The Dragon Man's Decree - Translated by GILY

Author: Unknown
Type: Action and Adventure
Posted : 07 October 2023

Synopsis
John White is furious that someone has tried to make an advance on his girlfriend. In the end, he ends up behind bars after his attempt to protect her. Three years later, he is a free man but finds out that that girlfriend of his has married the man who hit on her back then. John will not let things slide. Thankfully, he has learned Focus Technique during his time in prison. At that, he embarks on the journey of cultivation and is accompanied by a gorgeous Miranda. Who would have thought this would enrage his ex-girlfriend?
20151117173447-prision-jail-man-inmate-under-arrest.jpeg

Chapter 4091 Blazing Stride

Upon seeing the elder effectively block off all surrounding paths, John’s face instantly turned incredibly grim.

Why block off all my escape routes if you don’t have ulterior motives?

“Blazing Stride!”

John deployed his Blazing Stride, intending to escape from this place. Even if all routes around him were blocked, the Blazing Stride possessed the ability to leap through space.

Although John’s ability to teleport was limited in distance at the time, it was still more than enough to escape this blockade.

If the space that was sealed off was vast, then John’s Blazing Stride would have been rendered useless.

Luckily, the old man had only blocked off the mountain top. What he hadn’t anticipated was that John still had the Blazing Stride at his disposal.

Upon witnessing John’s sudden disappearance, the old man was clearly taken aback.

“Quite intriguing, he actually know such tactics.” After the old man finished speaking, he casually reached out and grabbed the air.

Countless divine markings emerged from the palm of his hand, subsequently hovering all around the heavens and the earth.

The entire mountain was shrouded in divine markings. When John’s Blazing Stride suddenly flashed out, it felt as if he was being pulled by an unseen force.

As John’s figure reappeared, he found himself surprisingly standing still, with the old man grinning as he watched him.

At this point, John was somewhat baffled.

He had clearly unleashed the Blazing Stride just a moment ago, so why hadn’t he moved at all?

“I’m not going to harm you, why are you running away?”

The old man gave a slight smile, then with a casual wave of his hand, a multitude of divine markings headed straight toward John.

Upon seeing the situation, John’s internal flame surged forth instantaneously, transforming him into a human torch.

Because whether it was runes or charms, they were all fearful of fire.

Yet, when those divine markings encountered John’s internal flame, they didn’t hesitate for a moment. Instantly, they enveloped John.

John’s brow was furrowed in concentration. Under the veil of darkness, all the divine markings were clearly visible to him, clustered together as thick as a swarm of moths.

John was quickly deciphering the divine markings on his body with his fingers, all the while steadily retreating backward.

These divine markings didn’t possess substantial offensive power, and breaking them was quite straightforward.

However, such a large scale of divine markings, densely packed like locusts, even if they were simple, it was hard for the average person to withstand.

John’s forehead was already slick with cold sweat. Fortunately, thanks to the aid of the Nethersky Eye, John could clearly discern the trajectory of the divine markings.

His movements became increasingly swift, until at last, he stood completely still, his hands creating a mere blur with their speed.

One by one, the divine markings before John were shattered.

The old man gazed at John, his eyes instantly lighting up. “This young man indeed has some skills, no wonder Carlos was so insistent on recommending him to me. Quite interesting indeed.”

After the old man finished speaking, his yellow robe suddenly billowed out. The intricate patterns on his robe transformed in an instant, forming a cage that immediately ensnared John.

At this point, John was unable to break free from the cage.

“Who are you, really? Why have you trapped me? If you’re thinking of capturing me and presenting me to the Demon Seal Alliance for a reward, you might as well give up that notion. If I were to get angry, this pathetic thing of yours wouldn’t be able to hold me back.” John cast a cool gaze at the old man.

John simply didn’t want to resort to using the Vermilion Demon Lord. If he were to surrender control of his body to the Vermilion Demon Lord, this cage wouldn’t be able to confine him.

However, in doing so, John feared he might suffer severe harm himself. There was a real risk that his physical body could be destroyed completely.

“Hahaha, such audacity, but I like it.” The old man burst into hearty laughter, with a casual wave of his hand, all the divine markings and the cage vanished.

Upon realizing that the old man truly bore no malice, John heaved a sigh of relief.

“Weren’t you after the core essence of the Duad Formation Sect’s arcane array? What I just demonstrated was the very essence of it. Have you managed to learn it?” The corner of the old man’s mouth lifted slightly as he asked with a smile.

John was taken aback, but quickly recovered and asked, “Could it be that you are the bearer of divine markings of Duad Formation Sect?”

Thanks a lot immortal @Gily for the abundant resources. While I was extremely glad that Miranda was mentioned and John still holding on to the promise that he will Marry Miranda, I became little sad we lost Joy to the sex sect. But it was already expected so not a big deal i guess. Ig is also great to see that John had advanced to six level. My guess is that until he becomes 8th level, i don't think he will face the demon seal alliance head on. But they have been a big nuisance to him for a while. The more and more John advances, the power and level of opponents also increase as we have already seen that the level of the ghost sect leader is ultimate realm level 3. Exciting times and once again we are grateful to you immortal @Gily.

Upon seeing the elder effectively block off all surrounding paths, John’s face instantly turned incredibly grim.

“Blazing Stride!”

John deployed his Blazing Stride, intending to escape from this place. Even if all routes around him were blocked, the Blazing Stride possessed the ability to leap through space.

Although John’s ability to teleport was limited in distance at the time, it was still more than enough to escape this blockade.

If the space that was sealed off was vast, then John’s Blazing Stride would have been rendered useless.

Luckily, the old man had only blocked off the mountain top. What he hadn’t anticipated was that John still had the Blazing Stride at his disposal.

Upon witnessing John’s sudden disappearance, the old man was clearly taken aback.

“Quite intriguing, he actually know such tactics.” After the old man finished speaking, he casually reached out and grabbed the air.

Countless divine markings emerged from the palm of his hand, subsequently hovering all around the heavens and the earth.

The entire mountain was shrouded in divine markings. When John’s Blazing Stride suddenly flashed out, it felt as if he was being pulled by an unseen force.

As John’s figure reappeared, he found himself surprisingly standing still, with the old man grinning as he watched him.

He had clearly unleashed the Blazing Stride just a moment ago, so why hadn’t he moved at all?

The old man gave a slight smile, then with a casual wave of his hand, a multitude of divine markings headed straight toward John.

Upon seeing the situation, John’s internal flame surged forth instantaneously, transforming him into a human torch.

Yet, when those divine markings encountered John’s internal flame, they didn’t hesitate for a moment. Instantly, they enveloped John.

John’s brow was furrowed in concentration. Under the veil of darkness, all the divine markings were clearly visible to him, clustered together as thick as a swarm of moths.

John was quickly deciphering the divine markings on his body with his fingers, all the while steadily retreating backward.

These divine markings didn’t possess substantial offensive power, and breaking them was quite straightforward.

However, such a large scale of divine markings, densely packed like locusts, even if they were simple, it was hard for the average person to withstand.

John’s forehead was already slick with cold sweat. Fortunately, thanks to the aid of the Nethersky Eye, John could clearly discern the trajectory of the divine markings.

His movements became increasingly swift, until at last, he stood completely still, his hands creating a mere blur with their speed.

The old man gazed at John, his eyes instantly lighting up. “This young man indeed has some skills, no wonder Carlos was so insistent on recommending him to me. Quite interesting indeed.”

After the old man finished speaking, his yellow robe suddenly billowed out. The intricate patterns on his robe transformed in an instant, forming a cage that immediately ensnared John.

“Who are you, really? Why have you trapped me? If you’re thinking of capturing me and presenting me to the Demon Seal Alliance for a reward, you might as well give up that notion. If I were to get angry, this pathetic thing of yours wouldn’t be able to hold me back.” John cast a cool gaze at the old man.

John simply didn’t want to resort to using the Vermilion Demon Lord. If he were to surrender control of his body to the Vermilion Demon Lord, this cage wouldn’t be able to confine him.

However, in doing so, John feared he might suffer severe harm himself. There was a real risk that his physical body could be destroyed completely.

“Hahaha, such audacity, but I like it.” The old man burst into hearty laughter, with a casual wave of his hand, all the divine markings and the cage vanished.

Upon realizing that the old man truly bore no malice, John heaved a sigh of relief.

“Weren’t you after the core essence of the Duad Formation Sect’s arcane array? What I just demonstrated was the very essence of it. Have you managed to learn it?” The corner of the old man’s mouth lifted slightly as he asked with a smile.

John was taken aback, but quickly recovered and asked, “Could it be that you are the bearer of divine markings of Duad Formation Sect?”
This story never disappoints. Thanks immortal Gily

“Blazing Stride!”

The best of them all @Gily. Always making me wanting for more. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Chapter 4092 Aura Of A Celestial Realm

“Indeed, I am the bearer of divine markings of Duad Formation Sect. Carlos recommended you to me. He was singing your praises so highly that I thought he was just bragging. I didn’t expect you to actually have some skills, so Carlos hadn’t lied. But he was right about one thing, though. The core essence of Duad Formation Sect’s arcane array is something we can never share with outsiders. However, to have you consider Carlos as your mentor and to let him lead you into Duad Formation Sect? He’s hardly worthy. I can be your mentor, so you can pledge your allegiance to me now,” Divinus said, his face beaming with a smile.

John gazed at Carlo, who was unconscious, as he asked in confusion, “Given that you’re the esteemed array runes master of Duad Formation Sect, why would you turn against your own disciples?”

“Because I didn’t want him to know that the two of us met for a chat! I’ve told him before that I have absolutely no interest in you and I don’t want to see you. I certainly can’t embarrass myself and give Carlos something to laugh at!” Divinus explained.

It was then that John understood. It turned out that Carlos had mentioned John to Divinus, but the latter showed no interest.

Only then did Carlos invite John and explained the situation. His intention was to persuade John to join Duad Formation Sect and gradually learn about the array runes.

Little did he know, Divinus had already taken an interest in John, and had silently approached, keeping a close watch on them all along.

John and Carlos were completely unaware of that, only realizing there was someone else present when Divinus made his move.

“If you want me to become your apprentice, then you must be truly skilled. That move you just pulled only worked because I simply wasn’t interested in a fight. If I were to use all the resources at my disposal, your so-called divine markings wouldn’t stand a chance against me,” John stated coldly.

He wasn’t about to just casually accept someone as his mentor. After all, John had many tricks up his sleeve that he hadn’t yet revealed.

For example, he had Divine Bow, Dragon Bell, Celestial Devourer, Divine Flame Seal, demonic fire soul essence, Nine Shadows sword technique, Thunder Palm, Sacred Light Fist, and his own time nascence, Immortal’s Pointer.

Most importantly, he had Vermilion Demon Lord in his consciousness field.

John hadn’t used any of these moves yet. If it really came down to a life or death situation, then he would have unleashed them all.

“For a Sixth Level Tribulator, you sure have a big mouth. Do you realize how many people have cried and pleaded, bowing their heads to me, begging to become my apprentice? However, I didn’t see any of them as worthy. And yet, here you are, questioning my true abilities. Isn’t it the demonic soul in your consciousness field that you rely on? What if I make it impossible for that demon spirit to merge with your body? What tricks would you have left, then?”

After Divinus finished speaking, he lightly pointed his finger. Instantly, a golden spiritual thread bound John.

John was startled and tried to break free, but he simply couldn’t do so.

“Stop struggling. This geezer has some tricks up his sleeve. The divine markings he just used carries the aura of a celestial realm array master. It’s no wonder they refer to him as the bearer of divine markings. It’s quite possible that he learned these techniques from someone in the celestial realm, or maybe he is from there himself,” said Vermilion Demon Lord.

“What? He’s from the celestial realm?” John’s face was filled with astonishment.

“Perhaps he’s a divine soul that fell into Ethereal Realm and found a physical form. This is just one possibility, though. You shouldn’t worry too much about it. Since this geezer means you no harm, you should go with him,” Vermilion Demon Lord advised John.

John was at a loss for words. Given the current situation, he had no choice but to go with Divinus.

John then left with Divinus, leaving Carlo, who was still unconscious on the ground, behind.

“Elder Divinus, your disciple is still unconscious here. Aren’t you going to do something about it?” John asked.

“He’ll wake up soon, so there’s no need to worry.”

Divinus couldn’t care less about Carlos.

Chapter 4093 Little White Mouse

John had no choice but to reluctantly go with Divinus. He had no idea where Divinus was taking him. Suddenly, he felt like a lamb to the slaughter.

They soon arrived at a dilapidated hut. The hut had three rooms and was so rundown that it looked worse than a dog’s kennel.

The sunlight managed to pierce through the roof, illuminating the room within.

Upon entering, John saw that the inside was even more pitifully shabby, barely fit for human habitation. Could anyone actually live here?

“Elder Divinus, don’t tell me you live here?”

John’s face was filled with surprise.

After all, Divinus was the bearer of divine markings of Duad Formation Sect. It wasn’t necessary for him to live in a grand and opulent palace, but he certainly deserved his own respectable residence.

What’s with these huts? Is Duad Formation Sect really this poor?

“What’s wrong? Think this place is too shabby? Let me tell you, the elders and the sect leader of Duad Formation Sect have always begged to stay here, but I didn’t allow them to come. It’s more peaceful here, and no one disturbs my cultivation. We’re both cultivators, so don’t get too hung up on external factors!” Divinus said.

It’s fine not to get too hung up, but couldn’t it have been handled a little better?

John was simply at a loss for words.

John gazed at the hut and asked, “Do you plan on having me stay here and cultivate with you?”

“No. It’s you who needs to train here. I have other things to do, so I don’t have the time to keep you company, Divinus replied.

Upon hearing this, John became agitated. “You took me as your apprentice, but you’re not teaching me anything? You’re just leaving me here? Is this your idea of mentorship?”

“Be patient. Now that I’ve taken you under my wing, I will certainly teach you,” Divinus assured him.

He then pulled a small white mouse from his sleeve, gently stroked it and said, “Stay here and teach your junior well…”

After speaking, Divinus released the little white mouse.

John was so exasperated that he rolled his eyes. “Are you kidding me? You’re letting a rat teach me about divine markings?”

At that point, he somewhat regretted leaving with Divinus.

I’m going to be taught by a mouse? What is this?

“What are you saying? This is your senior, Mickey Whitehall. When I was in training, it was Mickey who always accompanied me. You simply can’t compare with the divine markings it has learned over the years.”

Once Divinus finished speaking, he told the little white mouse, “Set up an arcane array around the house. He can only leave once he has mastered it.”

The little white mouse gave a nod, then was seen sprinting away swiftly.

Swiftly, bright divine markings emerged, and soon, the entire hut was enveloped in an arcane array. Upon seeing the situation, John was completely dumbfounded.

Array masters were quite the rarity in Ethereal Realm.

But now, even a mouse had learned to set up arcane arrays.

“Focus on learning from your senior. Only by mastering and breaking this arcane array can you leave this place. Otherwise, you’ll be trapped here for the rest of your life!”

Divinus then turned and left after saying that.

“Don’t go! I……..“

John yearned to rush out, but the moment he reached the doorway, a tremendous force sent him flying right back.

John tried seeking the core of the arcane array, hoping to break through it and make his exit.

I can’t believe he’d make me learn divine markings from a mouse! What a joke!

However, despite John’s relentless efforts, he was unable to break through the arcane array.

The little white mouse leaped onto the table, squeaking incessantly as if it was taunting John.

“You dare mock me again? See if I don’t squash you!”

Upon seeing the situation, John aimed a slap towards the little white mouse.

However, when John struck out with his palm, the little white mouse shimmered with a golden light and subsequently transformed into a man in his thirties.

“John, you actually dared to lay a hand on your senior? Be careful; I might just tell Master and make sure you pay for this!” Mickey said.

Upon seeing the little white mouse transform into a human form, John quickly withdrew his hand. He hadn’t expected that this little white mouse could actually transform.

“I apologize, Mickey. I didn’t think you could actually transform,” John said awkwardly.

Chapter 4094 Grand Arcane Array

“While Master was cultivating here, I’ve been secretly learning from him for over a century. Fortunately, Master is a kind-hearted man. When he found out I was learning behind his back, he didn’t blame me. Instead, he took me in as his disciple. Otherwise, there’s no way I could have taken a human form. At most, I would have been just a demon mouse, never knowing when I might be killed by someone.

Since Master entrusted you to me, you must commit to your cultivation and not even think of slacking off. Only when you can break through the surrounding arcane array will you be able to leave this place!” Mickey told John.

“Got it!” John realized that he couldn’t escape from this place, so he decided to focus on learning the divine markings technique.

John was seated cross-legged, while Mickey explained to him the ancient method of inscribing divine markings.

Listening to Mickey’s explanation, John gradually discovered that these ancient divine markings were distinctly different from the ordinary array runes.

Seeing John’s earnest attention, Mickey gave a satisfied nod and explained meticulously, “The unique aspect of divine markings is that it doesn’t rely on a cultivator’s spiritual energy to be inscribed and used to lay out a grand arcane array. Even an ordinary person who understands the art of divine markings could inscribe them. The activation of these divine markings doesn’t require spiritual energy as a medium. What it needs is one’s own divine soul. I’m going to teach you how to inscribe divine markings now. You must control your consciousness and remember not to use your spiritual energy. You need to focus all your awareness on this divine marking. Envision yourself as a part of the divine marking, as if the entire arcane array is a part of your own body. Don’t perceive these divine markings as weapons to ward off enemies. Instead, consider them as part of your own body.”

John listened attentively, repeatedly reciting Mickey’s words in his mind several times.

After he finished speaking, Mickey waved his hand, and a yellow cloth appeared before John, its length reaching three meters and its width reaching about one meter.

“This carries divine markings. You can base your practice on them.”

After he finished speaking, Mickey’s figure vanished, transforming back into his original form of a small white mouse. Then, with a squeak, he left the hut.

John gazed at the large piece of yellow cloth. It was indeed adorned with numerous divine markings. Each pattern was not particularly large, yet it was intricately filled with countless tiny lines. Each line seemed to be interconnected, as if following some sort of rule.

John scrutinized it carefully, his heart pounding with each passing moment. He discovered that each divine marking on the yellow cloth represented an individual arcane array. Astonishingly, the entire collection of symbols on the cloth formed a much larger arcane array.

In other words, a grand arcane array was made up of numerous smaller arcane arrays. And within these smaller arcane arrays, even smaller arcane arrays existed.

Cracking this kind of arcane array would probably be extremely difficult.

The complexity of the divine markings surpassed John’s understanding, yet he had no intention of giving up.

Following the patterns on the yellow cloth, John began to inscribe slowly. Discarding all distractions, he focused solely on his task, inscribing the patterns over and over again.

As time slipped away, John had long since lost track of it.

After an indeterminable amount of time, John finally managed to replicate all the intricate patterns on the yellow cloth.

At this moment, John felt as if all his strength had been drained from his body.

Though he wasn’t using his spiritual energy, the intense concentration of his spirit left John feeling incredibly drained.

The moment John relaxed, he collapsed to the ground.

He was no longer concerned about whether the hut was dilapidated or not.

Gazing at the translucent roof, and the multitude of stars outside, John lay there in tranquility.

However, it didn’t take long for John to realize that those flickering lights outside the rooftop were not a myriad of stars, but rather pairs of eyes.

These eyes began to turn crimson and appeared to be suspended in mid-air. No bodies could be seen, only pairs of eyes, seemingly staring at John through the gaps.

John furrowed his brows, quickly rising to his feet to take a closer look.

Chapter 4095 Pairs Of Eyes

The pairs of eyes constantly moved closer to John inside the hut, filling the entire space with a subtle red glow.

As these eyes steadily drew closer, the arcane array around the hut was activated, and streams of light enveloped the hut.

Upon seeing the activated array, these guys didn’t dare to approach any further.

They simply kept his gaze fixed on John, making John’s scalp tingle with unease.

However, the presence of that arcane array gave John a momentary relief. After all, he was still unaware of who these numerous pairs of crimson eyes truly belonged to.

If they were merely demon beasts, then John wouldn’t have been afraid. But if they were Demonic Cultivators, especially powerful ones, then that would have been a problem.

But after a while, these guys didn’t dare to come any closer, proving that the arcane array indeed struck fear into them.

Upon witnessing this scene, John decided to forget about them. After taking a deep breath, he resumed his practice of inscribing the divine markings.

With each repetition of his inscription, John became increasingly proficient. Moreover, the speed at which the second hundred inscriptions were completed was noticeably faster than the first round.

At that moment, not only did John need to focus intensely, but he also had to withstand the loneliness.

Doing the same thing over and over again would drive many people insane.

John had lost count of how many times he had painstakingly inscribed the mystical patterns, and even more so, the number of days and nights that had passed. But once he completed the intricate design in one breath, the little white mouse appeared again.

Mickey, who had transformed from a little white mouse, asked John, “How are you feeling, John?”

“I’m getting much better at this,” John said with a slight smile. However, he soon posed a question, “When I was engraving the array runes, I noticed pairs of intense red eyes watching me from outside. Do you have any idea what that could be?”

Upon hearing this, Mickey’s brows slightly furrowed. However, they quickly relaxed as he said, “There’s no need to fear, John. We are protected by an arcane array, and nothing can break through it. You should just focus on inscribing the array runes. By the way,” he said, “Master sent me to bring you two Soulbind Herbs. They can assist you in refining your divine soul and are beneficial for inscribing array runes!”

Mickey then handed John two stalks of mystical herbs, which appeared to be extremely precious.

“Please convey my thanks to Master for me, Mickey.”

Without any hesitation, John tucked away the mystical herbs.

As if he was in a bit of a hurry, Mickey didn’t say anything further and left swiftly.

John knew that Mickey must have recognized what those pairs of eyes were. Perhaps he didn’t say anything because he was afraid it would scare him and affect his mental state.

Regardless of what it was, it had no impact on John. All John needed to do was focus on inscribing the divine markings.

Sitting quietly, John had refined the two Soulbind Herbs.

After Mickey had left, his body vanished in an instant.

Quickly, he appeared at the peak of a mountain, and Divinus was atop this mountain as well.

“Master, the array demons did show up just as you predicted! However, they were held back by the arcane array and didn’t make any drastic moves,” Mickey exclaimed in surprise.

“I knew these guys wouldn’t give up easily. This time, we absolutely can’t let them escape,” Divinus said with a faint smile on his face.

“Master, how could you be so certain that John would be able to attract Hellion’s guys?” Mickey asked in confusion.

“Because his bloodline is unlike any of ours. His constant inscribing of array runes would undoubtedly be sensed by Hellion’s men. Moreover, they would risk everything for this unique bloodline, which is also an opportunity for us!” Divinus explained.

“True, I sensed it too. John surprisingly carries several auras within him. The demons, the human race, and even the beast race. It’s so peculiar. How can one person possibly embody the aura of three different races at the same time?” Mickey said.

Divinus merely chuckled without uttering another word.

Chapter 4096 Soulbind Herb

At that time, John was utterly oblivious, diligently inscribing the divine markings and continuously utilizing his divine soul to sense everything.

Initially, John was copying slavishly. However, the John of now was different. He was simultaneously inscribing divine markings and unraveling the mysteries within them.

He knew that once he merged with the divine markings, he would have succeeded.

However, he had no idea when he would attain success, so all he could do was double his efforts.

He couldn’t afford to be stuck in this place for too long, he still had a multitude of tasks to accomplish.

Moreover, Catlin and Phoenix had been driven out of Imperial Fox City to Epea. Who knew what the situation was like out there?

What if they ran into danger?

Now that they were all John’s women, he wouldn’t tolerate any harm coming their way.

After countless attempts at inscribing the divine markings, John was resting in his thatched hut when those crimson eyes appeared once more. This time, however, there was an unmistakable hint of strangeness in those fiery red orbs.

The surrounding arcane array activated, isolating these pairs of eyes from the inside.

John was deeply puzzled, wondering what on earth was it that seemed to be constantly fixated on him.

John tried to discern the other party’s appearance using his Nethersky Eye, but to his surprise, even the Nethersky Eye was unable to penetrate the surrounding arcane array.

It must be admitted, the power of these divine markings arcane array was truly impressive, far surpassing the arcane arrays inscribed with spiritual energy.

John simply closed his eyes, choosing to shut it all out. He decided to take a good rest before continuing inscribing the divine markings.

With each inscription, John’s understanding of the divine markings deepened.

Furthermore, due to the influence of the Soulbind Herb, John felt a significant increase in his spiritual power. Each time he inscribed, he deliberately infused his spiritual power slowly into the divine markings.

At that point, John felt an emerging sense of merging with the divine markings. Every time he inscribed one, it felt as if the divine markings was a part of his own veins. The flow of power within the divine markings was akin to the circulation of blood within him.

The connections between each divine markings gradually began to clear up. Some markings that seemed unrelated on the surface were, in fact, intricately linked as if countless capillaries connected them.

At that moment, the divine markings no longer seemed like an inanimate object, but rather a living, breathing entity with flesh and blood. However, John had not yet fully assimilated and mastered it, so all he could perceive was just a fraction of its essence.

After an indeterminate amount of time, Mickey returned. This time, he didn’t bring any medicinal herbs. Instead, he brought a jar of fine wine and some food.

Even though people like John had reached a level where they didn’t need to eat or drink, indulging in wine and meat wasn’t about satisfying hunger or thirst-it was about chasing a certain feeling.

“John, let’s take a break,” he suggested. “Our Master sent me with some fine wine and good meat. Let’s enjoy them together.”

Mickey placed the food and wine on the worn- out table.

John nodded, then began to eat and drink with Mickey.

Even though they hadn’t met many times, John found himself quite fond of this so-called senior standing before him.

Through their conversation, John learned that his senior, once a mere lab rat, had been named by Divinus.

“Mickey, do you have any idea how Carlos is doing?” John asked.

John was worried about Carlos as he had given his word to help him become the sect leader. In return, he was supposed to receive the blood emerald.

If Carlos grew impatient and took matters into his own hands, how would John be able to get the blood emerald then?

“You’re still thinking about the blood emerald, aren’t you, John?” Mickey laughed.

John was taken aback, then said awkwardly, “Mickey, how did you come to know all this?”

“Hahaha, none of the affairs of the Duad Formation Sect escape the discerning eyes of our master. But rest assured, Carlos is doing well. For now, focus all your energy on studying the divine markings. Once you achieve great success and leave this place, all you need to do is speak up about the matters of the Duad Formation Sect,” Mickey said with a hearty laugh.

Chapter 4097 Pairs Of Crimson Eyes

Upon hearing this, John let out an awkward laugh. As the bearer of divine markings of Duad Formation Sect, it should be quite easy for him to appoint a new sect leader. He couldn’t believe he had been needlessly worrying.

After spending a considerable amount of time chatting with Mickey, John’s respect for his senior grew immensely.

Despite seemingly emerging from the form of a tiny white mouse, Mickey possessed a wealth of knowledge. He understood both profound and simple truths, and when he spoke, he made complete sense.

No one would guess that he used to be a mouse; he seemed more like a sage who had attained enlightenment.

After their conversation, Mickey departed. Vermilion Demon Lord then spoke up. “To be able to guide a mere mouse to such a level, it seems your so-called master really does have some skills. I’m certain this guy has ties with the celestial realm. Either his mentor is from there, or he himself hails from there, trapped within the Ethereal Realm. Given the level of cultivation and understanding of those in the Ethereal Realm, it is impossible for them to comprehend such matters, let alone reach such a level of enlightenment.”

Upon hearing the words of the Vermilion Demon Lord, John became quite intrigued by the mysterious Divinus. Unfortunately, his interactions with Divinus had been rather limited.

It was mostly Mickey who interacted with him.

Moreover, the existence of the blood emerald, a celestial object, at Duad Formation Sect further solidified the claim that the bearer of divine markings was indeed from the celestial realm.

John didn’t take much of a break, he continued to work on inscribing the divine markings. Only after truly mastering the markings and refining them could he leave this place.

As for those pairs of crimson eyes, they continued to appear. However, John simply chose to ignore them.

John had his entire focus on crafting the array runes. His mind was constantly filled with the radiant flow of divine markings, imagining himself merging into one with them.

As John continued his meticulous work, he no longer needed to look at the yellow cloth; the divine markings came to him with ease.

Meanwhile, atop a certain hill under a pitch- black night sky devoid of stars, the venerable Divinus gazed toward the thatched hut, his crimson eyes emerging once again.

Mickey stood next to Divinus, asking with a hint of curiosity. “Master, do you really think John can master the divine markings? If he truly does and leaves the thatched hut, I fear he might not be able to handle Hellion’s men.”

“You needn’t worry about that,” said Divinus. “If he can’t handle the likes of Hellion, even mastering the divine markings would be pointless. Those who are useless are only fit to be bait.”

“Master, you mentioned that John possesses talents surpassing even yours. Could it be possible that he has the ability to activate the Heaven and Earth Array and aid you in your return to the celestial realm?” Mickey continued to ask.

Divinus cast a cold glance at Mickey and spoke impassively. “I understand your ambitions. You too wish to ascend to the celestial realm and achieve immortality. However, remember this, attaining immortality requires your own diligent cultivation. Only by enduring various trials and tribulations can you hope to succeed.

If you try to cut corners and rely on others, even if you manage to ascend, your foundation will be unstable, and it will be difficult to maintain your position. The celestial realm isn’t as wonderful as you might imagine; it can be even more ruthless than this place. Ascending to immortality is just the beginning. Many cultivators who reach that stage fall quickly afterward. In the celestial realm, countless immortals perish daily.

During the Celestial Battle, innumerable immortals and demon lords met their end. I’m not sure how many celestial beings are trapped in the Ethereal Realm, but it’s certainly more than a few.

Some have found ways to return from the dead, others have survived as soul remnants, and some, with diminished powers, have chosen to fade into the background. Inside John’s mind, there exists a celestial demonic soul. I just don’t know its identity.”

Chapter 4098 Heaven and Earth Array

Mickey listened quietly to the tales of the celestial realm. He had lost count of how many times he had heard these stories.

It was clear that Divinus deeply missed the celestial realm. He yearned to return, but sadly, he was never able to.

“Master, I’ve always been curious,” Mickey asked. “Is the body you’re in now one you’ve taken over, or is it your original one?”

Divinus glanced at Mickey, a faint smile on his lips. “After all these years of cultivating under my guidance, do you think this physical body is mine?” he responded.

“Yes,” Mickey replied. “I feel as though you’re trapped in the Ethereal Realm, your strength diminishing, and you can’t return to the celestial realm.”

Hearing Mickey’s words, Divinus let out a soft sigh and gazed into the pitch-black night sky. “Somehow, I got caught up in the Celestial Battle. Even now, I can’t figure out why. Years ago, a powerful force sealed off the Ethereal Realm, trapping us all on the battlefield. Those who died, died; those who were injured, stayed injured.

After all these years, our powers from the celestial realm have likely dwindled significantly. The celestial energy here is extremely scarce and not conducive to our cultivation. I know some have tried to break through the Heaven and Earth Array of the Ethereal Realm, seeking alternative ways to return to the celestial realm.

They’ve attempted to tear through the void to other realms, but it’s incredibly difficult. Each realm has its own natural laws and unique seals, almost as if it were divine punishment for the Celestial Battle. Despite years of studying the Heaven and Earth Array, I’ve made no progress, and my strength continues to wane.

I realize now that breaking through the Heaven and Earth Array on my own to return to the celestial realm is nearly impossible. Even though you’re a genius, you unfortunately lack the necessary talent. This crucial task simply can’t fall on your shoulders.”

As Divinus recounted his past, he seemed to have aged significantly all at once.

“Master, you always talk about talent. What exactly is this talent you speak of? Does John possess it?” Mickey asked, clearly puzzled.

Divinus shook his head and said, “Whether or not he has talent is still uncertain. I’m just taking a gamble at this point. In the Ethereal Realm, where array craft is incredibly scarce, John managed to forcefully break free from the Blood Cage, proving he’s no ordinary individual. Talent is innate; it’s not something that can be compensated for with effort alone. How long did it take you to master the art of divine markings to the point where you could inscribe them without needing to look?”

“I’ve been rather slow, it took me almost ten years,” Mickey admitted with an awkward expression.

“But John, in less than three days, he could now inscribe divine markings. That’s what you call talent. It’s not that you didn’t try hard enough, but even the greatest efforts pale in comparison to talent,” Divinus explained.

Listening to the words of Divinus, realization dawned on Mickey.

“Master, you’ve been battling Hellion for so long, what exactly does he want to gain from you?” Mickey asked, puzzled.

Ever since he started following Divinus, he frequently noticed that Hellion’s men were constantly causing trouble for Divinus.

“Hahaha, that old geezer is still trying to compete with me over you all. Back when I took you under my wing, Hellion saw your potential and constantly tried to snatch you away. Now, it’s the same with John. Hellion’s men have been keeping a close watch for days. I’m sure they already know I’ve taken on another extraordinarily talented disciple. I’m determined to get under that old geezer’s skin. He’s been at odds with me since our days in the celestial realm, and he’s been competing with me all the way to the Ethereal Realm. He just can’t resist challenging me, no matter where we are.” Divinus burst into hearty laughter.

It was evident that the relationship between Divinus and Hellion wasn’t one of deep-seated hatred or resentment. Instead, it seemed more like two old men engaging in a friendly competition and rivalry.

Chapter 4099 Heaven and Earth Array…

“Master, why didn’t you consider collaborating with Hellion? Perhaps together, you could have broken through the Heaven and Earth Array and return to the celestial realm,” Mickey asked.

“Hmph, how could I possibly collaborate with that old man, he’s not worthy!” Divinus let out a cold snort.

However, as he spoke, his eyes flickered with confusion and regret.

Had they collaborated from the outset, they might have truly had the power to shatter the Heaven and Earth Array.

However, back then, no one would yield, making cooperation impossible.

Now, after so much time and with their strength significantly diminished, even if they were to join forces, breaking the Heaven and Earth Array would be impossible.

“All right, enough talking. I’m going to rest now. Unless Hellion shows up, don’t bother me.” With that, he vanished.

Mickey gazed at the thatched hut not far away, his eyes filled with envy.

Talent truly was something that couldn’t be changed.

Despite that, he felt content. From being a mere mouse, he had transformed into someone who was now envied by many demon beasts.

“John, give it your all,” Mickey said quietly.

Meanwhile, within the thatched hut, John was still diligently inscribing the divine markings.

He had completely stopped caring about those fiery red eyes outside.

No matter what kind of demon beast or demonic cultivator it was, as long as he was protected by the arcane array, he would be safe.

After an indeterminate amount of time, when John opened his eyes, he found that Mickey had already arrived.

“John, you’re truly dedicated. This is something our Master asked me to bring to you.”

As he spoke, Mickey placed some mystical herbs on the table.

“Mickey, I have a question for you,” John said.

“Go ahead, are there parts about the divine markings you still don’t understand?” Mickey asked.

“It’s not that. I’ve already memorized these divine markings and understood them too. All that’s left is to refine my primordial divine markings and merge it with the divine markings. I just wanted to ask, Mickey, is our master from the celestial realm?”

John was curious to find out whether Divinus was truly from the celestial realm or not.

Mickey was taken aback for a moment, then laughed. “John, you’re really asking the obvious. Isn’t there a celestial demonic soul residing in your consciousness field? Wouldn’t he tell you? Regardless of whether the master is from the celestial realm or not, all you need to remember is that he means you no harm. Focus on your cultivation. When the time comes, don’t be swayed by the sweet nothings of others, and let down the expectations Master has for you.”

“Mickey, rest assured,” John declared confidently, patting his chest. “I’m the kind of person who never forgets a favor.”

“That’s good.” Mickey nodded, then glanced at the yellow cloth and asked, “Since you’ve already committed the divine markings to memory, you won’t be needing this yellow cloth inscribed with array runes anymore, right?”

“Right, you can take it away now.” John nodded.

Mickey gave a slight nod, with a wave of his hand, the yellow cloth took flight. However, it didn’t land in Mickey’s hand as expected.

Instead, it draped over John’s body, much like a cloak.

John was somewhat taken aback. As he wondered why Mickey would do such a thing, he suddenly felt an inexplicable surge of energy coursing through his body.

The divine markings on the yellow cloth began to glow.

John hastily closed his eyes, his entire body enveloped by the divine markings.

Mickey cast a glance around, then slowly backed out of the room.

Just as he stepped out of the room, a burst of radiant light shot up into the sky. Its dazzling brilliance pierced the clouds, drawing in the spiritual energy from all directions toward the thatched hut.

Rays of divine light, akin to the rising sun, illuminated the sky.

This kind of spectacle, even from a thousand miles away, could still be seen clearly.

“Indeed, it’s all about talent.”

Mickey was feeling those unusual fluctuations of the universe, constantly muttering the word “talent” under his breath.

John had managed to form his primordial divine markings, and all within just a few short days.

Although it was Mickey who aided John in the final instance, it was indeed John’s own extraordinary talent that made the difference.

Mickey had already noticed that John had reached a crucial moment. Even if Mickey didn’t lend a hand in the end, it wouldn’t take John much longer to refine his own primordial divine markings.

My friends, I will be travelling tonight and be back in 4 days. In mean time I will be posting here about my journey and show you my home town. I currently live in the city but going back to where I was born. Taking the wife and the kids there, as they have not been there.

Apart from these I will see if the author post, so I can also post in here. In mean time stay health. .

My friends, I will be travelling tonight and be back in 4 days. In mean time I will be posting here about my journey and show you my home town. I currently live in the city but going back to where I was born. Taking the wife and the kids there, as they have not been there.

Apart from these I will see if the author post, so I can also post in here. In mean time stay health. .
Save journey immortal Gily and thanks for your work 🙌🙌

Wishing @Gily and family a joyous and memorable trip. Stay safe till you're back. 👋 👋 👋

Thanks a lot immortal @Gily. Wish you and your family safe and enjoyable journey. I could also sense that inner desire of your heart that you are excited to see all your childhood sweethearts. My humble request is also to find out some suitable members for my sect. On a another note, I love travelling and i have visited 22 countries so far but mostly Europe, and North and South America. I am going to work hard and save my ass and plan a trip to Africa and visit you, master King and all the masters from this forum.

Wish you a good and happy journey.. I am happy for your family and I can't wait to hear from you from your hometown.

Thanks a lot immortal @Gily. Wish you and your family safe and enjoyable journey. I could also sense that inner desire of your heart that you are excited to see all your childhood sweethearts. My humble request is also to find out some suitable members for my sect. On a another note, I love travelling and i have visited 22 countries so far but mostly Europe, and North and South America. I am going to work hard and save my ass and plan a trip to Africa and visit you, master King and all the masters from this forum.
Aaaah master King will involve you in his 6 some, 1 girl six guys. That guy need help😬

Please excuse my ignorance if you have mentioned it before, but which continent are you located in, master @brits?

Wish you and your family a good and joyful journey. . .

On my way. Its ten hours journey, will be so tired. Anyway watching football game Simba and Yanga.
I don't see simba will win. Yanga will win here.. there will be 1 more goal to be scored in 2nd half making the game total under 2.5.

Have a great journey Master Gily!