"Dragon Son-in-law" a.k.a. Millionaire Son-in-law, Charlie Wade Story. Translated by Junlee (aka Jungal2000)

Welcome to our community

Looks like you don't have an account yet? Be apart of something great, join today! Create account to get more access like posting, reacting to others helpful post and your own private message Register Or Login

Charlie Wade is a househusband son-in-law whom everyone looks down upon. However, unknown to them, his true identity is that of the young master from a top-tier family. Those who once belittled him will eventually kneel before him, trembling with fear and calling him "Master!" ...

The MC is Charlie Wade, and there's this girl Claire Wilson. They're in this savage clapback novel called "Ultimate Dragon Honcho", penned by this dude Ye Gongzi. Everyone knew Charlie Wade was the son-in-law of the Wilson family. Like, Grandpa Wilson legit pulled this broke boy outta nowhere and made him marry his grand daughter/princess, Claire. But bro's got no skills, no dough 💸, and Claire had to deal with so much BS 'cause of him. He even had the nerve to ask for money during Grandma Wilson's big party, making Claire hella embarrassed 😳. They kicked Charlie Wade out, but then plot twist! 🌀 Some butler dude shows up. Turns out, Charlie Wade's actually from the uber-rich Wade clan. The butler's like, "Come home, fam." But since his parents were, like, done dirty by the Wade fam, he's like "Nah." But he did take his grandpa’s black card loaded with 10 billion. 💳💰 #MicDrop

Author: Charlie Wade
Category: Urban Fiction
Last Updated: October 18, 2023

Last edited:

Alonzo03

Golden Dragon True Form
Oct 4, 2023
Or Raven might successfully get rescued but I know that Charlie will have one more person in his list. Or who knows she might later fall for him.

emeka

First level Tribulator
Sep 19, 2023
CHAPTER 2035 NOT INFERIOR

Raven looked at Rosaria, nodded heavily, tears in her eyes as she choked, "Mom, rest assured, I will definitely come back to see you alive!"

Rosaria touched her face with her only arm, full of affection, and said, "After you go back this time, don't go back to the Salvador family first, stay with Grandma at Grandma's house for a while, and come back after this storm has passed."

Raven agreed, saying, "Mom, take care."

Rosaria whispered, "Don't reveal the fact that I saved you to anyone who was caught with you, because only you can leave this time. If they find out, there might be trouble if they feel wronged."

Raven sighed lightly, "Okay, Mom, I understand."

Rosaria nodded, then reluctantly left.

As for Raven, she was taken back to the prison cell where she was held by the soldiers.

However, at this moment, Raven's heart was full of gratitude towards Virtuoso.

Although she was just a illegitimate daughter, her father Virtuoso couldn't acknowledge her identity, but he was willing to pay such a high price to rescue her, which indeed exceeded Raven's expectations of Virtuoso, and also deeply touched her.

Originally, she was prepared to be sentenced to death, but after seeing her mother Rosaria, she once again ignited hope for her future.

In the evening at ten o'clock on the Eastcliff time.

Charlie's family in front of the TV was watching the Spring Festival Gala.

Claire's emotions seemed a bit excited, saying to Charlie, "The program list posted online says that Haidee's solo will be in the prime time of ten ten soon!"

Charlie nodded, also feeling a bit of anticipation.

Although knowing that Haidee was a big star, he hadn't really watched any TV shows or listened to songs she sang.

This is mainly due to Charlie's personality, he doesn't have much demand in entertainment, so naturally he doesn't care about the entertainment industry.

However, he naturally cared more about Haidee, after all, she was his childhood buddy who grew up together, and also the fiancee set by his parents at that time.

So, he and Claire were waiting with anticipation in front of the TV, looking forward to Haidee's appearance.

The timing of the Spring Festival Gala was almost impeccable. At ten ten, the host smiled and said, "It is said that the taste of first love is the most beautiful feeling in life. Next, the versatile superstar Haidee will bring us her new single 'First Love'."

Then, Haidee, wearing an elegant evening gown, stepped onto the stunning stage.

Claire, excitedly said, "Wow! Haidee looks so beautiful in this outfit!"

Charlie also couldn't help but nod in agreement.

On the TV screen, Haidee deliberately pinned her long hair gently behind her head, more dignified than before, and a bit more charming.

Elaine looked at Haidee and couldn't help but sigh, "Oh, this girl is indeed beautiful! Much more beautiful than those female celebrities!"

She added somewhat regretfully, "In fact, with Claire's looks, she could also enter the entertainment industry and become a big star. Even compared to this Haidee, Claire is not inferior."

Claire smiled, "Mom, you are overpraising me. How can I be a star? I don't have the acting skills, or the singing voice."
this Elaine will soon find out about Charlie secret 😂😂

Alonzo03

Golden Dragon True Form
Oct 4, 2023
What gains will he get. If he wants to get at virtuoso. He should go and pour his anger at him and leave the poor Raven
Raven already has him in her list because she already suspect he has a hand in her arrest. Charlie doesn't know if she is an offspring of virtuoso but believes she is an henchman. Losing both his parents is a huge pain if you understand. He will not kill raven but he will never allow virtuoso to live comfortable. They took away his own happiness. That's why he is upset with himself for saving Camila and co, whatever could have happened to them if he hadn't interfered would also allow virtuoso to experience the pain and suffering he had caused others.

Junlee (aka 'Jungal2000')

Immortal Great Grandmaster - Dragon
Staff member
Sep 4, 2023
CHAPTER 2036 FRONT-ROW TICKETS

Elaine said seriously: "What does it matter? Nowadays, being a star doesn't require acting skills or vocal talent, just being good-looking is enough! Look at those popular celebrities, tone-deaf but still releasing albums, unable to speak fluently but still acting in movies, why? Simply because they're good-looking!"

Claire helplessly shook her head: "Mom, please wait, let me finish watching the program."

Elaine couldn't resist adding: "Claire, what Mom said is sincere, Mom thinks you're really fine."

At this moment, Haidee began to sing.

The moment she started singing, Elaine couldn't help but exclaim: "Wow! This girl's voice is really amazing!"

Claire hastily gestured: "Mom, please don't speak!"

Charlie was also surprised by Haidee's voice. Although she appeared to be just an idol-type celebrity, when she sang, she demonstrated exceptional singing skills, definitely at a professional level.

The song was melodious and refreshing, reminiscent of the legendary song sung by the former queen.

Charlie couldn't help but get immersed in it.

Five minutes later, after Haidee finished singing, Charlie was still immersed in the wonderful atmosphere created by her voice.

Claire's eyes were red from listening, unconsciously applauding and sighing, "Haidee's singing is really amazing! This song can really move people!"

She then turned to Charlie and said, "Honey, Haidee will have a concert in Aurous Hill soon, will you accompany me to go see it?"

Upon hearing this, Charlie couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Haidee did invite him to her concert, but if he went with Claire, it just didn't feel quite right.

He couldn't help but lament, "Although I never considered divorcing Claire or fulfilling the engagement my parents arranged with me and Maria, I don't have the heart to take Claire to see Maria's concert, it would be somewhat unfair to Maria."

Just as Charlie hesitated, Claire couldn't help but act coquettishly, "Honey, just accompany me once, please, pretty please."

She added, "When the time comes, I'll try to get tickets. If I can't get them, I'll buy from scalpers. You don't need to worry about anything, just show up on the day!"

Upon hearing this, Charlie knew that Claire was determined to attend Haidee's concert, and even if he didn't agree, she would still go.

Moreover, he had already promised Haidee to attend her concert, so he couldn't break his word.

In this situation, he could only agree.

So, he said to Claire, "My dear, don't worry, I'll definitely accompany you."

He added, "Oh, and about the tickets, you don't need to worry about getting them, I visited Miss Snow's house last time to check the Feng Shui, she should be willing to give us face, so it shouldn't be a problem to ask her for two front-row tickets."

Claire asked excitedly, "Honey, are you serious? Can you really get front-row tickets from Miss Snow? The front-row tickets for her concert are highly sought after, usually not available to the public. When scalpers sell them, the prices are marked up several times, even tens of times. Once, at a concert in Eastcliff, front-row tickets were sold for a hundred thousand each, comparable to the legendary Queen back then!"

Charlie smiled and said, "Miss Snow is quite generous, I believe she will definitely give us this favor."

Overjoyed, Claire said, "That's wonderful! Thank you for supporting my idol chasing career, honey!"

Charlie couldn't help but sigh inwardly. Just then, his phone received a WeChat message from Haidee: "Brother Charlie, are you watching my performance on TV?"

CHAPTER 2037 FIRST LOVE

The Spring Festival Gala is broadcast live to the 1.4 billion audience nationwide, so Charlie's family had just finished watching Haidee's performance on TV, and Haidee had just finished her show and arrived backstage.

At this moment, she was too busy to change her clothes, so she quickly sent a WeChat message to Charlie.

What she cared most about was Charlie's opinion on her performance.

Originally, the Spring Festival Gala production team wanted her to sing another hit song, a song about friendship.

Haidee had already promised the production team to sing that song, but after meeting Charlie again, she had the idea of changing the song.

So she negotiated with the production team and expressed her wish to change the song.

At first, the Spring Festival Gala production team was very reluctant.

This was mainly because the Spring Festival Gala performance has always been very meticulous and cautious, and changing the song at the last minute had almost never happened.

However, Haidee had been trying hard to fight for it, and in the end, the production team saw that she really wanted to sing the song today, so they had to compromise.

Haidee chose to sing the song "First Love" today because she wanted Charlie to hear it.

In this song, there is a lyric that she wrote specifically for Charlie. That lyric is: "Since I saw you for the first time, you have deeply engraved yourself in my heart. I crossed the sea of people, traveled far and wide to find you, just to tell you, this life, I will never leave you again.”

Where couldn't Charlie feel the affection in Haidee's song?

But he could only pretend not to know and replied to Haidee: "I watched your performance, it was amazing! You sang very well!"

Haidee, overjoyed, sent a message saying: "Charlie, this song was written for you."

Charlie asked in surprise: "You wrote this song yourself?"

"Yes," Haidee said, "I am the lyricist and composer, how about that?"

Charlie replied with a thumbs-up emoji, praising: "I never thought that you not only sing well but also write songs yourself, that's impressive!"

Haidee sent a playful emoji sticking out its tongue and said: "I learned the piano with my mother when I was little, then I would hum while playing the piano, gradually tried to write a few songs, and after publishing them, the response was quite good, so I wrote more and more."

Charlie sincerely praised: "You are truly amazing! Unparalleled!"

Haidee was content and said: "Charlie, this song was specifically written for you a few years ago. At that time, I hadn't found you yet, so the lyrics were a different version. After meeting you, I made some adjustments to the lyrics, which resulted in the current version."

Touched in his heart, Charlie replied: "Thank you, Maria, thank you for always remembering me, and thank you for all you have done for me over the years."

Haidee sent a shy expression and said: "It's all expected, after all, I have been your childhood 'bride-to-be'."

Charlie was momentarily speechless.

Being promised in marriage since childhood, being called a 'bride-to-be' was not an exaggeration.

At this moment, Haidee sent another message: "Charlie, I won't chat with you any longer now, my parents are waiting for me at home to have the New Year's Eve dinner, and then we will stay up together. I have to go now."

Charlie understood that every actor participating in the Spring Festival Gala was not easy, they all performed on New Year's Eve, if they were local, it would be relatively easier, after the performance here, they would immediately change clothes and rush back home to celebrate with their families.

Some out-of-town actors were more sentimental, as they could only spend the holiday alone in a different place in order to participate in the Spring Festival Gala.

CHAPTER 2038 THE FOUNDATION OF LOVE

Fortunately, Haidee's home is in Eastcliff, and the timing of her performance is very good. By rushing back now, she still has not missed New Year's Eve, and can stay up till midnight with her family.

So Charlie replied to her: "You should go back quickly to be with uncle and aunt, give them my regards, wishing them and you a Happy New Year!"

Haidee also replied: "Thank you, Brother Charlie, and I wish you a Happy New Year too!"

Afterwards, Charlie put away his phone and focused on watching the Spring Festival Gala with his wife Claire.

As it approached midnight, Jacob sighed with emotion: "Ah, although the ban on setting off firecrackers is environmentally friendly now, it does take away some of the traditional New Year atmosphere, what a pity."

"Yes," Claire, beside him, also lamented: "I used to love the smell of gunpowder from the firecrackers during my childhood, but now I rarely have the chance to experience it."

Charlie suggested: "Although firecrackers are not allowed in the city area, they are still permitted in the outskirts. Would you like to go to the outskirts to celebrate with firecrackers?"

Claire's eyes lit up, but then dimmed as she shook her head: "Forget it, everyone is celebrating at home at this time during the Spring Festival. Where would we find firecrackers?"

Charlie thought for a moment, then messaged Isaac, asking him: "Old Isaac, do you have any firework stocks in Shangri-La?"

Isaac immediately replied: "Yes, Young Master, do you need them?"

"Yes," Charlie said: "My wife wants to go to the outskirts to set off fireworks."

Isaac hastened to say: "Let me deliver them to you."

"No need," Charlie said: "Enjoy your festival, I don't want to bother you and your family. I'll drive over and pick them up. Is there someone on duty at Shangri-La tonight?"

"Yes, Young Master," Isaac said: "Shangri-La operates 24 hours a day, and there is always someone on duty."

"Great, tell the person on duty to expect me, I'll be driving over to collect them," Charlie said.

Isaac was touched by Charlie's gesture and suggested: "Young Master, why don't I have the person on duty bring them to you? They are paid triple for working on the festival."

Charlie replied: "It's fine, it's the New Year, I don't want to trouble anyone. I'll drive over myself. It's not rush hour, so it will only take about ten minutes."

Isaac, resigned, said: "Alright, Young Master, I'll inform the team below, you can come collect them anytime."

After confirming with Isaac, Charlie said to Claire: "Wife, I'll be back in a moment, wait here for me."

Claire hurriedly held his hand and earnestly said: "Honey, don't go out and cause trouble. Just stay home and watch TV, whether we set off fireworks or not doesn't matter."

Charlie smiled slightly and affectionately said: "It's okay, you wait here, I'll be back soon."

With that, he got up, took Claire's car keys, and stepped out of the house.

Claire wanted to stop him, but seeing him walk quickly, he was already out the door in the blink of an eye. She could only sigh helplessly and told him: "Drive slowly, no need to rush!"

Charlie's voice came from outside the door: "Alright, wife, I got it!"

Seeing Charlie leave, Elaine couldn't help but sigh: "Claire, let me speak from the heart, Charlie is truly good to you."

Then, Elaine added with emotion: "In the past, I always thought Charlie was not ambitious enough, not up to your standards. I thought you should marry a rich young man from a wealthy family to be truly satisfied. But now I finally understand, the most important thing in marriage is actually the foundation of love. It's not about money, it's about how he treasures you, that's the key to your happiness."

Charlie Claire Reminder: Please collect after reading, it will be more convenient to continue reading.

CHAPTER 2039 HAPPY NEW YEAR

Charlie drove straight to Shangri-La, where Isaac's men were waiting at the gate with a handcart.

Seeing Charlie arrive, one of them quickly approached, respectfully saying, "Master Wade, Mr. Isaac asked me to prepare some fireworks for you. Shall I help you load them onto the car?"

Charlie nodded, opened the trunk, and said, "Thank you for your hard work."

The man waved his hand, saying, "You're too kind, Master Wade. This is what I should do."

After that, he packed several large boxes of fireworks into the BMW's trunk.

Charlie thanked him and drove back while calling Claire, asking her and her in-laws to prepare to join him directly in the car to find a place where they could set off fireworks and firecrackers to experience the festive atmosphere.

Claire was delighted, changing into thick down jackets with her parents and arriving early at the entrance of Thomson Elite, waiting.

As soon as Charlie's car arrived, the family of three got into the car.

Claire asked Charlie, "Honey, where should we set off the firecrackers?"

Charlie smiled and replied, "As long as it's not within the city limits, anywhere is fine. You can think of a specific spot."

At this moment, Jacob suggested, "How about going to the riverside! The view is beautiful, and when the fireworks go off, they will reflect on the river, creating a more artistic atmosphere!"

Claire chuckled, "Dad has a great idea! Let's go to the riverside!"

Jacob quickly added, "I know of a nice place with a long embankment by the river!"

As Charlie listened to his wife and father-in-law discussing the riverside, he suddenly thought of Sarah from the Walker family.

Previously, when Sarah sent him home, they passed by the Yangtze River, where she suggested they take a walk together by the river.

Without much thought, he readily agreed.

What he didn't expect was that after their walk by the river and returning, Sarah dropped him off at the entrance of Thomson Elite Villa, where she took the initiative to kiss him in the car.

That scene still lingered in Charlie's memory, sometimes evoking a different kind of warmth.

Lost in his thoughts, Charlie followed Jacob's directions, driving all the way to the banks of the Yangtze River.

To his surprise, the marshland his father-in-law led them to was the same place where Sarah had taken him before.

Since it was New Year's Eve, there weren't many people around.

Charlie parked the car, and together with his father-in-law, they carried several boxes of fireworks to the riverside.

On a concrete embankment, Charlie arranged the fireworks at intervals.

On the other side, Jacob couldn't contain his excitement and set off two strings of firecrackers in a row.

The festive firecracker sounds echoed by the riverside, instantly bringing a sense of the New Year.

After the firecrackers burned out, Charlie said to Claire, "Claire, I'm going to start setting off the fireworks!"

Claire immediately took out her phone, excitedly saying, "Honey, wait a moment, let me open the video recording!"

"Okay!"

Once Claire opened the video recording function on her phone, Charlie lit the fireworks' fuses.

The colorful fireworks soared into the sky, exploding magnificently above the river's surface, reflecting their beautiful colors in the sky, with Claire already dancing with joy.

As each set of fireworks burned out, Charlie quickly lit the next, followed by the third set, and the fourth set.

By the time all the fireworks burnt out, Claire's cheeks were flushed with excitement!

It had been a long time since she had experienced the joy of setting off fireworks and firecrackers on New Year's Eve, so at this moment, she was as excited as a child.

Jacob and Elaine were also delighted. This Lunar New Year held extraordinary significance for this family of four.

And this New Year's Eve was so perfect that it brought them an unparalleled sense of happiness.

Midnight on New Year's Eve.

Also, midnight on New Year's Day.

Charlie set off the last set of fireworks, and Jacob ignited the last string of firecrackers.

With her hands by her mouth, Claire shouted, "Honey, parents, Happy New Year!"

CHAPTER 2040 INCENSE BURNER

Elaine, leaning on crutches, also excitedly shouted, "Happy New Year!"

Jacob looked up at the fireworks, the gorgeous colors reflecting on his face, which already had many wrinkles, showing a look of happiness.

At this moment, Jacob couldn't help but think of Merit.

This was also the first Spring Festival Merit celebrated after returning to the country after over twenty years.

Jacob quietly took out his phone and sent a WeChat message to Merit, the WeChat message only had six words: "Merit, Happy New Year!"

Charlie's phone was bombarded with WeChat notifications at this moment.

Many people sent him New Year blessings at this moment, he didn't have the energy to reply to each one, so he posted a message on his moments: "Wishing all relatives and friends a Happy New Year!"

On this night, the whole Aurous Hill was lit up.

Charlie's family of four even played by the river until one in the morning before driving back.

The vast majority of people were immersed in the unique happiness of the New Year, except for Madam Wilson's family, who were still struggling with hunger.

During the day, Verity somehow found an old 21-inch color TV. This kind of old TV, even if it's intact, can only sell for a few dozen dollars at most, and most people rarely bother to give it a second look.

However, for Verity and her two companions, this old broken TV allowed them to watch the entire Spring Festival Gala and brought them great satisfaction and happiness.

As they watched TV, they ate all the New Year's Eve dinner they had prepared, not even leaving a drop of soup.

After the three finished eating in the living room, they even brought the TV back to Verity's room.

The reason being, not letting Madam Wilson's family take advantage of them in any way.

Madam Wilson and Wendy had been thinking about the rice in the incense burner, so they endured starvation until after one o'clock, finally making Verity and her two friends fall asleep.

After they fell asleep, they began to prepare porridge.

The rice in the incense burner had a lot of incense ash, making it not look good, but Madam Wilson and Wendy, who were starving, didn't care at all.

Without saying a word, they quickly took the incense burner into the kitchen, washed the rice, and immediately cooked porridge.

There was about a pound of rice in the incense burner, which was all cooked into a large pot of porridge.

When Madam Wilson and Wendy had just finished cooking the rice porridge, they each drank a bowl.

Then, feeling still hungry, they each drank another bowl.

Feeling bland, they secretly added salt and soy sauce bought by Verity into the rice porridge.

Verity tried everything to not give Madam Wilson any obvious advantage, but no matter how much she calculated, she never expected Madam Wilson to think about the rice in her incense burner, as well as her salt and soy sauce.

The next morning.

New Year's Day.

Claire, who had gone out to play last night, was somewhat tired and hadn't gotten up yet.

Charlie had already woken up and made himself a cup of tea in the downstairs living room.

With nothing to do, he casually browsed his moments, besides the New Year greetings from everyone, he also saw a post by Sarah.

"Departing for Japan today, the estimated duration is one week, during this time, please contact Mr. Ryan Walker for any Aurous Hill-related matters."

Charlie was somewhat surprised, never expecting Sarah to go to Japan on New Year's Day.

At the same time, next door in A04.

Verity and her two friends got up early, even though today was New Year's Day, they still had to go to work at the supermarket to earn money.

The first thing Verity did when she got up was to intend to light three incense sticks for the portrait of Buddha, asking for blessings for a peace

Prosper

Five Level Tribulator
Sep 17, 2023
CHAPTER 2036 FRONT-ROW TICKETS

Elaine said seriously: "What does it matter? Nowadays, being a star doesn't require acting skills or vocal talent, just being good-looking is enough! Look at those popular celebrities, tone-deaf but still releasing albums, unable to speak fluently but still acting in movies, why? Simply because they're good-looking!"

Claire helplessly shook her head: "Mom, please wait, let me finish watching the program."

Elaine couldn't resist adding: "Claire, what Mom said is sincere, Mom thinks you're really fine."

At this moment, Haidee began to sing.

The moment she started singing, Elaine couldn't help but exclaim: "Wow! This girl's voice is really amazing!"

Claire hastily gestured: "Mom, please don't speak!"

Charlie was also surprised by Haidee's voice. Although she appeared to be just an idol-type celebrity, when she sang, she demonstrated exceptional singing skills, definitely at a professional level.

The song was melodious and refreshing, reminiscent of the legendary song sung by the former queen.

Charlie couldn't help but get immersed in it.

Five minutes later, after Haidee finished singing, Charlie was still immersed in the wonderful atmosphere created by her voice.

Claire's eyes were red from listening, unconsciously applauding and sighing, "Haidee's singing is really amazing! This song can really move people!"

She then turned to Charlie and said, "Honey, Haidee will have a concert in Aurous Hill soon, will you accompany me to go see it?"

Upon hearing this, Charlie couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Haidee did invite him to her concert, but if he went with Claire, it just didn't feel quite right.

He couldn't help but lament, "Although I never considered divorcing Claire or fulfilling the engagement my parents arranged with me and Maria, I don't have the heart to take Claire to see Maria's concert, it would be somewhat unfair to Maria."

Just as Charlie hesitated, Claire couldn't help but act coquettishly, "Honey, just accompany me once, please, pretty please."

She added, "When the time comes, I'll try to get tickets. If I can't get them, I'll buy from scalpers. You don't need to worry about anything, just show up on the day!"

Upon hearing this, Charlie knew that Claire was determined to attend Haidee's concert, and even if he didn't agree, she would still go.

Moreover, he had already promised Haidee to attend her concert, so he couldn't break his word.

In this situation, he could only agree.

So, he said to Claire, "My dear, don't worry, I'll definitely accompany you."

He added, "Oh, and about the tickets, you don't need to worry about getting them, I visited Miss Snow's house last time to check the Feng Shui, she should be willing to give us face, so it shouldn't be a problem to ask her for two front-row tickets."

Claire asked excitedly, "Honey, are you serious? Can you really get front-row tickets from Miss Snow? The front-row tickets for her concert are highly sought after, usually not available to the public. When scalpers sell them, the prices are marked up several times, even tens of times. Once, at a concert in Eastcliff, front-row tickets were sold for a hundred thousand each, comparable to the legendary Queen back then!"

Charlie smiled and said, "Miss Snow is quite generous, I believe she will definitely give us this favor."

Overjoyed, Claire said, "That's wonderful! Thank you for supporting my idol chasing career, honey!"

Charlie couldn't help but sigh inwardly. Just then, his phone received a WeChat message from Haidee: "Brother Charlie, are you watching my performance on TV?"

CHAPTER 2037 FIRST LOVE

The Spring Festival Gala is broadcast live to the 1.4 billion audience nationwide, so Charlie's family had just finished watching Haidee's performance on TV, and Haidee had just finished her show and arrived backstage.

At this moment, she was too busy to change her clothes, so she quickly sent a WeChat message to Charlie.

What she cared most about was Charlie's opinion on her performance.

Originally, the Spring Festival Gala production team wanted her to sing another hit song, a song about friendship.

Haidee had already promised the production team to sing that song, but after meeting Charlie again, she had the idea of changing the song.

So she negotiated with the production team and expressed her wish to change the song.

At first, the Spring Festival Gala production team was very reluctant.

This was mainly because the Spring Festival Gala performance has always been very meticulous and cautious, and changing the song at the last minute had almost never happened.

However, Haidee had been trying hard to fight for it, and in the end, the production team saw that she really wanted to sing the song today, so they had to compromise.

Haidee chose to sing the song "First Love" today because she wanted Charlie to hear it.

In this song, there is a lyric that she wrote specifically for Charlie. That lyric is: "Since I saw you for the first time, you have deeply engraved yourself in my heart. I crossed the sea of people, traveled far and wide to find you, just to tell you, this life, I will never leave you again.”

Where couldn't Charlie feel the affection in Haidee's song?

But he could only pretend not to know and replied to Haidee: "I watched your performance, it was amazing! You sang very well!"

Haidee, overjoyed, sent a message saying: "Charlie, this song was written for you."

Charlie asked in surprise: "You wrote this song yourself?"

"Yes," Haidee said, "I am the lyricist and composer, how about that?"

Charlie replied with a thumbs-up emoji, praising: "I never thought that you not only sing well but also write songs yourself, that's impressive!"

Haidee sent a playful emoji sticking out its tongue and said: "I learned the piano with my mother when I was little, then I would hum while playing the piano, gradually tried to write a few songs, and after publishing them, the response was quite good, so I wrote more and more."

Charlie sincerely praised: "You are truly amazing! Unparalleled!"

Haidee was content and said: "Charlie, this song was specifically written for you a few years ago. At that time, I hadn't found you yet, so the lyrics were a different version. After meeting you, I made some adjustments to the lyrics, which resulted in the current version."

Touched in his heart, Charlie replied: "Thank you, Maria, thank you for always remembering me, and thank you for all you have done for me over the years."

Haidee sent a shy expression and said: "It's all expected, after all, I have been your childhood 'bride-to-be'."

Charlie was momentarily speechless.

Being promised in marriage since childhood, being called a 'bride-to-be' was not an exaggeration.

At this moment, Haidee sent another message: "Charlie, I won't chat with you any longer now, my parents are waiting for me at home to have the New Year's Eve dinner, and then we will stay up together. I have to go now."

Charlie understood that every actor participating in the Spring Festival Gala was not easy, they all performed on New Year's Eve, if they were local, it would be relatively easier, after the performance here, they would immediately change clothes and rush back home to celebrate with their families.

Some out-of-town actors were more sentimental, as they could only spend the holiday alone in a different place in order to participate in the Spring Festival Gala.

CHAPTER 2038 THE FOUNDATION OF LOVE

Fortunately, Haidee's home is in Eastcliff, and the timing of her performance is very good. By rushing back now, she still has not missed New Year's Eve, and can stay up till midnight with her family.

So Charlie replied to her: "You should go back quickly to be with uncle and aunt, give them my regards, wishing them and you a Happy New Year!"

Haidee also replied: "Thank you, Brother Charlie, and I wish you a Happy New Year too!"

Afterwards, Charlie put away his phone and focused on watching the Spring Festival Gala with his wife Claire.

As it approached midnight, Jacob sighed with emotion: "Ah, although the ban on setting off firecrackers is environmentally friendly now, it does take away some of the traditional New Year atmosphere, what a pity."

"Yes," Claire, beside him, also lamented: "I used to love the smell of gunpowder from the firecrackers during my childhood, but now I rarely have the chance to experience it."

Charlie suggested: "Although firecrackers are not allowed in the city area, they are still permitted in the outskirts. Would you like to go to the outskirts to celebrate with firecrackers?"

Claire's eyes lit up, but then dimmed as she shook her head: "Forget it, everyone is celebrating at home at this time during the Spring Festival. Where would we find firecrackers?"

Charlie thought for a moment, then messaged Isaac, asking him: "Old Isaac, do you have any firework stocks in Shangri-La?"

Isaac immediately replied: "Yes, Young Master, do you need them?"

"Yes," Charlie said: "My wife wants to go to the outskirts to set off fireworks."

Isaac hastened to say: "Let me deliver them to you."

"No need," Charlie said: "Enjoy your festival, I don't want to bother you and your family. I'll drive over and pick them up. Is there someone on duty at Shangri-La tonight?"

"Yes, Young Master," Isaac said: "Shangri-La operates 24 hours a day, and there is always someone on duty."

"Great, tell the person on duty to expect me, I'll be driving over to collect them," Charlie said.

Isaac was touched by Charlie's gesture and suggested: "Young Master, why don't I have the person on duty bring them to you? They are paid triple for working on the festival."

Charlie replied: "It's fine, it's the New Year, I don't want to trouble anyone. I'll drive over myself. It's not rush hour, so it will only take about ten minutes."

Isaac, resigned, said: "Alright, Young Master, I'll inform the team below, you can come collect them anytime."

After confirming with Isaac, Charlie said to Claire: "Wife, I'll be back in a moment, wait here for me."

Claire hurriedly held his hand and earnestly said: "Honey, don't go out and cause trouble. Just stay home and watch TV, whether we set off fireworks or not doesn't matter."

Charlie smiled slightly and affectionately said: "It's okay, you wait here, I'll be back soon."

With that, he got up, took Claire's car keys, and stepped out of the house.

Claire wanted to stop him, but seeing him walk quickly, he was already out the door in the blink of an eye. She could only sigh helplessly and told him: "Drive slowly, no need to rush!"

Charlie's voice came from outside the door: "Alright, wife, I got it!"

Seeing Charlie leave, Elaine couldn't help but sigh: "Claire, let me speak from the heart, Charlie is truly good to you."

Then, Elaine added with emotion: "In the past, I always thought Charlie was not ambitious enough, not up to your standards. I thought you should marry a rich young man from a wealthy family to be truly satisfied. But now I finally understand, the most important thing in marriage is actually the foundation of love. It's not about money, it's about how he treasures you, that's the key to your happiness."

Charlie Claire Reminder: Please collect after reading, it will be more convenient to continue reading.

CHAPTER 2039 HAPPY NEW YEAR

Charlie drove straight to Shangri-La, where Isaac's men were waiting at the gate with a handcart.

Seeing Charlie arrive, one of them quickly approached, respectfully saying, "Master Wade, Mr. Isaac asked me to prepare some fireworks for you. Shall I help you load them onto the car?"

Charlie nodded, opened the trunk, and said, "Thank you for your hard work."

The man waved his hand, saying, "You're too kind, Master Wade. This is what I should do."

After that, he packed several large boxes of fireworks into the BMW's trunk.

Charlie thanked him and drove back while calling Claire, asking her and her in-laws to prepare to join him directly in the car to find a place where they could set off fireworks and firecrackers to experience the festive atmosphere.

Claire was delighted, changing into thick down jackets with her parents and arriving early at the entrance of Thomson Elite, waiting.

As soon as Charlie's car arrived, the family of three got into the car.

Claire asked Charlie, "Honey, where should we set off the firecrackers?"

Charlie smiled and replied, "As long as it's not within the city limits, anywhere is fine. You can think of a specific spot."

At this moment, Jacob suggested, "How about going to the riverside! The view is beautiful, and when the fireworks go off, they will reflect on the river, creating a more artistic atmosphere!"

Claire chuckled, "Dad has a great idea! Let's go to the riverside!"

Jacob quickly added, "I know of a nice place with a long embankment by the river!"

As Charlie listened to his wife and father-in-law discussing the riverside, he suddenly thought of Sarah from the Walker family.

Previously, when Sarah sent him home, they passed by the Yangtze River, where she suggested they take a walk together by the river.

Without much thought, he readily agreed.

What he didn't expect was that after their walk by the river and returning, Sarah dropped him off at the entrance of Thomson Elite Villa, where she took the initiative to kiss him in the car.

That scene still lingered in Charlie's memory, sometimes evoking a different kind of warmth.

Lost in his thoughts, Charlie followed Jacob's directions, driving all the way to the banks of the Yangtze River.

To his surprise, the marshland his father-in-law led them to was the same place where Sarah had taken him before.

Since it was New Year's Eve, there weren't many people around.

Charlie parked the car, and together with his father-in-law, they carried several boxes of fireworks to the riverside.

On a concrete embankment, Charlie arranged the fireworks at intervals.

On the other side, Jacob couldn't contain his excitement and set off two strings of firecrackers in a row.

The festive firecracker sounds echoed by the riverside, instantly bringing a sense of the New Year.

After the firecrackers burned out, Charlie said to Claire, "Claire, I'm going to start setting off the fireworks!"

Claire immediately took out her phone, excitedly saying, "Honey, wait a moment, let me open the video recording!"

"Okay!"

Once Claire opened the video recording function on her phone, Charlie lit the fireworks' fuses.

The colorful fireworks soared into the sky, exploding magnificently above the river's surface, reflecting their beautiful colors in the sky, with Claire already dancing with joy.

As each set of fireworks burned out, Charlie quickly lit the next, followed by the third set, and the fourth set.

By the time all the fireworks burnt out, Claire's cheeks were flushed with excitement!

It had been a long time since she had experienced the joy of setting off fireworks and firecrackers on New Year's Eve, so at this moment, she was as excited as a child.

Jacob and Elaine were also delighted. This Lunar New Year held extraordinary significance for this family of four.

And this New Year's Eve was so perfect that it brought them an unparalleled sense of happiness.

Midnight on New Year's Eve.

Also, midnight on New Year's Day.

Charlie set off the last set of fireworks, and Jacob ignited the last string of firecrackers.

With her hands by her mouth, Claire shouted, "Honey, parents, Happy New Year!"

CHAPTER 2040 INCENSE BURNER

Elaine, leaning on crutches, also excitedly shouted, "Happy New Year!"

Jacob looked up at the fireworks, the gorgeous colors reflecting on his face, which already had many wrinkles, showing a look of happiness.

At this moment, Jacob couldn't help but think of Merit.

This was also the first Spring Festival Merit celebrated after returning to the country after over twenty years.

Jacob quietly took out his phone and sent a WeChat message to Merit, the WeChat message only had six words: "Merit, Happy New Year!"

Charlie's phone was bombarded with WeChat notifications at this moment.

Many people sent him New Year blessings at this moment, he didn't have the energy to reply to each one, so he posted a message on his moments: "Wishing all relatives and friends a Happy New Year!"

On this night, the whole Aurous Hill was lit up.

Charlie's family of four even played by the river until one in the morning before driving back.

The vast majority of people were immersed in the unique happiness of the New Year, except for Madam Wilson's family, who were still struggling with hunger.

During the day, Verity somehow found an old 21-inch color TV. This kind of old TV, even if it's intact, can only sell for a few dozen dollars at most, and most people rarely bother to give it a second look.

However, for Verity and her two companions, this old broken TV allowed them to watch the entire Spring Festival Gala and brought them great satisfaction and happiness.

As they watched TV, they ate all the New Year's Eve dinner they had prepared, not even leaving a drop of soup.

After the three finished eating in the living room, they even brought the TV back to Verity's room.

The reason being, not letting Madam Wilson's family take advantage of them in any way.

Madam Wilson and Wendy had been thinking about the rice in the incense burner, so they endured starvation until after one o'clock, finally making Verity and her two friends fall asleep.

After they fell asleep, they began to prepare porridge.

The rice in the incense burner had a lot of incense ash, making it not look good, but Madam Wilson and Wendy, who were starving, didn't care at all.

Without saying a word, they quickly took the incense burner into the kitchen, washed the rice, and immediately cooked porridge.

There was about a pound of rice in the incense burner, which was all cooked into a large pot of porridge.

When Madam Wilson and Wendy had just finished cooking the rice porridge, they each drank a bowl.

Then, feeling still hungry, they each drank another bowl.

Feeling bland, they secretly added salt and soy sauce bought by Verity into the rice porridge.

Verity tried everything to not give Madam Wilson any obvious advantage, but no matter how much she calculated, she never expected Madam Wilson to think about the rice in her incense burner, as well as her salt and soy sauce.

The next morning.

New Year's Day.

Claire, who had gone out to play last night, was somewhat tired and hadn't gotten up yet.

Charlie had already woken up and made himself a cup of tea in the downstairs living room.

With nothing to do, he casually browsed his moments, besides the New Year greetings from everyone, he also saw a post by Sarah.

"Departing for Japan today, the estimated duration is one week, during this time, please contact Mr. Ryan Walker for any Aurous Hill-related matters."

Charlie was somewhat surprised, never expecting Sarah to go to Japan on New Year's Day.

At the same time, next door in A04.

Verity and her two friends got up early, even though today was New Year's Day, they still had to go to work at the supermarket to earn money.

The first thing Verity did when she got up was to intend to light three incense sticks for the portrait of Buddha, asking for blessings for a peace
Madam Wilson is going to be in trouble very soon. Verity, deal with them very well.

Staff member
Sep 4, 2023
CHAPTER 2041 VIRTUOUS DEED

Madam Wilson finally had a satisfying meal and a good night's sleep.

However, early in the morning, the door was kicked open by an enraged Verity!

Before Madam Wilson could react, Verity stormed to the bedside and slapped her hard across the face, angrily berating her, "You old hag, how dare you steal the rice from the incense burner I use for the Buddha offerings! Are you still human?"

Dizzy from the slap, Madam Wilson pleaded, "Verity, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to steal from you, I was just so hungry."

Verity, furious, snapped, "Your hunger is your problem, what does it have to do with me? That incense burner is for my Buddha, stealing from it is a great disrespect! If the Buddha brings down punishment, you'll drag me down with you!"

Madam Wilson choked up, "Verity, could you really stand by and watch me, an old lady, starve to death in this house on New Year's? If I do starve here, how could you live with yourself upstairs knowing I died below you?"

Tears streaming, Madam Wilson continued, "Consider it as saving my life. Doesn't the Buddha say, 'To save a life is to build a seven-tier pagoda', this counts as virtuous deed, right?"

Although Verity's expression softened slightly, she still sternly said, "For the Buddha's sake, I can forgive the rice theft, but you must redeem yourself and pay the price!"

Madam Wilson anxiously asked, "Verity, what price do you want me to pay?"

Verity coldly replied, "Today, you will honestly wash clothes for the three of us all day, and I'll act like this never happened!"

Upon hearing this, Madam Wilson begged, "Verity, I was unwell yesterday and couldn't work at the supermarket. That's why I took your rice. Today, I have to go to work, or our family of four will have no income for the day."

"I don't care!" Verity retorted, "Either you wash the clothes or you return the rice you ate. You ate it, you give it back, fill the incense burner with rice!"

Madam Wilson, with a mournful face, admitted, "Verity, I already cooked all the rice. How can I return it now? How about this, I'll go to work at the supermarket today, and once I get paid, I'll buy rice for you. Is that acceptable?"

"No," Verity insisted, "If you choose to return the rice, do it now. Otherwise, go and wash the clothes honestly!"

Threateningly, Verity added, "If you refuse the toast, you'll drink the penalty!"

Understanding Verity was serious, Madam Wilson, feeling helpless, tearfully nodded and said, "Okay, I'll wash them right away."

On New Year's Day, Madam Wilson's family went without rice.

Verity and two others piled up a bunch of dirty laundry and bedding for Madam Wilson, demanding she finish washing everything that day.

Therefore, Madam Wilson had no time to earn money.

Meanwhile, Wendy had to look after the injured Noah and his son Harold, leaving her unable to help.

CHAPTER 2042 TRASH IN THE EYES

No one is making money, so there is no food on the table, and the family can only endure hunger.

Since the kidnapping of Elaine by Noah and Harold, followed by a mistake in kidnapping Marina, the Wilson family of four has all lost weight, living in a miserable condition.

Meanwhile, next door, on New Year's Day, the Charlie family packed up and drove to the hot spring villa given by Isaac to Charlie, planning to relax there for two days.

That night at the hot spring villa, Marina sat in the rundown rental house, looking at a box of dumplings from takeaway with a gloomy face.

Ever since Charlie kept her in Aurous Hill, Marina has been surviving on takeout.

What's even more annoying is that Charlie doesn't allow her to order takeout herself. All takeout is directly ordered and delivered by Orvel's henchmen, and the price of each meal basically doesn't exceed thirty dollars.

These days, Marina has been forced to sample many popular foods she had never eaten in her life.

Like braised chicken rice, shredded pork with green peppers over rice, kung pao diced chicken over rice, and also Lanzhou ramen, Northeastern potato noodles, and donkey meat fire roasted, and so on.

These ordinarily common popular foods appear as trash in the eyes of the Wade family, disgustingly inedible even to smell, let alone eat.

But now, the once proud Marina can only eat this every day.

Yesterday was New Year's Eve, unable to order takeaway, so Orvel's men brought her two boxes of instant noodles, a pack of ham sausages, and two soy sauce eggs.

Watching herself eat this garbage on New Year's Eve, Marina was livid and threatened that if she couldn't eat dumplings on New Year's Day, she would commit suicide on the spot.

Thus, Orvel's men brought her some homemade dumplings.

The dumplings were filled with pork and pickled cabbage because all the henchmen of Orvel were from the Northeast and loved this taste.

However, Marina had always eaten high-class delicacies; the dumplings made by the Wade family never contained pork.

The dumplings most commonly eaten by the Wade family were made of a mixture of top-grade lobster meat, wild yellow croaker fish meat, minced by hand, coupled with shark fin and abalone meat, the cost of eating one dumpling likely higher than an average person's dumplings consumption in a year.

As for pickled cabbage, Marina had never even tasted it from childhood to adulthood.

For a debutante grown in a top-notch family like hers, pickled cabbage, a fermented food, was an absolute taboo that they would never touch. Almost any food requiring fermentation in her eyes equated to poison.

Hence, she took a bite of the pork and pickled cabbage dumpling, immediately spat it out, rinsed her mouth several times to get rid of the taste of pickled cabbage.

Marina angrily opened the door, questioning Orvel's henchman, "What kind of crap dumplings did you bring? Is this what people are supposed to eat?!"

Upon hearing this, the man became furious, speaking with a Northeast accent, rebuking, "You smelly woman, how dare you speak like that? These dumplings were handmade by my mother, out of goodwill I brought you some, and you still talk like this? Do you want a smack?!"

CHAPTER 2043 SOME MCDONALD'S

Orvel's subordinates had no idea about the specifics of Marina.

All they knew was that she was a middle-aged woman tightly controlled by the boss, but they had no clue about her last name, background, or where she came from.

So, when Marina went ballistic over the dumplings that he kindly brought, they felt a mix of annoyance and anger, as if they had fed a ferocious and rabid dog out of goodwill.

Little did Marina expect that a subordinate of Charlie would speak to her in such a tone, which instantly fueled her anger and embarrassment.

Pointing at the man's face, she sternly reprimanded, "Do you know who I am? How dare you speak to me like this?"

The man cursed through gritted teeth, "I don't give a damn who you are! You insulted my mother's dumplings, and I'll slap you until I feel better!"

Mentioning the dumplings only fueled Marina's rage further; she exclaimed, "Do you even have the audacity to bring up the dumplings? Let me ask you, what kind of trash was souring inside your mother's dumplings? The vegetable leaves were rotten and sour, did she have some kind of illness? Is your family that poor?"

The man, a tall Northeasterner well over six feet, turned red with anger, retorting, "You know nothing! That's the most common pickled cabbage we eat in the Northeast! Never seen pickled cabbage before, are you even human?"

Marina arrogantly responded, "Only poor people like you would eat such garbage!"

With that, she took the plate of dumplings and flung it directly at him.

Unperturbed by the dumplings scattered on the ground, she stared at the man and coldly ordered, "I won't eat this trash; go prepare some lobster dumplings for me!"

The man, seeing his hard-working mother's dumplings mocked and flung on the floor, couldn't contain his rage and smacked Marina across the face.

Marina, in disarray from the slap, furiously exclaimed, "How dare you hit me! I'll make you pay!"

Ignoring her, the man replied coldly, "I've already delivered your meal for today, if you're not satisfied, you can wait until tomorrow."

Marina blurted out, "What did you say?! I took one bite of this garbage dumpling and puked it all out!"

The man calmly stated, "That's not my concern; the meal has been delivered, whether you eat it or not is up to you."

Gritting her teeth, Marina said, "I won't eat your dumplings; get me some McDonald's!"

Hearing this, the man angrily retorted, "You truly have no shame! Northeastern pickled cabbage is trash in your eyes, but American McDonald's isn't? You're embarrassing, worshiping Western goods, a disgrace to Chinese people, what a joke!"

With that, he slammed the door shut and locked it from the outside.

Left without a meal, Marina soon became ravenous.

That evening, unable to bear it any longer, she called her father Claudius in Eastcliff, pouring out her frustrations and exaggerating her ordeal in Aurous Hill.

She then pleaded desperately, "Dad, please apply some pressure on Charlie, make him release me soon, I can't take it anymore."

Listening, Claudius calmly said, "Enough, I've already warned you about this; since you've mishandled things, stay obediently in Aurous Hill for a week."

Marina choked up, "Dad, I truly can't bear it anymore, this life is unbearable! I haven't eaten a single thing today; if this continues, I'll lose my mind!"

CHAPTER 2044 NOT A MINUTE LESS

Claudius frowned and questioned, "As a descendant of the Wade family, how can you lack this level of endurance? If you can't even handle these trivial matters, what else can you do?"

With that, Claudius reminded again, "By the way, from now on, you should not have any conflicts with Little Charlie, and especially do not drag things out with him. Little Charlie has agreed to return for the ancestral worship ceremony on Qingming Festival, which will be a good start for him to reintegrate into the Wade family."

Marina angrily questioned, "Dad! Why do you always favor that worthless and disrespectful Little Charlie? He's a poor guy who has been living outside for years, never went to school, what value does he have to our Wade family? If you let him return for the ancestral worship ceremony, he will only bring shame to our Wade family!"

Claudius said coldly, "Little Charlie is still of Wade bloodline, and he also has an engagement with Geraldo's daughter. His potential value to the Wade family is unmatched by anyone now, including you! So stop causing trouble, stay in Aurous Hill for seven days, and behave yourself! You're even picking on a dumpling with pork and sour cabbage, you are really wandering aimlessly!"

After finishing speaking, Claudius hung up the phone abruptly.

On the other end of the phone, Marina naturally shed tears of grievances.

The more she suffered, the more she resented Charlie.

In her eyes, all the hardships and scolding from her father were all because of Charlie.

So, she vowed in her heart to find an opportunity to make Charlie pay!

And this ancestral worship ceremony was the perfect chance!

Thinking of this, Marina murmured to herself, "Charlie! I, Marina, will definitely teach you a painful lesson!"

With that thought, she wiped her tears, opened the door, and apologized to Orvel's subordinate with a remorseful face, "Sir, I was indeed impulsive earlier. I apologize to you, and I hope you can forgive me."

Saying so, she bowed deeply.

Seeing this, the other party naturally softened a bit and said, "Alright, considering your good attitude, let's put this matter behind us!"

Marina was overjoyed and quickly expressed her thanks with a bow, then asked, "Sir, could you please deliver a message to your boss for me?"

At night, Charlie, staying in the hot spring hotel, received a call from Orvel.

On the phone, Orvel said to him, "Master Wade, your aunt asked me to pass on a message to you. She said that she has realized her mistakes deeply in the past few days and wants me to apologize on her behalf, hoping for your forgiveness due to her immaturity."

Charlie responded lightly, "She's the type who would never willingly apologize to me, she must have another motive, right?"

Orvel said, "She mentioned that she hopes you can consider her good attitude and allow her to return to Eastcliff early."

Charlie sneered, "No way! Tell her to stop dreaming. Seven days, not a minute less."

Orvel hurriedly said, "Alright, Master Wade, I will convey this to her."

"Okay." Charlie instructed, "After seven full days, make sure she leaves Aurous Hill immediately, and she is never to return again!"

CHAPTER 2045 STEEL INDUSTRY

The hot spring villa at Shangri-La offers a much better overall living experience than Thomson Elite.

Located on the beautiful mountainside, not only does it boast stunning scenery, but more importantly, it is very peaceful with a considerable distance between each villa, ensuring exceptional privacy.

In addition, despite the total price being roughly half of what Thomson Elite costs, the architectural and courtyard areas at Shangri-La's hot spring villa are much larger.

The high property prices in the city are mainly due to land costs, whereas Shangri-La is situated in the suburbs, resulting in lower land costs.

Claire enjoys the environment here as it has been a long time since she has had the chance to experience such a relaxing and quiet life.

Therefore, the family decided to make the most of the New Year holidays and stay here for a few more days to truly unwind.

Elsa has been persistently inviting Claire and Charlie to visit Eastcliff, but Claire is hesitant. She feels that visiting Eastcliff will inevitably involve more hustle and bustle, and despite how good someone else's home may be, staying there will never be as comfortable and relaxed as being at home.

On the second day of the Lunar New Year, while Charlie and his family were enjoying the holiday at the hot spring villa, Sarah had already begun meetings with senior executives at Nippon Steel in Tokyo.

Walker's venture into the steel manufacturing industry was a careful decision made after much consideration by Sarah.

The steel industry is fundamental to modern industrial development, whether it be light industry, heavy industry, or military industry, all rely on the support of the steel industry.

Walker's family had previously dabbled in the steel industry but had not seized the opportunity to grow and expand.

Now, with Sarah taking over the family business, she aims to elevate the company's industrial scale. Hence, she decided to heavily invest in the steel industry.

The plan is to establish a steel enterprise specializing in special steel smelting in Sea City, a city not too far from Aurous Hill.

Sea City is the same city where Samuel Turner is located.

While Samuel is the richest man in Sea City, his main focus is on real estate and related commercial developments, closely aligned with the development direction and industrial structure of the Wanda Group.

As Sea City is located downstream of the Yangtze River, closer to the sea, shipping is very convenient. Iron ore and iron ore sand purchased from Brazil and Australia can easily be transported to Sea City via large bulk carriers.

The transportation of iron ore is crucial in the steel industry due to the massive demand, hence the necessity for shipping conditions to support and minimize costs. This is why almost all major steel enterprises are situated in coastal cities and along rivers.

Walker's family had invested in a large industrial plot of land in Sea City many years ago, which is now suitable for manufacturing plants. However, the family lacks a strong research and development partner with a wealth of steel patents.

Therefore, Sarah set their sights on collaborating with Nippon Steel from Japan.

Staff member
Sep 4, 2023

CHAPTER 2046 THE COLLABORATION

She decided to adopt a joint venture approach, similar to automotive companies, to introduce Nippon Steel's cutting-edge technology into the steel industry.

FAW-Volkswagen, GAC Honda, Changan Ford, basically all utilized this joint venture approach, and after two or three decades of development, these companies indeed achieved impressive sales results.

Nippon Steel was very interested in this collaboration. Coupled with the Walker Family's strength, land assets, and some experience in the steel industry, it presented a very promising potential partner for Nippon Steel.

Hence, they quickly reached an agreement, leaving only the details of the collaboration to be discussed and determined.

Sarah's idea was for the Walker Family to hold 51% of the shares, with Nippon Steel holding 49%. However, Nippon Steel wanted the opposite – 51% ownership for them, and 49% for the Walker Family.

Although the difference in this tiny proportion may seem insignificant, it decides who ultimately has the say in the company.

The shareholder with 51% ownership is undoubtedly the largest shareholder, holding absolute power over specific company matters.

If this controlling stake were transferred to Nippon Steel, the Walker Family would lose all their dominant position in this collaboration.

At the negotiation table, both parties stuck on this issue, unwilling to back down.

Sarah addressed Nippon Steel's senior executives, saying, "Gentlemen, this collaboration is based on the consistent partnership model of the automotive industry. In our country, the norm for joint ventures between local and overseas automotive companies is for the local enterprise to hold 51% ownership, and the foreign company to hold 49%. The company is established in our country, so it is only fitting for us to have majority control. We hope your company can understand this!"

The discussion with Sarah was handled by Nippon Steel's Vice Chairman, Kazusaki Hashimoto, a part of Nippon Steel's core management.

Hashimoto, at forty years old, was already part of the core management in Japan, a society that highly values seniority. His rapid rise in the company indicated his exceptional skill.

Looking at Sarah, Hashimoto smiled faintly and said, "Miss Walker, I understand the partnership model you referred to in the automotive industry, but such a model isn't suitable for our collaboration this time."

Remaining composed, Sarah inquired, "Mr. Hashimoto, where exactly does this model not align with our collaboration? I'd like to hear more."

Hashimoto chuckled, "Firstly, the automotive industry has numerous leading companies—Toyota, Honda, Nissan in Japan, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen in Germany, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler in the United States, not to mention the Italian brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati. With this competitive landscape, automotive companies often undercut prices to gain traction in the Chinese market."

He continued, his expression turning serious, "But in the steel industry, there are only a few top companies globally. Among the top ten steel enterprises in the world, half rely on large output to rank. Truly possessing core technology in specialty steels are just three or four companies, and in all of Japan, it's only Nippon Steel. As you say, 'scarce items are precious.' For the rarity of our collaboration, Miss Walker, it's normal for you to sacrifice some benefits."

After much consideration, Sarah proposed, "Mr. Hashimoto, regarding the equity, I cannot concede further. The Walker Group must hold 51% of the shares in this collaboration. However, as compensation to Nippon Steel, we can offer a favorable tilt in profit rights. In the future profits generated from our collaboration, Nippon Steel can enjoy 51% of the net profit. How does this sound?"

Without hesitation, Hashimoto shook his head, stating firmly, "Miss Walker, we will not compromise on the equity issue. If we were willing to compromise on this matter, we would have deeply collaborated with your country's other steel enterprises long ago. Why wait until today?"

CHAPTER 2047 CONTROLLING RIGHTS

Sarah knew that the other party's words were not false.

In fact, companies like Nippon Steel, a top-notch steel group, are highly sought after by any country.

Especially their strength in special steel materials is truly top-notch worldwide.

Special steel materials have a wide range of uses, and the more cutting-edge the field, the higher the demand for special steel materials.

For example, the military industry.

The most common gun barrels, cannon barrels have extremely strict requirements for steel materials.

If the material is excellent, the lifespan and accuracy of firearms can reach their best, but if the material is not up to par, the lifespan and accuracy of firearms will naturally suffer.

Some gun barrels, after firing a few thousand times, will wear out to the point of needing replacement.

Some cannon barrels reach the end of their lifespan after firing a few hundred rounds, and if not careful, they may even explode, potentially affecting the battlefield situation and results.

In addition, tanks' armor, helicopters' armor, aircraft carriers' decks, all have extremely high requirements for steel materials.

Therefore, everyone hopes to deepen cooperation with companies like Nippon Steel.

However, Nippon Steel is also very shrewd.

In their external collaborations, not only are they very ambitious, but they are also very cautious about patents and research results.

Even if an agreement is reached, they will not reveal their top-notch results.

At most, they will use some watered-down products to cover the civilian sector, and their cutting-edge military technology is never revealed externally.

In this collaboration with the Walker family, they want absolute control.

They want the Walker family to provide people, money, land, and effort while also following their instructions and doing things under their control.

As long as the Walker family agrees to this condition, they will take a few years to gradually turn the Walker family into their puppet or completely remove them from the picture.

Sarah did not expect that even after offering Nippon Steel an additional two percentage points of profit rights, they still did not agree.

So, she could only grit her teeth and say, "Mr. Hashimoto, I can give Nippon Steel another part of the profit rights. In the future, net profits will be split 55% for Nippon Steel and 45% for the Walker family. How about that?"

Giving up five percentage points in one go was already a significant compromise and concession for Sarah.

She did not expect Mr. Hashimoto to shake his head without hesitation and smile faintly, "Miss Walker, Nippon Steel's requirement is to never give up controlling rights. If you cannot agree to this issue, then it is not necessary for us to continue discussing further."

Sarah suddenly felt very passive.

She couldn't help but think to herself, "Now, I represent the Walker family, taking the initiative to cooperate with Nippon Steel, so they have a firm grip on my attitude, demanding control rights, and not giving in at all. If I continue to persist, perhaps this matter will not be negotiable. If I come back empty-handed this time, all the preparatory work I have done will go down the drain."

CHAPTER 2048 NOT BUDGING AN INCH

"But then again, if I give up controlling rights, it means giving up all autonomy. In the future, almost all major affairs of the company will be decided by Nippon Steel. That would make the Walker family too passive."

Kazusaki saw her expression was somewhat conflicted, and smiled, saying, "Miss Walker, this matter doesn't need to be decided immediately. You can go back and think about it first. We can schedule another time to talk tomorrow, what do you think?"

Sarah hesitated for a moment, then nodded lightly.

She was very clear that in this negotiation, she had no initiative at all.

Continuing in this manner would only make her more and more passive.

It's just like buying things in a shop. If the seller is eager to sell, the buyer has more room to negotiate. For example, if the seller asks for one hundred, the buyer can directly counter with twenty, and even say they'll go to another shop if the seller doesn't agree, and grab the initiative tightly.

But if the seller's mindset is very stable, and the buyer offers twenty, the seller can just say to go look at another shop, then the buyer loses the initiative.

According to normal logic, the buyer can only gradually increase, until the price satisfies the seller. The specific transaction amount depends on the seller's psychological price, which could be fifty, seventy-eight, or even ninety.

However, the seller in front of Sarah was not prepared to make any concessions at all.

His attitude towards Sarah was very tough: "This thing sells for one hundred, not a penny less. If you want ninety-nine, I'm sorry, go look at another shop, or go back and think about it."

At this point, Sarah had no room for negotiation. The only way was to temporarily halt the negotiation, ease the pace, and continue the discussion tomorrow.

So, she nodded, stood up, and said, "Mr. Hashimoto, let's both think about it. If it's convenient for you, I'll come back tomorrow morning."

"No problem!" Kazusaki smiled, stood up and shook hands with Sarah, saying, "Miss Walker, I'll see you out."

After leaving Nippon Steel, Sarah and her assistant got into a rented car and hurried back to the hotel.

At the same time, she sent a message to the family's WeChat group: "Nippon Steel insists on owning 51% of the controlling rights, not budging an inch. Even when I offered to give up the profit rights to 55%, they did not move. I have already left Nippon Steel. Let's organize our negotiation tactics tonight and discuss with them again tomorrow."

Elder Walker immediately sent a voice message: "Nippon Steel has always had a big appetite, but we should not take them too seriously, because I learned some time ago that Nippon Steel is not doing well these days!"

Then, the old master sent another voice message: "Their group has carried out several large investment projects in recent years, but none of them have taken off and have wasted a lot of funds. So, they are under great revenue pressure this year. Although they seem calm on the surface, deep down they are eager to cooperate with us, just wanting to gain more benefits."

Ryan also sent a message: "Sarah, don't be hasty. Find their weaknesses, then press them, and they will surely compromise."

"Okay," the old master also said, "It's already February. They will soon release last year's financial report. If the financial data is not good, not only will the shareholders give them trouble, but the stockholders will also be resentful. In that case, their stock price will inevitably fall. If they can announce cooperation with us before the financial report is released, it will lift the spirits of the shareholders and stockholders."

Sarah replied, "Okay, I'll prepare well after I return to the hotel and talk to them again tomorrow!"

At this moment, Kazusaki's phone suddenly rang.

The caller ID showed that the call was from Aurous Hill, the neighboring country.

At this time, Ryan was in his luxurious duplex apartment in the center of Aurous Hill, listening to the prompts on the cordless phone.

Kazusaki answered the call and said with a smile, "Mr. Walker, you're really quick. Your sister just left, and your call came right after!"

CHAPTER 2049 NO TURNING BACK

At this moment, Ryan gazed at the river outside the window, smiled faintly, and said, "Mr. Hashimoto, I just heard from my sister that the negotiations with you don't seem to be going well."

Kazusaki chuckled, "Your sister has quite a lot on her mind indeed. Sarah to cooperate with our Nippon Steel and also wanting 51% ownership, how is that possible? Despite being a cooperation, the conditions you offered me, Mr. Walker, are much better than hers!"

Ryan said with a smile, "Of course, women tend to be petty in their dealings, making it difficult to reach an agreement. As long as Mr. Hashimoto cooperates with me wholeheartedly, I will transfer 51% of the shares to Nippon Steel, and privately give you, Mr. Hashimoto, additional nine points!"

Kazusaki was somewhat excited, "Mr. Walker, you are truly generous! With this arrangement, you will be left with only 40%!"

Ryan calmly stated, "40% is of no consequence to me. I am not doing this for money, but rather to make a friend in Mr. Hashimoto."

Kazusaki smiled and said, "Mr. Walker is indeed magnanimous! However, I am curious about our chances of success in this matter."

Ryan responded seriously, "As long as you have the ability to keep my sister in Tokyo, the success rate of this matter will be 100%!"

Kazusaki asked, "Mr. Walker, I do not doubt you, but I heard that before your sister inherits the head position of the Walker family, your grandfather has always been the head. If I keep your sister in Tokyo, can you guarantee yourself the position of the head of the Walker family?"

Ryan sneered and replied, "My grandfather is old and has reached an age where he may not be capable. Even if he wishes to reclaim the position of the head, he is more likely to lack the strength."

Continuing, Ryan added, "Moreover, Mr. Hashimoto, rest assured. Once I have made up my mind to do something, there is no turning back. Even if my own relatives stand in my way, I will prioritize justice over family ties. So, as long as you cooperate well with me, I will not disappoint you!"

Kazusaki clicked his tongue, feeling amazed, "Hm, Mr. Walker, you truly have courage and insight. But there's one thing I must clarify upfront."

Ryan hurriedly said, "Please go ahead, Mr. Hashimoto."

Kazusaki stated slowly, "Mr. Walker, I can help you deal with the troubles caused by your sister, but after I resolve them, you must fulfill the promise you made to me. Otherwise, today's conversation recording may end up in the hands of the Walker family or even your country's authorities!"

Ryan replied without hesitation, "Mr. Hashimoto, you can rest assured. After everything is done, I will absolutely fulfill the promise I made to you!"

Kazusaki smirked, "In that case, Mr. Walker, patiently await good news!"

The next day, the third day of the lunar new year.

Sarah arrived early at Nippon Steel to continue negotiations with Kazusaki on cooperation matters.

After returning home yesterday, Sarah pondered all night. In order to secure Nippon Steel, she devised multiple plans for contingency.

Once seated at the negotiation table, Sarah presented her first set of plans.

In this initial plan, she still insisted on 51% ownership but, as a gesture, she was willing to adjust the profit sharing ratio to 40% for Nippon Steel and 60% for five years of collaboration.

In other words, during the first five years, Nippon Steel would receive 60% of the net profit, and after five years, this would be adjusted to 55%.

CHAPTER 2050 50-50

Kazusaki's attitude has changed slightly compared to yesterday.

He no longer outright rejected Sarah's proposal like he did yesterday but engaged in a Tai Chi with her.

He spoke ambiguously about many things, neither agreeing nor refusing, leaving Sarah feeling very helpless with his non-committal attitude.

The discussion between the two continued from morning until near dusk. Sarah had adjusted the profit split for the first five years with Nippon Steel to 65%, but Kazusaki still did not agree.

Sarah had no choice but to reveal her bottom line, saying, "Mr. Hashimoto, it seems that neither of us is willing to compromise on the issue of control. If that's the case, how about this: we each hold 50% of the shares, ensuring 50% voting rights in any situation. All cooperation matters will be equal, and if we can't progress in cooperation, we will divide all remaining assets equally in a 50-50 split!"

Kazusaki frowned and sighed, "Miss Walker, if both parties hold 50% of the shares, it means that no one has the initiative. If there are disputes in the future, how will they be resolved? If no one can make the final decision, won't we fall into a deadlock where neither side yields to the other?"

Sarah said very seriously, "Mr. Hashimoto, if both of us truly want to make the cooperation work, even if there are disagreements, I believe we can resolve them amicably, rather than stubbornly opposing each other. We seek cooperation to do things well. If we can't even agree on this premise, then cooperation will be difficult to continue."

She continued, "So, if you really have the sincerity to cooperate with our Walker Group, a 50-50 split in shares is not a problem, but if you lack this sincerity, even if you have controlling rights, cooperation may not progress."

Kazusaki awkwardly said, "Miss Walker, there is a saying in your country, 'First the villain, then the gentleman.' Since it's cooperation, we must consider all worst-case scenarios first, don't you think?"

Sarah replied, "Mr. Hashimoto, a 50-50 split in shares, with an additional five percentage points in profits for you, is the final bottom line of our Walker Group. If you think we can cooperate, let's continue the discussion. If not, then we'll have to say sorry. So, whether to continue or not, it's up to you."

Kazusaki didn't rush to give Sarah an answer but instead checked the time, showing a slightly eerie smile. He said, "Miss Walker, it's getting late. How about this, I'll discuss your terms with our chairman, and I'll give you a definite answer by tonight at the earliest, tomorrow at the latest. What do you think?"

Sarah hesitated for a moment and said, "Alright, Mr. Hashimoto, I'll wait for your message!"

With that, she stood up, extended her hand to Kazusaki, and politely said, "Mr. Hashimoto, let's return to the hotel for today. If there are any developments, please contact me first."

Kazusaki nodded, saying, "No problem, Miss Walker, rest assured, I'll inform you as soon as possible."

Sarah, along with her assistants, left the Nippon Steel office building.

As she left, Sarah felt very conflicted.

Today, she had laid out her final cards, leaving herself no room for negotiation. If the senior management of Nippon Steel still couldn't agree, her trip to Japan would be in vain.

Upstairs at Nippon Steel,

Kazusaki watched as Sarah's business car left the parking lot below, a cruel smile crossing his lips. He picked up his phone and made a call.

After the call connected, he said with a smile, "Mr. Walker, your sister is about to go crazy because of me. I think the time is right. I can take action tonight. After tonight, your sister will disappear from this world forever!"

Ryan's voice came through the phone, "Haha, Mr. Hashimoto, it's all up to you!"

Prosper

Five Level Tribulator
Sep 17, 2023
CHAPTER 2046 THE COLLABORATION

She decided to adopt a joint venture approach, similar to automotive companies, to introduce Nippon Steel's cutting-edge technology into the steel industry.

FAW-Volkswagen, GAC Honda, Changan Ford, basically all utilized this joint venture approach, and after two or three decades of development, these companies indeed achieved impressive sales results.

Nippon Steel was very interested in this collaboration. Coupled with the Walker Family's strength, land assets, and some experience in the steel industry, it presented a very promising potential partner for Nippon Steel.

Hence, they quickly reached an agreement, leaving only the details of the collaboration to be discussed and determined.

Sarah's idea was for the Walker Family to hold 51% of the shares, with Nippon Steel holding 49%. However, Nippon Steel wanted the opposite – 51% ownership for them, and 49% for the Walker Family.

Although the difference in this tiny proportion may seem insignificant, it decides who ultimately has the say in the company.

The shareholder with 51% ownership is undoubtedly the largest shareholder, holding absolute power over specific company matters.

If this controlling stake were transferred to Nippon Steel, the Walker Family would lose all their dominant position in this collaboration.

At the negotiation table, both parties stuck on this issue, unwilling to back down.

Sarah addressed Nippon Steel's senior executives, saying, "Gentlemen, this collaboration is based on the consistent partnership model of the automotive industry. In our country, the norm for joint ventures between local and overseas automotive companies is for the local enterprise to hold 51% ownership, and the foreign company to hold 49%. The company is established in our country, so it is only fitting for us to have majority control. We hope your company can understand this!"

The discussion with Sarah was handled by Nippon Steel's Vice Chairman, Kazusaki Hashimoto, a part of Nippon Steel's core management.

Hashimoto, at forty years old, was already part of the core management in Japan, a society that highly values seniority. His rapid rise in the company indicated his exceptional skill.

Looking at Sarah, Hashimoto smiled faintly and said, "Miss Walker, I understand the partnership model you referred to in the automotive industry, but such a model isn't suitable for our collaboration this time."

Remaining composed, Sarah inquired, "Mr. Hashimoto, where exactly does this model not align with our collaboration? I'd like to hear more."

Hashimoto chuckled, "Firstly, the automotive industry has numerous leading companies—Toyota, Honda, Nissan in Japan, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen in Germany, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler in the United States, not to mention the Italian brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati. With this competitive landscape, automotive companies often undercut prices to gain traction in the Chinese market."

He continued, his expression turning serious, "But in the steel industry, there are only a few top companies globally. Among the top ten steel enterprises in the world, half rely on large output to rank. Truly possessing core technology in specialty steels are just three or four companies, and in all of Japan, it's only Nippon Steel. As you say, 'scarce items are precious.' For the rarity of our collaboration, Miss Walker, it's normal for you to sacrifice some benefits."

After much consideration, Sarah proposed, "Mr. Hashimoto, regarding the equity, I cannot concede further. The Walker Group must hold 51% of the shares in this collaboration. However, as compensation to Nippon Steel, we can offer a favorable tilt in profit rights. In the future profits generated from our collaboration, Nippon Steel can enjoy 51% of the net profit. How does this sound?"

Without hesitation, Hashimoto shook his head, stating firmly, "Miss Walker, we will not compromise on the equity issue. If we were willing to compromise on this matter, we would have deeply collaborated with your country's other steel enterprises long ago. Why wait until today?"

CHAPTER 2047 CONTROLLING RIGHTS

Sarah knew that the other party's words were not false.

In fact, companies like Nippon Steel, a top-notch steel group, are highly sought after by any country.

Especially their strength in special steel materials is truly top-notch worldwide.

Special steel materials have a wide range of uses, and the more cutting-edge the field, the higher the demand for special steel materials.

For example, the military industry.

The most common gun barrels, cannon barrels have extremely strict requirements for steel materials.

If the material is excellent, the lifespan and accuracy of firearms can reach their best, but if the material is not up to par, the lifespan and accuracy of firearms will naturally suffer.

Some gun barrels, after firing a few thousand times, will wear out to the point of needing replacement.

Some cannon barrels reach the end of their lifespan after firing a few hundred rounds, and if not careful, they may even explode, potentially affecting the battlefield situation and results.

In addition, tanks' armor, helicopters' armor, aircraft carriers' decks, all have extremely high requirements for steel materials.

Therefore, everyone hopes to deepen cooperation with companies like Nippon Steel.

However, Nippon Steel is also very shrewd.

In their external collaborations, not only are they very ambitious, but they are also very cautious about patents and research results.

Even if an agreement is reached, they will not reveal their top-notch results.

At most, they will use some watered-down products to cover the civilian sector, and their cutting-edge military technology is never revealed externally.

In this collaboration with the Walker family, they want absolute control.

They want the Walker family to provide people, money, land, and effort while also following their instructions and doing things under their control.

As long as the Walker family agrees to this condition, they will take a few years to gradually turn the Walker family into their puppet or completely remove them from the picture.

Sarah did not expect that even after offering Nippon Steel an additional two percentage points of profit rights, they still did not agree.

So, she could only grit her teeth and say, "Mr. Hashimoto, I can give Nippon Steel another part of the profit rights. In the future, net profits will be split 55% for Nippon Steel and 45% for the Walker family. How about that?"

Giving up five percentage points in one go was already a significant compromise and concession for Sarah.

She did not expect Mr. Hashimoto to shake his head without hesitation and smile faintly, "Miss Walker, Nippon Steel's requirement is to never give up controlling rights. If you cannot agree to this issue, then it is not necessary for us to continue discussing further."

Sarah suddenly felt very passive.

She couldn't help but think to herself, "Now, I represent the Walker family, taking the initiative to cooperate with Nippon Steel, so they have a firm grip on my attitude, demanding control rights, and not giving in at all. If I continue to persist, perhaps this matter will not be negotiable. If I come back empty-handed this time, all the preparatory work I have done will go down the drain."

CHAPTER 2048 NOT BUDGING AN INCH

"But then again, if I give up controlling rights, it means giving up all autonomy. In the future, almost all major affairs of the company will be decided by Nippon Steel. That would make the Walker family too passive."

Kazusaki saw her expression was somewhat conflicted, and smiled, saying, "Miss Walker, this matter doesn't need to be decided immediately. You can go back and think about it first. We can schedule another time to talk tomorrow, what do you think?"

Sarah hesitated for a moment, then nodded lightly.

She was very clear that in this negotiation, she had no initiative at all.

Continuing in this manner would only make her more and more passive.

It's just like buying things in a shop. If the seller is eager to sell, the buyer has more room to negotiate. For example, if the seller asks for one hundred, the buyer can directly counter with twenty, and even say they'll go to another shop if the seller doesn't agree, and grab the initiative tightly.

But if the seller's mindset is very stable, and the buyer offers twenty, the seller can just say to go look at another shop, then the buyer loses the initiative.

According to normal logic, the buyer can only gradually increase, until the price satisfies the seller. The specific transaction amount depends on the seller's psychological price, which could be fifty, seventy-eight, or even ninety.

However, the seller in front of Sarah was not prepared to make any concessions at all.

His attitude towards Sarah was very tough: "This thing sells for one hundred, not a penny less. If you want ninety-nine, I'm sorry, go look at another shop, or go back and think about it."

At this point, Sarah had no room for negotiation. The only way was to temporarily halt the negotiation, ease the pace, and continue the discussion tomorrow.

So, she nodded, stood up, and said, "Mr. Hashimoto, let's both think about it. If it's convenient for you, I'll come back tomorrow morning."

"No problem!" Kazusaki smiled, stood up and shook hands with Sarah, saying, "Miss Walker, I'll see you out."

After leaving Nippon Steel, Sarah and her assistant got into a rented car and hurried back to the hotel.

At the same time, she sent a message to the family's WeChat group: "Nippon Steel insists on owning 51% of the controlling rights, not budging an inch. Even when I offered to give up the profit rights to 55%, they did not move. I have already left Nippon Steel. Let's organize our negotiation tactics tonight and discuss with them again tomorrow."

Elder Walker immediately sent a voice message: "Nippon Steel has always had a big appetite, but we should not take them too seriously, because I learned some time ago that Nippon Steel is not doing well these days!"

Then, the old master sent another voice message: "Their group has carried out several large investment projects in recent years, but none of them have taken off and have wasted a lot of funds. So, they are under great revenue pressure this year. Although they seem calm on the surface, deep down they are eager to cooperate with us, just wanting to gain more benefits."

Ryan also sent a message: "Sarah, don't be hasty. Find their weaknesses, then press them, and they will surely compromise."

"Okay," the old master also said, "It's already February. They will soon release last year's financial report. If the financial data is not good, not only will the shareholders give them trouble, but the stockholders will also be resentful. In that case, their stock price will inevitably fall. If they can announce cooperation with us before the financial report is released, it will lift the spirits of the shareholders and stockholders."

Sarah replied, "Okay, I'll prepare well after I return to the hotel and talk to them again tomorrow!"

At this moment, Kazusaki's phone suddenly rang.

The caller ID showed that the call was from Aurous Hill, the neighboring country.

At this time, Ryan was in his luxurious duplex apartment in the center of Aurous Hill, listening to the prompts on the cordless phone.

Kazusaki answered the call and said with a smile, "Mr. Walker, you're really quick. Your sister just left, and your call came right after!"

CHAPTER 2049 NO TURNING BACK

At this moment, Ryan gazed at the river outside the window, smiled faintly, and said, "Mr. Hashimoto, I just heard from my sister that the negotiations with you don't seem to be going well."

Kazusaki chuckled, "Your sister has quite a lot on her mind indeed. Sarah to cooperate with our Nippon Steel and also wanting 51% ownership, how is that possible? Despite being a cooperation, the conditions you offered me, Mr. Walker, are much better than hers!"

Ryan said with a smile, "Of course, women tend to be petty in their dealings, making it difficult to reach an agreement. As long as Mr. Hashimoto cooperates with me wholeheartedly, I will transfer 51% of the shares to Nippon Steel, and privately give you, Mr. Hashimoto, additional nine points!"

Kazusaki was somewhat excited, "Mr. Walker, you are truly generous! With this arrangement, you will be left with only 40%!"

Ryan calmly stated, "40% is of no consequence to me. I am not doing this for money, but rather to make a friend in Mr. Hashimoto."

Kazusaki smiled and said, "Mr. Walker is indeed magnanimous! However, I am curious about our chances of success in this matter."

Ryan responded seriously, "As long as you have the ability to keep my sister in Tokyo, the success rate of this matter will be 100%!"

Kazusaki asked, "Mr. Walker, I do not doubt you, but I heard that before your sister inherits the head position of the Walker family, your grandfather has always been the head. If I keep your sister in Tokyo, can you guarantee yourself the position of the head of the Walker family?"

Ryan sneered and replied, "My grandfather is old and has reached an age where he may not be capable. Even if he wishes to reclaim the position of the head, he is more likely to lack the strength."

Continuing, Ryan added, "Moreover, Mr. Hashimoto, rest assured. Once I have made up my mind to do something, there is no turning back. Even if my own relatives stand in my way, I will prioritize justice over family ties. So, as long as you cooperate well with me, I will not disappoint you!"

Kazusaki clicked his tongue, feeling amazed, "Hm, Mr. Walker, you truly have courage and insight. But there's one thing I must clarify upfront."

Ryan hurriedly said, "Please go ahead, Mr. Hashimoto."

Kazusaki stated slowly, "Mr. Walker, I can help you deal with the troubles caused by your sister, but after I resolve them, you must fulfill the promise you made to me. Otherwise, today's conversation recording may end up in the hands of the Walker family or even your country's authorities!"

Ryan replied without hesitation, "Mr. Hashimoto, you can rest assured. After everything is done, I will absolutely fulfill the promise I made to you!"

Kazusaki smirked, "In that case, Mr. Walker, patiently await good news!"

The next day, the third day of the lunar new year.

Sarah arrived early at Nippon Steel to continue negotiations with Kazusaki on cooperation matters.

After returning home yesterday, Sarah pondered all night. In order to secure Nippon Steel, she devised multiple plans for contingency.

Once seated at the negotiation table, Sarah presented her first set of plans.

In this initial plan, she still insisted on 51% ownership but, as a gesture, she was willing to adjust the profit sharing ratio to 40% for Nippon Steel and 60% for five years of collaboration.

In other words, during the first five years, Nippon Steel would receive 60% of the net profit, and after five years, this would be adjusted to 55%.

CHAPTER 2050 50-50

Kazusaki's attitude has changed slightly compared to yesterday.

He no longer outright rejected Sarah's proposal like he did yesterday but engaged in a Tai Chi with her.

He spoke ambiguously about many things, neither agreeing nor refusing, leaving Sarah feeling very helpless with his non-committal attitude.

The discussion between the two continued from morning until near dusk. Sarah had adjusted the profit split for the first five years with Nippon Steel to 65%, but Kazusaki still did not agree.

Sarah had no choice but to reveal her bottom line, saying, "Mr. Hashimoto, it seems that neither of us is willing to compromise on the issue of control. If that's the case, how about this: we each hold 50% of the shares, ensuring 50% voting rights in any situation. All cooperation matters will be equal, and if we can't progress in cooperation, we will divide all remaining assets equally in a 50-50 split!"

Kazusaki frowned and sighed, "Miss Walker, if both parties hold 50% of the shares, it means that no one has the initiative. If there are disputes in the future, how will they be resolved? If no one can make the final decision, won't we fall into a deadlock where neither side yields to the other?"

Sarah said very seriously, "Mr. Hashimoto, if both of us truly want to make the cooperation work, even if there are disagreements, I believe we can resolve them amicably, rather than stubbornly opposing each other. We seek cooperation to do things well. If we can't even agree on this premise, then cooperation will be difficult to continue."

She continued, "So, if you really have the sincerity to cooperate with our Walker Group, a 50-50 split in shares is not a problem, but if you lack this sincerity, even if you have controlling rights, cooperation may not progress."

Kazusaki awkwardly said, "Miss Walker, there is a saying in your country, 'First the villain, then the gentleman.' Since it's cooperation, we must consider all worst-case scenarios first, don't you think?"

Sarah replied, "Mr. Hashimoto, a 50-50 split in shares, with an additional five percentage points in profits for you, is the final bottom line of our Walker Group. If you think we can cooperate, let's continue the discussion. If not, then we'll have to say sorry. So, whether to continue or not, it's up to you."

Kazusaki didn't rush to give Sarah an answer but instead checked the time, showing a slightly eerie smile. He said, "Miss Walker, it's getting late. How about this, I'll discuss your terms with our chairman, and I'll give you a definite answer by tonight at the earliest, tomorrow at the latest. What do you think?"

Sarah hesitated for a moment and said, "Alright, Mr. Hashimoto, I'll wait for your message!"

With that, she stood up, extended her hand to Kazusaki, and politely said, "Mr. Hashimoto, let's return to the hotel for today. If there are any developments, please contact me first."

Kazusaki nodded, saying, "No problem, Miss Walker, rest assured, I'll inform you as soon as possible."

Sarah, along with her assistants, left the Nippon Steel office building.

As she left, Sarah felt very conflicted.

Today, she had laid out her final cards, leaving herself no room for negotiation. If the senior management of Nippon Steel still couldn't agree, her trip to Japan would be in vain.

Upstairs at Nippon Steel,

Kazusaki watched as Sarah's business car left the parking lot below, a cruel smile crossing his lips. He picked up his phone and made a call.

After the call connected, he said with a smile, "Mr. Walker, your sister is about to go crazy because of me. I think the time is right. I can take action tonight. After tonight, your sister will disappear from this world forever!"

Ryan's voice came through the phone, "Haha, Mr. Hashimoto, it's all up to you!"
Hashimoto and Ryan are doomed. Charlie is definitely monitoring Sarah's movement in Japan. More action to follow soon 🔥🔥🔥