shield.

The once-impenetrable golden barrier began to waver.

"Hmm?" Troy frowned slightly, surprised. The treasures within this Thousand Mechanisms Box were indeed extraordinary—sharp, resilient, and with a life of their own. They were not easily dealt with.

"Out!" Lander shouted, slapping the Thousand Mechanisms Box once more. A streak of red light shot out from the box.

It was an arrow—a crimson arrow, its body forged from an unknown metal, brimming with energy, surrounded by swirling flames.

"Go!" Lander pointed two fingers at Troy.

With a sharp *whoosh*, the crimson arrow shot forth, and at the same time, a searing wave of flames erupted from the arrow, turning it into a roaring fire dragon in the blink of an eye.

The fire dragon roared and charged at Troy, its claws and fangs bared.

"Thunder Magic!" Troy knew he couldn't afford to take any risks. He quickly formed a hand seal and pointed at the fire dragon.

*Zzzap!*

A bolt of blue lightning shot out, crashing into the fire dragon.

*Boom!*

With a deafening explosion, energy rippled outward, stirring up a fierce wind. The lightning and the fire dragon both dissipated, leaving only the crimson arrow, which was sent flying away.

"Out!" Lander's expression remained cold and unyielding as he struck the Thousand Mechanisms Box again. This time, three black iron balls were ejected.

The iron balls were the size of fists, seemingly unremarkable, but covered in tiny holes.

These were the Martin Clan's infamous weapons—the Hundred Flowers Killers. Unlike the ordinary disciples' weapons, Lander's Hundred Flowers Killers had been enhanced, making them even more deadly and poisonous. Even a martial arts grandmaster struck in a vital spot would perish instantly.

"Go!" Lander waved his hand, and the three iron balls shot forward. When they were within ten meters of Troy, the Hundred Flowers Killers exploded, releasing a torrent of poisonous needles that rained down on Troy like a deadly storm.

CHAPTER 2559: THE UNLEASHING OF THE THOUSAND MECHANISMS BOX

The poisonous needles from the Hundred Flowers Killers were imbued with a special effect that could pierce through protective auras. While not as powerful as the fabled Ice Cold Divine Needles, they were formidable due to their sheer numbers.

In close quarters, few could withstand such a dense barrage.

Facing this overwhelming attack, Troy’s Thunder Magic was no longer effective, and although his Golden Light Curse could hold for now, it would eventually be worn down by the relentless assault.

Left with no other choice, Troy decided to deploy another of his ultimate techniques—Divine Talismans.

With a quick flick of his wrist, he produced a white talisman paper.

"Seal!"

He tossed the white talisman into the air.

The talisman exploded, transforming into a billowing cloud of white mist that engulfed all the poisonous needles.

Then, a strange scene unfolded.

The highly potent needles were instantly frozen in mid-air, their momentum halted. They dropped to the ground with a series of faint "clinks."

"Oh? You even know the Divine Talisman technique?"

For the first time, a flicker of surprise crossed Lander's usually cold and indifferent face.

Dragon Tiger Mountain sect was renowned for its three great techniques: the Golden Light Curse, Thunder Magic, and Divine Talismans. The Golden Light Curse was primarily defensive, while the Thunder Magic was an offensive force of nature. Many Taoists in Dragon Tiger Mountain could master these two techniques.

But the Divine Talisman technique was different. It was incredibly profound, its complexity far surpassing the other two combined. Only a handful of Taoists in all of Dragon Tiger Mountain had mastered it, and those who had were all legendary figures.

For instance, the newly appointed Celestial Master, Spencer, and the high priest Jeremy, were among those few, and they were all over fifty years old.

Yet, Troy was not even twenty.

This wasn't just extraordinary talent; it was sheer genius, a prodigy in Taoist arts!

Given a few more years of cultivation, Troy could easily ascend to the Whiz List. He might even carve out a spot at the top.

Dragon Tiger Mountain had already produced one monstrous talent in the form of the old Celestial Master Phantom, and now Troy had appeared—Dragon Tiger Mountain truly was a place where legends were born.

However, despite his surprise, Lander remained confident.

If Troy was a prodigy, then what about him?

With the Thousand Mechanisms Box in hand, Lander feared no one—not even the top contenders on the Whiz List, like Billy May and Logan Rhys. He was certain he could defeat them.

"Troy, let’s see just how powerful your Divine Talismans really are."

As Lander spoke, he placed his hands on either side of the Thousand Mechanisms Box and slapped it forcefully.

"Thousand Mechanisms Box, open!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, the Thousand Mechanisms Box suddenly split open, forming a "V" shape.

In the next instant, hundreds, if not thousands, of concealed weapons shot out.

They filled the air, overwhelming the senses with their dazzling light, each one a formidable weapon capable of annihilating martial arts grandmasters.

Now unleashed, the sheer volume and power of these weapons were nothing short of apocalyptic!

Thanks everyone for your compliments. Although the message was half written I was having issues in sending the messages here this morning but it going smoothly now. Well I wanted to appreciate everyone here, both old and new members. Most especially the masters of various sects, thread creators, and the forum moderators. Its within my best memory that while I embarked on this journey I met and get to know you guys along. And the forum has been a source of comfort. Where I could live in another world and escape reality for a little time. And also I get to meet people from different races, and get to know a little about their culture. And we also get to share our ideologies. Well, I have a lot to say but Thank y'all once again. ❤️

D-E-S-E-R-V-E!

There you go, folks! Jeremy turned a blind eye to the disqualification of Dustin because he believes Bilwof "deserves" what he got (I would have done the same, I guess). So, Dustin wasn't disqualified. And Evelyn already knows who Dustin really is; it's just funny how she tried to add fuel to the fire between Nolan and Darkbane's (childlike) rivalry.

In this duel, I will go for Troy.
Yeah I guessed right, all my prediction about the disqualification and who get Dustin true identity was correct!
Gily where is my winners medal?