The Dragon Man's Decree - Translated by GILY

Author: Unknown
Type: Action and Adventure
Posted : 07 October 2023

Synopsis
John White is furious that someone has tried to make an advance on his girlfriend. In the end, he ends up behind bars after his attempt to protect her. Three years later, he is a free man but finds out that that girlfriend of his has married the man who hit on her back then. John will not let things slide. Thankfully, he has learned Focus Technique during his time in prison. At that, he embarks on the journey of cultivation and is accompanied by a gorgeous Miranda. Who would have thought this would enrage his ex-girlfriend?
20151117173447-prision-jail-man-inmate-under-arrest.jpeg

Chapter 4069 Deactivate The Arcane Array

Gael narrowed his eyes slightly, his gaze firmly fixed on Garry.

“Mr. Cunningham, deactivate the arcane array and release John. If it really comes down to a fight, I won’t hesitate to battle to the death. By then, Violet Flame Sect will be destroyed, and no one can dream of becoming its leader.” Joy was solely focused on saving John, even if she had to bring down Violet Flame Sect.

“Indeed! Even if Violet Flame Sect is destroyed, we will not compromise!” Judd also exclaimed loudly.

Gael’s disciples were all roused, shouting with their arms raised high. None of them feared death. They were all ready to battle against Garry, even if it meant risking their lives.

They either free John, or they’d all go down together in a blaze of glory.

Garry didn’t expect Gael’s disciples to be incredibly resilient. For a moment, he was overwhelmed with frustration, yet there was nothing he could do about it.

If a battle to the death occurred, there was a chance that Violet Flame Sect might vanish into the annals of history.

Philip was also moved, so he decided to close the arcane array.

However, John spoke up. “If I wanted to flee, this arcane array could hardly stop me. Even if the arcane array is shut down, I won’t run away. I don’t want to involve others. You all can rest easy. If I want Bobby dead, he wouldn’t stand a chance. Even if he and his father teamed up, I still wouldn’t be threatened.”

John stopped Philip from closing the arcane array.

The arcane array couldn’t stop John, but without it, relying solely on the light curtain shield would likely be insufficient to withstand the terrifying aftershocks. If that happened, it would spell trouble for the other disciples of Violet Flame Sect.

For a moment, Philip was at a loss for what to do. His only option was to look toward Gael for guidance.

Gael stared at John, noticing that there was not a trace of panic in the latter’s eyes. Instead, John seemed somewhat amused. Seeing that, Gael waved his hand, signaling Philip to step back.

He chose to trust John. Perhaps John might have some secrets we don’t know about, considering the plentiful of surprises he had presented until now.

When Garry saw John was still showing off, a hint of disdain appeared at the corner of his mouth. Once Bobby reaches Ultimate Realm, and He use my Divine Flame Seal, no matter how formidable John is, he can’t escape death!

As Garry was quietly waiting for Bobby’s lightning tribulation, a voice filled with unparalleled fury echoed through. “

You punk! How dare you make a fool out of me! I’m going to make your life a living hell!”

Following that, the light from the arcane array set up around John and Bobby began to flicker abruptly.

When people turned to the origin of the voice, they saw it was Carlos.

He was ensnared in John’s illusion, witnessing his father and his wife cuckolding him. For a moment, he was driven to the brink of madness by anger.

After the duel between John and Bobby, no one paid attention to Carlos. As such, Carlos slowly regained his senses from the illusion.

When he realized he’d been made a fool of in front of so many onlookers, he felt like his lungs were about to explode with fury.

Carlos waved his hands. Surprisingly, the arcane array set up by Philip began to shimmer with light. Following that, the intricate patterns within the array started to morph continuously.

The intricate array runes turned bloody red. Chains of crimson, like shackles, firmly locked the arcane array in place.

With that, no one could hope to escape from that arcane array.

In the void, the red chains kept rising, enveloping the vast expanse of tribulation clouds.

Upon seeing the situation, Gael immediately shouted, “Mr. Cunningham, stop him!”

John was already in a precarious situation dealing with Bobby. With Carlos stepping into the picture, he was certainly no match for the two of them. At least, that was what Gael believed.

Others had little understanding of arcane arrays, so they could only rely on Philip to stop Carlos from utilizing the arcane array.

Upon witnessing the array arcane array executed by Carlos, Philip was immediately taken aback, his eyes wide open in shock on the spot.

Chapter 4070 Blood Cage

“Blood Cage?” Philip was shocked and didn’t dare to move at all. Then, he turned to Gael, shaking his head, and said, “I… I simply can’t stop this arcane array.”

Upon hearing that, Gael was immediately filled with anxiety.

Joy and the others were also incredibly anxious, but it was no use. They simply couldn’t offer any help.

Swiftly, John and Bobby found themselves trapped within that cage. Crimson chains connected the sky and earth, preventing John from escaping.

Upon seeing the situation, Bobby burst into uncontrollable laughter. “There’s nowhere left for you to run! Just wait for my lightning tribulation.”

Bobby looked at John, his eyes brimming with triumph.

John merely glanced at Carlos’s arcane array, his words dripping with disdain. “This is a child’s play. To think you believe it can trap me. What a joke. If I truly want to leave, no one can stop me.”

After John finished speaking, he simply sat down cross-legged, showing absolutely no intention of wanting to escape.

Upon seeing John actually sit down, everyone was utterly dumbfounded.

“What’s John up to? Why is he sitting down?” Joy asked in confusion.

“He seems too chill, even though he’s facing two opponents.” Judd was also clueless as to what John was up to.

Gael furrowed his brows slightly. His gaze fixated intently on John.

At that point, the tribulation cloud had fully formed. The lightning tribulation was ready to strike at any moment.

Yet there John was, sitting cross-legged on the ground, with no intention whatsoever to resist the lightning tribulation that was about to descend upon him.

Bobby, however, had long been prepared for the lightning tribulation’s arrival. Concurrently, waves of energy were continuously surging around John.

Upon witnessing John’s ever-rising aura, Dario spoke. “Could it be that he’s also achieving a breakthrough?”

At that moment, Gael recalled what John said about facing his own lightning tribulation.

However, Bobby was a Top Level Tribulator cultivator, so that was the lightning tribulation of reaching Ultimate realm. As long as he could survive that lightning tribulation, he would ascend to Ultimate Realm.

Meanwhile, John was merely a Fourth Level Tribulator cultivator. Even if he did attract a lightning tribulation of his own, he would only advance to Fifth Level Tribulator.

The disparity between those two lightning tribulations was all too evident. It was simply too naïve of John if he was considering relying on a breakthrough to resolve his precarious situation. That was what others believed, at least.

Upon seeing that John was also about to make a breakthrough, Bobby couldn’t help but burst into laughter. John will already struggle to survive my lightning tribulation, yet he still chooses to achieve a breakthrough now. He must be foolish to think he can survive not one but two lightning tribulations at the same time! Could it be that he intended to perish together with me? How stupid. I doubt a Fifth Level Tribulator lightning tribulation can harm me much.

What John was doing at that moment was utterly reckless. In reality, John could have completely escaped the range of the lightning tribulation.

Bobby was in the midst of his lightning tribulation, so it was impossible for him to move around freely, let alone pursue anyone.

John had the chance to escape, yet he didn’t flee and chose to achieve his breakthrough then and there.

“Doesn’t he know a person is most vulnerable during a breakthrough? He’s going to die enduring two lightning tribulations at the same time!” Joy was extremely worried.

“Joy, no need to be too worried. If John made this decision himself, it shows that he knew what he was doing. Perhaps he still has hidden powers that we haven’t seen yet. Don’t worry,” Gael comforted.

Joy nodded, realizing that all she could do was wait.

Carlos had effectively trapped John within the formation, making it impossible for anyone to enter and equally impossible for John to escape.

Soon, the sky, which was initially filled with Bobby’s lightning tribulation cloud, surprisingly began to shrink back.

Then, another lightning tribulation cloud somehow appeared, hanging ominously in the sky. Bolts of golden lightning were constantly flickering within the lightning tribulation clouds.

Although John was only breaking through the Fourth Level Tribulator cultivation level, his lightning tribulation clouds were by no means less formidable than those of Bobby’s.

Chapter 4071 A Breakthrough

The two lightning tribulation clouds were evenly matched, but based on the lightning flashing in the clouds, John’s seemed more intense.

While everyone was slightly taken aback, wondering how John, a Fourth Level Tribulator cultivator, could attract such a formidable lightning tribulation cloud, a bolt of lightning suddenly came crashing down.

John’s and Bobby’s lightning tribulation struck at the same time.

Both of them put away their thoughts and focused solely on surviving the lightning tribulation.

Bobby had the Divine Flame Seal, which could assist him in withstanding a portion of the lightning tribulation’s power.

After all, Bobby’s opportunity for a breakthrough was because of the Divine Flame Seal.

Meanwhile, a series of massive golden lightning bolts continuously struck John. Lightning continued to flicker around John, yet it seemed as though he made no effort to resist the lightning tribulation.

After a while, the lightning tribulation gradually faded away.

Upon seeing the situation, Judd exclaimed in surprise. “What is John doing? Why isn’t he resisting the lightning tribulation? Is he planning to withstand it with just his physical body? He might be wiped out like this!”

What they didn’t know was that John had already gained lightning nascence, and his physical body had reached an incredibly formidable level.

Each successive bolt of lightning that struck John only served to temper his physical body further.

A portion of the lightning would also be absorbed by John into his own nascence star.

That was precisely why John was utterly unafraid of the lightning tribulation.

Bobby was engulfed in flaming energy while the internal flame within the Divine Flame Seal was continually spreading, dissipating the lightning bolts. He was resisting the lightning tribulation, an experience entirely different from John’s.

At that moment, Bobby’s clothes were moved by an invisible wind. Enveloped in the flame aura, he appeared like a human torch.

Bobby’s body was suspended mid-air, ceaselessly bracing himself against the lightning tribulation like a god of war.

In contrast, John was seated cross-legged on the ground, constantly under the assault of lightning bolts. His clothes were torn to shreds by the relentless strikes, leaving him looking ragged.

It seemed like John was incomparable to Bobby on the surface.

However, no one knew that Bobby was resisting the lightning tribulation while John was harnessing it.

The two individuals were simply not on the same level, and Bobby was actually the one incomparable to John.

Seeing how disheveled John appeared, Bobby was delighted.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt went straight to John, as guided by Bobby.

Bobby once again unleashed his lightning tribulation attack on John.

He thought there was no way John could withstand the lightning tribulation of Ultimate Realm. When John saw that, he was overjoyed because he could absorb it.

Additionally, the lightning power within each of those bolts was simply inexhaustible.

Boom!

John, with his eyes slightly closed, remained still as lightning tribulation struck down on him.

No one knew whether John was dead or alive. However, under such intense lightning tribulation, they thought his chances of survival were not particularly high.

After an indeterminable amount of time had passed, the lightning tribulation clouds looming over Bobby’s head gradually dissipated.

In the sky, a divine beam of light cascaded down, bathing Bobby entirely in its radiant glow.

“He’s made a breakthrough! My son has made a breakthrough!” Upon seeing that divine beam of light, Garry knew that Bobby had successfully passed the lightning tribulation and laughed.

That was the sight of one ascending to the cultivation level of Ultimate Realm.

A golden divine heart, about the size of a palm, kept flashing on Bobby’s chest.

That was the most evident sign of someone successfully advancing to Ultimate Realm. Bobby had attained the divine heart, thus setting him apart from the ordinary cultivators.

The realms beyond Tribulator could be considered as ascending the stairway to the celestial realm.

The cultivation level after Ultimate Realm was Immortal Realm. At that point, those cultivators would be considered immortals, simply waiting to ascend to the celestial realm.

Crossing the Tribulator cultivation level was a hurdle. Many cultivators found themselves stuck there, struggling to break through to Ultimate Realm.

Chapter 4072 Divine Light

Those who relied on their own cultivation and comprehension to ascend to Ultimate Realm were especially scarce as hen’s teeth.

During those times, many individuals relied on magical items as an opportunity to invoke the lightning tribulation and achieve the breakthrough.

However, cultivators who reached Ultimate Realm by relying on magical items were slightly inferior. Whether it was in terms of their grasp on cultivation techniques or in their cultivation, they couldn’t quite measure up to those who reached the Ultimate Realm through their own enlightenment.

Upon witnessing Bobby’s breakthrough into the Ultimate Realm, the people of Gael’s faction grimaced.

They believed the disparity in strength between Bobby and John had become even more pronounced since the former had achieved a breakthrough.

Meanwhile, John was still under the onslaught of the lightning tribulation. Despite having endured countless strikes, he remained motionless, his body exuding a distinct scent of charring.

Bobby looked down at John, sneering, “I was going to kill you myself, but it seems like that won’t be necessary now.”

Garry smirked smugly.

After all, his son had reached Ultimate Realm, he became the leader of Violet Flame Sect, and the Divine Flame Seal was still in his possession.

Most importantly, he believed the hundred-year offering from Demon Seal Alliance was about to be his, as he assumed John was dead.

Everyone thought John a joke, but no one had imagined that he, a cultivator breaking through to reach Fifth Level Tribulator, would face a lightning tribulation far more formidable than the one Bobby endured.

Bobby’s lightning tribulation had already subsided, yet John’s was still raging on. What that signified was clear as day.

Seventy-eight, seventy-nine… Gael remained silent as he counted.

“Dad, what are you counting?” Joy asked.

“John’s lightning tribulation, which is now sitting at eighty-one. It’s more and fiercer than the lightning tribulation of Ultimate Realm,” Gael said nonchalantly.

After enduring eighty-one lightning tribulations, the clouds above John’s head also dissipated.

A radiant golden light filled the sky, instantly illuminating the entire area, covering hundreds of meters.

Feeling the radiance of the golden light, Bobby was taken aback. “This…”

After all, that divine light was far more intense than when he made his breakthrough.

The others were also taken aback as they experienced that blinding, golden light.

John, who was sitting cross-legged, had risen. His body was suspended in mid-air, basking in a golden glow.

At that moment, his somewhat charred skin was radiating a golden glow.

However, he still appeared rather disheveled due to his torn clothes.

When Joy and Carla saw that, they blushed because they were women.

“Judd, can I borrow a piece of clothing to cover myself up?” John turned to Judd.

Judd removed his long robe and turned to John. “I can, but with this arcane array barrier in place, how am I supposed to give it to you?”

John glanced at the crimson chains that reached the clouds with disdain. Swiftly, he grabbed and tugged it gently, immediately causing Blood Cage to shudder.

In just a fleeting moment, the arcane array was broken, and those crimson chains shattered and vanished one after another.

John didn’t break the arcane array by destroying the core. Rather, he shattered it with sheer brute strength.

Breaking an arcane array with that method was vastly more difficult, yet John achieved it effortlessly.

Everyone was baffled. John had merely advanced a minor cultivation level, yet it appeared as though his strength had significantly increased.

His aura, especially, was breathtaking and was even more impressive than when Bobby ascended to Ultimate Realm.

Carlos watched, aghast, as the arcane array he had painstakingly crafted crumbled under the casual wave of John’s hand. For a moment, fear struck him so profoundly that his legs gave out, and he wetted his pants.

“John, you’re awesome! Here’s the clothes,” Judd exclaimed excitedly, tossing his clothes to John.

Chapter 4073 Retreat Quickly!

John wrapped himself in the clothes, casting a cold gaze at Bobby. Gael’s face was alight with excitement as he laughed. “This young man truly is extraordinarily gifted. He has only reached Fifth Level Tribulator, yet his aura seems no less powerful than that of Bobby. No wonder he refused to run away. Now that the arcane array has already been easily broken, if he wants to leave, who could possibly stop him?”

“Indeed, he’s quite impressive,” Joy said, her eyes filled with tenderness as she looked at John.

“Joy, such a wonderful man is hard to come by in Ethereal Realm. You must hold onto him,” said Gael.

“Dad, in truth, I’ve already given myself to him.” Joy’s cheeks flushed.

“What?” Gael was taken aback, studying Joy closely. “Don’t tell me you’ve already shared a bed with that John?”

“I haven’t yet, but he’s seen all there is to see about me. There’s no way I can look for another man now.” Joy felt a surprising thrill when she recalled the moment John saw her naked.

“It seems like destiny brought you two together. Now that you’ve found such a good man, I can rest easy.” Gael laughed.

At that time, John had no idea Gael and Joy had already decided on his marriage partner.

“Do you have any tricks left up your sleeve? If not, I’m afraid I can’t entertain you any longer,” John sneered at Bobby.

Bobby scowled grimly.

Initially, he thought becoming an Ultimate Realm cultivator meant dealing with John would be easy.

However, even though John was only a Fifth Level Tribulator cultivator, his lightning tribulation and the divine light he received later were more powerful than Bobby’s.

The confidence Bobby once exuded was nowhere to be seen.

However, he wouldn’t give up easily. After all, with such a significant difference in their cultivation levels, if Bobby admitted defeat, he might as well never show his face in Ethereal Realm again.

“I have many tricks left!” Bobby unleashed a dark aura, the intensity of which was significantly more potent than when he achieved a breakthrough.

A major cultivation level breakthrough would lead to an exponential increase in strength.

A dark aura coalesced into a sharp, long sword, which Bobby used to strike John with all his power.

“Die!” Bobby roared furiously and ferociously.

If he, an Ultimate Realm cultivator, was bullied by a Fifth Level Tribulator cultivator in front of a crowd, he’d be humiliated.

The long black sword cleaved through the void as his Ultimate Realm cultivation level exploded.

With the absence of the arcane array’s obstruction, that terrifying strike filled the entire sky above Violet Flame Sect with overwhelming pressure.

Many of the less powerful disciples from Violet Flame Sect found it unbearable and scattered, seeking refuge in the distance.

Gael and Garry acted in unison, creating a protective shield to withstand the terrifying pressure.

Joy was worried as she witnessed Bobby’s attack. “Father, John…”

“Don’t worry, John will be fine,” Gael assured, already certain of the outcome.

When the terrifying blade reached John, he sneered.

In the blink of an eye, a flash of white light appeared. No one saw how John made his move.

However, the long blade, forged from the dense black mist, vanished in an instant.

“You…” Bobby was utterly astounded upon seeing how effortlessly John had repelled his strike.

At that moment, Bobby’s expression changed as he experienced a grave sense of danger.

That was his most powerful attack, yet John crushed it with ease. At the same time, Garry also noticed the problem and hurriedly exclaimed, “Bobby, retreat quickly!”

Bobby obeyed his father, and with no arcane array to hinder him, he flew into the distance.

However, John was quicker, and with a stroke of his Dragonslayer Sword, he landed an attack on Bobby.

Chapter 4074 Breathtaking Flame Aura

The blow went straight through Bobby, severing one of his arms in the process. Stumbling, Bobby fell from mid-air.

In the moment Bobby fell, John seized the opportunity and struck again. There was another flash of white light, and one of Bobby’s legs was detached from his body.

When Bobby dropped to the ground, he was unable to stand and could only sit. Following that, John marched toward the pathetic Bobby.

“Bobby!” Garry roared, wanting to attack, but Gael was quicker and blocked the former’s path.

Everyone else just stood there, staring blankly. By that point, everyone was simply observing.

“John, don’t think that I’ve lost. I still have the Divine Flame Seal. I’ll make sure you meet your end!” Bobby roared in anger, continuously channeling his internal flame into the Divine Flame Seal.

The Divine Flame Seal erupted with a breathtaking flame aura that enveloped the entire Violet Flame Sect.

Even Gael, Garry, and the others found it hard to bear.

The area was promptly engulfed in flames. The intensity of the flame aura was even more ferocious than that of Divine Flame Mountain.

“Bobby, what are you doing? Stop it right now!” Garry cried out in shock and dismay.

He wasn’t worried about Bobby but rather the Divine Flame Seal.

After all, Bobby seemed intent on detonating the Divine Flame Seal, prepared to take everyone down with him.

Gael was utterly astounded at that moment. He hadn’t anticipated that Bobby would go to such extreme lengths, willing to drag the entire Violet Flame Clan down with him.

“Retreat! Everyone, retreat!” Gael was the first to leap up, shouting loudly.

Everyone hurriedly fled toward the distance, evading the terrifying flame aura.

Joy gazed at John, unwilling to leave. She yelled out to him. “John, run away quickly! Bobby is about to detonate the Divine Flame Seal! He’s planning to perish with everyone!”

Yet, it was as if John hadn’t heard a thing as he remained still.

“Joy, we must leave now. There’s no time to waste.” Judd, gripping Joy’s hand tightly, frantically fled.

Everyone had fled from Violet Flame Sect, standing at a distance and silently observing. The entire Violet Flame Sect was enveloped in flame aura.

John stared at the frenzied Bobby, his countenance terrifyingly calm.

Upon seeing that John neither fled nor showed fear, Bobby asked in puzzlement. “Aren’t you afraid of dying?”

“Why should I when I won’t die?” John smiled.

“I know you possess the True Fire Spiritual body and so isn’t afraid of internal flames. However, once this Divine Flame Seal is detonated, you’ll still be dead, regardless of what spiritual body you have. When the time comes, the entire Violet Flame Sect will cease to exist, and we will all turn into dust,” Bobby said fiercely.

“It won’t happen, because the Divine Flame Seal can’t explode!” John exclaimed.

“Why?” Bobby was taken aback.

“Because your Divine Flame Seal is nothing but an empty shell. The true seal soul of the Divine Flame Seal is with me.” After John finished speaking, he gently opened his palm.

The seal soul was pulsating in the center of his hand.

“Seal soul? How come I’ve never heard of it before?” Bobby was dumbfounded.

“There’s a lot you’ve never heard about. Do l need to tell you everything?” After John finished speaking, the soul imprint in his palm leaped straight into mid-air.

A strange suction force directly sucked Bobby’s Divine Flame Seal.

Following that, the seal soul started to merge with the Divine Flame Seal!

Seeing the situation, Bobby desperately wanted to intervene. However, he discovered that his connection with the Divine Flame Seal had vanished.

At that moment, Bobby panicked because he realized that what John said was actually true.

As the Divine Flame Seal started to merge with the seal soul, John began to control it. With a wave of John’s hand, the Divine Flame Seal returned to his grasp.

At the same time, the terrifying aura that enveloped Violet Flame Sect vanished instantly as if nothing had ever happened.

Chapter 4075 Please Spare My Life

Watching the sudden extinguishing of the flame aura, everyone was left dumbfounded, having no clue what had just happened.

Once everyone had gathered around, they discovered, inexplicably, that the Divine Flame Seal had somehow ended up in John’s hands.

One must understand that becoming the chosen one for the Divine Flame Seal was no easy task, and not everyone was capable of being acknowledged by it.

Now that the Divine Flame Seal was in John’s hands, it meant that the seal had already acknowledged John as its master.

How could it be possible that in such a short span of time, the Divine Flame Seal moved from Bobby’s hands to John’s?

No one knew exactly what had happened.

One by one, they all looked at John in disbelief. Garry was utterly astonished, exclaiming, “Bobby, what’s going on? How did the Divine Flame Seal end up in his hands?”

Bobby remained silent, his mind was already in a daze. At that moment, his eyes were filled with fear.

Once a person’s heart succumbed to fear, they were utterly doomed.

“John, I’ve lost, I’ve lost. Please spare my life…”

Astoundingly, Bobby was actually pleading for mercy with John.

Bobby’s sudden plea for mercy left everyone utterly bewildered, unable to comprehend what he had just experienced.

Even Garry himself hadn’t expected that his own son would actually plead for mercy.

“Spare your life?”

A playful smirk played on John’s face as the Divine Flame Seal in his hand suddenly burst forth with a surge of flame aura.

Boom!

Suddenly, Bobby was engulfed in flames, his screams of agony echoing from his lips. In just a fleeting moment, Bobby was completely reduced to ashes.

Garry didn’t even have time to come to the rescue.

The scene was utterly silent.

Bobby, who was in the Ultimate Realm, was inconceivably begged for mercy by John, a Fifth Level Tribulator. In the end, he was even burned alive.

If someone had told them in the past that a Fifth Level Tribulator could defeat an Ultimate Realm cultivator, they would have never believed it. They would’ve even berated the person for suggesting such nonsense.

However, now, they all believed it, because they had seen it with their own eyes.

Garry stared at Bobby, who had turned into ashes. His face froze, his body subtly trembling.

Everyone else was left with their mouths agape, utterly astonished.

“My son, my dear son…”

Garry roared in fury.

With a deep rumble…

The sky started to steadily fill with clusters of red clouds.

Accompanied by a terrifying burst of fire and thunder, it suddenly descended, heading straight for John.

“John, be careful…”

Seeing the situation, Gael leapt into action.

He had been wary of Garry for a long time. He knew this man, upon seeing his own son’s death, would undoubtedly rise in fury!

Gael hovered over John, emanating waves of energy from within, forming a formidable defensive shield.

Garry was indeed a master of Ultimate Realm, far surpassing the likes of Bobby who had only recently advanced to the same level.

If he took a swing at John, there was no way John could have held his own.

Moreover, John had just been through a major battle and hadn’t had any time to rest.

Gael gritted his teeth, standing firm against the terrifying onslaught of the flame lightning.

Although Gael’s strength was not inferior to that of Garry, it was a pity that Gael’s consciousness had been damaged and had not fully recovered. Therefore, he wasn’t able to unleash his full potential.

John lifted his gaze to Gael who was desperately defending him. His heart was deeply stirred.

“Mr. Orlando, you don’t need to shield me,” he said. “Even if I stand still, Garry wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on me.”

After John finished speaking, the Divine Flame Seal in his hand instantly erupted with sky- piericing flames.

The flame lightning was immediately shattered by this fiery strike-they weren’t even on the same level.

Both Gael and Garry stared at John in utter shock. It was important to know they had all used the Divine Flame Seal before. They were well aware of the immense power of the flames it could unleash.

However, the sky-piericing flames that had just erupted should not have been something the Divine Flame Seal could produce.

Chapter 4076 An Empty Shell

“How could this be? How could the Divine Flame Seal in your hand hold such power?”

Garry wore an expression of complete disbelief. Gael also wore a shocked expression as he looked at John and asked, “John, what’s going on? Is this the explosion of the Divine Flame Seal?”

“Mr. Orlando, what you once revered as the sect’s most precious treasure, the Divine Flame Seal, was actually nothing more than an empty shell. The Divine Flame Seal contained a seal soul. When the seal soul was lost, the power of the Divine Flame Seal significantly diminished. I stumbled upon the seal soul in that lava river, which is why I could easily master this Divine Flame Seal. It even allowed me to unleash flames far more fierce than before!” John explained to Gael.

However, John did not mention anything about Hubert.

“Seal soul? I never thought the Divine Flame Seal would possess such a thing. Even without the seal soul, this Divine Flame Seal could be considered a divine artifact. Now that it has a seal soul, its power must have reached a terrifying extreme!” Gael exclaimed in shock.

Upon hearing John’s words, Garry’s face was filled with shock. The Divine Flame Seal he had worked so hard to obtain was nothing but an empty shell.

No wonder at the time when Bobby was holding the Divine Flame Seal, John didn’t seem scared at all. In fact, he appeared to have everything under control!

It turned out that John had already obtained the seal soul, knowing full well that the Divine Flame Seal was nothing more than an empty shell.

At that moment, Garry was intent on avenging his son, but when faced with John and Gael, he knew there was no chance of victory.

Garry’s brows furrowed tightly, he remained silent, unsure of what to do next.

If one were to push oneself to the limit, the inevitable outcome would undoubtedly be death.

However, if he were to leave, the Violet Flame Sect would no longer be a place he could call home. Moreover, it was uncertain how many of his disciples would choose to follow him.

After all, the people in the Ethereal Realm were primarily driven by their own interests. If Garry was not the sect leader and had left the Violet Flame Sect without any benefits to offer, who would still follow him? As Garry found himself wavering, uncertain of what to do next, a sudden roar echoed from the horizon.

Boom!

A streak of dark light shot up into the sky, instantly drawing everyone’s attention.

Amidst the dark radiance, an elderly man clad in a long black robe gradually emerged from the void.

“He killed our elder from the Ghost Mask Sect, and also murdered Bobby. Is he under the impression that the Ghost Mask Sect is without defenders?”

The person who arrived was none other than Tim Wheeler, the sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect.

Upon seeing the unexpected arrival of the Ghost Mask Sect leader, Gael’s expression turned extremely unsightly, even the other disciples of the Violet Flame Sect were filled with immense tension.

The excitement was evident on Garry’s face. If the sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect were to step in and eliminate John and Gael, the Violet Flame Sect would still be his.

“John, seize this chance to escape with the others,” he warned. “This man is the sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect, known as Tim Wheeler, a Ultimate Realm Level Three expert.”

“I haven’t seen this guy for decades. I heard he’s been in seclusion all this time. I never thought he’d actually come out.”

Gael, with a troubled expression, spoke to John.

He intended for John to escape with the disciples of the Violet Flame Sect, while he devised a plan to hold back Tim.

Gael knew he was certainly no match. Death was inevitable. However, if he could save so many from the Violet Flame Sect, it would all be worth it.

“Mr. Orlando, it’s merely an illusory shadow, there’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s not like their real selves are here. We don’t need to run!”

John cast a glance at Tim, speaking in a nonchalant tone.

Tim merely appeared as an illusory shadow, utterly incapable of manifesting his true strength.

“Brat,” he declared, “even if I were merely an illusory shadow, I would still have more than enough power to kill you!”

Upon hearing John’s words, Tim raised his hand and swung toward John. The sudden eruption of the Ultimate Realm’s aura caused a drastic change in the expressions of many cultivators.

Seeing the situation, Gael wanted to rise up and resist, but he was held back by John.

Chapter 4077 Sacred Light Fist

“Just leave it to me…”

With a nonchalant smile, John’s spiritual energy exploded all at once, and then, he clenched his fist tightly.

The fist shimmered with a golden light, reminiscent of a blinding sun.

“Sacred Light Fist…”

With a single punch thrown, a massive fist shadow was headed straight toward Tim.

With a single punch, John had astonishingly shattered Tim’ palm strike.

Tim was slightly taken aback. Only after their true engagement did he realize that John, a Fifth Level Tribulator, was not as he appeared in terms of strength.

“Brat, with your Tribulator Realm, you managed to slay Mr. Castro and that Bobby. You certainly do have some real skills. However, the ones you’ve killed were all members of my Ghost Mask Sect. Therefore, you owe me an explanation…”

After Tim finished speaking, a hum echoed through the sky. Following this, a void materialized from thin air, rapidly forming into a massive ghost mask.

The ghost mask was as large as a small mountain, constantly contorting. The pair of eyes on the ghost mask seemed to be alive, ceaselessly staring at John as if trying to see right through him.

Under the scrutiny of these eyes, everyone else lowered their heads, as if they had been completely seen through, with no secrets left to tell.

An invisible pressure was constantly emanating from that ghost mask.

Every cultivator felt as though they were being crushed under the weight of mountains and rivers, making it incredibly difficult for them to even breathe.

Some of the less powerful cultivators had already started to falter, collapsing to the ground one after another.

Even Dario and the others were visibly distressed, struggling to hold on. The appearance of this ghost mask cast a pall of intimidation over the entire Violet Flame Sect.

That formidable, domineering, and terrifying aura made everyone dare not make the slightest move.

The expression on Gael’s face was also incredibly unpleasant.

Everyone’s eyes were filled with terror, and not a single person dared to look directly at that ghost mask.

Only John was there, looking up, his eyes devoid of even a trace of fear.

“Brat, you’ve got quite the backbone…”

After Tim had spoken, an overwhelming pressure surged directly toward John.

The vast expanse of houses and ground around them couldn’t withstand such pressure, and they all succumbed one after another.

John stood upright, not a hint of slouch in his posture, and he didn’t even flinch or avert his gaze.

At the same time, the Divine Flame Seal in John’s hand was exuding bursts of flame aura, resisting this oppressive force.

John had the Divine Flame Seal in his hand, which was why he remained so composed.

In reality, John had another trump card-the Vermilion Demon Lord.

If it truly came to a matter of life and death, he was prepared to throw caution to the wind, even if it meant allowing the Vermilion Demon Lord to take control of his body again.

Now, John possessed the Divine Flame Seal, along with the soul remnant of the Vermilion Demon Lord, which enabled him to appear in this world under the protection of the Divine Flame Seal.

There was no need for it to remain hidden within John’s consciousness field anymore, but it could only manifest within the flame aura of the Divine Flame Seal’s flames.

Otherwise, the soul remnant of Vermilion Demon Lord exposed to this world would likely be reduced to nothingness.

Within the confines of a sealed space, or within the consciousness field, the lingering soul remnant of the Vermilion Demon Lord could roam freely.

Upon seeing John lift his head high without a trace of fear, Tim continued to exert his dominance, controlling that ghost mask.

Boom!

John could only feel his breath quickening, his body stiffening slightly. It felt as if the entire sky was bearing down on him.

This indescribable force caused John’s entire skeleton to creak, yet John remained standing!

John was seen gritting his teeth, his eyes burning with a fierce red glow. The physical endurance he had gained from his past trials and tribulations was evident in this moment.

The various spiritual energies within him were constantly in motion, and the flame aura from the Divine Flame Seal was incessantly erupting, shielding John from this oppressive force!

“Brat,” he said, “The flame aura within this Divine Flame Seal can aid your cultivation. Don’t waste it here. Let me go out and handle it for you.” Vermilion Demon Lord followed John, and spoke.

Vermilion Demon Lord was yearning to leave John’s consciousness field at that moment. He longed to gallivant freely in the realm between heaven and earth.

Chapter 4078 Nothing More Than A Soul Remnant

“Just show your face, but don’t even think about running away!” John exclaimed.

“Why would I run? Apart from you, this freak, who else in the world would put up with me? Besides, I was still waiting for you to help me search for the remains. I’m going anywhere,” Vermilion Demon Lord declared.

“Okay, make it quick,” he advised. “This guy is nothing more than an illusory shadow. Considering you’re only a soul remnant, it’s somewhat of a fair fight,” John said.

“Damn it, you’re comparing me to this trash? Let me tell you, even if I were but a mere shadow of my former self, or even if I were left with just a single leg hair, this old geezer wouldn’t stand a chance against me!”

Vermilion Demon Lord was somewhat displeased.

The sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect, who was merely an Ultimate Realm Level Three, was surprisingly compared by John to the Vermilion Demon Lord.

Naturally, the Vermilion Demon Lord disagreed. If Vermilion Demon Lord had been in his full form at that moment, a single glance would have been enough to obliterate Tim.

“Mr. Vermilion, I was just making an analogy. Why did you get so flustered?”

John was somewhat exasperated. These celestial realm beings really had peculiar temperaments.

“Hurry up and let me out. Stop dilly-dallying!” Vermilion Demon Lord exclaimed.

“All right!” John nodded, and then his Divine Flame Seal exploded into a visible burst of crimson flames.

The flames burst open in mid-air, instantly forming a shield that enveloped the entire Violet Flame Sect.

Tim was also engulfed within it.

Tim was taken aback for a moment, but then he scoffed. “Brat, have you lost your mind? You think you can resist my power. You would need to isolate me completely. Now that you’ve directly involved me, doesn’t that just make it easier for me to take action?”

John gazed at Tim, offering a chilling smile. “You’ll soon find out if I’ve lost my mind,” he said.

After John finished speaking, he struck an incredibly handsome pose.

“Come on out…”

After John finished speaking, a puff of black mist arose above his head. Following that, a disheveled old man slowly materialized.

However, the elder appeared somewhat elusive, clearly just a soul remnant.

Upon seeing the situation, Tim began to laugh. “Brat, using magic tricks in front of me? Isn’t that like trying to teach a fish to swim?”

“Don’t you know? Our Ghost Mask Sect specializes in nurturing demonic souls. Perfect, I’ll take the opportunity to nurture your bewitching spirit, making it serve my purposes!”

At this moment, Tim was almost laughing himself to death.

“You idiot! Can you even afford to keep me?”

Originally, the Vermilion Demon Lord had left John’s consciousness field and was free to roam the outside world. He was truly delighted.

But this Tim actually dared to say he would nurture him.

“Are you joking? Do you think the Vermilion Demon Lord is something you can just decide to keep as a pet?”

Tim was taken aback, for he hadn’t expected this demonic soul to have such a temper, even possessing its own consciousness.

The demonic souls nurtured by the Ghost Mask Sect, many of them lacked consciousness. It wasn’t easy to control those who possessed a mind of their own!

However, once this type of demonic soul was controlled, its power was undoubtedly immense.

At that moment, Gael and Garry all turned their attention to the Vermilion Demon Lord.

They knew this must have been the demonic soul in John’s consciousness field that Antoine talked about before his death.

It was precisely because of this demonic soul that Antoine and the disciples of the Ghost Mask Sect were slaughtered by John.

“You’re nothing more than a soul remnant, yet you dare to be so arrogant. Wait until I tame you, then you’ll know my strength.”

After Tim finished speaking, the massive ghost mask suddenly opened its mouth wide, attempting to take suck in the soul remnant of Vermilion Demon Lord.

It was merely a soul remnant, which could easily be absorbed into the ghost mask.

“It’s been thousands of years since I’ve had such fun,” he declared. “Since you’re so eager to play, I’ll gladly join you!”

Upon seeing Tim’ intention to subdue him, the Vermilion Demon Lord couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

Originally, the Vermilion Demon Lord could have simply blown a breath and the ghost mask of Tim would have vanished. However, he wanted to toy around, not wanting Tim to disappear so quickly.

If Tim were to disappear, then when John retracted the Divine Flame Seal that held up the protective shield, the Vermilion Demon Lord would have to return to John’s consciousness field.

Chapter 4079 I’m your ancestor

Despite the ghost mask opening its mouth wide and inhaling fiercely, Vermilion Demon Lord remained utterly still. Even if only his soul remnant was left, it wasn’t something a cultivator in the Ultimate Realm like Tim could possibly defeat.

“How can this be? You’re nothing but a soul remnant, and this ghost mask of mine has absorbed countless demonic souls without ever failing. How can this happen?” Tim was quite taken aback at the situation.

“You just haven’t met me yet. If you had, you would’ve experienced failure already. Making such a lousy ghost mask, yet still flaunting your power. How fucking embarrassing!” Vermilion Demon Lord spat in disdain.

With just one spit, Tim’ ghost mask instantly shattered into pieces as if struck by lightning. The massive ghost mask vanished just like that. Tim was dumbfounded. Onlookers were utterly taken aback by the scene unfolding before them. They couldn’t comprehend the nature of the demonic soul hidden within John’s consciousness field. What sort of being could it possibly be? Only a soul remnant remained, yet still so powerful. It was outrageous.

“I got it! I got it!” At that moment, Gael finally understood why John was unafraid of the Ghost Mask Sect’s demonic soul and dared to let it enter his consciousness field. It turned out John had long known about the existence of such an impressive demonic soul in his consciousness field. Wouldn’t it be a suicide mission for other demonic souls to enter it?

“W-Who are you, exactly? With such immense power, how could you be reduced to a mere wisp of a soul remnant? And why did you reside within this brat’s consciousness field?” Tim asked in astonishment.

With only a soul remnant remaining, his power was still formidable. One could only imagine just how terrifying Vermilion Demon Lord must have been in his prime. Despite possessing such terrifying power, he was unexpectedly slain, his physical body destroyed, leaving behind nothing but a wisp of his soul remnant.

“I’m your ancestor, so you should get on your knees and pay your respects before me!” Vermilion Demon Lord said with a laugh. To be precise, Vermilion Demon Lord wasn’t wrong. Surely, as demons, they would definitely be related. Thus, it wasn’t entirely wrong when Vermilion Demon Lord claimed to be the ancestor of Tim.

Tim’ eyes narrowed slightly, he had thought that Vermilion Demon Lord was cursing at him, deliberately trying to humiliate him.

“Hmph, since you’re acting so arrogantly, don’t blame me for teaching you a lesson.” After he spoke, his illusory shadow became somewhat more solid as a black mist began to swirl around him.

“Fuck, it should be a compliment to you that I’m your ancestor. Yet, you fucking ungrateful brat don’t know what’s good for you! Then, I’ll teach you a lesson, you disrespectful descendant.” After Vermilion Demon Lord finished speaking, he swiftly swung his arm at him.

After much difficulty, the black mist surrounding Tim finally dissipated in an instant, and he was unequivocally slapped across the face. In the presence of the Vermilion Demon Lord, Tim found that he didn’t even have the slightest chance to resist. Moreover, he could sense that Vermilion Demon Lord was merely toying with him, not using his full strength. Otherwise, the illusory shadow he projected would’ve already disintegrated under that single slap.

Vermilion Demon Lord approached Tim, and then proceeded to give him a series of harsh slaps. Everyone was simply staring in disbelief. Tim was an Ultimate Realm Level Three cultivator, though merely an illusory shadow and not his actual self. However, his strength was not to be underestimated. Yet he was getting slapped in the face by a demonic soul.

Moreover, it seemed that Tim didn’t have the slightest ability to fight back. The slap left Tim completely dazed, his eyes filled with shock and fear because he had detected an incredibly faint aura from Vermilion Demon Lord, an aura that didn’t belong to the Ethereal Realm.

“A-Are you a demonic soul from the celestial realm?” Tim asked as his body trembled.

“You’ve got a good eye, brat. I was once the demon lord of the celestial realm, a soul remnant who happened to end up in the Ethereal Realm by accident. Even if I’m reduced to a mere soul remnant, you, an insignificant creature, have no right to criticize me,” Vermilion Demon Lord said coldly.

“Celestial realm? Demon Lord?” Tim’ eyes widened in shock. He was scared out of his wits.

Chapter 4080 Divine Soul

Is this a joke? Am I really battling against the demon lord of the celestial realm?

Forget about dealing with his soul remnant, even if there was just a sliver of his spiritual sense left, it was beyond what he, a cultivator in the Ultimate Realm, could handle.

At last, Tim understood why John, a mere Fifth Level Tribulator cultivator was so extraordinary. Yet, Antoine and Bobby, both Ultimate Realm cultivators, had all met their deaths at the hands of John.

It was because a demon lord was living in his consciousness field. What was there for him to be afraid of then?

However, Tim was unaware that John wasn’t solely reliant on Vermilion Demon Lord.

Aside from his bloodline’s ability, John had many other weapons, items, and techniques at his disposal, such as the Demonic Fire Soul Essence, Dragon Bell, Divine Bow, and the Celestial Devourer who only knew how to eat but hardly did any work.

If the Celestial Devourer were to wake up, it would surely cause widespread devastation.

Meanwhile, the cosmos was the nascence space within John. Countless nascence star were awaiting for John to ignite them.

Those were all the things John relied on. The soul remnant of Vermilion Demon Lord wasn’t the only card up John’s sleeve.

Tim was oblivious to that. All he knew at that moment was Vermilion Demon Lord’s soul remnant, a celestial realm demon lord, had scared him witless.

“I was wrong, My Lord. I didn’t realize it was your divine soul and spoke disrespectfully thereby offending you,” Tim cried, pleading for mercy.

The impressive Tim, Ultimate Realm cultivator and sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect with unmatched glory was weeping.

Seeing Tim’ cowardly demeanor, Vermilion Demon Lord instantly lost interest.

When John encountered him and found out about his identity, he didn’t burst into tears.

I can’t believe a fucking coward like him is the sect leader!

“Coward, you bring fucking shame to the demons! Get lost!”

Vermilion Demon Lord had lost interest in toying with Tim. With a simple wave of his hand, Tim’ illusory shadow vanished instantly.

Meanwhile, Tim opened his eyes, his forehead drenched in a cold sweat in the main hall of the Ghost Mask Sect.

Looking down, he noticed his pants were soaked.

Even if he were given a boost of courage, he wouldn’t dare to seek revenge on John again.

Garry was left completely bewildered when he saw Tim begging for mercy in tears. He didn’t understand who is the demonic soul in John conscious, that scare Tim to tears

Just moments ago, Vermilion Demon Lord had revealed his identity, but only Tim had heard it. The others didn’t hear anything.

Regardless, they witnessed first-hand how Tim’ ghost mask shattered with a spat from Vermilion Demon Lord.

None of them present had that kind of power.

Garry knew he was unlikely to be alive that day. However, seeing the Divine Flame Seal in John’s hand, Garry couldn’t help but feel a surge of jealousy.

That should’ve been mine! I’ve gone to great lengths to get my hands on the Divine Flame Seal, yet now it’s fallen into John’s hands.

After Tim’ departure, tranquility was restored throughout the entire Violet Flame Sect.

Vermilion Demon Lord had once again returned to John’s consciousness field.

“John, you’re amazing!”

Joy looked at John with eyes full of admiration.

Dario, Judd, and the others gathered around John, showering him with praises.

“Garry, your son is dead, and it’s evident that you were the one colluding with the Ghost Mask Sect, yet you falsely accused Mr. Barclay and the others. Now, I’m taking back my decree, revoking your position as the acting sect leader!” Gael gave Garry a cold look and spoke.

“You’re deposing me? On what grounds are you deposing me? You’re no longer the sect leader, and I’m not just the acting sect leader anymore. I am now the true sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect, recognized by the Divine Flame Seal,” Garry huffed coldly.

“The Divine Flame Seal has recognized you?”

Gael chuckled. “The Divine Flame Seal is no longer in your possession, so how are you the sect leader?”

“The Divine Flame Seal isn’t in your possession too, so you’re not the sect leader either. On what grounds are you deposing me? According to tradition, I am the last sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect, so before a new sect leader is chosen, I can remain as the sect leader despite my lack of the Divine Flame Seal.”

Garry began exploiting the loopholes in the rules of the Violet Flame Sect to make his rebuttals.

Chapter 4081 John’s Father-In-Law

“The Divine Flame Seal is in John’s hands and has accepted him as its master. Does this mean John is now the sect leader?” Joy asked.

“John was never a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, and the Divine Flame Seal shouldn’t have ended up in his hands. As disciples of the Violet Flame Sect, it’s our duty to ensure that the Divine Flame Seal doesn’t fall into outsiders’ hands.”

Garry began to incite the disciples of the Violet Flame Sect.

The disciples viewed the Divine Flame Seal with utmost significance. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be mandatory for the sect leader to be acknowledged by the Divine Flame Seal.

Since John’s identity had been revealed, it was clear he wasn’t a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect. Therefore, it was inappropriate for him to possess the Divine Flame Seal. Even if he was its designated master, John shouldn’t be allowed to take the Divine Flame Seal away.

Garry was adamant about that particular point, hence his determination to oppose it at all costs. If he could regain the Divine Flame Seal, he would’ve succeeded.

“Who said John isn’t a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect?” Gael retorted.

“He’s not, of course, we all know what kind of person Mr. Barclay is. He must have taken John’s bribe to accept him. Moreover, given Mr. Barclay’s limited skills, there’s no way he’s John’s master,” Garry exclaimed.

“Indeed, Mr. Barclay isn’t John’s master, but I can certainly become John’s father-in-law. John already has intimate contact with my daughter, making him my son-in-law. His status is even more significant than that of a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, so why can’t he possess the Divine Flame Seal?” Gael huffed coldly.

John was somewhat taken aback at Gael’s words. When did I have intimate contact with Joy? I just saw her bathing! That’s it! The Ethereal Realm is so open-minded. Don’t tell me we have to get married just because we saw each other bathing.

Unbeknownst to John, he had unexpectedly become Gael’s son-in-law.

Joy’s face turned red when she heard her father reveal something so private in public. However, it was clear that she was quite delighted.

The other disciples of the Violet Flame Sect were all envious, jealous, and resentful of John

After all, Joy was considered a goddess by many of the male disciples. A mere glance from her was enough to send shivers down their spines.

Yet, John had intimate contact with their goddess!

Just thinking about it made them green with envy.

“John, when did you have intimate contact with Joy?”

Judd was quite puzzled. He had been with John all the time but hadn’t noticed John having the opportunity to do so.

John could only respond with a resigned smile without answering Judd. Garry was taken aback at Gael’s declaration. He hadn’t expected John to actually be with Joy.

Reflecting back, his son had merely flirted a little with Joy, and yet he was expelled from the Violet Flame Sect.

However, John was fine despite having slept with Joy.

“Hmph, that’s just your side of the story. Regardless, the Divine Flame Seal absolutely can’t be in John’s possession.”

After Garry finished speaking, he lunged at John, attempting to snatch the Divine Flame Seal from John’s hand.

He wanted to snatch the Divine Flame Seal back.

“You’re overestimate yourself!” John scorned at Garry.

An overwhelming flame aura exploded from the Divine Flame Seal, crashing down upon Garry with great force.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

A jolt shot through Garry’s body, feeling as if he was being crushed under immense pressure, and in an instant, he found himself sprawled on the ground.

The aura was so overpowering that Garry couldn’t muster the strength to rise.

Garry, an Ultimate Realm cultivator, was sprawled out like a dead bug.

Garry struggled desperately, but the more he fought, the harder it became to breathe. In the end, Garry ceased struggling. Despite the resentment in his eyes, he was utterly powerless.

Gael looked at Garry and sighed lightly.

“Garry, you’ve been a part of the Violet Flame Sect for many years, and your son has passed away. Today, I won’t take your life, but you’re hereby banished from the Violet Flame Sect, never to set foot within its boundaries again!”

As soon as Gael finished speaking, John withdrew his flame aura.

Chapter 4081 John’s Father-In-Law

“The Divine Flame Seal is in John’s hands and has accepted him as its master. Does this mean John is now the sect leader?” Joy asked.

“John was never a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, and the Divine Flame Seal shouldn’t have ended up in his hands. As disciples of the Violet Flame Sect, it’s our duty to ensure that the Divine Flame Seal doesn’t fall into outsiders’ hands.”

Garry began to incite the disciples of the Violet Flame Sect.

The disciples viewed the Divine Flame Seal with utmost significance. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be mandatory for the sect leader to be acknowledged by the Divine Flame Seal.

Since John’s identity had been revealed, it was clear he wasn’t a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect. Therefore, it was inappropriate for him to possess the Divine Flame Seal. Even if he was its designated master, John shouldn’t be allowed to take the Divine Flame Seal away.

Garry was adamant about that particular point, hence his determination to oppose it at all costs. If he could regain the Divine Flame Seal, he would’ve succeeded.

“Who said John isn’t a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect?” Gael retorted.

“He’s not, of course, we all know what kind of person Mr. Barclay is. He must have taken John’s bribe to accept him. Moreover, given Mr. Barclay’s limited skills, there’s no way he’s John’s master,” Garry exclaimed.

“Indeed, Mr. Barclay isn’t John’s master, but I can certainly become John’s father-in-law. John already has intimate contact with my daughter, making him my son-in-law. His status is even more significant than that of a disciple of the Violet Flame Sect, so why can’t he possess the Divine Flame Seal?” Gael huffed coldly.

John was somewhat taken aback at Gael’s words. When did I have intimate contact with Joy? I just saw her bathing! That’s it! The Ethereal Realm is so open-minded. Don’t tell me we have to get married just because we saw each other bathing.

Unbeknownst to John, he had unexpectedly become Gael’s son-in-law.

Joy’s face turned red when she heard her father reveal something so private in public. However, it was clear that she was quite delighted.

The other disciples of the Violet Flame Sect were all envious, jealous, and resentful of John

After all, Joy was considered a goddess by many of the male disciples. A mere glance from her was enough to send shivers down their spines.

Yet, John had intimate contact with their goddess!

Just thinking about it made them green with envy.

“John, when did you have intimate contact with Joy?”

Judd was quite puzzled. He had been with John all the time but hadn’t noticed John having the opportunity to do so.

John could only respond with a resigned smile without answering Judd. Garry was taken aback at Gael’s declaration. He hadn’t expected John to actually be with Joy.

Reflecting back, his son had merely flirted a little with Joy, and yet he was expelled from the Violet Flame Sect.

However, John was fine despite having slept with Joy.

“Hmph, that’s just your side of the story. Regardless, the Divine Flame Seal absolutely can’t be in John’s possession.”

After Garry finished speaking, he lunged at John, attempting to snatch the Divine Flame Seal from John’s hand.

He wanted to snatch the Divine Flame Seal back.

“You’re overestimate yourself!” John scorned at Garry.

An overwhelming flame aura exploded from the Divine Flame Seal, crashing down upon Garry with great force.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

A jolt shot through Garry’s body, feeling as if he was being crushed under immense pressure, and in an instant, he found himself sprawled on the ground.

The aura was so overpowering that Garry couldn’t muster the strength to rise.

Garry, an Ultimate Realm cultivator, was sprawled out like a dead bug.

Garry struggled desperately, but the more he fought, the harder it became to breathe. In the end, Garry ceased struggling. Despite the resentment in his eyes, he was utterly powerless.

Gael looked at Garry and sighed lightly.

“Garry, you’ve been a part of the Violet Flame Sect for many years, and your son has passed away. Today, I won’t take your life, but you’re hereby banished from the Violet Flame Sect, never to set foot within its boundaries again!”

As soon as Gael finished speaking, John withdrew his flame aura.
Tnx once again Immortal Gily

Thanks a lot immortal @Gily for the plentiful resources. I am glad that John was able to higher up his cultivation level and also eliminate the possible adversaries. I guess soon he will leave and go back to Fox queen and phoenix and then to fight Aiden. But the question is if he will rile joy and leave her here or take her along with him. Or since I have already offered Joy as a gift to immortal Gily, if he will keep her. Master @King, what is your guess?

Chapter 4080 Divine Soul

Is this a joke? Am I really battling against the demon lord of the celestial realm?

Forget about dealing with his soul remnant, even if there was just a sliver of his spiritual sense left, it was beyond what he, a cultivator in the Ultimate Realm, could handle.

At last, Tim understood why John, a mere Fifth Level Tribulator cultivator was so extraordinary. Yet, Antoine and Bobby, both Ultimate Realm cultivators, had all met their deaths at the hands of John.

It was because a demon lord was living in his consciousness field. What was there for him to be afraid of then?

However, Tim was unaware that John wasn’t solely reliant on Vermilion Demon Lord.

Aside from his bloodline’s ability, John had many other weapons, items, and techniques at his disposal, such as the Demonic Fire Soul Essence, Dragon Bell, Divine Bow, and the Celestial Devourer who only knew how to eat but hardly did any work.

If the Celestial Devourer were to wake up, it would surely cause widespread devastation.

Meanwhile, the cosmos was the nascence space within John. Countless nascence star were awaiting for John to ignite them.

Those were all the things John relied on. The soul remnant of Vermilion Demon Lord wasn’t the only card up John’s sleeve.

Tim was oblivious to that. All he knew at that moment was Vermilion Demon Lord’s soul remnant, a celestial realm demon lord, had scared him witless.

“I was wrong, My Lord. I didn’t realize it was your divine soul and spoke disrespectfully thereby offending you,” Tim cried, pleading for mercy.

The impressive Tim, Ultimate Realm cultivator and sect leader of the Ghost Mask Sect with unmatched glory was weeping.

Seeing Tim’ cowardly demeanor, Vermilion Demon Lord instantly lost interest.

When John encountered him and found out about his identity, he didn’t burst into tears.

I can’t believe a fucking coward like him is the sect leader!

“Coward, you bring fucking shame to the demons! Get lost!”

Vermilion Demon Lord had lost interest in toying with Tim. With a simple wave of his hand, Tim’ illusory shadow vanished instantly.

Meanwhile, Tim opened his eyes, his forehead drenched in a cold sweat in the main hall of the Ghost Mask Sect.

Looking down, he noticed his pants were soaked.

Even if he were given a boost of courage, he wouldn’t dare to seek revenge on John again.

Garry was left completely bewildered when he saw Tim begging for mercy in tears. He didn’t understand who is the demonic soul in John conscious, that scare Tim to tears

Just moments ago, Vermilion Demon Lord had revealed his identity, but only Tim had heard it. The others didn’t hear anything.

Regardless, they witnessed first-hand how Tim’ ghost mask shattered with a spat from Vermilion Demon Lord.

None of them present had that kind of power.

Garry knew he was unlikely to be alive that day. However, seeing the Divine Flame Seal in John’s hand, Garry couldn’t help but feel a surge of jealousy.

That should’ve been mine! I’ve gone to great lengths to get my hands on the Divine Flame Seal, yet now it’s fallen into John’s hands.

After Tim’ departure, tranquility was restored throughout the entire Violet Flame Sect.

Vermilion Demon Lord had once again returned to John’s consciousness field.

“John, you’re amazing!”

Joy looked at John with eyes full of admiration.

Dario, Judd, and the others gathered around John, showering him with praises.

“Garry, your son is dead, and it’s evident that you were the one colluding with the Ghost Mask Sect, yet you falsely accused Mr. Barclay and the others. Now, I’m taking back my decree, revoking your position as the acting sect leader!” Gael gave Garry a cold look and spoke.

“You’re deposing me? On what grounds are you deposing me? You’re no longer the sect leader, and I’m not just the acting sect leader anymore. I am now the true sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect, recognized by the Divine Flame Seal,” Garry huffed coldly.

“The Divine Flame Seal has recognized you?”

Gael chuckled. “The Divine Flame Seal is no longer in your possession, so how are you the sect leader?”

“The Divine Flame Seal isn’t in your possession too, so you’re not the sect leader either. On what grounds are you deposing me? According to tradition, I am the last sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect, so before a new sect leader is chosen, I can remain as the sect leader despite my lack of the Divine Flame Seal.”

Garry began exploiting the loopholes in the rules of the Violet Flame Sect to make his rebuttals.
Immortal Gily thanks alot 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Thanks a lot immortal @Gily for the plentiful resources. I am glad that John was able to higher up his cultivation level and also eliminate the possible adversaries. I guess soon he will leave and go back to Fox queen and phoenix and then to fight Aiden. But the question is if he will rile joy and leave her here or take her along with him. Or since I have already offered Joy as a gift to immortal Gily, if he will keep her. Master @King, what is your guess?
Fox queen, seems to be his favorable at the moment

I really just wish for John to stop collecting any more girls. If I were him, I will focus & take a very good care of phoenix and help her to regain her celestial power. Can you imagine John accompanied by a authoritative & strong mystical celestial beast (similar status as dragon in terms of myth)? Simply a couple made in heaven. And don't forget that pheonix may have been the one who John owed the most of his life to, with the help she gave him in the secret realm when he left master @brits to join master @emeka. So I think Joy should stay in hope that John will not neglect what he already has.

Chapter 4082 New Sect Leader

Garry’s face was as pale as a sheet as he helplessly gazed at John. The power of the Divine Flame Seal was too overwhelming for Garry to bear.

Fortunately, his cultivation was still intact, and he was merely banished from the Violet Flame Sect.

“Mr. Sindbad, are you willing to leave the Violet Flame Sect with me? I assure you, you won’t be treated unfairly. All these years, you’ve offended Mr. Barclay and the rest for taking my side. Do you think you’ll still have a peaceful life once I leave?”

Garry wanted to poach his subordinates from the Violet Flame Sect.

At that point, Winston and the rest felt intimidated. They knew that once they left the sect, they would be left without a home, even acquiring resources would become a challenge. However, if they didn’t, they would be in trouble when Dario and the others sought their revenge.

As Winston and the others hesitated, Gael said, “Let’s forgive and forget about the past. However, I won’t stand in anyone’s way if they wish to leave!”

“Don’t listen to him! If you stay, you will surely face retaliation in the future!” Garry exclaimed loudly.

“Stay if you trust me, and feel free to leave if you don’t!” With a wave of his hand, Gael signaled Dario and the others to clear a path.

Upon witnessing the situation, Winston and the others exchanged glances. Then, one by one, they knelt to the ground. “We trust in you, Mr. Orlando, and are ready to give our all for the Violet Flame Sect.”

Upon witnessing this scene, Garry realized that his ship had sailed. No one was willing to follow him anymore like rats leaving a sinking ship. No one would obey him anymore since he had nothing and was a nobody.

“Fine!” Garry leaped into the air, departing from the Violet Flame Sect.

He was worried that if he stayed any longer, Gael might change his mind and deal with him, which would spell trouble.

After Garry left, John turned to Gael and said, “Mr. Orlando, this Divine Flame Seal is a valuable treasure of the Violet Flame Sect. I’ll return it to you once I refine the fire fusion technique with this seal.”

The Divine Flame Seal belonged to the Violet Flame Sect. If John took it away, the future growth of the Violet Flame Sect would surely be hindered.

John was only there to learn about the fire fusion technique. Even though the Divine Flame Seal was a powerful and valuable treasure, John knew he couldn’t be greedy.

He had already mastered two types of internal flames from the Violet Flame Sect and even learned the True Fire Spiritual body. Most importantly, he had also inherited all the cultivation techniques of the first Sect Leader of the Violet Flame Sect, Mr. House.

He would feel rather embarrassed if he were to take away the Divine Flame Seal.

With that being said, how could the Violet Flame Sect progress in the future?

“Since the Divine Flame Seal has chosen you as its master, you’re now the sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect. It’s unthinkable for a sect leader to give up the Divine Flame Seal,” Gael responded with a faint smile.

“No, no, no, I can’t possibly become the sect leader of the Violet Flame Sect, especially now that I’m being hunted down by the Demon Seal Alliance. I’ll only bring trouble to the Violet Flame Sect. Besides, I’m always on the move and don’t stay in one place for long, so it’s not feasible.”

John kept shaking his head.

However, Gael gave a slight smile, then turned to John and bowed. “Greetings to the new sect leader.”

Upon witnessing the scene, Dario and the others also knelt down one after another. “Greetings to the new sect leader.”

Judd, Carla, and the rest were all excitedly looking at John.

They were thrilled for him since he had become the new sect leader.

John gazed at the kneeling disciples and let out a resigned, bitter chuckle.

He seemed to have grasped Gael’s intention, so he said, “All right since all of you have chosen me, I suppose I can reluctantly accept. Everyone, please rise.”

“Mr. White, how should we deal with this guy?” Judd asked, pointing at Carlos, who was rooted in place from fear.

A glance from John sent intense fear into Carlos, causing him to bow repeatedly at John in terror.

“Lock him up for now. This guy’s got a decent grasp on array craft, we might as well keep him around for the time being.”

John wanted to probe the secrets of the Duad Formation Sect through Carlos. However, it wasn’t the time for that. At that moment, John needed to focus on mastering the fire fusion technique.

After relaying some instructions to Gael, John said, “I’m heading to Divine Flame Mountain to practice the fire fusion technique, so I’ll leave the sect’s affairs to you.”

Once John was done speaking, he leaped forward, heading straight for Divine Flame Mountain.

Chapter 4083 Fall Of Imperial Fox City

Meanwhile, the Fox Queen, Catlin, sat on her throne in the palace in the Imperial Fox City, her expression incredibly solemn.

Phoenix and Polar stood beside her with similar grim expressions.

“Fox Queen, the spirit ship is ready. We should leave promptly. Once the city falls, it will be impossible to escape.”

“Don’t worry. Once Mr. White returns, I’m confident he will definitely help you reclaim the Imperial Fox City,” Cloud persuaded Catlin.

“Catlin, stop being so stubborn. If Master returns to find you’ve died in battle, he’d surely be heartbroken. Didn’t you notice how much he likes you? When we’re together, he always spends more time in bed with you,” Phoenix also persuaded Catlin.

Catlin’s eyes were brimming with tears, her lips tightly pressed together. Her reluctance was evident on her face.

She had painstakingly built up the kingdom, yet someone was seizing it from her. Just as Catlin was hesitating, Winona, covered in wounds, rushed in.

“Fox Queen, the Foster family’s forces are about to storm in, we really should get going! While there’s life, there’s hope. Come and hide with me for now. One day, we will return!” Winona advised Catlin.

Catlin gazed at the injury-riddled Winona and finally nodded.

She didn’t want to witness the demise of Winona there, who had taken care of her all her life.

After Maddox’s death, the Foster family realized their hope of collaborating with Imperial Fox City had been shattered. Consequently, they rallied a significant number of people to launch an attack on Imperial Fox City.

The Foster family had the Demon Seal Alliance supporting them. Additionally, there were rumors that John was in Imperial Fox City. Hence, many had set their sights on the city.

The fall of Imperial Fox City was imminent. When that time came, Catlin would have no chance of escaping.

Catlin, along with Phoenix and the others, boarded the airship, swiftly departing from Imperial Fox City.

Since no one expected the Imperial Fox City would have an airship, so no one could stop it.

Catlin gazed upon the ruins of Imperial Fox City, and the corpses of her citizens, her heart twisted with agony.

“Where are we heading now?” Polar asked.

After all, Polar wasn’t very familiar with the central region. He had only visited the Max family there.

“To Epea. Before I arrived at the Imperial Fox City, I was an Epean, so let’s take refuge at my place for now!” Winona said.

“Winona, you’re Epean? But you’ve never mentioned it before!” Catlin exclaimed in surprise.

“I’ve been away from home for decades, so I didn’t want to bring it up!” Winona let out a bitter laugh.

Clearly, Winona had her reason for leaving her hometown, hence she never brought it up before.

Had it not been for their circumstances, Winona probably wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Back then, Winona’s exceptional medical skills were what got her to stay in Imperial Fox City.

Among the entire human race cultivators, alchemists were incredibly rare, not to mention among the beast race. The Imperial Fox City had taken Winona in for that exact reason.

“How are we supposed to alert Master? He’s still at the Violet Flame Sect. Won’t he be walking into a trap if he comes looking for us at the Imperial Fox City?” Phoenix asked.

“I can’t reach Mr. White through the communication device, so he’s probably in the midst of his training right now. I’ll try to contact him again once I get a chance,” Polar informed.

The airship flew toward Epea, thankfully the Foster family didn’t pursue it.

At that moment, John sat atop the Divine Flame Mountain with his eyes closed, exhaling a heavy breath. He held the Divine Flame Seal in his hands, cradling it against his chest.

Buzz!

Waves of flame aura continuously permeated the air. A vast and boundless gust of pure aura circulated within the flame aura.

Six blazes of internal flames ceaselessly revolved around John.

Boom!

Suddenly, the world around him seemed to change color, the wind and clouds dramatically shifting.

The sudden turn of events had many from the Violet Flame Sect casting their eyes toward the direction of Divine Flame Mountain.

“Father, it’s been three days, do you think John is all right?” Joy asked with concern upon noticing a sudden change in the Divine Flame Mountain.

Chapter 4084 Celestial Clouds

“I’m not sure either, but when I fuse the internal flames, there isn’t much of a commotion. Perhaps John possesses plenty of internal flame. Let’s go and see what’s happening.”

Gael, Joy, and the others headed straight for the Divine Flame Mountain. Upon reaching the foot of the Divine Flame Mountain, everyone looked up, astonished to find six different-colored celestial clouds in the sky.

These celestial clouds gathered above the Divine Flame Mountain and subsequently began to merge.

The internal flames surrounding John were fusing and protecting him. Over John’s head, the fire nascence star surprisingly appeared, constantly flickering with radiance.

Swiftly, a myriad of lights shone down in the area, with the stars shining brilliantly, looking splendidly akin to a galaxy.

Countless stars continuously gathered their light, flowing into John’s nascence star. Everyone present was left breathless and utterly astounded upon witnessing this spectacle.

They could sense that it was the aura of fire nascence.

Yet, how did John suddenly come into possession of so many fire nascence?

The six blazes of internal flames fused together, transforming into nascence power, and surged into his nascence star.

The aura within John surged at an incredible speed.

The vibrant celestial clouds gradually faded away, and in the end, a pure internal flame essence gently descended from the top of John’s head into his body.

Boom!

At that moment, a surge of energy resonated through John’s body.

Accompanied by a visible wave of energy that spread in all directions, the celestial cloud that had just dissipated began to gather again.

However, it wasn’t a celestial cloud that time around, but a dark lightning tribulation cloud.

“Fuck, is John about to break through again?”

Upon witnessing this scene, Judd felt like he was losing his mind.

John had just made a breakthrough a few days ago, yet he was on the verge of another.

Dario glared fiercely at Judd, saying, “You fool, he’s the sect leader now, and not your junior anymore.”

“Exactly! Mr. White is amazing! How did he manage to break through so quickly?” Judd quickly corrected himself.

Gael, along with Joy and others, were all utterly shocked.

However, the lightning tribulation cloud was real. Bolts of lightning streaked across the sky, and in no time, thunderbolts began to descend from the heavens.

John had never imagined that his abilities would skyrocket in an instant by using the fire fusion technique with the Divine Flame Seal.

He had only fused six blazes of the internal flames. If he were to possess dozens of them, wouldn’t he be able to be a Top Level Tribulator in the blink of an eye?

Bolts of lightning came crashing down one after another, relentlessly striking John’s body.

At that moment, John felt nothing but excitement, utterly oblivious to the slightest pain from the lightning tribulation.

After the lightning tribulation had passed, John leaped into mid-air.

The aura of a Sixth Level Tribulator permeated throughout the entire Divine Flame Mountain.

Looking at the Divine Flame Seal in his hand, John was overjoyed.

He hadn’t expected the Divine Flame Seal to contain such immense power, propelling him to a new cultivation level.

However, after John had advanced to the next cultivation level, it was clear that the Divine Flame Seal’s aura had significantly weakened.

Using spiritual sense to examine himself, John saw that his fire nascence star radiated a dazzling light within his nascence space. The fire nascence star was significantly brighter than the other nascence stars.

John descended slowly, his restrained aura unable to hide his intimidating presence.

Despite being merely a Sixth Level Tribulator, it was surprising that he could exude a dominating presence that caused onlookers to shudder.

An excited Joy rushed over and said, “John, you’re truly amazing! Who would’ve thought that you would not only continuously fuse the internal flames, but also elevate your cultivation level!”

“John, congratulations! In just three short days, you’ve advanced to a new level. This is truly unheard of!” Gael congratulated.

“It’s all thanks to Mr. Orlando’s guidance and the help of this Divine Flame Seal. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to progress so rapidly,” John said with a laugh.

In truth, John knew that his rapid advancement was inextricably linked to House.

It was only natural that John’s abilities soared rapidly after House imparted a lifetime of his cultivation technique to him, coupled with the empowerment of the Divine Flame Seal.

Chapter 4085 My Miranda

“You’re being far too modest. This is all down to your exceptional talent. Now that you’re the leader of Violet Flame Sect, its future development depends on you,” Gael chirped.

“No, no. My position as sect leader is only temporary. Once I’ve resolved the issues at hand, I’ll have to leave. When that time comes, I’ll pass on the leadership to Joy,” John hurriedly said.

John thought that Gael had appointed him the new sect leader to pass the position on to Joy eventually.

The other elders might disagree if Gael passed the sect leader position to Joy.

After all, the position of Violet Flame Sect’s sect leader wasn’t by hereditary succession. Hence, Gael passing the position to his daughter would appear rather inappropriate.

If John were to hand the position to John, that would effectively shut the others up.

John had interpreted it in such a way, but he was mistaken. That wasn’t Gael’s intention at all. He sincerely wanted John to take up the mantle as the sect leader.

“Joy is a woman, and she’ll inevitably marry someday. She isn’t suitable to be the sect leader. That is unless you marry Joy. She might be able to share your burdens, then,” Gael uttered.

“That won’t do.” John hastily waved his hands.

He simply couldn’t marry Joy.

John once declared that his first wedding must be with Miranda. Even though Miranda’s current whereabouts were unknown, John firmly believed Miranda was waiting for him.

Although John had many women in his life and was intimately involved with quite a few of them, he wouldn’t have given his first wedding to any other woman.

Hearing that, Joy asked somewhat aggrievedly, “What’s the matter? Do you think I’m not good enough for you?”

“No, it’s not that. You have an amazing figure and flawless skin and are breathtakingly beautiful. Any man who lays eyes on you would be smitten. However, I already have a girlfriend and several close female friends. We’ve been intimate, so I’m not worthy of you, Joy,” John quickly clarified.

Upon hearing that, Joy instantly burst into laughter. She was under the assumption that John disdained her.

Gael chuckled. “What does it matter? Since you can’t take a wife, let Joy be your confidante. In Ethereal Realm, it’s pretty common for a man to have multiple wives. Moreover, if they developed feelings for each other, it’s perfectly normal for them to undergo dual cultivation together. After all, it’s a practice that can help enhance their abilities.”

“That’s right. You don’t have to marry me, nor do you need to give me any title. In Ethereal Realm, these matters are inconsequential. All that matters is that I have a place in your heart.” Joy moved closer to John, taking the initiative to hold his hand.

This sight was so astonishing that it left Judd and the others practically drooling.

The woman they wouldn’t even dare to dream about was willingly drawing herself closer to John at that moment, even offering herself to him voluntarily.

This was the disparity, the difference between individuals.

Upon seeing the situation, John didn’t say anything further. After all, Joy had already taken the initiative to that extent. It would be akin to rejecting a goodwill gesture if he didn’t accept her offer.

Moreover, Joy was indeed enticing. John couldn’t help but recall that night when he accidentally caught a glimpse of Joy’s body. His heart still raced as the thought surfaced in his mind.

Once everyone returned to Violet Flame Sect, John immediately sought out Carlos, who had been locked up.

Carlos was confined in Violet Flame Sect’s dungeon and was surrounded by an arcane array set up by Philip.

At that moment, Carlos looked disheveled, starkly contrasting his initial appearance when he brimmed with vitality and enthusiasm.

Upon hearing the sound, Carlos slowly began to speak. “You’re finally here.”

“Have you been waiting for me all this time?” John was somewhat taken aback.

“Of course. Do you really think these surrounding arcane arrays could have trapped me?” Carlos lifted his head, revealing a hint of a smile.

John glanced over and began to laugh as well. Indeed, these formations can hardly confine Carlos. This guy’s array craft is indeed exceptional.

John couldn’t comprehend why Carlos didn’t just run away. Why is he waiting for me?

“Why are you waiting for me? Are you hoping to plead for my help?” John asked.

Chapter 4086 Blood Emerald

“Of course, I’m not pleading with you. I just want to do business with you,” Carlos said.

“Do business? What kind of business?” John’s interest was instantly piqued. Although Carlos looked disheveled and was so frightened that he almost wet himself, John began to grow wary of him at that moment.

That was because Carlos’s demeanor then was far from that of a coward. Despite being reduced to a captive, he still had the audacity to propose doing business, proving that he was no simpleton.

John figured perhaps what they had seen before was merely Carlos’s pretense.

“I hope you can help me become Duad Formation Sect’s sect leader.” Carlos cut to the chase.

John was taken aback. This guy is Duad Formation Sect’s elder. Now, he wants to become the sect leader. But why is he seeking my help?

“How do you know I can help you? And how are you certain that I possess such capabilities?” John asked with curiosity.

“Your array craft is the most impressive I’ve ever seen, and I know you’ll help me because I have this.” After speaking, Carlos waved his hand and, astonishingly, pulled out a dark red crystal from his storage space.

Upon seeing the crystal, John was immediately stunned because he didn’t recognize this type of crystal.

The aura emitted by this crystal was exponentially more potent than a spiritual stone’s.

“Blood emerald? How did this guy come to possess the blood emerald, which only exists in the celestial realm?” Vermilion Demon Lord was also shocked when he saw the dark red crystal.

“Mr. Vermilion, what is a blood emerald? Is it only found in the celestial realm?” At the mention of an item from the celestial realm, John was instantly thrilled.

“This is a type of celestial emerald from the celestial realm. For array masters, this thing is a major resource for understanding and enhancing the strength of arcane arrays,” Vermillion Demon Lord explained.

Array masters were already few and far between in Ethereal Realm, and it was implausible for them to possess resources like blood emerald, which was only found in the celestial realm.

After John heard Vermilion Demon Lord’s explanation, his excitement intensified.

“This artifact is considered a valuable treasure among array masters. And as you know, once a cultivator breaks through the Tribulator stage and reaches Ultimate Realm, they are essentially half-immortal. Over time, the spiritual energy within them would gradually transform into celestial energy. However, upon attaining Ascendance, the body’s celestial energy becomes incredibly scarce. With this particular item, an array master can replenish a significant amount of celestial energy. Of course, such an item requires a high-level array master to utilize. It would be utterly useless if the array master’s cultivation level is too low, at a mere Body Fusion Realm, Carlos elaborated to John.

Still, throughout his speech, he never mentioned what that crystal was called nor where it came from.

“Blood emerald, a celestial emerald from the celestial realm and a fundamental resource for array masters. Not bad at all.” John feigned a calm demeanor as he spoke.

Astounded, Carlos widened his eyes in complete disbelief. “H-How did you know all this? It’s impossible!”

Carlo couldn’t figure out how John had come to know.

After all, only Duad Formation Sect possessed that item. The reason why Duad Formation Sect’s array craft could be so powerful was due to that blood emerald.

“I know far more than you could ever imagine. Though not considered a top-notch celestial emerald in the celestial realm, this blood emerald is still deemed a valuable treasure in Ethereal Realm. However, do you expect me to help you become the sect leader of Duad Formation Sect for a piece of blood emerald? Aren’t you asking for too much? John scoffed.

In truth, John had already agreed internally. With the blood emerald in his possession, there was no doubt that his progress in the field of arcane array would advance by leaps and bounds.

Nevertheless, John had to restrain his excitement, as it was now time for negotiations.

At that moment, it was crucial for John to keep his cool.

Carlos’s brow slightly furrowed. Initially, he planned to hype up this blood emerald, making John treat it as a valuable treasure, and then use it to gain John’s assistance.

Chapter 4087 Divine Markings

But now, astonishingly, John seemed to recognize the blood emerald. Moreover, it looked like a single blood emerald was far from enough to satisfy John.

However, even Carlos, as a senior elder of the Duad Formation Sect, had only one blood emerald.

“Of course not,” he said, “This blood emerald is merely a down payment. Once you’ve assisted me in becoming the leader of Duad Formation Sect, I can give you ten more of these blood emeralds. How does that sound?” Carlo tentatively asked.

John shook his head. “I still feel it’s somewhat risky.”

“What exactly do you want? Our sect only has a handful of blood emeralds, around a dozen or so. Isn’t giving you ten enough?” Carlo was growing anxious.

Upon seeing Carlo’s demeanor, John knew that Carlo wasn’t one to lie. It appeared that Duad Formation Sect really only had a dozen or so blood emeralds.

It was impossible to give him everything, ten was already the limit.

And so, John replied, “It’s not that I’m particularly interested in the blood emerald, what I really want is the core essence of your sect’s arcane array. Don’t tell me that a sect as big as yours doesn’t have any core essence?”

Upon hearing this, Carlos slightly relaxed and said, “So you’re after the divine markings of our sect. You should’ve just said so earlier.”

“Indeed, I want the divine markings of your sect.” John nodded.

In truth, John had no idea about the divine markings of Duad Formation Sect. He was merely testing the waters, yet unexpectedly, Carlos spilled the beans himself.

“All right, I’ll figure out a way to introduce you to the bearer of divine markings. However, whether you can obtain the divine markings, or whether you can refine them, that’s up to you. But let me tell you, mastering the divine markings is no easy task. If not done properly, you could go off the deep end,” Carlos warned.

“You don’t need to worry about that, all you need to do is give me your word!”

At that moment, John was merely chattering nonsensically with Carlos. He appeared to be full of confidence, but in reality, John had no idea what was going on.

“I have a communication device here. Once I return to Duad Formation Sect, I’ll let you know when the time is right. As long as you assist me in becoming the leader of Duad Formation Sect, our sect will undoubtedly form a lasting alliance with your Violet Flame Sect, ensuring mutual benefits and shared victories!” Carlos said excitedly.

“Looking at you, you don’t seem like a coward. Why were you so scared back then?” John curiously asked.

Carlos flashed a smile. “If I didn’t show fear, and even acted tough, would you still lock me up?”

“Of course not, I would have killed you on the spot. How could I possibly spare someone who poses a threat to me?” John said.

“Hahaha, there you have it. If I hadn’t done that, how could we have ended up collaborating today? Initially, I came to assist Garry on my own accord. I was also secretly collaborating with him. He promised to help me secure the position of the leader of Duad Formation Sect. But who would have guessed that this guy would let me down and actually get beaten by you, so I had no choice but to come talk to you,” said Carlo.

“Aren’t you afraid that I might refuse and then kill you?”

John was somewhat intrigued. This guy had a chance to escape, yet he didn’t. Instead, he waited for him, seemingly unafraid of the possibility that he might get killed.

“There’s no animosity that can’t be dissolved by benefits. If I offer you enough advantages, I trust you won’t kill me. That’s just how it is in the Ethereal Realm, the greatest concern is always one’s own interests. Haven’t you already agreed to spare my life?” Carlos said with a hint of smugness.

“You’re absolutely right. You may leave now.”

John had to admit, this Carlos indeed had some brains.

The main allure was the overwhelming benefits, especially the blood emerald, a highly precious item from the celestial realm.

After handing over the blood emerald to John, Carlos strode out of the dungeon.

Seeing Carlos being released, many were taken aback. However, not a single person dared to voice their surprise.

After all, John was now the leader of Violet Flame Sect. Moreover, his abilities were something everyone had witnessed. They were all utterly astounded by him.

Chapter 4088 Ascension Ceremony

As John left the dungeon, Gael did not question him about Carlos’s release. After all, John was now the head of Violet Flame Sect, everything was up to him.

Originally, John had planned to return to Imperial Fox City once he mastered the fire fusion technique. However, it seemed like the matter with Carlos would delay his return for a few more days.

Nevertheless, acquiring the blood emerald from Duad Formation Sect was worth him staying for a few more days.

There was also John’s incessant longing for Joy. If he were to leave now, John would feel rather unsatisfied since they hadn’t slept together yet.

Following that, John underwent the ascension ceremony. After this, there was no way John could refuse the position of sect leader even if he wanted to.

Moreover, John had also reformed Violet Flame Sect to prevent incidents like that of Garry from happening again.

Besides, the mess that Garry left behind had to be dealt with.

Although these people had pledged their loyalty and stayed with Violet Flame Sect, there were quite a few amongst them who harbored ulterior motives.

Especially someone like Titus, a deacon. He was utterly devoid of both talent and virtue, and even brought shame to the Violet Flame Sect.

Therefore, it was necessary to penalize and demote such individuals.

After all, Garry had been managing the Violet Flame Sect for quite some time. Many opportunists who fawned over the powerful could no longer be given important roles.

John was learning and making adjustments along the way with Gael. This led to significant changes in Violet Flame Sect within just a few days.

All of these were observed by Gael, bringing him great joy.

Joy, on the other hand, stayed by John’s side everyday, offering him her unwavering support.

If someone else were to take the role of the clan leader, Joy would have felt an inner resistance and opposition.

But since it was John, Joy was beyond thrilled. In truth, Joy had long regarded John as her man inwardly.

It was just that John didn’t take the initiative, and so, Joy felt too embarrassed to make that final move.

“My dear, it’s been several days now, haven’t you and John slept together?” Gael was getting somewhat anxious as he directed his question at Joy.

“Dad,” she protested, “I can’t possibly be the one to initiate, can I? John should be the one to take the lead, not me, a girl!” With her face flushed in embarrassment, Joy exclaimed.

“Young lady, what’s wrong with taking the initiative? Happiness is something you have to fight for yourself. Today, it’s crucial that you go to John’s room. I’ll only be at ease once things are set in stone.” Gael urged Joy.

Joy nodded, it seemed she had to be the one to take the initiative.

In the evening, as John was slowly drifting off to sleep, he heard the soft sound of the room door being nudged open.

Without needing to look, John knew who it was, so he pretended to be asleep.

However, at that moment, John’s heart was also pounding wildly.

During this period, with no one by his side, John felt a certain emptiness.

Joy walked up to John’s bed, only to find him asleep. She couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

After a great deal of hesitation, Joy removed her clothes and slowly laid down. No sooner had she lay down on the bed, than John suddenly rolled over.

Joy was startled. “You’re still awake…”

“Joy, without you, how can I possibly sleep…”

After John finished speaking, he leaned in to kiss Joy.

The night blossomed with fervent passion. John was in high spirits, unable to help but wonder how many men had spent sleepless nights because of her.

The goddess of his heart was no more!

Under John’s nurturing, Joy became even more alluring. However, the day after John had spent the night with Joy, he received a message from Polar through the communication device.

It was only then that John realized, to his surprise, that the Imperial Fox City had been breached by the Foster family. Thankfully, Phoenix and the others were unharmed and had managed to escape to Epea.

Otherwise, John would have immediately set off back to Imperial Fox City.

However, even so, John had no intention of letting the Foster family off the hook. The Foster family was nothing more than a pawn of the Demon Seal Alliance, a cat’s-paw. It was the perfect opportunity for John to annihilate the Foster family and strike a blow to the Demon Seal Alliance.

By now, John was a Sixth Level Tribulator, and he was certain he would be able to take down even an Ultimate Realm Level One.

The immediate priority for John was to search for resources and quickly enhance his strength.

Only when his strength was truly formidable then he could running away from the Demon Seal Alliance. By then, he would be able to trample the Demon Seal Alliance underfoot, treating them as mere ants!

Chapter 4089 Bearer Of Divine Markings

By now, John had completely taken control of Violet Flame Sect. He believed that if he could push Carlos to the position of leader in Duad Formation Sect, then that sect would also be at his disposal.

With the added assistance of the Max family from the Central Region, John, in collaboration with these individuals, should have no trouble dealing with the Foster family.

John couldn’t always be on the run. When necessary, he needed to show his strength too. When evening came, John received a notification from Carlos, providing him with an address.

He told John to wait for him at that address.

Without any hesitation, John went. He wasn’t afraid that Carlos would trick him or set up an ambush. Because Carlos was not foolish, in fact, he was extremely wise.

Hence, a wise person would never act in such a way!

Following the directions given by Carlos, John arrived at a small hill, located a great distance, akin to a thousand miles, from Violet Flame Sect.

The environment up in the mountains was splendid, incomparably better than the scorching desert lands of Violet Flame Sect.

By the time John arrived, Carlos had already been waiting for him.

“I’ve already tried to approach the bearer of divine markings, but he refuses to meet with outsiders. The only way you can meet the bearer of divine markings is by pretending to join our sect. I can be your guide. With your mastery of array craft, you would be more than capable of joining our sect. You can keep using the strategy you used at Violet Flame Sect to help me secure the position of Sect Leader at Duad Formation Sect, Carlos said.

“Me? Joining Duad Formation Sect? Wouldn’t I be found out?” John asked out of curiosity.

After all, Duad Formation Sect was filled with array experts, altering one’s aura and appearance to deceive these people was no easy task.

“Don’t worry,” he assured. “No one would dare to mess with those I bring along. I still hold unquestionable authority at the sect.” Carlos was extremely confident.

“Then why do you insist on becoming the sect leader?” John asked curiously.

“Of course it is for the resources. Only as the sect leader do I have the privilege to refine the divine markings and distribute the blood emeralds. Even though I currently have the power to command anyone from the sect, I simply do not have control over the allocation of resources, Carlos explained.

John knew everyone was after the resources, as they were of utmost importance in the Ethereal Realm.

Being able to command an army of thousands paled in comparison to owning a vast expanse of resource area.

“All right, I’ll do it.” John nodded.

Seeing John agree so swiftly, Carlo couldn’t help but express his curiosity. “You agreed so quickly. Aren’t you afraid that once we get to Duad Formation Sect I might just capture you and hand you over to the Demon Seal Alliance?”

Now that Carlo had discovered John’s true identity, it was peculiar to him that John still dared to agree.

“Hahaha, you’re a smart one, I believe you wouldn’t do such a thing. Besides, I am absolutely confident that if you try to lay a hand on me, I can kill you all.” John laughed heartily, his eyes brimming with confidence.

Seeing the confidence radiating from John, all Carlos could do was let out a bitter laugh.

He had witnessed with his own eyes as John triumphed over Bobby and used the demonic soul within his body to vanquish Antoine, Ghost Face Sect’s leader.

He even went as far as stepping on Garry, making him too intimidated to step out of line.

With this kind of strength, even if one were truly to go all out, Duad Formation Sect might not necessarily have the capability to capture John, especially given the strength of John’s array craft.

Reflecting on the moment when John forcefully shattered his Blood Cage, Carlos was genuinely terrified.

“I need the position of the Sect Leader, not the hundred-year offering to the Demon Seal Alliance. We’re both smart, we know what we can take and what we can’t. If one insists on reaching beyond their capabilities, the outcome would be similar to the fate of Garry and Bobby, ending up with nothing,” Carlos said with a smile.

Chapter 4090 Escape

Listening to Carlos, John couldn’t help but feel a sense of admiration. This guy was not only smart but also content, aware of what he could achieve.

The position of the sect leader of Duad Formation Sect was something that could be vied for, but the hundred-year offering to the Demon-Sealing Alliance was something that Carlos neither desired, nor had the strength to claim.

“Let’s go…” John planned to accompany Carlos to Duad Formation Sect.

No sooner had John’s words fallen, than an eerie presence suddenly enveloped them from above.

John was taken aback, he had been so sure that Carlo wouldn’t dare to deceive him, yet he was caught off guard so quickly.

“You dare to deceive me…”

John’s eyes were wide open, his face utterly bewildered by Carlos’s actions.

“No no, this is…”

Carlos was also wide-eyed in shock, his words abruptly cut off as several beams of light swiftly struck his body.

With a roll of his eyes, Carlos passed out right then and there.

Upon witnessing this scene, John was taken aback. He had initially thought that the tactics employed were set up by Carlos specifically against him.

However, the fact that this arcane array was directly targeting Carlos left John somewhat baffled.

“Who’s there? Show yourself if you dare.”

At this moment, John was actually quite unsettled. The other party had silently set up an arcane array above their heads, and they didn’t even notice it.

What was even more terrifying was that John couldn’t even catch a glimpse of the other person’s figure.

As he spoke, an eye began to form on John’s forehead. He used the Nethersky Eye to check out his surroundings.

John wanted to see what method the other party was using that made them unable to see. It couldn’t have been a mere Invisibility Technique. If it were, there would be no way to conceal their aura.

It was possible to perceive through one’s aura, the Invisibility Technique could only deceive the eyes, but it was utterly incapable of fooling one’s spiritual sense.

Accompanying his lack of action, John surprisingly discovered a strangely shaped charm floating above his head. John seized it with all his might, and then a surge of intense flame rose up, turning the charm into ashes.

However, something peculiar struck John. After the charm turned into ashes, those ashes slowly fell down, only to transform back into a charm.

John’s internal flame turned out to be in vain. He failed to destroy the charm.

With furrowed brows, his heart grew increasingly uneasy.

At the same time, a surge of internal flame erupted from his palm, filling the area several feet in front of him with internal flame.

With the fire fusion technique, the power of John’s internal flame had significantly increased.

However, it was now so peculiar that not even a single charm could be burned.

As he fired the internal flame, John also heightened his alertness.

“You punk, are you trying to burn me alive?” As an ancient voice echoed, the surrounding internal flame were extinguished.

An elderly man with a slight hunchback appeared, wrapped entirely in an orange garment. The attire was adorned with various unique charms.

“Who are you?”

Upon seeing the old man, John instantly became alert and questioned.

Unconsciously, John had drawn his Dragonslayer Sword, his eyes narrowing as if he were facing a formidable foe.

“Don’t be so tense,” he said. “If I had wanted to kill you, wouldn’t those rays of divine light have struck you just now? I just wanted to have a chat,” the old man said with a chuckle.

John remained on edge, glancing at the unconscious Carlos. Then he asked, “Do you hold a grudge against Duad Formation Sect?”

John had assumed that the old man was an enemy of Duad Formation Sect, which was why he had attacked Carlos.

“How can that be? I never hold grudges against anyone,” the old man exclaimed.

As John spoke, he simultaneously retreated.

The old man before him undoubtedly possessed an inscrutable strength that left him somewhat perplexed.

Particularly the art of that arcane array, John knew he simply couldn’t replicate the charms he had just seen.

For now, it didn’t matter who this old man was, John decided to make a run for it first.

The old man seemed to have discerned John’s intentions. With a casual wave of his hand, the entire hilltop was instantly enveloped by an arcane array, effectively blocking off John’s escape route.