An Understated Dominance: By Marina Vittori​

Dahlia Nicholson and Dustin Rhys have been married for three years. After Dahlia achieves rapid success, she decides to end her marriage with Dustin, viewing him as a burden. Little does she know that all her accomplishments were actually thanks to him.

CHAPTER 1
My wife is a CEO, she always hates me for being lazy and wants to divorce me. But she doesn't know that her success is bestowed by me.

“Dustin, here is the divorce agreement prepared by Ms. Nicholson. All you need to do is sign them.”

In the president’s office of the Quine Group, the secretary, Lyra Blaine, placed a piece of A4 paper on the table. A man sat opposite her, dressed in plain clothing.

“Divorce? What do you mean?”

Dustin Rhys was taken aback.

“Do you not understand what I’m saying? Your marriage with Ms. Nicholson is over. You’re not even on the same level anymore. Your existence is nothing but a smear on the president’s reputation!”

Lyra pulled no punches as she spoke.

“A smear on her reputation?” Dustin frowned. “Is that how she thinks of me?”

Back when they first got married, the Nicholson family was in ruinous debt. He was the one who helped them when they were at their lowest point. Now that they were rich, Dahlia Nicholson was ready to just kick him out.

“Something like that.” Lyra poked her chin toward the magazine on the table. A photo of a beautiful woman was printed on the front page. “Look at the headline on this magazine, Dustin. Ms. Nicholson’s net worth has hit one billion in the course of just three years, a feat no short of a miracle. She’s now the most desired woman in Swinton! With all this, she’s destined for greatness. But you, you’re just a regular joe. You don’t deserve her at all. I hope that you’ll see some sense and do the right thing.”

When Dustin remained silent, Lyra frowned.

“I know you’re not happy with this, but this is reality,” she continued. “You might have helped Ms. Nicholson when she was in trouble, but she has repaid you for everything you’ve done for her over the last three years. In fact, you’re the one who owes her now!”

“Is our marriage just a business deal to her, then?” Dustin took a deep breath to suppress the emotions within. “If she wants to divorce me, let her speak to me herself.”

“Ms. Nicholson is very busy. She doesn’t need to trouble herself with such trifling matters.”

“Trifling matters?” Dustin was stunned. Then he laughed bitterly. “Is that so? Is divorce a trifling matter to her? She can’t even find the time to speak to me. Truly, she’s that unattainable now!”

“Dustin, don’t delay this any longer.” Lyra pushed the divorce agreement toward him again. “Just sign here and you’ll get a car and a house as compensation. On top of that, you’ll also get eight million dollars. This is more than what you’ll be able to earn in your lifetime!”

“Eight million dollars is a lot, but…I don’t need it. I will sign the divorce papers if she comes personally. Otherwise, I won’t sign anything,” Duston said coldly.

“Don’t go too far, Dustin!” Lyra slammed her hand on the table. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With all her power and resources, Ms. Nicholson can divorce you easily. It’s only because she appreciates her past relationship with you that she’s allowing you to keep your dignity intact. Don’t provoke her!”

“My dignity?” Dustin was a little amused by that. She didn’t even want to speak to him directly to divorce him. What kind of dignity was that? Moreover, if she really did appreciate their relationship, then why was she threatening him now?

“I don’t think we have anything else to talk about, then.”

Unwilling to argue, Dustin stood up and made to leave.

“Dustin Rhys! You—”

Just as Lyra was about to lose her cool, a curvy woman in a long black dress walked in. Her skin was as white as snow, and her features were delicate. Her lofty aura and curvaceous figure made her look like a goddess right out of a painting.

“You’re finally here.”

Dustin felt complicated emotions when he saw the beautiful woman. They had been married for three years, during which they treated each other with care and respect. But this was how it ended. He still didn’t know what he had done wrong.

“I’m sorry for being late, I was caught up with something else.”

Dahlia Nicholson sat down. Her expression was as impassive as ever.

“You certainly are busy, if you need your secretary to help you deal with your divorce,” Dustin said.

Hearing this, Dahlia frowned slightly. However, she did not explain herself. Instead, she said, “Since you’re here, let’s get straight to the point. Let’s end this on a pleasant note. I’m sorry I have to do this to you, so you can have the car and the house, plus eight million dollars as alimony. How does that sound?”

At that, she placed a card on the table.

“Do you really think our relationship can be measured by money?” Dustin asked.

“Too little? That’s alright. Let me know what you want. I’ll give you anything within my power,” Dahlia said placidly.

“I don’t think you understood me. Let me rephrase my question. Are money and power that important to you?” Dustin was truly bewildered.

Dahlia went over to the windows and looked out over the city. There was determination in her eyes when she said, “To me, yes, they’re very important.”

“You’ve earned enough to feed yourself for the rest of your life. Why do this?”

“Dustin, that’s where you and I diverge in philosophy. You’ll never understand what I really want.” Dahlia shook her head in disappointment.

They weren’t just incompatible in status and power; they were also incompatible in their principles. Most importantly, she did not see any hope for the future in him.

“You’re right. How would I know what you’re thinking?” Dustin laughed bitterly. “All I know is to cook for you when you’re hungry, prepare your coat when it’s cold out, and carry you to the hospital when you’re sick.”

“There’s no point in going into this now.” Dahlia’s expression held complicated emotions, but it was soon covered up by determination.

“You’re right.” Dustin nodded without any emotion. “I heard that you’ve been close with the heir of the Nolan family. Is it because of him?”

Dahlia was about to deny it when she gave it a second thought. In the end, she nodded.

“You can say that.”

“Okay. I hope you’re happy with him.” Dustin smiled and signed the divorce agreement without any more hesitation. All he felt now was disappointment. Ironically, today was also their wedding anniversary. There was cruel humor in divorcing him on the day they had gotten married.

“I don’t want the money, I just want that crystal necklace back. My mother left it to me before she died so that I can give it to my wife.”

“Okay.”

Dahlia nodded and gave him the crystal necklace.

“From today onward, we will have nothing to do with each other!”

Dustin put on the necklace and left. He had no more gentleness in his expression; all that was left was distant aloofness.

“Did I do the right thing, Lyra?” Dahlia asked hesitantly.

Even though she was the one who asked for the divorce, she didn’t feel happy at all when it was finalized.

“Of course you did!” Lyra nodded. “You have the right to pursue happiness. Dustin does not deserve you at all. He’ll only bring you down with him. You’re destined to be the most powerful woman in Swinton!”

Dahlia did not answer her. As she watched Dustin leave, she felt as if she was losing something precious.

Chapter 218

“Hello? Hello!” Matt held his phone by his ear with a dumbfounded expression. All he did was mention Dustin’s name. Why did Tina sound so frightened?

Matt had no idea that Tina was still traumatized from the time Dustin slapped her. What’s worse was that instead of getting her revenge, she had been forced to grovel for Dustin’s forgiveness, which was nothing less than an utter embarrassment and a terror for her.

Although she was bitter about it, she couldn’t lay a hand on Dustin because her family didn’t dare seek revenge before her brother returned.

Dustin was someone who could defeat a martial arts master like Mr. Milfroy with ease. If someone like him were to go crazy, he could destroy the entire Hummer family in a heartbeat! Because of this, they didn’t dare seek revenge, and Tina shook in fear every time someone mentioned Dustin.

“What did Ms. Hummer say, Matt?” Phineas saw his son in a daze and asked.

“Fuck! That bitch is terrified of Rhys. There’s no way she’ll lend us money.” Matt scowled.

“The daughter of the Hummer family is scared of that brat? Is it because of the Harmon family?” Phineas pondered aloud.

“Possibly.” Matt nodded, thinking hard. He couldn’t think of any other reason.

“This is bothersome…” Phineas frowned. “Our family is doomed if we don’t get any money soon. We might have to beg for that brat’s forgiveness.”

“Beg for his forgiveness? Fuck, no!” Matt yelled. “Why should we lower our heads to someone like him? I’d rather suffer than beg!”

“Don’t be rash, Matt!” Phineas warned gravely. “He has the Harmon family to support him, and now, he has Roderick Brooks‘ support as well. We’ll sink further if you do anything to him!”

Alas, those words failed to reach Matt, who has lost repeatedly to Dustin recently. Today’s incident only fueled his anger, and his hatred toward Dustin peaked.

“Matt, leave this matter to me. You should take a break for the next two days. Just don’t get into any trouble.” Phineas instructed his son seriously, who didn’t reply as he began to plot his revenge.

Soon, night fell. Inside Midnight Rose, Dahlia downed shot after shot in a corner.

Lyra sat beside her, her face full of worry. This was the first time she saw Dahlia like this.

Dahlia refused to return to the company or care about what was going on, completely abandoning her strong woman character and letting herself go.

Lyra heard that it was because of Dustin, but was it worth it?

“Please stop drinking, Ms. Nicholson. Let’s go back. Your mother is worried about you.” Lyra implored.

“Leave me alone. I want to keep drinking. All my worries disappear when I’m drunk.” Dahlia chuckled humorlessly before chucking another shot down her throat.

She didn’t know what to do. She was under constant pressure because of her family and had to fight her feelings for Dustin at the same time.

Dahlia knew she misunderstood him, but she didn’t know how to explain herself. Actually, it’d be more accurate to say that she was terrified of seeing Dustin’s heartless expression, so she decided to use alcohol to numb herself.

She may be a capable leader in the business world, but when it came to her personal feelings, she realized she was an utter failure. Even though she knew that she had been the one who misunderstood Dustin, her pride wouldn’t let her apologize. Instead, she expected Dustin to step forward and request a reconciliation.

“So this is where you are, Dahlia.” Matt entered the bar and spotted the two ladies immediately.

“Mr. Laney, you’re here. Please stop her. Her body can’t take it if she drinks so much!” Lyra quickly stood up and greeted Matt, whom she called. She felt that Matt was a much better option than Dustin.

"Please get her some water, Lyra. I’ll talk to her,” Matt assured with a smile.

“Thank you, Mr. Laney.” Lyra nodded and darted off.

“Why are you drinking so much, Dahlia?” Matt asked with a concerned expression.

“It’s none of your business. Go away!” Dahlia’s eyes were hazy, but her tone was colder than ever.

Matt’s smile froze for a second before he recovered himself.

Without anyone noticing, he slipped a pill into her wine and smiled. “You still want to drink, don’t you. Dahlia? Let me join you.”

He poured another glass for Dahlia. Dahlia, who was already tipsy, didn’t notice anything wrong and downed the glass without a word. Soon, her head became heavy and her vision blurred, making her sway.

“Mr. Laney, I think Ms. Nicholson is drunk.” Lyra returned just then.

“It’s a alright. I’ll send her home now. Her family’s worried sick.” Matt promised with a kind smile.

“Alright. Thanks, Ms. Laney.” Lyra didn’t think too much about it and helped carry Dahlia into Matt’s car. Since the car only had two seats, she could only watch as the car’s headlights disappeared.

“Humph! You’re finally in my arms. You like acting high and mighty, don’t you? Well, I’ll have some fun with you tonight.” Matt smiled sinisterly and headed straight to the hotel.

Chapter 219

Meanwhile, at Peaceful Medical Centre, Dustin was reading a book in silence when a Maybach pulled up at the door. The car door opened, and Phineas came out holding some gills.

“Mr. Rhys.” Phineas entered the building with a smile, no longer carrying the arrogance he had when they first met.

“Do you need me for something?” Dustin glanced at the other man indifferently.

“Mr. Rhys, I’m really sorry about today’s incident. Please forgive us for being so ignorant.” Phineas smiled apologetically.

He finally understood that there was more than meets the eye when it came to Dustin, who had the support of the Harmon family and the friendship of Big Bucks Brooks. If Phineas wanted to borrow three billion dollars, he had to first get Dustin’s forgiveness.

“How could a nobody like me make the Laney family apologize?” Dustin replied, unconcerned.

“What are you talking about, Mr. Rhys? You’re young but talented. We admit defeat proudly. Please give us a way out.” Phineas bowed his head. However, Dustin didn’t respond. Gritting his teeth, Phineas fell to his knees.with a thud.

“Mr. Rhys, please accept our family’s sincere apologies. As long as you give us another chance, you’ll be our honored guest forever! I’m willing to offer a third of–no, half of our property as an apology.” Phineas quickly bowed lower, surprising Dustin, Dustin admired the older man for having the courage to put his pride aside to apologize.

“What should we do about the death of Caitlyn’s cat?” Dustin asked coldly.

“We’ll pay her back! We get her as many cats as she wants!” Phineas frantically vowed.

“Dusty’s dead. It doesn’t matter how many cats you get.” Caitlyn murmured sadly next to Dustin.

“Did you hear that? I don’t mind forgiving you, but you offended Caitlyn.” Dustin shrugged.

“I’m so sorry. Ms. Lawler. I swear I won’t do it again! Please forgive me this once. I’ve learned my mistake!” Phineas quickly dragged himself to Caitlyn without getting up, and he began to apologize.

“I forgive you on the condition that you never do anything evil again!” Caitlyn declared gravely.

“Definitely! I’ve learned my mistake.” Phineas nodded frantically, having no choice but to lower his head toward them.

“Since Caitlyn forgives you, I’ll let this matter go. You better remember your promise. Hall of your properties.” Dustin reminded calmly.

“Of course. As long as the Laney family is able to pull through, they’re yours!” Phineas dared not object.

Dustin hummed. He was about to say something else when his phone started ringing. Dahlia was calling him.

Muffled noises could be heard as soon as he picked up.

“Let me go. I want to go home.” Dahlia demanded weakly.

“What do you mean ‘go home“? Look at how pretty Estelle Hotel is. Let’s keep drinking there.” Matt cackled.

“You can go alone. Piss off.”

“Fucking slut! You better appreciate the chance I’m giving you. You don’t have a say in this. You’re drinking tonight. Get in!”

As the phone fell to the floor, the cursing became softer until it completely faded away.

Dustin’s face darkened immediately, and the air around him became unbelievably cold.

“What’s wrong, Mr. Rhys?” Phineas shivered.

A loud slap rang out as Dustin struck Phineas across the face, causing the latter to fall to the floor. “You motherfucker! You better hope your son didn’t make a mistake, or I’ll destroy your entire family!” Dustin opened the door and dashed out

Chapter 220

“Huh?” Phineas covered his cheek with a hand, dumbfounded.

Meanwhile, inside a room in Estelle Hotel, Dahlia was lying strewn across the bed, nearly unconscious, her head heavy and her body weak.

Matt stood next to her, grinning wickedly as he admired her voluptuous figure.

“Dahlia, I have to admit. You sure are a beauty.” He tsked.

“Your looks and figure are perfect. I’ve fucked countless women, but none were as charming as you. Naturally, I’m the perfect man for you. How dare Dustin Rhys try to claim you as his! But don’t worry, you’ll be mine after tonight.”

Sneering, Matt began to unbutton his shirt before remembering something. He pulled out his phone and panned the camera toward Dahlia.

“I nearly forgot to record our wonderful night. I promised Dustin that I’d send him a video of us making love. Men don’t break promises.” Matt grinned excitedly.

“You despicable, shameless bastard! I’ll throw you to jail if you touch me!” Dahlia seethed feebly.

“If you don’t mind others seeing the video, go ahead. I don’t mind. So what if I have to go in for a few years? At least I get to fuck you. Still, there’s no need for us to take things that far. You’ll just have to marry me after tonight. That way, you’ll be able to protect your reputation while having the honor of being fucked by me. Isn’t that a great deal?” Matt sniggered confidently.

“In your dreams, fucker! I’d rather die than marry a hypocritical asshole like you!” Dahlia tried to get up several times but flopped back to the bed pathetically each time. Soon, her face flushed from the exertion, and the drug was still doing its job.

“Huh?” Matt’s expression hardened. “Are you still thinking of that loser right now? I don’t get it. How is he better than me? Why do you keep thinking of him?”

“He’s better than you in every way. You don’t even deserve to compete with him!” Dahlia fumed.

“He’s a fucking nobody. If someone hadn’t supported him, do you think he would have made it to where he is today? That dickhead ruined my plans so many times. I swear I’m going to kill him one day!” Matt snarled.

“I’ll kill you if you touch a hair on his head!” Dahlla swore, her expression ferocious.

“You’re still protecting that asshole? I better teach you a lesson!” Matt tugged his belt off and began to lash out at Dahlia. “You whore! I’ll kill you! You beller say that I’m the best and that I’m the man you want!”

Soon, Dahlia’s fair skin turned bloody as whip marks littered her body. Still, she kept silent, digging her teeth into her lip stubbornly.

“Fuck! You’re stubborn, eh? I’ll fuck you up tonight!” Infuriated, Matt yanked his clothes off and lunged toward her.

As he was tearing at Dahlia’s clothes, the room door flew open with an ear–splitting boom, and a formidable figure stormed in murderously.

Instantly, the freezing wind whistled in, and lightbulbs exploded.

Chapter 221

Bang!

As the room door was kicked open, the lightbulbs in the room exploded simultaneously, shattering into pieces of glass, and an ominous chill blanketed the room.

“Who the fuck is it? Who’s ruining my fun?” Matt spun around, scowling. He was unable to identify the person due to the sudden darkness in the room.

“Matt Laney, you have a death wish!” An icy voice growled as the shadow approached.

The moonlight peeked through the window, and Matt saw the other person’s face. It was Dustin!

“It’s you!” Matt’s expression changed, and he hastily pulled out a handgun from the bedside drawer. He yelled.

“You imbecile! I haven’t paid you back for ruining my plans so many times, yet you approached me first!”

“Dustin? Hurry up and go. Don’t care about me — Dahlia cried out weakly. When she saw Dustin, she thought she’d finally be saved, but she never expected that Matt would have a gun, so she instantly panicked.

“Weren’t you talking so big, dipshit? Ha, you still have to admit defeat to our family. I guess you’re scared now, eh?” Matt raised his gun and sniggered. “You better grovel if you don’t want to die, or I’ll send a bullet straight through your head!”

“Grovel? As if you’re worthy of that.” Dustin glared at the other man.

“Worthy?” Matt grinned maniacally and fired two shots near Dustin’s feet. “I don’t want you to just grovel. I’ll fuck your woman right in front of you!”

“Y–you shameless bastard!” Dahlia’s chest rose and fell violently as she fumed. However, because of the drug, her flushed face looked more alluring than ever.

“So what? I’ll have my fill with you before dealing with that brat!” Matt declared.

“I planned to finish you off in one go, but I changed my mind.” Dustin approached calmly, his overwhelming presence making it hard for Matt to breathe, and Matt’s hand began to tremble uncontrollably.

“Stop right there! You better stop, or I’ll fucking shoot your Matt yelled. However, Dustin continued his way forward as if he hadn’t heard the other man.

“You’re dead meat!” Matt gritted his teeth and aimed the gun at Dustin’s head before pulling the trigger.

Ear–splitting bangs rang out as the chamber was emptied of bullets. However, Dustin had disappeared.

Abruptly, he appeared less than two feet away in front of Matt.

“You-”

Startled, Matt tried to jerk backward, but Dustin grabbed his hair and slammed his head into the wall with bang. Matt immediately passed out, his head bleeding.

“D–Dustin Now that the danger had passed, Dahlia’s body finally relaxed, and she fell into slumber.

Dustin glanced at the fallen man and pulled out his phone to call someone. 15 minutes later, Hunter and a dozen bulky men walked into the room.

“Mr. Rhys, here are the men you wanted.” Hunter said politely. These men were not only large, but they were also studs who only had an interest in pretty boys.

“Good job.” Dustin nodded in approval before waking Matt with acupuncture.

“W–what are you guys doing? I’m warning you. I’m the heir of the Laney family, so you won’t get away if you do something to me!” Matt began making threats as soon as he woke up.

“Mr. Laney, I purposely asked these men to serve you. Enjoy.” Dustin gestured with his hand, and the men instantly pulled Matt away, beaming sinisterly.

“Let me go!” Matt paled, terrified.

“I’m sorry, Dustin! Please forgive me! I won’t do it again!” Matt shrieked before being hauled into a car. All that awaited him was pain and misery.

“Mr. Anderson, tell your men to take good care of him. I want him to suffer as much as possible!” Dustin ordered coldly.

“No problem!” Hunter promised before leaving. Matt’s ass was going to be gaping after tonight for what he did to Dustin’s woman.

After everyone left, Dustin walked over to the bed and began applying ointment to Dahlia’s wounds.

“Dustin. I–I’m sorry…” Dahlia finally mumbled the long awaited apology dazedly. Dustin’s body stiffened. and a sense of loss glinted in his eyes. After a second, he shook his head and continued applying the ointment.

All of a sudden, the door opened again with a boom. Florence, James, and many others barged into the room, their faces darkening as they spotted Dahlia’s unconscious body.

“Rhys! How dare you touch my daughter, you despicable man! I’ll kill you!” Florence darted forward to slap Dustin, but the man grabbed her hand with ease.

“What? Are you going to strike me back? You disgusting asshole!” Furious, Florence kicked Dustin in the shin instead. The man frowned but didn’t fight back.

“Call the police right now! We need to arrest this motherfucker!”

“That’s right! A hypocritical asshole like him should be in jail!”

Several people shouted, and James pulled out his phone to call the police.

“It doesn’t matter whether you believe me or not, but this has nothing to do with me,” Dustin stated. indifferently.

“Bullshit! Why would she be here if you didn’t kidnap her?” Florence shouted, glaring at him.

“Exactly! Everyone here can tell that you were planning to do something nasty to her!”

“You dare to defend yourself even though we caught you in the act? I guess you refuse to give in until the end!”

The crowd threw out accusations indignantly as they glared at Dustin like they wanted to skin him alive. They were disgusted that Dustin stooped so low because he couldn’t have Dahlia.

“Whatever. I didn’t do anything wrong anyway.” Dustin shook his head and got up to leave. He knew that these people wouldn’t believe him if he tried to explain himself anyway.

“Hold right there. Who said you could leave? You’re not stepping out of this room without explaining everything!” James put himself between Dustin and the door, but with a shove from the latter, James went tumbling to the ground.

Chapter 222

“You fucker!” James got up and was about to spew insults when he realized that Dustin was already gone. Damn it! That kid’s lucky he got away, or I’d have taught him a lesson!”

“He can’t run away forever! After doing something like this, I’ll make sure he stays in jail for the rest of his life!* Florence gritted her teeth.

“That’s right! You can’t let him go!” Julie and the others quickly agreed. Dustin had gone too far!

“Hmm Just then, Dahlia began to wake up.

“You’re finally awake!” Florence lit up. “How do you feel?”

“What are all of you doing here, Mom?” Dahlia rubbed her aching temples, her memory was a mess.

“Lyra called and told us that you might be in danger, so we hurried here. Thank God we made it in time, or Dustin would have raped you!” Florence got angry again.

“Dustin?” Dahlia frowned, seeming to have recalled something. She asked, “Where is he?”

“Don’t worry. We chased him away.” Florence reassured Dahlia.

“That’s right. We called the police too. We’ll catch that asshole!” James nodded.

“Why would you arrest him? He was the one who saved me!” Dahlia blurted.

“What? He saved you?” Everyone was shocked to hear that. Exchanging incredulous looks with each other. confusion was written across their face

“You’re kidding, right, Dahlia? He can’t be the one who rescued you. We clearly saw him touching you and was about to do something nasty!” Florence obviously didn’t believe Dahlia.

“She’s right, Sis. He tried to take your clothes off while you were unconscious!” James fanned the flames.

“We can all testify that Dustin was the one who did it!” Julle and a few others agreed.

Dahlia shook her head frantically, which made her alcohol–ridden head heavier.

“Who else could it be? There were only two of you in this room when we came in,” Florence said.

“It was Matt Laney, that bastard!” Dahlia struggled to organize her memories.

“You must be drunk, Dahlia. Matt’s a decent man. There’s no way he’d do something like this.”

“Sis, did Dustin slip you a drug? Is that why you’re so confused?”

“I heard that some drugs can cause hallucinations. That must be why your memory got jumbled up.”

One after another, the people in the room refuted what Dahlia said, making her doubt herself.

“Did I really remember wrongly? But how could that be?” she thought. Staring at her injuries, she had a hard time believing that Dustin was the one who did this.

“Hey, there’s a phone here, and it’s recording a video.” Julie spotted the phone on the television cabinet and brought it over.

“It must be that asshole’s!” Florence fumed. “He was even planning to record himself assaulting Dahlia! How disgusting!”

“There’s no way that brat can defend himself now that we have this evidence!”

“We have to put that guy in jail!” The crowd began to hurl insults at Dustin.

“It can’t be. Dustin wouldn’t do that Dahlia shook her head, unable to accept that.

“Why are you still defending him, Dahlia? Why do you still have feelings for that asshole? I’m telling you, Matt’s the better man for you. He’s leagues above Dustin! I’ll show you Dustin’s true colors right now!” Florence yelled and began the playback, showing exactly what happened. By the time they reached the middle of the video, everyone had frozen in dismay.

“Matt Laney?” Florence was rooted to the spot as she stared in disbelief at the man violently assaulting Dahlia in the video.

Everyone else’s jaws had dropped as well. Never in their dreams would they have imagined that the person who kidnapped Dahlia and tried to assault her would be Matt, a respectful man from a noble family.

How could this be possible?

However, the video was right before their eyes. It turned out that the despicable person had been the “decent” man, Matt, instead of Dustin.

Everyone’s faces began to burn in shame as they recalled what they had said just now, and they fell silent.

“I told you it wasn’t Dustin, but none of you believed me! How about now? Who’s the despicable person? Who’s the hypocritical asshole now? I’m sure all of you should know.” Dahlia cried exasperatedly.

“I might have made a mistake, but so what? You two were once married, so it’s his duty to protect you. We didn’t ask him to do that! Besides, why didn’t he explain himself? We wouldn’t have misunderstood if he had.” Florence insisted stubbornly, having no intention of apologizing.

“Explain himself? Dahlia chuckled mirthlessly. “Would you have believed him if he had?”

“That’s up for us to decide, but it’s his fault for not explaining. He had it coming!” Florence defended herself.

“That’s right! He deserved it! James agreed. So what if they misunderstood a loser?

“All of you are incorrigible!” Dahlia was utterly disappointed.

She staggered to her feet and bumped past the two of them to run out. She wanted to stop Dustin from leaving. Unfortunately, by the time she reached the hotel entrance, he was already nowhere to be found.

Chapter 223

At the Laney villa. Phineas paced back and forth in the living room, looking extremely anxious. It was the break of dawn, but he hadn’t slept a wink since he lost contact with Matt, who left at midnight. It was as if Matt had vanished into thin air.

Phineas sent a group of bodyguards to search, but there was still no news of Matt, which told him that something was wrong.

Suddenly, someone’s car beeped at his door. He glanced outside and saw a black SUV parked outside.

The car door opened, and a figure wrapped in a burlap sack was dumped out as the car drove away.

“Huh?” Confused, Phineas nodded to the bodyguards at the entrance, who quickly opened the sack to reveal a naked man with a swollen nose and bruised body.

“Dad …The young man opened his eyes dazedly and cried out hoarsely.

“Matt?” Phineas was flabbergasted. “W–what happened to you?”

“It was Dustin Rhys H–he. Matt burst into tears. No one knew what he’d been through last night. There had been many times when Matt wanted to kill himself but couldn’t bring himself to do it. He had no idea how he pulled himself through the agonizing pain.

“Don’t cry. Tell me what happened. I’ll take care of it!” Phineas quickly told his men to bring Matt inside.

Because of the adrenaline shots he received. Matt was still conscious despite his injuries. So, under his to finish, withholding some details. father’s questioning, he told Phineas everything that happened from 5

“That bastard! How dare he do that to you! He’s gone too far!” Phineas slapped the table furiously. A shiver went down his spine every time he thought of what Matt had to endure.

“Dad. I want you to tear him to pieces, no matter the cost!” Matt seethed loathingly.

“Matt, that asshole is being protected by the Harmon family and the Brooks family. It’ll be hard to deal withhim.” Phineas considered.

“Do you expect me to pretend like nothing happened?” Malt scowled, his eyes bloodshot. “I want my revenge no matter what!”

“Fine, I’ll avenge you!” Phineas decided to light after seeing how miserable his son looked. As long as he was willing to pay a hefty sum to hire a killer, getting rid of Dustin should be easy.

Suddenly, someone knocked on their door. Phineas signaled for the guards to open the door, and three men strolled into the house. One of them wore a dated suit while carrying a cane with a dragon head attached to it. He was followed by Hunter and a burly man with an overwhelming aura.

“Who are you?” Phineas was puzzled,

“Dad!” Matt pointed at Hunter. “That’s the guy who helped Rhys!”

He could clearly recall the man watching him get ravaged.

“So you’re Dustin Rhys‘ men. Are you here to apologize?” Phineas growled.

“Well, it doesn’t matter if you grovel. There’s no way I’ll forgive that punk!” Phineas‘ expression was murderous. What happened last night would be his nightmare for the rest of his life, so he had to avenge Matt.

“Apologize?” The old man in the suit smiled faintly. “You’re mistaken. I’m here to collect a debt.”

“A debt?” Phineas sniggered. “With just the three of you? You’re delusional!”

He clapped his hands. Immediately, a few dozen ferocious and bulky men engulfed the villa. Phineas had been prepared since Matt went missing, and it came in handy now.

He chortled. “You didn’t expect this, did you? You’ve fallen into my trap! I’ll make sure none of you make it out alive today.”

“How dare you!”

The strong man flung out his arm at lightning speed, and Matt immediately went flying.

“How dare you hit someone on my turf!! You’re dead meat!” Phineas was outraged. Just as he was about to order his men to attack, a gold badge landed near his feet with a clink.

He picked it up and froze in terror at the sight of the majestic five–clawed golden dragon emblem on the front of the badge. On the back of the badge, “Rhys” was engraved in bold.

In Dragonmarsh, the five–clawed dragon meant utter domination, while “Rhys” was the pinnacle of power. Many people shared the same surname, but there was only one family that held the Emblem of Drakon.

That family incurred fear from countless others, and no one dared to challenge them.

“The Rhys Drakon Emblem! W–who are you?” Phineas gripped the badge with both hands, his body began to shake, and beads of sweat ran down his forehead.

“You must be blind! This is Sir Albert Horst!” The large man hollered.

“Albert Horst?” At the sound of the name, Phineas immediately paled in fear.

Not many knew of that name, but that man had a popular nickname–the Executioner!

He had an infamous reputation for being the human butcher who sliced people like butter.

There were three great generals in the Rhys family–the Executioner, the Sword Whisperer, and the Drunken Maniac. Each one of them was enough to shake the country.

The Executioner, Alfred Horst, was the strongest of them all. He was so terrifying that kids would cry at the mention of his name. Rumor had it that he had his first battle when he was 18 years old and ended up slaughtering tens of thousands of foes.

His cruelty and violence earned him the title of the Great Executioner. After he started working for the Rhys family, not many got to see him, but his reputation did not diminish in the slightest. This was because he was the one who got rid of anyone who offended or threatened the Rhys family.

Not many knew what he looked like because the majority of those who saw his face were already dead.

His ruthlessness made him the leader of the three great generals. And he terrified the officials in Dragonmash. Everyone knew that once the Executioner visited someone’s home, that family would never see daylight again.

Still, Phineas couldn’t understand what he’d done that led the Executioner to his home.

Chapter 224

It was at that moment that Phineas felt pure terror.

Who would have thought that the plain old man in front of him was the Executioner?

Why had the Executioner visited them personally?

“How dare you hit me!” His head spinning, Matt pulled himself up and roared. “You’re dead! It’s over for all of you! Men, finish them off!”

“Stop!” Phineas yelled before falling to his knees before the old man. He frantically begged. “Sir Albert, we don’t know what we’ve done to incur your wrath, but please forgive us.”

“Have you gone crazy, Dad? Why are you groveling?” Matt was in disbelief. He didn’t understand why his dad was begging the old man for forgiveness when they were on the winning side.

“What do you know, you moron! We can’t afford to mess with them, so hurry up and kneel!” Phineas frantically signaled Matt.

“I’m not kneeling!” Matt looked around maniacally. “What do you mean we can’t afford to mess with them? There are only three of them. We’ll be able to drown them with just the piss of our men alone!”

“Y–y–you dumbass! Do you have any idea what you’re saying? This is the Executioner we’re talking about!” Phineas‘ face was ashen. In front of the Executioner, they were merely ants waiting to be squashed.

“What executioner? I’ve never even heard of him! He’ll still die today even if he’s God!‘ Matt shouted arrogantly.

Alfred chuckled when he heard that. “Interesting. I almost don’t wish to kill you now.”

“You think losers like you can kill me? Arrogant bastards!” Matt sniggered. Last night’s events had twisted him inside, and he yearned to let that hatred out.

“It’s over. Everything’s over.” Phineas collapsed onto the floor, his face pale. Why did he have to have such a stupid son? How could Matt hurl insults at the Executioner?

“You’re trying to compete in numbers? Alright, then. Let’s see who has more men!” The large man waved his arm, and synchronized footsteps were heard immediately.

Soon, armed men charged into the place from all directions, surrounding everyone instantly.

The guards were fully geared up and donned black masks. Their gazes were sharp, and they gave off at murderous aura that made people turn their heads away instinctively from fear.

The Laney family guards were nothing compared to these men.

No words or threats were exchanged, but clangs rang out as the Laney family’s guards, who were terrified by the new arrivals, threw their weapons down and stood aside.

Matt froze at the sight of the geared men, his haughtiness vanishing rapidly, and terror took its place.

What happened? Where did all those men come from?

“Aren’t we competing by numbers? Who has more men now?” The bulky man waved again, and the men drew their swords in unison, overwhelming everyone with their presence.

Matt felt the strength leave his legs, and he collapsed to the ground.

“Sir Alfred, please go easy on us!” Phineas crawled toward Alfred and begged. “My son has lost his mind and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Please spare his life!”

“Then, you’ll have to die in his stead.” Alfred drew a sword from the burly man’s back and threw it to the floor.

Calmly, he said. “Only one of you can live. Make your decision.”

Chapter 225

In the morning, at the airport. Edwin and Tina waited in front of a Rolls–Royce Phantom. “Dad, we’ve already been waiting for two hours. Why isn’t Joshua here yet?” Tina glanced around, looking anxious.

“It’s normal for flights to be delayed. Let’s wait it out a little longer. Edwin looked calm. Last night, he’d suddenly received a call from Joshua, saying he’d completed his refinement, which meant he was now the Hummer family’s trump card.

As they spoke, a young couple exited the airport. The man was handsome and dignified, giving off an air reminiscent of a sharp blade, making one unable to look him in the eye. The woman beside him was dressed in red and equally outstanding. She was beautiful, elegant, and looked powerful.

“Dad, he’s here!” Tina’s eyes lit up with excitement. She’d been eagerly anticipating his return.

“Josh, you’re finally back!” Edwin approached him with a bright smile.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, Dad.” Joshua smiled and gestured to the woman beside him. “Allow me to introduce you to Jade Grant, my fiancée.”

“Jade Grant?” Edwin looked taken aback before asking tentatively. “Is she the third daughter of the Grant family?”

“Yes, that’s right.” Joshua smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Hummer.” Jade nodded.

“Yes, yes, nice to meet you, too. As expected of a daughter of the Grant family–you’re the very embodiment of beauty and grace!” Edwin looked delighted. He never would’ve expected his son to be able to win the Grant family’s favor. The five wealthiest families in Millsburg were known as the Fabulous Five, but there were three other families even more powerful than them–the Tremendous Three. The Grant family was one of them. If the Hummer family could form an alliance with the Grant family through Joshua’s marriage with Jade, they’d have a bright future ahead!

“Dad, why did you summon me home so urgently? Joshua asked when they were all in the car. He’d just completed his refinement the night before when he’d been told to return immediately.

“I hate to say this, but Swinton has a new kid on the block. He’s powerful beyond our expectations and has defeated all my men. Our family’s been having a tough time recently because of him. I had no choice but to summon you home.” Edwin sighed, looking helpless.

“Exactly! You have no idea how obnoxious he is, Joshua. He even beat me up on my birthday over the smallest things!” Tina started to complain. “Look at what he did to my arm–I’ve yet to fully recover! I’ve never been

treated like this in my life. You have to get back at him for me!”

“Who is this guy? How dare he bully a member of the Hummer family!” Joshua’s face darkened, and a menacing aura surrounded him.

“His name is Dustin Rhys, and he’s not someone to be taken lightly,” Edwin said. “He also has the Harmon family backing him up.” Edwin said.

“The Harmon family?” Jade chuckled lightly. “They’re only one of the Fabulous Five–they don’t hold much

-‐-

“Y–you’re not keeping your fucking word! You said you’d let me live, Horst! Why? Why?!” Matt wailed bitterly. However, the only reply he got was the strike of a cold blade.

As they stepped out of the villa, Alfred asked abruptly, “How many members are then in the Laney family’s main lineage?”

“The report says 35 of them,” the burly young man replied.

“I see. Well, get rid of all of them.”

Chapter 226

In the morning, at the airport. Edwin and Tina waited in front of a Rolls–Royce Phantom. “Dad, we’ve already been waiting for two hours. Why isn’t Joshua here yet?” Tina glanced around, looking anxious.

“It’s normal for flights to be delayed. Let’s wait it out a little longer. Edwin looked calm. Last night, he’d suddenly received a call from Joshua, saying he’d completed his refinement, which meant he was now the Hummer family’s trump card.

As they spoke, a young couple exited the airport. The man was handsome and dignified, giving off an air reminiscent of a sharp blade, making one unable to look him in the eye. The woman beside him was dressed in red and equally outstanding. She was beautiful, elegant, and looked powerful.

“Dad, he’s here!” Tina’s eyes lit up with excitement. She’d been eagerly anticipating his return.

“Josh, you’re finally back!” Edwin approached him with a bright smile.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, Dad.” Joshua smiled and gestured to the woman beside him. “Allow me to introduce you to Jade Grant, my fiancée.”

“Jade Grant?” Edwin looked taken aback before asking tentatively. “Is she the third daughter of the Grant family?”

“Yes, that’s right.” Joshua smiled.

“Nice to meet you. Mr. Hummer.” Jade nodded.

“Yes, yes, nice to meet you, too. As expected of a daughter of the Grant family–you’re the very embodiment of beauty and grace!” Edwin looked delighted. He never would’ve expected his son to be able to win the Grant family’s favor. The five wealthiest families in Millsburg were known as the Fabulous Five, but there were three other families seven more powerful than them–the Tremendous Three. The Grant family was one of them. If the Hummer family could form an alliance with the Grant family through Joshua’s marriage with Jade, they’d have a bright future ahead!

“Dad, why did you summon me home so urgently?” Joshua asked when they were all in the car. He’d just completed his refinement the night before when he’d been told to return immediately.

“I hate to say this, but Swinton has a new kid on the block. He’s powerful beyond our expectations and has defeated all my men. Our family’s been having a tough time recently because of him. I had no choice but to Summon you home.” Edwin sighed, looking helpless.

“Exactly! You have no idea how obnoxious he is, Joshua. He even beat me up on my birthday over the smallest things!” Tina started to complain. “Look at what he did to my arm–I’ve yet to fully recover! I’ve never been treated like this in my life. You have to get back at him for me!”

“Who is this guy? How dare he bully a member of the Hummer family! Joshua’s face darkened, and a menacing aura surrounded him.

“His name is Dustin Rhys, and he’s not someone to be taken lightly,” Edwin said. “He also has the Harmon family backing him up,” Edwin said,

“The Harmon family?” Jade chuckled lightly. “They’re only one of the Fabulous Five–they don’t hold much weight. If you need any help, Mr. Hummer, just say the word.”

“It’s unnecessary for the Grant family to get involved in something as menial as this.” Joshua said calmly. Now that I’m back. I won’t allow anyone to challenge the Hummer family’s authority–not even the Harmon family!‘Josh, have you have you have you had a breakthrough?” Edwin asked tentatively.

“Yes, I have. I’ve now achieved divinity!” Joshua smiled proudly.

“A divine–level martial artist?” Edwin was delighted. “That’s great! I knew you wouldn’t let me down!”

Joshua was probably the only divine–level martial artist in all of Swinton. Low–level martial artists were no match for divine–level martial artists–they could refine their martial arts prowess, but physical abilities could only take one so far.

Chapter 227

Divine–level martial artists, on the other hand, could manifest their energy externally and use it to harm or even murder others without anyone realizing it. Low–level martial artists weren’t even in the same league as them. Even in Millsburg, where powerful martial artists converged, divine–level martial artists were existences to fear. It was no wonder Joshua had won the Grant family’s favor–how could he not when he possessed such talent and potential? Which family wouldn’t want to have something to do with him?

“Dad, are divine–level martial artists truly that powerful? How will Joshua fare against Dustin?” Tina asked curiously.

"Joshua can destroy that brat with a snap of his fingers!” Edwin said proudly.

“That’s great! Joshua, you have to teach him a good lesson on my behalf!” Tina said excitedly.

“There’s no hurry to deal with Dustin–he’s a weakling that can be slaughtered at any time. What’s more important now is that we have to give Joshua and Jade a proper welcome.”

“You’re right. Let’s head home.”

At this moment, at Peaceful Medical Center. Dustin received a call from Ruth. “Dustin, something’s happened at Harmon Pharmaceuticals. You’ve gotta get over here right now.”

“Something’s happened? What is it?” Dustin asked curiously.

“A bunch of people suddenly showed up and demanded that we partner with them for the production of Immortunol,”

“Is that so? Where’s your sister? I’ll leave the decision up to her.”

“She went to Millsburg last night and won’t be back so soon. In any case, she was the one who told me to call you, saying that you had the last say.”

“Alright, then. I’ll be right there.” Dustin hung up and drove to Harmon Pharmaceuticals. When he arrived. twenty minutes later and strode into the conference room, he saw some people already seated inside. Jessica, Quentin, Ruth, and Mr. Wangley sat on the left, while a distinguished man was on the right.

“Dustin, you’re finally here. Have a seat, quick.” Ruth stood up and gestured for him to sit. The others looked at. him coolly.

“What’s going on here?” Dustin glanced around curiously.

“I have a question for you,” Jessica said. “I heard Natasha gave you 50 percent of the shares for Immortunol. Is that true?”

“Yeah,” Dustin nodded.

“Glad to hear that. Now, hand the shares over,” she said coolly.

“What? Why?” Dustin was taken aback.

“Because you don’t deserve them.” Jessica didn’t mince her words. ‘The Harmon family handles everything from the production, sales, and marketing for Immortunol. You don’t contribute anything to this process–why should you deserve 50 percent of the profits? Don’t you think you’re being a little too greedy?”

“Mrs. Harmon, there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. Ms. Harmon was the one who decided that the shares-”

Jessica cut him off with a wave of her hand. “That’s enough! I don’t want to hear it. Hand the shares over if you know what’s good for you; at least you’ll be able to walk out of this unscathed.”

“Does Ms. Harmon know about this?” Dustin narrowed his eyes slightly. He knew what was going on now- they’d obviously tricked him here to snatch the ownership of the shares away from him.

“It doesn’t matter whether she knows. This has to do with our family’s interests; her word isn’t the only one that matters. Rest assured that we’ll compensate you handsomely for this. We’re willing to pay you 50 million dollars if you hand over the shares.” Jessica looked like she was talking about something inconsequential.

“Hey, just hand them over when we tell you to and stop fucking around!” Quentin said impatiently.

“What if I refuse?” Dustin’s expression became icy.

“Then you won’t leave this room today!” Quentin slammed a hand on the table. The next second, a group of security guards barged into the room, circling Dustin with menacing looks.

Chapter 228

“What, are you gonna resort to physical violence?” A cold smile curved Dustin’s lips at the sight of the security guards surrounding him. He’d always been the type who was open to persuasion, not coercion. Perhaps he would’ve given in to them if they’d talked to him nicely, but if they wanted to opt for physical violence he didn’t mind teaching them a lesson or two.

well, “So what if I am? Don’t think too highly of yourself, you brat!” Quentin snarled. He’d always harbored a grudge against Dustin for humiliating him at their first meeting. If not for Natasha keeping him in check, he would’ve exacted revenge on Dustin ages ago. Now that Natasha wasn’t around, it was his chance to get payback!

“Quentin, don’t take things too far!” Ruth couldn’t stand it anymore. “It’s up to Dustin whether he wants to sell the shares. If you dare do anything to harm him, I won’t let you off the hook!”

“Ruth, this has nothing to do with you. Keep your nose out of this! Quentin didn’t back down.

“Why, you- “Ruth was about to say something else when Jessica stopped her.

“Dustin, a wise man knows how to adapt to the situation. You can’t hoard all those shares for yourself, so cough them up when we’re asking nicely, Jessica said. “Many people have gotten into trouble not because of things they’ve done but because they possess things that shouldn’t belong to them. With your identity and ability, you’ll only get yourself into more trouble if you keep these shares.”

“Is that a threat, Mrs. Harmon?” Dustin cidn’t bat an eye.

“It’s a piece of advice. One should know their limits–do you think you would’ve achieved what you have if not for my daughter protecting you?” Jessica looked at him contemptuously.

“I won’t deny that Ms. Harmon has given me plenty of help, but I didn’t rely on anyone to get to where I am now, Dustin said coldly. “As for Immortunol, I think there’s something you need to get straight–I provided the formula and was the first to develop it successfully. I don’t care about the shares, but that doesn’t mean I’ll allow you to push me around like this!”

“How dare you!” Jessica slammed a hand on the table and shot to her feet. “Dustin, I’ve tried to play nice with you. Don’t push me!”

“Who’s pushing who?” Dustin retorted. “When the Hummer family successfully developed and marketed Eternumax, the Harmon family had nothing and no way to compete with them. I was the one who helped you make it past that crisis, yet here you are, burning bridges as soon as you get the chance. Is this how ungrateful the Harmon family–or certain family members, at least–is?

“Why, you- Jessica fumed. She didn’t expect a brat who relied on the Harmon family’s protection to rebuke her like this.

“Aunt Jessica, don’t waste your breath on this brat. All we need to do is capture him; I have plenty of ways to make him give in!” Quentin fanned the flames.

“Mom, don’t do anything rash. If you lay a hand on Dustin, Natasha won’t ever forgive you!” Ruth warned.

Jessica stiffened. Ruth’s words made her stop to think for a while. Her relationship with Natasha was already strained; if she were to go ahead with this, Natasha would probably sever ties with her.

At this moment, the man who’d been sitting opposite Jessica and the others spoke. “Mrs. Harmon, I thought it would be easy for you to retrieve the shares, but it seems I was wrong.”

“And who are you?” Dustin gave him a cold look. He’d noticed this man as soon as he’d stepped into the conference room. He supposed this guy was the cause of Jessica’s sudden interference.

“The name’s Williams, Brody Williams. I’m from Boulderthorn Guild; my father’s the second–in–command,” the man said coolly.

“Mr. Williams is your father, huh?” Dustin raised an eyebrow in surprise. He’d met Oliver Williams earlier, it seemed Brody was his brother.

“I’m sure you know how powerful the Boulderthorn Guild is.” Brody lit a cigarette and took a drag. Then, he waved a hand around and said arrogantly. “So, you’re left with two options–either you hand over the shares and take the 50 million or make an enemy out of me.”

“I won’t give the shares up unless Ms. Harmon personally asks me to.” Dustin said coolly.

“Excuse me?” Brody’s expression became frosty. “Do you know what you’re talking about, you brat? Have you thought about the consequences you’d bear if you make an enemy out of the Boulderthorn Guild?”

“Firstly, you don’t represent the Boulderthom Guild. Secondly, so what if I make an enemy out of you? Do you think the Boulderthorn Guild runs the world?” Dustin didn’t bat an eye.

“I admire your audacity, brat. It’s been a while since someone had the nerve to speak to me like that. Still you’ll have to pay for your arrogance! As for the rest of you.” Brody grinned menacingly as he turned to Jessica and the others. “If you don’t want to make an enemy out of the Boulderthorn Guild, you’d better show me some of your sincerity in forming an alliance. If this brat refuses to give us ownership of his shares, you’re the ones who’ll have to cough it up. Either way, we’re definitely getting our hands on 50 percent of Immortuncl’s shares!”

Jessica’s expression changed at his words, as did the others. Il Dustin refused to hand over his shares, he’d drag the rest of them down with him. Boulderthorn Guild was backing them into a corner.

“I’ve already said everything there is to say: I’ll leave the final decision in your hands. See you around.” Brody snorted and stood up.

“Hold it!” Dustin said.

“What, changed your mind already?” Brody sneered. “I thought you were a tough cookie, but it seems you’re a bigger pushover than you look.” Then again, it made sense. How many people in Balerno dared to stand up against the Boulderthorn Guild?

“At least you haven’t lost all sense of rationality. Dustin. We could’ve avoided all this hassle if you’d just. agreed to it earlier.” Jessica heaved a sigh of relief. Not even the Harmon family wanted to get on the Boulderthorn Guild’s bad side.

Quentin scolled. “So you were just pretending to be a tough guy. You had to give in to the Boulderthorn Guild in the end anyway, didn’t you? Stop acting like you’re such a big shol.” The way he saw it, Brody only had to threaten Custin a little to make him pee his pants.

“Brody Williams from the Boulderthorn Guild, right?” Dustin slowly got to his feet. “Do you think you own this place, coming and going as you like? Did you bother asking me for permission?”

“What?” Brody raised an eyebrow, “What’s that supposed to mean, brat?”

“Do you think you can march in here, act all high and mighty, then leave whenever you want? What made you think you could do that?” Dustin gave him the stink–eye.

Brody snorted and pointed at his face. “What, do you wanna start a light or something? Go on, then. I dare you to lay a punch on me, you-”

Before he finished his sentence, he was sent flying by a crisp slap to the face. He spun a few times midair before landing headfirst in a gigantic vase in the corner. It was large enough for his whole body to fit inside. leaving his feet sticking out of the mouth.

Jessica and the others were stunned to see that. Their jaws dropped, and silence descended upon the room.

Chapter 229

Nobody expected Dustin to suddenly get physical and attack someone from the Boulderthorn Guild. Had he lost his mind?

“Dustin, are you out of your mind? How dare you attack Mr. Williams‘ son! Do you have a death wish?” Jessica glared at him with a mixture of shock and fury. Attacking Brody was equivalent to issuing a challenge to the Boulderthorn Guild.

“You may have a fucking death wish, but the rest of us don’t! Mr. Williams isn’t someone you can afford to offend!” Quentin bellowed. Though he wanted nothing more than for Dustin to get in trouble, that didn’t mean he wanted to perish with him.

“Dustin, you’ve really done it now!” Even Ruth looked panicked. The Boulderthorn Guild was much too powerful; even the Harmon family wouldn’t survive a retaliation from them,

“He’s nothing but a piece of trash. What does it matter if I’ve attacked him?” Dustin said coolly.

“You–you’re so thickheaded!” Jessica glared daggers at him.

At this moment, Brody had finally managed to free himself from the vase. Compared to his previous dignified appearance, he looked disheveled, with his face red and swollen from the slap and being stuck in the vase. How dare you lay a hand on me, you brat!” he bellowed. pointing at Dustin. Never in his life had he been on the receiving end of a beating: he was always the one beating people up.

“So what if I did? Do you really think no one has the nerve to teach you a lesson just because you throw Boulderthorn Guild’s name around like it means nothing?” Dustin scoffed.

“You’re fucking dead!” Brody’s blood boiled. He raised a list and swung it at Dustin, Earlier, Dustin had managed to get him because his guard was down; now that he knew what to expect, he wouldn’t losel

Dustin snorted and caught his fist easily before kicking him in the stomach. Brody howled in pain and bent over, falling to his knees as the pain coursed through him. He curled into a ball on the floor.

“Dustin, stop it!” Jessica’s expression changed drastically. Wasn’t it enough that he’d attacked Brody once? He was digging his own grave by doing it again!

“Fucking hell! Capture that psycho!” Quentin roared. At his words, the security guards in the room whipped our electric batons and held them up threateningly.

“I’d like to see you try!” At this moment, Natasha barged into the room. Her domineering aura was overpowering enough to make everyone stop what they were doing.

“Natasha, thank goodness you’re here.” Jessica said grimly. “This man was obnoxious enough to attack a member of the Boulderthorn Guild in public. He’s unforgivable!”

“That’s right! We’ll only be keeping a ticking time bomb around if we let him go. I say we get rid of him right here and now,” Quentin snarled.

“I’ve already heard about everything that’s happened today. I don’t think Dustin did anything wrong.” Natasha said calmly.

“What?” Jessica was taken aback. “Natasha, have you lost your mind? How can he not have done anything wrong when he attacked a member of the Boulderthorn Guild?”

Natasha said calmly, “He had valid reasons for doing so, Brody was throwing the Boulderthorn Guild’s weight around to coerce us into giving up what belonged to us. Doesn’t he deserve to be beaten up? If everyone were to throw their weight around and use a measly amount of money to purchase our shares, we might as well just give them Harmon Pharmaceuticals for free!”

The others had nothing to say in retort.

Chapter 230

Buying 50% of the shares with 50 million dollars was like robbing.

It was that they didn’t want to displease Boulderthorn. Therefore, relatively speaking, they could only sacrifice Dustin. With that, they didn’t really need to pay the price and could also take the opportunity to be on friendly terms with Boulderthorn.

However, they didn’t expect that Dustin would be so unyielding. Not only did he refuse to hand over the shares. but he also attacked Brody, Plus, Natasha also happened to be strongly supporting what he had just done after she hurried back. Everything was such a mess that they couldn’t resolve the situation.

“Natasha Harmon! Break his arms and legs right now! This is an order! If not, we won’t have mercy on the Harmon family!” Brody stood up and staggered to his feet with a sullen look.

“Mr. Williams, I’m sorry, but I can’t do it.” Natasha spoke calmly. “Boulderthorn is indeed powerful, but the Harmon family isn’t weak either. Nobody is able to harm the family easily.”

“So, are you trying to set yourself against Boulderthorn because of him?” Brody gritted his teeth.

“Dustin is the Harmon family’s quest. It is our responsibility to protect him. If Boulderthorn still insists, you’ll have to defeat me first.” Natasha was uncompromising.

“Very well! Since you must stand in our way, do not blame us for turning against the Harmon family!” Brody threw a note to Natasha, which threw down the gauntlet, and said fiercely, “My father had said that if you refuse to agree, we’ll meet at the battle ring. We will settle things with deathmatches!

“If you win, the Boulderthorn will never speak anything about it again. However, if you lose, you must hand over Immortunal’s shares! This is your only chance. I challenge you!” Brody exuded an intimidating aura, He looked like he was sure to win.

“Why not? I will accept it. You’ll decide on the time and venue.” Natasha did not bat an eye.

“We’ll have the battle at Williams Dojo tonight, at eight,” he said coldly and left immediately.

“Natasha Harmon! Have you lost your mind? How dare you provocate Boulderthorn just because of this little boy toy?” Quentin was flustered and exasperated.

“Boulderthorn’s connections were more important than that country bumpkin!” he thought.

“It is not your place to interfere with my decisions,” Natasha sneered, “Do you think I don’t know who involved Boulderthorn in this?”

“You” Quentin, shifty–eyed, looked guilty because of her accusations.

“Natasha, Boulderthorn is one of the most powerful guilds in Balerno. You’ll put yourself in trouble.” Jessica knitted her brow.

It would be difficult to predict what would happen once the battle started. If they lost the battle, they needed to give the shares away, and it would also bring the Harmon family into disrepute.

“Mr. Williams himself is powerful indeed, but that doesn’t mean we don’t stand a chance of winning against them.” Natasha replied.

“Win? But how? Skills and strength aside, we don’t even have enough people to fight, Jessica grumbled.

Natasha wasn’t worried about her concern. “Who said so? I’ve already invited an expert from The Hundred Immortals.”

“The Hundred Immortals? Who is it?” Jessica asked. She was desperate for the answer.

Natasha didn’t reply directly. She clapped her hands, and an old man with gray hair and a hawked nose strode out quickly. He was wearing a black shirt with a tall and muscular physique. He made no sound when he walked, exactly like a ghost.

“Is this the King of Kicks, who was ranked ninth among The Hundred Immortals?” Quentin couldn’t help but gasp at the old man’s presence.

The Hundred Immortals, especially those ranked in the top ten, were all equipped with powerful skills. The King of Kicks, ranked ninth, was famous for his kicks. He had worked on his legs for years. His kicks were second to none.

Quentin once saw The King of Kicks flip a car by kicking it casually. There was no doubt that he was extremely skilled.

Chapter 231
Buying 50% of the shares with 50 million dollars was like robbing.

It was that they didn’t want to displease Boulderthorn. Therefore, relatively speaking, they could only sacrifice Dustin. With that, they didn’t really need to pay the price and could also take the opportunity to be on friendly terms with Boulderthorn.

However, they didn’t expect that Dustin would be so unyielding. Not only did he refuse to hand over the shares. but he also attacked Brody, Plus, Natasha also happened to be strongly supporting what he had just done

after she hurried back. Everything was such a mess that they couldn’t resolve the situation.

“Natasha Harmon! Break his arms and legs right now! This is an order! If not, we won’t have mercy on the

Harmon family!” Brody stood up and staggered to his feet with a sullen look.

“Mr. Williams, I’m sorry, but I can’t do it.” Natasha spoke calmly. “Boulderthorn is indeed powerful, but the Harmon family isn’t weak either. Nobody is able to harm the family easily.”

“So, are you trying to set yourself against Boulderthorn because of him?” Brody gritted his teeth.

“Dustin is the Harmon family’s quest. It is our responsibility to protect him. If Boulderthorn still insists, you’ll

have to defeat me first.” Natasha was uncompromising.

“Very well! Since you must stand in our way, do not blame us for turning against the Harmon family!” Brody threw a note to Natasha, which threw down the gauntlet, and said fiercely, “My father had said that if you refuse to agree, we’ll meet at the battle ring. We will settle things with deathmatches!

“If you win, the Boulderthorn will never speak anything about it again. However, if you lose, you must hand over Immortunal’s shares! This is your only chance. I challenge you!” Brody exuded an intimidating aura, He

looked like he was sure to win.

“Why not? I will accept it. You’ll decide on the time and venue.” Natasha did not bat an eye.

“We’ll have the battle at Williams Dojo tonight, at eight,” he said coldly and left immediately.

“Natasha Harmon! Have you lost your mind? How dare you provocate Boulderthorn just because of this little boy toy?” Quentin was flustered and exasperated.

“Boulderthorn’s connections were more important than that country bumpkin!” he thought.

“It is not your place to interfere with my decisions,” Natasha sneered, “Do you think I don’t know who involved Boulderthorn in this?”

“You” Quentin, shifty–eyed, looked guilty because of her accusations.

“Natasha, Boulderthorn is one of the most powerful guilds in Balerno. You’ll put yourself in trouble.” Jessica

knitted her brow.

It would be difficult to predict what would happen once the battle started. If they lost the battle, they needed to give the shares away, and it would also bring the Harmon family into disrepute.

“Mr. Williams himself is powerful indeed, but that doesn’t mean we don’t stand a chance of winning against

them.” Natasha replied.

“Win? But how? Skills and strength aside, we don’t even have enough people to fight, Jessica grumbled.

Natasha wasn’t worried about her concern. “Who said so? I’ve already invited an expert from The Hundred Immortals.”

“The Hundred Immortals? Who is it?” Jessica asked. She was desperate for the answer.

Natasha didn’t reply directly. She clapped her hands, and an old man with gray hair and a hawked nose strode out quickly. He was wearing a black shirt with a tall and muscular physique. He made no sound when he walked, exactly like a ghost.

“Is this the King of Kicks, who was ranked ninth among The Hundred Immortals?” Quentin couldn’t help but gasp at the old man’s presence.

The Hundred Immortals, especially those ranked in the top ten, were all equipped with powerful skills. The King of Kicks, ranked ninth, was famous for his kicks. He had worked on his legs for years. His kicks were second to none.

Quentin once saw The King of Kicks flip a car by kicking it casually. There was no doubt that he was extremely skilled.

Chapter 232

The King of Kicks made Mr. Wangley spurt out blood without even using half his strength. If he did it with full strength, Mr. Wangley would probably die on the spot.

Were experts from the top tenths of The Hundred Immortals so scary?

“Brilliant! King of Kicks, you’ve just blown our minds!” Quentin was surprised at first, then put up a smile and blew the King of Kicks with flattery. He thought that if he could be on good terms with masters like the King of Kicks, he could solve problems easily in the future with his help.

“Mr. Wangley, are you okay?” Natasha frowned slightly. One of their allies was hurt before the battle even started. She thought that the King of Kicks had gone too far.

“I’m okay.” Mr. Wangley wiped off the blood at the corner of his mouth and paid his respects. “King of Kicks, I expected no less from you. I concede defeat from the bottom of my heart.”

“At least you know your limits.” The old man raised his head with a sense of arrogance and defiance.

“Alright. Everyone, time to go back and prepare. We cannot afford to lose tonight’s battle!”

Everyone left right after Natasha gave the order.

As Boulderthorn intentionally spread the news of the battle. Williams Dojo was already crowded with people at 7 pm. Everyone interested in martial arts came to watch the battle. People were dueling at the battle ring before it started. They were excited about the battle.

Dustin and Ruth were the first to enter the dojo. They sat and waited at the seats.

“Rhys, why are you here?” Dustin heard a familiar voice beside him. He turned and saw Julie approaching him with a crowd of young people.

“You’re here. Why can’t I?” Dustin said calmly.

“Julie, who is this?” a muscular man beside Julle asked.

“Otto, this is my ex–cousin–in–law. My cousin dumped him since he’s useless.” Julie demeaned Dustin intentionally.

“Oh, I see.” Otto sized Dustin up and mocked, “Such slim arms and legs, what a sissy. No wonder no woman wants him.”

“If I’m a sissy, are you a chimpanzee? Dustin asked coolly.

“Chimpanzee?” Everyone was stunned by the statement and looked at Otto. He was a hairy man with tanned skin. He actually did look like a chimpanzee. However, they recovered from the thought quickly.

“Hey! What do you mean? Otto is such a line–looking man–he doesn’t look like a chimpanzee at all!”

“Do you know who he is? He’s the kickboxing champion of our city! Show some respect!”

“That’s right! Look at your arms and legs; Otto could easily break them!”

The crowd clamored aggressively.

Otto put on a gloomy face due to Dustin’s comment. “You! You savage! Stop being a smart mouth. Let’s have a battle and fight like a man!”

“I’m not interested in that,” Dustin rejected without hesitation.

“Not interested? I bet you are afraid,” Otto sneered, “Don’t worry. I won’t be beating you to death since we can learn from each other from fighting.”

Dustin replied nothing. Julia macked, “Rhys, aren’t you cocky? Why are you afraid of Otto? You don’t even dare to fight with him.”

“I can just fight with one of my hands if you are afraid. Or only with my legs, if you like. How is it? I dare you!” Otto provoked.

“Such a coward! He doesn’t dare to fight with Otto even if he’s only fighting with his legs!”

“Definitely! What a shame to us men!”

“Why don’t you just be a woman?”

The crowd of young people laughed as if they had just listened to a hilarious joke.

Chapter 233

Dustin was speechless by the clamoring crowd.

“Where did these psychopaths come from?” he thought. They looked like they had just gone insane and were howling and shouting nonstop, like dogs.

“Hey, enough!” Ruth, who was sitting beside them, couldn’t stand it anymore.

“Gosh, there’s a beauty here!” Otto’s eyes lit up with a burning desire. Her outstanding figure and visuals attracted him.

“Hey beautiful, you should break up with such a coward. He’ll probably be busy saving his own life when you’re in danger,” Otto taunted.

“Exactly! You should find a boyfriend like Otto. Look at his muscles. It’ll make you feel secure!” the crowd jeered.

“He’s so tanned and ugly. Why would a woman like a man like him?” Ruth snorted with a contemptuous look.

“Hey, what nonsense are you talking, you little bitch! Watch your mouth!”

“Damn it! I’ll probably beat you up if you are not a woman!”

The crowd grew angry after listening to what she had said.

“Enough. Don’t bother her. She’s just a woman. We should act like gentlemen.” Otto held his hand up to stop them from arguing, acting like a gentleman. He didn’t want to lose his manners in front of a beauty like Ruth.

“Dustin, I thought you were hiding your light under a bushel. It turns out that you are a good–for–nothing after all. You’re such a wimp. You only dare to pick up a fight with people weaker than you and even rely on women to protect you. There’s no doubt why Dahlia had to dump you!” Julie scoffed and shooked her head. Her upper lips curled with disdain.

“He didn’t even dare to accept the battle with Otto. How useless!” she thought.

“Are you done? If yes, get as far away from me as you can. You’re so noisy and irritating, buzzing non–stop like a fly.” Dustin stuck his finger in his ear. He thought she was so noisy.

“You” Julle gritted her teeth. Her face flushed. She glanced at Otto and acted coquettishly toward him. Otto, have you heard what he had just said? He said I am a fly! How could he?”

“Insolence! How dare you say something like that to my girl! Apologize immediately, or don’t blame me for being rude!” Otto’s face fell. He had always disliked Dustin, but he never had the chance to make a fuss about it. It was perfect timing for him now as he had the reason to do so, which was to protect Julie, his girlfriend.

“Apologize? Do you think you’re worthy of that?” Dustin sneered. He looked like he was looking at an Idiot.

“You! You better give up before it’s too late! I’ll show you the power of a kickboxing champion!” Otto was mad. He said nothing more and attacked.

He made a small step and jumped, preparing to attack with his stealth allack, Hot Knees. That movement of his was strong but cool at the same time. The opponent could easily be deleated if targeted precisely. It was
the best movement for fronting.

“Such badass! Otto!”

“Did you see that? This is Otto’s masterstroke! He’s unstoppable!”

“One must stay as far away from him as possible when he uses Hot Knees!”

The crowd was flattering Otto when he had just started his movements.

However, the next moment, Otto’s body, which was still in midair, was flipped by Dustin with a smack and hit the ground. He took a huge spill and was lying on the ground, motionless, like he was dead.

“Otto!” They were stunned by the scene. They didn’t expect Otto, a kickboxing champion, to be defeated by just one move. It was insane.

“How weak.” Dustin dusted his hands off and sat down. He thought that he could finally be in peace.

“Otto! Otto!”

The crowd of young people quickly helped Otto up after they realized what had happened. They tried waking him up by slapping and pinching him.

Chapter 234

After struggling for a while. Otto gradually regained consciousness. Since he’d fallen face–first. he had lost his front teeth, contributing even further to his disheveled appearance.

“What happened?” He shook his head, confusion lining his features.

He remembered the surge of power he felt as he reveled in his mastery barely seconds ago before weakness seized him, and he found himself lying on the floo

“Otto, you were knocked out by that guy just now!” Julie told him, her expression strange. She’d initially thought Otto would be able to defend her–contrary to her beliefs, the first punch found him sprawled on the floor, unconscious the next instant.

“Knocked out?” Otto was slightly taken aback. He touched his throbbing face, an argument bursting forth.

Fuck that! I must have slipped and lost my balance. That brat would never have been able to hurt me otherwise!”

His declaration elicited a flurry of nods through the crowd.

“That’s right! With Otto’s strength, it would’ve been beyond effortless for him to take that guy down. If it hadn’t been for a moment of carelessness on his part, how else could that guy manage to sneak in an attack?”

“Exactly! Otto must’ve been careless and didn’t dodge it on time!”

Otto’s strength and skills were common knowledge among them all. After more than a decade of professional kickboxing training and championship titles under his belt, his capabilities were unquestionable. If it hadn’t been for him underestimating the opponent, he would never have been taken down in just one move.

“Oh, just admit that you lost and move on. What’s the use in trying to make all sorts of excuses for yourself? With your mediocre martial arts skills, you wouldn’t even be able to hold your own against Dustin even if he only used one hand.” Ruth rolled her eyes.

She’d never seen anyone so shameless–his defiance and feigned bravado despite having been taken down squarely by the opponent irked her to no end.

“Hey! Don’t talk to me like that!” Otto glared in response. “People make mistakes. Hell, even the strongest. horses stumble. You think that little brat is impressive? You think he’s better than me? Fine! Let him fight me again–fair and square. I, for one, am interested in seeing what he’s capable of.”

“What he said! If you have the guts, let Rhys fight Otto in the battle ring and see who’s the real man!” Julie and the others chimed in.

At the end of the day, all of them were convinced that Dustin had only won out of sheer luck. When it came to strength and pure skill, Otto reigned superior.

“What? Do you not have the guts to face me like a man?”

The longer Dustin remained silent, the more arrogant Otto became. “I knew it! That brat had always been all talk and no show. He would never be able to stand up to the challenge!”

“He only knows how to attack when someone’s back is turned. He’s evidently too much of a coward to fight.head–on. Guess that’s the most people like him can ever achieve anyway.”

Disdain took over the room instantly. Any surprise they’d initially felt was soon replaced by contempt. To them. Dustin’s reluctance to rise to Otto’s challenge was the greatest sign of his quilt.

“Look! The Harmons are here!” someone exclaimed out of nowhere.

The rest of them followed the direction of their gaze, only to behold a group led by Natasha entering from the passageway on the left.

The King of Kicks, Mr. Wangley, Stephan, Jessica, and Quentin, among others, were present as well.

“No way! I didn’t think they’d bring Mr. Chapman along today. Now that they did, they must be determined to win!” Otto’s face was a picture of surprise when he caught sight of Stephan in the crowd.

“Who’s Mr. Chapman? Is he a good fighter?” Julie asked tentatively.

“He is much more than that,” Otto began. “Mr. Chapman is the best of the best. He’s one of the best among The Hundred Immortals–skill–wise, it’s hard to find someone in Swinton who can rival his abilities!”

“The best among The Hundred Immortals? No wonder his aura stands out! The way he carries himself is truly remarkable.” A group of disciples watched Stephan make his entrance fervently, their eyes gleaming with respect.

After all, anyone who could make it into The Hundred Immortals demanded every shred of respect they could possibly offer.

Otto, do you know Mr. Chapman?” Julie asked with interest. It was, undoubtedly, an honor to be acquainted with such a renowned master of martial arts in Swinton.

“Do I know him? I don’t just know him–I had the privilege to learn a few tricks from him, and I’m still reaping the benefits from his invaluable lessons today!” Otto’s voice dripped with pride.

“Of course you did! To have learned from Mr. Chapman is such an incredible achievement in itself. I envy you!”

“No wonder you fight so well, Otto. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, indeed!”

The praises lavished upon him made Otto feel rather high and mighty.

As they were still engaged in conversation, Stephan walked over suddenly.

“Otto! Here comes Mr. Chapman! He seems to be walking toward you!” Julie said with excitement.

“Quick! Prepare to welcome Mr. Chapman properly!”

Otto’s face lit up. He adjusted his clothes hastily and went up to Stephan with the rest of his followers.

“Mr. Chap-” he began fawningly.

Unexpectedly, Stephan barely spared him a single glance. Instead, he sidestepped him and, under the watchful and somewhat astonished gaze of the bewildered group, the renowned master walked up to Dustin, raised his arms in the universal gesture of respect, and intoned gravely, “Greetings, Mr. Rhys-“

Chapter 235

“Mr. Rhys?”

Otto and his company were entirely dumbfounded by Stephan’s display of respect toward Dustin. Never in their wildest dreams had they ever anticipated the renowned Mr. Chapman to have come forward specifically for Dustin, let alone greet him with such reverence..

What was happening?

“Mr. Chapman, it’s been a while. Your abilities seem to have improved.” A quick glance from Dustin drew his attention to the differences he spotted in the other man almost at once.

“It’s all thanks to the Gemiphen you gave me, of course. Not only did it heal my internal injuries, it gave me ample power to have a small breakthrough.” Stephan’s face was filled with gratitude.

“Really? I suppose congratulations are in order, then.” Dustin smiled faintly.

“Mr. Rhys, where you’re sitting now doesn’t seem befitting for your status. How about we head over to the reserved seats for the Harmon family?” Stephan gestured with one hand, still courteous as ever.

“Very well. This place is infested with flies anyway. I’d rather sit amidst humans–less tiresome.” Dustin nodded, not refusing the offer.

Just as they prepared to leave, Otto couldn’t help but speak up. “Mr. Chapman-”

“What?” Stephan turned, his expression cold. The way he treated Otto was the complete opposite of when he’d been conversing with Dustin earlier.

“Mr. Chapman, I’m Otto Marsh. We met before, and you gave me a few pointers too.” Otto attempted to turn the situation in his favor.

“I’ve given pointers to a lot of people. As for you–I have no recollection at all.” Stephan left after replying dismissively.

Otto stood paralyzed, awkwardness creeping up his features. To have boasted for so long only to be brutally rejected was humiliating beyond words.

“Who’s that little brat anyway? How could he turn out to be acquainted with Mr. Chapman?” someone asked.

“He looks like a pretty boy taken in by Ms. Harmon. If it hadn’t been for his relationship with the Harmons, Mr. Chapman would never stoop down to this level otherwise, let alone treat someone like him so respectfully!” Julie said indignantly.

“After all that fuss, he turns out to be nothing but a leech, basking in the glory of the Harmon family. To think that I, for a second, genuinely believed him to be someone important!” Otto released a sigh of relief, though his expression was contemptuous.

There was no glory in depending on women to climb the ranks. A real man depended on no one else but himself and his own strength!

“Finally, Come sit.” As Natasha caught sight of Dustin, she immediately patted the seat next to herself, signaling for him to sit.

Dustin didn’t hesitate either. He gracefully took his seat and said, “Boulderthorn is wel prepared this time. I advise you to be more cautious.”

Natasha had yet to reply when Quentin, who was sitting beside her, scoffed. “Don’t worry about it. With the King of Kicks on our side, victory is guaranteed to be ours!”

“If that is indeed the situation, I suppose it couldn’t be more perfect, then.” Dustin smiled lightly and said no more.

Amid the low hum of conversation, another group emerged from the right passageway. At their very front was a man about thirty years of age, clad in white. The man’s eyebrows were sharp, his demeanor commanding along with those strongly piercing eyes. The crowd parted around him easily, allowing his presence to stand out with minimal effort.

This man was the principal disciple of Mr. Williams, Maximus Kane. Behind him, Brody Williams and his tropes followed as well.

As soon as the two sides met, tensions rose immediately.

“Ms. Harmon, I admire your courage to rise to my challenge, but today, victory belongs to none other than Boulderthorn!” Brody was the first to speak..

“Words are futile. Prove it to me with your actions if you really believe so.” Natasha returned indifferently.

“I will! Today’s fight will be something else–there shall be no limits on the number of rounds and participants. The last person standing in the battle ring is the victor. How does that sound?”

“I have no objections to that.” Natasha nodded. In order to make it count, they had to make the other party submit to them wholeheartedly.

Upon reaching an agreement, both sides began their preparations. Shortly after, the first match commenced.

Boulderthorn was the first to mount the ring. Their first contestant was an exceedingly heavyset beast of a man. Every step he took sent shudders down the loosely–hanging flesh on his body.

The sight of him was rather comical, to say the least.

When he climbed up the battle ring and took his position, he even held the leg of roasted mutton in one hand his teeth tearing into the meat voraciously.

Chapter 236

“What’s going on with Boulderthorn? Why would they send that chunkster on stage? With his physique, he’ll be out of breath after taking just a few steps–can he even handle the Battle Royale?” Quentin scoffed.

“Don’t underestimate the opponent. Since Boulderthom dares send him into the ring, he must have some extraordinary qualities that could potentially push the tide in their favor. Which one of you wants to go first?” Natasha asked the three of them.

“Ms. Harmon, let me handle the first round.” Stephan stood and strode into the battle ring.

Among the three of them, his strength appeared to be the weakest. Because of that, it was only natural that he took the lead. After all, if he could secure their victory in the first match, he might as well have laid the foundation for their eventual win,

“Dustin, who do you think would win? Ruth asked curiously.

“It’s hard to tell. The chunkster looks peculiar enough, but if Mr. Chapman can find his weaknesses and attack. focally, he might still stand a chance.” Dustin analyzed.

“Hmph! That’s so close–minded!” Quentin pursed his lips. “What right does he have to fight against Mr. Chapman? A few rounds of simply running around, and he’ll be as good as dead!”

Dustin did not argue against that. Instead, he fixed his gaze on the battle ring, seemingly deep in thought.

Meanwhile, in the battle ring, both parties prepared themselves as the referee mounted the stage.

“There are no rules in this ring. Live or die–that’s on you. Surrendering, severe injuries, death, or being thrown out of the ring will result in a loss of said round. Do the both of you understand?”

The referee threw his hands down as soon as the two contestants nodded.

“Let the games begin!”

With a frenzied shout, the atmosphere around the ring instantly surged to a new peak.

“I’ve long heard about the many talents cultivated under the lead of Mr. Williams. I’m honored to be able to
l witness them with my own eyes today!”

After a firm salute, Stephan took a step forward and launched his first attack.

The strategy he elected was to take control of the fight and exhaust his opponent. As the man’s physique was beyond massive, his strength was apparent. Direct attacks were not a smart option if he wanted to last in the ring.

To be on the safe side, he had to fully leverage the advantages of his lightweight body and the subsequent agileness it inevitably brought him.

Stephan inched closer toward his opponent but did not launch a frontal attack. Instead, he rounded to t back of the chunkster and slapped him on the back.

The A crisp slap rang out, but the chunkster stood unmoving. Throughout his body, his flesh rippled and trembled shudderingly. The force brought down by Stephan’s palm had been completely dissipated by the violent
shudders of flesh, leaving the man completely unaffected by its magnitude.

“So, this is what it is then?” Stephan’s gaze narrowed, but he didn’t stop. He delivered two more sharp, consecutive slaps–one to the chunkster’s waist, the other to his back. Both of them landed on spots that should’ve been vulnerable had it not been for the protection of his voluminous flesh and body fat that shielded him from even remotely sensing the impact of Stephan’s punches.

Contrary to what Stephan expected, his opponent paid him no heed despite his efforts to garner his attention. From the start, he simply chewed on the roasted mutton leg he held in one hand, completely disregarding Stephan’s presence.

Stephan was beginning to get mad. His palms transformed into brutal fists that pounded wildly from top to bottom in rapid succession. The series of punches he launched after that was almost crazed and merciless. and yet the chunkster continued devouring the mutton leg with the fervor of a famished man.

Stephan’s pride, having suffered the fall it did, transmuted into wild fury. As his rage suffused him, he delivered a swift kick to the mutton in the chunkster’s hands and watched with satisfaction as the man turned to him stunned at first.

Then, a roar followed as he charged toward Stephan with astonishing speed, his actions reminiscent of a distraught bear.

A moment of carelessness had him colliding head–on with the chunkster’s advance–his body air–bound the next moment and his gut churning.

Midair, the chunkster’s head struck him squarely in the chest, sending him flying even further, a mouthful of bright–red blood spilling from his lips.

Before he knew it, he was already on the ground, thrown out of the battle ring before he’d even gotten the chance to retaliate.

Chapter 237

“How could this happen? Mr. Chapman lost?” Quentin’s face was slack with shock as he beheld Stephan’s injuries and the blood he was still coughing up as a result of the man’s attack. He’d never anticipated the strength the chunkster had shown–not even Mr. Chapman could rival that kind of power.

“Who is that chunkster? Not even Mr. Chapman could break through his defenses-

Natasha’s face grew serious. She was well aware of the extent of Stephan’s capabilities. He was a martial artist who specialized in harnessing the body’s internal energy, and his punches were enough to break through store.

And yet, for someone of his expertise to have not been able to impact the other man in the slightest–it was evident that his opponent would not be easily defeated by ordinary means alone.

“If I’m not mistaken, he’s Mr. Williams‘ second disciple. They call him Rotund Tiger.”

Mr. Wangley stroked his beard and said nonchalantly. “This person might seem simple–minded, but the talent he possesses when it comes to martial arts is extraordinary. His body is capable of both attack and defense- it’s tough yet flexible. It’s very difficult for someone unfamiliar with his fighting style to take him on successfully.”

“Mr. Wangley, can you take him on?” Natasha asked in return.

“I can’t guarantee a win, but I think I have an eighty to ninety percent chance of holding my own against him.” Mr. Wangley’s tone was proud.

“Good. Please do your best then, Mr. Wangley.” Natasha nodded imperceptibly.

“Mr. Wangley, the man’s weakness lies on the crown of his head. If you time your attacks well and seize the opportunity when it presents itself, you might be able to take him down in one strike!” Dustin spoke up suddenly.

It’d only taken him a single round to discern the opponent’s vulnerable spots.

If they wanted to win, it was crucial to strike where the opponent was the weakest–not only would that ensure an easy win, but it would also further guarantee their overall victory.

“What? Are you trying to tell me what to do?” Mr. Wangley peered at Dustin out of the corner of his eye, his tone displeased.

“I’m just offering a friendly reminder.”

“A reminder? Do I look like I need your reminders? Mr. Wangley sneered. “Who do you think you are, boy? What right do you have to tell me how to take this man down? Do you think you’re stronger than me?”

“Dustin! Shut your mouth if you don’t know what you’re talking about. Does Mr. Wangley look like he needs your advice to win? Really, it’s about time someone put you in your place for a change!” Quentin was equally impatient.

“If you don’t believe me, it’s your call. Forget it, then.” Dustin shrugged. There was no point in trying to reason with them anyway. He’d only thought to offer a suggestion out of pure goodwill. Since none of them appreciated it, he wouldn’t scramble to make them listen, either.

‘Little brat! Keep your eyes wide open and look at how it really is done!” Mr. Wangley turned and sprang away. leaving Dustin with those words. The older man scared into the battle ring like a proud eagle, landing steadily amid the feverish applause from the audience.

Someone whistled, raucous cheers erupting all over in response to Mr. Wangley’s elegant move.

The chunkster, however, paid him no attention. He picked up the fallen mutton leg and continued devouring it vehemently.

“Young man, that Adamantine Shield of yours is undeniably impressive, but unfortunately, you’re faced with me tonight. It is only fate for you to end up as my stepping stone!” Mr. Wangley placed both hands behind his back, arrogance permeating his features.

“Chunkster! Knock this old man out of the ring, and I’ll treat you to a whole roasted lamb in return!” Brody shouted from the audience.

“Lamb… lamb!”

The chunkster’s eyes lit up as he turned to Mr. Wangley. At present, it was not a renowned fighter who stood. before him but the promise of a fragrant, whole roasted lamb.

“Defeat you eat lamb!” He struggled to utter a few words from his limited vocabulary before launching his first attack. With a stomp, the chunkster charged toward Mr. Wangley like the sputtering engine of a car, violently aiming for a collision.

“Ineffectual amateur!” Mr. Wangley flexed his soles and sprang, landing not a moment later on the chunkster’s back. Then, without pausing, he extended his fingers and struck the pressure points present on the chunkster’s back relentlessly.

The chunkster stumbled along with Mr. Wangley’s momentum. He swayed, seconds away from losing his balance.

“Lamb! Meat!” The chunkster was growing impatient now. His assault became crazed and frantic, but Mr. Wangley was smart enough not to meet them head–on. Instead, he ducked agilely, launching a few sneak attacks here and there as he egged his opponent on.

When it came to manipulating the pressure points of his opponent to turn the situation in his favor, he was, no doubt, an expert.

He believed that no matter how strong the chunkster’s defenses were, he could effectively target his pressure points and bring him down, once and for all! At the end of the day, those were the points he believed to be the chunkster’s weaknesses.

His idea was undeniably a good one, but as time passed, Mr. Wangley couldn’t help but feel that something was off.

Because of the chunkster’s build, his delenses were different from the patterns exhibited by the usual adamantine shields wielded by the opponents he’d faced in the past.

The lat on his body was key in dissipating the impact of his attempted attacks. As for the pressure points he’d been targeting all this while, they only proved to be mildly effective for a short period of time before fully recovering shortly after, rendering most of his strikes ineffective.

After their long–withstanding struggle, the chunkster appeared to be spirited while Mr. Wangley seemed more out of breath than ever.

The consumption of energy after channeling the internal energy he possessed drained him to the core.

“This is impossible!” Mr. Wangley exclaimed inwardly, his brow knitted.

The chunkster’s appearance was unremarkable, but he was extremely tenacious.

“Mr. Wangley! Try targeting the crown of his head! That’s where his weakness lies!” Natasha’s voice rang out from the audience.

No one believed Dustin but her.

“That brat speaks nothing but nonsense! He’s just trying to disrupt the state of my mind!” Mr. Wangley’s expression was icy.

Not even he could identify the chunkster’s weaknesses, let alone someone whose name he hadn’t even heard of in his entire life. He was not about to believe his words just like that.

“I need to finish this soon! And quickly!” His stamina was swiftly waning, and he couldn’t afford to waste any more time.

Mr. Wangley threw himself forward boldly, targeting a punch toward the chunkster’s throat. That area had the least amount of flesh–it must be his opponent’s weakest spot.

If it landed where he intended to, the subsequent effects would be extraordinary.

“Gotcha!” The chunkster grinned as he grabbed ahold of Mr. Wangley’s wrist.

“Shit-“Mr. Wangley’s expression changed as the magnitude of the situation he was caught in dawned upon him. He was about to pull back, only to realize he couldn’t break free.

“Up you go!” The chunkster bellowed and tossed Mr. Wangley up in the air, spinning him around. About ten rounds or so later, he swatted the old man like a fly and sent him crashing to the ground.

A loud boom reverberated around the arena, shaking it momentarily.

Mr. Wangley coughed up blood as he convulsed on the ground before stilling completely. He was severely injured, rendered motionless by the impact of his fall. That plummet must have also broken a great number of
his bones.

“Mr. Wangley!” Quentin stood up immediately. Shock and, inexplicably, fear had taken hold of his features.

When he’d watched Mr. Wangley’s attempts to take control of the situation earlier, he thought victory was theirs at long last. Never in his wildest dreams would he imagine the tides to turn on them.

“Quick! Get a doctor over here!” Natasha’s expression was stem as she ordered someone to lift Mr. Wangley off the ground.

“Even Mr. Wangley lost to this chunkster, Could he actually be invincible?” Ruth’s brows were perpetually furrowed, worry evident on her face.

The situation was far from optimistic after losing two rounds in a row.

“Another great master from the Harmons has fallen. Looks like their loss today is inevitable! Otto shook his head.

“Exactly! Competing against Boulderthorn today was a surefire way to bring disgrace upon themselves. Not even the Harmons could emerge victorious against an opponent this powerful!” Julie grinned gleefully.

After knowing that Dustin had connections with the Harmon family, she couldn’t help but take pleasure in the misfortune of said family.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” Suddenly, a man spoke up from beside them. “I heard the Harmons still have their biggest trump card to turn this around!”

“What trump card?” Otto asked tentatively.

“This trump card of theirs is none other than the warrior ranked ninth among the Hundred Immortals, the King of Kicks!”

Chapter 238

“The King of Kicks?”

“The one ranked ninth on The Hundred Immortals?”

Everyone looked astonished upon hearing the mention. They had clearly heard of the King of Kicks–those who ranked on The Hundred Immortals were extraordinary talents, not to mention the legends who made it into the
top ten!

A powerful man like the King of Kicks would command respect anywhere he went. His presence at their unremarkable guild was akin to an attack from a higher level. Not even the Boulderthorn disciples could overshine him.

“Wow! I’m surprised that the Harmons have hired the King of Kicks! They are indeed wealthy!”

“With the King of Kicks around, the Harmons are definitely winning the battle.”

“He can take on every single opponent at the scene with his capability!”

After the initial shock, the spectators started to anticipate the fight. After today, they could boast that they had witnessed the King of Kicks in action.

“Ms. Harmon, your martial artists seem weak. Why don’t you send the top gun?” Brody challenged her with a sneer. Winning two consecutive rounds boosted his confidence.

“Sir Cavaliere, I’ll bank on you.” Natasha looked at the hawk–nosed elder.

“Hmph! Didn’t I tell you not to waste your time? What are those two good–for–nothings doing here?” The man appeared disdainful. His remark upset Stephan and Mr. Wangley, who were being treated for their injuries on the side. Still, they dared not talk back to him.

“Sir Cavaliere, you’re right. These two aren’t at the same level as you. They’re just here to fill up the quota,” Quentin quickly sucked up to the King of Kicks..

“Please, Sir Cavaliere.” Natasha, refusing to engage in more talk, gestured toward the battle ring.

“Sure! Since I’m paid to do this, I’ll walk around the ring!” He smiled and marched right into the ring. His appearance led to a huge commotion among the audience.

“Fuck! It’s truly the King of Kicks! Am I dreaming?”

“That’s unexpected! The Harmons must have spent a fortune to get him here!”

“When you have one of the top ten from The Hundred Immortals in the ring, it’s practically a massacre, isn’t it?”

“I thought the Harmons were going to lose! But the tables have turned!”

The atmosphere in the guild reached a climax due to the presence of the King of Kicks.

“Although this has cost us a fortune, it is worth it solely for the shock factor. The corner of Jessica’s lips curled into a rare smile.

“That’s true! Once the King of Kicks defeats the lineup from Mr. Williams‘ side, no one will look for trouble with us anymore!” Quentin concurred with a nod.

“Too bad the King of Kicks is an egotistical lone wolf. We can’t work with him for long.” Natasha shook her head regretfully.

“Oh, what do you know? Legends are special and act in their own ways. That’s why they’re different from us!” Quentin sounded like a know–it–all and was promptly ignored by Natasha.

“Silence!” The hawk–nosed elder pressed on the floor of the ring. When the audience quieted, he announced, “I have caught the flu and felt sick today. Therefore, I shall surrender and forfeit the battle today!”

Chaos erupted among the audience.

“What? Is he surrendering?”

“That can’t be! He’s the King of Kicks and ninth on The Hundred Immortals. How could he give up because of flu?”

“Fuck! That’s no surrender. He’s doing it on purpose!”

The audience was stunned and confused as they didn’t expect the King of Kicks to act in such a way. After going into the ring, he surrendered before the battle. What was that? Was there some shady deal going on?

“What’s wrong? Why did he surrender?” Jessica and her group exchanged astonished glances. The King of

Kicks had received the payment but surrendered before he rendered his services. He had crossed a line!

“Did he switch sides at the last minute?” Dustin narrowed his eyes, looking hostile. He had not expected the King of Kicks to pull off that trick.

“Sir Cavaliere! What was that?” Natasha shot up from her seat, looking frosty. The whole reason she accepted the invitation to the battle was because she had him as an ace card. His unexpected behavior had messed up her plans.

“Ms. Harmon, you paid me to join the battle, but you did not specify that I have to win. Isn’t it a normal thing to fall sick and give up on the battle?” He flashed a half smile at her.

"Sir! You are a respected senior in the martial arts world! Aren’t you worried you’d be the butt of the jokes if you flip–flopped on your promises?” Natasha chided him.

“The butt of jokes? I am an honorable and upright man. No one dares to joke about me.” His eyes swept across the area, and those who felt his gaze quickly lowered their heads in deference.

“Sir Cavaliere, I believe I have treated you generously. Why would you do this?” She furrowed her brow. At that moment, she was no longer oblivious to the fact that she had been fooled. The King of Kicks agreed to join the battle, only to surrender at a critical moment, catching her off–guard. It was a cruel and raw betrayal!

“Ms. Harmon, I do not see the need to hide the truth from you.” The hawk–nosed old man straightened his shirt and said to her, “I play fair, and I work for the highest bidder. This time around, someone has offered me a higher price. So, I can’t help you out. Of course, I can reconsider my decision if you’re willing to bid for my service at a higher price.”

“Are you marking up the price now?” There was a wintry look in Natasha’s attractive eyes.

“Since this is a transaction, it’s only normal to mark up prices at the last minute.” He showed no guilt in his behavior.

“You’re shameless!” She sneered, feeling aghast at the rotten character of the King of Kicks she had painstakingly hired.

“Ms. Harmon, if you refuse to offer a higher price, I shall leave the ring.” He looked like he was about to leave.

“Wait! We’ll do it!” Jessica’s face fell apart, and she immediately stopped him. If the King of Kicks surrendered, the Harmons would lose the battle without a doubt! They had to accept the fact, even if he had demanded more money at the eleventh hour.

“I’m sorry. Your reply comes too late.” He sneered at them and walked up to the Boulderthorn guild gang in front of everyone. The Harmons instantly paled upon witnessing that.

Chapter 239

The Harmons were shocked that the handsomely–paid King of Kicks had tricked them instead of lending them a helping hand. At that moment, they were lost and helpless.

Meanwhile, the Boulderthorn guild was all smiles, a stark contrast to the anger and indignation on the Harmons‘ end.

“Hahaha Ms. Harmon, your family has lost three rounds. Anyone else wants to get into the ring? If not, we’ll declare victory!” Brody laughed insolently. Very few knew the fact that the King of Kicks was a good friend of Mr. Williams. The betrayal was part of his plan as well. That would force the Harmons into a corner!

“Oh no! Are the Harmons leaving in defeat?”

“I was looking forward to a great battle tonight. Who knew we’d witness such a botched situation!”

“At the end of the day, the Harmons have fallen into a trap. The King of Kicks that they wasted the effort on recruiting turns out to be a rat from the Boulderthorn guild!”

“Might is right! There’s no point arguing over this. The Harmons are destined to lose!”

There was a lot of gossip surrounding the sharp turn of events. People were shocked and sympathetic; some were even gleeful at the disaster.

“Natasha, your King of Kicks is a sham! What do we do now? Do we take the defeat?” Quentin put on an odd and critical look.

Natasha bit her lips but said nothing. The situation had unfolded beyond her control, and she wondered if there was anyone who could save the day.

“Ms. Harmon, is anyone from your side going into the ring? Just admit defeat if you have no one else to send. Stop wasting time,” Brody challenged her again.

“Yeah! Just admit defeat! Don’t waste our time!” Those from the Boulderthorn guild chanted, and the Harmons had nothing to say in return, only upset looks on their faces.

“I’ll go!” A voice boomed and echoed in the guild. Everyone looked at the handsome man who emerged from the crowd. It was Dustin Rhys!

“Huh?” The audience standing beside him was puzzled.

“Rhys! Are you kidding? The audacity to join the battle!” Quentin was taken aback before sniggering as he gave Dustin a look of disbelief.

“Dustin, stop fooling around! Even Mr. Wangsley and the rest were no match for the Boulderthorn guild. What can you do up there? Losing your life?” Jessica rebuked, but she was more concerned about the reputation of the Harmons than Dustin’s safety. If he lost the battle, the Harmon family’s reputation would suffer.

“Dustin, you don’t have to take the risk. If they want our stocks, we’ll give it to them.” Natasha was worried for her man. No amount of stocks or benefits was worth risking his life lor.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” He smiled. “I will not offer them our stocks, and I’ll save our reputation!” With that, he marched into the ring. He wasn’t planning on getting involved, but he was forced to do so after the King of Kicks switched sides at the last minute.

“Sis, do you not want to stop him?” Ruth was a little concerned.

“He’s not a reckless man. If he’s fine with joining the battle, he must be confident in his chances of winning.” Natasha put on a brave face, but her eyes betrayed her worry. However, she had no choice but to trust him unconditionally in such a critical time.

“Kiddo, you must be on a suicide mission! How dare you come into the ring?” Brody laughed like a maniac and stared at Dustin like he was looking at a dead man. He had been thinking hard about getting revenge against Dustin, but Dustin made it easy for him.

“Who is that?” Maximus questioned.

“Max, that’s the inventor of Immortunol. He was the one who slapped me this morning.” Brody explained.

Chapter 240

“Oh, it’s him.”

Maximus smiled coolly. “It’s really gutsy of a physician to join the battle. Looks like the Harmons have run out of candidates.”

Dustin’s appearance came as a shock to the members of the Boulderthorn guild as well as Julie and her group.

“Is he crazy? He can’t even beat me. What makes him think he’s capable of fighting the Boulderthorn masters?

to Marsh was dumbfounded by Dustin’s decision. Even Mr. Chapman was beaten to a pulp in the ring. Where did a weakling like Dustin get the courage to enter the ring?

“Hmph! He still wants to show off at this point in time. That’s just courting death.” Julie chuckled gleefully. She looked forward to Dustin being beaten up badly onstage.

“You’re damn right! Even Otto knows better than to show off at this serious event. That dude is on a suicide mission!” The group of youngsters scoffed at Dustin, whom they believed was an attention–seeker. An average person should never get involved in the battle of the masters, for a tiny slip–up could cost one’s life.

“Young man, are you sure you’d like to fight on behalf of the Harmon family? The hawk nosed elder suddenly questioned in a threatening voice. Everyone in the guild could hear him well, even though he wasn’t speaking loudly. The elder had made it clear that anyone who represented the Harmons would be his enemy.

“Well, at least I’m not as shameless as those who took the money but refused to make good on their promise and even stabbed others in the back!” Dustin taunted him mercilessly. “Even dogs are thankful to the hand that feeds them. I guess that somebody is worse than an animal.”

The audience gasped and murmured upon hearing the remark. They were already startled when Dustin went on the stage, but they were once again shocked by his audacity to mock the King of Kicks in public. Was Dustin Rhys playing with fire?

“You punk! Do you even hear what you’re saying?” The old man’s expression crumbled.

“Why? Can’t stand being criticized for your actions? You’re just a greedy, dishonest, and ungrateful bastard, aren’t you?” Dustin jeered at him.

“You have a death wish!” The old man stared coldly at Dustin, but he was stopped by Maximus before he could make a move. “Sir Cavaliere, we cannot break the rules of the battle. You should leave any personal grudges for post–battle.”

“You punk! I sure hope you survive!” The hawk–nosed old man scoffed and begrudgingly took his seat.

“Sir Cavaliere, calm down. That punk is certainly going to be dead today.” Brody cackled and yelled in the direction of the ring. “Chunkster, smash him! I’ll give you two more mutton legs if you cripple him!”

“Mutton leg! Mutton leg!” Chunkster giggled, his eyes shining bright when he stared at Dustin, Before the referee even officiated the match, he had hurled himself toward Dustin at high speed and with explosive energy like an invincible human tank. Compared to Chunkster, Dustin was as thin as a rail.

“That punk is going to die! Not even Mr. Chapman could beat Chunkster. Dustin Rhys is going to be minced meat in the ring.” Otto chuckled with anticipation.

“He deserves it for being a show–off.” Julie crossed her arms on her chest and waited for ill fate to befall Dustin.

Just when everyone thought that it was a David and Goliath battle with a clear winner, Dustin suddenly made a move. He kicked against the ground and launched himself forward like an agile serpent. When he was near Chunkster, he quickly leaped into the air, tapping his index and middle fingers on the Meridian point on top of Chunkster’s head with precision.

With a grunt. Chunkster immediately blacked out in the ring. Due to the momentum, his ball–like figure accelerated for a good ten feet before coming to a stop and dropping off the platform with a thud. The audience watched on, their jaws dropping on the floor.

Chapter 241

“What the fuck? Has the battle ended?”

The audience in the guild stared at Chunkster, who was lying flat on the ground lifelessly. They looked at each other in disbelief. At first, they thought that Dustin would never win, but the battle ended with a huge twist. More importantly, Dustin had only made one move throughout the battle, which was terrifying, to say the least.

“Fuck! That dude won? What happened?” Otto’s eyes widened, and he looked incredulous. Dustin Rhys beat Chunkster, who had defeated Mr. Chapman. Would that mean Dustin was more powerful than Mr. Chapman?

“I–impossible! That guy must have pulled some tricks. Why else could he win without breaking a sweat?” Julie vehemently shook her head, refusing to accept the outcome.

“What happened just now? Why did Chunkster collapse after the touch?” Brody was confounded. Chuckster’s defense should have been impenetrable for most, except for Maximus and the King of Kicks. What trick did
Dustin pull to win?

“He’s quite something. He found Chunkster’s weakness in no time.” Maximus narrowed his eyes and appeared quite taken aback. The others might be oblivious to the strategy behind the move, but Maximus knew that Dustin had found Chunkster’s weakness and focused his attack on it, which resulted in the surprise victory.

“No wonder he was so confident. He came prepared.” The hawk–nosed old man scoffed. He would have acknowledged Dustin’s talent if the latter had taken down the opponent with his skills, but the trick that Dustin pulled was cowardly.

“Hahaha! He won! Dustin, you’re awesome!” After overcoming the shock, Ruth jumped up and down with joy.

“What’s so great about it? He had to thank Mr. Wangley and Mr. Chapman for exhausting Chunkster. He wouldn’t have taken advantage of Chunkster otherwise.” Quentin was a little jealous about Dustin’s win. In his opinion, Dustin merely beat the opponent due to luck.

“Mr. Wangley, Mr. Rhys was right. Chunkster’s weakness is on the top of his head.” Stephan, who was being treated for his injury, shot a glance at Mr. Wangley, who seemed embarrassed and quiet.

The unexpected victory set the crowd ablaze. Most were confused and doubtful about Dustin’s move, but he proved that the Harmons still had a chance to fight and win.

“Is that all the Boulderthorn disciples have to show?” Dustin stood boastfully in the ring with a disdainful smile on his lips.

“That insolent bastard!”

“How dare you?

“This is too much!”

Upon hearing the insult, the Boulderthorn gang stood up in rage. Anyone who looked down on their guild would be playing with fire!

“You punk! You’d better tone down your ego!” Brody angrily slapped the table and shot up

“Quit the nonsense. If you can, take me on.” Dustin was as calm as ever as he looked down upon those beneath him.

Right then, the hawk–nosed elder suddenly cackled menacingly. “Kiddo, did you really think you could show off a couple of amateur moves over here?”

“If you do not believe me, come try it out for yourself.” Dustin wiggled his fingers at the old man provocatively.

“Great! If death is what you’re after, I shall grant your wish.” The old man finally lost it and walked up to the ring. At the sight, everyone at the scene cheered enthusiastically.

“Great! The King of Kicks finally joins the battle!”

“How dare that dude challenge the King of Kicks? He doesn’t know his limits.”

“Either way. he’s going to lose. At least he’d lose with glory if he is defeated by the King of Kicks.”

“Hmph! The King of Kicks is known to be violent. He wouldn’t go easy on that kid.”

The crowd was murmuring about the scene in the ring.

Otto snickered. “Well, at least the punk will die an honorable death in the hands of the King of Kicks!”

“He’s too reckless! Did he think he could call the shots after his one lucky victory? Facing off the King of Kicks is the same as staring at death!” Julie couldn’t resist the touch of schadenfreude. But she admitted that Dustin had given her many surprises. At the end of the day, she believed that he wouldn’t escape his fate of being butchered.

“That old fart is utterly despicable! When he was repping the Harmons, he immediately ceded the fight. Now, he’s fighting against us. He’s the ultimate definition of shameless!” Ruth was irritated. Just when there was a sliver of hope for the Harmons, the King of Kicks showed up to give them a blow. It was disgusting.

“There’s no point talking about that. Let’s think about what we’re going to do after the loss.” Quentin shook his head. He obviously decided that Dustin would be defeated.

“Hey, little punk! I’ll give you a chance to live. If you bow to me here, I’ll spare your life!” the King of Kicks announced evilly in the ring.

“Bow to you? Are you asking me to bow to a filthy animal? You don’t deserve that.” Dustin chortled.

“You’re a brave one. I bet you’ll only regret it when you’re staring at death!” Looking offended, the old man took one step after another toward Dustin with an imposing air.

An average martial artist would have cowered under the pressure, but Dustin stood firmly on the ground unaffected.

“To avoid accusations of bullying the young, I shall only make three moves on you. If you successfully block all the attacks, I’ll consider you victorious,” the old man said coldly.

“Bring it on.” Dustin gestured at him.

“The first kick is to destroy your core!” After snorting, the old man suddenly launched the first kick. He propelled himself like an arrow projecting from the bow. He was moving at an unbelievably high speed that the crowd could not make out his figure.

When the old man was near enough, he quickly gave Dustin a kick in the abdomen. The strength of the kick was comparable to the destructiveness of a bullet. It was so powerful that it could make a hole in a metal board, not to mention destroying a human.

Seeing that, Dustin merely smiled and swayed aside, narrowly avoiding the attack.

“Hmm?” When the kick didn’t land, the old man looked quite perplexed. He had applied only half of his full strength in the first kick, which made it impossible to dodge. “He is something No wonder he’s so bold.” The old man scrunched his eyes and scoffed. “But that’s the end of it!”

With that, he moved across the ring again, launching his second kick with 80% of his full strength, aiming at Dustin’s head this time. He was confident that Dustin would be annihilated after being struck.

A figure flashed across the ring quickly. Like an apparition, Dustin twisted his body and narrowly escaped the second kick.

“Why? Are you starving? Why are you moving so slowly?” Dustin jeered at him as though he was staring at a clown. His disdainful gaze had completely infuriated the old man.

Chapter 242

“You’re asking for death!” Incensed, the King of Kicks finally decided to give it his all. He leaped into the air and served multiple flying kicks as he landed in Dustin’s direction. This time, he did not only attack Dustin point–to–point–he was undiscerning in his moves, offering no escape for his opponent.

“You punk! Let’s see how you’re going to dodge this!” He laughed maniacally as the number of kicks increased and covered a wider scope. Dustin, who was targeted, stood there without fear.

“It’s clear who’s the winner here.” Maximus shook his head and stood up to leave. He was initially surprised by Dustin’s agility, but even that was no match for the King of Kicks. No level of agility could save the young man from the indiscriminate attacks by the King of Kicks. In the face of actual talent, Dustin’s tricks would be of no use.

All of a sudden, they heard a deafening explosion from the ring. The kicking legs in the air were nowhere to be seen. Instead, The King of Kicks stopped his leg right by Dustin’s ear, but it wasn’t an attempt to show mercy to Dustin. Unfortunately, his shin was locked in Dustin’s grip, immobilizing him.

“Did I ever say I’d dodge your attacks?” Dustin grinned as he grabbed the leg of the King of Kicks.

“Did he block the kick?” Maximus, who was ready to leave, stood still, looking astonished. Not even he would think of blocking a fullstrength attack from the King of Kicks, but Dustin seemed to have grabbed the opponent’s leg with much ease. Maximus wondered what had happened. Was the King of Kicks conserving his energy on purpose, or did he underestimate Dustin’s capability?

“H–how is that possible? How did you block that move?” The old man widened his eyes in utter disbelief. knowing he had not held back on the attack. Even though the kick wasn’t his most fatal move, it was more than enough to fight against most martial artists in the field. Therefore, he was shocked to see Dustin holding his powerful leg with one hand. It was too eerie a scene to make sense of.

“Is there even anything great about that kick of yours? It’s so weak that even a three–year–old could block it,” Dustin remarked, looking unbothered.

“Nonsense!” The old man was a ball of rage as he leaped into the air and struck again with an earth- shattering force.

“Hey! You used up your three moves! You lost!” Ruth yelled at the old man, but he ignored her reminder and capitalized on the force of gravity to strike Dustin on the head. This time, he was confident that Dustin wouldn’t be able to fend it off.

“You never learn, do you?” Dustin snorted and lifted his arm to block the kick without as much as moving aside. The collision between the leg and arm resulted in an explosive sound. An invisible blast wave spread across the space from the core of the collision while strong gusts of winds roared. Dustin stood on the ground without moving an inch. He looked poised and unhurt, but multiple cracks had formed underneath his feet.

On the other hand, the old man had placed one leg on Dustin’s arm as he mustered up all his energy in an attempt to press his opponent onto the ground. No matter how much force he exerted, Dustin’s arm remained motionless, like it was made of metal.

“Is that all?” Dustin raised a brow, looking disdainful. “Is that all the King of Kicks have to show?”

“No! This can’t be! How could you possibly block that attack? You aren’t even tanked on The Hundred Immortals!” The old man had shock written all across his lace. He was sure that Dustin wasn’t ranked because he had fought the top ten in the ranking.

“The Hundred Immortals?” Dustin chuckled and whispered, “Let me tell you a secret: I made it to The Heavenly Immortals ten years ago.”

“The Heavenly Immortals?” The old man was stunned by the revelation. The Heavenly Immortals were levels above The Hundred Immortals, and those ranked on that list were the creme de la creme. It sounded impossible that a twenty–something like Dustin managed to make it to that list. One must know that the martial artists who made it to The Heavenly Immortals were the ones who achieved divinity, at the very least!

“No! Impossible! You must be bluffing!” The old man refused to believe Dustin’s words. It was rare to run into martial artists ranked on The Heavenly Immortals, and a ranked martial artist wouldn’t have lived in a small town like Swinton, to begin with.

“Look out for my Phoenix Kick!” The old man put a distance between them, followed by kicking himself off the ground and launching himself into the air. Through consecutive kicks that morphed into shadows, he initiated a crazed attack on Dustin.

“All show and no go!” Dustin scoffed at the move and sent a punch into the sole of the old man’s foot. Following another explosive sound, the old man was sent flying across the air like a soccer ball. With another thud, he collapsed underneath the ring, bleeding from the orifices on his face and suffering from fractures in his legs.

The crowd went dead silent at the sight of the lifeless King of Kicks on the ground. People were gaping with alarmed looks. They could not believe that the King of Kicks, from the top ten of The Hundred Immortals, had lost a battle in record time and without warning. Some of the spectators had not even recovered from the blow.

More importantly, Dustin seemed to have attacked only once throughout the fight, apart from all the defensive moves and the dodging. That was the scariest observation of the night. Had the crowd not witnessed it with their own eyes, they would have scoffed at the idea of the King of Kicks losing to an obscure young man.

“Has the King of Kicks lost?” Brody’s mind went blank. He could not comprehend the situation and even went as far as to suspect the King of Kicks of staging the loss.

“My lord! Where did that guy come from?” Otto swallowed hard as his disrespect for Dustin was replaced by shock and fear, Dustin defeating the King of Kicks was a testament to his capability. At the thought of his previous provocations toward Dustin, Otto suddenly felt a prick of fear. Thankfully, Dustin did not take the remarks too seriously. Else, Otto might have ended up as dead meat.

“Im-
impossible!” He’s just a good–for–nothing! Since when has he become a master? Julie was both dumbstruck and doubtful. She refused to believe that Dustin was capable of such powerful moves. The only
possible explanation was that the two men in the ring were putting on a show. The King of Kicks must have been bribed by Dustin and played out his part as the loser. Right! That must be it!

“Haha! He won! We won!” Ruth squealed in excitement and showed off to the others, “See that? That’s my brother–in–law in the ring! Isn’t he amazing?”

“Wait, he won? How did he do it? Quentin stared on, eyes widened into saucers.

“Never have I thought that he was a hidden talent. Since he’s beaten the King of Kicks, I believe he is capable of being ranked within the top eight in The Hundred Immortals, Jessica mused. She admitted that she had missed the unpolished gem. Dustin Rhys was more remarkable than she had assumed.

“He’s my man! So impressive!” Natasha’s lips curled into a dazzling smile. Her lovely eyes were filled with affection. Curiosity grew in her–she started wondering about Dustin’s real identity.

Chapter 243

In the ring. Dustin stood tall with hands behind his back, exuding an imposing and majestic air. He no longer hid his talents and shone from the full display of his powers. No one dared to meet his eyes. The fact that he had defeated the King of Kicks with one move made everyone look at him with awe.

“Surprising! The Harmons have an ace under their wings.” Maximus narrowed his eyes, putting on a serious face. Dustin had won his respect through the display of strength. Not even Maximus could easily beat the King of Kicks with bare hands.

“Weakling!” Dustin dusted and straightened his sleeve. Then, he coolly announced, “Next?”

The Boulderthorn disciples exchanged furtive glances. They knew they weren’t Dustin’s match, especially after he had defeated the King of Kicks.

“Max, what do we do? That punk is wild!” Feeling aggrieved, Brody clenched his jaws.

“Looks like I’ll have to go.” Maximus stood up slowly, his eyes shining with excitement. He had shown up to the battle as the ace and wasn’t originally planning to fight. In his eyes, the battle was child’s play and offered. no challenge. However, Dustin’s presence shocked him and introduced some excitement. Maximus was not in the martial arts practice for fame or wealth: he was in search of excellence in swordsmanship. Every time he crossed paths with an ace, he would be combative.

“Max, he’s quite strong. Are you confident in beating him?” Brody questioned cautiously.

“I am not his match if we fight bare–handed, but I have full confidence if I fight him with a sword,” Maximus remarked mildly.

“Great! Max, give it your all! He’s just trouble. We should get rid of him as soon as possible!” Brody sniggered with malice. Maximus was one of the rare talents in the art of swordsmanship, ranking sixth on The Hundred Immortals before reaching thirty years of age. He was levels above the King of Kicks and especially invincible when fighting with a sword.

Once, Brody’s father predicted that Maximus would achieve divinity within three years. By that time, Maximus would already make it to The Heavenly Immortals.

“What’s up? Is there no one else from Boulderthorn?” Dustin scanned the space with a sharp glare.

“I’ll go!” Maximus leaped into the air, and when he was close to landing, he tapped the tip of his feet on the shoulder of a spectator before bouncing back up in the air with extreme nimbleness. His movements were fairy -like, making the group of women in the guild squeal in admiration, their eyes sparkling in awe.

“Wow! He’s so cool!”

“A young man who looks great in white–he’s my type!”

Not only was Maximus blessed with good looks and gentlemanly, but he also pulled off a spectacular entrance, giving off the impression of a young knight.

“Who are you?” Dustin scanned him from head to toe.

“I’m Maximus Kane, one of Boulderthorn’s disciples. I’m here for the experience.” Maximus bowed at him politely. His self–introduction caused a commotion within the guild.

“Maximus Kane? Isn’t he ranked sixth on The Hundred Immortals?”

“That’s right! He’s the famous ‘Lightning Blade‘ in Balerno. I had the honor of witnessing him in action!”

“Oh, fuck! It’s Maximus ‘Lightning Blade‘ Kane! I heard that his sword moved as fast as lightning. He’s never lost a battle ever since he gained his fame. This is going to be fun!”

The crowd discussed Maximus with great interest, for Maximus was an ace ranked sixth on The Hundred Immortals, much stronger than the King of Kicks, who ranked ninth.

The gap in their rankings was huge, even though they were three places apart. It was hard to climb up in the ranking once a martial artist entered the top ten. The top five names in the ranking barely changed–they practically maintained the same ranking all year round.

“Ah, finally, a normal opponent.” Dustin looked amused and gestured, “Please.”

"Just a minute. Maximus said with seriousness. “I’m good at swordsmanship. Shall we change the battle into an armed fight?”

“Hey! You can’t change the rules as you wish! We disagree with that!” Ruth instantly protested unhappily at the suggestion. Any sane person knew that a bare–handed fight was totally different than fighting with weapons. An average man armed with a weapon could beat a group of opponents, not to mention that the person in question was Maximus “Lightning Blade” Kane.

“Why? Are you afraid that he’d lose to Max?” Brody jeered at her. “If you’re scared, just admit defeat right now! Stop wasting our time!”

“We’re not! You guys are the ones who break the martial arts code! Ruth argued the facts.

“Nonsense! We never banned weapons from battles. Why don’t you get Rhys to use a weapon too?‘ Brody laughed frostily.

“You-” Ruth choked in anger.

“Sure! Use a weapon if you’d like. It doesn’t make a difference.” Dustin was unconcerned and agreed to the change without fuss. A frustrated Ruth felt that his remarks went against all her effort to fight in his interest.

“Many thanks.” Maximus bowed again and drew his sword out of the sheath from the back. He even introduced it. “My sword is three feet and six inches long. It is made from deep iron and has been my companion for five years. It is so solid that it penetrates almost everything!”

“Come at me.” Dustin waved.

“Where’s your weapon?” Maximus raised an eyebrow quizzically.

“My bare hands are my weapons.” Dustin answered.

“Are you sure?” Maximus narrowed his eyes, thinking that his opponent was capable but overconfident. Dustin would be humiliated if he wanted to block the sword attack with bare hands.

“Of course. I’ll give it to you if you manage to injure me.” Dustin waved at him once more. “Come on!”

“Okay! Be my guest!” Without further ado, Maximus propelled himself forward with the unsheathed sword in hand. When he got closer to Dustin, he plunged his sword at the opponent, creating glimmers of metallic reflection and stirring gusts of wind in the quild.

“Great move!”

Most of the martial artists exclaimed in astonishment, Maximus sword moved fast and was unusually sharp. It was hard to tell the sword from its shadows, hence it was hard to defend oneself. Even skillful martial artists at the same level dared not fight bare–harded against the sword. However, Dustin stood in the same spot and appeared as though he hadn’t noticed the attack.

“That rascal is bold! Why isn’t he dodging Maximus sword attack?”

‘Did he think he’s invincible after beating the King of Kicks? He has no idea how powerful Maximus is!”

“Right! There is a huge gap in capability between each member of the top ten of The Hundred Immortals! Looking down on Maximus is the same as digging your own grave!”

Amid the murmurs, everyone heard a soft clunking sound as Maximus‘ sword came to a halt. The sharp blade came to a stop an inch before Dustin’s throat, unable to move. When the crowd took a second look, their faces turned white because they realized that Dustin had caught the sword between his two fingers.

Chapter 244

“Hmm?” Maximus’s pupils dilated. He didn’t expect Dustin to grab his sword with bare fingers. It appeared that he had underestimated Dustin’s sheer talent and confidence. Still, he was unflustered by the strength of his opponent. Quite the opposite–the stronger the opponent, the more excited he felt. He was getting more belligerent as a result.

“Return!” With the wave of a hand, Maximus called his sword back from Dustin’s fingers. The sword came flying back like a serpent.

“Oh?” Dustin was rather surprised by the move. Although he had reined in his capabilities to match his opponent at the earthly level, he acknowledged Maximus‘ talent from how Maximus managed to free the weapon from his grip.

“Look out! I’ll show you my Illusory Sword Technique!” Maximus dropped a reminder before waving his sword again. In one move, his sword split into hundreds and thousands of different swords. The gleaming blades danced around, weaving a confusing web of swords within ten meters around them. The mind–boggling amount of swords made it hard to discern the actual sword from the illusory ones.

“Wow! It is the Illusory Sword Technique! Looks like Maximus Kane is getting serious!”

“I heard that no one could fight off the Illusory Sword Technique. That punk is going to lose!”

“Kill! Kill! kill him!”

There was an uproar among the audience. Some were shocked, some were concerned, and some were merely adding insult to injury. Soon, Dustin vanished in the midst of the illusory swords in front of their eyes. He and Maximus were nowhere to be seen, leaving only the blinding shine of blades dancing in the ring. The audience glued their eyes to the match and struggled to figure out which of them was making the moves. Even so, they couldn’t take their eyes off the climactic fight for fear of missing out on the highlights.

Dustin, the black horse, had garnered all the attention that night by fighting alone against Mr. Williams‘ lineup. Earlier, he took down two masters in the top ten of The Hundred Immortals. Even if he lost the fight against Maximus, he still won himself the right to feel proud of his accomplishments.

Three minutes later, the audience heard the clanking of metal as the web of illusory swords suddenly vanished. A figure, who seemed to have taken a bad blow, stumbled speedily toward the edge of the ring where he finally managed to steady himself.

Everyone focused on the figure and realized that it was Maximus! As for Dustin, he stood in the middle of the ring without moving, remaining in the same position as before.

“What happened? Who won?” The audience exchanged glances in confusion. Dustin and Maximus looked unharmed, but one appeared poised while the other looked grim.

“Sir, you are indeed talented, I’ll give you that. I concede defeat.” After a long silence, Maximus finally opened his mouth.

“He conceded?” The audience gasped. What was going on? The two of them stood there uninjured. No one had the upper hand yet, but why did Maximus concede defeat? Could he have been bought off by the Harmons, just like the King of Kicks?

“Max, what is that nonsense? Us Boulderthorn guild men never concede defeat! Murder that punk!” Brody stood up and bellowed after recovering from the initial shock.

“Shut up!” Maximus scoffed. “You have to admit defeat when you know it. There’s no shame in admitting you’re not as good as your opponent!”

The audience might not be able to tell, but he was well aware of the truth.

Chapter 245

Maximus witnessed how Dustin handled the Illusory Sword Technique with ease. Even if he maxed up his powers and executed the complete set of moves in the technique, he still failed to harm a hair on Dustin’s head, not to mention that Dustin had only fended off the attacks with one hand. To Maximus, these were proof that Dustin was greatly ahead of him in terms of capability.

“You have indeed mastered the illusory Sword Technique, but unfortunately, there are three flaws. Dustin suggested mildly. He accorded Maximus respect due to the latter’s humbleness. Else, he would have sent him flying out of the ring.

“What are the three flaws?” Maximus furrowed his brow.

“The third move, the ninth move, and the twenty–sixth move.” Dustin deliberately offered a reminder. “The flaws you exhibited in the three moves were extremely subtle. They will go unnoticeable in the eyes of an average martial artist, but they will also put you at a huge disadvantage when you are fighting the real masters.”

“Impossible! I have been practicing the technique forever. How could there be fatal flaws?” Maximus was in disbelief.

“Sure, you have spent a lot of time on the practice, but it is also true that you exhibit those flaws. If my guess is right, your mentor did not teach you everything–he hid part of the three moves from you. Plus, the three moves are extremely crucial and damaging. The mentor must have wanted to put you in harm’s way. Why else would anyone do that? You’d better look out.” Dustin lowered his voice into a whisper that was only audible to both of them.

The revelation was a huge blow for Maximus. “That’s nonsense! My mentor sees me as his son. He’d never put me in danger!”

“I’m not going to say more. Believe me or not, it’s all up to you.” Dustin shrugged and sank into silence. The only reason he gave Maximus the advice was because he saw potential in the guy. Whether Maximus trusted his word and whether the man lived or died, Dustin would not be affected in any way.

“We lost the battle today. Hence, we shall not bring up the topic of Immortunol. Farewell!” Maximus nodded at Dustin and left the ring in strides.

“He won! The Harmons won again!” Ruth squealed in delight at the sight. Who else would beat Dustin when even Maximus, ranked sixth on The Hundred Immortals, admitted deleat?

“You punk! We shall see! This is not the end!” After shooting a death glare at Dustin, Brody fled the scene with his group of men, looking demotivated. He thought that their plan was perfect, only to be ruined by a formidable opponent out of the blue. Talk about bad luck!

“Otto, have we gotten ourselves into trouble? The young men and ladies, who had previously mocked Dustin, trembled at the sight of the victorious man in the ring.

“Fuck! He’s a monster. Let’s leave now!” Otto was covered in a cold sweat and fled the scene immediately. He would be easily crushed by Dustin, Judging from how the man had defeated the King of Kicks and Maximus ” Lightning Blade” Kane.

“Young man, congratulations on the win. I am the leader of Humming hill. I wonder if you’d be interested in joining us as a consultant? Our pay and benefits are among the best! Right after Dustin exited the ring, a group of martial artists circled him to poach the talent.

“Humminghill? That’s a really tiny guild. Better not stunt the growth of our handsome dude here. Well, in my opinion, you should join us at the Valley of Joy! We have hot chicks around, and we offer a wealth of resources. I guarantee you’ll be on cloud nine after joining us!”

“Young man, I am the Falcon King of Glenstead and have a good–locking and well–educated granddaughter. If you’re willing. I will offer you her hand in marriage —”

Dustin was speechless by the greedy expressions on their faces. His excellent performance in beating the King of Kicks and Maximus “Lightning Blade” Kane had attracted a high level of attention. He made a mental note to keep a low profile moving forward,

“Get out of my way. At that moment. Natasha squeezed her way through the crowd with her people. Then, she took Dustin by the arm and publicly declared their relationship, “First of all, I’d like to introduce him as my husband. You’d better give up if you’re trying to matchmake!” Not only that, she kissed Dustin on the cheek as a reward, causing him to turn red in the face. Her action was embarrassing and rather improper in front of the crowd.

“Darling, let’s go!” She ignored the eyes on them and left the guild with Dustin in tow, looking gleeful, proud, and boastful.

The battle, which was full of twists and turns, ended with a victory for the Harmon family. From that moment, a new talent rose in Balerno’s martial arts scene. After beating Maximus. Dustin naturally assumed his opponent’s ranking, and he was subsequently ranked sixth on The Hundred Immortals, which was a brilliant feat for a newcomer.

Chapter 246

After the battle concluded, Dustin, Natasha, and some members of the Harmon family had supper together. It was midnight when he returned to the medical center, which was still brightly lit. He entered the center and immediately saw the stunning Dahlia Nicholson, who was merrily chatting away with Caitlyn Lawler. At that moment, she appeared more easygoing than how she usually presented herself–icy.

“Mr. Rhys, you’re back. Seeing Dustin, Caitlyn stood up and greeted him. “Have a chat with Ms. Nicholson. I’ll serve supper.”

“It’s okay. I had supper before I came home.” He smiled and turned his attention to Dahlia. “Why are you here?”

“I’m here to thank you.” She flashed him a rare smile. “If you hadn’t saved me yesterday, I would have been screwed. Never in my life would I have thought that Matt Laney was a phony bastard.”

“You’re most welcome. I’d offer the same help to anyone in that situation,” he replied unemotionally.

“Why? Are you still upset?” Her tone softened. “My mom was a little rash. There was a misunderstanding. I’ll apologize to you on her behalf. We’re sorry.”

Dustin was rather surprised by her action. In his recollection, Dahlia was never one to back down. It was unusual of her to offer an apology. Still, the apology arrived too late.

“There’s no need to apologize. After all, this is not the first time I’m misunderstood. It doesn’t matter to me.” He shrugged, looking unbothered.

“Dustin, I know you were treated unfairly and went through hard times. I promise that I’ll never treat you badly again,” she declared with a serious face.

“What was that? That was out of the blue.” He stared at her funny.

She took a deep breath and mustered up her courage to say. “Come home with me. Alright?”

His body froze at the simple suggestion, and complicated emotions clouded his eyes. Had Dahlia asked him earlier, he would have agreed to her suggestion without hesitation. Alas, after experiencing a series of challenging events, he was bone–tired, scared of being hurt, and had moved on.

Although he still had feelings for her, he refused to experience the past anymore. His life in the past was one of silent suffering.

“I know you’re in a difficult position. You don’t have to give me an answer now.” Dahlia merely beamed at him. “I have thought it through. From now on, I will take back what’s mine! Even if I have to fight against Natasha Harmon, I will never back down! You know me well. I never give up until I get what I want!”

He was taken aback by the serious expression on her face. “Did you drink tonight?”

Dahlia was known to be distant and haughty, never sparing anyone a display of friendliness. It was hard to believe she’d make that remark with a belligerent attitude. What had gotten into her?

“I’m not drunk. In fact, I’m very sober. When you’re free, relay my message to Natasha–let’s compete fairly. and we shall see who’s the winner!”

With that, she stood on tiptoe and gave him a sudden peck on the lips. She coolly marched out of the medical center, but her flushed face betrayed her emotions.

“Uh…” Dustin was frozen on the spot as he tasted her sweetness on his lips. Was he ambushed just now?

Since when did Dahlia learn to flirt? He wondered if women were all fickle–minded.

“Mr. Rhys, if it’s inconvenient for you to relay that message to Ms. Harmon, I can help.” Caitlyn, blushing in embarrassment, twiddled with the hem of her top. After all that was a scene only found in TV shows.

“What nonsense? Go to bed!” He glared at her, to which she responded by sticking out her tongue. She ran into the guest room but soon poked her head out and questioned timidly. “Mr. Rhys, which one of them do you love?

“You little rascal! Why do you keep running your mouth?” Dustin grabbed a duster and acted as though he
wanted to give her a good whopping, and she quickly disappeared into the room out of fear.

After a quiet night, Dustin woke up early the next morning, stirred by the memory of the kiss from the day before. He had tossed and turned in bed, feeling disturbed by it.

“Oh, Dahlia, why did you show up from nowhere just to mess with me?” he wondered.

Chapter 247

Dustin decided that Dahlia must have had nothing better to do. He tossed his head, washed up, and opened the door to the medical center as usual.

As the door grated and groaned, a blood–soaked figure suddenly collapsed on the floor of the room. The injured man was dressed in white, which was drenched in blood. He carried a broken sword on his back and appeared to have fainted for some time.

Dustin approached the man to check him out, only to realize that it was Maximus Kane!

“I did not recall hurting him yesterday. Or did I?” Dustin rubbed his chin in confusion. Although Maximus, ranked sixth on The Hundred Immortals, was not exactly the cream of the crop, he was still one of the best in tiny Swinton. How did he get himself beaten up this badly?

“Consider yourself lucky.” Dustin mumbled and lifted Maximus into the medical center. After all, he couldn’t turn a blind eye to a dying man at the entrance of the medical center.

Maximus suffered from multiple external injuries, but those were simple wounds that could be treated with some bandages. However, he suffered huge damage to his nerves, including the energy in his core. Whoever did this to him wanted to cripple him for good. Thankfully, years of extensive martial arts practice resulted in a solid foundation that protected Maximus from being completely crippled by the attack. With Dustin’s medical skills, he was confident to heal Maximus within a few weeks.

First, Dustin gave Maximus an injection, followed by feeding the patient some medicine. About half an hour later, Maximus finally regained consciousness as he slowly opened his eyes.

“Hey, you’re awake. How do you feel?” Dustin casually asked him.

“Did you save me?” Maximus was a little taken aback. Last night, he sustained severe injuries and found a medical center on the street in between consciousness. Before he had a chance to knock on the door, he blacked out at the entrance.

“Who else? Do you see anyone around?” Dustin was a tad speechless at the thoughtless question.

“Thank you.” Maximus struggled to get up and bow.

Dustin forced him back onto the bed and chided him, “That’s enough. Stop moving around when you’re badly injured.”

“He’s on the brink of death, yet he is hung up on manners. What’s wrong with this dude?” Dustin wondered.

“You’re not bad at martial arts. So, how did you end up getting beaten up?” Dustin asked. Maximus clenched his teeth as he struggled to open up. “It’s fine. Don’t tell me if you don’t feel like it. I’m not that curious either.”

Dustin waved at him dismissively and proceeded to leave.

“Wait …” Maximus took a deep breath and finally confessed, “What you said yesterday was right. I had three fatal flaws in my Illusory Sword Technique.”

“Oh, really? Did you meet a worthy opponent that fast?” Dustin was quite surprised to learn that his prediction came true after he dropped a casual mention of the flawed moves during the battle.

“It wasn’t just any stranger It was my mentor, Luther Williams! Maximus gritted his teeth, his face clouded by a grim expression.

“Your mentor?” Dustin was astounded. “Why did he hurt you for no good reason?”

“That’s because … I caught him having an affair with my female mentee!” Maximus said, filled with resentment. “I went home after the defeat, thinking to question Luther Williams about the flaws in the technique he taught me, but instead, I caught him going at it with my young female mentee in the bedroom!”

Maximus continued, “So, I kicked the door open out of anger and confronted him loudly. He was probably humiliated and provoked, and he fought me with his sword, slashing me twice. I had no choice but to fight him with my sword. Silly me. I thought that, given my expertise in swordsmanship, I could at least fend off his attacks even if I couldn’t win.”

Then, he hissed, “I realized how naive I was when we started fighting. It wasn’t practice or strength that I lacked he took advantage of my flawed moves! The third, ninth, and twenty–sixth moves. Whenever I put these moves into action, Luther was able to spot my flaws and destroy me. It was at that moment I found out that Luther, the mentor I was so proud of, had set me up from the very beginning! I am nothing but a tool to him; he has never treated me from the heart. When I am upset at him, he’ll exploit my flawed moves to kill me off and save himself from trouble!”

Maximus‘ eyes reddened and brimmed with tears. He had always regarded his mentor as a father figure. Who would have thought that the kind and generous old man was nothing but a hypocrite?

“Well what can I say, except that you have a scoundrel of a mentor?” Dustin shook his head sympathetically. Maximus‘ situation was commonplace in the martial arts world. History was full of cases where disciples and. mentors of the same guild tore each other apart. The human heart is the most deceitful of all things.

“I’m fine with being taken advantage of. He could have sent me on a dangerous mission, and I would have taken on the task without complaining. But why? Why did he have to sully my female mentee? She’s my fiancée!” Maximus bellowed and smashed a hole in the wall out of rage.

Dustin gaped at the confession. He opened his mouth a few times but was unable to speak.