An Understated Dominance, Dustin Rhys story. Chapters 1301 and beyond - JUNLEE (aka Jungal2000) English interpretation

Translated by Jungal2000

This is my take on an ongoing Chinese novel by an unknown author. I've never been much of a reader when it comes to lengthy novels, but as soon as I delved into this tale, I was hooked like a fanatic. And I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately, the English version I was following only released three chapters a day, and my appetite for the story was insatiable. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started translating the Chinese text myself. Along the way, I've tried to inject some context into it because Google's translation tends to be too literal.

I've used different names for characters in my translations since they're a result of my own artistic interpretation. I began my translations from Chapter 967, which was posted in a different discussion thread. My aim is to tackle at least 100 chapters a week. However, as much as I love translating and reading this novel, I make sure to reserve my weekends for my family and friends – they're the ones who matter most to me.

The reason for this new thread is that during my two days off, some talented translators have continued where I left off. Their work is already shared and posted in my previous thread. This is fantastic news for readers looking for weekend reads. To avoid any confusion, I decided to create a new thread where I can upload and continue my translations. I'm doing all of this out of love for the story and the enjoyment I get from the process; it makes me feel like I'm a part of the narrative.

For those who are new to this, the best translations are provided by Muhindi Wa Kuchoma, and they are the work of the legendary translator Marina Vitori.

This is the tale of a prince, a legendary Kirin known as Logan Rhys. His life underwent a dramatic change a decade ago when his mother met a mysterious and untimely demise. Fueled by a relentless pursuit of truth, justice, and vengeance, he abandoned his royal palace and adopted the guise of a commoner, going by the name Dustin Rhys. The once-arrogant young prince transformed into a timid and soft-spoken individual, making him an easy target for bullies.

During these ten years, Logan secretly honed his skills and strength, undergoing a profound transformation. However, a recent divorce from his wife, Dahlia Nicholson, after three years of marriage, coupled with a series of life-altering events, pushed him back into action. Slowly but surely, he began to shed his timid persona, reemerging as the formidable figure he once was.

Join us as we follow the journey of Dustin, or Logan, as he strives to surpass, outmaneuver, and overpower entire armies and kingdoms, all through his own determination and bare hands.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your compliments. Although the message was half written I was having issues in sending the messages here this morning but it going smoothly now. Well I wanted to appreciate everyone here, both old and new members. Most especially the masters of various sects, thread creators, and the forum moderators. Its within my best memory that while I embarked on this journey I met and get to know you guys along. And the forum has been a source of comfort. Where I could live in another world and escape reality for a little time. And also I get to meet people from different races, and get to know a little about their culture. And we also get to share our ideologies. Well, I have a lot to say but Thank y'all once again. ❤️
You are always welcome. We're all a family now. Congrats once again.

CHAPTER 2560: A THOUSAND DEADLY BLADES

"My goodness! So many concealed weapons—enough to wipe out an entire sect!"

"Is this the legendary Martin Clan's Sacred Artifact? It's as terrifying as they say!"

"Grandmother's mercy! He pulls out the big guns right at the start—Lander really doesn't hold back at all!"

The crowd gasped in shock as they watched the multitude of concealed weapons floating above the arena. They had thought the Thousand Mechanisms Box was just a name, never imagining it actually contained thousands of lethal devices.

From a distance, the sky seemed filled with an overwhelming swarm, sending chills down their spines.

But the most frightening part was that none of these concealed weapons were ordinary. Each one could be considered a deadly artifact in its own right, capable of making an average warrior famous in an instant.

Yet here was Lander, unleashing over a thousand of them at once. Who could possibly withstand such an assault?

"Troy is in danger!"

In the stands, Liana's face grew tense. She hadn't expected the Thousand Mechanisms Box to hold so many deadly weapons. If Lander unleashed them all, Troy would be riddled like a hornet's nest.

"If Lander hadn't used the Thousand Mechanisms Box, this battle could have gone either way. But now that he's brought it out, Troy has no chance of winning," Vincent shook his head.

Even he, with all his skill, would need to go all out to counter Lander paired with the Martin Clan's Sacred Artifact.

"What a pity."

Lara sighed, feeling a pang of regret. She had never had a good impression of Lander and had hoped Troy might emerge victorious. But now, that hope seemed all but lost.

"Master Richards, your disciple is indeed extraordinary for mastering Divine Talismans at such a young age. However, he's up against a formidable opponent. If he doesn't concede soon, his life may be at risk," Darkbane suddenly remarked from the main viewing platform.

"Not necessarily."

Before Spencer could respond, Nolan interjected with a sneer, "If it were one of your World Society disciples, they'd be dead for sure. But it's different with Dragon Tiger Mountain. With the Golden Light Curse for protection, along with Thunder Magic and Divine Talismans, there's still a chance for victory."

Others might not know, but Nolan was well aware of the terrifying power of Dragon Tiger Mountain's three great arts.

Years ago, he had fancied himself the unrivaled sword master and had privately challenged the old Celestial Master, Phantom Richards, for the title of the world's greatest.

The result? The old Celestial Master cast the Golden Light Curse, and Nolan hacked away at it for the duration of a whole incense stick without making a dent.

Frustrated, he had cursed the old Celestial Master as a coward who only knew how to defend and couldn't attack.

Then, the old Celestial Master struck him down with a single Thunder Magic spell, leaving him bedridden for a month.

From that day on, Nolan never again coveted the title of the world's greatest.

CHAPTER 2561: THE UNYIELDING RESOLVE

Of course, Troy could hardly compare to the old Celestial Master, Phantom. But with the sheer power of Dragon Tiger Mountain’s arts, as long as Troy had mastered the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic to perfection, he would surely be able to protect himself.

"The Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic are only as strong as the person wielding them," Darkbane sneered. "Troy may be a prodigy, but he’s still too young, lacking in deep cultivation. With the relentless bombardment from Martin Clan's Thousand Mechanisms Box, his protective energy will soon be exhausted. Without his qi as a foundation, how could he possibly maintain the Golden Light Curse?"

The Golden Light Curse was indeed formidable, but some of Martin Clan's concealed weapons had special effects that could penetrate protective qi. A sustained barrage could leave Troy defenseless.

"Hmph! Talk is cheap. Let’s just watch and see!" Nolan snorted, unwilling to waste words.

Spencer, caught between the two bickering men, could only smile wryly and remain silent.

At that moment, in the arena, Lander raised his hand, and hundreds of concealed weapons floated into the air, all aimed at Troy. His voice was cold as he spoke, "I'll give you one chance—surrender now, or these weapons will end your life."

"Thank you for the warning, but this humble Daoist wishes to test his limits," Troy's expression finally turned serious. A golden glow enveloped his body, pushing his defense to the utmost.

"Your Golden Light Curse won’t withstand my weapons. Are you really so eager to die?" Lander frowned slightly. He had no desire to make an enemy of Dragon Tiger Mountain, but if Troy was truly this reckless, he wouldn’t hold back.

"Life and death are determined by the heavens. I will do my best and leave the rest to fate," Troy's tone was calm, his gaze as tranquil as a still pond.

"Very well! Since that’s your choice, I won’t show mercy!"

With a cold snort, Lander ceased his warnings. He thrust his hand skyward, then swiftly swung it down towards Troy.

The thousand concealed weapons around him instantly shot forward, swarming like a deadly hive, overwhelming the battlefield in a hailstorm of destruction.

"Swish, swish, swish, swish, swish..."

The piercing sounds of the weapons slicing through the air echoed throughout the arena, carrying an aura of fear and impending doom.

For a moment, the spectators below found their breath caught in their throats. They stared wide-eyed, their faces filled with shock and awe.

The sight of thousands of concealed weapons being unleashed all at once was truly overwhelming. The sheer force seemed capable of tearing the heavens apart, sending chills down everyone’s spine.

But instead of retreating, Troy advanced, transforming into a streak of golden light as he charged directly at Lander.

To catch the bandit, first capture the ringleader!

If he could defeat Lander, no matter how powerful the concealed weapons were, they would become useless.

So, Troy will win this match. What next ?
This boy’s age not even 20 and he is said to have higher Taoist achievements than Spencer Richards. Is he more talented than Dustin at that age?

Dustin reached GM level at the age of 15. This boy has mastered all the three major arts of Drangon Tiger Mountain before the age of 20; means he can be equal to surpass even Phantom Richards in future.

I am thinking who is better prodigy - Dustin or Troy. ??

It is a very interesting hypothesis you had asked. We don't have much details about how the legend Kirin was born and what were the techniques used by Dustin, or in fact what are all the techniques used by the Rhys family. The family also has powerful fighters like drunken maniac Gregory Jones, the dead uncle Bai, and so coming from the royal family background Dustin would not lack behind Troy if not equal.
As per the future, surely Dustin will also surpass Phantom Richards, now he might be even closer to matching up with him.
But the question is Dustin will surely defeat or even kill Father Adam but does Troy has the ability to kill Father? Will he survive if he happens to fight him. Other than Father Adam no one seems to have sinister motives and the capabilities.

CHAPTER 2562: MASTER OF THE THREE SUPREME ARTS

"Hmph! Like a moth to a flame!" Lander sneered, a cold smirk creeping across his face.

With the power of the Thousand Mechanisms Box, even if Troy pushed his Golden Light Curse to its limits, it was impossible to withstand it head-on.

The Thousand Mechanisms Box didn’t just unleash devastating attacks; its hidden weapons carried special attributes like wind, fire, thunder, lightning, ice, and various poisons. Some were specifically designed to counter protective auras, making them particularly effective against the Golden Light Curse.

Simply put, Troy had no chance of breaking through the blockade with just the Golden Light Curse. All Lander had to do was wait and wear him down.

"Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!"

As Troy charged halfway, a barrage of hidden weapons rained down, engulfing him in an instant.

The stage was flooded with dazzling lights, and the sound of explosions echoed nonstop. Accompanying it was a surge of energy waves, bursting out like tidal waves.

"Thunder Magic!"

Amid the swirling dust, a dazzling blue lightning bolt suddenly appeared. The lightning quickly expanded into a web, striking indiscriminately in all directions.

The hidden weapons hit by the lightning fell mid-air like rain, clanging as they hit the ground.

Though many were struck down, even more, ferocious hidden weapons continued their relentless assault on the golden figure.

With each wave of attacks, the golden light dimmed a little more. At this rate, the golden glow would shatter completely in less than a minute.

"Heaven, Earth, Wind, Thunder, Water, Fire, Mountain, Lake!"

Suddenly, the golden figure made a series of swift hand movements, releasing eight differently colored talismans that began to spin rapidly.

In an instant, a storm arose, and sand and stones flew wildly. Terrifying energy rippled through the air.

"My god! Am I seeing this right? Are those the Eight Trigrams Talismans?"

"No way! This kid's so young, and he can use the Eight Trigrams Talismans? That’s insane!"

"The Eight Trigrams Talismans are a secret art only mastered by the highest-ranked practitioners of Dragon Tiger Mountain Sect. Has Troy already perfected his Divine Talismans?"

"A genius! He’s a true genius!"

The spectators below were beyond astonished as they watched the eight talismans float and spin in the air.

Mastering the Golden Light Curse alone was no small feat, requiring decades of rigorous practice. The Thunder Magic was similarly demanding.

Troy, at his young age, had already perfected both the Golden Light Curse and the Thunder Magic, earning him the title of Dragon Tiger Mountain’s greatest prodigy in a century.

But who could have imagined that on top of mastering these two arts, Troy had also perfected the Divine Talismans? It was utterly terrifying.

To grasp all three of Dragon Tiger Mountain’s supreme arts before the age of twenty—was he even human?

Even the world-renowned Grandmaster Phantom might not have achieved such a level back in his prime!

This was truly beyond belief!

CHAPTER 2563: THE UNYIELDING FORCE OF MERCY

At that moment, even the leaders Darkbane, Nolan, and Evelyn couldn't hide their surprise.

They initially believed that Troy had only begun to grasp the basics of Divine Talismans. Little did they know, he had already reached a state of mastery.

The Divine Talismans differed significantly from the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic; they required immense natural talent and understanding. Most disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain would spend their entire lives without ever gaining entry into this art.

Yet, Troy, not even twenty years old, had perfected the Divine Talismans alongside the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic. It was terrifying.

The three leaders exchanged glances, their expressions turning grave.

Dragon Tiger Mountain truly had a history of producing prodigies—first Phantom, and now Troy. It was clear that Dragon Tiger Mountain’s dominance would remain unchallenged for the next century.

"So what if you have the Eight Trigrams Talismans? I refuse to believe they can withstand the Thousand Mechanisms Box!"

On the stage, Lander was initially shocked, but his face soon twisted into a ferocious determination, ready to fight to the death.

The Eight Trigrams Talismans were indeed powerful, but he held the Martin Clan’s sacred weapon—the odds were still in his favor.

"Tidal Surge!"

Lander unleashed a surge of spiritual energy and struck the Thousand Mechanisms Box with force.

"Buzz!"

The Thousand Mechanisms Box began to vibrate violently, releasing a blinding white light that quickly filled the entire area.

As the light swept through, every hidden weapon that had been knocked down rose into the air once more, continuing their assault on Troy.

The Thousand Mechanisms Box’s greatest advantage was its ability to control thousands of hidden weapons simultaneously. As long as the Thousand Mechanisms Box remained intact, the weapons could keep attacking indefinitely.

No one could withstand that!

"Approach, Soldier, Battle, Warrior, All, Formation, Array, Advance, March"

Amidst the golden light, Troy rapidly formed hand seals, then suddenly spread his hands wide and shouted, "Eight Trigrams Talismans, Break!"

At the word "Break," the eight talismans burst into a blinding light and then exploded with a deafening roar.

In an instant, the heavens and earth trembled, with winds howling and thunder roaring.

A wave of terrifying energy, like a tsunami, swept through the entire arena, scattering the Martin Clan’s hidden weapons in all directions.

The controlling formations within them were utterly destroyed.

Some of the lower-quality weapons even shattered on the spot, turning to dust.

Lander, his mind wounded, spat out a mouthful of blood and staggered backward.

Before he could react, a streak of golden light shot towards him, stopping just inches from his chest.

"Thunder Magic!"

Troy extended two fingers and sharply jabbed Lander’s chest.

Yet, just when everyone thought Lander would be blasted away, the blue lightning at Troy’s fingertips remained suspended, not delivering the final blow.

He did not strike the fatal blow.

Lander glanced down, his expression becoming complicated.

Finally, he sighed softly and said, "Thank you, Master Richards, for sparing me. I concede defeat."

Last edited:
CHAPTER 2562: MASTER OF THE THREE SUPREME ARTS

"Hmph! Like a moth to a flame!" Lander sneered, a cold smirk creeping across his face.

With the power of the Thousand Mechanisms Box, even if Troy pushed his Golden Light Curse to its limits, it was impossible to withstand it head-on.

The Thousand Mechanisms Box didn’t just unleash devastating attacks; its hidden weapons carried special attributes like wind, fire, thunder, lightning, ice, and various poisons. Some were specifically designed to counter protective auras, making them particularly effective against the Golden Light Curse.

Simply put, Troy had no chance of breaking through the blockade with just the Golden Light Curse. All Lander had to do was wait and wear him down.

"Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!"

As Troy charged halfway, a barrage of hidden weapons rained down, engulfing him in an instant.

The stage was flooded with dazzling lights, and the sound of explosions echoed nonstop. Accompanying it was a surge of energy waves, bursting out like tidal waves.

"Thunder Magic!"

Amid the swirling dust, a dazzling blue lightning bolt suddenly appeared. The lightning quickly expanded into a web, striking indiscriminately in all directions.

The hidden weapons hit by the lightning fell mid-air like rain, clanging as they hit the ground.

Though many were struck down, even more, ferocious hidden weapons continued their relentless assault on the golden figure.

With each wave of attacks, the golden light dimmed a little more. At this rate, the golden glow would shatter completely in less than a minute.

"Heaven, Earth, Wind, Thunder, Water, Fire, Mountain, Lake!"

Suddenly, the golden figure made a series of swift hand movements, releasing eight differently colored talismans that began to spin rapidly.

In an instant, a storm arose, and sand and stones flew wildly. Terrifying energy rippled through the air.

"My god! Am I seeing this right? Are those the Eight Trigrams Talismans?"

"No way! This kid's so young, and he can use the Eight Trigrams Talismans? That’s insane!"

"The Eight Trigrams Talismans are a secret art only mastered by the highest-ranked practitioners of Dragon Tiger Mountain Sect. Has Troy already perfected his Divine Talismans?"

"A genius! He’s a true genius!"

The spectators below were beyond astonished as they watched the eight talismans float and spin in the air.

Mastering the Golden Light Curse alone was no small feat, requiring decades of rigorous practice. The Thunder Magic was similarly demanding.

Troy, at his young age, had already perfected both the Golden Light Curse and the Thunder Magic, earning him the title of Dragon Tiger Mountain’s greatest prodigy in a century.

But who could have imagined that on top of mastering these two arts, Troy had also perfected the Divine Talismans? It was utterly terrifying.

To grasp all three of Dragon Tiger Mountain’s supreme arts before the age of twenty—was he even human?

Even the world-renowned Grandmaster Phantom might not have achieved such a level back in his prime!

This was truly beyond belief!

CHAPTER 2563: THE UNYIELDING FORCE OF MERCY

At that moment, even the leaders Darkbane, Nolan, and Evelyn couldn't hide their surprise.

They initially believed that Troy had only begun to grasp the basics of Divine Talismans. Little did they know, he had already reached a state of mastery.

The Divine Talismans differed significantly from the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic; they required immense natural talent and understanding. Most disciples of Dragon Tiger Mountain would spend their entire lives without ever gaining entry into this art.

Yet, Troy, not even twenty years old, had perfected the Divine Talismans alongside the Golden Light Curse and Thunder Magic. It was terrifying.

The three leaders exchanged glances, their expressions turning grave.

Dragon Tiger Mountain truly had a history of producing prodigies—first Phantom, and now Troy. It was clear that Dragon Tiger Mountain’s dominance would remain unchallenged for the next century.

"So what if you have the Eight Trigrams Talismans? I refuse to believe they can withstand the Thousand Mechanisms Box!"

On the stage, Lander was initially shocked, but his face soon twisted into a ferocious determination, ready to fight to the death.

The Eight Trigrams Talismans were indeed powerful, but he held the Martin Clan’s sacred weapon—the odds were still in his favor.

"Tidal Surge!"

Lander unleashed a surge of spiritual energy and struck the Thousand Mechanisms Box with force.

"Buzz!"

The Thousand Mechanisms Box began to vibrate violently, releasing a blinding white light that quickly filled the entire area.

As the light swept through, every hidden weapon that had been knocked down rose into the air once more, continuing their assault on Troy.

The Thousand Mechanisms Box’s greatest advantage was its ability to control thousands of hidden weapons simultaneously. As long as the Thousand Mechanisms Box remained intact, the weapons could keep attacking indefinitely.

No one could withstand that!

"Approach, Soldier, Battle, Warrior, All, Formation, Array, Advance, March"

Amidst the golden light, Troy rapidly formed hand seals, then suddenly spread his hands wide and shouted, "Eight Trigrams Talismans, Break!"

At the word "Break," the eight talismans burst into a blinding light and then exploded with a deafening roar.

In an instant, the heavens and earth trembled, with winds howling and thunder roaring.

A wave of terrifying energy, like a tsunami, swept through the entire arena, scattering the Martin Clan’s hidden weapons in all directions.

The controlling formations within them were utterly destroyed.

Some of the lower-quality weapons even shattered on the spot, turning to dust.

Lander, his mind wounded, spat out a mouthful of blood and staggered backward.

Before he could react, a streak of golden light shot towards him, stopping just inches from his chest.

"Thunder Magic!"

Troy extended two fingers and sharply jabbed Lander’s chest.

Yet, just when everyone thought Lander would be blasted away, the blue lightning at Troy’s fingertips remained suspended, not delivering the final blow.

He did not strike the fatal blow.

Lander glanced down, his expression becoming complicated.

Finally, he sighed softly and said, "Thank you, Master Richards, for sparing me. I concede defeat."
Thank you and happy weekend Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')! Nice ending for the story this week! Hopefully better storyline like this one by the author in the coming chapters 😍

I begin to wonder.... How strong is this Troy as to Dustin now?

If he's this terrifying (cos obviously he'll be able to put up a fight with Vincent and probably even win) how much more terrifying is Dustin..

Remember biliwolf didn't even notice any fluctuations in Dustin's QI when he was fighting him, probably telling us that Dustin hadnt even taken that fight serious, and hadn't even tapped into even a fragment of his current power state .

My thoughts are wondering.

Thank you Immortal Great Grandmaster Junlee.

If he's this terrifying (cos obviously he'll be able to put up a fight with Vincent and probably even win) how much more terrifying is Dustin..

Remember biliwolf didn't even notice any fluctuations in Dustin's QI when he was fighting him, probably telling us that Dustin hadnt even taken that fight serious, and hadn't even tapped into even a fragment of his current power state .

May be Dustin is beyond their level 100times that's why they can't green on his cultivation bases and q fluctuations

YYo

You are so right!

I think he is on par or close to phantom richard’s level?!

May be Dustin is beyond their level 100times that's why they can't green on his cultivation bases and q fluctuations
So here's another, if being above your cultivation level a requirement to noticing QI fluctuation, then it's most likely even those masters on the stage are all below Dustin's level. Cos none of them actually saw through his cultivation level 🤯

While waiting for Dustin to continue his journey,
I just started a new novel titled Pinnacle of martial artists/ Martial Peak
Kindly check it out guys and drop your thoughts
This is an awesome novel ! It’s more than 6000 chapters. Each chapter is roughly 3 times the length of chapter of Understated Dominance.

That means it is 18000 plus chapters long if you make each chapter the length of understated dominance.

Can some please analyze how strong Rufus rhyns is, we all know his much stronger than the king of dragonmash,should we compare his strength to the Devine immortal master,don’t forget Dustin mother was one of the world strongest during her reign

This is an awesome novel ! It’s more than 6000 chapters. Each chapter is roughly 3 times the length of chapter of Understated Dominance.

That means it is 18000 plus chapters long if you make each chapter the length of understated dominance.
Link doesn't work. Could you please gelp

Link doesn't work. Could you please gelp
I started the novel here already, title martial peak

And this for the graphics edition

So here's another, if being above your cultivation level a requirement to noticing QI fluctuation, then it's most likely even those masters on the stage are all below Dustin's level. Cos none of them actually saw through his cultivation level 🤯
Exactly because remember he is rank on the list of the invisibles of the kingdom where they may never dream to be , and those ranked above him , i have not yet seen any around

Can some please analyze how strong Rufus rhyns is, we all know his much stronger than the king of dragonmash,should we compare his strength to the Devine immortal master,don’t forget Dustin mother was one of the world strongest during her reign
Remember Rufus rhyns is a military commander and the king is just only a noble who relaxed from martial arts training and concetrated on national affairs

CHAPTER 2564 THE UNSEEN GENIUS: TROY’S TRIUMPH

Lander never imagined he would lose, especially with the Thousand Mechanisms Box at his disposal.

But fate had other plans, and he ended up losing, with a sense of resignation and acceptance.

He had used all his tricks, only to have Troy counter each and every one.

In fact, if Troy hadn’t shown mercy in the final move, he would likely have been severely injured by now.

Troy granted him dignity, so naturally, Lander wouldn’t cause trouble.

Doing so would only invite more contempt.

"Ha..."

Seeing Lander concede, Troy exhaled deeply.

Sweat had already beaded on his forehead.

It was evident that his victory hadn't come easily.

The Golden Light Curse, Thunder Magic, Divine Talismans—he had used all his ultimate techniques, leaving no stone unturned.

If not for the final explosion of the Eight Trigrams Talismans, which allowed him to break free and quickly close in on Lander, he would have likely lost.

"Martin Clan's hidden weapons are indeed as legendary as rumored; today, I’ve truly experienced their power," Troy said sincerely.

"Hidden weapons are impressive, but ultimately, they are mere tricks compared to the Daoist arts of Dragon Tiger Mountain. I accept my defeat with genuine respect," Lander replied, cupping his fists in a gesture of respect.

As the ninth-ranked genius on the Whiz List, he naturally had his own pride.

He had initially thought the Thousand Mechanisms Box could vie for the top spot, but now it seemed he was merely dreaming.

Troy was nearly a decade older and had far superior skills and cultivation.

At this moment, he finally understood the saying, “There is always someone better, and beyond the sky, there is a greater sky.”

"I only narrowly won," Troy replied modestly.

"There's no need to say more, Master Richards. Even if we fought again, I would still be defeated," Lander said with a shake of his head. "Master Richards's skills at such a young age are boundless. I look forward to your future achievements. Farewell."

With that, Lander performed a respectful bow and left the stage.

Defeated by such a prodigious talent, he felt no shame.

"Match nine is over. Congratulations to contestant number 24 for the win!"

The referee, Jeremy, announced the result right on time, feeling a sigh of relief inwardly.

"Well done! Excellent fight!"

"Truly, a once-in-a-century talent from Dragon Tiger Mountain, living up to its reputation!"

"I can’t believe such a young person has such skill. It’s truly humbling!"

"…"

The crowd erupted in thunderous applause and discussion at Troy’s victory.

From the start, most had expected Lander to win.

With his ninth-place ranking on the Whiz List, his undefeated record, and the Thousand Mechanisms Box aiding him.

Such a master seemed to be a strong contender for the championship.

Yet no one had anticipated Troy’s concealed depth and remarkable prowess.

CHAPTER 2565 RISING STARS AND NEW HORIZONS: THE TOURNAMENT’S TURNING POINT

With the mastery of the three ultimate techniques—attack and defense seamlessly integrated—Troy had no flaws in his approach.

Even after withstanding the explosive power of the Thousand Mechanisms Box, he managed to counter with ease and deliver a decisive blow.

Such talent, skill, and composure forecast a future where Troy could potentially rival even the Grandmaster himself.

This young Taoist, not yet twenty, had become the undeniable dark horse of the tournament!

"Good job, kid," Jeremy said, unusually smiling as he gave a rare compliment.

"Uncle Master, I’ve truly given it my all. If I lose in the upcoming matches, you can’t blame me," Troy yawned and returned to his lazy demeanor.

"Just do your best," Jeremy nodded.

Defeating Lander head-on and demonstrating such formidable martial prowess was already more than enough.

As for winning the championship, it was not a pressing concern.

After all, this kid was still very young, barely eighteen this year.

Give him another ten years of honing, and not only would he surpass his Uncle Master, but he might even outshine the Grandmaster himself.

"Uncle Master, I’m a bit tired. I’m going to take a nap."

After a bow, Troy yawned again and walked off the stage.

This battle had already secured his reputation.

After the ninth match, the usual break began, and the stage, battered and bruised, needed repairs.

Meanwhile, the audience’s discussions continued unabated.

"I never expected Troy to have such strength. Dragon Tiger Mountain is truly impressive!" Vincent marveled.

He had not anticipated Troy’s victory. In his eyes, with the Thousand Mechanisms Box, Lander was almost guaranteed to win.

The only question was how long it would take.

Yet the final outcome far exceeded his expectations.

Who would have thought that Lander, ranked ninth on the Whiz List, would be defeated by a novice Taoist?

Such a thing was hard for anyone to believe.

"It seems Sheryl’s insight was indeed sharp!" Lara exclaimed in amazement.

Previously, Vincent had believed Lander would win, but Gabrielle had suggested Troy had a significant chance, and it turned out to be true.

"That was just a casual remark. Honestly, I’m quite surprised by the result," Gabrielle said with a smile.

She had favored Troy, simply because she believed Dragon Tiger Mountain would not send a weak contestant. But when Lander brought out the Thousand Mechanisms Box, her confidence wavered.

She hadn’t expected the situation to turn around and Troy to win.

"Now that Lander has been defeated, the remaining matches should be exciting," Lara said eagerly. "I’m looking forward to seeing who will be the ultimate victor of this tournament."

CHAPTER 2566: THE FINAL SIXTEEN

Time ticked away as the fierce competition raged on.

Without realizing it, half a day had passed. The arena, now showing signs of wear and tear, had borne witness to battle after battle of intense combat.

Finally, the top sixteen contestants were decided.

For fighters like Billy May, Abigail Robinsons, and Vincent Chambers—who were ranked among the elite in the Whiz List—their victories were nearly guaranteed, as long as they didn't face each other. Their opponents stood no chance and were swiftly overwhelmed.

Especially notable was Billy's match. His opponent didn't even bother fighting, choosing instead to surrender immediately.

It was common knowledge that sword cultivators were exceptionally deadly, and with Billy being the number one prodigy on the Whiz List, his power had reached that of a grandmaster (Note: While not specified in the original translation, this could mean Supreme/Ultimate Grandmaster). A casual swing of his sword could easily dispatch an ordinary master.

For those unfortunate enough to draw Billy as their opponent, surrender was the only logical choice to avoid risking their lives.

In martial arts tournaments like these, sometimes luck outweighed skill.

Apart from Billy and the other two, there were two more from the Whiz List who made it to the final sixteen: Elvin Carr, ranked eighth, and Cort Maine, ranked tenth.

Elvin Carr, a master of the blade, won his match in just three moves. Cort Maine, known for his mastery of various mystical arts, also easily defeated his opponent.

Including Dustin, there were six experts from the Whiz List among the top sixteen.

Had it not been for Lander's unexpected loss to Troy, there might have been another.

As for the remaining ten fighters, they were either from prestigious sects or long-established in the martial arts world, each one a formidable opponent in their own right.

Standing out among them were Father Adam from the West and the Black Diamond, George Browse.

With the top sixteen determined, it was time for a break.

The major sects seized the opportunity to recruit talented fighters, particularly Dustin, who had impressed them greatly. The three major factions extended warm invitations to him.

Dustin, however, neither accepted nor declined, opting instead to play it cool. He had ties with all three factions now, so rejecting any of them outright would be unwise. He decided to pretend nothing had happened and planned to slip away after the tournament.

As for what would happen next, he couldn't care less.

After a brief rest, it was time for the next draw.

Today, the top eight would be determined, meaning there was another round of matches to be fought.

The matches between the top sixteen would be even more intense and bloody.

"Now, will the top sixteen contestants please come up to draw your lots!"

Jeremy Richards called out, and the victorious fighters from the last round stepped onto the stage.

The drawing process remained the same—random selection, with the first facing the sixteenth, the second against the fifteenth, and so on.

As fate would have it, Dustin drew number eight again, meaning his match would be the last of the round, against the number nine contestant.

CHAPTER 2567: THE UNVEILING

This time, everyone kept their drawn numbers well-hidden, not revealing a single clue.

After all, in the round of sixteen to eight, there were no weak opponents.

Exposing your number prematurely would make you an easy target.

On the other hand, if you could discover your opponent’s identity, it would be a game-changer, allowing you to craft a strategy and maximize your chances of victory.

So, after the draw, all factions began discreetly gathering information to prepare their fighters.

How much they could uncover would depend on their resourcefulness.

"The draw is complete. Contestants, please prepare quickly; the matches will begin shortly!" Jeremy's voice rang out once more, reminding everyone of the impending battles.

There was barely enough time for a short break.

"Brother Vincent, what number did you get?" Liana asked Vincent as soon as they returned to their seats.

"Not the best luck; I drew number one," Vincent replied with a faint smile.

"Number one? That means you're up first." Liana raised an eyebrow, then lowered her voice. "I'll send someone to find out who your opponent is."

"No need to trouble yourself. It doesn't matter who it is," Vincent shook his head. "Relying on tricks is a minor path. To win, you must depend on your own strength; otherwise, all preparation is meaningless."

His confidence was unwavering; he didn't care who he faced, even if it was Billy. He would fight without hesitation.

Because his goal was the championship.

And to be the champion, he had to defeat every strong opponent.

"You're right," Liana nodded, then turned to Dustin. "What about you, Dr. Rhys?"

"I got number eight again, just like last time," Dustin replied honestly.

"I mean, do you want me to find out who your opponent is?" Liana offered.

"No need. Let fate decide," Dustin responded with a light smile.

"Fair enough. With your strength, as long as you don't run into one of the Whiz List elites, you should have no trouble making it into the top eight," Liana nodded in agreement.

She had witnessed Dustin's prowess firsthand when he wiped out the vampire clan, so she was well aware of his capabilities.

As long as his luck didn't betray him, the top eight should be within reach.

After that, it would indeed be in the hands of fate.

The short break flew by, and Jeremy's voice echoed once more: "Time's up! The first match is about to begin. Will the number one and number sixteen contestants please come to the stage!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Vincent stood up without hesitation and made his way to the arena.

A few seconds later, another figure slowly rose from the waiting area—a man dressed in white, carrying a long sword on his back. He moved deliberately, each step taking him closer to the stage.

His expression was cold, his aura sharp, like an unsheathed blade, radiating a menacing energy.

This man was none other than Victor Steele, the top disciple of the Mysterious Sword Sect!

CHAPTER 2568: THE DARK HORSE part 1

Victor's entrance stirred a wave of attention across the crowd.

The Mysterious Sword Sect was an enigmatic force in the martial world. Though its disciples were few, each was extraordinarily gifted.

Especially renowned was the sect's Sword Manipulation Technique—a skill so formidable that even the Thunderstrike Sword Alliance eyed it with envy.

Every time Victor stepped into the arena, all eyes were on him.

Part of the intrigue was due to his sect's secretive nature; the other part was sheer curiosity about this fabled sword technique.

However, to the audience's disappointment, Victor had yet to reveal this legendary skill, despite advancing effortlessly to the final sixteen.

Or perhaps, none of his previous opponents had been strong enough to force him to unleash it.

But now, the situation was different.

Victor was facing Vincent, a top-tier fighter ranked fifth on the Whiz List.

With such a formidable opponent, there would be no holding back.

The two men stood on the stage, exchanging formalities with a respectful bow.

"World Society, Vincent Chambers," Vincent introduced himself with a simple clasp of his fists.

"Mysterious Sword Sect’s First Disciple, Victor Steele," Victor responded coolly.

"I’ve heard that the Mysterious Sword Sect’s Sword Manipulation Technique can decapitate an enemy from a thousand meters away. Is that true?" Vincent asked with genuine curiosity.

In a world as vast as this, there were countless marvels he had yet to witness.

"You’ll find out soon enough," Victor replied, his tone flat, as if he didn’t consider Vincent a real threat.

"Oh?" Vincent raised an eyebrow, then smiled calmly. "Very well. I look forward to seeing what you can do."

Was this young man overly confident? Or simply naive?

"The Mysterious Sword Sect’s Victor versus the World Society’s Vincent—who do you think will win?"

"Is that even a question? Of course, it’s Vincent! Do you think his fifth place on the Whiz List is for show? He earned that with real blood and sweat!"

"I’ve heard Vincent’s skills have nearly reached the level of a Grandmaster (Note: this could possibly mean Supreme/Ultimate Grandmaster), and combined with the World Society’s secret techniques, a mere Victor Steele shouldn’t pose much of a challenge."

"Don’t be so sure! From what I’ve heard, Victor’s skills are nothing to scoff at, and with that rumored Sword Manipulation Technique as his trump card, he might just be able to go toe-to-toe with Vincent."

"Exactly! In arena combat, the tide can turn in an instant. Until the very last moment, no one can be certain of the outcome. You all said Lander would win his match, but look what happened—despite using every trick in the book, he still lost to Troy."

"…"

As the two warriors squared off on the stage, the audience buzzed with debate.

Some were convinced of Vincent’s victory, while others believed Victor might just be the dark horse of the tournament.

CHAPTER 2569: THE DARK HORSE part 2

The debate over who would emerge victorious continued, with each side firmly convinced of their chosen champion's strength. Yet, no one could sway the other.

"Both fighters are ready! Let the first match of the top sixteen begin!" Jeremy's voice rang out, signaling the start of the battle.

The once noisy arena quickly fell silent, as all eyes locked onto the stage, eager to witness the clash between two of the most formidable warriors.

"Please, go ahead," Vincent said, extending one hand in a gesture of invitation, his expression confident and unyielding.

"Hmph!" Victor did not stand on ceremony. With a quick step, his figure blurred, transforming into a shadow as he charged forward. He unleashed a powerful punch aimed directly at Vincent.

The sheer force behind his attack was like thunder, resonating with an overwhelming might.

Many knew of Victor's extraordinary swordsmanship, but few realized that his martial arts prowess was equally exceptional. In fact, some of his earlier opponents hadn't even earned the right to see him draw his sword.

"You're going for a punch-off?" Vincent smirked, standing his ground without flinching, and countered with a punch of his own.

"Bang!"

Their fists collided in mid-air, producing a thunderous explosion.

The shockwave of energy rippled outward, scattering in all directions.

While Vincent remained rooted to the spot, Victor was forced back several steps, his arm momentarily numb.

It was evident that in terms of raw power and cultivation, Victor was at a slight disadvantage.

"Hmm?" Victor frowned as he glanced down at his arm, his fingers twitching involuntarily.

The exchange had revealed a hidden weakness—he wasn't as strong as Vincent in pure strength.

However, the outcome of a duel wasn't determined by strength alone; it also relied on technique and lethal moves.

"Wind Thunder Fist!" Victor wasted no time. His energy surged, flooding into his fists as he launched another assault.

His fists moved like lightning, striking with insane speed, unleashing hundreds of punches in an instant. The air was filled with the illusion of countless fist shadows, overwhelming the senses.

"Interesting," Vincent remarked, still standing his ground. He mirrored Victor's technique, his fists moving with equal speed, creating a barrage of fist shadows that collided with Victor's.

"Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang…"

The sound of their blows crashing together echoed like a string of firecrackers, with energy waves rippling continuously through the air.

As the battle intensified, their movements became faster, their strikes more ferocious, and the commotion they caused grew louder.

The audience below could no longer discern the two fighters' movements. All they could see were countless fist shadows, filling the arena like a storm, making it impossible to tell who was who.

This brutal and straightforward exchange of punches was a spectacle unlike anything they had ever seen.

Neither fighter retreated; they exchanged blow for blow, embodying a relentless, iron-blooded determination.