An Understated Dominance Novel: Chapter 994 to 1320 Chinese Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 967
The big-mouthed man didn't stop at all and directly gave Yan Tao a facelift, which made him completely different!

The problem is that Yan Tao is the young master of the Jiuding Sect and has a distinguished status.

It is said that one person is inferior to ten thousand people.

Is this guy crazy? !

How dare he? ! !

"Stop! Stop it!"

Shen Yao finally couldn't stand it anymore and quickly stopped her.

But at this time, Yan Tao was already bloody and unconscious.

"Brother Dustin! Now you are in big trouble!"

Shen Yao groaned and quickly helped Yan Tao up, giving him medicine and pinching him, trying to wake him up.

It is no exaggeration to say that if Yan Tao was really beaten, something would happen.

Then not only Dustin, but also the entire Bixia Sect would suffer Yan Song's crazy revenge.

"Dustin! We shouldn't sit together with you. You've done us a lot of harm this time!"

Shen Chong was angry and panicked at the same time.

What the hell!

Why did you meet such a madman?

Regardless of Yan Tao's status or the power of the Jiuding Sect, if he is caught, he will be beaten.

It’s absolutely crazy!

"Brother Dustin! If you hit Yan Tao, disaster will come soon. Run away quickly, otherwise it will be too late!"

Han Yi was very nervous. As she spoke, she grabbed Brother Dustin's arm and tried to pull him out.

It turned out that the other party was motionless and completely unresponsive.

"Who dares to hit my son?!"

At this moment, an angry shout suddenly exploded at the door.

Immediately afterwards, a middle-aged man with a majestic face and a powerful aura came in with a group of warriors.
The leading man is surprisingly the leader of the Jiuding Sect and the number one master in Youzhou—Yan Song!

"It's broken, it's broken! Master Yan is here!"

"Master Yan is so angry that no one in the entire Youzhou can withstand it!"

"Hmph! How dare you hit Mr. Yan? Let's see if you survive!"

Yan Song's appearance caused a commotion.

The onlookers took a few steps back, fearing that Chi Yu would be harmed.

Many people were gloating over the misfortune, looking at Dustin as if they were looking at a dying person.

"It's over! I can't even run away now..."

Han Yi's face turned pale and she was in despair.

She was still thinking about fighting for Dustin's chance of survival, but in the end she still didn't have time.

"Alas...it seems there is no hope."

Shen Yao sighed, with a little more sympathy in her eyes.

Yan Song personally took action, which meant that Dustin would die or not.

"What a disaster!"

Shen Chong shook his head, with a bitter look on his face.

Dustin is dead, but they will also have to suffer the same fate, and they will inevitably be taught a lesson.

"Dad! You are finally here!"

After being rescued, Yan Tao wailed, staggered and fell in front of Yan Song, hugging his thighs and crying: "If you come a little later, I will be beaten to death! Look, look How has my face been beaten into shape? You must make the decision for me this time!"

"Who is it? Who dares to hurt you like this?!"

Looking at Yan Tao's face that was swollen into a pig's head, Yan Song was furious.

After so many years in Youzhou, no one has ever dared to hit his son.

who is he?

The leader of the Jiuding Sect!

The number one master in Youzhou!

Martial Alliance Elder!
Who wouldn’t be able to nod, bow, and salute?

Anyone who dares to challenge his authority in public is simply asking for death!

"Dad! It's that boy!"

Yan Tao pointed at Dustin and said with a look of resentment: "He was the one who beat me just now! He also made all kinds of noises, saying that you have a vain reputation. That's bullshit. It's just too much!"

"You dare to scold me? That's so presumptuous!"

Yan Song's face darkened, and his sharp eyes swept over.

However, when he saw Dustin's face clearly, he couldn't help being frightened and almost collapsed to the ground.

grass!

How did you meet this plague god? !

As an elder of the Martial Alliance, he saw clearly the grandmaster battle some time ago.

The man in front of me is a terrifying existence that has defeated Venerable Ziyang!

Not to mention scolding him, even if he was given a hard fight on the spot, he would not dare to say a word.

Chapter 968
"Now we're in trouble!"

Looking at the cold-faced Dustin, Yan Song, known as the number one master in Youzhou, was so frightened that he broke out in cold sweat.

It was really unlucky to meet such a plague god.

You're not going to get beaten today, are you?

"Dad! Why are you still standing there? Beat him! Beat him to death!"

"Today I want to make this kid understand what it means to kill yourself by striking an egg against a stone!"

Yan Tao's face was full of ferocity and he kept shouting.

"Shut up!"

Yan Song's expression changed, and he slapped Yan Tao hard on the face with his backhand.

"Snapped!"

Yan Tao was beaten so hard that he staggered and was completely stunned.

The few remaining teeth also popped out, and the face that was originally swollen into a pig's head became even more unsightly.

"Dad? You...why did you hit me?"

Yan Tao's eyes widened and he couldn't believe it.

You know, from childhood to adulthood, he has always been a treasure in the palm of your hand.

Usually my father doesn’t even say a harsh word. What happened today?

You actually slapped him in public?

are you crazy? !

"What's wrong with beating you? Shouldn't you be beaten?"

"Relying on the majesty of the Jiuding Sect all day long, I act arrogant and domineering outside, bullying men and dominating women, and ruining my reputation!"

"Today, I must teach you a lesson!"

Yan Song yelled and cursed, and slapped Yan Tao twice, knocking Yan Tao to the ground.

Then, still not relieved, he started punching and kicking.

The moves are ruthless and show no mercy.
Yan Tao was beaten until he wailed and screamed repeatedly.

With that posture, those who didn't know it thought there was some deep hatred between the two.

"ah?"

The sudden change made everyone dumbfounded.

Everyone was dumbfounded and shocked.

According to their assumptions, Yan Song came with a large group of troops to stand up for Yan Tao and teach the perpetrators a lesson.

Why are you beating your own son now?

And he beat him so hard.

what's the situation?

"What happened to Master Yan? Did you take the wrong medicine?"

"Who knows? Master Yan is famous for protecting his enemies. Why does he seem to be a different person today?"

"It's too cruel! How can this be a lesson to my son? This is clearly just venting resentment!"

"..."

Seeing Yan Tao being beaten violently, everyone whispered, feeling surprised, stunned, and at the same time somewhat pitiful.

It was okay to be beaten severely by Dustin before, but now he is beaten by his own father. It is really miserable.

The problem is that Yan Song dotes on his son very much.

Anyone who dares to provoke him will have his hands and feet cut off, or he will be killed on the spot.

Today, he went out of his way and beat his son like a dog. It was really weird.

"Well......"

At this moment, Han Yi, Shen Yao, Shen Chong and the others were all confused.

He stood there blankly, a little at a loss.

When they saw Yan Song, they thought they were in for a big disaster.

As a result, things took a turn for the worse. Not only did Yan Song not cause trouble for them, he also taught his own son a lesson.

When did Sect Leader Yan, who used force to conquer others and was all about himself, become so reasonable?

"Master! Stop fighting. Stop fighting. If you fight again, you will die!"
After coming back to his senses, a group of Jiuding Sect disciples began to break up the fight, allowing Yan Tao to save his life.

"Hmph! This domineering traitor deserves to be beaten to death!"

Yan Song looks like he hates evil as much as he hates his enemies, and he will kill his relatives out of righteousness.

As he said this, the fists and kicks in his hands finally stopped.

If the fight continues, I'm afraid something will really happen.

"Fellow martial arts comrades, today's incident is due to my poor discipline, Yan. Here, I will show everyone my fault."

Yan Song turned around and bowed deeply to Dustin and others to express his apology.

Dustin had no expression on his face and accepted it very calmly.

Chapter 1103

“Eh?”

Upon witnessing this scene, several individuals were left in bewilderment.

Vivian, in particular, wore an expression of disbelief, utterly flabbergasted.

Could it be that my jaw has dropped?

Just snapped out of it?

“Snap out of it, snap out of it! My dad’s awake!”

Shiela cheered, overflowing with joy.

“Are you really awake? That lad’s medical skills are truly remarkable?”

Everyone exchanged astonished glances.

Even Mr. Yamada found himself at a loss, being healed by an unknown young practitioner, a truly unexpected turn of events.

“Sister Vivian, how about you? Now you’ve seen how capable Brother Dustin is,” Shiela remarked, her face tinged with both pride and satisfaction.

“Well…”

Vivian looked abashed, her cheeks flushing.

I had just sworn to leap off that building, and now I’m getting a figurative slap in the face.

“What’s going on? Why am I here?”

Caden questioned, his face marked by confusion, as he struggled to sit up, a prickling sensation coursing through his body.

It was akin to being prodded by Nanny Rong’s needle.

“Dad! You went berserk and nearly lost your life. Brother Dustin saved you!”

Shiela stepped forward, recounting the entire incident in detail.

After listening, Caden furrowed his brows: “Dustin saved me? How is that possible?”

“It’s true!”

Shiela asserted with a solemn expression, “If Brother Dustin hadn’t intervened, you might already be six feet under.”

“Something’s amiss, there’s an air of peculiarity about all this.”

After careful consideration, Caden suddenly remarked, “If even Mr. Yamada couldn’t remedy my ailment, how could that lad Dustin manage it? I don’t believe he possesses such power!”

He and Dustin had never seen eye to eye; how could the lad have saved him?

There must be a conspiracy at play!

“Dad, the facts are right before us. What is there to doubt?” Shiela frowned.

She felt her father was being a touch unreasonable.

“Silly girl, people’s motives are unpredictable. Don’t accept everything at face value.”

Caden pontificated, “I’ve been immersed in martial arts since childhood and have always enjoyed robust health. How could I suddenly fall gravely ill? If my deductions are correct, it must be that lad Dustin’s doing!

He secretly administered some concoction to render me seriously ill and teetering on the brink of death, only to then emerge as a saviour, preserving my life.

From that moment, he’d become a tremendous benefactor to the Murong clan, leveraging this opportunity to ascend the ranks of our family.

This lad is truly devious!”

As he concluded, Caden clenched his teeth, his visage marred by resentment.

They’d had a confrontation the previous day, and now this happened. He harboured strong suspicions that Dustin was behind it all!

“Dad! What are you saying? Brother Dustin isn’t that sort of person!” Shiela defended, attempting to reason.

“I believe what my second uncle is saying holds weight.”

Garrett asserted with a serious demeanor, “You must remain vigilant against others. A nobody like Dustin could resort to anything to acquire influence. Directing and starring in his own play isn’t out of the realm of possibility.”

“That’s correct! Everything makes sense now. Dustin intentionally drugged him, then rescued him, seizing the opportunity to shine. This type of person is truly loathsome!” Vivian declared through gritted teeth.

“What a vile scheme! What a malicious heart!”

“If this individual isn’t dealt with, it’s truly intolerable!”

Each person took turns reproaching, their every word charged with righteous anger and indignation.

Under Caden’s influence, Dustin’s role as a saviour had completely transformed into that of a pariah.

Chapter 1104

“It’s not like that! It’s not like that!”

Witnessing Sheila Murray being unjustly accused, Lily vigorously shook her head, offering various explanations, “You’ve misunderstood. Brother Dustin isn’t a malevolent person. You can’t make baseless claims here!”

“Sensible girl, you’re still young. Some wrongdoers conceal themselves so cunningly that it’s hard to discern. Only an astute eye like my father’s can spot the signs at once,” Caden stated solemnly.

“Yes, Sheila, Dustin clearly harbours ill intentions. Don’t let yourself be fooled by him,” everyone urged.

“I don’t believe it… I don’t believe it! Brother Dustin would never harm anyone!”

Sheila Murray was so distressed that her eyes turned red, imploring Lily, “Mum, please say something! Brother Dustin saved me once, and now he’s cured Dad’s ailment. You’ve seen it all, Chase, you can vouch for it, can’t you?”

“Brother Caden, could there be a misunderstanding?” Lily attempted to mediate.

“Confused!”

Caden furrowed his brow, “Sheila may not see through, but do you think you can’t? Over these years, what sorts of people haven’t I encountered? To curry favour with us, to climb the social ladder, these lower-level individuals will stop at nothing. I’ve long grown accustomed to this kind of gratitude-seeking behaviour!”

“But…”

Lily was about to say something, but was brusquely cut off by Caden, “What? Do you think I’m mistaken in my judgment? Or do you not trust my word?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

Lily looked abashed and could only choose to stay silent.

Although she felt Caden was a touch arbitrary, she wouldn’t cross her husband for an outsider like Dustin.

Not worth it.

“Dad, Mum, why are you like this?” Sheila Murray was a tad dissatisfied.

Dustin clearly saved lives, yet in the end, he still had to bear this stigma.

Isn’t this repaying kindness with resentment?

“Sheila, I know you have feelings for that lad Dustin, but don’t let infatuation cloud your judgement.”

Caden cautioned with a stern expression, “That lad is penniless, lacks standing, and has no pedigree. He’s utterly unsuitable for you. The difference between you is like night and day, and you can never be together.”

“Dad! What are you saying?” Sheila Murray was both ashamed and indignant.

“I’m saying it for your own good. Your future husband must be a formidable and accomplished young man. If not, he must hail from a wealthy family. A lad like Dustin, with no shoes on his feet, is entirely unfit!” Caden declared, his disdain undisguised.

What right does a village doctor have to be his son-in-law?

It’s simply preposterous!

“Sheila, I think what my second uncle said holds merit. Dustin and us, we’re from different worlds. If you force him into our circle, it’ll only end in misery for both you and him,” Garrett spoke gravely.

“Yes, Sheila, please snap out of it. This Dustin chap only knows how to sweet-talk and will do anything to curry your favour. It’s really quite unnerving!” Vivian added, fanning the flames.

“Sheila, we’re all your kin and friends. We can’t bear to see you harmed. Listen to our counsel and keep your distance from Dustin in the future. It’s best to sever ties,” Chase Johnson advised.

“Enough… please, enough!”

Sheila Murray covered her ears and shook her head vigorously, feeling thoroughly distressed.

She refused to believe that Chase Dustin was a malefactor, and she was even less willing to accept the chasm in their standings.

Didn’t she have the right to choose her friends?

“Sheila, while the words may be a tad harsh, they are nonetheless an unchangeable reality.”

Lily advised gently, “It’s fine for you and Dustin to be casual friends, but don’t become too entangled. In this world, some people are destined for greatness, while others live like weeds. The difference in status is more than just a word—it can’t be easily bridged.”

She thanked Dustin for his treatment, but that didn’t mean she’d endorse their relationship.

“Enough, please, enough… I won’t listen, I won’t listen… You’re all deceitful!”

Sheila Murray was so overwhelmed that she burst into tears on the spot and rushed out of the door.

The opposition from her family and the admonitions from her friends were like daggers to her heart.

Could it be that she was truly mistaken?

Should she not care for Dustin?

“Sheila!”

Seeing Sheila Murray bolt out, Lily was about to follow, but was restrained by Caden, “Leave her be for now. Let her find solace on her own. One day, she’ll learn to mature and can’t be so headstrong anymore.”

“I wonder if this kid will come to his senses,” Lily sighed softly.

Love, in her view, was futile.

She’d witnessed many affluent ladies who risked everything for so-called love, only to end up battered and bruised.

Chapter 1105

She didn’t want her daughter to follow in the footsteps of these people.

“Why? Why is this happening?”

At this moment, it was dark.

After Sheila Murray rushed out of the hospital, she huddled beneath the streetlight on the corner of the road and wept until her tears seemed inexhaustible.

The faint glow elongated her shadow considerably.

She cared not for Dustin’s standing or his influence; she simply held affection for him.

She genuinely couldn’t fathom why everyone was against it?

Must two people be of the same ilk to be together?

What should she do, then?

Should she chase love without heed for her own safety?

Or should she heed her family’s counsel and conceal this love deep within her heart?

“Crunch!”

At this juncture, a black commercial vehicle emblazoned with a brand suddenly pulled up by the roadside.

The car door swung open, and a group of masked men dressed in black swiftly disembarked and swiftly encircled Sheila Murray.

“Who are you? What’s your purpose?”

Sheila Murray’s face wore a vigilant expression, and she instinctively stepped back.

“Miss Sheila, my master wishes to meet you. Please accompany us.”

The lead masked man inclined his head slightly, then extended his hand in a beckoning gesture.

“I’m not going! Leave me be!”

Sheila Murray spun around and bolted without uttering a word.

“Seize her.”

The leader signaled, and a swarm of black-clad men immediately closed in and bound Sheila Murray.

“Release me! Let go!”

Sheila Murray thrashed wildly and continued to shout.

“Miss Sheila, apologies for the imposition. Take her away!”

The leader waved his hand, ordered Sheila Murray to be bound, and got into the vehicle.

Then he pressed the accelerator and sped off.

At the scene, only one of Sheila Murray’s shoes remained, kicked off in her escape…

The night grew even darker.

At this moment, within Fengyu Villa.

Dustin sat drinking with a group of individuals from the Qilin Gang.

Previously, the position of Hall Master of Yanlong Hall had been vacant, but with the arrival of Emperor Xuan, he now naturally assumed this role.

As for the old tippler, despite being cured, he hadn’t shaken his old habits and would easily become inebriated.

“Jingle Bell……”

At this juncture, Dustin’s mobile phone rang abruptly.

When he answered, it was an unfamiliar voice: “Hello, Mr. Dustin, is this? I have your girlfriend Sheila Murray in my possession. If you wish for her safety, bring Qicai Ganoderma here immediately. I’ll be waiting for you at the Chengbei Steel Plant, remember, come alone.”

With those words, the call was disconnected, and a video of the kidnapping was sent.

In the video, Sheila Murray was suspended in the air, her clothes disheveled.

A gathering of masked men in black surrounded her, all of them eyeing each other.

After viewing the video, Dustin’s countenance darkened instantly.

Unforeseeably, shortly after leaving the hospital, something had befallen Sheila Murray. Clearly, the abductor had planned this.

“Drink at your leisure, I’ll step out for a moment.”

Dustin wasted no time, rising and departing promptly.

There were few who were privy to the knowledge of Seven Gathering Ganoderma, so he was intensely curious: who was scheming in the shadows?

Chapter 1106

At this moment, within a derelict steel mill.

Sheila Murray dangled, tightly bound and unconscious, her eyes hidden beneath a black cloth.

Watanabe Tenmei, adorned in opulence, savoured a prime cut of Wagyu steak while indulging in a glass of exquisite wine.

Every motion exuded elegance, a smile gracing the face, every gesture steeped in aristocratic charm.

“Young Master, time ticks on and the target remains elusive. I reckon he lacks the nerve to show up,” a robust warrior in crimson reported after a while.

“Fret not, we shall wait,” Watanabe Tianming declared.

He set down knife and fork, dabbing his mouth with a napkin before speaking with a smile, “I’ve delved into the connection between Dustin and Sheila Murray. It’s no simple affair. Given his nature, he’ll undoubtedly come to her aid.”

“I fear Dustin may be unwilling to part with the Qicai Ganoderma. Why not send your men into Fengyu Villa to seize the treasure directly?” the crimson-clad warrior suggested.

“Rash!” Watanabe Tianming’s countenance turned frigid. “Fengyu Villa conceals numerous masters. Even if we succeed, our losses will be severe. Can the lives of Dragon Kingdom’s warriors compare to the nobility of our Golden Crow Kingdom?”

“The Dragon Kingdom’s warriors are naught but inept, Master. You overestimate them,” the crimson-clad warrior grumbled.

Their warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom were handpicked and battle-hardened. How could a group of Dragon Kingdom’s weaklings stand a chance?

“While Dragon Kingdom’s warriors may lack prowess, they can overwhelm through sheer numbers. Even tigers must beware of a wolf pack,” Watanabe Tenming cautioned.

“Understood, Master.”

The crimson-clad warrior outwardly nodded, yet his eyes remained defiant, clearly dismissing the Dragon Kingdom’s warriors.

After all, decades ago, Longguo’s people were beneath their heels.

“Have you been waiting for me?”

Suddenly, a cold voice echoed.

It appeared without warning, seemingly from all directions.

“Who’s there?”

Instantly, everyone was on high alert, eyes scanning the surroundings.

“Step, step, step…”

Accompanied by the soft sound of footsteps, a tall, imposing figure emerged from the shadows.

It was Dustin, arriving just in time.

“Mr. Dustin, you’ve finally arrived. I’ve been anticipating our meeting,” Watanabe Tenaki greeted with a polite smile.

“And who might you be?” Dustin surveyed the area.

Around the entire factory, about twenty to thirty individuals lay in ambush, including five innate masters, while the rest boasted peak internal strength.

In a provincial capital, this force could challenge even the wealthiest families.

“I am Watanabe Tenaki. Delighted to make your acquaintance,” he nodded.

“Watanabe? Are you from the Golden Crow Kingdom?” Dustin swiftly deduced.

“Indeed.”

Watanabe Tianming stated plainly, “I’ve heard that Mr. Dustin possesses a Ganoderma lucidum plant. I’m immensely interested and prepared to offer a substantial sum for its acquisition. I hope Mr. Dustin can bear to part with it.”

“Your offer may be generous, but I cannot relinquish the Qicai Ganoderma,” Dustin firmly declined.

“What? Mr. Dustin, do you believe I lack the means? Simply name your price, and I shan’t haggle,” Watanabe Tianming was forthright.

“I abhor being coerced. By employing this tactic to summon me, you’ve crossed a line. No amount of money will sway me,” Dustin stated coolly.

“Hmm?”

Watanabe Tianming’s gaze grew icy, but he swiftly masked it with a smile, “Mr. Dustin, I erred in my approach. I’m willing to extend my apologies. If you consent to sell the Qicai Ganoderma, we can easily come to an agreement.”

“It appears you still don’t grasp the situation. Allow me to reiterate. You are not worthy of possessing a treasure like the Qicai Ganoderma. I wouldn’t sell it to you even if it were to feed a dog!” Dustin was unapologetic.

At these words, Watanabe Tianming’s countenance darkened in an instant.

Chapter 1107

“Ba Ga, Road!”

The crimson-clad samurai seethed with anger, drawing his sword with a swift motion, poised to strike.

“Mr. Dustin, there’s a saying in your Dragon Kingdom that those who grasp the current affairs are truly wise. If you surrender the Qicai Ganoderma, I’ll allow you both to leave. Should you dare refuse, death awaits you!” Watanabe Tenming warned.

“Just because you lot still think you can kill me? Do you possess that capability?” Dustin sneered.

“Don’t believe me? You’re welcome to try,” Watanabe Tenaki snapped his fingers.

“Hi!”

The warrior in red responded, closing in on Chase Dustin with a blade in hand, a disdainful smile playing on his lips. “You people from the Dragon Kingdom are nothing more than feeble men of East Asia, always prattling on about heroism. Today, I’ll give you a lesson you won’t forget!”

“What did you just say?”

Dustin’s countenance turned icy, a surge of murderous intent gleaming in his eyes.

Some eighty years past, the Golden Crow Kingdom did indeed hold sway over the Dragon Kingdom for a time.

Back then, the Dragon Kingdom had only just emerged from a war, left in ruins and with a weakened national power. It was consequently subjected to various oppressions by the Golden Crow Kingdom, even earning the derogatory title of the “feeble men of East Asia.”

After decades of progress, the Dragon Kingdom had risen to prominence, but the stain of that past humiliation under Zeng Jin lingered unforgotten.

Hearing that ignominious label now, any hot-blooded man would bristle in indignation.

“Angry, are you?”

The crimson-clad warrior laughed savagely. “You feeble men of East Asia will forever be beneath the heels of our Golden Crow Kingdom. Eighty years ago, it was true, and it holds true today.

You’re all inferior races, the lowliest of slaves, no better than our hounds.

You ought only to kneel before us and beg for mercy.

True, you’re humble, but you can’t deny your women are strikingly beautiful.

After I dispatch you, the feeble man of East Asia, I’ll take pleasure in the company of your woman.

No… I think I’ll humiliate her thoroughly right before your eyes!

Hahaha…”

By the end of his tirade, the red-clad warrior erupted into boisterous laughter.

Incredibly haughty, unapologetically arrogant.

Even the group of black-clad warriors surrounding them joined in the mirth.

Each one brimming with pride and self-satisfaction.

In their eyes, how could the lowly warriors of the Dragon Kingdom possibly compare to the noble warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom?

“You—you’ve sealed your own fate!”

Witnessing the warriors reveling in their callousness, Dustin’s fury surged, and a murderous rage ignited within him.

With a powerful step, he propelled himself forward like a cannonball, landing a fierce blow on the red-clad warrior.

“Go to hell!”

Without a moment’s hesitation, the crimson warrior yelled, gripping the knife in both hands, evading forward, and bringing the blade down heavily towards Dustin’s head.

His sword, wielded by elite warriors, could cleave through steel.

Moreover, the blade outreached the span of a hand, making a weaponless charge a suicidal move.

“Qiang!”

At last, the red warrior’s sword met Dustin’s head with force.

To everyone’s astonishment, Dustin emerged unscathed, while the finely wrought iron blade snapped cleanly in two.

“What?!”

The crimson-clad warrior’s eyes widened in horror, his face a mask of disbelief.

He could never have fathomed that a person’s skull could be harder than a blade.

“Boom!”

A dull thud resounded.

Before the red-clad warrior could react, he was impaled through the chest by Dustin’s punch.

Chapter 1108

Dustin’s fist surged forward, then retracted in a powerful blow, sending a spray of blood across the ground.

“Well…”

The scarlet-clad warrior stood frozen, disbelief etched across his face. He lowered his gaze in shock, beholding the fist that had pierced through his chest.

Aren’t the people from the Dragon Kingdom supposed to be feeble? Aren’t their warriors mere shadows of strength?

Then why, in front of me, does this man possess such formidable power?

Overwhelmed by shock, fear, and an unwillingness to yield, the crimson-clad warrior eventually crumpled to the ground, succumbing to his demise, a bitter hatred in his eyes.

“Foolish arrogance!”

Dustin’s countenance remained cold and unyielding. Without pause, he delivered a forceful kick to the head of the fallen red-clad warrior.

“Boom!”

A resounding explosion echoed.

The warrior’s head disintegrated on the spot, akin to a smashed watermelon.

Life extinguished in an instant.

Dustin was resolute in his approach, a swift executor, never debasing the fallen. But the words of the red-clad warrior had kindled a fire within him.

A hatred for his homeland and kin, under dual assault, drove him to a point where he yearned to dismember the red-clad warrior and feed him to the hounds.

“What?”

Observing this spectacle, Watanabe Tianming couldn’t help but alter his expression.

He hadn’t anticipated Dustin’s might, deeming the red-clad warrior on par with the innate masters of the Dragon Kingdom.

The swiftness with which such a being could be vanquished with a solitary punch was truly terrifying.

“Ba Ga, forward!”

With their comrades felled before them, the warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom unsheathed their blades in unison.

Among them, the four scarlet-clad warriors were all innate masters.

Combined with over twenty individuals boasting peak internal strength, their charge was nothing short of formidable.

“Slay him!”

Watanabe Tenming bellowed, issuing the decree of death without a moment’s hesitation.

Their initial plan had been to capture him alive, but it seemed increasingly improbable.

Confronting a genuine master, one must commit fully, else risk certain failure.

“Slay!”

Swords raised, the warriors surged forth.

Dustin stamped his foot, and the sword beside the fallen warrior sprang up, landing firmly in his grasp.

“You shall all meet your end!”

Dustin’s resolve was unyielding. With a single-handed grip on the blade, he swept forth.

“Whoosh!”

A gleaming blade shot forth like a colossal scythe, cleaving through their ranks.

The black-clad warriors at the forefront were impaled by the blade’s light before they could react.

The four scarlet-clad warriors reacted swiftly, raising their swords in defense.

“Clang, Clang, Clang, Clang!”

A cacophony of metal striking metal rang out as the swords of the four crimson-clad warriors were cleaved in twain. Dustin’s blade continued its luminous arc, effortlessly piercing through their forms.

With a final resounding “bang,” a wall crumbled.

The impaled warriors stood frozen, as if transformed into stone, incapable of movement.

The ensuing moment, a torrent of blood gushed forth. The warriors were severed, their upper and lower halves now separate entities.

Finally, they crumpled to the ground, life extinguished, and bodies dismembered.

“A single stroke?!”

Watanabe Tianming stood paralyzed, aghast, his countenance a canvas of terror.

With but one strike, he had dispatched more than twenty formidable warriors.

Chapter 1109

Is this bloke a monster? ! !

“It’s your turn!”

Dustin suddenly lifted his head, his sharp eyes piercing the trembling Watanabe Tianming.

“Mr. Dustin, if you have something to say, there’s no need for us to go at each other with swords. I’ll give your lady back to you. I’ll be off now and won’t cross your path in the future!”

Watanabe Tianming panicked, trying to speak reason.

He’d plotted and readied over twenty sturdy warriors, yet they couldn’t stand against the opponent’s blade.

This person is truly dreadful!

“Since you’ve gone and kidnapped folks, your fate was sealed. It’s too late for this talk now.”

Garrett bore no expression and slowly raised his knife.

“Stop!”

Right then, a furious shout echoed at the door.

Shortly after, Garrett led a troop of armed soldiers, charging in fiercely.

Vivian, Chase Johnson, and others were among them.

“You’ve timed your arrival perfectly. These folks from the Golden Crow Kingdom had designs on Xue’er. You should apprehend those who need arresting and lay to rest those who need burying.” Dustin pointed at the lifeless body on the floor.

“Silence! You’ve got no place to speak here!”

Garrett glared, then turned his gaze to Watanabe Tianming, his face registering surprise. “Brother Tianming, why is it you?”

“Brother Gao Chao?”

Tianming Watanabe was momentarily taken aback, a touch of astonishment in his eyes.

He and Garrett had met while studying abroad. They weren’t bosom buddies, but they were rather close.

“Brother Tianming, what brings you here?” Garrett asked, a bit taken aback.

“I…” Tianming Watanabe faltered for words.

He couldn’t very well spill the beans about kidnapping Murong Xue and then using her as leverage against Dustin, could he?

“He won’t talk, so I’ll do it for him.”

Dustin stated matter-of-factly. “This Watanabe Tenming kidnapped Xue’er with ill intent. He’s got wicked designs. He’ll be taken into custody and thoroughly questioned to see if he’s got any partners in crime.”

“Hmm?”

Hearing this, Garrett couldn’t help but furrow his brow.

“Brother Gao Chao, this is all a misunderstanding. Don’t pay any mind to his prattle!” Watanabe Tianming started to protest.

He mustn’t confess at this juncture, or his only shot at survival would be kaput.

“Brother Tianming, I’ll look into whether this holds water. I give you my word that I won’t accuse an innocent person or let a guilty one off the hook.”

As Garrett spoke, he turned his gaze back to Dustin. “You say Watanabe Tenming kidnapped Xue’er. Do you have any proof?”

“Proof?”

Dustin arched an eyebrow. “Do you need proof for what’s plain as day?”

“I’ve just walked in and don’t know a thing. I’m asking you now, so you’d best give a straight answer.” Garrett’s countenance was stern.

“You want proof, do you?”

Dustin gestured towards the body on the ground. “These masked assassins are all warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom, and Tianming Watanabe is also a member of the Golden Crow Kingdom. It’s clear as day they’re in cahoots. Is that proof enough?”

Hearing this, Watanabe Tenming’s eyelids twitched, a touch of nervousness creeping in for no apparent reason.

“Not sufficient.”

Garrett glanced at it and shook his head slightly.

“Not good enough!”

Dustin seized Watanabe Tenming, pulled out his mobile from his pocket, unlocked it, and pored over it carefully. He quickly brought up the video of Murong Xue’s abduction and said icily, “Wide-eyed and take a look. This is Watanabe Tenming’s threatening video. It’s crystal clear who the wrongdoer is and who’s in the right, isn’t it obvious enough?!”

Seeing this, Watanabe Tianming instantly turned pale.

With the evidence so concrete now, there was no room for equivocation.

It’s all over, truly over now.

“Let me have a look…”

Garrett took the phone and began to examine it closely.

Before long, he furrowed his brow and looked grave.

After a moment, Garrett seemed to have pieced something together. He took a deep breath and said calmly, “What kidnapping video? It’s a forgery from the get-go. I’m warning you, don’t prattle on and sully Brother Tianming’s name, or I’ll have to take action!” With that, he exerted pressure and destroyed the phone.

This was clearly tampering with evidence!

Chapter 1110

“Excuse me?”

Staring at the mangled mobile phone, Dustin furrowed his brows, his expression instantly darkening.

He hadn’t anticipated that Garrett would stoop to such a level, openly obliterating evidence and shielding Watanabe Tenming right before the public eye.

Is this how they intend to treat him, as though he were invisible?

Even Watanabe Tianming appeared bewildered at this turn of events. With the evidence presented, he had believed his fate was sealed just moments ago. Yet, Garrett’s unexpected appearance had thrown him for a loop.

“Tianming, don’t fret. As long as I’m here, no harm shall befall you today,” Garrett assured, his tone resolute.

He may not have cared much about Murong Xue’s abduction, but if he could seize this moment to forge an alliance with Watanabe Tenming, it would undoubtedly be the shrewdest move. After all, the Watanabe family held a prominent position within the Golden Crow Kingdom’s top echelons.

“With Garrett by my side, I place my trust in his judgment,” Watanabe Tenming promptly affirmed. Given Garrett’s proactive display of goodwill, he saw fit to go along with the flow and reciprocate the sentiment.

“Dustin, are you really considering collaborating with Watanabe Tenming?” Vivian inquired, his countenance icy.

He had apprehended the key figure and even produced the evidence. Yet, Garrett, who had rushed to his aid, not only refrained from administering severe punishment to the perpetrator but also muddled the truth, deliberately shielding him and destroying the evidence. This vile, shameless, and obsequious conduct was an affront to both mortals and deities alike.

“Dustin, you have no evidence, and yet you dare to falsely accuse Tianming? How audacious!” Garrett shot back. “Furthermore, I have grounds to suspect that the recent video was a fabrication on your part, and that you are the actual culprit behind Xueer’s abduction!”

“Are you blind? Can’t you see the bodies of so many Golden Crow warriors?” Dustin couldn’t help but exclaim.

This wretch sought only to shield a criminal, yet he had the audacity to berate him.

“Hmph! Brother Tianming came here with the warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom to rescue Xue’er and foster goodwill between our nations. It would be in your best interest to cooperate. Once your true identity was exposed, you flew into a rage and slew the Golden Crow warriors. Now, you stand as the culprit of both realms. A sinner!” Garrett proclaimed resolutely.

With a few choice words, he affixed a colossal accusation upon Dustin’s head.

“Haha… What a man, turning a deer into a horse and distorting the truth.”

Dustin was incensed to the point of laughter. “Garrett, as a direct descendant of the General’s Mansion, you ought to possess more backbone and a fiercer sense of loyalty than the average person. Yet, you fall short. You prefer grovelling before the Golden Crow Kingdom rather than upholding righteousness. You, this sort of disgrace, have truly besmirched the honour of the General’s Mansion!”

“How dare you!”

“Outrageous!”

These words elicited a chorus of furious rebukes.

Eyes wide with indignation, everyone voiced their condemnation.

“Dustin! I always knew you were no good, but I never imagined you would stoop to kidnapping Xue’er. You’re lower than a swine or a cur!” Vivian admonished sternly.

“Indeed! If Mr. Watanabe hadn’t intervened in time, Xue’er would have suffered at your hands, you wretch!” Chase Johnson seethed.

“Vile scoundrel! Your intentions are nefarious. We gravely misjudged you!”

“Such vermin should be apprehended, interrogated, and meted out severe punishment!”

A gathering of young men and women chimed in, swiftly condemning Dustin as the wrongdoer.

“Dustin! Your malevolence knows no bounds, and you’ve transgressed. I hereby order your immediate arrest and demand that you kneel before brother Tianming in apology. Failure to comply will bear severe consequences!” Garrett declared, his tone frigid.

A powerless man, yet he acted with such impunity?

“Garrett, I truly underestimated the depths of your depravity.”

Dustin’s cold gaze swept over them one by one before settling once more. “Judging by your proficiency, it’s clear this isn’t your first foray into such treachery. Unfortunately for you, today you’ve crossed swords with the wrong individual. Do you believe you can incriminate me with mere words? Or that you can halt me in my tracks?”

“What? You still dare to resist?”

Chapter 1111

Garrett sneered: “Open your eyes and look around. They are all my people. As long as you dare to mess around, I guarantee that you will be shot into a hornet’s nest immediately!”

“Mr. Dustin, bullets don’t have eyes, you’d better admit defeat obediently.” Tianming Watanabe smiled triumphantly.

The people of the Dragon Kingdom still have the old habit of fighting among themselves.

Of course, this is what he wants to see.

“The one with the surname Dustin! If you don’t want to die, you should surrender quickly, or you won’t have time to regret it!” Vivian and her party were arrogant.

“Garrett, you are playing with fire.”

Dustin warned with a cold face: “For the sake of the old general, I don’t want to hurt anyone. If you leave now, I can pretend that nothing has happened. If you insist on protecting the Jinwu people, then don’t blame me.” You’re welcome!”

“You’re welcome? Hehehe…”

Garrett smiled and looked like an idiot: “Dustin, who do you think you are? Do you dare to threaten me here? Do you believe it or not, just one word from me can make you disappear from the world!”

After speaking, he lightly snapped his fingers.

In the next second, all the armed soldiers behind him raised their guns and aimed at Chase Dustin.

“Now, I order you to kneel down!”

Garrett held his head high, stretched out his hand and pointed down, as if I’m sure of you.

“Say it again?”

Dustin said expressionlessly.

“Are you deaf? I want you to kneel down…”

Before Garrett finished his sentence, Dustin made a sudden move, grabbed his face, and lifted him up directly.

Garrett’s face seemed to be covered by a big spider, and all the words that came to his mouth were blocked.

Because of excessive force, his entire face was distorted by Chase Dustin.

“Be bold!”

“Let go!”

Everyone was shocked at first, and then became furious.

However, Garrett was held hostage, no one dared to act recklessly.

“I’m killing you like I’m picking something out of a bag, why do you make me kneel?”

Dustin held Garrett with one hand, his eyes terrifyingly cold.

Sometimes, the enemy is not hateful, because the two sides have different positions. What is really hateful are those second devils who worship foreigners and fawn on foreigners.

“Dustin! You are committing a crime and provoking the general’s government!”

Garrett looked painful and threatened: “I warn you to let me go quickly, otherwise you will die forever!”

“As a descendant of the General’s Mansion, you are a groveling coward. You really embarrass the General’s Mansion. Since your father doesn’t know how to teach you, then I will personally educate you!”

While Dustin was speaking, he punched Garrett violently in the abdomen.

The latter let out a scream, and his whole body became like a shrimp, and he vomited out the dinner he had just eaten.

As a result, as soon as he reached his mouth, he was pressed back abruptly by Dustin’s palm.

For a while, he couldn’t get up and down, coughed again and again, his face turned red, and he felt very uncomfortable.

“I…I’m going to kill you, I’m going to kill you!”

Garrett gritted his teeth with hatred, his face was full of ferociousness, he never saw the calmness and composure he had before.

“Yeah?”

Dustin sneered, grabbed Garrett’s face with one hand, and punched wildly with the other, as if beating a drum.

Punch after punch hit his abdomen hard.

Garrett was beaten until he screamed again and again, his whole body convulsed, and he even urinated.

Completely lost my temper.

Chapter 1112

“Stop!”

Just as Dustin was giving Garrett a thrashing, a scream suddenly echoed from behind him.

Dustin turned around and discovered that Murong Xue had roused herself at some point.

Her small face held a mixture of shock and disbelief.

She hadn’t anticipated witnessing such a scene right after waking up.

She couldn’t fathom why Dustin would want to lay hands on her cousin.

“Brother Dustin, what are you doing?”

Murong Xue wrinkled her brow, a bit bewildered.

“Garrett has lost his way and is championing the wrong cause. I’m merely imparting a lesson on behalf of the old general to steer him from the path of harm to himself and others,” Dustin explained plainly.

“Nonsense!”

Vivian immediately interjected: “Xue’er! It was Dustin who abducted you. We came to rescue you, but he took your cousin and subjected him to this beating. Look at your cousin, the state he’s in.”

“That’s right! This man harbours ill intentions. Once we uncovered his true identity, he flew into a rage and caused harm. It’s a grave offence!” affirmed Chase Johnson.

“Brother Dustin, are they telling the truth?” Murong Xue looked astounded.

“Xue’er, do I appear to be that kind of person?” Dustin countered.

“Not at all.” Murong Xue shook her head and inquired, “But why did you want to harm Brother Garrett?”

“Watanabe Tenming from the Golden Crow Kingdom kidnapped you and used you as leverage against me. After I dispatched the warriors from the Golden Crow Kingdom, Garrett arrived with his men.

This man, in his eagerness to curry favour with the Golden Crow Kingdom, not only shielded Watanabe Tenaki intentionally but also turned against me, heaping all the blame on my shoulders and even threatening to have me arrested.

Shouldn’t this subservient fellow be taught a lesson?”

Dustin recounted the entire ordeal in one breath, concluding with a question.

“This…” Murong Xue was momentarily speechless.

If what Dustin said was true, then her cousin had indeed gone too far.

“Xue’er! Don’t let yourself be deceived by him, he’s spinning lies!” Garrett endured the pain and shouted, “He kidnapped you, and we exposed his scandal, so he retaliated against me. This man is a hypocrite!”

Upon hearing these words, Murong Xue wavered once again.

Her cousin had always been upright with an impeccable character. Logically, it seemed implausible for him to commit an act that would tarnish his reputation.

So what really transpired?

“Xue’er, regardless of the truth, you can see it for yourself from the bodies on the ground.”

Dustin spoke calmly, “These were warriors of the Golden Crow Kingdom, the same ones who kidnapped you. I believe you might recognize a few of them. You can decide for yourself whether they’re genuine or not.”

Hearing this, Murong Xue examined them more closely and recognized several familiar corpses.

Even though the black-clad men had their faces concealed when they abducted her, she still caught sight of the tattoos on a few of them, which matched those of the warriors before her.

Without a doubt, these Golden Crow Kingdom warriors were indeed the abductors.

“Brother Garrett, it appears these warriors from the Golden Crow Kingdom are genuinely the kidnappers. What’s going on?” Murong Xue frowned, directing her gaze at Garrett.

“Xue’er! You’re being misled!”

Garrett seemed exasperated and stated, “Can’t you see it yet? These warriors from the Golden Crow Kingdom are all Dustin’s men. He orchestrated and staged this entire performance!

He intentionally arranged for someone to abduct you and then swooped in as the saviour just to win your favour!

I’ve long seen through his flippant nature, so don’t buy into his lies!”

Upon hearing this, Dustin couldn’t help but sneer, “Garrett, you really have no shame, do you? It’s like calling black white. If you’re going to accuse me of masterminding this, what does Watanabe Tenmei behind you signify?”

He’d initially thought the other party was cunning and sly, but he hadn’t anticipated this level of shamelessness.

Spreading falsehoods with wide-open eyes.

“Hmph! Brother Tianming is the lone survivor and the sole witness!”

Garrett asserted confidently, “You paid Brother Tianming to abduct, and then silenced him with a murder. You’re a contemptible individual!”

As he spoke, he exchanged a meaningful look with Watanabe Tenaki.

Chapter 1113

The latter was slightly startled, but while admiring him, he quickly responded.

“Miss Xue’er, I’m sorry for the offense I caused before, but Dustin paid us to do the kidnapping. If I had known Miss Xue’er’s identity earlier, I would never dare to offend her.”

Watanabe Tenaki bowed deeply and looked like he was sincerely apologizing.

“Xue’er, have you heard everything? Now there is irrefutable proof that Dustin is the biggest villain!” Garrett took advantage of the opportunity to hit him.

“That’s right! I can testify that Dustin is behind all of this!” Vivian spoke out in support.

“I can also testify! This guy is cunning and cunning. He will do whatever it takes to get the upper hand!” Chase Johnson echoed.

“We can all testify! It’s Dustin who kills people and silences them, and the thieves shout to catch the thieves!”

At this moment, everyone started to criticize.

There are dozens of mouths in front and back, which can be described as a huge momentum.

Under the influence of public opinion, everything that is black can be said to be white.

Sheila Murray was stunned and completely confused.

She didn’t have any opinions to begin with, and now she didn’t know who to trust.

“Xueer, everything I said is true and there is absolutely no lie.” Dustin looked serious.

“Xue’er! I am your cousin and your closest blood relative. Would I lie to you?” Garrett said seriously.

“Xue’er, if you think about it carefully, why should I kidnap you?”

“Xue’er! You’ve known me for so many years, don’t you still know who I am? When did I lie to you?”

“Xue’er, think calmly and don’t be deceived.”

“Xue’er! Do you want to trust an outsider and not trust me as your brother?!”

“…”

Dustin and Garrett started arguing on the spot.

Don’t give in to anyone.

“Stop talking, stop talking! Please stop talking!”

Sheila Murray covered her ears and squatted on the ground, her face full of confusion and pain.

She can no longer tell the truth from the lies, and doesn’t know who to believe.

One is her cousin who she grew up playing with, and the other is Dustin who has helped her many times.

She really doesn’t know what to choose?

“Xue’er…”

Just when Dustin was about to express his condolences, Garrett, who had regained his mobility, suddenly pulled out a knife from behind and stabbed him hard.

“Go to hell!”

Garrett smiled ferociously and stabbed Dustin in the chest.

As long as you kill the guy in front of you, it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong.

With dozens of mouths open, is it possible that Sheila Murray still can’t be talked about?

“Qiang!”

After the tip of the knife pierced the clothes, it was blocked by Dustin’s body-protecting aura, making it difficult to make any progress.

“ah?”

Garrett was stunned for a moment, his face full of astonishment.

His sword cuts iron like clay, how could it not pierce human flesh?

“you wanna die!”

Dustin’s eyes turned cold and he punched Garrett in the abdomen.

“boom!”

There was a muffled sound.

Garrett flew more than ten meters away on the spot, and then hit the wall hard, creating a crater.

The whole person’s mouth and nose were bleeding, and his life was hanging by a thread.

Chapter 1114

“Boom!”

The sudden movement startled everyone.

Xun Sheng looked around and saw that Garrett had been beaten so hard that he was hanging on the wall. His upper body was sunk deep into the wall, leaving only his hands and feet exposed.

Between the mouth and nose, blood spurted out.

It looked terrible.

“Brother Gao Chao!”

“Master!”

After being stunned for a moment, everyone’s expressions changed drastically.

He quickly ran forward, pulled Garrett out of the wall, and gave him various medicines to heal his injuries and provide first aid.

“Lu! How dare you hurt the eldest son of the Murong family? You are so bold!” Vivian was shocked and angry.

“Dustin! If Brother Gao Chao has any shortcomings, your ten lives will not be enough to kill him!” Chase Johnson said sternly.

“Are you blind? It was Garrett who made a sneak attack just now. I was just counterattacking in self-defense.” Dustin said coldly.

“I didn’t see anything, but I saw you attacking someone. I warn you to catch them immediately and wait for your punishment, otherwise you will die without a place to bury you!” Vivian’s expression was a bit ferocious.

“That’s right! I’ll capture you immediately!” Chase Johnson echoed.

“idiot.”

Dustin snorted coldly and didn’t bother to pay attention.

Garrett made a sneak attack first. If he hadn’t reacted quickly, he would have activated the body-protecting Aura in advance.

If this knife goes down, I’m afraid I’ll be stabbed to the core.

Although a martial arts master is invulnerable, the prerequisite is that he must be protected by Gang Qi.

The physical body alone cannot stop the divine weapons.

“Xue’er! Did you see it just now? This guy doesn’t talk about martial arts, and he sneakily attacked your cousin. This is to kill and silence!” Vivian turned her eyes and started to fan the flames.

“That’s right, Xue’er! Dustin has ulterior motives, with a human face and a beast’s heart. Brother Gao Chao just argued a few words with reason, and he actually killed the killer. It’s so sinister!” Chase Johnson continued to add fuel to the flames.

“Brother Dustin…”

Sheila Murray was stunned, her eyes widened, and she was a little disbelieving: “Why? Why do you want to hurt people?”

No matter what, Garrett was her cousin, and Dustin was so serious that he just wanted to take people’s lives.

It’s so cruel!

“Xue’er, it was Garrett who stabbed me first. It was a purely subconscious reaction on my part.” Dustin explained.

At this time, the knife in Garrett’s hand had been put away by Vivian without leaving a trace.

“Hit you?”

Sheila Murray glanced up and down, but found that Dustin was not injured at all, and her eyes were filled with disappointment: “Brother Dustin, are you still lying to me now?

Do you think I’m stupid and naive and therefore easily deceived?

Yes…I am stupid, but I am not blind yet!

If you don’t have evil intentions, why do you want to hurt others?

I always thought you were a good person and always believed in you, but why? Why are you lying to me? ”

While talking, Sheila Murray’s eyes turned red.

She couldn’t believe it before and had always held out hope.

However, she could clearly see the scene where Dustin was beating someone just now.

She had to doubt the other party’s motives.

Is it true that as his father said, Dustin deliberately approached her in order to climb the high branches of the general’s mansion?

Could it be that the previous chance encounters and rescues were all fake?

Do they all have other intentions?

“Xue’er, what are you talking about?”

Dustin frowned slightly and said seriously: “I have never lied to you, and I have never thought you were stupid. I really treat you as a friend.”

“friend?”

Chapter 1115

Sheila Murray chuckled at herself. “If you truly considered me a friend, why did you harm my cousin? Why did you abduct me? Why did you do all of this?!”

“I…”

Dustin was momentarily lost for words.

He had mentioned the altercation twice, but it was clear that Sheila Murray didn’t believe him.

In essence, she had already marked him as a wrongdoer.

No matter how he tried to explain now, no matter how he attempted to vindicate himself, it seemed futile.

Once doubt takes root, trust withers away completely.

This was something he had long come to realise.

“What? Cat got your tongue? Do you even understand that you’re in the wrong?”

“It appears my father was correct. Everything you did before was a sham, a means to an end. It was all about seeking advancement and prestige!”

“I thought you were different, someone special, not like those ordinary folk consumed by vanity.”

“But now, I see I was mistaken, gravely so.”

“There’s no difference between you and those who insincerely approached me. You’re just better at masking your true intentions and duping people.”

“You deceived me to the point where I couldn’t discern the truth, and you nearly turned against my family!”

“Dustin! I despise you! I despise you!”

Sheila Murray almost shouted the last sentence, her tears streaming uncontrollably.

She had given her trust sincerely, believing she would receive sincerity in return, but what she ultimately received was deceit.

She couldn’t fathom, what had she done wrong?

Faced with her accusation, Dustin hesitated for a moment, then shook his head with a bitter smile.

He knew Sheila Murray had already made her choice.

In the end, when it came down to it, she chose family over him, over everything.

There was no fault in that, so there was no use in being angry.

“Miss Sheila, I regret that I let you down.”

Dustin offered no explanation, made no attempt to clear his name, only his gaze turned gradually colder. “You’re right, I am a vain and ordinary person, but I never lied to you. Of course, that’s irrelevant now.

I have nothing more to say to you. Just take extra care in the future, be wary of those around you, or you might find yourself hurt.”

“Now, you’re safe and sound, and I owe an explanation to the old general.”

“The path ahead is yours alone to tread, and no one can walk it for you.”

“Take care, and perhaps our paths will cross again…”

With that, Dustin turned and walked away, showing no sign of hesitation.

As they passed, an aura of authority compelled everyone to step aside, no one dared to impede.

“Brother Dustin…”

Watching Dustin’s retreating figure, Sheila Murray felt a sudden panic, extending her hand as if to stop him, yet the words caught in her throat.

A vague foreboding whispered that she might have missed something crucial.

In this moment, the connection between them shattered completely.

Henceforth, they would be strangers.

“Vivian, I warned you about Dustin before. He’s not to be trusted. Now you see his true colours. Stay clear of him in the future. He’s not worth your time!” Chase Johnson added fuel to the fire.

“Absolutely, Vivian, thank you for seeing through him early on. If you kept being taken in, you’d have regretted it for sure. You witnessed it yourself. This bloke was willing to resort to public violence to silence someone. He’s a proper rotter!” Sheila Murray chimed in, her tone cutting.

“Well…”

Sheila Murray sighed softly, her expression a tapestry of emotions.

Though there was a twinge of discomfort in her heart, she ultimately held her peace.

After all, the divide between their worlds was too vast.

Even without these events, it was improbable that their paths would ever truly intersect.

People from different orbits rarely find their orbits aligning.

Chapter 1116

“Master! Master, wake up!”

A burst of exclamation interrupted Sheila Murray’s thoughts.

Turning around, he discovered that the severely injured Garrett had fallen into a coma.

“Brother Garrett!”

Sheila Murray was startled and hurriedly rushed forward to assess the situation.

Dustin’s forceful blow had caused Garrett’s abdomen to contort.

He looked as if he might retch at any moment.

“This blasted Dustin has actually done such harm to Young Master Garrett? It’s simply outrageous!” Vivian clenched her teeth.

“If that bloke hadn’t scarpered so quickly, I’d have dealt with him!” Chase Johnson lamented bitterly.

Unable to best him in combat, it didn’t stop him from expressing some harsh sentiments.

“Quick! Get him to the hospital!”

Seeing that the situation was dire, Sheila Murray promptly called for assistance to transport Garrett into the car, and then sped straight to Dongjiang Hospital.

Upon arrival at the hospital, it was an all-out effort to save Garrett.

It wasn’t until late into the night that Garrett was finally out of danger.

If Dustin hadn’t spared him and left a window, he would have been in dire straits long ago.

At this very moment, in the private ward.

Garrett lay unconscious, his visage as pallid as a sheet.

Murong Cheng and his companions stood vigil, all wearing solemn expressions.

In the past two days, it seemed like a streak of misfortune had befallen the Murong family.

First, Murong Yue was kicked by a horse, then Murong Cheng was hospitalized with internal injuries, and now Garrett was in a similar predicament.

What was most concerning was that behind these incidents, the spectre of Chase Johnson seemed to loom.

“Garrett! How’s Garrett?!”

At that very moment, Murong Shan rushed into the ward.

After a strenuous day, he had barely managed to get some rest. But before he could even turn in for the night, he received news of his son’s misfortune.

“Brother, don’t get too agitated. Garrett is out of the woods.” Murong Cheng reassured.

“Who? Who did this to my son?!” Murong Shan ground his teeth and bellowed.

He was the head of the Murong family. In the entire provincial capital, he held sway like a king.

Which bloke dared to lay a finger on his son after daring to face down danger?

“It’s Dustin.”

Murong Cheng stated without hesitation: “That lad doesn’t know his place. He offended Garrett and inflicted serious harm upon him. He simply disregards our Murong family!”

“Dustin?”

Murong Shan’s countenance instantly darkened: “This blasted scoundrel! He harmed my daughter before, and now he’s injured my son. I’ll have him minced into pieces!”

Only yesterday, my daughter had been admitted to the hospital, and today, my son was late and lying in a hospital bed.

Under this double blow, his anger was ablaze.

“Brother, please, keep your cool. This Dustin lad truly deserves retribution, but at the moment, causing a commotion all over the city won’t do.” Murong Cheng shook his head.

“What do you mean by that? My son and daughter have been beaten into the hospital, and you want me to pretend nothing happened?” Murong Shan retorted sharply.

“Brother, don’t misunderstand. I’m looking out for your best interests.”

Murong Cheng said with a grave expression: “Remember, tomorrow is the old man’s birthday. While we don’t need a grand affair, there’ll be plenty of guests coming and going. If we escalate this matter, not only will it besmirch our family’s honour, but it will also cast a shadow over the old man’s special day. Besides, explaining ourselves won’t be an easy task.”

Upon hearing this, Murong Shan immediately furrowed his brow.

As much as he yearned to see Dustin pay for his actions, it truly wasn’t the time to mobilize the masses.

The old man’s birthday celebration was the top priority for the Murong family, and countless eyes from the outside world were fixed on them.

If news of today’s incident spread, it would not only tarnish the family’s reputation, but it could also bring ill fortune to the old man.

“Second brother, after all that talk, what’s your suggestion?” Murong Shan inquired.

“If we use the might of the Murong family, it’s bound to scare the snake. In my opinion, it would be wiser to enlist the aid of the Wumeng.”

Murong Cheng suddenly lowered his voice and said, “The Martial Alliance harbours hidden talents. There’s no shortage of skilled fighters. With a little investment, we can effortlessly deal with that lad. Why not?”

“If you don’t tell me, I’d have overlooked it.”

Chapter 111

Murong Shan nodded abruptly. “Alright, I’ll entrust this matter to you. Gather a few formidable masters and deal with that lad Caden!”

Why resort to using a butcher’s blade on a chicken? Why act personally when it can be resolved with coin?

“No problem,” Sheila Murray smirked.

After all, it was Murong Shanxia’s directive. If things went awry, the old man couldn’t fault her.

The following day, in the morning.

There was already a bustling atmosphere in front of General Murong’s residence.

A continuous flow of guests came and went.

Today marked Murong Zhenguo’s birthday.

Noteworthy figures from various spheres and dignitaries all made their way to the occasion.

Though Murong Zhenguo had retired from the forefront, he was once a highly esteemed minister with influence both in governance and amongst the populace.

His disciples and mentees were scattered worldwide.

Across the whole of Jiangnan, none harbored discontent or disrespect towards him.

It’s just that Murong Zhenguo always maintained a modest profile and eschewed extravagance, hence he only extended invitations to a handful of kith and kin whenever he celebrated his birthday.

Naturally, there were some uninvited guests.

At this juncture, at the gates of the General’s Residence.

A black car gradually came to a halt.

The car door swung open, and Dustin descended with Cornelius, a gift in hand.

“Master Dustin, you gave Garrett quite the beating last night, and today you’re here to commemorate his birthday. Are you not afraid the Murong family might turn against you?” Cornelius couldn’t help but inquire.

The General’s Residence was heavily fortified, akin to a fortress. Once inside, exiting would not be a simple task.

“The old general is a reasonable man. I trust he should discern right from wrong,” Dustin stated composedly.

Tit for tat, his altercation with Garrett didn’t impede Murong Zhenguo from celebrating his birthday.

“That’s the best scenario,” Cornelius remarked with solemnity.

He hoped that Murong Zhenguo would be level-headed, but he feared the other party might be blinded by affection for his grandson and act unreasonably.

In that case, they’d be walking into a snare.

“Let’s go.”

Dustin didn’t waste words. After presenting the invitation, he and Cornelius entered the General’s Residence.

The number of guests allowed inside the General’s Residence was limited, but each one was a prominent figure.

Either a high-ranking official of the royal court, a wealthy magnate, or a regional powerhouse.

Today’s ostensibly ordinary banquet was, in fact, top-tier in Jiangnan.

“Hmm?”

As Dustin stepped into the banquet hall, he encountered a few familiar faces.

There stood Sheila Murray, Vivian, Chase Johnson, and others.

Initially engrossed in jovial conversation, their expressions froze upon seeing Dustin at the entrance.

“You…why are you here?” Sheila Murray was momentarily taken aback.

Since parting ways with Chase Dustin the previous night, she had been feeling a sense of emptiness, nearly sleepless throughout the night. Now, suddenly encountering him, she felt a bit overwhelmed.

“Your name’s Dustin! You have quite the audacity! How dare you grace the general’s residence with your presence? I reckon you’re weary of living!” Vivian exclaimed, leaping to her feet and delivering a sharp rebuke.

“There’s a path to heaven if you don’t enter, but once you trespass, there’s no way out of hell. No one can save you today!” Chase Johnson sneered.

Where were they? The renowned General’s Residence!

Guarded by towering walls and an occupying army, it was famed for being as impenetrable as a fortress, as secure as a treasury.

It was also the most heavily fortified location in the entire southern province.

This Dustin character dared to intrude; it was akin to a moth darting into the flame, sealing his own fate!

Chapter 1118

“I’ve come to offer my congratulations to the old general on his birthday. I’ve no intention of causing any trouble, so please allow me to pass.”

Confronted with the shouts and threats, Dustin maintained a stoic expression.

“Heshou? Hmph! Do you even deserve it?” Vivian scoffed mercilessly. “Who do you think you are? By what right do you think you’re qualified to wish the old general a happy birthday? If it weren’t for Xue’er’s sake, do you believe you’d even make it through the doors of the general’s mansion? Stop daydreaming!”

In her view, Sheila had managed to slip in because of Sheila Murray’s introduction the previous day.

“Exactly! Open your eyes and look around. Are there any attendees here celebrating birthdays who aren’t dignitaries? What makes you, a mere insurance salesman, think you can stand with us?” Chase Johnson looked down his nose.

Even though Dustin knew a thing or two about boxing and kicking, he was still just a brash man.

There was no great skill to him.

Sheila didn’t say a word, merely gazing quietly at Sheila Murray, her expression a touch uncertain.

The events of the previous night had created a rift in their relationship.

Whenever she thought of Murong Gaochao lying in that hospital bed, resentment towards Dustin surged within her.

“I’d advise you not to underestimate others,” Dustin retorted impassively. “I’ve gained entry because I possess an invitation. As for my status and qualifications, that’s none of your concern.”

“Invitation? Hmph… Who’s to say you didn’t steal it or snatch it? What can’t a social outcast like you do?” Vivian’s face was etched with disdain.

“Sheila Murray, spare us your airs. We all know who you are. If you think you can curry favour with the old general, you’re sorely mistaken!” Chase Johnson declared haughtily.

“Would the both of you kindly stop your prattling?” Dustin’s patience was wearing thin. “Do I know either of you? What I choose to do is none of your business. If you dare to speak rudely again, don’t blame me for failing to see straight when my fists find their mark!”

As he spoke, his icy, penetrating gaze bore down on the two of them.

In the past, he had turned a blind eye to these two buffoons for Sheila Murray’s sake.

Now that they were no longer together, he felt no obligation to maintain any decorum.

“You… you’re being insolent!” Dustin’s sudden outburst left Vivian momentarily stunned.

No matter how much she’d taunted Dustin in the past, he’d always remained silent, as if her words hadn’t reached him.

She’d initially assumed he lacked the nerve to speak up, but the words he’d just uttered, coupled with the intensity in his eyes, suddenly made her realise he wasn’t as feeble as she’d thought.

Murong Gaochao was the prime example.

If Sheila Murray were to go berserk and give her a thrashing, there’d be little she could do.

“Sheila! I’m warning you not to get too cocky! This is the General’s Mansion. Do you dare to make a move?” Chase Johnson barked sternly.

“That’s right! I don’t believe for a moment you’d dare to cause a scene here!” Vivian quickly regained her confidence.

The General’s Mansion was heavily guarded, and even a man as audacious as Dustin wouldn’t dare to make a scene openly.

With this thought, her assurance returned.

“And why do you reckon your life is worth more than Murong Gaochao’s?”

With a stern countenance, Dustin began to approach slowly.

The murderous intent caused several faces to blanch, and they hastily took a few steps back.

“Halt!”

Sheila Murray suddenly stepped forward, her tone sharp. “Dustin! You’ve harmed my cousin; do you intend to harm my friend too? I’ll never allow you to do so!”

Chapter 1119

She didn’t anticipate Dustin to be so unreasonable, willing to harm others if he disagreed with her.

Previously, she had regarded the other person as decent, but now she sees that she had been mistaken about them.

Treating a malevolent person as if they were virtuous.

For a moment, she found herself even more repelled by Dustin.

“Miss Murong, it’s just a bit of banter. No need to be so on edge. As long as they don’t provoke me first, I won’t take any action against them,” Dustin said calmly.

“Hmph! Were you joking just now? If it weren’t for Xue’er stopping you, you might have gone too far!” Vivian was slightly indignant.

“Dustin! Don’t think that just because you have some skills, you can act high-handed here. The General’s Mansion is not a place for you to run riot!” Chase Johnson stated with a stern expression.

“I won’t offend others unless they provoke me; if they provoke me, I’ll respond. That’s the counsel I offer you, and I’m giving it to you freely now.” Dustin’s face remained impassive.

“Xue’er! This bloke is utterly mad. In my opinion, just kick him out, or else the trouble will never end!” Vivian began to incite once more.

“You’re right! A single bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. Today is the old general’s birthday. There are many distinguished guests present, and everyone is watching. If this guy stirs up trouble, it’ll bring shame upon the entire Murong family!” Chase Johnson concurred.

“Xue’er, the bigger picture is what matters. Throwing this guy out is the best course of action.” Others chimed in.

“Dustin! Your presence is unwelcome here, kindly leave!”

Murong Xue clenched her teeth and finally issued the eviction order.

My friends are correct; if the other party causes harm here, the entire birthday celebration will be ruined.

“Begging me to leave?”

Dustin was taken aback for a moment, then gave a self-deprecating smile: “Miss Murong, they are guests, and I am too. If they merely utter a few words, you want to kick me out. Is that fitting?”

Once, he regarded Murong Xue as his younger sister. Even if he was misunderstood, he harbored no ill will.

In his view, even if the two parties couldn’t be bosom pals, they should at least treat each other with courtesy, right?

However, now he realized his error.

Once people form biases, they tend to hold on to them and eventually become adversaries.

Murong Xue’s current behavior starkly illustrated this.

He had come to her aid numerous times, yet all he received in return was: Kindly depart.

“I didn’t extend an invitation to you, and you are not a guest of our Murong family. I have the right to show you the way out!” Murong Xue stated with a stubborn look.

“Miss Murong, you didn’t invite me, but your grandfather did. If you want me to leave, you should consult your grandfather about it first, shouldn’t you?” Dustin responded calmly.

“You—” Murong Xue was a little vexed.

She hadn’t anticipated the other party to be so thick-skinned, refusing to budge even after being told to vacate.

He even brought his grandfather into it to exert pressure.

“Xue’er, don’t listen to this rascal’s nonsense. How could he possibly know the old general? Clearly, he’s just playing the rogue!” Vivian continued to add fuel to the fire.

“Xue’er, don’t waste words on him; just have someone show him the door!” Chase Johnson advised, bluntly.

“Dustin! If you don’t leave, don’t blame me for summoning assistance!”

Murong Xue took a deep breath, her gaze turning steely.

“Murong Xue! You’re pushing it!”

At this juncture, Cornelius finally couldn’t contain his anger and spoke up indignantly: “My Mr. Dustin has come to your aid time and time again. If you’re not grateful, fine, but now you want to repay kindness with enmity. Are all members of the Murong family so unjust?”

Chapter 1120

“Sheila Murray! They’ve got their morals all tangled up!”

Seeing the situation take a turn for the worse, Vivian began to stir the pot again: “Rescuing you from fire and water, repaying kindness with enmity – it’s all a load of rubbish!

Right from the start, when Dustin approached you, he had sinister motives. He hatched various schemes and calculations just to win your favour.

Everything he does and all his acts of kindness are nothing but a facade. You mustn’t let yourself be fooled!”

“You’re spot on! This bloke’s got hidden agendas written all over him. You’ve got to keep your wits about you at all times!” Chase Johnson remarked, squinting his eyes.

After hearing the words of a few others, the guilt Sheila Murray had just felt vanished in an instant.

Indeed, Dustin’s efforts to save her and lend a helping hand were all calculated moves, far from being acts of kindness.

If she hadn’t unveiled his true identity last night, she would have remained in the dark until now.

After all, it was Dustin who had deceived her. There was no need for her to feel guilty, grateful, or soft-hearted.

With this in mind, Sheila Murray took a deep breath, locked eyes with Dustin once more, and grew resolute: “Dustin! I don’t want to see you again. Please leave!”

“You…”

Cornelius was on the verge of a fit, but Dustin raised a hand to stop him, his eyes filled with deep disappointment and indifference: “Miss Sheila, it seems you truly despise me. In that case, I won’t be a nuisance here. I’ll take my leave.”

With that, he turned and exited the room.

Sheila Murray was steadfast in kicking him out, so there was no point in him lingering here shamelessly.

As for extending birthday wishes to the old general, that was the least of his concerns. There was no need to force it.

“Hmph! You should’ve left sooner! What a stroke of bad luck!” Vivian remarked, a look of disdain on her face.

“Go and inform the head of the Murray family at once. Have Dustin apprehended as soon as he steps out!” Chase Johnson ordered, even more unyielding, immediately instructing those around him to file a complaint.

Though he couldn’t disrupt the banquet, that didn’t mean he had to let Dustin off the hook.

If you lay a hand on the eldest son of the Murray family, you would naturally have to pay the price.

“The old general has arrived!”

Just as Dustin made his way out of the banquet hall, a cry suddenly rang out.

Soon after, beneath the starry sky and moonlight, a tall, silver-haired figure strode forward.

Sheila Murray commanded respect with her towering presence.

No need for words or gestures – simply standing there exuded an intangible majesty.

Instilling a sense of awe.

“I’ve had the honour of meeting the old general!”

Sheila Murray’s arrival prompted a swarm of guests to pour out of the hall to greet her, displaying ample respect.

Be they high-ranking officials or influential figures, in the presence of a commanding woman like Sheila Murray, all had to bow their heads and behave.

Vivian and the others, who had made quite the commotion earlier, were now as quiet as mice, scarcely daring to draw a breath.

Only Sheila Murray advanced with a cheerful stride, taking the old woman’s arm.

To others, the general who appeared stately and imperious was nothing more than a kind, elderly lady in her eyes.

“No need for formalities, just head inside and take a seat.”

Sheila Murray smiled.

Though lacking in overt majesty, it still weighed heavily on people.

Including Murray Shan, who assumed leadership of the family after her passing, as well as Murray Cheng and many other direct descendants, all bore downcast expressions, yielding and deferential.

Finally, at Sheila Murray’s invitation, everyone took their places in the hall one by one.

As Dustin was about to depart, he found himself caught in Sheila Murray’s gaze, and she promptly inquired: “Young man, where are you off to?”

With those words, all eyes turned towards Dustin.

“Dustin!”

Murray Shan took a closer look, her expression darkening in an instant.

Chapter 1121

“Is this lad seeking trouble?”

Caden narrowed his eyes, wearing a rather unkind expression.

“Intriguing… quite intriguing.”

In the midst of the crowd, Watanabe Tianming wore a mischievous expression.

Considering what occurred last night, typically, Dustin should be making a run for it and keeping a low profile.

However, no one anticipated that this lad would boldly approach.

How audacious!

“Haha… This bloke’s done for. He’s caught the attention of the old general. Even if he fancies escaping, today’s his reckoning!” Chase Johnson chortled ferociously.

“Serves him right! If he’d just clear off, everything would be fine. If he insists on being a nuisance here, he’s practically asking for trouble!” Vivian curled her lip, appearing somewhat smug about his predicament.

In their view, the old general must have got wind of his grandson’s thrashing and now wanted to exact public revenge.

“Old General, I’ve conveyed my thoughts to you. I have other matters to attend to, so I’ll take my leave.”

Caden crossed his fists and resolutely opted to depart.

“Halt!”

Witnessing this, Chase Johnson suddenly leapt forward, blocking his path, and bellowed: “Sonny! You can’t just stroll in and out as you please. Do you have any idea whose abode the General’s Mansion is?!”

While speaking, he also stole a furtive glance at Murong Zhenguo.

Naturally, an opportunity like this to show off should not be squandered. If he could make an impression on the old general, he might be in for brighter prospects.

It would not only put Dustin in his place but also earn favor with the old general. It was a win-win.

Pondering this, he couldn’t help but admire his acumen and skill in gauging words and emotions.

It was truly impressive.

“Um?”

Chase Johnson’s sudden intervention left Murong Zhenguo slightly bemused.

Where did this lad come from?

What’s his game?

“You told me to leave earlier, and now you want me to stay. What’s your game?” Dustin remained impassive.

“Hmph! Spare us the waffle!”

Chase Johnson retorted, his face wearing a fierce scowl. “You’ve offended the old general and disrupted everyone’s enjoyment. Now you want to scarper? It’s just a pipe dream!”

“Quite right! You infiltrated the general’s mansion with malicious intent. Everyone’s going to see you get your comeuppance! Thankfully, the old general saw through your facade. Today, you’ve got nowhere to run!” Vivian declared virtuously.

Even as she gave Dustin a thumbs-up, she didn’t forget to snap a few photos of Murong Zhenguo’s horses.

This display of putting the high and mighty in their place was truly a masterstroke.

“Oi, you pair, what do you think you’re doing?”

Murong Zhenguo’s brow creased slightly, a touch displeased.

Where did these two nincompoops come from? Can they not tell their left from their right?

“Old general, you needn’t trouble yourself over trifles like this. Leave it to us youngsters. I guarantee we’ll handle it!” Chase Johnson remained oblivious to the gravity of the situation, eager to claim the glory for himself.

“Yes, old general, today’s your birthday. It wouldn’t be fitting for you to get all worked up. We’ll sort this out for you.”

Vivian wasn’t about to be outdone, anxious that all the credit would slip through her fingers.

To both curry favour with the old general and bask in the limelight? Why not?

“Come here! Apprehend this malefactor and subject him to a thorough interrogation!”

Chase Johnson was in high spirits, waving decisively to the Murong family’s guards as if he were in charge.

“Outrageous!”

Murong Zhenguo stood up immediately, advancing angrily and delivering a sharp rebuke to Chase Johnson and Vivian.

He thundered, “Have you lost your minds? This is an esteemed guest of the Murong family. By what right do you show such disrespect to my esteemed guest?!”

Chapter 1122

“Ah?”

Chase Johnson and Vivian were taken aback by the sudden slap.

Both of them covered their faces, a little bewildered.

Isn’t it Dustin who’s causing trouble? Why does he keep hitting us?

At this moment, everyone in the Murong family, and even all the guests, looked astonished.

No one expected that the old general, who had always been stern, would openly strike someone, and on the day of his birthday party.

“Old…Old General, have you mistaken the person? This chap is a wrongdoer and ought to be apprehended and detained before he wreaks havoc on the world,” Chase Johnson also attempted to explain.

“Yes, old general, this fellow harmed Mr. Murong last night. He committed a heinous crime and must face severe consequences!” Vivian concurred.

She believed Murong Zhenguo didn’t know the truth, so she intervened.

“Silence!”

Murong Zhenguo glared, and a potent force emanated: “Dustin saved my granddaughter’s life. He is the benefactor of the Murong family and also my esteemed guest. If you dare to speak out of turn again, don’t blame me for expelling you!”

As soon as these words were uttered, Chase Johnson and Vivian were instantly as quiet as mice and visibly flustered.

If they were truly cast out of the General’s Mansion, it wouldn’t only be their plight, but their family would also suffer repercussions, or even face ostracization.

After all, no one would willingly risk offending the old general by continuing to associate with their family.

“Sheila…”

Sheila Murray couldn’t bear it any longer. When she stood up to say something, she was cut off by Murong Shan: “Dad, today is a day for you to celebrate your birthday. Don’t get angered easily. Let’s pacify the anger first.”

The reason I restrained my daughter is that at this moment, right or wrong is inconsequential.

The old man has spoken, so regardless of the rationale, the Murong family must wholeheartedly support it without any defiance.

Especially in front of so many guests, the old man’s authority cannot be contested.

“Hmph!”

Murong Zhenguo shot a cold glance at the two of them, then turned to Dustin and asserted dominantly: “Young man, let’s go and take a seat. Who dares to voice any objection today?”

With that, he grasped Dustin’s hand and seated him directly at the VIP table.

Here, there are either the core members of the Murong family or family acquaintances.

A young man like Dustin, dressed modestly, appeared somewhat out of place sitting there.

But after the old general spoke, no one dared to say anything further. Instead, they had to greet him with a pleasant demeanor and a smile.

Even though Dustin wasn’t a big shot, the old general held such sway that even if a trifle were set on the table, they would still have to partake.

“This fellow is so detestable. He’s exploiting Sheila’s name to hold sway here and dupe the old general’s compassion. It’s utterly contemptible!”

Watching Dustin seated at the VIP table, Vivian ground her teeth and felt a tad aggrieved.

As a scion of a reputable family, she lacked the standing to sit at the VIP table. Why can a poor underwriter sit at the same table as those influential figures?

“Huh! It’s just fleeting glory. When the old general unravels the truth, he’ll undoubtedly reprimand Dustin severely to put things right!”

Chase Johnson touched his flushed face, his gaze brimming with hostility.

In the presence of the old general, he naturally lost his composure, so all the resentment he harbored from the beating was redirected at Dustin.

“You rascal, sooner or later, I’m going to settle the score with you.”

Murong Shan muttered to himself, his countenance gloomy.

He thought Chase Johnson and the two could handle Dustin, but they hadn’t foreseen the old man’s intervention.

Even though he was exceedingly dissatisfied, he didn’t dare to show it.

After a brief interlude, the scene regained its composure.

More and more guests entered the banquet hall bearing gifts, extending their well-wishes to Murong Zhenguo on his birthday.

Chapter 1123

The atmosphere at the scene quickly became lively.

“The General Soldier from Jinzhou came to visit and wish the veteran general good fortune like the East China Sea and longevity as long as the Southern Mountains!”

“Li Chengshou from Jin City came to visit and wish the old general Longma good health and good health!”

“The chairman of Hedong Group came to visit and wished the veteran general all the best and good luck every year!”

“…”

Following the shouts of the attendants, well-dressed dignitaries arrived one after another.

Among them were commanding General Soldiers, city leaders, affluent individuals, and influential figures from various walks of life.

These guests came in admiration, presenting a variety of rare treasures as gifts.

“Thank you all for gracing us with your presence. Please, take a seat.”

As the head of the family, Murong Shan took the initiative to stand up and began to welcome the guests.

Caden responded to everyone’s well-wishes with a warm smile.

“Third Master is here!”

At this moment, there was another hearty exclamation.

All eyes turned towards the door in unison.

A middle-aged man in pristine white attire, exuding an air of heroism, entered with measured steps.

Following him were two cloaked figures, their features shrouded in mystery.

“Well, isn’t this the youngest son of the old general, Murong Hai?”

“I heard that Murong Hai had a falling out with his family and hasn’t been heard from in years. Who would have thought he’d return today?”

“It’s only right for a son to return and celebrate his father’s birthday.”

The guests couldn’t help but murmur as they observed the man in white.

Murong Zhenguo had three sons: Murong Shan, the eldest; Caden, the second; and Murong Hai, the third.

Of the three, Murong Hai was the most exceptional. He was known for his bravery and resourcefulness, even being designated as the family’s heir at one point.

However, for reasons unknown, Murong Hai relinquished his position, left home, and disappeared for five years.

Today marked his long-awaited return.

“Third brother?”

Seeing him clearly, Murong Shan couldn’t hide his joy and rushed to greet him. “Third brother, after all these years, you’ve finally returned!”

With that, he enveloped Murong Hai in a warm embrace.

“Brother, it’s been too long. How have you fared all these years?” Murong Hai smiled gently.

“Very well… exceptionally well!”

Caden patted his shoulder and grinned. “We haven’t seen each other in years, and you’ve grown even stronger. That’s truly wonderful!”

“Third brother, if you were back, why didn’t you inform us in advance?” Caden also approached with a smile.

“Second brother, I’ve just arrived. I wanted to surprise you. You’re not angry, are you?” Murong Hai quipped.

“It’s never too late for me to be delighted by your return. How could I be angry? As they say, brothers united can conquer mountains. With you back, the three of us can achieve greatness together in the future!” Caden declared, beaming.

“Alright, let’s not dwell on that for now.”

Murong Shan interjected, then led Murong Hai to their father, Murong Zhenguo, and said with a smile, “Dad, guess who’s back?”

“Dad, I’m here to celebrate your birthday.”

Murong Hai held out his gift with both hands, offering it respectfully.

Murong Zhenguo didn’t reach out to take it, but instead, he let out a chilly snort. “You left home long ago. Do you now have the audacity to return?”

Chapter 1124

The chilly words caused Murong Shan and Caden’s smiles to freeze instantly.

In their eyes, the third brother was the most favoured and significant person in the family.

Now that we’re reunited after a long separation, shouldn’t a father be happy?

Why are you still wearing such a stern expression?

It’s been five years. Is there any misunderstanding between father and son that can’t be resolved?

“Dad, it was my own ignorance and confusion. I’d like to offer my apologies to you.”

Dustin spoke and bowed deeply. “I’ve had time to reflect over the years. It was indeed my mistake. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me this time.”

“Um?”

Murong Zhenguo raised an eyebrow, looking quite surprised.

His youngest son had always been headstrong, always pushing boundaries without looking back.

He hadn’t expected that after several years apart, Dustin would actually know how to apologise.

It seemed he’d matured quite a bit.

“Dad, the past is behind us. The third brother has recognised his error; please find it in your heart to forgive him.” Murong Shan began to mediate.

“Yes, Dad, what happened back then was all a misunderstanding. Our family is in harmony, and there’s no obstacle we can’t overcome.” Caden agreed.

Seeing Dustin’s contrite demeanor, Murong Zhenguo’s expression finally softened. He waved his hand and said, “Very well, I hope you return safely. Please, take a seat.”

“Thank you, Dad.”

Dustin bowed once more.

“Third brother, come and take this seat.”

Murong Shan was very welcoming and guided Dustin to sit in the prominent spot.

He’d always held his youngest brother in high regard.

Now that they were reunited after such a long separation, they were naturally overjoyed.

The key members of the Murong family also exchanged warm greetings and smiles.

Everyone knew that Murong Zhenguo had always carried a burden, particularly when it came to Dustin leaving home.

To the extent that for the past five years, no one dared mention Dustin in front of Murong Zhenguo.

Now that Dustin had returned, and had taken the initiative to admit his mistakes and seek forgiveness from Murong Zhenguo, the misunderstandings from that year had been completely cleared.

They believed that henceforth, the Murong family would shine even more brightly.

As time passed, many dignitaries arrived to celebrate the birthday.

Each guest was accompanied by two bodyguards.

Of course, the bodyguards weren’t permitted to sit; they stood in two neat rows against the wall.

Dustin scanned the room and noticed that these bodyguards were all formidable, exuding a palpable air of battle experience.

They’d clearly seen combat.

Once all the guests were in attendance, Murong Shan rose first and declared, “First and foremost, I welcome you all to my father’s birthday gathering.

Father has always advised me to avoid ostentation and keep things low-key whenever possible.

However, it’s hard to turn away your kind gestures after you’ve come all this way. So, on behalf of my father, I’d like to extend my heartfelt gratitude.

Come, allow me to raise a toast to each of you.”

With that, Murong Shan poured himself a glass of wine and downed it in one go.

The guests were considerate and promptly raised their glasses in return.

“Next, let’s hear a few words from our birthday celebrant.”

Murong Shan turned his gaze and directed the attention to Murong Zhenguo.

In the next moment, thunderous applause filled the hall.

“I…”

Just as Murong Zhenguo was about to rise, Dustin suddenly stood and said with a smile, “Before that, may I say a few words?”

Murong Shan was a tad surprised. He glanced at his father, and after a nod of approval, he acquiesced, “Third Brother, if you have something to share, please feel free. We’re all family here, so don’t hold back.”

“Father, for today’s birthday gathering, I’ve taken great care in preparing a gift. I hope you’ll find it to your liking.”

Dustin smiled gently and handed over the gift box with respect.

“Yes, you’ve certainly grown much more sensible.”

Murong Zhenguo nodded approvingly and accepted it. “A prodigal son can indeed return home. I’m truly pleased to see such a change in you.”

Chapter 1125

After uttering his words, he opened the gift box, and his smile froze instantly.

Because inside the gift box, there were no valuable items, nothing to reveal his sentiment, only a piece of fine white silk.

“Is this the gift you had prepared?”

Murong Zhenguo frowned slightly, his gaze tinged with puzzlement.

“What? Father, do you not like it?”

Caden’s expression remained unchanged, perpetually respectful and humble.

“Not like it?”

Murong Zhenguo’s countenance darkened; he hurled the gift box to the floor and thundered, “Open your eyes and see what you’ve presented me!”

“Clang!”

A sharp sound reverberated.

The gift box shattered, revealing Bai Ling within.

Witnessing this tableau, everyone stood dumbfounded.

“What’s happening? What’s the rationale behind gifting a white fabric at a birthday gathering?”

“That’s not just any white fabric, it’s a piece of white silk for draping!”

“What? Bai Ling? Impossible! Who could bestow this upon me earnestly?”

“It’s no wonder the old general is incensed, no one could endure it. What on earth is Caden thinking?”

“… ”

Hushed conversations rippled through the crowd, some bewildered by the situation.

The once vibrant atmosphere quickly turned frigid.

“Third brother, why have you presented me with this? Could it be that you’ve made an error?” Murong Shan’s brow creased.

“Third brother! Retrieve this quickly, don’t allow others to mock you!” Caden implored.

Bestowing such an inauspicious item on the day of a birthday celebration, was it not a deliberate attempt to invite misfortune?

“It seems Father is not content with my offering.”

Disregarding the curious gazes of those around him, Caden gently picked up the white silk, dusted it off, and spoke with a smile, “This white silk once adorned my wife, and I kept it for five years. I held onto it to give it to you, Father, one day…”

As soon as these words left his lips, the entire room erupted.

The disciples of the Murong family, in particular, wore expressions of shock and their senses were on edge.

That incident from the past had nearly become a forbidden topic, one that no one dared to broach.

Originally, it was assumed that Caden’s return today was a sign of a change of heart, a potential reunion with his family. Yet, no one expected him to dredge up old grievances.

“Third brother! What nonsense is this? Why bring this up?” Murong Shan berated angrily, while also pleading with Murong Zhenguo, “Father, Caden must be inebriated. You mustn’t indulge him.”

“If I don’t remind you, shall we pretend that the past never transpired?”

Caden’s smile gradually faded, he continued, “Father, I wonder if you still recall that it was you who drove my wife to her death. It was you who compelled her to take her own life and be forever parted from me.”

“So, today you’ve come not to celebrate your birthday, but to confront the truth?”

Murong Zhenguo’s countenance appeared uncertain.

“I simply seek justice for my departed wife.”

Caden’s smile slowly dissipated. “Father, if you repent and acknowledge your wrongs from back then, I might contemplate forgiveness.”

“Caden! You’re acting audaciously!”

Murong Shan, at last, could bear it no longer. He slapped Caden across the face and cursed, “Today is Dad’s birthday gathering, you are not permitted to behave recklessly here. I command you to apologize to Dad this instant!”

“Apologize?”

Caden smiled, gently wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth, and spoke calmly, “Murong Zhenguo brought harm to my wife, shattered my existence, and condemned me to an eternal abyss. And you ask me to apologize? Is that reasonable?”

“Dad did nothing wrong back then, it’s your own doing. Don’t cling to it any longer, just kneel down and admit your mistake!” Murong Shan pleaded, growing more anxious.

If this continues, it will surely lead to no resolution.

“Brother, you’re as you were before. Always compliant. Whenever Murong Zhenguo glared, you’d cower into silence. You’re truly without worth,” Caden shook his head.

“You… you’re unyielding! Today, I must impart a lesson to you!”

Murong Shan seethed with indignation and raised his hand to strike.

In response, Caden abruptly drew a knife and thrust it fiercely into Murong Shan’s chest.

Chapter 1126

“puff!”

A sound of flesh tearing was heard.

Murong Hai’s sword stabbed Murong Shan directly through the chest without any warning.

Blood dripped to the ground along the tip of the knife.

“Well……”

Murong Shan was stunned, looking down at the knife pierced into his chest, his face full of disbelief.

He never dreamed that his third brother, whom he valued very much and his closest blood relative, would suddenly attack him.

And still so decisive, so ruthless.

At this moment, everyone was confused.

Who would have thought that Murong Hai, who was gentle and smiling just now, would suddenly kill his own eldest brother.

If before, it could be explained by drinking and making trouble, then now, the situation is completely different.

“You… how dare you…”

Murong Shan’s eyes widened, and when he was about to say something, blood was already pouring out of his mouth.

In the end, his body swayed and he fell limp to the ground.

“Brother, don’t be too nervous. My knife is an inch away from your heart. It won’t kill you for the time being. Just lie down and don’t get in your way.” Murong Hai said lightly.

While talking, he took out his handkerchief and wiped the blood on his fingertips.

He looked so calm, as if he was just doing something trivial.

“Bastard! You are so brave!”

Seeing this scene, Murong Zhenguo couldn’t help but became furious: “Your eldest brother is kindly trying to persuade you, but you dare to hurt someone? You are absolutely crazy! Come on! Catch this traitor!”

“yes!”

Following his order, a group of armed soldiers immediately swarmed in.

Murong Hai was not afraid at all and just threw the handkerchief on the ground.

The next second, two rows of bodyguards standing against the wall took action almost simultaneously.

Like a fierce tiger, it suddenly pounced on it.

These bodyguards are powerful, extremely fast, and have premeditated plans to crush them as soon as they appear.

The armed soldiers who had just entered the door were knocked down one after another before they could react, with no room for resistance at all.

The scene was instantly reversed.

“Um?”

The sudden change made Murong Zhenguo frown deeply.

Unexpectedly, there were so many assassins in the banquet hall.

In other words, some of the guests present have been bribed.

“Murong Hai! Do you know what you are doing? You are rebelling!”

Caden stared, angry.

“Second brother, you taught me that the weak are prey to the strong. If you really have the strength, what about the rebellion?”

Murong Hai’s expression remained calm.

“You are playing with fire and burning yourself!”

Caden said sternly: “I’m warning you, put down your weapons immediately and lead everyone to surrender, otherwise you will regret it!”

Where is the General’s Mansion?

How can someone just run wild after just a few hours?

“Murong Hai! If you make a mistake, you will be hated forever, and you dare to make trouble in the general’s mansion, are you going to die?”

“While there is still room for change, rein in the situation immediately and surrender, otherwise you will be responsible for the consequences!”

“Confused! So confused!”

Everyone in the Murong family rebuked angrily and hated the iron.

The family that used to live in harmony is now at war with each other, fighting to the death, right?

“Please see clearly, I am in control of the situation now, and I have the final say in everything.” Murong Hai said calmly.

“Hmph! Do you think that these people alone can control the entire General’s Mansion? It’s just a dream!”

As Caden spoke, he suddenly raised his voice and shouted: “Come here! Catch all these intruders!”

Chapter 1127

The General’s Manor houses a formidable force of thousands, capable of easily quelling any disturbance within its walls.

This is precisely why no one dares to behave recklessly in the General’s Manor.

“Where are the people? Where are they headed? Come and lend a hand!”

Even after shouting, there was no response from outside, prompting Caden to raise his voice once more.

“Second brother, there’s no need to bellow. My men have already infiltrated the general’s manor, and all your guards have been subdued,” Murong Hai remarked, a faint smile on his lips.

“How can that be? You’re fabricating this!”

Caden’s eyes widened in disbelief.

How could a thousand-strong, highly-trained army be defeated so effortlessly?

“After five years of meticulous planning, if I couldn’t accomplish this small feat, I wouldn’t be standing here today,” Murong Hai said nonchalantly.

“So, you were prepared from the beginning.”

Caden’s countenance darkened, his gaze sweeping over them one by one, as he spoke with a cold edge, “Murong Hai, I must concede that you are indeed courageous and resourceful, but you’ve made a miscalculation.”

“What do you mean?” Murong Hai was slightly intrigued.

“You overlooked me!”

Caden slowly removed his coat, revealing a body of powerful, well-defined muscles beneath. “I’ve trained rigorously since childhood, and my martial prowess has reached its zenith. Now, I stand as a half-step master. Your underlings here are no match for me.”

“Half-step Grandmaster?”

As soon as these words were uttered, a murmur swept through the assembly.

The Dragon Kingdom is renowned for its martial arts prowess, and achieving the status of an innate master is a monumental feat.

To ascend to the half-step master level demands exceptional talent and unwavering dedication.

For at this stage, one contends with thousands of adversaries on the battlefield!

“Sheila Murray! If you reconsider now, there’s still a chance, but if you persist, don’t blame me for being impolite!”

Caden stamped his foot emphatically, and with a resounding “bang,” a hole appeared in the ground.

A mighty surge of air burst forth.

Several of Murong Hai’s henchmen were so startled that they spewed blood and were sent hurtling backward before they could react. They lay gravely wounded, teetering on the brink of death.

Upon witnessing this, the others’ expressions contorted in horror, and they hastily retreated in panic.

An expert of half-step master calibre dispatches opponents as effortlessly as plucking petals from a flower.

How could they hope to stand in the way?

“Vivian, I never imagined your dad would be this formidable. It appears Murong Hai won’t be making any significant waves today,” Sheila Murray marveled and rejoiced.

Only moments ago, she feared impending calamity, but luckily, Murong Cheng stepped forward, turning the tide.

“So Uncle Cheng is a concealed master. I hadn’t realised before,” Chu Jie looked on in admiration.

Reaching half-step master level is tantamount to establishing a sect that could dominate the world.

“Is my dad truly this powerful?” Sheila Murray was taken aback.

Truthfully, she’d never witnessed her father in action.

“Clap, clap, clap…”

Murong Hai smiled and applauded, “Second brother, I didn’t expect that after a few years, we’d meet again, and you’d have attained such a level of mastery. I hold you in high regard!”

“Since you acknowledge my prowess, why not apprehend him without delay?” Caden demanded.

“Sheila Murray, your martial aptitude is commendable, but alas, you still have some way to go. You are not yet qualified to halt me,” Murong Hai intoned calmly.

“Such arrogance!”

Caden’s anger surged instantly, “I shall see how capable you truly are today!”

With those words, he lunged forward suddenly.

At that very moment, behind Murong Hai, a figure cloaked in black, their visage obscured, sprang into action.

In a blink, the figure intercepted Caden, then delivered a precise strike with their palm.

“Inviting death!”

Caden harboured no fear, retaliating with a forceful punch.

“Boom!”

Fist met palm, yet the enigmatic figure in black remained unmoved, their robes billowing.

Meanwhile, Caden was propelled backwards like a cannonball, crashing into the wall.

The onslaught of bloodshed showed no sign of abating.

Chapter 1128

“What?!”

Seeing this scene, everyone looked shocked.

Isn’t Caden a half-step master-level expert?

Shouldn’t it sweep the entire field?

Why did he get beaten up and vomited blood just after meeting him?

“Brother Caden!”

“dad!”

Lily and Sheila Murray were startled, and quickly ran forward and helped Caden up.

“Cough cough cough…”

Caden’s body trembled and he coughed up several mouthfuls of blood.

At this moment, his face was full of shock and horror.

Since practicing the Soul-Eating Technique, he has become very confident in his own strength. He is not invincible, but he can dominate one area.

Why? Why was he suppressed just as he was about to show off his skills today?

Is it because I am too weak or the enemy is too strong?

“You…who the hell are you?!”

Caden gritted his teeth, somewhat unwillingly.

“Tianzhu Kingdom, Rakshasa.”

The man in black robe slowly opened his cloak, revealing a foreign face.

His cheeks were thin and his eye sockets were sunken, giving him a cold feeling.

“What? Rakshasa? Isn’t that the martial arts master of Tianzhu Kingdom? Why is he here too?”

“It seems that Murong Hai has spent a lot of money! He actually invited a strong master from Tianzhu Kingdom. No wonder Caden is no match.”

“It’s broken! The armed forces of the General’s Palace cannot be used, and now Murong City has been defeated again. Is today a catastrophe for the General’s Palace?”

“…”

After learning the identity of Rakshasa, the whole place was in an uproar.

A martial arts master-level expert, who is the enemy of thousands of people, now suddenly comes and is almost unstoppable.

It seems that the General’s Mansion is in big trouble.

“Rakshasa?”

Caden’s complexion changed, and he was very apprehensive: “Murong Hai, I didn’t expect you to have planned a long time ago, and even traveled thousands of miles to invite people from Tianzhu Kingdom. You are really driving the General’s Mansion to a dead end!”

“Second brother, if I didn’t have my trump card, I wouldn’t be so blatant.” Murong Hai had a faint smile on his lips.

After so many years of preparation, everything that should be calculated has already been calculated.

“Murong Hai, I admit that you are indeed the best among our three brothers, but unfortunately, you still underestimated the foundation of the General’s Mansion.”

“Do you think that just a martial arts master can sweep through the general’s mansion? If so, I can only say that you are too naive!”

“Today, I will let you see the real trump card of the General’s Mansion!”

Caden suddenly took a deep breath, then mobilized all his energy and shouted: “The General’s Mansion is in crisis! Please come out, ancestor!”

Its sound was like a thunderous explosion.

The shock caused drinks to ripple on the table and everyone’s ears to roar.

After the shouting, some key members of the Murong family immediately cheered up.

Few people know that there is a top powerhouse hidden in the General’s Mansion.

This person is respectfully called “Ancestor”.

If the thousand-man armed force is the official force of the General’s Mansion, then the ancestor is the General’s Mansion’s biggest trump card.

Many years ago, the ancestor had become a martial arts master.

Although he rarely appears, his strength is definitely the best in Jiangnan.

It’s just that the ancestor has been practicing in seclusion all year round and never asks about the affairs of the general’s mansion. On weekdays, no one dares to disturb him.

However, now, the General’s Mansion is at a critical moment, and the ancestors have to be called in to suppress the whole situation.

I believe that as long as the ancestor comes forward, the Rakshasa of Tianzhu Kingdom will not be worth mentioning at all.

“Murong Hai! It’s too late to stop now. Once our ancestor comes out of seclusion, your life may be at risk!”

“That’s right! If you pull back from the brink in time, you still have a chance of survival, otherwise you will die forever!”

Everyone in the Murong family scolded and tried to persuade Murong Hai to surrender.

Chapter 1129

Although Luo Sha is powerful, he is still a lot worse than the ancestor.

“Old Ancestor? Hehe… He has heard about his name for a long time, but unfortunately, he can’t help you.” Murong Hai’s face remained unchanged.

“Please come out, ancestor!”

After waiting for a long time without any response, Caden raised his volume again and shouted towards the back mountain.

“Second brother, there’s no need to shout, the ancestor is here.”

Murong Hai took out a cardboard box out of nowhere, and threw it on the ground casually.

The cardboard box popped open, and a bloody human head rolled out of it.

It was an old man with white hair, his face was haggard, his eyes were wide open, and his face was full of shock and unwillingness.

“Old… Ancestor?!”

Seeing this scene, Caden was so frightened that he took a few steps back, his face showing horror.

The rest of the people also looked like they had seen a ghost, their livers and gallbladders were split with fright, and their souls flew out of the sky.

“How, how is it possible? The ancestor is actually dead?!”

“My ancestor was a powerful martial arts master. How could he die so suddenly? What happened?”

“It’s over, it’s over. Once our ancestor dies, the general’s mansion will be in danger!”

“…”

Everyone in the Murong family was terrified and couldn’t believe it.

They never dreamed that the General’s biggest trump card would die like this.

Even the head was cut off.

It’s incredible!

“I have to admit that the ancestor is really powerful. If he hadn’t ambushed him in advance, he might not have been able to kill him.” Murong Hai smiled lightly.

It’s just that at this moment, his smile fell on everyone’s eyes, as terrifying as a devil.

With only his own strength, he actually plotted against the entire General’s Mansion.

This kind of person is really terrible!

“No! Impossible!”

Caden shook his head repeatedly, finding it difficult to accept: “The ancestor is so powerful, how can a mere Rakshasa from Tianzhu country possibly kill the ancestor?!”

“I didn’t say there was only Rakshasa.”

Murong Haifeng said calmly: “Don’t you know that Rakshasa and Yaksha in Tianzhu have always been inseparable? If Rakshasa is here, then where do you think Yaksha will be?”

“Yaksha?”

Caden’s pupils shrank: “Is he here too?”

That was a martial arts master of the same level as Rakshasa, and his strength was unfathomable.

“bingo.”

Murong Hai snapped his fingers.

Behind him, another man in black robe slowly opened his cloak, revealing a mixed-race face.

Astonishingly, he is a master-level expert from Tianzhu Kingdom, Yasha!

“One Rakshasa can’t defeat the ancestor, so what about Yaksha?” Murong Hai asked with a smile.

As soon as these words came out, Murong City felt like it was struck by lightning.

Then his legs went weak and he collapsed on the ground, his face ashen.

His eyes were full of despair.

It’s over, it’s really over now.

The ancestor is dead, and the General’s Mansion no longer has a trump card.

And Murong Hai has two grandmasters in charge. Once they take action, they have no chance of winning.

It can be seen from this that the General’s Mansion is really going to be in disaster.

At this moment, both the Murong family and the guests all felt deep despair and helplessness.

No one expected that the General’s Mansion, which used to be so powerful in all directions, would be forced to the point of desperation.

“Father…”

At this time, Murong Hai slowly raised his head and said with piercing eyes: “All your support is gone, and all your pride is in pieces.”

“Now, I have the final say here. I need you to give me an explanation about what happened back then.”

“Otherwise, from today on, General Murong’s Mansion will cease to exist!”

Chapter 1130

Murong Hai’s plain words held an undeniable weight.

Everyone was gripped by fear, trembling.

Their gaze collectively fixed on Murong Zhenguo.

As the figure of highest authority and influence present, the old general’s stance would determine the fate of the entire family.

“Traitor! You murdered your own kin, brought calamity upon this clan, and committed treason. And now you have the audacity to demand an explanation from me? Do you truly see yourself as a victim?!” Murong Zhenguo thundered with a resolute tone.

He had always believed Caden to be his most promising successor.

With valor, cunning, and sagacity, he could lead the family to glory.

It was a lamentable fate that the most exceptional son had strayed, creating a rift with the family.

In his anger, there was also sorrow.

“Father, you must acknowledge that it was your actions that drove me to this. If you hadn’t driven my wife to her death, I would never have embarked on this path,” Murong Hai stated with measured composure.

“That woman’s demise is linked to me, so what if it is? She deserved it!” Murong Zhenguo declared, his countenance stern.

“Really?”

Murong Hai let out a bitter laugh. “My lord, she is your daughter-in-law, do you truly believe she deserved to die?”

“She is my daughter-in-law, but she is also an agent of the enemy nation, and even more so, an adversary of our Dragon Kingdom!”

Murong Zhenguo bellowed sternly. “Do you comprehend the toll these spies take? Because of them, countless valiant men in our Dragon Kingdom perish unjustly on the battlefield!”

“She has repented, she never harmed anyone, why? Why didn’t you give her a chance?” Murong Hai’s agitation was palpable.

“She might not have harmed others, but she harmed you!”

Murong Zhenguo struck the table. “You could have had a bright future, but look at you now. Neither human nor ghost. You’re nothing but a stain on the General’s Office!”

He would back Caden’s pursuit of love, even if it meant choosing a path outside of the right lineage.

Even if he were a pauper, as long as it brought his son happiness, he would endorse it.

But spies were a different matter.

“I care not for the future. I only want her by my side, I only want her alive!”

Murong Hai’s voice dripped with anger. “It was you – you drove her to her death! You killed my wife! It’s all your doing!”

“Beast! Don’t you see? That woman was a menace to you. Even in death, she won’t release you!”

Murong Zhenguo unveiled the stark truth. “I contemplated ending her life, but I did not force her to die. For your sake, I once offered her a chance at life.

But this woman is cunning and malevolent. In her bid to dismantle you and slay the finest heir to the general’s residence, she didn’t hesitate to wield her own life as bait, setting a trap to drive a wedge between father and son!

Our strife, father and son, is all due to her!

Wake up! Cease this stubbornness!”

Even now, a glimmer of hope lingered, wishing for his son’s return.

“Nonsense! You’re lying!”

Murong Hai seemed like a cat with its tail stepped on, his rage instant: “Murong Zhenguo! You pushed my wife to her death, and now you’re slandering her. You’re nothing but a beast!”

“Third brother! Father speaks the truth, I can attest!”

Caden chimed in once more. “I know everything about what transpired. Although she was a spy, Dad spared her for your sake. But I never imagined she would choose death willingly just to inflict harm on others. It’s madness!”

“Yes! We can all vouch for it!”

At that moment, everyone in the Murong family nodded in agreement.

What occurred was indeed a misunderstanding, or rather, the woman orchestrated her own demise to sow discord.

As a result, father and son now stood at odds.

“Enough! Silence, all of you!”

Murong Hai roared with fury, his visage twisted with ferocity: “You’re a den of vipers and rats, of course you’d side with Murong Zhenguo! If not for your coercion, my wife would never have left me willingly. You bunch of sanctimonious hypocrites, today, I will exact the price from you!”

With a decisive gesture, he commanded, “Seize them all!”

Chapter 1131

“yes!”

Afterwards, a group of thugs immediately drew their weapons and pressed forward with eager eyes.

Everyone in the Murong family panicked and quickly huddled together.

They had been pampered since childhood and were protected by soldiers wherever they went. Now faced with this situation, they felt a little at a loss.

“Boom, boom, boom…”

At the critical moment, a row of silver needles suddenly shot out.

The dozen thugs who rushed forward were frozen on the spot, unable to move.

The weapon in his hand was raised in the air, unable to fall down.

“Who is it? Who is doing something secretly?”

Murong Hai’s expression darkened, and his sharp eyes shot around.

“it’s me.”

Lu Chen slowly stood up and instantly attracted everyone’s attention.

The situation in the General’s Mansion is over. Under such circumstances, all guests present are in danger and dare not meddle in other people’s business.

No one expected that there would be someone who dared to stand out.

“Who are you?”

Murong Hai looked up and down, a little suspicious.

“A guest from the General’s Mansion.” Lu Chen said calmly.

“Every wrongdoer has his own fault, and this matter has nothing to do with you. You’d better not meddle in other people’s business.” Murong Hai warned.

“I owe the old general a favor. I don’t care about this matter today.” Lu Chen shook his head slightly.

“Young man, it’s a good thing to know how to repay kindness, but it’s better to consider your own strength. If you try to be strong if you don’t have the ability, you will only die!” Murong Hai said with a cold face.

“I have heard about the names of Rakshasa and Yaksha in Tianzhu for a long time. Today, I want to give it a try.”

Lu Chen slowly clasped his fists, as if he was going to compete.

Seeing this scene, the whole audience was stunned.

“Damn it! Is this guy crazy? He actually wants to challenge the martial arts master, is he going to die?” Liu Yannan’s eyes widened, and she couldn’t believe it.

“Hmph! What an idiot! Do you think you are powerful just because you know how to punch and kick? Dare you challenge a master-level expert? You are simply asking for your own death!” Chu Jie sneered.

“Shoot the first bird, this kid is looking for death!”

Everyone whispered and were surprised.

No one expected Lu Chen to be so courageous. Not only did he not listen to advice, he also openly provoked the martial arts master.

It’s really like a mantis trying to control the chariot, not knowing whether to live or die!

“Hmph! Since you want to die, then I will grant your wish!” Murong Hai gestured: “Rakshasa, get rid of him!”

“no problem!”

Rakshasa laughed evilly, walked forward jokingly, folded his arms, and said condescendingly: “Boy, don’t say I bully you, I will let you punch three times first, if you…”

“good.”

Before Rakshasa could finish speaking, Lu Chen punched him like lightning and hit him in the abdomen.

“boom!”

There was a loud bang.

Rakshasa’s bow was reduced to a shrimp on the spot, and his whole body was directly launched more than ten meters away. He knelt heavily on the ground and made a hole with his knees.

Rakshasa’s face was twisted in pain, and he pointed at Lu Chen with trembling fingers.

“You…you don’t have martial ethics!”

As soon as he finished speaking, he spat out a mouthful of blood and passed out on the spot.

Chapter 1132

quiet.

The entire banquet hall suddenly fell silent.

Everyone was stunned when they saw Rakshasa being knocked away by a punch.

Everyone’s eyes widened in disbelief.

Who is Rakshasa?

A well-known strong man in Tianzhu Kingdom and a true master of martial arts.

Such a being was actually punched to the ground by Chase Lu?

How can it be? !

“Damn it! This kid is so powerful? Is it true?”

“Looking at how thin he is, I didn’t expect him to be so powerful.”

“It’s true that people can’t be judged by appearances, and sea water can’t be measured!”

After a brief silence, the entire scene was in an uproar.

They initially thought Lu Chen was looking for death, but now they realized that the other party was hiding something secret.

“No way? Is this kid a martial arts master?” Murong Cheng looked shocked.

He had just personally experienced how powerful Rakshasa was.

With just one move, he was defeated without any resistance.

But now, Lu Chen can actually defeat Rakshasa. In other words, the opponent is at least the master level!

Because only a martial arts master can defeat a martial arts master.

Having said that, this result is really scary.

The martial arts master in his twenties is simply the most evil of evils!

Looking at the entire Jiangnan, they are all unique!

Thinking of the previous contempt and disdain, he felt his scalp numb.

If he could get through the difficulties today, he would have to reposition the relationship between the two parties.

“Hmph! What’s so great? It’s just some dirty tricks! If Lu Chen hadn’t carried out a sneak attack just now, how could he have beaten Rakshasa?”

After being slightly stunned, Chu Jie quickly showed a dissatisfied expression again.

“That’s right! He took action before he was ready. He didn’t respect martial ethics at all. It’s really despicable!” Liu Yannan also raised questions.

In their opinion, it was because Chase Lu made a sneak attack and took advantage of others’ unpreparedness to attack suddenly, so they were lucky enough to defeat Rakshasa.

This kind of behavior is simply despicable and shameless, and has no masterly demeanor.

Chu Jie’s words aroused a lot of suspicion.

In any case, it was indeed Lu Chen who attacked first, so even if he won, it would be disgraceful.

“I didn’t expect there was a master hidden in the General’s Mansion. I made a mistake.”

Murong Hai looked up and down, his expression a little more solemn.

Ordinary people don’t know the truth, but he knows it very well.

Lu Chen’s punch just now clearly had the strength of a martial arts master.

Because ordinary warriors cannot break Rakshasa’s defense at all.

So even if it was a sneak attack, it wouldn’t hurt him at all.

Lu Chen can defeat Rakshasa with one punch, which is enough to show his strength.

“Murong Hai, stop it, you are destined to fail today.” Lu Chen said calmly.

“Failed? Hahaha…”

Murong Hai smiled, as if he had heard a big joke: “Young man, you have overestimated yourself. I have been planning a plan for five years, how can you alone defeat it?”

“What? What other trump cards do you have?” Chase Lu asked.

“Want to see my trump card? Okay…then I’ll make it happen for you!”

Murong Hai said and suddenly raised his hand.

A black ball the size of a fist shot out of his sleeve and hit Lu Chen directly in the face.

Lu Chen narrowed his eyes slightly and raised his hand to punch.

“boom!”

There was a loud bang, and the black ball was blown up on the spot.

However, at the moment it exploded, a large golden net suddenly shot out from inside.

The golden net covered Lu Chen with lightning speed, and then rotated and locked, trapping him firmly.

“Um?”

Lu Chen frowned and tried to struggle a few times, but was surprised to find that his own strength could not break through this golden net.

“This is… a dragon-tying rope?!”

Chapter 1133

Lu Chen reacted quickly, with a solemn expression on his face.

There are very few things that can trap a martial arts master, among which the dragon rope is the representative.

Rumor has it that the rope that binds the dragon is extremely tough, hard to break with a sword, and impenetrable by water and fire. Even a martial arts master can only sit and wait to die if he is tied up.

It’s just that this thing is under the control of Zhenwusi, and ordinary people can’t get it at all.

“That’s right, this big net was woven by me with dragon ropes, and it’s specially used to deal with martial arts masters like you.”

Murong Hai admitted very frankly: “I originally used this trump card just in case, but I didn’t expect it to actually come in handy. Now, who do you think among us will win?”

No matter who is below the grand master, as long as he is bound by the dragon rope, even if he has the ability to reach the sky, it will not help.

“It’s broken! Chase Lu was bound by a dragon rope, and now no one can stop Yasha!” Murong Cheng’s expression changed.

Lu Chen’s sudden outburst gave him a glimmer of hope.

It’s just that he didn’t expect that Murong Hai actually hid a hole card.

“Alas, after all, there is still nothing I can do to save myself.”

Everyone in the Murong family sighed, the glimmer of hope that had just risen soon turned into despair.

“Murong Zhenguo, no one can help you now.”

Murong Hai turned his eyes, looked at his father again, and said coldly: “I will give you two choices now, either admit your mistake to my deceased wife and apologize; or I will uproot the entire General’s Mansion!”

“Beast! You are playing with fire and burning yourself!”

Murong Zhenguo sternly shouted: “Don’t say I’m wrong, even if I’m really wrong, I will never apologize to a spy!”

“Don’t force me!”

Murong Hai spoke every word and gritted his teeth.

“You are forcing me!”

Murong Zhenguo looked like he hated iron but steel: “You are an enemy of the whole family for the sake of a bitch, it’s just crazy!”

“Shut up! I won’t allow you to insult her!”

Murong Hai roared angrily, drew his saber and rushed forward.

At this moment, he completely lost his mind and slashed without mercy.

“Qiang!”

Murong Hai struck Murong Zhenguo on the shoulder with a fierce knife.

However, after its sharp blade cut through his clothes, it was blocked by Murong Zhenguo’s soft armor, making it difficult for him to make any progress.

“Bastard! You really cut it!”

Murong Zhenguo’s face darkened, his eyes burning with anger.

Murong Hai was about to draw the knife, but was held down by Murong Zhenguo, unable to move.

“Yaksha! Do it!”

Murong Hai, who couldn’t pull out the knife, turned around and shouted.

“Die!”

Yasha jumped up and grabbed Murong Zhenguo like a hungry tiger pouncing on its prey.

Its fingertips are surrounded by strong energy and can break steel.

If it is caught on a person, it is bound to be ripped open.

“Old general, be careful!”

“Quick! Protect the old general!”

When everyone saw it, their faces changed drastically.

Many warriors pounced directly on him, trying to fill the gap with their lives.

However, their speed could not catch up with Yasha, and they could only watch as Murong Zhenguo was in danger.

“It’s over, the old general is dead!”

Many people couldn’t bear to close their eyes.

Facing the attack of the martial arts master, how can the old general block it?

“The sky!”

Lu Chen suddenly roared, and a black sword suddenly fell from the sky.

While piercing the roof, it slashed towards Yaksha with lightning speed.

Although the speed was fast, it was still too late in the end, and there was no time to save people.

Just when everyone thought defeat was certain——

Murong Zhenguo suddenly took action, grabbed Yasha’s neck with incredible speed, and hung him in the air.

Then in the other party’s frightened eyes, he pinched hard.

“Crack!”

Yasha tilted his head and died suddenly on the spot.

Chapter 1134

“ah?”

Lu Chen was stunned.

Murong Cheng was stunned.

Murong Hai was also stunned.

Everyone in the Murong family, including all the guests present, were all stunned and looked in disbelief.

When Yasha launched his attack, they all thought that Murong Zhenguo was in danger.

Because for a master-level expert, killing an old man is as simple as chopping melons and vegetables, and it takes no effort at all.

However, no one expected that the final result would be the other way around.

Not only did Yasha not hurt Murong Zhenguo, but he also lost his own life.

In fact, Murong Zhenguo didn’t even look at it, he just grabbed it casually, pinned Yasha in the air, and then pinched his neck.

He looked so simple and relaxed, as if he was not killing a martial arts master, but a little chicken.

“I…did I read that correctly? Yasha…is actually dead?”

“Oh my god! Killing a martial arts master in one move is too powerful, isn’t it?”

“It turns out that the old general is the one who really hides his secrets. It’s because we are too blind to see the truth!”

After a brief silence, the scene was in an uproar.

Looking at the majestic Murong Zhenguo, everyone was shocked and their expressions were indescribably shocked.

They really didn’t expect that the old general who was nearly eighty years old could still have such power.

Simply unbelievable.

“Hmph! You are not overestimating your own abilities!”

Murong Zhenguo held up Yaksha with one hand and threw it to the side in disgust. There was a “bang” sound and Yaksha’s body hit the ground hard, and a ball of blood spurted out.

“How, how is it possible? You are actually a martial arts master?”

Looking at Yasha’s body, Murong Hai was so frightened that he took a few steps back, his face full of shock.

In his memory, Murong Zhenguo had never made a move.

Even in the face of ambushes and assassinations, his strength was never exposed.

He always thought that his father’s martial arts attainments were not high.

But now, he realized that he was wrong, and it was very wrong.

It turns out that the real trump card of the General’s Mansion is not some old ancestor, but his father Murong Zhenguo!

“How do you think I got the position of General?”

Murong Zhenguo said with a cold face and sharp eyes: “I have been fighting on the battlefield for decades, hundreds of battles large and small. If I didn’t have a certain level of strength, would I still be alive to this day?”

“You…you have lied to us for decades!” Murong Hai gritted his teeth, a little unwilling.

“I guard against villains, not gentlemen.”

Murong Zhenguo spoke loudly: “For all these years, I have been keeping a low profile and hiding myself. I am giving you a chance to get ahead, because I don’t want you to live in my shadow!”

From ancient times to the present, the generals protecting the country of the Dragon Kingdom have been rare.

Can sit in this position, which one is not both civil and military?

It is as difficult as climbing to the sky for future generations to reach the same level.

In other words, as long as he is in power, as long as he is in power, his three sons will never have a bright future.

Therefore, he retreated behind the scenes early just to let his sons step on his shoulders and go further.

In fact, his youngest son, Murong Hai, could indeed inherit the mantle of the General’s Mansion.

But unfortunately, the other party went astray and ruined his wonderful life in vain.

“That’s enough! Don’t say these high-sounding words anymore, if you were really for my own good, you wouldn’t force my wife to death!” Murong Hai roared angrily.

Chapter 1135

“Now, are you still stubborn? That woman has been using you, she is harming you, why would you rather believe her than your blood relatives?!” Murong Zhenguo shouted.

“Shut up! Since five years ago, I have completely broken up with you, and I have never had anything to do with you again!” Murong Hai’s face was a little grim.

“You…you really don’t repent!” Murong Zhenguo was angry and angry.

Everything that needs to be explained has been explained, and everything that needs to be said has been said.

He really didn’t understand why Murong Hai didn’t listen to persuasion?

“Murong Zhenguo! I admit that I underestimated you and the background of the General’s Mansion, but if you think that you have the chance to win, you are totally wrong!”

Murong Hai grinned grimly, took out a whistle from his bosom, and blew it vigorously.

“Woo—!”

Along with a sharp whistle, there was movement outside the house immediately.

A group of burly guards wearing armor suddenly came in menacingly.

Compared with the previous thugs, these armed guards are obviously much stronger.

There is a sense of oppression as soon as he appears, which makes people feel intimidated.

“This is a team of dead soldiers that I spent five years building. Everyone in it is carefully selected and has experienced hundreds of battles!”

“Especially the armor they wear, which is made of high-grade black iron. It is invulnerable to weapons, water and fire. Even if they face attacks from martial arts masters, they can resist head-on.”

“I know they can’t kill you, but as long as I give the order, these dead soldiers will kill you indiscriminately!”

“By then, everyone in the banquet hall will die!”

Murong Hai laughed wildly, looking a little crazy.

At this time, he had already planned to die together. Even if Murong Zhenguo was not harmed, he would drag a group of Murong family members to be buried with him.

He wanted Murong Zhenguo to regret it, and he wanted him to taste the feeling of losing a loved one.

“Damn it! Is this guy crazy? What does it have to do with us? Why does he want to kill us?”

“Yes! You can handle the Murong family’s affairs among yourselves, don’t implicate us!”

“If I had known that I would get into big trouble, I shouldn’t have come to celebrate my birthday today.”

“…”

Because of Murong Hai’s words, the guests were so frightened that they trembled and turned pale.

They were just watching the show, completely bystanders.

Now the appearance of the dead has completely broken the balance, and even made them victims.

It’s really a fight between gods and mortals.

“Are you threatening me?”

Murong Zhenguo glanced left and right and said coldly: “Do you think that just by relying on these dead soldiers, you can wipe out the general’s mansion?”

“You can kill as many as you can. In short, I will make the entire General’s Mansion uneasy!” Murong Hai was completely prepared to risk his life.

“You are too naive. The General’s Mansion has been established for so many years, how can it only have this little power on the surface?”

Murong Zhenguo shook his head, his face full of disappointment: “Today, I will let you see the true strength hidden in the General’s Mansion!”

After saying that, he lightly clapped his hands.

“Pah, pah, pah…”

As the sound rang out, the banquet hall suddenly shook.

At the same time, the roof was violently broken open.

Dozens of black-clad and masked killers suddenly fell from the sky and landed in front of the dead soldiers.

Then, before everyone could react, these black-clothed killers had turned into afterimages, passing through the dead soldiers.

Like a breeze blowing by, silently.

When the killers in black stood still again, each of them was holding a bloody head in their hands!

Chapter 1136

These black-clad killers appeared suddenly and completely unprepared.

From appearance, to attack, to end, just in the blink of an eye.

Everyone felt that in the blink of their eyes, all the dead soldiers that Murong Hai carefully cultivated had been beheaded.

The whole process is so incredibly fast that no one can react at all.

“哐, 哐, 哐…”

With a sound of metal collision, all of Murong Hai’s dead soldiers fell to the ground without any body parts.

Not an enemy at all.

After solving the dead men, these black-clothed killers held their heads and stood still on both sides, waiting for follow-up orders.

“What?!”

Seeing all the carefully cultivated dead soldiers fall to the ground, Murong Hai stood stunned on the spot as if he had been struck by lightning.

He had calculated everything, but he never expected that there was such a terrifying force hidden in the general’s mansion.

With just one encounter, he killed all his dead soldiers instantly, which was simply horrifying.

“Murong Hai, you have overestimated yourself and underestimated the power of the General’s Mansion.”

Murong Zhenguo began to slowly approach: “Do you think that after five years of planning, you can overthrow the General’s Mansion? Have you ever thought that the General’s Mansion has decades of experience?

These methods of yours, these tricks of yours, in my opinion, are just a small matter.

Do you really think I don’t know that you’ve been operating secretly?

Do you really think those people you planted can hide it from me?

I can clearly see everything you do, but I have never pointed it out.

I hope you can wake up in time, I hope you can turn around and change your ways.

Hai’er, stop it.

As long as you change your mind now and change your past, I can treat what happened today as if it never happened.

You are still my son and the best heir to the Murong family.

Promise me, okay? ”

Having said this, Murong Zhenguo slowly stretched out his hand, with a look of anticipation and reluctance on his face.

Blood is thicker than water, no matter what, Murong Hai is his son, even if he made a huge mistake, as long as he is willing to change, he will choose to protect him without hesitation.

“Hehehe…”

Murong Hai suddenly laughed, as if mocking himself, but also sarcastically: “Murong Zhenguo, stop pretending in front of me. Do you think it is useful to say this now? The winner is the king and the loser is the bandit. If you lose, you lose. I don’t need your sympathy. , and don’t need your pity!”

“Hai’er, why are you bothering? It’s not too late now, as long as you are willing to turn around, you can start all over again.” Murong Zhen Guoyu said earnestly.

“Do it all over again? How can I do it all over again? Can you still bring my wife back to life? Don’t be ridiculous!”

Murong Hai said with a ferocious look: “Murong Zhenguo, I admit that I have failed, but even if I die, I will have to support a few people. I want you to regret it for the rest of your life!”

As he spoke, he lifted his clothes abruptly, revealing the bomb strapped to his body.

“Haier! Don’t mess around!”

At this moment, Murong Zhenguo finally changed his face.

The rest of the people in the hall panicked and backed away again and again.

Who would have thought that there were so many bombs hidden on Murong Hai’s body?

This is the rhythm of dying together!

“Hahahaha…you’re going to die!”

Murong Hai laughed loudly, and suddenly pressed the control button.

“don’t want!”

Murong Zhenguo did not retreat but advanced and pounced directly.

However, just when his finger was about to touch Murong Hai, the bomb exploded.

“boom!”

There was a loud bang.

Murong Hai’s whole body was torn apart on the spot, a powerful energy centered on his body, spreading rapidly to the surroundings.

Murong Zhenguo, who rushed forward, was directly blown away by the air wave, spurting a mouthful of blood on the spot.

Some of the guests who were very close were instantly torn apart by the explosion energy, with blood splattering everywhere.

Chapter 1137

The other guests also fell on their backs, some were seriously injured, and some were killed on the spot.

In the aftermath of the horrific explosion, the entire banquet hall was instantly razed to the ground.

For a time, the whole land was wailing and blood and flesh were flying everywhere.

“Haier!”

Murong Zhenguo, with disheveled hair, didn’t care about his injury, rushed to the center of the explosion, and began to search frantically in the ruins.

After searching and searching, all I got in the end was Murong Hai’s fragmentary body.

The explosion just now had already shattered Murong Hai into pieces, completely out of human shape.

The best-preserved one is still half a bloody head.

“Haier! Haier!”

Murong Zhenguo held the mutilated body, burst into tears for a while, and collapsed emotionally: “Why? Why do you do this? Why do you have to be so stupid? Why?!”

He couldn’t believe it, and couldn’t accept it, that Murong Hai would take such extreme measures.

In order to take revenge, he even risked his own life.

He is pained, remorseful, angry, but more of a despair.

The most beloved son is gone, and the best successor is gone.

The entire general’s mansion was devastated.

And the cause of all this was that woman five years ago, who laid the groundwork for her death with her death plan.

This…is the real murderous act!

Just as Murong Zhenguo was holding his son’s body and crying bitterly, a ghostly figure suddenly approached quickly.

Extremely fast and silent.

Coupled with the cover of the surrounding wails, it was completely undetectable.

“Old general, be careful!”

Lu Chen saw this scene as soon as he looked up, and immediately reminded him.

“boom!”

As soon as the words fell, the figure had already slapped Murong Zhenguo on the back.

“puff!”

Murong Zhenguo spurted out a mouthful of blood on the spot, and his whole body flew directly more than ten meters away, and then he fell heavily to the ground.

The explosion at close range had already injured him, and the stimulation of his son’s death had caused him to lose his mind and his vigilance.

There was no reaction at all to the sneak attack just now.

“You…who are you?”

Murong Zhenguo stood up staggeringly, his whole body was shocked and angry.

The opponent’s sneak attack was fierce and overbearing, so powerful that it directly shattered most of his meridians.

As a result, he is now seriously injured and his strength is greatly weakened.

“Hahaha…Old friends, we meet again after many years.”

Accompanied by a hoarse laugh, a short old man from the Golden Crow Kingdom wearing a kimono slowly walked out of the smoke.

The wooden clogs under my feet made a “dang-dang-dang” sound as they stepped on the ground.

“Watanabe Yu?”

Murong Zhenguo took a closer look and his face suddenly darkened: “It turns out it’s you, this old dog!”

The visitor was none other than the patriarch of the Watanabe family, Watanabe Ou.

He is also one of the top ten swordsmen of the Golden Crow Kingdom.

“Old friend, after so many years of separation, I didn’t expect you to still remember me.”

Watanabe Yuo was smiling, but his eyes were indescribably cold.

“Hmph! You old dog, I can recognize you even if you turn into ashes.”

Murong Zhenguo said with a cold face: “Why, my dog’s legs were broken by me thirty years ago, and now you dare to set foot on the territory of the Dragon Kingdom?”

“Speaking of what happened thirty years ago, I still remember it fresh. I really can’t swallow this breath, so today, I am here to take revenge on you.”

Watanabe Yu smiled slightly: “Of course, I am a kind person and will not let you go too lonely. I will kill all your family and let all your relatives be buried with you. How about it? Isn’t it a surprise?”

Chapter 1138

“Old dog Watanabe, you still want to run wild here, do you have the ability?”

Murong Zhenguo slowly straightened his back, with murderous intent in his eyes: “I could beat you to the point where you were covered with teeth thirty years ago, and I can still do it now.”

“Old friend, don’t be so pushy. You can hide it from others, but you can’t hide it from me.”

Watanabe sneered and shook his head: “After years of fighting, your body has long been riddled with holes. Coupled with the explosion just now and my full-strength palm strike, you are now seriously injured. I’m afraid you can’t even stand up.” Bar?”

“If you don’t believe it, you can come forward and try it?”

Murong Zhenguo stretched out his hand to beckon, as if you were ready to come over.

Watanabe Xiong glanced up and down, and was not in a hurry to attack, but continued to test his words: “Old friend, how are you? Your son’s death is heartbreaking, right? In the past five years, I have secretly spent a lot of energy in cultivating him. Unfortunately, it’s still a little bit worse.”

“It turns out that it’s you, the old dog, who’s doing this!”

Murong Zhenguo gritted his teeth and his breathing became rapid: “Every wrong has its owner, and every debt has its owner. If you have any hatred, just come at me. Why are you plotting against my son?!”

“Hahaha… It’s too difficult to kill you head-on, so I can only start from your weakness. Your youngest son Murong Hai is the biggest weakness.”

Watanabe Xiong grinned: “Oh, by the way, there is one more thing I forgot to tell you. Murong Hai’s wife, the woman who hanged herself in the General’s Mansion five years ago, she – is actually my daughter!”

“You…what did you say?”

Murong Zhenguo trembled, a little unbelievable.

“How is it? Are you surprised?”

Watanabe Xiong smiled even more happily: “In order to plot against you, I deliberately let my daughter get close to your son, making him fall in love and unable to extricate himself. When the time is right, I will order my daughter to hang herself to lay the plan. , so that you two, father and son, turn against each other and fight to the death, this plan is so perfect!”

“brute!”

Murong Zhenguo was furious: “In order to take revenge, you didn’t even spare your own daughter. Are you still a human being?!”

“What about my daughter? In our Golden Crow Kingdom, women are like objects and can be discarded at any time. It is her honor for my daughter to sacrifice for my revenge plan. No matter what, she at least succeeded and played her part. It deserves its due value.” Watanabe didn’t care.

Those who achieve great things must be ruthless.

What does a dead daughter mean?

“Bullshit! I’ll kill you!”

Murong Zhenguo’s eyes widened and he suddenly stepped forward and hit Watanabe Xiong with a palm.

Watanabe Yui’s eyes narrowed and he struck out with the same palm.

The iron palms of the two great masters collided in the air.

“boom!”

There was a loud noise all over.

The violent energy exploded instantly, and a wave of Gangqi swept away in all directions with the impact point as the center.

Some unlucky ones who were close were blown away and fell heavily to the ground, vomiting blood.

“Crunch——!”

Watanabe was shaken by a palm and moved more than ten meters. His feet plowed out two deep marks on the ground.

On the other hand, Murong Zhenguo only took two steps back to stabilize his figure.

Which one is strong and which one is weak is clear at a glance.

“Go to hell!”

When Murong Zhenguo was about to take action again, his body suddenly trembled, and with a “wow” sound, he spit out a large mouthful of blood.

The whole person staggered and almost fell.

He was already seriously injured, and just by forcing his luck, he was undoubtedly more injured.

“Hahahahaha…”

Seeing this scene, Watanabe Oo couldn’t help laughing out loud: “Old friend, you are really in trouble.”

Fortunately, the opponent was injured in advance, otherwise he might not have been able to block the slap just now.

“Despicable!”

Murong Zhenguo gritted his teeth and felt the blood surge in his body, making him feel weak.

Chapter 1139

Just now, Watanabe Yui clearly deliberately provoked him and tempted him to attack, thus testing the truth.

Now, he didn’t even have a chance to fight back.

“Old friend, winner and loser, you have lost, and today is the day you die.”

Watanabe Xiong grinned: “But before you die, I want you to watch your descendants being slaughtered!”

As he spoke, he snapped his fingers.

“Swoosh, whoosh, whoosh…”

The next second, a large number of ninjas emerged from the ground.

These ninjas are death warriors carefully cultivated by the Watanabe family, and all of them are masters.

Not only is he powerful, but he is also proficient in the art of assassination.

As soon as he appears, he is like a ghost, making it difficult for people to guard against him.

“Hold them off!”

Murong Zhenguo roared angrily.

The black-clothed killers from the General’s Mansion immediately charged forward with their swords raised, and the two sides soon started fighting.

Although the black-clad killers are few in number, they are more powerful. It is no problem to defeat many with one.

It’s just that there is an endless supply of ninjas from the Golden Crow Kingdom. If you kill one, a second one will immediately appear from the ground.

For a time, the two waves of forces were in a stalemate.

“Stop! Stop it! Otherwise I will kill her!”

At this time, a loud shout sounded.

Watanabe Tianming, who was in the crowd, suddenly walked out grabbing Murong Xue and put a knife on his neck.

“Xue’er?!”

When Murong Zhenguo saw it, his expression immediately changed.

Everyone in the Murong family was also shocked and angry, and cursed.

The explosion just now caused the entire banquet hall to be moved to ruins. The scene was so chaotic that no one noticed Watanabe Tenaki’s movements.

Unexpectedly, this guy hid among the guests, sneaked up, and kidnapped Murong Xue.

Now, even if they want to resist, they will do so with a vengeance.

“Watanabe Tenming! How dare you hold my daughter hostage? Let her go!” Murong Cheng was furious.

The two parties had reached an agreement before and were prepared to deal with Lu Chen together. Unexpectedly, in the blink of an eye, Watanabe Tianming turned his back on him.

“Murong Cheng, please stop pretending to be powerful like a tiger. Your General’s Mansion is at the end of its rope. Now it’s our Watanabe family that has the final say!”

Watanabe Tianming sneered: “Now, tell your people to put down their weapons immediately, otherwise, I will kill her!”

As he spoke, the blade of the knife was raised slightly, directly piercing Murong Xue’s skin.

A trace of blood slowly flowed down the white neck.

“Hahaha… As expected of my grandson, well done!” Watanabe Oo laughed again.

If you forcefully surround and kill, even if you win in the end, the power you have carefully cultivated will suffer heavy losses.

Now that Watanabe Tenmei is threatening hostages, he can conquer the enemy without fighting.

“Why? Aren’t you a friend of brother Gao Chao? Why do you do this?” Murong Xue couldn’t believe it.

“friend?”

Watanabe Tianming smiled, with a hint of sarcasm: “Murong Xue, is there something wrong with your brain? I am from the Golden Crow Kingdom, and you are from the Dragon Kingdom, how can we be friends?”

“Then what happened last night?” Murong Xue was startled.

“Hehehe…Murong Xue, Murong Xue, can’t you see it now? I kidnapped you yesterday to threaten Lu Chen.”

Watanabe Tianming sneered: “It’s just that I didn’t expect that after the truth was revealed, Murong Gaochao would actually speak for me and deliberately slander Lu Chen. I can only say that you people in the Dragon Kingdom are really stubborn and will always only know how to fight in the nest. Because This gave me an opportunity to take advantage of.”

As soon as these words came out, Murong Xue stood stunned on the spot as if she had been struck by lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.