An Understated Dominance: By Marina Vittori​

Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys have been married for three years. After Dahlia achieves rapid success, she decides to end her marriage with Dustin, viewing him as a burden. Little does she know that all her accomplishments were actually thanks to him.

CHAPTER 1
My wife is a CEO, she always hates me for being lazy and wants to divorce me. But she doesn't know that her success is bestowed by me.

“Dustin, here is the divorce agreement prepared by Ms. Nicholson. All you need to do is sign them.”

In the president’s office of the Quine Group, the secretary, Lyra Blaine, placed a piece of A4 paper on the table. A man sat opposite her, dressed in plain clothing.

“Divorce? What do you mean?”

Dustin Rhys was taken aback.

“Do you not understand what I’m saying? Your marriage with Ms. Nicholson is over. You’re not even on the same level anymore. Your existence is nothing but a smear on the president’s reputation!”

Lyra pulled no punches as she spoke.

“A smear on her reputation?” Dustin frowned. “Is that how she thinks of me?”

Back when they first got married, the Nicholson family was in ruinous debt. He was the one who helped them when they were at their lowest point. Now that they were rich, Dahlia Nicholson was ready to just kick him out.

“Something like that.” Lyra poked her chin toward the magazine on the table. A photo of a beautiful woman was printed on the front page. “Look at the headline on this magazine, Dustin. Ms. Nicholson’s net worth has hit one billion in the course of just three years, a feat no short of a miracle. She’s now the most desired woman in Swinton! With all this, she’s destined for greatness. But you, you’re just a regular joe. You don’t deserve her at all. I hope that you’ll see some sense and do the right thing.”

When Dustin remained silent, Lyra frowned.

“I know you’re not happy with this, but this is reality,” she continued. “You might have helped Ms. Nicholson when she was in trouble, but she has repaid you for everything you’ve done for her over the last three years. In fact, you’re the one who owes her now!”

“Is our marriage just a business deal to her, then?” Dustin took a deep breath to suppress the emotions within. “If she wants to divorce me, let her speak to me herself.”

“Ms. Nicholson is very busy. She doesn’t need to trouble herself with such trifling matters.”

“Trifling matters?” Dustin was stunned. Then he laughed bitterly. “Is that so? Is divorce a trifling matter to her? She can’t even find the time to speak to me. Truly, she’s that unattainable now!”

“Dustin, don’t delay this any longer.” Lyra pushed the divorce agreement toward him again. “Just sign here and you’ll get a car and a house as compensation. On top of that, you’ll also get eight million dollars. This is more than what you’ll be able to earn in your lifetime!”

“Eight million dollars is a lot, but…I don’t need it. I will sign the divorce papers if she comes personally. Otherwise, I won’t sign anything,” Duston said coldly.

“Don’t go too far, Dustin!” Lyra slammed her hand on the table. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With all her power and resources, Ms. Nicholson can divorce you easily. It’s only because she appreciates her past relationship with you that she’s allowing you to keep your dignity intact. Don’t provoke her!”

“My dignity?” Dustin was a little amused by that. She didn’t even want to speak to him directly to divorce him. What kind of dignity was that? Moreover, if she really did appreciate their relationship, then why was she threatening him now?

“I don’t think we have anything else to talk about, then.”

Unwilling to argue, Dustin stood up and made to leave.

“Dustin Rhys! You—”

Just as Lyra was about to lose her cool, a curvy woman in a long black dress walked in. Her skin was as white as snow, and her features were delicate. Her lofty aura and curvaceous figure made her look like a goddess right out of a painting.

“You’re finally here.”

Dustin felt complicated emotions when he saw the beautiful woman. They had been married for three years, during which they treated each other with care and respect. But this was how it ended. He still didn’t know what he had done wrong.

“I’m sorry for being late, I was caught up with something else.”

Dahlia Nicholson sat down. Her expression was as impassive as ever.

“You certainly are busy, if you need your secretary to help you deal with your divorce,” Dustin said.

Hearing this, Dahlia frowned slightly. However, she did not explain herself. Instead, she said, “Since you’re here, let’s get straight to the point. Let’s end this on a pleasant note. I’m sorry I have to do this to you, so you can have the car and the house, plus eight million dollars as alimony. How does that sound?”

At that, she placed a card on the table.

“Do you really think our relationship can be measured by money?” Dustin asked.

“Too little? That’s alright. Let me know what you want. I’ll give you anything within my power,” Dahlia said placidly.

“I don’t think you understood me. Let me rephrase my question. Are money and power that important to you?” Dustin was truly bewildered.

Dahlia went over to the windows and looked out over the city. There was determination in her eyes when she said, “To me, yes, they’re very important.”

“You’ve earned enough to feed yourself for the rest of your life. Why do this?”

“Dustin, that’s where you and I diverge in philosophy. You’ll never understand what I really want.” Dahlia shook her head in disappointment.

They weren’t just incompatible in status and power; they were also incompatible in their principles. Most importantly, she did not see any hope for the future in him.

“You’re right. How would I know what you’re thinking?” Dustin laughed bitterly. “All I know is to cook for you when you’re hungry, prepare your coat when it’s cold out, and carry you to the hospital when you’re sick.”

“There’s no point in going into this now.” Dahlia’s expression held complicated emotions, but it was soon covered up by determination.

“You’re right.” Dustin nodded without any emotion. “I heard that you’ve been close with the heir of the Nolan family. Is it because of him?”

Dahlia was about to deny it when she gave it a second thought. In the end, she nodded.

“You can say that.”

“Okay. I hope you’re happy with him.” Dustin smiled and signed the divorce agreement without any more hesitation. All he felt now was disappointment. Ironically, today was also their wedding anniversary. There was cruel humor in divorcing him on the day they had gotten married.

“I don’t want the money, I just want that crystal necklace back. My mother left it to me before she died so that I can give it to my wife.”

“Okay.”

Dahlia nodded and gave him the crystal necklace.

“From today onward, we will have nothing to do with each other!”

Dustin put on the necklace and left. He had no more gentleness in his expression; all that was left was distant aloofness.

“Did I do the right thing, Lyra?” Dahlia asked hesitantly.

Even though she was the one who asked for the divorce, she didn’t feel happy at all when it was finalized.

“Of course you did!” Lyra nodded. “You have the right to pursue happiness. Dustin does not deserve you at all. He’ll only bring you down with him. You’re destined to be the most powerful woman in Swinton!”

Dahlia did not answer her. As she watched Dustin leave, she felt as if she was losing something precious.

Chapter 633

The audible thud when Terry fell to the ground silenced everyone, effectively cutting off all laughter and cheers.

The crowd shared dismayed looks, unable to comprehend what just happened.

What was going on? Didn’t Terry win? Why did he spit out blood? Had it merely been a narrow win?

Just as everyone was stuck in disbelief, a silhouette slowly walked out of the ruined arena. Even the dust in the air seemed to disperse and create a path for him.

When the person reached the top of the platform, the audience could finally see Dustin’s handsome face.

Dustin stood proudly with his hands in his pocket as he studied his unconscious opponent calmly.

Meanwhile, everyone’s jaw dropped. They thought that Terry had been the one who won, but things have completely changed. Terry was lying on the ground, injured. While Dustin was completely unscathed. It was obvious who the winner was.

“N-no way! Terry Doyle lost?”

“Holy smokes! Balerno’s martial art genius and the thirteenth person on The Heavenly Immortals lost to a nobody?”

“Who the hell is that guy? How was he able to injure Mr. Terry? That’s insane!”

There was an uproar as everyone stared at Dustin like he was a monster. Although it was hard for them to come to terms with the fact that Terry had lost, what they saw wasn’t a lie. Terry had been completely destroyed!

“I-impossible! There’s no way Terry would lose to that guy. My eyes must be deceiving me!” Maggie shook her head and rubbed her eyes, trying to deny what she saw. She refused to believe that a mere nobody had taken down the genius in their family.

“When did he become so strong?” Claudia’s eyes widened in shock. She thought that Dustin was just a normal Divine-level martial artist who could only defeat someone of Bennet’s caliber. Instead, he had completely triumphed over Terry. Had she been looking down on the wrong person this entire time?

“H-he won? How is that possible?” Gordon was aghast, his eyes filled with disbelief.

“He actually survived!” Zeke was sweating buckets now.

“He wasn’t bluffing.” Zoey gulped, unable to remain calm.

“Natasha wasn’t wrong. He is different.” Adriana mumbled to herself, her eyes fixed on Dustin.

“H-he won? Our leader won?” After getting over the shock, Nelson leaped up and began hugging his men. From now on, their gang was going to become more powerful than ever!

“Sis, he won! Dustin won!” Ruth cheered excitedly.

“Of course, he did. There’s no way my man would lose.” Natasha’s shock turned to pride, and she lifted her head haughtily. All she hoped for was for Dustin to come back to her safely, but she
never imagined he would give her such a big surprise.

“I knew there was more to that guy.” Hector smiled, relieved. Although he was sure that Dustin came prepared, it was still difficult to defeat Terry.

“I-impossible! How did my son lose?” Phil was devastated. He spun around and looked at Paul, “Sir Paul, didn’t you say that my son had a ninety percent chance of winning? How did things come to this?”

Chapter 634

“I think you misunderstood something here,” Paul responded calmly. “I said Dustin had a ninety percent chance of winning. Your son only had ten.”

“What?” Phil stiffened. It turned out that everything had been in his head. Still, he couldn’t understand or accept how a nobody like Dustin was able to defeat his son, who was a genius.

“Mr. Doyle, thank you for Tempest of the Eighteen Swords’,” Hector suddenly said, causing Phil’s face to darken.

Phil thought that today’s battle would work in their favor by boosting their reputation. However, not only had his son lost the battle, he also lost their family heirloom. It was a devastating loss!

Dustin’s victory also taught everyone something. There was always someone far stronger than you, even if you were the strongest person around. Also, from today onward, Balerno martial arts. would see a dark horse, someone more talented and stronger than Terry.

“Useless fools!” Tyler Grant, who stood amidst the audience wearing a mask, humphed and walked away. He hid his identity because he thought he’d get to see an amusing show, yet Terry had been. useless and couldn’t even defeat a pretty boy like Dustin. It was such a waste of time!

Back at the wreckage, Dustin looked at Terry below him and reminded, “You’ve lost. Remember what I said earlier? Your family better stay out of my way from now on.” He turned to walk off the stage.

“No! I haven’t lost yet!” Gritting his teeth, Terry clambered to his feet wildly.

“Go to hell!” Locking his eyes on Dustin’s back, Terry grabbed his sword and thrust it toward Dustin.

“Watch out!” Natasha cried out, but it was too late.

Terry’s attack was too quick and silent, making it hard to detect. So, before anyone realized what was going on, the tip of Terry’s sword was already pressing into Dustin’s back.

“Haha, I’m still the winner in the end!” Terry cackled.

Quickly, his laughter stopped and his smile froze when he realized that his sturdy blade hadn’t even hurt Dustin. It didn’t even impale the man’s flesh.

Terry wanted to turn things around? What a joke.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Dustin snapped, slowly turning his head.

This was an open battle where everyone had seen the results, so how dare Terry tried to pull a fast one on him! Were all Doyle family members so shameless?

“Die! Die! Rot in hell!” True energy burst forth from Terry and into his sword as he tried to piece through Dustin’s body, and the blade eventually bent under the force.

Still, no matter how hard Terry tried, he just couldn’t injure Dustin.

“Fool!” Dustin humphed. He stopped going easy on Terry and planted his fist into Terry’s abdomen.

There was a bang at Terry’s abdomen, and his core shattered to pieces. Terry flew backward from the force like a ragdoll, blood spurting everywhere. It caused an uproar among the crowd when his body landed in the audience zone, and the Doyle family’s blood started boiling after seeing how Terry’s core was destroyed.

Chapter 635

After failing to sneak up on Dustin, Terry was thrown into the air, where he landed right beside Phil, who was infuriated to see his son injured and bleeding uncontrollably. “You piece of shit! How dare you hurt my son!”

“Are you blind or something? He snuck up on me, so I merely defended myself,” Dustin answered.

“Nonsense!” Phil yelled. “The winner hadn’t been determined yet. You were the one who left your back open to your opponent, so it was fair and just!”

Although his son had been in the wrong, there was no way he could admit that now.

“Fine. Since the winner hadn’t been determined yet, there shouldn’t be a problem since I attack him normally.” Dustin retorted.

“Of course, there is! You deliberately injured my son!” Phil seethed

“This is how the martial world works. You’re putting your life at stake when you accept a challenge. Your son got hurt because he wasn’t strong enough. Your family is a martial arts family. Don’t tell me you’re sore losers?” Dustin sneered.

“You!” Phil’s blood boiled.

“You sneaky bastard!” Maggie stood up. “Don’t waste time arguing with him, Uncle Phil! He destroyed Terry’s core. We must make him pay!”

“That’s right! There’s no way we’d let him walk out after hurting our family’s genius!”

“That brat is a danger to society. We need to get rid of him!”

The Doyle family yelled, their eyes showing their animosity toward Dustin. Terry had been their hope, and he even had a chance at becoming a Grandmaster martial artist. To learn that his core had been destroyed and he had lost all his powers was a huge blow to the family.

“It’s fine that he snuck up on me and tried to kill me, but I’m not supposed to defend myself? You guys are shameless!” Dustin jeered.

“How dare you!” The Doyle family was flustered and humiliated.

“Take that bastard down now!” Phil bellowed.

“Anyone who approaches me will die.” Dustin glanced around the room coolly. The Doyle family fighters shuddered when they met his gaze. How were they supposed to win against someone who defeated Terry Doyle?

“Why are you guys panicking? There are so many of us, and only one of him. We’ll defeat him, no matter how long it takes. Take him down!” Phil ordered once more.

“Wait!” Hector suddenly stood up. “Mr. Doyle, accidents are normal during duels. Don’t you think that you’re overreacting?”

“Precisely. A loss is a loss. How could you demand revenge? In public too! That’s awful.” Ruth was displeased.

“Aren’t you worried about what people will think when they find out that such a well-established family was manipulating the truth and bullying others?” Natasha humphed.

“Mr. Harmon, this is my family’s affair. It has nothing to do with you.” Phil frowned.

“Well, to tell you the truth, Dustin is an honored guest in our family. So our family wouldn’t let such unjust treatment slide,” Hector responded calmly.

“This is going to turn into a blood feud. Are you sure you want to get caught up in this mess?” Phil demanded.

“Mr. Doyle, everyone here saw what happened. If you insist on doing things your way, I’m afraid you’ll incur their wrath.” Hector tried to knock some sense into Phil.

Everyone here was either a celebrity or a well-known martial artist. If the Doyle family were to retaliate unjustly in front of everyone, their reputation would be ruined.

“Alright, that’s enough.”

Chapter 636

Paul, who had been silent the entire time, finally spoke up. “Mr. Doyle, there are rules that should be kept. Since your son was the one who accepted the challenge, he should accept whatever consequences there are.”

“But, my son-” Phil wanted to protest but stopped when he met Paul’s icy glare. “Do you plan to be condemned by everyone?”

“No, sir.” Phil gritted his teeth and lowered his head. In terms of status and power, the Doyle family was no match for Paul.

“Mr. Doyle, you should send your son to Stonearay Order immediately. He might still have hope if Dr. Watkins takes a look at him,” Paul reminded.

“Hurry! Get the car ready!” Coming to his senses, Phil gathered his son into his arms and dashed. out of the arena, the rest of the Doyle family members following closely behind. Receiving treatment was the most important thing right now.

“Hi, mind if I have a word with you?” Paul turned his attention to Dustin.

“It would be my honor.” Dustin nodded and followed Paul out the door.

Once the two men were gone, gossip rose once more.

“What an outstanding battle!”

“I know, right? To think that the person ranked thirteenth on The Heavenly Immortals lost to a nobody. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.”

“I’m sure that the leader of the Flame Dragon Gang is going to become famous after this.”

“As he should.”

“Such a talented individual should join Greendust.

“Don’t be silly. Autumn Wind has called dibs on that guy. I’m willing to do anything for him to become my disciple!”

“Are you forgetting about Boulderthorn?”

“You guys are too late. Sir Paul has already made the first move.”

“What? Oh, that sneaky geezer!”

“What are you waiting for? Go after them!”

After processing everything that happened, the elders and leaders of different guilds hurriedly chased after Dustin, not wanting to be left behind.

After all, it was extremely rare to find someone as monstrously talented as Dustin. As long as they paid him some attention, he would surely become a Grandmaster martial artist, so all of them
were now clambering for his attention.

Because Dustin had total victory over the battle, Terry’s title as a genius had been swept under the rug, and the Doyle family’s reputation was in tatters after being known as sore losers.

On the other hand, Dustin’s reputation seemed to have soared thanks to this incident, and there was now a new genius in Balerno.

The Flame Dragon Gang’s reputation also skyrocketed after the battle as skilled fighters from all over the place scrambled to join the gang. Although they still weren’t as powerful as the other famous guilds, they were considerably strong in Millsburg. In time, they would surely become. much stronger.

Chapter 637

Outside the Doyle family gates, a Maybach revved up and drove off, successfully shaking off the group of people who were chasing after them.

“Thank God I moved fast, or I wouldn’t even have the chance to talk to you.” Paul turned around and looked at the annoyed group behind them, impressed by his foresight.

“It’s not that bad.” Dustin was puzzled.

“You don’t seem to understand your value yet.” Paul shook his head, chuckling. “Being able to defeat Terry Doyle has already proven how powerful and talented you are. There are less than five people in Balerno who could even be on par with you, so countless guilds are desperately trying to rope you in.”

“Tsk. What a bother. I should have kept a low profile.” Dustin sighed. He had only challenged Terry to warn the Doyle family not to mess with him. He didn’t expect them to invite so many people to watch the battle in an attempt to boost their reputation. Still, the Doyle family has shot itself in the foot since he was the one who ended up receiving the boost in reputation.

“You’re an interesting fellow. Others would die for that fame, yet you don’t want it at all.” Paul smiled

“Things like fame can’t even fill my belly. I’m sure that once word spreads, I’ll have people coming up to me to challenge me to a duel. Aren’t I just making things troublesome for myself?” Dustin shook his head.

“It’s hard to find someone who looks at fame and fortune so lightly nowadays.” Paul studied Dustin appreciatively.

“Don’t flatter me, Sir Paul. I’m just a normal person. I don’t have any great ambitions, so whatever you want to say, just tell it to me straight.” Dustin changed the topic.

“Alright, then. I’ll get straight to the point.” Paul nodded. “I wanted to talk to you about the Knighthood Society Tournament.”

“The Knighthood Society Tournament?” Dustin was confused.

“Every three years, there will be a Knighthood Society Tournament between Balerno and Glenstead. The purpose of this tournament is to find new talents as well as observe how strong each side is. The outcome of the battle will determine the direction in which the alliance will
grow for the next three years. The winning side has the right to call the shots and occupy more resources. Therefore, I hope that you can join the tournament as Balerno’s representative,” Paul explained

“But why me? There are so many skilled fighters in Balerno. There’s no way a youngster like me has the right to represent Balerno.” Dustin was still puzzled.

“First of all, I have high hopes for you since you’re a capable individual. Secondly, there’s an age limit. Participants can’t be more than 38 years old. Thirdly, each side has five slots. Terry Doyle was supposed to take one of them, and since you’ve injured him greatly, you’ll have to take his place.” Paul smiled.

“What?” Dustin paled He never thought things would get so bothersome after defeating Terry.

“This is a good chance for you, young man. Everyone who joins the tournament receives a hefty prize. And if you win, the alliance will grant you one wish. Money, power, jewels, women name it, you’ll have it.” Paul urged.

“Grant me a wish?” Dustin pondered for a moment. He wasn’t interested in money or power, but he did happen to need two rare precious herbs. With the alliance’s help, he might be able to find them more easily.

“Let me know what you need, young man. Don’t be shy.” Paul took advantage of this opportunity and began pressing.

“Sir Paul, have you ever heard of the thousand-year green lotus and Cherusia?” Dustin asked.

“Thousand-year green lotus, no, but I know who has Cherusia,” Paul answered.

“Really? Who?” Dustin’s eyes lit up.

“That’s a secret for now.” Paul tried to entice Dustin “Of course, if you’re willing to represent Balerno in the upcoming tournament, I’ll let you know regardless of the tournament’s results.” “I guess that means I don’t have a choice.”

Chapter 638

Dustin chuckled bitterly. “Alright, I’ll agree to it. It’s just going to be a few fights anyway.” There was no fight he couldn’t win when it came to using his martial arts prowess.

Paul smiled. “Great. That’ll be all.”

Dustin was curious. “Sir Paul, since you’ve retired, why are you still worrying about matters regarding the martial arts alliance?”

Paul kept his smile. “Even though I’m not with the alliance anymore, my heart still belongs to them. Not to mention, the current leader of the alliance is my disciple. I don’t see anything wrong with helping him recruit talent.”

“Sir Paul, I admire that you’re a man of high integrity.” Dustin nodded in acknowledgment.

“Alright, there’s no need for the flattery. Where are you going next? I’ll see you off.

“Back to the Flame Dragon Dojo.”

In the afternoon, inside Stoneray Valley at Mount Cloudcrest, Terry laid on an emerald bed. His complexion was pale, and he was sweating all over. A few physicians in white were carefully tending to his injuries. Phil stood at one side; he was anxious and hesitant to speak, fearing he might disrupt their work. After a long while, Terry’s wound was finally sutured up and bandaged.

“Mr. Turner, how is my son?” Phil finally asked when he saw that they had finished treating Terry.

“It’s fortunate that you sent him here on time. Your son is safe for now.” Nicholas wiped his sweat with his sleeves.

“Thank God!” Phil breathed a sigh of relief. But he quickly followed up with another question.

“He’s safe now, but would it affect his martial arts abilities?”

“That’s where the problem lies.” Nicholas sighed and explained, “His core is seriously damaged. It would be hard to get it healed. I doubt he will be able to recover his abilities.”

“What? How can that be?” Phil’s expression fell. Mr. Turner, you have excellent medical skills. Can you please think of something? I’ll pay you no matter how high the price!”

“Mr. Doyle, my skills are limited. There’s nothing I can do.” Nicholas shook his head.

“If you can’t do it, what about Dr. Linden Watkins? Can you please get him to treat my son?” Phil was anxious

“Dr. Watkins is in seclusion and refuses to meet anyone. Even if he did treat your son and heal hist core, your son won’t be able to recover his abilities immediately as they are lost. He would need to start all over.” Nicholas was feeling truly helpless.

“Start all over?” The blood drained from Phil’s face when he heard the news. It took his son more than 20 years of hard work to reach where he was today. It would be too late to start all over again. He was now akin to a crippled man.

“Dad…” Terry suddenly opened his eyes and cried out weakly. “Quick… get my mentor, Mr. Augustus Kline, here quickly. Only he can save me now!”

Phil’s eyes brightened. That’s right! I almost forgot about him. I’ll contact him right away!”

Augustus Kline was one of the five ultimate grandmasters of Balerno. He possessed remarkable abilities and was seemingly invincible. With the appearance of such a revered figure, he would definitely turn the situation around.

“Dustin Rhys! When my mentor gets here, I’m going to make sure you are crushed into pieces!” Terry growled menacingly. However, the intensity of his anger made him spit out blood, and he fainted on the spot.

Chapter 639

That night, in the second-floor office of the Flame Dragon Dojo.

“Sir Rhys, you were so cool today! Not only did you show the Doyle family who’s boss, but you also made the Flame Dragon Gang famous all across Balerno! We have around a thousand members now, and they all admire you greatly!” Nelson poured Dustin a cup of coffee while he showered him with compliments; his excitement and elation were evident.

He’d been worried that the Doyles would seize the opportunity and take revenge on them if Dustin. lost. He didn’t expect their gang leader to be so incredible. Against all odds, Dustin turned the tide. and achieved a resounding victory over Terry. He had become famous through a single battle.

“That’s enough, you’ve said that a million times now. Can’t you say something new?” Dustin was speechless. Ever since Dustin’s return, Nelson had been flattering him in various ways, singing all sorts of praises that Dustin could think of. If people didn’t know any better, they would think Nelson was flirting with Dustin from the look on Nelson’s face.

“You want something new? No problem!” Nelson grinned as he said, “Sir Rhys, did you know that after your victory, many talented individuals have sought to join our gang? I’ve tested out their skills, and every one of them is no ordinary talent. With a little training, they could turn out to be the backbone of our gang! If this continues, I believe the Flame Dragon Gang would become. Millsburg’s largest gang within three years!”

Dustin nodded in response. “Not bad. This is good news. But remember: quality over quantity. Don’t recruit anyone with questionable characters. It would be advantageous to him if the Flame, Dragon Gang expanded well. However, he had to clearly plan out their expansion, lest it led to internal conflicts.

“Hehe… No need to worry, Sir Rhys. I’m skilled in that area, I’ll be able to tell their character from just one look.” Nelson grinned confidently. He’d been part of the martial world for many years. While he didn’t possess any extraordinary abilities, he was always right when it came to reading people.

“Oh, by the way, the most important task is finding the murderer. Make sure not to slack off in that regard,” Dustin reminded him.

“My men have been working hard on investigating. I believe we will have results soon.” Nelson turned serious.

Dustin nodded. “Okay. Let me know immediately if you get any news. You can go now.”

“Alright.” Nelson left after responding..

Suddenly, Dustin’s phone rang. He took it out and saw that it was a call from Dahlia.

The Nicholsons hated him terribly since he was the greatest suspect in James’ death. With the current situation, he couldn’t believe Dahlia was the one to call him first. He wondered if she had finally thought things through.

“Hello, Dahlia?” Dustin answered immediately without hesitation.

After a few seconds of silence, he heard an indifferent voice on the other line. “I’d like to talk to Augustus Kline, here quickly. Only he can save me now!”

Phil’s eyes brightened. That’s right! I almost forgot about him. I’ll contact him right away!”

Augustus Kline was one of the five ultimate grandmasters of Balerno. He possessed remarkable abilities and was seemingly invincible. With the appearance of such a revered figure, he would definitely turn the situation around.

“Dustin Rhys! When my mentor gets here, I’m going to make sure you are crushed into pieces!” Terry growled menacingly. However, the intensity of his anger made him spit out blood, and he fainted on the spot.

Chapter 640

“Evidence? Where is it?” Dahlia was taken aback.

“It’s with me now.” It appeared that Dustin came prepared, as he took out two pieces of evidence.” These are the autopsy results. This can prove that James was poisoned to death. While this black needle is the murder weapon.”

“What?” Dahlia examined it curiously.

Dustin added, saying, “If you don’t believe me, you can get it tested personally.” Although he had the evidence, it would be hard to convince her without finding the murderer.

“No need for that. I believe you.” Dahlia’s expression was solemn. “To be honest, I know that you’re not the murderer and that this has all been a misunderstanding.”

Dustin smiled. “I’m happy that you think that way.

“I’m sorry for misunderstanding you. But please understand, I had no other choice. My brother’s death has left me in pain. I feel so lost, and I don’t know what to do. I’m scared… I’m scared that I will lose you too. I’m scared that we will become enemies. I’m scared of being alone, As she spoke, her eyes turned red. She lowered her head and choked back her tears. Her teary appearance looked pitiful; anyone who saw her would pity her.

“It’s alright. It’s all in the past now.” Dustin patted her shoulders in comfort. His actions seemed to shatter all her reservations, and she threw herself into his arms, her sobs intensified. She trembled uncontrollably as a steady stream of tears flowed down her cheeks. Dahlia finally released all the pent-up emotions that she had suppressed for so long.

Dustin sighed. With both arms wrapped around her in an embrace, he inched closer to her and whispered words of comfort into her ear. “It’s okay to cry. It’ll be alright once you cry it out. Oh, by the way, I have a secret to tell you. To be honest, I really did kill your brother.”

“What?” Dahlia froze, and she looked up in shock. “Wha-what did you just say?”

“You didn’t hear me? Let me repeat myself, then. I murdered your brother!” Dustin declared as he smiled.

After a momentary daze, Dahlia shook her head furiously. “No, it can’t be! You must be lying! How could you be the murderer? I don’t believe you!”

“I couldn’t bear to continue deceiving you, especially when I see you crying so miserably. So I thought I’d just tell you the truth,” Dustin said calmly.

“Dustin, stop joking! You’re not that kind of person” Dahlia denied it flatly.

“Do you really know me?” Dustin countered.

“Why? Weren’t you collecting evidence?” Dahlia frowned.

“I was just playing with you. But I’ve lost interest, so I decided to reveal my cards.” Dustin shrugged his shoulders.

“So, you were the one who killed my brother?” Dahlia was enraged.

“That’s right. I’m the murderer. What do you plan on doing now Dustin gave her a vague:

“I’m going to kill you!”-In her fury, she took out a dagger and aimed it toward Dustin’s throat.

A slap rang out as Dustin struck Dahlia mercilessly, causing her to fall to the floor. The dagger slipped from her grasp and clattered onto the ground as well.

“You-!” Dahlia’s face was disfigured. She was about to get up when Dustin grabbed her by the throat and pinned her against the wall.

“Ugh-” Dahlia gasped for breath, and her face flushed red. She struggled to free herself but to no avail. Dustin’s grip was like an iron vice that clamped tightly around her neck.

“How are you planning on avenging your brother with your meager strength?” With just one hand, Dustin lifted her off the ground.

“W-why?” Dahlia was aghast. She never expected Dustin to suddenly turn hostile and forget about their past relationship. She could even see the intent to kill in his cold eyes.

“Why? You should ask yourself that.” Dustin sneered coldly. “Is it fun playing such childish tricks in front of me? Are you tired of living?”

“What nonsense are you spouting? Have you gone crazy?” Dahlia was shocked and afraid.

“So, you’re not going to admit it? Alright, two can play at this game!” Dustin snorted and reached out his hand. With a forceful tug, Dahlia’s clothes were torn into shreds and revealed her enticing voluptuous figure. She looked extremely provocative.

Chapter 641

“Wha-what are you doing?” Dahlia’s expression changed as she struggled to free herself. She looked more alluring as she struggled desperately.

“Don’t you like playing games? I’ll play with you until you’re satisfied!” Dustin’s expression was cold.

“You’re a lunatic! Stop this at once!” Dahlia cried out angrily.

Dustin commented, “You’re still pretending? The skin on your face has peeled off. Haven’t you noticed?”

“What?” Dahlia’s eyes widened, and she touched her face instinctively. However, she quickly came back to her senses. It didn’t matter if her face was disfigured, her actions had already given her away.

“I thought my acting skills were pretty good. I didn’t expect you to see through it that quickly.’ Once she found out she was exposed, “Dahlia” stopped the act and pulled forcefully near her ear. Soon, a human mask was peeled off. “Dahlia” was gone, and she was replaced by an unfamiliar woman

The woman looked decent, but her complexion was ghastly pale. Her gaze was sinister and malicious. She was the epitome of a female fatale.

“Who are you? Why are you impersonating Dahlia?” Dustin questioned her coldly.

“If you want me to answer you, you would need to answer me first. How did you find out?” The woman was curious.

Her mentor had taught her the Face-Changing Art personally. She could not only change her appearance, she was also good at reading people immediately, allowing her to impersonate them better. She wasn’t confident enough to say that it was a perfect resemblance, but it was at least 90
% similar. At her level, even close relatives wouldn’t be able to notice in a short time. Hence, she
l couldn’t understand how Dustin had figured it out shortly after they met.

“Your technique is impressive. It’s hard to find fault with your appearance. However, you overlooked a few details.”

“First, Dahlia never uses perfume, but you carried a faint smell with you. Second, with Dahlia’s stubborn personality, she would never believe someone that easily. That evidence wouldn’t be to convince her. Your seductive performance earlier was also clearly done to get my guard last thing would be your dominant hand. Perhaps you didn’t notice, but you used your i to hold the cup earlier, which is not Dahlia’s dominant hand.

“I may not have seen through you if it were just one suspicious detail, but with all of them put together, it was obvious that you were an imposter!” Dustin commented coldly, exposing her flaws. In truth, there was another detail he hadn’t mentioned, and that was that he had grown more cautious after going through a similar situation.

The woman chuckled. “I can’t believe you have such keen observation skills. You’re truly amazing to be able to catch such small details.” After today’s experience, it seemed like she would need to put in more work on the details.

“I’m going to kill you!” In her fury, she took out a dagger and aimed it toward Dustin’s throat.

A slap rang out as Dustin struck Dahlia mercilessly, causing her to fall to the floor. The dagger slipped from her grasp and clattered onto the ground as well.

“You-!” Dahlia’s face was disfigured. She was about to get up when Dustin grabbed her by the throat and pinned her against the wall.

“Ugh-“Dahlia gasped for breath, and her face flushed red. She struggled to free herself but to no avail. Dustin’s grip was like an iron vice that clamped tightly around her neck.

“How are you planning on avenging your brother with your meager strength?” With just one hand, Dustin lifted her off the ground.

“W-why?” Dahlia was aghast. She never expected Dustin to suddenly turn hostile and forget about their past relationship. She could even see the intent to kill in his cold eyes.

“Why? You should ask yourself that.” Dustin sneered coldly. “Is it fun playing such childish tricks in front of me? Are you tired of living?”

“What nonsense are you spouting? Have you gone crazy?” Dahlia was shocked and afraid

“So, you’re not going to admit it? Alright, two can play at this game!” Dustin snorted and reached. out his hand. With a forceful tug, Dahlia’s clothes were torn into shreds and revealed her enticing, voluptuous figure. She looked extremely provocative.

Chapter 642

The group of masked women brandished a knife and held it dangerously close to Dahlia’s neck; a thin line of blood could be seen on her skin. It was a warning that Dahlia would be killed on the spot if Dustin made any sudden movements.

Dustin furrowed his brow and ultimately released his grip. He wasn’t going to risk Dahlia’s life with the numbers they had.

“That’s more like it.” Astrid stretched her neck. She looked triumphant as she said, “Dustin, you should feel honored that my mentor has taken an interest in you. As long as you agree, we will be a family going forward. And if you refuse, you and everyone else around you will die!”

“Do you have to go to such extremes?” Dustin’s expression was frosty.

This is how we do things. If we can’t get our hands on a talented genius like you, you must be destroyed,” Astrid responded.

“Do you really think you can kill me?” Dustin retorted.

Astrid chuckled as she said, “I know you’re talented, but we came prepared. I added Trangurin to the tea you drank earlier. The poison is colorless and tasteless. Once ingested, your body will feel weak, and you won’t even be able to use your true energy. Judging by the time, you should be feeling its effects right about now.”

“Tranqurin?” Dustin’s expression shifted.

Tranqurin was one of the ten exotic medicines of the martial world. Although it wasn’t deadly, it was the bane of many martial artists. It suppressed their true energy and weakened their bodies. These two effects of Tranqurin were enough to put any martial artist in despair. He didn’t expect Astrid to get a hold of it when it was nearly extinct.

“Give me the antidote!” Dustin reached out to grab Astrid but stumbled and nearly fell. Before he knew it, sweat started to form on his forehead.

“Tranqurin is specifically meant to restrain expert martial artists like you. The more you exert true energy, the faster the medicine takes effect. How about it? Do you feel it already?” Astrid grinned.

To put Dustin under their control, the Dark Lord employed his precious treasure, which highlighted Dustin’s value.

“Dustin, I’m going to ask you one more time. Are you going to submit to us or not?” Astrid yelled.

“Dream on!” Dustin forced himself to remain upright.

“Hmph! You’re still talking back? Are you not afraid of death?” Astrid’s expression darkened. She was out of patience. If it weren’t for the Dark Lord valuing him greatly, Astrid would have killed him much earlier instead of wasting her time persuading him.

“Although Tranqurin is powerful, I still have enough strength to make sure we die together!” Dustin spat out coldly.

“You-!” Astrid was seething in anger. Just as she was about to make a move on Dahlia, a graceful figure descended from the second floor.

“Astrid, this guy is too stubborn. You won’t get anywhere by using force. Why don’t you let me talk to him?” Azalea walked up to Dustin seductively.

“Azalea, you’ll be able to persuade him?” Astrid raised an eyebrow.

“Have you forgotten what I’m best at, Astrid?” Azalea smiled.

“Alright, go ahead and try.” Astrid nodded.

Azalea was not only good at Face-Changing Art, but she was also skilled at the Art of Charming. She could make any man fall for her charms.

“Hey, doctor. We meet again.” Azalea took out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat off Dustin’s forehead. “Does it feel bad? How about we go up and have a rest?”

“Cut the crap!” Dustin pushed her hand aside and uttered coldly, “I will never collude with you people!”

“Why are you making this so hard, doctor?” Azalea sighed lightly. “If you join us and become my junior, we’ll be together forever. Wouldn’t that be great?”

“What utter rubbish!” Dustin glared at her. “You want me to join you after I’ve witnessed you using such underhanded methods? Dream on!”

“I know my actions have been impudent, but I have no other choice. I cherish you a lot, and I’d do anything for you,” Azalea smiled as she said.

Dustin sneered. “If that is so, kill Astrid first, then!”

“No problem.” With a smile still on her face, Azalea suddenly drew her sword and stabbed Astrid’s chest.

Chapter 643

“Ugh-!” Astrid froze.

Astrid looked at Azalea, who had a smile on her face, and then down at the sword in her chest. She was filled with shock and disbelief. She never imagined that Azalea would kill her without hesitation when she was smiling cheerfully just a second ago. There weren’t any signs. throughout the entire situation.

“What?” Dustin was also bewildered at the sudden turn of events. He had casually mentioned it without expecting anything to happen. He would never imagine that Azalea would not only take it seriously but also act without hesitation and plunged her sword straight into her senior’s chest. He wondered if this woman was ruthless or just truly insane.

“W-why?” Astrid spat out the words with difficulty, glaring at Azalea with wide eyes. Mixed emotions flashed across her face-disbelief, fury, resentment, and defiance. But above all, confusion clouded her face. She couldn’t understand why Azalea would kill her.

Was it solely based on Dustin’s words?

“Don’t look at me like that, Astrid. You heard him. He asked me to kill you. I’m in a difficult position as well. You won’t blame me, will you?” Astrid put on an innocent act.

“You…” Astrid was about to say something when she spat out a mouthful of blood.

“Look at you, you soiled my clothes.” Azalea patted the blood stains on her clothes in disgust before pulling out her sword forcefully. Following the sound of a sharp whistle, blood gushed from Astrid’s chest, and her body went limp. She collapsed to the ground as life drained from her.

“Azalea, what are you doing?” The group of masked women was shocked to see Astrid fall. They never imagined that they would end up turning against each other.

“You shall fall too.” Azalea opened up her palm and blew lightly at the masked women, creating a crimson mist that enveloped everyone present. Soon, the unsuspecting group of people, including Dahlia, fell unconscious to the ground.

They had set up various foolproof measures to deal with Dustin. However, they had failed to anticipate and have their guard up against the presence of a traitor.

“A-Azalea, you crazy woman. I can’t believe you betrayed us. The Dark Lord will never forgive you! “With her last breath, Astrid lifted her finger with difficulty, her expression filled with resentment.

“You don’t need to worry about that, Astrid. Just go peacefully.” Azalea bent down and stabbed her once more, relaxing only after she was certain Astrid was dead.

After that, Azalea turned to face Dustin and smiled as she asked, “What do you think? Are you satisfied, doctor?”

“I don’t understand. What do you mean by this?” Dustin frowned slightly, her actions coming off as strange.

“You said to kill Astrid earlier, so I helped you to do so. Is there a problem?” Azalea tilted her head in confusion.

Dustin could feel his eye twitching, and he added, “But she’s your senior from the same guild.”

“What about it? Isn’t it normal for members of the same guild to kill each other in the martial world?” Azalea said it like it was a natural occurrence.

“You’re truly insane.” Dustin shook his head. He could tell that the woman in front of him was not mentally stable.

Chapter 644

“Doctor, not only did I betray my guild for you, but I also killed my senior. You’re so mean for calling me that.” Azalea pouted with a bitter expression.

“What exactly are you trying to do?” Dustin questioned her.

“Don’t overthink it. I just want to be friends with you, nothing more,” Azalea said with a grin.

“I don’t think I can afford to be your friend. There might come a day where you’d thrust a knife into my back,” Dustin responded bluntly.

“Hey, I can’t bear to do that. Besides, if anyone is thrusting anything, it’d be you.” She smiled charmingly.

The corners of Dustin’s mouth twitched upon hearing her words. Did this woman just make a dirty joke?

“If there’s nothing else, I’m leaving.” Unwilling to stay any longer, Dustin prepared to leave and picked up the unconscious Dahlia.

“Hold on.” Azalea suddenly took out a small vial and passed it to Dustin. “This is the antidote for Tranqurin. You should take it. Otherwise, you’ll have serious long-term effects.”

“There’s no need. I wasn’t poisoned.” Dustin shook his head.

Azalea was taken aback. “You weren’t poisoned? But you were sweating and lost your strength.”

“You guys can’t be the only ones allowed to act, don’t you think?” Dustin replied nonchalantly.

Although Tranqurin was powerful, it was only effective against martial artists below the rank of grandmasters. When used against grandmasters, its effects were greatly diminished. The remaining effects of the poison would be easily neutralized.

“You pretended so well that even I couldn’t tell.” Azalea was in shock for a moment, then she rolled her eyes. “If I had known you weren’t poisoned, I wouldn’t have taken such a big risk and killed my senior. I just put myself in trouble.”

“I appreciate your goodwill. Consider me indebted to you this time.” Dustin changed the subject. No matter how he could have settled the situation himself, she did help him and even gave him the antidote voluntarily. Naturally, he had to accept her kindness.

“I’m reassured by your words.” Azalea chuckled and gave a satisfied smile. “Oh, by the way, you need to stab me before you go.”

“Stab you? Why?” Dustin was perplexed.

“We should complete the show. My seniors are dead, and I won’t be able to explain it to my mentor if I return back unharmed. So, I need your help to stab me in the chest.” Azalea opened up her coat as she spoke, revealing her voluptuous bosom.

“Is that necessary?” Dustin frowned. “The Dark Lord is not a good person. The venomous curse has been dispelled from your body anyway. He won’t be able to control you any longer. Why do you still continue to be his disciple?”

“I didn’t expect you to care about me, doctor. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’ll leave when the time is right, but now is not the time.” Azalea smirked.

“I’m just giving you advice. The specifics are up to you.” Dustin left it to her to decide instead.

“Come now. Leave me a memento.” Azalea spread her arms as if she was ready to be slaughtered.

Dustin was helpless. He had no choice but to pick up a dagger and stab her in the chest. His aim was precise, avoiding any lethal areas and sensitive parts.

Azalea hissed. “That really hurt!”

“You got stabbed for no reason; of course, it hurt.” Dustin took out a pill and handed it to her, saying, “This is Haemotrol. It’ll help you heal faster. Take it when you see fit.”

“Thanks, doctor.” Azalea smiled sweetly. It appeared as if she remembered something as she suddenly said, “Oh, right. It’ll be the New Year soon. Ask the Harmons to be careful. They might have a difficult year ahead. My mentor, the Dark Lord, has arrived at Millsburg. He might even step in personally.”

“I understand. Thanks for the warning.” Dustin nodded thoug

Was the Dark Lord finally appearing after laying low for so long? they could take the necessary precautions soon.

and to notify the Harmons so

Chapter 645

The next morning, at Nicholson Corp., Dahlia woke up groggily and found herself lying on the sofa of her office. She was covered with a thick blanket, and there was even a steaming glass of milk on the table beside her.

Last night’s events were still fuzzy to her, and she rubbed her head, which was throbbing slightly in pain. Feeling parched, she picked up the glass of milk and finished it in one go. It made her feel warm inside, giving her a slight relief from the discomfort she was feeling.

“Dahlia, you’re awake.” At that moment, Dustin walked in with the breakfast that he had just bought.

“Why are you here?” Dahlia’s brows creased into a frown, and her expression turned cold.

“I didn’t know where you lived, so I brought you back to your office for the night.” As he was talking, he took out a takeaway container with a full English breakfast inside as well as a bowl of chicken soup.

“I’m asking why you are here?” Dahlia asked in exasperation.

“Have you forgotten about what happened last night?” Dustin was confused.

“Last night?” Dahlia recollected her thoughts, and last night’s events became clearer. She remembered being drugged and found herself tied up when she woke up. Her kidnapper had intended to threaten Dustin with her, but it seemed like their plan had failed.

“It’s alright if you don’t remember. The drug is still in your system, so you’ll feel groggy for the time being. Here, eat up first.” Dustin passed the steaming hot chicken soup to Dahlia.

“Go away! I don’t need you putting on an act here!” Dahlia was ruthless as she slapped the bowl of chicken soup to the ground. Her tone was frosty as she said, “Don’t think I’ll be grateful to you just because you saved my life last night, you murderer’” She couldn’t act like nothing had happened when her brother passed away a few days ago.

Dustin shook his head. “Dahlia, your brother’s death has nothing to do with me.”

“They saw you! My mother saw you! Are you telling me they are lying?” Dahlia bellowed.

“They only saw what happened on the surface. They’re not aware of the truth.” Dustin turned. solemn before he continued, “I did beat James up, but that doesn’t mean I killed him. He was poisoned to death. Someone is trying to frame me and get in between us!”

“Fine, you said you were framed. Where’s the evidence? How are you going to prove your innocence?” Dahlia questioned.

“I found the murder weapon. And I have your brother’s autopsy results. You’ll find that it is suspicious if you examine it in detail.” Dustin took out the evidence he carried with him constantly and displayed it in front of Dahlia.

“This is just a piece of paper and a needle. Do you think I’ll believe you with just these?” Dahlia remained unyielding. An autopsy report could be fabricated with money. It was not persuasive whatsoever.

“Dahlia, we’ve been married for three years. You should know my character. I’ve never done anything to hurt you,” Dustin said seriously.

“I used to think I knew you well. However, I’ve come to realize that I can’t see through you at all.” Dahlia’s expression was icy. The more she interacted with him, the more she found him shrouded in a veil of mystery. No matter how hard she tried to unravel his true intentions, she was unable to read him. This was exactly why she struggled to trust him.

Dustin lifted three fingers. “Dahlia, I swear! I didn’t kill your brother!”

“What’s the point of saying all this? Everyone thinks you’re the murderer. I can’t forgive you! Please, get out!” Dahlia pointed at the door, ordering him to leave. She was afraid that her resolve would weaken if he continued speaking. Despite her lingering feelings for Dustin, she couldn’t forgive him on behalf of her late brother.

“Dahlia, I’m doing all I can to find the murderer. Just give me a little more time. I’ll definitely be able to prove my innocence!” Dustin swore.

“Are you still trying to argue at this point?” Dahlia gritted her teeth. “If you had repented sincerely, you may have had a chance. But you’re not only escaping responsibility; you’re making up all kinds of excuses right now. I’m really disappointed in you. I don’t want to see you ever again; leave immediately!”

“What exactly do I need to do for you to believe me?” Dustin furrowed his brows.

“You want me to believe you? Fine! If you jump down from here to prove your innocence, I’ll believe you!” Dahlia spat out in a fit of anger.

Chapter 646

Since they were on the 30th floor, anyone who jumped down from that height would not be able to survive. Dahlia was trying to get Dustin to back down and leave.

“Alright, I’ll jump.” Dustin nodded. Without hesitation, he turned and crashed through the full- length glass window, hurtling down from the 30th floor.

Dahlia stood frozen on the spot, her mind blank with disbelief. The words had only escaped her lips in a fit of anger. She never would have imagined that Dustin would follow through with her demand.

“Dustin!” Dahlia screamed after returning to her senses. She rushed toward the shattered window and looked down. Dustin had vanished from sight. She knew that no ordinary person would survive such a bone-shattering fall. Her legs gave away, and she collapsed to the ground with a thud. While she sat on the ground, she could not hold back her tears.

“Why? Why did it turn out like this? Dustin, why did you jump? How can you be so foolish? What am I supposed to do now that you’re gone? What should I do?” Dahlia sobbed uncontrollably, her tears streaming steadily down her cheeks. She was filled with regret. She regretted her impulsive words that were spoken in the heat of the moment. She regretted not trusting Dustin, and she regretted forcing him to prove his innocence by taking his own life. Ultimately, she was the cause of his death.”

“Dustin, I believe you… I believe you now! Come back. Please, come back!” Dahlia was so distraught, she was weeping bitterly. She longed for everything to be a dream, wishing that it was all just an illusion. As long as she woke up, Dustin would be standing before her once again.

“This is my fault. I caused your death. My brother is gone, and now you’re gone too. There’s no reason for me to continue living. Wait for me, I’ll meet you soon.” Dahlia staggered to her feet, moving toward the windows with a determined expression.

“Hey, where are you going to meet me?” Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice behind her. At that moment, she froze, thunderstruck. Her eyes widened, and she stiffly turned her head around.

Dustin had just leaped down the building moments ago, but now he was standing unscathed before her. She froze. Doubting her own eyes, she rubbed them. Wasn’t he dead? How did he come back to life?

“Don’t worry. I’m not dead. However, you can’t go back on your words now. You said you believed me.” Dustin smiled gently..

As soon as he said that, Dahlia flung herself heavily into his arms. “You lunatic! You’re a real lunatic! Who told you to jump? Don’t you cherish your life? Do you know how worried I was? What would I have done if you had died?”

Tears streamed down Dahlia’s face as she pounded relentlessly on Dustin’s chest with both fists, taking out her pent-up grievances on him. But it didn’t satiate her anguish, and she sank her teeth. forcefully into his shoulder. In the end, she hugged him tightly, afraid that he would suddenly vanish into thin air.

Chapter 647

“Alright, that’s enough. Stop crying. Can’t you see I’m alive and well?” Dustin patted Dahlia’s back, consoling her.

This was the first time they were wrapped in such a tight embrace. Dustin could not only smell the natural body scent she emanated, but he could also feel her voluptuous breasts pressing against his chest. It distracted him momentarily.

“Hmph! But you almost died earlier!” Dahlia pounded on his chest again.

“I had no choice. You were the one who told me to jump.” Dustin put on an innocent expression.

“You jumped just because I told you so? Why don’t you eat shit too if I ask you?” Dahlia’s tone was upset.

“Heh… that’s too much,” Dustin replied awkwardly.

“Eating shit is too much, but jumping down a building is not? What exactly were you thinking?” Dahlia jabbed a finger against Dustin’s forehead.

“I was too impulsive earlier. I promise there won’t be another time,” Dustin admitted to his faults.

He had witnessed the entire scene earlier, where Dahlia cried inconsolably upon realizing he had, jumped off the building. She was even willing to follow him into the afterlife. He wasn’t only surprised, he was also delighted. This was the first time he understood how important he meant to her.

“Hmph! It’s your life! I don’t care, so do whatever you want!” Dahlia wiped her tears away before her expression hardened. “One more thing. Although I believe that you have nothing to do with my brother’s death for now, that doesn’t mean this situation is over. I’m going to find the murderer and avenge James!”

“Leave it to me. I’ll find the murderer. I’ve sent someone to investigate. I believe there will be news soon.” Dustin was serious. He wouldn’t let the person who dared frame him off that easily. Whoever it was, he was going to make sure they paid the price.

“Hey! What are you two doing?” Suddenly, they heard someone cry out by the door. It was Florence, Victoria, and Julie, walking in angrily.

“You son of a bitch! How dare you show up here when you killed my son!” Florence erupted in anger when she saw Dustin; her expression was menacing.

“I told you. I have nothing to do with James’ death.” Dustin shook his head.

The evidence is as clear as day, and yet you’re still denying it?” Florence’s tone was dripping with resentment as she said, “No matter what you say, I’m going to send you to prison!” She was about to make a move when Dahlia suddenly stood in front of her.

“Hold on! Mom, this is a misunderstanding. Dustin is not the murderer!”

“What?” Florence was stunned. She looked at Dahlia in disbelief. “Dahlia, have you gone crazy? How can you defend this bastard?”

“Mom, I feel sad about James’ death too, but we can’t let hatred cloud our judgment.” Dahlia.picked up the report from the table and showed it to them. “This is James’ autopsy report. It shows that he died from poisoning. Dustin didn’t kill him. It’s all a big misunderstanding!”

“Nonsense! I won’t believe any autopsy report. I will only believe what I saw with my own eyes, and I saw Dustin kill him!” Florence gritted her teeth.

“That’s right! It’s just a piece of paper. Dustin might have fabricated the results to clear his name!” Julie chimed in.

“Dahlia, you need to stay resolute. Don’t be deceived by his sweet words!” Victoria warned her.

“It’s real, take a closer look. There’s an official stamp and a doctor’s signature. We can get it verified anytime.” Dahlia tried to persuade the three of them.

“Verified, my ass!” Florence snatched the autopsy report and ripped it to shreds. “I don’t care where he got this damned thing; I won’t believe it! I’m going to bring him to justice today!”

“Mom, if you don’t believe him, you should at least believe in me, right? I can assure you that he isn’t the murderer!” Dahlia was serious.

Dustin’s actions earlier had already proven his innocence. Moreover, if he were truly the killer, why would he go to such great lengths to obtain evidence? He could have simply escaped without a trace.

Chapter 648

“Dahlia! Did this bastard feed you a love potion? How can you believe him?” Florence was both furious and shocked. She couldn’t believe her daughter had turned into such a shameful woman. She was ignoring her brother’s death for the sake of a wretched man. She was even defending the killer. It was foolish behavior!

“I believe him because there are indeed questionable circumstances surrounding James’ death. I don’t wish to unjustly accuse a good man,” Dahlia explained.

“A good man, my fucking ass! You can tell he’s a wretched person just by how obnoxious and cunning he is! I must hand him over to the authorities today!” Florence was unyielding, shouting, and ready to act.

“Mom, can you calm down?” Dahlia stood in front of her mom, trying to stop her.

Florence was enraged and tried to push her daughter aside. “Get out of my way!”

The result was the same, as Dahlia stood her ground. In the end, the two started pushing each other.

“Mom, listen to me. This situation-” Before Dahlia could continue, an enraged Florence delivered a heavy slap across her face.

“Dahlia! What the hell are you doing? James had just passed away, and here you are defending the murderer? Don’t you have a conscience? James is your brother! What kind of a sister are you?” Florence fumed with rage as she screamed. Throughout her life, she had never laid a hand on her daughter until today.

“Florence, you can scold her and be mad all you want, but it’s a little inappropriate to hit your child.” Realizing that the situation was getting out of hand, Victoria tried to calm the situation.” Dahlia, you’re in the wrong too. How can you fight your mother for the sake of an outsider?”

“That’s right, Dahlia. Stop being stubborn and step aside.” Julie reasoned as well.

Dahlia kept her composure even as her cheek burned Calmly, she told her mother, “Mom, can you believe me this once? Give Dustin a chance to prove his innocence; I’m begging you.”

“You-!” Florence was frustrated at Dahlia’s behavior and was about to strike her again, but ultimately, she was unable to bring herself to do it. She knew her daughter’s personality well. It was hard to change her mind once she had made a decision.

Dustin finally spoke up. “Give me five days. I’ll definitely catch the murderer within five days. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with me.” His words were resolute.

“Fine, I’ll give you a chance! Let’s see what tricks you can come up with!” Florence suppressed her anger and turned to Dahlia before saying, “As for you, you’re going to regret going against us for that bastard someday!” And with that, Florence left, irritated.

“Rhys, you have five days! I’ll be sending someone to tail you!” After a final threat, Julie and her mother followed Florence out the door.

“I’m sorry for putting you through that.” Noticing her slightly swollen cheek, Dustin felt a pang of guilt Florence hadn’t held back earlier.

“It’s nothing.” Dahlia shook her head slightly. “Your main priority now is to find the murderer. Otherwise, my mom will never let you off the hook,

“I understand; I’ll take care of it right away.” Dustin nodded and left soon after.

The only reason he was searching for the murderer was to clear his name. However, he was now driven by a personal grudge, and it was poised to be deadly.

Chapter 649

Dustin’s phone suddenly rang on his way back to the Flame Dragon Dojo. Abigail’s voice came through on the other side of the line when he answered.

Her tone was anxious as soon as she spoke. “Sir, things are not good! There’s some trouble at home!

“What kind of trouble?” Dustin’s forehead creased slightly with worry..

“I’m not sure of the exact situation, but there are a lot of people outside our house and two excavators. It seems like they are going to forcibly demolish our house.”

“Forced demolition? That’s going overboard!” Dustin’s expression darkened. “Try to hold them back, I’ll be there immediately.”

“It’s no use; they’re starting-!” While Abigail was speaking, she seemed to notice something and cried out, “You bastards, how dare you lay a hand on my father! I’m not going to let you off!”

“Abigail, don’t be rash!” Dustin tried to warn her, but she had already hung up. As they were clearly in danger, Dustin didn’t hesitate when he turned the car around and sped toward Central Village in a rush.

20 minutes later, at the entrance of a two-story home in Central Village, Abigail held a baseball bat with both hands, keeping guard at the front. She was sweating profusely and panting; her complexion was pale. It was obvious that she was out of energy. However, at her feet were the bodies of more than ten men. They were the gangsters she had beaten to the ground for trying to demolish her home. Every one of them at least had one broken bone as they laid on the ground, groaning in pain. The rest of the gangsters were stunned and afraid to approach.

“Damn it, why is this kid so fierce? She’s a female tiger!” The gangsters grumbled under their breaths. Although they looked menacing, their gaze showed a hint of fear.

They had gotten used to acting haughty and arrogant. Owing to their numbers, everything they did usually went smoothly and effortlessly. They didn’t expect to run into a headstrong individual. today.

A teenage woman between the ages of 17 to 18 had single-handedly knocked down more than ten of their men. They wouldn’t have believed that there was such an extraordinary woman living in Central Village had they not seen it With their own eyes.

At that moment, the window of a Mercedes Benz was rolled down, and a young man wearing sunglasses with hollow cheeks poked his head out. He yelled loudly, “Hey, what are you guys doing just standing there? Take her down immediately!”

“Sir, she’s too good. We aren’t able to advance.” One of the gangsters reported.

The young man in sunglasses berated them loudly. “Do whatever it takes! You can’t handle a small child? What am I keeping you, useless idiots, for? Get her!”

“Yes, sir.” The gangsters wore bitter expressions, but they could only nod. After exchanging glances, they gritted their teeth and charged forward

“You guys again?” Abigail took a deep breath and swung her baseball bat, taking them on. Although her moves were uncoordinated, they were powerful and fast, leaving the gangsters. overwhelmed and unable to defend themselves.

Ever since Dustin taught her martial arts, she never slacked off. Now, she was comparable to a low -level martial artist, possessing strength and speed greater than ordinary folks. With a weapon in hand, she fought fiercely. The gangsters lying on the floor were a testament to her hard work.

Naturally, her weakness was also apparent. Although she had managed to cultivate internal energy, she lacked experience, not knowing how to control her power. Since she fought this battle purely on instinct, it not only consumed her internal energy greatly but also didn’t yield optimal results Had she gone against a skilled opponent, she would have been at a disadvantage.

Abigail swung her bat again, and with a bang, it bent the steel pipe held by one of the gangsters. and struck him hard on the head. The gangster fell unconscious to the ground with a groan. After taking on the last person, Abigail was exhausted. She stumbled, barely able to keep herself upright. Beads of sweat dripped down her forehead, and she gasped heavily. In the end, she could only support herself with the baseball bat to prevent herself from collapsing.

Chapter 650

“Good job, you gave them a good beating!”

“These bullies who only pick on the weak deserve to be punished!”

The onlookers, who were all Abigail’s neighbors, cheered and applauded when they saw that Abigail had won. They were often bullied by the gangsters and finally felt avenged.

“Abigail, you’re too impulsive. You shouldn’t have laid a hand on these people!” At that moment, Mr. Robinson limped forward, his face etched with worry.

“Why can’t I? They’re bullying us. Do you want me to just take this sitting down?” Abigail frowned. She thought her courageous act would earn her father’s praise. She didn’t expect him to reprimand her instead.

“Abigail, you’re too young. You don’t understand how evil society is. These men have people backing them. The situation will only worsen since you beat them up.” Mr. Robinson had a pained expression.

“So what if they have someone backing them? Do you think I’m afraid? Not to mention, if I hadn’t acted, would our house still be standing here?” Abigail scoffed.

“Wealth is an external possession. It’s alright if they tear down our house, as long as we are safe. You should always remember that safety comes first!” Mr. Robinson said earnestly.

“Hmph! You’re such a coward that you won’t even retaliate when someone beats you up. Do you know that the weaker you are, the more you’ll be targeted? How long will it take for you to stand up for yourself!” Abigail screamed.

“I…” Mr. Robinson was rendered speechless. As a father, he only wished for his daughter’s safety. It didn’t matter if he was wronged.

“I didn’t expect you to have some skills, little brat. Suddenly, the young man in sunglasses opened the car door and got out. Behind him were two burly bodyguards dressed in suits.

“And who are you?” Abigail gripped her baseball bat once more, her expression wary.

“I’m Chad Miller from the Charging Tiger Gang. You just beat up my men earlier.” The young man. in sunglasses said nonchalantly.

“The Charging Tiger Gang?” The onlookers’ expressions fell with his revelation.

The Charging Tiger Gang was one of the four biggest gangs in Millsburg. They were even stronger than the Flame Dragon Gang They mainly engaged in illicit activities and recruited vile people. Notorious for their brutal methods, anyone who resisted the Charging Tiger Gang would suffer unimaginable pain. Over time, they became untouchable as their reputation spread far and wide. Just the mention of their gang sent fear through the crowd.

“So what if you’re from the Charging Tiger Gang? I’m not afraid of you!” Abigail raised her bat, her gaze determined.

Chad chuckled. “I admire your bravery, so I have decided to give you a chance.” With a grin, he said, “As long as you agree to be my slave and serve me day and night, I’ll let the both of you go.

How about it?”

“What a load of crap! Get lost, before I make you!” Abigail bellowed.

“You little brat, I’m trying to be kind here. I dislike being rejected. The consequences will be severe if you make me angry.” Chad’s expression was grim.

“Sir Chad, let’s talk this out.” Suddenly, Mr. Robinson rushed up to him and smiled apologetically. ” My daughter is young and naive. I hope you will be kind enough to let her go for her impudence.”

“Old man, who do you think you are? Do you think I’m going to let her go just because you said so? *Chad glanced sideways at him.

“Sir Chad, aren’t you here to demolish the house? We’ll move immediately and won’t take up your time.” Mr. Robinson said as he hunched forward.

“A tit for tat. I want both the house and your daughter. If you don’t want to die, then get lost!” Chad was losing his patience.

“Sir Chad-”

“I told you to get lost!” Mr. Robinson was about to plead when Chad raised his hand and delivered a resounding slap, knocking Mr. Robinson to the ground.

“Dad” Abigail’s face twisted in anger.

“How dare you hit my dad! I’m going to fight you to death!” She gritted her teeth and charged forward furiously. As she got closer, she lifted her baseball bat and aimed it at Chad’s head.

“No!” Mr. Robinson exclaimed in alarm.

Just when it seemed like the bat was going to reach Chad, one of the bodyguards extended a hand out and grabbed the bat. With a gentle squeeze, they heard a crisp-sounding crack. The bat, which was as thick as an arm, was crushed instantly, leaving wood chips scattered all over the ground.

Chapter 651

Abigail was shocked by how easily he had broken the baseball bat. It was thicker than her arm, for goodness sake! And that person had just snapped it in half like it was nothing? This man must be ridiculously strong!

“Is that all you’ve got? How dare you attack my boss when you’re so weak?” One of the bodyguards sneered disdainfully and sent a kick straight to Abigail’s abdomen.

Abigail was sent flying into the air and landed heavily on her back, almost 10 feet away. Blood trickled down from the corners of her lips, and for a moment, she could not even get up. She was all out of internal energy, and her body was exerted beyond its limits. She had no strength left to fight back. But her gaze was still firm; it was obvious she wasn’t ready to admit defeat.

“Oi, bitch! Don’t you ever, for a single second, think that you can pull this kind of shit with me just. because you practice some martial arts! I am from the Charging Tiger gang, and we have countless experts among us. Defeating a small fry like you is a piece of cake for us!” Chad straightened out his suit, walked up to her, and looked down at her condescendingly. “You have only one option now, and that is to obey me. If you do not, I’ll make sure that you regret your decision.”

“Cut the nonsense! Just kill me already!” Abigail forced her words through gritted teeth, ready to embrace death.

“Kill you? Hahaha! You’re not getting out of this so easily!” Chad smirked. “Since you’re not doing as you’re told, I think it’s time I teach you a little lesson. Boys, tear her house down!”

“Yes, sir!” Upon his command, the two excavators that were stopped right in front of the house were immediately ignited. Then, accompanied by the roar of the machinery, they crashed straight through the courtyard fence, over the vegetable patch, and went straight for the house.

“Stop it! Stop this right now!” Abigail was livid. She struggled to get on her feet, but Chad kicked her to the ground again.

Loud crashing noises could be heard as the excavators tore through the walls and broke
everything down. In no time, the house was tattered and unsteady; it was reduced to piles of rubble, and fine dust rained down.

“Stop it!” Abigail screamed with all her might as tears streamed down her face. There was nothing she could do but watch helplessly as her house was torn down. Her heart ached so badly, as though it was cut into pieces. At that moment, it finally dawned on her how essential a person’s
abilities were. Had she been stronger, this would never have happened.

The onlookers sighed as they watched from afar None of them dared to step up and defend the Robinsons, as the perpetrator was from the Charging Tiger gang. One would have to be a fool to cross them.

Suddenly, an ear-splitting boom was heard, and the house collapsed instantly. Abigail was heartbroken. She could not accept that the place she had called home for so many years and held so many beautiful memories was now in ruins.

“Well? Have you changed your mind yet?” A malicious grin spread out on Chad’s face. “Destroying the house was just the start. If you continue to refuse, then your father is next.” With that, he signaled his bodyguards, and they immediately understood what he meant. Without another word, they grabbed hold of Mr. Robinson and pinned him down on the ground. One of them stepped on his head while the other held a machete in his hand, giving him a contemplative look as if he was thinking about where he should start.

“Let go of him!” Gripped by fear, Abigail threw a punch at Chad, but he easily deflected it.

“Abigail, go! Don’t worry about me! Run!” Mr. Robinson shouted.

“My! What a touching scene!” Chad chuckled mirthlessly. “Unfortunately for you, I despise sappy scenes. Boys, chop that old geezer’s hand off!”

“Yes, sir!” The bodyguard, who had a machete with him, answered before swiftly raising the machete above his head.

“No!” Abigail shrieked in despair.

Just as the machete was brought down, a person appeared out of nowhere and grabbed it by the blade. Surprised by the resistance, the bodyguard looked up and found an impassive yet handsome face staring back at him. The person’s face was devoid of any emotion whatsoever. The bodyguard had a gut feeling that the person before him was not an average person but a lurking beast ready to pounce at any moment. The bodyguard felt an unknown terror rise within him.

“It’s you, sir?” Once the initial shock wore off, a wave of relief washed over Abigail, and she could no longer hold back the tears. Her savior had finally arrived.

“Tearing down houses against the owners’ will and assaulting them in public. Where did you get the audacity to do such things?” Dustin asked with an icy glint in his eyes.

Chapter 652

“Hey, punk! Where did you come from? How dare you meddle with my business!” Chad glared at him. He had yet to come across someone who did not tremble at the name of the Charging Tiger gang, but here was this insolent bastard who stood up for others and went against him. Did he have a death wish?

“You will pay back 10 times what the house is worth for demolishing it against their will. And whoever struck them, chop your hand yourself. If you do what I say, I’ll consider letting you go,” Dustin said nonchalantly.

“Let us go?” Chad cackled and looked at Dustin like he was an idiot. “Hey buddy, do you even know what you’re saying? Go, take a look in the mirror, man! You’re not a hero, and you damn sure ain’t going to be saving the damsel in distress today!”

“Where did this impulsive lad come from? Where did he get the courage to interfere with the Charging Tiger gang? Does he have no fear?”

“I applaud him for his bravery, but he must not be too bright to be doing something like that!”

“The Charging Tiger gang is renowned for being mercilessly brutal. This young man is getting himself into some unnecessary trouble!”

The onlookers whispered among themselves when they heard what Dustin said.

“I’ll count to three. If you do not do as I say, I’ll have to take action myself. And if I do, it won’t be as simple as chopping your hands off anymore,” Dustin warned.

“Well, aren’t you a cocky one?” Chad’s fury was ignited by Dustin’s words. “Bobby! Donny! Get him!”

“Yes, sir!” The two bodyguards exchanged looks and simultaneously threw a punch at Dustin’s face, one on the left and one on the right. The moment Dustin showed up, they felt a very imposing aura from him, so neither of them held back when they threw their punches. They gave it all they had, intending to take him out with a single move.

“You underestimate me.” Dustin scoffed and reached out with both hands, accurately grabbed both the bodyguards’ wrists, and then twisted them forcefully. With two loud cracks, their arms. were broken then and there. Their arms were badly deformed, and the broken bones pierced through flesh and skin, it was a gruesome sight for all..

“Ahhh!” Both men let out agonizing screams with tortured expressions on their faces. But before they could even move, Dustin continued with his assault. He threw a punch with both hands, each one aimed at the two men’s chests. With two dull thuds, their sternums collapsed, and indentations the size of a fist could be seen on their chests.

At the same time, the two burly men were sent flying several feet away and crashed heavily into piles of rubble-like bags of sand. They both coughed out blood and laid unconscious. Although they did not die on the spot, they had little time left to live.

Chad was shocked by what he saw. His bodyguards were considered elites in the Charging Tiger gang, and they could take out at least 100 regular people on their own. No matter what trouble he got himself into, they had been able to handle their opponents with a breeze It was beyond him how they could be defeated by just a punch. And they were even so badly hurt that they were on the verge of death. Who on earth was this punk?

“It’s your turn now.” Dustin turned to glare at Chad. So, are you doing it yourself, or shall I do it for you?”

“Y-you! Stay away!” Chad had a bad premonition about the turn of events. “I’m warning you; my father is the leader of the Charging Tiger gang! If you so much as lay a single finger on me, my father will never let you go!”

“The son of the leader of the Charging Tiger gang!” A commotion broke out among the onlookers. They had thought that Chad was just an ordinary member of the Charging Tiger gang, but now that they learned that he was not just any other member but the son of the leader of the gang, it made him seem even more formidable than he already was.

“I don’t care who you are. You either pay up and chop off your arm, or you’ll end up just like them,” Dunstin said without a hint of emotion.

“Are you fucking deaf? I said, my father is the leader of “Chad was cut off mid-sentence as Dustin appeared right in front of him and grabbed him by the throat, lifting him off his feet. With his airway blocked, Chad could not breathe and kicked around wildly as he struggled to free himself.

Fear bubbled from within him and overwhelmed him as he looked into Dustin’s cold, uncaring eyes. At that moment, it finally registered to him that the person before him was an absolute madman who did not give a shit about who he was, If he wasn’t careful, this would be the day he bid the world goodbye.

“Wait, Mr. Rhys!” Right then, Mr. Robinson clambered up from the ground and reasoned with Dustin. “Mr. Rhys, we cannot afford to anger this person. Please put him down quickly, will you? The repercussions will be severe if you do not.”

“I shall bear every consequence of my actions,” Dustin assured.

“Mr. Rhys, I know that you’re powerful, so you’re not afraid of the Charging Tiger gang, but that isn’t how things are for us. We’re just ordinary civilians. We cannot afford to offend people like them. If you hurt him, we will also be dragged into the mess.” Mr. Robinson looked at Dustin with despair.

“Will you let him go just like that after all these terrible things he has done to you?” Dustin frowned.

“Mr. Rhys, peasants like us have no choice. All we ask for is a life of peace. Though we’ve indeed lost our house, we can still build another. As long as we’re unharmed, then it isn’t a big deal. Please, Mr. Rhys, I beg of you, release him.” As Mr. Robinson spoke, he suddenly fell to his knees and began begging Dustin to let go of Chad.

Chapter 653

“Why are you getting on your knees, Mr. Robinson?” Dustin was surprised by the sudden turn of events and quickly reached out to help him up. Though Mr. Robinson was just a regular civilian, Dustin had always viewed him as an elder who deserved respect.

“Mr. Rhys, I know that you’re trying to defend us, but while you may be able to protect us this time, you won’t be here to protect us forever. Mr. Robinson continued, “Using violence against violence will never solve the problem. Why don’t we all take a step back? I don’t mind suffering a little unfairness in life as long as we can continue on with our lives.”

Dustin was rendered speechless when he heard what Mr. Robinson said. When he put himself in Mr. Robinson’s shoes, he had to admit that what Mr. Robinson said made a lot of sense. Dustin might be able to help them out this once, but he wouldn’t be able to be there to help them out all the time.

Peasants had their way of life. Since they could not afford to offend anyone, they had to keep a low profile and watch every step that they took in order not to bring trouble upon themselves. Even if they suffered from any injustice, they would choose to ignore it and pretend that nothing had ever happened. Of course, it must feel terrible to live like that, but it was the only way of life that they knew

“Release him, Mr. Rhys,” Mr. Robinson begged once again. Dustin took a deep breath as he contemplated his decision. In the end, he chose to let Chad go. If even Mr. Robinson, who was the victim of this, did not wish to pursue the matter any further, then what was the point of him insisting on making Chad pay for his actions?

“Thank you for your understanding. Mr. Rhys.” Mr. Robinson nodded at him as a sign of appreciation. Then, he went up to Chad and smiled apologetically. “My apologies, Mr. Miller. That was all a misunderstanding Are you alright?”

“Hah! And here I was, thinking that you were something else. In the end, it turns out that you’re just a loser pretending to be all that!” Chad laughed arrogantly when Dustin finally let go of him. He was under the impression that Dustin only released him because he was intimidated by his power and status. After all, everyone in the entire neighborhood feared the name of the Charging Tiger gang.

“This is all my fault, Mr. Miller. I’m the one to blame Please do not be angry.” Mr. Robinson apologized humbly as he brushed the dust off Chad’s clothes.

“You know what’s good for you, old man.” Chad smiled meanly with a condescending pat on Mr. Robinson’s face as if he were some pet of his. Abigail was infuriated by this action of his. Even Dustin could not help but frown.

“Thank you, Mr. Miller!” Mr. Robinson forced a smile.

“Why are you so quiet now, you asshole? Weren’t you acting all high and mighty just a while ago? I say you’re a gutsy one for daring to play rough with me!” Chad shot daggers at Dustin.

“I’m only letting you go for Mr. Robinson’s sake. You better know your place and don’t cross the line, or you’ll regret it.” Dustin warned coldly.

“I don’t care who you are. You either pay up and chop off your arm, or you’ll end up just like them,” Dunstin said without a hint of emotion.

“Are you fucking deaf? I said, my father is the leader of-” Chad was cut off mid-sentence as Dustin appeared right in front of him and grabbed him by the throat, lifting him off his feet. With his airway blocked, Chad could not breathe and kicked around wildly as he struggled to free himself.

Fear bubbled from within him and overwhelmed him as he looked into Dustin’s cold, uncaring eyes. At that moment, it finally registered to him that the person before him was an absolute madman who did not give a shit about who he was. If he wasn’t careful, this would be the day he bid the world goodbye.

“Wait, Mr. Rhys!” Right then, Mr. Robinson clambered up from the ground and reasoned with Dustin. “Mr. Rhys, we cannot afford to anger this person. Please put him down quickly, will you? The repercussions will be severe if you do not.”

“I shall bear every consequence of my actions,” Dustin assured.

“Mr. Rhys, I know that you’re powerful, so you’re not afraid of the Charging Tiger gang, but that isn’t how things are for us. We’re just ordinary civilians. We cannot afford to offend people like them. If you hurt him, we will also be dragged into the mess.” Mr. Robinson looked at Dustin with. despair.

“Will you let him go just like that after all these terrible things he has done to you?” Dustin frowned.

“Mr. Rhys, peasants like us have no choice. All we ask for is a life of peace. Though we’ve indeed lost our house, we can still build another. As long as we’re unharmed, then it isn’t a big deal. Please, Mr. Rhys, I beg of you, release him.” As Mr. Robinson spoke, he suddenly fell to his knees and began begging Dustin to let go of Chad.

Chapter 654

Caught off guard, Chad stood frozen in place before he could react. When the pain finally hit him, he reached up to touch his head, only to find his hand covered in blood. There was a huge wound on his head!

“You-How dare you hit me?” Chad stared at Abigail in shock and anger. “You are done for! All of you are! I’ll-” A hard slap from Dustin shut him up and sent him sprawling to the ground. For a moment, Chad saw stars and bled from both his nose and mouth. Even two of his teeth were knocked out of his mouth.

“100 slaps, was it? Fine. We can do that.” Dustin grabbed a fistful of Chad’s hair and lifted him off his feet. Then, a torrent of slaps rained down on Chad’s face continuously. Following a series of sharp slapping sounds, Chad’s face became red and swollen, and he was on the brink of losing consciousness.

Shocked by Dustin’s violent assault, the onlookers gaped in terror. The person who was being beaten up was the son of the leader of the Charging Tiger gang! A person whose powers were unimaginable and who had connections in both the legal system and the underworld. People like them always had their way and have never been publicly shamed like this! How did this young. man dare to do something so audacious?

“My word! This brat is gutsy! He even has the guts to beat up the son of the leader of the Charging Tiger gang!”

“I say he’s just impulsive! I don’t think he understands how much trouble he’s gotten himself into!”

“He might have just suffered a good beating for what he’s said, but now that he’s pulled something like this, his life might be on the line!”

The crowd commented on Dustin’s reckless behavior.

“He deserves that!” After everything that Chad put them through, Abigail found Dustin’s actions. very satisfying. Chad had led his men to tear down their house and bullied them as he wished. His actions were horrible, to say the least. And a beast like him deserved every bit of Dustin’s beating.

“Oh no… oh no! He’s done it now. He’s offended the Charging Tiger gang. What do we do now?” Mr. Robinson’s expression was both woeful and flustered. He had tried his best to mediate between. them, but still, he did not manage to calm both parties down, which ended up with the situation. escalating.

After several tens of slaps later, Dustin suddenly felt the weight in his grip disappear. Chad’s hair could no longer sustain his weight and finally gave way, which resulted in a patch of his hair being ripped off his scalp. With a bald spot on the top of his head, Chad slumped to the ground, his face so swollen that it was no longer recognizable.

I’m not done with you yet.” Dustin reached out for Chad’s collar, ready to make good on their deal of 100 slaps. But before he could continue, more than 10 white vans pulled up by the curb. The doors opened, and over 100 henchmen with machetes rushed out of the vans. They were all dressed in black, with a huge image of a tiger’s head embroidered in the middle. They looked mighty and domineering.

“It’s the Charging Tiger gang! These are people from the Charging Tiger gang!” The crowd quickly dispersed, or else they would be dragged into the mess as well.

Chapter 655

“Who would have guessed that the Charging Tiger gang would get here so fast? The young man’s in deep trouble now!”

“Well, he deserves it. I mean, why did he have to go and offend the son of their leader?”

“Exactly. We, common folks, have our way of life. If he didn’t have the power, then he should have laid low. See, now even his life is in danger.” The crowd looked at Dustin as if he were already a dead man

The Charging Tiger gang had always been known for their arrogance and vengefulness. Anyone who offended them met a tragic fate-they’d either go bankrupt, or their family would suffer great tragedy. There has never been an instance like today, where the son of their leader had been beaten up, and so brutally, at that. Even when an ordinary gang member experienced injustice, the gang would go all out to demand a payback. So, now that it happened to their leader’s son, it was inevitable that Dustin and the Robinsons’ would bear the full wrath of the Charging Tiger gang. “Oh no, darn it! Now we’re all done for!” Edmund felt weak in the knees when he saw the fierce appearance of the members of the Charging Tiger gang, and his face paled.

“There are so many of them?” Abigail frowned, worry written all over her face. She could not help the trepidation that crept up on her. She knew Dustin was a skilled fighter, but the Charging Tiger gang had the numbers. She counted at least 100 henchmen, each armed with a machete. No matter how skilled Dustin was, he was severely outnumbered.

Right then, Chad, with his terribly swollen and bruised face, seemed to be aware that something was going on, so he tried his best to open his eyes Managing only to open his eyes into the narrowest of slits, he saw the situation around him and laughed maniacally. “Hahaha! My men from the Charging Tiger gang are here! You, all of you, will die here today!”

“Run, Sir! I’ll hold them back!” Abigail saw the Charging Tiger gang close in on them, and she rushed to stand in front of Dustin, raising the broken bat above her head with a determined look. She had been the one who called Dustin, so now that there was trouble, she had to be the one to bear full responsibility.

“Take care of yourself, kid! These shrimps can’t hurt me,” Dustin said calmly, showing no sign of fear.

“But, Sir, there are so many of them! How can you fend them off alone? I don’t want you to get into. trouble! Quick, go now!” Abigail urged Dustin anxiously.

As they spoke, the gang members had already surrounded them. Even if they wished to leave now, -they no longer had a way out.

“Hah! Weren’t you boasting earlier? Scared now? It’s too late!” With a grotesque expression, Chad hissed, “I’m telling you, this is just the beginning! I will make sure that you pay ten times, no, a hundred times worse for what you did to me! I’ll make your life a living hell!”

“You’re too noisy.” Dustin scoffed before giving Chad a kick that sent him flying several feet away.

“Chad!” The Charging Tiger gang members were astonished and quickly rushed over to help him up. The moment Chad got back on his feet, he spat out a mouthful of blood and nearly fell to the ground once again. The burning desire for revenge kept him going, despite the excruciating pain he was experiencing. His deathly glare was fixed on Dustin, as if he wanted to swallow him whole.

“Who dares hit my son?” A loud, authoritative sound boomed.

The horde of Charging Tiger members who had formed a barrier around Dustin and the Robinsons parted. Soon after, a burly and menacing figure clad in a fur coat strode in with an air of arrogance and confidence. This was none other than the leader of the Charging Tiger gang, Felix Miller!

“No way! The leader of the Charging Tiger gang himself showed up? Things are about to get real ugly!”

“Felix Miller is infamous for his ruthlessness! Anybody who crosses him would much rather face death than endure his torment.”

“If I were the young man, I’d end myself right now to avoid Felix Miller’s cruel torture!”

A commotion broke out among the crowd once more due to Felix Miller’s presence.

For the leader of the gang himself to show up with such a huge entourage, it was obvious that the Charging Tiger gang intended to assert their dominance.

“You’re finally here, Dad! If you were any later, this bastard would’ve finished me off!”

Chapter 656

When Chad saw his father, he immediately ran over to him, stumbling as he went. He looked like a real mess; his face was swollen and bruised, and blood trickled down his mouth.

“How did you end up like this?” Felix frowned, his expression darkening. As a leader of one of the four largest gangs in Millsburg, he was considered an underground overlord. His son had always been the bully, never the other way around. Now that his son has been messed with, it went without saying that he was fuming.

“I didn’t have a choice, Dad! I ran into the greatest idiot today who had zero respect for the Charging Tiger gang! He attacked me out of the blue! Look what he did to me! Look at my face! You have to get revenge for me!” Chad wailed miserably as he ratted on Dustin.

“Who’s the insolent bastard who dared to underestimate the power of the Charging Tiger gang?” Felix snarled.

“It’s him!” Chad pointed his finger at Dustin and said, “He slapped me over and over! My head is still buzzing from the pain!”

“You scumbag! How dare you hit my son? I’ll-” When Felix followed Chad’s pointed finger, he suddenly froze and cut himself off in the middle of his threats. “It’s him?” At the sight of Dustin, all his hair stood on ends, and he felt his skin crawl. A chilly sensation ran from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet.

He had been at the Doyles’ yesterday to watch the dueling competition. The memory of Dustin defeating Terry Doyle with his unbelievable powers was still fresh in his mind. It was shocking!

Terry Doyle was a legendary figure, ranking thirteenth among the Heavenly Immortals. He was widely acknowledged as a martial arts genius and was one of the candidates for the next master of the Balerno martial arts. Any mention of his name evoked admiration from others. But this greaf and legendary figure ultimately met defeat at the hands of Dustin Rhys, so it was easy for Felix to imagine just how formidable the person before him was!

It took a powerful person to know one, and in his position, Felix knew all too well how fearsome a powerful martial artist was. To say that Dustin could single-handedly wipe out the entire Charging Tiger gang was no exaggeration.

“How did I manage to get into trouble with someone so terrifying?” Felix gulped, breaking out in cold sweat. He was truly intimidated by Dustin’s presence.

“You bastard! Now that my Dad’s here, you’re dead meat! No God can save you now!” Chad, still oblivious to Dustin’s status, shouted at him.

“Shut up! Not another word from you!” Gripped with fear, Felix signaled to Chad with his eyes to shut him up. He dreaded even thinking about what would happen to them if this man before him took offense at Chad’s taunts. Harry Hall, the former leader of the Flame Dragon gang, was the perfect example.

“Go ahead, Dad! Use all your most brutal tactics on him! Let this bastard know what it means to be in a living hell!” Chad laughed hysterically.

Dustin frowned at Chad’s words. This minor gesture alone scared Felix so much that he felt his knees buckle. Truth be told, he was just short of peeing his pants.

“Dad, why are you still standing there? Get this brat and show him what you got!” Chad continued.

“To hell with your nonsense, Chad! Shut up!” Felix couldn’t take it anymore and struck his son across the face so forcefully that Chad spun twice before collapsing to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

“D-Dad… why did you hit me?” Chad cupped his swollen cheeks in his hand, unable to wrap his head around what had happened.

But Felix didn’t even spare him a glance as he fearfully approached Dustin. Amidst everyone’s shocked and astonished gaze, he fell to his knees and prostrated in front of Dustin. “I bow before you in reverence, Mr. Rhys! Felix Miller, leader of the Charging Tiger gang at your service, sir!”

Chapter 657

“I bow before you in reverence, Mr. Rhys! Felix Miller, leader of the Charging Tiger gang at your service, sir!” As the crowd watched, Felix fell to his knees and prostrated before Dustin.

A hushed silence fell over the crowd. Chad was dumbfounded, as were Edmund, Abigail, and the onlookers. Even the members of the Charging Tiger gang were dumbfounded. Dustin found himself gaping at the sight before him.

No one had ever imagined that Felix Miller, the fearsome leader of the mighty Charging Tiger gang, known for being merciless, would publicly prostrate before Dustin. It was as though he had met someone whom he greatly admired and feared. It was quite unsettling and unthinkable.

“Wha-Is this for real?” Abigail stared wide-eyed.

“What on earth is going on?” The onlookers looked at each other in bewilderment and disbelief.

“Am I seeing things? The leader is prostrating before the little bastard?” Members of the Charging Tiger gang couldn’t believe their eyes. Their leader held such prestigious status that even among the prominent Fabulous Five, he walked with his head held high. Why then would he tremble and shake at the sight of the young troublemaker, so much so that he could not even stand on his feet?

“No… no way!” Chad shook his head violently, his entire worldview shaken to its core. In his eyes, his father was an upright and heroic figure, always remaining stoic and composed even in the face of adversaries. So how could such a great person assume such a lowly stance before another?

“What are you playing at?” Dustin wondered aloud as he stared at Felix. He was certain that he didn’t know this man. It was truly mind-boggling to have someone get down on their knees on the first meeting.

“I sincerely apologize for our behavior, Mr. Rhys. I hope you can find it in you to forgive us this once if we have offended you.” Felix smiled apologetically, fear evident in his eyes.

“Do I know you?” Dustin asked.

“You don’t know me, but I’ve had the honor of watching you fight. You were incredible at the Doyles’ yesterday. Truly impressive!” Felix praised him.

Dustin had indeed made a reputation for himself across Millsburg after the duel yesterday, and the Flame Dragon gang had risen in the ranks to become the most powerful gang in Millsburg overnight. 1

“Oh, so you were there too.” Dustin nodded with understanding. He finally understood what was going on. The reason Felix feared him so much that he was brought to his knees was that he was intimidated by Dustin’s powers. But that worked well for Dustin, too, because then, there wouldn’t need to be a massacre.

“Dad! What are you doing? You are the formidable leader of the mighty Charging Tiger gang! Why are you on your knees at this bastard’s feet?” When Chad finally came to his senses, he immediately ran up to Felix and demanded an explanation.

“Shut up!” Felix’s expression darkened as he jumped to his feet and gave Chad two slaps across the face. “You insolent child! Apologize to Mr. Rhys right now, or I’ll skin you alive!”

“Me? Apologize to him? Why should I?” Chad held his face in his hand, looking both unwilling and aggrieved.

“Why should you? Because he’s the leader of the Flame Dragon gang, that’s why! And because he’s defeated Terry Doyle! Is that reason enough for you?” Felix roared.

“What? He’s the leader of the Flame Dragon gang?” Chad stood frozen in place upon hearing that. His previous defiance was replaced by complete awe. Though he had never met Dustin in person, he had certainly heard of him.

Dustin had shown up at the dueling competition as the leader of the Flame Dragon gang at the Doyles’ yesterday, intimidating everyone with his presence. Even the elderly master of the martial world personally went up to him to greet him. His talent and strength had marked him out as a person who would undoubtedly emerge as the champion, earning the awe and admiration of countless people.

No wonder his father feared him. So this was the impressive figure who nearly turned the Doyle family upside down! With a thud, Chad’s knees buckled, and he, too, fell to his knees under the astonished gaze of the onlookers.

Chapter 658

For a moment, a commotion spread through the crowd. Felix Miller had just prostrated before Dustin, and now Chad Miller followed suit. What was going on? Was this what they called “like father, like son”? Though they didn’t exactly know what had happened, anyone could tell that the Charging Tiger gang was in trouble. They were sure the handsome young man possessed considerable influence.

“I was wrong, Mr. Rhys. It’s all my fault. I failed to recognize you, and I underestimated you. Please don’t take my wrongdoings to heart. I hope you can find it in you to forgive me,” Chad apologized as he slapped himself repeatedly. With each slap, a loud, clear smacking sound echoed, showing just how hard he was slapping himself. In no time, he quickly made up for the remaining 20 to 30 slaps that Dustin had left out.

“Please get things right. The person you should be apologizing to isn’t me,” Dustin said impassively.

Chad seemed caught off guard initially, but he quickly caught on and went over to Edmund and Abigail. Then, he kneeled and said, “I am truly sorry. This is all my fault. I beg for your forgiveness. I will compensate you ten times for all your losses!”

“Hah! Who wants your filthy money?” Abigail turned away huffily, not wanting to bother herself. with the likes of him.

“What are you doing, Mr. Miller? Please don’t kneel to us!” Edmund was so frightened that he quickly reached out his hand, signaling for Chad to stand up.

“If you don’t forgive me, I will keep kneeling until you do.” Chad seemed bent on receiving their forgiveness.

“Alright, alright, we forgive you. You’re forgiven. Please, do not kneel any longer!” Edmund nodded furiously, obviously overwhelmed by Chad’s behavior. Chad then turned around to glance at Dustin. Only when he saw that Dustin gave him no reaction did he slowly straighten up.

“Mr. Rhys, your magnanimity is truly admirable. You are a role model for people like us!” Felix quickly complemented him when he saw that the critical situation had been averted.

“Pay up first,” Dustin piped up.

“Yes, yes. Right away.” Without a moment’s hesitation, Felix immediately wrote a check for twenty million dollars check and handed it to Edmund.

“It’s… it’s too much!” Edmund dared not take the money.

“What do you mean it’s too much? He owes it to us!” Abigail didn’t waste any time and snatched the check from his hands, stashing it safely away in her pocket.

“Mr. Rhys, I’ve paid them.” Felix conjured up the brightest smile he could manage.

“Now that you’ve paid them, let’s talk business,” Dustin continued. “From what I’ve heard, the Charging Tiger gang is pretty powerful and possesses great influence in the city’s northern region.

“I wouldn’t say we’ve got great influence. We’re just doing okay, I guess. Of course, we’re nothing

“Me? Apologize to him? Why should I?” Chad held his face in his hand, looking both unwilling and aggrieved.

“Why should you? Because he’s the leader of the Flame Dragon gang, that’s why! And because he’s defeated Terry Doyle! Is that reason enough for you?” Felix roared.

“What? He’s the leader of the Flame Dragon gang?” Chad stood frozen in place upon hearing that. His previous defiance was replaced by complete awe. Though he had never met Dustin in person, he had certainly heard of him.

Dustin had shown up at the dueling competition as the leader of the Flame Dragon gang at the Doyles’ yesterday, intimidating everyone with his presence. Even the elderly master of the martial world personally went up to him to greet him. His talent and strength had marked him out as a person who would undoubtedly emerge as the champion, earning the awe and admiration of countless people.

No wonder his father feared him. So this was the impressive figure who nearly turned the Doyle family upside down! With a thud, Chad’s knees buckled, and he, too, fell to his knees under the astonished gaze of the onlookers.

For a moment, a commotion spread through the crowd. Felix Miller had just prostrated before Dustin, and now Chad Miller followed suit. What was going on? Was this what they called “like father, like son”? Though they didn’t exactly know what had happened, anyone could tell that the Charging Tiger gang was in trouble. They were sure the handsome young man possessed considerable influence.

“I was wrong, Mr. Rhys. It’s all my fault. I failed to recognize you, and I underestimated you. Please don’t take my wrongdoings to heart. I hope you can find it in you to forgive me,” Chad apologized as he slapped himself repeatedly. With each slap, a loud, clear smacking sound echoed, showing just how hard he was slapping himself. In no time, he quickly made up for the remaining 20 to 30 slaps that Dustin had left out.

“Please get things right. The person you should be apologizing to isn’t me,” Dustin said impassively.

Chad seemed caught off guard initially, but he quickly caught on and went over to Edmund and Abigail. Then, he kneeled and said, “I am truly sorry This is all my fault. I beg for your forgiveness. I will compensate you ten times for all your losses!”

“Hah! Who wants your filthy money?” Abigail turned away huffily, not wanting to bother herself with the likes of him.

“What are you doing, Mr. Miller? Please don’t kneel to us!” Edmund was so frightened that he quickly reached out his hand, signaling for Chad to stand up.

“If you don’t forgive me, I will keep kneeling until you do.” Chad seemed bent on receiving their forgiveness.

“Alright, alright, we forgive you. You’re forgiven. Please, do kneel any longer!” Edmund nodded. furiously, obviously overwhelmed by Chad’s behavior. Chad then turned around to glance at Dustin. Only when he saw that Dustin gave him no reaction did he slowly straighten up.

“Mr. Rhys, your magnanimity is truly admirable. You are a role model for people like us!” Felix quickly complemented him when he saw that the critical situation had been averted.

“Pay up first,” Dustin piped up.

“Yes, yes. Right away.” Without a moment’s hesitation, Felix immediately wrote a check for twenty million dollars check and handed it to Edmund.

“It’s it’s too much!” Edmund dared not take the money.

“What do you mean it’s too much? He owes it to us!” Abigail didn’t waste any time and snatched the check from his hands, stashing it safely away in her pocket.

“Mr. Rhys, I’ve paid them.” Felix conjured up the brightest smile he could manage.

“Now that you’ve paid them, let’s talk business,” Dustin continued. “From what I’ve heard, the Charging Tiger gang is pretty powerful and possesses great influence in the city’s northern region.

“I wouldn’t say we’ve got great influence. We’re just doing okay, I guess. Of course, we’re nothing compared to you, Mr. Rhys.” Felix smiled humbly.

“Don’t give me that. I know your background pretty well,” Dustin said. “Truth be told, the Flame Dragon gang is looking to expand, so we’re recruiting talented individuals to join us. Would you be interested in joining?”

“Join the Flame Dragon gang?” Felix was taken aback, and it took him quite a while to react. He was the leader of the Charging Tiger gang, so how could he possibly join the Flame Dragon gang? “If you join us, I’ll make you the vice leader. You’ll be on par with Nelson Horst.”

“And what about my Charging Tiger gang?” An uneasy feeling washed over Felix.

“Easy, it’ll be absorbed into the Flame Dragon gang. Dustin dropped a bomb.

“What?” Felix was shocked. He thought Dustin had just mentioned it as a passing comment. Who would have thought that he meant what he said and had actually intended to absorb the entire Charging Tiger gang? Wasn’t that too much?

“What’s the matter? You don’t want to?” Dustin raised an eyebrow.

“Well…” Felix stuttered.

Everyone knew that it was always better to hold an important position in a relatively smaller setting rather than getting a less influential role in a larger, more prominent setting. As the current leader of the Charging Tiger gang, he had absolute control over every one of his members. It was a no-brainer that he wouldn’t want to be demoted to vice leader of the Flame Dragon gang. “If you don’t want to, I won’t force you

When Felix heard that, he heaved a sigh of relief. But Dustin’s next words hit him like a bolt of lightning

“I’ve always been someone who wins others over with my capabilities. I won’t force myself on anyone. This’s why the previous leader of the Flame Dragon gang, Harry Hall, chose to step back. So, what do you think? Do you think he made the right move?” Dustin smiled.

Chapter 659

Felix was frozen with fear when he saw the devilish smile on Dustin’s face. Cold sweat broke out all over him. While others might not know how Harry Hall, the previous leader of the Flame Dragon gang, had died, Felix knew very well why. It was precisely this person standing before him who had killed Harry off to take his place. His talk about winning people over with his capabilities? If anything, that was a blatant threat! If Felix didn’t comply, he might very well end up just like Harry Hall!

“Alright, you may leave now. Till we meet again!” Dustin smiled meaningfully, sending panic through Felix. He knew that he was every part a mortal, just as Harry Hall was. If he really turned Dustin down, he might not live to see the next sunrise.

“Mr. Rhys, it would be my honor to join the Flame Dragon gang. If you would have us, I, Felix Miller, will gladly lead all my members in the Charging Tiger gang to devote ourselves to the Flame Dragon gang!” Felix declared, putting on a righteous front.

“Please don’t feel pressured, Mr. Miller. I don’t like to coerce others.” Dustin shook his head.

“This is no coercion! I’ve long heard of your great reputation, Mr. Rhys, and I greatly admire you. Now that I’ve had the honor of meeting you, I’m completely won over by your character. Please bestow upon me the honor, sir!” Felix cried out passionately.

“Are you sure you wish to join the Flame Dragon gang?” Dustin asked again.

“Of course I’m sure! I believe that under your leadership, Mr. Rhys, the Flame Dragon gang will surpass all others and become the most powerful gang!” Felix praised excessively.

“Very well, from now on, you’ll be the vice leader of the Flame Dragon gang. You’ll still have control over the members who were previously part of the Charging Tiger gang, and all your turf will remain yours,” Dustin announced.

“Thank you for allowing me this honor, Mr. Rhys!” Felix exclaimed with elation. His biggest concern was losing his authority when he joined the Flame Dragon gang. But since that hadn’t changed, and only his title was different, he seemed to have suffered no loss at all.

Before this encounter, Felix had a certain aversion toward Dustin, but now, all he felt was admiration. Dustin was powerful and knew how to make things work in his favor. He was also courageous, and most importantly, Felix saw immense potential in him. It was not a bad idea to serve someone like that.

“Alright, you go ahead and go to the Flame Dragon gang and meet up with Nelson Horst.” Dustin dismissed him with a wave.

“Yes, sir!” Felix answered and quickly left with his men.

As he watched them leave, Dustin fell into deep thought. He knew Felix would have objections, but he had his ways of pursuing him to join willingly. His target wasn’t just the Charging Tiger gang but also the other two major gangs. Simply put, he wanted to merge the four major gangs in order to form new rules and create an orderly system.

Currently, the four major gangs had their own interests at heart and would often get into gang fights with each other. In the eyes of truly powerful people, they seemed trivial and inconsequential, as they had no sense of cooperation. However, once they were merged, they would become an unbelievably formidable power, even surpassing that of the Fabulous Five! Gaining control over the four major gangs would make him the King of the Underworld in Millsburg!

Just then, the sound of a car honking filled the air. Dustin turned around to see a silver Bentley slowly pulling over by the side of the road. As the door opened, an exquisite lady with a perfect figure stepped out of the car and slowly approached them. 1

It was Natasha! She was dressed in a burgundy-red overcoat, a black turtleneck top, and a pair of Hermès boots. She looked stylish and elegant, exuding an air of nobility.

“Why are you here, Natasha?” Dustin’s eyes lit up. Despite being familiar with her, he couldn’t help but be in awe of her beauty every time he saw her.

“I heard Mr. Robinson ran into some trouble, so I came to check on things. Didn’t expect to find you here already!” Natasha smiled.

“Ms. Natasha.”

Chapter 660

Edmund quickly greeted Natasha.

“Ms. Natasha,” Abigail greeted her too.

Back when her father used to work for the Harmons, Abigail had her fair share of interactions with Natasha. She found her to be a thoughtful, caring, and gentle person who would occasionally give her gifts. It wasn’t until Natasha went to Swinton to further her career that the two rarely met anymore.

“Abigail, I haven’t seen you in two years! You’ve grown up into such a beautiful young lady!” Natasha praised with a light-hearted chuckle.

“You’re the beautiful one, Ms. Natasha. There are countless ladies in Millsburg who envy your beauty.” Abigail looked at her with admiration. Few could match Natasha’s beauty and elegance in the whole of Balerno, much less Millsburg.

“How sweet.” Natasha tapped Abigail’s nose adoringly before looking back at the ruins behind them. “It seems like your house has been completely torn down. Why don’t you go back with me to the Harmon estate and stay there for a few days? It’d be a good opportunity for us to catch up too.”

“It wouldn’t be right to trouble you like that, Ms. Natasha. We’ll just find somewhere else to stay for a few days,” Edmund declined.

“It’s almost New Year’s; where will you find a place to stay at a time like this? Besides, we have plenty of empty rooms at the Harmon estate, and you’re familiar with the place too. What harm. will it do to stay there for a couple of days?” Natasha didn’t see any trouble with that at all.

“Well…” Edmund found himself in quite a dilemma!

“Ms. Natasha’s right. If you’re not going, I’ll go myself!” Abigail huffed.

“Don’t hesitate, Mr. Robinson. Come on, get in the car. There are so many of us waiting,” Natasha urged.

“In that case, I’ll have to trouble you then, Ms. Natasha.” Edmund looked around, and in the end, he nodded. It wouldn’t be right to decline such a generous offer. If he refused any longer, it would come off as impolite.

After getting into the car, the four of them quickly left the village. Half an hour later, they arrived at the Harmon estate. Edmund and Abigail couldn’t help but sigh when they saw the familiar sights through the car window. Having worked for the Harmons for so many years, the estate was akin to their second home.

After taking Edmund and Abigail to their lodgings, Natasha led Dustin to Hector’s study room, and they stood outside the door.

“Why have you brought me here, Natasha?” Dustin couldn’t help but wonder.

“There’s something my dad would like to discuss with you.”

“What is it?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe it’s something to do with our marriage.” Natasha smiled coyly.

“Don’t spout nonsense.” Dustin shot her a glare. Nothing was official between them yet, so how could they be talking about marriage? It definitely wasn’t going to be so soon!

“What? Do you not wish to marry me? Or is it because you still have feelings for Dahlia Nicholson? “Natasha asked, subtly probing.

Dustin cleared his throat awkwardly. “If Mr. Harmon wants to meet me, I’m sure he has something important to discuss. We’d better go in now.” Seeing that the conversation was veering into dangerous waters, Dustin swiftly pushed the door open and went in.

“Hah! Just wait till I get the chance to stake my claim on you! I’d like to see how you’ll deny my hand in marriage then!” Natasha thought to herself as she bit her lip. She followed him in soon after.

Inside the study, Hector was quietly reading a book, and the room was still brightly lit. It was obvious he hadn’t slept the entire night. “Oh, you’re here? Have a seat.” Hector put down his book and poured them each a cup of tea when he saw them enter.

“Mr. Harmon, is something the matter? Why did you call me here?” Dustin asked tentatively.

“I heard from Natasha that you gave her a call yesterday, telling her to watch out for the Dark Lord What was that about?” Hector cut straight to the point.

“It was Azalea. She gave me information that the Dark Lord is now in Millsburg. It’s highly likely that he’ll strike again during New Year’s,” Dustin said solemnly.

“It’s three days away from New Year’s Eve. So you’re saying the Dark Lord will appear again in three days?” Hector seemed deep in thought.

“That’s right.” Dustin nodded.

“Sounds like the Dark Lord isn’t planning on letting us have a peaceful New Year’s celebration!” Hector narrowed his eyes ever so slightly as a murderous gleam flashed in his eyes. After fighting and scheming against each other for so long, it was finally time to draw an end to things.

Chapter 661

“How do you plan to deal with this, Mr. Harmon?” Dustin asked.

“Since the Dark Lord is drawing near, I’ll have to make arrangements in advance. Just to be prepared, I’ll spare no expense to hire skilled martial artists to guard the house,” Hector declared in all seriousness.

Not only was the Dark Lord exceptionally skilled in martial art, but he was also accomplished in the mystic arts. The Harmon family’s shadow guards alone were no match for him, so he would need to hire backup. Not only will this strengthen their forces, but it would also minimize potential losses for the Harmons.

“Mr. Harmon, the Dark Lord will not act alone. He has many disciples, and each one of them possesses remarkable skills. You will have to consider that too,” Dustin reminded.

“Yes, I’ll take note of that. The Harmon family will be under strict security measures for the next few days to prevent any unwanted visitors.” Hector nodded.

“Dad, I remember Grandfather saying that we have a trump card. What is it?” Natasha asked out of the blue.

“It’s a person,” Hector replied, his voice lowered.

“A person? Who is it?” Natasha’s curiosity was piqued.

“There are five ultimate grandmasters in Balerno-Paul Hill, Zachary Graves, Ronald Reeds, Clarence Lawson, and Michael Robinson. The person I’m talking about is none other than one of the five ultimate grandmasters, Michael Robinson!”

Hector’s words shocked both Natasha and Dustin.

“The grandmaster Michael Robinson?” Natasha’s eyes widened in extreme astonishment.

The five ultimate grandmasters of Balerno were formidable figures with reputations that extended across the entire nation! They were like towering mountains, magnificent and awe- inspiring, yet seemingly out of reach. When faced with grandmasters, the presence of regular people and low-level martial artists was no different from those of ants. There was even a widely circulated saying that everyone below the level of a grandmaster was like ants, and this went to show the immense power of a grandmaster.

It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that any one of the five ultimate grandmasters alone could easily wipe out the entire Harmon family. So, when Natasha heard her father say that their trump card was Michael Robinson, her first reaction was shock, followed by doubt.

“Dad, you’re not joking, are you? How do we have a connection with Michael Robinson?” Natasha asked, both surprised and skeptical.

“The Harmon family has had its time of glory. What’s the surprise in us having connections with some big shots?” Hector calmly sipped on his tea.

“Dad, what does he look like? Does he look imposing?” Natasha began to gossip.

“I’m not entirely sure how he looks. I haven’t met him in person, either. Your grandfather’s the only one who knows. Your grandfather helped him ten years ago, so he owes us a favor,” Hector explained

“The favor of a grandmaster martial artist is priceless! With Michael Robinson backing us up, dealing with the Dark Lord would be a piece of cake!” Natasha looked overjoyed. “Dad, why haven’t you used this valuable trump card earlier? We wouldn’t have to worry so much then.”

Over the years, the Harmons had been oppressed by the Dark Lord. Every year, several bizarre deaths would happen in the family, wreaking havoc and instilling fear in their hearts. The Harmons would have long since fallen if they had not been so strong and resilient.

“I, too, would like to get rid of the Dark Lord once and for all, but your grandfather had given me strict instructions that unless the safety of the entire Harmon family is at stake, I am not to use the favor.” Hector shook his head.

The Harmons could only ask for Michael’s help once. It only made sense that they should not waste the opportunity on trivial matters. Besides, the Dark Lord had always been cautious, acting in the dark and never showing his face to anyone. Even someone as powerful as Michael would find it arduous to catch him. For a cat to catch the mouse, the mouse had to first come out of hiding…

“Dad, the Dark Lord could barge through our doors at any moment now! Are we still not going to use it?” Natasha insisted. She was impressed by her father’s resilience.

“There’s no rush. I have my plans,” Hector said calmly before adding, “When the time comes, all it takes is a signal from our end, and Michael will be here in no time.”

Chapter 662

“Alright, you’re the leader of the family. It’s your decision ” Natasha didn’t voice much of her opinion. It was true that they shouldn’t play their trump card, Michael Robinson, so easily. The best outcome would be to resolve the crisis and eliminate the Dark Lord of their own means so that not only will they still be in possession of their trump card, but it would also boost the entire family’s morale.

“Mr. Harmon, I’m curious. What grudge the Dark Lord holds against the Harmon family?” Dustin suddenly questioned.

“Well…” Hector seemed to hesitate for a moment.

“Mr. Harmon, I asked because I’m curious. If you don’t feel like telling me, don’t stress about it.” Dustin smiled. He knew better than to probe if it involved any of the family’s secrets.

“Dad, there’s no harm in spilling the truth. Dustin isn’t an outsider,” Natasha coaxed. She, too, didn’t know much about the grievances between her family and the Dark Lord.

“Alright then, if you must know, I’ll tell you.” After some contemplation, Hector began. “The reason behind the resentment between us Harmons and the Dark Lord is simple. It’s all because of riches. “Back in the days, the Harmon ancestors used to be royalty, and we had our period of glory. Back then, our ancestors amassed a huge amount of treasure, and to put things simply, we were immensely wealthy. But as time passed, things happened, and there was a change of monarchies. In order to safeguard the treasure, our ancestors buried them in a safe place and drew out a map pointing to the exact location where the treasure was buried. As a precaution, the treasure map was split into three parts. They were to be kept by the three sons of the Harmon family.

“The original plan had been to use the treasure to aid the Harmon family in regaining their former glory when the time came. But beyond everyone’s expectation, the three sons eventually turned on each other and disappeared with their part of the map. From then on, the Harmon family split into three branches and made their way in the world independent of one another.

“After centuries of ups and downs, the three lineages of the Harmon family eventually reached different outcomes. Some grew stronger, while others declined. And the maps were passed on from one generation to the next. It wasn’t until a decade ago, when Stonia went through some changes which brought about the great earthquake in Dragonmarsh, that something happened. The strongest branch of the Harmon family mysteriously just disappeared overnight! And the two remaining branches were implicated in varying degrees too. We were one of them.

“Fortunately for us, we pulled through it and made it out stronger than before. The other branch, however, did not fare so well and eventually perished.” At the mention of that, Hector stopped abruptly and sighed lightly.

“Dad, I’ve seen the history on the genealogical register, but what has the Dark Lord got to do with this?” Natasha asked.

“All these years, the Dark Lord has had many chances to kill me, but he has always held back. Do you know why?” Hector countered.

“Was it because of the treasure map?” Natasha quickly understood.

“That’s right.” Hector nodded. “Who wouldn’t want to get their hands on immeasurable riches? The Dark Lord is no different. The only reason he hasn’t killed me is because he hasn’t got the map. All this time, he’d been pressuring me in every way imaginable in order to make me give up the map.

“Hang on…” Dustin suddenly asked curiously, “Mr. Harmon, surely this matter about the treasure map is a secret known by only Harmons?”

“Of course.” Hector nodded yet again.

“Well, if this is a Harmon family secret, how would the Dark Lord know about it?” Dustin could not contain his concern.

“Seems like you’ve noticed.” Hector sighed before continuing, “Out of the three lineages of Harmons, one has mysteriously disappeared, one has perished, and we are the last one standing. As for the Dark Lord, he is the sole survivor of the lineage that had perished!”