The Lawyer’s Romance in Law

Novel The Lawyer’s Romance in Law is an amazing story about a young woman Elias Winters and rich people Amanda Bailey. After being secretly married for a year, Elias Winters brought his mistress home but was confronted by his wife, Amanda Bailey, who presented him with a positive pregnancy test. Falsely accusing her of infidelity, he vowed never to see her again. Four years later, Amanda returned to the country as a successful barrister, causing Elias to cling to her and beg for reconciliation. He even went as far as kneeling in the rain, seeking her forgiveness. However, Amanda remained unmoved. It was then that their child rushed out and asked about Elias. He was shocked because he had always believed that she had aborted the child. To his surprise, the little one standing before him was a spitting image of himself!

Last edited:
Chapter 412 Mr Winters Had Remarried

Symeon looked at Amanda. "Do you feel uncomfortable after such a long trip?"

"No." She replied as she sat down on the sofa across from him.

As soon as she sat down, Symeon gestured with his eyes for the bodyguard sitting next to him to leave; thus, the bodyguard tactfully left the waiting room.

He picked up the glass of ice water next to him and took a sip. "With your identity, it's unlikely that you can enter the Lawrence Family, so you can only be my mistress. As for the child, we will acknowledge him since he belongs to the Lawrence Family."

She felt speechless as she would be invisible even if she went there since they focused on their child, not. the mother.

D"mn it! I don't care about the Lawrence Family at all!

Amanda smiled and said, "It doesn't matter, and it's enough as long as I can be with my son,

Symeon was quite satisfied but also somewhat surprised to receive this response since the position of Mrs. Lawrence was something many women dreamed of, but she seemed indifferent.

He looked at her with interest and examined every subtle expression on her face. "You don't want to be my wife and you're not after this position?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you weren't after these things, why did you climb into my bed and take the risk of having my child?" He was puzzled.

She smiled as that was a good question. I shall ask Melissa about it. How will I know?

However, Amanda could only give a superficial answer now just for her child's sake. "Maybe I thought. about it before, but not anymore." "Why?" he asked.

"This is because I know this position doesn't belong to me." She picked up her phone and started scrolling through the videos.

Symeon directly took her phone away. She looked up at him with a puzzle.

He said, "By my side, you are not allowed to use any communication devices."

"Why? Who says so?" She questioned.

"No reason. It's my rule." He closed his eyes and didn't intend to continue the conversation with her.

Amanda felt a little panicked. If that is the case, how can I contact Yacob and find out if Elias has woken up in the Southern Province? How can I contact that woman?

In the hospital ward, Yacob felt extremely anxious when he stood by the bed and looked at the unconscious Mr. Winters.

Amanda is about to go to Esmos, but my master still hasn't woken up. What shall I do?

He wanted to stop Amanda, but he had to let her go for the sake of Aiden,

"Mr. Winters, please wake up soon! It's too late!" Yacob knew Mr. Winters would be furious if he woke up and discovered that Amanda had taken such a risk. There was a knock on the door from outside.

Who is it?

A nurse or a doctor?

There were not many people knew about Mr. Winters' car accident. Yacob turned around and opened the door, only to see Taylor and Rosie, a brother and sister, standing outside. "Why is it you? Why are you here?" Who tells this brother and sister?

While Yacob was still wondering. Rosie rushed into the ward and shouted at the unconscious man. "Eli, Eli, wake up! How did you become like this? You..."

"Are you crazy? Why are you shouting? Can't you see how seriously injured Mr. Winters is!" He quickly stepped forward and pulled her away.

Taylor also came to the bedside and couldn't help but sigh when he saw the scene. "It's only been a month. How did it... become like this?"

"Both of you, don't be in a hurry to grieve. I want to ask who told you about Mr. Winters' accident." Rosie was immersed in grief and couldn't say a word, and she looked at her brother, Taylor.

Taylor sighed. "She insisted on going to the estate to see Mr. Winters but the butler accidentally let it slip, and we found out this. However, just realized how seriously injured he was after I came to the hospital. Was it a car accident?"

Yacob snorted and didn't want to talk to them anymore.

Rosie reached out to hold the man's hand, but Yacob pushed her away with disdain. "Miss Momsey, please behave yourself as Mr. Winters has already remarried. In other words, he is now a married man. Please don't touch him."

"Remarried? I don't believe it! If they're remarried, where is Amanda? Since Mr. Winters is in a situation like this, shouldn't she be waiting for him to wake up?" Rosie cried out in tears. "Why are you shouting? This is a hospital room and Mr. Winters needs rest. If you want to shout, please go outside. Besides, Amanda has been here for a few days already," Yacob replied. "Huh... I don't believe it until I see her. You said they're remarried, so please show me the marriage certificate!" She was demanding and didn't hear any news about Mr. Winters' remarriage. Yacob lost his patience and forcefully pulled her out of the ward. "Enough. Both of you have visited him. so please go back as it's late, and Mr. Winters needs rest

Taylor looked at the man lying on the bed without signs of waking up. He couldn't help but ask, "How long will it take him to wake up? He's been unconscious for several days?"

"I don't know. The doctor didn't say. So, you should leave quickly and let Mr. Winters rest. He needs to wake up soon."

After speaking. Yacob told concerned the siblings. "I warn you not to take advantage of his weakness or spread the news of Mr. Winters' car accident. Otherwise, when he wakes up, you will bear the consequences."

Taylor said indignantly. "Who do you think I am? Am that shameless? I will do it when he is conscious even if I have a conflict with him.

"Rosie, let's go. Good intentions are often met with ingratitude. It's not like anyone cares to see him, he said as he was about to leave with his sister, but Rosie's feet seemed rooted to the spot and motionless. "Taylor, please go back first. I want to stay with Eli as he must be very lonely now, and I want to stay with him until he wakes up..."

Even Yacob couldn't help but feel annoyed. "Miss Morisey, please go back. Mr. Winters really needs rest. Furthermore, what does it mean for you to stay by his side at this late hour? I've already said that Mr. Winters has remarried and he is now a married man."

"Then, I'll wait for him to wake up and let him tell me personally!" She stubbornly refused to leave.

Yacob lost his patience and forcefully pulled Rosie out of the ward. "Do whatever you want, but you cannot enter the ward or get close to Mr. Winters. This is also an order he gave me before. If you're not satisfied, please wait for him to wake up and complain to him to punish me or even fire me. In short, Tam now carrying out my duties."

After speaking, he closed the door to the ward.

Taylor couldn't help but be furious when he looked at Yacob's terrible attitude. "This lackey thinks he's Mr. Winters' brother, but he's just a bodyguard."

Chapter 413 Hurry and Bring the Child Over

Rosie stood still and watched the door of the hospital room. "Taylor, you should go back first. I want to stay here and wait for Eli to wake up and see it with my own eyes before I can feel at ease."

Everyone knew she had feelings for Elias, but it was also well-known that Elias didn't like her.

If facing the rejection from Yacob made Taylor feel ashamed, then Rosie's reaction now wholly baffled him.

"Rosie, don't you have any self-respect? They've already kicked you out, and you still want to wait here for him to wake up? Besides, Elias will still treat you with indifference even if he wakes up. What are you expecting? It's been so many years. Can't you find someone else to like?" Taylor was so angry that he was about to spit blood. He couldn't understand why his sister couldn't get over the same man.

"Taylor, please don't bother me. How can I sleep at home if I can't see Eli wake up?" she said.

Taylor looked at his stubborn sister and angrily turned away as he couldn't be bothered with her anymore.

Elias watched everything in the corridor through the glass inside the hospital room. He said nothing. returned to his position, and never left Mr. Winters' side.

At the airport.

Amanda sat in the first-class cabin, covered with a thin blanket, staring blankly out the window.

The man beside her looked at her delicate profile, wondering what she was thinking.

The plane would land in a few hours, and Amanda didn't know where she would go from there since Symeon himself hadn't figured it out yet.

The child was his, the heir of the Lawrences, and would never be abandoned.

But what about Amanda?

He stared at the side of her face and ignored the bodyguard next to him, who had called him several times.

"Master?"

Symeon turned to look at the bodyguard. "What is it?"

"I was asking, after you arrive in New Montana, where will Miss Bailey be staying? Will it be at the Lawrence Estate?" the bodyguard asked.

He answered, "Yes, I'll figure it out after seeing the child.

The bodyguard asked again, "How should I answer if your father asks? What about Miss Elizabeth if she asks?"

Elizabeth was his fiancée. She was a possessive and strong woman who would eliminate any woman standing next to him and not allow any woman to be around him. Symeon glanced at Amanda while thinking of her sharp tongue and smiled. "Let Amanda handle it herself. She's a lawyer, so she should be able to handle this kind of thing"

He acted as if it had nothing to do with him.

The bodyguard said nothing more because he understood what his master meant.

Symeon unintentionally looked at Amanda's profile again, wondering what she was thinking with such a heavy heart.

At this moment, she looked out the window while thinking about Aiden and Elias.

These two men were the most important in her life. Melissa kidnapped one, and the other was injured and unconscious after being hit by Melissa.

Now, she hated Melissa, as she had disrupted her peaceful and soon-to-be happy life.

If she saw Melissa, she would tear her mouth apart without hesitation.

But...

Why did the name Melissa sound so familiar? She felt like she had heard it somewhere but couldn't remember where.

In the hospital in Cludan.

The next morning in early dawn, Yacob came out of the hospital room and was ready to have breakfast outside, but when he pushed open the door, he saw a woman sitting on the nearby recliner. Rosie had stayed here all night.

He thought this wealthy young lady would have left long ago, so why was she still here? "Miss Momsey? Rosie?"

Rosie was half-asleep, but she heard someone calling her name and instantly woke up, thus immediately. standing up. "What's the matter? Has Eli woken up?"

When she saw that it was Yacob, her face showed a hint of disappointment. "It's you. Has Eli woken up?"

"No, but why did you stay here all night? Go back. After saying that, Yacob beckoned his subordinates to watch over Mr. Winters and went to have breakfast himself.

Rosie wanted to go inside, but he stopped her. "Feel free to wait outside, but if you want to go inside, just forget it, as Mr. Winters doesn't want to see you. Even if he wakes up, you will be the last person he wants to see."

He glanced at her coldly, then turned and walked toward the end of the corridor.

She could only helplessly stay outside the hospital room and looked through the glass at the man lying on the bed.

In New Montana, Esmos.

The car slowly stopped inside the estate.

Amanda was stunned by the magnificent building in front of her since it was truly spectacular, like the mansion of a hundred-year-old aristocratic family.

Symeon approached her and said, "The housekeeper will take you to rest later. Please bring the child here as soon as possible and don't waste my time because I have a lot of things to do."

She frowned. "But you took my phone and didn't let me contact the outside world. How can I have someone bring the child over?"

She said it so confidently that it caught him off guard.

He glanced at the bodyguard behind him and said, "Keep an eye on her and let her bring the child back as soon as possible."

"Yes."

After speaking, Symeon walked in the opposite direction.

The bodyguard handed the phone to Amanda. "Miss Bailey, bring the young master back quickly. The master as well as his father has been waiting for the child's return."

The butler stood by, seemingly waiting for her to finish the call before taking her to rest.

These two people wouldn't let her make a phone call alone.

Amanda didn't care about that and directly dialed Melissa's number.

After a while, the call connected, and Melissa's voice came from the other end. "What's wrong? Have you arrived in New Montana?"

"Bring the child over quickly. Mr. Lawrence wants to see his son." Amanda looked at the bodyguard and the butler while she said this to make sure they could hear it.

On the other end of the phone, Melissa remained silent for a few seconds before saying. "Tomorrow, I will bring the child over, but you have to obediently stay by Symeon's side with the child. Otherwise, I will continue with my plans and give you one surprise after another."

"What else do you want to do?" Amanda was almost amused by anger. She was urged to rush to the other end of the phone and tear this woman apart.

Melissa replied, "Heh... Don't forget that Elias is still lying unconscious in the hospital in Cludan, so I can make him stay unconscious forever. I will continue my plans if you don't listen to me."

Chapter 414 Symeon's Fiancée

Amanda clenched her phone tightly while gritting her teeth. "Melissa, do I have some deep grudge with you? Why are you tormenting the people around me like this?"

"We have no deep grudge, but just blame your bad luck as you happened to encounter such a malicious. woman like me. I just want to achieve my goal, that's all After speaking. Melissa hung up the phone directly.

Amanda was so angry that she threw her phone onto the lawn.

The bodyguard picked up the phone and looked at her angry expression while asking. "Miss Bailey, are the people you hired not obedient? Do you want us to teach them a lesson?"

"No need. The child will be sent over tomorrow!" After speaking, she walked toward the villa area and glanced at the indifferent butler. Take me back to my room. I need to rest."

The butler exchanged a glance with the bodyguard and then followed her footsteps.

The next day, at noon, a taxi stopped outside the Lawrence Estate.

The car door opened, and Aiden got off the car by himself. He felt timid when looking at the unfamiliar faces before him.

However, when he saw Amanda, he immediately smiled and ran towards her.

"Mommy!"

"Aiden!"

Amanda was still wondering why only Aiden was allowed to come. Was Melissa going too far? Wasn't she afraid of losing the child?

However, when she saw her son rushing toward her, she couldn't care about that anymore and hugged him.

Symeon saw the little guy running towards Amanda and couldn't help but smile. He instructed the bodyguard beside him, "Pay attention to the surroundings and see if anyone is secretly watching." He didn't believe someone would be so audacious to let a child come alone.

"Mommy, why are you here, and why does the pretty lady say I have a new daddy?" He looked at Amanda curiously, glanced at Symeon beside her, and timidly hid in Amanda's embrace.

Amanda didn't know how to explain at this moment, so she could only hold the baby tightly in her arms.

-She didn't know how long had passed when Symeon said. "It's time to eat. Let's take the child to have a

meal."

She just held him in her arms and remained silent.

In the dining room of Lawrence Estate, Amanda sat at the long dining table, watching Aiden eating like a piglet since his mouth was full of oil.

On the other hand, Symeon sat across from them and looked at them like a gentleman. However, she felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Aren't you hungry? Why aren't you eating? Don't you like Western food? Do you want to have Cludian cuisine?" He noticed that she didn't even touch her knife and fork, as if it didn't suit her taste.

At some point, he started to care about this woman as he thought it might be a kind of guilt because he couldn't give her a future and had to take away her child.

Amanda shook her head. "I'm not very hungry. Let him eat."

She looked at her son's appearance and wondered why Melissa didn't give him food. How could he be so hungry? "Don't they give you food?"

Aiden ate the steak with big bites and said childishly. "Mommy, the chef here cooks really delicious food. Can we come here often?"

She felt speechless.

Aiden is such a foodie. If Elias hears his son say this, he will probably be so angry that he will spit blood on the spot.

Amanda didn't say anything. She picked up the juice in front of her and took a sip.

On the other hand, Symeon couldn't help but look at the little guy running toward Amanda with a smile.

Whose personality is he like? It shouldn't be me; I do not have this personality. It must be like his mother.

Symeon's gaze involuntarily drifted to Amanda's face again. This woman was quite beautiful, especially her eyes, gentle yet bright, even with a hint of seductiveness.

At this moment, the sound of high heels came from outside the dining room.

His expression changed slightly as soon as he heard the sound of high heels. He seemed to dislike this sound.

He picked up his glass of iced water and took a sip.

Then, the sound of high heels got closer and closer, entering the dining room. A woman's clear voice sounded. "Symeon, you're back but why didn't you inform me? I could have picked you up."

He looked him up and saw his fiancée, Elizabeth, a strong-willed woman with extreme possessiveness towards

He didn't answer but just nodded lightly.

Her gaze shifted from Symeon to the mother and son, and her smile gradually disappeared.

She had heard that Symeon had brought back a mother and son. It was said that this child was his illegitimate child, and this trip to Cludan was to bring back the Lawrence Family's heir.

Elizabeth almost went crazy with anger when she learned about this. However, when she thought about how her fiancée, a man like Symeon, could have such a clean private life, she realized that countless women had tried every means to climb into his bed.

She didn't blame Symeon or this illegitimate child, but she absolutely couldn't let this woman stay by Symeon's side.

Elizabeth looked at Amanda, carefully examined her appearance from top to bottom, and smiled slightly. "Hello, I'm Elizabeth, Symeon's fiancée."

She declared her sovereignty at first. The meaning was clear to ask Amanda not to have any crooked ideas.

Amanda understood the meaning behind her words, but she never thought about what would happen between her and Symeon. She only thought about how to escape from here with her son. "Hello, I'm Amanda."

"You seem to be Cludanian? Is this child yours?" Elizabeth asked with a tone that not revealing a hint of jealousy as if she could fully accept it. Amanda glanced at her and said, "It's better for you to ask Mr. Lawrence yourself. I'm not obligated to answer your questions."

Upon hearing her answer, Symeon smiled as if he appreciated Amanda's response and encouraged her to continue provoking Elizabeth.

Elizabeth was already going crazy with jealousy when she saw Symeon's appreciative gaze. How can he look at another woman with such eves?

However, Elizabeth still pretended to be calm. "Alright, can't you at least answer whether you like Symeon or not?"

Amanda couldn't help but sneer and looked up at the beautiful and elegant lady. "No, I don't want to answer. She picked up a napkin and wiped her son's greasy mouth, saying, "Aiden, are you full? Let's return to our room, as it's time for your nap."

"Huh? Mommy, I'm not full yet..." Aiden stared at the dessert that had just been served and hadn't even tasted it yet, but he was about to be dragged away by his mommy.

However, she picked him up and ordered, "We're leaving even if you're not full!”

Chapter 415 Amanda's Assertive Counterattack

When confronted with Amanda's remarkably impolite behavior, Symeon surprisingly said nothing, as if he were condoning her actions.

Elizabeth watched as Amanda left, holding the child, then shifted her gaze to the man's silent expression. Her frustration simmered within her.

"Symeon, please don't tell me that this is the mother of your illegitimate child. Her words were infused with disdain, as if she were mocking his taste in women.

However, Symeon let out a soft chuckle and looked up at her. "Indeed, that's the case. That child is also mine. If you can't bear it, you can propose breaking off our engagement. I will cooperate with your decision. After all, I wouldn't want to hinder your happiness for the rest of your life."

With that said, he slowly rose from his seat, ready to leave the dining room.

Elizabeth stood there, dumbfounded. She had never expected Symeon to say such words, as if he genuinely didn't care about her feelings.

She clenched her fists and followed behind the man. Despite her desire to curse in her rage, she still maintained the composure of a noble lady. "Symeon, you must know that our identities forbid us to casually mention breaking off the engagement. Neither my family nor yours would approve."

"So what?"

"So, we can only get married," Elizabeth'replied with a smile remaining on her face.

Symeon, however, sneered. "It's precisely because of the challenge that we need to collaborate for mutual success. If you have a man you like, I can fulfill your wishes. There's no need to waste your entire life tied to me. Let me make it clear. I won't love any woman."

"May I ask why?"

Elizabeth had long seen through Symeon's cold and heartless demeanor, yet she couldn't help but yearn for some special treatment within his heart.

Symeon came to a halt and looked at her. "There's no why, and I'm not obligated to tell you."

When Elizabeth thought of that woman from earlier, she couldn't suppress her jealousy and anger.

"Then, may I ask you a question? Why could that woman climb into your bed? Why were you willing to touch her? Why would you even allow her to bear your child?"

She asked three questions in one breath, though they all boiled down to one query. She wanted to know why Symeon would have made love with another woman.

After lulling the baby to sleep, Amanda slipped away alone to wander around..

This place was too vast that it was easy to get lost in, so she didn't dare venture too far.

Unfortunately, as soon as she walked down the stairs, she ran into Symeon's fiancée.

At that moment, Amanda considered a swift retreat, but Elizabeth's voice came from behind. "Stop. Why the sudden escape upon seeing me? Am I really that scary?"

This woman was undeniably tenacious.

Amanda sighed inwardly, then she turned around and answered fluently in Esmorian, "Excuse me, do you have something to find me for? It seems we don't have much to talk about." She didn't want to have too much involvement with Symeon's fiancée. She seemed like a tough character and a jealous woman who couldn't have what she desired.

"Of course, there's plenty to talk about."

Elizabeth looked at Amanda with a murderous gaze. If she could, she would have killed this woman on the spot.

Amanda looked calm. "Aren't you his fiancée? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to talk to him directly?"

"I just want to see what charm you have that capture Symeon's interest."

Elizabeth approached and carefully inspected the beauty in front of her. What kind of allure did she have to bewitch that man, even to the point of having his child? Symeon had always stayed away from women. Many people wanted to get close to and please him, offering him various types of beauty, but he had never been moved. Elizabeth had even suspected he might be gay, but that didn't seem likely now. Otherwise, where did the child come from?

So, that meant Symeon did have sentiments and attraction toward women, just not toward her.

As this realization sank in, she clenched her fists, her nails sinking deep into her palms.

Amanda crossed her arms and raised her delicate chin slightly, looking disdainful. "Symeon is a normal man, so why don't you ask him such a question instead of me? I'm not him. How would I know?" "Of course I should ask you. There are many women more beautiful than you, but Symeon doesn't show interest in any of them. Why is it that he's inexplicably drawn to you? Could it be that you've played some sort of tricks?"

Elizabeth looked down on this woman with contempt, deeming her unworthy of Symeon's status, yet she had a child out of wedlock with him. Amanda sneered. "You're just bullying the weak and fearing the strong. You don't dare to question your own fiancé, so you come to bully me."

"You should have known you'll never be accepted into the Lawrence Family. Don't hold on to any hope. Symeon won't marry you. Even if you have his child, it will eventually become mine. You won't even be able to be its mother."

Amanda finally grasped the situation-Symeon's fiancée was now asserting dominance. However, Amanda didn't even care about Symeon, so what was the point of engaging with this woman?

Amanda looked speechless. "Miss Elizabeth, I'm not interested in your man. Please hold his heart and have him release me as soon as possible. I have no intention of staying here and bothering you either." In the face of Amanda's words, Elizabeth was momentarily stunned. She thought Amanda was purposely mocking her.

The next instant, a resounding slap landed on Amanda's face, the sound echoing sharply while the impact left a red, swollen mark.

Elizabeth looked at Amanda's rapidly reddening cheek. An inexplicable sense of satisfaction coursed through her.

At last, her pent-up anger was vented.

Amanda's face was twisted to the side from the force of the slap. She couldn't react for a moment. Did Symeon's fiancée just casually slap her?

Amanda wasn't even Symeon's lover, so why should she endure such humiliation?

Elizabeth looked at her startled expression as her previous arrogance had completely gone, which brought her some relief.

"You, as a mistress, shouldn't be so arrogant. I-Elizabeth's words had barely finished when Amanda slapped her face even harder than Elizabeth's before.

Elizabeth was left flabbergasted. How could this woman dare to lay hands on her? Did she have who she was dealing with?

"You dare to slap me, you-

Before Elizabeth could finish her sentence, Amanda slapped her again. Elizabeth didn't even have the strength to fight back. She stumbled back two steps, looking incredulously at the fragile-looking woman before her.

"I don't care who you are. So what if you're Lawrence's fiancée? Does that mean you can hit people at will? The slap just now was just for self-defense!"

Chapter 416 In a Vegetative State?

After Amanda finished speaking, she sighed in relief, flicked her long hair, and walked toward her room. without looking back.

"Stop right there! You b*tch! How dare you lay a hand on me! Stop right there!"

Yet, no matter how loudly Elizabeth shouted from behind, Amanda paid her no mind and continued walking up the spiral staircase.

Elizabeth was so enraged that she wanted to tear that woman apart on the spot. However, at that moment, she realized several maids had just witnessed the scene. What a disgraceful scene! How could she ever face those maids in the future?

With frustration, Elizabeth turned on her heel and stormed out.

Back in her room, Amanda glanced at Aiden, who was still napping on the bed. Afterward, she entered the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

Tsk...

That slap truly packed a wallop. Her face had turned red now.

Fortunately, she had slapped her back too. Otherwise, her anger might have kept her awake all night.

However...

A gloomy cloud swept over Amanda once again. She didn't know if Elias had awakened yet or what the situation was like over there. Symeon had confiscated her phone and didn't allow her to contact the outside world, so she had no idea about the situation back in Cludan.

It was possible that Elias probably had not regained consciousness; otherwise, why hadn't he come to find her and Aiden?

Amanda turned on the faucet and splashed the icy water onto her face, trying to clear her mind.

As she gazed at her reflection in the mirror, she couldn't help but murmur, "Why aren't you awake yet? Don't you want to see me and Aiden?"

At the same time, back in the hospital in Cludan, Yacob had been stationed there for ten days, and his mental resilience was on the brink of shattering. Ten days had passed, yet Elias still showed no signs of waking up.

What would happen to Amanda in Esmos if he didn't wake up soon? It had been so long since she left, and Yacob couldn't even contact her, so he had no idea about her situation over there.

"Elias, please wake up soon. Time is running out now. Amanda has been in Esmos for three days, and I can't reach her by phone. I don't know if she's managed to save the child. If this continues. I'm afraid. Amanda will be in danger..."

Even Yacob couldn't help but feel anxious for Elias. After all, no man would be willing to have his woman and child stay with another man, especially when facing various unknown risks.

As Yacob looked at Elias in a coma, he sighed deeply and turned to walk out of the ward.

As soon as he stepped out of the room, he saw Rosie waiting nearby.

It had been several days, and no matter how he tried to drive her away, Rosie stubbornly stayed here and refused to leave. She insisted that she wanted to witness Elias wake up with her eyes. Over time, Yacob didn't feel like dealing with her anymore, so he just let her be.

"How is it? Has Eli woken up?" Rosie asked with hopeful anticipation.

Yacob shook his head. "Not yet. Miss Momsey, why do you need to put yourself through this? Just go back. Even if Elias wakes up, the one he wants to see is not you. Aren't you bringing humiliation upon yourself?"

"It's none of your business. I just want to wait for him to wake up."

"Fine, suit yourself."

Yacob didn't have time to deal with Rosie now as well. He had to go to the doctor's office and find out the situation. If Elias still couldn't wake up, he must take some measures.

He couldn't let Amanda and the child remain in danger since the Lawrence Family was challenging to deal with.

He could sense that Amanda must be extremely anxious right now.

Yacob arrived at the doctor's office, and upon seeing him, the doctor stopped flipping through the medical records. "Mr. Mills, please have a seat."

"Don't beat around the bush. Just tell me directly. When can Elias wake up? Is there any hope for him to wake up?"

He had already waited too many days, and his patience had worn thin. Every day he opened his eyes, he saw Elias in that unconscious state.

Yacob was reaching his limit and was even weighed down by mounting pressure.

Every day, people from the Winterses were probing about Elias' whereabouts. However, deception could only work for a while; sooner or later, the truth would be discovered.

He just hoped that Elias would wake up before this lie was exposed.

However, the doctor sighed and shook his head. "The situation doesn't seem optimistic. Today, we conducted some tests on Mr. Winters and found that his head injury is quite severe. There are blood clots, which may be why he's in a coma. Unfortunately, the blood clot site is delicate, making it risky to perform. surgery. If there's any slight mishap during the surgery, it could cost him his life."

Yacob's heart sank. So, there was no hope? Was Elias going to be in a vegetative state?

"So, what you're telling me now is that there's a high possibility that Elias might end up in a vegetative state and never wake up again?"

"Well... That seems to be the case for now, but we can't rule out the possibility of a miracle that one day, he might wake up on his own. It's hard to say for sure..."

Yacob fell silent.

What kind of nonsense was this? So, the doctor was basically saying that they should let nature take its course and leave it up to fate since the medical intervention was useless.

If that was the case, what about the Winters Family? What would happen to Amanda over there?!

Yacob left the doctor's office feeling disheartened, then returned to the ward.

He gathered his trusted subordinates in the ward to discuss urgent matters.

After about half an hour, four men entered the ward together, facing the slumbering Elias. A heavy silence fell upon everyone, burdened by heavy hearts.

After a while, Yacob began, "Brothers, Elias has always been good to us. Now that he's in trouble, we can't just stand by and do nothing. Besides, Elias only has one child. If he truly never wakes up, Mr. Aiden will be his only heir. We mustn't let the child fall into someone else's hands."

"Yacob, just tell us what we need to do. Elias has treated us well, so we must repay him."

"Yeah, tell us what we need to do."

When Yacob saw the steadfast attitudes in these men, he felt somewhat relieved.

Although Elias often had a bad temper, he was never stingy with his comrades. Almost everyone had received some form of favor, big or small, from him.

Yacob looked at the man lying unconscious on the hospital bed and continued, "Very well. Since you all share this sentiment, I won't beat around the bush. The Lawrence Family has imprisoned Mrs. Winters and Mr. Aiden. Although Elias hasn't woken up yet, I know he would want us to try to rescue them. So, this operation is not an assigned mission. It's entirely voluntary. I won't force any of you, as great risks are involved, and the Lawrence Family is difficult to deal with. If you are unwilling to take this risk, you can speak up now. I won't hold it against you."

The other four men exchanged glances with each other, but none backed down. They even looked determined, as if victory was within their grasp. "Yacob, there's no need for more words. We're all in. We must rescue Mrs. Winters and Mr. Aiden. Only then may Elias be at ease."

Chapter 417 Symeon's Slowly Falling In

The dawn broke.

Rosie was still stationed outside, almost dozing off and falling to the ground.

She stood up and stretched with a yawn. Suddenly, the door to the ward swung open. Yacob walked out with his men, wearing a cold expression.

Rosie didn't attempt to initiate a conversation with him because she knew he wouldn't respond to her.

Yet, she wondered, What were these people plotting inside the ward?

Rosie furrowed her brows as she closely observed them.

Yacob glanced at the woman standing outside the door, then looked at his subordinates and said, "Go back and get ready. The flight leaves tonight. See you at the airport."

"Understood."

Thus, the four of them turned around and departed.

After hearing Yacob's words, Rosie couldn't help but ask, "Where are you all headed? With Eli in this state, are you sure you want to leave? Can't you wait for him to wake up?"

"It will be too late if we wait for him to wake up," Yacob replied.

She didn't quite understand the meaning behind his words because she knew nothing of the situation.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You don't need to understand what I mean, but you should know this-even if I'm not here, you won't be able to get inside. I will have someone guarding this place 24 hours a day, and no one will be able to enter." After saying that, Yacob turned and went back into the ward.

Rosie clenched her fists in anger, but she could do nothing.

Inside the ward, Yacob walked up to the bedside and gazed at Elias, who was covered in injuries. He sighed in resignation. "Elias, I know what's on your mind and what you want to do. So now, I'm stepping in to take care of things on your behalf. I hope I can come back, and when I do, I hope you'll be awake."

He stood by the bedside and looked at Elias for a long time...

In New Montana, Esmos. Symcon, who had returned from the company, was surprised when he heard the -butler's report. "What? She slapped Amanda?"

The butler answered truthfully, "Yes, Miss Elizabeth went to find Miss Bailey first. They had a conversation. Then, Miss Elizabeth suddenly slapped Miss Bailey, but Miss Bailey retaliated and slapped her back twice."

It sounded like a tongue twister, but Symeon surprisingly understood.

He chuckled. He didn't ever expect Amanda to be so bold, daring enough to lay hands on Elizabeth. It was true when they mentioned that those who knew nothing would fear nothing.

"Where is Amanda?"

"Miss Bailey should be sitting in the garden now, and Mr. Aiden is playing there too."

Symeon nodded and walked toward the garden.

Although no one dared to say it out loud, the butler could tell that his master's attitude towards this woman was somewhat different. Perhaps it was because of the child's existence, or maybe he had other feelings for her.

In the garden. Symeon spotted Amanda sitting comfortably under a parasol, savoring her coffee. On the other hand, the little guy was squatting while digging the garden soil, getting dirty with mud all over his clothes, like a little mud monkey.

There was a hint of disdain in the man's gaze, but he couldn't help but smile. After all, that was just a child's inherent nature.

As Amanda watched Aiden playing gleefully in the distance, she was lost in thought. How could we escape from this place?

The security measures in this estate were very strict, making it almost impossible to leave through. conventional means. She had to think of other ways.

Suddenly, the silhouette of a man slowly sat down beside her.

Amanda was startled and turned her head to look. It was Symeon.

"When did you come back? Why did you walk so quietly?" She frowned.

Symeon's lips curled up. "I heard you slapped my fiancée twice today.

Tsk...

Amanda couldn't help but narrow her pair of alluring eyes. So, he's here to settle the score with me, isn't he?

She remained composed. "So what? I was just acting in self-defense. Even if she takes me to court, I have valid reasons to explain my actions. I am innocent as long as you don't tamper with the surveillance here."

Symeon furrowed his brows slightly. He realized that this woman seemed to have a deep misunderstanding of him.

"What makes you think I will definitely stand on Elizabeth's side?"

Amanda sneered, her voice unwavering. "Just because she is your fiancée."

Symeon suddenly had nothing to say. Even if Elizabeth was his fiancée, it didn't necessarily mean he would stand on her side because he had no feelings for her.

He lounged in the chair and followed her gaze, looking at the cheerful little guy playing in the distance.

Then, he slowly spoke, "If you were slapped, it's only fair to slap back. Besides, I won't interfere in this matter because it's between you two women."

Amanda was quite surprised by his reaction. It seemed that the relationship between this couple wasn't as strong as she had assumed. Otherwise, how could this Lawrence have an illegitimate child outside?

Tsk...

"You don't seem to love your fiancée, but she's devoted to you."

Symeon laughed. "Just because she loves me, does that mean I must love her back? It's not an obligation."

That was such a sc*mbag attitude. Amanda couldn't be bothered to say anything.

However, she still had to find a way to leave this place. So, Amanda took the initiative to broach the subject. "Can I explore the estate?"

After all, her situation was akin to being under house arrest as she couldn't contact the outside world or step outside the estate.

Symeon looked into her captivating eyes and murmured, "You can explore, but never think about leaving. You can't leave." Had she made her intentions that glaringly obvious?

She remained silent and lifted her coffee cup to her lips for a sip..

At this moment, Baby ran over, covered in dirt. "Mommy, play with me!"

Amanda looked disgusted at her son and yelled, "Don't come over! Look at your hands! They're so dirty. Stay away!"

"No, I want Mommy." Baby reached out his two muddy little paws and pounced toward Amanda.

Amanda even jumped up and dodged backward, shouting like a child, "Aiden Bailey! I'm warning you! Don't rub your dirty hands on me or soil my clothes, or I'll spank your butt.”

"Then, play with me, Mommy!" He playfully chased after her everywhere, giggling happily as he saw her scared and hiding everywhere.

"No! I don't want to play with mud. Stay away from me!

Meanwhile, Symeon watched this scene and, surprisingly, found it quite harmonious. He also laughed along.

If this scene was legitimate, he seemed to understand the essence of the happiness those people wanted.

His woman and child were playing under the sun. While he had been busy all day, coming home to see such a heartwarming scene, his heart also relaxed.

Chapter 418 Special Treatment

Symeon's phone buzzed.
]
He took a glance and saw that it was Elizabeth calling.

He could already imagine what she wanted to say, probably wanting to complain.

He swiped open the screen and pressed it to his car. "Aren't you supposed to be having dinner with your parents at this time? How do you have time to call me?"

"Symeon, hasn't the butler told you about what happened today? I thought the Lawrence Family's butler would be very diligent, but it appears he's rather unprofessional." Elizabeth's words were full of sarcasm.

Symeon chuckled lightly. "He did tell me. Isn't it a matter of you two slapping each other? Neither of you. suffered any loss, so what's there to be concerned about?"

His casual tone infuriated Elizabeth on the other end of the line.

"Do you really like that woman so much? Is that why you let her have your child? I really don't understand what's so special about her. There are plenty of women who are more beautiful than her. Why does she hold such a special place in your heart?"

Actually, Elizabeth wanted to convey that she didn't think there was anything about her that made her inferior to Amanda. So, why couldn't Symeon take notice of her?

As Symeon listened to the woman venting on the phone, he remained expressionless. "Are you done? Hang up if you are. I'm about to have my meal."

With that, he abruptly hung up the phone, leaving no room for Elizabeth to retort.

Amanda and her son were already seated and having their meal in the dining room.

Symeon was concerned they wouldn't be accustomed to the food, so he instructed the kitchen to prepare Cludan cuisine.

He looked at the bowl of noodles in front of Amanda, emitting a fragrant aroma. Next to her, the little guy was eating the noodles with such dedication, as if that bowl was his whole world. Symeon sat on the chair and gazed at the little guy, asking, "Is it delicious?"

Though he hadn't been fond of children, the thought that this was his child made him more patient.

Baby glanced at Symeon but didn't respond. Instead, he scooted closer to Amanda and whispered, "Mommy, has Daddy been naughty recently?"

Amanda frowned. "What did you say?"

For a moment, she didn't understand what her son was saying.

Baby looked at Symeon timidly and continued, "Then, why did you change daddies for me?"

Amanda and Symeon exchanged glances, falling into silence and even feeling lost for words.

Symeon didn't say anything but directed his gaze toward Amanda, signaling for her to explain.

On the contrary, she couldn't be bothered to clarify. All she wanted was to take her child and leave this place as soon as possible.

At that moment, she only realized that these circumstances also impacted her child's young, innocent heart.

At such a tender age, the little one might ponder, Didn't I just recognize a Daddy? Why is there a new Daddy again? Why are there new Daddies everywhere?

Amanda lowered her head and whispered in Baby's ear in a voice only the two could hear, "We didn't change daddies. We're just guests at this person's house. You have to behave. Otherwise, this kick us out, and when Daddy finds out, he'll spank you again."

Baby's big, grape-like eyes widened as he looked at Amanda, who nodded seriously

Left with no choice, he could only sit obediently in the chair and eat his noodles. He quickly finished the noodles in his bowl and hopped off the chair, announcing, "Mommy, I'm going to bed now. Bye-bye!" By the time Amanda reacted, her son had already disappeared.

She smiled helplessly. Well, the security measures here were quite reliable, so her son wouldn't get lost anyway.

Meanwhile, Symeon had already signaled the nanny nearby to follow Aiden. The nanny nodded and left.

However, he was a little curious about what Amanda had just said. Why did that little guy cast such a peculiar gaze his way?

"What did you say to Aiden just now? Why does he seem a little afraid of me?"

"Oh, nothing much. I just told him to be obedient. You have a bit of a short temper, and I said you might spank him if he misbehaves." Amanda ate her noodles slowly while the man's face turned dark.

intentionally creating a bad image of me in Aiden's mind? What if he doesn't get close to me after

"Are you you're gone?"

Amanda sneered inwardly.

Heh.

She had no intention of letting Baby get close to this Lawrence guy anyway since the child wasn't even his, to begin with.

However, for the safety of Elias in Cludan, she still had to endure it for now.

After seeing her remain silent, Symeon pressed on. "Or maybe you're doing it on purpose, not letting the child leave you so that you can stay by my side forever?" deliberately

Amanda's lips twitched involuntarily at the corner. This man was completely narcissistic.

Did he really think that all women desired to stay by his side? How ridiculous!

Amanda continued eating her noodles. After finishing the last bite, she wiped her mouth with a napkin and responded, "You're thinking too much. I don't want to stay by your side forever. I can't even use my phone. What's the point of such a life?"

After speaking, she got up and left the dining room while Symeon was left sitting there, looking at the empty bowls of the mother and son. He couldn't help but laugh.

This mother-and-son duo was quite interesting, and he was the one who had brought them into this situation.

The butler walked into the dining room and looked at the absent-minded master. He spoke, "Master, you seem to have a lot of patience for Miss Bailey." Normally, he had never seen the master displaying this kind of patience with any woman, not even his fiancée, Miss Elizabeth.

Symeon snapped back to reality. "Really?"

"Yes, even Miss Elizabeth hasn't received this kind of treatment."

Symeon fell into silence. He didn't think he was giving Amanda any special treatment, but he had indeed. grown accustomed to having her by his side.

Suddenly, he contemplated that if this mother and son continued to stay by his side all the time, their presence would probably inject some color into his otherwise monotonous and boring future.

Back in the hospital in Cludan, although Yacob had already set off, a new set of guards was stationed at the ward, so Rosie still couldn't get in.

Every day, she yearned to go inside and see Elias, but no matter who she encountered, they wouldn't let her in.

It had already been seven days. Apart from returning home to shower and change clothes, Rosie hadn't left the hospital. She was practically glued to the place.

Even her brother, Taylor, couldn't stand her anymore. He sent someone to the hospital to bring her home, but it was useless. She just refused to leave.

"Please, just let me go in and take a look. I promise I'll just take a glance!" Rosie pleaded desperately.

The guards on duty appeared troubled. "Miss Rosie, please don't make things difficult for us. We're just following orders. Yacob had emphasized many times before he left that we shouldn't allow you inside. sorry."

Rosie hung her head in defeat, then sat back in the nearby rest area.

Suddenly, the medical equipment in the ward started to sound an alarm as if something had happened.

The guards immediately pushed open the door and went in to check. Rosie also rushed in, her face full of anxiety as she approached the bed.

Chapter 419 Might Wake Up

The bodyguard looked at the alarm from the instrument and immediately panicked, shouting, "Where's the doctor? Quick, call the doctor!"

After a few moments, the doctor and nurses rushed into the ward and drove out the bodyguard and Rosie. to start rescuing Elias.

Rosie stood outside the ward, staring at the door without blinking, afraid that Elias would really pass away.

"He won't. He wouldn't. Elias is so lucky. How could he just die like this? He won't. He won't..." she muttered.

The bodyguard next to her was moved by Rosie's reaction.

After all, one could only tell who the right person was for them after an accident happened.

For example, since the car accident, Amanda, the wife of Elias, has only appeared for a few days before disappearing completely along with their child.

The whole estate was buzzing with gossip. Amanda, afraid that Elias would be stuck in a vegetative state. for the rest of his life, ran away with their child.

After an unknown amount of time, the door to the ward finally opened.

Rosie rushed forward and asked, "How is he?"

"He's fine. Mr. Winters is showing signs of waking up. He was talking in his sleep when we tried to save him. We'll observe him for a few more days. There's a possibility that he will wake up." After hearing this, Rosie's eyes lit up. "Really? What did he say?"

The bodyguard was also eager to know what Elias had said while unconscious. Whatever Elias said during his coma must be the most important thing on his mind.

The doctor said, "It seems like he was calling someone's name, Amanda. Is that his wife's name?"

Amanda...

The hope on Rosie's face instantly disappeared and the bodyguard next to her felt sorry for her as well.

After all that Rosie had done, Elias only cared about his wife,

After the doctor and nurses left, Rosie stood outside in a daze for a long time.

The bodyguard could not bear it anymore. "Miss Momsey, go back and rest. We will be here to guard him. You've seen it yourself. No matter what, Mr. Winters only has his wife in his heart. Don't waste your time."

Rosje glared at him angrily. "Who do you think you are? I'll do what I want!"

New Montana, the Lawrence Estate.

There was a banquet held in the estate tonight. The butler told Amanda in advance not to come out, or it would be troublesome.

"Miss Bailey, please remember not to wander around. You and Mr. Aiden can stay in this villa. You're not allowed to go anywhere else."

Amanda rested her chin on her right hand and absentmindedly pressed the remote control with her other hand. "Hmm...

Deep in her heart, she was complaining, Geez, it's just a banquet. It's not that high-class. What's the big deal if I out? Am I embarrassing?

How could she contact the people back in her home country and find out how Elias was doing now?

Every day spent here felt like an eternity, and her heart was in agony. She was getting desperate.

"Can I make a phone call? I'm not allowed to go out every day, and I'm not allowed to make phone calls. either. Is this house arrest? How long is this going to last? Do you guys plan to imprison me for the rest of my life?"

The butler smiled slightly. "Don't worry. When the young master adapts to life here, we will arrange for you to leave. The master should give you a sum of money by then. It should be enough for you to live the rest of your life. After that, you can't see the young master anymore. We'll pretend this never happened."

She stared, confused.

These people were delusional.

Why should she give these people the child she worked so hard to carry for ten whole months?

While they were talking, Symeon came downstairs wearing a navy-blue suit, adjusting his tie as he walked and exuding a royal air.

Amanda glanced at him and did not react at all. Instead, she continued watching her movie.

The man was attracted by her indifferent glance as few women treated him this way.

Symeon walked up to Amanda and blocked her view. She impatiently said, "You're blocking my view of the TV. Move."

"This outfit must not look good. Judging from your expression, you seem to dislike it."

Amanda finally looked him in the eye and replied, "It's okay. It's just that this outfit looks average on you. I think Elias would look handsome in this suit."

After saying that, she imagined Elias wearing this suit in her mind.

Hmm...Extremely handsome.

She could not help but smile.

Sensing the affection in her words, Symeon, narrowed his eyes and asked in an interrogative tone, "If I hadn't found you, were you planning to spend the rest of your life with Elias and have my son call him Daddy?"

Amanda choked.

Come on! This child belongs to Elias from the start!

She could not say that. For Elias' safety, she had to endure it, even if she had to become a paragon of patience.

Her silence caused a hint of anger to suddenly surge in Symeon's heart. He sneered. "I'm curious. Why ar you so infatuated with Elias? You went to great lengths to conceive my child, and now you are completely devoted to Elias. Are women really this fickle?"

She did not know what to say and could only brush it off. "Because I realized that you're really not that great, and Elias is more suitable for me."

He snorted. "He has abandoned you now, hasn't he? The lonely ending you're left with is what you deserv because you're flirtatious and love one man after another."

After speaking, Symeon angrily turned and left.

He himself did not even know why he was so angry.

Amanda, on the other hand, looked at the man's back in confusion and almost burst into laughter from anger.

"A woman who loves one man after another? He actually said that about me, huh."

Since when did she become a flirtatious woman who loved one man after another? After leaving Elias, had she liked any other man?

The butler next to her coughed twice and could not help but say, "Miss Bailey, you should be gentler in front of the master. The master likes obedient women,

"I don't care what he likes. Anyway, I'll leave sooner or later."

Seeing Amanda's attitude, the butler could not believe that there was a woman who would treat his master like this.

Women usually actively pursued the master while he would not even spare them a glance.

This beauty was quite special indeed, which was why the master treated her differently.

The banquet.

Tonight's banquet was held in the garden of the estate with the scent of flowers wafting through the air. The guests sat elegantly at the dining table, engaging in graceful conversations. Symeon sat there silently drinking his wine. None knew what he was thinking.

He was thinking about why Amanda was so devoted to Elias.

At this moment, Elizabeth, who was in a black spaghetti-strap dress, walked over and sat next to him.

Symeon, I apologize for my attitude that night. Please forgive me."

Everyone said that Elizabeth was a proud and strong woman who only acted subserviently in front of Syracon.

Chapter 420 Who Let You Come Here?

Symeon took a sip from his wine glass and looked at her. "There's no need to talk about forgiveness between us. As long as we don't provoke each other, it's fine."

Elizabeth did not know how to respond to his words, so she smiled and remained silent.

She then decided to bring up another topic. "What about the child after that woman leaves? We cannot let him grow up without a mother's love. Why not give him to me? I will treat him as my own child-* Finally, she realized that dealing with a man like Symeon required a soft approach, not a hard one.

However, before she could finish her sentence, Symeon interrupted her. "No need. The child will be taken care of. You don't have to worry about it."

His meaning was clear. Elizabeth would never be allowed to have contact with the child.

"Why? We're going to get married eventually. Do you not plan to let me be involved with the child at all? Are

you afraid of what I might do to him?" Elizabeth's heart was bleeding. Why was this man so cold and heartless toward her?

Symeon simply looked at her in silence, not saying a word. It was obvious that he agreed with her assumption.

Meanwhile, Amanda looked down at the banquet taking place below.

This was the perfect opportunity for her to find an exit and escape. She looked at the child sleeping soundly beside her. Amanda returned to the bed and gently woke up Aiden.

"Baby, wake up, Wake up."

"Mmm... I want to sleep."

"There are so many fun things outside. Don't you want to go?" Amanda used a coaxing tone to persuade the boy.

Aiden rubbed his eyes, looking extremely sleepy. "What's so fun outside?"

"Look, there are so many people outside. Shall we go out and play?"

"Okay!"

As soon as the word was mentioned, he became energetic. He sat up, climbed down from the bed, and went to the window to see the crowd outside. He exclaimed, "Wow, Mommy. There are so many people. want to go out and play too."

"Alright. Let's go."

Amanda had already made up her mind. If they were caught later, she would blame it on him.

So, she secretly sneaked out of the villa with the child.

Amanda pointed to the distant banquet and said, "Baby, let's go there. There's lots of delicious food and fun things."

They would never get lost there. Symeon would definitely bring Aiden back if he saw him.

Aiden ran toward the banquet while Amanda walked in the opposite direction. She wanted to explore the villa and check if there were any secret passages.

She had to find a way to escape. Did she have to listen to Melissa and stay here forever? No way!

As Amanda walked, she saw a gardener tending to the weeds. His phone was in the back pocket of his pants.

She quietly approached him and took the phone from the gardener's pocket. Then, she quickly dialed. Yacob's number.

However, it kept ringing for a long time without an answer.

What was going on?

Could something have happened back home?

Amanda did not give up and dialed again, but still, no one answered. She had no choice but to return the phone to its original place..

Meanwhile, Yacob, who had just arrived at the airport, turned to his four friends, and said, "This mission is very dangerous. We need to be prepared for injuries."

"Yacob, we know. Lawrence Estate is not easy to infiltrate."

"I've already checked and hacked into the security system of the Lawrence Estate. There are over a hundred cameras inside. It was difficult looking for blind spots in the system."

Yacob furrowed his brows. Unexpectedly, the person continued, "I did find a few blind spots, though. It's just enough for us to get in. However, the estate is huge, and it will be challenging to find Mrs. Winters. There are at least a hundred rooms inside."

"I think Mrs. Winters might be hidden in the more secluded villa area." Yacob analyzed the situation.

"I've already made contact with an insider in the estate. A gardener. I paid him a hefty sum to draw a map of the estate for me."

Yacob raised an eyebrow. "You've done well. When Mr. Winters wakes up, I'll make sure he reimburses. you."

"That won't be necessary, but can you help me get a promotion on Mr. Winters' behalf?"

"You're ambitious, but I like people with ambition. Sure, no problem. Alright, let's get back on track. Tell me about the map." Yacob just wanted to find Amanda and Aiden as soon as possible so that he had an explanation for Elias.

"This is the map. Based on my analysis, I believe the lady and the child might be hidden in Villa No. 4. According to the gardener, Symeon has been frequently going in and out of Villa No. 4 recently, and there are sounds of children coming from there. However, only designated servants are allowed to enter, and others are not permitted."

Yacob looked at the map, squinting his eyes. It seemed that Amanda was in Villa No. 4.

"Brothers, let's go. For Mr. Winters, for our future."

Yacob put away the map and looked at his brothers, giving them encouragement and orders at the same time.

At the banquet, Aiden suddenly rushed into the midst of the event. Many people looked at this little guy who had barged in with strange looks and started whispering about him.

"Whose child is this? I've never seen him before."

"There aren't many people bringing children here today."

"This child looks like he's not a local, and he's quite pretty."

Aiden was born in Esmos, so he easily understood what they were saying.

When he saw a tiered cake, he reached out to grab a bite and brought it to his mouth. His eyes widened at how delicious it was.

Meanwhile, Symeon was elegantly enjoying his meal when he heard the discussions. He turned his head. to take a look and could not take his eyes off the boy.

How did this little guy end up here?

Symeon immediately got up and walked toward Aiden. He buttoned up his suit jacket and carried the little one with one arm before walking to the side.

When Elizabeth witnessed this, she did not think the child was lost. She was certain that the woman must have sent the child over, wanting him to be shown to the world so that she had a legitimate reason to be with Symeon.

Her hand clenched around the wine glass as she gritted her teeth. "She's delusional! Do not even think that this will gain you anything from Symeon. You do not deserve it!"

Symeon carried Aiden to a secluded spot by the lake and placed the little one, covered in cream, on the grass. He squatted down and asked, "Who let you come here?" "I want to eat that cake. The cake is so delicious." Aiden's mind was filled with thoughts of the cake. It was so big.

Symeon felt a little helpless. He wiped Aiden's hands clean with a napkin and said, "Alright, I'll have the butler bring some cake to you later, okay?"

Chapter 421 Escape Plan

"Yes! That cake was delicious."

Symeon looked at Aiden and tentatively asked, "If I give you lots of delicious food, will you call met Daddy?"

He knew that children needed time and that he could not be too impatient, but he could not stand hearing. Aiden call Elias Daddy every day.

Aiden's round eyes looked around and said, "No! I already have a Daddy. My daddy said I can't call other men Daddy."

Symeon did not get angry. He just smiled and patted Aiden's little head.

Meanwhile, Yacob led his four men into the Lawrence Estate at night, taking advantage of the evening banquet.

After the five of them used hooks to climb over the wall and entered the estate, they hid in a blind spot of the surveillance cameras and began discussing their plan.

Tonight, while the banquet is going on, we need to act quickly. I'll search Villa No. 4, and just in case, you guys search the other villa areas. Remember, whether you find anything or not, we'll meet here at 10 p.m. We must get out by then."

"Understood."

Thus, the other four men infiltrated the estate while Yacob wore a mask and glanced at the brightly lit banquet in the distance before heading toward Villa No. 4.

Meanwhile, Amanda was also searching for an exit in various corners of the estate, but she had been searching for over an hour and found that the estate was completely sealed off with no way out.

If she wanted to leave, she would have to climb over the high walls.

How could she climb over such high walls with a child?

She looked at the tall walls in front of her and felt like there was no way to escape.

Seeing that the banquet was about to end, she returned to Villa No. 4 where she was staying. When she returned, she found Aiden sitting on the sofa in the living room and eating cake with cream all over his face.

"When did you come back?" She sat on the sofa.

Aiden was focused on eating and did not look up. "That man brought me back. He said he would give me lots of delicious cake."

"Really? That's nice. Didn't he scold you?" Amanda thought Symeon would be furious when he found out about Aiden. She did not expect him to just bring him back just like that.

She could not help but sigh. It seemed like Symeon really treated Aiden as his own son.

Wouldn't he be devastated when he found out the truth in the future?

"No. That man said I can call him Daddy and he will give me lots of delicious cake."

She was stunned for a moment and looked at him. Then, you called him Daddy and he brought you all these cakes?"

Her blood pressure instantly rose. She really wanted to give Aiden a good beating. How could he call someone Daddy just for some cake?

He shook his head. "No, Daddy said I can't call strangers Daddy."

At this, she raised an eyebrow and was pleasantly surprised. She did not expect him to have some principles.

Elias must be very relieved. He had worked so hard for a long time just to hear Aiden call him Daddy.

"Alright. Stop eating. Let's go take a bath and sleep."

"I haven't finished eating yet. These are all for me." Aiden looked longingly at the cakes.

Amanda picked him up. "You can eat them at home. Daddy will buy you even more cakes."

"Really? Then, why hasn't Daddy come to find us yet?"

Faced with the child's question, she did not know how to answer him. She could only soothingly say to him, "He'll come soon. Daddy has been feeling sick these past few days and not at all well. When he's better, he'll come to find us."

As she said that, she carried Aiden back to their room upstairs.

As soon as she entered the room, a figure quickly entered through the window.

Startled, Amanda screamed, "Ah!"

The figure covered Amanda's mouth and whispered, "It's me! Don't scream!" Why did this voice sound so familiar?

Yacob!

Amanda widened her eyes and took off the man's mask. Indeed, it was Yacob.

"Yacob! It's really you!"

She stopped shouting, but now it was Aiden's turn to scream. He saw a person in black rushing in to grab Mommy, so he shouted, "Help! Help!"

Amanda quickly turned around and covered the little troublemaker's mouth. "Don't shout. It's Mr. Yacob! Look carefully!"

It was only then that Aiden stopped screaming and blinked at the man in front of him.

She quickly closed and locked the door.

"How did you get here? The security system here is very strict."

After the initial excitement, Amanda was more worried. This was the Lawrence Estate. Would Yacob really go undiscovered here?

"I came to take you back. I have a detailed plan. Don't worry." Yacob looked outside, unsure if the screams from earlier had attracted attention.

Amanda's immediate concern was if Elias woke

She looked at Yacob with joy in her eyes. "Did Elias wake up?"

Yacob fell silent, and this silence made Amanda's heart sink into an abyss. Had he not woken up yet? It had been a month already. Why had he not woken up?

"He hasn't woken up yet, so why aren't you by his side?"

She could not trust anyone else but Yacob to be by Elias side.

Yacob said, "I know what Mr. Winters thinks and what he wants to do. If he wakes up and doesn't see you guys, he will definitely be furious. I need to take you back before he wakes up."

"Is that okay?" Amanda was worried. It might not be easy to get in here, but it definitely would not be easy to get out either.

Yacob's expression was firm. "It has to be okay. Even if it's not okay, it must be. I can't take you away tonight. I need to make a thorough plan. The main goal tonight was to find out where you guys are."

He approached Amanda and said, "Listen. I'll go back and discuss it with my brothers. I'll come to pick you up in four days because Symeon might have to go on a business trip then and we can only take advantage of his absence."

"Okay, Aiden and I will wait for you."

"Remember. Stay here for these four days and don't change locations, Otherwise, I might not be able to find you." Yacob reminded her again.

"I know. I understand. You should go now."

At that moment, there was a knocking sound from outside the door. "Miss Bailey, are you okay? I heard you scream for help just now. Is something wrong?"

"I'm fine! You must have misheard. Aiden and I were just playing around!" Amanda made up an excuse, hoping to deceive the butler.

She looked at Yacob and whispered, "Go! Go!"

Yacob nodded, then quickly jumped out of the window, and disappeared into the night.

Outside, Symeon's voice came from the door. "Open the door. If you don't open it soon, I'll break in."

Chapter 422 Who Are You?

After seeing Yacob disappear into the night, Amanda's tense heart finally relaxed as she adjusted her mindset.

"Baby, don't say anything later. No matter what that man asks, you'll say you do not know, okay?"

Aiden nodded obediently. "Okay."

It was as if he really understood what Yacob had just said.

She smiled and stroked her son's head. "You're the best. I'll reward you with another small piece of cake later."

Then, she turned and ran to the door, gripping the doorknob and taking a deep breath before opening the door.

Symeon, the butler, and a bodyguard were currently standing outside the door, as if they were ready for a battle at any moment.

Symeon glanced into the room and asked, "Are you okay? I heard you and Aiden calling earlier."

"Uh... we're fine. Aiden and I were just playing around. We used to do this often," Amanda replied, then -looked down at her son beside her. "Right, Aiden?" Aiden nodded vigorously, "Yes, yes. We're playing games. We're fine."

Although he did not understand what was going on, he knew he had to protect Mr. Yacob.

Symeon found their reaction a bit strange. It was as if they were trying to hide something.

He furrowed his brow and asked, "Are you sure everything is okay?"

"We're fine, really. Aiden and I were just playing around. Nothing is wrong," Amanda said with a smile, reaching out to stroke her son's head.

Aiden also cooperated and said, "We're fine, really."

Symeon did not say anything more, but he walked straight into the room and looked around, not noticing anything unusual.

"I told you we're fine, but you still don't believe us."

So, Symeon glanced at the butler and bodyguard outside the door and said, "You can go back to your duties."

"Yes."

-After the butler and bodyguard left, Symeon looked at Aiden and asked, "You didn't finish the cake. Don't you like it?"

Aiden looked at Amanda with a pitiful expression. "Mommy won't let me cat it."

"Why?" Symeon asked, puzzled.

Amanda smiled helplessly. "You spoil him too much. It's almost bedtime, and you would let him cat so much sweet food. Do you want him to get cavities?"

He fell silent and thought Amanda made a good point.

"Your mommy is right. You can cat some tomorrow."

After saying that, he looked at Amanda and said, "You two should go to bed early. If nothing is wrong, don't make a fuss. The butler and bodyguard might think something happened." "Okay." Amanda nodded and watched him leave the room.

The moment the door closed, she breathed a sigh of relief. He was finally gone.

Amanda returned to the window in worry and looked outside. She could not see Yacob's figure anymore, but hope still ignited in her heart.

In four days, they could finally leave this prison.

A smile appeared on her lips. She wanted to return to Cludan immediately and stay by Elias' side to wait for him to wake up.

It had been almost a month since she last saw him. She really missed him.

Meanwhile, in Cludan.

As Yacob was not in the country, Rosie had the opportunity to enter the hospital room. It was the result of a lot of begging.

The bodyguards were annoyed by her constant pestering, so they allowed her to enter for a short while.

Rosie entered the hospital room and looked at Elias, who had been in a coma for almost a month without any signs of waking up.

"Could it be... you really want to become a vegetable? Is that what you want?”

Rosie muttered to herself as she held the man's hand. She knew him too well. He would rather die than become a useless person lying in bed.

Suddenly...

His fingers moved slightly, and his eyes widened in astonishment. She looked down at his fingers, afraid that what she had just felt was an illusion.

"Elias! Are you awake? Elias!" Rosie shouted, but the man seemed unresponsive. It was as if the movement earlier was just her imagination.

As her shouting was too loud, a bodyguard entered the hospital room to pull her away.

"Miss Momsey, you should leave. Mr. Winters needs to rest. If I knew you would be so noisy, I would not have let you in." The bodyguard grabbed Rosie's arm and forcefully pulled her out. "No! I really saw him move just now. His hand moved! Quickly call the doctor. Is he waking up?" She looked at the motionless Elias on the hospital bed, desperately trying to convince them. The bodyguard glanced at the bed and only saw an unconscious Elias. Exasperated, he pulled her out of the room. "Miss Momsey, please leave. There's no point in clinging on here."

However, at that moment, a cough echoed within the hospital room.

Rosie and the bodyguard froze, turning their heads to look inside the room. At that moment, Elias was coughing violently.

The bodyguard was shocked and immediately turned to call the doctor.

Meanwhile, she rushed to the bed. "Elias! Elias! Are you awake?"

Elias slowly opened his eyes, as if they had been sealed for thousands of years. His deep gaze was filled with silence.

He furrowed his brows slightly as he looked at the room around him and the tearful woman in front of him.

After an examination, the doctor announced, "Mr. Winters has fully regained consciousness. Now, he needs to rest. The injuries from the car accident were severe, and it will take at least a year or more to fully recover."

The doctor continued, "Also, remember not to let him experience any more stress. The blood clot in his brain has not completely dissipated yet. If he gets too excited, it could cause the clot to spread, and then his life would be in danger."

Thank you, doctor." After the doctor left, the bodyguard excitedly approached Elias. "Mr. Winters! You've finally woken up!"

Although Elias had awakened, he was still a bit disoriented.

"Who are you?" His voice was hoarse, and his breathing was rapid.

"Ah? I... The bodyguard was dumbfounded. Did Elias not remember him?

Rosie was also stunned. What was going on? Had he lost his memory?.

Chapter 423 Elias' Amnesia

As they spoke, Elias struggled and tried hard to sit up straight, but because his body was covered in wounds, he felt as if every part of his body was screaming with every little movement he made. He then removed the blanket from his body and took the intravenous line tube off his hand. However, just when he was about to get up and walk away, he was suddenly overwhelmed by a strong sense of dizziness. Elias stood up, only to collapse onto the ground, but Rosie quickly got a hold of him. "Eli! Are you okay? You haven't recovered from your injury, which is why you must rest in bed. Now, lie back down." Nevertheless, the man reacted coldly by pushing Rosic away, despite his impaired movement due to his severe injury. "Get out of my way! I need to find..."

He then placed his hand on his forehead, overwhelmed by a painful headache. Deep down, his intuition. told him that he was after something, but for some reason, he couldn't remember what he was looking for. As he kept trying hard to recall what it was, his headache grew even more intense, making him feel as if his head was about to explode.

"What are you looking for? Just tell me. I'll help you!" Rosie was desperate to make sure Elias would get back to his bed, considering the fact that he had just woken up from his unconsciousness. I'd hate to see him faint again. In fact, I don't think I have the guts to even imagine that.

"I need to find... Just get out of my way... I need to find..."

What exactly am I looking for? Elias couldn't remember what it was as he weakly collapsed onto the floor.

While the man was getting so weak that he struggled to be on his feet, there was nothing much a woman like Rosie could do due to her physicality. Thus, she glared angrily at the bodyguard as a gesture to beckon for them. "Are you guys dumb or what? Get over here and help me out!"

It was only then that the bodyguard quickly came to Rosie's aid and helped Elias get back onto his bed. They then tucked him in and helped restrain him so that the nurse could reinsert the intravenous tube into the vein in his hand.

"Since Mr. Winters just woke up, his body is still weak due to the severe injuries he suffered from. Furthermore, the blood clots in his head are still there, so it would be best for him to remain still and calm, or he could be in danger." The nurse gave Rosie a word of advice as Rosie and the bodyguard's hearts skipped a beat.

As soon as the nurse left, Elias slowly opened his eyes. Nonetheless, he felt much calmer, although he could still not forget about the person he was supposed to find. At that moment, everyone that he saw around him only seemed like a stranger to him, but deep down, there was a voice in his head that kept telling him to look for the mysterious person whom he didn't have the slightest idea about at all.

Seeing Elias awake, the bodyguards immediately surrounded him and restrained his arms. "Mr. Winters, you should really stay in bed. You were in a car accident in which you suffered severe injuries, so you need to rest well, or your health will be in jeopardy. Please, Sir! I still need to answer Yacob when he comes back, which is all the more reason I can't let anything happen to you."

"Wait a second! Who are you people?" Elias impatiently looked at the two people standing in front of him. even closing his eyes in frustration.

As the bodyguard was about to explain, Rosie stopped him from doing so with a gesture. "Rest well. Call us if you need anything. We'll just be outside," Rosie said as she took the bodyguard out of the room with her and closed the door behind them. In the meantime, the bodyguard seemed confused, standing in the corridor while wondering what Rosie was up to.

Rosie explained, "Let's not provoke him anymore. I think he might be suffering from memory loss or something. Moreover, he's still weak from his injuries, so we should keep him calm so that his emotions wouldn't fluctuate too much. Thus, I say we wait until he brings the matter up in the next few days."

The bodyguard swallowed his words just when he was about to respond. He then glanced at Elias in the ward, nodding as it seemed to him that Elias had trouble recognizing the people around him. Later that evening, Elias was prohibited from eating straight away after he woke up as the doctor wanted to give his body time to recover.

Soon, the room door slowly opened as Rosie walked in. She then poured Elias a glass of water and gave it to him. "Take a sip, Eli. The doctor said you mustn't eat until tomorrow."

Elias, lying in his bed, held the glass of water in his hand and took a sip. "Who are you? You and that man were right beside me the moment I opened my eyes. Who are you people?" He asked. Rosie was stunned, wondering why Elias would ask a question like that. Has he really lost his memory?! Oh, dear.

When she didn't respond, he asked again, "Hey, I'm talking to you. Who are you?"

"Eli, have you really forgotten who I am? Do you even know who you are?" Rosie asked.

"Of course, I do," Elias responded indifferently.

Elias" words left Rosie even more confused. After all, she found it hard to believe that Elias couldn't seem to recognize anyone else, although he was still aware of who he was. "Eli, do you not remember anything at all? Do you not remember how you were involved in the car accident? How much can you still remember about your past?" It seemed to Rosie that Elias was suffering from partial memory loss instead of total amnesia.

Not long after that, Elias was overwhelmed by a terrible headache as he tried to recall bits and pieces of his lost memory. Enduring the pain, he gritted his teeth and answered. "No, I don't remember anything. The only thing that I remember is that I need to find someone, yet I can't remember who I'm supposed to be looking for..."

"Looking for someone?" Is he referring to Amanda? Rosie's expression darkened at the thought of Amanda. After all, she hadn't paid Elias a visit at all ever since he was caught in the accident despite her sworn love. for him. Where are you now when Elias is lying in the hospital? Your true love is nothing but bullsh*t, isn't it?

"Alright, alright. It's okay if you can't remember anything. Just cut yourself some slack, okay? Your health is the most important thing right now," Rosie said. Deep down, the last thing she wanted was for Elias t find Amanda because if that happened, she would lose her chance of getting close to him.

On the other hand, Elias sized Rosie up warily and asked, "Who are you then?"

His natural instinct told him that the woman standing in front of him was someone with whom he shared a close relationship because she was the first person he saw the moment he woke up.

Upon a brief hesitation, Rosie replied, "You're the whole world to me, but as for the question about who I am. I'm afraid you're going to have to find that out by yourself. The reason Rosie said that was because Elias had never treated her the way she deserved before he lost his memory.

Elias squinted upon hearing Rosie's vague answer. "Are you my... lover?" The man couldn't think of any other way to explain their relationship and why she was the first person he saw right by his side when he woke up.

My lover? Rosie heard the answer that made her eyes brighten up, having long been eager to be Elias" girlfriend. Soon, it quickly occurred to her that she could perhaps take advantage of Elias' partial amnesia and steal his heart. As her ill intention took over her conscience, she leaned closer to Elias and whispered. "I'm someone more important than your lover because I'm your woman."

Elias went silent in response, wondering whether Rosic was telling the truth. Wait, what? She is my woman? Why don't I feel anything for her? It's almost like the feelings that I have for her are nothing more than those I have for an acquaintance or a friend.

On the other hand, Rosie thought Elias fell for her words when she noticed his silence. Thus, she went on and said, "I nearly had a heart attack when I learned that you were caught in the accident. I had been waiting here for days until you finally woke up. Thank god you came to your senses in the end, or else I would have been caught in a depression."

At that moment, Elias' bodyguard entered the ward once more and asked, "Mr. Winters, would you like to have some water..." Just as he was about to pour Elias a glass of water, he noticed a glass with some water left in it, awkwardly smiling at the sight of that.

Elias looked at the bodyguard. "Who are you?"

The bodyguard was stunned for a second. "I am your bodyguard."

Chapter 424 Rosie's Evil Plan

"Alright, I heard you. Now, you may excuse yourself. I'd like to have some rest," Elias said as he lay down, showing no interest in entertaining the two people in front of him.

In the meantime, Elias' bodyguard wanted to say something, but when he noticed Elias' tired look, he obediently left as he was told. Nevertheless, Rosie seemed reluctant to leave, so the bodyguard whispered in her ear and said, "Let's go, Miss Momsey. Mr. Winters would like to rest."

"Leave first. I'll catch up later."

Elias' bodyguard didn't say anything in response as he turned around and left the ward. Now that she was finally alone with Elias, Rosie stood there and set her eyes on the side of the man's face. "The doctor said. you could have some congee tomorrow. So, maybe I'll make some for you in the morning and bring it over."

Meanwhile, Elias looked at Rosie, tempted to turn her offer down, but when she told him that she was his woman, he felt sympathetic for her. "What's your name?"

Rosie chuckled in amusement. "Rosie Momsey." This is fate giving me a second chance. I must seize the opportunity and become the woman Elias wants. I must have his heart! "Alright, I should make a move now. See you tomorrow. Rest well," she said and left the ward.

Upon hearing the sound of the door closing. Elias frowned with a scowl on his face. Deep down, the voice that kept telling him to look for someone still remained, yet he couldn't remember who he was supposed to find. Nevertheless, the more he tried to think about it, the more his headache hurt.

In the meantime, Elias' bodyguard was calling Yacob to inform him that Elias. Winters had woken up, but the call couldn't get through. "What's going on? Why can't my call get through?"

At that moment, Rosie walked out of the ward and happened to see what Elias' bodyguard was doing, which made her anxious the next second. If Yacob learns about this, he may rush back and expose me.

On the other hand, the bodyguard was helpless after failing to reach Yacob. Thus, he turned around and saw Rosie behind him, greeting her. "Miss Momsey."

"What's wrong? You can't reach Yacob?" Rosie faked a smile.

"Yeah, Yacob never misses a phone call. There must be something going on over there, but I guess he'll reply to me when he sees it."

"I see. Anyway, I'll make a move first while you stay here and look after him." As soon as Rosie turned around, the smile on her face instantly disappeared. I will make sure nothing stands between me and Eli! I will do anything it takes to get rid of anyone who gets in my way.

When Rosie returned to the Momsey Residence later, she approached the butler and asked, "Where is my

-brother?"

"He is in the gym, Miss Momsey."

Rosie then went straight to the gym and saw her brother there. At that moment, Taylor was seen running on the treadmill, shirtless and sweaty, while giving off a sexy and manly aura. "Give me a moment, Taylor. Pause your workout as I have something to discuss with you."

Nevertheless, Taylor didn't even bother to look at his sister and replied, "Every time you come to me, it's definitely for nothing good. You either bug me to help you arrange a date with Elias or want me to be the matchmaker for the two of you. Let me be honest with you-stop coming to me for this nonsense again because I won't help you anymore." Taylor was tired of Rosie's obsession with love, as if she had nothing else better to do. Also, he was not happy with the fact that Rosie was so obsessed with Elias that she became unwilling to open herself up to other opportunities.

Rosie responded by forcefully pulling Taylor off the treadmill. "No, it's not that. I want you to keep someone distracted for me."

"Who's that?" Taylor picked up his towel and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

Rosie leaned close to Taylor's ear and whispered a few words, whereupon Taylor frowned in puzzlement.

The next morning, the bodyguard, who was still standing guard outside the ward, almost fell asleep. Soon, Rosie arrived at the ward with a thermal flask in her hand, gently patting the sleepy bodyguard's shoulder.

It was then that the bodyguard immediately snapped out of his sleepiness and stood up straight. When he saw Rosie, he heaved a sigh of relief and said, "I'm sorry that I dozed off, Miss Momsey."

"It's okay. I'll head inside and get this congee for Eli. Meanwhile, you should get refreshed and buy yourself breakfast. See you later."

"Thanks, Miss Momsey, but I don't think I need..."

As the bodyguard was about to refuse, Rosie smiled and said, "You should go. I wish you could see yourself drooling just now. Imagine if Eli saw that?

It was then that the bodyguard instinctively felt the corner of his mouth and embarrassedly smiled, nodding his head. Upon seeing Rosie enter the ward, the bodyguard made his way to the restroom, but as soon as he walked right through the door, he was suddenly ambushed by a man in black who covered his mouth with a handkerchief. Before he knew what was going on, his vision slowly became blurred just as he lost consciousness.

Meanwhile, Rosie entered the ward and saw Elias still asleep, whereupon she gently placed the thermos on the cabinet. Not long after that, she received a text message on her phone, whereupon she took a quick look at it. 'Okay,' the message read. The next second, an evil smile appeared on her face. Indicating that she had just gained control over the situation in the ward.

At that moment, Elias opened his eyes and saw Rosie looking at him. In response to the man's pitch-black eyes that were staring at her, Rosie couldn't help but feel a little panicky on the inside.

"Eli, you're up. Are you hungry? Have some congee, would you? You haven't eaten anything for quite some time." Rosie spoke while pouring the congee into a bowl before she was going to feed Elias. Nevertheless, Elias sat up straight and took the bowl from Rosie's hands, speaking in a deep voice. "You may leave now. I can manage everything by myself." For some reason, he seemed reluctant to be in the same space with Rosie, but nonetheless, the lady didn't object to that as she obediently turned around and left.

"Rest well once you're done eating. For the next two days, you're only going to have congee." After saying that, Rosie closed the door behind her when she exited the ward. She was then greeted by another bodyguard who was no longer the same man Yacob arranged to be there. Instead, it was someone from the Momsey Family. "Miss Momsey."

"Stay here and protect Eli. Make sure he doesn't leave the hospital. He's still weak."

"Understood."

"Also, no one is allowed to enter the ward, including the Winters Family's butler," Rosie added.

"Got it."

With a smirk on her face, Rosie walked toward the end of the corridor, thinking about her plan of isolating Elias from the rest of the world so that she could have him for herself.

On the other hand, Amanda was over the moon about the fact that she was about to leave the Lawrence Estate and go home soon. At the same time, Aiden couldn't stop asking his mother when they would go home. "When are we going home, Mommy?"

"Soon, my boy. Yacob will come to pick us up," Amanda replied.

"Hooray! We can finally go home and see Daddy." Aiden happily scampered around his toys.

Although they were happy that they could finally escape from that place, Amanda still forced herself to remain calm, knowing their escape plan would be foiled if Symeon became suspicious. After all, Symeon would always be sure to keep her and Aiden company whenever he was free even though he was a busy man with a tight schedule.

Furthermore, Aiden was informed by the butler that Symeon would be coming home later that night to have dinner with them. When Symeon was about to arrive, Amanda was told to take Aiden to the dining area and wait there.

"Aiden, stop playing. Let's go have dinner."

Amanda got up from her seat and walked closer to her son, seizing his little hand, whereupon she walked out of the bedroom.

Chapter 425 Battle of Wits

In the meantime, Symeon had already taken his seat in the dining area but hadn't started eating yet. After all, he was waiting for Amanda and Aiden. Looking at the table full of oriental cuisines, Symeon couldn't help but smile in joy because he felt as if he had become a kind-hearted man. Unlike his present self, his former self wouldn't spare a thought for anyone else, let alone tell his chef to make dishes that he didn't like just for someone else or wait for someone. Soon, when he heard Amanda and Aiden's voices from afar, a warm smile appeared on his face.

When Symeon turned his head, he saw Amanda and the boy entering the dining area. He then fixed his gaze on the child and asked, "Are you hungry?"

Despite having spent a few days there, Aiden was still apparently wary of Symeon, holding Amanda's hands tightly. Soon, Amanda carried Aiden and placed him on the chair, rolling his sleeves so that he could eat more comfortably.

Then, Amanda looked at the table full of oriental cuisines and became bewildered, wondering what Symeon was up to because she knew he didn't like oriental food at all.

"Mommy, I want that chicken wing."

"Okay, I'll get it for you."

Nevertheless, before Amanda could place the chicken wing on Aiden's plate, Symeon had already beaten, her to it by placing it on the boy's plate.

"You don't like oriental food, so why did you have your chef make them?" Amanda skeptically asked.

Symeon smirked, "It doesn't matter. I'm just here to accompany you for the meal. I'm not very hungry."

"Does it matter? I'm just here to keep you both company, plus I'm not hungry anyway." Symeon smirked in response.

"Okay..." Amanda didn't say anything more as she directed her attention to feeding Aiden. After all, she couldn't stand the mess that Aiden created while trying to finish the meal by himself.

A few moments later, Symeon suddenly said something. "You guys will move to a different place tomorrow."

As soon as Amanda heard Symeon's words, she lost her focus and accidentally dropped the fork and knife from her hands onto the dining table, staring at the man's face in front of her. A different place? Why? Why should we move to a different place? Amanda's first instinct immediately prompted her to suspect that Symeon might have discovered something because she couldn't think of any other reason that might explain why he wanted them to move.

In the face of Amanda's dramatic reaction, Symeon furrowed his brows in puzzlement. "What's wrong? You have a problem with that?"

"No, that's not what I meant, but I don't understand. Is it necessary for us to move out? Where exactly are

we going? I'm already used to living here."

Symeon smiled and said, "It's not far from here, actually. We're just moving to the next villa. You won't be leaving this compound. The layout and structure of that building will be exactly the same as this one. In fact, I can even have them made just like the one in your room here."

Amanda went silent, finding that to be even stranger because she couldn't understand why Symeon

wanted them to move to the villa next door. Yacob is going to act in the next two days. Our plan is going to fail if he can't find me and Aiden. What should I do now? At the thought of that, Amanda had a feeling that Symeon knew what she was up to. What if I refuse to go along with Symeon? He is going to get suspicious of me, isn't he?

What should I do now?

"I heard you're going on a business trip in two days' time. Is that true?" Amanda asked.

Symeon picked up a porcelain bowl and took a sip of the soup in it, nodding. "Yup, I'm going on a business trip to Fliaria for a week. What's wrong? Do you have something to tell me?"

"Nothing. I was just curious actually. I was wondering what that has to do with us moving to the villa next door."

"Nope, nothing at all. It's just that there's going to be a thorough cleaning going on soon, so it'd be better for you both to stay there for a few days. If you can't get used to staying there, you could move back here next week." Symeon put his words so casually that it sounded like something trivial.

In fact, Symeon's butler noticed a few suspicious silhouettes from the security footage when he was told to take a look at them. As those silhouettes were seen in Villa No. 4, Symeon quickly decided to arrange another place for Amanda and Aiden to stay for the sake of their safety. Nevertheless, if Amanda insisted on not following Symeon's plan, it would seem obvious to him that she had something to do with those mysterious infiltrators.

At that moment, neither of them said a single word as if they were in a battle of wits and mind with each other. Sensing Symeon's intention, Amanda nodded and replied, "Alright, we'll do as you say then. We can move back here next week anyway. Just let me and Aiden sleep in the same room because it usually takes quite a bit of time before he can finally get used to a new environment. No problem! I'll just take Aiden to Villa No. 4 and meet up with Yacob at midnight by then.

In the meantime, Symeon heaved a sigh of relief and lowered his guard when he heard Amanda's affirmative reply. “Thanks for being so understanding. If you need anything while I'm away, you could. approach my butler directly. However, you mustn't leave the estate."

"I'm aware of that. Without your orders, I won't be allowed to leave the estate." Amanda reacted with ant indifferent tone, to which Symeon smiled without saying a single word.

After dinner, Amanda surprisingly felt tired because she hadn't eaten enough, having exhausted her energy in her battle of wits with Symeon. Then, upon putting Aiden to sleep, she went downstairs alone to the kitchen where she opened the refrigerator to find something to eat. Nevertheless, she couldn't seem to find anything much to eat in the refrigerator as all she could see were fresh and raw vegetables. Well, I guess the people in this house don't fancy fast food a lot. Now that the chef has already gone home, I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to be my own chef.

Soon, Amanda randomly picked a few ingredients and planned to cook herself some pasta. After spending about ten minutes, she made a plate full of pasta, whereupon she was about to enjoy it at the dining table. However, before she could take her first bite, she heard Symeon's footsteps from outside the kitchen. Then, she looked up and saw Symeon walking into the dining area.

When Symeon saw the hot steaming bowl of pasta, he couldn't help but ask, "Are you still hungry?" It was then that he began recalling their dinner earlier that night. Wait a second, it looks like Amanda was only busy feeding Aiden during dinner just now. She didn't eat much herself, did she?

Amanda sat down and grabbed a fork and a spoon as she began munching the pasta. "I was starving all of a sudden, not to mention the fact that I have a habit of eating supper. But you don't need to worry about
I'll wash the dishes myself without dirtying your kitchen." She replied casually.

Symeon wouldn't mind if Amanda dirtied his kitchen, but he also didn't find it necessary for him to elaborate in response to that. Soon, he grabbed a chair and sat down beside her, watching her eat pasta in a serious manner. "Do you have any plans if I let you walk away now?"

"Me? Of course." But why should I tell you? Of course, I'm going to bring Aiden with me and reunite with Elias. Deep down, Amanda believed that they would live a happy life again when Elias woke up. Symeon asked again, "What are your plans?" Deep down, he had no idea when he had become so interested in Amanda. In fact, she had grown on him so much that he became curious about her past and her future plans. Nevertheless, Symeon didn't know why and how he developed such a keen interest in Amanda, thinking it was their son, Aiden, who linked them together.

"Why should I tell you that? That's my privacy."

"It doesn't matter, I guess. If I want to know it, I could always find out anything I want to know about your life. Symeon's voice sounded cold and ruthless, as if everyone was just a pawn in his eyes. Amanda snorted coldly. "You sound confident, Mr. Lawrence."

Chapter 426 No Signs of Being in a Hurry

Symeon smiled and replied, "Try me."

After taking her last bite, Amanda took the plate and walked toward the kitchen to wash the dish before going to bed. Nevertheless, she heard the man's voice coming from behind her. "Just leave it there. Somebody else will take care of it."

"Oh." Amanda turned around and walked out of the dining area, ready to return to her room. for a shower before bed.

Meanwhile, Symeon was left alone behind at the dining table, finding Amanda's response amusing as he chuckled silently. She is an interesting lady, isn't she? But why does it seem to me that she is not the same lady as she was that night four years ago? Has Amanda really changed? Or is it because my memory failed me after such a long time?

Deep down, Symeon could still remember the lady's enthusiastic approach and the things she said to him. Nevertheless, he couldn't hear them clearly because he had been drugged at that moment.

While it seemed to him that Amanda had become a completely different person from the one he met that night four years ago, Symeon believed that was because people changed with time, thinking her role as a mother must have made her a more mature woman than she ever was before. At the same time, he kept convincing himself not to overthink as there was no way he would have captured the wrong person. We ran a DNA paternity test, and Amanda admitted it herself. So, nothing could go wrong.

Two days later, it was finally time for Amanda to execute her escape plan with her son, but for some reason, she appeared to be restless the whole day. After all, Symeon was supposed to fly off in the evening, but at that moment, he was still seen sitting in the mansion without any signs of being in a hurry. Having moved into Villa No. 5 with Aiden, Amanda was waiting for Symeon to leave so that she could sneak into Villa No. 4 with her son to meet up with Yacob at midnight.

Soon, the nanny, Colette, came over to inform Amanda and Aiden for dinner. "Miss Bailey, it's time for you and Mr. Aiden to have dinner."

Amanda desperately asked, "Has Mr. Lawrence left?"

"No, he hasn't. He is still in the study."

What's he doing in the study? It's almost dinner time. Are you still going to Fliaria for a business trip? "I thought he was going on a business trip. So, why is he still in the study?" Amanda sounded agitated, confusing Colette.

Alre about that. Colette turned around and walked away upon giving a brief reply.

After that. Amanda collapsed onto the couch in a panicky manner. If Symeon changes his plan and cancels his business trip tonight, Yacob is going to get caught when he comes later. In fact, the reason Yacob and the others were able to easily infiltrate the place so easily was because the banquet gave them the perfect disguise to do so. On the other hand, the entire mansion was quiet without any special activity going on, which would make any strange and unusual movement conspicuous and noticeable. Deep down, Amanda could already foresee how terribly her plan would fail if Symeon decided not to leave the mansion that night.

A few moments later, Colette came again to remind Amanda for dinner. "The food has gotten cold, Miss Bailey. Would you like to heat them up for you?"

"It's alright. I'm coming."

When Amanda arrived at the dining room alone, she was surprised to see Symeon sitting there. In fact, the sight of the man shocked her so much that she nearly screamed at the top of her lungs. "Why are you so surprised to see me?" Symeon laughed in amusement.

Amanda did her best to keep her composure, grabbing a chair before keeping a distance between herself and the man. "No, I'm not."

Symeon looked behind Amanda but didn't see the child. "Where's Aiden? Isn't he hungry?" he asked.

"Oh, he's asleep. He can eat when he wakes up. After all, he gets cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep."

"That's exactly me. He's truly my son." Symeon chuckled happily.

Bullsh*t! What a piece of crap! Amanda complained to herself on the inside. "By the way, aren't you supposed to go on a business trip? Why are you still here?" She asked while eating without looking Symeon in the eye, afraid that she would give herself away.

Symeon went silent for a few seconds and said, "I'll leave after our dinner, but unfortunately, that little guy is asleep."

It was then that Amanda felt relieved. So that's what it is. Now, hurry up and leave now, or I'm going to have anxieties.

"It's alright. There's plenty of time for you to spend with him when you come back."

While the dinner was shrouded in an awkward atmosphere, Amanda was too engrossed in observing Symeon's reaction without realizing that she hadn't been eating enough. At the same time, Symeon also noticed Amanda's preoccupied emotions, although he didn't expose her.

Upon finishing his meal. Symeon wiped his mouth with a napkin and slowly stood up. "Alright, I'm leaving now. If there's anything you need, just tell the butler."

"Roger that. The butler is the only person I can go to. Furthermore, I've been prohibited from getting my hands on any form of communication device, so there's also no way for me to contact you either." Amanda complained helplessly.

As Symeon said nothing more and left, Amanda watched the man walk away and heaved a sigh of relief. She then looked at the table full of delicious food right in front of her. suddenly feeling in a good mood. The chefs here are really skilled, and I won't be able to taste their cooking after leaving this place. So, I must enjoy these delicious foods while I still can. Later, when Colette brought over a bowl of soup, Amanda smiled and said, I'd like to have one more plate of this. The dishes tonight are especially delicious."

Colette nodded, finding Amanda's attitude a little strange. After all, Amanda didn't seem to be in a good appetite at all when Symeon was around. Nonetheless, now that he had left, her appetite suddenly changed and improved.

Later that night, the entire mansion was shrouded by darkness with all the lights off, except for the streetlights. Because of that, Amanda was planning to take advantage of the dark surroundings to sneak into Villa No. 4 so that Yacob could find her with greater ease. "Wake up, Aiden. Wake up!"

In fact, Aiden had been in a drowsy state, although he spent almost the whole day sleeping without even taking his dinner. Nevertheless, despite Amanda's effort in waking up her son, Aiden couldn't seem to get up from his sleep. "Mommy, I'm freezing... The child murmured.

"Freezing? Wait, why are you freezing?" Amanda immediately grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Aiden, but as soon as she did that, she heard Aiden's soft voice once more. "Mommy, I'm hot..." "Wait, what? How could you freeze and feel hot at the same time?" Amanda's heart skipped a beat as she wondered whether her son had a fever. He had been sleeping all day with barely any appetite. When I fed him earlier, he told me he was already full even though he only took a few bites. At the thought of that, she stuck out her arm to touch Aiden's forehead. Gosh! He is really having a fever! D*mn it! Of all the times this could have happened, why does it have to happen now? Yacob is supposed to get us out of here tonight, yet now Aiden is having a fever... Seriously?! What a joke! in her arms and held him tightly, pressing her chin against his forehead, comforting him. "Hang in there, my darling! Once we get out of here, I'll take to the doctor right away." She responded, wrapping the child with a blanket as she left the room with Aiden in her arms.

At the same time, Amanda deliberately slowed down her pace, in order to avoid drawing any unwanted attention. As tiring as that was, the weight of a three-year-old child only added to Amanda's strenuousness. Apart from that, the fact that Aiden caught a fever left her even more worried and bothered, but even so, there was nothing else she could do besides praying that they both could leave the mansion safely later dommy..." Aiden, who was suffering from a fever, kept calling out to Amanda. He sounded like a wounded animal, which broke Amanda's heart.

But she couldn't do anything at the moment. She needed to stick to Yacob's plan to make a successful escape, so she had to bear it all.

"Baby, Mommy is here. I'm sorry. Just hold on a little longer, okay? Yacob will rescue us soon."

Holding the child in her arms, she sneaked into Villa No. 4 with beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

It was completely dark in the villa. Everything remained untouched. Housecleaning was just an excuse. Symeon was aware that something was wrong from the beginning. Amanda carried Aiden to her bedroom upstairs and found that the room still looked the same as before she moved out. Even the bedsheet remained unchanged.

Standing in the middle of the room, she suddenly felt a chill running down her spine as if she had willingly walked into a trap.

Could it be that Symeon already found out about our plan? If so, Yacob coming here tonight is no different from walking right into an ambush!

She turned around to leave. Suddenly, the lights in the room turned on and the harsh light caught her off guard.

She involuntarily closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she was met by the sight of a man standing outside the room.

Amanda couldn't help but take a step back. Her eyes widened as if she had seen a ghost.

It was none other than Symeon.

He hadn't left! Everything was part of his plan!

"You..." She was speechless.

Symeon smiled at the sight of her shocked expression. "What about me? Curious to know why I didn't go to the airport and showed up here instead?"

"So, you set us up." Despair rose in Amanda's heart as she held Aiden in her arms tightly.

Symeon walked into the room. "That's not true. When I checked the surveillance footage,

Chapter 426 No Signs of Being in a Hurry

Symeon smiled and replied, "Try me."

After taking her last bite, Amanda took the plate and walked toward the kitchen to wash the dish before going to bed. Nevertheless, she heard the man's voice coming from behind her. "Just leave it there. Somebody else will take care of it."

"Oh." Amanda turned around and walked out of the dining area, ready to return to her room. for a shower before bed.

Meanwhile, Symeon was left alone behind at the dining table, finding Amanda's response amusing as he chuckled silently. She is an interesting lady, isn't she? But why does it seem to me that she is not the same lady as she was that night four years ago? Has Amanda really changed? Or is it because my memory failed me after such a long time?

Deep down, Symeon could still remember the lady's enthusiastic approach and the things she said to him. Nevertheless, he couldn't hear them clearly because he had been drugged at that moment.

While it seemed to him that Amanda had become a completely different person from the one he met that night four years ago, Symeon believed that was because people changed with time, thinking her role as a mother must have made her a more mature woman than she ever was before. At the same time, he kept convincing himself not to overthink as there was no way he would have captured the wrong person. We ran a DNA paternity test, and Amanda admitted it herself. So, nothing could go wrong.

Two days later, it was finally time for Amanda to execute her escape plan with her son, but for some reason, she appeared to be restless the whole day. After all, Symeon was supposed to fly off in the evening, but at that moment, he was still seen sitting in the mansion without any signs of being in a hurry. Having moved into Villa No. 5 with Aiden, Amanda was waiting for Symeon to leave so that she could sneak into Villa No. 4 with her son to meet up with Yacob at midnight.

Soon, the nanny, Colette, came over to inform Amanda and Aiden for dinner. "Miss Bailey, it's time for you and Mr. Aiden to have dinner."

Amanda desperately asked, "Has Mr. Lawrence left?"

"No, he hasn't. He is still in the study."

What's he doing in the study? It's almost dinner time. Are you still going to Fliaria for a business trip? "I thought he was going on a business trip. So, why is he still in the study?" Amanda sounded agitated, confusing Colette.

Alre about that. Colette turned around and walked away upon giving a brief reply.

After that. Amanda collapsed onto the couch in a panicky manner. If Symeon changes his plan and cancels his business trip tonight, Yacob is going to get caught when he comes later. In fact, the reason Yacob and the others were able to easily infiltrate the place so easily was because the banquet gave them the perfect disguise to do so. On the other hand, the entire mansion was quiet without any special activity going on, which would make any strange and unusual movement conspicuous and noticeable. Deep down, Amanda could already foresee how terribly her plan would fail if Symeon decided not to leave the mansion that night.

A few moments later, Colette came again to remind Amanda for dinner. "The food has gotten cold, Miss Bailey. Would you like to heat them up for you?"

"It's alright. I'm coming."

When Amanda arrived at the dining room alone, she was surprised to see Symeon sitting there. In fact, the sight of the man shocked her so much that she nearly screamed at the top of her lungs. "Why are you so surprised to see me?" Symeon laughed in amusement.

Amanda did her best to keep her composure, grabbing a chair before keeping a distance between herself and the man. "No, I'm not."

Symeon looked behind Amanda but didn't see the child. "Where's Aiden? Isn't he hungry?" he asked.

"Oh, he's asleep. He can eat when he wakes up. After all, he gets cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep."

"That's exactly me. He's truly my son." Symeon chuckled happily.

Bullsh*t! What a piece of crap! Amanda complained to herself on the inside. "By the way, aren't you supposed to go on a business trip? Why are you still here?" She asked while eating without looking Symeon in the eye, afraid that she would give herself away.

Symeon went silent for a few seconds and said, "I'll leave after our dinner, but unfortunately, that little guy is asleep."

It was then that Amanda felt relieved. So that's what it is. Now, hurry up and leave now, or I'm going to have anxieties.

"It's alright. There's plenty of time for you to spend with him when you come back."

While the dinner was shrouded in an awkward atmosphere, Amanda was too engrossed in observing Symeon's reaction without realizing that she hadn't been eating enough. At the same time, Symeon also noticed Amanda's preoccupied emotions, although he didn't expose her.

Upon finishing his meal. Symeon wiped his mouth with a napkin and slowly stood up. "Alright, I'm leaving now. If there's anything you need, just tell the butler."

"Roger that. The butler is the only person I can go to. Furthermore, I've been prohibited from getting my hands on any form of communication device, so there's also no way for me to contact you either." Amanda complained helplessly.

As Symeon said nothing more and left, Amanda watched the man walk away and heaved a sigh of relief. She then looked at the table full of delicious food right in front of her. suddenly feeling in a good mood. The chefs here are really skilled, and I won't be able to taste their cooking after leaving this place. So, I must enjoy these delicious foods while I still can. Later, when Colette brought over a bowl of soup, Amanda smiled and said, I'd like to have one more plate of this. The dishes tonight are especially delicious."

Colette nodded, finding Amanda's attitude a little strange. After all, Amanda didn't seem to be in a good appetite at all when Symeon was around. Nonetheless, now that he had left, her appetite suddenly changed and improved.

Later that night, the entire mansion was shrouded by darkness with all the lights off, except for the streetlights. Because of that, Amanda was planning to take advantage of the dark surroundings to sneak into Villa No. 4 so that Yacob could find her with greater ease. "Wake up, Aiden. Wake up!"

In fact, Aiden had been in a drowsy state, although he spent almost the whole day sleeping without even taking his dinner. Nevertheless, despite Amanda's effort in waking up her son, Aiden couldn't seem to get up from his sleep. "Mommy, I'm freezing... The child murmured.

"Freezing? Wait, why are you freezing?" Amanda immediately grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Aiden, but as soon as she did that, she heard Aiden's soft voice once more. "Mommy, I'm hot..." "Wait, what? How could you freeze and feel hot at the same time?" Amanda's heart skipped a beat as she wondered whether her son had a fever. He had been sleeping all day with barely any appetite. When I fed him earlier, he told me he was already full even though he only took a few bites. At the thought of that, she stuck out her arm to touch Aiden's forehead. Gosh! He is really having a fever! D*mn it! Of all the times this could have happened, why does it have to happen now? Yacob is supposed to get us out of here tonight, yet now Aiden is having a fever... Seriously?! What a joke! in her arms and held him tightly, pressing her chin against his forehead, comforting him. "Hang in there, my darling! Once we get out of here, I'll take to the doctor right away." She responded, wrapping the child with a blanket as she left the room with Aiden in her arms.

At the same time, Amanda deliberately slowed down her pace, in order to avoid drawing any unwanted attention. As tiring as that was, the weight of a three-year-old child only added to Amanda's strenuousness. Apart from that, the fact that Aiden caught a fever left her even more worried and bothered, but even so, there was nothing else she could do besides praying that they both could leave the mansion safely later dommy..." Aiden, who was suffering from a fever, kept calling out to Amanda. He sounded like a wounded animal, which broke Amanda's heart.

But she couldn't do anything at the moment. She needed to stick to Yacob's plan to make a successful escape, so she had to bear it all.

"Baby, Mommy is here. I'm sorry. Just hold on a little longer, okay? Yacob will rescue us soon."

Holding the child in her arms, she sneaked into Villa No. 4 with beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

It was completely dark in the villa. Everything remained untouched. Housecleaning was just an excuse. Symeon was aware that something was wrong from the beginning. Amanda carried Aiden to her bedroom upstairs and found that the room still looked the same as before she moved out. Even the bedsheet remained unchanged.

Standing in the middle of the room, she suddenly felt a chill running down her spine as if she had willingly walked into a trap.

Could it be that Symeon already found out about our plan? If so, Yacob coming here tonight is no different from walking right into an ambush!

She turned around to leave. Suddenly, the lights in the room turned on and the harsh light caught her off guard.

She involuntarily closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she was met by the sight of a man standing outside the room.

Amanda couldn't help but take a step back. Her eyes widened as if she had seen a ghost.

Symeon smiled at the sight of her shocked expression. "What about me? Curious to know why I didn't go to the airport and showed up here instead?"

"So, you set us up." Despair rose in Amanda's heart as she held Aiden in her arms tightly.

Symeon walked into the room. "That's not true. When I checked the surveillance footage,
Bless you for this great effort Immortal Holy

Are you following the story, I don't wanna post while you are not. Its costing me time big time
All those who are silently following the story should get interactive to make this story more interesting

Bro. I was far north and now I am back. If you still following the story I will update for you.
We thank God for the traveling mercies.
And yes, I'm still following this beautiful story

Chapter 427 The Plan Failed

"Mommy Mommy Aiden, who was suffering from a fever, ked calling out to Amanda He sounded like a wounded animal, which broke Amanda's heart

But she couldnt do anything at the moment she needed to stick to Yacob's plan to make a successful escape, so she had to bear it all

"Raby, Mommy is here. I'm sorry Just hold on a little longer, okay? Yacob will rescue us

Holding the child in her arms, she sneaked into Villa No 4 with beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

It was completely dark in the villa. Everything remained untouched. Housecleaning was just an excuse. Symeon was aware that something was wrong from the beginning Amanda carried Aiden to her bedroom upstairs and found that the room still looked the same as before she moved out. Even the bedsheet remained unchanged.

Standing in the middle of the room, she suddenly felt a chill running down her spine as if she had willingly walked into a trap

*So, you set us up." Despair rose in Amanda's heart as she held Aiden in her arms tightly.

Symeon walked into the room. That's not true. When I checked the surveillance footage, I found somebody entering the villa. I also heard your screams, but both you and Aiden denied it. Therefore, I became more cautious by taking preventive measures. I didn't expect you to fall for it so easily. So, are you planning to escape tonight? After learning that I'm leaving for a business trip, you deliberately chose to escape around this time."

Amanda didn't answer him. Instead, she only held Aiden tighter. What should I do next? Her mind was in a tangle.

She wanted to tell Yacob to not come here tonight, but she didn't even have a phone to call him.

I can't just sit around and watch him fall into the trap.

Her silence drew a chuckle out of Symeon. "You're not denying it? Then, it seems like I got that right. I must admit I underestimated you. You're more cunning than you look. I thought you would stay here obediently. Never did I expect you to have such a trick up your sleeve. Otherwise, I thought you would try hard to please me, so I would keep you by my side. Like that. you could at least see your child more frequently for the rest of your life. However, you chose the most foolish approach, which is to run away with the child."

At that, he took a step forward.

Amanda took a few steps back with Aiden in her arms. "Aiden is not your son!"

Even though she had told him the same thing countless times, he only sneered. "You keep denying it. If it was before, I might still have doubts. But you had admitted it. Now you want. to escape, so you deny that the child is mine again. What makes you think you can convince me this time?"

"No matter what your belief is, Aiden is not your son. The woman named Melissa is the one behind everything. She threatened to kill my son if I didn't come here with you. This is it. The truth."

He probably won't believe me. Amanda had such a feeling, but she still wanted to tell him the truth.

Symeon listened to her in silence. His expression betrayed nothing. At last, he asked, "Is that all? Anything else? If not, can you hand him over to me? Can't you see he is suffering from a fever? Is this how you, his mother, behave? Neglecting your child's health only to carry out. an escape plan that will never work? What, you think you can escape?"

Symeon took another step forward, trying to snatch the child from her.

Amanda held Aiden tightly and took several steps back. "Don't come any closer! And I don't need you to remind me that Aiden has a fever!"

"Mark my words. Even if I'm not around today, you don't stand a chance of escaping!"

syncon spoke with authority. He spoke as though he feared nothing. More accurately, he was at ease.

At the same moment, a figure showed up outside the window. The person knocked on the window. Even though the light in the room was on, they didn't receive any response.

Just when Amanda was about to tell the person to not come inside, Symeon rushed over to her and covered her mouth, restricting her from making any sound.

Yacob was shocked by the sight when he sneaked into the room. He never expected Symeon to hang around.

Amanda bit the hand that covered her mouth hard, causing Symeon to recoil in pain.

Then, she shouted, "Run! Don't worry about me!"

Yacob immediately did as told. He turned around and hopped over the window to escape. However, the commotion already attracted the attention of the bodyguards who patrolled the estate. Symeon walked over to the window and growled at the bodyguards waiting out there, "Get them! No one is going anywhere!"

"Mommy... I'm so cold..." Aiden fell into a deep sleep after one last cry. Amanda looked down at him as she cried, "Wake up, Aiden! Don't sleep!"

Symeon sprinted over and snatched Aiden from her.

"Give me back Aiden! Give him back!" Amanda reached out her hands, trying to take her child back.

To her surprise, two bodyguards rushed into the room and held her hands behind her. She was unable to struggle out of their grip.

Symeon watched her as she broke down in tears. He coldly accused, "The child needs to see the doctor. It'll be too late if he gets a high fever."

After that, he turned around and left the bedroom with Aiden in his arms.

The two bodyguards continued to hold Amanda in their iron grip. Her mobility was restrained.

At the same time, she heard a bodyguard calling outside. "We've got the man! Bring him to Mr. Lawrence!"

Amanda's eyes widened. She fell into bed in despair. They caught Yacob... What will happen next? What will Symeon do to him and the others?

The two bodyguards remained silent, so Amanda yelled angrily, "Answer me! What will he do?"

The bodyguards' expressions told her she wouldn't get any answer from them. They left her in the room and said, "It's none of your business. You let Mr. Lawrence down. From today. onwards, you'll stay in the room until you realize your mistakes. In addition, you are prohibited from seeing Mr. Aiden."

After that, the men closed the door and locked it.

"Open the door! Let me out! Bastards!"

Amanda rushed to the door, trying to open it but it just wouldn't budge. No matter how hard she knocked on the door, nobody answered her.

Chapter 428 Won't Keep a Disloyal Woman

Amanda slumped to the carpet in despair. She kept knocking on the door as she cried, but there was no response from the outside.

Aiden was having a fever while Yacob got caught. Besides, it had almost been a month, but Elias hadn't woken up.

How did things turn out this way? She felt despair enveloping her and as if there was no escape.

Meanwhile, Symeon immediately summoned the family doctor to treat Aiden.

After giving the child a checkup, the doctor injected the boy and concluded, "He needs to rest well and drink plenty of hot water. I gave him an injection to reduce his fever. All he needs is a good rest. He should be fine if his fever reduces after a night. He can only have light meals at the moment."

"Noted."

After the doctor left, Symeon sat on the bed. He looked down at the sleeping boy, whose cheeks flushed from the fever.

Symeon picked up a cooling patch and put it on Aiden's forehead.

Aiden mumbled in his sleep, "Daddy... Daddy...

"I'm here." Symeon held the boy's small hand, but deep down he knew that the boy wasn't calling out to him but to Elias.

To Aiden. Elias was his only father.

A while later, Aiden started calling out in his sleep again. "Mommy, Mommy, where are you?"

Symeon's face darkened when he heard Aiden calling for Amanda. He became angry at the thought of Amanda. It turns out her meekness and obedience are just an act.

He decided that from that day on, he would prohibit Amanda from meeting Aiden again. After all, they were bound to separate. Therefore, it was better to break off the tie between the mother and the child once and for all.

Dawn broke.

Amanda hadn't slept all night. She curled up in the corner, hugging her legs close to her chest. She buried her face between her knees.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening startled her. Her head snapped to the door, only to find Symeon pushing the door open and walking in.

She surged to her feet with nervousness written all over her face. She asked, "How is Aiden? Is he feeling better?"

He sneered at the flustered look on her face. "It's a surprise to know you care about him. To think you didn't get him a doctor when he was having a fever. You even thought about escaping with him in that state. You're a failed mother."

I asked you a question! How is Aiden doing? Answer me!" Amanda screamed at him as tears streamed down her face. Her heart ached at the thought of how the fever upset Aiden Last night.

Symeon smiled. The fever has gone down. All he needs is a good rest.”

Upon hearing this answer, Amanda slacked her shoulders in relief.

Thank goodness. Aiden is fine. Otherwise, I'll never forgive myself.

Symeon looked at her red eyes. It seems like she cried all night.

He teased, "Were you crying last night? I wonder whether it was out of regret or it was because your plan failed." Amanda didn't answer him. She moved to sit on the bed and looked at the morning sky outside the window.

Since she already got on his bad side, she no longer bothered to hide her true self as she ignored him.

But Symeon walked up to her and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Do you think you can get away by staying silent? We interrogated the person we caught last night, but he didn't say anything at all. He's really stubborn. I just want to know who sent him. It couldn't be Elias, right?"

Since it was a critical situation, Amanda knew better than to drag Elias into this matter.

Therefore, she denied, "Of course not! I've fallen out with Elias. He wouldn't come to save

me."

"Then, who else could it be? You're a charming woman, aren't you? Men are willing to play the white knights for you," Symeon mocked.

She snorted but didn't say anything.

"I'll have you know that you're not allowed to see Aiden starting today. From now on, he has nothing to do with you."

As soon as he finished the words, Amanda jumped out of bed and angrily shouted at him. "You don't get to decide this! Aiden is my son! He has everything to do with me! Who do you think you are? Are you that desperate to raise somebody else's child? How about taking some paternity tests to find out whether he is yours? Moreover, finding out Melissa's motives behind everything. If she doesn't have a grudge against you, then she must hate your guts, which is why she wants you to suffer such kind of punishment."

Why would Melissa do this? She's being unreasonable like a woman who is out of her mind.

"Amanda, you've said those same words countless times. Hearing them tires me out. But no matter what you say, you aren't seeing the child." Symeon didn't take her words to his heart. He turned on his heel to leave.

Amanda grabbed his arm, "Stop right there! Let Yacob go and give me back Aiden! Mark my words. You'll regret it. Aiden is not your son."

"I think you've gone crazy. I'll have a therapist come to treat you tomorrow. After all, you're the woman who gave birth to my child. I'll be nice to you."

At that, he turned around to look at her delicate face. For a moment, she had him in a trance. "How great would that be if only you were being genuine over the last few days..."

It would've been better if she hadn't been pretending all these days and wanted to stay by my side for real.

Symeon sneered at the thought. "Too bad your heart is given to somebody. I'm not keeping a woman who isn't loyal to me."

He pried her hand off his arm as he turned around to leave. He shut the door before her.

The gesture plunged Amanda's world into darkness. Exhausted, she didn't have the strength to knock on the door and shout anymore.

I wonder how Yacob is doing. Where are they keeping him?

I can't keep going on like this. It's too early to give up yet. I need to find a way to save Yacob and Aiden.

Elias is in a coma, so I'm the only person who could save everyone.

Amanda went to the window and scanned her surroundings. She was staying on the second floor, not too high from the ground. She could climb down if she made a rope out of the bed sheets.

Not nove. It has to wait. They'll find out my plan any second if I try to do this in broad daylight

She planned to sneak out of the room to find Aiden tonight. Then, she also needed to liet out where Yacob was being held

Even if she and Aiden might not be able tivescape, Yacob had to return to Elias, Otherwise. she would worry aliout Elias, who stayed alone in the country

Meanwhile, in a hospital in Cludan, the butler went to the hospital to check on Flias' well being because he hadn't been able to contact Yacob for the past few days.

As soon as he arrived outside the sick room, he was stopped by the bodyguard. "You can't go in. Mr. Winters is resting"

"It's me, his butler. I have something to discuss with Mr. Winters" He assumed that the bodyguard was new, and didn't recognize him. Therefore, he sidestepped the bodyguard as he tried to go inside the sick room.

Chapter 429 Couldn't Help but Shiver

"Are you sure? But I heard that Miss Momsey visits Mr. Winters every day. When did you start working for Mr. Winters? I don't remember seeing your face around."

The butler couldn't remember having the bodyguard around. Is it because I'm getting older? Did my memory fail me?

The bodyguard remained expressionless. "Mills asked me to protect Mr. Winters before he left. In the meantime, I only take orders from Mr. Winters"

Mills? The butler was surprised that the bodyguard referred to Yacob by his surname.

After a long stare-off, the defeated butler had no choice but to turn and leave.

Once he arrived in the lobby on the first floor by elevator, he immediately took out his phone and called Yacob, but nobody answered.

He had a feeling that something was wrong. How could a bodyguard, who trained under Yacob, address Yacob that way? They usually call him "Yacob.

Something is fishy about him. He's most likely an outsider. Besides, I can't reach Yacob either, which further confirmed something isn't right.

Inside the sick room, Elias leaned against the bed as he flipped through a financial magazine in boredom.

Meanwhile, Rosie had a gentle smile on her face as she peeled an apple beside him.

Elias had been itching to use his computer or his phone a long time ago, but Rosie kept. making up excuses and reasons to prevent him from using any of them. It was mainly because she didn't want him to find out the news about Amanda and Aiden online.

Over the last few days, she had been asking her men to work overtime to delete any photos of Amanda and Elias on the internet.

"Have an apple, Eli," she said.

His gaze moved from the magazine to her expectant face as he coldly replied, "You can have it. I don't feel like eating."

"Oh..." She had no choice but to take a bite of the apple herself before looking at his side profile. "Eli, what are you reading? Are you bored? Do you want to go out for a walk in the garden together?"

She had been staying with him over the past few days. Other than her, he had never seen anyone else. It's frustrating.

Since she claimed to be his girlfriend, he had no choice but to bear her presence.

"There's no need. I want to rest for a while. You should leave. He put the magazine aside.

Rosie noticed that he was down, so she suggested, "Let's go for a walk outside. You've been cooped up here all day. It's not good for your health. Please, Eli

Elias stared at the woman in front of him with a blank face. He had zero interest in Rosie. I wonder how I fell for her in the first place.

He lifted the blanket off him and slid out of the bed to leave.

Rosie grabbed a coat and followed him. "Wait for me. Eli. It's best to put on a coat. It's chilly in the autumn night."

In the garden, Elias looked at the yellow leaves falling before him.

Beside him. Rosie kept talking about past events, but he wasn't paying attention to a single word. He couldn't remember spending time with her in the past.

"Eli, do you remember? You used to take me on trips during autumn, Rosie said with a face full of longing. These were the scenes in her dreams, the moments she hoped to experience with Elias one day. Her dreams would be coming true if Amanda never came back.

It was as though God gave her a second chance, so she must seize it.

Elias glanced at her indifferently and answered, "I don't remember."

"Is that so? It's okay, though. We still have plenty of opportunities to create beautiful memories in the future. We'll make many memories together," Rosie said in wonderment. Our happy life together is about to begin.

Elias looked at those expectant eyes in silence.

He felt that he didn't love Rosie at all, but he couldn't bring himself to tell her.

Over the past few days, she told him about many things that happened between them. She emphasized that she endured a lot of hardships for him. He felt that he was no different from a sc*mbag if he broke up with his girlfriend, who had been staying by his side after he woke up from the accident.

He even instinctively avoided her attempt when she tried to hold his arm.

Rosie brought a hand to her head awkwardly as she spoke up to smooth things over. "It's okay. I understand that you haven't fully recovered your memory, so you don't remember anything. I won't rush you. Take your time."

She was so understanding, causing him to feel a sense of guilt. However, he couldn't ignore the strong sense of resistance in him.

Rosie was still chattering about their past, but Elias decided to cut in. "If I never get my memory back and can't remember you, will you still wait for me?"

He was told that he had been in a coma after the accident and almost became a vegetable. However, Rosie stayed by his bedside the whole time, never leaving. At last, he finally woke, She was stunned for a moment before casting a smile at him. "Yes, I'll wait. Otherwise, you'll definitely blame me if I don't once you recover your memory later."

He was speechless. Having nothing more to say, he moved forward in silence.

He didn't know what would happen after he regained his memory. At this stage, he didn't have any feelings for her. He treated her colder than he treated a stranger. Since he hardly said anything along the way, Rosie couldn't figure him out.

Before the accident, she couldn't even get close to him. But even though he lost his memory for the time being, she still felt like she hadn't gotten any closer to him.

At least we are closer than before. At least Eli believes that I'm his girlfriend.

"Eli, what are you thinking? Do you mind telling me? After all, we are dating," Rosie said.

Elias' attitude was cold. "Nothing. Just thinking about when I can leave the hospital. I want to go home."

Home... Just mentioning the word "home" made Rosie tremble with fear.

For now, she could keep Elias locked in a world in which only she existed. However, once they returned to the Winters Estate, he would see so many servants there. All of them knew about Amanda and Aiden's existence.

When the time came, he would spot her fabricated lies.

No! Eli can't go home!

"But Eli, I don't want you to go home." Rosie blocked his path.

Elias frowned. "Why? What's the reason?

"Because... Because once you go home, you'll throw yourself into intense work again and forget about me, your girlfriend. Now I enjoy every single day, which I can stay by your side all the time," Rosie confessed.

Elias couldn't help but shiver at the words. They were too cheesy, and he couldn't bear to listen.

However, Rosie claimed to be his girlfriend. Therefore, there was no way he could react uncharacteristically.

"It can't be helped. Otherwise, the Winters Family wouldn't be able to maintain its glory"

Rosie clenched her fists and bit her lip, unable to form a protest.

Chapter 430 Searching for Yacob

Lawrence Estate, late at night.

It was finally nighttime, and Amanda could carry out her plan. She pressed her ear against the door but heard no movement outside the room. Then, she went to the window. She found that all the lights in the estate were off, indicating that everyone was asleep at the moment. Therefore, she returned to the bed and took off the bedsheets and the quilt. She made a rope out of them before throwing it out of the window. She looked down from the window. The rope was long enough to help her get to the ground.

Although it shouldn't be too risky, she was still nervous. After all, it was her first time escaping from somewhere with a makeshift rope.

Sitting on the windowsill, she looked down at the lawn below. Lucky me. It isn't too high from here. I could make it to the ground in no time.

She took a deep breath before holding onto the makeshift rope tightly as she slowly descended from the window.

It took Amanda nearly half an hour to reach the ground safely. By the time she reached the ground, she was covered in sweat and her heart was racing.

Exhausted, she collapsed on the lawn, gasping for breath.

Planning and practicing are different things, huh?

The combination of nervousness, excitement, and fear was agonizing. Fortunately, she landed safely.

After resting for a short while, she got up from the lawn and quickly left the area. She walked into somewhere darker.

Quietly, she arrived at Villa No. 5. She sneaked into the living room, which was pitch black. Everyone should be asleep.

She didn't dare to take the elevator, so she had to ascend the stairs to reach the second floor. After opening the door, she saw Aiden curl up in bed, seemingly asleep. Upon catching sight of her son, she burst into tears.

She walked into the room and closed the door. After that, she approached the bed, looking at her sleeping son.

"Aiden..." Amanda softly called out, not expecting him to immediately open his eyes.

"Mommy..." Aiden rubbed his eyes in disbelief. When he realized that Amanda was really standing there, he threw himself into her arms, wrapping his arms around her neck tightly. She involuntarily hugged him back.

"Where were you, Mommy? The strange man told me that you left and you didn't want me anymore...

Amanda couldn't help but frown at the words. That man is out of his mind! How could he say things to a child? Doesn't he know such words could hurt a child's feelings? "That's not true. I'll never abandon you. He was just joking."

"That's good to hear. I believe you, Mommy."

Amanda smiled at his consideration. "Be a good boy and wait here. I'll come to pick you up once I find Yacob. Is that alright with you?"

She wanted to bring Aiden along, but it would increase their chance of getting caught.

Besides, it was safer for him to stay here. After all, Symeon believed that Aiden was his son. Therefore, he would never mistreat Aiden.

"Okay."

She smiled and patted her son's head. "You're such a good boy. One more thing, don't make that stranger angry, okay?"

As long as Symeon believed that Aiden was his son, all Aiden needed to do was be obedient. With that, Symeon would spoil Aiden without a doubt. "Sure... Mommy, I'm sleepy."

"Then, sleep." Amanda helped Aiden to lie on the bed before covering him with a blanket. She gently patted him to sleep.

A while later, Aiden fell into a deep slumber. His steady breathing was a sign.

Reluctantly, she kissed her son's forehead for the last time before she left the bedroom. quietly.

After making sure that Aiden's fever had subsided, she needed to start looking for Yacob next.

Amaisha had no chance

She stood there cluelessly without any idea about where to begin her search.

She bad walked around the estate last time, but she didn't see any secret passages or anything of the sort

Ten villas were scattered in the estate. She currently had ruled out Villa No. 4, where she was staying and Villa No. & where Aiden was staying could Yacob be

At that moment, she saw two men walking in her direction. Her eyes widened in fear at the idea of getting caught. She quickly hid in the nearby bushes

"That guy is half-dead already. Should we inform Master about this?"

"We don't need to. Just continue the interrogation. That guy can take it. We've been interrogating him for the past twenty-four hours, but he just won't say a word. He's a tough one? "Then, you can handle it tonight. I'm exhausted. I barely slept last night."

Their conversation angered Amanda. How dare they lay a hand on Yacob?

Clenching her fists, she followed the two men secretly. I'm sure I can find where Yacob is being held if I go after these two.

She followed them all the way to Villa No. 7. It wore her legs out. Finally, the two men stopped.

It seems like they're keeping Yacob here. She scanned her surroundings to make sure nobody was around. Then, she sneaked into the villa after the pair.

To her surprise, the two men didn't go upstairs. Instead, they headed toward the basement.

my guess is right, I'll find Yacob in the basement.

When she followed the men to the basement, she was stopped by a door with a digital lock The two men were about to enter the room.

Amanda carefully watched the man's finger as one of them entered the password. She tried to remember the password, but she wasn't confident that it was correct.

After the door closed, she approached the door and studied the digital lock in worry. She had to get the passcode right on the first try as entering the wrong code would surely trigger the alarm.

After repeating the scene of the man entering the password in her mind, she opened her eyes and quickly entered the passcode.

The door opened with a beep.

Even Amanda herself was shocked. I can't believe I did it!

She opened the door and slipped in quietly.

As soon as she entered the room, she heard screams. There are at least four to five of them. Why are there so many people down here?

There were many rooms underground. She tried her luck with the first room. Through the window on the door, she found a man being beaten and interrogated. She recognized the man as one of Elias' bodyguards, who was also a subordinate of Yacob.

Does it mean they caught Yacob and all his companions that night?

Tears welled up in Amanda's eyes, and she clenched her fists in determination.

She walked down the corridor as she listened to the screams. She felt bad for them..

When she finally arrived at the last room, she heard insults coming out of the room. The voices belonged to the two men she followed earlier.

She peeked into the room and found Yacob on a chair. His upper body was stripped naked. The men were applying a violent electric shock to him.

D*mn it! Symeon is a sick man! He even designed a torture room in his estate!

No matter the torture, Yacob remained silent from the beginning and didn't even make a sound.

He took it in silence even though the sc*mbags insulted him, beat him, or electrocuted him.

Amanda couldn't bear to watch him suffer.

Chapter 431 Mr Winters Gets Angry

In Cludan, Elias pushed the vase and fruit plate beside him to the ground with a loud crash, making a piercing sound.

Rosie had been explaining something to the bodyguard outside the door and immediately rushed in when she heard the sound from the room.

"Eli, what's wrong with you? Are you okay?" She looked worried, followed closely by the bodyguard.

Elias stood by the window with his back to them, and demanded in a deep voice, "Go handle the discharge procedures. I want to leave the hospital."

She glanced at the bodyguard behind her before putting on a soft expression and walking up to the man. "Eli, listen to me. The doctor has suggested that you stay in the hospital for a month. It's only been a few days since you woke up and your body hasn't fully recovered yet

Before she could finish, the man interrupted her mercilessly, "I said I want to leave. Go get me discharged. Why? Can't you do as I say?"

Elias looked at the bodyguard as he murmured the words and the latter instinctively looked at her, not knowing what to do.

Elias followed his gaze toward Rosie and was utterly enraged. "Why are you looking at her? Who do you work for? I told you to get me discharged! Get out!"

"Mr. Winters..." The bodyguard didn't know what to do since he was initially working for Rosie anyway.

She gave him a look as a signal, and the bodyguard instantly understood. "Yes, I'll go now."

He turned and left the ward but instead of handling the discharge, he waited outside the door for her to come out.

She was a little flustered because this was the first time Elias had gotten angry since he woke and it was just as terrifying as before. She smiled awkwardly. "Eli, don't be angry. We stopped you from leaving for your own good."

"There's no need. I want to leave. Get me a set of clothes," Elias said expressionlessly.

She saw that there was no way to stop him, so she nodded in agreement. "Then, I'll get ready."

When Rosie left the ward, the bodyguard who had been waiting for a while enquired, Momsey, what should we do? Should we really get him discharged?"

She frowned. "We have no choice. Otherwise, he will become suspicious."

"Then, I'll do it." suggested the bodyguard.

"Wait, after you handle the discharge procedures, tidy up the residence in Flimley. I'll let Elias stay there temporarily. We can't let him go back to the estate for now."

"Understood."

She looked back at the ward as if she could see the angry man through the door.

Did Eli want to leave the hospital because he sensed something? That was impossible. It seemed that he hadn't regained his memories at all or he would have kicked her out long ago. He hadn't though, which meant that Eli hadn't regained his memory and had even accepted the fact that she was his girlfriend.

Thinking of this, a sweet smile appeared on her face.

Meanwhile, Amanda hid in the secret underground room in Lawrence Estate and waited for the two men to leave before secretly approaching the door of the room where Yacob was being held. There was a password lock and also a fingerprint lock so she couldn't get in and could only shout through the small window on the door. "Yacob! Wake up! It's me, Amanda'

Yacob!"

She had to shout several times before he eventually stirred slightly, and she continued calling out, "Yacob, I'm Amanda! Wake up quickly!"

He lay on the cold and damp floor, struggling to lift his head and look towards the door when he indistinctly heard her voice. He seemed to have really seen her face. Could he be dreaming? How did Amanda find her way here?

When he heard Amanda call his name again, he became sure that this wasn't a dream. His voice was weak and hoarse. "You.... How did you get here? Leave quickly!"

"I'm here to save you! Are you okay? Can you hold on?"

"I don't need your saving! Just leave! Protecting yourself and Mr. Aiden is more important. than anything else." He coughed from the pain in his wounds after exerting himself while speaking. Amanda glanced behind her to check that there was no one there before lowering her voice. "Stop talking nonsense! Let me tell you, Yacob, I will find a way to save you and get you out of here! If it weren't for your unwavering loyalty to Elias, I wouldn't have come to rescue you."

Mr. Winters...

Thinking of Elias, Yacob couldn't help but furrow his brows, wondering if his employer had woken up yet.

"How do you plan to save me when you can't even ensure your own safety?" Yacob chuckled. He never expected to rely on a woman to save him, plus how could Amanda save him? It was practically putting her in a difficult position.

Amanda remained silent for a few seconds. "Don't worry about it. I will find a way. Just hold on for two more days."

After speaking. Amanda turned and left.

After leaving Villa No. 7, Amanda didn't return the same way she had come but went directly to find Symeon.

It was already around 5 a.m. and one servant had already woken up to prepare for work. They walked past Amanda sleepily while yawning and were awakened instantly after seeing her as if they had seen a ghost.

"You-"

"Where is your master? I need to see him."

"He's... in Villa No. 5 and living with the young master in adjacent rooms."

"Thanks." She walked straight toward Villa No. 5 and entered the villa openly, shocking the housekeeper who was cleaning the place. Amanda didn't say anything and walked upstairs to the room next to Aiden's.

So, this man was living next to Aiden. Her sneaking in to see the baby had really been. dangerous in retrospect. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door, but there was not response from within, so she simply pushed open the door and walked in. The dim desk lamp illuminated the man sleeping on the bed. It turned out that this pervert didn't like turning off the lights when he slept.

She stood in front of the bed while looking at him and pushed him without hesitation. "Mr. Lawrence, wake up. I have something to discuss with you."

In fact, she wanted to call this man a pervert!

Symeon hadn't entered into a deep sleep and opened his eyes the moment he heard her

voice. When he saw Amanda standing in front of the bed, he was somewhat surprised and t up abruptly. "How did you get in?"

He clearly remembered that Amanda was locked in Room No. 4 of the villa, so how could she have appeared in front of his bed? Was he dreaming?

"Don't worry about that. All I want to say is that you can have Aiden, but release me and everyone you captured."

Amanda certainly wouldn't surrender her son, but she had to free herself in order to save him. She couldn't save the child with just herself and Yacob; instead, she had to go back and wake Elias and let him intervene. The only one who could confront Symeon was Elias now.

Chapter 432 Let Me Go

Symeon squinted his eyes, thinking he had misheard. "You mean you just want to leave with them without fighting for your son anymore? You don't want to take him from me?"

This did not seem characteristic of her since she had sworn to protect the child with her life. so why had she suddenly changed her mind?

Her voice was choked. "Of course, I don't want to give Aiden up, but I know I can't win. against you. You won't give him back to me, plus... the child will be better cared for with you. I have also realized my situation and don't want to fight with you anymore."

"It's good that you understand."

It was just... Why did he feel a little reluctant to let her go?

"Let me go since I won't bother you anymore, and release those people. They are innocent. and were just following orders, suggested Amanda.

"Let me think about it."

She found his response strange. He actually said he needed to think about it. She had already made such a concession, yet he still needed to consider it. What was going on in this man's mind?

"I've already made this big of a compromise, but you still need to think about it. How far do you have to push me before you are satisfied?" She was unbearably angry but had nowhere to vent her rage. Seeing her agitation made Symeon smile, feeling that this was the reaction and expression Amanda should have. He had wanted to keep Amanda here for a while, hoping that she would give in and stay by his side with the child, and hadn't expected this sudden turn of events.

"How do I know if you're playing tricks? You're a very cunning woman, so I have to be on guard." Symeon lay back on the bed, pulling up the blanket, and looked at her. "I'm going to sleep a little longer. Are you leaving or staying? If you are staying, come sleep with me."

"You b*stard!" She angrily turned and left.

He watched her figure indulgently. "Once I've made up my mind, I will find you. Go back to your room or I will just kill those people."

Amanda's body stiffened for a moment as she walked out the door before she continued on her way. Symeon didn't seem so easily fooled; if he didn't make up his mind, she would be trapped here forever. She could handle being pampered with good food and drink. every day, but what about Yacob and the others? If they were tortured like thus for a few more days their lives would be in danger.

Amanda walked out of Villa No. 5 and happened to run into the butler who had risen early He froze at the sight of her and almost couldn't recover. "You. What are you doing here?

I'm going back now, don't worry. I won't cause you any trouble, Amanda replied, brushi past him but then remembering something and turning back. "Do you have Elizabeth's contact detaile❞ "Why are you asking for that?

"Never mind. Just give it to me. I need to talk to her about something"

"Do you think I would give it to you? Hurry back, it would be a disaster if the master found out." He urged her to return to her room.

She smiled. "Even if I go back, do you think I can stay there obediently? If you let me call her. then I will stay in my room obediently. Otherwise, I will come out again."

The housekeeper had no choice but to take out his own phone and dial Elizabeth's number. "Miss Elizabeth, Miss Bailey wants to talk to you.”

He then handed the phone to Amanda. "You have one minute, and I will be listening

Amanda took the phone. "Miss Elizabeth, can you come to see me? Your fiancé has locked me up, and I'm feeling a bit bored and lonely. I want someone to chat with."

"What? Do you think we have anything to talk about?" asked Elizabeth.

"Who knows? Maybe we'll find something the longer we chat."

Elizabeth fell silent for a few seconds. "Wait for me."

She then hung up the phone, and Amanda handed it back to the butler. "Okay, I will go back to my room and stay there obediently now."

The housekeeper seemed to have read her thoughts. "It's useless. Mr. Lawrence's temper can't be pacified. Not even Miss Elizabeth can do it.

"I just want someone to talk to. I don't know anyone here." She smiled faintly and left.

Amanda returned to her room and quietly kept the bedsheet that she had twisted into a rope. It seemed that the security in this mansion wasn't very strict if it hadn't been discovered for so long.

After about an hour, Elizabeth arrived. This time, she came to the mansion not to lind Symeon but headed directly toward Amanda, which was unexpected by everyone.

Entering the room, Elizabeth looked at Amanda, who was lying on the bed, looking drowsy "Why did you invite me here? You didn't just want me to watch you sleep, did you?" Amanda stretched lazily. She was indeed very tired since she hadn't slept for a day and a night, but she still forced herself to sit up. "I called you for a chat. I don't know anyone here after all."

Elizabeth sat on the single-seater couch nearby. "How have you ended up like this? I saw that you were treated well a few days ago. Why are you locked up now?"

"I don't want anything now. I just want to leave. Can you help me?" Amanda didn't want to beat around the bush anymore and directly stated her purpose since this negotiation style was most suitable for dealing with non-locals.

Elizabeth wasn't surprised by Amanda's decision because she knew Amanda would eventually see through everything. "How can I help you? You don't want to stay with Symeon anymore? You don't want anything? Are you sure you won't regret it in the future?"

"No. With you here, I can't develop anything with Symeon. I just want to leave unscathed." murmured Amanda.

Elizabeth shrugged helplessly. "I would like to help you but as you know, Symeon doesn't listen to me. Whatever I say to him is useless."

Elizabeth wasn't surprised by Amanda's decision because she knew Amanda would eventually see through everything.

"I don't want you to persuade him. I want you to help me leave. Once I'm gone, his attention. will gradually return to you." Amanda began to persuade Elizabeth, not caring about the situation anymore since leaving was her top priority. After all, Amanda had to save Yacob and the others and search for Elias after that.

Clearly, Elizabeth was convinced. With Amanda by Symeon's side, it would be difficult for him to pay attention to Elizabeth. Thus, it was better to get rid of Amanda quickly, which will give Elizabeth more opportunities to develop a relationship with Symeon.

"How can I help you?"

Chapter 433 Mr Winters Is Discharged From the Hospital

Great, she took the bait.

Amanda's eyes darted around. "Is there anyone that Symeon is afraid of? Whom does he fear the most?"

"The person he fears the most... For a moment, Elizabeth couldn't think of anyone that fitted the criteria. He was the head of the Lawrence Family and the most powerful person there. after all, so who could he possibly fear?

But...

Elizabeth suddenly had a glimmer in her eyes. "I know. He fears his father. Well, it's not exactly fear, but more like respect. He listens to his father's words and follows them as if they are orders."

"Alright then, find his father and tell him that you're unhappy because of my presence and that you want me to leave. His father will put pressure on Symeon, and we won't have to worry about the rest." Elizabeth nodded and turned away but turned back to Amanda as if remembering something. "I want to ask you a question."

"Go ahead."

"Do you really have no feelings for Symeon at all?" Elizabeth couldn't believe it. How could a woman not be moved by a man as outstanding and handsome as Symeon? And why did she secretly have a child? In order to allow Aiden to stay here safely for a while, Amanda could only reluctantly answer, "I'm tired. He doesn't care about me at all. He only wanted a child when he found me and now, I can't compete with Aiden, so I want to leave and live my own life."

This explanation was enough to convince Elizabeth. After all, women were like this. When they couldn't see a future or hope, they would naturally retreat. Meanwhile, Symeon had finally woken up and, after getting ready, changed into a suit.

He was preparing to go to the company when the butler followed after him. "Master, Miss Elizabeth visited this morning, but she went directly to see Miss Bailey." Symeon stopped in his tracks and turned to the butler. "She went to find Amanda? Why?"

The butler shook his head, indicating his ignorance. He didn't dare mention that he discovered Amanda had escaped from her room though, especially the fact that he had given Amanda Elizabeth's contact information. He thought he was the only one who knew about Amanda's escape and wanted to keep it a secret.

Symeon had originally planned to go to his company but then decided to go to Villa No. 4 since he wanted to see Amanda. Her attitude had changed too quickly, making him feel like this woman was playing tricks.

He arrived at her room and after the butler opened the door, he walked in. It was quiet, and she was lying asleep on the bed, looking exhausted. He stood in front of the bed, staring at her for a long time. As if feeling uncomfortable being stared at, she suddenly rose from her sleep and screamed, "Oh!"

She gasped for breath and regained her senses after seeing Symeon. Sitting up, she couldn't help but scold, "Are you crazy? Do you know how terrifying it is to startle someone like that?"

"When I woke up from my sleep and saw you, my reaction wasn't as exaggerated." He chuckled lightly.

"Did you come here just to scare me?"

Symeon replied, "Of course not. I want to ask why Elizabeth came to find you."

"What else? She's your fiancée, so she probably doesn't like seeing me here. How could she be in a good mood after you brought me to your house? Don't you know how to comfort her? She has nowhere to vent her anger, so she can only take it out on me."

"Are you telling me all this so that I can look for her and stand up for you?" He raised an eyebrow.

Amanda smiled. "You won't, and you shouldn't. I'm not important to you, so why would you provoke your fiancée for someone insignificant like me?"

Symeon didn't like her sarcastic tone.

"How badly have I treated you?" Was that why Amanda had the determination to leave, even if it means leaving her child behind?

She chuckled lightly and flicked her hair. "It's not that bad, but you can be a little more straightforward. Let me and those people go, and you and your fiancée can have peace."

That being said, the more she wanted to escape, the more he didn't want her to leave. This feeling was strange and hard to explain.

"I said I will consider it. Until I make up my mind, you have to stay here obediently. If continue to run around, be careful that I'll kill those people directly After saying that, Symeon turned and left without looking back

After being left alone, she sighed and leaned back on the bed, feeling melancholic. There were too many things she needed to worry about now, and only she could handle them.

Back in Cludan, after completing the discharge procedure, Rosie didn't bring Elias back to Winters Estate but instead took him to a residential property under her name,

After entering the house, he looked around with unfamiliar eyes. He had no memory of this 300-square-meter apartment and it felt like he had never lived here before. "I used to live here?"

"Of course not. The Winters Family is wealthy, and you have many properties under your name. This is just one of them. We'll stay here tonight. I'm afraid you won't be comfortable going back to the estate. You used to live there," explained Rosie.

He surveyed the place and then sat down on the sofa. Suddenly, he asked. "Did you live with me before?"

"No. Even though we were a couple, you respected my wishes and never forced me into anything

He felt a sense of relief at her words since he subconsciously didn't want to have any connection with this woman. "Give me my phone."

Rosie panicked. How could she give him his phone? What if there were many pictures of Amanda and her son in the album? That would expose everything.

Seeing her lack of response, Elias demanded again, "Give me my phone. I've been discharged and using my phone is not such a big deal."

"Well, your phone couldn't be found after the car accident, so I'll have them buy you a new one.

He fell silent for a few seconds. "Give it to me tomorrow morning."

"Okay. It's already late now. Do you want to rest?"

Before she could finish her sentence, he had already walked towards the bedroom. "Im going to bed. Knock on my door tomorrow morning while bringing along my new phone. Remember, don't change my phone number. I still want to use my old one."

"Okay"

Chapter 434 Brother-In-Law?

Early the following morning, Rosie brought a phone to the door and knocked on it. "Eli, it's me."

The door slowly opened only after a few minutes and Elias extended his arm out while in a robe. "Give me the phone. I won't be having breakfast, so you don't have to wait for me."

She didn't have a chance to say anything before he took the phone and closed the door, leaving her alone to face the cold sound from it.

Why does it feel like he is still so indifferent to me even though he has lost his memory?

Inside the room, Elias opened his contacts first after getting the phone. There were many numbers, but he couldn't remember any of them. Of course, Amanda and Yacob's phone numbers had been blocked, so he couldn't see them.

He held the phone but didn't know who to call. He wanted to go out and familiarize himself with his previous life, but Rosie, who claimed to be his girlfriend, kept stopping him, which made him feel suspicious. He felt that she seemed to be afraid of him getting in touch with his past life for some unknown reason.

He looked at the names in his contacts but didn't want to call any of them, so he threw the phone aside and went to bed directly. Although his body had recovered quite a bit, the car accident had caused him serious injuries, and overexerting his mind would give him headaches and dizziness.

Suddenly, the phone rang. He abruptly opened his eyes, got up, and picked up the phone, which displayed an unfamiliar number. He looked at the unfamiliar number for a moment. hesitated, and then answered the call.

A woman's voice came from the other end. "Elias, what's wrong with you? Why did you block my number? Even if you've become my brother-in-law, there's no need to block me!" Brother-in-law?

This phone call contained way too much information, so he asked in return, "Who are you?"

"What's wrong with you? Do you think I want to call you? It's just that I haven't been able to contact my sister recently. My parents are worried, so they asked me to call and ask you about it. What has happened since all of you seem to have disappeared recently? What happened to my sister, and where is Aiden? My parents miss Aiden-

Suddenly, Rosie knocked on the door. "Eli, open the door. I have something important to tell you."

Elias hung up the phone directly and turned his head to look at the door impatiently. Why was Rosie so persistent?

After he had walked over and opened the door, she gave him a fake smile. "Eli, let me borrow your phone again. I forgot to set up something for you earlier."

"What is it?" He frowned.

"It's this.

Rosie snatched the phone from his hand and then opened the settings to set up something. After that, she opened his contacts and turned around to sit on the couch beside her, deleting Jack Allegra's phone number in that short moment. She had just remembered that she had. forgotten Jack's number. If he called Elias, it would expose everything.

"Okay, I just set up the internet for you."

Elias took the phone and answered indifferently, "I can set it up myself. You don't have to worry so much."

Rosie rubbed her head and smiled. "I'm just used to taking care of you."

She suddenly thought of what the woman on the phone had said earlier about him being her brother-in-law.

Does Rosie have a sister?

"Do you have a sister?" he asked.

Rosie was stunned and shook her head. "No, I only have a brother. Why?"

"Nothing. I just thought if you had a sister, she would be very happy."

He was testing her, but she was so in love with him and couldn't help falling for Elias' praise. Then, with a sweet smile, she said, "I've always wanted a sister, but I don't have one..."

He responded, "Hmm, I have a bit of a headache and want to sleep a little longer. Call me when it's time for lunch."

"Okay, Eli, you must rest more. It was a little risky for you to be discharged from the hospital. so early." She didn't disturb him any longer and turned to leave the room..

The moment the door closed, his handsome face instantly darkened. Rosie didn't have a sister, yet the woman on the phone had called him her brother-in-law.

That does this mean?

Outside Winters Estate, the Allegra Family, including Jack, Edith, and Stephanie, had come to the estate to see Amanda and her son since they hadn't been able to reach Amanda. recently or couldn't contact Elias either.

Jack was close to assuming that the family of three had been kidnapped, since they wouldn't have suddenly disappeared otherwise.

"What's going on? I can't reach Amanda, and you can't even contact Elias when you're his butler. What about Yacob? Has he disappeared too?" Jack was getting annoyed and scolded the butler.

The butler looked aggrieved since he couldn't talk about the accident, not to mention tell Jack about the strange details he had noticed. So, he could only silently endure it.

"I couldn't contact Yacob either." That was true; he hadn't been able to reach Yacob for a long time.

Stephanie also looked puzzled and told her father, "It's really suspicious. When I called Elias just now, he seemed like he completely didn't recognize us. It's so strange. What is he playing at? Where did he take Amanda and the child?"

Indeed, many things had happened at the estate but the butler couldn't say anything. That had been Yacob's instructions before leaving.

At the Lawrence Estate, Elizabeth had somehow gone to complain to Symeon's father, which infuriated him so much that he rushed over from Carrania overnight.

In the study, he angrily scolded Symeon for having a child out of wedlock while scattering things all over the floor. However, Symeon didn't argue from beginning to end and allowed. his father to insult him.

"You actually did such a thing. I can't believe it. You useless waste! You actually had a child. out of wedlock. Why are you still keeping that woman in your home? How am I supposed to explain this to Elizabeth? When do you plan to let that woman leave?"

Symeon coughed. "I'm planning to let her leave soon. I'm keeping her here because the child. is not yet ready to adapt to a life without his mother."

After shouting at Symeon for a long time, his father got tired and sighed deeply before sitting down on a chair. "At this point, it's too late to say anything else. If the child belongs to the Lawrence Family, then he must stay, though that woman absolutely cannot. She will affect the relationship between you and Elizabeth."

Relationship? Ha ha ha. It's really laughable.

Symeon felt like there was no relationship between him and his fiancée at all.