The Dragon Man's Decree - Translated by GILY

Author: Unknown
Type: Action and Adventure
Posted : 07 October 2023

Synopsis
John White is furious that someone has tried to make an advance on his girlfriend. In the end, he ends up behind bars after his attempt to protect her. Three years later, he is a free man but finds out that that girlfriend of his has married the man who hit on her back then. John will not let things slide. Thankfully, he has learned Focus Technique during his time in prison. At that, he embarks on the journey of cultivation and is accompanied by a gorgeous Miranda. Who would have thought this would enrage his ex-girlfriend?
20151117173447-prision-jail-man-inmate-under-arrest.jpeg

Chapter 3931 Divine Intervention

“What’s going on? Why has the pressure suddenly disappeared?”

“It’s also not hot anymore. So relaxing.”

“Has the assessment become invalid?”

Everyone suddenly felt the oppressive atmosphere lift, and they were all taken aback. Even Carla was taken aback, expressing her disbelief.

“How can this be? Could the test be broken?”

“Carla, regardless, we should seize the opportunity while there’s no pressure and hurry on. Otherwise, we’ll fall too far behind.” John hurriedly urged.

“Right, let’s pick up the pace.” Carla gave a nod.

Once the pressure was gone, everyone’s speed increased remarkably. It didn’t take long before they caught up with Adam’s group.

“Adam, look quickly. How did those guys manage to catch up to us?” Someone spotted John’s group and quickly alerted Adam.

When Adam turned his head, he saw John’s group rapidly closing in. Moreover, the speed of John’s group was impressive and was about to overtake Adam’s group at any moment.

“Damn, what’s going on here?” Adam was also somewhat taken aback.

Just then, John’s group had caught up. Carla, with a smirk, looked at Adam and said, “Why are you so slow, like a tortoise? Weren’t you quite pleased with yourself just a moment ago?”

“Hahaha, just like a turtle.”

“You’re too slow, and yet you boast so much.” The other cultivators also sneered at Adam’s group.

“Carla, you guys are cheating. How come the pressure here seems to have no effect on you?” Adam noticed that John’s group was moving quickly and effortlessly. It was clear that they were not under any pressure at all.

“Bullsh*t. Clearly, this assessment…” Before Carla could finish her sentence, John interjected from the side. John cautioned, “Carla, the test hasn’t been deactivated. Look at Adam’s group. Even though they’re moving quickly, it’s clear that they’re spending a significant amount of spiritual energy.”

Upon careful observation, Carla indeed saw that Adam’s group was flushed, their foreheads glistening with sweat. Although their speed was impressive, it was only due to their immense strength and ability to resist pressure. It wasn’t because the test had failed. The pressure was still there.

Carla was taken aback, thankful that she hadn’t spoken out.

“Adam, you accuse us of cheating just because you can’t beat us. Have you no shame? Earlier, you guys surpass us. Can I accuse you of cheating, then?” Carla rebutted Adam, simultaneously sending a message to everyone, urging them to show signs of distress. Otherwise, if her group traversed too easily, it would arouse suspicion. If an investigation were to be launched, she feared she might lose her qualification for the evaluation.

Upon hearing Carla’s message, everyone gritted their teeth and grimaced, their foreheads slick with sweat. They appeared utterly distressed. However, their pace was anything but slow. Watching everyone’s antics, John couldn’t help but want to laugh. These guys are really good actors.

Everyone seemed to be struggling, but they quickly surpassed Adam’s group. That left Adam quite frustrated.

“Adam, what’s really going on? When did these guys become so formidable?”

“Exactly, the pressure is intensifying, yet they can still move so quickly.”

“I can’t believe what I’m seeing.” Everyone on Adam’s side was confused. Even though they were clearly stronger, Carla’s group was surprisingly faster than them.

“Perhaps the stronger we are, the greater the pressure. Let’s hurry and pursue them.” Adam himself wasn’t quite sure what was going on and could only hazard random guesses. By that point, John’s group was long gone, completely out of sight. There was no way for Adam’s group to catch up.

“Haha, it was satisfying to see the awkward expressions on Adam’s group earlier.”

“If the test isn’t broken, then why aren’t we feeling any pressure?”

“It’s truly peculiar. Could it be divine intervention?” At that moment, everyone remembered. There was nothing wrong with the test, so why couldn’t they feel the pressure anymore? They didn’t know and even speculated that the heavens had lent them a hand.
hahaha John doing the cunning work there 😋

I'm in seclusion immortal dragon brother @Gily . As long as 4000 chapters will be uploaded I will start reading again.

And about the full story? I already said I have to read it in afterlife! As I am afraid I won't survive 50 more years in this mundane world!

BTW what about the neutered Chinese cultivator? Is he still uploading 1/2 chapters everyday? 🤔
When you come back you will see all of us in celestial world, you are left behind the mundane world hah

When you come back you will see all of us in celestial world, you are left behind the mundane world hah
You are wrong buddy , I'm a very fast reader , I will catch you with the speed of light! 😂

And then again go to seclusion!

As a beast cultivator from pervert sector I know how to do it! 🤔

Chapter 3933 Truly Abnormal

Carla shook her head, saying, “The fire spirit beasts lack distinctive characteristics, and its strength is unpredictable. The strength of the fire spirit beast in each assessment is adjusted by the chief examiner, so it’s never consistent. Moreover, the fire spirit beast doesn’t have any fixed features, all to prevent targeted training.”

Upon hearing that, everyone felt a bit disheartened. It seemed they would have to give it their all. Relying on John was of no use anymore.

“Carla, shall we get started?” John suggested.

“Hold on. This fire spirit beast must be slain using a fire source. Other methods won’t work, and using a real weapon is absolutely out of the question,” Carla advised once again.

“Understood.” Everyone nodded in agreement. With a swift extension of their hands, flames danced in their palms. Those flames then transformed into various weapons.

“Kill!” The crowd, brandishing weapons that seemed to morph into flames, charged toward the fire spirit beasts.

“John, your fire source is too weak. These fire spirit beasts vary in strength. Follow behind me. If we encounter a weaker one, I’ll leave it for you to slay.” Carla held John’s hand and shielded him behind her, much like a mother protecting her child.

“Carla, I want to give it a try myself.” After John finished speaking, he ignited a flaming sword in his hand. Then, with a swift leap, he charged toward those fire spirit beasts.

“John!” Seeing the situation, Carla immediately followed. Before she could reach John, she saw that as soon as John arrived, he swung his sword, causing a fire spirit beast to fall to the ground with a mournful cry.

Wherever John’s sword flashed, the fire spirit beasts were all severed in two. John was like a harvester, reaping the lives of the fire spirit beasts. Everyone who witnessed that scene was utterly astounded. After all, at the outset, everyone assumed John was just another rich kid who had only been brought into the Violet Flame Sect by Dario due to nepotism. However, it seemed that John was quite powerful too.

“Carla, isn’t this junior just a rich kid? How is he so impressive?”

“Could it be that he encountered the weakest fire spirit beast?” Everyone turned to Carla and asked different questions.

“Stop spouting nonsense. Who said that rich kids can’t also be competent? John, for instance, is both affluent and capable.” Carla watched John display his impressive skills, her eyes filled with nothing but admiration. John is wealthy, handsome, and incredibly capable. If we can perform dual cultivation, that’d be delightful… Carla was utterly captivated by the sight of John, so much so that she was practically drooling in her infatuation.

The other disciples couldn’t help but burst into laughter when they saw Carla’s expression.

“What are you laughing at? Get moving already. Choose the weaker fire spirit beasts to slay. Once Adam’s group arrives, there’ll be nothing left for us.” Carla glared at everyone and spoke. Only then did everyone react, and they all began to take action.

At that moment, Adam’s group finally arrived, only to find John’s group already in the midst of slaying the fire spirit beasts. The ground was littered with the bodies of the fallen beasts. Upon seeing that, Adam was filled with rage.

“These guys are so fast and took down the fire spirit beast with such ferocity. They definitely weren’t affected by the pressure,” Adam said in anger.

“Adam, these guys are really something else, each one of them so fierce, especially that newcomer. He’s already slain so many fire spirit beasts.” Someone pointed at John.

Adam glanced at John and noticed that John had already slain dozens of fire spirit beasts. The latter was on the brink of passing the test.

“Let’s get moving too. We shouldn’t mingle with them. Let’s go somewhere else.” Adam leaped into action, leaving John’s group behind as they were engaged in slaying the fire spirit beast. He moved to another area to start his own battle.

Upon seeing Adam’s group distancing themselves to slay the fire spirit beasts, John initially thought that those fellows went elsewhere because most of the weaker fire spirit beasts in the area had already been nearly wiped out.

Chapter 3934 Follow Them

Carla’s group thought the same way, so they didn’t pay much attention to Adam’s movement. Someone, puzzled, questioned Adam, “Adam, why are we hiding from these guys? We could also charge in and slay the fire spirit beast, even trip them up a bit.”

Adam glared and said, “You fool. The power of the fire spirit beasts is all controlled by Titus. Once we split up, Titus can weaken our fire spirit beast’s power and strengthen theirs. If you can’t even understand this, I suggest you might as well go back.” Upon hearing those words, everyone else immediately burst into laughter. It seemed they had the privilege of getting the easy way out.

“Carla, when Adam’s group saw us, they were so scared they scurried off to the side.”

“Exactly. They must have felt they couldn’t match up to us and were afraid of being embarrassed.”

“Hahaha, I never thought they’d see this day.”

Upon seeing Adam’s group move off to one side, all the cultivators from Gael’s faction began to tease and jest among themselves. However, Carla’s brows furrowed slightly as if she had a bad premonition.

“Enough talking. Quickly slay the fire spirit beasts and pass this challenge.”

“Roger!” the group of cultivators responded. However, when those people began to engage with the fire spirit beasts, they soon realized that the creatures, which seemed so easily defeated moments ago, had become significantly more formidable.

“What’s going on? How did the fire spirit beast suddenly become so powerful?”

“Exactly. It was quite easy just a moment ago.” Everyone voiced their confusion one after another.

John could also sense the fire spirit beasts had suddenly become more powerful. That slight increase in strength meant nothing to John, but for other cultivators, it was not so simple. After quite a while, the group couldn’t manage to slay even a single fire spirit beast. Instead, they found themselves in a rather embarrassing predicament, thanks to the beasts.

Adam’s group were effortlessly slaying the fire spirit beasts. When they saw Carla’s group struggling and in complete disarray due to the fire spirit beasts, everyone in Adam’s team couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

“Carla, the difficulty of the fire spirit beasts has increased. For now, we should join up with Adam’s group. Wherever they go, we follow. The fire spirit beasts on their side must have been a piece of cake to kill.” Right off the bat, John pinpointed the problem.

Adam led his group to the other side, not out of fear, but rather deliberately separating themselves. His intention was to cause trouble. Upon glancing at Adam’s group, Carla noticed how effortlessly they seemed to be slaying the fiery beasts.

“D*mn it, I’m sure that Titus is behind this. To think, as the main examiner, he actually dared to show favoritism.” Carla cursed under her breath, then led her men toward Adam’s group.. Regardless, the task was to slay the fire spirit beasts. As long as one could slay a hundred of them, that was all that mattered. It didn’t matter where the killing took place.

When Adam saw Carla approaching with others, his initial instinct was to put some distance between himself and Carla’s group. However, wherever they went, Carla would always follow them with her people.

“Carla, have you no shame? Why is it that wherever we go, you always have people following?” Adam was panicking and raised his voice in reprimand toward Carla.

“Adam, it’s you guys who have no shame, including that Titus. Don’t think we won’t catch him playing favorites and bending the rules. In any case, all I need to do to pass this test is to slay a hundred fire spirit beasts. It doesn’t matter where I do it.”

After Carla finished speaking, she then loudly commanded, “Juniors, swiftly slay the fire spirit beasts and pass this trial.” Everyone began to engage in a reckless slaughter.

Adam could only seethe in anger, utterly helpless. John was quietly observing from the side, for he had already slain a hundred fire spirit beasts. As the time limit for that test ended, John’s group had all successfully completed their test, slaying a hundred fire spirit beasts. Surprisingly, a few individuals in the group led by Adam failed to complete the assessment.

Chapter 3935 Sneaking Around

“Ah, I’ve slain ninety-nine! I’m just short of one more…” A cultivator roared in frustration, but a beam of light ultimately transported him out of the assessment field.

Upon seeing that John’s group had all passed, Adam scowled.

“We all may have passed this stage, but special attention must be paid to the next one, which is the ultimate test of your fire source,” Carla addressed the crowd. She was also saying that for John because his fire source was too weak. Hence, the next stage was crucial to him.

Accompanied by a vast beam of light descending, John’s group slowly found themselves enveloped by the radiance. Then, everything before their eyes turned pitch black. When John opened his eyes again, he found himself surrounded by a vast expanse of white, unable to see anything. Even his spiritual sense couldn’t penetrate through it.

At that moment, John felt as though he was in a confined space. John tried to navigate through the vast expanse of white, but he found that he couldn’t escape. Suddenly, Carla’s voice reached him.

“John, don’t be afraid. You just need to harness the fire source within you and withstand the test for a moment. Rest assured, there’s no threat to your life. If you really can’t hold on any longer, you can call it quits.”

“Understood, Carla.” John nodded, then quietly took a seat, silently awaiting the arrival of the test. Quickly, waves of heat rolled in, and John felt as if he was completely engulfed in flames. John could sense the intense flames burning around him. Even though he couldn’t see them, he could definitely feel them. Hence, everyone was using their inner fire source to resist that wave of heat.

The fire source raging within oneself made it impossible for the surrounding heat wave to penetrate one’s body. John was sitting quietly, unaffected. The heat wave of such low power couldn’t possibly bother him, so he didn’t even need to use a fire source.

After sitting for a while, John began to feel a touch of boredom creeping in. Unexpectedly, he started to embrace the heat wave willingly, curious to discover what kind of flame that heat could produce.

As John absorbed the heat waves, he was astounded to discover that those surges of warmth were actually emanating from the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect. Feeling that aura, a sudden joy surged within John’s heart. That was the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect, something John had never seen before. If he could absorb and refine that fire source, making it his own, he could add another fire source to his arsenal.

Upon having that thought, John began to absorb the heat waves, his spiritual sense expanding outward in tandem with the relentless surge of heat. John had to locate the position of the fire source before he could attempt to refine and absorb it. All around was a vast expanse of white, effectively obstructing his spiritual sense. However, John ingeniously utilized the heat wave to extend his spiritual sense outward.

As John’s spiritual sense expanded, he realized that, at that moment, everyone was situated within a vast space. The distance between each person was not far, but they were all enveloped by a formation. Among them, a ball of fire source continually danced and leapt. It was clear the rolling heat wave was emanating from that ball of fire source.

Just as John was preparing to examine the fire source, suddenly, a figure was stealthily approaching it. John saw that the figure was unexpectedly Adam. John was taken aback. He couldn’t comprehend how during the assessment, someone could actually leave their designated spot. After all, no matter where John went, he was never able to leave his own area. Yet, Adam manage to leave his own area.

John used his spiritual sense to examine Adam. He wanted to see what exactly the latter was up to. Adam was seen holding an object wrapped in red cloth. Upon unveiling, it was a bronze mirror intricately etched with many array runes. Adam was using that bronze mirror to traverse within that region effortlessly

Chapter 3935 Sneaking Around

“Ah, I’ve slain ninety-nine! I’m just short of one more…” A cultivator roared in frustration, but a beam of light ultimately transported him out of the assessment field.

Upon seeing that John’s group had all passed, Adam scowled.

“We all may have passed this stage, but special attention must be paid to the next one, which is the ultimate test of your fire source,” Carla addressed the crowd. She was also saying that for John because his fire source was too weak. Hence, the next stage was crucial to him.

Accompanied by a vast beam of light descending, John’s group slowly found themselves enveloped by the radiance. Then, everything before their eyes turned pitch black. When John opened his eyes again, he found himself surrounded by a vast expanse of white, unable to see anything. Even his spiritual sense couldn’t penetrate through it.

At that moment, John felt as though he was in a confined space. John tried to navigate through the vast expanse of white, but he found that he couldn’t escape. Suddenly, Carla’s voice reached him.

“John, don’t be afraid. You just need to harness the fire source within you and withstand the test for a moment. Rest assured, there’s no threat to your life. If you really can’t hold on any longer, you can call it quits.”

“Understood, Carla.” John nodded, then quietly took a seat, silently awaiting the arrival of the test. Quickly, waves of heat rolled in, and John felt as if he was completely engulfed in flames. John could sense the intense flames burning around him. Even though he couldn’t see them, he could definitely feel them. Hence, everyone was using their inner fire source to resist that wave of heat.

The fire source raging within oneself made it impossible for the surrounding heat wave to penetrate one’s body. John was sitting quietly, unaffected. The heat wave of such low power couldn’t possibly bother him, so he didn’t even need to use a fire source.

After sitting for a while, John began to feel a touch of boredom creeping in. Unexpectedly, he started to embrace the heat wave willingly, curious to discover what kind of flame that heat could produce.

As John absorbed the heat waves, he was astounded to discover that those surges of warmth were actually emanating from the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect. Feeling that aura, a sudden joy surged within John’s heart. That was the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect, something John had never seen before. If he could absorb and refine that fire source, making it his own, he could add another fire source to his arsenal.

Upon having that thought, John began to absorb the heat waves, his spiritual sense expanding outward in tandem with the relentless surge of heat. John had to locate the position of the fire source before he could attempt to refine and absorb it. All around was a vast expanse of white, effectively obstructing his spiritual sense. However, John ingeniously utilized the heat wave to extend his spiritual sense outward.

As John’s spiritual sense expanded, he realized that, at that moment, everyone was situated within a vast space. The distance between each person was not far, but they were all enveloped by a formation. Among them, a ball of fire source continually danced and leapt. It was clear the rolling heat wave was emanating from that ball of fire source.

Just as John was preparing to examine the fire source, suddenly, a figure was stealthily approaching it. John saw that the figure was unexpectedly Adam. John was taken aback. He couldn’t comprehend how during the assessment, someone could actually leave their designated spot. After all, no matter where John went, he was never able to leave his own area. Yet, Adam manage to leave his own area.

John used his spiritual sense to examine Adam. He wanted to see what exactly the latter was up to. Adam was seen holding an object wrapped in red cloth. Upon unveiling, it was a bronze mirror intricately etched with many array runes. Adam was using that bronze mirror to traverse within that region effortlessly
Bunch of idiots trying to go against the Golden Dragon. He'll deal with you all...

Chapter 3936 The Heist

Upon reaching the edge of the fire source, Adam halted and smirked. “You all are still too green to compete with us. Titus has been prepared for this long ago.” Adam smirked smugly.

As Adam gently aimed the bronze mirror toward the fire source, it quickly intensified, burning even more fiercely. Waves of scorching heat relentlessly swept toward John’s group. John seemed indifferent, but it was clear that the other cultivators were struggling to resist.

“Just quietly brace yourselves for defeat.” After succeeding, Adam carefully wrapped the bronze mirror again and tucked it into his pocket, slowly retreating back. The waves of intense heat continued to escalate, yet it seemed as if Adam’s group were entirely unaffected.

“Ah! I’m backing out!” Finally, a cultivator could no longer bear it and began to scream in agony. Accompanied by a flash of light, the cultivator was transported away.

Upon seeing the situation, John quickly unleashed his extremus frost flame, enveloping the entire area his group was in. The extremus frost flame was also a type of internal flame, so it wouldn’t have been rejected during the evaluation. The extremus frost flame, however, emitted an intense frost energy.

At that moment, Carla’s group suddenly felt a chill run through their bodies. Immediately after, the intense wave of heat had completely disappeared. That sensation was incredibly soothing to the group, leaving everyone utterly baffled. However, they couldn’t see or feel anything, so they could only make wild guesses.

While John was assisting everyone in warding off the heat wave, his spiritual sense gradually ventured into the heart of the flame. At the heart of the flame, a ball of deep brown fire source pulsated.

At that moment, if John were to refine and absorb that fire source, the assessment would surely be terminated. Moreover, the Violet Flame Sect would definitely be aware of it. After all, the sudden disappearance of the fire source was a major event that the Violet Flame Sect could not possibly be ignorant of. If there had been more of the fire source there, John could have absorbed a bit of it. However, there was only a small ball of fire source. If John wasn’t careful, he could refine it all. He had come to learn the fire fusion technique. If his attempt to absorb the fire source caused the Violet Flame Sect to doubt his identity, then his loss would outweigh the gain.

However, faced with an unknown fire source, John felt it would be too wasteful if he didn’t refine it. After a moment of contemplation, it seemed as though John had thought of something. Just a moment ago, Adam had used the bronze mirror to cause the fire source to flare up, and the heat wave became much more intense. It seemed that within the bronze mirror, there was a fire source from the Violet Flame Sect. Otherwise, the fire source there wouldn’t have suddenly become so intense.

As long as John could get his hands on that bronze mirror, he could attempt to harness the fire source within it. However, Adam had already returned to his own area, and John was unable to obtain the bronze mirror. After much consideration, John decided to seize the bronze mirror from Adam’s grasp. The entire area was sealed off, and everyone was busy warding off the heat waves. Thus, no one would notice John’s movements.

As for the impenetrable formation, John found it quite easy to decipher. John’s hand was seen glowing, gently sweeping over the vast white expanse before him. Swiftly, this sweeping motion shaped the white expanse into a corridor.

John strolled out leisurely, gradually making his way to the fire source. John was continuously drawing closer to the area where Adam’s group was. If John directly entered Adam’s territory and forcibly seized the bronze mirror, it would certainly cause fluctuations in the assessment array. Moreover, Adam would definitely be able to detect it. Thus, his only option was to devise a plan to lure Adam out.

As long as Adam left his area, John could ensnare him with an illusion array. Then, John would have the chance to seize the bronze mirror from Adam’s grasp. Getting Adam to leave his area on his own wasn’t going to be a simple task. After all, he had just left to mess with the assessment fire source. There was no way he could brazenly leave again.

Chapter 3937 Explosion Followed

John gazed at the fire source before him when a sudden idea sparked in his mind. With the fire of the Earth’s core dancing at his fingertips, he gently waved toward a particular area in front of him.

Swiftly, a wave of heat surged forth, heading straight toward Adam’s group. In just a fleeting moment, screams and curses could be heard from not too far ahead.

“Darn it, what the heck is this? It’s way too hot. I’m practically getting roasted.”

“I’m leaving! It’s too hot here!” Among the disciples of Garry’s faction, many chose to withdraw because they couldn’t bear the heat. Adam was also drenched in sweat, his expression turning into confusion.

“What just happened? Did I somehow mess up and draw all that heat wave toward myself?” Adam suspected that he might have made a mistake. After all, in the entire assessment area, he was the only one who could move around freely and manipulate the fire source.

Adam rose, gripping the bronze mirror as he once again went to the fire source. Upon seeing Adam arrive, John smirked. Without missing a beat, he conjured an illusion. Unsuspectingly, Adam stepped into the illusion. The scenery before his eyes didn’t change, yet he couldn’t locate the position of the fire source anymore.

Adam was confused, ceaselessly searching for the fire source. He even took out the bronze mirror, feeling the heat waves emitted by the fire source, hoping to locate its whereabouts through that method.

“Weird. Where did that fire source go?” Adam furrowed his brows, oblivious that he had already fallen into the illusion set up by John and was going in circles. After walking around for a while, Adam still hadn’t found the fire source, which started to make him panic.

“What’s going on? How did I get lost? I can’t find my way back. Could it be that there was a glitch in this assessment?” Adam realized that not only could he not find the fire source, but he couldn’t even find his way back. At that moment, he didn’t suspect he had fallen into an illusion. Rather, he was questioning if there had been a malfunction in the testing grounds.

Out of options, Adam ceased his actions. Instead, he sat down cross-legged, channeling a stream of spiritual energy into the bronze mirror. The many array runes on the bronze mirror shimmered, immediately followed by a flicker of brown flame that leapt out. It seemed he intended to use the fire source within the bronze mirror to locate the fire source of the assessment. There was a connection between fire sources of the same kind. One could utilize that connection to locate the position of the source fire meant for the test.

Just as the fire source began to dance upon the copper mirror, John unleashed a fierce sword energy. In the blink of an eye, he had split the fire source into two. Adam was taken aback. Before he could even react, an immense force of attraction instantly drained away the fire source.

“This…” Adam was utterly bewildered. He had absolutely no clue what had just transpired.

John could clearly see Adam in front of him. However, Adam was utterly oblivious to John, manipulated by the latter like a fool.

The moment John absorbed the fire source into his body, the brown fire source was instantly surrounded by the three types of fire sources within John’s body. The fire source he had just inhaled was still struggling, running rampant within his body. Before the new fire source could escape, it was relentlessly suppressed by John’s three other fire sources.

In the end, it was completely subdued and refined by John. The fire nascence star within John started to shine even brighter.

“The fire source of the Violet Blaze Sect seems somewhat weak, considering I can refine it so easily.” John was at a loss for words. He had assumed it would take some time to refine the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect.

Seeing that he had successfully refined the fire source, John waved his hand and dispelled the illusion. At that moment, Adam, holding the bronze mirror in his hand, was panicking. Originally, he intended to use the fire source within the bronze mirror to locate the fire source in the test area. Suddenly, the fire source within the bronze mirror vanished, and the fire source within the examination area reappeared before Adam’s eyes.

Just as Adam was utterly perplexed, the fire source within the examination area suddenly exploded into a blaze.

Chapter 3938 Such A Fool

The immense force sent Adam flying in an instant. Under the immense wave of enthusiasm, disciples from Garry’s faction were shocked. Many disciples were directly scorched, while some even fainted.

Boom! Following the resounding roar of the fire source, the entire examination site began to tremble instantly. The vast white expanse before everyone’s eyes gradually dissipated, causing the atmosphere within the entire examination area to become increasingly volatile.

Upon seeing the situation, Adam let out a loud roar. “Something’s gone wrong. The fire source blew up!”

At that very moment, Titus, who was presiding outside, was also taken aback. He also sensed that something had gone wrong at the assessment site. In a state of panic, he began manipulating the formation, trying to unlock the assessment area. If anything went wrong during the assessment, and numerous disciples died within, he, as the chief examiner, would undoubtedly be held responsible. Though he had the means to ensure that the disciples from Gael’s faction failed the test, he couldn’t risk letting those people die in the assessment site as that would lead to a major catastrophe.

At worst, it could spark infighting within the Violet Flame Sect, even potentially leading to its downfall. Titus activated the formation, and the assessment area instantly brightened up, causing the vast white region to vanish into thin air.

At that moment, Adam’s face was charred from the fire. Among the disciples he brought, many were injured, with some even fainting from the ordeal.

“John, Carla.” Judd also rushed over in a panic, shouting at John and Carla.

Under such circumstances, he was also afraid that someone might get hurt. John, along with Carla and others, made their appearance.

“Judd.” They all had an air of ease about them. Not a single one of them was injured. Only Adam’s group was in a state of utter disarray, with many of their disciples sustaining injuries. Seeing that John’s group was unharmed, Judd finally let out a sigh of relief. He then turned his attention to Titus and asked, “How on earth could the fire source have suddenly exploded like that?” He thought Titus was up to his tricks again.

“Judd, don’t ask me. I have no idea, either. You don’t think I had something to do with it, do you? I’m telling you, no one would dare to create such a huge commotion. It’s seriously life-threatening.” Titus spoke with a grave expression on his face. What he said was the truth. He didn’t even dare to do such a thing. Judd also believed that Titus didn’t have the guts.

“What’s going on?” Titus turned to Adam and asked.

“I… I really don’t know. All I wanted was to use the fire source within the bronze mirror to find the same fire in the assessment ground, but then…” Adam recounted his experiences in detail to Titus.

Upon hearing that, Titus glowered and harshly slapped Adam across the face. “You fucking dumbass. Who told you to do it like this? All I asked was for you to utilize the fire source within the bronze mirror to intensify the fire aura, making the test unbearable to them. How dare you release the fire source without permission! It’s obvious that when two fire sources collide, they’ll explode!

The testing grounds are strictly regulated to prevent any harm to the disciples under assessment. Even the intensity of the fire source was meticulously calculated. I can’t believe you merged two fire sources together. The formation of this assessment area can’t withstand that!” Titus was livid, unleashing a flurry of punches and kicks at Adam. He couldn’t help but wish he could knock some sense into that idiot.

Adam was aggrieved. He had no idea what had happened. The fire source within the bronze mirror had vanished in an instant, and then after that, an explosion occurred.

Upon seeing the situation, John chuckled secretly. He had stolen the Violet Flame Sect’s fire source, yet the fact remained undiscovered. He was even letting Adam take the fall for it.

At that moment, a stern-faced elder hurriedly approached. “What happened?” Everyone’s expression shifted when they saw the old man.

“Mr. Cunningham, there was a slight issue when the fire source exploded at the assessment site. Thankfully, no disciples were in mortal danger.” Titus hurriedly approached, addressing the elderly man.

Chapter 3938 Such A Fool

The immense force sent Adam flying in an instant. Under the immense wave of enthusiasm, disciples from Garry’s faction were shocked. Many disciples were directly scorched, while some even fainted.

Boom! Following the resounding roar of the fire source, the entire examination site began to tremble instantly. The vast white expanse before everyone’s eyes gradually dissipated, causing the atmosphere within the entire examination area to become increasingly volatile.

Upon seeing the situation, Adam let out a loud roar. “Something’s gone wrong. The fire source blew up!”

At that very moment, Titus, who was presiding outside, was also taken aback. He also sensed that something had gone wrong at the assessment site. In a state of panic, he began manipulating the formation, trying to unlock the assessment area. If anything went wrong during the assessment, and numerous disciples died within, he, as the chief examiner, would undoubtedly be held responsible. Though he had the means to ensure that the disciples from Gael’s faction failed the test, he couldn’t risk letting those people die in the assessment site as that would lead to a major catastrophe.

At worst, it could spark infighting within the Violet Flame Sect, even potentially leading to its downfall. Titus activated the formation, and the assessment area instantly brightened up, causing the vast white region to vanish into thin air.

At that moment, Adam’s face was charred from the fire. Among the disciples he brought, many were injured, with some even fainting from the ordeal.

Under such circumstances, he was also afraid that someone might get hurt. John, along with Carla and others, made their appearance.

“Judd.” They all had an air of ease about them. Not a single one of them was injured. Only Adam’s group was in a state of utter disarray, with many of their disciples sustaining injuries. Seeing that John’s group was unharmed, Judd finally let out a sigh of relief. He then turned his attention to Titus and asked, “How on earth could the fire source have suddenly exploded like that?” He thought Titus was up to his tricks again.

“Judd, don’t ask me. I have no idea, either. You don’t think I had something to do with it, do you? I’m telling you, no one would dare to create such a huge commotion. It’s seriously life-threatening.” Titus spoke with a grave expression on his face. What he said was the truth. He didn’t even dare to do such a thing. Judd also believed that Titus didn’t have the guts.

“I… I really don’t know. All I wanted was to use the fire source within the bronze mirror to find the same fire in the assessment ground, but then…” Adam recounted his experiences in detail to Titus.

Upon hearing that, Titus glowered and harshly slapped Adam across the face. “You fucking dumbass. Who told you to do it like this? All I asked was for you to utilize the fire source within the bronze mirror to intensify the fire aura, making the test unbearable to them. How dare you release the fire source without permission! It’s obvious that when two fire sources collide, they’ll explode!

The testing grounds are strictly regulated to prevent any harm to the disciples under assessment. Even the intensity of the fire source was meticulously calculated. I can’t believe you merged two fire sources together. The formation of this assessment area can’t withstand that!” Titus was livid, unleashing a flurry of punches and kicks at Adam. He couldn’t help but wish he could knock some sense into that idiot.

Adam was aggrieved. He had no idea what had happened. The fire source within the bronze mirror had vanished in an instant, and then after that, an explosion occurred.

Upon seeing the situation, John chuckled secretly. He had stolen the Violet Flame Sect’s fire source, yet the fact remained undiscovered. He was even letting Adam take the fall for it.

At that moment, a stern-faced elder hurriedly approached. “What happened?” Everyone’s expression shifted when they saw the old man.

“Mr. Cunningham, there was a slight issue when the fire source exploded at the assessment site. Thankfully, no disciples were in mortal danger.” Titus hurriedly approached, addressing the elderly man.
John White the Golden Dragon 🤩🤩🤩

Chapter 3939 - 3940 John, do you believe me?

“How could this be? I personally set up this assessment array myself, didn’t I?” The elder, Philip Cunningham, furrowed his brows.

John noticed that Titus seemed quite intimidated by Philip. He then quietly asked, “Judd, is Mr. Cunningham affiliated with Mr. Morillo?”

Judd shook his head and said, “No, Mr. Cunningham doesn’t belong to either faction. In the Violet Flame Sect, only Mr. Cunningham remained neutral. His impartiality is so profound that it intimidates everyone. Mr. Cunningham arranges the entire formation of the Violet Flame Sect. Thus, regardless of who becomes the sect leader, no one dares to offend Mr. Cunningham.”

Upon hearing Judd’s words, John realized Philip was actually a senior array master. After all, in Ethereal Realm, array masters were indeed quite scarce. If a sect had a senior array master, they would be considered a precious asset. No wonder Titus was so terrified.

Philip was seen casually drawing a few array runes, followed by the examination area flickering with a white light.

Quickly, Philip grimaced. “The intensity of the fire source in the examination area suddenly increased, indicating that someone amplified it. Who on earth did this?”

After he finished speaking, his intimidating gaze swept over the faces of everyone present. After all, only those who participated in the assessment could enhance the fire aura. It was something that couldn’t be controlled outside.

Upon hearing Philip’s words, Titus couldn’t help but gulp, his expression becoming somewhat unnatural.

Meanwhile, Adam’s body was subtly trembling. He was merely an outer court disciple, and so he couldn’t possibly bear the consequences. When Philip’s gaze fell upon Adam, Adam was instantly petrified.

Seeing Adam in that state, even a fool would know who was responsible. However, Adam was an outer court disciple, clearly not yet fully mastering the fire source of the Violet Flame Sect. There was no way he could have increased the intensity of the fire source in the examination area.

Philip stared at Adam, his voice icy as he posed his question. “What’s your name?”

“My name… My name is Adam…” Adam, trembling, stuttered out his words.

“Do you know why the fire source exploded?” Philip asked. Adam was taken aback and sneakily stole a glance at Titus. Meanwhile, Titus was desperately trying to signal Adam not to spill the truth.

Upon catching Titus’s signaling gaze, Adam subsequently shook his head and said, “I’m not sure. I haven’t fully grasped my fire source yet, and its fire aura is extremely faint. It’s impossible for me to have increased the intensity of the fire source in the examination area.” Adam straightforwardly admitted that he hadn’t fully mastered his fire source. Philip looked at Adam and knew the latter wasn’t lying.

Adam was still an outer court disciple even at Sixth Level Tribulator precisely because he still couldn’t master the fire source. Adam had only recently developed some fire aura, which was why he partook in the assessment.

“Mr. Cunningham, during the entire assessment, not many were able to harness the fire aura. It’s unlikely that was the cause behind the increase in the intensity of the fire source during the assessment. However, there was someone who had already harnessed a significant amount of fire aura and even mingling among the inner court disciples during the assessment.” After glancing at Carla, an idea suddenly struck Titus. He had the desire to frame Carla.

“Who is it?” Philip frowned.

“Carla, Mr. Mateo’s treasured disciple. She’s the deacon of the assessment, fully capable of swiftly passing the inner court disciple evaluation. Yet, she dawdled, following the pace of those being assessed for internal court discipleship. I bet she’s up to something. For all we know, the sudden explosion during this assessment could be her doing.” Titus pointed at Carla, accusing her. That sequence of events left Carla utterly bewildered. Even Judd was shocked. John’s eyes narrowed slightly in surprise. He hadn’t expected Titus to have such a lack of shame.

“You’re spouting nonsense, accusing me without evidence. I didn’t add anything to the fire source, and I have no idea why it exploded.”

Upon realizing she was being falsely accused, Carla was immediately filled with rage and roared in anger.

“Do you think you’re clean just because you said that? What proof do you have? Out of all the disciples in the assessment, only you have the power to increase the strength of the fire source. If it wasn’t you, then who could it be?” Titus questioned Carla for an answer.

“It was her. I saw her sneaking up to the fire source. Also, during this whole thing, she, a participating examination deacon, didn’t seem to be in a hurry at all. It was clear she was up to no good.”

Upon seeing the situation, Adam also directed his accusations at Carla. At that moment, Carla was at a loss for words and flushed with frustration. Yet, she didn’t know how to retort. She didn’t understand why the fire source suddenly erupted.

In the end, Carla started crying out of sheer injustice, Seeing Carla’s demeanor, Titus and Adam were brimming with satisfaction.

John couldn’t help but shake his head. It’s like that saying. Those who wrong you often know better than you just how unjustly treated you are.

Upon seeing Titus and Adam both blaming Carla, Judd also voiced out his question.

“Carla, did you do this?” After all, among those disciples, only Carla had the capability to pull off something like that. To Judd, it was possible that Carla was scared of losing in the end and sabotaged the assessment, ensuring that a winner couldn’t be determined.

Upon hearing Judd’s question, Carla looked at him with a sense of injustice and said, “You… You think I did it too?”

“Carla, I didn’t mean it that way. I was just asking. If it really wasn’t you, there’s no need to be afraid. I won’t let the sect punish you.” Judd hastily spoke up.

“You jerk! Get lost. I didn’t do it at all,” Carla roared in anger and was truly on the verge of a breakdown. Observing Carla’s breakdown, Judd also grew somewhat fearful.

Philip asked Carla, “If it wasn’t you, then who was it? The array I set up for the evaluation would never malfunction. Who exactly amplified the power of the fire source?”

At that point, Carla was in deep trouble, unable to prove herself innocent. She was utterly clueless about who was responsible, and furthermore, within the entire assessment, she was the only one capable of doing that. Moreover, she was always seen with the inner court disciple examinees, so it wasn’t too big of a leap to assume she must have had an ulterior motive. How do I explain myself? Carla merely wanted to take care of John, but she didn’t know things would turn out that way.

“It wasn’t me. It really wasn’t me! Do I have to die for you all to believe me?” Carla was driven to the brink of insanity and was completely falling apart.

John finally understood why many people who were wronged to the point of despair would commit suicide. It was because they had truly reached their breaking point.

“Die, then! Once you’re dead, we’ll believe you,” said Adam smugly. If Carla committed suicide, then it would be easy to place the blame squarely on her. It would be seen as her taking her own life due to her own wrongdoings.

In a state of utter despair, Carla let out a loud cry, abruptly striking her crown. John, who was standing nearby, was quick to react. He immediately stepped forward and firmly grabbed Carla’s wrist.

“Carla, you weren’t responsible. Why would you contemplate suicide? By doing this, aren’t you just letting the culprit escape without punishment?” John spoke to Carla.

Carla looked at John and asked, “No one believes me… John, do you believe me?”

“I believe in you.” John nodded in agreement. Of course he believed her. After all, he was the one responsible.

Carla threw herself into John’s arms, bursting into tears. That left John somewhat at a loss.

Chapter 3941- 3943 Assessment is Nullified

Titus piped up, “What do you know, you newbie? There’s no one else capable of pulling this off except Carla!”

Titus was quick to pin the blame on Carla so he wouldn’t have to bear any responsibility himself.

John retorted, “Why would you think that only Carla could do this?”

“It’s simple! She’s the only one powerful enough to cause the fire source at the test site to surge and cause an explosion. No one else has that kind of skill,” Titus replied with a cold snort.

John glared coolly at Titus and returned, “Even without her capabilities, it’s not impossible to trigger an explosion from a fire aura. For example, if someone were to bring in an artifact imbued with a fire source and then release it into the air, couldn’t that also cause an aura surge that would lead to an explosion?”

Upon hearing this, Titus instantly furrowed his brows. A hint of alarm flitted through his gaze. Meanwhile, a wide-eyed Adam stared at John in utter disbelief. No one saw me when I was acting. But how on earth does John know about this?

Philip nodded and muttered, “Indeed, that could be a possibility.”

“Mr. Cunningham, don’t listen to these newbies’ nonsense. They’re all outer circle disciples; how could they possibly possess a magical time imbued with a fire source?” Titus hurried to dissuade Philip.

John pointed at Adam and suggested, “A quick search will reveal the truth. I suspect that Adam is carrying the magical item imbued with a fire source.”

“I d-d-don’t have it.” A sputtering Adam hastily shook his head, his expression becoming incredibly flustered.

“You don’t have it? Really?” John asked with a mocking glint in his eyes. He stared at Adam and continued, “If you insist there’s nothing, why not let us search you to be sure…”

Titus interjected to reprimand John, “You good-for nothing! Just who do you think you are? Adam is the most senior outer circle disciple! How do you have the right to order a frisk on him?” If they search Adam and find that bronze mirror, we’ll be in hot soup!

Noticing John’s insistence on frisking Adam, Judd asked, “Red, do you happen to know something?” John lowered his voice to a whisper and replied, “Judd, Adam’s carrying something. I saw him use it during the assessment. It seemed to contain a fire source. He probably wanted to boost his fire source aura, pushing us to our limits until we had no choice but to withdraw. His operation then failed, which caused the fire source to explode!” Judd was immediately livid when he heard this. I can’t believe these guys actually cheated!

“Titus, the unexpected explosion of the fire source must be investigated. The request for a search by Red is reasonable. Are you preventing the search because you’re feeling guilty?” Judd asked Titus.

“What do I have to be guilty about? Go ahead and search us then, but it’s only fair if everyone gets searched,” Titus answered, forcing a calm facade. Judd nodded in agreement.

“Of course. Everyone who was evaluated must be searched.”

“Oww!” At that moment, Adam suddenly clutched his stomach, his face contorted in pain.

“My stomach hurts,” he groaned, “I need to use the restroom. You guys go ahead and search the others first!”

After that, Adam made a move to leave. It seemed as though he intended to get rid of the bronze mirror. Judd leaped up and blocked Adam’s path. He grabbed the latter’s collar and warned, “Quit playing innocent. You’re trying to get rid of something, aren’t you?”

“I didn’t. I just had a stomachache!” Adam insisted stubbornly.

“A stomachache? You really think anyone would buy such an excuse?” Judd scoffed coldly.

Titus was so frustrated that he glared at Adam, unable to believe the latter would come up with such a childish excuse. You’re a cultivator at Tribulator level! Who the hell would believe you’re suddenly incapacitated by a stomachache and need to dash to the restroom? You’re not even an ordinary person! Adam must’ve panicked so much that his brain’s not working!

“Titus, he-” Adam turned to Titus for help, but the latter merely glared at him and snapped, “Shut up. Just shut up!” Titus was genuinely afraid that Adam would betray him too.

Everyone knew that Philip was an impartial man. He wouldn’t be swayed by the sect leader, not even if Titus’s master, Garry, was the newly appointed leader. Adam was merely an outer sect disciple, so the severity of his punishment wouldn’t matter much. The worst-case scenario was simply his exile from Violet Flame Sect. But Titus couldn’t afford a punishment. After all, he was now a deacon and the treasured disciple of the sect leader to boot. He was destined for a bright future.

“Adam, if you hand over the item and explain yourself clearly, Mr. Cunningham may just spare your life,” Judd said to Adam.

Adam stubbornly declared, “I-I don’t have anything at all!” Judd’s eyes narrowed slightly, and without hesitation, he reached into Adam’s clothes. Before Adam could even react, the bronze mirror was already in Judd’s hands!

“What is this?” asked Judd. A flustered Adam struggled to find the words to explain the mirror’s existence.

“Let me see.” Titus stepped forward, intending to snatch away the bronze mirror. Judd swiftly avoided Titus and shot the man a cold glance.

“Titus, are you trying to seize and then destroy the evidence?” “What evidence am I supposedly trying to destroy?” Titus feigned innocence and continued, “Isn’t this some plain bronze mirror? What’s so special about it? I don’t think I sensed any fire aura from it!” The fire source in the bronze mirror had been completely absorbed by John, so there was no trace of it left. It was precisely for this reason that Titus adamantly refused to admit the presence of a fire source in the bronze mirror.

At that point, Adam regained his composure and claimed loudly, “That’s right. This is just a regular copper mirror that I use for training. There’s no fire source in it!” Judd attempted to channel his spiritual energy into the bronze mirror, but though the mirror’s array runes began to flicker, no fire source appeared. This left Judd feeling somewhat embarrassed and at a loss for what to do next.

Just then, Philip reached his hand out and said, “Let me take a look at that bronze mirror.” “Please inspect the mirror, Mr. Cunningham. I’m convinced that Adam rigged this bronze mirror!” Judd handed the bronze mirror to Philip respectfully.

Philip immediately furrowed his brows upon seeing the bronze mirror. His expression also turned noticeably unpleasant. He pointed at Judd, Titus, and Adam, ordering, “The few of you stay, but everyone else should leave immediately!”

Meanwhile, John said comfortingly, “Carla, you’re okay now. Please stop crying.” Philip’s orders clearly showed that the matter of the explosive fire source had nothing to do with those who were told to leave.

“Wait for me outside. I believe Mr. Cunningham will make a decision soon!” Judd said as he ushered John and the others out. After everyone had left, Philip casually waved his hand and effortlessly set up a formation. No one could see what was happening within the formation. Titus’s and Adam’s expressions changed instantly, Philip was renowned for his impartiality. If he suddenly decided to act against them within the formation and punish them according to the rules of Violet Flame Sect, they would truly have nowhere to turn for help.

“Titus, what’s the story behind this bronze mirror?” Philip turned to Titus with a somber expression. Titus feigned ignorance and replied, “Mr. Cunningham, I’m not really sure either. Isn’t this something Adam used for his own training?”

Slap! Philip landed a harsh slap across Titus’s face before snarling menacingly, “That’s bullshit! I personally etched the formation on this bronze mirror, sealing a fire source within it.” He continued, “This was to allow gifted disciples to utilize the bronze mirror for their cultivation. That way, they could grasp the fire source of Violet Flame Sect more swiftly. How did such an important item end up in the hands of an outer circle disciple?”

Upon hearing Philip’s words, Titus’s face turned ashen with fear. He hadn’t expected that this bronze mirror was actually handcrafted by Philip himself. Garry had given him this bronze mirror. It was intended to aid Titus in his cultivation. After all, with this bronze mirror, he could be in constant contact with the fire source, accelerating his cultivation process.

Unexpectedly, Titus had actually used the bronze mirror to cheat during the assessment. Suddenly, Titus fell to his knees in front of Philip, his voice choked with emotion as he admitted, “Mr. Cunningham, I was wrong. This bronze mirror was given to me by my master for my cultivation. Adam is currently a Sixth Level Tribulator, and he’s still unable to master fire aura, so he couldn’t pass the assessment to become an inner court disciple. That’s why I lent him the bronze mirror. I never thought that Adam would actually cheat during the assessment using this bronze mirror, causing the fire source to explode in the assessment venue, which resulted in damage to the assessment array!” Titus proved to be quite quick-witted. He reacted so swiftly, finding a way to deflect the situation.

Meanwhile, Adam was looking at Titus with a face full of shock. He didn’t expect Titus to act so fast in this situation and put all the blame on him.

“Are you speaking the truth?” Philip questioned. Titus knelt on the ground.

“Every word I’ve spoken is the truth. I would never dare to deceive you, Mr. Cunningham…”

“Adam!” Philip shouted. The fright caused Adam to fall to his knees with a thud. At that moment, Titus kept shooting glances at Adam. As long as Adam shouldered all the responsibilities, it would have nothing to do with him anymore.

Adam looked into Titus’s eyes, realizing he had no choice but to take responsibility. Even if he were to betray Titus, it wouldn’t do him any good. Perhaps by ensuring Titus’s safety, he would still have a chance in the future.

“Mr. Cunningham, it was my own momentary lapse of judgment that led me to use the fire source from the bronze mirror to enhance the fire aura in the assessment venue. I simply wanted to intensify the fire aura, ensuring that everyone else failed and only I would pass the assessment. In this way, I could impress everyone. Unexpectedly, a mishap in handling caused all the fire sources within the bronze mirror to escape. It then merged with the fire source of the assessment venue, resulting in an explosion. I deserve to be punished. I deserve to be punished. Please punish me, Mr. Cunningham!” Adam took it upon himself to shoulder all the matters.

Upon hearing this, Titus instantly felt a wave of relief wash over him.

“Mr. Cunningham, I’m certain that Titus must be behind this. Otherwise, Adam wouldn’t have dared to commit such an act. We must punish Titus,” Judd suddenly said upon seeing the situation. It’s clear that Titus instructed Adam to do this!

“Judd, don’t make baseless accusations. What proof do you have that I was behind this?” Titus, seething with anger, bellowed at Judd.

“It was you. Adam doesn’t have the guts,” Judd said.

“It wasn’t me!” Titus argued. The two were arguing so fiercely that their faces turned red and their ears were burning. They were at an absolute impasse.

“That’s enough!” Philip roared, and the two people immediately shut their mouths. “Since there’s no evidence to prove that Titus was behind this, let’s stop arguing about it. The responsibility for this incident falls solely on Adam. From this point onward, Adan is prohibited from participating in the assessment to become an inner court disciple for thirty years. Titus, in his role as the chief examiner, will have his salary withheld for three years as a penalty.” Philip’s words made Titus and Adam express their gratitude repeatedly. Considering what had happened, this punishment could definitely be considered lenient. Though Judd was displeased, there was nothing he could do.

“Mr. Cunningham, what are we going to do about this assessment?” Judd asked. “This assessment is nullified. Once I’ve repaired the assessment array, we’ll proceed with the assessment!” After Philip finished speaking, he turned and left, and the arcane array disappeared automatically. Titus and Adam, drenched in cold sweat, let out a long sigh of relief.

Chapter 3938 Such A Fool

John is playing save this day's 😂 cunning ways 😉

Chapter 3944 – 3946 Nullified

When Judd walked out, Carla and the others immediately approached. “Judd, how did it go? What did Mr. Cunningham say?” Carla asked.

“Mr. Cunningham has forbidden Adam from participating in the assessment to become an inner court disciple for thirty years. Titus is penalized by having his salary withheld for three years,” Judd answered.

“What about the assessment? We should have passed, right?” someone asked. It wasn’t easy to make it to the final stage, and they were not blessed with such luck for every assessment.

Judd shook his head and said helplessly, “The assessment has been nullified. Mr. Cunningham will be repairing the assessment array. We’ll just have to wait for further notice.”

“Huh… Nullified?”

“What a complete waste that was.”

“We were really lucky this time. I didn’t expect such a thing to happen.” Upon hearing that the assessment had been nullified, the disciples began to voice their complaints. John also furrowed his brows. If he couldn’t advance to become an inner court disciple, he wouldn’t have the freedom to move around in the inner court, let alone meet Gael. Now that the assessment had been nullified, there was no telling when the next assessment would be.

John turned to Judd and asked, “Judd, I recall you mentioning another way to become an inner court disciple, which is through the recommendation of three elders, right?” Judd nodded, then with a troubled expression, he said, “Red, being recommended by the elders is not as easy as you think. Besides, you’ve just entered Violet Flame Sect and you haven’t even been an outer court disciple. I’m afraid the method of getting the elders’ recommendation simply won’t work!”

Upon hearing this, John instantly felt deflated. “Red, don’t lose heart. Even though you can’t be recommended by the elders, there’s still a way for you to advance to become an inner court disciple,” Carla said.

“What is it?” John’s eyes lit up.

“Carla, are you talking about a challenge?” Judd asked. Carla gave a nod.

“Exactly, if you succeed in the challenge, you can also be promoted to an inner court disciple.”

Judd shook his head and said, “Forget it. The sect hasn’t seen a successful attempt in hundreds of years. Sending Red to a challenge is like sending him to his death.”

“Judd, how do we go about the challenge? And who are we challenging? Is it the inner court disciples? Do we have to win against them to get promoted?” John asked.

“It’s not that easy. If it was just about challenging the inner court disciples, it would have been a lot simpler. Adam wouldn’t have had to wait all these years. You have to challenge the deacons of the sect. Only by defeating them could you become an inner court disciple. How could an outer court disciple possibly succeed in challenging a deacon? Every time a challenge was issued, the deacons would give it their all. Otherwise, if they were defeated, they would be too ashamed to stay within Violet Flame Sect. For centuries, the deacons of Violet Flame Sect have been challenged almost annually. However, not a single challenger has ever succeeded. Instead, many were left incapacitated. This challenge is too risky, which is why I didn’t tell you.” John’s interest was instantly piqued.

“Judd, I want to take on the challenge. How do I sign up for it?” He was certain he could succeed in the challenge. Although he didn’t want to reveal his abilities too early, he knew that he had to take on the challenge in order to gain entry into the inner court.

“Red, you’re only a Fourth Level Tribulator. If you take on the challenge, you’re bound to lose without a doubt. The weakest among the deacons is at least a Sixth Level Tribulator. Titus is already an Eighth Level Tribulator. With a little more time, he could become a Ninth Level Tribulator. Do you think you can defeat them?”

“Judd, how can we know without giving it a shot? I think I can defeat Titus,” John said confidently.

At that moment, Titus emerged, accompanied by Adam.

Upon hearing John’s words, Titus responded with an expression of disdain, “You’ve got quite the nerve, I must say. If you’re so confident, I’ll allow you to challenge me. If you manage to defeat me, I’ll let you become an inner court disciple.” He simply couldn’t believe that John, a mere Fourth Level Tribulator, could ever defeat him. He could defeat John with just one hand. Titus’s words had drawn a crowd.

Seeing that John was challenging Titus to join the ranks of the inner court disciples, everyone was taken aback. John was merely a Fourth Level Tribulator, while Titus was an Eighth Level Tribulator. The difference was just too vast.

“Red, don’t listen to him. We’ll figure things out. Once Master comes out from the council meeting room, we’ll discuss it with him. If you challenge Titus, you’re definitely going to lose. That guy doesn’t know how to hold back. Besides, you don’t have to challenge Titus. You can easily choose anyone from the deacons. That is your right,” Judd hastily said. He was worried that John didn’t understand the rules and would fall for Titus’s tricks.

“Judd, that doesn’t matter. He has no other choice but to challenge me. If he chooses someone else, I won’t allow it. Don’t forget, I’m the chief examiner,” Titus said with a somber look in his eyes. After what had happened with the assessment, Titus was feeling quite upset. Now, he could take his frustration out on John.

Upon seeing the situation, Carla glared at Titus. “You’re so despicable…”

“Despicable?” Titus chuckled.

“These are the rules of our sect. Are you implying that those who established these rules are all despicable?”

“Hahaha, if you wish to become an inner court disciple, you’ll need to get through Titus first. Otherwise, none of you should even dream of becoming an inner court disciple.” Adam laughed heartily in triumph.

“Kid, you seem to have impressive credentials. If you choose to join our faction now, I can easily make you an inner court disciple,” Titus said to John.

“Are you worthy?” John let out a cold laugh. Titus’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“Kid, there are times when you can’t be stubborn. If you want to become an inner court disciple, then you have to defeat me!” At that point, Judd was absolutely livid. Both were deacons, but he had no power at all now, as Garry had become the new sect leader. He was worried that John would end up getting hurt if he were to challenge Titus. There was a chance he could be crippled.

“Beating you is way easier than taking a dump!” John looked at Titus with a face full of disdain.

All eyes suddenly turned to him. They were all astonished. A Fourth Level Tribulator is claiming that defeating an Eighth Level Tribulator is as easy as taking a dump? What a braggart!

“Red, stop talking and shut your mouth!” Judd furrowed his brows, fearing that John’s provocation of Titus would lead to an uncontrollable situation in the end! Carla and the others also advised John to stop speaking.

“Judd, everything I’ve spoken is the truth. Why can’t I say it? With his level of ability, I can crush him with one hand!”

John responded with a sneer. Since he could no longer conceal his abilities, he decided to show off his impressive skills. What John said was indeed the truth. Given Titus’s capabilities, he could certainly defeat him with one hand. Titus was seething, his face flushed with anger.

“Kid, you’re too arrogant. Even if I cripple you during the challenge, it’s all on you. There won’t be any repercussions.”

“Would there be any repercussions if I crippled you, then?” John asked. Judd was momentarily at a loss for words. There’s a limit to showing off, and he has certainly crossed that line! All the other disciples were looking at John, their eyes filled with mockery.

They thought John was clearly overestimating his capabilities. If someone like Judd, who was on par with Titus, had said this, it could perhaps be considered as a display of confidence and toughness.

When John said it, however, it was nothing more than a joke, a blatant overestimation of his own abilities. How could a Fourth Level Tribulator compare with an Eighth Level Tribulator? They were four levels apart. And the higher the level, the greater the difference between each level.

Judd frowned and said to John with a hint of anger, “Red, please stop talking. I will find a way to help you get into the inner court.”

“Judd, all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the show.” John gave a casual smile, then turned his gaze to Titus.

“Since the initial assessment has been nullified, the original bet is off as well. Let’s start a new bet. If you beat me, you can still take the spirit coins that I’ve put up.”

“All right, if you beat me, I’ll give you my spirit coins. And every time I see you, I’ll greet you as my boss,” Titus readily agreed, thinking that John was practically giving away his money.

“Where’s the arena? Let’s get this over with now. I don’t have much time to waste on you,” John said.

“Red -” Judd and Carla tried to persuade John. However, John waved his hand, silencing them all before they could even speak.

“Come with me…” Titus leaped up, with John swiftly following in his wake. By this point, John simply didn’t care if his abilities would be exposed. Revealing his strength wasn’t an issue as long as his true identity remained concealed.

Seeing John following Titus, everyone else also trailed behind them. Such a challenge, with a gap of four levels, had never occurred in Violet Flame Sect.

Judd also followed along. He was filled with worry. “Why is Red so reckless?” He wore an expression of intense anxiety and even had someone inform his master. However, whether the message could be delivered was uncertain. After all, not just anyone could enter the council meeting room.

“Red is too impulsive. It would be such a shame if he were to be crippled by Titus.” Carla was anxious as well, thinking it would be such a pity for a wonderful person to be crippled.

“Judd, Carla, you can forcibly stop Red. You can knock him out. This kind of challenge is practically a suicide mission!”

“Exactly, Red has no idea about Titus’s cunning nature, but we certainly do.” Numerous fellow disciples chimed in one after another.

“Right, we’ll forcibly take Red away later.” It seemed that Carla had made a decision. Judd nodded firmly. He couldn’t just stand by and watch John court disaster. If something really happened, he wouldn’t be able to explain it to Dario.

Titus led John to the arena. The arena, crafted from a unique type of diamond, was surrounded by array runes that shimmered all around. These array runes were likely set up by Philip himself. It was safe to assume that within the entire Violet Flame Sect, Philip was probably the only array master. The arena was already packed with people, all there to enjoy the spectacle.

Moreover, at that moment, the four juridical elders were also called upon. Arnold Nielsen, one of the juridical elders, turned to Titus and asked, “Titus, I recall today being the day of the assessment. Why have you brought people to the arena?”

“Mr. Nielsen, due to the damage of the assessment array, a disciple wishes to take on the challenge to advance to become an inner court disciple,” Titus said.

“I see.” Arnold nodded. There were challengers almost every year, so there was nothing particularly surprising about it.

“Let the outer court disciple and the deacon take the stage!” With that, he returned to his seat. John found himself standing in the arena alongside Titus.

Arnold glanced at the two of them, his brows slightly furrowed as he said, “Titus, have that deacon come up on stage!”

“Mr. Nielsen, I am the one being challenged,” Titus replied.

“You?” Arnold exclaimed in surprise.

Chapter 3947 - 3949 Illusion Spell

Titus was the most powerful among the deacons, and he was now the favored disciple of the new sect leader. Arnold wondered who the daring outer court disciple was to challenge Titus. It was glaringly obvious that defeat was inevitable.

Arnold glanced at John. “Is he the disciple who issued the challenge?” John was merely a Fourth Level Tribulator. No matter how he looked at it, it seemed impossible for him to challenge Titus. The disparity in their skills was rather significant. He reckoned John probably wouldn’t stand a chance even in a single move.

“Yes, it’s him!” Titus gave a nod.

“What’s the point, then? This challenge is utterly pointless. Given the gap in skill levels, you could just defeat him with one hand,” Arnold remarked in a rather dull tone. Such a challenge, with such a vast disparity in skill levels, was simply not worth watching. It would be over in the blink of an eye, leaving the juridical elders feeling rather unenthused.

“Mr. Nielsen, even if I can crush him with a single finger, we still need to go through the motions and follow the process. Otherwise, some people might not accept it.” Titus shot John a cold glance. Yet, a serene look filled John’s eyes, and a hint of a mocking smile played at the corners of his mouth.

“All right, let’s get started, then!” After Arnold finished speaking, he gently pressed his hand onto a stone the size of a palm. Quickly, a series of radiant lights abruptly illuminated, and several arcane arrays enveloped the arena.

Once the arcane array was activated, John and Titus could get started. Regardless of whatever chaos ensued within, it wouldn’t affect the outside world. Similarly, those outside couldn’t affect the people in the arena.

Upon seeing the arcane array activated, Judd and Carla grew tense. They had intended to stop John, but now that the arcane array was in motion, they were utterly powerless to halt it.

Observing the surrounding arcane array activating, Titus let out a cold chuckle and said, “Kid, I didn’t expect you to be so fearless. But today, I’m going to make an example out of you. It’s your bad luck, so don’t blame me when you’re dead.” The aura of an Eighth Level Tribulator surged within him, filling the entire arena with his presence.

“You want to kill me?” John sneered.

“What do you think? You’re a newcomer yet you dare to offend me. If I don’t kill you, how am I supposed to command respect? However, you don’t have to die. All you need to do is kneel before me, beg, and join our faction. I can spare your life,” Titus exclaimed. He could spare John’s life. After all, John was a rich kid. If he were to join their faction, he could make a quick buck on the side.

“Who the hell do you think you are? Just don’t beg me not to kill you later,” John spat vehemently. His arrogant demeanor left Titus seething with rage.

“Titus, show him what you’ve got. He is way too arrogant,” Adam roared.

Judd and Carla looked nervous

“Why is Red so stubborn? It’s clear he can’t win the fight. Why can’t he just stay still?” Carla was utterly puzzled.

“Red must definitely come from a wealthy family. Having been pampered since childhood, he simply has no concept of fear.” John’s demeanor and his extravagant display of wealth led Judd to speculate that John must be the scion of a prominent family. He had been pampered with luxury and privilege since childhood without ever experiencing setbacks. It was no wonder he was so arrogant. However, if John continued with his audacity in Violet Flame Sect, he was bound to face consequences.

“Go to hell, kid!” Titus was enraged, and he instantly vanished from sight. Immediately following that, a figure was seen darting toward John, aiming a strike directly at him. A ferocious aura, much like a tsunami, surged toward John. Titus had his other hand casually placed behind his back, seemingly intent on taking down John with one hand. Watching Titus approach with a fierce expression, John flashed a smirk.

John waved his hand, and Titus felt a flash of white light before his eyes. Immediately after, he found John standing right before him. This strike pierced right through John’s body, yet it seemed as though John was completely unscathed. Taken aback, Titus once again launched an attack on John. John didn’t retaliate at all, simply allowing Titus to continually assail him.

“What’s going on with, Titus? Has he lost his senses? Why is he recklessly making moves in the arena?” someone asked Adam.

At that moment, Adam was utterly bewildered. He saw Titus in front of John, constantly waving his hands around. John was not far ahead of Titus, and he hadn’t moved an inch. He was looking at Titus as if he were watching a monkey show.

Judd and Carla were also utterly shocked, unable to comprehend what on earth Titus was up to.

“Judd, is Titus sick?” Carla asked.

“I’ve never heard of Titus being sick… Could it be that…” A thought seemed to strike Judd, and his eyes suddenly widened.

“What is it?” Carla asked curiously. “Could it be that Titus has fallen under some illusion spell? He’s completely engulfed by it, and that’s why he’s become like this,” Judd analyzed.

“Illusion spell? How could he possibly have fallen under an illusion spell?” Carla wore a face full of confusion.

“Carla, you’re really naive. Obviously, Red has cast the spell, making Titus fall right into the trap. He already had a plan in mind. No wonder he wasn’t afraid of Titus at all.”

Judd expressed his admiration. “Could Red possibly be an array master too? It seems unlikely. He’s far too young to be one.” Carla’s brows furrowed slightly as she watched John in the arena.

“Carla, Red might have the magecraft documentation device of the illusion spell on him. All he has to do is activate the documentation device, and the illusion spell will be set into motion. Don’t forget, Red is quite wealthy. It’s entirely possible that he’s spent a large sum on acquiring array documentation devices,” Judd explained.

“Right, that should be it…” Carla finally understood now.

At that moment, Titus was in the area, moving around as agile as a monkey, leaping up and down. It seemed as though he was competing with someone, yet in reality, he was the only one making moves.

John stood a short distance away, his arms folded across his chest, his face filled with mockery. Before long, Titus was drenched in sweat, evidently nearing exhaustion. His face twisted in a grotesque expression as he continued to shout and roar.

In Titus’s eyes, he found that no matter how much he attacked John, he astonishingly couldn’t manage to knock him down. This nearly drove Titus to the brink of despair. As Titus was bellowing, John finally made his move. John was seen leaping up. Following that, he fiercely kicked Titus in the back

Titus ended up sprawling in the arena. John had one foot on Titus as he waved at the audience below in a victorious manner. At that moment, everyone in the audience was taken aback, watching in disbelief. Even the juridical elders were left utterly bewildered. They stared at the scene unfolding in the arena, completely forgetting to announce the outcome.

“Red, you’re amazing!”

“You’re the best, Red. I love you…”

“Hahaha, what a joke! An Eighth Level Tribulator couldn’t even defeat a Fourth Level Tribulator.” Judd and his companions were cheering with excitement. After the initial shock, Judd hurriedly called out to Arnold, “Mr. Nielsen, now that the scores have been settled, isn’t it time to announce the results?”

“Uh…” Arnold was awash with embarrassment, unsure of how to make the announcement. Titus, who had been trampled underfoot, snapped out of his illusion at that moment. Seeing his current pitiful state, he immediately roared in anger, “How dare you trick me! I’ll kill you…”

As Titus roared in anger, he suddenly seemed to be engulfed in flames! John swiftly retreated, while Titus seized the opportunity to rise. Then, the flames morphed into a long sword, which he swung towards John!

“You must defeat me with fire source to become an inner disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, not by resorting to illusion spell. It’s disgraceful!” As he launched his attack on John, Titus let out a mighty roar! His aim was simply to let everyone know that he had fallen under John’s illusion, not because his skills were inferior!

“So this guy actually used illusion spell on Titus. That’s utterly disgraceful.”

“No wonder Titus just looked like he was in a daze.”

“During the duels at the Violet Flame Sect, they actually resorted to illusion spell. That’s not a true display of skill.” Adam and the others immediately pointed fingers at John! Clearly, Titus was just making excuses for himself. Moreover, he insisted that John must defeat him with fire source. That was such a hard thing to ask of someone! But now, even the juridical elder remained silent. Hence, what could Judd and the others possibly do?

Titus was seen striking John with a single sword blow, causing an instant ripple in the space around them. The entire arena was engulfed in flames! John paused momentarily, then vanished in the blink of an eye. Moments later, a blaze erupted beneath his feet! He employed Blazing Stride to deftly dodge Titus’s attack!

When Titus’s sword missed its mark, he looked fury! Then, John hadn’t yet dared to reveal his full strength. The reason he had just used illusion spell was to make everyone believe that he had won by taking shortcuts! Who would have thought that the juridical elder didn’t make any ruling at all. In fact, he didn’t even declare Titus as the loser!

Now, Titus had prohibited the use of illusion spell, allowing only the use of fire source. This was simply outrageous! John was still unable to utilize the Violet Flame Sect’s fire source. If he did, he would likely be under investigation! Regardless of whether it was fire of the Earth’s core, demonic fire, or Extreme Frost Flame, John could not expose himself too much!

Violet Flame Sect was known for practicing fire source techniques. If John were to reveal an over use of fire source, he would undoubtedly raise suspicion, even risking being captured for investigation!

At that moment, John could only temporarily evade using Blazing Stride. Fortunately, that was also a type of fire cultivation technique, so Titus couldn’t really say much about it!

“John’s technique where his feet seem to ignite with fire is truly impressive. His speed is astonishing, isn’t it?” Carla couldn’t help but exclaim upon seeing John’s mastery over Blazing Stride.

“What kind of technique is this? I’ve never seen my master use it before. I need to ask him to teach me for the speed is just too fast.” Judd watched as John demonstrated Blazing Stride with his face full of envy! He had initially thought that this was a technique taught by Dario, oblivious to the fact that it was actually a form of celestial technique. Therefore, even their sect leader wouldn’t know it not to mention Dario! Moreover, John hadn’t fully unleashed his power in Blazing Stride, nor had he mastered it completely. Once he truly mastered the technique, it would be like travelling five hundred kilometers in a single step instantly!

At that moment, on the arena, Titus was all flustered by John! He didn’t know what kind of cultivation technique John had used, but its speed was astonishing. He couldn’t land a hit or grasp him, it was as if he was trying to catch an eel!

“Feathers filled the sky…” Titus let out a powerful shout, and his longsword igniting with a series of flames. The flames soared into the sky, then fell from the heavens, transforming into a rain of fire that blanketed the sky, akin to a torrential downpour!

Upon seeing the situation, John instantly transformed the fire source into a sword, and swiftly swinging it upwards! From beneath the ground, countless flames surged upward, colliding directly with the all- encompassing firestorm unleashed by Titus! The roar was relentless.

The flames conjured by John collided with those of Titus in mid- air, vanishing upon impact! Just like a firework, it burst into a radiant light and then faded away! Titus watched the scene unfold with his entire demeanor turning fierce! Surprisingly, his move didn’t harm John at all!

Everyone else fell silent too upon witnessing this scene! Even Judd and the others stopped talking. They all thought that John had deceived Titus using illusion spell! Yet now, it was a true clash of strengths between both sides! Unexpectedly, John didn’t end up at a disadvantage!

Titus was the most powerful among the deacons, and he was now the favored disciple of the new sect leader. Arnold wondered who the daring outer court disciple was to challenge Titus. It was glaringly obvious that defeat was inevitable.

Arnold glanced at John. “Is he the disciple who issued the challenge?” John was merely a Fourth Level Tribulator. No matter how he looked at it, it seemed impossible for him to challenge Titus. The disparity in their skills was rather significant. He reckoned John probably wouldn’t stand a chance even in a single move.

“What’s the point, then? This challenge is utterly pointless. Given the gap in skill levels, you could just defeat him with one hand,” Arnold remarked in a rather dull tone. Such a challenge, with such a vast disparity in skill levels, was simply not worth watching. It would be over in the blink of an eye, leaving the juridical elders feeling rather unenthused.

“Mr. Nielsen, even if I can crush him with a single finger, we still need to go through the motions and follow the process. Otherwise, some people might not accept it.” Titus shot John a cold glance. Yet, a serene look filled John’s eyes, and a hint of a mocking smile played at the corners of his mouth.

“All right, let’s get started, then!” After Arnold finished speaking, he gently pressed his hand onto a stone the size of a palm. Quickly, a series of radiant lights abruptly illuminated, and several arcane arrays enveloped the arena.

Once the arcane array was activated, John and Titus could get started. Regardless of whatever chaos ensued within, it wouldn’t affect the outside world. Similarly, those outside couldn’t affect the people in the arena.

Upon seeing the arcane array activated, Judd and Carla grew tense. They had intended to stop John, but now that the arcane array was in motion, they were utterly powerless to halt it.

Observing the surrounding arcane array activating, Titus let out a cold chuckle and said, “Kid, I didn’t expect you to be so fearless. But today, I’m going to make an example out of you. It’s your bad luck, so don’t blame me when you’re dead.” The aura of an Eighth Level Tribulator surged within him, filling the entire arena with his presence.

“What do you think? You’re a newcomer yet you dare to offend me. If I don’t kill you, how am I supposed to command respect? However, you don’t have to die. All you need to do is kneel before me, beg, and join our faction. I can spare your life,” Titus exclaimed. He could spare John’s life. After all, John was a rich kid. If he were to join their faction, he could make a quick buck on the side.

“Who the hell do you think you are? Just don’t beg me not to kill you later,” John spat vehemently. His arrogant demeanor left Titus seething with rage.

“Why is Red so stubborn? It’s clear he can’t win the fight. Why can’t he just stay still?” Carla was utterly puzzled.

“Red must definitely come from a wealthy family. Having been pampered since childhood, he simply has no concept of fear.” John’s demeanor and his extravagant display of wealth led Judd to speculate that John must be the scion of a prominent family. He had been pampered with luxury and privilege since childhood without ever experiencing setbacks. It was no wonder he was so arrogant. However, if John continued with his audacity in Violet Flame Sect, he was bound to face consequences.

“Go to hell, kid!” Titus was enraged, and he instantly vanished from sight. Immediately following that, a figure was seen darting toward John, aiming a strike directly at him. A ferocious aura, much like a tsunami, surged toward John. Titus had his other hand casually placed behind his back, seemingly intent on taking down John with one hand. Watching Titus approach with a fierce expression, John flashed a smirk.

John waved his hand, and Titus felt a flash of white light before his eyes. Immediately after, he found John standing right before him. This strike pierced right through John’s body, yet it seemed as though John was completely unscathed. Taken aback, Titus once again launched an attack on John. John didn’t retaliate at all, simply allowing Titus to continually assail him.

“What’s going on with, Titus? Has he lost his senses? Why is he recklessly making moves in the arena?” someone asked Adam.

At that moment, Adam was utterly bewildered. He saw Titus in front of John, constantly waving his hands around. John was not far ahead of Titus, and he hadn’t moved an inch. He was looking at Titus as if he were watching a monkey show.

Judd and Carla were also utterly shocked, unable to comprehend what on earth Titus was up to.

“I’ve never heard of Titus being sick… Could it be that…” A thought seemed to strike Judd, and his eyes suddenly widened.

“What is it?” Carla asked curiously. “Could it be that Titus has fallen under some illusion spell? He’s completely engulfed by it, and that’s why he’s become like this,” Judd analyzed.

“Illusion spell? How could he possibly have fallen under an illusion spell?” Carla wore a face full of confusion.

“Carla, you’re really naive. Obviously, Red has cast the spell, making Titus fall right into the trap. He already had a plan in mind. No wonder he wasn’t afraid of Titus at all.”

Judd expressed his admiration. “Could Red possibly be an array master too? It seems unlikely. He’s far too young to be one.” Carla’s brows furrowed slightly as she watched John in the arena.

“Carla, Red might have the magecraft documentation device of the illusion spell on him. All he has to do is activate the documentation device, and the illusion spell will be set into motion. Don’t forget, Red is quite wealthy. It’s entirely possible that he’s spent a large sum on acquiring array documentation devices,” Judd explained.

At that moment, Titus was in the area, moving around as agile as a monkey, leaping up and down. It seemed as though he was competing with someone, yet in reality, he was the only one making moves.

John stood a short distance away, his arms folded across his chest, his face filled with mockery. Before long, Titus was drenched in sweat, evidently nearing exhaustion. His face twisted in a grotesque expression as he continued to shout and roar.

In Titus’s eyes, he found that no matter how much he attacked John, he astonishingly couldn’t manage to knock him down. This nearly drove Titus to the brink of despair. As Titus was bellowing, John finally made his move. John was seen leaping up. Following that, he fiercely kicked Titus in the back

Titus ended up sprawling in the arena. John had one foot on Titus as he waved at the audience below in a victorious manner. At that moment, everyone in the audience was taken aback, watching in disbelief. Even the juridical elders were left utterly bewildered. They stared at the scene unfolding in the arena, completely forgetting to announce the outcome.

“Red, you’re amazing!”

“Hahaha, what a joke! An Eighth Level Tribulator couldn’t even defeat a Fourth Level Tribulator.” Judd and his companions were cheering with excitement. After the initial shock, Judd hurriedly called out to Arnold, “Mr. Nielsen, now that the scores have been settled, isn’t it time to announce the results?”

“Uh…” Arnold was awash with embarrassment, unsure of how to make the announcement. Titus, who had been trampled underfoot, snapped out of his illusion at that moment. Seeing his current pitiful state, he immediately roared in anger, “How dare you trick me! I’ll kill you…”

As Titus roared in anger, he suddenly seemed to be engulfed in flames! John swiftly retreated, while Titus seized the opportunity to rise. Then, the flames morphed into a long sword, which he swung towards John!

“You must defeat me with fire source to become an inner disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, not by resorting to illusion spell. It’s disgraceful!” As he launched his attack on John, Titus let out a mighty roar! His aim was simply to let everyone know that he had fallen under John’s illusion, not because his skills were inferior!

“So this guy actually used illusion spell on Titus. That’s utterly disgraceful.”

“During the duels at the Violet Flame Sect, they actually resorted to illusion spell. That’s not a true display of skill.” Adam and the others immediately pointed fingers at John! Clearly, Titus was just making excuses for himself. Moreover, he insisted that John must defeat him with fire source. That was such a hard thing to ask of someone! But now, even the juridical elder remained silent. Hence, what could Judd and the others possibly do?

Titus was seen striking John with a single sword blow, causing an instant ripple in the space around them. The entire arena was engulfed in flames! John paused momentarily, then vanished in the blink of an eye. Moments later, a blaze erupted beneath his feet! He employed Blazing Stride to deftly dodge Titus’s attack!

When Titus’s sword missed its mark, he looked fury! Then, John hadn’t yet dared to reveal his full strength. The reason he had just used illusion spell was to make everyone believe that he had won by taking shortcuts! Who would have thought that the juridical elder didn’t make any ruling at all. In fact, he didn’t even declare Titus as the loser!

Now, Titus had prohibited the use of illusion spell, allowing only the use of fire source. This was simply outrageous! John was still unable to utilize the Violet Flame Sect’s fire source. If he did, he would likely be under investigation! Regardless of whether it was fire of the Earth’s core, demonic fire, or Extreme Frost Flame, John could not expose himself too much!

Violet Flame Sect was known for practicing fire source techniques. If John were to reveal an over use of fire source, he would undoubtedly raise suspicion, even risking being captured for investigation!

At that moment, John could only temporarily evade using Blazing Stride. Fortunately, that was also a type of fire cultivation technique, so Titus couldn’t really say much about it!

“John’s technique where his feet seem to ignite with fire is truly impressive. His speed is astonishing, isn’t it?” Carla couldn’t help but exclaim upon seeing John’s mastery over Blazing Stride.

“What kind of technique is this? I’ve never seen my master use it before. I need to ask him to teach me for the speed is just too fast.” Judd watched as John demonstrated Blazing Stride with his face full of envy! He had initially thought that this was a technique taught by Dario, oblivious to the fact that it was actually a form of celestial technique. Therefore, even their sect leader wouldn’t know it not to mention Dario! Moreover, John hadn’t fully unleashed his power in Blazing Stride, nor had he mastered it completely. Once he truly mastered the technique, it would be like travelling five hundred kilometers in a single step instantly!

At that moment, on the arena, Titus was all flustered by John! He didn’t know what kind of cultivation technique John had used, but its speed was astonishing. He couldn’t land a hit or grasp him, it was as if he was trying to catch an eel!

“Feathers filled the sky…” Titus let out a powerful shout, and his longsword igniting with a series of flames. The flames soared into the sky, then fell from the heavens, transforming into a rain of fire that blanketed the sky, akin to a torrential downpour!

Upon seeing the situation, John instantly transformed the fire source into a sword, and swiftly swinging it upwards! From beneath the ground, countless flames surged upward, colliding directly with the all- encompassing firestorm unleashed by Titus! The roar was relentless.

The flames conjured by John collided with those of Titus in mid- air, vanishing upon impact! Just like a firework, it burst into a radiant light and then faded away! Titus watched the scene unfold with his entire demeanor turning fierce! Surprisingly, his move didn’t harm John at all!

Everyone else fell silent too upon witnessing this scene! Even Judd and the others stopped talking. They all thought that John had deceived Titus using illusion spell! Yet now, it was a true clash of strengths between both sides! Unexpectedly, John didn’t end up at a disadvantage!
Haha indeed John we are proud of you

“Red, you’re amazing!”

Titus, calm down because the Golden Dragon is even miles away. Your master will even be John's lackey 😀😀😀

Chapter 3950 –3952 Hidden Abilities

Titus’s expression was twisted with disbelief. He couldn’t fathom how John, a cultivator of Fourth Level Tribulator, could possibly hold his own against him, a cultivator of Eighth Level Tribulator!

Accompanied by Titus’s roar, he once again unleashed a multitude of flaming sword auras!

John watched Titus, who was on the verge of madness, and a smirk spread across his face. He knew he had pushed Titus to the brink of collapse!

Boom! In an instant, John unleashed a surge of sword energy. The blade force directly shattered Titus’s flaming sword energy, and at the same time, it aimed straight for Titus, and sent him flying! Following that, Titus crashed down, stirring up clouds of dust!

At that moment, everyone’s faces were filled with utter shock! The fact that John could hold his own fight against Titus was shocking enough! But now, his single sword strike had sent Titus flying shockingly! This stark contrast was, indeed, something that everyone found hard to accept at that moment! A warrior of Fourth Level Tribulator sent a warrior of Eighth Level Tribulator flying with just a single sword strike. Was this some kind of joke?

“Even if there was a genius who could challenge those beyond their level, it was impossible to cross so many cultivation levels!” This had surpassed everyone’s understanding!

Judd opened his mouth wide as he was unable to believe what he said, “This… John actually managed to defeat Titus using his own strength?” Initially, everyone believed that Titus had fallen under an illusion, which was why he was ambushed by John! But what about now? That was a contest of pure strength. There was absolutely no room for cunning tricks or shortcuts! It was nothing but a pure contest of strength, and shockingly, Titus was even sent flying!

“It’s clear that John must have concealed his true skills. No wonder he dared to accept Titus’s challenge so casually!” Carla looked at John with admiration written all over her face. She was certain that John had been concealing his true strength! In fact, it was perfectly normal for some experts to conceal their true abilities due to a variety of reasons! And many people would do the same!

Just like John who kept his cultivation level suppressed at Fourth Level Tribulator. The truth was his true strength was incredibly high! In this way, Titus was made believe that his victory was undoubtedly assured! However, when it really came down to a duel, he was being subdued and attacked. This was a classic case of a wolf in sheep’s clothing! As a result, John’s reputation soared, leaving Titus utterly humiliated!

“It’s highly likely that John’s cultivation level surpasses even mine!” Judd also believed that John had been concealing his true capabilities! They could never have imagined that John was actually at Fourth Level Tribulator, and he made no effort to conceal his cultivation level! It was obvious that John’s status was far beyond what these ordinary cultivators could compare to, which was why this outcome was inevitable!

“It is despicable, and shameless to hide one’s true strength and struck when least expected. Such a lowly person cannot be allowed to join Violet Flame Sect.” Upon witnessing this scene, Adam quickly let out a loud shout! He believed that John had concealed his true strength to intentionally feign weakness to make Titus drop his guard! This kind of opportunistic approach wasn’t a true fight at all!

At this moment, the juridical elder also wore a stern expression! If John had indeed concealed his abilities from the start with the intention of catching Titus off guard, then this match could hardly be deemed fair! After all, this was an inner court disciple promotion match of Violet Flame Sect, not some sort of life or death match! There was no need to resort to such measures! Such a scheming individual was indeed not fit to be an inner court disciple of Violet Flame Sect!

“Brat, you have tricked me using your hidden abilities!” Titus picked himself up, and wiped off the fresh blood from the corner of his mouth!

At that moment, the juridical elder had already deactivated the arena’s formation and leaped onto the platform. His voice was cold and filled with anger as he said, “You intentionally concealed your true power, leading to your opponent’s misjudgment. Such a method of victory is dishonorable and does not meet the requirement of Violet Flame Sect.”

“You cannot become a court inner disciple of our sect. Go back to where you came from!” Upon witnessing the situation, Judd and Carla, along with others, hurriedly rushed onto the arena, intending to plead on behalf of John!

“Respected elder, my junior here has just joined us and is thus not fully aware of the rules. Could you please show leniency this time?”

“I will get him to reveal his cultivation level and subject himself to our inspection!”

After finishing his words, Judd quickly turned to John and said, “John, you need to fully unleash your potential, and there should be no more hiding. If you want to join Violet Flame Sect, you must be completely open.”

“Judd, I wasn’t concealing my level at all. I’m currently at Fourth Level Tribulator.” John said in a bewildered manner! He merely concealed his identity, but did not hide his cultivation technique at all. As for the ‘strength he exhibited, John had no control over it. This was simply the power he possessed at Fourth Level Tribulator.

“John, stop being stubborn. Just admit your mistake quickly, and there might still be a chance for you.” Carla also turned to John, and offered his advice.

“Carla, I am really at Fourth Level Tribulator. If you don’t believe me, I’m open to being examined!” John said in a nonchalant tone!

Upon seeing John’s denial, the juridical elder snorted coldly, “Fine, we’ll conduct a full-body search on you. Don’t think you can hide anything under our scrutiny.” After that, several other juries simultaneously surrounded John. Each of them released their consciousness to envelope John!

John didn’t resist, and relaxed his mind to allow all traces of his cultivation level to radiate outward! For a full fifteen minutes, beads of sweat had formed on the foreheads of those juries. However, upon thorough investigation, it was indeed confirmed that John was only at the ‘cultivation level of Fourth Level Tribulator. That meant John neither lied nor concealed anything!

“This is really strange. He was truly just at Fourth Level Tribulator and there was hidden cultivation level!” The juridical elder expressed his confusion with a puzzled look on his face!

Upon hearing, Judd and the others were all shocked and stared at John with faces full of disbelief!

Titus shook his head, and asserted, “That’s impossible. He’s only at Fourth Level Tribulator, so how could he possibly defeat me, someone at Eighth Level Tribulator?”

“This can’t be. It’s absolutely impossible,” he insisted.

“This guy must have some hidden cultivation technique to conceal his cultivation level, so no one could detect it!” Titus refused to believe that he had been defeated by a cultivator at Fourth Level Tribulator!

“Titus, don’t underestimate our capabilities even though you’re currently the head disciple. We can still figure it out whether or not there is hidden cultivation level. Otherwise, there would be no point in us old folks being juries.” The juridical elder’s expression turned slightly irate as he addressed Titus.

“Please calm down, honorable juridical elder. That’s not what I meant…” Titus hastily apologized! However, John was indeed at Fourth Level Tribulator, which was a fact that surpassed everyone’s expectations. They all thought John had been concealing his true cultivation level!

“You are just making up other excuses because you can’t match up. Have you no shame?”

“I began to question how you managed to reach Eighth Level Tribulator. Did you use some kind of demonic technique to force your way up there?”

“People like you who don’t diligently practice their skills but dream of achieving instant success are not as strong as you think. Even if you’re currently at Eighth Level Tribulator, your power isn’t all that impressive!” John went ahead to mock Titus!

“Bullshit!” Titus’s face turned beet red. “You’re accusing me of practicing demonic technique!”

“If I were spouting nonsense, then why did you, a cultivator at Eighth Level Tribulator, lose to me, a mere Fourth Level Tribulator?”

“Can you explain to me if it is your incompetence, or what?” John spoke up once again!

Titus was seething with rage. He was the prided disciple of the sect leader and a respected deacon. Yet, he was now humiliated by John, a man who wasn’t even an outer court disciple of the sect. And to add insult to injury, this happened in front of so many people. It was an absolute humiliation!

“I didn’t lose. Who said I have lost? You think I’d be so easily defeated by you?” Titus let out a roar where his aura exploding once again

“Since you won’t give up until all avenues have been explored, I’ll just have to show you!” Fast

John gave a faint smile! Seeing the situation, the juridical elder waved his hand dismissively and commanded, “Everyone step back. The contest shall continue.” As the formation slowly reactivated, John once again faced off against Titus on the arena!

All it took was a gentle lift of Titus’s hands, and the sky changed color in an instant! Two clouds appeared above Titus’s head unexpectedly one red and one purple! Following that, two streaks of fire source ‘descended from the pair of clouds, landing directly into the palm of Titus’s hand! One of the flames was indeed the fire source of Violet Flame Sect. However, John couldn’t discern what kind of fire source the faint purple flame was! Everyone was taken aback as they looked at Titus with their faces filled with confusion!

“What kind of is Titus using, and how come there were two types?” “This is really strange. How come he has another kind of fire source besides the one from Violet Flame Sect?” Many people started whispering among themselves! Even the juridical elder couldn’t help but furrow his brows!

“This Titus was merely a deacon, yet he managed to master Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame. It seems that Mr. Morillo truly favor him.” The head judge clenched his teeth, and his eyes clearly reflecting a touch of displeasure! That faint purple flame was the violaceus flame of Violet Flame Sect. It was essentially a classified secret of the sect! All the disciples practiced with red fire source, and they simply couldn’t come into contact with this kind of light purple fire source! Even the mere knowledge of it was concealed, only those of the elder status had the privilege to access it!

The truth was not all the elders had the privilege of cultivating Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame! It really depended on the situation. For instance, those like them, the juridical elders, their power within Violet Flame Sect was inherently limited! Although they knew the existence of Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame, they simply couldn’t access it, let alone cultivate it! Yet now, Titus, who was merely a deacon, had unexpectedly mastered violaceus flame-the sect’s topsecret. How could this not infuriate these elders!

Moreover, the name “Violet Flame Sect” originated from this faint purple fire source! However, it was shocking that Titus had audaciously displayed Violet Flame Sect’s top secret fire technique in front of numerous disciples. This was absolutely forbidden!

‘In fact, Titus also knew that he shouldn’t have displayed this faint purple fire source in front of everyone! But he had to put all his other concerns aside if he wanted to defeat John!

John watched Titus and his heart brimmed with excitement as he beheld the faint purple fire source in his hand. This was another fire source, and if he could absorb it, he would then possess five different types of fire sources! However, how was John supposed to absorb the fire source discreetly in front of so many people? He couldn’t just blatantly seize the fire source and absorb it!

As John was contemplating how to absorb the fire source in Titus’s hand, the latter suddenly clapped his hands together with great force! The two intense fire source collided in an instant, and immediately erupted into an endless inferno that engulfed Titus!

Titus let out a piercing cry of agony, yet he didn’t struggle at all. He simply allowed the two types of fire source to consume his body!

“Did Titus lose his mind? Why did he set ‘himself on fire?”

“This is truly unbelievable. What on earth is going on!” Everyone was shocked upon seeing Titus in such a state! Even John was somewhat bewildered since he couldn’t comprehend what on earth Titus was trying to do!

Titus recklessly allowed the two fire sources to collide in a situation where they hadn’t merged. Isn’t this tantamount to courting death? At that moment, Titus found himself engulfed in flames. One half of his body was wrapped in a blazing red flame, while the other half was enveloped by a soft, purple flame! The two flames were clashing, and consuming Titus’s body relentlessly! He let out a wretched scream, as an eerie aura began to slowly emanate from his chest.

With the release of this mysterious aura, the two distinct fire source, which were originally incompatible, surprisingly began to slowly merge together within Titus’s chest!

Titus’s expression was twisted with disbelief. He couldn’t fathom how John, a cultivator of Fourth Level Tribulator, could possibly hold his own against him, a cultivator of Eighth Level Tribulator!

Accompanied by Titus’s roar, he once again unleashed a multitude of flaming sword auras!

John watched Titus, who was on the verge of madness, and a smirk spread across his face. He knew he had pushed Titus to the brink of collapse!

Boom! In an instant, John unleashed a surge of sword energy. The blade force directly shattered Titus’s flaming sword energy, and at the same time, it aimed straight for Titus, and sent him flying! Following that, Titus crashed down, stirring up clouds of dust!

At that moment, everyone’s faces were filled with utter shock! The fact that John could hold his own fight against Titus was shocking enough! But now, his single sword strike had sent Titus flying shockingly! This stark contrast was, indeed, something that everyone found hard to accept at that moment! A warrior of Fourth Level Tribulator sent a warrior of Eighth Level Tribulator flying with just a single sword strike. Was this some kind of joke?

“Even if there was a genius who could challenge those beyond their level, it was impossible to cross so many cultivation levels!” This had surpassed everyone’s understanding!

Judd opened his mouth wide as he was unable to believe what he said, “This… John actually managed to defeat Titus using his own strength?” Initially, everyone believed that Titus had fallen under an illusion, which was why he was ambushed by John! But what about now? That was a contest of pure strength. There was absolutely no room for cunning tricks or shortcuts! It was nothing but a pure contest of strength, and shockingly, Titus was even sent flying!

“It’s clear that John must have concealed his true skills. No wonder he dared to accept Titus’s challenge so casually!” Carla looked at John with admiration written all over her face. She was certain that John had been concealing his true strength! In fact, it was perfectly normal for some experts to conceal their true abilities due to a variety of reasons! And many people would do the same!

Just like John who kept his cultivation level suppressed at Fourth Level Tribulator. The truth was his true strength was incredibly high! In this way, Titus was made believe that his victory was undoubtedly assured! However, when it really came down to a duel, he was being subdued and attacked. This was a classic case of a wolf in sheep’s clothing! As a result, John’s reputation soared, leaving Titus utterly humiliated!

“It’s highly likely that John’s cultivation level surpasses even mine!” Judd also believed that John had been concealing his true capabilities! They could never have imagined that John was actually at Fourth Level Tribulator, and he made no effort to conceal his cultivation level! It was obvious that John’s status was far beyond what these ordinary cultivators could compare to, which was why this outcome was inevitable!

“It is despicable, and shameless to hide one’s true strength and struck when least expected. Such a lowly person cannot be allowed to join Violet Flame Sect.” Upon witnessing this scene, Adam quickly let out a loud shout! He believed that John had concealed his true strength to intentionally feign weakness to make Titus drop his guard! This kind of opportunistic approach wasn’t a true fight at all!

At this moment, the juridical elder also wore a stern expression! If John had indeed concealed his abilities from the start with the intention of catching Titus off guard, then this match could hardly be deemed fair! After all, this was an inner court disciple promotion match of Violet Flame Sect, not some sort of life or death match! There was no need to resort to such measures! Such a scheming individual was indeed not fit to be an inner court disciple of Violet Flame Sect!

“Brat, you have tricked me using your hidden abilities!” Titus picked himself up, and wiped off the fresh blood from the corner of his mouth!

At that moment, the juridical elder had already deactivated the arena’s formation and leaped onto the platform. His voice was cold and filled with anger as he said, “You intentionally concealed your true power, leading to your opponent’s misjudgment. Such a method of victory is dishonorable and does not meet the requirement of Violet Flame Sect.”

“You cannot become a court inner disciple of our sect. Go back to where you came from!” Upon witnessing the situation, Judd and Carla, along with others, hurriedly rushed onto the arena, intending to plead on behalf of John!

“Respected elder, my junior here has just joined us and is thus not fully aware of the rules. Could you please show leniency this time?”

“I will get him to reveal his cultivation level and subject himself to our inspection!”

After finishing his words, Judd quickly turned to John and said, “John, you need to fully unleash your potential, and there should be no more hiding. If you want to join Violet Flame Sect, you must be completely open.”

“Judd, I wasn’t concealing my level at all. I’m currently at Fourth Level Tribulator.” John said in a bewildered manner! He merely concealed his identity, but did not hide his cultivation technique at all. As for the ‘strength he exhibited, John had no control over it. This was simply the power he possessed at Fourth Level Tribulator.

“John, stop being stubborn. Just admit your mistake quickly, and there might still be a chance for you.” Carla also turned to John, and offered his advice.

“Carla, I am really at Fourth Level Tribulator. If you don’t believe me, I’m open to being examined!” John said in a nonchalant tone!

Upon seeing John’s denial, the juridical elder snorted coldly, “Fine, we’ll conduct a full-body search on you. Don’t think you can hide anything under our scrutiny.” After that, several other juries simultaneously surrounded John. Each of them released their consciousness to envelope John!

John didn’t resist, and relaxed his mind to allow all traces of his cultivation level to radiate outward! For a full fifteen minutes, beads of sweat had formed on the foreheads of those juries. However, upon thorough investigation, it was indeed confirmed that John was only at the ‘cultivation level of Fourth Level Tribulator. That meant John neither lied nor concealed anything!

“This is really strange. He was truly just at Fourth Level Tribulator and there was hidden cultivation level!” The juridical elder expressed his confusion with a puzzled look on his face!

Upon hearing, Judd and the others were all shocked and stared at John with faces full of disbelief!

Titus shook his head, and asserted, “That’s impossible. He’s only at Fourth Level Tribulator, so how could he possibly defeat me, someone at Eighth Level Tribulator?”

“This guy must have some hidden cultivation technique to conceal his cultivation level, so no one could detect it!” Titus refused to believe that he had been defeated by a cultivator at Fourth Level Tribulator!

“Titus, don’t underestimate our capabilities even though you’re currently the head disciple. We can still figure it out whether or not there is hidden cultivation level. Otherwise, there would be no point in us old folks being juries.” The juridical elder’s expression turned slightly irate as he addressed Titus.

“Please calm down, honorable juridical elder. That’s not what I meant…” Titus hastily apologized! However, John was indeed at Fourth Level Tribulator, which was a fact that surpassed everyone’s expectations. They all thought John had been concealing his true cultivation level!

“You are just making up other excuses because you can’t match up. Have you no shame?”

“I began to question how you managed to reach Eighth Level Tribulator. Did you use some kind of demonic technique to force your way up there?”

“People like you who don’t diligently practice their skills but dream of achieving instant success are not as strong as you think. Even if you’re currently at Eighth Level Tribulator, your power isn’t all that impressive!” John went ahead to mock Titus!

“Bullshit!” Titus’s face turned beet red. “You’re accusing me of practicing demonic technique!”

“If I were spouting nonsense, then why did you, a cultivator at Eighth Level Tribulator, lose to me, a mere Fourth Level Tribulator?”

“Can you explain to me if it is your incompetence, or what?” John spoke up once again!

Titus was seething with rage. He was the prided disciple of the sect leader and a respected deacon. Yet, he was now humiliated by John, a man who wasn’t even an outer court disciple of the sect. And to add insult to injury, this happened in front of so many people. It was an absolute humiliation!

“I didn’t lose. Who said I have lost? You think I’d be so easily defeated by you?” Titus let out a roar where his aura exploding once again

“Since you won’t give up until all avenues have been explored, I’ll just have to show you!” Fast

John gave a faint smile! Seeing the situation, the juridical elder waved his hand dismissively and commanded, “Everyone step back. The contest shall continue.” As the formation slowly reactivated, John once again faced off against Titus on the arena!

All it took was a gentle lift of Titus’s hands, and the sky changed color in an instant! Two clouds appeared above Titus’s head unexpectedly one red and one purple! Following that, two streaks of fire source ‘descended from the pair of clouds, landing directly into the palm of Titus’s hand! One of the flames was indeed the fire source of Violet Flame Sect. However, John couldn’t discern what kind of fire source the faint purple flame was! Everyone was taken aback as they looked at Titus with their faces filled with confusion!

“What kind of is Titus using, and how come there were two types?” “This is really strange. How come he has another kind of fire source besides the one from Violet Flame Sect?” Many people started whispering among themselves! Even the juridical elder couldn’t help but furrow his brows!

“This Titus was merely a deacon, yet he managed to master Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame. It seems that Mr. Morillo truly favor him.” The head judge clenched his teeth, and his eyes clearly reflecting a touch of displeasure! That faint purple flame was the violaceus flame of Violet Flame Sect. It was essentially a classified secret of the sect! All the disciples practiced with red fire source, and they simply couldn’t come into contact with this kind of light purple fire source! Even the mere knowledge of it was concealed, only those of the elder status had the privilege to access it!

The truth was not all the elders had the privilege of cultivating Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame! It really depended on the situation. For instance, those like them, the juridical elders, their power within Violet Flame Sect was inherently limited! Although they knew the existence of Violet Flame Sect’s violaceus flame, they simply couldn’t access it, let alone cultivate it! Yet now, Titus, who was merely a deacon, had unexpectedly mastered violaceus flame-the sect’s topsecret. How could this not infuriate these elders!

Moreover, the name “Violet Flame Sect” originated from this faint purple fire source! However, it was shocking that Titus had audaciously displayed Violet Flame Sect’s top secret fire technique in front of numerous disciples. This was absolutely forbidden!

‘In fact, Titus also knew that he shouldn’t have displayed this faint purple fire source in front of everyone! But he had to put all his other concerns aside if he wanted to defeat John!

John watched Titus and his heart brimmed with excitement as he beheld the faint purple fire source in his hand. This was another fire source, and if he could absorb it, he would then possess five different types of fire sources! However, how was John supposed to absorb the fire source discreetly in front of so many people? He couldn’t just blatantly seize the fire source and absorb it!

As John was contemplating how to absorb the fire source in Titus’s hand, the latter suddenly clapped his hands together with great force! The two intense fire source collided in an instant, and immediately erupted into an endless inferno that engulfed Titus!

Titus let out a piercing cry of agony, yet he didn’t struggle at all. He simply allowed the two types of fire source to consume his body!

“This is truly unbelievable. What on earth is going on!” Everyone was shocked upon seeing Titus in such a state! Even John was somewhat bewildered since he couldn’t comprehend what on earth Titus was trying to do!

Titus recklessly allowed the two fire sources to collide in a situation where they hadn’t merged. Isn’t this tantamount to courting death? At that moment, Titus found himself engulfed in flames. One half of his body was wrapped in a blazing red flame, while the other half was enveloped by a soft, purple flame! The two flames were clashing, and consuming Titus’s body relentlessly! He let out a wretched scream, as an eerie aura began to slowly emanate from his chest.

With the release of this mysterious aura, the two distinct fire source, which were originally incompatible, surprisingly began to slowly merge together within Titus’s chest!
You're playing with fire

Titus, you are playing with the master of all the various sects. No matter what you do, you'll still be defeated by him.

Chapter 3953 Demonic Black Lotus

“Could this guy actually have mastered the cultivation technique of merging with fire source?” Upon seeing the situation, John was immediately taken aback! He had thought that only Gael had the ability to merge different fire sources, but unexpectedly, Titus was also capable of this feat!

The truth was not everyone was capable of controlling fire source, and mastering fire fusion technique, which was even more challenging! After the two fire sources merged, their power had clearly increased significantly! The flames engulfing Titus surprisingly turned a deep brown, and his entire demeanor twisted grotesquely, making him look like a demon!

On Titus’s chest, a series of peculiar patterns emerged, and a black lotus flower bloomed! At that moment, Titus looked incredibly weird!

“How did this guy suddenly get demonic aura?” John’s eyes were filled with surprise! At first, Titus didn’t seem to possess any trace of demonic aura, making it impossible to identify him as a Demonic Cultivator. But now, he had somehow acquired a hint of it. Although the demonic aura was faint with just a sliver, it didn’t escape John’s notice!

“What’s going on here? Isn’t Titus cultivating our sect’s technique?” The juridical elder furrowed his brows. He had seemingly noticed something off about Titus! There was a buzz of discussion among the others as well. They had never seen this kind of technique before. However, what many failed to notice was that Titus had begun to emanate traces of demonic aura!

“Demonic black lotus. This guy is actually employing such a method to merge the fire sources!” At that moment, Vermilion Demon Lord spoke!

“Demonic black lotus?” John was taken aback!

“The black lotus on this guy’s chest is the demonic black lotus. This kind of black lotus needs to be nurtured within the body. Once it appears, it can merge with anything.”

“Just now, this guy used the fire source to fuse with the demonic black lotus. It’s not that he possesses the technique to fuse with the two fire sources.”

“However, after the demonic black lotus is unleashed, the cultivator will suffer severe damage. They would need to heal and rejuvenate themselves. If they are not careful, they might even get consumed by the black lotus.”

“Who would have thought that this guy harbored the demonic black lotus within him, and chose to unleash it at this moment! He’s clearly trying to end your life!” Vermilion Demon Lord expressed his surprise! After all, it was just a martial arts contest, not some deepseated vendetta.

Titus seemed ready to fight to the death by unleashing the demonic black lotus! It looks like this Titus really is a ruthless character!

“So, it seems that Titus isn’t a Demonic Cultivator? He also hasn’t mastered the fire fusion technique?” John asked!

“Indeed, his ability to do so was entirely due to the demonic black lotus. However, it’s unclear where this young man obtained the demonic black lotus.” Vermilion Demon Lord answered!

Upon hearing this, John let out a sigh of relief. If this guy had truly mastered the fire fusion technique, he’ll be a real piece of work! John was no longer afraid of the merging of the two fire sources using demonic black lotus! Once the demonic black lotus was destroyed, the two types of fire sources would naturally separate! That meant John could seize the opportunity to refine and absorb that faint purple fire source!

At that moment, Judd and the others were all extremely worried for John after witnessing Titus’s sudden transformation! However, John seemed completely at ease. Titus was still nothing more than an ant in front of him no matter how much effort he put in! “Just die…”

A terrifying aura surged around Titus as he looked at the demonic black lotus on his chest. He had regained his confidence! He was confident that he would definitely be able to defeat John with the power of the demonic black lotus! He couldn’t afford to be defeated by a Fourth Level Tribulator. Otherwise, he would lose his place in Violet Flame Sect. That would be no different from being drowned in other’s scorn and ridicule! Titus swung his arms, and a series of flames burst forth from the dark lotus on his chest!

Chapter 3954 Faint Purple Flame

The deep brown flame morphed into a few flaming dragons, and surrounded John! However, John didn’t dodge or flinch. He allowed himself to be enveloped by these fiery dragons!

John was determined to attempt to absorb and refine the faint purple fire source from within this brown flame! Since Titus’s fire source was not genuinely fused, John had the opportunity to absorb and refine it! If John were to defeat Titus now and directly absorb and refine the faint purple fire from within him, his act would undoubtedly be discovered and suspected!

Now, John had no choice but to take a risk to attempt to separate that faint purple fire source from the merged flames! Fortunately, John had already mastered the fire source of Violet Flame Sect, so he was able to distinguish it from the other flames. What remained was the faint purple fire source! However, John was unaware that this faint purple flame was also from Violet Flame Sect. In fact, it was a top-secret flame of Violet Flame Sect. It was so secretive that even the deacons of the sect were not privy to it. How could John possibly know about it?

John’s Golem Body was activated, and shrouded by the surrounding flames. If his invincible aura had been noticed, his identity could have been exposed! After all, John was the only one who could manifest Golem Body with his from covered in golden scales in the entire Ethereal Realm!

“John!”

“John…”

Upon seeing John not dodging or flinching, completely enveloped by the intense flames, both Judd and Carla were pale from shock and crying out in alarm! They couldn’t comprehend why John didn’t dodge. Could it be that he is unable to evade?

In truth, even Titus was somewhat taken aback. He hadn’t expected that he had managed to subdue John, ensnaring him in a shroud of flames with just one move! Titus also wondered why John didn’t dodge, or if he simply couldn’t dodge at all! However, there was no doubt John wouldn’t survive now that he was enveloped by that fire source!

Titus’s face was filled with a cold sneer as flames continued to burst out from the demonic black lotus! On the contrary, John’s demeanor remained incredibly relaxed under the cloak of flames! He didn’t feel the slightest bit of heat with an invincible aura shielding him, coupled with the circulation of extremus frost flame!

John saw the pulsating purple flame of Violet Flame Sect while watching the flames rise around him. Then, using the principle of attraction between fires of the same kind, he began to slowly separate Violet Flame Sect’s purple fire source from the flames. Quickly, a cluster of faint purple fire source began to dance before John’s eyes. The purple flame of Violet Flame Sect had already been drawn out!

Without a moment of hesitation, John opened his mouth to inhale, drawing the faint purple flame into his body! However, there was simply not enough of this fire source. Hence, it was impossible to refine it, so John proceeded to separate the two types of fire sources and absorb it again! As John separated himself from the incessant absorption of the fire source, the flames surrounding him surprisingly began to weaken!

Upon seeing the situation, John hurriedly withdrew his Golem Body, then feigned agony as he struggled amidst the flames! If Titus saw that John was unscathed, he probably wouldn’t continue using the fused fire source!

Soon, the flames gradually died out! John was somewhat disheveled, he was half- kneeling on the ground, seemingly unable to hold himself up! His body was still trembling.

“This is such a powerful fire source. I have never expected you to master the fire fusion technique.”

“If this continues to burn, I’ll be reduced to ashes!”

Originally, Titus was stunned to see that John was still alive. However, upon hearing John’s words, he chuckled and said, “Brat, now you realize how formidable I am. Well, it’s too late…”

As he spoke, Titus was about to unleash the fire source once again! “Stop! We surrender. We admit defeat…”

“Juridical elder, we surrender,” they pleaded.

“This is merely a test of skill, not a fight to the death. We can’t let Titus kill John!”

Upon seeing the situation, Judd and Carla immediately let out a loud cry! They had admitted defeat, and refused to let John continue the fight. If the fight had carried on, he would have been utterly destroyed!

“Hmph, it’s not like you guys were the ones fighting. What’s the point of you admitting defeat!” Titus let out a cold snort!

Chapter 3955 Admit Defeat

Arnold then turned to John and asked, “Are you admitting defeat? If you are, you won’t be allowed to participate in the challenge for the next three years!”

“I won’t forfeit, not even in death. Burn me to ashes if you dare!” John stood up, his face brimming with arrogance as he taunted. He was intent on provoking Titus so that the latter could unleash the fire source without restraint, even if the flame engulfed him. He wasn’t afraid of Titus’s fire source anyway.

“Red, stop talking and forfeit quickly! Otherwise, you’ll die from the fire,” Carla shouted.

“Red, stop being so stubborn!” Judd wore a troubled expression. He couldn’t understand why John was so stubborn. Just admit defeat already! It’s not like he’ll die from it!

John tilted his head back and said conceitedly, “I don’t have many talents but stubbornness is my strong suit. I refuse to admit defeat, even if it kills me!”

“Fine, I’ll burn your mouth and make you eat your words. We’ll see how long you can last.” Titus’s features contorted with anger. After a powerful leap, he crossed his arms before his chest. Shortly after, a vast network of interlacing flames emerged. The demonic black lotus quivered slightly, and after merging with the fire source, it erupted with a blistering heat. Everyone else would’ve sustained burns if the array hadn’t been in place.

“Mr. Nielsen, as a judge, would you really just stand by and watch the inner court disciples harm each other? This matter wouldn’t end with only Red’s death. You’d face harsh criticism too.” All Judd could do was coerce Arnold into intervening. Otherwise, John would truly meet his end in the arena. Arnold’s brow furrowed slightly, his expression was decidedly displeased. He was an elder, after all, yet Judd dared to threaten him. Moreover, Arnold knew his place. With his ability, he feared being unable to stop them if he decided to intervene. After all, Titus was an Eighth Level Tribulator and had even refined the violaceus flame of the Violet Flame Sect. Those fire sources were unlike anything ordinary elders like him had ever seen before. After much consideration, Arnold finally pressed the switch, deactivating the array.

“Stop!” Following that, Arnold, in tandem with several other judges, acted together to intercept Titus’s attack.

“Titus, the outcome has already been decided, so there’s no need to finish him off,” Arnold advised. Resignation filled John at the interception. He really wanted to curse at the juridical elder for being a busybody if he could. Titus frowned. He was determined to kill John, even if it meant using the violaceus flame and unleashing the demonic black lotus. After that battle, Titus might’ve needed to recuperate for a good while, perhaps even a year or more. Having paid such a high price, he simply couldn’t accept John losing without repercussions. Moreover, John hadn’t yet admitted defeat.

“Mr. Nielsen, the opponent hasn’t forfeited yet. Are you planning to intervene by force?” Titus questioned with fury brimming in his eyes.

“Even though he didn’t admit defeat, the outcome was clear. Both of you are from the same sect, there’s no need to go all out, right?” Arnold advised slowly.

“What if I don’t stop?” Titus’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“If you don’t cease now, then us old-timers will have no choice but to engage with you. Moreover, this matter will also be brought to Mr. Morrilo’s attention. Even though you’re Mr. Morrilo’s prided disciple, you’ve broken the rules of our sect. Let’s see if Mr. Morrilo will spare you for that!” Arnold threatened.

Titus felt somewhat deflated at the warning. Things might escalate if I attack. Just as Titus was about to let John off the hook, John became frantic.

“Who asked you to meddle? I’m still here, waiting to take him down. Quit being a busybody! Even if I were to die in the arena, I would still not admit defeat.” John unleashed a barrage of sharp remarks at Arnold, causing the latter to be absolutely livid.

Chapter 3956 Scream More!

“Red, mind your manners! How can you speak to Mr. Nielsen like that?” Judd quickly reprimanded.

Meanwhile, Arnold’s temper spiked at the insult. “You ungrateful bastard! Continue then if you want to compete!” Arnold got off the arena, reactivating the array.

At that point, Judd and Carla were thrown into a panic.

Titus’s lips curved into a sneer.

“You’re digging your own grave, brat! Since you’re so eager to meet your maker, I’ll be more than happy to oblige!” His hands moved ceaselessly. Wave after wave of intense flames engulfed the entire arena.

John was thrilled, standing still while the flames engulfed him. The more intense this fire source burns, the more of that pale purple flame there seems to be! That way, I can seize the opportunity to try refining this violet fire source.

John let out a cry of agony, yet he was smiling and continuously absorbed the violet flames from the fire source. When his screams carried into Titus’s ears, it sent him into a frenzy of exhilaration.

“Scream more! The louder you scream, the more excited I am!” Glee crossed Titus’s face as he continually stoked the fire source. Judd and Carla were beside themselves with worry as they listened to John’s distressing screams.

“Man, Red really dug his own grave. He’s a rich kid, but why is he so stupid?” Carla sighed. What a pity of a wealthy, young man who captures my interest! It’s unfortunate that he isn’t too bright. With his stubbornness to boot, he’s nothing short of a fool!

With a sigh, Judd started thinking of an explanation to Dario. What was supposed to be a challenge of the inner court disciples had shockingly escalated into a death match. Everyone watched dumbfounded as the fire source engulfed John. Moreover, John’s screams were chilling to the bone. Thirty minutes passed. Then, an hour passed.

An hour and a half later, sweat started to bead on Titus’s forehead, and the flames from the demonic black lotus began to weaken. Yet, John’s agonized cry persisted. So much time had passed, yet he still wouldn’t die and just kept on screaming. Though his cries were heart-wrenching, there wasn’t the slightest hint of it becoming weaker. It was as resonant as ever.

“Ah, I’m dying! It’s too hot! Stop the fire! I’m dying! If this goes on, I’ll turn to ashes!” The only difference was that John’s cries grew more desperate, but astonishingly, Titus’s fire source had weakened. He wished Titus could hold on a little longer so that the fire source didn’t extinguish so quickly.

Titus gritted his teeth, feeling like he was on the verge of losing his sanity. However, at that moment, he didn’t want to give up, for John was clearly on the brink of death. If he gave up then, wouldn’t all his previous efforts be wasted? Thus, Titus gritted his teeth and persevered, but the fire source within him couldn’t hold out much longer. Especially, the violaceus flame. He hadn’t had much time to refine and master it.

The faint purple fire source was nearly extinguished, and the demonic black lotus couldn’t hold on any longer. It was important to note that unleashing the demonic black lotus had a significant backlash on Titus’s body! Such a long time had passed, and Titus’s body had already suffered severe damage by then. After that battle, he would likely need a considerable amount of time to recover. Fuck! This guy’s already half-dead anyway. Even if the fire doesn’t kill him, I can just beat him to death! Titus withdrew his fire source at the thought.

Meanwhile, John still screamed in agony, not noticing that Titus had withdrawn his fire source. Everyone watched as John’s body remained unscathed yet he was writhing and pretending to cry out in agony.

“I’m dying! This fire source is too much! My arm is gone!” John shouted. Titus was utterly dumbfounded at the sight. What’s going on? Despite the risk, I’ve suffered a backlash and even revealed the violaceus flame, but why did Red seem unscathed? Moreover, judging by his behavior, it was clear that he was just putting on an act!

Thanks a immortal @Gily for the hard work and resources. Out of all of our protagonists Dustin, John, Levi and others, John seems be more playful, cunning, pervert, wicked and sex addict. Now, i have a question are all sex addicts, naturally cunning, wicked, playful and pervert or is it otherwise. While master Emeka is a sex addict, i don't see him as cunning or wicked. While master Xavier is pervert, i don't see him as sex addict. While master King may be playful and sex addict, I don't see him as cunning or wicked as well. I am not able to categorise Prosper under any category. Please enlighten me. Because of my low level cultivation I am not able to probe the above mentioned people's sexual aura. But I have always advised my sect members to be wary of them.

Chapter 3956 Scream More!

“Red, mind your manners! How can you speak to Mr. Nielsen like that?” Judd quickly reprimanded.

Meanwhile, Arnold’s temper spiked at the insult. “You ungrateful bastard! Continue then if you want to compete!” Arnold got off the arena, reactivating the array.

At that point, Judd and Carla were thrown into a panic.

Titus’s lips curved into a sneer.

“You’re digging your own grave, brat! Since you’re so eager to meet your maker, I’ll be more than happy to oblige!” His hands moved ceaselessly. Wave after wave of intense flames engulfed the entire arena.

John was thrilled, standing still while the flames engulfed him. The more intense this fire source burns, the more of that pale purple flame there seems to be! That way, I can seize the opportunity to try refining this violet fire source.

John let out a cry of agony, yet he was smiling and continuously absorbed the violet flames from the fire source. When his screams carried into Titus’s ears, it sent him into a frenzy of exhilaration.

“Scream more! The louder you scream, the more excited I am!” Glee crossed Titus’s face as he continually stoked the fire source. Judd and Carla were beside themselves with worry as they listened to John’s distressing screams.

“Man, Red really dug his own grave. He’s a rich kid, but why is he so stupid?” Carla sighed. What a pity of a wealthy, young man who captures my interest! It’s unfortunate that he isn’t too bright. With his stubbornness to boot, he’s nothing short of a fool!

With a sigh, Judd started thinking of an explanation to Dario. What was supposed to be a challenge of the inner court disciples had shockingly escalated into a death match. Everyone watched dumbfounded as the fire source engulfed John. Moreover, John’s screams were chilling to the bone. Thirty minutes passed. Then, an hour passed.

An hour and a half later, sweat started to bead on Titus’s forehead, and the flames from the demonic black lotus began to weaken. Yet, John’s agonized cry persisted. So much time had passed, yet he still wouldn’t die and just kept on screaming. Though his cries were heart-wrenching, there wasn’t the slightest hint of it becoming weaker. It was as resonant as ever.

“Ah, I’m dying! It’s too hot! Stop the fire! I’m dying! If this goes on, I’ll turn to ashes!” The only difference was that John’s cries grew more desperate, but astonishingly, Titus’s fire source had weakened. He wished Titus could hold on a little longer so that the fire source didn’t extinguish so quickly.

Titus gritted his teeth, feeling like he was on the verge of losing his sanity. However, at that moment, he didn’t want to give up, for John was clearly on the brink of death. If he gave up then, wouldn’t all his previous efforts be wasted? Thus, Titus gritted his teeth and persevered, but the fire source within him couldn’t hold out much longer. Especially, the violaceus flame. He hadn’t had much time to refine and master it.

The faint purple fire source was nearly extinguished, and the demonic black lotus couldn’t hold on any longer. It was important to note that unleashing the demonic black lotus had a significant backlash on Titus’s body! Such a long time had passed, and Titus’s body had already suffered severe damage by then. After that battle, he would likely need a considerable amount of time to recover. Fuck! This guy’s already half-dead anyway. Even if the fire doesn’t kill him, I can just beat him to death! Titus withdrew his fire source at the thought.

Meanwhile, John still screamed in agony, not noticing that Titus had withdrawn his fire source. Everyone watched as John’s body remained unscathed yet he was writhing and pretending to cry out in agony.

“I’m dying! This fire source is too much! My arm is gone!” John shouted. Titus was utterly dumbfounded at the sight. What’s going on? Despite the risk, I’ve suffered a backlash and even revealed the violaceus flame, but why did Red seem unscathed? Moreover, judging by his behavior, it was clear that he was just putting on an act!
Smart dude😀