"Dragon Son-in-law" a.k.a. Millionaire Son-in-law, Charlie Wade Story. Translated by Junlee (aka Jungal2000)

Charlie Wade is a househusband son-in-law whom everyone looks down upon. However, unknown to them, his true identity is that of the young master from a top-tier family. Those who once belittled him will eventually kneel before him, trembling with fear and calling him "Master!" ...

The MC is Charlie Wade, and there's this girl Claire Wilson. They're in this savage clapback novel called "Ultimate Dragon Honcho", penned by this dude Ye Gongzi. Everyone knew Charlie Wade was the son-in-law of the Wilson family. Like, Grandpa Wilson legit pulled this broke boy outta nowhere and made him marry his grand daughter/princess, Claire. But bro's got no skills, no dough 💸, and Claire had to deal with so much BS 'cause of him. He even had the nerve to ask for money during Grandma Wilson's big party, making Claire hella embarrassed 😳. They kicked Charlie Wade out, but then plot twist! 🌀 Some butler dude shows up. Turns out, Charlie Wade's actually from the uber-rich Wade clan. The butler's like, "Come home, fam." But since his parents were, like, done dirty by the Wade fam, he's like "Nah." But he did take his grandpa’s black card loaded with 10 billion. 💳💰 #MicDrop

Author: Charlie Wade
Category: Urban Fiction
Last Updated: October 18, 2023

Last edited:
Even IGM junlee has some fear for this active villager 🤣. IGM junlee doesn't dare challenge this active villager on this subject matter. IGM is honourable like Yamamoto
No, no.. Its typo error.. Im supposed to type - you have something for Japanese ladies.. Hahaha

Tho I don't know much about Japanese women but among the far easterners, I like Korean women for beauty, porcelain-like skin, their tall and slender legs,

Even IGM junlee has some fear for this active villager 🤣. IGM junlee doesn't dare challenge this active villager on this subject matter. IGM is honourable like Yamamoto
I dont fear you. Can get u down kneeling by simply releasing my aura... 🤣 Its just really a typo..

I lost my grandpa this morning and he is very dear to me, so I will take some time off, I will like IGM junlee to take care of Nanako for me, thank God you are married you wouldn't dare try anything with her.
I dont fear you. Can get u down kneeling by simply releasing my aura... 🤣 Its just really a typo..

I lost my grandpa this morning and he is very dear to me, so I will take some time off, I will like IGM junlee to take care of Nanako for me, thank God you are married you wouldn't dare try anything with her.
Sorry for your lost, man. I am very close to my grandpa and it was very hard when i lost him. Get your much needed time off and be safe.

I don't think Charlie can handle all these beautiful burdens, I implore my sex sect comrades to assist Charlie, SGM prodigy you can have Haidee, GM Emeka you can have Sarah, pls leave Nanako for me. IGM junlee you can have Mrs junlee, don't think you are participating in this matter. It's only for the singles helping this married Charlie.
You got the right choice for me man,I am really going to enjoy cultivating with this available resource

You are so poor mate
I can feel your pain
I'm really sorry
Yeah imagine watching a concert of someone who sing songs you dont know of... Im too old for these songs,so yeah, i sat down and wait for the concert to finish.

Tho I don't know much about Japanese women but among the far easterners, I like Korean women for beauty, porcelain-like skin, their tall and slender legs,
Japanese women are cultured, reserved and respectful although they may seem arrogant at first.

I think you're a match made in heaven...😁

For her own safety, Charlie should divorce Claire.😁
I see whats going on there 😂, this Sarah fans. But in reality certain things just can't happen. No matter how this book can be interesting and fictional, we can't wish for someone to divorce neither can we pray for death due to accident or deliberate harm to before her. Claire hasn't done anything wrong and I know we are somehow saying this things becos we want to escape the reality we are living in, but its just temporary after anybody here reads the day's chapter we fall back into our realm or reality

Chapter 1401 - "From Orphan to Oracle: The Charlie Wade Chronicles"

On the way home, Charlie drove with Claire sitting in the passenger seat, still bubbling with excitement.

Her social media feed had exploded today, with countless likes and comments, envying her for having such good luck to dine with the hottest female star, Haidee Snow.

Claire kept her head down, fiddling with her phone, excitement evident on her face.

After replying to a few friends' comments, she looked at Charlie with admiration and blurted out, "Honey, I just realized today how amazing you are. I never thought even a big star like Haidee would appreciate your ability to read Feng Shui. Do you really have some skills besides bluffing people?"

Charlie chuckled, "I never said I'm bluffing about Feng Shui. It's just that you, Dad, and Mom always thought I was bluffing. Feng Shui is something passed down from our ancestors, with traces to follow."

Claire nodded seriously, "I know Feng Shui is passed down from our ancestors, and I believe in it. I just find it hard to believe you know about it."

Charlie, feeling challenged, asked, "Why don't you believe I know about Feng Shui?"

Claire replied, "Because I know you! As you said yourself, you grew up in an orphanage since childhood, and they don't teach Feng Shui there. After leaving the orphanage, you worked on construction sites, and then my grandfather arranged for me to marry you. In these years, you've been managing household chores at home, and I've never seen you study Feng Shui."

Charlie smiled and said, "Feng Shui is about study. When you were at work, I used to study the Book of Changes and the Eight Trigrams at home. The more I studied, the more I understood."

In fact, before obtaining the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture, Charlie didn't know much about Feng Shui.

He only learned some Wing Chun (a style of Chinese martial arts known for its practicality, efficiency, and close-range combat techniques) when he was young, as there was a martial arts tradition in the Wade family, and Ip Man was a branch of the Wade family.

(Ye Wen" (叶问) is the Chinese name of the legendary martial artist better known as "Ip Man" in English. Ip Man was a renowned master of Wing Chun and is widely recognized for his role in popularizing the art and teaching notable students, including Bruce Lee.)

In contrast to the main Wade family line, which focused mostly on business, the Ip Man branch focused on practicing Wing Chun.

Now, Charlie's medical skills, alchemy, Feng Shui secrets, and even some profound metaphysical arts, were all learned from the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture.

However, this was the biggest secret in his life, something he couldn't tell his wife, Claire, and maybe never tell anyone else in his lifetime.

Besides the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture, the second biggest secret in his life was his identity as the young master of the Wade family.

However, it was difficult to keep this a secret from the world, as the people of the Wade family and their servants all knew him.

But his wife, as well as most people in Aurous Hill, still didn't know.

As they returned home, Claire was still busy replying to her social media feed, heading into the villa with her head down.

Charlie parked the car and was about to get out when he received a voice message from Haidee on WeChat, asking, "Brother Charlie, my stomach isn't feeling well. Could you send me some Nine Profound Stomach Powder?"

Charlie replied, "Sister Haidee, if you need stomach powder, I'll ask Lorden to send some over to you. Don't worry, I'll ask him to send you more. Will ten boxes be enough for you?"

Previously, Charlie didn't want to reveal too much about the Nine Profound Stomach Powder before its market release.

However, for Haidee, he naturally had to make an exception.

But Haidee said at this moment, "Brother Charlie, my stomach hurts, shouldn't you come to give me the medicine personally? After searching for you for so many years, and just reuniting after a long separation, all I need is my fiancé! Anyway, my stomach hurts badly now, it's up to you! If you don't care about me, I'll complain to my dad. If that doesn't work, I'll tell your wife the truth!"

Chapter 1402 - "A Promise Remembered: Charlie and Haidee's Tale"

Charlie awkwardly said, "Miss Snow, my relationship with your sister-in-law is quite stable. You can't be the third wheel here!"

"Me, the third wheel?" Haidee angrily retorted, "Wade, when I was four or five, my parents arranged for us to be engaged! You've only been married for three or four years!"

"Moreover, you disappeared for so many years. Not only did I not forget you, but I also didn't betray our engagement. All these years, I brainwashed myself. No matter how good a man I met, I told myself I already had a fiancé. Now that I've finally found you, you're saying I'm the third wheel?!"

Haidee became more furious as she spoke.

She didn't want to make a big deal out of it with Charlie. Mentioning her disappointment was just a way to playfully scold him.

But, she didn't expect Charlie to claim she was the third wheel.

This immediately ignited the resentment in her heart!

Having dinner with Claire, who insisted on calling her Mrs. Wade, was already annoying. If anyone was the third wheel, it was Claire interfering in her engagement with Charlie.

Now, Charlie, inverting the truth, accused her of being the third wheel. This made her feel even more wronged.

She cried and said, "Wade! When you get to Eastcliff, I'll show you dozens of diaries I've written over the past decade! If there's not a single entry without you, then I'll admit defeat! You, big fool, hurt me for so many years, and now you're treating me like this. Do you have no conscience?"

Charlie felt a headache coming on.

People used to call him a true dragon among men, but this girl didn't give him any face and just called him a fool!

However, he didn't dare get angry. Instead, he felt guilty.

Although he was ruthless and merciless to enemies, he was always grateful to those who had been kind to him, and Haidee was no exception.

Hearing her cry, Charlie hurriedly apologized, "I'm sorry, Maria, I spoke out of turn."

Haidee questioned him, "What about my stomach ache?"

Charlie immediately replied, "Wait a moment. I'll personally go get you some medicine!"

Haidee asked, "Do you have Nine Profound Stomach Powder ready?"

Charlie said, "No, but I can go to the pharmacy, get it, and personally deliver it to your hotel. Are you satisfied now?"

Haidee said, "Forget it. The pharmacy is quite far, and it's late. I won't trouble you. Arrange for someone else to bring it. Although I have a lot of grievances against you, I still care about you deep down."

Charlie suddenly thought that although Nine Profound Stomach Powder was effective for stomach discomfort, it was more of a symptom reliever than a cure. It was similar to throat lozenges for a sore throat – soothing but not necessarily addressing the root cause.

Realizing this, he promptly said, "Wait for me at the hotel. I'll come over and provide you with a thorough treatment."

Chapter 1403 - "Presidential Suite Serendipity"

Charlie didn't want to directly tell his wife Claire that he was going to see a doctor for Haidee. So, he just told her that Lorden needed some help with something last minute.

Claire didn't think much of it and just told him not to come back too late before heading upstairs alone to take a shower.

Charlie got back in his car and drove to the Shangri-La Hotel.

At that moment, Haidee was anxiously waiting for Charlie in her top-notch luxury suite.

Her room was the presidential suite of Shangri-La, where Donald Weaver and his son Xander had stayed before.

It was the highest standard, the largest in size, and the most luxurious room in Shangri-La.

The room was enormous, spanning hundreds of square meters.

But at this moment, there was only Haidee in this presidential suite.

Her assistant, Lilah, was staying in the room next door.

When Charlie rang the doorbell, Haidee, wearing a satin nightgown, hurriedly opened the door for him.

Seeing Charlie standing outside, Haidee was very happy in her heart, but she pretended to hum a few times and said, "Oh, willing to leave your wife behind to care for your childhood sweetheart and fiancée like me?"

Charlie chuckled awkwardly, "Didn't you say you were feeling unwell? I came to check on you."

"Hmph!" Haidee grumbled, "I guess you still have some conscience left. Come in quickly!"

With that, she stepped aside to let him in.

As Charlie stepped inside, he was amazed by the enormity of the presidential suite and couldn't help but ask, "Aren't you afraid living alone in such a big room?"

"Of course, I am," Haidee casually replied, "Why don't you stay tonight and keep me company?"

Charlie coughed, "Men and women shouldn't be too close. Besides, you're a celebrity, a public figure. You need to be careful about your image. If your fans find out that a man stayed overnight in your room, they'll be disappointed."

"Disappointed? Not a chance."

Haidee waved her hand, "The whole country knows I have a childhood sweetheart fiancé, and they know I've been looking for him. If fans find out you stayed overnight, I'll just tell them you're the fiancé I've been searching for for years."

Charlie hurriedly said, "Oh no, you can't do that. Nowadays, stars only become popular when they're single. Once they announce they have a girlfriend or boyfriend, or worse, get married, fans immediately lose interest, and their careers suffer."

"I don't care about my career," Haidee said indifferently, "The Snow family might not be as powerful as the Wade family, but if I want to, I can buy half the entertainment industry anytime. Who cares about careers? I am the entire career."

Charlie was impressed.

Miss Snow indeed had the power to say such things.

Although China's entertainment industry is large overall, it's all about who you're comparing it to.

The total national box office for a year is only about 64.2 billion, which is equivalent to just one neighborhood in Eastcliff.

With this 64.2 billion, countless cinemas, film companies, famous directors, screenwriters, and actors have to be supported.

As the saying goes, too many monks, too little meat, so the entire industry doesn't generate much net profit annually.

Chapter 1404 - "In Sickness and in Health: A Gentle Remedy"

So, for families like the Snow's, with their trillion-dollar level of wealth, they could really buy half of the entertainment industry if they wanted.

So Charlie sighed and said, "Alright, sit on the sofa properly, I'll take your pulse."

Haidee looked at him, surprised, and asked, "Do you really know how to treat illnesses?"

Charlie retorted, "Of course! Do you think I'm lying to you?"

Haidee pursed her lips, "I thought you were just using treating me as an excuse to sneak into my room and take advantage of me in the middle of the night."

Charlie almost spat out a mouthful of blood, "I'm not that casual!"

Haidee gave him a disdainful look, saying, "Let me tell you, don't think I'm that kind of easy woman. I've grown up, and apart from you, I haven't even held hands with any other boys! And even if you're not married now, even if you want to fulfill our engagement, I might not agree. At least I need to evaluate you first. If you pass my evaluation, then maybe, but if you turn out to be a jerk after all these years, I won't consider marrying you!"

Charlie retorted, "If that's the case, why do you always speak so bluntly? One moment you're talking about being an unmarried wife, then second marriage, then being a stepmother..."

Haidee huffed, "Do you know what it means to make a reservation? It's like you're a driver, and I've already booked you, so you have to wait for me obediently and absolutely cannot take any other fares. But on the other hand, even though I've booked you, I might not necessarily want to ride in your car. If you disappoint me, I can switch to another car anytime!"

Charlie sighed, "Alright, alright, I won't argue with you about this. I can't win against you anyway. Aren't you feeling unwell? Come, let me check on you. After that, I'll hurry home. My wife is waiting for me to sleep."

Haidee wrinkled her nose, "Wade, are you intentionally teasing me?"

"No," Charlie said, "I'm here to check on your health!"

Haidee touched her stomach, grumbling, "Look at how good I am to you! Even finding you after all these years was at the cost of sacrificing my health. If my stomach wasn't acting up, how could I accept your ad for this stomach remedy? I wouldn't even come to Aurous Hill to see you! I'm constantly sacrificing for you!"

"Yes, yes," Charlie nodded while trying to placate her, "You've been through a lot all these years. I'll definitely make it up to you when I have the chance."

Haidee asked, "How do you plan to make it up?"

"I'll start by curing your stomach problems once and for all. After I heal you, if your stomach acts up again, I'll consider it my loss."

"You're just bluffing."

Although Haidee looked skeptical, she still followed his lead and sat down on the sofa.

Then, she extended her right hand to Charlie.

Charlie gently placed his fingers on her wrist pulse, seemingly taking her pulse, but in reality, he was using this opportunity to transfer a bit of spiritual energy into her body for examination.

Treating illnesses and saving people, nothing compared to spiritual energy.

With this trace of spiritual energy entering her body, Haidee immediately felt a different kind of warmth and comfort reaching her stomach and spleen.

Moments later, she felt the previously nagging pain in her stomach had completely subsided without her even noticing.

Previously, her stomach always felt painful and bloated, with acid reflux and burning sensations, making her lose all appetite.

But now, all those discomforts seemed to vanish in an instant!

Chapter 1405 - "Wrist Wonders: Haidee's Health Surprise"

Feeling all discomfort vanish from her body, Haidee stared in amazement at Charlie. Unable to hold back, she asked, "In traditional Chinese medicine, pulse diagnosis is for identifying issues, not treating them. How come, after you took my pulse, I feel like nothing was wrong?"

Charlie calmly explained, "There's an acupoint on the wrist specifically for treating the spleen and stomach. When I took your pulse, I was actually giving you acupressure."

Surprised, Haidee asked, "Really? Is it that miraculous?"

Charlie nodded, "It's similar to rubbing your temples when you have a headache. Just that my technique is a bit special, hence the better results."

Haidee couldn't help but exclaim, "Brother Charlie, you're truly amazing! I've seen so many doctors and taken various medicines for over a month, but you just pressed my wrist, and I'm cured!"

Charlie awkwardly replied, "You were calling me a big fool just a moment ago, and now you're calling me Brother Charlie. You're quite changeable."

Blushing, Haidee coquettishly said, "If you weren't married, I would definitely be calling you Brother Charlie and wouldn't dare scold you."

Charlie nodded, "I get it, it's my fault."

"Knowing is enough," Haidee pouted, saying, "My dad just sent me a video message on WeChat, asking how my work is going here. I wanted to tell him about finding you, but I thought it'd be more surprising. Can I trust you to meet me in Eastcliff next week, or are you tricking me?"

Charlie earnestly said, "I already talked to my wife after dinner. Why would I deceive you? Finish your work here, and I'll come over once I'm done with my tasks."

With hopeful eyes, Haidee asked again, "Brother Charlie, do you really have a way to cure my dad's illness?"

Charlie nodded, "I'm very confident."

Excited, Haidee said, "Then I'll wait for you in Eastcliff! Please make sure to cure my dad!"

Charlie smiled faintly, saying each word deliberately, "Don't worry, I'll do my best."

After that, seeing it was getting late, Charlie stood up, saying, "It's quite late now. If there's nothing else, I'll head back."

In a hurry, Haidee asked, "Brother Charlie, aren't you staying for a while longer?"

"Not staying. It's already late, and I don't want to delay your rest."

Haidee wanted to say something but held back.

After a moment, with anticipation on her face, she asked, "Brother Charlie, will you come to see me in the next two days?"

Charlie said, "I have quite a bit to handle in the next two days, so I might not have time. But don't worry, I'll definitely visit Eastcliff next Monday."

Haidee nodded, "In the next two days, I'll be shooting an advertisement for Mystical Gastric Remedy in Aurous Hill. If you have time, come by for a set visit."

"Okay."

After bidding farewell to Haidee, Charlie left Shangri-La, driving back to Thomson Elite.

Chapter 1406 - "Noble Nobility: Nanako's Noblesse Oblige"

While Charlie was treating Haidee, Nanako had just seen her mentor Kazuki Yamamoto fall asleep with exhaustion. She said tiredly to Koichi, "Tanaka-san, please stay here and take care of my master for me. I need to ensure I get some rest, otherwise I might not even make it to the top four in the next match, let alone defeat Dianne."

For Nanako, although her master Kazuki Yamamoto had urged her to become Charlie's disciple, she wasn't planning to do so.

She felt that no matter what, since her master had been injured by Charlie, regardless of who was right or wrong, she couldn't abandon her master at this time to become Charlie's disciple.

Moreover, deep down, she felt that Charlie probably wouldn't accept her as his disciple anyway.

Charlie didn't lack money, and he wasn't very fond of Japanese people. What could she use to impress him?

So, she had already made up her mind to do her best in this match, and then return to Japan with her master.

Because of this, she couldn't continue to take care of Kazuki Yamamoto here.

She needed to return to the hotel, ensure she had relatively sufficient rest, and also make the most of this remaining time to practice diligently.

When Jiro heard that Nanako was going back to the hotel, he quickly said ingratiatingly, "Oh, Miss Nanako, I'm also heading back to the hotel. Shall we go together?"

Nanako shook her head. "It's not necessary, Mr. Kobayashi. I'll just take a taxi back myself."

Jiro knew that Nanako was deliberately distancing herself from him.

But he wasn't angry. He had long known that a Japanese noblewoman like Nanako, who was hard to come by, wasn't someone he could conquer in a short time.

So, to please Nanako, Jiro decided to proactively tell her some very valuable information.

He said to Nanako, "Miss Nanako, let's go together. I happen to have bought a car for our branch office in Aurous Hill."

Before Nanako could refuse, he continued, "Actually, Master Yamamoto isn't beyond help. I know there are people in this world who can cure him."

"Really?!" Nanako was instantly excited and blurted out, "Mr. Kobayashi, are you kidding me? My master has lost all sensation in his body. Is there really someone in this world who can cure him?"

Jiro ingratiatingly said, "Miss Nanako, you must have heard of Chinese medicine, right?"

"I have," Nanako nodded, saying, "But my impression is that Chinese medicine isn't very good at treating serious illnesses. It's more about treating minor ailments like headaches and fevers, as well as some discomforts in the body."

"For example, acupuncture and cupping therapy in Chinese medicine are loved by athletes worldwide, especially cupping therapy, which can relax muscles and relieve pain. Even American swimming champion Phelps has had cupping therapy during the Rio Olympics."

Jiro said, "What Miss Nanako said is just some very common applications of Chinese medicine. In fact, as far as I know, Chinese medicine is very magical. There was a famous doctor in Aurous Hill who cured a patient who was paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident, allowing him to recover completely in a short time! However, from what I know, that patient had damaged spinal nerves in the accident, which is a bit different from Master Yamamoto."

Nanako blurted out, "Is there really such a miraculous person in the world? Then please, Mr. Kobayashi, tell me, who is this miraculous doctor with such amazing skills!"

Jiro smiled ingratiatingly, "Oh, Miss Nanako, this is a long story. How about I drive, and we can chat on the way?"

Nanako knew that Jiro wanted her to ride in his car before he was willing to tell her this valuable information.

So she didn't insist anymore and nodded, "Okay, then, thank you for your trouble, Mr. Kobayashi!"

Chapter 1407 - "Miracles and Mischief: Jiro's Doctor Drama"

Jiro drove a fancy Mercedes-Benz sedan, carrying Nanako, who was as quiet as a virgin, out of the hospital.

As they drove out of the hospital gates, Nanako couldn't wait and asked eagerly, "Mr. Kobayashi, who exactly is that miraculous doctor you mentioned? Can you tell me now?"

Jiro nodded, "Miss Nanako, I won't hide it from you. This miraculous doctor's surname is Simon, named Simon Thorpe. He's a renowned medical expert in China. Recently, he cured a severe spinal cord injury, which was considered incurable in medical history."

Nanako had always been in good health, so she never paid attention to medical matters and knew nothing about Simon Thorpe.

But now, hearing Jiro's words, she was filled with great anticipation.

So, she hurriedly asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, where can I find this miraculous doctor?"

Jiro sighed, "This miraculous doctor has a pharmacy locally called Season's Essence. However, this old doctor has a very peculiar temper and seems to be biased against Japanese people. So, asking him to treat Mr. Yamamoto will be extraordinarily difficult."

Nanako asked, "Can't money solve this problem?"

Jiro shook his head, "If money could solve it, my older brother wouldn't have died in Aurous Hill."

Nanako asked in astonishment, "Mr. Kobayashi, what do you mean? Was your brother harmed by this miraculous doctor?"

"No, no," Jiro hurriedly said, "My brother's death was related to him, but not caused by him."

As he said this, Jiro thought to himself, "Damn, in the end, my brother was killed by the hitman I hired. Even if it wasn't Charlie himself, he must be involved."

"However, speaking of which, all the mess back then was ultimately because my brother coveted Simon Thorpe's miraculous medicine, but he never expected... he thought stealing the medicine could earn him a fortune, but didn't expect to be outsmarted by Simon Thorpe and Charlie, and incidentally poisoned the father they both shared. Thinking about this matter, it's a mix of emotions, anger, relief, and even a bit of satisfaction."

Nanako had no idea that he was diverging in his thoughts and thinking so much.

She asked Jiro, "Do you know where this miraculous doctor's pharmacy is?"

"I do," Jiro nodded and said, "Do you want me to take you there now?"

"Okay!" Nanako said excitedly, "I will do whatever it takes to ask him to treat my mentor!"

Simon Thorpe's daily routine was very fixed now.

From Monday to Friday, he consulted at Season's Essence, closing for the weekend to rest. He would take Abby to travel around Aurous Hill on weekends, sometimes going to the countryside to give free clinics and deliver medicine to the elderly living alone. He lived a fulfilling life.

Today, when he finished consulting at Season's Essence and was about to let his assistant tidy up and close the door, Jiro brought Nanako to the door.

At the door, Jiro said to Nanako, "Miss Nanako, when we go in later, please don't mention my real name!"

Jiro knew about his brother Kobayashi Ichiro stealing medicine from Season's Essence, fearing that Simon Thorpe would hold him responsible, so he decided to conceal his true identity.

Chapter 1408 - "Mysteries and Meridians: Nanako's Muddle"

Nanako looked puzzled and asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, do you have any grudges with this Dr. Simon?"

"No, not at all," Jiro Kobayashi quickly shook his head, earnestly saying, "I've never met Dr. Simon in person. But I won't hide it from you, my brother offended him when he was alive. I'm afraid he might hold a grudge against our Kobayashi family. So, to avoid any issues, when you ask him to treat Mr. Yamamoto later, please don't mention my name. You can call me Mr. Tanaka."

"Okay," Nanako nodded and stepped forward to knock on the door, asking, "Excuse me, is Dr. Simon here?"

The attendant, seeing a stunningly beautiful woman, was surprised and politely said, "Hello, Dr. Simon has already finished consultations for today. If you need anything, please come back tomorrow."

Nanako hurriedly said, "Please tell Dr. Simon that there is a patient who wants to ask for his help. If he is willing to treat and can cure, I'm willing to offer 10 million US dollars as a consultation fee!"

Abby happened to be tidying up the counter and heard this. She immediately spoke up, "I'm sorry, my grandfather treats people to save lives, not to make money. If you think you can persuade him with more money, please leave!"

Nanako apologized immediately, "I didn't mean that! I just want to express my sincerity as much as possible. My master's meridians are all severed, and he's like a living dead now. I heard that Dr. Simon once cured a high-level paraplegic patient, so I came specifically to beg him to save a life!"

"Severed meridians?"

Abby stared at Nanako in astonishment, blurting out, "Are you sure it's the meridians that are severed and not some other condition?"

Abby was surprised because the concept of meridians is something most ordinary people have no knowledge of.

Their exposure to the concept of meridians mostly comes from martial arts novels and movies. Ask them to explain it, and most people don't even understand the basics of meridians.

And very few martial artists and medical practitioners actually understand meridians. So, when this woman confidently stated that her master's meridians were severed, could she be a martial artist?

"Yes!" Nanako hurriedly said, "The person who injured my master personally said that he severed all his meridians."

Abby asked further, "How did he sever all your master's meridians? Did he use a powerful strike on each of your master's meridians?"

Nanako replied, "That person only struck my master once, and all his meridians were severed."

Abby said incredulously, "How strong is this person? To be able to sever all your master's meridians with just one strike, such unimaginable strength, I've never heard of it. Even for martial arts masters, to sever someone's meridians throughout the body, it would require breaking them one by one, not just with one strike."

Nanako earnestly said, "Indeed, it was just one strike. I saw it with my own eyes!"

At this moment, Simon Thorpe stepped out from the back room, his voice firm and powerful, "I've never heard of anyone with such ability. Little girl, who exactly did your master provoke?"

Nanako said, "I don't know the specific person, only that his surname is Wade."

Simon Thorpe's expression turned extremely cold, and he snorted, "Wade? Is this person very young, handsome, and extraordinary? Radiating an aura akin to a True Heavenly Dragon Among Men?"

"Well..." Nanako thought for a moment, embarrassedly saying, "I didn't notice those details, but he was indeed quite handsome, relatively young, looked like he was in his mid-twenties."

Simon Thorpe's face immediately turned extremely cold, he coldly snorted, saying, "What a joke! Your master offended Master Wade, and Master Wade disabled his meridians. Yet you dare to come to me to treat your master?!"

Chapter 1409 - "Unveiling the Dragon: The Revelation of Master Wade"

Nanako couldn't believe that the guy, Charlie Wade, turned out to be the master referred to as "Master Wade" by the legendary healer Simon Thorpe, and even more astonishingly, he was considered the "True Heavenly Dragon Among Men" in Simon's eyes.

In Japan, there are many legends about dragons, given that Japan's civilization originally came from China, making the two cultures closely connected.

In Japanese culture, dragons hold a position almost equal to that of deities, being the highest-ranking creatures.

However, Nanako wondered why this elderly figure in the medical field would address a young man as the "True Heavenly Dragon Among Men."

Little did she know that Charlie had profoundly influenced Simon, challenging his decades-old beliefs. Simon highly respected and admired Charlie for his extraordinary medical skills and incredible alchemical abilities, which Simon considered unparalleled in the world.

Moreover, Charlie's generosity had deeply benefited Simon. A healing elixir and a Resurrection Pill had opened a new chapter in his life.

Grateful for such immense kindness, Simon found it unforgettable and believed it was beyond repayment.

At this moment, seeing Simon's anger, Nanako hurriedly pleaded, "Master Simon, my mentor offended Mr. Wade in a moment of impulse, speaking rashly. It was wrong, but not to the extent of deserving this punishment. I implore you to show mercy and help!"

Simon waved his hand decisively, saying, "Young lady, my life has been saved by Master Wade. I've stayed in Aurous Hill to run a clinic and heal people as a way to repay his kindness. Therefore, anyone who offends Master Wade is an enemy in my eyes. You speak and behave courteously, so I won't use harsh words on you. I don't wish to drive you away, so please leave willingly."

Touched, Nanako choked, "Master Simon, a healer's heart is compassionate. You cannot turn a blind eye to someone in need."

Simon bowed to her, saying, "Compassion is indeed essential, but with a mountainous debt of gratitude before me, I have a clear conscience. You don't need to say more; leave on your own accord."

With that, he turned to Abby and ordered, "Abby, escort the guest out!"

Nanako wanted to continue pleading, but Simon had already walked away into the clinic's room with his hands behind his back.

Without waiting for Nanako to speak, Abby gestured for her to leave, saying, "Madam, please leave."

Resigned, Nanako sighed and respectfully said, "I apologize for the disturbance."

Afterwards, she turned away in a somewhat disoriented manner.

Jiro followed silently throughout but didn't dare utter a word. While chasing after romantic interests was important, personal safety mattered more. His elder brother had a mishap in this very clinic, and he dared not cause trouble here.

As they left Season's Essence, Jiro softly advised, "Miss Nanako, don't take it to heart. These reclusive experts can be peculiar. Let's return to the hotel and rest. We can come back another day and try again. China has a famous historical story called 'Three Visits to the Thatched Cottage" .' It's about Liu Bei visiting Zhuge Liang's home three times to invite him out of seclusion. After three attempts, Zhuge Liang agreed. Maybe we can have our own 'Three Visits to the Season's Essence.'"

Nanako shook her head, saying, "When Master Simon rejected me, his eyes showed no room for negotiation. Even if I come three times, or even thirty times, the result would likely be the same. It seems that to resolve this matter, we must start with Mr. Wade."

"Charlie Wade?!"

Chapter 1410 - "Of Night Drives and Noble Missions: Nanako's Quest"

Jiro felt a sudden chill down his neck and blurted out, "Miss Nanako, you must stay away from that Charlie Wade. He's extremely dangerous, and it's crucial not to have too much contact with him."

He continued, "Also, never heed Mr. Yamamoto's advice to apprentice under Charlie. As far as I know, Charlie is very unfriendly towards Japanese people. Just because Mr. Yamamoto mentioned the phrase 'East Asian weakling,' he cruelly crippled him!"

Nanako nodded, "I never thought he would take me as his disciple. I just hope he can help cure my mentor, or at least speak up for him to persuade the divine healer to treat him."

Jiro asked hastily, "So, are you planning to go see this Charlie tomorrow?"

"No, today."

"Today?! It's already evening. Are you really going to see Charlie now?"

"Yes, absolutely!"

Nanako's face was resolute as she said to Jiro, "I've heard he lives in the best villa area in Aurous Hill, Thomson Elite. Please, Mr. Kobayashi, could you take me there now?"

"What? You want to go to Charlie's house to find him? Absolutely not!"

Jiro waved his hands emphatically.

He was well aware of Charlie's situation and knew how difficult he was to deal with. If Nanako went to see him, not only would she not gain any benefits, but she might even anger him and get hurt.

So, he immediately said, "Miss Nanako, you don't know Charlie's true nature. Going to see him like this will only end in trouble!"

Nanako replied, "I'm not going to challenge him. I know I'm no match for him. I just want to sincerely ask for his help. Even if it costs me dearly, I want to cure my mentor."

Before Jiro could say anything else, Nanako didn't give him a chance and earnestly asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, could you drive me to Thomson Elite? If you can, let's go now. If not, I'll take a taxi."

Jiro sighed helplessly and said, "Alright, since Miss Nanako insists, I'll take you there."

On his way home, Charlie received a call from Simon Thorpe.

Simon Thorpe told him that a woman had come seeking his help to treat a person with severed meridians throughout the body, asking if it was Charlie's doing.

Charlie openly admitted, "If I'm not mistaken, the person seeking your help should be Nanako, a Japanese girl. The one I crippled, Kazuki Yamamoto, is her mentor. Yamamoto dared to mention the phrase 'East Asian weakling' in front of me, so naturally, I wouldn't spare him."

"So, she's Japanese!" Simon Thorpe said angrily. "Last time, the one who tried to snatch your divine medicine from me was also Japanese! They keep causing trouble, truly uncivilized barbarians!"

Charlie smiled faintly, "They've been following behind us for thousands of years. They've developed a little faster in the past two or three hundred years and now think highly of themselves. Old Simon, you handle these barbarians quite aptly."

Simon Thorpe hurriedly said, "Master Wade, rest assured, I will never let that woman step into my clinic again!"

Charlie smiled slightly, "Although her mentor is arrogant and disrespectful, this girl is quite courteous. If she comes to you again for help, just reject her. There's no need to make things difficult. We Chinese always speak reasonably, and each matter has its own solution. We don't use one brush to paint everything."

On the way home, Charlie drove with Claire sitting in the passenger seat, still bubbling with excitement.

Her social media feed had exploded today, with countless likes and comments, envying her for having such good luck to dine with the hottest female star, Haidee Snow.

Claire kept her head down, fiddling with her phone, excitement evident on her face.

After replying to a few friends' comments, she looked at Charlie with admiration and blurted out, "Honey, I just realized today how amazing you are. I never thought even a big star like Haidee would appreciate your ability to read Feng Shui. Do you really have some skills besides bluffing people?"

Charlie chuckled, "I never said I'm bluffing about Feng Shui. It's just that you, Dad, and Mom always thought I was bluffing. Feng Shui is something passed down from our ancestors, with traces to follow."

Claire nodded seriously, "I know Feng Shui is passed down from our ancestors, and I believe in it. I just find it hard to believe you know about it."

Charlie, feeling challenged, asked, "Why don't you believe I know about Feng Shui?"

Claire replied, "Because I know you! As you said yourself, you grew up in an orphanage since childhood, and they don't teach Feng Shui there. After leaving the orphanage, you worked on construction sites, and then my grandfather arranged for me to marry you. In these years, you've been managing household chores at home, and I've never seen you study Feng Shui."

Charlie smiled and said, "Feng Shui is about study. When you were at work, I used to study the Book of Changes and the Eight Trigrams at home. The more I studied, the more I understood."

In fact, before obtaining the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture, Charlie didn't know much about Feng Shui.

He only learned some Wing Chun (a style of Chinese martial arts known for its practicality, efficiency, and close-range combat techniques) when he was young, as there was a martial arts tradition in the Wade family, and Ip Man was a branch of the Wade family.

(Ye Wen" (叶问) is the Chinese name of the legendary martial artist better known as "Ip Man" in English. Ip Man was a renowned master of Wing Chun and is widely recognized for his role in popularizing the art and teaching notable students, including Bruce Lee.)

In contrast to the main Wade family line, which focused mostly on business, the Ip Man branch focused on practicing Wing Chun.

Now, Charlie's medical skills, alchemy, Feng Shui secrets, and even some profound metaphysical arts, were all learned from the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture.

However, this was the biggest secret in his life, something he couldn't tell his wife, Claire, and maybe never tell anyone else in his lifetime.

Besides the Nine Mystical Heavens Scripture, the second biggest secret in his life was his identity as the young master of the Wade family.

However, it was difficult to keep this a secret from the world, as the people of the Wade family and their servants all knew him.

As they returned home, Claire was still busy replying to her social media feed, heading into the villa with her head down.

Charlie parked the car and was about to get out when he received a voice message from Haidee on WeChat, asking, "Brother Charlie, my stomach isn't feeling well. Could you send me some Nine Profound Stomach Powder?"

Charlie replied, "Sister Haidee, if you need stomach powder, I'll ask Lorden to send some over to you. Don't worry, I'll ask him to send you more. Will ten boxes be enough for you?"

Previously, Charlie didn't want to reveal too much about the Nine Profound Stomach Powder before its market release.

But Haidee said at this moment, "Brother Charlie, my stomach hurts, shouldn't you come to give me the medicine personally? After searching for you for so many years, and just reuniting after a long separation, all I need is my fiancé! Anyway, my stomach hurts badly now, it's up to you! If you don't care about me, I'll complain to my dad. If that doesn't work, I'll tell your wife the truth!"

Charlie awkwardly said, "Miss Snow, my relationship with your sister-in-law is quite stable. You can't be the third wheel here!"

"Me, the third wheel?" Haidee angrily retorted, "Wade, when I was four or five, my parents arranged for us to be engaged! You've only been married for three or four years!"

"Moreover, you disappeared for so many years. Not only did I not forget you, but I also didn't betray our engagement. All these years, I brainwashed myself. No matter how good a man I met, I told myself I already had a fiancé. Now that I've finally found you, you're saying I'm the third wheel?!"

She didn't want to make a big deal out of it with Charlie. Mentioning her disappointment was just a way to playfully scold him.

Having dinner with Claire, who insisted on calling her Mrs. Wade, was already annoying. If anyone was the third wheel, it was Claire interfering in her engagement with Charlie.

Now, Charlie, inverting the truth, accused her of being the third wheel. This made her feel even more wronged.

She cried and said, "Wade! When you get to Eastcliff, I'll show you dozens of diaries I've written over the past decade! If there's not a single entry without you, then I'll admit defeat! You, big fool, hurt me for so many years, and now you're treating me like this. Do you have no conscience?"

People used to call him a true dragon among men, but this girl didn't give him any face and just called him a fool!

Although he was ruthless and merciless to enemies, he was always grateful to those who had been kind to him, and Haidee was no exception.

Hearing her cry, Charlie hurriedly apologized, "I'm sorry, Maria, I spoke out of turn."

Charlie immediately replied, "Wait a moment. I'll personally go get you some medicine!"

Charlie said, "No, but I can go to the pharmacy, get it, and personally deliver it to your hotel. Are you satisfied now?"

Haidee said, "Forget it. The pharmacy is quite far, and it's late. I won't trouble you. Arrange for someone else to bring it. Although I have a lot of grievances against you, I still care about you deep down."

Charlie suddenly thought that although Nine Profound Stomach Powder was effective for stomach discomfort, it was more of a symptom reliever than a cure. It was similar to throat lozenges for a sore throat – soothing but not necessarily addressing the root cause.

Realizing this, he promptly said, "Wait for me at the hotel. I'll come over and provide you with a thorough treatment."

Charlie didn't want to directly tell his wife Claire that he was going to see a doctor for Haidee. So, he just told her that Lorden needed some help with something last minute.

Claire didn't think much of it and just told him not to come back too late before heading upstairs alone to take a shower.

At that moment, Haidee was anxiously waiting for Charlie in her top-notch luxury suite.

Her room was the presidential suite of Shangri-La, where Donald Weaver and his son Xander had stayed before.

It was the highest standard, the largest in size, and the most luxurious room in Shangri-La.

When Charlie rang the doorbell, Haidee, wearing a satin nightgown, hurriedly opened the door for him.

Seeing Charlie standing outside, Haidee was very happy in her heart, but she pretended to hum a few times and said, "Oh, willing to leave your wife behind to care for your childhood sweetheart and fiancée like me?"

Charlie chuckled awkwardly, "Didn't you say you were feeling unwell? I came to check on you."

"Hmph!" Haidee grumbled, "I guess you still have some conscience left. Come in quickly!"

As Charlie stepped inside, he was amazed by the enormity of the presidential suite and couldn't help but ask, "Aren't you afraid living alone in such a big room?"

"Of course, I am," Haidee casually replied, "Why don't you stay tonight and keep me company?"

Charlie coughed, "Men and women shouldn't be too close. Besides, you're a celebrity, a public figure. You need to be careful about your image. If your fans find out that a man stayed overnight in your room, they'll be disappointed."

Haidee waved her hand, "The whole country knows I have a childhood sweetheart fiancé, and they know I've been looking for him. If fans find out you stayed overnight, I'll just tell them you're the fiancé I've been searching for for years."

Charlie hurriedly said, "Oh no, you can't do that. Nowadays, stars only become popular when they're single. Once they announce they have a girlfriend or boyfriend, or worse, get married, fans immediately lose interest, and their careers suffer."

"I don't care about my career," Haidee said indifferently, "The Snow family might not be as powerful as the Wade family, but if I want to, I can buy half the entertainment industry anytime. Who cares about careers? I am the entire career."

Charlie was impressed.

Although China's entertainment industry is large overall, it's all about who you're comparing it to.

The total national box office for a year is only about 64.2 billion, which is equivalent to just one neighborhood in Eastcliff.

With this 64.2 billion, countless cinemas, film companies, famous directors, screenwriters, and actors have to be supported.

As the saying goes, too many monks, too little meat, so the entire industry doesn't generate much net profit annually.

So, for families like the Snow's, with their trillion-dollar level of wealth, they could really buy half of the entertainment industry if they wanted.

So Charlie sighed and said, "Alright, sit on the sofa properly, I'll take your pulse."

Haidee looked at him, surprised, and asked, "Do you really know how to treat illnesses?"

Haidee pursed her lips, "I thought you were just using treating me as an excuse to sneak into my room and take advantage of me in the middle of the night."

Haidee gave him a disdainful look, saying, "Let me tell you, don't think I'm that kind of easy woman. I've grown up, and apart from you, I haven't even held hands with any other boys! And even if you're not married now, even if you want to fulfill our engagement, I might not agree. At least I need to evaluate you first. If you pass my evaluation, then maybe, but if you turn out to be a jerk after all these years, I won't consider marrying you!"

Charlie retorted, "If that's the case, why do you always speak so bluntly? One moment you're talking about being an unmarried wife, then second marriage, then being a stepmother..."

Haidee huffed, "Do you know what it means to make a reservation? It's like you're a driver, and I've already booked you, so you have to wait for me obediently and absolutely cannot take any other fares. But on the other hand, even though I've booked you, I might not necessarily want to ride in your car. If you disappoint me, I can switch to another car anytime!"

Charlie sighed, "Alright, alright, I won't argue with you about this. I can't win against you anyway. Aren't you feeling unwell? Come, let me check on you. After that, I'll hurry home. My wife is waiting for me to sleep."

Haidee touched her stomach, grumbling, "Look at how good I am to you! Even finding you after all these years was at the cost of sacrificing my health. If my stomach wasn't acting up, how could I accept your ad for this stomach remedy? I wouldn't even come to Aurous Hill to see you! I'm constantly sacrificing for you!"

"Yes, yes," Charlie nodded while trying to placate her, "You've been through a lot all these years. I'll definitely make it up to you when I have the chance."

"I'll start by curing your stomach problems once and for all. After I heal you, if your stomach acts up again, I'll consider it my loss."

"You're just bluffing."

Although Haidee looked skeptical, she still followed his lead and sat down on the sofa.

Charlie gently placed his fingers on her wrist pulse, seemingly taking her pulse, but in reality, he was using this opportunity to transfer a bit of spiritual energy into her body for examination.

With this trace of spiritual energy entering her body, Haidee immediately felt a different kind of warmth and comfort reaching her stomach and spleen.

Moments later, she felt the previously nagging pain in her stomach had completely subsided without her even noticing.

Previously, her stomach always felt painful and bloated, with acid reflux and burning sensations, making her lose all appetite.

Feeling all discomfort vanish from her body, Haidee stared in amazement at Charlie. Unable to hold back, she asked, "In traditional Chinese medicine, pulse diagnosis is for identifying issues, not treating them. How come, after you took my pulse, I feel like nothing was wrong?"

Charlie calmly explained, "There's an acupoint on the wrist specifically for treating the spleen and stomach. When I took your pulse, I was actually giving you acupressure."

Charlie nodded, "It's similar to rubbing your temples when you have a headache. Just that my technique is a bit special, hence the better results."

Haidee couldn't help but exclaim, "Brother Charlie, you're truly amazing! I've seen so many doctors and taken various medicines for over a month, but you just pressed my wrist, and I'm cured!"

Charlie awkwardly replied, "You were calling me a big fool just a moment ago, and now you're calling me Brother Charlie. You're quite changeable."

Blushing, Haidee coquettishly said, "If you weren't married, I would definitely be calling you Brother Charlie and wouldn't dare scold you."

"Knowing is enough," Haidee pouted, saying, "My dad just sent me a video message on WeChat, asking how my work is going here. I wanted to tell him about finding you, but I thought it'd be more surprising. Can I trust you to meet me in Eastcliff next week, or are you tricking me?"

Charlie earnestly said, "I already talked to my wife after dinner. Why would I deceive you? Finish your work here, and I'll come over once I'm done with my tasks."

With hopeful eyes, Haidee asked again, "Brother Charlie, do you really have a way to cure my dad's illness?"

Excited, Haidee said, "Then I'll wait for you in Eastcliff! Please make sure to cure my dad!"

Charlie smiled faintly, saying each word deliberately, "Don't worry, I'll do my best."

After that, seeing it was getting late, Charlie stood up, saying, "It's quite late now. If there's nothing else, I'll head back."

In a hurry, Haidee asked, "Brother Charlie, aren't you staying for a while longer?"

After a moment, with anticipation on her face, she asked, "Brother Charlie, will you come to see me in the next two days?"

Charlie said, "I have quite a bit to handle in the next two days, so I might not have time. But don't worry, I'll definitely visit Eastcliff next Monday."

Haidee nodded, "In the next two days, I'll be shooting an advertisement for Mystical Gastric Remedy in Aurous Hill. If you have time, come by for a set visit."

"Okay."

After bidding farewell to Haidee, Charlie left Shangri-La, driving back to Thomson Elite.

While Charlie was treating Haidee, Nanako had just seen her mentor Kazuki Yamamoto fall asleep with exhaustion. She said tiredly to Koichi, "Tanaka-san, please stay here and take care of my master for me. I need to ensure I get some rest, otherwise I might not even make it to the top four in the next match, let alone defeat Dianne."

For Nanako, although her master Kazuki Yamamoto had urged her to become Charlie's disciple, she wasn't planning to do so.

She felt that no matter what, since her master had been injured by Charlie, regardless of who was right or wrong, she couldn't abandon her master at this time to become Charlie's disciple.

Moreover, deep down, she felt that Charlie probably wouldn't accept her as his disciple anyway.

Charlie didn't lack money, and he wasn't very fond of Japanese people. What could she use to impress him?

So, she had already made up her mind to do her best in this match, and then return to Japan with her master.

She needed to return to the hotel, ensure she had relatively sufficient rest, and also make the most of this remaining time to practice diligently.

When Jiro heard that Nanako was going back to the hotel, he quickly said ingratiatingly, "Oh, Miss Nanako, I'm also heading back to the hotel. Shall we go together?"

Nanako shook her head. "It's not necessary, Mr. Kobayashi. I'll just take a taxi back myself."

But he wasn't angry. He had long known that a Japanese noblewoman like Nanako, who was hard to come by, wasn't someone he could conquer in a short time.

So, to please Nanako, Jiro decided to proactively tell her some very valuable information.

He said to Nanako, "Miss Nanako, let's go together. I happen to have bought a car for our branch office in Aurous Hill."

Before Nanako could refuse, he continued, "Actually, Master Yamamoto isn't beyond help. I know there are people in this world who can cure him."

"Really?!" Nanako was instantly excited and blurted out, "Mr. Kobayashi, are you kidding me? My master has lost all sensation in his body. Is there really someone in this world who can cure him?"

Jiro ingratiatingly said, "Miss Nanako, you must have heard of Chinese medicine, right?"

"I have," Nanako nodded, saying, "But my impression is that Chinese medicine isn't very good at treating serious illnesses. It's more about treating minor ailments like headaches and fevers, as well as some discomforts in the body."

"For example, acupuncture and cupping therapy in Chinese medicine are loved by athletes worldwide, especially cupping therapy, which can relax muscles and relieve pain. Even American swimming champion Phelps has had cupping therapy during the Rio Olympics."

Jiro said, "What Miss Nanako said is just some very common applications of Chinese medicine. In fact, as far as I know, Chinese medicine is very magical. There was a famous doctor in Aurous Hill who cured a patient who was paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident, allowing him to recover completely in a short time! However, from what I know, that patient had damaged spinal nerves in the accident, which is a bit different from Master Yamamoto."

Nanako blurted out, "Is there really such a miraculous person in the world? Then please, Mr. Kobayashi, tell me, who is this miraculous doctor with such amazing skills!"

Jiro smiled ingratiatingly, "Oh, Miss Nanako, this is a long story. How about I drive, and we can chat on the way?"

Nanako knew that Jiro wanted her to ride in his car before he was willing to tell her this valuable information.

So she didn't insist anymore and nodded, "Okay, then, thank you for your trouble, Mr. Kobayashi!"

Jiro drove a fancy Mercedes-Benz sedan, carrying Nanako, who was as quiet as a virgin, out of the hospital.

As they drove out of the hospital gates, Nanako couldn't wait and asked eagerly, "Mr. Kobayashi, who exactly is that miraculous doctor you mentioned? Can you tell me now?"

Jiro nodded, "Miss Nanako, I won't hide it from you. This miraculous doctor's surname is Simon, named Simon Thorpe. He's a renowned medical expert in China. Recently, he cured a severe spinal cord injury, which was considered incurable in medical history."

Nanako had always been in good health, so she never paid attention to medical matters and knew nothing about Simon Thorpe.

So, she hurriedly asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, where can I find this miraculous doctor?"

Jiro sighed, "This miraculous doctor has a pharmacy locally called Season's Essence. However, this old doctor has a very peculiar temper and seems to be biased against Japanese people. So, asking him to treat Mr. Yamamoto will be extraordinarily difficult."

Jiro shook his head, "If money could solve it, my older brother wouldn't have died in Aurous Hill."

Nanako asked in astonishment, "Mr. Kobayashi, what do you mean? Was your brother harmed by this miraculous doctor?"

"No, no," Jiro hurriedly said, "My brother's death was related to him, but not caused by him."

As he said this, Jiro thought to himself, "Damn, in the end, my brother was killed by the hitman I hired. Even if it wasn't Charlie himself, he must be involved."

"However, speaking of which, all the mess back then was ultimately because my brother coveted Simon Thorpe's miraculous medicine, but he never expected... he thought stealing the medicine could earn him a fortune, but didn't expect to be outsmarted by Simon Thorpe and Charlie, and incidentally poisoned the father they both shared. Thinking about this matter, it's a mix of emotions, anger, relief, and even a bit of satisfaction."

"Okay!" Nanako said excitedly, "I will do whatever it takes to ask him to treat my mentor!"

From Monday to Friday, he consulted at Season's Essence, closing for the weekend to rest. He would take Abby to travel around Aurous Hill on weekends, sometimes going to the countryside to give free clinics and deliver medicine to the elderly living alone. He lived a fulfilling life.

Today, when he finished consulting at Season's Essence and was about to let his assistant tidy up and close the door, Jiro brought Nanako to the door.

At the door, Jiro said to Nanako, "Miss Nanako, when we go in later, please don't mention my real name!"

Jiro knew about his brother Kobayashi Ichiro stealing medicine from Season's Essence, fearing that Simon Thorpe would hold him responsible, so he decided to conceal his true identity.

Nanako looked puzzled and asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, do you have any grudges with this Dr. Simon?"

"No, not at all," Jiro Kobayashi quickly shook his head, earnestly saying, "I've never met Dr. Simon in person. But I won't hide it from you, my brother offended him when he was alive. I'm afraid he might hold a grudge against our Kobayashi family. So, to avoid any issues, when you ask him to treat Mr. Yamamoto later, please don't mention my name. You can call me Mr. Tanaka."

"Okay," Nanako nodded and stepped forward to knock on the door, asking, "Excuse me, is Dr. Simon here?"

The attendant, seeing a stunningly beautiful woman, was surprised and politely said, "Hello, Dr. Simon has already finished consultations for today. If you need anything, please come back tomorrow."

Nanako hurriedly said, "Please tell Dr. Simon that there is a patient who wants to ask for his help. If he is willing to treat and can cure, I'm willing to offer 10 million US dollars as a consultation fee!"

Abby happened to be tidying up the counter and heard this. She immediately spoke up, "I'm sorry, my grandfather treats people to save lives, not to make money. If you think you can persuade him with more money, please leave!"

Nanako apologized immediately, "I didn't mean that! I just want to express my sincerity as much as possible. My master's meridians are all severed, and he's like a living dead now. I heard that Dr. Simon once cured a high-level paraplegic patient, so I came specifically to beg him to save a life!"

"Severed meridians?"

Abby stared at Nanako in astonishment, blurting out, "Are you sure it's the meridians that are severed and not some other condition?"

Abby was surprised because the concept of meridians is something most ordinary people have no knowledge of.

Their exposure to the concept of meridians mostly comes from martial arts novels and movies. Ask them to explain it, and most people don't even understand the basics of meridians.

And very few martial artists and medical practitioners actually understand meridians. So, when this woman confidently stated that her master's meridians were severed, could she be a martial artist?

"Yes!" Nanako hurriedly said, "The person who injured my master personally said that he severed all his meridians."

Abby asked further, "How did he sever all your master's meridians? Did he use a powerful strike on each of your master's meridians?"

Nanako replied, "That person only struck my master once, and all his meridians were severed."

Abby said incredulously, "How strong is this person? To be able to sever all your master's meridians with just one strike, such unimaginable strength, I've never heard of it. Even for martial arts masters, to sever someone's meridians throughout the body, it would require breaking them one by one, not just with one strike."

Nanako earnestly said, "Indeed, it was just one strike. I saw it with my own eyes!"

At this moment, Simon Thorpe stepped out from the back room, his voice firm and powerful, "I've never heard of anyone with such ability. Little girl, who exactly did your master provoke?"

Simon Thorpe's expression turned extremely cold, and he snorted, "Wade? Is this person very young, handsome, and extraordinary? Radiating an aura akin to a True Heavenly Dragon Among Men?"

"Well..." Nanako thought for a moment, embarrassedly saying, "I didn't notice those details, but he was indeed quite handsome, relatively young, looked like he was in his mid-twenties."

Simon Thorpe's face immediately turned extremely cold, he coldly snorted, saying, "What a joke! Your master offended Master Wade, and Master Wade disabled his meridians. Yet you dare to come to me to treat your master?!"

Nanako couldn't believe that the guy, Charlie Wade, turned out to be the master referred to as "Master Wade" by the legendary healer Simon Thorpe, and even more astonishingly, he was considered the "True Heavenly Dragon Among Men" in Simon's eyes.

In Japan, there are many legends about dragons, given that Japan's civilization originally came from China, making the two cultures closely connected.

In Japanese culture, dragons hold a position almost equal to that of deities, being the highest-ranking creatures.

However, Nanako wondered why this elderly figure in the medical field would address a young man as the "True Heavenly Dragon Among Men."

Little did she know that Charlie had profoundly influenced Simon, challenging his decades-old beliefs. Simon highly respected and admired Charlie for his extraordinary medical skills and incredible alchemical abilities, which Simon considered unparalleled in the world.

Moreover, Charlie's generosity had deeply benefited Simon. A healing elixir and a Resurrection Pill had opened a new chapter in his life.

Grateful for such immense kindness, Simon found it unforgettable and believed it was beyond repayment.

At this moment, seeing Simon's anger, Nanako hurriedly pleaded, "Master Simon, my mentor offended Mr. Wade in a moment of impulse, speaking rashly. It was wrong, but not to the extent of deserving this punishment. I implore you to show mercy and help!"

Simon waved his hand decisively, saying, "Young lady, my life has been saved by Master Wade. I've stayed in Aurous Hill to run a clinic and heal people as a way to repay his kindness. Therefore, anyone who offends Master Wade is an enemy in my eyes. You speak and behave courteously, so I won't use harsh words on you. I don't wish to drive you away, so please leave willingly."

Touched, Nanako choked, "Master Simon, a healer's heart is compassionate. You cannot turn a blind eye to someone in need."

Simon bowed to her, saying, "Compassion is indeed essential, but with a mountainous debt of gratitude before me, I have a clear conscience. You don't need to say more; leave on your own accord."

Nanako wanted to continue pleading, but Simon had already walked away into the clinic's room with his hands behind his back.

Without waiting for Nanako to speak, Abby gestured for her to leave, saying, "Madam, please leave."

Resigned, Nanako sighed and respectfully said, "I apologize for the disturbance."

Jiro followed silently throughout but didn't dare utter a word. While chasing after romantic interests was important, personal safety mattered more. His elder brother had a mishap in this very clinic, and he dared not cause trouble here.

As they left Season's Essence, Jiro softly advised, "Miss Nanako, don't take it to heart. These reclusive experts can be peculiar. Let's return to the hotel and rest. We can come back another day and try again. China has a famous historical story called 'Three Visits to the Thatched Cottage" .' It's about Liu Bei visiting Zhuge Liang's home three times to invite him out of seclusion. After three attempts, Zhuge Liang agreed. Maybe we can have our own 'Three Visits to the Season's Essence.'"

Nanako shook her head, saying, "When Master Simon rejected me, his eyes showed no room for negotiation. Even if I come three times, or even thirty times, the result would likely be the same. It seems that to resolve this matter, we must start with Mr. Wade."

"Charlie Wade?!"

Jiro felt a sudden chill down his neck and blurted out, "Miss Nanako, you must stay away from that Charlie Wade. He's extremely dangerous, and it's crucial not to have too much contact with him."

He continued, "Also, never heed Mr. Yamamoto's advice to apprentice under Charlie. As far as I know, Charlie is very unfriendly towards Japanese people. Just because Mr. Yamamoto mentioned the phrase 'East Asian weakling,' he cruelly crippled him!"

Nanako nodded, "I never thought he would take me as his disciple. I just hope he can help cure my mentor, or at least speak up for him to persuade the divine healer to treat him."

"No, today."

"Yes, absolutely!"

Nanako's face was resolute as she said to Jiro, "I've heard he lives in the best villa area in Aurous Hill, Thomson Elite. Please, Mr. Kobayashi, could you take me there now?"

He was well aware of Charlie's situation and knew how difficult he was to deal with. If Nanako went to see him, not only would she not gain any benefits, but she might even anger him and get hurt.

So, he immediately said, "Miss Nanako, you don't know Charlie's true nature. Going to see him like this will only end in trouble!"

Nanako replied, "I'm not going to challenge him. I know I'm no match for him. I just want to sincerely ask for his help. Even if it costs me dearly, I want to cure my mentor."

Before Jiro could say anything else, Nanako didn't give him a chance and earnestly asked, "Mr. Kobayashi, could you drive me to Thomson Elite? If you can, let's go now. If not, I'll take a taxi."

Jiro sighed helplessly and said, "Alright, since Miss Nanako insists, I'll take you there."

Simon Thorpe told him that a woman had come seeking his help to treat a person with severed meridians throughout the body, asking if it was Charlie's doing.

Charlie openly admitted, "If I'm not mistaken, the person seeking your help should be Nanako, a Japanese girl. The one I crippled, Kazuki Yamamoto, is her mentor. Yamamoto dared to mention the phrase 'East Asian weakling' in front of me, so naturally, I wouldn't spare him."

"So, she's Japanese!" Simon Thorpe said angrily. "Last time, the one who tried to snatch your divine medicine from me was also Japanese! They keep causing trouble, truly uncivilized barbarians!"

Charlie smiled faintly, "They've been following behind us for thousands of years. They've developed a little faster in the past two or three hundred years and now think highly of themselves. Old Simon, you handle these barbarians quite aptly."

Simon Thorpe hurriedly said, "Master Wade, rest assured, I will never let that woman step into my clinic again!"

Charlie smiled slightly, "Although her mentor is arrogant and disrespectful, this girl is quite courteous. If she comes to you again for help, just reject her. There's no need to make things difficult. We Chinese always speak reasonably, and each matter has its own solution. We don't use one brush to paint everything."
hahaha

Charlie was impressed.

"You're just bluffing."

"Okay."

"Severed meridians?"

"Charlie Wade?!"

"No, today."

"Yes, absolutely!"

Innocent sweet Nanako 🥺

Chapter 1411 - "Japanese Justice Jumble"

Charlie did have a strong dislike for Kazuki Yamamoto, but let's be real here, he had a decent impression of Nanako.

Sure, Nanako had been practicing martial arts for years, but beneath that tough exterior, there was a softness to her, making her quite a sensible girl.

When Simon Thorpe heard Charlie's words, he immediately responded, "I understand, Master Wade. Don't worry, if she comes by next time, I'll treat her with the utmost courtesy."

"Alright, that'll do," Charlie said. "Okay, Elder Simon, I'm almost home, so I won't keep you any longer."

"Sure thing, Master Wade."

Ending the call with Simon Thorpe, Charlie drove into the Thomson Elite villa area.

As he neared his home, Charlie gradually slowed down his car.

Suddenly, a figure darted out from the side and stood in front of his car.

Charlie hit the brakes, bringing the car to a stop, and looked up to see none other than Nanako blocking his path!

He couldn't help but wonder.

What was this Japanese woman doing here?

Nanako's strength was indeed remarkable among ordinary people, so it wasn't surprising she could enter Thomson Elite.

However, what piqued Charlie's curiosity was: What did this Japanese woman want with him?

At this moment, Nanako, standing in front of Charlie's BMW, remained silent, bowing deeply with a humble expression on her face.

Charlie, feeling helpless, got out of the car and approached her, asking, "Miss Ito, what are you doing here?"

Nanako raised her head, looking somewhat nervous as she gazed at Charlie. After hesitating for a moment, she suddenly bent her knees and knelt in front of him, pleading, "Mr. Wade, I beg you to save my master!"

"Save him?" Charlie chuckled. "With his meridians severed, why do you think I can save him?"

Nanako said firmly, "I trust my judgment. I believe you can save my master. Yes, he may have made mistakes, but they don't warrant this!"

Charlie sneered, "Don't warrant this? You need to understand, he insulted not just me, but all Chinese people today. Why do you think his mistakes don't warrant this? I won't even mention the harm and scars Japan left on the Chinese people in the past. Just those words, 'East Asian weakling,' are unforgivable!"

Nanako felt ashamed and said, "You're right. I know those words are highly inappropriate. But my master is already an old man. Are you really going to condemn him to a life of misery just because of those four words? Moreover, your men carved those words on his forehead. He's already endured inhuman torture and humiliation. Please, have mercy and spare him."

Charlie said calmly, "Miss Ito, let me give you a piece of advice."

Nanako didn't understand why Charlie suddenly wanted to give her advice, so she hastily said, "Mr. Wade, please go ahead. I'm all ears!"

Charlie said, "A woman like you should go back to Japan, find a good man, and get married. From now on, focus on being a wife and mother. Don't try to pursue martial arts anymore, and don't expect any breakthroughs in martial arts."

Nanako looked at him, incredulous, and asked, "Mr. Wade, are you looking down on my abilities? Although I may not be worth mentioning in front of you, I've won the championship in two consecutive World University Games. Isn't that better than what most people achieve?"

Charlie smiled and said, "Your skills are indeed impressive among your peers, but your mentality isn't suited for the path of martial arts."

Chapter 1412 - "The Hard Truth"

Nanako frowned and said, "Please, Mr. Wade, make it clear!"

Charlie said, "Firstly, on the path of martial arts, one must cultivate the mind before the body, and then the skills."

"Which means, the importance of mindset surpasses physical fitness and the type of martial arts."

"Whether you practice boxing, kickboxing, or martial arts like Jeet Kune Do, karate, Wing Chun, or Tai Chi, it doesn't really matter. What's important is your inner self!"

Nanako asked in confusion, "My inner self? What's wrong with it?"

Charlie snorted coldly and reprimanded from his superior position, "Your inner self is filled with compassion like a woman's, filled with reluctance to admit defeat, lacking in open-mindedness, lacking in composure, and lacking in fierceness!"

"Fierceness?!" Nanako's expression tightened, exclaiming, "What does that mean? What is fierceness?"

Charlie explained, "Fierceness is that toughness and ferocity. If a wolf's companion is caught by a hunter, the wolf will only attempt to save it, not beg the hunter for mercy!"

"If a wolf's companion is injured, it won't whimper by its side. Instead, it will bare its teeth to seek revenge for its companion, fight if it can, endure patiently if it can't, and wait for the right opportunity to strike again!"

"However, a qualified wolf will never wag its tail and plead for mercy in front of its enemy! Even if it's just a husky, no matter how big or strong it is, it won't be a match for a wolf."

"So, you're simply not a qualified martial artist!"

Nanako angrily questioned, "How dare you say I'm not qualified?"

Charlie said coldly, "I say you're not qualified because you have three faults!"

"Fault one! You lack the spirit of willingness to admit defeat!"

"Your master and I made a fair bet, and the outcome was to be borne by oneself. Even your master can admit defeat and accept the consequences. As his disciple, can't you accept it? Instead, you come to me seeking help. Tell me, if you were the one who lost the bet, would you also try to wriggle out of it and refuse to admit defeat?"

Nanako's face turned red with embarrassment, not knowing what to do for a moment.

Charlie continued, "Fault two! Although you're physically strong as a martial artist, your heart is incredibly weak. This proves that you're not cut out to be a martial artist from the core! In my eyes, a martial artist is like a fearless wolf, ready to fight and unafraid of death. But you, despite having the physique and teeth of a wolf, deep down, you're just a pitiful teddy bear!"

Upon hearing this, tears welled up in Nanako's eyes instantly.

And Charlie kept going.

"Fault three! A true martial artist should embrace death as if returning home on the battlefield. Heads may be severed, blood may flow, but one's integrity must remain intact! But you? You actually come to me wagging your tail, begging for mercy. Would you also kneel and beg for mercy from the enemy on a real battlefield? Would you plead for mercy and hope they spare you?"

"A warrior who kneels and begs for mercy from the enemy is not a qualified warrior. So, when I say you're not a qualified martial artist, am I even slightly wrong?!"

"Your current actions are simply tarnishing the name of a martial artist! So, I advise you, stop practicing martial arts. You're not worthy!"

"Since you're so compassionate, go back and be a good wife, mother, and woman. I believe you'll perform better in these roles than as a martial artist!"

Being reprimanded mercilessly by Charlie like this, Nanako's emotions instantly collapsed, and she burst into tears.

Chapter 1413 - "Acceptance and Resolve"

Charlie's words made Nanako understand that she had never been a true martial artist.

Even though she had once held the title of world champion, even though she had been among the top young talents in the world, she still didn't grasp the essence of martial arts.

Seeing her crying so bitterly, on the verge of collapse, Charlie couldn't help but sigh lightly and said, "Sorry, I was a bit harsh just now, but I hope you understand what the true essence of martial arts is!"

Nanako lifted her head, her eyes red, and knelt on the ground, tears streaming down her face, "Mr. Wade, please guide me, please teach me!"

Charlie didn't extend his hand to help her up. Instead, he said earnestly, "The soul of martial arts lies not in the level of strength, but in the strength of the heart!"

"A strong heart, even if one is physically disabled, never betrays the spirit of martial arts. Take your master for example. Despite his arrogance and sharp tongue, he can at least accept the consequences of failure. From this perspective, he is indeed much stronger than you!"

Nanako's eyes dimmed as she said, "My master even attempted to take his own life today by biting his tongue. I believe if his hands were still functional, he would have chosen to commit seppuku."

(Seppuku, also known as harakiri, is a traditional Japanese form of ritual suicide by disembowelment, typically performed by samurai to maintain honor or avoid disgrace.)

Charlie nodded, "That proves that despite his lack of physical strength, his heart is still resilient. From the heart, he hasn't failed as a martial artist. But you..."

Charlie glanced at Nanako and said seriously, "From what I see now, you are indeed not suitable for practicing martial arts. Let me give you some advice: after this competition, go back to Japan and focus on your university studies. After graduating, you can pursue a master's degree or start a family early and live an ordinary life."

Nanako, with tear-stained eyes, said earnestly, "But I really don't want to give up martial arts!"

Charlie calmly said, "Since you don't want to give up, you have to find a way to strengthen your inner self."

Nanako asked eagerly, "Mr. Wade, how can I strengthen my inner self?"

Charlie replied, "It's simple. Firstly, start by accepting what happened to your master. Acceptance is the first step to inner strength. Then, make it your goal to avenge him. That's the second step to inner strength."

Nanako hurriedly waved her hand, "Mr. Wade, I never thought of avenging my master. I know I'm far from being your match, and I also know that my master's fate today is not your fault."

"Good." Charlie nodded approvingly, "Well, since you know that it's not my fault, it shows that you've made some progress. This matter is entirely your master's own doing. So I advise you not to put too much pressure on yourself. If you feel sorry for him, take care of him well when you return to Japan."

Nanako nodded repeatedly, "Master Wade, I understand!"

Charlie said, "Good, as long as you understand. It's getting late, you should go back home soon."

Nanako hurriedly said, "Mr. Wade, I still have one more question to ask you."

Charlie said, "Go ahead."

Nanako asked eagerly, "Mr. Wade, is it possible for you to take me as your disciple?"

Charlie decisively said, "Not possible."

"Why?" Nanako asked anxiously, "Is it because I'm not talented enough, or because I'm Japanese?"

Charlie spoke frankly, "The main reason is because you're Japanese. For thousands of years, Chinese people have taught Japanese people many things, but Japanese people do not show gratitude. Even in the past two or three hundred years, they have repeatedly been hostile to China and even harmed the Chinese people. As the saying goes, one learns from mistakes. So I will never pass on Chinese martial arts to a Japanese woman."

Nanako felt deeply ashamed for the first time because she was Japanese.

Chapter 1414 - "Nanako's Revelation: A Martial Awakening"

So, she quickly prostrated herself on the ground, bowed her head, and said, "Mr. Wade, on behalf of all Japanese who have harmed the Chinese people, I apologize to you and the people of China. I'm sorry! I will do my best to repay Japan's debts for the rest of my life!"

Charlie waved his hand, "Alright, this debt may never be fully repaid, but I'm glad to see you have this intention."

With that, he reached out to help Nanako up and said, "You still have two more matches to go. Hurry back and prepare well. As Dianne's coach, I'm really looking forward to seeing you two meet in the finals. So, make sure you perform well in the semifinals. Only by successfully advancing to the finals can you meet Dianne in the final match."

Nanako firmly said, "Mr. Wade, please rest assured, I will do my best to meet Dianne in the final!"

"Good," Charlie nodded in satisfaction, "Then I'll see you in the finals."

With that said, Charlie turned and returned to his BMW car, driving into his Thomson Elite villa.

Nanako looked in the direction of the car for a long time, standing still until Charlie disappeared from view. She stayed in place for about ten minutes.

At this moment, a strong admiration for Charlie emerged from the depths of her heart.

It turns out that a man like Charlie is a true master of martial arts.

In her heart, she made a comparison between the two.

Comparatively, although her master had a strong and resolute heart, his strength and character were far inferior to Charlie's.

Especially her master's arrogance and blind self-confidence before, thinking he was already a top-notch master, actively provoking Charlie. From this point of view, her master's mentality was far inferior to Charlie's.

Charlie's strength was so unimaginably strong, but before he actually took action, there was no trace of arrogance or pride.

Objectively speaking, her former master, who once uttered the words "East Asian weakling," was simply like a clown.

And what Charlie said was absolutely right. The reason her master ended up in such a situation was because he had brought it upon himself.

At this moment, her admiration and reverence for Charlie surged forth like a nuclear explosion, exerting an extremely powerful influence deep in her heart.

So much so that her mind was filled with Charlie's figure, unable to be dispelled.

Echoing in her ears was Charlie's strong and forceful reprimand, which for her, was like a profound enlightenment.

Jiro waited outside Thomson Elite for a long time before seeing the disoriented Nanako slowly approaching.

He hurriedly got out of the car and asked, "Miss Nanako, did you see Charlie?"

Nanako nodded, somewhat absentmindedly, and said softly, "Yes, I saw him."

Jiro hurriedly asked again, "Did he agree to help treat Mr. Yamamoto?"

Nanako shook her head and murmured to herself in a low voice, "I was wrong to think too much about this. I shouldn't have given up the soul of a warrior to beg Mr. Wade to save my master. A qualified warrior must have the courage to face their own fate."

"Since I want to be a qualified warrior, I must also have the courage to face the fate of others."

Chapter 1415 - "Marriage Plans and Marketing Ploys"

That night, Nanako couldn't sleep a wink.

She kept thinking about the words Charlie had said to her, and somehow, after thinking it over, she suddenly felt that she couldn't give up martial arts!

In fact, she must redouble her efforts, work harder than ever, and make Charlie see her in a new light!

Perhaps Charlie would never be willing to take her as his disciple, but she must use her actions to show him that she could become a qualified martial artist!

On the other hand, Jiro, who had been pursuing Nanako, also struggled to sleep.

He was eager to win over Nanako, but at the same time, he looked forward to the next phase of advertising for Kobayashi Gastric Powder in China.

Because Kobayashi Gastric Powder was the title sponsor of the finals, now was a great opportunity for extensive promotion.

Moreover, to Jiro's surprise, the Chinese contestant Dianne had unexpectedly become a dark horse in the competition!

For him, because he wanted to tap into the Chinese market, he really hoped that the Chinese contestant would perform well in this competition.

The better the Chinese contestant performed, the more attention the competition would receive from Chinese audiences.

It would be best if the Chinese contestant could win the championship in this competition. That would greatly increase the influence of the competition in China, and in turn, help promote Kobayashi Gastric Powder in China.

However, Jiro didn't actually want Nanako to win.

Firstly, if a Japanese contestant won the competition sponsored by a Japanese company, it might provoke some resistance from Chinese audiences.

Secondly, Jiro intended to marry Nanako after she graduated from university. If she won this competition, she would likely have to prepare for the Olympics next. If she won the next Olympics, she would probably prepare for the one after that while still at her peak.

In that case, marriage would become insignificant in Nanako's eyes.

So, if Nanako lost this competition, gave up martial arts and the Olympics, and willingly married him to become a good wife and mother, that would be the best outcome for him.

If Dianne could win and arouse the attention and pride of the entire China, then Kobayashi Gastric Powder would definitely be able to spread across China through this competition.

In that case, it would bring Kobayashi Pharmaceuticals billions of profits annually, allowing Kobayashi Pharmaceuticals to quickly recover and reach a new peak!

This was the result Jiro wanted most!

The next day.

Haidee Snow began shooting the advertisement for Mystical Gastric Remedy in a studio at a film and television base in Aurous Hill.

While shooting the advertisement, Charlie came to the film and television base to visit.

Actually, he had no intention of coming.

However, because his wife Claire really wanted to see the entire process of Haidee shooting the advertisement, she persuaded him to bring her along.

Although Haidee was somewhat displeased with Charlie bringing his wife to visit the set, overall, seeing Charlie here made her very happy.

The advertising shoot was relatively simple, and after filming for a day, the basic work of the shoot was already completed.

Chapter 1416 - "Galas and Goodbyes"

Claire couldn't stay at the film and television base for the entire duration of the shoot because of her work, so she went back to her studio halfway through, leaving Charlie and Lorden on set.

After the advertisement shoot was completed, the staff from the advertising company immediately took the footage back for post-production. Charlie and Lorden once again hosted a dinner at Shangri-La, entertaining Haidee and Lilah.

Haidee was one of the top domestic celebrities, so her schedule was still very busy. This year, she was invited to participate in the Spring Festival Gala and had a solo performance, so she had to rush back to Eastcliff for the first formal rehearsal.

The stars who could appear on the Spring Festival Gala were all top-tier celebrities in the country. Due to the high viewership of the gala, many big stars were eager to participate.

Many big stars were willing to lower their status just to appear on the gala, even if it meant playing a minor role in a skit, or even several singers coming together to perform a song.

The reason they were willing to do this was because the Spring Festival Gala was so highly sought after.

In fact, there were very few solo performances in the gala, and those who received such treatment were generally top-tier celebrities.

Back in the day, when Wang Tianhou performed her solo "Legend," it became popular overnight and made her comeback a huge success, earning her a lot of money.

This just shows the influence of the Spring Festival Gala.

As a film and television star whose main focus was acting, Haidee was able to have a solo performance on the gala, which was considered a highly prestigious treatment. Fans nationwide were also paying close attention to her performance this year.

However, Haidee herself was reluctant to leave Aurous Hill so soon.

After all, she had finally reunited with Charlie, her brother whom she had been searching for for more than ten years. Naturally, she hoped to spend a few more days with him.

But as the Spring Festival Gala was an event that the entire country paid close attention to, Haidee couldn't afford to take it lightly. So she had to decide to fly back early tomorrow morning and focus on preparing for the gala.

At the dinner table, Haidee asked Charlie again, "Brother Charlie, I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be able to stay with you. Are you sure you'll come to Eastcliff next week to see me and dad?"

"Yes." Charlie nodded, promising earnestly, "I'll definitely come next week after I finish handling my affairs."

Haidee smiled happily and said, "Then I'll wait for you in Eastcliff soon!"

Charlie smiled, "Then we'll meet in Eastcliff."

"Brother Charlie, can you come to the airport to see me off tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"That's settled then!"

Coincidentally, the International University Student Sanda Tournament would start the semi-finals tomorrow.

Dianne would compete against an Australian opponent in the match, while Nanako would face an American opponent.

If Dianne won, she would meet the winner of the other match in the final to compete for the championship.

Charlie had great confidence in Dianne. With her current strength, he believed she could definitely win the championship.

However, Charlie also hoped that Nanako could win against the American opponent tomorrow and then compete with Dianne for the championship in the final.

In fact, this competition was not fair to Nanako.

Originally, she could definitely win the championship, but Charlie used spiritual energy and divine medicine to greatly improve Dianne's physical fitness, making her undergo a transformation. Essentially, he was forcefully snatching the championship medal from Nanako.

Because he had a good impression of Nanako, he hoped she could at least win a silver medal.

After all, this Japanese girl was very passionate about martial arts and trained very hard from a young age. Even if she couldn't win the championship, she should at least win a second place.

Chapter 1417 - "Morning Mishaps and Matrimonial Mayhem"

The next day.

Haidee's flight was scheduled to depart at 8:30 in the morning.

The semifinals of the Sanda competition were set to start at 10:00 in the morning.

So, Charlie planned to first accompany Haidee to the airport and then go to the sports arena to watch Dianne's match.

Early in the morning, Charlie found his father-in-law, Jacob, and said, "Dad, do you need the car in the morning? If not, can I borrow it? I have something to do in the morning."

Jacob chuckled and said, "I have a lecture on antique art appraisal for our calligraphy and painting association this morning."

As he spoke, Jacob threw a meaningful glance at Charlie, suggesting that Charlie understood.

It must be related to the last time the elderly university and the calligraphy and painting association organized an event. His father-in-law got close to Merit, and since his mother-in-law didn't suspect anything, his father-in-law took the opportunity to increase contact with Merit.

This time, going to the elderly university to give a lecture, Charlie could guess that he was definitely going for Merit.

At this moment, Elaine happened to come downstairs. Hearing this, she sneered disdainfully, "Always hanging around with that calligraphy and painting association. What's the use?!"

Jacob said impatiently, "You don't understand! I am now the executive director of the calligraphy and painting association. Chairman Perkins even said that in the next association election, he will recommend me as the vice president. By then, I, Jacob Wilson, will be a prominent figure in the antique art world in Aurous Hill!"

Elaine coldly snorted, "Stop fooling around with those useless things. Making some money is the real deal. Before you joined the calligraphy and painting association, you used to make some profit by dealing with antiques. But ever since you joined the association, I haven't heard of you making money from dealing antiques. Are you hiding money from me?"

Jacob said irritably, "Elaine, don't forget, we are now living separately. Moreover, after you lost all the money last time, we agreed that I would be in charge of the finances in this family. So, you have no right to manage my money!"

Elaine gritted her teeth and said, "Fine, Mr. Wilson, you've really grown a spine, haven't you? Do you really think that just because we're living separately, I can't do anything to you? Believe it or not, if I don't do anything today, I won't do anything. I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association, create a scene in front of everyone, and see if you still have the face to stay in the association!"

Saying that, Elaine continued with resentment, "Going once is not enough. I'll give you a monthly subscription. I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association to make a scene twenty or thirty times a month, and I guarantee you'll be satisfied!"

Jacob was instantly frightened.

He knew Elaine's temper. If she said she would do it, she would definitely do it.

Now that he finally had a certain position in the calligraphy and painting association and had increased contact with Merit, he couldn't let Elaine go there and cause trouble.

Especially, if she set her sights on the calligraphy and painting association, then discovered that Merit had returned to China, and found out about his increased contact with Merit, she would definitely cause chaos in both the association and the elderly university!

Chapter 1418 - "Jacob's Account: More Drama than Dollars"

So, he quickly backed down and said to Elaine, "Come on, do we have to solve everything through arguing?"

Elaine said coldly, "You said it yourself, this house is under your control, I have no authority here, then how can I establish my position in this house without making a scene?"

Jacob voluntarily surrendered, saying, "I misspoke. You do have authority. Is that good enough?"

Elaine smirked, "Since you said I have authority, then I'm going to exercise my rights and power now. Jacob, tell me the truth, how much money do you have right now? Are you secretly dealing antiques behind my back and making money without telling me?"

Jacob looked miserable and said, "I don't have any money! Let me be honest with you, I really don't have any money right now. The calligraphy and painting association can't make much money either. I used to make some money by dealing antiques, but now there are no good opportunities. I recently bought some cheap calligraphy and paintings, but they all turned out to be worthless. I spent thousands of dollars on each painting, only to find out they're not even worth a hundred."

With a long sigh, Jacob lamented, "That Tim has also disappeared recently. Before, when I needed him, he always helped me sell things at a good price. Now, I can't even find him. It's like he's vanished into thin air."

Charlie found it amusing.

Tim had spent a lot of money from his father-in-law to buy some junk in order to please him. All that money was pure loss.

If this continued, even billions of dollars wouldn't be enough to satisfy his father-in-law's greed.

So naturally, he did everything he could to avoid his father-in-law.

Now that his father-in-law wanted to find him, it would be as difficult as reaching the heavens.

Elaine didn't believe his words and said coldly, "Come on, open your phone's banking app, Alipay, WeChat Wallet, and let me see your balance!"

Jacob said angrily, "Why are you checking my accounts again? When you gambled away all the family's money, I asked you to show me your balance, but you refused to. Now, why should I show you mine?"

Elaine said angrily, "Fine, you don't want to show me? Fine, I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association later and make a scene! Elaine always keeps her word!"

Jacob got scared and quickly said, "Okay, okay, I'll show you!"

After that, he opened his bank account, Alipay, and WeChat Wallet one by one and showed Elaine.

After Elaine finished looking, her face was filled with disappointment. "Jacob, how did you end up like this? With your bank account, Alipay, and WeChat combined, it's only a little over ten thousand . You, a man in his fifties, look so poor. Aren't you ashamed?"

Jacob's face turned red and then pale, angrily said, "Do you still have the nerve to say that? You gambled away all my life savings. If it weren't for that, how could I be so poor?"

Elaine's expression flashed with a hint of embarrassment, but she quickly hardened again, "It's the duty of you men to go out and make money. Since there's no money left at home, you should go out and find a way to earn some! What's the point of hanging around that useless calligraphy and painting association all day? It's not even worth a damn! You might as well find a restaurant and work as a waiter, at least you could earn two or three thousand a month!"

Jacob was furious, "Elaine, I'm the executive director of the Aurous Hill Calligraphy and Painting Association! How can you ask me, an executive director, to work as a waiter?"

"What kind of executive director? It's useless if you don't make money!" Elaine angrily roared, "Let me tell you, when my leg heals and I get my teeth fixed, I'm going out every day to hang out with friends, play cards, do facials, eat out, and sing. These all cost money. You better find a way to make money quickly, or else I'll be clinging to you every day when I have no money to go out!"

Chapter 1419 - "Breakfast Negotiations: A Truce for the Morning"

"You..."

Jacob's eyes turned red with anger.

He had no countermeasure against Elaine's shrewish behavior at all.

So, he felt like a scholar facing soldiers, unable to explain himself.

At this moment, Charlie spoke up, "Alright, alright, you two, stop quarreling early in the morning."

As soon as Elaine heard Charlie speak, she immediately softened.

In the past, if Charlie dared to intervene when she scolded Jacob, she would have definitely pointed at Charlie's nose and scolded him.

But now, things had changed. Fortunes had shifted. They were out of money, and this villa was arranged by Charlie. So, in this household, Charlie had the most say now.

In order not to be kicked out by Charlie, she could only do her best to please him and not make him angry.

Therefore, she glared fiercely at Jacob and said angrily, "If it weren't for my good son-in-law speaking up for you, I would definitely not let you off today! I'll spare you this once for the sake of my good son-in-law!"

With that, she smiled at Charlie and asked, "Good son-in-law, do you want Mom to cook breakfast for you this morning?"

Charlie asked in surprise, "You can cook?"

Elaine hurriedly said, "Look at what you're saying. Before you entered our family, I was the one cooking all the time. How about this, I'll make you my specialty tomato and ground meat noodles. I'll go pick fresh tomatoes from our garden later!"

Ever since Charlie arranged for a vegetable garden at home last time, the entire garden was enclosed with double-layered glass and turned into a greenhouse.

He even installed heating equipment inside, so even in winter, the garden was as warm as spring.

This effect was much better than a real vegetable greenhouse, and many fruits and vegetables grew exceptionally well.

Charlie had been married to Claire for almost four years, and he had never eaten a meal cooked by his mother-in-law.

Seeing his mother-in-law volunteering to cook tomato and ground meat noodles, he felt relieved and nodded, "Since Mom wants to cook, I won't interfere. But I have something to do this morning, and if it takes too long, I might not make it in time."

Elaine chuckled, "You don't need to worry about anything. Mom will go make it now, and it'll be ready in twenty minutes!"

With that, she immediately trotted out to the garden to pick tomatoes.

After picking the tomatoes, Elaine hurriedly went into the kitchen to start cooking.

Claire finished washing up and came downstairs to find her mother cooking in the kitchen, surprised and dumbfounded.

For several years, she hadn't seen her mother cooking again. Today was indeed the first time since she married Charlie.

Chapter 1420 - "Beauty and Tears: Elaine's Quest for Youth"

So, she asked Charlie softly, "What's wrong with Mom? Why is she cooking in the kitchen?"

Charlie smiled and replied, "Mom said she wanted me to taste her cooking. She's making tomato and ground meat noodles."

Claire sighed, "Oh my, my mom actually volunteered to cook. This is like the sun rising from the west. It seems like she's had a change of heart."

At this moment, Charlie wasn't thinking about the phrase "change of heart", but rather the ancient saying, "When there's no need, offering excessive kindness often hides ulterior motives."

So he speculated that his mother-in-law, Elaine, must have something to ask of him. Otherwise, with her personality, she would never voluntarily cook.

Sure enough, when they sat down at the dinner table, Elaine served noodles to Charlie herself, smiling as she said to him, "Good son-in-law, there's something I want to ask you. I wonder if you could agree?"

Charlie said, "Mom, just tell me. As long as it's within my capabilities and reasonable, I won't refuse."

Elaine immediately smiled warmly and said, "A good son-in-law indeed. Recently, I've noticed that I seem to have aged quite a bit. Not only have wrinkles appeared on my face, but the crow's feet at the corners of my eyes are also becoming more prominent. It's really true that time waits for no one!"

After saying this, she looked at Charlie with a smile, "Recently, I heard that there's a kind of high-end skincare product made from premium caviar abroad. It's said to be very effective in anti-aging, and many famous celebrities use it to fight against aging. I want to ask you to buy me a set."

Claire couldn't help but exclaim, "Mom! The skincare product you're talking about costs tens of thousands for a set! What kind of condition does our family have that you're asking Charlie to buy such an expensive skincare product for you? Didn't I buy you several sets of Estee Lauder skincare products worth thousands before? Isn't that enough?"

Elaine blurted out, "Forget about your Estee Lauder. I suspect it's because of using it that I got these wrinkles."

Claire was frustrated, "Mom! Estee Lauder is already good enough. Even I don't want to use it myself! Look at what I use in our bathroom. They're all domestic brands and ordinary imported brands. I don't even want to use big brands like Estee Lauder."

Elaine huffed, "You're still young! It's fine for young people even if they don't use anything. But I'm old! If I don't take care of myself, I'll become an old hag in the future! Look at your dad now. He's already starting to dislike me, living separately from me, and even talking about divorce. If I don't pay more attention, if your dad abandons me in the future, who else will want me?!"

Claire couldn't find words to respond.

She was angry but felt there was nothing to say to her mother. She couldn't reason with her. So she turned to Charlie and said, "Don't listen to my mom. Please don't buy it for her!"

Elaine suddenly burst into tears, feeling wronged, "Your dad treats me badly, and your grandma and them treat me even worse. But I never expected that even my own daughter wouldn't treat me well!"

Claire blurted out, "Mom, how can you say that? Not buying you skincare products that cost tens of thousands per set means I don't treat you well? Where's the logic in that?!"

Elaine cried, "I don't care! I just want to look younger and not age so quickly. I'm already so miserable. I really can't bear to watch myself become more and more like an old hag!"

At this moment, Charlie patted Claire's hand lightly and said calmly, "Alright, wife, don't be angry. Mom does have a point. Everyone wants to look beautiful. Mom definitely has this need."

Elaine nodded repeatedly and flattered, "My son-in-law is the best! He understands me the most!"

Charlie continued, "Coincidentally, I have a friend who's in the business of importing skincare products. I'll ask him about it. He also wants me to help him check the feng shui for his new store. So, I'll have him give me two sets of skincare products as payment for checking the feng shui."

Elaine, upon hearing this, was ecstatic, "Really? Oh, my good son-in-law, you're truly the best son-in-law ever! Mom never expected that after experiencing the ups and downs of life, she would finally realize that her son-in-law is the most reliable. The others, such as mother-in-law, brothers-in-law, husband, and even daughters, may fail you when it's crucial!"

Chapter 1411 - "Japanese Justice Jumble"

Charlie did have a strong dislike for Kazuki Yamamoto, but let's be real here, he had a decent impression of Nanako.

Sure, Nanako had been practicing martial arts for years, but beneath that tough exterior, there was a softness to her, making her quite a sensible girl.

When Simon Thorpe heard Charlie's words, he immediately responded, "I understand, Master Wade. Don't worry, if she comes by next time, I'll treat her with the utmost courtesy."

"Alright, that'll do," Charlie said. "Okay, Elder Simon, I'm almost home, so I won't keep you any longer."

"Sure thing, Master Wade."

Ending the call with Simon Thorpe, Charlie drove into the Thomson Elite villa area.

As he neared his home, Charlie gradually slowed down his car.

Suddenly, a figure darted out from the side and stood in front of his car.

Charlie hit the brakes, bringing the car to a stop, and looked up to see none other than Nanako blocking his path!

He couldn't help but wonder.

What was this Japanese woman doing here?

Nanako's strength was indeed remarkable among ordinary people, so it wasn't surprising she could enter Thomson Elite.

However, what piqued Charlie's curiosity was: What did this Japanese woman want with him?

At this moment, Nanako, standing in front of Charlie's BMW, remained silent, bowing deeply with a humble expression on her face.

Charlie, feeling helpless, got out of the car and approached her, asking, "Miss Ito, what are you doing here?"

Nanako raised her head, looking somewhat nervous as she gazed at Charlie. After hesitating for a moment, she suddenly bent her knees and knelt in front of him, pleading, "Mr. Wade, I beg you to save my master!"

"Save him?" Charlie chuckled. "With his meridians severed, why do you think I can save him?"

Nanako said firmly, "I trust my judgment. I believe you can save my master. Yes, he may have made mistakes, but they don't warrant this!"

Charlie sneered, "Don't warrant this? You need to understand, he insulted not just me, but all Chinese people today. Why do you think his mistakes don't warrant this? I won't even mention the harm and scars Japan left on the Chinese people in the past. Just those words, 'East Asian weakling,' are unforgivable!"

Nanako felt ashamed and said, "You're right. I know those words are highly inappropriate. But my master is already an old man. Are you really going to condemn him to a life of misery just because of those four words? Moreover, your men carved those words on his forehead. He's already endured inhuman torture and humiliation. Please, have mercy and spare him."

Charlie said calmly, "Miss Ito, let me give you a piece of advice."

Nanako didn't understand why Charlie suddenly wanted to give her advice, so she hastily said, "Mr. Wade, please go ahead. I'm all ears!"

Charlie said, "A woman like you should go back to Japan, find a good man, and get married. From now on, focus on being a wife and mother. Don't try to pursue martial arts anymore, and don't expect any breakthroughs in martial arts."

Nanako looked at him, incredulous, and asked, "Mr. Wade, are you looking down on my abilities? Although I may not be worth mentioning in front of you, I've won the championship in two consecutive World University Games. Isn't that better than what most people achieve?"

Charlie smiled and said, "Your skills are indeed impressive among your peers, but your mentality isn't suited for the path of martial arts."

Chapter 1412 - "The Hard Truth"

Nanako frowned and said, "Please, Mr. Wade, make it clear!"

Charlie said, "Firstly, on the path of martial arts, one must cultivate the mind before the body, and then the skills."

"Which means, the importance of mindset surpasses physical fitness and the type of martial arts."

"Whether you practice boxing, kickboxing, or martial arts like Jeet Kune Do, karate, Wing Chun, or Tai Chi, it doesn't really matter. What's important is your inner self!"

Nanako asked in confusion, "My inner self? What's wrong with it?"

Charlie snorted coldly and reprimanded from his superior position, "Your inner self is filled with compassion like a woman's, filled with reluctance to admit defeat, lacking in open-mindedness, lacking in composure, and lacking in fierceness!"

"Fierceness?!" Nanako's expression tightened, exclaiming, "What does that mean? What is fierceness?"

Charlie explained, "Fierceness is that toughness and ferocity. If a wolf's companion is caught by a hunter, the wolf will only attempt to save it, not beg the hunter for mercy!"

"If a wolf's companion is injured, it won't whimper by its side. Instead, it will bare its teeth to seek revenge for its companion, fight if it can, endure patiently if it can't, and wait for the right opportunity to strike again!"

"However, a qualified wolf will never wag its tail and plead for mercy in front of its enemy! Even if it's just a husky, no matter how big or strong it is, it won't be a match for a wolf."

"So, you're simply not a qualified martial artist!"

Nanako angrily questioned, "How dare you say I'm not qualified?"

Charlie said coldly, "I say you're not qualified because you have three faults!"

"Fault one! You lack the spirit of willingness to admit defeat!"

"Your master and I made a fair bet, and the outcome was to be borne by oneself. Even your master can admit defeat and accept the consequences. As his disciple, can't you accept it? Instead, you come to me seeking help. Tell me, if you were the one who lost the bet, would you also try to wriggle out of it and refuse to admit defeat?"

Nanako's face turned red with embarrassment, not knowing what to do for a moment.

Charlie continued, "Fault two! Although you're physically strong as a martial artist, your heart is incredibly weak. This proves that you're not cut out to be a martial artist from the core! In my eyes, a martial artist is like a fearless wolf, ready to fight and unafraid of death. But you, despite having the physique and teeth of a wolf, deep down, you're just a pitiful teddy bear!"

Upon hearing this, tears welled up in Nanako's eyes instantly.

And Charlie kept going.

"Fault three! A true martial artist should embrace death as if returning home on the battlefield. Heads may be severed, blood may flow, but one's integrity must remain intact! But you? You actually come to me wagging your tail, begging for mercy. Would you also kneel and beg for mercy from the enemy on a real battlefield? Would you plead for mercy and hope they spare you?"

"A warrior who kneels and begs for mercy from the enemy is not a qualified warrior. So, when I say you're not a qualified martial artist, am I even slightly wrong?!"

"Your current actions are simply tarnishing the name of a martial artist! So, I advise you, stop practicing martial arts. You're not worthy!"

"Since you're so compassionate, go back and be a good wife, mother, and woman. I believe you'll perform better in these roles than as a martial artist!"

Being reprimanded mercilessly by Charlie like this, Nanako's emotions instantly collapsed, and she burst into tears.

Chapter 1413 - "Acceptance and Resolve"

Charlie's words made Nanako understand that she had never been a true martial artist.

Even though she had once held the title of world champion, even though she had been among the top young talents in the world, she still didn't grasp the essence of martial arts.

Seeing her crying so bitterly, on the verge of collapse, Charlie couldn't help but sigh lightly and said, "Sorry, I was a bit harsh just now, but I hope you understand what the true essence of martial arts is!"

Nanako lifted her head, her eyes red, and knelt on the ground, tears streaming down her face, "Mr. Wade, please guide me, please teach me!"

Charlie didn't extend his hand to help her up. Instead, he said earnestly, "The soul of martial arts lies not in the level of strength, but in the strength of the heart!"

"A strong heart, even if one is physically disabled, never betrays the spirit of martial arts. Take your master for example. Despite his arrogance and sharp tongue, he can at least accept the consequences of failure. From this perspective, he is indeed much stronger than you!"

Nanako's eyes dimmed as she said, "My master even attempted to take his own life today by biting his tongue. I believe if his hands were still functional, he would have chosen to commit seppuku."

(Seppuku, also known as harakiri, is a traditional Japanese form of ritual suicide by disembowelment, typically performed by samurai to maintain honor or avoid disgrace.)

Charlie nodded, "That proves that despite his lack of physical strength, his heart is still resilient. From the heart, he hasn't failed as a martial artist. But you..."

Charlie glanced at Nanako and said seriously, "From what I see now, you are indeed not suitable for practicing martial arts. Let me give you some advice: after this competition, go back to Japan and focus on your university studies. After graduating, you can pursue a master's degree or start a family early and live an ordinary life."

Nanako, with tear-stained eyes, said earnestly, "But I really don't want to give up martial arts!"

Charlie calmly said, "Since you don't want to give up, you have to find a way to strengthen your inner self."

Nanako asked eagerly, "Mr. Wade, how can I strengthen my inner self?"

Charlie replied, "It's simple. Firstly, start by accepting what happened to your master. Acceptance is the first step to inner strength. Then, make it your goal to avenge him. That's the second step to inner strength."

Nanako hurriedly waved her hand, "Mr. Wade, I never thought of avenging my master. I know I'm far from being your match, and I also know that my master's fate today is not your fault."

"Good." Charlie nodded approvingly, "Well, since you know that it's not my fault, it shows that you've made some progress. This matter is entirely your master's own doing. So I advise you not to put too much pressure on yourself. If you feel sorry for him, take care of him well when you return to Japan."

Nanako nodded repeatedly, "Master Wade, I understand!"

Charlie said, "Good, as long as you understand. It's getting late, you should go back home soon."

Nanako hurriedly said, "Mr. Wade, I still have one more question to ask you."

Charlie said, "Go ahead."

Nanako asked eagerly, "Mr. Wade, is it possible for you to take me as your disciple?"

Charlie decisively said, "Not possible."

"Why?" Nanako asked anxiously, "Is it because I'm not talented enough, or because I'm Japanese?"

Charlie spoke frankly, "The main reason is because you're Japanese. For thousands of years, Chinese people have taught Japanese people many things, but Japanese people do not show gratitude. Even in the past two or three hundred years, they have repeatedly been hostile to China and even harmed the Chinese people. As the saying goes, one learns from mistakes. So I will never pass on Chinese martial arts to a Japanese woman."

Nanako felt deeply ashamed for the first time because she was Japanese.

Chapter 1414 - "Nanako's Revelation: A Martial Awakening"

So, she quickly prostrated herself on the ground, bowed her head, and said, "Mr. Wade, on behalf of all Japanese who have harmed the Chinese people, I apologize to you and the people of China. I'm sorry! I will do my best to repay Japan's debts for the rest of my life!"

Charlie waved his hand, "Alright, this debt may never be fully repaid, but I'm glad to see you have this intention."

With that, he reached out to help Nanako up and said, "You still have two more matches to go. Hurry back and prepare well. As Dianne's coach, I'm really looking forward to seeing you two meet in the finals. So, make sure you perform well in the semifinals. Only by successfully advancing to the finals can you meet Dianne in the final match."

Nanako firmly said, "Mr. Wade, please rest assured, I will do my best to meet Dianne in the final!"

"Good," Charlie nodded in satisfaction, "Then I'll see you in the finals."

With that said, Charlie turned and returned to his BMW car, driving into his Thomson Elite villa.

Nanako looked in the direction of the car for a long time, standing still until Charlie disappeared from view. She stayed in place for about ten minutes.

At this moment, a strong admiration for Charlie emerged from the depths of her heart.

It turns out that a man like Charlie is a true master of martial arts.

In her heart, she made a comparison between the two.

Comparatively, although her master had a strong and resolute heart, his strength and character were far inferior to Charlie's.

Especially her master's arrogance and blind self-confidence before, thinking he was already a top-notch master, actively provoking Charlie. From this point of view, her master's mentality was far inferior to Charlie's.

Charlie's strength was so unimaginably strong, but before he actually took action, there was no trace of arrogance or pride.

Objectively speaking, her former master, who once uttered the words "East Asian weakling," was simply like a clown.

And what Charlie said was absolutely right. The reason her master ended up in such a situation was because he had brought it upon himself.

At this moment, her admiration and reverence for Charlie surged forth like a nuclear explosion, exerting an extremely powerful influence deep in her heart.

So much so that her mind was filled with Charlie's figure, unable to be dispelled.

Echoing in her ears was Charlie's strong and forceful reprimand, which for her, was like a profound enlightenment.

Jiro waited outside Thomson Elite for a long time before seeing the disoriented Nanako slowly approaching.

He hurriedly got out of the car and asked, "Miss Nanako, did you see Charlie?"

Nanako nodded, somewhat absentmindedly, and said softly, "Yes, I saw him."

Jiro hurriedly asked again, "Did he agree to help treat Mr. Yamamoto?"

Nanako shook her head and murmured to herself in a low voice, "I was wrong to think too much about this. I shouldn't have given up the soul of a warrior to beg Mr. Wade to save my master. A qualified warrior must have the courage to face their own fate."

"Since I want to be a qualified warrior, I must also have the courage to face the fate of others."

Chapter 1415 - "Marriage Plans and Marketing Ploys"

That night, Nanako couldn't sleep a wink.

She kept thinking about the words Charlie had said to her, and somehow, after thinking it over, she suddenly felt that she couldn't give up martial arts!

In fact, she must redouble her efforts, work harder than ever, and make Charlie see her in a new light!

Perhaps Charlie would never be willing to take her as his disciple, but she must use her actions to show him that she could become a qualified martial artist!

On the other hand, Jiro, who had been pursuing Nanako, also struggled to sleep.

He was eager to win over Nanako, but at the same time, he looked forward to the next phase of advertising for Kobayashi Gastric Powder in China.

Because Kobayashi Gastric Powder was the title sponsor of the finals, now was a great opportunity for extensive promotion.

Moreover, to Jiro's surprise, the Chinese contestant Dianne had unexpectedly become a dark horse in the competition!

For him, because he wanted to tap into the Chinese market, he really hoped that the Chinese contestant would perform well in this competition.

The better the Chinese contestant performed, the more attention the competition would receive from Chinese audiences.

It would be best if the Chinese contestant could win the championship in this competition. That would greatly increase the influence of the competition in China, and in turn, help promote Kobayashi Gastric Powder in China.

However, Jiro didn't actually want Nanako to win.

Firstly, if a Japanese contestant won the competition sponsored by a Japanese company, it might provoke some resistance from Chinese audiences.

Secondly, Jiro intended to marry Nanako after she graduated from university. If she won this competition, she would likely have to prepare for the Olympics next. If she won the next Olympics, she would probably prepare for the one after that while still at her peak.

In that case, marriage would become insignificant in Nanako's eyes.

So, if Nanako lost this competition, gave up martial arts and the Olympics, and willingly married him to become a good wife and mother, that would be the best outcome for him.

If Dianne could win and arouse the attention and pride of the entire China, then Kobayashi Gastric Powder would definitely be able to spread across China through this competition.

In that case, it would bring Kobayashi Pharmaceuticals billions of profits annually, allowing Kobayashi Pharmaceuticals to quickly recover and reach a new peak!

This was the result Jiro wanted most!

The next day.

Haidee Snow began shooting the advertisement for Mystical Gastric Remedy in a studio at a film and television base in Aurous Hill.

While shooting the advertisement, Charlie came to the film and television base to visit.

Actually, he had no intention of coming.

However, because his wife Claire really wanted to see the entire process of Haidee shooting the advertisement, she persuaded him to bring her along.

Although Haidee was somewhat displeased with Charlie bringing his wife to visit the set, overall, seeing Charlie here made her very happy.

The advertising shoot was relatively simple, and after filming for a day, the basic work of the shoot was already completed.

Chapter 1416 - "Galas and Goodbyes"

Claire couldn't stay at the film and television base for the entire duration of the shoot because of her work, so she went back to her studio halfway through, leaving Charlie and Lorden on set.

After the advertisement shoot was completed, the staff from the advertising company immediately took the footage back for post-production. Charlie and Lorden once again hosted a dinner at Shangri-La, entertaining Haidee and Lilah.

Haidee was one of the top domestic celebrities, so her schedule was still very busy. This year, she was invited to participate in the Spring Festival Gala and had a solo performance, so she had to rush back to Eastcliff for the first formal rehearsal.

The stars who could appear on the Spring Festival Gala were all top-tier celebrities in the country. Due to the high viewership of the gala, many big stars were eager to participate.

Many big stars were willing to lower their status just to appear on the gala, even if it meant playing a minor role in a skit, or even several singers coming together to perform a song.

The reason they were willing to do this was because the Spring Festival Gala was so highly sought after.

In fact, there were very few solo performances in the gala, and those who received such treatment were generally top-tier celebrities.

Back in the day, when Wang Tianhou performed her solo "Legend," it became popular overnight and made her comeback a huge success, earning her a lot of money.

This just shows the influence of the Spring Festival Gala.

As a film and television star whose main focus was acting, Haidee was able to have a solo performance on the gala, which was considered a highly prestigious treatment. Fans nationwide were also paying close attention to her performance this year.

However, Haidee herself was reluctant to leave Aurous Hill so soon.

After all, she had finally reunited with Charlie, her brother whom she had been searching for for more than ten years. Naturally, she hoped to spend a few more days with him.

But as the Spring Festival Gala was an event that the entire country paid close attention to, Haidee couldn't afford to take it lightly. So she had to decide to fly back early tomorrow morning and focus on preparing for the gala.

At the dinner table, Haidee asked Charlie again, "Brother Charlie, I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be able to stay with you. Are you sure you'll come to Eastcliff next week to see me and dad?"

"Yes." Charlie nodded, promising earnestly, "I'll definitely come next week after I finish handling my affairs."

Haidee smiled happily and said, "Then I'll wait for you in Eastcliff soon!"

Charlie smiled, "Then we'll meet in Eastcliff."

"Brother Charlie, can you come to the airport to see me off tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"That's settled then!"

Coincidentally, the International University Student Sanda Tournament would start the semi-finals tomorrow.

Dianne would compete against an Australian opponent in the match, while Nanako would face an American opponent.

If Dianne won, she would meet the winner of the other match in the final to compete for the championship.

Charlie had great confidence in Dianne. With her current strength, he believed she could definitely win the championship.

However, Charlie also hoped that Nanako could win against the American opponent tomorrow and then compete with Dianne for the championship in the final.

In fact, this competition was not fair to Nanako.

Originally, she could definitely win the championship, but Charlie used spiritual energy and divine medicine to greatly improve Dianne's physical fitness, making her undergo a transformation. Essentially, he was forcefully snatching the championship medal from Nanako.

Because he had a good impression of Nanako, he hoped she could at least win a silver medal.

After all, this Japanese girl was very passionate about martial arts and trained very hard from a young age. Even if she couldn't win the championship, she should at least win a second place.

Chapter 1417 - "Morning Mishaps and Matrimonial Mayhem"

The next day.

Haidee's flight was scheduled to depart at 8:30 in the morning.

The semifinals of the Sanda competition were set to start at 10:00 in the morning.

So, Charlie planned to first accompany Haidee to the airport and then go to the sports arena to watch Dianne's match.

Early in the morning, Charlie found his father-in-law, Jacob, and said, "Dad, do you need the car in the morning? If not, can I borrow it? I have something to do in the morning."

Jacob chuckled and said, "I have a lecture on antique art appraisal for our calligraphy and painting association this morning."

As he spoke, Jacob threw a meaningful glance at Charlie, suggesting that Charlie understood.

It must be related to the last time the elderly university and the calligraphy and painting association organized an event. His father-in-law got close to Merit, and since his mother-in-law didn't suspect anything, his father-in-law took the opportunity to increase contact with Merit.

This time, going to the elderly university to give a lecture, Charlie could guess that he was definitely going for Merit.

At this moment, Elaine happened to come downstairs. Hearing this, she sneered disdainfully, "Always hanging around with that calligraphy and painting association. What's the use?!"

Jacob said impatiently, "You don't understand! I am now the executive director of the calligraphy and painting association. Chairman Perkins even said that in the next association election, he will recommend me as the vice president. By then, I, Jacob Wilson, will be a prominent figure in the antique art world in Aurous Hill!"

Elaine coldly snorted, "Stop fooling around with those useless things. Making some money is the real deal. Before you joined the calligraphy and painting association, you used to make some profit by dealing with antiques. But ever since you joined the association, I haven't heard of you making money from dealing antiques. Are you hiding money from me?"

Jacob said irritably, "Elaine, don't forget, we are now living separately. Moreover, after you lost all the money last time, we agreed that I would be in charge of the finances in this family. So, you have no right to manage my money!"

Elaine gritted her teeth and said, "Fine, Mr. Wilson, you've really grown a spine, haven't you? Do you really think that just because we're living separately, I can't do anything to you? Believe it or not, if I don't do anything today, I won't do anything. I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association, create a scene in front of everyone, and see if you still have the face to stay in the association!"

Saying that, Elaine continued with resentment, "Going once is not enough. I'll give you a monthly subscription. I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association to make a scene twenty or thirty times a month, and I guarantee you'll be satisfied!"

Jacob was instantly frightened.

He knew Elaine's temper. If she said she would do it, she would definitely do it.

Now that he finally had a certain position in the calligraphy and painting association and had increased contact with Merit, he couldn't let Elaine go there and cause trouble.

Especially, if she set her sights on the calligraphy and painting association, then discovered that Merit had returned to China, and found out about his increased contact with Merit, she would definitely cause chaos in both the association and the elderly university!

Chapter 1418 - "Jacob's Account: More Drama than Dollars"

So, he quickly backed down and said to Elaine, "Come on, do we have to solve everything through arguing?"

Elaine said coldly, "You said it yourself, this house is under your control, I have no authority here, then how can I establish my position in this house without making a scene?"

Jacob voluntarily surrendered, saying, "I misspoke. You do have authority. Is that good enough?"

Elaine smirked, "Since you said I have authority, then I'm going to exercise my rights and power now. Jacob, tell me the truth, how much money do you have right now? Are you secretly dealing antiques behind my back and making money without telling me?"

Jacob looked miserable and said, "I don't have any money! Let me be honest with you, I really don't have any money right now. The calligraphy and painting association can't make much money either. I used to make some money by dealing antiques, but now there are no good opportunities. I recently bought some cheap calligraphy and paintings, but they all turned out to be worthless. I spent thousands of dollars on each painting, only to find out they're not even worth a hundred."

With a long sigh, Jacob lamented, "That Tim has also disappeared recently. Before, when I needed him, he always helped me sell things at a good price. Now, I can't even find him. It's like he's vanished into thin air."

Charlie found it amusing.

Tim had spent a lot of money from his father-in-law to buy some junk in order to please him. All that money was pure loss.

If this continued, even billions of dollars wouldn't be enough to satisfy his father-in-law's greed.

So naturally, he did everything he could to avoid his father-in-law.

Now that his father-in-law wanted to find him, it would be as difficult as reaching the heavens.

Elaine didn't believe his words and said coldly, "Come on, open your phone's banking app, Alipay, WeChat Wallet, and let me see your balance!"

Jacob said angrily, "Why are you checking my accounts again? When you gambled away all the family's money, I asked you to show me your balance, but you refused to. Now, why should I show you mine?"

Elaine said angrily, "Fine, you don't want to show me? Fine, I'll go to your calligraphy and painting association later and make a scene! Elaine always keeps her word!"

Jacob got scared and quickly said, "Okay, okay, I'll show you!"

After that, he opened his bank account, Alipay, and WeChat Wallet one by one and showed Elaine.

After Elaine finished looking, her face was filled with disappointment. "Jacob, how did you end up like this? With your bank account, Alipay, and WeChat combined, it's only a little over ten thousand . You, a man in his fifties, look so poor. Aren't you ashamed?"

Jacob's face turned red and then pale, angrily said, "Do you still have the nerve to say that? You gambled away all my life savings. If it weren't for that, how could I be so poor?"

Elaine's expression flashed with a hint of embarrassment, but she quickly hardened again, "It's the duty of you men to go out and make money. Since there's no money left at home, you should go out and find a way to earn some! What's the point of hanging around that useless calligraphy and painting association all day? It's not even worth a damn! You might as well find a restaurant and work as a waiter, at least you could earn two or three thousand a month!"

Jacob was furious, "Elaine, I'm the executive director of the Aurous Hill Calligraphy and Painting Association! How can you ask me, an executive director, to work as a waiter?"

"What kind of executive director? It's useless if you don't make money!" Elaine angrily roared, "Let me tell you, when my leg heals and I get my teeth fixed, I'm going out every day to hang out with friends, play cards, do facials, eat out, and sing. These all cost money. You better find a way to make money quickly, or else I'll be clinging to you every day when I have no money to go out!"

Chapter 1419 - "Breakfast Negotiations: A Truce for the Morning"

"You..."

Jacob's eyes turned red with anger.

He had no countermeasure against Elaine's shrewish behavior at all.

So, he felt like a scholar facing soldiers, unable to explain himself.

At this moment, Charlie spoke up, "Alright, alright, you two, stop quarreling early in the morning."

As soon as Elaine heard Charlie speak, she immediately softened.

In the past, if Charlie dared to intervene when she scolded Jacob, she would have definitely pointed at Charlie's nose and scolded him.

But now, things had changed. Fortunes had shifted. They were out of money, and this villa was arranged by Charlie. So, in this household, Charlie had the most say now.

In order not to be kicked out by Charlie, she could only do her best to please him and not make him angry.

Therefore, she glared fiercely at Jacob and said angrily, "If it weren't for my good son-in-law speaking up for you, I would definitely not let you off today! I'll spare you this once for the sake of my good son-in-law!"

With that, she smiled at Charlie and asked, "Good son-in-law, do you want Mom to cook breakfast for you this morning?"

Charlie asked in surprise, "You can cook?"

Elaine hurriedly said, "Look at what you're saying. Before you entered our family, I was the one cooking all the time. How about this, I'll make you my specialty tomato and ground meat noodles. I'll go pick fresh tomatoes from our garden later!"

Ever since Charlie arranged for a vegetable garden at home last time, the entire garden was enclosed with double-layered glass and turned into a greenhouse.

He even installed heating equipment inside, so even in winter, the garden was as warm as spring.

This effect was much better than a real vegetable greenhouse, and many fruits and vegetables grew exceptionally well.

Charlie had been married to Claire for almost four years, and he had never eaten a meal cooked by his mother-in-law.

Seeing his mother-in-law volunteering to cook tomato and ground meat noodles, he felt relieved and nodded, "Since Mom wants to cook, I won't interfere. But I have something to do this morning, and if it takes too long, I might not make it in time."

Elaine chuckled, "You don't need to worry about anything. Mom will go make it now, and it'll be ready in twenty minutes!"

With that, she immediately trotted out to the garden to pick tomatoes.

After picking the tomatoes, Elaine hurriedly went into the kitchen to start cooking.

Claire finished washing up and came downstairs to find her mother cooking in the kitchen, surprised and dumbfounded.

For several years, she hadn't seen her mother cooking again. Today was indeed the first time since she married Charlie.

Chapter 1420 - "Beauty and Tears: Elaine's Quest for Youth"

So, she asked Charlie softly, "What's wrong with Mom? Why is she cooking in the kitchen?"

Charlie smiled and replied, "Mom said she wanted me to taste her cooking. She's making tomato and ground meat noodles."

Claire sighed, "Oh my, my mom actually volunteered to cook. This is like the sun rising from the west. It seems like she's had a change of heart."

At this moment, Charlie wasn't thinking about the phrase "change of heart", but rather the ancient saying, "When there's no need, offering excessive kindness often hides ulterior motives."

So he speculated that his mother-in-law, Elaine, must have something to ask of him. Otherwise, with her personality, she would never voluntarily cook.

Sure enough, when they sat down at the dinner table, Elaine served noodles to Charlie herself, smiling as she said to him, "Good son-in-law, there's something I want to ask you. I wonder if you could agree?"

Charlie said, "Mom, just tell me. As long as it's within my capabilities and reasonable, I won't refuse."

Elaine immediately smiled warmly and said, "A good son-in-law indeed. Recently, I've noticed that I seem to have aged quite a bit. Not only have wrinkles appeared on my face, but the crow's feet at the corners of my eyes are also becoming more prominent. It's really true that time waits for no one!"

After saying this, she looked at Charlie with a smile, "Recently, I heard that there's a kind of high-end skincare product made from premium caviar abroad. It's said to be very effective in anti-aging, and many famous celebrities use it to fight against aging. I want to ask you to buy me a set."

Claire couldn't help but exclaim, "Mom! The skincare product you're talking about costs tens of thousands for a set! What kind of condition does our family have that you're asking Charlie to buy such an expensive skincare product for you? Didn't I buy you several sets of Estee Lauder skincare products worth thousands before? Isn't that enough?"

Elaine blurted out, "Forget about your Estee Lauder. I suspect it's because of using it that I got these wrinkles."

Claire was frustrated, "Mom! Estee Lauder is already good enough. Even I don't want to use it myself! Look at what I use in our bathroom. They're all domestic brands and ordinary imported brands. I don't even want to use big brands like Estee Lauder."

Elaine huffed, "You're still young! It's fine for young people even if they don't use anything. But I'm old! If I don't take care of myself, I'll become an old hag in the future! Look at your dad now. He's already starting to dislike me, living separately from me, and even talking about divorce. If I don't pay more attention, if your dad abandons me in the future, who else will want me?!"

Claire couldn't find words to respond.

She was angry but felt there was nothing to say to her mother. She couldn't reason with her. So she turned to Charlie and said, "Don't listen to my mom. Please don't buy it for her!"

Elaine suddenly burst into tears, feeling wronged, "Your dad treats me badly, and your grandma and them treat me even worse. But I never expected that even my own daughter wouldn't treat me well!"

Claire blurted out, "Mom, how can you say that? Not buying you skincare products that cost tens of thousands per set means I don't treat you well? Where's the logic in that?!"

Elaine cried, "I don't care! I just want to look younger and not age so quickly. I'm already so miserable. I really can't bear to watch myself become more and more like an old hag!"

At this moment, Charlie patted Claire's hand lightly and said calmly, "Alright, wife, don't be angry. Mom does have a point. Everyone wants to look beautiful. Mom definitely has this need."

Elaine nodded repeatedly and flattered, "My son-in-law is the best! He understands me the most!"

Charlie continued, "Coincidentally, I have a friend who's in the business of importing skincare products. I'll ask him about it. He also wants me to help him check the feng shui for his new store. So, I'll have him give me two sets of skincare products as payment for checking the feng shui."

Elaine, upon hearing this, was ecstatic, "Really? Oh, my good son-in-law, you're truly the best son-in-law ever! Mom never expected that after experiencing the ups and downs of life, she would finally realize that her son-in-law is the most reliable. The others, such as mother-in-law, brothers-in-law, husband, and even daughters, may fail you when it's crucial!"
woman and money